PDA

View Full Version : Character Dragon Thread

Lord Rayleigh
June 29, 2010, 04:33 PM
People have been talking about Dragon for a long time, and I think it's high time to open a thread dedicated to the leader of the Revolutionary Army.

So let's begin by talking about his powers. Of course, we can talk about anything about Dragon in this thread.

A lot of people have said Dragon has got a Devil Fruit :

Wind Logia
Weather Paramecia
Dragon Mythological Zoan

The wind and sometimes the rough weather have been associated to Dragon - in Logue Town, in Ivankov's flashback, in the Goa Kingdom flashback.
I bet that Dragon is a Storm man, so that he ate a paramecia. It would explain the strong wind he seems to be able to summon (Logue Town, Goa Kingdom) and also the lightning (Logue Town) and the heavy rains (Logue Town, Roger's execution).

I can't believe he's eaten a logia since I don't find any relevant one for all these abilities he would have shown.
I also noticed that Dragon could be injured during Goa Kingdom's times. See there (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/587/15/) he's got a bandage. And he was fine (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/586/19/) some hours before.

Samui
June 29, 2010, 04:47 PM
As for the dragon Zoan, in some legends, dragon can affect weather.

How old do you think he is, BTW?

Lord Rayleigh
June 29, 2010, 05:04 PM
What we know about Dragon is that he belongs to the generation who witnessed Roger's execuction :

Buggy : ? - probably like Shanks
Shanks : 37
Crocodile : 44
Doflamingo : 39
Mihawk : 41
Moria : 48

I would say Dragon is in his fourties. In Chapter 0, he seemed older than Mihawks and Shanks. So I would say that he's around Crocodile's age.

Bloodwinter
June 29, 2010, 05:20 PM
What we know about Dragon is that he belongs to the generation who witnessed Roger's execuction :

Buggy : ? - probably like Shanks
Shanks : 37
Crocodile : 44
Doflamingo : 39
Mihawk : 41
Moria : 48

I would say Dragon is in his fourties. In Chapter 0, he seemed older than Mihawks and Shanks. So I would say that he's around Crocodile's age.

You know I'd actually deduced that from just looking at Garp and Dragon's looks 20 years ago, as well as Luffy's current age. Do you think he possesses a palpable level of Haki being that he was able to force Smoker off of Luffy with much ease? He also showed absolutely no fear of being captured by Smoker despite is strength / Logia Devil Fruit /reputation. He also had no Nakama to rely on at that point as he was alone so obviously he felt comfortable taking on every single one of them in Loguetown.

I would agree with the paramecia assessment but how exactly did he get to Loguetown if there wasn't a single unidentified ship in the harbor? Then again, other types of fruits don't exactly grant you teleportation. Though versions of it can be seen in Kuma, Enel, and Kizaru's case, the length at which these abilities span is arguable being that they were only really used in battle on the same island. So it's not that I disagree, I'm just skeptic of what his powers can actually be.

Poneglyph420
June 29, 2010, 05:31 PM
I've always thought that Dragon was very much like Vegapunk a man given his (fan based) popularity due to the mystery around him.. But I'd suspect he'd be around the same age as Croc. or BB I guess.

I'm also curious if he has Haoushoku Haki like his son or what.?.
From what we have seen it can be estimated that he's likely capable and strong willed. But still we haven't seen him really take on anyone in a head to head fight. No doubt Dragon could likely face most opponents and emerge victorious, but he's still unquantified IMO.

The Dragon Mythic DF does seem a bit cliche but would make the most sense with the exception of a weather fruit IMO.
Japanese Dragon's are generally mysterious creatures who have control over the wind and weather... And builds the mystique too eh!?

I'm really looking forward to seeing Dragon and Luffy meet as well.

Razh
June 29, 2010, 07:03 PM
Please, just write air logia, for the love of god...

Dasbones
June 29, 2010, 09:11 PM
I think that it is highly likely that the Haushoku Haki is genetic, at least to a degree. Because of Dragon's influence and apparent charisma, it seems only natural that he would have that kind of Haki.

