PDA

View Full Version : Review Raine's Wrap-Up- 332

Raine_Joybringer
November 23, 2006, 11:24 PM
~~Raine's Wrap-Up~~

Hey all! :amuse Here I am with a chapter review of my own finally! I'm hoping to be able to do one every week, but I'm such a procrastinator... anyway, here's hoping you like this one! No pictures unfortunately, but maybe in time... ;)

~332: Shikamaru’s Fight~

Well, what a chapter! Not only are we getting treated to seeing Shikamaru take it to a new level, but we’ve found out the good news about the Naruto anime! Spring (autumn here for me) is the set time to look forward to! I’m kinda hoping it starts on the 12th of March, which is my birthday, haha.

~Farewell, Yugito:~

First, let’s just have a moment of sadness for Yugito... if you guys hadn’t already heard me whining on the other threads by now, you’d now I’m a big Yugito fan despite seeing her so little. I was so looking forward to seeing more of her and meeting Naruto, but I guess right from the moment we saw her pinned on that wall that things were not going to bode well for her.

I’m sad that she was used as a kind of plot device to make us feel sorry for her (or else we wouldn’t have gotten her name). But now with the Nibi’s sealing, we see that the Akatsuki only have three more to go until the first part of their plan is finished. We know Naruto is one of them, but I wonder who are the others? Personally, I’m hoping one of them will be the Gobi.

~News wrap-up!:~

Enough of me being devastated though, let’s get to celebrating over the anime, and the awesome treats we’ve been given! We’ve heard that there’s going to be a new Narutimate Hero game (Narutimate Accel), first hand looks at screencaps from Part 2, and an awesome height chart to see how Naruto has grown! He’s only 6 cm taller than me, hehe.

I’ve also heard that there’s news that we’ll be seeing a new movie by the next summer, involving Part 2 characters. And we’ve been told that the series and movie will go under the name of ‘Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles’, which has to do with Naruto being a wind element user. What an awesome name! I wonder if it has anything more to do with it than we think? Hm...

Oh! And let’s not forget we get to see Sakura! It seems I was correct in my guess that her skirt isn’t white (extra points to my costume, whoo!). And if you’ve seen them- there’s been a couple characters cards out showing the TS costumes. Gaara’s vest is blue! I’m pretty sure nobody saw that coming! You know, I’d just love to have one of those shirts they have on the pages showing the big news. Strange as it is, I’d especially love to have Naruto’s 2nd costume, even just for fun.

~Team Asuma:~

Back to the story then, eh? I’m really glad we’re getting to see Team Asuma in action. It’s a nice break from following Naruto around all the time. I mean, whilst Naruto is the main character, with such a wonderful and diverse cast, it’s good to see what else is going on away from Naruto, especially how the rest of the village and not just Naruto is being affected by the presence of the Akatsuki.

We got to see a little of Ino this week too and that she still uses her signature move, though I hadn’t ever thought it could be used on animals! That’s even more interesting. I also have to mention Chouji. I know we’re about to see some big things out of him too... oh gosh, bad pun. But anyway, during a talk I had with a friend of mine, he pointed out that Chouji now packs a three-section staff. If Chouji is anything like his father, then that staff is able to grow in size too. Ow, that’s gonna hurt...

~Shikamaru kicks it up a notch!:~

I can only think of one word first off, and that is ‘SHWEET!’. Looking back on Shikamaru’s other fights, this one is just so much different from his usual style. Though it’s only been a few days, Asuma’s death really has shaken Shikamaru. It’s not only cigarettes that Shikamaru has taken up from his sensei, but there’s something a little similar in his fighting style now, not just with the amazing new use of the chakra blades.

Speaking of which, we finally get to see what new novel way he’s come up with for using them- the Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu. It seems those who thought he was putting his shadow technique into them have been right! And it allows him to literally ‘pin’ people with them too, leaving him free to attack without having to stay put. This is a HUGE development for Shikamaru because, in a way, this means that he no longer has to rely so much on other people while he keeps someone at bay. Wow.

Let’s take a little look at what Shikamaru has been able to do in such a quick entrance: he used his normal Kagemane to get Hidan and Kakuzu’s attention so that they would instantly defend against the exploding tags thrown at them; the exploding tags were used to distract Kakuzu from helping Hidan in any way, but were able to take out Hidan’s scythe rope; Shikamaru then disabled Kakuzu and Hidan with the Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu and fake exploding tags (by making them falter in what to do and defend again). And as Kakuzu said, they were also concentrating too much on their feet and the first Kagemane (I think I’m right in that Kakuzu is the wittier one... he made a pun too!).

So, until they’re able to get away from the effect of the chakra blades, they’re at Shikamaru’s mercy. Hidan won’t be able to use his scythe as effectively anymore either, since it has been broken. Any long range attacks are out of the question.

~Hidan and Kakuzu:~

I wonder if everyone in the Akatsuki has a bone to pick with Hidan- he’s crass, rude, and an egotist. More proof that he respects nobody, he even called Deidara by ‘Deidara-chan’ and insulted his arms (well, at least we know how he got them back now). Of course, Kakuzu is the wittier one and flung Hidan having his head sewn back on in his face. Serves him right, methinks.

