PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 592 Discussion / 593 Prediction

Pages : 1 [2]

SirenVixen
July 16, 2010, 04:37 PM
I'm quite tired of this bad faith wrt the anime. 90% of the time it is exactly corresponding to the manga. They just add minor things so that they can fill an episode of 20 minutes. OK Franky and Robin part contains filler parts that do not fit with the manga but the 6 others does so far and ignoring this fact by refering to the 10% is a bit annoying. When we said that the last episode were canon is because for the first time in the anime history, it shows scenes that were reveal in the manga afterwards.
Well, SirenVixen using Chopper part was not really wise since the baby bird is obviously not the one that he is riding in last chapter.

The two birds aren't the same? I thought they were... but at least the anime DID specify that Chopper was going to get help from the birds to get to Shabondy.

Bonfire01
July 16, 2010, 04:53 PM
I think Mihawk is kinda like Zoro, and thats why he likes him so much. Zoro said that a scar on the back is a shame for a swordfighter, cause he knew he lost their first confrontation. And thats what caught Mihawks attention > he has a very.. "competitive" character, if you know what i mean.

For example: we all heard from whitebeard about the legendary battles between Shanks and Mihawk. But we also have seen that Mihawk went to Shanks and had a (or a few ;) ) drink(s) with him.

I dont think that Mihawk is an evil guy or something like that, when he sunk the whole fleet of Krieg he just seemed > bored ^^

He searches competition, found it in Zoro but he never seemed to be this.. kind of brutal guy. I think there is a great difference between a guy like Moria or (better example) Doflamingo > and Mihawk.

I dont think this would be fitting for Franky. He is not the kind of guy who "steals" ideas or blueprints, he is the kind of guy that builds all by himself. He has great potential as a shipwright and i think he is suuuuper-aware of that *g* There is just no need to steal for someone as good as him.

Taking out Krieg's fleet was part of his "job". The shibs are all employed by the WG to take out other pirates to help maintain the peace. Much like Croc did when he was still masquerading as a good guy in alabasta.

Regarding the arguements about whether the anime is canon..... technically it isn't BUT, i'm pretty sure I read that Oda has more input with the anime than most mangakas and it makes sense that, where he was trying to save space by running the SHs "training" as a cover story, he would let the anime guys know what he wanted to happen if he had the space.

Nothing in the anime has been contradicted by the manga so far as far as I can tell.

SirenVixen
July 16, 2010, 04:57 PM
Taking out Krieg's fleet was part of his "job". The shibs are all employed by the WG to take out other pirates to help maintain the peace. Much like Croc did when he was still masquerading as a good guy in alabasta.

Well yes and he was bored, why else would he chase them from the Grand Line to East Blue? Plus he said it himself. xD

Sorry for off-topicness. lol

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 05:36 PM
It's not the first time I read that comment and I think we should put a stop to this theory. Remember, they only wanted to make a freak show of the human to their fellow 2 jointers. The fact that they don't know about human proves their knowledge of the world they inhabits....

Ah¡¡¡ Is it so ?? You know that lately I`m not around here like I used to be, so forget about it :) (btw I was just kidding in my previous post).

Back to the chapter I was emotionally affected when Nami was shown crying the first time (she looks so pretty while crying btw) ... She always try to appear to be tough and hide her soft feeling, but in the end :crying :comfort

beastboy
July 16, 2010, 05:40 PM
Is it jut me or ail would fit the title of the chapter more than Ale, or Yell?

And sorry for the the off-topic, xD

BTW do you think we will have a second round for the Straw hats, or we will simply have a time-skip, the join Luffy, and in their next battle, when they show their power ups, we have a short flashback to show us how they got their new power...
I would like the second one the most, as it would have more surprise into it... but I wouldn't mind another round!

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 05:55 PM
I don`t think that we need neither a short nor a long flashback to see how they got their new power ... I mean it`s pretty clear (IMO), what baffles me is Sanji.

And I want to see how that coward ... that bastard (BlackBeard) is doing -_-;

jiminy
July 16, 2010, 05:58 PM
not sure if this was mentioned before, maybe it was

but since Mihawk was reading the newspaper and talking about Moria, I was thinking maybe the newspaper article mentioned Luffy killing Moria during the war. Since in the previous chapter, Chopper did give a reaction about Luffy doing something again, and that may be it.

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 06:18 PM
Nah, I don`t think so ... Luffy killing Moria won`t surprise Chopper because he already kicked his @ss in Thriller Park. Besides, Mihawk didn`t buy what`s wrote in the newspaper.

Fox666
July 16, 2010, 06:37 PM
When we said that the last episode were canon is because for the first time in the anime history, it shows scenes that were reveal in the manga afterwards.

Well, I doubt that is the case. And I think there is a better explanation:

Chapter 46 sbs
D: When an artist is drawing chapter 10, for example , what chapter is being printed in the newest Weekly Jump?
O: I see. I wondered about this myself, years ago. So I understand your curiosity. AT THIS EXACT MOMENT, issue 46 of Jump is hitting the stands. It contains One Piece chapter 60, "Solution". But I have finished the drafts up through chapter 63, "I Ain't Gonna Die". So a chapter comes out roughly 3 weeks after I finish it. But that's only my CURRENT schedule. The people doing these weekly serials aren't actually all the same. I could change if need be. There are various cases.

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 06:59 PM
I said Mihawk didn`t buy what`s wrote in the newspaper, and neither I do. I mean I won`t be surprised if Moria makes an appearance in the future, and I don`t care if it`s the real Moria or just a Vegapunk`s experiment.

k-dom
July 16, 2010, 07:05 PM
It doesn't change the fact that for us (the entire manga readers world minus Oda team), the 4 anime episodes in question were shown before chapter 591. Of course it was Oda who give the scenario to the animators and not the other way but
We knew that Zoro was fighting a hord of beast in the anime before we read it in the manga
We knew that Usopp was on a carnivorous island in the anime before we read it in the manga

@black Lagoon
I think Moria is deadly dead. Mihawks has doubt because he know that Moria was not killed during the battle, but we know that Do Flamingo killed him on world government order and he was sure happy to comply with it. Of course this truth is not written in the newspaper.

johnnyb7
July 16, 2010, 07:19 PM
Haki training arc? I hope that if that is whats coming that it won't be long

WickedNeko
July 16, 2010, 08:05 PM
I said Mihawk didn`t buy what`s wrote in the newspaper, and neither I do. I mean I won`t be surprised if Moria makes an appearance in the future, and I don`t care if it`s the real Moria or just a Vegapunk`s experiment.

Well, considering that we saw Donflamingo using Pacifestas against Moria... of course readers / audience won't accept that Moria was killed during the battle against WB.

Personally, I think the author got rid of Moria because his DF power was too unbalancing (he can basically resurrect the dead as personal slave... which can potentially mean undead yonkou, undead supernova, undead shichibukai, undead admirals / vice admirals, etc etc), and I don't think Moria will be making a re-appearance.

hy4k
July 16, 2010, 09:10 PM
don't know if this has been discussed, but in the anime chopper said it would take him around a year to leave the island of birds

what if chopper actually leaves the island a year from where everyone else is right now?

every other member of the strawhats shown so far is in deep shit so i dont see them escaping anytime soon

fistsofrage
July 16, 2010, 09:21 PM
I want to see Mihawk tell Zoro about Luffy's exploits during the war and ask Zoro if he thinks he could have done the same. I want him to blatantly show him how far he is from being able to challenge the top. maybe then Zoro will calm down and start thinking about what he needs to be doing right now.

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 09:22 PM
@k-dom @WickedNeko
I`ve replied in the Mega Convo (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1989127#post1989127)

terrorei
July 16, 2010, 09:28 PM
hy4k where did you get this? The only thing Chopper realized is, that it would take him decades to leave the islands if he waits till the small bird is able to fly him to SA.
Thats all.

@k-dom: The idea of Moria becoming the next Cyborg also crossed my mind.
Someone said that Kuma was chosen to be Vegapunks Cyborg because of his stature and body so he can endure the transformation process from human to cyborg.
Moria very like Kuma, so its quit possible that Vegapunk was given an order to create a new DF Cyborg and Moria was the lucky one.

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 09:36 PM
don't know if this has been discussed, but in the anime chopper said it would take him around a year to leave the island of birds

what if chopper actually leaves the island a year from where everyone else is right now?

every other member of the strawhats shown so far is in deep shit so i dont see them escaping anytime soon

wait for Rayleigh`s plan and have faith, perhaps Kuma left a message for them (The message could be anything ... a way back or whatever thing that can help them, when I say anything I mean anything) :amuse

diZmacX
July 16, 2010, 11:04 PM
The reunion of the strawhats maybe a next thin to happen and am really looking forward to it. :shakefist

Anyway, I really doubt that Rayleigh will give luffy a haki training and I think that Rayleigh isn't a biased person. He might give luffy a training to unconsciously increase his control over his haki but not to the explaining and giving the solution directly to luffy because it seems like making him the pirate king already. That would be a bit boring wouldn't it?

StrangePath
July 16, 2010, 11:55 PM
Maybe the next chapter will be about the revolutionaries, since Sanji and Robin are both with the revolutionaries...:moon

Truefan21
July 17, 2010, 12:30 AM
So moria is really dead, but as to who killed him and where, that seemed to be altered.

llamapie
July 17, 2010, 02:11 AM
So moria is really dead, but as to who killed him and where, that seemed to be altered.

They killed him because he is useless and ... ugly. Anyways they used the war as a whole cover to that end.

Pandamic
July 17, 2010, 03:29 AM
my first contribution:)

I always believed (and still believe) that what Chopper would get from his island would be something medicinal to help him become a better doctor. Since the only thing Chopper left the island with was the bird; that medicinal thing he would get would come from that bird.

So when I read the part with Zorro, where an ape tries to use spit as a means to heal himself
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/592/05/ (something he must have learnt just like his ability to fight.) http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/592/07/ it got me thinking that the birds that Chopper befriended may have been originally from that island and that those birds have the ability to use saliva to heal wounds.