As for his power, it seems that a weather-based fruit would make sense, since the lougetown incident showed a very sudden change and weather, and favorable wind for the Strawhats. Although, it could be his Haki, but that would be silly :P.
The main advantage of a weather based logia would not be as such in a one-on-one fight, but Dragon is leading the Revolutionary army, smacking an enemy's base with a hurricane, causing a tidal wave, controlling the wind so that your entire force's ships gain an advantage on the sea, Dragon would be an invaluable asset to any army.

I can't believe he's eaten a logia since I don't find any relevant one for all these abilities he would have shown.
I also noticed that Dragon could be injured during Goa Kingdom's times. See there (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/587/15/) he's got a bandage.
I don't see any bandage...

Lord Rayleigh
June 30, 2010, 06:12 AM
I don't see any bandage...
You must be right. In the top panel, Dragon looks like he's got a bandage on the face but I guess I was wrong. It's just bad drawn.

chess4
June 30, 2010, 09:06 AM
People have been talking about Dragon for a long time, and I think it's high time to open a thread dedicated to the leader of the Revolutionary Army.

So let's begin by talking about his powers. Of course, we can talk about anything about Dragon in this thread.

A lot of people have said Dragon has got a Devil Fruit :

Wind Logia
Weather Paramecia
Dragon Mythological Zoan

The wind and sometimes the rough weather have been associated to Dragon - in Logue Town, in Ivankov's flashback, in the Goa Kingdom flashback.
I bet that Dragon is a Storm man, so that he ate a paramecia. It would explain the strong wind he seems to be able to summon (Logue Town, Goa Kingdom) and also the lightning (Logue Town) and the heavy rains (Logue Town, Roger's execution).

I also noticed that Dragon could be injured during Goa Kingdom's times. See there (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/587/15/) he's got a bandage. And he was fine (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/586/19/) some hours before.

i think he had recently gotten the tats on his face. tatoo artist put protective covery of fresh tatooes. good eye though cause i didnt even pay attention 2 that. either way, im sure its one of those you named earlier.

in my opinion i thinks its going to be the mythical dragon fruit. i mean look at dragon, he even looks like one.

Lord Rayleigh
June 30, 2010, 10:25 AM
[/B]i think he had recently gotten the tats on his face. tatoo artist put protective covery of fresh tatooes. good eye though cause i didnt even pay attention 2 that.
That's what I thought the first time but it's impossible since he already had his tatoo when he came to Goa Kingdom and he didn't have any bandage.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/586/19/

After looking to it several times, I'd say it's only bad drawing/scanning.

Dasbones
June 30, 2010, 10:30 AM
You must be right. In the top panel, Dragon looks like he's got a bandage on the face but I guess I was wrong. It's just bad drawn.

Well I didn't know where look, I can see how you thought he had a bandage on his face, his tattoo looks very square on that panel.

ScratchmenApoo
June 30, 2010, 12:30 PM
I consider Dragon to be the current leader of all the people who carry 'The Will of D.' Surely he is a anarchist who wants to take the World Government down to accomplish his own goals and won't stop until he succeeds or dies trying.

I believe he WILL find most (if not all) of the D. people to join his army.
I also think he knows a little about the "Void Century" and that probably was one of the reasons for him to start a career as a Revolutionary.

I also agree that he must have a Devil's Fruit, being such an important character, the most wanted man and with so many 'stormy' hints. Assuming he is able to create thunderstorms, hailstorms, blizzards, hurricanes, tornados - any weather related nature disaster, he will be a very powerful foe to the World Government and adding all of this up - I don't see him losing the final battle (IF it ever comes - victory could be gradual with small battles instead, but to be honest, that would be boring, right?).

Oh, and about the bandage, that's just his tattoo. If you believe to see something, you will see it - If you believe it's a bandage, it's a bandage, except it's not.

chess4
June 30, 2010, 02:24 PM
I consider Dragon to be the current leader of all the people who carry 'The Will of D.' Surely he is a anarchist who wants to take the World Government down to accomplish his own goals and won't stop until he succeeds or dies trying.

I believe he WILL find most (if not all) of the D. people to join his army.
I also think he knows a little about the "Void Century" and that probably was one of the reasons for him to start a career as a Revolutionary.

