PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 592 Discussion / 593 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2

Akainu
July 07, 2010, 04:30 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62400) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks :)

The chapter is out (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1987328&postcount=182)

hasoon87
July 12, 2010, 11:22 PM
Its been a while since we've gotten spoilers this early! I am not complaining! THE STRAWHATS ARE BACK! yeah!

jamjosef
July 12, 2010, 11:34 PM
Wow!! mihawk in the same island huh? i guess that means either zoro gets a chance to rematch or learns a thing or two from him... as for nami? well nami is nami! once a theif... always a theif!
cant wait for the reunion

Ero-Sanji
July 12, 2010, 11:43 PM
So, everyone who thought it was Mihawks Island/residence, congrats!

I'm amazed how Zoro can be so calm around his nemesis, I thought he would immediately attack him at first sight. I guess he reacted the right way knowing that his not on the current level. Also should Mihawk teach him something or if they should grow closer than it becomes more possible that someone else might "cheap shot" Mihawk out. But let's not think about that.

Btw was I the only one who thought Mihawk was Perona's father in the pictures they share together, they look cute together:p

ish3
July 12, 2010, 11:44 PM
Damn a whole chapter on the strawhats? Well I don't see Robin and Sanji but that's pretty much everyone. Hopefully we see them all if that's what's happening here and some if not a little info on what Luffy's doing.

darklide
July 12, 2010, 11:51 PM
Ah thats good to hear from the different straw hats :)
Cant wait to read the full chapter :)

Uriel
July 12, 2010, 11:52 PM
I'm glad the whole chapter is about the strawhats! After more than a year!

Tinori
July 13, 2010, 12:17 AM
So, everyone who thought it was Mihawks Island/residence, congrats!

I'm amazed how Zoro can be so calm around his nemesis, I thought he would immediately attack him at first sight. I guess he reacted the right way knowing that his not on the current level. Also should Mihawk teach him something or if they should grow closer than it becomes more possible that someone else might "cheap shot" Mihawk out. But let's not think about that.

Btw was I the only one who thought Mihawk was Perona's father in the pictures they share together, they look cute together:p

Zoro have too much pride to learn from mihawk. Plus Mihawk is not a man who will go easy on someone and help them out. The only thing zoro can get out of that island is maybe training by fighting the gorillas. Maybe he will find the secret on how mihawk train on that island?

I really do feel Perona will need to help zoro for him to get back to the SH crew. That guys sense of direction is horrible.

taimoor2
July 13, 2010, 12:21 AM
Mihawk has obviously fought on this Island before. Baboons are scared of him (won't go near his castle) so he has fought them also. If they really learn from humans then they should know some of Mihawk's tricks!

Let's see how Zoro handles them!

c0nflikt
July 13, 2010, 12:34 AM
so like garp has a badass yakuza-like tattoo, thats news to me.

OldSkOoL
July 13, 2010, 12:36 AM
That's Akainu

mr.danly
July 13, 2010, 01:27 AM
I'm really looking forward to this chapter. Couple of things; first of all, we get to see an extremely interesting Zoro-Mihawk reunion, much earlier than expected! Second, anybody else think that Nami's little moment was really touching (I always personally thought that Nami and Zoro were the closest crewmates to Luffy)? And third, LMAO at Franky... "If, by accident, I did press that self-destruct switch... is it my fault this place blew up??"

Shisu
July 13, 2010, 01:38 AM
Wow... a chapter without Luffy.
Meh, I hoped we would get to see what made Chopper piss his pants, but this doesn't sound to bad either. :amuse

1nfamous
July 13, 2010, 02:09 AM
Wow... a chapter without Luffy.
Meh, I hoped we would get to see what made Chopper piss his pants, but this doesn't sound to bad either. :amuse

In the spoilers didn't persona and mihawk say moria was dead? So i guess the government has confirmed that Moria is dead and FLAMINGO boy killed Moria, haha. If Moria is did die, wouldn't Mihawk mention Luffy being the culprit on the newspaper? So, Luffy being accused of Moria's death is out of the picture? Chopper, reacting to something else then.

On the other note, what was the chance of Zoro landing near Mihawks house? god, never expected that coming at all. He's gonna learn some skills from fighting those Apes though, sure of it.

Nami, pretending to cry and actually started trouble on Sky Island is hilarious! She stole the weather ball and the weather book! She got new equipment everybody!

Xenos3421
July 13, 2010, 02:15 AM
HAAA Brook lost to the athiests!

well. At least jewish.

O yeah and how about Zoro talking to Mihawk. I would gush, but i'll just say. Loving this tattoo more and more. (OP pride 4eva)

Yeah. Otherwise its just nice to see somebody(OTHER than luffy) really piss the goverment off. I think Franky's getting bigger bounty. Yyyeah. He blew up everything.

all in all id say another month or so before everybody gets reunited.

Wolf D. Arius
July 13, 2010, 02:26 AM
Hello =)

I'm new in this Forum, and its been a while so my english could be really bad :eyeroll But im reading One Piece and Naruto since the beginning, so i thought i should give it a try ;)

To me its "obvious", what this is all about. Apparently, the Marines want to raise Luffys Bounty and make him "the bad guy" in this whole Story.

> More Bounty Hunters are coming for Luffy, making his way through the New World extremly difficult.

> He is described as the bad guy, by killing Moria, so the good people Luffy will meet in Future will not be as friendly as they have been until now. I mean: You read it yourself, the most fearsome ability that luffy has is > to make friends/become allies, even with former enemies. Of course the marines want to do something about it, and now they make Luffy the bad guy here. Oh and dont forget: The marines are the ones that killed Moria, so they can point with their fingers at Luffy and dont need to think about the truth. I guess Mihawk will keep distance now from the marines aswell, because he knows something about this Moria thing is not right.

So i think, it is obvious what the newspaper is saying: Bounty is extremly raising (Impel Down, Tenryuubito incident, Dragons Son (not mentioned in the newspaper)), Luffy killed/defeated Moria, has escaped and will bring terror to the sea. Whitebeard and Ace are dead, the Marines are victorious and will try to keep the peace up. (I dont think Blackbeard, Luffy beeing Dragons son or Shanks appearance will be mentioned)

In the mean time, all of the SH's are going nuts because they heard the news.. This is really getting interesting, especially the part of Zoro, who could have thought that Mihawk is living on this island and telling Zoro about the war and Luffy.

And yeah, Franky is SUPEEEER hilarious ^^ -push the button-

Greetz Wolf D. Arius

Jorge D. Dragon
July 13, 2010, 02:27 AM
I liked Zoro's and especially Franky's adventure.:) I just hope he didn't blow up the whole island)) I think now Franky's bounty will grow immensely.:)

elitefox
July 13, 2010, 03:00 AM
Wow, that was a flash, didn't even have time to react after reading the chapter

Just shock, maybe not what I was expecting 2 SH crew only.

And the hell, Mihawk is so cool.
Who says that no man is an island, when you have many baboons LOL

I don't care what anybody says, this is an epic chapter for me.

OdaForPresident
July 13, 2010, 03:06 AM
I did not think that Zorro would meet Mihawk again so soon, and he even gave Zorro a boat. He must really like him, even though he tried to kill luffy. Cool chapter! So now its Sanji, Chopper, Usopp and Robin next time and then...reunion time!!!

1nfamous
July 13, 2010, 03:10 AM
I did not think that Zorro would meet Mihawk again so soon, and he even gave Zorro a boat. He must really like him, even though he tried to kill luffy. Cool chapter! So now its Sanji, Chopper, Usopp and Robin next time and then...reunion time!!!

