PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The Ability of Eustace Kidd

RezzieThaRapper
June 11, 2010, 07:02 AM
Kidd has been shown sorta as the anti-luffy in some aspect

This may even be applicable to their Devil Fruits... If Kidd uses electromagnetic abilities... could Enel hurt him?!?!

But I digress... The real reason for this thread is because I was into another thread and people were downplaying Kidd's abilities

I for one believe that Kidd could be become top Tier Capable... in fact the manga really hasn't given an in-dept performance of his ability... The anime showed a little extra, but that can be shrugged off as "filler" so he may very well be Top Tier Capable... Kizaru was after him and it appears Kuma did not poof him to another island so he could very well have held him off<<<Not Likely IMO Though (and Law was there too, Law may have been able to use his ability to help out or even do everything) --- This is assuming that Kizaru even ended up confronting the two...

Now Devil Fruit Wise Only -- On a scale from 1-10 about how much of a threat do you think Kidd's devil fruit ability is??? And what do you think the extent of his ability is???

And ATM who do you think would win in a three way bout
Kidd/Luffy/Law

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Shisu
June 11, 2010, 07:40 AM
I could see Luffy stomping them with Gear second. But we haven't seen enough of Eustass and Law to make a general statement.
However, I go with Luffy. ;)

bittman
June 11, 2010, 07:50 AM
Well let's just say we got a preview of Kidd.

I mean, lets say we were following Kidd and Luffy was some random Supernova who turned up and showed off some Gomu Gomu no Mi. We'd be like: "Oh that's interesting", but in the battle we didn't see Gear 2, or even a good display of the remainder of his abilities.

Right now, we can see that Kidd can attract and repel metallic objects, and presume magnetism (the logical explanation). For all we know, Kidd is able to apply his magnetism in ways unimaginable just as gear 2 is not something you could feasibly come up with after seeing a rubber man.

If we're talking from what we've seen though, Kidd would not beat Luffy on their powers alone (though Luffy doesn't particularly hold an advantage due to his fruit either). Law's fruit seems advantageous against almost any opponent, but again we're a bit unclear regarding the rules he has to follow.

If they all fought at the moment, Luffy would win. I don't doubt that at the moment.

Can Kidd become top tier capable? Meh, who knows. Right now he's a part of the new age. The top tier is majorly the legends age and the super elite of the current age, to even be in these categories those people have had years of experience and growth. Overcome countless hardships and victories for history.

If Kidd lives long enough, then yes he could become top tier. Of course, that's almost applicable to anyone. If Crocodile lives long enough, he could become top tier. To live long enough, you'd have to be strong.

frontaLobotomy
June 11, 2010, 08:10 AM
Given his power of controlling magnetism, I believe he's going to be a very powerful Pirate. Look at how powerful Magneto is in the X-Men comics/movies. The physics may be different to that of Marvel, but there is a lot of versatility with a power like that.

monkey D luffy
June 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
there is one really huge difference. we dont know if metal has such massive usage as opposed to the real world. for all we know metal is scarce in the world of one piece, so kidd's power might not be that useful as magneto's
if what happened in the filler part of the anime is true and kidd can somehow negate kizaru's lazers he might be a top tier but because he has the upper hand in the fruit clash. as bittman said we cant really tell what will happen to him, and we dont know the full extent of his powers. we also dont know why he has such high bounty, yeah he hurt civilians but he didnt seem so cruel when he fought alongside luffy so you can never know

he might be like roger, if someone talks bad on his dream/crew he can go berserk and wipe out countries

RichardMNixon
June 11, 2010, 10:04 AM
The biggest thing we've yet to see is how precisely he can control it. Is it mostly attracting and repelling or could he manipulate steel cable to bind people?

As is though, he basically autowins against any swordsman and is still hosed against logia.

abc1233
June 11, 2010, 02:07 PM
Well let's just say we got a preview of Kidd.

I mean, lets say we were following Kidd and Luffy was some random Supernova who turned up and showed off some Gomu Gomu no Mi. We'd be like: "Oh that's interesting", but in the battle we didn't see Gear 2, or even a good display of the remainder of his abilities.

Right now, we can see that Kidd can attract and repel metallic objects, and presume magnetism (the logical explanation). For all we know, Kidd is able to apply his magnetism in ways unimaginable just as gear 2 is not something you could feasibly come up with after seeing a rubber man.

If we're talking from what we've seen though, Kidd would not beat Luffy on their powers alone (though Luffy doesn't particularly hold an advantage due to his fruit either). Law's fruit seems advantageous against almost any opponent, but again we're a bit unclear regarding the rules he has to follow.

If they all fought at the moment, Luffy would win. I don't doubt that at the moment.

Can Kidd become top tier capable? Meh, who knows. Right now he's a part of the new age. The top tier is majorly the legends age and the super elite of the current age, to even be in these categories those people have had years of experience and growth. Overcome countless hardships and victories for history.