I’m a little curious with Hidan really thinking that going back to the bounty station would be a good idea. He must be pretty cocky with himself after killing Asuma and thinking it’d be okay to continue on their path to Konoha via the bounty station. Kakuzu is sensible in steering him away, given the chances there may even be another ambush set up there. On the whole though, it’s a strange thing to do anyway.

~Next week?:~

‘The Moment of Victory’ is next week’s title! Of course, this could mean either one of two things- Shikamaru wins against Hidan and Kakuzu, or even that Naruto completes his jutsu!

I think perhaps it’ll be Naruto that “wins” next chapter. We’ve still yet to see anything from the rest of Shikamaru and the team, so I’m suspicious of how much could be done in one chapter, seeing as we’ve still yet to see the backup Tsunade had planned. However, there’s still question yet to this “backup”. If Naruto doesn’t complete his jutsu, then another team will be sent. If that does happen, I hope it’ll be Team Kurenai at least. Still, there’s lots more to come, so I can’t wait! :smile-big

WinterLion
November 23, 2006, 11:43 PM
Yaaaay!!! First to comment. :woo

First of all, great comments. I enjoyed reading them. (But I think you forgot to rate it. ;))

I guess a lot of us were wrong on Yugito. It just seems so odd for Kishi to spend so much time on her, and giving us so many glimpses of her, only to kill her off so quickly. By giving us so many of those glimpses, it makes us all want to know more about her. At least it does for me. So many questions are raised about how she because a jinchuuriki. How did she learn to control the Nibi so completely? She was obviously a Kumogakure kunoichi, so what was her relationship with her village like? And on and on. :p And now, we'll probably never get the answers to those questions, which annoys me. >_<

I definitely agree with you on the fact that Kakuzu's the wittier (and smarter one). He figured out what Shika had done as soon as he was caught. Though Shika is definitely smarter. I think Shika would have seen it coming and wouldn't have gotten caught like that.

Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu is definitely awesome. A great way to use those chakra blades. As you said, now he can pin people and attack them at the same time. I can't wait to find out how this goes.

Somehow, I don't think this is the end of the fight though. It's too simple (and short). So it'll be interesting to see what Kakuzu and Hidan do next to get out of it. And you know Shika's planned for that too because we haven't seen Kakashi and Chouji in the action at all.

Raine_Joybringer
November 24, 2006, 12:05 AM
Yaaaay!!! First to comment. :woo

First of all, great comments. I enjoyed reading them. (But I think you forgot to rate it. ;))

:D My first response! Yay! And thanks Megami-chan. You know, I don't think I'm really one to be able to rate it. I'm such a fangirl that I'd probably give every chapter a 5/5 despite what happens XD

I guess a lot of us were wrong on Yugito. It just seems so odd for Kishi to spend so much time on her, and giving us so many glimpses of her, only to kill her off so quickly. By giving us so many of those glimpses, it makes us all want to know more about her. At least it does for me. So many questions are raised about how she because a jinchuuriki. How did she learn to control the Nibi so completely? She was obviously a Kumogakure kunoichi, so what was her relationship with her village like? And on and on. :p And now, we'll probably never get the answers to those questions, which annoys me. >_<

Yes! That annoys me so much too. It seems like such a silly thing to do story-wise, especially since he played it almost in a way that made it seem like she was going to be more of a stable character somehow. :notrust

I definitely agree with you on the fact that Kakuzu's the wittier (and smarter one). He figured out what Shika had done as soon as he was caught. Though Shika is definitely smarter. I think Shika would have seen it coming and wouldn't have gotten caught like that.

Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu is definitely awesome. A great way to use those chakra blades. As you said, now he can pin people and attack them at the same time. I can't wait to find out how this goes.

Me either! I'm waiting to see what the rest of his plan was with the others. :tem

Somehow, I don't think this is the end of the fight though. It's too simple (and short). So it'll be interesting to see what Kakuzu and Hidan do next to get out of it. And you know Shika's planned for that too because we haven't seen Kakashi and Chouji in the action at all.

Hm, I agree. Something's not right if Shikamaru takes them both out so simply. There's gotta be more to it than that!

kiddo7
November 24, 2006, 12:48 AM
Well well well, What an interesting chapter we had indeed?.And what a delight to see you doing a review, ms Joybringer (gotta say that is a rather nice name you chose for yourself).

I am pretty sure that we have only seen the prelude to this fight.
Why? I'll tell you why. Remeber shikamaru telling his team they should memorize multiple possibilities? and remember hpw he modified his plan once he got Kakashi? I seriously doubt that Kishimoto would put that in if it did not have any significance. Though we do have a very recent precedent for this case (yugito). So far the onlz one with any involvement in this battle was Shikamaru and that tells me only one thing... Exactly!, it is the same thing that all of you are thinking too. Lets have the next chapter. (and people where actually saying that Naruto is loosing it's edge... HA you make me laugh)

Raine_Joybringer
November 24, 2006, 01:06 AM
Well well well, What an interesting chapter we had indeed?.And what a delight to see you doing a review, ms Joybringer (gotta say that is a rather nice name you chose for yourself).

Hehe, thanks :) Though, just call me RJ if you want. That's pretty much always been amy nickname. If anything, I had RJ before I had Raine Joybringer.

