PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 590 Discussion / 591 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2

igotthegoods
June 23, 2010, 06:23 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1959271#post1959271) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks :)

Chapter is out !!! (http://www.mangastream.com/)

Lyn685
June 29, 2010, 11:35 PM
Wow, Garp gets it really bad from Dadan doesn't he?

Mr. Crocodile
June 29, 2010, 11:36 PM
Holy crap..Dadan is crazy mad after what happened to Ace!!!

darklide
June 29, 2010, 11:37 PM
I can understand dadan i guess.
hmmm another thing. Only two weeks have passed. Does that mean that marine ships can make it from MHQ to east blue in that amount of time?

BlackHair
June 29, 2010, 11:44 PM
Garp and Dadan, finally I was waiting for sth like that. War effects.. Wondering how the Major and "the forget her name" lady reacts to Garp. Hopefully we will see WB pirates.

Also cover page Jinbei and Mihawk.. I guess Shanks and Buggy were still the best xD

infiernonegro
June 29, 2010, 11:57 PM
so garp and dadan are brother and sister.

Andonan
June 29, 2010, 11:58 PM
This chapter is going to be really good. I want to know how Garp is going to justify the death of his son not only to Dadan but to himself. Last we saw was him saying he was going to kill Akainu that clearly didn't happen so I want to know why he didn't go through with it. Sengoku couldn't have been holding him down the entire time.....

k-dom
June 29, 2010, 11:58 PM
Oda is still teasing up a little it seems we only see aftermath of the war. Let's if it contains any revelation

BlackHair
June 30, 2010, 12:02 AM
Damnit, need a fukking translation. Everything I was asking for the past dumbass flashback waste of chapters, is happening now xD Best chapter in a awhile, for sure.

Sengoku couldn't have been holding him down the entire time.....At some point Garp just accepted Ace death. I think it was around the last page of Ace's last chapter, the panel with Garp's tears. I mean even at the war, he wasn't focused anymore on Akainu, since BB and Shanks.

undertoe
Ignore infiernonegro for now... We haven't seen anything to indicate that relation as far as I know.

Looks like we'll see the funeral(s) this chapter, too, as well as an update on Shanks.

Zojo
Cool to see Jozu alive. I was worried about the guy.

infiernonegro
June 30, 2010, 12:10 AM
What??

i'm just guessing by the title of this chapter.

zerocooldx
June 30, 2010, 12:18 AM
Hmm not too much of Luffy in this chapter it seems.

BlackHair
June 30, 2010, 12:24 AM
i'm just guessing by the title of this chapter.I guess it is referred to Luffy.

Hmm not too much of Luffy in this chapter it seems.Im actually relieved 'cause of that.

k-dom
June 30, 2010, 12:25 AM
Yes a transition chapter with everyone 'don't give up lufffy' not that much interesting so far honestly

BlackHair
June 30, 2010, 12:31 AM
Well if you put it that way, then I kinda agree with you. Still I happy to see other faces than Luffy. And I was actually waiting for the reactions of Dadan, Makino and the Majore. Furthermore Oda gave us also the funeral. Im actually quite pleased with the chapter. I mean after that flashback torture.

Shishi-Inu
i'm just guessing by the title of this chapter.

The title is "Younger Brother". It's referencing Luffy as the younger brother of Ace and how all these characters are thinking of him as such.

jiminy
I can understand dadan i guess.
hmmm another thing. Only two weeks have passed. Does that mean that marine ships can make it from MHQ to east blue in that amount of time?

The Marine ship probably just did a short cut through the calm belts to get to East Blue from the grand line.

This looks like a good chapter to me, I hope they touch a little on Luffy and what he is going to be doing soon. Seems like they dont know that Hancock is aiding Luffy. Or they dont want let anyone outside of the marines to know that.

undertoe
June 30, 2010, 01:20 AM
YES!!!! STRAW HAT REUNION IS COMING SOOOON! REJOICE!!!

Poneglyph420
June 30, 2010, 01:28 AM
That was it!!!!!! Wow! This chapter brings us back in true form...
The best chapter for some time. Awesome to now see Garp and Dadan interact.. (thank you flashback) And even more glad to see Dadan bitch out Garp for his inaction in the war... So relieved to see it.

And the return of the SH in clear sight, at least as the next objective at least.
Sweetness!

Spiderman2099
June 30, 2010, 01:51 AM
Kinda feels weird to hear Luffy angsting... I wonder how the straw hats will return though?

c0nflikt
June 30, 2010, 02:00 AM
I love these chapters where we get other characters impressions, and shanks yay! A little croc and I'll be like a little schoolgirl.

Xerous
June 30, 2010, 02:54 AM
i like it when Luffy was counting his crew on his fingers:D

anaskr
June 30, 2010, 03:02 AM
felt great again to see luffy start with his crew names again zoroooooooo :) ending with brook !!

Shiro-kun
June 30, 2010, 03:17 AM
Didnt just seeing a panel of them make you happy?
it sure made me happy :)

The Dadan and Garp talk was touching too

Muhbaer
June 30, 2010, 03:26 AM
I loved the "who the fuck are you?" - "nonono that's too rude" - "what about who the heck are you?" - "who the heck are you?" xD
I was relieved that Dadan stood up against Garp. He'll have to oppose what he's done or not done.
I think Luffy's body will be shreddered by enemies time and time again to save his crew. And in the end he'll die being the pirate king.
I wonder when he'll meet Dragon. Or does he have his base in the new world?

ulamukuk
June 30, 2010, 03:39 AM
man this is refreshing...though its still a transitional chapter i just can't help loving the fact that luffy is somehow back!!!!yea baby fishman island!!!

c0nflikt
June 30, 2010, 03:44 AM
My motherfuckin crew, yes!!

mlinko
June 30, 2010, 03:53 AM
My motherfuckin crew, yes!!

I think that in the end of manga the mugiwaras will be able to annihilate the whole marineford by themselves.

patz
June 30, 2010, 04:13 AM
I wonder how everyone will react when they see Sanji in current state.

Lyn685
June 30, 2010, 04:49 AM
Luffys anger kind of reminds me of Ace.
Could it be that he really took over some parts of Aces personality?

sarutobi_sensei
June 30, 2010, 05:09 AM
Last pic of Ace reminds me of Roger. The way he smiled without his face being seen.

Luffy bites Jinbei XD

So we can begin to imagine that on the next weeks he is going to Shabondy? Nice :D

Can't wait to meet them again.

Also, Dadan was so pissed of at Garp, she beat him, and well, she has reasons to be pissed off, and her supporting Luffy is so good. I want Luffy and her to meet again soon.

But I want the nakama's sooner.

Lord Rayleigh
June 30, 2010, 05:35 AM
You were right, bittman : Luffy and Jinbei fought. Not the way and in the island you think, but they did.

So Garp behaves on his own - in fact like a pirate - and claims that Fushia Town is under his protection. That means we will probably not see Garp with Marines from MHQ. Sengoku and Garp's jokes have ended up :crying

That chapter was good, dealing with the funerals, Dadan's reactions, and Luffy's grief. The SH crew is on his way back to shine ! I wonder if we'll see with their appearance that they got stronger. I'm still not sure we will see them in the next chapter. If we'll do, I bet it will be on the last page.

LeDuck
June 30, 2010, 05:59 AM
That chapter was good, dealing with the funerals, Dadan's reactions, and Luffy's grief. The SH crew is on his way back to shine ! I wonder if we'll see with their appearance that they got stronger. I'm still not sure we will see them in the next chapter. If we'll do, I bet it will be on the last page.

I think the first Strawhat will arrive in the next chapter at Shabondy, but we will only see a glimpse / some kind of a shadow, because they are going to look awesome :>

THM Nindo
June 30, 2010, 06:36 AM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, the crew will get back!

I'm so glad right now!
The time has come to see the Strawhat crew again!! :tem

DLord.Van.Buuren
June 30, 2010, 07:02 AM

I'm so glad right now!

whats interesting is that they set a meeting point , meaning that they actually counted the possibility of that scenario which happend .

PH3000
June 30, 2010, 07:11 AM
whats interesting is that they set a meeting point , meaning that they actually counted the possibility of that scenario which happend .

Don't you think it's just referring to rayleighs vivre card? When they landed on their separate islands, they first were down, then found the vivrecard and got happy about it.
What they planned was the possibility of going separate ways on sabahody to escape kizaru. It was kind of fate rayleigh didn't know which grove he would end in and gave them all a part of his vivrecard.
In my opinion it was unpredictable. Their escape, their capture, even their deaths were possibly calculated but not what kuma did.

Bugzee
June 30, 2010, 07:13 AM
I'm really looking forward to reading this chapter! :D

Shanks & co have done an awesome job with Ace & WB's funeral. Just look at those tombstones. Arrgh. :crying I didn't think Garp would be returning back to Goa so soon tbh. Anyway, I'm glad we got Dadan & co's reaction to the war and all. haha Luffy biting Jinbei! XD!!!! Look at Jinbei's facial expression!

I want to see more of Rayleigh now dammit.

anaskr
June 30, 2010, 07:22 AM
and i bet zoro being the strongest on the way back home :) , that guy will be faster then those guys who use soru !! way to go zoro :D !!

and luffy will learn haki and that wont be shown as to how he did it, it will just be luffy and his own secret, and will reveal it by saying i just noticed this TOO MANY TIMES NOW :) and finally figured it out... oh it was me !!

sanji will get back to his love cook thing once he sees those two hot gals in the ship again and will cry lol and yeah will learn some new combat style

franky my god will be as strong as kuma :D when it comes to his body !! and will see some changes in to the thousand sunny

chopper will have more experience and will be a lil bit more stronger..

usopp will be fat like hircules but will have enough stamina to out run those strawhats at time of escape :P ... and more braver than before

brook well i dont think i will find any difference in him

robin didn learn anything too

well guess what and the strawhats are back with a bang :D wohoooooooooo ODA Rocks

bittman
June 30, 2010, 07:42 AM
You were right, bittman : Luffy and Jinbei fought. Not the way and in the island you think, but they did.

Forgot that was in my signature. I need to update that to start the theory that Dadan is Roger's mother or something =P

But, well, it ain't fishman island yet. So shock theory is still only like 25% credible.

On the chapter though: looks good as far as I can tell. Sure, a transition chapter, but the transition gave us insight into more than just Luffy, Luffy and then Luffy. Interested to see the Shanks / Marco interaction at, what appears to be, the wake for WB and Ace.

Actually my next crazy theory will probably be about St Jalmack...

chess4
June 30, 2010, 08:27 AM
Ha, i was right for once in the fact that we would get some wrap up chapters. good to see all the pirates of both crews paying respects to ace and the monster whitebeard.

i pretty sure we will see all the other participants in the war as well. i wonder if buggy and croc are at WB's funeral

elitefox
June 30, 2010, 08:47 AM
lol you forgot nami

I think robin will power up at the revolutionary instead of the prison or so I assume.
how bout weapons for robin :D

brook may have improve in fighting with songs

battle songs perhaps
improve power stamina of the crew, a support one.

I hope usop becomes big but fast, and a larger kabuto

BB's team is full of giants and ...

horay for Garp and Shanks lol, really are the old cool guys

DARK
June 30, 2010, 09:07 AM

I'm so glad right now!

To think that is going to happen soon, considering that Luffy and Jimbei don't even know where the Straw Hat Pirates are. Even then, Chopper, Nami, and Robin aren't even on the Grand Line.

chess4
June 30, 2010, 09:18 AM
glad to see jozu is alive...............the WB pirates will definitely be seen again, i mean we didnt get a formal introduction for all the commanders.

im looking forward to see shanks and his crew go all out, but anyway glad jinbei talked some sense into luffy. i think jinbei has forfilled his role. i think he will not be joining luffy's crew, plus he just threw luffy aside like he was nothing. jinbei is still a powerhouse and he is a sage type of character. looks like we will see the hats in a bit

SenninSage
June 30, 2010, 09:27 AM
Man, what a fantastic chapter. Truly incredible stuff. I never expected to see Garp return to Luffy's hometown and declare it under his protection. I also didn't expect for him to run into Dadan, either.

Finally Luffy is beginning to come around. I can't wait to see the emotional reaction towards Luffy after the loss of Ace. Shank's and Sengoku have such deep respect for one another. I'm very eager to find out what the history is like between the two.

THM Nindo
June 30, 2010, 09:42 AM
To think that is going to happen soon, considering that Luffy and Jimbei don't even know where the Straw Hat Pirates are. Even then, Chopper, Nami, and Robin aren't even on the Grand Line.

I wonder if Oda will bother to show what happened to every one of them...
or if he will leave that to the filler guys for the anime (from what I heard, they are already showing some of those stuff).

Maybe Luffy will go to the archipelago and they will all be there waiting for him already!! :tem
I wonder if they heard about him and about what he did (Impel Down, Ace's execution, etc).

I wish I could see everyone's face when they heard about it! :tem

Schabrak
June 30, 2010, 09:45 AM
glad to see jozu is alive...............the WB pirates will definitely be seen again, i mean we didnt get a formal introduction for all the commanders.
But Odacci did post all their names in the latest SBS, as it would take to much time to introduce all of them in one go, waste to much space imo.

He has finally drawn all of them in one chapter again! Hallelujah! Luffy doesn't need to know where they are, as all of them know the destination, where they have to go, to meet everybody again too. I just hope that wasn't just another teaser.-_- Any more of those cover pics and I will send a hate letter myself. :)

Shanks respect to Sengoku can be based on their long active time. They knew each other since he was an appreantice on Rogers ship, as Sengoku must have confronted Roger at some or another time too. From all the scenes shown, he seems to be a very diciplined and rightfull person. Just look at how angry he got after the war about the orders from higher up.

Garp must be heartbroken too, but can't show his feeling in such a vulnerable time with pirates going wild all around the world. At least he has shown one sad face :(, when Dadan gave him some good clubbing.

Bertosch
June 30, 2010, 09:51 AM
This might be one of the best chapters in the last weeks/months... Garp, Shanks, Ace ... these are my favourite characters besides some of the strawhats ;) I am really eager to see the reunion and the moment the mugiwaras crying about Ace and the next moment partying about the gather around :D

Negative Syndicate
June 30, 2010, 09:59 AM
It looks like Luffy finally moves to search the crewmates. I hope they get back as soon as possible. I really miss them.

