PDA

View Full Version : Theory Ages of characters.

Samui
June 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
In light of the revelation of the Shichibukai members' ages in the SBS of volume 58, I decided to post this thread to speculate on the ages of other characters.

So, let's start with whose ages we already know.

Luffy - 17
Zoro - 19
Nami - 18
Ussop - 17
Sanji - 19
Chopper - 15
Robin - 28
Franky - 34
Brook - 88

Hancock - 29
Blackbeard - 38
Doflamingo - 39
Mihawk - 41
Crocodile - 44
Jinbei - 44
Kuma - 45
Moria - 48

Shanks - 37
Whitebeard - 72

Spandam - 39
Lucci - 28
Kaku - 23
Jyabura - 35
Blueno - 30
Kumadori - 34
Califa - 25
Fukurou - 29

Dorry & Broggy - 158
Kureha - 139
Crocus - 71
Iceburg - 38
Smoker - 34
Hina - 32
Duval - 22
Ace - 20
Tashigi - 21
Kuina - 21
Vivi - 16
Nojiko - 21
Bellemere - 38

Anyway, my guesses are:
Marco - 39 to 41
Jozu - 44
Vista - 45
Roger - 51 in his death
Dragon - 45
Shakuyaku - 64
Garp - 69
Shiki - 67
Rayleigh - 71
Ivankov - 43
Inazuma - 34

Magellan - 46
Hannyabal - 39
Sadi Chan - 29
Shiryuu - 45

Kidd - 22
Howkins - 26
X Drake - 29-31
Law - 24
Apoo - 23
Bonny - 24
Capone - 36
Urouge - 34

Mr. 1 - 32
Bonchan - 27
Mr. 3 - 30
Bellamy - 24
Wiper - 24
Enel - 27
Foxy - 33
Keimi - 17
Hacchi - clearly in his late 20s, somewhere around 28
Arlong - I think he's younger than Jinbei, so around 37
Don Krieg - 35
Kuro - 30
Alvida - 29
Coby - 15
Buggy - 36

Dasbones
June 29, 2010, 09:18 PM
While I agree with almost all of those, I don't think Marco is that old, I'd say 30-35, Jozu seems to be a little bit younger than what you claim, but vista seems spot-on.

bittman
June 29, 2010, 10:11 PM
Hmm, some interesting ages in there (such as Moria at 48 and Shanks at only 37, making him 15 at the time of Roger's execution). Also expected Whitebeard to be a little older, and I though Vivi was actually 17~18, not 16 (making her actually younger than Luffy).

Of your guesses, well I'd like to hazard a guess that most of WB's elite are actually closer to 50 rather than 40 since they appeared prominent back in the days of Roger, and if 22 years has passed since then it might be more likely they are pushing 50 than being strong teenagers who are now closer to 40.

Most of your guesses look to be in the ballpark, though honestly I expect Enel to be early twenties (he acted more like a teenager though). You didn't make any guesses for most of the other marines though (admirals for example), though we can tell they're probably in the 35-55 year ballpark of everyone who appeared to be a young adult in Chapter 0.

mr.danly
June 29, 2010, 10:19 PM
well if these are actually from the SBS, then I'm frankly quite shocked to find that Blackbeard is older than Shanks. Shanks is actually really young compared to many of the other powerhouses of the pirating world.

Samui
June 30, 2010, 04:34 AM
Hmm, some interesting ages in there (such as Moria at 48 and Shanks at only 37, making him 15 at the time of Roger's execution). Also expected Whitebeard to be a little older, and I though Vivi was actually 17~18, not 16 (making her actually younger than Luffy).

Of your guesses, well I'd like to hazard a guess that most of WB's elite are actually closer to 50 rather than 40 since they appeared prominent back in the days of Roger, and if 22 years has passed since then it might be more likely they are pushing 50 than being strong teenagers who are now closer to 40.

Most of your guesses look to be in the ballpark, though honestly I expect Enel to be early twenties (he acted more like a teenager though). You didn't make any guesses for most of the other marines though (admirals for example), though we can tell they're probably in the 35-55 year ballpark of everyone who appeared to be a young adult in Chapter 0.
Oh, you're right. I posted the thread on another forum, so I just copied my guesses from there. So yeah, after founding out that I forgot about the Admirals, I did guess them, on another post. And I'm sure all three Admirals are over 45, since I doubt they were Vice Admirals at the age of 20 during chapter 0 (which happened 25 years ago, atleast when Roger fought Shiki in that chapter). And they can't be 35 since it would make them 10, lol.

So here it is,
Aokiji - 48 (he seems to be youngest)
Akainu - 50
Kizaru - 51
Tsuru - 74 or so (back in chapter 0, 25 years prior the start of the manga, she looked old, so I guess she must have been atleast 49 or something)
Momonga - 49 or older (in chapter he's young, but not as young as, say, 22 years old I think)
Yamakaji - 48

I wonder how old is Sentoumaru.