We already got chopper and usopp. Next chapter we got Robin and Sanji, and then back to Rayleigh and luffy. Hopefully, we find out what Rayleigh has in mind for Luffy!

Yans86
July 13, 2010, 03:16 AM
WTF!!!
This chapter is suuuuuuuuuupppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Seriously...Zoro and Mihawk together...PWNSOME!!!
Franky destroying Vegapunk lab....lol,alays the best!!his bounty will sky rocket...

....WE CAN SUMMON DEMONS WITH PANTIES... Yohohohohohohoho!!seriously,too good to be true!!

Vegapunk storywas just brilliant,I'm really eager to bthink that he will become a SH and that he was abducted by the marines...in the end it look like he was a really good child!!I bet that the marines abducted him in change of instruments and money to save his island....

I can't way to see Sanji meeting Ivankov...
Robin is likely to be the last to show up cause she is with the revolutionaries so I bet that she is going to show up with Dragon at the SH's reunion XD

k-dom
July 13, 2010, 03:16 AM
Nasty Oda, he took Sanji for the last :-))

Again it seems some of the stawhat are on their way while the other still have to find a way to escape

PS : confrats for those who guessed Mihawk home

OdaForPresident
July 13, 2010, 03:58 AM
We already got chopper and usopp. Next chapter we got Robin and Sanji, and then back to Rayleigh and luffy.

Ah right, :chair forgot about those two. How could I forget that Usopp part?!?!?!?

Anyway Zorro should get much stronger from fighting all those baboons. They seem really strong, the even managed to wound Zorro. While he might be stronger that any individual baboon, together they would become a real problem! And if they learned some of Mihawks tricks...troublesome.

From the cover stories I did think that the island had some relation to Mihawk, but his current home...no way.

Makki
July 13, 2010, 04:34 AM
Wooah, I really hope Zoro can learn a thing or two from Mihawk. Would be perfect.
I can't wait to see Robin's and Sanji's adventure next chapter.
While I think all can get off their islands except for Usopp and Brook right now.
But perhaps it will just take a few chapters longer until they return.
After all some crewmates are farer away than others. Usopp and Brook were on the grandline already,right?

rickfox
July 13, 2010, 04:38 AM
Moria is "dead", well what is the next move for Perona?

msg
July 13, 2010, 04:47 AM
jee Oda I wanna know what Rayleigh is proposing to Luffy...guess i've to wait a few more chapters.
Sakazuki and Borsalino cover page!!!Akainu looks damn serious and focus while Kizaru looks playful.How befitting their "names" is.

By the looks of it Perona gonna stay with Mihawk...They do look fittingly good for each other lol.

rickfox
July 13, 2010, 05:27 AM
jee Oda I wanna know what Rayleigh is proposing to Luffy...guess i've to wait a few more chapters.
Sakazuki and Borsalino cover page!!!Akainu looks damn serious and focus while Kizaru looks playful.How befitting their "names" is.

By the looks of it Perona gonna stay with Mihawk...They do look fittingly good for each other lol.

Mihawk is "one man band", he travels alone.

can he offer everything that Perona want?

ScratchmenApoo
July 13, 2010, 05:33 AM
OH MY GOD!
Mihawk is there !
This is amazing, my jaw dropped after seeing that picture...
Can't wait to read it...

Yans86
July 13, 2010, 05:52 AM
Seein what we just knew about Vegapunk,the caos Franky created,the involvement of Kuma with him,Vegapunk's dream and him possibly being a good guy...in the distant future I can picture him becoming either one of the strawhats or either a revolutionary(if Kuma didn't abduct him already...I can see a lot of reasons a way to do it..)...

It might be really interesting to see if Ace's fruit might play a role in the Vegapunk's dream because if he can replicate DF's power,he can use it to create a special machine to constantly warm his island....

A lot of thingsd are running in my head for this events!!!surely Vegapunk will desire revenge on Franky and something will happen to make him "CHANGE" side..

beastboy
July 13, 2010, 06:03 AM
SUUUUPPEEEEEERRR

"Just thinking about the pain you are feeling, my heart ackes!!
Altough I don't have an heart"
I missed this skull jokes, xD

But I'm pissed, the 2 mugiwara's I wanted to see 1st are the ones that we won't see... :<

goldb
July 13, 2010, 06:06 AM
Severe fangasm!!! too much for one chapter I have to say. The cover alone is awesome, let alone Oda showing us Mihawk meeting Zoro again, Franky being super, Nami demonstrating her skills and Brook being Brook. I'm too happy XD

jerrycute
July 13, 2010, 06:14 AM
im happy there's no LUFFY KILLING MORIA theory!

frontaLobotomy
July 13, 2010, 06:37 AM
From the look of it, this is a really good chapter. I didn't expect Zoro and Mihawk to meet again so soon.

sarutobi_sensei
July 13, 2010, 06:40 AM
Wow, we see most of them, except the ones with the Revolutionary Army :<

Can't wait for the chapter

Shisu
July 13, 2010, 06:59 AM
So next we will get to see Sanji and Robin. Sanji meeting Iva would be hilarious.

Invankov: You are Mugiwara's Nakama?
Sanji: Sure I am~~
Ivankov: You wanna go see him?
Sanji: Of course, Iva-sama~~
Ivankov: HELL WINK~!

And there he flies back to Shabondy.

hy4k
July 13, 2010, 07:01 AM
what was the point of franky going to vegapunk's island?

and what was the point of chopper going to the island of birds?

everyone else has gotten stronger while they havent done shit

Flavx
July 13, 2010, 07:07 AM
Maybe in the next chapter we see sanji and robin getting together since ivankov is from the RA, that would be cool ^^

Wolf D. Arius
July 13, 2010, 07:12 AM
In my eyes, Chopper can be seen as "the bridge between humans and animals", i think this will be a very important "power" for him in the future. oh and if i remember right, he was able to search a few ingredients on this isle. i think this was shown in the anime, i am not sure though, could be wrong. But i guess his confidence has grown a little, cause Chopper now has more friends

And Franky well....... if he really pushed the button, i think he will be cautious in the future xD

But its sad, that all of the people in the sky think that nami is faking her cry..

heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey ;)

all thats left to say: cant wait for this chap to release and the next one, it seems that slowly the SHs are making their ways to the end of their seperate Storylines

Greetz Wolf D. Arius

PS is wouldnt like it, if sanji stays an okama.. i think he will regain his true style, especially when he sees Nami oder Robin. Could you imagine? One second in the same room with them and > swooosh > skippe skippe nami swaaaaaaan robin schwaaaaan xD

Would be awesome -laugh-

Youbba
July 13, 2010, 07:14 AM
I'm not going to say that the chapter is epic and that Oda is an awesome genius ....
It has been already proven again and again.

After this chapter I'm starting to think that Zoro will not take the title of the best swordsman in the world from Mihawk, but from someone else who will defeat hawkeye ...... Shiryuu of course.

vinchbr
July 13, 2010, 07:16 AM

franky's getting insight on more advanced technology, he's stealing vegapunks boat, probably along with a bunch of research papers.

now chopper, i was hopping he would be able to tap into his demon animal form and be able to control it

k-dom
July 13, 2010, 08:14 AM
The idea that they have been separated for power up is just speculation from us. Brook does not seem to have gain much either. That's why I'm also less and less believing in the haki training scenario. Except for nami who has clearly stolen some interesting feature and probably franky who has also surely taken a few plans there are no real signs of power up

Zoro needs to find a baby baboon. It worked for the lapahn

And Akainu tatoo is the nice surprise of the chapter

hy4k
July 13, 2010, 08:21 AM
franky's getting insight on more advanced technology, he's stealing vegapunks boat, probably along with a bunch of research papers.

now chopper, i was hopping he would be able to tap into his demon animal form and be able to control it

i doubt they'll do anything now. franky's just set off a nuke and chopper's on his way back. franky's fucked

at the same time though franky and robin used to be far more powerful than they are with the strawhats. they have been nerfed badly since joining up

bittman
July 13, 2010, 08:30 AM
Well guess the few who predicted Zoro being on Mihawk's island were correct, kudos to everyone who predicted that. Sucked in to everyone who predicted Zoro cutting ghosts or some bullshit.