Mr. Crocodile
June 30, 2010, 10:01 AM
What if the whole Shabaondy Archipelago was destroyed by the tsunami caused by BB and Rayleigh went somewhere else..I'm thinking FI and all the strawhats have to somehow find their way there, that could be interesting and the story could progress a little faster. Each one of them could hitch a ride on a coated ship.

chess4
June 30, 2010, 10:11 AM
But Odacci did post all their names in the latest SBS, as it would take to much time to introduce all of them in one go, waste to much space imo.
He has finally drawn all of them in one chapter again! Hallelujah! Luffy doesn't need to know where they are, as all of them know the destination, where they have to go, to meet everybody again too. I just hope that wasn't just another teaser.-_- Any more of those cover pics and I will send a hate letter myself. :)

Shanks respect to Sengoku can be based on their long active time. They knew each other since he was an appreantice on Rogers ship, as Sengoku must have confronted Roger at some or another time too. From all the scenes shown, he seems to be a very diciplined and rightfull person. Just look at how angry he got after the war about the orders from higher up.

Garp must be heartbroken too, but can't show his feeling in such a vulnerable time with pirates going wild all around the world. At least he has shown one sad face :(, when Dadan gave him some good clubbing.

he also said in the new SBS that he would eventually show more of marco's power when answering whats the difference between ace and marco's power question. thats kind of a hint that we will definitely see the WB's again.

Evec
June 30, 2010, 10:12 AM
Garp can't possible stay on Fushia Town permanently to protect it, he still has his duties as a Vice Admiral. Hopefully he'll leave Coby to protect the town. This way not only can he protect but also train with Dadan

Bertosch
June 30, 2010, 10:36 AM
Garp can't possible stay on Fushia Town permanently to protect it, he still has his duties as a Vice Admiral. Hopefully he'll leave Coby to protect the town. This way not only can he protect but also train with Dadan

I guess that is not like it works... Everyone knows Garp so when they see his sign they know it would be better for them to keep their fingers where they belong...

Rikudou Sennin
June 30, 2010, 11:08 AM
Holy cow!

Dadan is pretty mad.

Great to see.

Garp that idiot could have prevent this senseless war.

BlackHair
June 30, 2010, 11:25 AM
Garp that idiot could have prevent this senseless war.How?

Honestly Ace should be labeled as the idiot. If he didn't failed to listen his captains orders twice, he would be still alive and the war wouldn't even have happened in the first place.

JC123
June 30, 2010, 11:40 AM
I wonder if Oda will bother to show what happened to every one of them...
or if he will leave that to the filler guys for the anime (from what I heard, they are already showing some of those stuff).

Maybe Luffy will go to the archipelago and they will all be there waiting for him already!! :tem
I wonder if they heard about him and about what he did (Impel Down, Ace's execution, etc).

I wish I could see everyone's face when they heard about it! :tem

He did show them. It was in the cover arcs. I'm sure that he'll probably have those added in the anime.

If you're talking about getting them all back together, I believe we'll probably see a few of them fighting side by side to get back.

However, I'm really, really, REALLY worried about Sanji...

If he didn't failed to listen his captains orders twice, he would be still alive and the war wouldn't even have happened in the first place.

The war wouldn't have happened, but Luffy would have been on the chopping block, not Ace.

BlackHair
June 30, 2010, 11:49 AM
The war wouldn't have happened, but Luffy would have been on the chopping block, not Ace.WB's order was to retreat. Everyone was running. But dumbass Ace lets himself taunted by Akainu and attacks him instead of running. Even though everyone around him is advising him to run.

Luffy being attacked by Akainu was Ace's fault. Luffy wouldn't have stopped running, if he Ace didn't had.

Josl
June 30, 2010, 12:00 PM
WB's order was to retreat. Everyone was running. But dumbass Ace lets himself taunted by Akainu and attacks him instead of running. Even though everyone around him is advising him to run.

Luffy being attacked by Akainu was Ace's fault. Luffy wouldn't have stopped running, if he Ace didn't had.

Jinbei run the whole time and still got magmafisted. Retreating isn't so easy when some psycho wants you dead. And after all what we have learned in this flashback are you really expecting Ace to run away while his crew gets slaughtered before his eyes
Would you expect Luffy to run while his crewmates get slaughterd?

panasit
June 30, 2010, 12:02 PM
It doesn't matter what happened or whose fault it is. Live with no regret. The flashback did explain why Ace did not run. There are people behind him he's protecting.
Make no mistake, Akainu will kill them all if they try to get away. Probably blow up their ship. Although Ace dying didn't really stop him until Shank arrive, but his heart was in the right place.

Epic chapter for both One Piece and Naruto, that two week with only one of each felt like months. lol.

DARK
June 30, 2010, 12:13 PM
How?
Honestly Ace should be labeled as the idiot. If he didn't failed to listen his captains orders twice, he would be still alive and the war wouldn't even have happened in the first place.

Ace chose to take revenge for Whitebeard's sake, and Garp chose to stay on the sidelines in fear of losing his position as Vice Admiral. Neither of them should be labeled as idiots.
I'm sure that both Ace and Garp were conflicted by their bonds. Ace chose to comply with the bonds he had for his fellow crewmates, while Garp was barely able to keep his composure.
Remember this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/06/)?

Josl
June 30, 2010, 12:30 PM
Ace chose to take revenge for Whitebeard's sake, and Garp chose to stay on the sidelines in fear of losing his position as Vice Admiral. Neither of them should be labeled as idiots.
I'm sure that both Ace and Garp were conflicted by their bonds. Ace chose to comply with the bonds he had for his fellow crewmates, while Garp was barely able to keep his composure.
Remember this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/06/)?

I have a differnt opinion. Garp lost all my respect during the war. Every D we have met so far follows his conscious and does whatever he wants. Why the hell is his position so important to him? We have lerned that position isn't so important for him. He refused to be promoted because the position of vice adrimal is enough for him to do what he wants. If he wants to protect people he could have choosen to become a pirate or just a wanted man who helps people if he dislikes the title of pirate. Look at Jaguar D. Saul. He did the right think. But Garp didn't only do NOTHING to stop the execution he even STOPED Marco. So in fact he HELPED them kill Ace. He allways looked like a man who would choose family over anything else but he isn't. He isn't even a real D.

Uriel
June 30, 2010, 12:39 PM
I have a differnt opinion. Garp lost all my respect during the war. Every D we have met so far follows his conscious and does whatever he wants. Why the hell is his position so important to him? We have lerned that position isn't so important for him. He refused to be promoted because the position of vice adrimal is enough for him to do what he wants. If he wants to protect people he could have choosen to become a pirate or just a wanted man who helps people if he dislikes the title of pirate. Look at Jaguar D. Saul. He did the right think. But Garp didn't only do NOTHING to stop the execution he even STOPED Marco. So in fact he HELPED them kill Ace. He allways looked like a man who would choose family over anything else but he isn't. He isn't even a real D.
You don't know why and the real reasons of the behavior or Garp. :/

I think it's rush saying NOW (War so close) the motivations of each person.

mr.danly
June 30, 2010, 12:49 PM
THANK GOD. It's about damn time we get to see the crew again.

Josl
June 30, 2010, 12:52 PM
You don't know why and the real reasons of the behavior or Garp. :/

I think it's rush saying NOW (War so close) the motivations of each person.

You are right. I don't know why he behaved like he did. But from my point of view he doesn't protect anyone what at least for me would be the only acceptable apology for his behavior. He doesn't protect his grandson or his son. I mean AFTER the death of Ace when Akainu was hunting Luffy like a mad man did he do something to save Luffy? NO!! He did NOTHING. And for someone who supposedly cares so much for his family this is beyond low. ESPECIALLY for a D.

Schabrak
June 30, 2010, 12:55 PM
He isn't even a real D.
There is no real D, as all of them do whatever they want to and Garp is fulfilling his dream by helping to spread justice around the world. You might forget, that a pirate is a pirate, whatever their reasons and doings are, they are to be stopped, as "good" and "bad" ones sail around the world, destroy properity, steal money and food, do damage without paying for it.

You don't see what Garp is capable of even now as a marine. He sails around and helps people with his crew. Would he be able to do so alone? Maybe, but not in such a big scale, not without the marines hunting him.-_- He is a hero in the eyes of the public, he raises their morality, he strengthens people around him that way.

Your idea of true D's might be to be rightful and have as much freedom as possible, but everyone has his own reasonings. Garp gives freedom to others, Dragon frees kingdoms of oppresion, Luffy just wants to sail around without being distrubed, Teach achieves his freedom by doing whatever pleases him, even taking the freedom of others.

P.S.: Getting punched by Luffy wasn't helping them?

EDIT:
Garp gave his grandsons the freedom to chose and both did chose to be pirates, his enemies. They gave up their rights to be helped by him. If you train somebody to be a pacifist and he choses to get a weapon and shoot around, you can't resent that teacher not helping that person.

Razh
June 30, 2010, 01:07 PM

How do you think Luffy or Ace would have behaved if they became marines? Luffy has his own law and Garp obeys another law, while acting on his own accord at times, yes. It's probably as important to him as Luffy's dream is to him.
Anyway, as Uriel said, it's not like we had a chance to know real Garp so far.

Josl
June 30, 2010, 01:50 PM
There is no real D, as all of them do whatever they want to and Garp is fulfilling his dream by helping to spread justice around the world. You might forget, that a pirate is a pirate, whatever their reasons and doings are, they are to be stopped, as "good" and "bad" ones sail around the world, destroy properity, steal money and food, do damage without paying for it.

You don't see what Garp is capable of even now as a marine. He sails around and helps people with his crew. Would he be able to do so alone? Maybe, but not in such a big scale, not without the marines hunting him.-_-

Your idea of true D's might be to be rightful and have as much freedom as possible, but everyone has his own reasonings. Garp gives freedom to others, Dragon frees kingdoms of oppresion, Luffy just wants to sail around without being distrubed, Teach achieves his freedom by taking doing whatever pleases him, even taking the freedom of others.

You are right. We don't know how a D is specified. I interpreted them like they do anything they want ragardless of consequences. So I take the D argument back.

P.S.: Getting punched by Luffy wasn't helping them?

First. Leting himself getting hit AFTER jumping in front of someone to stop him isn't really helping anyone. My point stands. He did absolutly nothing to help Luffy or Ace.

My main problem with garp is probably that he acted differntly than I expected him too.
I think what bugs me the most was his whisky whasy attitude. He says things like:"Criminals should not be forgiven but family is differnt" and after Aces death he wants to kill Akainu but he never did what from my point of view he wanted to do.
This is only my opinion and I know many people will disagree with me especially with my next statement.
In my opinion Coby showed more balls during the war than Garp did and this says everthing regarding how low for me Garp has fallen.

Regardless of everything. In my opinion Dadan has every right to be pissed at Garp simply by the fact that he did nothing to help them

BlackHair
June 30, 2010, 01:56 PM
And after all what we have learned in this flashback are you really expecting Ace to run away while his crew gets slaughtered before his eyes
Would you expect Luffy to run while his crewmates get slaughterd?Did u rly read chapter 573? Ace didn't stop to protect his nakama. That situation is not comparable with Luffy and BlueJam. Ace stopped because Akainu talked bad about WB, who was about to sacrifice himself for his crew (starting at Panel 3, also plz pay attention for Ace's facial expression at panel 4) (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/573/11/). Ace let himself get taunted. Ace is simply a brat, who acts on emotion. He has no capabilities to lead a crew, except his strength. Let's face it, his stupid behaviour brought everyone in danger in the first place.

Also on the Garp discussion, it's Ace and Luffy who betrayed Garp's teaching and went against him. Garp was obviously in a dilemma between duty and family. Also imo he didn't chose either of them.

Rikudou Sennin
June 30, 2010, 01:57 PM
Garp could have freed him at imepl down right away.

I think Magelan wouldnt been a match for Garp, even if....Garp could have lied to him.

But he didnt, so he failed too....and he was responsible for ace.

panasit
June 30, 2010, 02:16 PM
I think Garp kept his position in the marine because it has something to do with Dragon. May be he's a spy, or may be he made some sort of a deal. I think that he really did think Whitebeard will successfully rescue Ace.

May be the reason why he wanted Luffy and Ace to become marines was because to protect them. Not because of some admiration he has for government.

I think he makes the same type of deal Kuma did. Whatever that may be. Something is just too important that they must work for the government no matter what.

Josl
June 30, 2010, 02:28 PM
Did u rly read chapter 573? Ace didn't stop to protect his nakama. That situation is not comparable with Luffy and BlueJam. Ace stopped because Akainu talked bad about WB, who was about to sacrifice himself for his crew (starting at Panel 3, also plz pay attention for Ace's facial expression at panel 4) (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/573/11/). Ace let himself get taunted. Ace is simply a brat, who acts on emotion. He has no capabilities to lead a crew, except his strength.
Ok let's say he would have started to run away. What would have happend? His crewmates would have stepped in front of him to protect him. And then? Would he have run away? I don't think so. So it doesn't really matter that he let himself being taunted to fight him.

Ace let himself get taunted. Ace is simply a brat, who acts on emotion. He has no capabilities to lead a crew, except his strength.

This is right but I don't think that Luffy is so much differnt. Luffy acts too mainly after emotions and I think he would have done the same as Ace if Akainu would have taunted Shanks

Let's face it, his stupid behaviour brought everyone in danger in the first place.
From which behaviour are you speaking. If you are talking about going after Bleakbeard than you are wrong. If Ace wouldn't have gone after Blackbeard than Blackbeard would have captured Luffy. Luffy would have been on the execution platform and Ace would have tried to save him but without his crew like Luffy. Shanks may have come so we would have had the same situation like we did in the war. One Yonkou against Marines. Only difference that Shanks and Luffy might have died instad of Whitebeard and Ace

chess4
June 30, 2010, 02:34 PM
I think Garp kept his position in the marine because it has something to do with Dragon. May be he's a spy, or may be he made some sort of a deal. I think that he really did think Whitebeard will successfully rescue Ace.

May be the reason why he wanted Luffy and Ace to become marines was because to protect them. Not because of some admiration he has for government.

I think he makes the same type of deal Kuma did. Whatever that may be. Something is just too important that they must work for the government no matter what.

