PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 591 Discussion / 592 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3

vintagemistakes
June 30, 2010, 05:19 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62234) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks :)

Chapter is out !!! (http://www.mangastream.com/)

RezzieThaRapper
July 07, 2010, 05:05 AM
it looks like Luffy has reunited with Reyleigh, and Ussopp is still fat, and something about Chopper as well

Ero-Sanji
July 07, 2010, 05:06 AM
Haha, that's strange. He actually swam from the archipelago to kuja Island in that short time. Remember Luffy flew from that distance and it took him days and nights.

RezzieThaRapper
July 07, 2010, 05:06 AM
It said something about Law and Jinbei too

Just little tidbits

Akainu
July 07, 2010, 05:14 AM
Haha, that's strange. He actually swam from the archipelago to kuja Island in that short time. Remember Luffy flew from that distance and it took him days and nights.
actually, it's been two weeks since the war, so it should be enough time for him to get there. still, doing it by swimming is a massive feat considering all the seakings and the fact that he must have been in the water constantly.

anyway, nice to see the strawhas again, it's a little problematic though imo that they all are now supposed to meet at Kuja island :/

Yans86
July 07, 2010, 05:16 AM
Rayleigh swimming to Amazon Lily just give a new meaning to the word BADASS!!!!!!seriously,this fucking manga is always surpassing itself!!!would any of u ever thought about something like this?!amazing

Rayleigh-san....RESPECT!!!
And I'd still like to see his true power ihihi

rickfox
July 07, 2010, 05:19 AM
actually, it's been two weeks since the war, so it should be enough time for him to get there. still, doing it by swimming is a massive feat considering all the seakings and the fact that he must have been in the water constantly.

anyway, nice to see the strawhas again, it's a little problematic though imo that they all are now supposed to meet at Kuja island :/

if those information are true(reach Amazon Lily by swimming)

I wonder how Rayleigh managed to go through Calm Belt. haki again?

mlinko
July 07, 2010, 05:26 AM
So many theories but none like this.... Oda you are a legend. I mean come on swimming who thought that would happen. F.... boat, real man swim XD

TwEeD
July 07, 2010, 05:27 AM

Why problematic? I actually love that part, about time the SH get to meet the Kuja's (who will be one of their allies) and Hancock (Their captain's future wife). Going to be full of drama and comedy

Let's just hope Sanji is back to his manly chivalrous self by then .... Sanji + Kuja = Instant comedy win

Yans86
July 07, 2010, 05:29 AM
I guess that Kuma has told to Rayleigh all the SH's location(where he would have sent them) as well as his purpose behind all this...

I guess that the one to teach Haki to Luffy willl be Rayleigh in the end...

mlinko
July 07, 2010, 05:35 AM
Usopp will now get serious and start his training because he wants to meet Luffy and because he will want to have an ability to protect his captain

TwEeD
July 07, 2010, 05:35 AM
I guess that the one to teach Haki to Luffy willl be Rayleigh in the end...

Seems like it will be like that if Rayleigh is going to propose something to Luffy, could not see what else it could be (Although with Oda you never know :P)

Nice to see Ussop having an appearance! We'll probably get to see the reaction from each Strawhat on the news over the next few chapters

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 05:37 AM
I don't know if it's true because Rayleigh is not supposed to know that Luffy is on Kuja island. Boa's strange doings for a Shichibukai during the war were not broadcasted. I wonder what Kuma told Rayleigh and if it is about the SHs' destinations. Would he have doubted if he talked about Luffy's destination ?

If that's true, Rayleigh will be amazing. And we would understand why Garp said Rayleigh was a legend. It would also confirmed that he is not a DF user.

Akainu
July 07, 2010, 05:38 AM
Why problematic? I actually love that part, about time the SH get to meet the Kuja's (who will be one of their allies) and Hancock (Their captain's future wife). Going to be full of drama and comedy

Let's just hope Sanji is back to his manly chivalrous self by then .... Sanji + Kuja = Instant comedy win

Problematic, yes. the laws of the kuja are broken more and more with men on the island - sure it yould ba cure for Sanji - but personally I don't see a point in shifting from Sabaody to Kuja (well part of me likes it because it leaves a chance for a Kuja warrior joining the crew, on the other hand, after last chapter, the chances for any addition seem rather low, but that doesn't belong here yet :sweat)

RezzieThaRapper
July 07, 2010, 05:39 AM
Hey I just thought of something... what if Luffy pulls out Reyleighs Vivre Card Just to show it to Jinbei and then they notice it moving... Then you get the weird looks on their face, and then when Reyleigh appears it will be beastly

Muhbaer
rayleigh swims, usopp is even fatter than before - xD

I also wondered why rayleigh didn't try to save his former captains son, but now swims a few days to meet luffy - staarrrrrange

Ero-Sanji

The women will return him instantly, fantastic.

So how do you guys think the rest will return, I mean Sanji, Robin and Chopper are quite obvious but what about the rest? Fat(ter) Ussop seems to be hilarious:p

RezzieThaRapper
July 07, 2010, 05:40 AM
Didn't Hancock say she had a place for Luffy to hideout for the Time Being

Bloodwinter
July 07, 2010, 05:41 AM
Well, this without a doubt means that Rayleigh has no Devil Fruit powers. :]

ScratchmenApoo
July 07, 2010, 05:43 AM
If Rayleigh swimming there turns out to be true then that fills my quota for a good One Piece chapter. Period.

RezzieThaRapper
July 07, 2010, 05:45 AM
Well, this without a doubt means that Rayleigh has no Devil Fruit powers. :]

Unless he has the Swim Swim fruit (JK... No Way in H-E-2x Hockey Sticks)

I'm glad someone as strong as him doesn't have a devil fruit...

hhv94
July 07, 2010, 05:47 AM
Damn! NICE spoilers! I dont usually comment on the same day/scan manga chapters. But I LOVE the Rayleigh shock in this one. I mean swiming all the way to Kuja Island! His definatly Da-Man! Anyway my guess is that he offers to teach Luffy how to use Haki. Well I'm hoping thats what it is! :)

frontaLobotomy
July 07, 2010, 05:50 AM
..Wow! Rayleigh swam there to Amazon Lily?! Fair play to Oda, I'd never have envisaged that in a thousand years. It kinda reminds me of Shanks, when he saved Luffy from the Sea King. It says a lot about how powerful his Haki must be.

OdaForPresident
July 07, 2010, 05:50 AM
Raleigh comes to Kuja, swimming. Damn, thats one bad ass old geezer!

But does that mean that the rest of the straw hats will also be coming to kuja? After all, they will be following Raleigh's card.

But Raleigh coming to kuja, sounds like training to me!

Zehahaha
July 07, 2010, 05:51 AM
If Rayleigh was able to do that, can't imagine what Roger could do... This is really BADASS !
Can't wait to see the fat Usopp, it seems pretty hilarious to see him more fatter than he was

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 05:51 AM
If Rayleigh comes to Kuja island, the SHs will make for Kuja island. The problem is that I don't think they can do it because there is the Calm Belt. Nami could probably use a flying ship to avoid the Sea Kings but the others certainly cannot.

I would like them to get together in a new place, and not at Shabondy Archipelago.
Anyway, if Thousand Sunny is still at Shabondy with the Rosy Life Riders, the SHs will have to come back at the archipelago to look for the ship, unless the coated Thousand Sunny is no longer at Shabondy Archipelago.

chitgoks
July 07, 2010, 05:52 AM
wow.. indeed badass if rayleigh swam to kuja island. it aint easy considering the sea kings lurking around

metalicdice
July 07, 2010, 05:57 AM
I say its probley good reasion for the meeting point to be kuja island, for me i see it as a chance for sanji to see miss hancock n turn back to his awsome self...

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 06:05 AM
I say its probley good reasion for the meeting point to be kuja island, for me i see it as a chance for sanji to see miss hancock n turn back to his awsome self...
It's not that easy to go to Amazon Lily which is in the middle of the Calm Belt. Rayleigh is Rayleigh and that's why he can make it alone. I doubt each SH can make it on his own.

Friction
July 07, 2010, 06:09 AM
Don't you think he has a ship but needed to swim only through the calm belt to reach the island?

Zehahaha
July 07, 2010, 06:14 AM
Don't you think he has a ship but needed to swim only through the calm belt to reach the island?

Why would he swim in a sea full of monsters if he have a ship ? It doesn't make sense

kill0u
July 07, 2010, 06:15 AM
Why would he swim in a sea full of monsters if he have a ship ? It doesn't make sense

most of the ships can't sail in calm belt ;)

TwEeD
July 07, 2010, 06:16 AM
It's not that easy to go to Amazon Lily which is in the middle of the Calm Belt. Rayleigh is Rayleigh and that's why he can make it alone. I doubt each SH can make it on his own.

Yeah although it isn't impossible for most of the crew:

Chopper could make it by bird flight
Nami with the Weather Island
It's no inconceivable that the Revolutionaries have a way to cross the Calm Belt so Robin could get there too (maybe alongside Sanji if he met up with the Okama Queen)
Franky could find a way with his newfound knowledge of Dr Vegapunk's technology

But how would Usopp, Zoro and Brook get there? Maybe they will go to SA and wait up for the rest to rejoin? Or Luffy & Co could return to SA before the whole crew arrives in that section of the Grand Line.

Think it'll depend on what Rayleigh is proposing, seems suspicious we don't get any info about it in the chapter ... Oda is probably setting something up

Zehahaha
July 07, 2010, 06:17 AM
most of the ships can't sail in calm belt ;)

And you think that swimming in Calm Belt is safer than sailing with a ship ?

Evohwoo
July 07, 2010, 06:18 AM

That was my first thought, too.
Nice chapter again. Wonder if we see all the SHs reaction when they find out what happened to Ace/Luffy.

Gnah, can't wait for the next few chapters.

Gats
July 07, 2010, 06:18 AM
LOL !

Good old Rayleigh, swimming all the way. How did he know that Luffy would be there ?

He really is on another league and he is supposed to be weaker.

TwEeD
July 07, 2010, 06:21 AM

For the ship, yes. Rayleigh is just so badass that he didn't have to care about himself but just about the ship.

Could be the Rosy Riders are on the Thousand Sunny waiting just outside of the Calm Belt

gama984
July 07, 2010, 06:22 AM
ITALIAN TRANSLATION:
http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=38769116

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 06:23 AM
Yes we see the nakama! Yosha the reunion is close! I can't wait to see them!

Rayleigh is so badass, he got to Amazon Lily by swimming. Zomg. Ya think he left Sunny on the other side of the calm belt and went swimming to the island, ya know, not to damage sunny. Maybe Shakki and Hachi are there too.

maxikki
July 07, 2010, 06:27 AM
cant wait to see the reunion of the straw hat crew!!i hope they got stronger, specially ussop

coqui018
July 07, 2010, 06:27 AM
it is about time we get a confirmed bad ass person in one piece without a fruit power. three cheers for Rayleigh :beer.

Shachida
July 07, 2010, 06:29 AM
It is not about safety, a normal ship can't move in the calm belt.

rickfox
July 07, 2010, 06:30 AM
it is about time we get a confirmed bad ass person in one piece without a fruit power. three cheers for Rayleigh :beer.

So Shanks is not a Bad ass or he has devil fruit power? he did swim in the sea.

DLord.Van.Buuren
July 07, 2010, 06:36 AM

lets not start that ok , focus on this beatiful chapter if this turned out to be true .

what i think rayleigh is going to suggest is a training , maybe get luffy familiar with his haki skills .