I am pretty sure that we have only seen the prelude to this fight.
Why? I'll tell you why. Remeber shikamaru telling his team they should memorize multiple possibilities? and remember hpw he modified his plan once he got Kakashi? I seriously doubt that Kishimoto would put that in if it did not have any significance. Though we do have a very recent precedent for this case (yugito). So far the onlz one with any involvement in this battle was Shikamaru and that tells me only one thing... Exactly!, it is the same thing that all of you are thinking too. Lets have the next chapter. (and people where actually saying that Naruto is loosing it's edge... HA you make me laugh)

:D Yup, I'm actually hoping to see a bit more action out of this battle. We've gotta see Kakuzu fight to the best of his ability too. And I'd love to see Naruto join the battle and show off too.

Naruto is no way losing any of it's edge! I've always been a big supporter, so I knew we were going to see something great come out of these coming chapters!

Ayah
November 24, 2006, 01:59 AM
It is wonderful that you decided to make your own review, Raine. It is even better that I happen to like this chapter so I feel like replying. It's refreshing to have a Naruto chapter which I enjoyed reading for a long time. The past chapters seem like a drag to me.

~332: Shikamaru’s Fight~

Well, what a chapter! Not only are we getting treated to seeing Shikamaru take it to a new level, but we’ve found out the good news about the Naruto anime! Spring (autumn here for me) is the set time to look forward to! I’m kinda hoping it starts on the 12th of March, which is my birthday, haha.

No~! Not March; earlier than that! It was about time we hear legitimate news about the end of the fillers. What more to celebrate other than the manga's seventh anniversary in publication?

First, let’s just have a moment of sadness for Yugito... if you guys hadn’t already heard me whining on the other threads by now, you’d now I’m a big Yugito fan despite seeing her so little. I was so looking forward to seeing more of her and meeting Naruto, but I guess right from the moment we saw her pinned on that wall that things were not going to bode well for her.

I’m sad that she was used as a kind of plot device to make us feel sorry for her (or else we wouldn’t have gotten her name). But now with the Nibi’s sealing, we see that the Akatsuki only have three more to go until the first part of their plan is finished. We know Naruto is one of them, but I wonder who are the others? Personally, I’m hoping one of them will be the Gobi.

I cannot say that I am a fan of Yugito because we knew too little of her. However, I am disappointed that she was put to waste. With the attention given to her, one would expect that she would have a bigger role but Kishimoto decided to surprise the readers with the Nibi's sealing. I knew I complained in Gold Knight's 331 Ten Comments that the mangaka should have been more subtle in foreshadowings, especially of death. Well, look at the irony! At the most, I wish Yugito still has a role to play, even if posthumously. I am not saying that I want her to return as ghost; more like a passing thought when Konoha learns of her fate and discusses it to Kumo (Hidden Cloud). The other way could also work. Hey, Konoha-Kumo relations sound like an interesting topic to me because of the whole Hyuuga affair in the past. Back on topic, I really wonder why Kishimoto continued to draw her after her capture. Fanservice? I am also curious of the remaining bijuu and their jinchuuriki, if any.

Enough of me being devastated though, let’s get to celebrating over the anime, and the awesome treats we’ve been given! We’ve heard that there’s going to be a new Narutimate Hero game (Narutimate Accel), first hand looks at screencaps from Part 2, and an awesome height chart to see how Naruto has grown! He’s only 6 cm taller than me, hehe.

I’ve also heard that there’s news that we’ll be seeing a new movie by the next summer, involving Part 2 characters. And we’ve been told that the series and movie will go under the name of ‘Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles’, which has to do with Naruto being a wind element user. What an awesome name! I wonder if it has anything more to do with it than we think? Hm...

Oh! And let’s not forget we get to see Sakura! It seems I was correct in my guess that her skirt isn’t white (extra points to my costume, whoo!). And if you’ve seen them- there’s been a couple characters cards out showing the TS costumes. Gaara’s vest is blue! I’m pretty sure nobody saw that coming! You know, I’d just love to have one of those shirts they have on the pages showing the big news. Strange as it is, I’d especially love to have Naruto’s 2nd costume, even just for fun.

Raine, your height is 160 cm too? Naruto is taller than us! :omg Part 2 getting a new name in the anime sounds like it wants to distance itself from Part 1 anime and its filler arcs :D I have no complaint with "Hurricane Chronicles", but it might take away the surprise of learning what Naruto's element is from anime-only watchers. Then again, if I were still an anime-only watcher (I started with the anime), I would wonder why the anime is now called as such. Gaara's vest is the same color as the official manga coloring, but Sakura's skirt is different. TJ Naruto cosplayers are now going to have an easier time dressing up when they could just buy the costume; hopefully they fit :tem

~Team Asuma:~ Back to the story then, eh? I’m really glad we’re getting to see Team Asuma in action. It’s a nice break from following Naruto around all the time. I mean, whilst Naruto is the main character, with such a wonderful and diverse cast, it’s good to see what else is going on away from Naruto, especially how the rest of the village and not just Naruto is being affected by the presence of the Akatsuki.

We got to see a little of Ino this week too and that she still uses her signature move, though I hadn’t ever thought it could be used on animals! That’s even more interesting. I also have to mention Chouji. I know we’re about to see some big things out of him too... oh gosh, bad pun. But anyway, during a talk I had with a friend of mine, he pointed out that Chouji now packs a three-section staff. If Chouji is anything like his father, then that staff is able to grow in size too. Ow, that’s gonna hurt...