Garp kept his position for a couple of reason. i think the for 1, the gorousei know that cant fire garp. he has been a marine for years and he knows how they work. also they cannot have another D running around on the loose.

they cant kill him either because garp is so respected that that would not fly with the marines, especially sengoku. sengoku lets garp does what he wants because im sure he and garp have fought side by side in life and death fights alot and are good friends too.

either way i hope buggy and croc are at the funeral. i also hope we get to see what happen to moria next chapter. hell oda might show us kaidou nex chapter and wouldnt that be grand. i hope not yet though. i hope we get a couple of more wrap up chapters 1st

koroneki
June 30, 2010, 02:49 PM
Garp stays at the WG side for a balance. Dragon a revolutionary and Luffy a Pirate. It's a triangle thing. There you might see the Will of the D.

epiczeroxxi
June 30, 2010, 03:09 PM
Why were Garp and Shanks so sure that Luffy would be alive when all the others said that he had around zero percent chance to stay alive?

Ace died because he couldn't control his wrath.Luffy was able to save him from the execution but he wasted his life in order to protect Whitebeard's name.

IF Sanji stays okama I will stop reading the manga.

I don't think Luffy will meet his crewmates without gaining a power up.He may learn using Haki in an extremely fast rate.

Lord Rayleigh
June 30, 2010, 03:13 PM
Why were Garp and Shanks so sure that Luffy would be alive when all the others said that he had around zero percent chance to stay alive?
I would say that Shanks simply believes that he is alive. Pirates have always been following their instinct/faith instead of reason.
About Garp, he explained that the Marine had searched for the flotsam of Law'submarine and that they did not find anything. That's why he deduced Luffy was alive.

Poneglyph420
June 30, 2010, 03:29 PM
Ace died because he couldn't control his wrath.Luffy was able to save him from the execution but he wasted his life in order to protect Whitebeard's name.

I don't think Luffy will meet his crewmates without gaining a power up.He may learn using Haki in an extremely fast rate.

Well not sure Ace's death would be a "waste" from Ace's eyes. He found what he was looking for "Family" and acceptance, that's his treasure. So from Ace's perspective I guess he died honorably. IMO Ace acted bravely and defended what he believed, rather than run (Logically) like a child or women would.. (Especially in "Yamato Damashii" Japanese psychology)

Well I hope you have enjoyed One Piece, since there's a chance you will be done reading it soon. I know how you feel, and it's taken me time to accept that Sanji might end up and Okama...

If One piece becomes a manga where characters "get" "power ups" then I will moan and complain for ages... but wait it won't.

I might be the only one but I think Ace and Garp for that matter acted appropriately and in character.

Black Lagoon
June 30, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'll just say faith ... faith is the subtle chain that binds us to the infinite ... Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.
Shanks believe that Luffy has something that makes him act like his dead captain (Same Will). As for Garp I think he also believes in that "will".

Right now, his crewmates are the only thing important left for him, the only thing he can protect to bear with the burden of his lost.
There's no need for him to master haki right now, it's true that he wanna become stronger, and mastering Haki is the only way for him now to stand a chance against strong Logia users. But first things first.

Bertosch
June 30, 2010, 03:56 PM

Nah that was part of the deal: Lets live our lifes without regrets!

And for the 2nd. I am on your side. This whole okama thingy is not really my sense of humor. Sure Iva is one hell of a character with all this past and so on, but it wont really fit the Sunny!

k-dom
June 30, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hopefully this chapter was not just war aftermath and we see the plot going on. From this chapter I think the time skip and Luffy haki training are less and less likely. Luffy needs his nakama as soon as possible and he is in no mood to learn new power. At least that's my understanding of the chapter.

Thank you Jinbei for giving Luffy his sense back !

c0nflikt
June 30, 2010, 04:05 PM
Did u rly read chapter 573? Ace didn't stop to protect his nakama. That situation is not comparable with Luffy and BlueJam. Ace stopped because Akainu talked bad about WB, who was about to sacrifice himself for his crew (starting at Panel 3, also plz pay attention for Ace's facial expression at panel 4) (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/573/11/). Ace let himself get taunted. Ace is simply a brat, who acts on emotion. He has no capabilities to lead a crew, except his strength. Let's face it, his stupid behaviour brought everyone in danger in the first place.

Also on the Garp discussion, it's Ace and Luffy who betrayed Garp's teaching and went against him. Garp was obviously in a dilemma between duty and family. Also imo he didn't chose either of them.
Wow you really hate Ace huh? To discredit Ace discredits Luffy who wants to be like and surpass him. He's gone now why expend so much energy typing how much he sucked.

Googlez_kun
June 30, 2010, 04:27 PM
I like that the crew is back in the boat....Hope we will see the other mugiwaras in the next chapter.

k-dom
June 30, 2010, 04:36 PM
Yes after such a end, it would be a huge disapointment if we do not see them, even if it is just the last pics.

Black Lagoon
June 30, 2010, 04:37 PM
@ Googlez_kun - I almost forgot their faces (kidding) ... God, it's been a while !!
Now more than anytime before I can't wait to see them again (I wanna see their reactions after what happened)

toussaintac
June 30, 2010, 04:50 PM
Does anybody think Kuma sent them off in these directions on purpose. Did he know something? Is he still working under Dragon even though he's believed to be working for World Government?

deprince69
June 30, 2010, 04:52 PM

they were sure because they didn't spot the sub marine after the war, i mean its not like the admirals were aiming all their hits on luffy lol

since luffy is going to meet his crew means that they are already there, meaning we won't get any side story of how the other members made it back which means they will start adventure as soon as possible!!!!

sarutobi_sensei
June 30, 2010, 04:53 PM
So next week he embarks to Shabondy Archipelago. Damn I can't wait.

Dadan's reaction was really well given.

And Jinbei's expression when he was bitten xD

Also he gives a nice pain adviser xD He made Luffy wake up.

Lord Rayleigh
June 30, 2010, 05:11 PM
So, after Ace's death, Dadan went to Makino's bar and had been drinking until Garp came to Fushia Town.

PH3000
June 30, 2010, 05:16 PM
Chapter's out on mangastream.

Truly great chapter, i love every single page:) Everyone cares for luffy and the day we see all strawhats together draws near;)

SuperShuter
June 30, 2010, 05:21 PM
What a Chapter, how he managed to draw 3 complete different emotional scenes in 1 chapter is good. I know many people thought for how long the flashback went on for it was quite basic stuff, but how much more of an impact it had with this chapter shows how simply genius Oda is. Without Oda even explaning through ace, these chapters shown how much luffy changed in following Ace out of his lonelyness, to creating a priceless bond between his crew. We then had quite powerful stuff from dadan, which was excellent. Dadans speech for luffy gave chills up my spine:D

Von-gola Primo
June 30, 2010, 05:23 PM
My Luffy is back : xD
and finally we will get to see the mugiwaras again i hope next chapter

deprince69
June 30, 2010, 05:25 PM
i have an prediction on a long term, once luffy gets one piece he will start a war against the world government

toussaintac
June 30, 2010, 05:31 PM
i have an prediction on a long term, once luffy gets one piece he will start a war against the world government

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something mental. Like, just getting to where it was said to have been buried, you know you are powerful and the king and whatnot. I think the real treasure will be affirming yourself as strong.

SuperShuter
June 30, 2010, 05:41 PM

Ace didn't want Garp to save him, this whole thing was too big for Garp to save ace on his own, garp would have been overwhelmed against sengoku and the admirals straight away. Your completley wrong about him helping them kill ace aswell, as far as im concered he helped them save ace by taking a duck against luffy, which lead to his saviour only, for ace to have been killed for his reason of not backing down against akainu. You also talk about a D's concious where Garp clearly has the purest view of Marine Justice unlike saul who wavered from the marines activities where for garp to have served so long as a hero and still being a loyal marine most show something about his history and character.

But yeah I also agree that it can't be argued against that Garp shows a massive amount of regret towards what he did or didn't do. I think he may be faced with the same situation with Luffy in the future and he will take a different action. I also think Garps opposition to pirates must be through dragon, as something must have went down between them to have created such a hatefull person

naruttom
June 30, 2010, 05:42 PM
i just started following one piece..a great journey its has been so far!!..
about this chapter:
really a poignant chapter!!..
dadan's anger towards garp and empathy with luffy's feelings, garp's patience and makino's reminiscence were very emotional and moving!!..

luffy's comment to add "bastard" in the greeting was hilariious..made me laugh so hard!!..
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/7

ace and WB..r.i.p....

jimbe finally made luffy realize he still have somebody to fight for and a long way to go!!..
and finally the focus now shifts to the other strawhat pirates!!...

Schabrak
June 30, 2010, 05:48 PM
But that, that, that would be exactly what Roger has already told us all in the flashback. How is that a prediction, if it's something Oda has hinted to so obviously? Just asking. Sounds like you intended to present it as a new theory. :P

Is Luffy's t-shirt saying, cham-pion? XD Is it the sound a rabbit makes in japan? What's on Ace ones?

Ratatosk
June 30, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hehehe thank fck for that, this isn't going to change from the manga we know and love. No lame training arcs, no Boa Hancock doujinshi fantasies, no Emo Luffy character ruinations, your mates are the most important thing and always have been.
And hey, the all-knowing spiral-bordered Narrator just said 'time passes' so does that mean the much-trolled timeskip is now over? 2 weeks of coma was a long time for One-Piece-World, so I think yes (hopefully).
Pity Ace and Whitebeard didn't get a Viking funeral, but I guess Luffy will have to visit their graves at some point so they can't.

All this reinforces the fact that Jimbei is an important character though, it clearly wasn't an accident that he was being namedropped back in the Arlong era.
And Garp looks damn depressed, poor guy. Wonder what his 'Job' is in Windmill Village, can't be anything good.. I really want to know what Garp knows that we don't, that's made him stick with the Marines all this time.

I thought Luffy already declared war on the WG (Burning the flag at Enies Lobby). Bringing down the Government has been a possibility ever since Robin's flashback, and almost certain since the Tenryuubito/ slave trade turned up. Clearly not going to happen for a while though.

deffkryz
June 30, 2010, 05:52 PM
Seems to be a quick farewell for Hancock... I wonder if she accompanies him (and Jinbei) personally which may endanger her Shichibukai status or if Margareth is sent as his bodyguard since he's still weak and she needs to fulfill her debt towards him who made Hancock use Mezameyo on her... .... .... ....

Aw man, Oda ... so many possible outcomes. *mind-crashed*

But hey. We finally got to see Aces "D." big grin showing that he lives/lived without a regret - even if it's just a zoomed repetition of the Arabasta scene (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/159/10/). That one right before his death scene was nothing but a smirk (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/16/). But here it is - the final piece to overcome his death for me.

どうも有り難う尾田先生!:scry

Black Lagoon
June 30, 2010, 06:01 PM
Does anybody think Kuma sent them off in these directions on purpose. Did he know something? Is he still working under Dragon even though he's believed to be working for World Government?

I've replied in the Mega Convo (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1966641#post1966641) :amuse

deprince69
June 30, 2010, 06:04 PM
But that, that, that would be exactly what Roger has already told us all in the flashback. How is that a prediction, if it's something Oda has hinted to so obviously? Just asking. Sounds like you intended to present it as a new theory. :P

Is Luffy's t-shirt saying, cham-pion? XD Is it the sound a rabbit makes in japan? What's on Ace ones?

what i meant was not because of what roger said, but he might find something in raftel that will anger him, and having lost a brother and a friend to world government he will join forces with Dragon

Razh
June 30, 2010, 06:10 PM
Another great chapter. It's filled with emotion.

Anyway, I don't think Luffy will go to Shabondy straight away. He's still recovering. Besides, it would probably be smart to lay low for a while, until things cool down a little. Marines are probably still alert after the battle. They are too vulnerable now to leave things to chance.
Anyway, we'll see.

Also, it seems that Whitebeard pirates have some amazing doctors. I checked the last few pages and didn't see a word about it.
Joz has his right hand attached to him again. (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/10)
The same hand that he lost during the battle. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/569/07/)

Lmao.

Black Lagoon
June 30, 2010, 06:10 PM
despite the situation, I'm LMAO ...
Luffy : "You need to add Bastard, Right?" :fan

Drmke
June 30, 2010, 06:26 PM
Great chapter once again! This chapter made me respect Luffy even more than I did before :o His character is really growing and becoming more mature (while still hopefully retaining all things that make him Luffy of course). There were even a few moments in the early portion of the chapter when Dadan was talking that I almost felt like crying. :crying

Though like Black Lagoon said, even with all the drama and emotional situations going on, the flashbacks of Luffy and Ace were so lol.

"I'm Ace. Who the hell are you?" :XD

Bugzee
June 30, 2010, 06:33 PM
Yatta! Finally, we get Jinbei on the cover! Sweet.

It's the first time we've seen Makino cry. I miss Ace. :crying I'm glad Luffy's recovering *progressively* and coming back to his senses. Luffy's nakama = priceless. :nod I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter. I'm keen to know how Oda will go about reuniting the SH's back together even more now. I wonder what the situation on SA is like now? I'm sure there were plenty of pirates and SA residents that must've evacuated and fled the island for safety (as means of extra precaution I guess)!? Will Rayleigh stay on SA with the Thousand Sunny or will he move? It's getting even more exciting now.

Black Lagoon
June 30, 2010, 06:49 PM

It's the first time we've seen Makino cry. I miss Ace. :crying I'm glad Luffy's recovering *progressively* and coming back to his senses. Luffy's nakama = priceless. :nod I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter. I'm keen to know how Oda will go about reuniting the SH's back together even more now. I wonder what the situation on SA is like now? I'm sure there were plenty of pirates and SA residents that must've evacuated and fled the island for safety (as means of extra precaution I guess)!? Will Rayleigh stay on SA with the Thousand Sunny or will he move? It's getting even more exciting now.

Of course they're ... :notrust
here's a glimpse : remember this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/486/07/) (read till page 11 or the whole manga again to see how awesome they're (For those who still don't realize it ... even if it's impossible :p))
As you say ... SHs = Priceless.

Ratatosk
June 30, 2010, 06:58 PM
Shanks' comment that both Ace and Roger were idiots in some ways, and Luffy could do better, was interesting (and true).