Franky, Nami and Brooke are all doing some epic stuff which made me laugh.

Also, as for everyone seeing this as a "power up arc": not all power ups are physical. Franky, Robin, Brooke and Nami all seem to be gaining "intelligence", Zoro probably physical (because that's just what he does) whilst Ussop and Chopper are possibly gaining other life skills (Courage and diplomacy perhaps?).

And Sanji is gaining 12 shades of nail polish, 8 classy dresses and 431 shoes.

See, there is a method to Kuma's madness.

(@hy4k: and yeah, Robin severely got nerfed since joining the Strawhats. Franky on the other hand, I didn't get that impression so much.)

diZmacX
July 13, 2010, 08:40 AM
Suuppppppppppperrrrr!!!!!:dance
Seeing the mugiwara's again sure is awesome. :shakefist

For sure nami and franky has something with them that are interesting. It will lead to upgrades of coarse.

Zoro and mihawk togethere in a chapter was amazing. Now I wonder where will perona end-up. Moria being dead in the war - WG, lmao, now the moria thing doesn't have anything to do with luffy.

Brook was naive... though i think he will arrive sooner because the thieves will probably sell him, maybe bring him to SA..? who knows..

goldb
July 13, 2010, 08:41 AM
What has Franky done? O_O. I can't believe he blew up the lab, I wonder what'll be left from it. And Brook being captured lmao, I wonder how many chapters before they get moving, because so far only Chopper is on the move and Nami looks like she's getting close but she needs to get that bubble thing working.

johnnyb7
July 13, 2010, 09:31 AM
I want the strawhats to be back together again!

THM Nindo
July 13, 2010, 09:38 AM
They kept the best for the end.
The two that will be related with the rebellion!

Sanji through Iva, and Robin through... Sabo!!

Yans86
July 13, 2010, 09:50 AM
Let's make a little resume about the possible Strawhat gaining:

Franky:As someone said he might have taken some ideas from Vegapunk's lab as well as some new technologies...

Chopper:As someone said he will be more confident and his ability to make interact animals and humans will be fundamental in the future.
Let's remember also his past,he was banned by his tribe and humans hated him...after Luffy and his crew that accepted him he has now reached a new step...
(Is not important his demon form,he will be the best doctor)

Nami: lol,God knows how many tricky things she has learned and stolen...

Brook:Brook music gave to a population of cowards the strenght to react and fight...which is a great power up IMO!!!he can influence people mood and his/strawhat's opponent only by that...
(this also may differentiate him a little more from Zoro that wants to be the strongest swordsman)

Zoro...well....for the moment is hard to know,but I bet that his story will be a little longer then that of the others,and same should apply for Sanji too....

Finally,Robin...IMO she has to reappear with Dragon at the SH's meeting.
1)Notice that the place where she was sent has a bridge that is connected with the ancient history(they started to build it after the void century,800 years ago).
2)the guy shown to retrieve her is the same that was with Dragon after the Eneis Lobby accident
3)Kuma wanting to save the strawhat's due to their ties with "the revolutionaries" 4) the late happenings with the noble (flashback included of Ace/luffy/Sabo + Revolutionaries)...
5) Dragon saying after the EL accident that it was almost time to meet Luffy....
If this isn't the best time I don't know when this is going to be!!!!

diZmacX
July 13, 2010, 10:13 AM
Finally,Robin...IMO she has to reappear with Dragon at the SH's meeting.
1)Notice that the place where she was sent has a bridge that is connected with the ancient history(they started to build it after the void century,800 years ago).

5) Dragon saying after the EL accident that it was almost time to meet Luffy....
If this isn't the best time I don't know when this is going to be!!!!

For your 1) I don't think so, It wasn't 800 years ago; It's 700 years ago
see - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Tequila_Wolf

For your 5) Dragon didn't said something like it's almost time to meet luffy. What he said was "the time we meet will come."

Bugzee
July 13, 2010, 10:13 AM
This looks like such an awesome chapter. I can't wait for the HQ release. :wtf

Kakkoii! I didn't expect to see Zoro making a return so soon. I was expecting Oda to leave him till last. EVEN better is the fact that Mihawk made an appearance as well! Zomg! I didn't see Zoro and Mihawk crossing paths again in OP at this point tbh. I wonder what Perona will do now that she has found out about Gecko's death..? Stay with Mihawk, join the SH's? or other? lol

"I will come and eat your hearts out! LOL! :XD

So Sanji & Robin are last two to make an apperance again....this is gonna be very interesting indeed. :smile-biga

I miss Robin! :crying

DARK
July 13, 2010, 10:20 AM
This is looking to be a very interesting chapter.
Mihawk appearing out of nowhere in front of Zoro? I'm surprised that Mihawk and Zoro are able to cross paths here, considering that Shanks never wanted to directly cross paths with Luffy back at Marineford.
Nami stealing the research notes from Weatheria and her fake crying. Priceless!
Brooke scaring the shit out of the Longarms, awesome.

And is it any coincidence that Robin and Sanji are purposely taken last for this chapter? It's gonna be interesting if Iva comes back to his kingdom and sees one of Luffy's nakama. Also, Robin and the Revolutionaries.
Nice way to tie up loose ends, Oda.

Yans86
July 13, 2010, 10:50 AM
For your 1) I don't think so, It wasn't 800 years ago; It's 700 years ago
see - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Tequila_Wolf

For your 5) Dragon didn't said something like it's almost time to meet luffy. What he said was "the time we meet will come."

My points stands anyway I just remembered it bad!!!
Void century was between 700 and 800 years ago...there were hints in Robin's flashback as well as in Shandorian's story...so the bridge started to be built immediately after that period...
U don't need to post just to make a post if u don't have any arguement to put in the discussion...

goldb
July 13, 2010, 10:50 AM
Mihawk didn't know Zoro nor anyone was going to be on his island so they've indirectly crossed paths as well. Mihawk telling Perona to cry elsewhere is GOLDEN!!!

I guess Mihawk doesn't have to use his strength against the baboons cos he's a peaceful guy, I guess that's why he chose the island. Do you think maybe he has a treaty with the WG regarding that island too? To stop people coming there...

Moria to be used a corpse by Vegapunk?

hhv94
July 13, 2010, 10:54 AM
WOW......there is a lot going on in this chapter. I don't know how Oda is able to pack so much in one chapter. I'm a bit confused on what has happened to everyone thus far. I may have to watch the anime filler episodes to get an idea. Also wondering what the heck Frankie did to cause a big explosion like that! I am SO looking forward to some HQ scans!

Junior
July 13, 2010, 11:05 AM
- Wipes a tear. -

D'aw, Oda you're too much. It's so refreshing to see all the Strawhats again.

Did any one else have an "Oh Shi---" moment when it was shown that Zoro was on Mihawk's island the entire time?

I love how Oda incorporated each of their stories into one page spreads during the other chapters. Very tactful and it all came together nicely.

SenninSage
July 13, 2010, 11:08 AM
Haha, so awesome to finally start seeing all the different members of the crew again!

Wow, Zoro on the same island as Mihawk!? That's so damn awesome, wow. It seems like he's probably going to receive some help from Mihawk. The Strawhat crew is going to be so insane when all is said and done.