I also agree that he must have a Devil's Fruit, being such an important character, the most wanted man and with so many 'stormy' hints. Assuming he is able to create thunderstorms, hailstorms, blizzards, hurricanes, tornados - any weather related nature disaster, he will be a very powerful foe to the World Government and adding all of this up - I don't see him losing the final battle (IF it ever comes - victory could be gradual with small battles instead, but to be honest, that would be boring, right?).

Oh, and about the bandage, that's just his tattoo. If you believe to see something, you will see it - If you believe it's a bandage, it's a bandage, except it's not.

thats not saying a lot because there are only 3 others left, his son, father and BB. BB is definitely not joining.

bittman
June 30, 2010, 11:03 PM
Garp also isn't exactly in a rush to switch sides to become a revolutionary.

If anything, I believe that the D. line has become near extinct over the centuries and that Luffy and Blackbeard may be one of the last few with the initial. It would defintiely spice things up a fair bit if it was a very very rare thing, and given Sengoku's reaction at Ace's name with his bounty, we can see that they are at least kept tabs on by the marines.

Nevertheless: quite possible Dragon knows something about the Void Century, or at least is looking into it. We've also gotten hints that, though the WG is maintaining a somewhat acceptable status quo (sure, Tenryuubito are fucked and they are unable to keep check of a lot of pirates, but it's not all bad), there must be something more to it all that the revolutionaries are fighting.

And ever since someone suggested mythical dragon fruit, that's been my favourite theory for his power. Of course, it could be anything mentioned in the first post, and Dragon with a dragon fruit is a bit...well lame, but it's still a nice idea.

Would also be interested in his battle level. Since he is the leader of the revolutionaries, I do expect that he should be able to at least hold his own against someone like Sengoku, but holding your own is not the equivalent of being the same level. Marco could hold his own against Kizaru, but I would never put Kizaru below Marco. Most likely I'd put Dragon closer to the power of the admirals, but whether he is just above them or just below them, I wouldn't be able to guess.

To me...just below one of the admirals level would be good for plot purposes. That's just me looking ahead though and envisaging a Dragon vs Admiral where Luffy or something steps up to the plate after Dragon's loss.

ScratchmenApoo
July 01, 2010, 01:12 AM
thats not saying a lot because there are only 3 others left, his son, father and BB. BB is definitely not joining.

Yeah, I kind of excluded Blackbeard at the point when Whitebeard said that Teach is not the man he was looking for, also known as a true D.

Besides that, do you really think we've been shown all the D.'s in One Piece, considering we have only seen an island or two of the New World ?

I'm pretty sure Dragon has allies there too, and he already has at least one person in his army who also carries a D. within his name.

Dasbones
July 01, 2010, 01:52 AM
Dragon seems more concerned with weakening the world government as of late, since he's already taken a sizable chunk of the south blue, but with the recent war, and the marines and WG forces being stretched thin, this could give him an opportunity to make a big move on territories. This also gives more evidence as to the Weather-based paramecia; since his army is based in the new world (if I remember correctly), and has been very active all around the one piece world. If he can manipulate the winds to the point where his ships can travel great distances with little effort (which would explain his army's mobility).

Still, we know very little about the Revolutionary army, hopefully Ivankov will have a flashback to the start of it, which would also give info on Dragon, Kuma, and perhaps some other major members of the Army, since Ivankov and Inazuma are the only other high ranking members known (that are affiliated anyway.)

EDIT: After some thought, an Air-logia could technically control the weather; mostly dealing with moving pockets of warm air and cool air together, much like what Nami does, but on a much larger scale. Creating tornadoes, hurricanes ect, could be very rudimentary with an Air-logia power, assuming that Weather-control is a 'Gear 2nd' of the Logia, much like Croc's ability to absorb water and moisture would be like a 'Gear 2nd'. I think that a Air Logia is more likely for a man of Dragon's stature compared to a Paramecia, but again; Still just a theory.

mtadd
July 07, 2010, 05:49 PM
This chapter has confirmed it for me that Dragon Has a weather paramecia. Who else would "D" refer to?

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/7

This is followed up by other reasons like the lightning that save luffy in louge town, also how the wind blew perfectly for them.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/99/13
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/99/14/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/20/

Also after reading when we first met garp he told luffy that he met his dad and that he sent him off in louge town.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/432/16

Also the references of the the wind blowing around him.