And Ace just got Jinbei in exactly the same trouble as Roger got Garp, doing the /monster grin/ 'take care of him for me' line (passed on from Sabo). Amazed at how weak he thought Luffy was, I mean I've got a little brother who's an idiot too, but if he was beaten with iron spikes by a pirate all day aged 7 and still didn't crack, I'd have revised my opinion.

I'm hoping for the Strawhats to reunite quickly, and show whatever hidden strengths they have gained later when they inevitably get attacked by all those enemies that 10yr-old Ace was predicting, but I'll admit that whatever Kuma/Oda was planning when he split them up still makes no sense, apart from to have Luffy fend for himself without his crew at crucial moments. They all had level-up opportunities where they were sent (only just noticed that the guys persecuting the village that thinks Brooke is Satan are related to the Saxaphone pirate dude with too many elbows who fought with sound waves at Sabaody.. so clearly the anime even with padding is good for something).

Next week - even more anything-could-happen. Love it...

elitefox
June 30, 2010, 07:38 PM

I guess he did learn from Dadan

"Go to hell, you old bastard!"
[hr]

Ace didn't want Garp to save him, this whole thing was too big for Garp to save ace on his own, garp would have been overwhelmed against sengoku and the admirals straight away. Your completley wrong about him helping them kill ace aswell, as far as im concered he helped them save ace by taking a duck against luffy, which lead to his saviour only, for ace to have been killed for his reason of not backing down against akainu. You also talk about a D's concious where Garp clearly has the purest view of Marine Justice unlike saul who wavered from the marines activities where for garp to have served so long as a hero and still being a loyal marine most show something about his history and character.

But yeah I also agree that it can't be argued against that Garp shows a massive amount of regret towards what he did or didn't do. I think he may be faced with the same situation with Luffy in the future and he will take a different action. I also think Garps opposition to pirates must be through dragon, as something must have went down between them to have created such a hatefull person

Garp was trying to save ace at the last moment...

Does Garp hoping that WB is going to win this war? and save Ace.
or he decided that Ace can't be saved but when luffy, 2 of his grandsons are there, it kinda break him up?
[hr]

Another great chapter. It's filled with emotion.

Anyway, I don't think Luffy will go to Shabondy straight away. He's still recovering. Besides, it would probably be smart to lay low for a while, until things cool down a little. Marines are probably still alert after the battle. They are too vulnerable now to leave things to chance.
Anyway, we'll see.

Also, it seems that Whitebeard pirates have some amazing doctors. I checked the last few pages and didn't see a word about it.
Joz has his right hand attached to him again. (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/10)
The same hand that he lost during the battle. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/569/07/)

Lmao.

lol didn't notice it.

haha
maybe the ice help preserve the arm, so that it has been attached later

i didn't think the pirates are knowledgeable enough to even bring his frozen broken arm.
[hr]

yeah it would be lame if he became an okama from a lady lover.

Ratatosk
June 30, 2010, 07:55 PM
Garp was trying to save ace at the last moment...

yeah, he had to be held down to stop from attacking Akainu.
The occasional panels of Garp looking appalled were some of the the best and most carefully-drawn of the war. There'll be more of him soon.

I do wonder at Garp's principles, ok so the majority of Pirates are complete monsters, but he's been a Marine 'Hero' for over 20 years, he must know that the government are just as bad.
Wonder if Coby and Helmeppo are with him/ if he managed to get Coby out of the immense amounts of trouble he's probably in.

Kaizokuou
June 30, 2010, 08:36 PM

That's really cute, "pyon" in Japanese is the onomatopoeia for jumping/hopping, so it says chamPYON! hahaahah. And I think Ace's says 仁義, meaning humanity and justice, according to jisho.org (http://jisho.org/words?jap=%E4%BB%81%E7%BE%A9&eng=&dict=edict).

This was such a good chapter, Oda-sensei really seems to understand grief. I loved what Shanks said about how to become a man. And then when Luffy starts counting on his fingers (didn't even know he could do math that didn't involve how many meals he's missed), oh man, so emotionally satisfying.

hy4k
June 30, 2010, 09:43 PM
Dadan <3. Best new character from the flashback

I hope luffy doesn't meet up with the crew straight away. He's still a weakling and he needs to get way stronger if he wants to be pirate king. Let Zoro look after the crew for a while

I also hope we see some action from dragon, shanks and the remaining yonkou. dragon in paarticular does jack shit

Poneglyph420
June 30, 2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I almost pissed my pants when I read that part (in the Raw that is) the Temee from Ace as well..
BTW, Hisahi Buri!

Yeah I really loved seeing Jinbei (In a Takoyaki Jimbei) eating Takoyaki with Mihawk!! That's really almost as good as it gets IMO.

I'm keen to know how Oda will go about reuniting the SH's back together even more now. I wonder what the situation on SA is like now? I'm sure there were plenty of pirates and SA residents that must've evacuated and fled the island for safety (as means of extra precaution I guess)!? Will Rayleigh stay on SA with the Thousand Sunny or will he move? It's getting even more exciting now.

I've been wondering for a while how Oda will reunite the SH. Likely through the Vivre cards and Ray San. I guess that now that Kizaru knows that Ray is on SA it's gonna be tricky.. But for sure they will meet this side of Fishman Island, IMO at least. Everything the flashback did to build the history and knowledge of the story, is now coming in building excitement until we see the SH reunited.

I'm also quite curious if we will see the individual stories of each SH (in a condensed version of course) or just all of them sharing their stories over food and drink (I'm mean all all out frenzy as usual LOL)

I do wonder at Garp's principles, ok so the majority of Pirates are complete monsters, but he's been a Marine 'Hero' for over 20 years, he must know that the government are just as bad.
Wonder if Coby and Helmeppo are with him/ if he managed to get Coby out of the immense amounts of trouble he's probably in.

Yeah we really know very little about Garp, But I'm pretty sure at this point he just does know of the injustice on both sides.. He probably can't do too much about either, on a global level anyways.. But he sure does whatever he wants, and seemingly gets away with it..

I bet he got Coby out of whatever sh!t he could of been in..

Just keeps getting better...

elitefox
June 30, 2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I almost pissed my pants when I read that part (in the Raw that is) the Temee from Ace as well..
BTW, Hisahi Buri!

Yeah I really loved seeing Jinbei (In a Takoyaki Jimbei) eating Takoyaki with Mihawk!! That's really almost as good as it gets IMO.

I've been wondering for a while how Oda will reunite the SH. Likely through the Vivre cards and Ray San. I guess that now that Kizaru knows that Ray is on SA it's gonna be tricky.. But for sure they will meet this side of Fishman Island, IMO at least. Everything the flashback did to build the history and knowledge of the story, is now coming in building excitement until we see the SH reunited.

I'm also quite curious if we will see the individual stories of each SH (in a condensed version of course) or just all of them sharing their stories over food and drink (I'm mean all all out frenzy as usual LOL)

Yeah we really know very little about Garp, But I'm pretty sure at this point he just does know of the injustice on both sides.. He probably can't do too much about either, on a global level anyways.. But he sure does whatever he wants, and seemingly gets away with it..

Argh, I want to see at least Garp punching Akainu :p

Garp does what he wants, he wants to be a marine, he doesn't want to be a pirate. He protect what he wants to protect too. So I think he lives like he wants to live though there will be regrets. but I think he will die happy when he see the day that luffy becomes the PK :p

Naruffy
June 30, 2010, 10:22 PM
This chapter almost brought me to tears, I'm sure Luffy will be back to his old self as soon as he's back with his crew mates.

DARK
June 30, 2010, 10:24 PM
Oda has just shown that it's okay for men to cry, as long as they are able to get over it afterwards.

falco_dergento
June 30, 2010, 10:25 PM
wow, the chapter is the true climax after shanbody arc! we now understand why Oda hasn't shown luffy's nakama for so long, it was to build the moment in this chapter! great chapter! :D

strawhatsx
June 30, 2010, 10:30 PM
GUYS idk if im being dumb but i think the crew is already waiting for him at the meeting point!! take a look, in the middle of the page next to when ace is tlaking.. u can see the whole crew on the ship.. is it showing us that they already there maybe?!

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/18

DARK
June 30, 2010, 10:34 PM
GUYS idk if im being dumb but i think the crew is already waiting for him at the meeting point!! take a look, in the middle of the page next to when ace is tlaking.. u can see the whole crew on the ship.. is it showing us that they already there maybe?!

Nope, it's just the crew at the time when they encountered Ace in Alabasta. The man on the far right, sitting on the edge of the ship, is Ace saying his farewells.
Luffy included, there are only six crewmmates. Robin, Franky, and Brooke didn't join yet.

Poneglyph420
June 30, 2010, 10:34 PM

No. Here: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/159/14/

Kaizokuou
June 30, 2010, 10:58 PM
i just showed that t-shirt Ace is wearing to a Japanese friend and he said that kanji "jingi" kinda has a Yakuza connotation, haha, guess it makes Ace kinda tough looking.

but that convo explains why he's so damn polite when we first meet him in Alabasta, cuz Makino taught him how to be an adult. I know Oda just put the whole reasoning of wanting to meet Shanks in order to explain his change in attitude, but it all ties in so beautifully. he learns to be all grown up and speak properly because he wants to be able to meet Shanks (and he still kinda messed it up, didn't he?) just so he can say his thanks for helping raise his younger brother.

Shader
July 01, 2010, 12:23 AM
Gr8 chapter (well...actualy as always), realy liked that mini flashback of Ace and Jinbei, almost got some tears droped T-T
Cant wait to see the straw hats reunion :wtf

ScratchmenApoo
July 01, 2010, 01:08 AM
Amazing chapter...

I teared up at the double-spread of crying Luffy and his nakama in the background, that was amazing.
I'm willing to bet that we're going to see the other Strawhats' adventures - NOT as cover stories anymore, but in the manga itself.

And in all good news, Diamond Jose's right arm seems to be okay, so if he survives something like that, I'm pretty sure the other commanders are okay too (the one that got fried by Akainu for example).

senewe
July 01, 2010, 05:46 AM
Guys, how do you rate of these page

The grave scene (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/9)

or this (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/17)

I gave 11 out of 10 especially for the first one. The page where Red-haired and his crew introduced was awesome. the page shown WB's back with all the scars was touching. BB's crew entrance was trilling. Marco kicking Kizaru's butt was epic. but I only gave them 10.5. I don't know why I love WB's grave...
as for the second, this is the first time I saw a mangaka drawing from that angle. Nice one

terrorei
July 01, 2010, 06:27 AM
It's interesting seeing Garp returning to Goakingdom and declare it to be his Protectorate.
1. It a see it as a confirmation that this will play a big role in the future.
2. Through it maybe, that Garp did the same 20 years ago when Rogers Pirate Age began and doing it now for the new Pirates following WBs call.
Its also possible that he had to get a while away from the marines. He could have been Suspended for the time-being since he didn't comply to his role in crucial times during the war.
3. Of course he could also need some time off, to get over Ace's death.
4. He may assume Luffy coming back to his home village if he had given up the Dream of becoming PK and he wants be the one welcoming him / protecting him, before other Marines try to do something else.
5. Last option I can think of is, that the Marines are aware that RA could use the time after the big clash to conquer some Kingdoms and Goa is known to be on Dragons list ^^.

The only question I have left is what happened to Cuby. Garp beeing away from him could indicate that Cuby is know on his, maybe getting his own Crew? He's last action during the war may had the wrong timing, but it was the right thing. I think Sengoku realized that and also many of the marines think higher of him (not all but at least the decent one).

I also get the feeling this chapter indicating that there will be no timeskip and no training for Luffy.

ulamukuk
July 01, 2010, 06:41 AM
wew i actually forgot about coby xD wonder what would happen to him....akainu will be like wanting to finish him because that was the point shanks came and saved luffy. However considering how sensible sengoku is, we might have some development there....but i just can't think of a what will happen to coby and yes helmeppo

Kieran
July 01, 2010, 07:42 AM
Got to admit it didn't turn out as i thought it would, i was expecting Luffy to give up completly and then for the crew to rally around him and make him back to his old self, rather than Luffy going to find them.

I was also expecting the princess to teach him Haki before he left the island so he gets stronger and learns to control it a bit.

Especially now the world government knows he has that power he will be hunted down even more.

PS: Any guesses on his new bounty? I expect it will be around 500mil B

Doomchen
July 01, 2010, 07:56 AM
I thought Luffys change of mind was a bit too quick, being at rock bottom to having a new goal in finding his nakama in one or two pages seems more of a miracle than when ivankov saved him from magellans poison.

Anyways, there has to be a meeting with Hancock before he leaves. Question is, how will he leave and will he take someone with him? I then expect either a timeskip and we will see the mugiwaras united really soon or Luffy getting to Rayleigh first with some more revelations about what Kuma said and what Luffy has to do to get stronger. I think Rayleigh would also be a fitting character to teach him some haki.

Can't wait to see how the next chapters will turn out!

llamapie
July 01, 2010, 08:08 AM
I thought Luffys change of mind was a bit too quick, being at rock bottom to having a new goal in finding his nakama in one or two pages seems more of a miracle than when ivankov saved him from magellans poison.

Anyways, there has to be a meeting with Hancock before he leaves. Question is, how will he leave and will he take someone with him? I then expect either a timeskip and we will see the mugiwaras united really soon or Luffy getting to Rayleigh first with some more revelations about what Kuma said and what Luffy has to do to get stronger. I think Rayleigh would also be a fitting character to teach him some haki.

Can't wait to see how the next chapters will turn out!

He's been at rock bottom for a while. The whole flash back and since Ace died his mind broke. This chapter just reaffirmed his goal and reminded him he still has people who support him.

Mr.Popo
July 01, 2010, 08:25 AM
That was it!!!!!! Wow! This chapter brings us back in true form...
YESSSS!

THANK GOD. It's about damn time we get to see the crew again.
Again: YESSSS!

Finally a chapter worse discussing. I stopped discussing here somewhere after Ace death, I was even close to stop reading OP! (at least till good chapters come out again)
Luffy's childhood chapters where not that bad, but after the crap before not good enough to start discussing OP again.