Bugzee
July 13, 2010, 11:20 AM
This week's chapter cover is pretty sweet as well. :amuse

Typical Nami to steal hey? No matter the situation lol. Besides taking the note book, I sure hope Nami has actually learnt a few new tricks/techniques...it would suck if she just relies on that notebook tbh.

I would like to see more of Franky and how he'll eventually return back to SA. Will he repair and modify that ice-breaker ship?

diZmacX
July 13, 2010, 11:22 AM
My points stands anyway I just remembered it bad!!!
Void century was between 700 and 800 years ago...there were hints in Robin's flashback as well as in Shandorian's story...so the bridge started to be built immediately after that period...
U don't need to post just to make a post if u don't have any arguement to put in the discussion...

Before I say something I'm totally not arguing with you, i just corrected your mistake and that's all.

Now about you saying I shouldn't post here just because I don't have an argument, It's a shock that for a member here from Jul 2006 don't know that this thread wasn't only made for arguments but also for suggestions and comments.

Please dude, keep your cool. I aint against you.

bruticus171
July 13, 2010, 11:55 AM
The SH will be back together in the One Piece 600 chapter that is my guess.

THM Nindo
July 13, 2010, 11:59 AM
The SH will be back together in the One Piece 600 chapter that is my guess.

Good guess...

There's is already one in way : Chopper
And one almost in the way : Nami

All others are kinda trying to leave, but are having difficulties, but they will most likely be resolved soon.

Now, the question is : When will Luffy leave for the meeting point...
With what Rayleigh said, it didn't looked like they were leaving right away...

Super Angillis
July 13, 2010, 12:03 PM
I thought we were only gonna see 2 Strawhats a Chapter, but I was wrong. I wonder if What Zoro is going to learn is how to be "gentle" with his swords. We know Mihawk's swordwork can be increadibly subtle, and I would guess Gentle. So maybe what Zoro needs to do is not forcefully smash through the apes, but rather gently part the way. Seems that thus Far Zoro and Ussop are going to have the hardest time meeting up with the rest of the crew.

Bugzee
July 13, 2010, 12:04 PM
I think Rayleigh, Luffy & co will be staying put at AL for the time being. Maybe, in a few chapters time Luffy will be heading back to SA? I find that Nami & Chopper won't have much trouble returning back. It's Zoro, Franky, Brooke lol (kidnapped! xD) and arguably Usopp that will find it difficult to make it back sooner then expected imo.

I'm dying to know what Rayleigh's plan is! :crying (Haki training!:shakefist)

hy4k
July 13, 2010, 12:13 PM
In terms of their experiences away from luffy zoro, nami, usopp, sanji and brook have improved themselves

robin, chopper and franky have not.

i thought chopper could learn to control his beast form and franky would at least have souped himself up but again, it hasn't hapened

it seems a bit weird

Ustegius
July 13, 2010, 12:17 PM
Such an interesting chapter. Is it just me, or did Zoro and Nami look a little bit older?

Ussop is definetly in the hardest spot. But I'm very glad he's actually fighting, and it didn't even look so bad with him being fat. Zoro is also in a tight spot, but I think he'll eventually get a hint or two from Mihawk. Being 'gentle' with his sword is a excellent guess!

Nami is just her lovely thieving self.

Laughed so hard at Brook, even though he was really cool for a moment there. I wonder if the cultist's save him (not) or if he meets Apoo.

And Franky. Nuclear explosions - Franky aproves! :thumbs I'm so going to make a sig of that when the HQ is out.

chess4
July 13, 2010, 01:01 PM
The strawhats haven't gotten there "upgrades" yet. I thinl oda just wanted to show what they were doing. Same with luffy, he hasn't gotten an upgrade yet. I think between now and when they are shown again, each will been have worked out the kinks. Nami will use whatever she stole to upgrade climatac, zoro will learn something from either mihawk or the apes, brook will learn something from the longarms, and chopper will learn something from the giant bird

BlackHair
July 13, 2010, 01:02 PM
I don't like this new master student relationship between Zoro and Mihawk. I get the feeling, we might not see a battle between them.

Anyway, wondering how long it will take for everyone to gather. I hope this will be finished between 5 chapters. Looking forward to their reaction while facing each other and especially with Luffy's current depressive mode.

It seems Robin and Sanji will appear next week. As you would expect the two best story's to be told at last. Sanji's and Robin's have now ties with the rev.army. Looking forward to.

terrorei
July 13, 2010, 01:05 PM

In terms of their experiences away from luffy zoro, nami, usopp, sanji and brook have improved themselves

robin, chopper and franky have not.

i thought chopper could learn to control his beast form and franky would at least have souped himself up but again, it hasn't hapened

it seems a bit weird

How ofter will you post the same question again?
Through you already got your info.
Chopper probably learns how to interact with animals more efficiently, or he had many patients on the island he had to attend to.

Franky is an engineer and his Strength depends on his Gadgets. So all Franky needed for a power up is inspiration or ideas, which he had plenty in Vegapunks Labor.

Robin is an Assassin her strength is the spying and information gathering.
This is the reason Robin seems to be "weak" (through I don't see where she has been "nerved"). Her Powerup will most likely be the cooperation with the RA-Spynetwork.

DARK
July 13, 2010, 01:06 PM
The strawhats haven't gotten there "upgrades" yet. I thinl oda just wanted to show what they were doing. Same with luffy, he hasn't gotten an upgrade yet. I think between now and when they are shown again, each will been have worked out the kinks. Nami will use whatever she stole to upgrade climatac, zoro will learn something from either mihawk or the apes, brook will learn something from the longarms, and chopper will learn something from the giant bird

What's with assuming that the Straw Hats will magically receive upgrades while separated from Luffy?
Zoro is currently the only one in process of training, the others just want to get back to Luffy as soon as possible.
Well, if anything, Nami is going to be learning something from the research notes. And maybe, just maybe, Sanji learns Okama Kenpo...

methodmethod2
July 13, 2010, 01:07 PM
I like to imagine brooke playing the quintessential bard-esque support role for the SH's(rallying the troops with uplifting tunes & demoralizing the enemies with an out of tune harpsichord), it makes him unique instead of just another swordsman(as someone mentioned earlier).

All these unconventional methods of training are awesome.

Youbba
July 13, 2010, 01:07 PM
I don't like this new master student relationship between Zoro and Mihawk. I get the feeling, we might not see a battle between them.

Anyway, wondering how long it will take for everyone to gather. I hope this will be finished between 5 chapters. Looking forward to their reaction while facing each other and especially with Luffy's current depressive mode.

It seems Robin and Sanji will appear next week. As you would expect the two best story's to be told at last. Sanji's and Robin's have now ties with the rev.army. Looking forward to.
Yes, the final battle for the title of the best swordsman will probably be against Shiryuu

RichardMNixon
July 13, 2010, 01:10 PM

I didn't get that impression, just that Zoro was some pest in Mihawk's house. Mihawk hasn't lifted a finger in Zoro's direction, has he?

BlackHair
July 13, 2010, 01:24 PM
I didn't get that impression, just that Zoro was some pest in Mihawk's house. Mihawk hasn't lifted a finger in Zoro's direction, has he?Well Mihawk was kinda explaining and giving advices, according to the spoiler. I rly hope Im wrong here.