Fox666
June 30, 2010, 05:06 AM
We saw in chapter 0 all Admirals, some vice-admirals and Whitebeard commanders...

So I would guess that the characters are around this age:
- Admiral Aokiji: 45
- Admiral Akainu: 45
- Admiral Kizaru: 50
- Fleet Admiral Sengoku: 60
- Vice-Admiral Garp: 60
- Vice-Admiral Tsuru: 70
- Marco: 45
- Jozu: 45

Samui
June 30, 2010, 05:15 AM
We saw in chapter 0 all Admirals, some vice-admirals and Whitebeard commanders...

So I would guess that the characters are around this age:
- Admiral Aokiji: 45
- Admiral Akainu: 45
- Admiral Kizaru: 50
- Fleet Admiral Sengoku: 60
- Vice-Admiral Garp: 60
- Vice-Admiral Tsuru: 70
- Marco: 45
- Jozu: 45
Garp is older than 60. At the start of chapter 0, 25 years ago, he doesn't look like he's 35.

And personally, I don't think the gap between the ages of the Admirals is 5 years.

BlackHair
July 02, 2010, 04:57 PM
Garp should be even older than WB. I mean he had already white sideburns as Roger was in prison. And since I personally think WB=Roger (age), I believe Garp is around 80 now.

Well I admit 80 sounds tough, then atleast 72+ xD

bittman
July 03, 2010, 08:19 AM
Well Garp was only showing signs of greyness in the flashbacks with Roger, but this could easily be a sign of stress or just a genetic disposition. I can't see Garp being as old as WB (given the latter's health problems), and I would have to agree on a 60-70 guesstimate for his age.

During Roger's time, this would put him in his fourties. I've seen many men in their fourties starting to grey.

I might also like to disagree with Roger's age guesstimates. I believe Roger was far younger than Whitebeard and may have indeed been closer to 30 at his death. I mean, realistically "at most" he could be 50-60 since he was able to have a child, but don't let that moustache fool you: he didn't appear "that old".

But then again age in One Piece is very hard to estimate with examples of Shakky and Dr Kureha running around. Heck, even Crocus is apparently 71 and I don't think he looks that old at all.

Samui
July 03, 2010, 09:21 AM
Well Garp was only showing signs of greyness in the flashbacks with Roger, but this could easily be a sign of stress or just a genetic disposition. I can't see Garp being as old as WB (given the latter's health problems), and I would have to agree on a 60-70 guesstimate for his age.

During Roger's time, this would put him in his fourties. I've seen many men in their fourties starting to grey.

I might also like to disagree with Roger's age guesstimates. I believe Roger was far younger than Whitebeard and may have indeed been closer to 30 at his death. I mean, realistically "at most" he could be 50-60 since he was able to have a child, but don't let that moustache fool you: he didn't appear "that old".

But then again age in One Piece is very hard to estimate with examples of Shakky and Dr Kureha running around. Heck, even Crocus is apparently 71 and I don't think he looks that old at all.
Roger? closer to 30?
50 years ago he was just a rookie (according to Brook), and I doubt he was younger than 20 at that time or something.

BlackHair
July 08, 2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah exactly. If Roger was 50 years ago a rookie, then I guess during his execution he was in his late 40s. Just around WB's age.

So I guess 80 sounds about right for Garp's age.

Roarchu
July 08, 2010, 08:19 PM
yeah, if he was 30 when he died then he was born at about the time he was a rookie XD

Dasbones
July 08, 2010, 09:39 PM
Garp should be even older than WB. I mean he had already white sideburns as Roger was in prison. And since I personally think WB=Roger (age), I believe Garp is around 80 now.

Well I admit 80 sounds tough, then atleast 72+ xD

I wouldn't be so sure, loss of hair color has allot to do with stress, and I'm sure he had plenty of it, especially with Dragon being his son, I agree though he's late 70's, but even that's pushing it, maybe 73/75.

ScratchmenApoo
July 09, 2010, 02:09 AM
My guess is that Jewelry Bonney is younger than 20, not counting her (most likely) Devil Fruit to make herself younger/older at any time.
The reason for my guess is that she is way too emotional and she probably goes crazy quite frequently as well...

BlackHair
July 09, 2010, 06:43 AM
I wouldn't be so sure, loss of hair color has allot to do with stress, and I'm sure he had plenty of it, especially with Dragon being his son, I agree though he's late 70's, but even that's pushing it, maybe 73/75.Bittman also said that. But imo that applies in real life, but in a manga? Never read of such circumstances in a shounen manga. White hear and creases have to be signs of older age.

Im fine with late 70s though, 80 sounds rly tough :P

Rei ~♥
July 10, 2010, 10:27 PM
I thought Boa is around 25 at the beginning.

Thanks for that.

Samui
July 11, 2010, 10:05 AM
My guess is that Jewelry Bonney is younger than 20, not counting her (most likely) Devil Fruit to make herself younger/older at any time.
The reason for my guess is that she is way too emotional and she probably goes crazy quite frequently as well...
To be honest, 18 for her sounds good to me too.