But now Oda seems to be back on track :D.
Good chapter and more to be seen soon...

k-dom
July 01, 2010, 08:46 AM
Leaving will be the easiest, he's got Kuja ship, Law ship and Jinbei. I suppose the sharkman will accompany him until fishman island.

hibar90
July 01, 2010, 09:45 AM
Great chapter! Oda mixed sorrow with hilarious memory, was just memorable. I love chiby luffy shirt lol. Ace and WB tombstone was an epic panel too. When someone make a color page, I'll make it into a poster in my room. And checked out who (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/16) just learnt his numbers lol. Luffy still has his nakama.

DLord.Van.Buuren
July 01, 2010, 09:49 AM
. And checked out who (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/16) just learnt his numbers lol. Luffy still has his nakama.

nice pointing that out , you know thats crucial , meaning that luffy decided how much nakama he will gather , its 10 .

undertoe
July 01, 2010, 10:04 AM
nice pointing that out , you know thats crucial , meaning that luffy decided how much nakama he will gather , its 10 .

Um... How do you figure?

DLord.Van.Buuren
July 01, 2010, 10:07 AM
Um... How do you figure?

he was counting his fingers , and thats just assuptions , no need to take them straight .

but i dont actually like that , i'd like to see a huge crew sailing with luffy .

Uriel
July 01, 2010, 10:45 AM
Nah, you've to remember that He has been in shock since Ace death and then crushing EVERYTHING as soon as He recovered. He, while flashback xD, also entered "In darkness"
His recovery wont be easy and it's not completed, He just started to see the "light"

I missed that too! Damn, it's too crucial!
Assumptions? I would say foresight :O

terrorei
July 01, 2010, 11:01 AM
Its the number of members he mentioning in the first view chapters OP. But I doubt he counted only his Crew member in the last chapter, since he deosn't even know yet who's going to be his next Nakama.
(Through under other circumstances it would fit Luffys personality :))

Bugzee
July 01, 2010, 11:07 AM

I think it would be even more awesome if Oda implemented both methods together. Don't you think so? ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing Usopp *again* collecting and presenting everyone's adventures/experiences with the use of his "planning/drawing board"; which he used during the Skypiea Arc over food and drink off course. :D

Definitely agree with you. Garp instantly recognised Coby's newly born power/ability imo. Coby may not be with Garp right now in Windmill Village but I have a feeling that his safe from harms way for now...

Dadan to get a new apprentice or "kid" to watch over!? jk :XD

Argh, I want to see at least Garp punching Akainu :p

Well said. :nod

he was counting his fingers , and thats just assuptions , no need to take them straight .

but i dont actually like that , i'd like to see a huge crew sailing with luffy .

Damn, I didn't see that. :darn I've always said that it will be 10 crew mates + Luffy as captain = 11 in total. We'll just have to wait and see.

Uriel
July 01, 2010, 11:15 AM
Its the number of members he mentioning in the first view chapters OP. But I doubt he counted only his Crew member in the last chapter, since he deosn't even know yet who's going to be his next Nakama.
(Through under other circumstances it would fit Luffys personality :))
Maybe He KNOWS about the last person in his heart.

</romantic>

strawhatsx
July 01, 2010, 11:18 AM

Well by counting 10, he probobly meant vivi, she a nakama too.

Razh
July 01, 2010, 11:24 AM
He has counted 8, for that's the number of crew mates he has. You don't believe he has counted imaginary crewman?

Those thumbs are just sticking out.

EDIT: How bout counting in Sunny too, jerk? :p

strawhatsx
July 01, 2010, 11:41 AM
Ahh seems so long ago that luffy said this..
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/522/12/

now we are here :)
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/17

topkomputer
July 01, 2010, 11:58 AM
If he count himself and the ship (thousand sunny) is 10. BB is counting the battle ship giant (don juan) and himself 10 too.

Uriel
July 01, 2010, 12:16 PM
Not to be a jerk, but Luffy can't count himself as nakama because He just can't be his own nakama.

I do count Sunny there, although. One more member, here we go!

chess4
July 01, 2010, 12:29 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/29274149/10

isnt that curiel on the same side as jozu, with the cannon on his back?

cippy
July 01, 2010, 12:30 PM
So... Garp decided to retire in Fushia village with Dadan ?

JC123
July 01, 2010, 01:06 PM
WB's order was to retreat. Everyone was running. But dumbass Ace lets himself taunted by Akainu and attacks him instead of running. Even though everyone around him is advising him to run.

I'm talking way before that. If Ace had said nevermind to wanting to fight BB, BB would have went after Luffy. If they had met as it stands, BB would have the advantage in the fight. Think about it, who would have come to see Luffy be beheaded? Maybe WB would have come to try to fight but even if this is Dragon's son, he has yet to build his rep to a level such as WB's.

chess4
July 01, 2010, 02:28 PM
So what did we take from this chapter. fushia village will be ok because garp is there protecting his hometown from pirates. He has set up an HQ there.

also we got to see ace and whitebeard laid to rest. i think from shanks talking to marco again, i can assume marco is the new captain of the WB pirates.

lastly, luffy realizes his still has family in the world in his crew. luffy said they have a meeting point, so thats safe to say they will all meet on SA. they still have to get there ship anyway. so i guess this means the hats will not be visting amazon lilly like luffy said when he 1st left(well not for a while anyway)

this is what i think will happen..........the strawhats will reunite on SA. now that rayleigh has been found out by kizaru, he cant stay there any longer, so he will have to go to fishamn island with the hats, hacchi, papagg, cami, and shakki will go as well.

this is where it can go a number of ways........another battle is going to happen somewhere between now and the NW for the strawhats. maybe the marines set some soldiers to capture rayleigh and stumble on the strawhats being alive.

one thing is safe to say, the strawhats will get at least one more member, but at this point, it can be a number of people.

i think the next couple of chapters will be wrap up chapters letting us see what the others, who participated in the war is doing. buggy and croc may or may not be a WB's funeral. the rest of the jailbreak league has been shown.

i am most interested in doflamingo and moria. i have a strange feeling that moria will survive, but i dont know.

the biggest question i want an answer to is WHAT HAPPENED TO OARS JR
[hr]
also this chapter leads me to believe that neither boa nor jinbei will join the strawhats. the ocean is 2 unstabble right now for them to abandon their homes. they will have to stay. also with thr ocean being unstabble i cant see a fishman, who are very loyal 2 each other, leaving FI to be with the hats.

so maybe we get a new member when they meet at SA

THM Nindo
July 01, 2010, 02:39 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/18/
September 5th, 2008

It's been 22 months (in real life) that the strawhat were separated...
In the manga, it's actually been a few weeks at most, I guess (to lazy to make the calculation).

I can't wait to see them again together!!
I wonder if they will simply all be waiting for him at the archipelago, or if Luffy will have to go and fetch them one after the other.

My guess is that Robin will be with the RA.
So, the whole crew might be reunited except her, and they will go to "Vertigo" to get her...
And, that way, Luffy will meet his father and the RA (and possibly Sabo!)

chess4
July 01, 2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/18/
September 5th, 2008

It's been 22 months (in real life) that the strawhat were separated...
In the manga, it's actually been a few weeks at most, I guess (to lazy to make the calculation).

I can't wait to see them again together!!
I wonder if they will simply all be waiting for him at the archipelago, or if Luffy will have to go and fetch them one after the other.

My guess is that Robin will be with the RA.
So, the whole crew might be reunited except her, and they will go to "Vertigo" to get her...
And, that way, Luffy will meet his father and the RA (and possibly Sabo!)

i think sabo will be the one 2 bring her

CBlitz
July 01, 2010, 02:52 PM
wow I can't believe its been 2 years since they split up O_o

well can't wait till the reunion, I wanna see them all together again! Lord knows that Luffy needs support now more than ever...

ScratchmenApoo
July 01, 2010, 03:12 PM
the biggest question i want an answer to is WHAT HAPPENED TO OARS JR
<hr noshade size="1">

A giant like him wouldn't die that easy.
If people say "he bled to death" then I say back to them - what about Luffy and Zoro ? They survived bleeding 10 buckets all the time.

However, I don't know anyone on the pirate side (excluding Blackbeard pirates) who could possibly carry him back to his ship, unless he awoke and barely struggled to make it there himself.

Bugzee
July 01, 2010, 03:33 PM
wow I can't believe its been 2 years since they split up O_o

well can't wait till the reunion, I wanna see them all together again! Lord knows that Luffy needs support now more than ever...

I know. It's been a while for sure. I didn't honestly believe that it would take this long for the SH's to reunite. :darn I sure hope it's worth the wait in the end. :P

Dammit, we better see the SH's back together again before I go back to Uni! Come on Oda, I need to pass my second year! :yelling

I can't wait to see Dadan participate in a future battle/war with Luffy & co...if there ever is one...again. :eyeroll

Googlez_kun
July 01, 2010, 04:47 PM
I'm actually quite excited about seeing them together again,because i started reading OP regularly about 2 years ago.It will be refreshing,because i mainly had Luffy,Luffy and some Ace...and Luffy.

jiminy
July 01, 2010, 06:05 PM
I really liked how Oda showed Luffy counting his crewmates in his head and Jimbei just staring at him.

Im sure the next chapter will have some Luffy + Boa interaction, and some Luffy + Law interaction. Then off to Shabondy (maybe through Law's submarine)

Im thinking that Jimbei, since Ace asked of him to look after Luffy for him, will probably appoint a fellow Fishman to join Luffy's crew. I think that Jimbei would be worried about the state that Fishman island is in and does not want to leave its presence in case chaos ensues.

Shiro-kun
July 02, 2010, 12:06 AM
Im ready for a SH reunion :tem

Thanks Jinbei for getting Luffy to remember them!!!!

hdiuy
July 02, 2010, 12:26 AM
Damn i like this chapter. I can't wait to see how the SHs come together.

rickfox
July 02, 2010, 02:45 AM

there is no need to started it by Luffy,probably once The "D"s or someone else gets close enough to "One Piece" , The Great War (as Edward Newgate stated---one day a grand battle that will engulf the whole world ) will begin

Shiro-kun
July 02, 2010, 04:03 AM
I like how Oda sets it up for Luffy and Co to visit the island of Whitebeard and Ace's burial , it probably be a long time from now but it seems it would happen.

k-dom
July 02, 2010, 04:07 AM
Well technically he already started it in Enies Lobby

On a more topic matter, I could see Luffy talking with Hancock at the start of next chapter and when he is going to leave we have a glimpse of every other strawhat

Still I'm curious how Oda will makes that, their reappearance is so long awaited he needs to make it awesome

chitgoks
July 02, 2010, 05:41 AM
ha! luffy still has no haki. if he gets to meet with the crew, even zoro may surpass him

TonyTonyChopper
July 02, 2010, 07:08 AM
Luffy talk about meeting spot, no doubt it is SA, I prefer he learn Haki from Raleigh instead of Hancock

narupiece
July 02, 2010, 07:25 AM
I'm curious about the circumstances when Luffy departs again. The only way to get out of Amazon Lily and the Calm Belt seems to be to take one of Hancock's ships, so perhaps someone from her crew, possibly Hancock herself, joins Luffy.

ulamukuk
July 02, 2010, 08:09 AM
i would say margaret since oda himself said there will be no one stronger than the monster trio in the crew

terrorei
July 02, 2010, 08:47 AM
There is all the talk about teaching Luffy Haki, but I doubt any of you knows what Haki is. There might be no way to teach someone to use Haki, besides learning it by yourself.
Up until know Haki is influenced by:
1. Willpower
2. Strength-level
3. Confidence

So I don't know how Boa can teach him any of this.

Bugzee
July 02, 2010, 10:05 AM
I like how Oda sets it up for Luffy and Co to visit the island of Whitebeard and Ace's burial , it probably be a long time from now but it seems it would happen.

I can definitely see that happening and I really hope we get to see it. It would be so cool if Luffy went with his own crew and ship to that particular island. I love how they've placed the hat over Ace's tombstone. :crying (Where the hell did they find it? :XD A spare one maybe?)

That WB flag is still the shiz imo. :shakefist

Auditore
July 02, 2010, 10:39 AM
So in the near future there will be a fight between Garp and Luffy, why?

Because that way we will learn about Garp`s thoughts during the war.

And it will be the perfect "Try out your haki fight" without anyone dying

yoyomanyo300
July 02, 2010, 10:45 AM
WAIT WHAT GUYS ITS BEEN 2 YEARS since the SH's were seperated, can someone give me a link to where this is confirmed because i thought its only been like 2 weeks or something. IM CONFUSED!

cobrahc
July 02, 2010, 10:58 AM
2 years in real life.

I really cant wait to see Luffy and his crew visiting this Island.
What about Sanji? I want see him back to normal.. and if the crew need a Okama, put our beloved Bon Kurei

Bugzee
July 02, 2010, 11:04 AM
WAIT WHAT GUYS ITS BEEN 2 YEARS since the SH's were seperated, can someone give me a link to where this is confirmed because i thought its only been like 2 weeks or something. IM CONFUSED!

^ What are you confused about!?

Yes, it's been two years in RL for us readers (as followers if you like) since the SH's were separated back on Sabaody Archipelago (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v53/c513/18.html). I hope that helps. :amuse

goldb
July 02, 2010, 11:18 AM
Wow 2 years already? I hadn't even noticed...:amuse

When Luffy does reach Sabaody, do you guys think the other Strawhats will be there already waiting or Oda will show bits of their adventures and them making their way back? I'd rather them be there already and Oda showing their adventures through flashback scenes.

Razh
July 02, 2010, 11:52 AM
Wow 2 years already? I hadn't even noticed...:amuse

When Luffy does reach Sabaody, do you guys think the other Strawhats will be there already waiting or Oda will show bits of their adventures and them making their way back? I'd rather them be there already and Oda showing their adventures through flashback scenes.

I'd rather their adventures don't take too much manga space. It can be expanded upon in the anime, just like the cover stories were.

Uriel
July 02, 2010, 11:52 AM
Well technically he already started it in Enies Lobby
On a more topic matter, I could see Luffy talking with Hancock at the start of next chapter and when he is going to leave we have a glimpse of every other strawhat
Still I'm curious how Oda will makes that, their reappearance is so long awaited he needs to make it awesome
I trust that Oda is able to put an AWESOME reunion that will make more than one here drop a tear :O
And in the way, teasing us with a little bit of what's Haki.

Poneglyph420
July 02, 2010, 11:58 AM
ha! luffy still has no haki. if he gets to meet with the crew, even zoro may surpass him

I guess Luffy needs to go to the Haki store and pick some up...
I'm not sure how one "gets" Haki, nor am I sure what kind of development any of the crew has made.....