Yes, the final battle for the title of the best swordsman will probably be against Shiryuu
I rly hope not. Im still predicting:

SH pirates vs BB pirates
Raftet -> finding One Piece
Battle against WG: Zoro vs Mihawk

Youbba
July 13, 2010, 01:30 PM
I rly hope not. Im still predicting:

SH pirates vs BB pirates
Raftet -> finding One Piece
Battle against WG: Zoro vs Mihawk
In the final war predicted by WB, I see Mihawk in Luffy's side, he'll certainly have a duel against Zoro before, but I don't think that it'll be Zoro's last battle.

jguardiana
July 13, 2010, 01:31 PM
i think the power brook developed was the composing ability to boost ability of a person like the one he did with the citizen

diZmacX
July 13, 2010, 01:43 PM
I highly agree with Blackhair and Youbba. Being the strongest swordsman in the OP world through defeating Mihawk.

llamapie
July 13, 2010, 01:43 PM
i think the power brook developed was the composing ability to boost ability of a person like the one he did with the citizen

The SH's have a bard. Its a veritable RPG now :x.

sugarwaterpurple
July 13, 2010, 01:48 PM
Quick guess, but I think Hercules should join the group, on the otherhand though Perona shouldn't cuz I hate her laugh haha.

ScratchmenApoo
July 13, 2010, 01:53 PM
Hold on there guys...

Aren't you forgetting that it was US (the readers) that made this theory of every Strawhat crew member getting an upgrade out of this separation ?

I haven't seen any information whatsoever that indicate Oda promoting this theory. Maybe you are all wrong and no-one gets stronger ? Maybe only a few of the Strawhats will get stronger ? Let Oda decide this. Why are you so mad that some of the Strawhats might not have gotten any useful experience at all ? What if it was supposed to be like that all along, which it probably was, knowing the author.

Remember what Kuma said ? He just helped the Strawhats.
Now what is the chance of him knowing EXACTLY everyone's personalities and their gimmicks so he can send them SPECIFICALLY to a CERTAIN location where they will DEFINITELY get upgrades? Face the reality, it's very very low.

It's all just a coincidence on Kuma's behalf. He couldn't have known it.
Oda probably thought it would be boring to see the Strawhats somewhere other than where they are/were.

I know this might sound harsh, but sometimes it's for the best that our theories don't come true.

Besides that small rant, I think the chapter will be great... We get to see Mihawk again (and in a casual outfit)... Which means Zoro's not that far away if Mihawk could travel that fast...
There might've been a timeskip of a few weeks, but at least we know it won't take him months. (Unless he goes out on his own *hint, Zoro's navigation skills*)

Perona doesn't seem to be too intimidated by a Shichibukai either... And Zoro just is eager to try and defeat Mihawk...

I don't have an opinion on Nami, Franky & Brook, their stories don't interest me that much...

ScorpionGR
July 13, 2010, 01:57 PM
about Shiryuu being the last opponent for zoro ... i said it since blackbeard arrived in marineford but then was too early for that ... and now after seeing mihawk and zoro being together im pretty sure about Shiryuu ... Still believe the last opponent of the Mugiwara they not gonna be World Government but The Blackbeard Pirates ... Anyway Mihawk had no idea about moria was killed after the war that's make no sense ... It gonna be very lame if Kuma talked to Mihawk about zoro is in Kuraigana Island or it was random i mean after Sabaody Archipelago because Mihawk was not surprised .... maybe mihawk will do something about the paw of pain

Youbba
July 13, 2010, 02:30 PM
Hold on there guys...

Aren't you forgetting that it was US (the readers) that made this theory of every Strawhat crew member getting an upgrade out of this separation ?

I haven't seen any information whatsoever that indicate Oda promoting this theory. Maybe you are all wrong and no-one gets stronger ? Maybe only a few of the Strawhats will get stronger ? Let Oda decide this. Why are you so mad that some of the Strawhats might not have gotten any useful experience at all ? What if it was supposed to be like that all along, which it probably was, knowing the author.

Remember what Kuma said ? He just helped the Strawhats.
Now what is the chance of him knowing EXACTLY everyone's personalities and their gimmicks so he can send them SPECIFICALLY to a CERTAIN location where they will DEFINITELY get upgrades? Face the reality, it's very very low.

It's all just a coincidence on Kuma's behalf. He couldn't have known it.
Oda probably thought it would be boring to see the Strawhats somewhere other than where they are/were.

I know this might sound harsh, but sometimes it's for the best that our theories don't come true.

Besides that small rant, I think the chapter will be great... We get to see Mihawk again (and in a casual outfit)... Which means Zoro's not that far away if Mihawk could travel that fast...
There might've been a timeskip of a few weeks, but at least we know it won't take him months. (Unless he goes out on his own *hint, Zoro's navigation skills*)

Perona doesn't seem to be too intimidated by a Shichibukai either... And Zoro just is eager to try and defeat Mihawk...

I don't have an opinion on Nami, Franky & Brook, their stories don't interest me that much...

I think it's the opposite, the chance for him NOT knowing about them are very low. he must have done research about all of them.
Let's start with the fact that he said he wanted to help them.
So he didn't send them fly randomly, he choose at least the destination to be an Island not the middle of the ocean, where they will surely die.
We can then assume that he can control the destination.
If he only wanted them to escape from Kizaru why did he send each one of them in a different place he could have easily send them in the same island, but he didn't.
When he first met them he was very impressed : http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/17/ (look at the end of the page)

I think He must have a plan and this plan include the SH so this why he helped them.

k-dom
July 13, 2010, 02:40 PM
Thank you Scratchmenapoo
From the 7 strawhat we have seen so far none has get power up while they are searching to leave their islands and still it is the only subject of discussion. The worse being chopper who will develop a power thanks to his ability to speak with men and animals !!

Brook did not develop a power, he knew how to write an inspiring song already

I don't see any sign of Mihawk training Zoro

damane08
July 13, 2010, 02:53 PM
I think it's the opposite, the chance for him NOT knowing about them are very low. he must have done research about all of them.
Let's start with the fact that he said he wanted to help them.
So he didn't send them fly randomly, he choose at least the destination to be an Island not the middle of the ocean, where they will surely die.
We can then assume that he can control the destination.
If he only wanted them to escape from Kizaru why did he send each one of them in a different place he could have easily send them in the same island, but he didn't.
When he first met them he was very impressed : http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/17/ (look at the end of the page)

I think He must have a plan and this plan include the SH so this why he helped them.

whether or not he can control the destination is debatable, at first i thought that he shot them all to a specific location but after reading last weeks chapter it became clear to me that that might not be the case. considering what Rayleigh says on this page (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/10) it seems he just shot Luffy in that direction and AL just happened to be in said direction.

ScorpionGR
July 13, 2010, 02:56 PM

i don't think all this are coincidence ... Don't forget he is a sichibukai which means marines know everythink about the strawhats and the most important each of them has a wanted poster .. random don't think so

zerocooldx
July 13, 2010, 03:11 PM
Interesting how Kuma knew exactly where to send all of the SH's. Seems as if the Revolutionaries have been keeping pretty close tabs on all of the SH's from day one. Otherwise i don't see how Kuma would possibly know to do all of these things for them.

Duzy
July 13, 2010, 03:26 PM
Zoro might need to get to the level Luffy was at the moment of Motobaro incident. Remember what Luffy said before the creature collapsed.

THM Nindo
July 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Kuma definitely had some plan.
He sent them where they could get stronger...

That's for sure, because otherwise he wouldn't have separated them...
And he knew that they will have to get stronger to leave the place where they were sent to get together again.

That's my guess anyway... :tem

exacta
July 13, 2010, 03:28 PM
Making the castle Zoro was sent to be Mihawks home was a BRILLIANT move.:blink

All of these stories about whats happening to the crew sound very promising.

Hopefully Oda won't end up having Moria be alive after all. I doubt it anyway. Seems like Mihawk doesn't know about the "higher-ups" Doflamingo was speaking of.