As long it is not about training unless it is in its final stage then I do not mind the focus shifting away from Naruto. It is nice to know that shinten no jutsu could be also used for animals; imagine the spying you can do with it! I did not notice the three-section staff though, so thanks for telling :amuse

I can only think of one word first off, and that is ‘SHWEET!’. Looking back on Shikamaru’s other fights, this one is just so much different from his usual style. Though it’s only been a few days, Asuma’s death really has shaken Shikamaru. It’s not only cigarettes that Shikamaru has taken up from his sensei, but there’s something a little similar in his fighting style now, not just with the amazing new use of the chakra blades.

Speaking of which, we finally get to see what new novel way he’s come up with for using them- the Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu. It seems those who thought he was putting his shadow technique into them have been right! And it allows him to literally ‘pin’ people with them too, leaving him free to attack without having to stay put. This is a HUGE development for Shikamaru because, in a way, this means that he no longer has to rely so much on other people while he keeps someone at bay. Wow.

Let’s take a little look at what Shikamaru has been able to do in such a quick entrance: he used his normal Kagemane to get Hidan and Kakuzu’s attention so that they would instantly defend against the exploding tags thrown at them; the exploding tags were used to distract Kakuzu from helping Hidan in any way, but were able to take out Hidan’s scythe rope; Shikamaru then disabled Kakuzu and Hidan with the Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu and fake exploding tags (by making them falter in what to do and defend again). And as Kakuzu said, they were also concentrating too much on their feet and the first Kagemane (I think I’m right in that Kakuzu is the wittier one... he made a pun too!).

So, until they’re able to get away from the effect of the chakra blades, they’re at Shikamaru’s mercy. Hidan won’t be able to use his scythe as effectively anymore either, since it has been broken. Any long range attacks are out of the question.

I like fights with Shikamaru in it so this really pleased me despite my worry a couple of chapters ago. Wait, Shika is not fighting a girl! Kagemane shuriken no jutsu is a brilliant technique because it removes one handicap of his during battle. I usually skim through discussion and predictions, but I believe nobody predicted the move Shika intended to do with the chakra blades.

I wonder if everyone in the Akatsuki has a bone to pick with Hidan- he’s crass, rude, and an egotist. More proof that he respects nobody, he even called Deidara by ‘Deidara-chan’ and insulted his arms (well, at least we know how he got them back now). Of course, Kakuzu is the wittier one and flung Hidan having his head sewn back on in his face. Serves him right, methinks.

I’m a little curious with Hidan really thinking that going back to the bounty station would be a good idea. He must be pretty cocky with himself after killing Asuma and thinking it’d be okay to continue on their path to Konoha via the bounty station. Kakuzu is sensible in steering him away, given the chances there may even be another ambush set up there. On the whole though, it’s a strange thing to do anyway.

I have more respect with Kakuzu thanks to this chapter. Hidan really needs to be paired against a foil, and Kakuzu fits. Should have figured that it was Kakuzu who was responsible for bringing Deidara's arms back when he sew Hidan's head (wait, shouldn't it be one arm?).

‘The Moment of Victory’ is next week’s title! Of course, this could mean either one of two things- Shikamaru wins against Hidan and Kakuzu, or even that Naruto completes his jutsu!

I think perhaps it’ll be Naruto that “wins” next chapter. We’ve still yet to see anything from the rest of Shikamaru and the team, so I’m suspicious of how much could be done in one chapter, seeing as we’ve still yet to see the backup Tsunade had planned. However, there’s still question yet to this “backup”. If Naruto doesn’t complete his jutsu, then another team will be sent. If that does happen, I hope it’ll be Team Kurenai at least. Still, there’s lots more to come, so I can’t wait! :smile-big

I also think the "victory" will be Naruto's. He finally found a way to combine nature manipulation and form manipulation in 330 so all he has to do is develop the new jutsu itself.

I guess this is all for now :noworry

kiddo7
November 24, 2006, 02:06 AM
by the way, where do we ever get to see this alleged three section staff of chouji's? I can't for the life of me remember where to start looking for it.

Robotic Red
November 24, 2006, 02:19 AM
Who's to say that Yugito's actually dead?

Gaara ain't.

We don't even know if there are any tricks to Yugito. Who knows. I wouldn't close the book on her just yet.

Ayah
November 24, 2006, 02:20 AM
Gaara was dead when Shuukaku was extracted. He was resurrected at the cost of Chiyo's life. To be honest, I don't want another revival.

One Eyed Sharingan
November 24, 2006, 02:47 AM
Great wrap-ups....kekekke

WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *sob* *sob* :wtf.....the fanboy spirit inside me is denying this.....she's gotta be alive.....cats have nine lives don't they....nekomata is the living spirit of vengeance, is it not??? Anyhow, grace me with being alive, pretty please?? *me continues to sulking*

Part 2 in February??? that's long!! New game yaaaaaay, with Part 2 characters too eh??