Luffy talk about meeting spot, no doubt it is SA, I prefer he learn Haki from Raleigh instead of Hancock

I was always under the suspicion either you got it or ya don't.... Haki of course.

The meeting point is SA for sure.. But since BB went reckless at MHQ there was a Tsunami heading for SA's south coast. So I'm hoping Ray san and the Sunny are safe and sound..
Never mind Kizaru knows that Ray san is on SA....

Well the meeting point is where Rayleigh is anyways.

There is all the talk about teaching Luffy Haki, but I doubt any of you knows what Haki is. There might be no way to teach someone to use Haki, besides learning it by yourself.
Up until know Haki is influenced by:
1. Willpower
2. Strength-level
3. Confidence

So I don't know how Boa can teach him any of this.

Exactly. Yes.

goldb
July 02, 2010, 11:58 AM
I'd rather their adventures don't take too much manga space. It can be expanded upon in the anime, just like the cover stories were.

That's why I also want it to just be quick scenes. Otherwise, with 8 characters to look at, it would take quite a bit of time. I just want to see them now, it's as good time as any imo, unless Oda has something special beforehand then I'd be game for that:blink

Razh
July 02, 2010, 12:10 PM
I don't know why Oda didn't continue with SH cover stories. It would give animators more material to work with, without them having to resort to fillers and recap episodes. And on the other hand, he wouldn't need to expand upon their stories that much later in manga.
Anyway, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot more of Strawhats in the next period. Yeah, Oda can leave Luffy to rest or train, but I wouldn't like the focus to be just on the SH. It sure would be great to get some news of the state of the world, updates on some character and so on.

goldb
July 02, 2010, 12:17 PM
Maybe whilst Luffy is making his way to Sabaody, that's when we'll get to the SHs adventures and other characters too. I personally would like to see Impel Down again, but maybe it's too early to see Marine HQ just yet.

fistsofrage
July 02, 2010, 02:42 PM
Well one reason Luffy needs to get stronger on Amazon Lily is that the Marines will be expecting him on SA. The marines aren't stupid and they know Kuma did not kill them so they will probably be waiting for the Sh's to regroup there. The destruction of the marine's ambush will probably be Oda's way of reintroducing the crew to the pirate world xD. Dunno who will be waiting for them but im counting on a heroic Luffy entrance >.>

Ashura_Ichibugin
July 02, 2010, 03:08 PM
I hope this chapter put an end to the hilarious "dadan is big mom" theory, together with all dadan is this, dadan is that theories. Thus, it was a good chapter.

I hope to see other SH soon, probably in 2-5 chapters.

Razh
July 02, 2010, 04:00 PM
Well one reason Luffy needs to get stronger on Amazon Lily is that the Marines will be expecting him on SA. The marines aren't stupid and they know Kuma did not kill them so they will probably be waiting for the Sh's to regroup there. The destruction of the marine's ambush will probably be Oda's way of reintroducing the crew to the pirate world xD. Dunno who will be waiting for them but im counting on a heroic Luffy entrance >.>

I think Luffy is still seriously sought after. Even the newspapers write about him. To be in the news in the aftermath of a battle like that one is a big thing. Tenryuubito won't forget about the insult.
So, I'm sure Jinbei will advise Luffy to calm down for a while. He can't really fight with injuries like those. The best thing he can do is recuperate. Neither Shabondy nor his crew members will run off without him. I'm sure he'll realize that.
Plus, he really does need to train, at least a little. So, I vote for Luffy training off screen while we get to see SH and some other characters.

deffkryz
July 02, 2010, 04:09 PM
My prediction for Chapter 591:

Luffy gets his Mugiwara back, and thanks Heart Pirates for their effort - Law may tell Luffy not to lose his recklessness which makes him an interesting rival. They part with respect but in rivalty. The Kuja Pirates are giving Luffy and Jinbei a ride back to Sabaody which will last for another week. Sandersonia and Marigold may stay back, so they'll go with two substitute pirates: Kikyou and Margaret, her dream comes true. And finally, Oda may start to show what happened to the other Mugiwaras in a similar way as when Luffy went from Amazon Lily to Impel Down.

Not very much that I'm (almost) certain of... If Oda starts to focus on the other Mugiwaras, I'll guess we're going to see:

Ivasan meets Sanji who just acted to get behind the Newkama Kenpo. They fight a bit, and Ivasan eventually finds out about Sanji being Luffy's crewmate. I desperately hope some Newkamas accompany him on the Marine vessel to SA, and on half the way they meet Handsome. More torture for Sanji. ^^;
Nami learns, learns, learns and managed to speed up the cloud, possibly a way to improve her Clima Tact. (<- Sounds boring but Oda may add a pinch of etchi.)
Usopp gets thinner again, he'll be tougher and probably be able to use Impact more like the Skypieans who don't seem to feel the pain of the attack.
Franky does a little research on Vegapunk's studies. He may do something about combining his Cola powers (Oda won't just give this up)
Zoro, Chopper, Robin, Brook ... I don't know what Oda is up to those. But I hope he'll go a bit more into detail about them. It's a pity that their stories have been left to anime fillers.

I guess, if Oda wants to leave as many possibilites open for the next new crewmember - even if he's not to make Luffy acquire another member after all, he won't let Margaret down, neither will he turn down Jinbei nor Hancock. All of them had just too many scenes with Luffy. And most probably Perona may even don't want to be left alone... At least I hope Oda decides to keep this tense.

Hancock accompanying may give yet another option for Luffy to hide under her robe to get to Shakky's Botakuri Bar to meet Rayleigh since the Sabaody Archipel is probably heavily guarded. I'd like to see Ray's face once Luffy climbs out his hiding place. There are also other possible options... Maybe they'll run into Jalmack who then turns out to be Hancock's former master. Or Smoker is transferred there with a new promotion and became a Shōshō (X Drake's former rank) to maintain safety. It may end up Luffy trying to beat him now because he just "thought about something" - without Hancock's, Ray's, Jinbei's nor his friends help he'll gets behind how to use Haki somehow to at least smack Smoker.

Jinbei accompanying Luffy may give Oda the option of him meeting Hatchan, Caimie and Pappag to present some words about Arlong. At least I'd love to have a "Jinbei is honored to meet the Criminal designer" scene.

Margaret may still feel like she had some debt towards Luffy even if she saved him from the mushrooms - at least I think Hancock may see that Margaret became big friends with Luffy ... I'm not giving up the option that Hancock may give Margaret the order to be Luffy's bodyguard. And Kikyou seems to be a very good friend of her if you look back how relieved she was when Margaret was being depetrified.

I could also think of Doflamingo and Sentoumaru have to order to wipe out both Jinbei and Hancock on Sabaody Archipelago with a bunch of Pacifista... But that's even guessed more into the blue...

vinchbr
July 02, 2010, 05:46 PM
i do think that luffy will end next chapter talking and thanking everyone. then proceed to hancocks palace and ask for a ride to shanbodyand ask about how can he beat akainu. she will agree to do both train and the ride.
the ride will take x days in manga time, but the trainning will be off screen, which he will only be able to feel his haki he wont be able to control it, the other mugiwaras will be shown making their way back to SA, i think it will be 2 mugiwaras per week so it wont take a whole lot manga time, theyll meet up and luffy will be trainning with rayleigh to better control his haki, in which he wont be able to master anyways, he will have to fight quite a lot and learn the damage that he can do with it

hy4k
July 02, 2010, 06:12 PM
I can honestly see Zoro becoming the stongest member of the crew

he's on Mihawk's island FFS

Dark God Zeus
July 02, 2010, 07:43 PM
Maybe Luffy will get back to his crew, and they'll almost immedietly be attacked by some marines or something. And luffy see his entire crew "powered up" and feels pathetic as captain. So, Rayleigh takes him under and helps him learn haki or hone his devil fruit.

kkck
July 02, 2010, 07:45 PM
Almost chapter 600! Wonder if that is when luffy will join with his crew.. or perhaps he will get to fishman island then...

sarutobi_sensei
July 02, 2010, 08:07 PM
Well they'll most likely reunite in chapter 600. The following chapters might be to showcase what they have been doing, Luffy asking Hancock to go to Shabondy and a little more aftermath of the war. Then on 600 they meet again, after 1 month of being separated.
[hr]
Why 1 month?
From the separation to the war 1 week passed.
From the war until luffy's flashback 2 weeks had passed
From Amazon Lily to Shabondy it's 1 week by boat.
So all in all, 1 month :p

And for us readers more than 2 years.

Bugzee
July 02, 2010, 08:55 PM
I hope this chapter put an end to the hilarious "dadan is big mom" theory, together with all dadan is this, dadan is that theories. Thus, it was a good chapter.

I hope to see other SH soon, probably in 2-5 chapters.

I always thought that the "Dadan is Big Mom" theory was a joke. I can assure you that it has been put to rest now....:p Well, Dadan looks pretty much the same (appearance-wise except maybe a few more wrinkles here and there XD!) all these years since we got introduced to her from those flashbacks.

I definitely hope so. :(

Maybe Luffy will get back to his crew, and they'll almost immedietly be attacked by some marines or something. And luffy see his entire crew "powered up" and feels pathetic as captain. So, Rayleigh takes him under and helps him learn haki or hone his devil fruit.

terrorei & Poneglyph420 were recently talking about the "teaching of haki" and I agree with them. We really don't know much about it and whether it can be truly "teachable". If so and one can be trained to a certain extent than I would like that person to be Rayleigh (Senpai off course)...no one else fits the bill for me tbh. Knowing Luffy though, he may just figure it out all by himself over time. :)

Almost chapter 600! Wonder if that is when luffy will join with his crew.. or perhaps he will get to fishman island then...

Chapter 600 where the SH's are officially reunited together again! That would be awesome and a perfect way to celebrate OP's success/achievements over the years imo. 600th chapter...Kanpai!

FluffBall
July 02, 2010, 11:57 PM

maybe he also learn some new moves but we don't know if his crew has powered up cuz there haven't been too many chapters on them if any at all

hdiuy
July 03, 2010, 03:47 AM
I was just thinking and considering how Dadan name was mentioned for years i was hoping Dadan to be more 'explosive' , to be a character that will shock me to the core. But then again its just me.

Schabrak
July 03, 2010, 03:52 AM
I was just thinking and considering how Dadan name was mentioned for years i was hoping Dadan to be more 'explosive' , to be a character that will shock me to the core. But then again its just me.
Shocking in what way? Luffy doesn't need anymore end-game relatives. Her character is very explosive and that's more than enough for me.
Luffy using some Judo related moves would be pretty nice, him hammering them in a unexpected way. Karate should only be used by a Fishmen and the long-arm chinese people should be able to use some Kung Fu related martial arts.

mars0103
July 03, 2010, 04:46 AM
I hav been reading the chapter before they got seperated we know that hachi and carie are going to take them down to FMI. the starfish what said that he could make them she the princess. I have a filling that the princess is related to luffy just because oda does some big things have big arc that are not flashbacks. so the end of the 2nd chapter the straw hats see the princess of FMI. 3rd chapter shown.

bittman
July 03, 2010, 08:01 AM
I did forget, but now that you've all reminded me: I am looking forward to Fishman Island arc.

I wonder who the big emotional anchor of this arc will be? Since the last emotional anchor was Luffy in this whole "Save Ace arc" (or WB War arc if you will), I doubt he will follow it up again.

I'm hoping Hacchi honestly. Even though the emotional anchor is typically a Strawhat (or future SH) and I do like the idea of Hacchi the SH (but no-one else does because he doesn't have sexy legs and haki), there is still a very real possibilty that the emotional anchor is a non-SH character.

And to give examples of what I mean by emotional anchor:
Arlong Park Arc - Nami (SH)
Drum Island Arc - Choppper (future-SH)
Alabasta Arc - Vivi (temp-SH)
Skypeia Arc - Waipa/Wiper (not SH)
W7 / EL Arc - Robin (SH) + Franky (future-SH)
Thriller Bark Arc - Brooke (future-SH)
Save Ace Arc (Shabondy to end of war) - Luffy (SH)

Waipa is debatable...I never did like that arc as much anyway. Also to note: emotional anchors are usually (read: 100% of the time) the ones based in the flashbacks of the arc.

Razh
July 03, 2010, 10:02 AM
Waipa is debatable...I never did like that arc as much anyway. Also to note: emotional anchors are usually (read: 100% of the time) the ones based in the flashbacks of the arc.

Waipa, Ganfall and Montblanc could all fit the role.

As for Fishman Island, I'd say it's going to be Jinbei most likely. He is sort of a leader there, and if Fishman Island, say, get's under pressure by WG, you don't need to guess twice who is going to be under pressure the most.
Plus we could get an expanded version of the history of Pirates of the Sun. Small bits of it were already given on Amazon Lily. And since SH are bound to go through FI anyway, that's the best place to find out about Fisher Tiger and all that happened after.

It would be pretty lame if we don't find out anything about that on FI, but instead, some random fishman tells the story half way through the New World. - Not gonna happen.

hdiuy
July 03, 2010, 11:09 AM
Shocking in what way? Luffy doesn't need anymore end-game relatives. Her character is very explosive and that's more than enough for me.

Its kinda hard to explain. Its just that i envision Dadan to be a much more fearsome character and someone who has more power. I'm not sure in what way to be shocking but i thought that Dadan should be a much more impressive character.

Oni Giri
July 03, 2010, 11:52 AM
i think dadan has become very interesting character. i'd probably throw up if she was big mom

terrorei
July 03, 2010, 12:17 PM
It was mentioned that FI was claimed to be WBs territory and was also protected by him. Maybe the next Arc will about the aftermath for FI. Since WB is dead and the Jimbei will be striped his Shichibukai title, so there is most likely hell right now.
After all its the only pass for the Pirates to get to the new World, without having to lose their ship, or to have to pass near the Marine HQ and the Red Line.
Through I don't know exactly what kind of defense an Underwater Island has, but since the protection of WB was already needed once, means there are ways to attack and endanger the FI.
So lets see what Oda prepared for the Fishman Island.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 03, 2010, 12:20 PM
I don't think she is a Big Mom. Dadan is rather weak. She wasn't a match to that pirate during the fire in Grey Terminal, so she can't be that powerful. I expect a Big Mom to be Lola's mother who now lives in New World.