If Law knows Dragon then it also makes sense of why Law would help Luffy.

Organizized
July 07, 2010, 07:02 PM
This chapter has confirmed it for me that Dragon Has a weather paramecia. Who else would "D" refer to?

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/7

This is followed up by other reasons like the lightning that save luffy in louge town, also how the wind blew perfectly for them.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/99/13
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/99/14/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/20/

Also after reading when we first met garp he told luffy that he met his dad and that he sent him off in louge town.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/432/16

Also the references of the the wind blowing around him.

If Law knows Dragon then it also makes sense of why Law would help Luffy.

Hey, now, there's a rule saying no discussing or mentioning anything from the latest chapter outside the chapter discussion within 48 hours of its release. Read it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41134).

But I don't disagree with the fact that Dragon has a weather/wind/storm devil's fruit. It's pretty much generally accepted among fans now that he does. The question is rather whether he can control the weather or if he just has an Air fruit. Though, as Dasbones noted, with an Air fruit you could probably control the weather, since the weather depends a lot on the changes in air pressure and whatnot.

This also gives more evidence as to the Weather-based paramecia; since his army is based in the new world (if I remember correctly), and has been very active all around the one piece world. If he can manipulate the winds to the point where his ships can travel great distances with little effort (which would explain his army's mobility).

Him controlling the weather all over the world would be a little over the top, though. There has to be some sort of limit, or he'd be the most broken character ever.

Dasbones
July 07, 2010, 09:13 PM
Him controlling the weather all over the world would be a little over the top, though. There has to be some sort of limit, or he'd be the most broken character ever.

Oh I didn't mean that, sorry if I made it seem that way, I simply meant that because of that power he has the ability to lead the charge in many different wars, not at the same time; but he wouldn't need much time in order to go from one place to another(meaning HE would have to be apart of the fleet at all times of course).

A weather power would also allow him to pass through turbulent waters, and the calm belt (That's a big maybe though) without much trouble.

Antares
July 07, 2010, 11:05 PM
Wouldn't it be fun (yet crazily powerful) to actually have Zoan which also grants paramecia-like ability? In a few legends, dragons can control the weather. If Dragon can have that kind of Fruit, than imagine: Zoan is strongest in melee combat, a Dragon is practically the strongest animal possible, hard skin no ordinary weapons could break, fire-breathing (or element-breathing) ability, tremendous power (Lucci's leopard played quite a part in him being so physically powerful, how about dragon's physical power level??? San Juan Wolf level of destruction?)...And as if it's not enough, he can manipulate air's movement and molecules in it, he can create tornadoes, blizzards, lightningstorms, he can even render the air vacuum, making it impossible to breathe, or make powerful pressures similar to Kuma. As if you gain numerous fruits at once. :s

DARK
July 08, 2010, 12:38 AM
I'm one of those people who keeps insisting that Dragon ate a Dragon Mythological Fruit that granted him the access to wind/storm manipulation.

As was mentioned before, Dragon was shown bandaged up in the Goa Kingdom flashback so this means that his abilities, if DF, are not Logia. It is possible that Dragon ate a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit- being able to summon up storms (similar to Magellan's venom powers).

It is possible that Dragon has Haki, but this is only assuming that he is one of the main top-tier characters in the series (placed with the likes of Rayleigh or Shanks). I'm not exactly too sure if it is Haoushoku Haki though, since as of right now, it has only been restricted to the leaders of dangerous pirate crews. Since Dragon is not a pirate but a "revolutionary," for now I'll skip out on that.

I don't think Dragon is going to immediately strike out the WG. At this present moment, he seems concerned about building up his forces and spreading his influence to neighboring islands.

Dasbones
July 08, 2010, 01:59 AM
I'm one of those people who keeps insisting that Dragon ate a Dragon Mythological Fruit that granted him the access to wind/storm manipulation.

As was mentioned before, Dragon was shown bandaged up in the Goa Kingdom flashback so this means that his abilities, if DF, are not Logia. It is possible that Dragon ate a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit- being able to summon up storms (similar to Magellan's venom powers).

There were no bandages, that was his tattoo, unless you could point it out on the page. His powers are still up in the air.