Also we know that the island that Zorro is on was a war-torn island and that the birds left an island filled with savages who wanted their eggs. So those 2 islands could be one and the same.

So, my complete hypothesis is that 7 years ago there was a war on the island b/t 2 or more groups of people and the prize for winning was dominion over the birds, birds who had the ability to use their spit to heal wounds; something indispensable for savages who like to fight. As the war went on the Apes leaned how to be as vicious as the humans and also mimicked the way the birds could heal themselves: If they are able to copy complex human behavior they should also be able mirror the behaviors of lesser animals(but since the apes use their own spit nothing happens). In the end the birds decide to move to a different island leaving the wounded waring parties with no way to heal themselves thus they all die in the end.

yeah it's a pretty bold hypothesis/prediction, but I think it's something Oda would come up with.

vicbear
July 17, 2010, 03:35 AM
I think we are all forgetting that besides Sanji and Robin, there is 1 more strawhat we've yet to see reacting to news on Luffy - Vivi! I predict that next chapter we will also get a shot of Vivi's reaction. It will be so sad :(

diZmacX
July 17, 2010, 04:04 AM
@ Pandamic: Great hypothesis, I can agree with though. I think those giant birds came from a historic island which existed in the void century. Regarding about the baboons mimicking the bird saliva healing, that's a bit out of the line since those baboons are copying the humans and not other animals. So it's a big no-no for me:nono.

@vicbear: that's highly true! everyone forgot about her. I also think that there are still some that should be included on it. Probably like the reactions of people close to the mugiwaras. So, I think that there wouldn't be a "Luffy" next chapter.

BurninDarkness
July 17, 2010, 06:09 AM
hmmmm mayb another version of pacifistas come
now in the form of moria
would b hillarious

Black Lagoon
July 17, 2010, 06:27 AM
I think in the upcoming chapters we`ll have a Gorousei Summit or a big summit in World Government in which the Gorousei will have a lot to say about this war and the future, things have changed and the global balance of power has been/is shifting. till now except the Shichibukais meeting we didn`t have an "important" summit.

Perhaps the 600 will ...

This is just a prediction, so please to discuss this do it in the right place (the Mega Convo (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1989486#post1989486)) ... To avoid "off-topicness"

sage mode
July 17, 2010, 07:34 AM
It doesn't change the fact that for us (the entire manga readers world minus Oda team), the 4 anime episodes in question were shown before chapter 591. Of course it was Oda who give the scenario to the animators and not the other way but
We knew that Zoro was fighting a hord of beast in the anime before we read it in the manga
We knew that Usopp was on a carnivorous island in the anime before we read it in the manga

I would say that the anime stuff was shown in a manga coverstory before. So we have seen it months ago. Maybe i´m wrong but i think we´ve seen it before.

Ero-Sanji
July 17, 2010, 08:24 AM
I think we are all forgetting that besides Sanji and Robin, there is 1 more strawhat we've yet to see reacting to news on Luffy - Vivi! I predict that next chapter we will also get a shot of Vivi's reaction. It will be so sad :(

Oh, I thought I was the only who thought of her as a straw hat. How selfish of me:darn

I totally agree though, Vivi should not be forgotten and I can even see how she pay them a visit at the Sabaody Archipelago.

Btw was she on the boat when Ace saved them from the "ambushing" Baroque works agents? Did she ever met Ace?

panasit
July 17, 2010, 08:34 AM
I hope to hear from Vivi, and also Bon Clay. He sacrificed so much to get Luffy on his quest to save his brother. But not next chapter though, I think Robin and Sanji flashback will take the whole chapter. Hopefully with Robin, we will get to see the revolution army and meet grown up Sabo.

From what I have read, other than Chopper and Nami, the other strawhats are not "done" evolving from the experience yet. Zoro still seems to be adjusting, Brooks and Franky's story seem to keep continuing.

Whatever the next arc will be, I hope it involve Dr. Vegapunk.

monkey D luffy
July 17, 2010, 08:45 AM
am i the only one who saw franky's "did i do that?" panel and thought of steve urkel? and after he went and said he wont press on that button...
that was hilarious, but it looks like he died in that explosion. he might have to upgrade himself after that, he probably didnt make it in one piece out of this explosion (he was at the base of it).
also i cant wait to see sanji's and robin's story, sanji will learn of what happened from iva for sure, about how robin learn of this still buffles me

hy4k
July 17, 2010, 09:06 AM
hy4k where did you get this? The only thing Chopper realized is, that it would take him decades to leave the islands if he waits till the small bird is able to fly him to SA.
Thats all.

you're right sorry. i misremembered it. i still think chopper was shown long after the current storyline for a few reasons
-everyone else shown so far is in deep shit and they're note escaping any time soon
-luffy has apparently did something major
-it's the kind of clever thing oda would do

wait for Rayleigh`s plan and have faith, perhaps Kuma left a message for them (The message could be anything ... a way back or whatever thing that can help them, when I say anything I mean anything) :amuse

yeah. poor kuma though, he was an awesome character

Black Lagoon
July 17, 2010, 09:48 AM
am i the only one who saw franky's "did i do that?" panel and thought of steve urkel? and after he went and said he wont press on that button...
that was hilarious, but it looks like he died in that explosion. he might have to upgrade himself after that, he probably didnt make it in one piece out of this explosion (he was at the base of it).
also i cant wait to see sanji's and robin's story, sanji will learn of what happened from iva for sure, about how robin learn of this still buffles me

I guess no, it was already stated :)

Oda-Sama is a genius (Even if it is a "cliche") whatever funny thing he does with Franky, it always comes out perfectly ... SUUPPEEEER :XD

Akainu
July 17, 2010, 10:31 AM
you're right sorry. i misremembered it. i still think chopper was shown long after the current storyline for a few reasons
-everyone else shown so far is in deep shit and they're note escaping any time soon
-luffy has apparently did something major
-it's the kind of clever thing oda would do

I don't think Oda twisted time just for that.
On the one hand, Chopper is much further away than the other presumably are, namely in South Blue, and on the other hand, it's written nowhere that the strawhats have to get to SA at the same time... they're supposed to gather at the bar anyway, so chpper could eat his candy there listening to Namis story while waiting for Zoro to return last (hey, he's got issues with the mosnters and his sense of direction isn't exactly the best).

RezzieThaRapper
July 17, 2010, 11:46 AM
Question: Did franky have a Kuma paw pad type cannon on him...

WickedNeko
July 17, 2010, 11:50 AM
Oh, I thought I was the only who thought of her as a straw hat. How selfish of me:darn

I totally agree though, Vivi should not be forgotten and I can even see how she pay them a visit at the Sabaody Archipelago.

Btw was she on the boat when Ace saved them from the "ambushing" Baroque works agents? Did she ever met Ace?

But Vivi is also a princess... so her getting associated with strawhat pirates could mean that her kingdom will be invaded and occupied by WG forces as "rebellion nation". Remember what happened at the end of Croc arc?

Lord Rayleigh
July 17, 2010, 11:52 AM
Question: Did franky have a Kuma paw pad type cannon on him...
No, he doesn't since it's the result of Kuma's devil fruit. Anyway, he is also able to move air with " Coup de Vent " but it is not at the speed of light.

Ero-Sanji
July 17, 2010, 12:05 PM
On the one hand, Chopper is much further away than the other presumably are, namely in South Blue, and on the other hand, it's written nowhere that the strawhats have to get to SA at the same time...

Shouldn't Chopper and Robin be at almost the same distance?

diZmacX
July 17, 2010, 01:16 PM
@Ero-Sanji: Probably, since chopper is in south blue and robin is in east blue. According to the OP map east blue is just at the top of south blue.

Regarding your question, she was there when ace came along with the crew.

Schabrak
July 17, 2010, 01:24 PM
If the first half of the Grand Line is surrounded by the South and East Blue, it can be very much nearer for Chopper, than for other Mugiwaras near the begining of the GL.

Ero-Sanji
July 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
Regarding your question, she was there when ace came along with the crew.

Okey, now I really want to see her expression and I also want her to meet the crew again and provide them with something.

natli
July 17, 2010, 01:42 PM
What bugs me is whether the Franky Accident was meant as comic relief (Franky gets blown up to a sky island, nobody gets hurt) or he actually killed somebody. I don't think it would be called "The Nightmare of Baldimore" if he didn't...

k-dom
July 17, 2010, 02:16 PM
It is cause the nightmare of Baldimore because he blew up hundredth of blueprint plus the Vegapunk laboratory was like the Eiffel Tower for Paris or Big Ben for London.

Wolf D. Arius
July 17, 2010, 02:21 PM
What about: Vegapunk is a good person an is held hostage by the WG and now that his isle has been blown up he can go there to visit it > finds franky and builds the ultimate and suuuupeeeeer Frankyfista? xD

I know its brainless *g* but it just sounds awesome ;)

terrorei
July 17, 2010, 02:42 PM
Shouldn't Chopper and Robin be at almost the same distance?

... Robin landed in the East and Chopper in the Southblue. But where you get the distance?

BTW:
I made a small List where all the Strawhats were send to.