~Team Asuma:~
so we finally get to see Ino's move.... she used it to animals, looks like konoha shinobis are good at tracking eh?
Hmm has Ino been occasionally using that jutsu for 3 days. (they went off konoha the day Akatsuki finished sealing three-tail..and found Kakuzu & Hidan at the day Akatsuki finished sealing two-tail)

Yup, Shika's new move is shweet, those knives are better used in Shika's hand than Naruto's (i think), cuz just like u said, those knives decrease Shika's limitations in using shadow jutsus

still exchanging insults eh? Well like u said Hidan's the one to be picked...kekkekek since he's loudmouth....kekkekek

means 7 days of waiting.....

husnimubarak
November 24, 2006, 05:18 AM
hidan and kakazu..

it's like jiraiya teamed up with orochi..

they're quite magnificent DUO aren't they..???

Raine_Joybringer
November 24, 2006, 07:00 AM
It is wonderful that you decided to make your own review, Raine. It is even better that I happen to like this chapter so I feel like replying. It's refreshing to have a Naruto chapter which I enjoyed reading for a long time. The past chapters seem like a drag to me.

No~! Not March; earlier than that! It was about time we hear legitimate news about the end of the fillers. What more to celebrate other than the manga's seventh anniversary in publication?

^_^ That's wonderful! Both for you and the anime, hehe. And wow, 7 years! Hard to believe, eh? I haven't been a fan all that long then if you look at it like that!

I cannot say that I am a fan of Yugito because we knew too little of her. However, I am disappointed that she was put to waste. With the attention given to her, one would expect that she would have a bigger role but Kishimoto decided to surprise the readers with the Nibi's sealing. I knew I complained in Gold Knight's 331 Ten Comments that the mangaka should have been more subtle in foreshadowings, especially of death. Well, look at the irony! At the most, I wish Yugito still has a role to play, even if posthumously. I am not saying that I want her to return as ghost; more like a passing thought when Konoha learns of her fate and discusses it to Kumo (Hidden Cloud). The other way could also work. Hey, Konoha-Kumo relations sound like an interesting topic to me because of the whole Hyuuga affair in the past. Back on topic, I really wonder why Kishimoto continued to draw her after her capture. Fanservice? I am also curious of the remaining bijuu and their jinchuuriki, if any.

There wasn't enough to make any good connection between her and the readers it seems. I just liked her because for over a year before her arrival I had been hooked on the idea of a female Jinchuuriki, and the Nibi one at that (even going so far as to write my own fanfiction about it). I guess you can understand my disappointment in that area then.

I do like the idea of Yugito playing at least some part in her death, even if it's a political one. It's strange how he kept popping her in there. It's possible she was like some kind of fanservice. *Sigh* I really hope not, because that's not like Kishimoto to do at all.

Raine, your height is 160 cm too? Naruto is taller than us! :omg Part 2 getting a new name in the anime sounds like it wants to distance itself from Part 1 anime and its filler arcs :D I have no complaint with "Hurricane Chronicles", but it might take away the surprise of learning what Naruto's element is from anime-only watchers. Then again, if I were still an anime-only watcher (I started with the anime), I would wonder why the anime is now called as such. Gaara's vest is the same color as the official manga coloring, but Sakura's skirt is different. TJ Naruto cosplayers are now going to have an easier time dressing up when they could just buy the costume; hopefully they fit :tem

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm 160cm. Though that was me measuring myself with a builder's tape I was using to estimate how big fans were for my cosplay, so that height may be a little wrong. But close...

I think you're right in saying that part 1 wants to distance itself from part 2. It's kinda strange to see a renaming like that, but it's nice and funky anyway :D I haven't been an anime watcher myself. It's only been recently that I've even been able to see the first few episodes actually. Most anime fans would probably be confused, yeah.

Know what I'm most excited about though? The fact that with the new series means that I'll be recognised more easily in my costume next time I wear it! Hardly anybody at the last convention recognised me unfortunately!

As long it is not about training unless it is in its final stage then I do not mind the focus shifting away from Naruto. It is nice to know that shinten no jutsu could be also used for animals; imagine the spying you can do with it! I did not notice the three-section staff though, so thanks for telling :amuse

I like fights with Shikamaru in it so this really pleased me despite my worry a couple of chapters ago. Wait, Shika is not fighting a girl! Kagemane shuriken no jutsu is a brilliant technique because it removes one handicap of his during battle. I usually skim through discussion and predictions, but I believe nobody predicted the move Shika intended to do with the chakra blades.

Ino's Shinten opens up a lot of possibilities. ^_^ And I didn't notice the staff either until my friend pointed it out. He does a lot of little things like that to me. I don't think anybody predicted that either. It was really surprising!

I have more respect with Kakuzu thanks to this chapter. Hidan really needs to be paired against a foil, and Kakuzu fits. Should have figured that it was Kakuzu who was responsible for bringing Deidara's arms back when he sew Hidan's head (wait, shouldn't it be one arm?).

It's funny that I like Kakuzu, even as a person and not just as a character to further the plot. I do think it's how sensible he is compared to the others, and not so... crazy... well, he's money-hungry, granted that. He's also very unique too in his fighting.

I also think the "victory" will be Naruto's. He finally found a way to combine nature manipulation and form manipulation in 330 so all he has to do is develop the new jutsu itself.