Arkadi
zoro is badass 2, he doesn't pray to anny god, and is a demon

kidopitz27
i think Rayleigh is proposing that he look for his nakama after he learn haki or Rayleigh proposed that he needs more power (white beard crew perhaps)

nami can go to kuja using weather island
robin thru the revolutionaries
chopper the big birds on that island i saw it in the anime that he will use the bird to look for his nakama too so maybe choper will get zorro and brook
franky maybe he will learn how to use vegapunks technology to become like kuma but with a heart or feelings or he will make an invention like a rocket to fly
sanji will meet ivankov when he returns to his/her kingdom and set sails for luffy again

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 06:37 AM
IF he is on Sunny he could, but the ship doesn't have Kairouseki on it's base so it'd be attacked by the Sea Kings.

Schabrak
July 07, 2010, 06:46 AM
Yeah ten years prior to to the current plot. As if he couldn't have eaten a fruit in that time. Not saying, that he has, but that's the first confirmed one, besides obviously Jinbei. :P

It's not safer, but the only possibility for pirates, excluding sub-marines and monsters pulling the ships.-_- He didn't even mention safety, so what's up with such comments? Seems like even "Lord Rayleigh" wasn't thinking much at that moment.

kidopitz27
July 07, 2010, 06:47 AM
Luffy's crew will be kick ass if luffy's wish about his crew mates come true about having just 10 crew members including himself and become the pirate king right that would be super epic

about this chapter spoiler is not yet complete what is Rayleigh proposing in luffy? training or becoming a new ally? we never know

ulamukuk
July 07, 2010, 06:47 AM
we just have to face it...rayleigh is badass

DLord.Van.Buuren
July 07, 2010, 06:51 AM
we just have to face it...rayleigh is badass

you think so ? because it seems like you just faced it . do you know roger , rayleigh is his wingman , just a reminder .

kidopitz27
July 07, 2010, 06:58 AM
you think so ? because it seems like you just faced it . do you know roger , rayleigh is his wingman , just a reminder .

but remember when dandan and garp is talking about ace's personality about not leaving his nakama behind is like rogers too. so maybe roger is bad-ass for making people look up to him and be friend them so thats why he's crew is strong.

LongLiveOnePiece
July 07, 2010, 06:59 AM
It cant possibly be such a badass chapter,can it??

jerrycute
July 07, 2010, 06:59 AM
wow! rayleigh arrives thru swimming! oda always making fun of us

DLord.Van.Buuren
July 07, 2010, 07:00 AM
so , blasting the crew was on intention and dragon planned it all . man this new world is giving me thrills .

blueframe
July 07, 2010, 07:04 AM
he probably wants to make his moves go unnoticed. Considering that the marines know that Rayleigh is somewhere in SA, and with all the chaos going through the seas atm (after war), its possible that marines are on the lookout for pirate ships in the sea. the last thing they might expect is for someone to swim across the sea, especially in the calm belt.

Teh_Devilz
July 07, 2010, 07:04 AM
Seem like Haki training been confirmed.

vinchbr
July 07, 2010, 07:06 AM
i agree with the people saying that the sunny is on the side of calm belt waiting for luffy with the rosy life riders, swimming through the calm belt with your body charged up with haki would be like havin a sea stone necklace, just remeber the effects of haki and seastone, they cancel df powers, so why wouldnt haki mean, they would be "one" with the ocean as well, better phrasing it, haki could be harvesting the power of the ocean
what u guys think?

Organizized
July 07, 2010, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure what to think yet. In rough spoilers like this, a lot of it seems just... silly. I guess if the chapter comes out and we see everything in it's context it could work, but I'm torn, atm.

And the last part about Rayleigh starting to train Luffy makes sense, but isn't really to my liking. :/ I'm hoping it'll time skip over the whole training process, because that kind of things is just tiring.

And yeah, there's no denying the fact anymore. If these spoilers are true, then haki training is more or less confirmed.

kidopitz27
July 07, 2010, 07:07 AM
i wish Rayleigh propose to luffy to take the territories white beard left behind to be protected by luffy or train luffy's haki or look for his nakama while training his haki

SuperShuter
July 07, 2010, 07:08 AM
How would any of his crew apart from sanji know that they are in amazon lilly. Unless they have some way of comunicating, I asume they are still going to meet at their ship as luffy said their "meeting place" Wouldn't it be cool if Reilegh could write on his vive card and it would turn up on everyone elses.

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 07:08 AM
YES! I knew it! I was right! hahaha :D

It's awesome to find out now that Rayleigh will be training Luffy! So Kuma kept Dragon's promise, hey? I wonder when we'll see Dragon next in the current OP story!? Usopp is even bigger than before! :XD

ej619ako
July 07, 2010, 07:10 AM
Wow! If this is true then this will be the first time we will see Luffy in serious training.

Ero-Sanji
July 07, 2010, 07:15 AM
I guess now is the time for the little time skip of perhaps a couple of weeks to about a month and then we will see the crew at the archipelago. Anyway it's good that Kumas words were reveled even though it was predictable.

bittman
July 07, 2010, 07:16 AM
Mannn I'm so worried about this move by Oda. I don't think I've ever seen a good training montage timeskip.

...ever...

In the history of timeskips everywhere fullstop.

Even DBZ, which all mangas aspire to, always came back from a timeskip crap-tacular and then took itself about 20 villains to feel comfortable again.

If this training arc (which I'm not happy about also but can understand) takes anything more than a couple of months of manga-time it'll ruin the impression of One Piece we've gained. Heck, any more than that and Kidd + Law will be Yonkous, Smoker will be an admiral and Garp will die of old age.

I mean, in a serious sense, now that Rayleigh (and the great Vivre Card pointer) is on Kuja Island, some of the Strawhat's should be able to get to Luffy in a matter of days, at most perhaps weeks.

I'd be totally ok with a "few weeks later" timeskip. [/endofrantabouttimeskips]

ScratchmenApoo
July 07, 2010, 07:21 AM
Rayleigh probably coated the ship and moved underwater to get past possible Marine patrols. After entering the Calm Belt he encountered some angry sea creatures, most likely Sea Kings - that's why his ship sunk.
There's only so much you can do underwater. I'm guessing that after the coating there's a giant bubble surrounding the ship (like the bubbles on Shabaody Archipelago) and major disturbances will break the bubble...

As many of us assumed, Kuma's actions helped the Strawhat Pirates survive. What I don't accept, though, is that Kuma somehow knew the Strawhat crewmembers' personalities and sent all of them to the corresponding islands that fit everyone like a glove (Coincidence much?) However, that should be in the Mega Convo Thread, back to the chapter now.

I like the idea of Rayleigh teaching Luffy. I don't remember if the video broadcast from Marineford was online during Luffy's King's Haki outburst, but if it was, Rayleigh definitely saw that. He also saw that Luffy probably can't control it at all - hence the reason for training.

rickfox
July 07, 2010, 07:28 AM
Before discuss what so called "training scenario",please check this first---

It is marked as "fake"-----an useless piece of shit.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1975030&postcount=5

k-dom
July 07, 2010, 07:28 AM
I wonder if Roger crew stopped at kuja island once and if the former empress died because of him. After all, rayleigh and shanks may have learned haki there

So everyone is on training. I don't think it will take that much time after all Chopper is already on a bird flying toward amazon lily
And how can Usopp learn about Ace on his jungle island !

tothx
July 07, 2010, 07:32 AM
Best, fake, ever :p

Naruffy
July 07, 2010, 07:33 AM
Before discuss what so called "training scenario",please check this first---

It is fake,an useless piece of shit.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1975030&postcount=5

That translation was deemed fake, so the conversation between Luffy and Rayleigh won't go like that.
-------------------
Yeah, they just released the real translation.

Freid
July 07, 2010, 07:40 AM
If the strawhat crew would have been unable to survive the new world for more than a few days, what about the other supernovas cause I'm pretty sure luffy's cre is stronger than most of the other supernovas crews.. im expecting to see the other supernovas either flee from the new world when they realise that they cannot cope as they are, or die!. Them sailing freely as they are would be stupid imo
[hr]
Jus read that the spoiler is fake. I agree wiv Tothx. Best fake ever

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 07:41 AM
i wish Rayleigh propose to luffy to take the territories white beard left behind to be protected by luffy
Luffy is a supernova who has never been to New World : he cannot protect Whitebeard's territories. If Rayleigh had to ask such a question, it would be to Shanks or Whitebeard's crew.

THM Nindo
July 07, 2010, 07:44 AM
So... what is true and what is false?
About Rayleigh swimming there, and the other members finding out about Ace?

In any case, things are finally going back to normal!
If Rayleigh stays on the island of the ladies, that means that everyone that follows the vivrecarte (?) will end up there, joining up with Luffy! :tem

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 07:47 AM
Well the fake part is about what Kuma says to Rayleigh it seems.

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 07:48 AM
Crazy Theory : Rayleigh was Elder Nyon's man, the one the ex-Empress left Amazon Lili for. I'm just waiting for the interaction between the two old people. That's Oda-like.

rickfox
July 07, 2010, 07:58 AM
Crazy Theory : Rayleigh was Elder Nyon's man, the one the ex-Empress left Amazon Lili for. I'm just waiting for the interaction between the two old people. That's Oda-like.

by using J-X online translation to "decode" those Japanese,it seems Elder Nyon does have some connection with Rayleigh & Shakuyaku.

deffkryz
July 07, 2010, 08:00 AM
So the part about the training turned out to be fake... What a surprise. :eyeroll

As it seems Rayleigh turns out to have quite some bad luck with ship, doesn't he? Not that it would be that of a hindrance for him since it seems like he was able to learn how to help himself in the last 20 years in such cases. ;)

Thought the same... Or maybe Garp was her fling?

Ero-Sanji
July 07, 2010, 08:05 AM
by using J-X online translation to "decode" those Japanese,it seems Elder Nyon does have some connection with Rayleigh & Shakuyaku.

Shakuyaku might be their child or perhaps she might be the child of Nyon and someone else. Either way I think Shakky is a Kuja thanks to her name which is a name of a flower. A trait commonly shared by the Kuja.

TwEeD
July 07, 2010, 08:07 AM
Thought the same... Or maybe Garp was her fling?

Don't think so, she would have mentioned it when knowing that Luffy's name is "Monkey D."

tothx
July 07, 2010, 08:08 AM
Luffy is a supernova who has never been to New World : he cannot protect Whitebeard's territories. If Rayleigh had to ask such a question, it would be to Shanks or Whitebeard's crew.

Still possible he will be the guardian of fishfolk island. ;)

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 08:12 AM
Google translation says : " Elder Nyon, Reilly notice "

Shakuyaku might be their child or perhaps she might be the child of Nyon and someone else. Either way I think Shakky is a Kuja thanks to her name which is a name of a flower. A trait commonly shared by the Kuja.
Shakky stopped being a pirate 40 years ago : I doubt she can be Nyon's child. Anyway, I agree she may have a connection to Kuja people.

Ero-Sanji
July 07, 2010, 08:22 AM
Shakky stopped being a pirate 40 years ago : I doubt she can be Nyon's child. Anyway, I agree she may have a connection to Kuja people.

And Elder Nyon was the former-former-former empress, she's old.

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 08:32 AM
Spoiler confirmed Shakky is linked to Kuja people since Rayleigh brings a letter from Shakky.