Luffy - Amazon Lilly (Calm Belt - Grand Line) Zoro - Kuraigana Island / Gloom Island (Grand Line) Nami - Weatheria (Sky Island) Usopp - Boin Archipelago / Bowin Islands (Grand Line) Sanji - Momoiro Island / Peachy Island (unknown) Chopper - Torino Kingdom / Birdie Kingdom (South Blue) Robin - Tequila Wolf (East Blue) Franky - Karakuri Island / Mechanical Island (Grand Line) Brook - Namakura Island / Lazy Bones Island (Grand Line)

Whats interesting is where Robin and Chopper landed, because they are outside of the Grand Line and have to pass the Calm Belt to get back to SA or Grand Line in general.
Chopper has his Bird so he should have no problem to get back, but Robin has 3 Options:

Go Back to Reverse Mountain and travel the whole way again (unlikly :) )
Walk the Redline and pass through The Holy Land of Mariejois
Have someone strong helping her to cross the Calm Belt by Ship ;)

Point 2 would be interesting since she would have to walk the Capital of the WG what gives Oda a great opportunity to show something of the Kingdom.
Point 3 interesting, because it raises the question who the one would be helping her to pass the Calm Belt ^^.

k-dom
July 17, 2010, 04:40 PM
I suppose that the revolutionnaries have stolen some of the marines ships which are able to cross through the calm belt and that Robin will come back on such a ship

narupiece
July 17, 2010, 04:47 PM
What about: Vegapunk is a good person an is held hostage by the WG and now that his isle has been blown up he can go there to visit it > finds franky and builds the ultimate and suuuupeeeeer Frankyfista? xD

I know its brainless *g* but it just sounds awesome ;)

Well you know, technically the WG are the good guys :)

chess4
July 17, 2010, 05:18 PM
vivi and carue are strawhats, unofficially of course. She had to take care of her kingdom so that's why she couldn't go with them. The strawhats will not have a big crew but when the next big war takes place they will have a lot of help from alabasta

hy4k
July 17, 2010, 06:45 PM
On the one hand, Chopper is much further away than the other presumably are, namely in South Blue, and on the other hand, it's written nowhere that the strawhats have to get to SA at the same time... they're supposed to gather at the bar anyway, so chpper could eat his candy there listening to Namis story while waiting for Zoro to return last (hey, he's got issues with the mosnters and his sense of direction isn't exactly the best).

either one's a possiblilty, and it'd explain this surprising turn of events that chopper's become aware of (luffy hasn't really had time to do much in his story).

two things i really wasnt to see is zoro in charge of the strawhats and the revolutionaries.

zoro because i think it would be awesome to see how he leads in luffy's stead

the revolutionaries because dragon strikes me as a ruthless motherfucker, the exact opposite of luffy (with garp somewhere in between)

sending off one of your commanders to certain death for some unknown reason is pretty hardcore

diZmacX
July 17, 2010, 10:59 PM
Sanji - Momoiro Island / Peachy Island (unknown) Kamabakka Kingdom is actually located in grand line.

@Narupiece: In reality (in the OP world) the WG is not really the good guys. Thanks to them there is somewhat peace for the people but their real nature is being a suckers..

neovenom
July 18, 2010, 12:24 AM
my first contribution:)
So when I read the part with Zorro, where an ape tries to use spit as a means to heal himself
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/592/05/ (something he must have learnt just like his ability to fight.) http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/592/07/ it got me thinking that the birds that Chopper befriended may have been originally from that island and that those birds have the ability to use saliva to heal wounds.

i believe oda's intentions with that part with the saliva to heal wounds is a comedic relief derived from the japanese folk belief that minor wounds or cuts can be cured just with your saliva. In this case the apes must have heard it from the previous inhabitants of the island and they believed it to be true and tried it. If you have read quite a few manga titles you should've come across it a few times where a character has a cut or a wound and to not worry another character they would say something like dont worry this kind of wound can be cured just with my spit or something like that, i doubt that page has any deeper meaning to what is shown, but with oda you never know.

btw i bet if zoro goes into his gorilla mode where he pumps his arms (like he did against oars) he can take care of these apes easily but i guess he's still too wounded to do his stronger techniques. Funny how each strawhat has a connection somehow with the island they were sent to and it's inhabitants

Lee-tyme7
July 18, 2010, 01:15 AM
I was hoping Oda can shine some light on what Chopper saw about Luffy in the Newspaper but they didn't explain in this wk chapt. Hopefully they will show it next chapt. What do you guys think it is? Luffy's new bounty?...that's the obvious isn't it? and what's it up to now...500 mil? 600 maybe?...plus I don't think we've ever seen anyone up that high.
Luffy is infamous now he ruin ID and escape from Marineford so maybe the WG really want his head really bad.

Wolf D. Arius
July 18, 2010, 03:15 AM
Well you know, technically the WG are the good guys :)

well.. i think > yes and no, cause for peace they would willingly kill thousands of people, ehm... they HAVE killed thousands of people for their "peace", i mean > yes their goal is peace but the way to achieve this peace is a little bit.. extreme you know. It wouldnt surprise me if Vegapunk is a really nice guy and he was held hostage at the marine research-center to do this whole pacifista research program against his own will.

Just a theory though

Schabrak
July 18, 2010, 04:47 AM
From what is told by the people on the island he is good, but that doesn't stop him from being obsessed by science. What's bad about one-man armies, that can single-handedly take out any opposing force without much effort, saving dozen or hundred of marines risking their lives?

Aside from the corruption around Mary Joa and those Buster Calls[Poneglyphs do threat the order of the World Government.^^], they are pretty much as good as it get's. Every institution/organisation has some kind of corruption within... They hunt pirates, help villages and entertain prisons. Without that security/police force, not only the Grand Line, but all of the Blues were in total chaos through evil pirates.

Ero-Sanji
July 18, 2010, 04:51 AM
well.. i think > yes and no, cause for peace they would willingly kill thousands of people, ehm... they HAVE killed thousands of people for their "peace", i mean > yes their goal is peace but the way to achieve this peace is a little bit.. extreme you know. It wouldnt surprise me if Vegapunk is a really nice guy and he was held hostage at the marine research-center to do this whole pacifista research program against his own will.

Just a theory though

As the old saying goes: "If you want peace you'll have to be prepared for war."

I agree though some of there actions seems to be a bit extreme. Imo the marine aren't the real bad guys instead the WG is the problem hence the revolution army. The marines are somewhat of heroes just look at how happy the people of the world were when the war as over and the marines had won.

The authorities and the privileges of the tenryuubito is far from acceptable especially slavery.

hy4k
July 18, 2010, 07:13 AM
there's a lot of ambiguity in one piece

is magellan a bad guy? he was only trying to stop pirates (many of whom were vicious and bloodthirsty) escape to sea

is luffy a good guy? he facilitated the escape of some evil bastards from impel down, including some who joined blackbeard's crew. a lot of people will die because of that

by the same token the WG/marines have some good qualities and the revolutionaries will no doubt have some bad qualities. i mentioned it before but Dragon purposefully had kuma go undercover for some reason, even if meant kuma got lobotmised (which he did)

terrorei
July 18, 2010, 07:14 AM
Kamabakka Kingdom is actually located in grand line.

Yeah I already thought so, but didn't find any sources, so I wrote unknown.

i believe oda's intentions with that part with the saliva to heal wounds is a comedic relief derived from the japanese folk belief that minor wounds or cuts can be cured just with your saliva. In this case the apes must have heard it from the previous inhabitants of the island and they believed it to be true and tried it.

To be exactly its the other way around, the people saw animals curing their wound by licking and started to do so themselves.
Look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wound_licking).
But yeah Oda used it as a joke, since the wound is to heavy that the treatment with saliva would provide such a fast cure ^^.

diZmacX
July 18, 2010, 08:19 AM
i mentioned it before but Dragon purposefully had kuma go undercover for some reason, even if meant kuma got lobotmised (which he did)

I don't think dragon just order kuma to be the pawn. We'll never know until dragon makes his move, and if kuma would regain his consciousness as a human being.

Duc :D
July 18, 2010, 08:41 AM
its kinda obvious brook will return to the archipelago via slave trade right ? :)
And as many have said before with this zoro-mihawk meeting i don't think zoro will accomplish his dream by mihawk anymore, instead from someone who has defeatet mihawk himself. (maybe shiryu since I can imagine the final fight to be BB vs. Strawhats.)

Ratatosk
July 18, 2010, 08:54 AM
Kuma letting the Straw-hats go seems to have been the final straw, so Luffy may have messed up his Dad's plans quite successfully there.. unless there's a backup program in there that will activate when Dragon makes his move. Or Vegapunk's a revolutionary. Or Vegapunk is Sabo. Or Vegapunk's (more likely) got his own agenda and is just doing it for the funding/ materials/ free slave-labour. Or <insert speculation here>..

Still wonder what Kuma told Rayleigh. Of course he could have just come to Rayleigh's house to tell him which direction he sent the Strawhats in, but that'd be boring..

diZmacX
July 18, 2010, 09:58 AM
its kinda obvious brook will return to the archipelago via slave trade right ? :)
And as many have said before with this zoro-mihawk meeting i don't think zoro will accomplish his dream by mihawk anymore, instead from someone who has defeatet mihawk himself. (maybe shiryu since I can imagine the final fight to be BB vs. Strawhats.)

I cannot agree with mihawk being defeated by BB's nakama instead by zoro. The fight between SH and BB could happen after or before zoro defeats mihawk. If zoro defeated mihawk 1st, maybe shinryuu would go for zoro which would give a meaning to their fight, wouldn't it?:D

Ero-Sanji
July 18, 2010, 11:24 AM
I cannot agree with mihawk being defeated by BB's nakama instead by zoro. The fight between SH and BB could happen after or before zoro defeats mihawk. If zoro defeated mihawk 1st, maybe shinryuu would go for zoro which would give a meaning to their fight, wouldn't it?:D

Sure it would but BB pirates are dream/hope destroyers the opposite of SH so as for me Shiryuu defeating Mihawk isn't far fetched especially not by cheating or anything like that.

It feels as if Mihawk will become more of a mentor to Zoro and that their fight will be like a training session for Zoro. Mihawk's intentions would be to prepare Zoro for the next level which is Shiryuu.

Bowser
July 18, 2010, 12:02 PM
I don't really want to see Mihawk being a mentor to Zoro. That would defeat Zoro's purposes of trying to overcome the Best Swordsman in the world. It's like, you are trying to beat someone, and he lends a helping hand. Zoro's personality would mean he would rather work it himself than rely on others.

Schabrak
July 18, 2010, 01:38 PM
What's so bad about giving someone helpless tips to achieve the next tier of swordmanship. He is still far away from Mihawks or Shiryuus level, just as Luffy has a long distance to go too. One day every great student challenges his master to see who's stronger, never heard of the Rule of Two?[sorry for the addmixture of SW.XD]

WickedNeko
July 18, 2010, 02:08 PM
On the note on Mihawk helping Zoro... it reminds me of a story I once read concerning Japanese sword school.