Razh
July 03, 2010, 12:50 PM
It was mentioned that FI was claimed to be WBs territory and was also protected by him. Maybe the next Arc will about the aftermath for FI. Since WB is dead and the Jimbei will be striped his Shichibukai title, so there is most likely hell right now.
After all its the only pass for the Pirates to get to the new World, without having to lose their ship, or to have to pass near the Marine HQ and the Red Line.
Through I don't know exactly what kind of defense an Underwater Island has, but since the protection of WB was already needed once, means there are ways to attack and endanger the FI.
So lets see what Oda prepared for the Fishman Island.

Fishman Island should be more afraid of WG than pirates. Fishman Island is the only way for pirates to go to and from New World. I bet the only real reason WG didn't touch it is because they didn't want to provoke WB. Sure, there's Jinbei, but he was less significant. Now that he has rebelled against WG, they are bound to make a move towards Fishman Island. It's one weakness that they can't oversee.
Plus, I bet Tenryuubito still haven't forgotten Fisher Tiger's insult.

So I guess I'm predicting that Luffy will get to fight a vice-admiral on Fishman Island and SH will get to show whatever they picked up. Hopefully not everything.

EDIT: And seriously, how bout not putting Big Mom and Dadan in the same sentence ever again. It was obvious before, and even more so now that we've seen Dadan is still a mountain bandit, not a mountain bandit/pirate emperor.

mars0103
July 03, 2010, 01:13 PM
Fishman Island should be more afraid of WG than pirates. Fishman Island is the only way for pirates to go to and from New World. I bet the only real reason WG didn't touch it is because they didn't want to provoke WB. Sure, there's Jinbei, but he was less significant. Now that he has rebelled against WG, they are bound to make a move towards Fishman Island. It's one weakness that they can't oversee.
Plus, I bet Tenryuubito still haven't forgotten Fisher Tiger's insult.

So I guess I'm predicting that Luffy will get to fight a vice-admiral on Fishman Island and SH will get to show whatever they picked up. Hopefully not everything.

EDIT: And seriously, how bout not putting Big Mom and Dadan in the same sentence ever again. It was obvious before, and even more so now that we've seen Dadan is still a mountain bandit, not a mountain bandit/pirate emperor.

I think if that happened i think the there should be 9 VA's on the island because one for each SH that would show there progresion and would in theroy make FMI there territie. I still think a big WFT moment will happen on FMI.

Maybe it will be a rematch with reddog with his level of haki and battling exp that would be a cool fight.

Razh
July 03, 2010, 01:46 PM
I think if that happened i think the there should be 9 VA's on the island because one for each SH that would show there progresion and would in theroy make FMI there territie. I still think a big WFT moment will happen on FMI.

And it would also make the manga retarded. Don't be insulted, but there's no way each SH can beat a vice admiral. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji, yes, others, no waaaay.
If Oda actually decided to make each SH fight a vice-admiral (ad coincidentally there would exactly be 9 of them), then I would seriously believe that Oda went through a lobotomy.

mars0103
July 03, 2010, 02:28 PM
And it would also make the manga retarded. Don't be insulted, but there's no way each SH can beat a vice admiral. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji, yes, others, no waaaay.
If Oda actually decided to make each SH fight a vice-admiral (ad coincidentally there would exactly be 9 of them), then I would seriously believe that Oda went through a lobotomy.

Ya think is a very valid point we know that most a if i use a leveling term (captain class no bleach jokes) they are at that stage. Brooke could take on a VA i think but ya your right.

I'm not retarded the new word now is scoped (sorry if you understand were retard come from that will make sence)

Jorge D. Dragon
July 03, 2010, 03:41 PM
Now only Luffy can take out a Vice-Admiral, but also not the strongest, cause their level obviously is different. But niether Zorro no Sanji can be near this level soon. So I can't see every SH fight Vice Admirals on equal terms.

llamapie
July 03, 2010, 04:30 PM
Give Oda some credit. The guy is creative, its difficult to make accurate predictions. Each SH is exceptional at what they specialize in, that much is known. Basically Sanji could go leaps and bounds if he learns haki control, hell even Luffy and Zoro would.

An arc about haki is gonna have to come up soon and I think Luffy is gonna ask Rayleigh to train him. Luffy has to grow up and realize some things he will need help to learn.

terrorei
July 03, 2010, 06:56 PM
Razh: I watched not to mention any fraction, since It could be Pirates or WG.
I know what you mean its obvious there are many pros for the WG to control Fishman Island, but you also have to consider that may prioritize other Areas. For example is Garp back at Goa Kingdom (East Blue) to ensure the safety of this Island, it could be that Marines trying to calm down the Worldseas so that Pirated don't even reach the Grandline. Simply said they may have other things to do that are easier to accomplish and have the same effect.

Poneglyph420
July 03, 2010, 09:37 PM
Well things will likely remain unstable for some time.
The Marines are or have been up til now "The Strong Arm" of the WG, and while their losses were minor in the scope of things... They have been weakened for sure. But beyond that the 3 Bastions of the WG's control have recently been compromised or destroyed. I suspect that the WG will change the way the Marines function within the WG. Perhaps we will see more use of the Pacifista in use. Especially in the GL and the NW.

But FI IMO will end up being a total war zone. If I remember correctly, WB had protected the island.. So I'm sure Pirates, Slave Drivers, Criminals and the WG alike have their eyes on Fishman Island.. Sure hope Jinbei is able to get things under control...

Dark_Stryker
July 03, 2010, 11:13 PM
maybe he also learn some new moves but we don't know if his crew has powered up cuz there haven't been too many chapters on them if any at all

If you've been reading/viewing the covers of the chapters in the beginning of the save Ace arc, you'll see the other SH's stories and it also kind of shows they powered up. Frankie's is probably the most obvious as it shows him finding vegapunk's old lab and we get to assume he did some more modifications to himself. Nami learned more about the wind and its power on sky island and so on. The only real member that wasn't really shown powering up (aside from luffy) was Zoror and thats just because the guy needed a long est which is exactly what he got. Also it kind of seems as if he learned some stuff too or at least fought other an other swordsman.

and llamapie... definitely. Oda is always going around throwing plot lines that will mess up or go completely against predictions. i mean for example Ace's death... like come on who could have anticipated that.

Also do you guys think it's possible for Zoro to learn about Haki by himself? I mean we know that Luffy's got the king's haki but I'm pretty sure Zoro will have his own kind of haki. Not as powerful as the king's but certainly above usual and something that will make him even more formidable. Zoro's got that 6 handed, 3 faced demon thing of his so perhaps he has some sort of Demon Haki we haven't been introduced to yet.

Fox666
July 03, 2010, 11:39 PM
In the manga Zoro is shown meeting an shadow holding a sword.

The anime filler show who that shadow is, if interest you...

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/753/26168564.th.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/753/26168564.jpg) http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1201/57416609.th.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1201/57416609.jpg) http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/466/16358409.th.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/466/16358409.jpg)

Personally I don't like that, as the manga suggests there would be someone to train/fight Zoro...

Zoro also may get something from Perona. His weak point is his lack of sense of direction, which Persona is good at with her Devil Fruit...

neomaster121
July 04, 2010, 03:53 AM

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/753/26168564.th.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/753/26168564.jpg) http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1201/57416609.th.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1201/57416609.jpg) http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/466/16358409.th.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/466/16358409.jpg)

Personally I don't like that, as the manga suggests there would be someone to train/fight Zoro...

Zoro also may get something from Perona. His weak point is his lack of sense of direction, which Persona is good at with her Devil Fruit...

well i have to disagree with you i personally thought only thing perona would do would be to help strength his will/allow him to cut the ghoast aka a breath moment made stronger/ more controlled

they show a shadowed face it still could be anyone probably not a women though
and there still is someone to fight Zoro in fact its several different people/beast to fight Zoro i don't get your first statement as the anime seems to go in the same direction as the manga cover

Razh
July 04, 2010, 05:09 AM

The cover story doesn't really suggest anything. Just a dude, standing there with a sword.
I'm pretty sure what you call anime fillers envision more or less exactly what Oda imagined. It's obvious that he made the story for each of the SH, but has only shown parts in cover stories. Why wouldn't he share it with the animators? It would create possible plot holes later if they just made it up. So I think it was all planned.
We should probably take it as canon, more or less.

Kaizokuou
July 04, 2010, 07:55 AM
Arlong Park Arc - Nami (SH)
Drum Island Arc - Choppper (future-SH)
Alabasta Arc - Vivi (temp-SH)
Skypeia Arc - Waipa/Wiper (not SH)
W7 / EL Arc - Robin (SH) + Franky (future-SH)
Thriller Bark Arc - Brooke (future-SH)
Save Ace Arc (Shabondy to end of war) - Luffy (SH)

Wow, that's a pretty great way of looking at each arc, had never thot of it that way. I did really love Skypeia the second time I watched OP, tho it does stand out as the one without a strong link to the main story (well, and Davy Back Fight I guess, haha). Another possible addtion might be Brogy and Dorry from the Little Garden portion, they had a nice flashback.

hunter291
July 04, 2010, 11:07 AM
i just want to say that alvida will be a future member of the sh :P mark my words. maybe she arrives on the island of women and joins up with luffy. i dont know, but sometime in one piece, alvida will be a sh :P

Fox666
July 04, 2010, 02:39 PM
The cover story doesn't really suggest anything. Just a dude, standing there with a sword.Hmm, you may be right about that.

I'm pretty sure what you call anime fillers envision more or less exactly what Oda imagined. It's obvious that he made the story for each of the SH, but has only shown parts in cover stories. Why wouldn't he share it with the animators? It would create possible plot holes later if they just made it up. So I think it was all planned.
We should probably take it as canon, more or less.Well, I doubt that... Chopper is a babysitter in his filler episode, and fillers always have a child that need care. Also, Robin episode seems to not match the manga counter-part...

mars0103
July 04, 2010, 03:21 PM
I was just thinking in chapter 600 something big is going to happen will it be fmi or could it be the return of sabo. I think the next chapter is going to be hancock explaining haki to luffy I think.

k-dom
July 04, 2010, 04:13 PM
Hmm, you may be right about that.
Well, I doubt that... Chopper is a babysitter in his filler episode, and fillers always have a child that need care. Also, Robin episode seems to not match the manga counter-part...

That's not entirely true, if you looked back the episodes, from the 2 stories, one was filler like and the other revealed something
- nami/franky -> franky was filler while it was revealed nami stayed to learn weatheria technology
- chopper/sanji -> chopper was filler, sanji... was quite a huge debate
- robin/usopp -> robin filler, usopp revealed he was on a carnivor island
- brook/zoro -> brook was not that filler but zoro revealed the shadow were beasts.

Anyway like razh said I don't think the anime can afford 8 plot holes and i see more these episodes as a compensation for making the fans wait so long for the strawhat return by giving them new material. If we see them next week the timing is perfect

ShiroPhoenix
July 04, 2010, 07:28 PM
I think if that happened i think the there should be 9 VA's on the island

lol for the entire crew I believe one is more then enough, I have seen many debates about vice admiral's vs the straw hat crew and imo they are all useless seeing as there is more then enough evidence that not even luffy may be on a vice admiral's level. Most notable fact is when he tried going against momonga and was basically pwn'd the same for the dalmatian vice admiral also (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/567/08/). Another fact would be that drake was once a rear admiral and you could say he's at/close to luffy's level which makes it more then obvious that if someone in the straw hat can beat a vice admiral then luffy can maybe defeat one of the weaker ones

elitefox
July 05, 2010, 03:21 AM
lol for the entire crew I believe one is more then enough, I have seen many debates about vice admiral's vs the straw hat crew and imo they are all useless seeing as there is more then enough evidence that not even luffy may be on a vice admiral's level. Most notable fact is when he tried going against momonga and was basically pwn'd the same for the dalmatian vice admiral also (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/567/08/). Another fact would be that drake was once a rear admiral and you could say he's at/close to luffy's level which makes it more then obvious that if someone in the straw hat can beat a vice admiral then luffy can maybe defeat one of the weaker ones

if you can consider a beaten up, energy down, no rest Luffy that has been defeated after encoutering like 10 strong soldiers already not counting the fodders vs 2 fresh VC then Luffy would loose.

It was only his will thats making him stand up, no more, no less. :oh

Well being a VC doesn't really guarantee you are strong.

all straw hats vs V.C. GARP, I don't think they will win but they'll surely will injure garp somehow
[hr]

For starters, it is really hard to invent moves for a rubberman, I can't of anything anymore lol

gomu gomu sword?
gomu gomu slap?

:D:D:D

I wonder how many gomu gomu moves Oda has reserved/think off :eyeroll

redzrae
July 05, 2010, 05:25 AM
guyz look at this! http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/02/ the one who holds the pen and the journal!! ITS SABO AND HE IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!! he is now on shaboandy archipelago.. Oda's tricked won't fool me now haha!!

Xerous
July 05, 2010, 05:32 AM
i'm not following he doesn't look like sabo

ShiroPhoenix
July 05, 2010, 06:31 AM
lol yeah I don't remember him wanting to be a journalist
[hr]

if you can consider a beaten up, energy down, no rest Luffy that has been defeated after encoutering like 10 strong soldiers already not counting the fodders vs 2 fresh VC then Luffy would loose.

It was only his will thats making him stand up, no more, no less. :oh

Well being a VC doesn't really guarantee you are strong.

all straw hats vs V.C. GARP, I don't think they will win but they'll surely will injure garp somehow

Well you pretty much just answered your question he was too weak to even make his way to the vice admirals let alone get past them even though they were versing a bunch of pirates also. Also XD garp can be injured by them?? they will first need to learn how to damage an admiral before moving up to him

llamapie
July 05, 2010, 06:59 AM
guyz look at this! http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/02/ the one who holds the pen and the journal!! ITS SABO AND HE IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!! he is now on shaboandy archipelago.. Oda's tricked won't fool me now haha!!