Poneglyph420
July 13, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'm greatly relieved to see the SH all finding out about the war, and not seemingly having "magical power ups". IMO the best part of OP is how we see the growth of the SH before our very eyes... Just imagine of the crew was in the same situation post Arabasta... What a mess that would of been. IMO whatever Ray San has as a suggestion will have to do with the improvement and capability of the crew... well I hope so at least..

I'm loving this week's chapter and how all the SH are willing to do whatever it takes to make it back to Luffy.

That's Nakama.

Roarchu
July 13, 2010, 03:47 PM
He can't know exactly everything about them. I don't think the revs have been doing research or anything, but Kuma's seen them fight and fought against them himself. And he's not an idiot, he must have a pretty good idea of their strength and the way they fight.

I think they're not going to just get power upgrades and leave, Oda's far above such level of writing. They might not get any upgrades but they'll meet people, learn stuff, make connections, idk, something that will fit damn nicely with future events and make us love One Piece more

Sending Zoro with Mihawk....must be a coincidence...yeah right!

Super Angillis
July 13, 2010, 03:55 PM
We assume that the Strawhats have gotten stronger because, well they have to. They are going into increasingly dangerous waters, with stronger opponents. What are they going to do next time the Navy sends an admiral and a bunch of Pacifista after them? They all have to get stronger, or else they are dead. And I suspect in some way shape or form they all have, even if it's not immediatly clear how. We may find out in an arc or two that Chopper has improved his Rumble ball to have a two hour time limit, and controlable monster point, for example.

Ratatosk
July 13, 2010, 04:02 PM
hehehe totally didn't see that coming, even though Mihawk fits so well in in a gloomy-ass place like that.. He seems to have lost any respect he had for Zoro though, judging from these translations.
I'm totally loving how the more unpredictable stuff happens in One Piece, the more people come up with manga-cliche theories for what's going to happen.

The Strawhats have been continuously getting stronger the whole time without Oda even needing to point it out, remember when Zoro suddenly pulled that grow-loads-of-arms-and-scare-the-crap-out-of-people attack out of his ass, and Nami started running round on the roofs of buildings like a ninja.. and they've been through a lot of 'interesting' experiences since then. They'll do it on their own as always.
There's no way Zoro is going to accept help from the dude he went to sea in the first place to defeat anyway. It's about as unlikely as Luffy asking Rayleigh or Buggy to draw him a map to Raftel.
Really want to know what happened in Robin's 'update' though, might see what Dragon is doing to take advantage of the chaos.

k-dom
July 13, 2010, 04:08 PM
Actually this was predicted by a lot of people

mlinko
July 13, 2010, 04:59 PM
So he still think that zoro is way below him, I didn't think that Oda would overpower mihawk so much

Rotten The Wizard
July 13, 2010, 05:19 PM
I dont like this, the Zoro part atleast. Zoro as Luffy's first mate NEEDS to get stronger seeing as luffy is about to get a huge powerup.

Wouldnt it suck if Zoro learned from Mihawk? that would kill that part of the plot

neomaster121
July 13, 2010, 05:22 PM
hehehe totally didn't see that coming, even though Mihawk fits so well in in a gloomy-ass place like that.. He seems to have lost any respect he had for Zoro though, judging from these translations.
I'm totally loving how the more unpredictable stuff happens in One Piece, the more people come up with manga-cliche theories for what's going to happen.

The Strawhats have been continuously getting stronger the whole time without Oda even needing to point it out, remember when Zoro suddenly pulled that grow-loads-of-arms-and-scare-the-crap-out-of-people attack out of his ass, and Nami started running round on the roofs of buildings like a ninja.. and they've been through a lot of 'interesting' experiences since then. They'll do it on their own as always.
There's no way Zoro is going to accept help from the dude he went to sea in the first place to defeat anyway. It's about as unlikely as Luffy asking Rayleigh or Buggy to draw him a map to Raftel.
Really want to know what happened in Robin's 'update' though, might see what Dragon is doing to take advantage of the chaos.

this was unpredicatable but i would like to add one thing
if Zoro learns anything i believe it will be in a simular fashion to how luffy learnt soru

i think his island quite simular to ussops as in to get out he's gonna have to be stronger than the whats keeping them in

I find it interesting what mihawk said about the monkeys learning from what they see, so maybe they start coping all the technique Zoro uses on them ending up a bit like Zoro vs 7 of himself sort of training having to develop moves which just can't physically be copied maybe leading to breath/ashura/haki learning from Zoro who still seems to be highly injured dispite the weeks he's been there
[hr]

I dont like this, the Zoro part atleast. Zoro as Luffy's first mate NEEDS to get stronger seeing as luffy is about to get a huge powerup.

Wouldnt it suck if Zoro learned from Mihawk? that would kill that part of the plot

well anotheer thing

luffy could be learning from Silver
tho i don't personally think mihawk will train Zoro it would only balance things out if you think about it

JetPistol
July 13, 2010, 05:26 PM

No need to assume such a thing when it's more obvious those super baboons will be the ones doing the training for zoro, which is all the guy is suggesting.

Bonfire01
July 13, 2010, 05:58 PM
I wonder what Perona will do now she's been told Moria is dead. I wasn't really buying into the idea she might become a SH before, but now Oda has killed off her "captain" it might be she tags along with Zoro because she can't think of anything else to do....

Of course she might just stay at the castle in a graveyard since it seems to suit her personality.

BlackHair
July 13, 2010, 06:00 PM
So he still think that zoro is way below him, I didn't think that Oda would overpower mihawk so muchSince you are talking aboput "overpower", I always felt like WB was way too overpowered. Even though that guy had all those disadvantage, he still hold his own against the Admirals. Now just imagine what kind of Monster he must have been in his prime. Furthermore his eqal Roger (PK) and Garp were probably also monster on their own. Now Luffy, as the main protagonist has to surpass those three giants in their prime form. I just can't imagine what kind of Monster Luffy need to be. Therefore, as his first-mate, Zoro also needs to become a freaking Monster. So making Mihawk overpowered serves just justice for Zoro. After all Luffy needs to surpass prime-WB. .. But that is completely off-topic xD

No need to assume such a thing when it's more obvious those super baboons will be the ones doing the training for zoro, which is all the guy is suggesting.I agree with Rotten. To me it seems like Mihawk gave some advices to Zoro. Though those barbons do the physical training, in reality those are just like dummy puppets, to serve for the training. The one who gives the instruction (master) seems to me in this case Mihawk.

bittman
July 13, 2010, 06:21 PM
You should also note that Zoro is being particularly stubborn and trying to ignore Mihawk's advice. We're talking about Zoro's pride here, he wouldn't accept training from the man he's trying to beat either.

It also appears Mihawk isn't particularly interested in really "training" Zoro as much as helping him. After all, those interested in the next generation don't want to see it die off before it reaches it's full potential.

And I don't think Mihawk has made any "overpowering" of Mihawk here. So the Super Baboons, probably "equal" to Zoro, know not to challenge Mihawk? How does that overpower Mihawk? If anything, it just reinforces the fact that Zoro still is not close to Mihawk's level, which should be common sense at this stage of One Piece.

I mean, if Zoro was close, then he should fight Mihawk next Wednesday after morning tea and then spend the next 400-500 chapters of One Piece being boring and goal-less.

Bugzee
July 13, 2010, 06:23 PM
I wonder what Perona will do now she's been told Moria is dead. I wasn't really buying into the idea she might become a SH before, but now Oda has killed off her "captain" it might be she tags along with Zoro because she can't think of anything else to do....

Of course she might just stay at the castle in a graveyard since it seems to suit her personality.