A student was asked by a teacher who was the greatest swordsman, Musashi or the guy that came up with Itto-ryu (pretty prevalent sword school), and student replied "Musashi". Teacher replied it was the founder of the sword school, because Musashi was incapable of passing on his knowledge of swordsmanship, while the sword of the founder lives among multitude of students that still practiced it.

Personally, I think Mihawk will train Zoro (even if it's a round'bout way by setting up obstacles for Zoro to overcome), because if Mihawk truly is the greatest swordsman alive, he will be both capable of and wanting to pass down the knowledge / skill to his successors.

k-dom
July 18, 2010, 05:02 PM
But does Zoro want to be trained by Mihawk ? I'm not so sure about that

Lord Rayleigh
July 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
Mihawks never wanted to train Zoro. He only gave him some advices and tried to help him to leave the island. Neither Zoro neither Mihawks want to train together.

deffkryz
July 18, 2010, 05:33 PM

There's no doubt about it: No, no, never. Zoro left the dojo for years now - and from there he has to walk "the way of the warrior" himself since his . Receiving a training by someone he wants to defeat on his own... I guess that's the same type of shame Zoro would receive from being hit by a sword from behind (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/51/19/).

If Zoro isn't good enough to leave the island on his own, then he will stay on Kuraigana forever. It's basically the same sort of problem that he had when he faced Kuma. It's sink or swim... now even literally... ;)

OdyCore
July 18, 2010, 06:10 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else see the Warlords on Luufy's side?
Except DonFlamingo,we have so little info on him now.
My predictions= SH meet on like...issue 600 or so,we assume that the crew members each gained something out of this separation arc (we assume Kuma wanted to help them)
As for Zoro,he will probably won't have the chance to duel Mihawk,I don't know,I just feel like it
Finally Navy/Government vs Revolutionaries+Shanks and SH + warlords vs BB crew (and this is where Mihawk will probably get killed by Shiryu and Zoro killing Shiryu since he got pissed he couldn't have the chance to duel Hawk Eyes)
Rest assured,war is comming.One piece is getting better and better. :')

Zatono
July 18, 2010, 06:15 PM
and this is where Mihawk will probably get killed by Shiryu and Zoro killing Shiryu since he got pissed he couldn't have the chance to duel Hawk Eyes)

Hell no. Mihawk has to be the final sword-boss for Zoro. Shiryu is strong, almost as strong as Magellan (but Magellan has a broken ability, so whatever), but he's not Mihawk strong. Mihawk is strong enough to be on par with Shanks with two arms. There's a reason that he's the World's Greatest Swordsman.

Unless Shiryuu does something lame, like gangs up on Mihawk with all of BB's crew (I can't even see THAT working), Mihawk isn't getting taken down by him.

OdyCore
July 18, 2010, 06:19 PM
Unless Shiryuu does something lame, like gangs up on Mihawk with all of BB's crew (I can't even see THAT working), Mihawk isn't getting taken down by him.

We do know (well most assume) that the final battle will be BB vs SH crew
So swordfighting will be between Shiryu and Zoro. Mihawk HAS to have been taken down before that,either by Shiryu (who might've gained some fruit power,or having the crew backing him up) or the Goverment,punishing him for going rogue with the ''good guys''

Bugzee
July 18, 2010, 06:23 PM

Never!!! I can't imagine it happening and netiher do I want it to happen tbh. I would rather much like to see Vista or Rayleigh spar with Zoro then ever seeing Mihawk "training" him imho. I really hope Zoro departs from Kuraigana Island sooner then expected :(...stupid Humandrills are in the way lol.

I wonder whether Zoro can correctly follow the direction that the vivre card points to...xD

jromz03
July 18, 2010, 08:40 PM
i can see in the next few chapters Zoro overpowering those baboons and before he leaves they (the baboons) will be all friendly with him and maybe a comment from Mihawk on how fast he overpowered the baboons. as for perona, she may come with Zoro since its the fastest way for her to start her search for his master.

i can't wait for Sanji's appearance though :D

Kaizoku-O Luffy
July 18, 2010, 11:18 PM
Finally Navy/Government vs Revolutionaries+Shanks and SH + warlords vs BB crew (and this is where Mihawk will probably get killed by Shiryu and Zoro killing Shiryu since he got pissed he couldn't have the chance to duel Hawk Eyes)
Rest assured,war is comming.One piece is getting better and better. :')

Mihawk been the ambition for zoro ever since the beginning of the manga. Him getting killed by shinruu will be like an anti climatic. Even if by some chance shinryuu is stronger zoro will be the one to defeat/ kill mihawk. Besides zoro's encounter with shiryuu will probably happen before finding One Piece. But Fighting Mihawk will happen probably happen during the war white beard mentioned.

Ero-Sanji
July 18, 2010, 11:42 PM

Did Luffy want to get trained by Crocodile?
Did Luffy even ask to be trained?
Did Luffy even get trained by Crocodile?

All answers are no but still Crocodiles one sentence changed Luffy's way of thinking. I'm quite sure Gear 2 and 3 wouldn't have been made without that sentence.

I think Zoro will have a dead serious fight with Mihawk but the fight will be a way for Mihawk to train Zoro for the next and last level.

Lawrens
July 18, 2010, 11:58 PM
I was hoping Oda can shine some light on what Chopper saw about Luffy in the Newspaper but they didn't explain in this wk chapt. Hopefully they will show it next chapt. What do you guys think it is? Luffy's new bounty?...that's the obvious isn't it? and what's it up to now...500 mil? 600 maybe?...plus I don't think we've ever seen anyone up that high.

I don't think it's the bounty, they don't usually freak out that same way when they see their bounty, Nami being the exception. Though we have no idea what it was and when Chopper's scene took place, but my guess would be that it's just one of Oda's unpredictable plan in the story, there's no reason he'd keep the bounty so secret and chopper freaking out screaming "why, why again?", since a new bounty was inevitable to begin with for such a big war.

SirenVixen
July 19, 2010, 12:20 AM
Did Luffy want to get trained by Crocodile?
Did Luffy even ask to be trained?
Did Luffy even get trained by Crocodile?

All answers are no but still Crocodiles one sentence changed Luffy's way of thinking. I'm quite sure Gear 2 and 3 wouldn't have been made without that sentence.

I think Zoro will have a dead serious fight with Mihawk but the fight will be a way for Mihawk to train Zoro for the next and last level.

I thought if it wasn't for Luffy's defeat by Aokiji, he wouldn't have thought of Gear 2 and 3. Or am I wrong? =/

bittman
July 19, 2010, 12:41 AM
We do know (well most assume) that the final battle will be BB vs SH crew
So swordfighting will be between Shiryu and Zoro. Mihawk HAS to have been taken down before that,either by Shiryu (who might've gained some fruit power,or having the crew backing him up) or the Goverment,punishing him for going rogue with the ''good guys''

As someone who has championed the idea of Blackbeard as the final boss (from well before he even turned up in Impel Down, gained 5 guys and WB's fruit), I'm starting to have some doubts floating around.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I expect Blackbeard to be the final pirate enemy as they fight for the claim to the One Piece treasure. However, Raftel may not be the end of One Piece. The Gorousei aren't exactly sitting on Raftel, for example. And would all 3 admirals, fleet admiral and vice admirals chase Luffy into the new world?

Also, Shiryu is being heavily overrated because he uses a sword. Being the final boss doesn't particularly mean he has to hold everything. Zoro could acheive his goal before the final battle, and thus defends the title against another for the first time. Mihawk could totally be stalking Raftel. There could be a 3 way battle. That random Gorousei old guy could suddenly whip out a level 9000 sword move. Kizaru and Aokoji could both transform into swords which Akainu duel wields whilst riding Sengoku!

The end-game is not clear. I've always anticipated Blackbeard as the final villain, but what the scenario could be, who else could be fighting and a whole lot more is unclear.

I still like Mihawk as Zoro's final boss. As it is, I believe Oda has held very long term plans for some characters. Jimbei, Smoker, Coby, Shanks, Garp, Dragon, Blackbeard, Dory & Broggy and Crocus & Laboon all made somewhat early appearances / mentions as far as the story is concerned, and you can see how each of them is fairly important to the story (giants debatably...unless you look to the future~!). I can't see Oda replacing a fan favourite long planned final boss character for a new gaoler character with an enormous chin.

k-dom
July 19, 2010, 12:49 AM
Zoro will not against Mihawk if he has no chance to win and he has none. So there will be no training between eachother that is pretty much clear to me

Ero-Sanji
July 19, 2010, 02:23 AM
I thought if it wasn't for Luffy's defeat by Aokiji, he wouldn't have thought of Gear 2 and 3. Or am I wrong? =/

No you're not wrong. Aokiji was a great motivation for Luffy's idea of getting stronger since he lost so miserably and due to the fact that he couldn't save his friends. But Crocodile was the one who said that the power of the fruit is not decided by it's effect but rather from the creativity and will of the user.

Now Luffy has fully exploited his fruit potential to further enhance his speed and strength. Croc's words are also behind Water-Luffy mode another example of Luffy exploiting his fruits potential.

jerrycute
July 19, 2010, 03:40 AM
i think theres no zoro vs mihawk final battle
its agianst shiryu and zoro or anywho in new world
coz as we can see zoro and mihawk creating a bond not rivalry
for me mihawk is a guide for zoro not an opponent
and mihawk represent past era (shanks as well)
zoro represents new era

Shadoguardian
July 19, 2010, 04:52 AM
All that's left is Sanji and Robin. Sanji is probably only going to find out about Luffy when Ivankov gets back, so Iva-chan offers Sanji a boat to get to Luffy.Robin is probably already at Saboady, after being dropped of by the Revolutionaries.

hellz88
July 19, 2010, 05:17 AM
zoro represents new era

Yeah, I think it's already been decided that if the strawhats ficht the shichibukai they are only speedbumps while blackbeard and his crew are the final boss.

Edit: Blackbeards have 10 members(11 if you count the horse thingy) so chances are straw hats will gain a 10th before facing him.