Shakky was a pirate chased by Garp. To me, this thing implies she was a pirate captain.
If she is also linked to Kuja people and was born in Amazon Lily, she probably was the captain of the old Kuja pirates.
Hancock is currently the captain of the Kuja pirates and she is probably the Empress of Amazon Lily because of that. So Shakky may have been an Empress of Amazon Lily.

k-dom
July 07, 2010, 08:36 AM
Roger was on kuja like he was on skypiea

Ero-Sanji
July 07, 2010, 08:36 AM
Damn Rayleighs buffed, I thought he was as "thin" as Zoro...
Shakky being a Kuja is cool, now I wonder if she was a crew member on Nyons boat?

What does Chopper mean with "Luffy... What again?"

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 08:40 AM
Chopper is the doctor of the SH crew, so he probably means that Luffy got injured again.

TwEeD
July 07, 2010, 08:45 AM
Oooh this chapter is turning out to be more and more interesting!!

Rayleigh caught up in a storm on the Calm Belt while there can't be one
Shakky being connected to the Kuja's and knowing Hancock enough to know how she would react
Rayleigh confirming he got the location from Kuma (thus confirming it was all planned by Kuma)
Chopper having made friends with the humans and departing with a bird

I bloody love it!

hy4k
July 07, 2010, 08:51 AM
"Law's subordinate commented "there shouldn't be any storm in the Calm Belt..."

"Jimbei's feeling the jitters from meeting Rayleigh."

Rayleigh is bad news. Both dragon and jinbei don't seem to like him very much

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 08:51 AM
Oooh this chapter is turning out to be more and more interesting!!

Rayleigh caught up in a storm on the Calm Belt while there can't be one

Does that mean a Storm Man is travelling on the Calm Belt ? D _ _ _ _ N !

And so Rayleigh really did come with a ship on the Calm Belt ! :p

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 08:57 AM
what could be on the other newspapper that chopper got?

I wonder... could Luffy's bounty been increased?

Shakky knew that Boa would keep Luffy safe? Wow. I wonder if she's a previous ruler from Amazon Lily XD probably not but still... xD

Gats
July 07, 2010, 08:59 AM

Really ? I thougth it was comic purpose. Like Rayleigh gave a stupid excuse because the truth is he doesn't know how to sail properly a ship. That would be a sweet weakness. :p

rickfox
July 07, 2010, 09:03 AM
Damn Rayleighs buffed, I thought he was as "thin" as Zoro...
Shakky being a Kuja is cool, now I wonder if she was a crew member on Nyons boat?

"why..again"

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62234

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 09:03 AM
What I also wonder is if the cover pages actually mean something.

TwEeD
July 07, 2010, 09:07 AM
I wonder... could Luffy's bounty been increased?

Ah didn't think about it that way, could very well be actually! I wonder how much it would have increased? He went from 30M to 100M to 300M ... 600 this time? Would be insane and put him on top of the Supernova's

k-dom
July 07, 2010, 09:08 AM
That sort of remarks is never comic purpose

kelvalok
July 07, 2010, 09:11 AM

Doesn't anybody think about being Nami? in her way to SA...

BTW: this is my first post: Hi everyone! :thumbs

SenninSage
July 07, 2010, 09:28 AM
Okay, this is incredibly awesome. Luffy is literally going to be trained by perhaps the most skilled Haki user that we've seen in the entire manga.

The crew, as it is revealed, was truly sent off to various locations for their benefit. They're all likely to have become so much more powerful. Damn, Oda is so good.

Holy crap, what if it was Nami who became so powerful that she was strong enough to even, I assume, accidentally sink Rayleigh's ship? Or perhaps it's the more likely Dragon.

THM Nindo
July 07, 2010, 09:30 AM
Really ? I thougth it was comic purpose. Like Rayleigh gave a stupid excuse because the truth is he doesn't know how to sail properly a ship. That would be a sweet weakness. :p

Yeah, both ideas crossed my mind...
But, I think that was just an excuse and that he simply can't sail a boat :tem

Gats
July 07, 2010, 09:31 AM
Okay, this is incredibly awesome. Luffy is literally going to be trained by perhaps the most skilled Haki user that we've seen in the entire manga.

The crew, as it is revealed, was truly sent off to various locations for their benefit. They're all likely to have become so much more powerful. Damn, Oda is so good.

Holy crap, what if it was Nami who became so powerful that she was strong enough to even, I assume, accidentally sink Rayleigh's ship? Or perhaps it's the more likely Dragon.

This spoiler is a fake.

chess4
July 07, 2010, 09:48 AM
yeeeeeeeeeeeah!................about time we see the strawhats. looks like chopper is on his way to SA. usopp has to lose some weight to get bak into fghting shape. rayleigh is an absolute dawg for swimming AL. nyon sensed rayleigh is interesting. could rayleigh be the one she was in love with and maybe she was on rogers ship. just a thought.

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 09:54 AM
Doesn't anybody think about being Nami? in her way to SA...

BTW: this is my first post: Hi everyone! :thumbs

Nice point. It could possibly be either Dragon or Nami imo. I sure hope it's the latter heading towards Amazon Lily. Welcome to MH and more importantly to the One Piece section, kelvalok. :)

It's about time Law & the rest of the Heart Pirates get a move on to the NW imo. haha I can't wait to see Jinbei's reaction to Rayleigh appearing. :amuse So now it appears as Amazon Lily will most certainly be the place where all the SH's will come together and reunite for the first time in a very loooooong time. Damn, it's been quite a journey for us readers. xD

msg
July 07, 2010, 10:00 AM
WTH..Rayleigh swimming to AL like it was nothing.Something is not right with him.Lol.He could easily use Thousand sunny to travel to AL.You know Thousand sunny doesn't solely rely on wind to travel.Heck he could even use that ship to travel underwater since i'm sure he's done coating it.Something fishy going on here.Perhaps he did hide that ship somewhere but then theres a question of monsters lurking at calm belt.I really really don't think Rayleigh swim all the way from SA.

Shakky - perhaps she was once an amazon queen only to give up her position cuz of the love sickness.She fell in love with Rayleigh and decided to elope with Rayleigh lol

cant wait for more pics

DARK
July 07, 2010, 10:01 AM
And now, I wonder who sunk Rayleigh's ship? Could it be Dragon?
So yeah, Luffy's nakama finally find out that Ace died, and at least Chopper has the initiative to want to leave his island. Don't know what Usopp is going to do, but he'll probably stuff his face to get rid of his depression. I mean, that's how helpless he is these days, right?

TwEeD
July 07, 2010, 10:08 AM
Don't know what Usopp is going to do, but he'll probably stuff his face to get rid of his depression. I mean, that's how helpless he is these days, right?

While he is negativity incarnated he also always comes through at the important moments. I rather think this will rekindle his determination to rejoin with Luffy (and the rest of the crew)

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 10:14 AM
I wonder whether Usopp's shooting accuracy has been effected by his *sudden* obesity levels? Damn, I don't really like the sound or look of a fat Usopp tbh.

If the SH's do reunite on AL then I'm sure Rayleigh has kept the Thousand Sunny safe and closeby, no? I have feeling that the Sunny is not too far away from the island. I can't see the point in going back to SA just for the Sunny....? I guess to pick up Hatchi & co as well and then head off to Fishmen Island? Argghhh the possiblities are endless. :darn

Truefan21
July 07, 2010, 10:27 AM
ok its official rayleigh is a certified badass
swimming all the way to AL avoiding all the sea kings
well this proves that he is not a devil fruit user

goldb
July 07, 2010, 10:30 AM
Usopp-sama needs to get back to his usual self, maybe Sogeking will have a word with him. I know it's been said already but it's my first post today so here goes: Rayleigh is a fucking LEGEND!!!! he's basically like " yeah I swan through the calm belt, but let me tell you something, the seakings were more afraid of me than me of them" :p

I want to know more about how Nyon, the Boa sisters and Shakky are involved in this chapter and Rayleigh coming to Amazon Lily. That cover for this chapter is really creepy.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 07, 2010, 10:58 AM
This chapter will be great. I'm looking forward to see the whole chapter))
I really think that the training process is important and is logical. Luffy was shown to be weak to protect his friends and he needs a help from an experienced person such as Rayleigh. At this stage he can't be just talented boy with a Devil Fruit. He needs a training.

And yeah, Rayleigh is badass))

Xerous
July 07, 2010, 10:58 AM
I'm guessing dragon is nearby since there's a storm near and kinda disappointed that Usopp got even fatter but oh well guess i'll have to see how that works out.

hy4k
July 07, 2010, 11:11 AM
it sounds as if both dragon and jimbei dont care much for rayleigh. i wonder why

jiminy
July 07, 2010, 11:41 AM
it sounds as if both dragon and jimbei dont care much for rayleigh. i wonder why

where did you get the impression of that?

I'm guessing dragon is nearby since there's a storm near and kinda disappointed that Usopp got even fatter but oh well guess i'll have to see how that works out.

I had the same thought. Dragon must be protecting the calm belt from people who are trying to get to Amazon Lily. Must have been Iva's doing telling Dragon Luffy's whereabouts

Jorge D. Dragon
July 07, 2010, 11:47 AM
I had the same thought. Dragon must be protecting the calm belt from people who are trying to get to Amazon Lily. Must have been Iva's doing telling Dragon Luffy's whereabouts
It would be interesting.:) In this case Luffy will have an opportunity to train under Rayleigh to become stronger and to gather his nakama.

dagget20
July 07, 2010, 11:58 AM
Im starting to think that chuck norris helped rayleigh to cross calm belt, this is really one of most badass episodes.

k-dom
July 07, 2010, 11:58 AM
Sogeking and heracles are going to help Usopp being back to normal. But if he has still to loose weight and find a way to return while Chopper has already found a way back, it seems they are on different level for the reunification

Strange, the vivre card is in shakky bar, so Sanji won't be lucky enough to see amazon lilly

Mr. Crocodile
July 07, 2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe Usopp will learn that technique kumadori used and get skinny again in a jiffy.. highly unlikely though

Jorge D. Dragon
July 07, 2010, 12:08 PM
His only option is to train:) Otherwise it is not possible to looose this much weight))

narupiece
July 07, 2010, 12:08 PM
Swimming through the Calm Belt, damn! But if Rayleigh is here, then does that mean the Sunny is unguarded at this point?

As for the reunion, I think it will be a situation where Luffy is fighting someone, either on Amazon Lilly or Shabondy, and as more opponents arrive the Strawhats arrive one by one into the battle.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 07, 2010, 12:13 PM
Swimming through the Calm Belt, damn! But if Rayleigh is here, then does that mean the Sunny is unguarded at this point?
I think Shakky is on guard now.;)

As for the reunion, I think it will be a situation where Luffy is fighting someone, either on Amazon Lilly or Shabondy, and as more opponents arrive the Strawhats arrive one by one into the battle.
I think this outcome is possible, but it can be also that they will peacefully come to Shabaody to Shakky's bar. And both Luffy and Rayleigh will come their.

Poneglyph420
July 07, 2010, 12:16 PM

Rayleigh swam to AL??!!! Bad Ass!! But if he's here I guess the "Rosy Life Riders", Hachi, Shakky and Co. must be looking after the Sunny-Go.

@ Goldb What's creepy about the cover it's two friends in an Onsen.
Seems pretty normal to me, especially from a Japanese cultural P.O.V.