Lol That dude is way too old to be Sabo and doesn't look like him at all. >,>

ngsertar
July 05, 2010, 07:58 AM
lol yeah I don't remember him wanting to be a journalist
<hr noshade size="1">

Well you pretty much just answered your question he was too weak to even make his way to the vice admirals let alone get past them even though they were versing a bunch of pirates also. Also XD garp can be injured by them?? they will first need to learn how to damage an admiral before moving up to him

The garp discussion is pointless. Cause ppl are pulling every silly detail which could have influence. And the important details come from Oda.
The point is why Luffy was "weak". So i am asking, did u read the impel down chapters? And i do remeber a detail which Mihawk said when he noticed everyone fights for Luffy : thats the most fearing power out there...even before knowing he has the kings disposition...Damn Luffy the wuss with no power...have some patience, we shall see how things work out, cause i dont remember hearing Roger killing everbody...

ShiroPhoenix
July 05, 2010, 08:09 AM
The garp discussion is pointless. Cause ppl are pulling every silly detail which could have influence. And the important details come from Oda.
The point is why Luffy was "weak". So i am asking, did u read the impel down chapters? .

That's a simple reply did you read the chapter where he was shot full of hormones to forget such things as fatigue?? bottom line is luffy entered that war in top notch strength thanks to ivankov so when he was injured on his way to the VA's and injured from the VA's it was all due to him being weak. Also the influences are from oda so there is no way you can ignore them such as garp turning down promotions "again" (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565.5/03/) or his title "hero of the marines" and the best one really is the pirate king himself saying that him and garp have almost killed each other many times (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/05/), so from just these things which come from oda it's safe to assume that he is at an admirals strength if not higher

abc1233
July 05, 2010, 03:26 PM
That's a simple reply did you read the chapter where he was shot full of hormones to forget such things as fatigue?? bottom line is luffy entered that war in top notch strength thanks to ivankov so when he was injured on his way to the VA's and injured from the VA's it was all due to him being weak. Also the influences are from oda so there is no way you can ignore them such as garp turning down promotions "again" (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565.5/03/) or his title "hero of the marines" and the best one really is the pirate king himself saying that him and garp have almost killed each other many times (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/05/), so from just these things which come from oda it's safe to assume that he is at an admirals strength if not higher

oh please, he was nowhere near top-notch condition. The hormones are only a short-term solution, and I think you're underestimating the time it took for luffy and the others to get from impel down to marinford and what luffy had been through prior to marinford. Also, only a chapter after he gets hit by the vice-admirals, he asks iva for another shot of hormones. If he was already in top-notch condition and felt no fatigue, why ask for more hormones? The first shot were either wearing off or they were largely ineffective on their own, in which case luffy was not in top-knotch condition and it is ludicrous to suggest otherwise

mr.danly
July 05, 2010, 05:09 PM
oh please, he was nowhere near top-notch condition. The hormones are only a short-term solution, and I think you're underestimating the time it took for luffy and the others to get from impel down to marinford and what luffy had been through prior to marinford. Also, only a chapter after he gets hit by the vice-admirals, he asks iva for another shot of hormones. If he was already in top-notch condition and felt no fatigue, why ask for more hormones? The first shot were either wearing off or they were largely ineffective on their own, in which case luffy was not in top-knotch condition and it is ludicrous to suggest otherwise

agreed. saying that he's in top-notch condition entering the war is to forget that he was poisoned to the point of near death, and got the sh*t kicked out of him on every level of impel down. Do you think you would be perfectly fine after getting beaten up and then taking amphetamines immediately afterward or something? Hormones can mask your pain and injuries, not completely eradicate them.

Dekker
July 05, 2010, 05:44 PM
What would it have changed for him? Does not matter at all if he was at 100% or at 50%. The admirals would steamroll him anyway. About the vice admirals, who knows.

Bugzee
July 05, 2010, 06:28 PM
I have a feeling that next chapter we'll get some kind of indication or even a slight confirmation on what Jinbei's intentions are for the future; most likely travelling to Fishmen Island by the way things have panned out so far imo. *No future SH :crying* I certainly hope Luffy starts figuring out what the best way is to reunite with the SH's. SA still seems to be a very vulnerable/dangerous place to meet up, but then again since the WG are so screwed atm it may be a perfect opportunity to go there lol!? Rayleigh is the key and I can see Oda including some panels of him in the next 2-3 chapters.

I guess we'll get some panels showing us the current situation on SA with a few shots of Rayleigh, possibly?

ScorpionGR
July 05, 2010, 07:13 PM
from this chapter oda gave us a hint about jinbei to be the next strawhat member .... i am saying this because ace told to him to take care of his brother ..... what i think is when strawhats get on fishman island they gonna rule the island and protect it and then jinbei gonna have 2 reasons to be with the strawhats and more important he is more experienced in the fight and they gonna have advantage because of the water "sea" they need strong crew after all in the NEW WORLD

terrorei
July 05, 2010, 07:16 PM
Rayligh showed that he isn't only stonk but also have brain. The only thing Luffy and his Crew has to do is following the Vivecard. Rayligh made all preparation that are needed to assure SHs safety.
I think Luffy if fully recovered would have been on the same lvl as an average ViceAdmiral. Zoro also once in good condition would be on the same strenghlvl than an low Skilled ViceAdmiral. But this is just my assumption.

Bugzee
July 05, 2010, 07:17 PM
You definitely highlighted some key points there, ScorpionGR! I sure hope you're right about Jinbei. :amuse

We got Luffy's response in regards to his nakama and how important they are to him, I think it would only befitting if we got the rest of the SH's "reply" if you like. I sure hope Oda includes a quick one shot-double spread of all the rest of the SH's and there whereabouts atm. Now that would be awesome imo. :nod *At the very least*

ScorpionGR
July 05, 2010, 07:40 PM
thanks ~Buggy*Fly~ for the nice words of you ... im not 100% sure about jinbei but they need an man/woman with experience in the crew for the grand entrance in the new world i hope to be from the fishman island the new crew member.... all the way until now luffy was too lucky he was saved to many times in the past but that won't happend for long so the strawhats now they are getting power up .... hope to see the strawhats in this upcoming chapter damn you oda why you are not going to make us that favour

Uriel
July 05, 2010, 09:18 PM
I don't know...as I think that Jimbei will act as Ace, and He was surely not a SH. With this I mean that Jimbei WILL take care of Luffy, but wont join him, just aid him when he needs.
I actually think SH will find a new member on Fishman Island, though, thanks to Jimbei.

kh2masta
July 05, 2010, 10:10 PM
if someone joins what would there profression be? i want hancock to join but whats her dream and if jimbei joins what his dream?

p.s you guys know name and robin were both slaves. could be a hint to who would be joining:eyeroll

deprince69
July 05, 2010, 10:28 PM
if someone joins what would there profression be? i want hancock to join but whats her dream and if jimbei joins what his dream?

p.s you guys know name and robin were both slaves. could be a hint to who would be joining:eyeroll

robin wasn't a slave but was always running away and didn't have a place, she was a fugitive she basically had to do whatever she had to survive... and who is "name"

kh2masta
July 05, 2010, 10:31 PM
robin wasn't a slave but was always running away and didn't have a place, she was a fugitive she basically had to do whatever she had to survive... and who is "name"

but what about the place she was before the revolutionary army saved her.

shibigoku
July 05, 2010, 10:34 PM
I hope Oda starts showing the SH making their way back to the Thousand Sunny. Whether it's in chapters or in panels, it would be fine for me.

jimm120
July 05, 2010, 10:48 PM
I hope Oda starts showing the SH making their way back to the Thousand Sunny. Whether it's in chapters or in panels, it would be fine for me.

yeah...these past few chapters were nice "extras" to set the mood and to show how much of an inner turmoil this has been for Luffy....but man, we really want to get on with it and see what's up with the crew (who have been missing through the Inpel Down arc, the Whitebeard war arc, and now this little "inbetween" arc).

But the last chapter hinted at this being the end of this "aftermath" arc (which was all about Luffy's feelings). So, I expect there to be:

-Info on what Luffy will do
-How they'll get there
-Get ready to leave

now, if Kishi (kidding...Oda!) decides to move it faster, hopefully we'll see:

-How luffy will leave
-Depart the island
-Show info on the other strawhats

but this one requires more ...but I hope its that so we can move on.

I think we should all go tell oda to write 50 pages per issue.

ShiroPhoenix
July 05, 2010, 11:14 PM

lol did you even read anything about a chapter?? or do you just come out and say it because if you did read the impel down arc you would of seen "There is an aftereffect 24 hours after being injected with this hormone" how is that a few hours?, also why he asked for more?? it's more simple then the last question because he was ummm stabbed, impaled with shigan, shot through with lazer beam and then kicked with kizarus kick but no you're right I'm sure that did nothing and it was the hormones "that wore off". Also the time it took them to get to marineford? yes your right let's see how luffy looked when he was heading to marineford:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/05/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/07/

Worst condition I have ever seen him in (sarcasm), the hormones once again "fool your body" you don't know anything you just feel in top strength shot full with adrenaline

strawhatsx
July 05, 2010, 11:56 PM
man.. when was the last time we heard from these guys... just shows how much of one piece theres left.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/233/16-17/

abc1233
July 06, 2010, 01:20 AM
lol did you even read anything about a chapter?? or do you just come out and say it because if you did read the impel down arc you would of seen "There is an aftereffect 24 hours after being injected with this hormone" how is that a few hours?, also why he asked for more?? it's more simple then the last question because he was ummm stabbed, impaled with shigan, shot through with lazer beam and then kicked with kizarus kick but no you're right I'm sure that did nothing and it was the hormones "that wore off". Also the time it took them to get to marineford? yes your right let's see how luffy looked when he was heading to marineford:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/05/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/07/

Worst condition I have ever seen him in (sarcasm), the hormones once again "fool your body" you don't know anything you just feel in top strength shot full with adrenaline

this is the first time I've seen someone use the argument that since someone can stand, they can definitely fight to the best of their ability.

Yes, I have read the chapters thank you very much, but maybe I missed the part where it is stated that hormones allow you to fight in top-knotch condition, please link me to this page :eyeroll

btw, look at this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/567/07/

just from the expression on luffy's face along with the words in the middle panel should show you that he was far from top-knotch condition, and arguing against that is idiotic.

kidopitz27
July 06, 2010, 03:14 AM
i hope the straw hat crews will change their clothes like in One Piece: Unlimited Cruise or One Piece: Unlimited Adventure will be like WOW that outfit is kick ass!

Arkadi
July 06, 2010, 03:26 AM
all i'm hoping for is sanji to keep his carachter in tact. ;D

ShiroPhoenix
July 06, 2010, 03:48 AM
this is the first time I've seen someone use the argument that since someone can stand, they can definitely fight to the best of their ability.

Yes, I have read the chapters thank you very much, but maybe I missed the part where it is stated that hormones allow you to fight in top-knotch condition, please link me to this page :eyeroll

btw, look at this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/567/07/

just from the expression on luffy's face along with the words in the middle panel should show you that he was far from top-knotch condition, and arguing against that is idiotic.

Wow you know what would be idiotic forgetting that he is in a war??? oh wait he was bleeding like that before he arrived right?? the vice admirals were in the middle of the battlefield and weren't injured, him being injured was a result to him being weak or like them he would of been as healthy as he was when he arrived. Also I can't believe you keep thinking he was in a bad condition when he arrived at marineford, he wasn't just "talking" if he was really so beat he wouldn't be bitching around with buggy or in such a happy mood he would be on the floor just like the enies lobby arc. Just like then he defeated a thousand soldiers, fought blueno and entered his battle with lucci and if you deny that luffy wasn't fighting him in a good condition then who would be the idiotic one. He had plenty of rest time on his way to marineford and I doubt he is going to be worn out just from battling a few hundred guards and running from magellan. Also seeing as you are still not getting it into your head here is your little evidence of what these hormones really do:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/15/

oh that's right he looks so beat and how long does the hormones last again? oh yeah for a day so that would mean he was in top notch condition? :eyeroll

sage mode
July 06, 2010, 05:21 AM
It is like Cocaine. You feel way better but if your Body isn´t in good shape, you can´t fight with 100%. So Luffy didn´t fight with 100%.

Schabrak
July 06, 2010, 05:31 AM
ShiroPhoenix and abc1233 How about moving to the Convo thread,
since that topic isn't a current one, not after two weeks of regeneration.

What's given is:
Adrenaline boost -> Energy Boost
Won't feel fatigue -> isn't quiet true, as he was down again pretty fast at MF

But though he wont feel any fatigue, it doesn't stop him from getting weaker after every battle or being in pain. Being pushed by drugs doesn't make him a fully rested fighter, but one thinking he is.

EDIT: lol sage mode, took me to long to write :P

Szaman
July 06, 2010, 06:41 AM
Do my eyes see right? I Luffy counting to TEN while remembering his crew?

ScorpionGR
July 06, 2010, 06:54 AM
yeah is counting and the ship .. Thousand Sunny ... looool . I don't want to get a training arc .. like narutoooo it's too boring .. i want luffy to get stronger in a fight . I liked the way when he fought with Cipher Pol 9 for the second time something like that i want to happen !!!

Oni Giri
July 06, 2010, 09:10 AM
i hope the next chapter starts like "two weeks later...in Sabaody Archipelago"

Totsch
July 06, 2010, 09:29 AM
I'm starting to wonder if hebihime is going to step in and explain haki to him. He's on an island full of haki users, it'd make the most sense that the next step is him receiving some form of knowledge about the haki at least. Training hasn't really been the authors way of doing things so far, but the main character is finally at a point where he's being hindered from advancement because he can't just use his brute force anymore.

Uriel
July 06, 2010, 09:31 AM
More than training Haki, I think it will be explained a bit.

topkomputer
July 06, 2010, 09:46 AM
That would be perfect!

I don't think so. Since Law is holding Luffy's hat and the kuja queen, you know...

RAhul.R
July 06, 2010, 10:16 AM
hi i think there is a chance this guy Trafalgar Law is Sabo .he come to help luffy and cap is also there .what u guys think?

27raven
July 06, 2010, 11:07 AM
hi i think there is a chance this guy Trafalgar Law is Sabo .he come to help luffy and cap is also there .what u guys think?

Nah i don't think so.. when you look at both of them the only similarity is the hat.. Also i think Trafalgar is from North Blue, isn't he?

deffkryz
July 06, 2010, 11:27 AM
Um... I just got my attention on it but ... where's Garp's apprentice Bogart? He sure has a lack of screentime recently, doesn't he? o_O