But Oda said the new world is only the half way point of thee grandline, so chances are he could milk OP for another 10 years

elitefox
July 19, 2010, 05:37 AM
zoro represents new era

and shiryu the new era :eyeroll

lol, I won't just the book by its age
You got me.

Mihawk and Shank were rivals as well as friends btw:p
[hr]

Yeah, I think it's already been decided that if the strawhats ficht the shichibukai they are only speedbumps while blackbeard and his crew are the final boss.

Edit: Blackbeards have 10 members(11 if you count the horse thingy) so chances are straw hats will gain a 10th before facing him.

But Oda said the new world is only the half way point of thee grandline, so chances are he could milk OP for another 10 years

Well Oda did say this is just half of the story ;)

Jorge D. Dragon
July 19, 2010, 07:47 AM
And I really don't think that this story's final villain will be Blackbeard.:) I think he will be an opponent for Luffy before reaching Raftel and then he will fight the World Government, so my vote goes to Gorosei as final villains. So I think that Luffy will team up with his father or maybe also someone else to beat the crap out of the World Government.;)

Akainu
July 19, 2010, 07:53 AM
back to topic please, there was neither Shiryuu nor Blackbeard in this chapter, so you might want to keep those ideas in the appropriate threads in the tree of knowledge. in the chapter discussions they tend to get lost pretty soon ;)

diZmacX
July 19, 2010, 07:54 AM
No you're not wrong. Aokiji was a great motivation for Luffy's idea of getting stronger since he lost so miserably and due to the fact that he couldn't save his friends. But Crocodile was the one who said that the power of the fruit is not decided by it's effect but rather from the creativity and will of the user.

Now Luffy has fully exploited his fruit potential to further enhance his speed and strength. Croc's words are also behind Water-Luffy mode another example of Luffy exploiting his fruits potential.

Dude, i think you're also wrong. Luffy was motivated by aokiji from his defeat and is also encouraged by the words of crocodile. The creation of the gears was because of CP9. Luffy observed somethings and tried it himself, like how the CP9 move as if they disappear. The gear 2's effect isn't actually to move like CP9 but rather to extend the capacity of his body to a more faster state wherein he can kick the floor 10x in a row to move like that which was all thanks to CP9.

Anyway, That's still ages away from happening guys. What we have to think first is what'll happen to the strwahats. I'm really excited for the next chapter; DRAGON should be there!

fistsofrage
July 19, 2010, 09:28 AM
The final boss is probably the world government, the story won't end once they make it to raftel. They have to come up with an answer to the problem the pirate king's found on the final poneglyph

Jorge D. Dragon
July 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
For the next chapter I'm hopinf to see Sanji and Ivankov and also Robin with Dragon. It won't be bad to see something about what happens to Luffy.:)

Bertosch
July 19, 2010, 10:36 AM
Robin would have been a perfect fit for the revolutionaries... She can read the porneglyph', hates the government and is strong. Dragon must love her.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 19, 2010, 10:53 AM
Yes.:) But she will go to join Luffy so Dragon won't obtain a new member for his army;)

mars0103
July 19, 2010, 11:24 AM
I would like to see copper again to see want the not again is. I think Jorge D. Dragon is right in saying that sainji will meet with iva and robin dragon

yhzc
July 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
i think it's pretty hard to say, whos gonna be the final enemy...not only for zoro, but for the all SHs.

i mean, the story is just at the middle and the new world is waiting and yet we haven't seen really much of it.

though i'm pretty sure, there will be a battle between zoro and mihawk. maybe it will be in a battle between SH and WG+Shichibukai or maybe just a pure 1on1.

what i want to see the most now is the moment, when the SHs regroup and what the dark king is up to.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 19, 2010, 12:47 PM
I'm really hoping that Rayleigh wanted to train Luffy with his Haki and also a bit with his combat abilities.
Also I would like to see some anousments about Luffy and his threat to the World from the Navy and World Government's officials.:) It's kinda logical.

Poneglyph420
July 19, 2010, 12:52 PM
Well.. Now that's there only the stories of 2 SH remaining, it's safe to assume other "Loose ends" will be getting tied up soon. I hope that we can finally see the "proposal" that Ray San has for Luffy, and what made Chopper almost Sh1t his pants... I'm sure that we will be getting to these topics sooner than later...

Actually I'm the most excited to see Robin and Sanji, IMO they have undergone the greatest change.. One has had his very paradigm challenged, and seemingly accepted his "feminine side"..
While Robin who has always been an exile might have found the one group (Minus the SH) that will welcome her and help her. Still even if she can read Poneglyphs and has the history of Ohara, she's a SH 'til death.

I can see Sanji and Robin meeting together the most easily.. but I guess we shall see soon enough. It seems like many of the other SH still have serious obstacles to overcome to make it back together.. I wonder how soon (OP time) the SH could re group, or if a hasty reunion is actually beneficial or not...?

Any (Logic Based) Ideas?
[hr]

I'm really hoping that Rayleigh wanted to train Luffy with his Haki and also a bit with his combat abilities.

I hope the exact opposite.. If Rayleigh even offers to train Luffy, that would (IMO) be profoundly lame. And more so I'd suspect Luffy wouldn't accept training. If anything Luffy needs to be made aware of Haki's existence and application. That's it.

If OP has "training arcs" it will be the death of the manga IMO.
That's one of the unique characteristics that makes OP great IMHO.

Finale
July 19, 2010, 01:28 PM
When we switch to robin im interested in seeing the Revolutionary with the hat and pistols reaction to the news of Ace's death.

johnnyb7
July 19, 2010, 01:32 PM

I can see you what you're saying, I do agree it may be kind of lame if Luffy goes through a training arc, but at the same time it looks as if that's whats going to happen. I can't see much else happening though.

Either way I'm just looking forward to the strawhats getting back together, I'm honestly getting kind of tired of them being separated. I want them to go on their adventures together again.

ShinobiWrath
July 19, 2010, 02:07 PM
I can see you what you're saying, I do agree it may be kind of lame if Luffy goes through a training arc, but at the same time it looks as if that's whats going to happen. I can't see much else happening though.

Either way I'm just looking forward to the strawhats getting back together, I'm honestly getting kind of tired of them being separated. I want them to go on their adventures together again.

I hear you. In cases such as this, I'd like to hope Oda keeps the training offscreen and maybe show more interesting things like the RA and Dragon's take on the Battle at MF.

edit: But I have a feeling the next time we see Dragon will be when Luffy embarks to the New World.

Ero-Sanji
July 19, 2010, 02:16 PM
Dude, i think you're also wrong. Luffy was motivated by aokiji from his defeat and is also encouraged by the words of crocodile. The creation of the gears was because of CP9. Luffy observed somethings and tried it himself, like how the CP9 move as if they disappear. The gear 2's effect isn't actually to move like CP9 but rather to extend the capacity of his body to a more faster state wherein he can kick the floor 10x in a row to move like that which was all thanks to CP9.

No, Luffy actually learned Soru by himself. Although his soru is far more advanced when using Gear 2. I think that the Gear forms are Luffy's idea of fully exploiting his fruit.

On topic, are all sky islands soaring over the grand Line?

Zoro #1
July 19, 2010, 02:29 PM
Next chapter we will see robin and sanji and some of the revolutionary army. Really hoping to get some info on robin bcz i don't see how she is gonna improve with revolutionary army unless for her this training arc will maybe like a history arc where she learns about the past.
Crap just remembered sanji completely changed
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/01/

Jorge D. Dragon
July 19, 2010, 02:38 PM
Any (Logic Based) Ideas?
<hr noshade size="1">

I hope the exact opposite.. If Rayleigh even offers to train Luffy, that would (IMO) be profoundly lame. And more so I'd suspect Luffy wouldn't accept training. If anything Luffy needs to be made aware of Haki's existence and application. That's it.

You know... it is really that attracts everyone in One Piece that here there is no training arc, but now as Oda stated by everyone's frases: Luffy has to train, because now he faces the dense reality where there is no place for people who doesn't have skill and power and have only talent. He was told that he can't protect his crew and his friends without strength and he won't get strong out of nowhere, cause it is plotkai and ass pull, you know. He needs to be trained. Not that long, but he needs to be shown the using of Haki and he should be explained in what way he should train and after that he can handle it out of screen as Zoro normally trains fisically.
And now I see every one of Mugivaras to train fisically, cause they lack doriki.

Zoro #1
July 19, 2010, 02:43 PM
You know... it is really that attracts everyone in One Piece that here there is no training arc, but now as Oda stated by everyone's frases: Luffy has to train, because now he faces the dense reality where there is no place for people who doesn't have skill and power and have only talent. He was told that he can't protect his crew and his friends without strength and he won't get strong out of nowhere, cause it is plotkai and ass pull, you know. He needs to be trained. Not that long, but he needs to be shown the using of Haki and he should be explained in what way he should train and after that he can handle it out of screen as Zoro normally trains fisically.
And now I see every one of Mugivaras to train fisically, cause they lack doriki.

I agree with you bcz even if luffy goes to the new world without training he is gonna get beaten up bcz of his fame the whole navy will hunt for him. And if luffy doesn't train and pulls out power out of no where that would be lame bcz i don't another sasuke.

Schabrak
July 19, 2010, 02:53 PM
Aside from Skypia, the sky islands are floating around the world, so we don't even know if there is currently more than one island withing the GrandLine. Yeah there is the Calm Belt, but it doesn't stop the people from Weatheria to cross it and doesn't others, if they actually trade the ability to create storms with other sky islands.

c0nflikt
July 19, 2010, 03:06 PM
I love training arcs, i love mangas that have enormous amounts of training arcs. I can't wait to see training OP style.

4StepsAhead
July 19, 2010, 03:14 PM
No, Luffy actually learned Soru by himself. Although his soru is far more advanced when using Gear 2. I think that the Gear forms are Luffy's idea of fully exploiting his fruit.