I'm really glad the pace is slowly building up..
Rad!

fuzaco
July 07, 2010, 12:17 PM

The guy who looked like Sanji on his wanted poster is protecting the ship. He is the one who has been protecting it from the start, not Rayleigh.

msg
July 07, 2010, 12:18 PM
I was i thinking maybe Rayleigh was swimming with an aid of a floating object like wood.I could be wrong though.Does DF users still sink even with an aid of a floating device? idk Yes i wanna Rayleigh to be df user.His nickname "the dark king" gotta mean something...Rayleigh with and without Df is still awesome

need more pics....

Jorge D. Dragon
July 07, 2010, 12:22 PM
I think he doesn't have DF. He is swimming so, there is no way. And his nickname... he was the right-hand man of the Pirate King, so his creepy nick is rather logical.

DaoneLuffy
July 07, 2010, 12:26 PM
I want to offiacially rename the dark king to billy bad ass, because that move put the bad in bad assery. Gotta thank ODA for the epicness.

I can't wait for the team to get back together I need to see what kind of turmoil is going on in fishma island without whitebeard around. Luffy is going to have to kick sum ass early in the new storyline.

Googlez_kun
July 07, 2010, 12:28 PM
Usopp-sama needs to get back to his usual self, maybe Sogeking will have a word with him. I know it's been said already but it's my first post today so here goes: Rayleigh is a fucking LEGEND!!!! he's basically like " yeah I swan through the calm belt, but let me tell you something, the seakings were more afraid of me than me of them" :p

I want to know more about how Nyon, the Boa sisters and Shakky are involved in this chapter and Rayleigh coming to Amazon Lily. That cover for this chapter is really creepy.
As Poneglyph420 already pointed out,it's rather normal.
Jiraiya and Naruto were doing that:p

deffkryz
July 07, 2010, 12:28 PM
The guy who looked like Sanji on his wanted poster is protecting the ship. He is the one who has been protecting it from the start, not Rayleigh.

But they decided to defend the Sunny while waiting for "the coater" - they don't even seem to know Rayleigh. :s

That cover for this chapter is really creepy.

Agreed, two old fart getting some booze in onsen... I would have preferred Nami and Robin or Margaret and Hancock. :nosebleed Should stop now...

zerocooldx
July 07, 2010, 01:00 PM
Lolz wow Rayleigh is a pretty bad-ass old man. But i wonder what business he has with Luffy? Other then the obvious guess which could be some sort of training or escort.

Poneglyph420
July 07, 2010, 01:04 PM
I would have preferred Nami and Robin or Margaret and Hancock. :nosebleed Should stop now...

Yeah I guess there's a good point.. I'd of enjoyed an "Amazon Lily Edition" Onsen pic. Boa, Margaret and Co... Yum.

But this weeks cover is indeed a common sight in Onsen.

Now it's time....

1nfamous
July 07, 2010, 01:55 PM
Rayleigh is freaking badass! I would have never thought of that happening.

What is to say if the Thousand Sunny was actually there near the Kuji Island? It could be coated and underneath the water. He couldn't bring the Thousand Sunny, because of the calm belt and couldn't afford to give out the location of Luffy? Rayleigh must of thought about not going back to SA, so he brought it with him.

O m gee, Rayleigh is gonna to teach Luffy, a thing or 2. Boa might also teach Luffy. I can see a comic view where Rayleigh teaches luffy the " wrong way" and Boa, interfering and saying this is the right way.

The Mugiwaras meeting on Kuji island is a great idea to me. That means everyone will know the SH are allied with the Kuji Pirates. That means SH is the ONLY pirates that ever been allied with the Kuji Pirates. The kuji warriors will finally meet the SH's and sanji might be cured! lol
Brook will go around asking to see everyones panties <3

fistsofrage
July 07, 2010, 02:01 PM
If Raleigh had a devil fruit and had overcome the swimming weakness to the point where he was able to swim across the calm belt, he would be the most badass, godlike character in one piece.

Bloodwinter
July 07, 2010, 02:43 PM
The spoiler pics were late for One Piece this week, and on the same ticket for some reason Mangastream hasn't been updated in a while either. Any reason that people know of?

SenninSage
July 07, 2010, 03:03 PM
Lolz wow Rayleigh is a pretty bad-ass old man. But i wonder what business he has with Luffy? Other then the obvious guess which could be some sort of training or escort.

Well, the son of his previous captain, Gol D. Roger, has recently been killed, and this kid, Monkey D. Luffy, was literally like a brother to him. He was his family.

I'd say the obligation to do the absolute best I could to help such an individual, would be great, indeed.

zerocooldx
July 07, 2010, 03:25 PM
Well, the son of his previous captain, Gol D. Roger, has recently been killed, and this kid, Monkey D. Luffy, was literally like a brother to him. He was his family.

I'd say the obligation to do the absolute best I could to help such an individual, would be great, indeed.

I don't think Rayleigh really cared for Ace all that much, unless of course we find out that he knew Ace and they had some type of a relationship. And in turn Rayleigh decided to stay away from Ace for his own good or something. But even that wouldn't explain Rayleigh not shown up at Marineford to fight for Ace. Especially since here he is right now showing up for Luffy's sake. So traveling wasn't really the issue that prevented him from helping save Ace. And as we saw Rayleigh didn't really show any signs of remorse at all for Ace, he actually cracked a bit of a smile as he watched the war come to an end. I'de say Luffy has peaked Rayleigh interest more so then Ace ever seems to have.

SenninSage
July 07, 2010, 03:32 PM
Come on, even you can't believe that. Didn't care for Ace that much? Let's be real here. Ace was a good, honorable person, and he was the son of Gol D. Roger, how in god's name could Rayleigh not care all that much for him? He probably couldn't do anything in time to save him.

Dadan didn't show up, did she not care for Ace? Shanks didn't show up till much later, did she not care? Garp was right there, and did nothing to prevent Ace from being killed, did he also not care?

He was playing the cool guy attitude towards the whole situation, Rayleigh I mean, but he knows the significance of losing Whitebeard in the sea. You honestly think he'd be happy about Ace, much less Whitebeard's death? He probably has more reason to be happy about Whitebeards, to be honest, but I'm positive you'll find he wasn't such a person.

Perhaps the most incorrect statement I've ever seen you make with regards to One Piece in general. It's so far off base to even remotely assume that Rayleigh would care nothing, or be happy about Ace's death, when, from just meeting Luffy and his crew once, he put himself at risk to protect them.

I assume, if he had the means to properly help Ace, he would've. Obviously traveling wasn't an issue? His ship was destroyed.... And maybe he couldn't possibly swim all the way through to Marineford?

zerocooldx
July 07, 2010, 03:43 PM
Come on, even you can't believe that. Didn't care for Ace that much? Let's be real here. Ace was a good, honorable person, and he was the son of Gol D. Roger, how in god's name could Rayleigh not care all that much for him. He probably couldn't do anything in time to save him.

He was playing the cool guy attitude towards the whole situation. You honestly think he'd be happy about Ace, much less Whitebeard's death? He probably has more reason to be happy about Whitebeards, to be honest, but I'm positive you'll find he wasn't such a person.

Perhaps the most incorrect statement I've ever seen you make with regards to One Piece in general. It's so far off base to even remotely assume that Rayleigh would care nothing, or be happy about Ace's death, when, from just meeting Luffy and his crew once, he put himself at risk to protect them.

I assume, if he had the means to properly help Ace, he would've. Obviously traveling wasn't an issue? His ship was destroyed.... And maybe he couldn't possibly swim all the way through to Marineford?

Who cares if Ace was a good, honorable person? That doesn't mean that people have to automatically have deep seated feelings for him. And what do you mean Rayleigh couldn't do anything in time to save Ace? The execution was known by everyone well in advance. If he had wanted to save Ace he could have easy been there to fight. Time or transportation were never an obstacle here. End of story. And the fact of the matter is, whether you like it or not, is that if Rayleigh truly cared for Ace, as much as you claim that he did, then he would have been there. Shanks had to problem showing up, and he barely knew Ace.

lawlord
July 07, 2010, 03:49 PM
Who cares if Ace was a good, honorable person? That doesn't mean that people have to automatically have deep seated feelings for him. And what do you mean Rayleigh couldn't do anything in time to save Ace? The execution was known by everyone well in advance. If he had wanted to save Ace he could have easy been there to fight. Time or transportation were never an obstacle here. End of story. And the fact of the matter is, whether you like it or not, is that if Rayleigh truly cared for Ace, as much as you claim that he did, then he would have been there. Shanks had to problem showing up, and he barely knew Ace.

this is true. It saddens me I hope there is an explanation on his behalf. To have such a close relation with Ace and do nothing is mean :(

zerocooldx
July 07, 2010, 03:59 PM
If Rayleigh really swam all the way from Sabaody to Amazon Lily then that is just insane and ridiculous. Because this is approximately the distance we would have had to cover in a few short days.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2733/opgeocalmbeltqr9.jpg

Freid
July 07, 2010, 03:59 PM
Come on, even you can't believe that. Didn't care for Ace that much? Let's be real here. Ace was a good, honorable person, and he was the son of Gol D. Roger, how in god's name could Rayleigh not care all that much for him? He probably couldn't do anything in time to save him.

Dadan didn't show up, did she not care for Ace? Shanks didn't show up till much later, did she not care? Garp was right there, and did nothing to prevent Ace from being killed, did he also not care?

He was playing the cool guy attitude towards the whole situation, Rayleigh I mean, but he knows the significance of losing Whitebeard in the sea. You honestly think he'd be happy about Ace, much less Whitebeard's death? He probably has more reason to be happy about Whitebeards, to be honest, but I'm positive you'll find he wasn't such a person.

zerocooldx is right. rayleigh did not and has not much reason to care for ace. like he rightly stated 'Who cares if Ace was a good, honorable person? That doesn't mean that people have to automatically have deep seated feelings for him'. caring for someone is not something that you can do because of stupid things like 'he was a good boy'. that kind of feeling towards someone cannot be achieved like that. even in real life, if say my best friend's son died, sure i would sympathise for my friend and some for the kid aswel but the emotional attachment just wouldnt be there. rayleigh did not know ace personally so how can he care for him despite him being his captains son. on top of that he is trying to keep himself in the shadows and not cause any trouble so why would he go out of his way to save ace who he did not know all in the name of 'being a good, honourable person'?...the only type of caring rayleigh would feel and only motivation for saving ace would be what would happen to the OP world after ace's death.

Schabrak
July 07, 2010, 04:00 PM
Being the son of his old captain doesn't make them close friends, just as it wasn't his assignment to go against the New Age, he's retired after all.

even in real life, if say my best friend's son died, sure i would sympathise for my friend and some for the kid aswel but the emotional attachment just wouldnt be there.
Coldhearted as someone can be... I hope your "uncle" sheds a tear for you, when you r.i.p.-_-

frontaLobotomy
July 07, 2010, 04:15 PM
There are a multitude of reasons why Rayleigh didn't try to save Ace. The most significant being that he was part of the Whitebeard Pirates. Why would one legend go out of their way to disrespect the other? Ace had the chance to run, but chose to face off against an Admiral. Had Rayleigh been there, the outcome would have been no different I would imagine.
I'm wondering if Luffy will ask Rayleigh about how he was able to strike a Logia, as I'm sure he won't have forgotten him saving Zoro's life.

DARK
July 07, 2010, 04:18 PM
Chapter's out!
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/1|
Edit: What a weird cover, seeing Rayleigh and Crocus bathing in the same tub together.