That's what I've been thinking and wondering about lol. What the hell is she going to do with her life by staying on Kuraigana Island? I can't see her staying with Mihawk tbh.

As for Perona becoming a SH...mmmmm. Not too sure about that one.

Chopper should be the first to arrive back on SA, right?

rickfox
July 13, 2010, 07:33 PM
Hopefully Oda won't end up having Moria be alive after all. I doubt it anyway. Seems like Mihawk doesn't know about the "higher-ups" Doflamingo was speaking of.

Mihawk doubts the information from newspaper just becuase Moria was still alive when the battle finished(about same time, Mihawk left field)

we all know that Moria was killed after the battle,so from this point,he is dead.
[hr]

That's what I've been thinking and wondering about lol. What the hell is she going to do with her life by staying on Kuraigana Island? I can't see her staying with Mihawk tbh.

As for Perona becoming a SH...mmmmm. Not too sure about that one.

Chopper should be the first to arrive back on SA, right?

considering the possibility that Perona stick with Mihawk--

Mihawk is "one man band", he travels/moves alone.

plus can he provide everything that Perona want? ---I really doubt it

BlackHair
July 13, 2010, 07:39 PM
And I don't think Mihawk has made any "overpowering" of Mihawk here. Have to agree there. I wish for Zoro to stay always close to Luffy, in matter of strength. But with the whole WB matter, I think eventually the gap will increase. Just like Goku and Piccolo, which I disliked. There is also Sanji, rly hard to put him in. Let's hope the monstrer trio will stay close in combat power.

About Moria, I think he is still alive. A offpanel death.. I don't suck it.

hy4k
July 13, 2010, 07:45 PM
How ofter will you post the same question again?

twice should be anough

Through you already got your info.

no i haven't. "learning to interact with animals more efficiently" is not a powerup, and I was expecting franky to gain something more significant than "inspiration" from the laboratory of a technological genius

Robin is an Assassin her strength is the spying and information gathering.
This is the reason Robin seems to be "weak" (through I don't see where she has been "nerved"). Her Powerup will most likely be the cooperation with the RA-Spynetwork.

Robin was second in command of baroque works and a credible threat to the marines, monarchy of arabasta and the strawhats. She demonstrated far more in the way of fightging capability and guile while she was at baroque works

she has been nerfed

SirenVixen
July 13, 2010, 07:45 PM
Epic chapter is epic (judging by the spoilers). It seems things are moving at a faster pace with the Straw Hats but not so fast that we have no clue what's going on with each of them. I am very hyped for this chapter. :D

rickfox
July 13, 2010, 07:54 PM
About Moria, I think he is still alive. A offpanel death.. I don't suck it.

is it possible that Doflamingo spare Moria's life?and team up with him?

and report back to government that Moria is "dead"?

what about those Pacifista ? they won't say anything if Doflamingo did lie? Are they controll by government or Doflamingo

strawhatsx
July 13, 2010, 08:03 PM
YES im likin it so far, it also looks like Oda iis speeding up, 6 members in one chapter... weve seen ussop, chopper, zoro, nami, franky and brook, next chapter robin and sanji :D, and maybe back to luffy for the rest of the chapt.

THM Nindo
July 13, 2010, 08:03 PM
Actually this was predicted by a lot of people

People predicted that the island Zoro was on was the place where Mihawk lived!? :blink

BlackHair
July 13, 2010, 08:04 PM

what about those Pacifista ? they won't say anything if Doflamingo did lie? Are they controll by government or DoflamingoActually I have a similar thought. I don't think for a second that Flamingo os loyal to the WG. He is just using them as any other Shichi. Maybe Flamingo faked Moria's death and forced him to join him for whatever reason. The moment Flamingo attacked Moria, the Pacifista were under his control. I don't think they reported anything to the higher ups.

Those Pacisfista are made by Vegapunk. He is still a unknown character, god knows if he is eveil or good. 'Evil' as on the WG's/Flamingo's side and 'good' as on Dragon's side.

Well my point actually is, after seeing WB and Ace dying on screen, I won't simply believe a off-screen death.

terrorei
July 13, 2010, 08:11 PM
Robin was second in command of baroque works and a credible threat to the marines, monarchy of arabasta and the strawhats. She demonstrated far more in the way of fightging capability and guile while she was at baroque works

she has been nerfed

As far as I remember she only was second in command, because she was the one who could read the Ancient language to find Pluto and her Skills in spying. There were no great fights, to base your argument on.
Simply because she hadn't to fight in her field of expertise doesn't mean she is weaker than before.
We also couldn't see many Franky fights. That he couldn't KO Oz on TB or Kuma is not a wonder and more than that wasn't shown.

Bugzee
July 13, 2010, 08:15 PM
considering the possibility that Perona stick with Mihawk--

Mihawk is "one man band", he travels/moves alone.

plus can he provide everything that Perona want? ---I really doubt it

That's why I said:

I can't see her staying with Mihawk tbh.

what about those Pacifista ? they won't say anything if Doflamingo did lie? Are they controll by government or Doflamingo

Is Moria dead? I hope so. Off panel deaths kinda suck, especially this one because it was straight after the Marineford war had ended. I really can't see Doflamingo "using" Gecko in anyway. GM failed miserably as a warlord during this war imo. He didn't show what he "may have been" capable of and he failed in defeating the SH's on TB..do you really think Doflamingo would accept him? Sure, Luffy defeated Croco but that's different imo.

I honestly do not want to see Gecko making an appearance again lol. :p

People predicted that the island Zoro was on was the place where Mihawk lived!? :blink

I remember a lot of OP folks believed that it was Mihawk's "home island/town" if you like and he was part of some kind of "royal family". I didn't expect him currently still living on Kuraigana Island though. \o/

rickfox
July 13, 2010, 08:21 PM
That's why I said:

Is Moria dead? I hope so. Off panel deaths kinda suck, especially this one because it was straight after the Marineford war had ended. I really can't see Doflamingo "using" Gecko in anyway. GM failed miserably as a warlord during this war imo. He didn't show what he "may have been" capable of and he failed in defeating the SH's on TB..do you really think Doflamingo would accept him? Sure, Luffy defeated Croco but that's different imo.

I honestly do not want to see Gecko making an appearance again lol. :p

I remember a lot of OP folks believed that it was Mihawk's "home island/town" if you like and he was part of some kind of "royal family". I didn't expect him currently still living on Kuraigana Island though. \o/

sure, Moria's death is welcome.

DARK
July 13, 2010, 08:22 PM

I agree. I don't know why Mihawk insists on helping Zoro out. If he wants to build Zoro up so that he can be a worthy replacement for Shanks, that is understandable.
Zoro shouldn't accept any help from the man he aspires to defeat. To have the world's greatest swordsman show you the ropes, that is the greatest insult to any swordsman.

GomuGomuNo
July 13, 2010, 09:10 PM
For all of you, who lost the hope...

Oda did never show (except of zoro), that someone of the crew trained or something like this. suddenly luffy could do gear 1 & 2...

diZmacX
July 13, 2010, 09:45 PM
For all of you, who lost the hope...

Oda did never show (except of zoro), that someone of the crew trained or something like this. suddenly luffy could do gear 1 & 2...

Though it's a bit off, it's plausible. We might just get shocked of things we don't expect for, that's oda's way of doing things... :D

Ramstain
July 13, 2010, 10:05 PM
regarding arrival to SA.
Brooke may in fact be there early (compared to Zoro and Usopp).

He has been kidnapped, and is going to be sold on the market.
SA is the home of the slave trading business.