While the gears have worked for luffy so far, the strain it puts on his body isn't worth it.....after he uses all his gears his stamia drops completely....I wish he would find another way to use his fruit power that wouldn't have such side effects....I dunno maybe he can train and have 2nd gear speed normally...... and only do 2nd gear when he needs to.

Can't wait to see what's going on with Sanji and I hope I see Buggy with his new crew!!!

terrorei
July 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
I agree with you bcz even if luffy goes to the new world without training he is gonna get beaten up bcz of his fame the whole navy will hunt for him. And if luffy doesn't train and pulls out power out of no where that would be lame bcz i don't another sasuke.

Not necessary. You make it sound, like every Pirate on the Grand line is as strong as an Lugia Admiral of the WG. He surely isn't on the level yet to take on an admiral, but that will come with the time. The biggest Problem is that he can't do a sh*t against an Lugia User and thats were Haki kicks in.
Surely its possible that he will train with Rayleigh for a while, but its not essential, since Luffy will have his "training" during the battles he will fight in near future.

I also assume that Robin will first meet with Sanji, since the RA is aware that Iva accompanied Luffy during the war and she may now where Luffy is, so they will first go to Momoiro Island to find out where he is.

cno
July 19, 2010, 03:40 PM
I honestly don't know what Oda plans on doing to showcase the development of Luffy and the rest of the SH crew.

However if you think that a training arc will KILL the manga, you are gravely mistaken. NOBODY will stop reading OP because of a training arc.

Including whoever mentioned it.

kkck
July 19, 2010, 04:08 PM
I guess this chapter we get to see sanji and robin.... can't remember who we have yet to see aside from them. Wonder how long until the strawhats get a powerup though, they seem to be at about the same level as before.

deffkryz
July 19, 2010, 05:14 PM
@cno: I'll prove you wrong depending on whether or not Oda would make a training arc as dull as those of Naruto and Bleach which I prefer to skip whenever such a training starts... No offense, but I'm reading and prefering OP partially because Oda don't prolong his manga which already is that much complex to skip those training sessions with something else in the world of OP. And that's the part where One Piece is superior even to Dragonball.

So I'm expecting to see Sanji and Robin, of course - but I hope that we'll also see the Arabasta people, and maybe Smoker, Tashigi, Coby and Helmeppo. I'd love to see Smoker (who's yearning to capture Luffy) meet Coby (whose aim it is as well to capture Luffy somewhere in the future). I' curious if Oda pulls Lucci reading the newspaper and saying something like "that mugiwara wouldn't do what those paper has been printing".

See? Even as a fan you can easily pull something greater than simple training that ain't that far-fetched from what is within Oda's instruments.

It would be a pity if Oda wasted those WSJ and later tankoubon pages for mere training comparable to Ichigo's copy of the "The Room of Spirit and Time" or Naruto's boooring creation of the Fuuton Rasenshuriken.

Well, according to Pagaya (and what we've seen before) the materials to create those Sky Islands are shot into the sky by that Knock Up Stream. As long as there isn't a way to dissolve those clouds I guess the wind can take them whereever direction. And only because there's no wind on the water surface of the Calmbelt, I don't think this is going to be the same in that altitude of several kilometres height above sea level.

cno
July 19, 2010, 05:50 PM
Dude, Oda drags out every arc, and for the most part they all have the same flow.

We just went through flashback arc, which could have easily been summed up in fewer chapters. Flashbacks are about as fun as a training arc. Even this Sabo one, where we are lead to believe that Luffy may have another brother, that COULD still be alive. Just after going through the loss of Ace. Which to me signifies the fact that Sabo is alive, because we were completely unaware of his existence prior to Ace's death. Had we known who he was, the loss of Ace wouldn't have been as dramatic, because well Luffy does have one more brother.

Still though, a few chapters of Luffy reasserting his goals, while also improving his strength, wouldn't be all so bad. It could also be what we are going to see as the crew and Luffy make their way back to SA. But, even after saying all of that I doubt we'll see Luffy "train" most likely some kind of realization, that will lead to further progression on his part. Most likely Haki.

Anyway, this chapter is most likely going to show the rest of the crew. I really hope Sanji is still not dressed in drag, and Robin is free of her situation. Just because I want the crew to reassemble already.

yhzc
July 19, 2010, 05:51 PM

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/388/09/

of course luffy invented gear 2. by himself, but he would never be able to learn soru. he just watched how the CP9 move and tried it out.

to learn soru all by yourself would be like learning a new language without a dictionary...it is possible, but it takes very long. but if someone tells you, how it works, it is rather simple, if your body can keep up.
sry for the bad example...can't think of a better right now :/

btt:next chapter is quite clear..robin and sanji.

i'm rather interested how sanji will get back to normal? maybe he will stay this way until SA and then when he sees robin or nami he'll get back to normal. anyway, i think this will be kinda epic moment :D

frontaLobotomy
July 19, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'm thinking Sanji will have to fight Iva in order to get off the island. While he's Luffy's Nakama, Ivankov hasn't struck me as the sort of guy who gives out freebies. Maybe he'll even get turned in to a woman, though I don't think I'd like for that to happen, even for comic relief.
As for Robin, it's a tough one concerning her. While I believe the Revolutionary Army are essentially the good guys, it'll be interesting to see what happens when confronted with the temptation of potentially reviving an ancient weapon.

elitefox
July 19, 2010, 08:11 PM
@cno: I'll prove you wrong depending on whether or not Oda would make a training arc as dull as those of Naruto and Bleach which I prefer to skip whenever such a training starts... No offense, but I'm reading and prefering OP partially because Oda don't prolong his manga which already is that much complex to skip those training sessions with something else in the world of OP. And that's the part where One Piece is superior even to Dragonball.

So I'm expecting to see Sanji and Robin, of course - but I hope that we'll also see the Arabasta people, and maybe Smoker, Tashigi, Coby and Helmeppo. I'd love to see Smoker (who's yearning to capture Luffy) meet Coby (whose aim it is as well to capture Luffy somewhere in the future). I' curious if Oda pulls Lucci reading the newspaper and saying something like "that mugiwara wouldn't do what those paper has been printing".

See? Even as a fan you can easily pull something greater than simple training that ain't that far-fetched from what is within Oda's instruments.

It would be a pity if Oda wasted those WSJ and later tankoubon pages for mere training comparable to Ichigo's copy of the "The Room of Spirit and Time" or Naruto's boooring creation of the Fuuton Rasenshuriken.

Well, according to Pagaya (and what we've seen before) the materials to create those Sky Islands are shot into the sky by that Knock Up Stream. As long as there isn't a way to dissolve those clouds I guess the wind can take them whereever direction. And only because there's no wind on the water surface of the Calmbelt, I don't think this is going to be the same in that altitude of several kilometres height above sea level.

Oh well, maybe not everybody will enjoy a training arc. (I did enjoy naruto having the fuuton rasenshuriken and rasengan training arc though)

I wonder how Oda will surprise us with his training arc version, a training arc unlike any other manga has :darn
[hr]

Well.. Now that's there only the stories of 2 SH remaining, it's safe to assume other "Loose ends" will be getting tied up soon. I hope that we can finally see the "proposal" that Ray San has for Luffy, and what made Chopper almost Sh1t his pants... I'm sure that we will be getting to these topics sooner than later...

Actually I'm the most excited to see Robin and Sanji, IMO they have undergone the greatest change.. One has had his very paradigm challenged, and seemingly accepted his "feminine side"..
While Robin who has always been an exile might have found the one group (Minus the SH) that will welcome her and help her. Still even if she can read Poneglyphs and has the history of Ohara, she's a SH 'til death.

I can see Sanji and Robin meeting together the most easily.. but I guess we shall see soon enough. It seems like many of the other SH still have serious obstacles to overcome to make it back together.. I wonder how soon (OP time) the SH could re group, or if a hasty reunion is actually beneficial or not...?

Any (Logic Based) Ideas?
<hr noshade size="1">

For what I know about choppy is that he always exaggerate lol

so I wont count too much on his facial expression is nothing but a comic relief and I bet everyone will have their own laughs on it:p

Go franky push the self destruct on WG:D:p:amuse;):eyeroll:blink:)

hy4k
July 19, 2010, 08:47 PM
hmm...

a training arc probably would be a bad idea. if bleach is anything to go by it would be interminable.

it's probably better that people learn to improve their skills on their own, which they need to do as the're weaklings.

sanji may be difficult as he has to learn newkama kenpo. but zoro can just fight baboons/mihawk and luffy is chilling with three of the strongest pirates in the world

diZmacX
July 19, 2010, 09:40 PM
Oh well, maybe not everybody will enjoy a training arc. (I did enjoy naruto having the fuuton rasenshuriken and rasengan training arc though)

I wonder how Oda will surprise us with his training arc version, a training arc unlike any other manga has :darn
<hr noshade size="1">

For what I know about choppy is that he always exaggerate lol

so I wont count too much on his facial expression is nothing but a comic relief and I bet everyone will have their own laughs on it:p

I don't really think it was for comic relief, it wasn't funny at any angle.. It's a rather serious look of chopper.

I highly aggre with you. OP is just too awesome and to broad for it to need a training arcs which is somewhat boaring. Oh and PEACE dudes out there, I do read a lot of mangas so no offense too. Also, like what I and yhzc said luffy wouldn't have tough of the technique (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/388/09/) if it wasn't for the cp9.

c0nflikt
July 19, 2010, 09:46 PM
Dude, Oda drags out every arc, and for the most part they all have the same flow.

We just went through flashback arc, which could have easily been summed up in fewer chapters. Flashbacks are about as fun as a training arc. Even this Sabo one, where we are lead to believe that Luffy may have another brother, that COULD still be alive. Just after going through the loss of Ace. Which to me signifies the fact that Sabo is alive, because we were completely unaware of his existence prior to Ace's death. Had we known who he was, the loss of Ace wouldn't have been as dramatic, because well Luffy does have one more brother.

Still though, a few chapters of Luffy reasserting his goals, while also improving his strength, wouldn't be all so bad. It could also be what we are going to see as the crew and Luffy make their way back to SA. But, even after saying all of that I doubt we'll see Luffy "train" most likely some kind of realization, that will lead to further progression on his part. Most likely Haki.