Vetinari clone
July 07, 2010, 04:28 PM
Looks like luffy's bounty has probably gone up again, plus he's gonna learn haki from rayleigh. Darn but I can't wait for the next chapter!

kidopitz27
July 07, 2010, 04:29 PM
on the last page chopper saw another news that luffy was on maybe luffy's new bounty or he is the next most wanted pirate

Schabrak
July 07, 2010, 04:34 PM
Seems more like Luffy has done something unexpected again.

Rayleigh still has such a massive build, woah! XD

Bonfire01
July 07, 2010, 04:37 PM
on the last page chopper saw another news that luffy was on maybe luffy's new bounty or he is the next most wanted pirate

I think he just read about Luffy's part in the war. Before he was only talking about something bad happenning to Ace, so he might have only found out about his planned execution. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I loved the chapter. Rayleigh's arrival was epic! It was going to be hard to make him seem any cooler after his fight with Kizaru, but Oda did it :). Not only can he swim an INREDIBLY long way but we also know he's that powerful without having a DF (since he's not a hammer). I also like the way Oda left his chat with Luffy. It really looks like he's going to train Luffy, and with the immediate switch to Usopp and Chopper we might see the fruits of his labour in his next tough fight, in a similar way to seeing 2nd and 3rd gears against CP9. I can only imagine it'll be Haki (at last!) and maybe we'll see some training in a flashback with a bit of an explanation.

I hope we'll see more of the crew next chapter and then them meeting up in a couple of chapters on SA, with their new power-ups.

mr.danly
July 07, 2010, 04:42 PM
Looks like Rayleigh's about to start training Luffy in Haki! EPICNESS. And Chopper seems to have found about Luffy's new bounty or something, which is likely something completely ridiculous. And I couldn't help but laugh at Usopp in the mid-right panel http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/17, he for some reason reminded me of a really fat starfish, like Patrick or something.

Drmke
July 07, 2010, 04:43 PM
I'm thinking Luffy has become more wanted in some sense. Higher bounty or the Marines declaring him top priority of something of that nature. If its just that he participated in the "war", I don't see why Chopper would be as surprised as he is, I mean of course Luffy was gonna be there....

Also, he sound "again". So that's why I'm leaning towards having a higher bounty,more wanted, etc.

OdaForPresident
July 07, 2010, 04:44 PM
That's Oda...ending the chapter on a huge cliffhanger. I really wanna see whats in that paper!!

But what really stood out for me was the Usopp part, especially the part about the island eating its inhabitants. That was not previously seen in the manga, but was in the anime! I guess we can safely assume that the other anime episodes were also real. Yes that includes very gay Sanji.

ps. Holland vs Spain World championship final!! :-) Go Holland!!!!

Youbba
July 07, 2010, 04:47 PM
I think he just read about Luffy's part in the war. Before he was only talking about something bad happenning to Ace, so he might have only found out about his planned execution. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yep I agree with you and also in the box in page 17, it's start by "Meanwhile" so both Ussop and Chopper stories are in current time.

chess4
July 07, 2010, 04:48 PM
LOOKS like luffy's bounty has gone up. it also seems that the anime episode about usopp was canon after all. it also seems that luffy is about to get some training from rayleigh.

mlinko
July 07, 2010, 04:50 PM
In this chapter Oda left two big cliffhangers... can't wait to see what happend now. But did you see how Usopp behaved
http://static3.mangastream.com/manga/5/71384529/12.png

He has grown some balls. Usopp is fulfilling his dream of becoming a brave warrior.

DARK
LOOKS like luffy's bounty has gone up. it also seems that the anime episode about usopp was canon after all. it also seems that luffy is about to get some training from rayleigh.

Of course that episode was canon. Unlike other mangaka, Oda is actually directly involved in the production of the anime series.
It also proves that the "island" is actually a carnivorous plant.

Bloodwinter
So was I the only one fanatic to finally see Kuma's intentions revealed? I hope they go more in-depth with that elaboration later-on. Why do you think he picked these Islands the way he did? And was this the full revelation that he had told Rayleigh at Saboady Archipelago? It seemed like too little to really shock the Dark King.

What do you think Chopper saw about Luffy in the paper at the end? He knew about what happened at Marineford, so why does this new newsprint surprise him so much? Something seems off.

I'm definitely glad to see that his crew-mates care about him so deeply. Usopp really surprised me. A lot of the time he acts tough during the clutch moments, but they still do the knee-shake thing that shows he's actually scared. In this particular instance, it doesn't show this at all, he's willing to do or die to see Luffy again.

Also, what do you think Rayleigh is going to suggest for Luffy to do?

[Edit]: I've said time and time again that these episodes in the anime have been cannon, so I'm glad to be reassured in that. I truly do admire Oda's commitment / writing.

damane08
I'm thinking Luffy has become more wanted in some sense. Higher bounty or the Marines declaring him top priority of something of that nature. If its just that he participated in the "war", I don't see why Chopper would be as surprised as he is, I mean of course Luffy was gonna be there....

Also, he sound "again". So that's why I'm leaning towards having a higher bounty,more wanted, etc.

Exactly, I don't see Chopper having such a reaction after finding out that Luffy participated in the war, it has to be something bigger than that.

I am also leaning towards Luffy having a higher bounty but even then chopper didn't react like that when Luffy's bounty tripled before (granted he was upset about his) so it could even be something bigger than that..... just gotta wait until next week to find out.

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 04:51 PM
Wow and here I thought that Ussopp would be eating to get over his depression but no!

I'm sorry to have doubted you Ussopp!

Chopper really did solve the problems on the island, hehe :p

So I wonder what happened on that news, did Luffy's bounty increase, or did the entire crew's bounty increase.

Or maybe they lied and said that Luffy was captured?

wing_gundam
July 07, 2010, 04:52 PM
I'm a little disappointing at the nakama arcs so far. Seems like they were pretty linear and predictable. Luffy's arc definitely had some twists that were hard to predict (ie blackbeard gaining power of 2 fruits) and not everyone was going with the idea that both WB and Ace would die. I would just wish that the nakamas would do something new I guess. It looks like Chopper doesn't even have any new power - maybe just confidence, which it seems Ussopp does too.

Poneglyph420
July 07, 2010, 04:54 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/7

This panel with Law really opens my eyes.. Law seems to have some idea about the "D" and about a impending "storm".... Now I'm really curious as to what's his deal... He sure plays it cool, but knows more than he's letting on.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/10

Kuma works for the RA. Now it's only a matter if he has been modified beyond all recall or if there's a deeper secret to him... IMO there's still some hope even if it's a small chance... Maybe ..?

Amazing....

Sweet.

I think Luffy's bounty went up and he's likely now one of the top 10 enemies of the WG.

sugarwaterpurple
July 07, 2010, 04:58 PM
So I wonder what happened on that news, did Luffy's bounty increase, or did the entire crew's bounty increase.

Or maybe they lied and said that Luffy was captured?

I think his bounty either jumped up to what may be the highest one we've seen in this manga yet (higher than doflamingo's), or he has been declared the world government's top priority for capture or death. He is probably up there with the government's top priorities along with Blackbeard and his crew anyway, but im praying his bounty sky rockets to a new height as well.

zerocooldx
July 07, 2010, 04:58 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Luffy just cracked the top 10 most wanted list? Like father like son i suppose.

Gats
July 07, 2010, 05:00 PM
Nice chapter. Man this cliffhanger is killing me.

k-dom
July 07, 2010, 05:05 PM
Chapter's out!
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/1|
Edit: What a weird cover, seeing Rayleigh and Crocus bathing in the same tub together.

Don't you know about japanese public bathes ? We have seen them at least twice in the series so far

Damn this chapter is just too much. For 1 answer (what kuma said to rayleigh) we have 19 others.
In particular i'm curious about this D law is talking about
Usopp it's time you invent one of your crazy machine. I'm counting on you !

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 05:08 PM
Lol if Ussopp gets eaten, I wonder where he'll go xD Digested or sent trough some inter dimensional hole into somewhere? xD

hy4k
July 07, 2010, 05:10 PM
KUMA THE REVOLUTIONARY BITCHES!

the best thing about this chapter is that he confirmed he was undercover. Kuma = Serpico

Bloodwinter
July 07, 2010, 05:11 PM

This panel with Law really opens my eyes.. Law seems to have some idea about the "D" and about a impending "storm".... Now I'm really curious as to what's his deal... He sure plays it cool, but knows more than he's letting on

I think Luffy's bounty went up and he's likely now one of the top 10 enemies of the WG.
That was actually something I was wondering myself. What does he mean "What is Rayleigh thinking?" did he reveal some crazy scheme to Law or did he know regardless? Is he speaking of Dragon when he meant "D" or all "D"s?

[Edit]: Also I think we're going to see a new outfit for Luffy sometime soon! It has been foreshadowed by Marigold. It seems as though she knows to to make him women's clothes this time too.

yoyomanyo300
July 07, 2010, 05:15 PM

Sanji is Homo now. But maybe the kuja's will make him turn back to normal. And that was mostly Luffy's bounty raising or someone else close to Luffy or someone he knows has died without him knowing. Rayleigh is probably there to train Luffy and asks him to wait a little bit because if he goes back he'll easily be defeated by the ones that kicked his ass in SA like Badass Rayleigh( who swam!!!! ACROSS THE CALM BELT ALONE!!) was saying. Iono whats gonna happen next cause all these twists makes me want to see the next chapter NAO EVERY SINGLE TIME.

k-dom
July 07, 2010, 05:15 PM
I'm surprised to see that some people did not see the difference of what was canon and what was not in the anime episodes. I'm really curious about Sanji now. I wonder what next chapter will be, the continuation of this one or the whereabouts of other strawhats. I guess the latter is more probable

Doomchen
July 07, 2010, 05:18 PM
dang it that chapter was great. some revelations plus some indications on where the story is heading, seems like no meeting at sabaody. Also, Rayleigh is just amazing, nice indicator of what the strength of the pirate king has to be if the vice-captain at an older age is still one of the strongest characters. Loooong way to go but can't wait to see what happens next!

Shinmen_Takezo
July 07, 2010, 05:18 PM
I was really thinking about it and came to one conclusion with Chopper's phrase "You did it again", what Chopper witnessed Luffy doing? We have Enies Lobby and the defeat of a Shicibukai (Crocodile), you see? I thinking that the WG put the blame of MOria's death on Luffy's back.
note:first post XD

zerocooldx
July 07, 2010, 05:19 PM
Rayleigh's sheer manliness at the start of the chapter would bring a tear to a glass eye.

hy4k
July 07, 2010, 05:20 PM
another thing to note. we can assume that everything we've seen the other strawhats do in the anime is canon. as if there was ever any doubt

chopper flew a giant bird, usopp is on an island that eats its inhabitants.

GomuGomuNo
July 07, 2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think that ruffy is now 1 of the Top 10 most wanted, because chopper said "why AGAIN".

It must be something who happened before, i hope his bounty has increased :amuse

hy4k
July 07, 2010, 05:25 PM
I was really thinking about it and came to one conclusion with Chopper's phrase "You did it again", what Chopper witnessed Luffy doing? We have Enies Lobby and the defeat of a Shicibukai (Crocodile), you see? I thinking that the WG put the blame of MOria's death on Luffy's back.
note:first post XD

"why again?" could be a lot of things?

why did you hurt yourself so badly again?

why have my nakama been hurt again?