It is possible that Dragon has Haki, but this is only assuming that he is one of the main top-tier characters in the series (placed with the likes of Rayleigh or Shanks). I'm not exactly too sure if it is Haoushoku Haki though, since as of right now, it has only been restricted to the leaders of dangerous pirate crews. Since Dragon is not a pirate but a "revolutionary," for now I'll skip out on that.
I highly doubt Dragon has anything less than Sovereign Haki, since it's only been restricted to characters that are leaders, not just pirate captains. If the Haki is at least somewhat genetic (which would make sense) then since Luffy has it, and Garp seems to have it, it would only make sense if Dragon also possesses it. And so far, all users have been shown to have great charisma, strength, and leadership statuses.

For example:

Luffy, Self explanatory.

Hancock, Pirate Captain, Queen of an entire island of warriors.

Whitebeard... Well duuuuuh

Shanks, Has been shown to be respected by most everyone, very powerful.

Ace, seems to have gotten on allot of people's good side, hence Maniford war.

Rayleigh, First mate of Gol D. Roger's crew, could easily be a captain of his own crew, again; friggin' powerful.

Now on to Dragon, He is currently the most wanted man in the world, he commands an army that threatens the power of the WG, and he's Luffy's dad; If his grandpa is any indication of power, you can only imagine how tough Dragon has gotta be. Overall I'm not saying that Dragon does have the Sovereign Haki, but it's pretty clear that he might.

Zmsp
August 19, 2010, 01:54 PM
Well, I'll only talk about my theory about his DF, I do believe he's the Dragon zoan, first of all, a weather paramecia seems to overpowered to me,that would be the kind of fruit that would turn the one thing that is the weakness off all DF users into an advantadge,water. But seing his current status,he must be a guy with insane power, so that's not that impossible.

What makes me believe that he's the dragon zoan is mostly the way the marines refered to him,as the dragon, as it's been proven in OP, people with high positions are usually the target of rumours about their powers, so being refered as the dragon makes me believe the marines have somehow created a myth around a man that is such a threat to them,but that they have so little information about, using the previously created rumours by the ones that have either seen dragon's ability or faced it, such a thing happened to marco, being called marco the pheonix, it's directly related to his ability,and most of the marines had never seen it before.

The second fact is that in Loguetown, instead of going all the way to say dragons have some control over weather,that thing could be assumed as a dragon's breath, that's a much more plausible theory in my opinion,besides,in the anime the wind was shown green,so that could be a hint..

The only drawback I find is that in order to use such a power related to his ability, I think dragon should have went through some body transformation typical of the zoan users, and the dragons,even having that aura of invencibility people usually atribute them, seems a less rich and diversed power than maybe a weather paramecia,so I would prefer the weather paramecia instead,I just doubt it..

chess4
September 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
my take on dragon is he is a mythical dragon zoan user. look at him, he almost looks like a dragon in the face.

at 1st i thought dragon was once a marine, but the WG didnt have any info on him. i cant wait to see what made him turn agianst the WG. im sure it had something to do with luffys mother. luffy looks nothing like dragon, so he probably took after his mother. maybe she was somehow killed by the WG and that pissed dragon off

tret16
September 23, 2010, 07:42 PM
i figured it's because he know's what happened durring the blank age that no one seems to know about except for the ones who created the marine

nguqua
November 23, 2010, 03:46 PM
I know that there has been discussion on this topic at various places within other threads, but I couldn't find a single thread dedicated to this topic. I personally support the idea of Mythical zoan type: dragon.

These are my reasons. Many of them, by themselves, are very forced and stretched. However, together, they can cumulate to become some thing of collective relevancy:

1) Storms have always foreshadowed Dragon's appearances in the manga. He seem to be able to control not just wind, but the weather itself (rain, thunder). In Chinese and Japanese mythology, dragons are noble creatures that control weathers by creating rains and storms. Watsumi, in particular, is a dragon that has the power to turn into a human.

2) Dragon's face has tattoos that look like scales of a dragon. Though the reason for his tattoos are most likely not due to him having the devil fruit of mythical zoan dragon, but it can be a hint from Oda that foreshadows his ability. Also, Asian dragons are a common connotation for when people think of tattoo figures.