I guess this is all for now :noworry

Yup! I hope so too! And thanks for replying :amuse

by the way, where do we ever get to see this alleged three section staff of chouji's? I can't for the life of me remember where to start looking for it.

It's on his lower back. Try the latest chapter, page 6, and in the bottom panel you should see it on his back.

Who's to say that Yugito's actually dead?

Gaara ain't.

We don't even know if there are any tricks to Yugito. Who knows. I wouldn't close the book on her just yet.

Well, I guess you never know... though Gaara was brought back to life thanks to the Chiyo-baa-sama's jutsu that sacrificed her life... but the Nekomata IS supposed to have powers over the dead. Guess we'll just have to wait and see... but I'm not optimistic anymore, that's for sure.

Great wrap-ups....kekekke
WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *sob* *sob* :wtf.....the fanboy spirit inside me is denying this.....she's gotta be alive.....cats have nine lives don't they....nekomata is the living spirit of vengeance, is it not??? Anyhow, grace me with being alive, pretty please?? *me continues to sulking*
Part 2 in February??? that's long!! New game yaaaaaay, with Part 2 characters too eh??
so we finally get to see Ino's move.... she used it to animals, looks like konoha shinobis are good at tracking eh?
Hmm has Ino been occasionally using that jutsu for 3 days. (they went off konoha the day Akatsuki finished sealing three-tail..and found Kakuzu & Hidan at the day Akatsuki finished sealing two-tail)
Yup, Shika's new move is shweet, those knives are better used in Shika's hand than Naruto's (i think), cuz just like u said, those knives decrease Shika's limitations in using shadow jutsus
still exchanging insults eh? Well like u said Hidan's the one to be picked...kekkekek since he's loudmouth....kekkekek
means 7 days of waiting.....

*hugs* Cheer up... I'm sad too, but the story goes on regardless... :( And you gotta be happy over the news too! Gah, such conflicting emotions!

You know, the timeline has left me feeling a little confused. It feels a bit like it's been on fast forward, yet stopping every other minute or so. But that's a minor detail I suppose- what's done is done. And we've gotten to see a lot of cool things :D Another week to wait, but that's a wait all the worth while at the end.

hidan and kakazu..

it's like jiraiya teamed up with orochi..

they're quite magnificent DUO aren't they..???

Hehe, quite a strange duo, yes! :amuse

bax
November 24, 2006, 12:57 PM
It seems that Shikamaru's tactical head is excellent this time :amuse At least, he got the first part of his strategy works. Yeah, he knows that they can't take on the Akatsuki duo head on, even with Kakashi is with them. I'm a zero in shougi, so I don't know about this "rook piece" thing.

From the trans : Rook = can jump over pieces / being flexible
So, it really suits the first part of the strategy. From the first part alone, he cuts off Hidan's main weapon and able to sperate and stall Hidan and Kakuzu. Now, as long as Hidan doesn't get any blood from them, Hidan is not the main problem here. It's Kakuzu. Except for the tentacles thingie, Kakuzu didn't show us any of his specialty.

weixiaobao
November 24, 2006, 02:04 PM

it supposed to be knight in L shape movement (not fixed straight like rook)

----------------

Anyway, Glad to c u Raine_Joybringer
1st- Is Hidan, one of those characters we just love to hate?
2nd- YIIIIIIIIIIIIKE, Shika awesome, we put down his cigaretts so I guess a lot of people happy
3rd- I wonder why Ino did not just control the bird mind instead of transfer her mind into it?
Oh I just realize that by doing it she can accually see what the bird see.
4th- Good Job. I looking forward for more review from you
5th- Sad no GK's comments this week. Or OP's comments.

bax
November 24, 2006, 02:07 PM
it supposed to be knight in L shape movement (not fixed straight like rook)

I'm speaking of Shougi. And the trans said so. I don't know Japanese, so I'll stick to the trans ;)

weixiaobao
November 24, 2006, 02:11 PM
I'm speaking of Shougi. And the trans said so. I don't know Japanese, so I'll stick to the trans ;)

Wow, now to think of it I dunno Shougi either but I do know about Chinese chess. Are they the same as Shougi?

Gold Knight
November 24, 2006, 03:17 PM
Wonderful article RJ. As I thought, you put me to shame with your writing style. XD You have such a nice way of expressing your thoughts. I wish I had been able to read it sooner, but I was afraid it'd influence my Comments (which are out now too) to the point where it would be pointless to write them. Plus, it's fun to see if we agreed or disagreed on anything afterwards, heh. XD

This was one of my favorite chapters, so I'm glad to be able to read somebody else's thoughts on it, too. You covered some things I didn't either - I didn't know anything really about the games, and I didn't notice the new colors of the characters' uniforms. Leave it to you to see these things, eh?

Looks like we agree that Chouji will be able to enlarge a weapon now, though I didn't have a three-section staff in mind at all. Thanks for mentioning that. I'm not sure Chouji would be able to use that to dismantle Hidan effectively though - well, perhaps he'll be able to whack his head off... I guess that works XD

I was as surprised as you were by Ino's ability to be able to switch minds with animals. I didn't see that one coming at all, but I like it. I think a lot of readers are going to start imagining what it must be like to have Ino's ability, now.

We pretty much agreed on Shikamaru's Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu being a major improvement for him.