Akainu
July 07, 2010, 05:28 PM
the "hurt again" theory makes no sense though. Chopper knows that Luffy has been hurt, that's the ultimate reason why he wants to go back to meet his crew. also it's clearly Luffy he is talking about not the rest of his nakama and as fanmade as it sounds, but I think Chopper is making that face because of a new bounty, because it is something Luffy hasn't done himself, he was out after the war, after all.

zerocooldx
July 07, 2010, 05:30 PM
"why again?" could be a lot of things?

why did you hurt yourself so badly again?

why have my nakama been hurt again?

But how would Chopper get any of that from the news papers? He already knows Luffy is hurt pretty badly, and the news papers really shouldn't have anything to say about the other SH's. So its most likely something similar to what happened at Enies Lobby. When Luffy's defiance towards the WG took center stage. He probably cracked the most wanted list with his latest actions.

Edit: Akainu you suck. <.<

hy4k
July 07, 2010, 05:32 PM
the "hurt again" theory makes no sense though. Chopper knows that Luffy has been hurt, that's the ultimate reason why he wants to go back to meet his crew. also it's clearly Luffy he is talking about not the rest of his nakama and as fanmade as it sounds, but I think Chopper is making that face because of a new bounty, because it is something Luffy hasn't done himself, he was out after the war, after all.

the reason i dont think it's a new bounty is because chopper seems to be exclaiming with despair. he's never struck me as someone who'd be bothered if lufyf got a new bounty (unlike nami for example)

he's despairing about something that's happened to luffy, but i've got no idea what it is. i thought maybe he had incomplete information about the whitebeard war and he only just found out about the conclusion but who knows?

Zojo
July 07, 2010, 05:33 PM

I don't think it's a new bounty...despite Chopper's habit of overreacting..it's usually to immediate danger and not something more trivial like a bounty increase.

The fact that he says "again" seems like Luffy did something reckless again...perhaps whatever plan Rayliegh suggested. Now...as to what in god's name that would be...no idea.

Another theory for a fan would be it's Bon-chan doing something as Luffy. Highly HIGHLY doubtful though lol

k-dom
July 07, 2010, 05:37 PM
dang it that chapter was great. some revelations plus some indications on where the story is heading, seems like no meeting at sabaody.
Yes it is since his vivre card is still there.

And I agree, I can't see anything credible beside the bounty increase.

Also it seems that chopper gain nothing from being sent there so maybe we should not expect a power up for every member.

AkabBalam
July 07, 2010, 05:39 PM
My take on Choppers reaction is, Of a major bounty increase for Luffy. This chapter was very cool. The story is getting back on track. NowWe only have to see the other Strawhats trying to get back.

mtadd
July 07, 2010, 05:39 PM
This chapter has confirmed it for me that Dragon Has a weather paramecia. Who else would "D" refer to?

This is followed up by other reasons like the lightning that save luffy in louge town, also how the wind blew perfectly for them. Also after reading when we first met garp he told luffy that he met his dad and that he sent him off in louge town. Also the references of the the wind blowing around him.

If Law knows Dragon then it also makes sense of why Law would help Luffy.

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 05:41 PM
I don't think it's a new bounty...despite Chopper's habit of overreacting..it's usually to immediate danger and not something more trivial like a bounty increase.

The fact that he says "again" seems like Luffy did something reckless again...perhaps whatever plan Rayliegh suggested. Now...as to what in god's name that would be...no idea.

Another theory for a fan would be it's Bon-chan doing something as Luffy. Highly HIGHLY doubtful though lol

Not possible since this is happening @ the same time Luffy is talking to Rayleigh.

And having the Bounty increased means that he has done something outrageous again, and he did, fight against the WG.

Also maybe only now the truth has been given to the world and they are learning about Luffy's true doings.

That or the WG has put all it's efforts in capturing Luffy.

abc1233
July 07, 2010, 05:43 PM
the reason i dont think it's a new bounty is because chopper seems to be exclaiming with despair. he's never struck me as someone who'd be bothered if lufyf got a new bounty (unlike nami for example)

he's despairing about something that's happened to luffy, but i've got no idea what it is. i thought maybe he had incomplete information about the whitebeard war and he only just found out about the conclusion but who knows?

well to some people it is something to despair about, a higher bounty means more danger as more people will be willing to hunt you down, and chopper obviously wants to avoid such a danger.

The events at enies lobby were tiny compared to the events at marinford and he got akainu severely pissed off so I wouldn't be surprised if his bounty is in the billions now. The bounty of the entire crew may have also been increased quite considerably because of luffy as they are considered his allies, chopper may actually have a bounty more than 1 mil XD

Von-gola Primo
July 07, 2010, 05:43 PM
if someone already said this, i didnt have the time to read every post.

it seems like luffy got a higher bounty and i think chopper will meet up with luffy first.

narupiece
July 07, 2010, 05:44 PM
I don't think it's a bounty increase. Chopper is not the brightest but any idiot would expect (or at least not be suprised by) a bounty increase if he knew about Luffy's participation in the war. It would make more sense for there to be some approaching danger which they have encountered in the past. Judging by the terror on Chopper's face I would think an admiral or maybe Garp was sent out to hunt Luffy and there was an article about it.

SuperShuter
July 07, 2010, 05:45 PM
This is getting exciting, as ussop is in a situation where he is going to have to become rambo to get off this island and he's also got full motivation. I like how Oda has also decided on just going straight for two random crew members, as its hard to break a trend in doing the whole crew alltogether and their reaction at once, or for that matter deciding an order in which he will show the crew members.

Also we learn't that Kuma actually is still part of the revolutionaries, and I think he is of course some kind of double agent for dragon, who has now got information on vega punks works, even if it meens temporarley or forever sacrificing Kuma.

sugarwaterpurple
July 07, 2010, 05:51 PM
I really doubt his bounty is in the billions, but it had to of climbed pretty high. One thing to definitely consider is all the crap he's done since his last bounty increase. Punch a tenryuubito and escape from the situation, break into Impel Down and also leave with 241/help Blackbeard cause his own havoc, and on top of it all he joined into the war with Whitebeard and was exposed as Ace's brother and son of Dragon...and escape. Not only that, the world government now knows, or should by now after his public example, that he has the Haki of the kings that shows he has the ability to become ridiculously strong. Hell, it might be in the billions, but i have my doubts.

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 05:54 PM
:onoz ZOMG!!! :onoz

What a f**king amazing chapter! :wtf

*ahem..sorry about that*

I'm really glad that we got that Kuma-RV issue (back on SA) resolved now!" He really was/is :p working for them. I knew it and most of you guys did too. Yatta! Rayleigh definitely is a badass and I would sure like to know what he has planned for Luffy. ;) Usopp's SH declaration almost made me :crying. I love you Oda. Great chapter and I really can't wait for ch. 592!

*I must calm down now. :om*

Zojo
Not possible since this is happening @ the same time Luffy is talking to Rayleigh.

And having the Bounty increased means that he has done something outrageous again, and he did, fight against the WG.

Also maybe only now the truth has been given to the world and they are learning about Luffy's true doings.

That or the WG has put all it's efforts in capturing Luffy.

I dont' know, it could be a little bit later after Rayliegh arrives that Chopper reads the newspaper.

Then again, I could agree with you about the WG putting all it's efforts into capturing Luffy. By that, I could guess the World Government maybe is spreading some sort of lie about Luffy (like he's attacking some sort of government facility) or some other cover.

mtadd
This is getting exciting, as ussop is in a situation where he is going to have to become rambo to get off this island and he's also got full motivation. I like how Oda has also decided on just going straight for two random crew members, as its hard to break a trend in doing the whole crew alltogether and their reaction at once, or for that matter deciding an order in which he will show the crew members.

Also we learn't that Kuma actually is still part of the revolutionaries, and I think he is of course some kind of double agent for dragon, who has now got information on vega punks works, even if it meens temporarley or forever sacrificing Kuma.

It also seems like Kuma knew where he wanted to send every person. He had to have intel on the strawhats. It makes more sense now that almost every person is going to gain some knowledge or abilities in this short frame of time.

tereta_foba
July 07, 2010, 05:56 PM
I don't think it's a bounty increase. Chopper is not the brightest but any idiot would expect (or at least not be suprised by) a bounty increase if he knew about Luffy's participation in the war. It would make more sense for there to be some approaching danger which they have encountered in the past. Judging by the terror on Chopper's face I would think an admiral or maybe Garp was sent out to hunt Luffy and there was an article about it.

i agree with that.......if it was a bounty increase why would chopper say ''again''??? i think that the news are about Impel Down.....this is the 2nd marine building that gets distroyed by luffy so ''again'' would make sence...
and then it says that an admiral or something search him.....;)

Nonlife
July 07, 2010, 05:57 PM
It seems obvious only a bigger bounty could cause Chopper to freak out like that. (He already knew about Ace's untimely death before he left the island).

dragash1
I liked boa´s part, she´s damn cute.
im sure she will fit wel in SH.
hope oda is going to skip luffy´s trainin, if hes going to get some.

Von-gola Primo
This chapter has confirmed it for me that Dragon Has a weather paramecia. Who else would "D" refer to?

This is followed up by other reasons like the lightning that save luffy in louge town, also how the wind blew perfectly for them. Also after reading when we first met garp he told luffy that he met his dad and that he sent him off in louge town. Also the references of the the wind blowing around him.

If Law knows Dragon then it also makes sense of why Law would help Luffy.
i guesss u are right :D:D

Poneglyph420
July 07, 2010, 05:58 PM

Well that's one possibility...
But there is no evidence, just conjecture.. So hmm... maybe..?..

We still don't know Sh!t about the "D" lineage or what connection they may have.... But for certain Law has some knowledge and your predictions could be correct....

IMO Law's statement has nothing to do with Dragon.. and it's a metaphorical "storm" that's approaching..

BTW Welcome to MH! :amuse

Zojo
July 07, 2010, 05:59 PM
but to think Dragon would issue a storm against someone trying to help his son? I wonder if there's some underlying operation to the "storms"

Von-gola Primo
July 07, 2010, 06:01 PM

dude Garp was shown in luffy's home town last chapter, so he cant be sent to hunt luffy and 1 more thing, the WG dont know about luffy's where about:mad:amuse

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 06:07 PM
Like Poneglyph420 stated, there's no confirmation or proof that it was Dragon! I say it's Nami & co floating on Weatherie Island and heading towards SA....but now AL? Wouldn't it be great if we got an update on the RV's recent movements during the Marinford War? I hope we do soon. That would be sweet.

I loved the Jinbei x Boa exchange. :XD

sameekapdi
July 07, 2010, 06:14 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter. Rayleigh is so badass and now that we know he doesn't have a devil fruit, he is even more badass.

Did anyone else get the feeling that Shakky might also be from the Isle of Women?

Can't wait to find out what is written in the newspaper.

jromz03
July 07, 2010, 06:17 PM
YES! Dark king is the next nakama!

Nah, kidding aside... At least we now have confirmation that Da King (get it?) isn't a fruit user and his sheer manliness to swim almost all the way is just too awesome.

OldSkOoL
July 07, 2010, 06:19 PM
I'm undecided, I am leaning towards a Bounty increase more than an Admiral after Luffy just with all the stuff he's done recently it'd be crazy for him not to get a bounty increase.

On a completely unrelated note. How did Chopper pay for that paper..... >_>

Organizized
July 07, 2010, 06:19 PM
It seems Oda did tell the animators what to put in the anime, after all. Everything that happened in the filler episodes seems to have been canon even though it wasn't in the manga. It all checks out. I'm glad. :amuse

Lord Rayleigh
July 07, 2010, 06:23 PM

If Chopper had money when Kuma made him fly, he would still have it since he still wear his clothes.

maaseru
July 07, 2010, 06:23 PM
The Dark King can't be a nakama, he swam to the island for gods sake he is to powerful. Maybe Jimbei should be the new nakama both for the promise he made to Ace and the connecton to Fish Island.