3) In one of the manga's cover pic, the strawhat crew is seen relaxing on a green dragon. In the anime, Monkey D Dragon's wind is depicted with the color green. Again, this doesn't mean that the green dragon in that particular pic is actually Dragon himself, but it can be a hint. Oda has used cover pics to foreshadow new plots and characters in the future before.

EDIT: found the picture of the strawhats riding a green dragon
http://www.mangareader.net/103-48478-2/one-piece/chapter-578.html

Dark God Zeus
November 23, 2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, a dragon fruit sounds pretty good. It'd really augment that he's one of the most powerful people in the world, improved martial art abilities with a zoan, possibly flight, and weather manipulation that basically makes him a logia without the near invulnerability (lightning, wind, rain, possibly ice).
And he probably has great potential in all three haki as well.

And the fact that mythical zoan are the least represented devil fruit, and they are stated to be rarer than logia, it's not far off, and it would show that a powerful organization such as the revolutionary army could get it's hands on such a prize.

karamm
November 23, 2010, 07:03 PM
I know this might be very unlikely, but it could've been someone else that caused the lightning to hit the platform, one of the revolutionaries that was with Dragon.
I dont think Dragon would move on his own, even if it were to East blue.

Of course, he could be a dragon zoan

Dragon might have grown up in Fuush village as well, and he has been to the gray terminal. Seeing how the people living in the gray terminal were persecuted and how the world government wouldnt do anything about it, he went against his father's wishes and did not become a marine, but revolt agains the WG.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v12/c100/18.html
"the government is looking for you!" well, of course they're looking for him. Could it mean that Dragon was recently given the highest bounty or revealed himself as the leader of the Revolutionary army?

zerocooldx
November 24, 2010, 12:17 AM
I think that Dragon knows a certain amount of what happened during the Void Century but at the same time something happened to possibly his family or even his wife that was the trigger into pushing him to become a revolutionary. Some event had to have triggered his "revolutionary" movement, i don't think he just woke up one day or read some books or met some knowledgeable people and then decided to charge the world.

Geez
November 24, 2010, 03:24 AM
An air logia fruit seems too overwhelming: with it, you could fly, create storms, disappear in thin air, your body is the whole wide world's air... damn you're a god ! :darn

So I agree with most of all the things that been said here about a mythical zoan fruit. Old dragons' legends and the fact that marines called him "Dragon" are important matters. Besides, when you read Wanted by Oda, you see how much he took ideas from it in order to write OP. Even Ryuma and his legend appears :p And at that time, Oda really wanted to draw a dragon, I think the idea was born there.

Dragon's past is a mystery but i think his anger comes from personal history. Garp being a high ranked marine, dragon could have been close to nobles in his youth. Maybe he fell in love with a nobles daughter who got pregnant and then have been chased because of it. When she got killed or just died due to giving birth, he began to question WG's real motives.

nguqua
November 24, 2010, 04:06 AM
[FONT=Verdana]An air logia fruit seems too overwhelming: with it, you could fly, create storms, disappear in thin air, your body is the whole wide world's air... damn you're a god ! :darn

Not to mention that you can just withhold oxygen and everyone dies:D

Lord Rayleigh
November 26, 2010, 08:55 AM
Not to mention that you can just withhold oxygen and everyone dies:D
A logia user can only control the element he produces because it is his own body, so he cannot control the same element which is naturally produced.

nguqua
November 26, 2010, 05:01 PM
A logia user can only control the element he produces because it is his own body, so he cannot control the same element which is naturally produced.

Crocodile has been seen manipulating the desert. He evens said that no one can beat him in the desert.

Enel was also seen controlling the electricity from the giant black ball cloud that his ship was producing.

Channy
November 26, 2010, 07:09 PM
Crocodile has been seen manipulating the desert. He evens said that no one can beat him in the desert.

Enel was also seen controlling the electricity from the giant black ball cloud that his ship was producing.

I think The Desert was being affected by crocodiles DF because fore one he created a small sandstorm and let it loose then from there on nature takes it away to Yuba and then his Ground Death attack was him placing his hand on the ground and sucking the life from the ground with his DF

Lord Rayleigh
November 26, 2010, 07:27 PM

They were actually both affecting the natural elements with their own powers, so they were definitely not controlling the natural elements: their elemental bodies were interacting with their respective natural elements.

nguqua
November 28, 2010, 12:26 AM
I don't think so. Crocodile was seen creating a giant quick sand by simply touching the desert. I think that was clear indication of him manipulating the desert.