If Kidd lives long enough, then yes he could become top tier. Of course, that's almost applicable to anyone. If Crocodile lives long enough, he could become top tier. To live long enough, you'd have to be strong.

if you want an idea of what kidd may be capable of, look here (http://codebreaker.wikia.com/wiki/Toki_Fujiwara)

I know it's from another manga but the idea and powers are still the same, the gauss cannon would be very powerful if kidd could use it.

Dasbones
June 12, 2010, 12:57 AM
Kidd's ability is more useful against a large amount of opponents, which makes me wonder why he took no part in the Maniford war (basing this simply on his ability). His ablility would also require a large amount of weaker opponents, just so he could fight the stronger ones, since most major pirates don't use guns. Although he has a very obvious advantage over sword users, that kinda limits is power's usefulness.

Theory: since he is able to attract and repel flintlocks (guns made of mostly wood, with a few metal parts), you could think that he could control an entire ship with enough effort, so its possible that he has a much larger advantage on the sea. Also, Kidd may have certain weapons or supplies on his ship (or at least something he wouldn't carry into the human auctioning house) that would allow more effective use of his ability such as; a suit of armor, or specialized projectiles he could repel (similar to Buggy's bombs). It's also possible that he could attract and repel seastone (since it seems to be forged like a metal), as unlikely as that is, it would give him a very large advantage over logia opponents.

As for his notoriety for causing high civilian casualties; his crew may be responsible for a great deal of that, but it's easy to see how he could cause a lot of harm to a armed populous.

RezzieThaRapper
June 12, 2010, 11:44 AM
What I'm wondering is if Kidd is only limited to Attract and Repel effects with his Devil Fruit, because if it is then he is way more limited than I thought

But if he has the ... well ... let's say "expansion" of Magneto then he can have a lot more abilities than we think

He may be able to manipulate metal at the molecular level, and if he can do that then he can get a power up similar to Luffy, instead of a Gear though, he get's a full body of metal armor...
-He Get's Great Defense, even against Gear 3rd if used in a tactical way
-He Can Manipulate his body with his own Magnetism, possibly giving him flight
-He could be as versatile as Mr. 1 with weaponary, by reforming his own armor into weapons and reinforce them constantly with magnetism
-He could form spikes on himself, Luffy would have a hard time trying to get around it (or not... we all say the battle with Don Krieg)

^^^^ This is only speculation, please don't bash too hard, lol ^^^^

Another thing I can think of, (and I only think of this because of the "Discovery Channel"), Magnetism from the earth's poles has been known/speculated to effect storms, and it can cause spontaneous lightning storms. Maybe he will be able to manipulate lightning as Enel/Eneru (without the Logia intangibility and the ability to pull it from his own body)
-This would not help against Luffy though, lol
-Alot of people would be royally f**ked when facing him on a cloudy day
-This would up his level incredibly

^^^^ again this is only speculation/assuming ^^^^

One more thing I think would make him a Top Tier Fighter, would be not an ability, but a fight before or after Luffy... with Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"... I want to see Kidd to go against Blackbeard and straight dominate him and his crew in a mini-arc before Luffy fights Blackbeard... Kinda like how Ace and Blackbeard got those chapters before thriller bark... I want Kidd to straight beast the fight the entire time... until the end, which I would like Teach to reveal his final secret and Win... Then I would like to see Luffy and Crew find the scene, and find Kidd barely alive, but having a huge mountain of metal behind him encasing his crew to protect them. That will be his moment and will show not only how tough he is for surviving, but another direct parallel to Luffy in protecting his Nakama

^^^^ for the final time, it's speculation/assuming/theorizing so be light on the bashing, lol ^^^^

Razh
June 13, 2010, 04:51 PM
The biggest thing we've yet to see is how precisely he can control it. Is it mostly attracting and repelling or could he manipulate steel cable to bind people?

I don't know if he could do something like that. Since he is a paramecia, it means that he can turn his body parts into magnets and attract metal. Or repel if by reversing polarity or whatever. Seems to me that binding someone with a steel cable or a chain wouldn't be that easy. He can't manipulate magnetic fields like Magneto can. Paramecias are different.
But I wouldn't exclude the possibility that he can achieve something like that with practice.

And yeah, I remember that he formed a hand with all the metal he attracted but it was basically all connected to him. That's very different that manipulating a distant object without being in contact with it.

As far as usefulness of his power on the sea is, I don't think it's too hard to put some metal objects into your ship, just in case there is no metal available in the surroundings.

I wonder if he has some weapon, aside from those guns. He could do some amazing things with a spear, for example. Or a trident. I can't remember if one of his men had a trident.

RichardMNixon
June 14, 2010, 09:58 AM
I don't know if he could do something like that. Since he is a paramecia, it means that he can turn his body parts into magnets and attract metal. Or repel if by reversing polarity or whatever. Seems to me that binding someone with a steel cable or a chain wouldn't be that easy. He can't manipulate magnetic fields like Magneto can. Paramecias are different.
But I wouldn't exclude the possibility that he can achieve something like that with practice.

I agree that we don't know if he can or not, but I don't think paramecia has anything to do with it. Whitebeard's let him tilt the ocean or continental shelf or whatever, Robin's let's her grow body parts elsewhere, Moria could control shadows, etc. All of those are supernatural powers beyond just changing what your body is.