Also I think the DKs plan is for Luffy to turn himself in? Maybe or something like that is the only thing that could appear in the papers. Maybe He took the Island of Women "hostage" to get the attetion of the crew.

ALso the Kuma thing was the most awesome, he was still working for Dragon!!! So what else did he tell them or why was he completly converted to robot? A Vegapunk arc soon? please?!?!?

Rotten The Wizard
July 07, 2010, 06:27 PM
i would think its obvious that Rayleigh is going to train luffy.......
O_o maybe im just insane and havent been paying attention all along

terrorei
July 07, 2010, 06:30 PM
Yes it is since his vivre card is still there.

Thats what I'm wondering about, the only thing I can remember is that the Vivrecard leads someone to the owner (whos nails were used) and not to an other Vivrecard. I don't disagree with possibility that there is an other Card witch is pointed to, but I simply cann't remeber where it was. The places I remember the VivreCard was mentioned was in Alabasta by Ace and once by Lola on Thriller Bark. (I simply have not the time right now to reread that part right now)

And I agree, I can't see anything credible beside the bounty increase.

I see still one thing that could cause such a reaction, and it would fit the translation that was used by Mangastream (through I know thats not always exact, but we have to live with it for now).
1. It's possible he read, that he infiltrated Impeldown and freed the criminals all by himself the same way they said he was the one who destroyed Eneys Loby, thought it was the Marines itself.
2. Thats more far fetched, but still possible. Someone other important to Luffy had been captured by the Marines and is going to be executed.
2.1 It could be Mr. 2 who helped him in Impel down
2.2 Coby who stood up against an Admiral and that for ensured Luffys escape. Through I know Garp would never allow that to happen. But assuming that the CD could pull some trigger to ensure that Garp is not there and don't know what is going to happen to Cuby.
2.3 The most vague possibility is that Dragon or even Shanks was cough.

But at the end there is no doubt he also got a Bounty increase.

Also it seems that chopper gain nothing from being sent there so maybe we should not expect a power up for every member.

To be honest I would love to see Chopper more in the Supporter role, so its not simply 1on1 in the future but more of a team fight. (But It would cause Oda much more work so I doubt that will happen).
But in talking about Powerups he may use his interaction possibilty with animals more often, so that they support him in some way.

Sanji may get over his attitude before women. By that I mean the restrainedly to hit women, though there are that one who would deserve it. Or he would become the same role as Face in A-Team, to seduce women to get information or something like this.

narupiece
July 07, 2010, 06:34 PM
dude Garp was shown in luffy's home town last chapter, so he cant be sent to hunt luffy and 1 more thing, the WG dont know about luffy's where about:mad:amuse

I'm well aware we saw Garp there I just included him because he is someone that would scare Chopper. As for the WG not knowing where Luffy is, I believe searching for him would be included in "hunting."

chitgoks
July 07, 2010, 06:34 PM
wow this chapter left me with lots of questions.chapter should have shown rayleigh telling us what he tells luffy

chopper's surprise reaction could have come next. we got both in the same chapter ... tsk ... till next week

BlackHair
July 07, 2010, 06:43 PM
Dammit Rayleigh is dumbass awesome. Swimming trough calm belt cutting everything in his way? Hahaha I totally see Zoro in him.

GomuGomuNo
July 07, 2010, 06:46 PM
could it be that choppers reaction has something to do with the people who were around with luffy? croc, buggy ...? i doubt it, but who knows?

why? how can this be? ehhhh? no way!...

i thought about the words and i don't think that if luffy bounty increased, he would ask why and how can this be...

BlackHair
July 07, 2010, 06:50 PM
I guess a bounty raise? Makes the best sense imo.

sarutobi_sensei
July 07, 2010, 06:52 PM
Oh how I loled @ Boa asking what to do to be married with him xD Get a baby girl! Get a baby!

And who knew that they would all know each other xD

I think that Shakky can predict the future. Really she was dead on, on everything!

And lol @ Boa only noticing Rayleigh like 10 minutes after xD

TheBlackLotus
July 07, 2010, 06:52 PM
Chopper's reaction is most likely news of Luffy infiltrating Impel Down or a bounty increase, i didn't catch anything that states any time passing from when chopper gets the newspaper and Luffy and Rayleigh's discussion. What we could just start to see is the other crew member's reactions for a chapter or two. It seems likely that they're going to try getting back with Luffy whichever way they can.

As for Rayleigh, hard to say what he's telling Luffy at the moment, hopefully it'll be revealed soon.

monkeyD.
July 07, 2010, 06:53 PM
I think law is working with or knows dragon. And that dragon may have sunk rayleighs ship since law said what is rayleigh thinking and that "d" (for dragon) will surely conjour up another storm which we know he's good at. And chopper just witnessed a massive bounty for luffy

BlackHair
July 07, 2010, 06:59 PM
Author notes: What now?! (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/20) That only means it has to be sth new. A Bounty raise seems to me the best prediction. Especially since Chopper is saying "why again".

@Googlz: thx dude, I knew "author" was wrong, just "editor" didn't occurred to me.

Googlez_kun
July 07, 2010, 07:04 PM
Author notes: What now?! (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/20) That only means it has to be sth new. A Bounty raise seems to me the best prediction. Especially since Chopper is saying "why again".

Not author notes,editor notes.
The caption at the end of each chapter is written by the editor to increase the tension.

Shiro-kun
July 07, 2010, 07:06 PM
The Incidents in Impel Down and Marineford will difinately raise Luffy reputation and infamy. so definately a bounty raise on his part..

naruttom
July 07, 2010, 07:08 PM
man rayleigh is sumthin else, he swam across an ocean and defeated th sea king without breaking a sweat and says:
"i've gotten a bit old, and my body dun move as well as it used to be"..
in future i see the relationship b/w luffy and law same as tht of roger's and WB's..
remind me how do the gorgon sisters know rayleigh?..or is it a new development?..
kuma is planning sumthin big..dun kno y rayleigh didnt listen to him!!..
ussop really need some exercise and diet...man y did oda so drastically change usoop and sanji??..chopper became the savior of the torino kingdom...i guess luffy's bounty just increased tremendously judging by chopper's expression...all in all a nice chapter to stir up future great chapters!!...

deprince69
July 07, 2010, 07:08 PM
i am guessing time has passed and everyone hasn't reliazed how long has it been while luffy been going crazy or something, man there is no enough or bits of pieces of whats coming to us... anything is possible so much hype

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 07:10 PM
I definitely agree with you, BlackHair. It's most likely a new bounty imo. I can't see a random incident happening again especially from Chopper's reaction. There maybe more information in regards to Luffy and his relation to Dragon (& the RV's) in the newspapaer as well? You never know, the WG may have made "something up" this time around about Luffy? I can't see how that would help or benefit them though.

Mmm. So they give Luffy a bounty raise but ignore the level 6 prisoners that have just escaped from ID. lol. I wonder whether we'll see a BB bounty soon!?

GomuGomuNo
July 07, 2010, 07:13 PM
kums is a revolutionairy, why did he hurt zorro so badly?

bruticus171
July 07, 2010, 07:14 PM
Off by a mile but i think the news paper say that Luffy had died in the war, which would be crazy but the best way to cover up what had happen at the end of the war. This would also put the marines as the a win situation instead of a lost one. (even though ace and whitebread had died)

Shiro-kun
July 07, 2010, 07:16 PM
The World Goverment has a reason , there just covering up there shame from having those escapees from ID and are not willing to announce that they effed up despite it being a critical emergency much larger than Whitebeard's threat...

They may be more willing to just give bounties to just BB and Luffy , just because everyone saw it and heard about it .

deffkryz
July 07, 2010, 07:16 PM
This chapter... was hilarious. I've read it some hours ago, and I'm still suppress laughter because of the first few pages.

So the super-strong Rayleigh seems to be either a complete moron or he just has extremely bad luck when it comes to sailing the sea... Seems like to be some kind of bad mojo?

<baseless theory class="out of nothing">
Since he's a swordsman, does he probably carry the Nidai or even the Shoudai Kitetsu?
</baseless theory>

And he also has some scars on his body - though they are smaller than Zoro's... What kind of power house did Ray probably fight? And is this an outlook of what may happen to Zoro (scar on his right eye to come)?

I wonder as well how "dull" Hancock may become in the next chapters. I've been liking this so far but... I hope Oda won't stress it too much since she seems to me not much far from tear down her clothes and jump on Luffy (that lucky bastard :nosebleed). Her interaction with Jinbei somehow was nice, as well as she mistook Luffy's hug for marriage - but that Rayleigh part almose overdid it IMHO.

The part about "Peony (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Shakuyaku)" sure was a nice detail - and one of the moments you ask yourself: "Where the hell did Oda that pull from?" Nicely and subtly announced by her name - but does that make her a former but now banned Kuja?

I'm expecting that Oda will continue to show the Mugiwaras while showing and their reaction to the news, some more glimpses about what's gonna happen to Luffy. I don't expect the last news Chopper read to be revealed until Luffy's friends - but I may be wrong since Oda bluntly confirmed that Kuja works/worked for the Revolution Army. I hope Deflamingo was wrong about PX-0 being completed and only controlled Kuma with his powers to attack Ivankov...

It seems Oda did tell the animators what to put in the anime, after all. Everything that happened in the filler episodes seems to have been canon even though it wasn't in the manga. It all checks out. I'm glad. :amuse

Huh? The Chopper filler wasn't part of the chapter at all, and the Boin Archipelago barely fitted into the part of the archipelago being a great plant (that lures seakings with the food to eat them)... And one core fact of Robin's filler contradicts the part shown in the manga where she freed herself and made contact to the RA afterwards.

I don't know what you (all) are going to do, but I won't consider these episodes canon but more like an "alternate reality" as the whole tv series has been from the beginning (Luffy's encounter with Alvida. ;)) to me once I got a look on the Manga and Anime differences.

v3g374
July 07, 2010, 07:17 PM
Ok, I have no f*ing idea what Chopper saw in the newspaper, but seeing how badass Raylight is I wonder how much more badass Roger was...damn.

And I think its not a bounty raise.

Shiro-kun
July 07, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hmmm just forgotten to say..

OMG USSOOOP AND CHOPPPER HAVE PANELSSS ITS BEEN ALMOST EIGHTY CHAPTERS WITHOUT THEM ;( YAY Straw hats are returning again :P

Organizized
July 07, 2010, 07:39 PM
Huh? The Chopper filler wasn't part of the chapter at all, and the Boin Archipelago barely fitted into the part of the archipelago being a great plant (that lures seakings with the food to eat them)... And one core fact of Robin's filler contradicts the part shown in the manga where she freed herself and made contact to the RA afterwards.

In my defense, I didn't say this chapter included anything that was shown in the anime. Of course what happens in this chapter and in the anime fillers are seperate events. What I meant was pretty much "at least the anime didn't contradict the manga". The thing with the Boin Archipelago actually being a plant that eats everything on the island was actually in the manga and Chopper did fly away on a bird as he said in the anime (although we're not sure if it's the little chick he treated in the anime which could've done a Magikarp-Gyarados transformation and turned into a huge-ass bird... mmm, probably not).