GomuGomuNo
December 15, 2010, 04:14 AM
made a research, sounds nice, doesn't it?

The interpretation of the dragon as a symbol of the conflict of natural forces, the changing seasons and the victory of summer over winter is also one of the "lunar " explanations of the early mythological research.

In the Far East he was a part, a symbol of imperial rule, on the other hand, to a water deity. Ceremonies in which dragons are begging for rain, have made him almost as a god of rain;

----

Dragon Zoan Type can control water. (condesne and so on...)

xeteboi
February 24, 2011, 11:04 PM
Dragon Zoan Type can control water. (condesne and so on...)

this would be totally imbalance plus Oda doesnt want to relate in in water ability..
i think it is a weather one and a paramecia type.

Schabrak
March 02, 2011, 09:50 AM
GomuGomuNo
We already got another "Dragon" affiliated with "water" introduced, Shiryƫ/Seiryƫ[click for much mor info on eastern dragons] (http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/dragon.shtml), romanized Shiliew of the Rain. I doubt Oda would reuse that topic on another major character just to appease fans and hype his own character.

alelucas
May 14, 2013, 01:00 AM
Nice old thread!

IMO, Chapter 586 also shown us a wind stream. It's pulled/pushed Sabo till Dragon. And Sabo suddenly stopped when he reached Dragon.
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2011/07/08/o/read4e172d105424f/OP%20586%20MANGARULE_one-piece-v60-0464e172d107132e.png

As it was an intramural scene I think it wasn't a wind blowing from the Gray Terminal's flames.

MaZa
May 19, 2013, 03:23 AM
what if Dragon is the last lost king of the kingdom that was lost at the void century and know he want to take revenge from the world government

Schabrak
May 19, 2013, 10:02 AM
what if Dragon is the last lost king of the kingdom that was lost at the void century and know he want to take revenge from the world government
Nah, he was born after Garp, centuries after the Lost Century and even if the D.s have a common ancestry, Garp and Luffy would have been princes too, as well as anybody with a D if that is the clue for you.

David Rose
May 21, 2013, 04:12 AM
I wonder if Oga is a fan of Disney's Hercules. At least: Does anyone recognize those guys? :P
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121029003937/disney/images/thumb/b/bb/Hercules-disneyscreencaps.com-8376.jpg/1000px-Hercules-disneyscreencaps.com-8376.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dragon going all out in a form like this:
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/polls/202000/202970_1236975518455_full.jpg
Just remeber Enel's thundergod form. The name Dragon could hint that he is indeed a dragon, that can control weather to a certain extent. It could just aswell come from the weather controlling effect of an air Logia, given his mythical appearance.

Well, at least we do know that there is some sort of Zoan out there, that transforms you into a dragon. :P So there are two different ways:
1. Vegapunk recreated the dragons and then made his own artificial Zoan with their "genes" or whatever
2. there actually exists an ancient dragon Zoan which he tried to copy.

Also we have to think about Momo's appearance: all of Vegapunk's dragons were western dragons. Momo is eastern though. This could be because he belongs to the Samurais, but this far into the Mange we never had the animal-form of a Zoan be affected by the origin of it's user. Thus there could be the possibility for an ancient Zoan that can control weather and fits into the eastern dragon mythologie.

In my opinion it's an air Logia. All big dudes have a strong Logia, or exceptional strong Haki. Whitebeard is dead :P

Plus, i don't think Oga won't bring an air related ability. For now I'm just waiting for a rock logia.

garabilagan
July 26, 2013, 02:28 AM
I wonder who Dragon's wife/lover is and her title in OP. We all know that anyone related to luffy is super strong. His gramps is quoted as the hero of marines, his dad, the most wanted criminal and leader of the revolutionaries, his "brother" ace is whitebeard's 2nd division commander, and boa Hancock,who's deeply in love with him is a shichibukai and the pirate empress. Now I'm starting to wonder who luffy's mom is and what her title in one piece is.