Anyway, this chapter is most likely going to show the rest of the crew. I really hope Sanji is still not dressed in drag, and Robin is free of her situation. Just because I want the crew to reassemble already.

I agree everyone was crying at the beginning of the flashbacks then oda made us love them, so i say bring on the training arc if that's what is ahead.

johnnyb7
July 19, 2010, 10:01 PM
It's not the idea of a training arc that i don't like, it's just that I'm tired of the prolonged separation of the strawhats lol. I'm just hoping the training arc isn't too long. maybe a couple chapters but then I want them to show the crew getting back to the archipelago and meeting with a super powered Luffy.

Maybe they'll just show the beginning of the training?

RichardMNixon
July 19, 2010, 10:14 PM
The lack of training arcs is one of OP's best attributes. They're one reason why I could never bring myself to care about Naruto. I see no reason why Oda would suddenly start having them.

dragonballz66
July 19, 2010, 10:49 PM
The training arc I saw in OP was during Luffy's days with Ace and Sabo. When they were young and Luffy is training to be strong and alway got his a$$ whopped by Sabo and Ace.

zerocooldx
July 19, 2010, 11:12 PM
hmm...

a training arc probably would be a bad idea. if bleach is anything to go by it would be interminable.

it's probably better that people learn to improve their skills on their own, which they need to do as the're weaklings.

sanji may be difficult as he has to learn newkama kenpo. but zoro can just fight baboons/mihawk and luffy is chilling with three of the strongest pirates in the world

I think Oda knows better then to throw a full blown training arc on us. Training acrs were never his MO to begin with anyways. And thank god for that. So i'm sure he will give us tid-bits and just fast forward to the end. I'de much rather be surprised in battle then expect characters to use certain things i saw them use while training. Training acrs are absolutely terrible in my opinion.

yellowblue
July 19, 2010, 11:13 PM
The lack of training arcs is one of OP's best attributes. They're one reason why I could never bring myself to care about Naruto. I see no reason why Oda would suddenly start having them.

IMHO, having someone that makes Luffy realize what haki is does not necessarily degrade the whole OP series. Rayleigh might fight him using haki and Luffy might be able to realize it this time. They are on an island whom almost everyone knows how to use haki. It's already been too long that it makes Luffy somewhat dumb by not not even noticing that kind power. He noticed the CP9 rokushiki in a couple of fights but not haki? Come on, I think it is being forced for a very long time now.

I hope Luffy's haki will still be in the form of gears with side effects.

c0nflikt
July 20, 2010, 12:18 AM
I don't get all the hatred of training arcs, I wish more manga's had them.

Ero-Sanji
July 20, 2010, 12:34 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/388/09/

of course luffy invented gear 2. by himself, but he would never be able to learn soru. he just watched how the CP9 move and tried it out.

to learn soru all by yourself would be like learning a new language without a dictionary...it is possible, but it takes very long. but if someone tells you, how it works, it is rather simple, if your body can keep up.
sry for the bad example...can't think of a better right now :/

What I meant with Luffy learning Soru by himself is that the technique has nothing to do with Gear 2. If you read the post I was quoting you would've got that. It's like the moonwalk MJ would've never had created it without watching the mime-artist doing his thingy, still MJ is regarded of creating it by himself. Anyway my point was to prove that Soru had nothing to do with Gear 2.

4StepsAhead
July 20, 2010, 01:05 AM
IMHO, having someone that makes Luffy realize what haki is does not necessarily degrade the whole OP series. Rayleigh might fight him using haki and Luffy might be able to realize it this time. They are on an island whom almost everyone knows how to use haki. It's already been too long that it makes Luffy somewhat dumb by not not even noticing that kind power. He noticed the CP9 rokushiki in a couple of fights but not haki? Come on, I think it is being forced for a very long time now.

I agree with you...Luffy not noticing his use of Haki is weird. Luffy is usually very observant during fights and I thought he would have atleast have noticed it at AL and during the war.

bittman
July 20, 2010, 01:42 AM
I don't get all the hatred of training arcs, I wish more manga's had them.

I'm rather impartial to training arcs, I just like the idea that Luffy is a self-made man. You cannot attribute his strength and fame to anyone in particular.

As for training arcs, it's not so much that I hate them as much as I am sick of them. If there is indeed a training arc, it will follow this formula:

Master gives student some base theory about what karate truly is.
Master gets student to do a menial task like waxing a car.
Student bitches and moans. Sometimes student does secret training.
Master shows student their growth, faith is restored.
Master trains student more specifically.
Student says some half finished sentences about a new attack.
Random calamity strikes.
Student is ready. Go Daniel-san!

Apply the above list to anything with a training arc. It will more or less follow it.

My favourite training arcs have the following steps:

Master shows student something.
Student proceeds to use something whilst kicking ass and chewing gum.
Student may, or may not, run out of gum.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 20, 2010, 02:25 AM
I agree with you...Luffy not noticing his use of Haki is weird. Luffy is usually very observant during fights and I thought he would have atleast have noticed it at AL and during the war.
He noticed, but couldn't understand what it is..:)

I really can't understand, why people are against training. We can be shown only a bit of it to not stall the manga too much, but this is a peroud in manga when Luffy needs training. It can be more off screen, but it should take place.
Or it would an ass pull from Oda's side to make Luffyy sronger without any logic.

wake0531
July 20, 2010, 02:32 AM
I believe that Franky will be rebuilt by Dr. Vegapunk, or an apprentice of his. His body was probably almost destroyed in the explosion and his body will be rebuilt so that his entire backside will be metal; thus, he will no longer have a physical weakness. I don't believe we will see this transformation until all of the SH get back together. In this logic, I don't believe we will see many of the SH "powering up". Luffy will probably be the center of this post war arc until the SH reunite, and then we find out what everyone has added to their fighting repertoire.

elitefox
July 20, 2010, 02:48 AM
I believe that Franky will be rebuilt by Dr. Vegapunk, or an apprentice of his. His body was probably almost destroyed in the explosion and his body will be rebuilt so that his entire backside will be metal; thus, he will no longer have a physical weakness. I don't believe we will see this transformation until all of the SH get back together. In this logic, I don't believe we will see many of the SH "powering up". Luffy will probably be the center of this post war arc until the SH reunite, and then we find out what everyone has added to their fighting repertoire.

That would be fun to see, maybe there will still be some parts that cannot be transformed like his ass :D

a weakness.

They might also fix his Centaurus mode, might become scorpion king though

llamapie
July 20, 2010, 03:26 AM

I really can't understand, why people are against training. We can be shown only a bit of it to not stall the manga too much, but this is a peroud in manga when Luffy needs training. It can be more off screen, but it should take place.
Or it would an ass pull from Oda's side to make Luffyy sronger without any logic.

Well there has always been a method to Luffy's improvements. He improves based on his opponent. Though I am a fan of Luffy getting training I can see why people would be against it. This entire time Luffy has gained strength with the help of no one but his own will to survive and protect. I see it as an obvious thing that he needs someone to at least point him in the right direction for haki control - but I can also see him refuse the help.

hy4k
July 20, 2010, 05:55 AM
I think Oda knows better then to throw a full blown training arc on us. Training acrs were never his MO to begin with anyways. And thank god for that. So i'm sure he will give us tid-bits and just fast forward to the end. I'de much rather be surprised in battle then expect characters to use certain things i saw them use while training. Training acrs are absolutely terrible in my opinion.

exactly

imagine that before the lucci fight we saw luffy pissing about with his powers "learning to get stronger" for a few months

hope they surprise us this time too

Schabrak
July 20, 2010, 07:10 AM
Training != Filler from anime[It doesn't have to be DBZ or Bleach, oh well we don't see Ichigo train, while he is obviously is doing it. :P]. -_- Training doesn't have to last for more than one or two chapters nor does it have to been shown on panels. I can't understand people complaining, when we see Zorro either train of sleep in non fighting chapters. Even Ussop is working on his devices, which can be seen as training and Luffy was shown training a lot already, forgot the flashback so fast!?

blimeymental
July 20, 2010, 07:32 AM
Theres no way that Oda-sensei will show us a whole arc of training. maybe one chapter, for introduction of another timeskip.

scince Oda-sensei stated in one interview that Luffys adventure in the 10th movie (which is settled right before SA) will be his last adventure with his crew as a young man. (he said "as a 17 year old" but scince the mugiwara crew exist for more than a year in the OP world now, and he surely got on or two years older during their trip, I believe he reffers to a significant time skip)

That is why I can imagine that there may be no mugiwara reunion so soon.
Who knows if Chopper is not going to fall down onto another island and loses the bird he used to ride.

If the seperation of the group is about to make them stronger in some way, then it may take a few more years (i.t. one piece world) for them, to become that much stronger as they promised on Thriller Bark, while Luffy was KO and Kuma showed up.
(reffering to Anime scince in Manga Lysop just said: "if our enemies get stronger and stronger, luffys going to destroy himself." nami then is only shown silently, but in Anime she said: "then we have to become stronger as a crew)

But even if Oda-sensei surpirses me and is up to sth. totally different, then its fine for me. because the reason i love this series is, because the author is always bringing up new ways to hit our wild speculaitions right into our reasoned faces.

My only real hope for One Piece is, that Oda-sensei is going to eat the happy-happy-no-mi and never has to eat, sleep, or rest anymore so he can draw One Piece all day long :D

BetaRuler
July 20, 2010, 08:11 AM
Master gives student some base theory about what karate truly is.
Master gets student to do a menial task like waxing a car.
Student bitches and moans. Sometimes student does secret training.
Master shows student their growth, faith is restored.
Master trains student more specifically.
Student says some half finished sentences about a new attack.
Random calamity strikes.
Student is ready. Go Daniel-san!

You forget, the random calamity usually always affects the master! Rurouni Kenshin being the one exception to this XD

Hey it could be like HITMAN REBORN! Where every arc needs another weeks worth of training to make them show off a completely new show of attacks... NO, I know, no one wants to see another manga doing that routine... it is getting aweful.