But then again, there is that thing with Robin being freed instead of freeing herself. With that in mind, I agree with you that it shouldn't be considered canon... yeah.. :sweat

Off by a mile but i think the news paper say that Luffy had died in the war, which would be crazy but the best way to cover up what had happen at the end of the war. This would also put the marines as the a win situation instead of a lost one. (even though ace and whitebread had died)

How does that make sense?
Chopper reads "Monkey D. Luffy dead in the war".
"Luffy!? WHY AGAINNNNN?"

Did he die before? :oh

strawhatsx
July 07, 2010, 07:42 PM
Seeing luffy taking an nice bite of that meat XD. Hes gonna be full of energy!
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/8

KABADAYI
July 07, 2010, 07:43 PM
luffy!? Why again?

i think, chopper saw that increasing bounty of luffy's head and that is way he said that.

strawhatsx
July 07, 2010, 07:46 PM
Now i understand the tittle of this chapter.. is that alright???

Dark king: you sure thats alright??, remember what happened last time to you on that island....now i have an idea here.

Luffy needs his trainng guys and hes ognna get it!..

Also did you notice, that Shakky sent a letter..http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/9

what was the point of the letter?

elitefox
July 07, 2010, 07:52 PM
Im actually thinking its related to what Rayleigh suggested, though Moria's death being put on him isn't a bad thought either. Chopper wouldn't want Luffy killing people. But with all the inmates from level 6 loose you'd think the marines would focus on them, who they know are alive, but Akainu wants the son of Dragon dead so badly.

If I had to guess, rather than meet at Shabondy, perhaps Rayleigh has Luffy get captured at Impel Down again. An impenetrable inescapable place, but unlike Shabondy, the admiral marines shouldnt come. And Rayleigh is strong enough to hold back Magellan if it comes down to it. That way we can see what happened to 2bon, and Luffy's freinds strength can be pitted against the demon guards etc.

Still thats a crazy plan, I was hoping Rayleigh would just train him and make him ready for Shabondy, but that seems predictable, which Oda aint.

I am guessing pretty hard on this.

If sengoku convince the oldies that they have to broadcast the lvl 6 escapees, then wouldn't that be a good idea to blame it all to luffy?

I mean, it is better for the government to blame luffy than a shibukai traitor right?
[hr]

I'm undecided, I am leaning towards a Bounty increase more than an Admiral after Luffy just with all the stuff he's done recently it'd be crazy for him not to get a bounty increase.

lol if that newspaper boy didn't get give a newspaper, I wonder what will big bird do lol

maravish
July 07, 2010, 07:52 PM
The first page was hilarious; Laws crew mates are all wondering what kind of monster killed that sea king and Rayleigh pops up. Its probably not a bounty increase, why would Chopper make such a big deal about that?

and also the anime 'fillers' aren't fillers, they are the cover stories of the crews just expanded into an episode

k-dom
July 07, 2010, 07:54 PM

I don't know what you (all) are going to do, but I won't consider these episodes canon but more like an "alternate reality" as the whole tv series has been from the beginning (Luffy's encounter with Alvida. ;)) to me once I got a look on the Manga and Anime differences.
I explained earlier that the episodes where 50% filler 50% canon
Robin was a continuation of the filler of the first episode like franky one. That has nothing to do with the fact that nami, usopp, sanji and zoro episodes parts looks canon. Can't you see the difference ? The episode show that the entire island was a carnivorous plant which is only explained in the manga now

elitefox
July 07, 2010, 07:56 PM
i would think its obvious that Rayleigh is going to train luffy.......
O_o maybe im just insane and havent been paying attention all along

I get that feeling too. "Remeber how the admiral fuck you" then goes "It all depends on you."

At least without the time capsule lol.

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 07:56 PM
How does that make sense?
Chopper reads "Monkey D. Luffy dead in the war".
"Luffy!? WHY AGAINNNNN?"

Did he die before? :oh

Agreed. Usopp would've reacted totally differently as well. So I highly doubt it that the WG would announce and write such a thing in the papers.

A reindeer riding a big bird! lol Sweet. :cool:

Seeing luffy taking an nice bite of that meat XD. Hes gonna be full of energy!
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/8

"Now then (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/11)shall we get to the main event, Luffy-kun?" lol

haha I loved Boa's reaction towards Jinbei even more! xD

THM Nindo
July 07, 2010, 07:57 PM
Few things:

1. What is Law saying there: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/7
So, «D» is responsible for the storm?

Which D is he talking about?
Could it be Dragon?! That's my guess, right now.

2. Chopper is obviously talking about Luffy's bounty going up.

3. Usopp better get thin again...
I don't mind him buffing up a little, but he cannot stay that fat forever...

4. Who thinks that Rayleigh's plan is Haki training?! :tem

elitefox
July 07, 2010, 07:57 PM
I explained earlier that the episodes where 50% filler 50% canon
Robin was a continuation of the filler of the first episode like robin one that has nothing to do with the fact that nami, usopp, sanji and zoro episodes parts lokks canon. Can't you see the difference ? The episode show that the entire island was a carnivorous plant which is only explained in the manga now

Robins part has a bit/lot of fan service :amuse
if you have already watch that ;)

Zoro #1
July 07, 2010, 08:01 PM
100% sure that Luffy's bounty has been raised, bcz chopper is the only one in the crew who reacts like that. Plus if it was something like luffy's death then i'm pretty sure that Chopper would be crying like hell.

elitefox
July 07, 2010, 08:02 PM
Oh how I loled @ Boa asking what to do to be married with him xD Get a baby girl! Get a baby!

And who knew that they would all know each other xD

I think that Shakky can predict the future. Really she was dead on, on everything!

And lol @ Boa only noticing Rayleigh like 10 minutes after xD

"women's intuition is really scary"

"Monkey chan is so cool after all "

;););););)

OldSkOoL
July 07, 2010, 08:02 PM
If Chopper had money when Kuma made him fly, he would still have it since he still wear his clothes.

Makes sense, I was just always under the impression Nami looked after their money :)

maravish
July 07, 2010, 08:03 PM
Robins part has a bit/lot of fan service :amuse
if you have already watch that ;)

it was just her meeting up with the Revolutionary Army
http://beta.onemanga.com/One_Piece/545/01/

http://beta.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/

elitefox
July 07, 2010, 08:04 PM
Can there be a poll open/ is there already a poll like this open...

Whom of the strawhat crew will meet Luffy first :D

I think its... nami.

I can't wait to see the jealous apperance of Boa once he saw Nami hugging luffy just because nami miss him :p

rickfox
July 07, 2010, 08:06 PM
Exactly, I don't see Chopper having such a reaction after finding out that Luffy participated in the war, it has to be something bigger than that.

I am also leaning towards Luffy having a higher bounty but even then chopper didn't react like that when Luffy's bounty tripled before (granted he was upset about his) so it could even be something bigger than that..... just gotta wait until next week to find out.

he saw some news about <Moria's "Death" and Government claims it is done by Luffy>??

Zojo
July 07, 2010, 08:11 PM
Moria's "Death" connected to Luffy?

YEs! I was about to finally cave in and think it could be about bounty increases *but not just Luffy's...the whole Strawhats...with Chopper again getting a low bounty*

No, I think you nailed it there. Luffy defeats Moria at Marinford...that battle did make his crew concerned for Luffy's health.

elitefox
July 07, 2010, 08:14 PM

Maybe chopper only grasp that Ace is dead, and so they need to cheer up luffy in whatever way they can.

But the second newspaper, as I said might be, what luffy had done plus what I said earlier... blame luffy for the level 6 prisoner escape and probably more bunch of lies.

On the other hand, That would make him a very very hunted person but I doubt that would make a difference in the territory which is not controlled by the WG.

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 08:16 PM
Few things:

1. What is Law saying there: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/7
So, «D» is responsible for the storm?

Which D is he talking about?
Could it be Dragon?! That's my guess, right now.

I got the impression that he was referring to Luffy that time. But, if one considers the fact that Dragon maybe the one who caused or "influenced" if you like the storm in the calm belt...then yeah Law could be referring to him. He could also be referring to all of the D's as one. In the sense that it's certain that another D (Not necessarily Luffy but maybe BB? or another...?) will cause a storm/chaos/incident in the OP world soon. Quite interesting stuff coming right up for us OP readers.

2. Chopper is obviously talking about Luffy's bounty going up.

I agree with that one.

3. Usopp better get thin again...
I don't mind him buffing up a little, but he cannot stay that fat forever...

I hate the fat Usopp, appearance-wise I mean. At least he can still hold his weapon and shoot...I guess with a bit more difficulty now then before? lol

“I have to be with him to see him through his pain… or else I can’t call myself a member of his crew” :crying

4. Who thinks that Rayleigh's plan is Haki training?! :tem

I said it a while back and I will say it again, Rayleigh is the only one who can train Luffy in that department. Dark Lord Rayleigh is the only qualified pirate (with the right credentials and experience) to do so xD. The next couple of chapters will be awesome! I can't wait for Ch. 600! :shakefist

kh2masta
July 07, 2010, 08:21 PM
i think the way sanji will go back to normal is by seeing hancock.:D

Googlez_kun
July 07, 2010, 08:21 PM
I laughed at the "I want to pull on Luffy again":lmao

And i liked the Stomach Baron,kinda suits Usopp's look.^^

Zojo
July 07, 2010, 08:24 PM
Anyone think Rayliegh's suggestion is going to be a nod to his journeys with the Jolly Roger pirates?
Like, I don't see someone training Roger and Rayleigh. I don't think that's an explaination as to why they became such powerful demons. THey got strong through experience.

Maybe Rayliegh is suggesting a journey/trial that the Roger Pirates took way back when that made them stronger?

Bugzee
July 07, 2010, 08:29 PM
YEs! I was about to finally cave in and think it could be about bounty increases *but not just Luffy's...the whole Strawhats...with Chopper again getting a low bounty*

No, I think you nailed it there. Luffy defeats Moria at Marinford...that battle did make his crew concerned for Luffy's health.

OMG! :facepalm

I didn't see that one coming. That is most certainly a possiblity and it could potentially have an impact on a future arc!?

Dammit. I wouldn't want that to be the news that Chopper was concerned about though. I would prefer a bounty raise. :darn

elitefox
July 07, 2010, 08:33 PM
it was just her meeting up with the Revolutionary Army
http://beta.onemanga.com/One_Piece/545/01/

http://beta.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/

uhmm, sorry I was talking about the anime filler/canon :p

maaseru
July 07, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hey What if...

Rayleigh's plan is to marry Luffy to Boa and make it public! I know it's far fetced, but she is still a shishibukai right?

What about the crewmates? I've always thought that the ship was kinda empty compared to others what if everyone brings something to the mix. Like Ussop can bring beetleman as an underling or Zorro get a new power[df or new sword]or Choppers bird allies or Frankie get Vegapunked! etc EAch adding something that would make the crew once the completly reunite , complete.

yhzc
July 07, 2010, 08:38 PM
i don't really know, what to think about Chopper's last picture.

"luffy!? Whyyyy agaaain!?" sounds a little bit to extreme to me, if luffy only got a higher bounty. even for chopper, whos overreacting about things like that.

on the other side, i can't image that the WG wrote, that luffy killed moria or something like that. and chopper would then act more like "Luffy!? WHAAAAT!?"

maybe it is kind of simple, and they wrote, that luffy is missing again or something like that.

so i don't really know what to think, and i would say, that we have to wait at least 2-4 weeks, till master oda reveals the story behind the news.