Heh, I don't think Hidan is enamoring himself to the rest of the Akatsuki at all, no. No wonder Kakuzu probably tried to kill him several times in the past. But he's useful, and that's what matters to them right now.

Just one suggestion - be careful of the "previews" of the next chapters. They're nearly always misleading - sometimes not, but usually. But often they'll foretell what actually happens two or three chapters later, or invite the reader to be surprised by something else happening contrary to what the preview implied. That's why I've stopped talking about these in my reviews and don't really base my predictions on what they say anymore. XD

Really glad you did this Raine :glomp

Luckas
November 24, 2006, 04:39 PM
I don't know Shougi, but the manga implied Hidan and Kakuzu(sp) are rock and bushop and Shikamaru is knight, which can jump over other pieces.

Raine_Joybringer
November 24, 2006, 05:30 PM
It seems that Shikamaru's tactical head is excellent this time :amuse At least, he got the first part of his strategy works. Yeah, he knows that they can't take on the Akatsuki duo head on, even with Kakashi is with them. I'm a zero in shougi, so I don't know about this "rook piece" thing.

So, it really suits the first part of the strategy. From the first part alone, he cuts off Hidan's main weapon and able to sperate and stall Hidan and Kakuzu. Now, as long as Hidan doesn't get any blood from them, Hidan is not the main problem here. It's Kakuzu. Except for the tentacles thingie, Kakuzu didn't show us any of his specialty.

I used to play a little chess, but to be honest, I'm rather hopeless at it :tem But I do understand what is meant by the flexibility of of the rook though. Being able to work around all situations is very helpful.

Yup! Hidan has been rendered a bit more useless now. Though, we have idea what other skills he has apart from the scythe and ceremony. The way Kishimoto has played it, it almost seems like he's shown that that's all Hidan has got :oh

Kakuzu is still a wild card though. He said he hardened his arm? Now that's pretty freaky! I wonder what else he's hiding.

Anyway, Glad to c u Raine_Joybringer
1st- Is Hidan, one of those characters we just love to hate?
2nd- YIIIIIIIIIIIIKE, Shika awesome, we put down his cigaretts so I guess a lot of people happy
3rd- I wonder why Ino did not just control the bird mind instead of transfer her mind into it?
Oh I just realize that by doing it she can accually see what the bird see.
4th- Good Job. I looking forward for more review from you
5th- Sad no GK's comments this week. Or OP's comments.

Nice to see you too :amuse You know, I quite like Hidan. Not as a person, but as a character he sure is... refreshing I suppose.

I do hope to do more reviews like this :) I'll try my hardest to. Oh, and don't count GK out, his comments are up too! They pwn mine, so go take a look.

Wonderful article RJ. As I thought, you put me to shame with your writing style. XD You have such a nice way of expressing your thoughts. I wish I had been able to read it sooner, but I was afraid it'd influence my Comments (which are out now too) to the point where it would be pointless to write them. Plus, it's fun to see if we agreed or disagreed on anything afterwards, heh. XD

:sweat Hehe, you know that's okay... but you know that I could never match the amount of thought and care put into yours :darn I'll get to reading your comments soon though.

This was one of my favorite chapters, so I'm glad to be able to read somebody else's thoughts on it, too. You covered some things I didn't either - I didn't know anything really about the games, and I didn't notice the new colors of the characters' uniforms. Leave it to you to see these things, eh?

One of my more favourite chapters too. And one without a glimpse of Naruto for once either! Quite different really, but nice for a change. And of course you could count on me to notice colours XD I'm too obsessed with cosplay for my own good...

Looks like we agree that Chouji will be able to enlarge a weapon now, though I didn't have a three-section staff in mind at all. Thanks for mentioning that. I'm not sure Chouji would be able to use that to dismantle Hidan effectively though - well, perhaps he'll be able to whack his head off... I guess that works XD

I was as surprised as you were by Ino's ability to be able to switch minds with animals. I didn't see that one coming at all, but I like it. I think a lot of readers are going to start imagining what it must be like to have Ino's ability, now.

We pretty much agreed on Shikamaru's Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu being a major improvement for him.

I'm thinking he'd just be able to squash Hidan flat like a pancake. Lol, comical. And I can see Ino's ability spawning a few strange fanfictions, I'm sure :blink I can't wait to see what else Shikamaru has come up with either!

Heh, I don't think Hidan is enamoring himself to the rest of the Akatsuki at all, no. No wonder Kakuzu probably tried to kill him several times in the past. But he's useful, and that's what matters to them right now.

Unfortunate for Kakuzu, yeah XD I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Just one suggestion - be careful of the "previews" of the next chapters. They're nearly always misleading - sometimes not, but usually. But often they'll foretell what actually happens two or three chapters later, or invite the reader to be surprised by something else happening contrary to what the preview implied. That's why I've stopped talking about these in my reviews and don't really base my predictions on what they say anymore. XD

Really glad you did this Raine :glomp

Hm, yeah, I know :darn Though by the looks of the last few chapters, there's gotta be some form of winning coming out of all this. Who and what though, is still a mystery. Let's just hope it's the good guys.

^_^ Glad you enjoyed it!