Razh
June 14, 2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah, but there are different types. Like that ball guy, wheel guy and Bellamy Kid's power falls under changing your body category. At least I think so. There wouldn't be a need for him to attach metal to himself and fight if he could manipulate it freely like Magento. Whitebeard's power was more like Foxxy's type. He could create tremors, just like Fox could create slow beams. They couldn't do anything about their bodies.

Kid can maybe train his power to be able to manipulate metal freely. We'll just have to wait for it.

RezzieThaRapper
June 15, 2010, 08:54 PM
In another post I saw users comparing him to Whitebeard... Not in terms of Power exactly but as the Rival to Luffy....

Then thought that at the end of the manga, he showcases one of magneto's strongest abilities, The ability to draw in meteors, with only pulling them in... He'd be comparable to Edward Newgate in the aspect that they could destroy the world... (I doubt it could happen, but it would be so cool if it did)

What if he develops some Psuedo Mantra by "reading" the planets magnetic field (another ability taken from Magneto --- Honestly he's the greatest metal user ever created in comics)

Poneglyph420
June 15, 2010, 10:31 PM
Thank god there is no indication his ability has any relation to Magneto or anything X-Men. Really! Up until now Kidd has shown the ability to attract and repel metallic items.. and at times form them into crude shapes... It's kinda assumed that Luffy Law and Kidd are all generally at the same level of development.. I wonder..
But I would imagine as the story will progress so will his mastery of his ability... which we truly have no idea about.

RezzieThaRapper
June 16, 2010, 12:28 AM
Thank god there is no indication his ability has any relation to Magneto or anything X-Men. Really! Up until now Kidd has shown the ability to attract and repel metallic items.. and at times form them into crude shapes... It's kinda assumed that Luffy Law and Kidd are all generally at the same level of development.. I wonder..
But I would imagine as the story will progress so will his mastery of his ability... which we truly have no idea about.

But Magneto would be a good character to have an Idea of what Kidd MAY be able to do, and Magneto's ability is to attract and repel magnetic items, duh... what do you think magnetism is, lol (sorry if that made me sound like an arse)

Poneglyph420
June 16, 2010, 01:14 AM
But Magneto would be a good character to have an Idea of what Kidd MAY be able to do, and Magneto's ability is to attract and repel magnetic items, duh... what do you think magnetism is, lol (sorry if that made me sound like an arse)

Actually Magneto had the ability to manipulate magnetic items and create electromagnetic fields.. like his famous force bubble and the way Magneto flew by repelling. That's something that Kidd hasn't really displayed. Nothing but crude magnetic forms yet (ie. The giant "metal" arms on SA)
If indeed Kidd has Magneto's powers.. this should be a short story..

beastboy
June 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
C'mon, from what I saw, his power is better than gear 3, cause it has pointy objects wich would pierce, and doesn't has the down part (chibi luffy)!
Hand that was pretty much the only attack he used, but with a gun he could do wonderful things like firing from behind the oponent while attacking him from the front (sneaky but effective), manipulating the tragectory of the bullet, so it would be difficult to dodge, increase the velocity by using repel at the same type he fires, with enough speed it could generate enough pressure to teer Luffy's rubber!

With a sword he would also be god like, he could simply manipulate the sword from distance, and could be like Erza(from fairy tail), using lots of swords at once...
And that using basic mangnetic things...

But If he has magneto's powers he is kinda godlike... magnetic force field, free metal transformation, that would be the case if it was a Metal logia I think!

Truefan21
June 18, 2010, 12:59 AM
he is like magneto it feels like oda isn't fully actualizing his power

Razh
June 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
Again, he has only shown being able to attract and repel metal, and manipulate metal in contact with him.
My guess is he could only do attract and repel stuff. Forming giant hands is probably advanced. Also, he has to be scary strong in order to swing around huge chunks of metal like that.

BetaRuler
June 27, 2010, 04:50 PM
Then thought that at the end of the manga, he showcases one of magneto's strongest abilities, The ability to draw in meteors, with only pulling them in...

Sorry,,, this whole post made me think about Sephiroths way to do it ;-;... Iv been replaying FF7 too much lately!

I think all of the supernova's powers have these weird "rules" to their powers we haven't seen yet though...
We don't know if Eustace can do more than attract and repel metal
(he might attract and repel more than metal)
We don't know Law's range or what he can or can't teleport in his bubble
I certainly don't understand how Basils powers tie up voodoo dolls and his scarecrow transformation, and his fortune telling...
Nor how Apoo transforms his body into instruments and causes ranged explosions, how far can his 'sounds' travel?
Bonneys age or weight mystery
Beiges resizing objects and putting them inside his body?
And Orouge or Drake?... Meh, they fail to strengthen the theory i've got going that says all the Supernovas have 2 powers!

As far as I can see most of them have 2 things they can do, and we can't seem to come up with any proper ideas that tie both ideas in 1 easy conclusion yet, sorry, I feel like I didn't think about Eustace enough but I'm usually uninterested in Eustace anyway XD

Wait... Do you think Eustace could attract or repel Mr 1 Das Bones?...