I reckon Luffy will get a log pose, or taken to an island, and told to try surviving there for a certain ammount of time... We wouldnt see much anything of 'Training' but more simply it would retrain his will to survive, then the log pose would take him back to shabondy or where ever Rayleigh wants the Straw Hats to meet... So basically just a detour.

Youbba
July 20, 2010, 08:16 AM
Maybe Rayleigh proposition will be something like :"You and me will stay here in AL, we'll fight each other everyday. And when you'll be able to fight equally against me, you'll be able to protect your crew and then you and me we'll return back to SA"

We can have a small timeskip (1 years or 2 ) the crew will be able to regroup in SA, the training part will not be shown. And in the next battle of the SH it'll be Luffy who'll explains a little about Haki.

Ichibugen
July 20, 2010, 08:53 AM
Maybe Rayleigh proposition will be something like :"You and me will stay here in AL, we'll fight each other everyday. And when you'll be able to fight equally against me, you'll be able to protect your crew and then you and me we'll return back to SA"

Luffy becoming as strong as Rayleigh so soon would be bad writing. He's a rookie right now. Were talking about the Pirate Kings first mate here, a guy who can match/hold off an Admiral and even injure him. Idf Luffy were to reach that level of strength just all of a sudden it would make the NW childsplay for him, which wouldnt be very entertaining.

4StepsAhead
July 20, 2010, 09:04 AM

I have nothing against Luffy's training, I believe the whole crew needs an upgrade/training if they want to survive in the new world, and I do think the majority of the upgrades will be off screen.

However I think it's weird that Luffy who is very observant during battles (He picked up that he was able to touch Croc with his blood and he was nearly unconscious, he also saw what CP9 did to achieve their level of speed and came up with a way to copy it) just didn't realize or atleast think that something was up when
1. He made the Dural's bull pass out and then afterwards saw Ray do the same thing at the auction
2. Saw Rayliegh use his haki which made people pass out, and then at AL and during the war he does the same thing and some how doesn't notice?
I don't expect him to know it's haki but atleast he should be like hey, I've seen this before......what is it?? Or what just happened, did I just do that??

Oh well........it's just a small observation/complain.

bittman
July 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
Also don't forget, if there is a timeskip coming up it's not going to be long. That or Chopper, Nami and prob Sanji will all just be sitting around Shabondy twidling their thumbs for some extended amount of time.

Preferably, another couple of weeks would be good just so we can fill in the gap between Rayleigh's words and the current time with the Strawhat's actions.

Still, Oda could spend a bit of time on some sort of training. It's not like haki requires magical gates to open and a tonne of theory.

Rayleigh: "Luffy, get mad"
Luffy: "RAWR!"
Rayleigh: "You pass, let's go"

fistsofrage
July 20, 2010, 09:54 AM
Dunno why people bitch so much...no matter what happens Oda is G and if there is a training arc all the whiners will enjoy it anyway in oda-style fashion.

Manta33
July 20, 2010, 10:51 AM
I agree with what Schabrak said, this training arc that we will never see in the manga is for the anime. (On a sidenote: why the hell don't hey just run the big shows in seasons, the anime would actually be worth a damn and the strain on the authors would be off, they would even get a chance to promote new mangas with anime, and save money on the shitty writers that pen filler...end rant)

You guys want to know how Luffy will improve, start dreaming of the ways you can use a rubber band. Gears 2 and 3 are about storing up the potential energy and letting it go in big ways. Haki is all about aligning your heart with your actions, it doesn't need to be trained. Some people are just meant to have the kings disposition like Luffy.

diZmacX
July 20, 2010, 11:24 AM
I'd really hate it when there's like damn long chapters/episodes about training like on other mangas such as bleach or reborn. It's like reading the history book of your school or something like that which is soooooooo boring that it makes you sick of it. But, if it's just an episode or two it would somehow make sense and then a time skip of maybe a month or two of the OP time. After such events, the crew should be gather all together again with somehow a different atmosphere within them. That'd be sooooo cool, wouldn't it?

Zehahaha
July 20, 2010, 11:51 AM
I hope there won't be a training arc, but rather a chapter about Haki and stuff, and introduction of the other Yonkou... We still didn't really see the reaction of the world about this war and stuff.

fistsofrage
July 20, 2010, 02:14 PM
Oda hasn't failed us yet so let's believe in him :)

Schabrak
July 20, 2010, 03:06 PM
Oda hasn't failed us yet so let's believe in him :)
Very true, it's so sad to see people doubt a hero, one of the greatest mangaka of the decade. He always did what he wanted, so what reason did he give you to disrespect him like that? We don't know how he would do it, since he never did, so let him just him suprise us, like he always does.

WickedNeko
July 20, 2010, 03:24 PM
Luffy does need training... but I don't think (like others said) it'll be shown completely. Most likely, there will be beginning, and then we'll cut to other strawhats trying to make their way back.

It's a good way of having Luffy do something while we see the adventures of other crew members.

Kaiten
July 20, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure why Oda would do a training arc for the first time in 12 years now. I can't even recall many power ups. Gear 2, gear 3, that's it. It's one of the thing I like about OP, ignoring the parts of Dragonball that have become cliche. All I expect this week is Sanji and Robin leaving whatever island they are on and a few pages of Sayleigh telling Luffy his plan for meeting up with them. After that the build up to a Fishman Island arc.

Bertosch
July 20, 2010, 03:43 PM
I guess Luffy will be trained while getting back to the others... and most probably this will take place in a short time jump. Maybe we will see how he got to control haki in a flashback when some of the SH' aks him in the next fight what he has just done....

wow my english sucks real bad!

Poneglyph420
July 20, 2010, 03:45 PM
I tend to agree with the "Trust in Oda" camp, he really is (IMHO) the most coherent and consistent Mangaka currently working..

I'm sure many of the trends in his style will continue to pervade the story.

And that's SUPER!!! (Poses like Franky)

Still...
I'm really hoping that this week we get to finally see what Rayleigh has to propose to Luffy and more on the SH as well..
As it stands it could take a considerable amount of time for the crew to reconvene and continue on their journey. Logic dictates that whatever is ahead of us it will be masterfully done.

Oh Sanji please find a way to come to terms with your "inner Okama"

That and some shots of a scantily clad Robin...

WickedNeko
July 20, 2010, 03:49 PM
I tend to agree with the "Trust in Oda" camp, he really is (IMHO) the most coherent and consistent Mangaka currently working..

I'm sure many of the trends in his style will continue to pervade the story.

And that's SUPER!!! (Poses like Franky)

Still...
I'm really hoping that this week we get to finally see what Rayleigh has to propose to Luffy and more on the SH as well..
As it stands it could take a considerable amount of time for the crew to reconvene and continue on their journey. Logic dictates that whatever is ahead of us it will be masterfully done.

Oh Sanji please find a way to come to terms with your "inner Okama"

That and some shots of a scantily clad Robin...

...how about scantily clad Sanji who had come to terms with his "inner Okama"?

tothx
July 20, 2010, 05:46 PM

Blah, Sanji becoming friends with the Okamas would just be lame. Him getting a power up due to a shitload of long distance running training would be far cooler :p

Poneglyph420
July 20, 2010, 05:50 PM

That's a very scary thought.... Sounds like a Yaoi manga or something creepy like that..

But not out of the question I guess..

I'd really like to see more of the SH.. but not that kind of MORE...
LOL!!

cno
July 20, 2010, 06:32 PM
I just love how a *GASP* possible training arc (yes, we are just speculating) could occur, and the over reacting to it.

Like everyone here would stop reading the manga if it did happen. I don't think it is going to, but it certainly wouldn't ruin anything, and if it did happen I'm sure it would be slightly more significant than a normal training arc via Naruto, because as it has been stated before, Oda has not done that with OP yet in 12 years.

WIzarDE
July 20, 2010, 06:45 PM
Training Arcs to me are the lamest and most lazy way to power up a char ever, and the fact that people love them shocks me to the core.

Luffy will get stronger that's for shore but we don't need some guy teaching him anything, he will gain that knowledge through his experience in the battle field so for all we know his tiny sub conscience will already have come up with new techniques kinda like when he showed gear 2 against that bull guy.

What I think ray meant was they had to distract the WG with something else giving his crew the chance to come together on their own accord.

elitefox
July 20, 2010, 07:25 PM
Luffy does need training... but I don't think (like others said) it'll be shown completely. Most likely, there will be beginning, and then we'll cut to other strawhats trying to make their way back.

It's a good way of having Luffy do something while we see the adventures of other crew members.

yup, This is what I had in mind also.

The training will be over when they meet up, 9 SH in training lol
we might see a glimpse of each and it will end before you know it thus you might hunger for more training arc in the end :D

wake0531
July 20, 2010, 07:26 PM
I just love how a *GASP* possible training arc (yes, we are just speculating) could occur, and the over reacting to it.

Like everyone here would stop reading the manga if it did happen. I don't think it is going to, but it certainly wouldn't ruin anything, and if it did happen I'm sure it would be slightly more significant than a normal training arc via Naruto, because as it has been stated before, Oda has not done that with OP yet in 12 years.

I agree. Except, its almost 13 years now.

Trafalgar SoD
July 20, 2010, 08:23 PM
I'm a Trafalgar fan so I want the story to focus on him and his crew while the SHs are doing whatever the hell they are doing. Hell go ahead and do it on the other supernovas.

fistsofrage
July 20, 2010, 08:53 PM
Well if Oda has luffy train it'll probably be training that only a rubber man could accomplish that would shorten the training time. If Raleigh's training is anything like Kakashi's kage bunshin training for naruto then I would have no complaints.

damane08
July 20, 2010, 09:19 PM
People keep talking about a timeskip in OP and at first i was all for it but then i thought about it and it just doesn't seem like it would work. There's just SO much going on in the OP world for a timeskip. what about WB's territories? BB and his crew? The supernovas going into the new world? the other prisoners from level 6? and that's not all.... there's just too much going on for a timeskip imo, it just doesn't seem like it would work.