SilveryShadows
November 24, 2006, 07:58 PM
This is a HUGE development for Shikamaru because, in a way, this means that he no longer has to rely so much on other people while he keeps someone at bay. Wow.
InoShikaCho is slowly becoming more independent of themselves? From what you said, Shikamaru now don't have to rely so much on Ino and Chouji because he can attack with his enemies pinned. Chouji can extend parts of his body, and actually knowing where to aim, instead of depending on his enemy to stay still (pinned by Kagemane no Jutsu).. If Ino can control people without needing someone to look after her body, then it can also contribute to my point.
They are growing up. Not apart, but perhaps the independence can help them work better with each other?

Maybe Kakuzu isn't completely bound to his shadow.. His arms are extended by thread or whatever it is. Maybe it can bypass the bounding...

A way of reconnecting Yugito back to the story is if anyone ever come in contact with the Akatsuki layer and sees her and recognize her. Seems farfetched though.

Shougi. A frame of the Shougi board. Shikamaru finally has them captured. Just a matter of who. (If Shougi works the same way as Chess, then he can only take one person out. Pretty sure it'll be Hidan..)

Enjoyed reading your review. Reading reviews is always fun. ^^

white silver
November 25, 2006, 05:25 AM
[b][font=verdana][size=1]A nice alternative to [color=red]GK's commentary. It would've been good with the pictures, but then again, all we want is the commentary itself. Nice job Raine_Joybringer.

As for Yugito, it's really quite sad that we did not get to know her character. Maybe, just maybe Naruto and the others will visit her country, find her background and there would be *flashbacks* etc. Of course this is just speculation, but I don't see any other way to know more information about Yugito.

And so the Akatsuki is down to 3 MORE Bijuus. I'm guessing Naruto would be the "equal" standoff against the all 8 Bijuus once the Akatsuki manages to capture all of them. I'm think that 9-tails is very necessarily needed when dealing with that type of problem. Will Kishimoto change characteristics as opposed to re-using the bijuu's nature? The Sanbi (turtle) was supposed to be a Shark. As many people would think that the Hachibi or the 8-tailed Snake will come into play, I'm thinking another animal would take it's place!

Anyways, great comments and you should rate your chapter. But after viewing your comments, the rating must be high!

I'll be looking for any future comments anytime soon!

Raine_Joybringer
November 27, 2006, 08:03 AM
InoShikaCho is slowly becoming more independent of themselves? From what you said, Shikamaru now don't have to rely so much on Ino and Chouji because he can attack with his enemies pinned. Chouji can extend parts of his body, and actually knowing where to aim, instead of depending on his enemy to stay still (pinned by Kagemane no Jutsu).. If Ino can control people without needing someone to look after her body, then it can also contribute to my point.
They are growing up. Not apart, but perhaps the independence can help them work better with each other?

That's quite an interesting way of putting it :) By growing as individuals, it may really be possible for them to work together stronger. Although the reliance upon each other was good, it also hindered the amount of ways they were able to work. By being more independant of each other, they have more movement. :D

Maybe Kakuzu isn't completely bound to his shadow.. His arms are extended by thread or whatever it is. Maybe it can bypass the bounding...

Perhaps... D: I hope not though!

A way of reconnecting Yugito back to the story is if anyone ever come in contact with the Akatsuki layer and sees her and recognize her. Seems farfetched though.

Yeah :/ Yugito has no connections by the looks of it, so there's little chance anyone would be coming after her, even before.

Shougi. A frame of the Shougi board. Shikamaru finally has them captured. Just a matter of who. (If Shougi works the same way as Chess, then he can only take one person out. Pretty sure it'll be Hidan..)

I think so too. Shikamaru still has that feeling of revenge to get rid of, so he'll probably go after him first.

Enjoyed reading your review. Reading reviews is always fun. ^^

[b][font=verdana][size=1]A nice alternative to [color=red]GK's commentary. It would've been good with the pictures, but then again, all we want is the commentary itself. Nice job Raine_Joybringer.

As for Yugito, it's really quite sad that we did not get to know her character. Maybe, just maybe Naruto and the others will visit her country, find her background and there would be *flashbacks* etc. Of course this is just speculation, but I don't see any other way to know more information about Yugito.

:) Maybe next time I'll be able to organise some pictures, though it's usually time that gets me... and laziness...

I would have LOVED to have seen some of Yugito's past and how she was able to cope as opposed to how Naruto and Gaara did. It doesn't seem fair that we don't know anything about her, yet she's so central to the Akatsuki's plan.

And so the Akatsuki is down to 3 MORE Bijuus. I'm guessing Naruto would be the "equal" standoff against the all 8 Bijuus once the Akatsuki manages to capture all of them. I'm think that 9-tails is very necessarily needed when dealing with that type of problem. Will Kishimoto change characteristics as opposed to re-using the bijuu's nature? The Sanbi (turtle) was supposed to be a Shark. As many people would think that the Hachibi or the 8-tailed Snake will come into play, I'm thinking another animal would take it's place!

You know, some people have speculated that the Hachibi is going to be a dragon. That'd sure be an interesting one. :D

Anyways, great comments and you should rate your chapter. But after viewing your comments, the rating must be high!

I'll be looking for any future comments anytime soon!

^_^; Maybe I could rate the chapters, but knowing me, I'd probably give all the chapters 5/5 XD