PDA

View Full Version : Archived The end of Mangahelpers.....

sindergi
June 15, 2010, 04:54 AM
Hi...

what i meant with this thread-title is that i have the feeling that there are fewer and fewer post, threads and activities here on MH. And i know this is spring/summer and thats normal that people are not using the computer as much as in the winter.
But i had this feeling already during the last winter......

Maybe this just my subjective feeling....is there somewhere a statistic about the post/threads for the last month in comparison to the last years ?

Akiyama
June 15, 2010, 06:51 AM
This reminds me of study where I went around tracking how many posts have been made over the years. All because I was interested in how long it took to reach ### posts. A former admin made this chart.
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/Misc/mhincrease.png
After Kodansha was entirely removed from this site in September, it had no effect on the number of posts being made in the forum. After the resent development I don't mind all the lechers going away, the dedicated members will stay. The forum looks like it's going to be around for a long time.

FYI, your post was 1,949,634 that means we are only 50,000 posts away from 2,000,000! :nuts

blai
June 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
I've seen Akiyamas chart earlier and remember it. No, I don't think MH is dying, and I don't think it's a decrease of activity. Not overall, but maybe some discussions are more active than others from time to time. I, for example, noticed a change of activity in the GC from last spring, to autumn, and now another change from last autumn to this summer; same thing in some of the Shoujo and Otaku sections.

Then again, some of the posts might be from the "Meet the xxxxx" threads *smiles slyly*

LadyHatake
June 17, 2010, 11:23 PM
Trends tend to change, and remember: it's not spring/summer everywhere :) In any case, I agree with Akiyama that dedicated members will stay, no matter what. A forum like this can be very transitory to begin with; people come and people go for the most part, and very few stay on for long before losing interest and whatnot. When MH first started out it was actually a very small community, and in some ways I found that to be better, simply because it felt so much more close-knit than how it is now. There's very few people still around and active from when I first joined years ago. And as Blai said, certain areas fluctuate in activity levels, both up and down. You see it in some series boards; when there's a slow arc discussion slows, and then when a series heats back up then so do the posts.

Never fear, MH will be here as long as there is manga to discuss in one way or another :)

~FrienD~
June 17, 2010, 11:59 PM
dude its because of the school season blame it on the schools lol

thornofcarrion
June 18, 2010, 02:46 AM
The ones who are here to discuss and have fun, will mostly stay. We will have a better idea after few weeks.

benelori
June 18, 2010, 06:14 AM
I don't know if I'm adding much to the discussion, but there's been a slight decrease in the manga discussion threads, and I don't know what's the cause of that...
But as many of U said trends change, and that depends on what topics are hot at the moment, so world events, and the development of the manga, especially the story have great influence

I think I can be considered a faithful member, until I reach 10k posts :D

lesengir
June 28, 2010, 08:11 PM
The community it's strong, Don't worry just enjoy what you have right now

naruto91
June 30, 2010, 04:38 AM
I read somewhere that you closed. Are you going to close this community? Are you going to continue posting spoilers? And why was mh always offline these days?

Merged~

DLord.Van.Buuren
June 30, 2010, 06:57 AM
I read somewhere that you closed. Are you going to close this community? Are you going to continue posting spoilers? And why was mh always offline these days?

the spoilers are up , and from my understanding only the raws and scans were off .

Charlie
June 30, 2010, 08:42 PM

If I remember correctly, those were technical issues, as you can see yourself, the site is working fine.

For the site related news, please read these official news/posts.

http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/376
http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/378

M3J
July 01, 2010, 09:58 PM
Naruto Spoiler Discussion... had over 10 pages of spoiler discussion (I have forty posts per page setting), which amounts to 400 posts, in less than a day.
MH is not ending any time soon.
Since the release of chapter, it gained about 10 more pages.

Googlez_kun
July 04, 2010, 06:24 PM
This reminds me of study where I went around tracking how many posts have been made over the years. All because I was interested in how long it took to reach ### posts. A former admin made this chart.
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/Misc/mhincrease.png
After Kodansha was entirely removed from this site in September, it had no effect on the number of posts being made in the forum. After the resent development I don't mind all the lechers going away, the dedicated members will stay. The forum looks like it's going to be around for a long time.

FYI, your post was 1,949,634 that means we are only 50,000 posts away from 2,000,000! :nuts
Are the posts from the Fun Forum included?

Bugzee
July 04, 2010, 06:26 PM
^ Probably not. :(

The FF is one of the most active sections of MH. It deserves more credit and recognition. :D

Akiyama
July 04, 2010, 10:39 PM
Fun Forum and that Naruto Playground posts were included. just because they don't add to your total doesn't mean they aren't posts. :p

Since I made my post with the chart in June, during those 3 weeks 20,000 posts were made, not bad MH, not bad at all. :cool:

Bugzee
July 05, 2010, 06:05 PM
That's cool. I still think the FF deserves more recognition though. :(

Googlez_kun
July 05, 2010, 06:07 PM
Yeah,it does,even though it's a rather weird corner of MH:XD

Bugzee
July 05, 2010, 06:12 PM
What makes you think that it's a "weird corner of MH"? :blink

I see a lot of similarities with the FF and the GiT section; the main difference is that in one section your posts count and in the other they don't. :XD

But seriously, the fun forum is an awesome section of MH. Get to know new members and make new friends, share some jokes and laughs, get to know each other, help each other out in a variety of ways (even with RL situations/problems) and the list goes on. Anyway, I'm satisfied with the way it is now but there's no harm in showing the FF some more love via the shout out's or something.

The Minority Rule game could get some much needed attention more than anything atm imho. :p

Googlez_kun
July 05, 2010, 06:15 PM
What makes you think it's a "weird corner of MH"? :blink

I see a lot of similarities with the FF and the GiT section; the main difference is that in one section your posts count and in the other they don't. :XD

But seriously, the fun forum is an awesome section of MH. Get to know new members and make new friends, share some jokes and laughs, get to know each other, help each other out in a variety of ways (even with RL situations/problems) and the list goes on. Anyway, I'm satisfied with the way it is now but there's no harm in showing the FF some more love via the shout out's or something.

The Minority Rule game could get some much needed attention more than anything atm imho. :p

Same here.I can only recommend it,even though you just have to have a little knack for weirdos:XD

Apart of that,considering that the posts from the FF count,i don't think MH will die anytime soon.Just looking at the posts from this section make MH look lively for me.I don't know that from other sites tbh.