Coincidence?

rickfox
July 13, 2010, 10:39 PM
btw,how can Perona able to fly within her mortal fresh form?as far as I know,only her Astral Projection has such ability

SirenVixen
July 13, 2010, 11:11 PM
Didn't Mihawk himself tell Zoro to get stronger so that he can surpass him? Is Mihawk giving Zoro a bit of knowledge of his opponents (the baboons or w/e) really that surprising and enough for some of you to rage? :darn

DeBaron8
July 13, 2010, 11:11 PM
regarding arrival to SA.

Coincidence?

Yeah, that could actually make a lot of sense, seeing that Brook said his music could cheer Luffy up and we all know hiw much Luffy wanted a musician from the start.

This would also work with my intuition that the crew could return in the reverse order to which they originally joined. I think it could be a possibility cosidering Zoro is always lost and now has many difficult foes to face in the baboons, and will likely spend some time with Mihawk. Then Nami is on weatheria, which is in the sky, which will surely mean it will take a while for her return, and then Usopp, also needs to learn to fight, something else that may take some time. Plus, from the spoilers, and reading others' comments, if Franky gets a higer bounty or is in trouble, he may want to get away from where he is and get back to SA and Luffy faster.

Though I wonder if everyone will come back to Luffy at SA on their own, or if Luffy will go to them somehow? Everything would suggest they need to find there way back to SA, which makes any return order possibile, because it depends on their circumstances and location.

Anyway, this was just a hunch of mine, more than any viable theory, but it could work out nicely. I'm just so glad to see the crew again, especially Zoro, he is the best!!! :tem

diZmacX
July 13, 2010, 11:12 PM
regarding arrival to SA.

Coincidence?

Yeah, just like I said a few pages ago. It's a very big possibility that he will arrive sooner than some of the mugiwaras.

btw,how can Perona able to fly within her mortal fresh form?as far as I know,only her Astral Projection has such ability

Well exactly, that means she isn't in her physical form.

rickfox
July 13, 2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, just like I said a few pages ago. It's a very big possibility that he will arrive sooner than some of the mugiwaras.

Well exactly, that means she isn't in her physical form.

it does'nt make sense,why she hide her mortal fresh in some place which its owner is not friendly with her?

actually ,the question raised since chapter 524,back to that time, she reached zorro's crash site by flying,how can she carry him back to castle since the Astral Projection is some sort of spiritual shadow---go through solid objects(which include human body)

Tinori
July 13, 2010, 11:55 PM
I don't think Kuma can control his powers. You guys need to remember, the first time we see him using that power he asked Perona where she wanted to go most.

Part of his power is decided by "fate". it depends on the person in the receiving end of his teleport power. A destination that is close to their heart, something they have experience themselves in the past.

Nami have always like predicting weather.
Robin's whole island was destroyed by the marines. She never have any real freedom in her life before she meet luffy.
Sanji in a wierd way have to deal with his over the top sick love for all women...
Luffy have no interest in woman, he lands on an island all women only..
Chopper have trouble in the past with humans no trusting him. The island he lands on have similar problems, animals and humans not trusting each other.
Franky have always gone crazy with his inventions of ships. He always explore new ways to make his ship design unique. Vegapunk is similar, his invention is unconventional and wierd.
As for brook, i think oda just wanted to play with his appearance "skeleton". We also get to see how brook can help the crew in his own way with his music.

Kuma im pretty sure have not been to all his island especially Kuja isle of women. His power is quite special, his main aim that day was to get the SH crew away from the marines. It seems he does know where he sends them, but I don't think he can control the destination.

Not everyone in SH needs to get stronger. Luffy, sanji and zoro have fighting talent. They will get stronger by themselves. But i do feel Luffy will now learn about haki and sanji will learn something from his island. We dont need to worry about zoro, he will find his own way.

diZmacX
July 14, 2010, 12:31 AM
it does'nt make sense,why she hide her mortal fresh in some place which its owner is not friendly with her?

actually ,the question raised since chapter 524,back to that time, she reached zorro's crash site by flying,how can she carry him back to castle since the Astral Projection is some sort of spiritual shadow---go through solid objects(which include human body)

Maybe, maybe not. But according to the fact that we know it surely isn't her physical body there. And regarding the event of zoro, She can also go back to her body and go get zoro right.?. After all we don't know everything that happened back there.

I don't think Kuma can control his powers. You guys need to remember, the first time we see him using that power he asked Perona where she wanted to go most.

Part of his power is decided by "fate". it depends on the person in the receiving end of his teleport power. A destination that is close to their heart, something they have experience themselves in the past.

I partly agree on your deduction, if we refer to what Rayleigh said "The man who shot him in this direction in the first place was the one who told me after all. And on that line happened to be the isle of women."

The thing that I don't really agree is Kuma being unable to control the direction. If for example he shot luffy on other direction its impossible for luffy to be on the isle of women. So for my point of veiw, he can actually control his ability by it's direction and probably the force to estimate the place to land, just like throwing something.

rickfox
July 14, 2010, 12:42 AM
Maybe, maybe not. But according to the fact that we know it surely isn't her physical body there. And regarding the event of zoro, She can also go back to her body and go get zoro right.?. After all we don't know everything that happened back there.

I partly agree on your deduction, if we refer to what Rayleigh said "The man who shot him in this direction in the first place was the one who told me after all. And on that line happened to be the isle of women."

The thing that I don't really agree is Kuma being unable to control the direction. If for example he shot luffy on other direction its impossible for luffy to be on the isle of women. So for my point of veiw, he can actually control his ability by it's direction and probably the force to estimate the place to land, just like throwing something.

Did you notice ever since chapter 524, when she floating in the midair,the red umbrella is still in her hands(I am sure umbrella is a solid object)

diZmacX
July 14, 2010, 12:48 AM
Did you notice ever since chapter 524, when she floating in the midair,the red umbrella is still in her hands(I am sure umbrella is a solid object)

If i remember it correctly she was also holding that umbrella when she faced ussop, so maybe it's somewhat part of her. Just like crocodile, smoker, ace, etc. when they transform to their respective DFs and then back to their physical form they always bring their stuff with them.

rickfox
July 14, 2010, 12:55 AM
If i remember it correctly she was also holding that umbrella when she faced ussop, so maybe it's somewhat part of her. Just like crocodile, smoker, ace, etc. when they transform to their respective DFs and then back to their physical form they always bring their stuff with them.

no, check chapter 465&466,durning the second battle between her and Usopp, once she transfer into Astral Projection form she wasn't hold any thing.

diZmacX
July 14, 2010, 01:02 AM
no, check chapter 465&466,durning the second battle between her and Usopp, once she transfer into Astral Projection form she wasn't hold any thing.

Hmm, my bad...:D But the thing is, she's still transforming from physical to ghost and vice versa with here things. So maybe that umbrella was not present at the fight because it's a fight after all.

k-dom
July 14, 2010, 01:42 AM

Yes there was. They suggest that the Nightmare before Christmas like landscape of the island matches the gothic pattern of Mihawk. I'm not exactly sure where I read that probably in the mega convo or in the 'why di kuma send them' thread

Found one here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1201211&highlight=Mihawk#post1201211)
@rickfox
We have not seen her carrying Zoro so there is no mistake here. Concerning the umbrella that's not entirely false also it is similar to her clothings

rickfox
July 14, 2010, 01:50 AM
Yes there was. They suggest that the Nightmare before Christmas like landscape of the island matches the gothic pattern of Mihawk. I'm not exactly sure where I read that probably in the mega convo or in the 'why di kuma send them' thread

@rickfox
We have not seen her carrying Zoro so there is no mistake here. Concerning the umbrella that's not entirely false also it is similar to her clothings

well,may be some people havn't notice that even within Astral Projection form,she still has a way to carry Zorro back to castle---the "special" ghost --the one that Usopp encountered in the second battle against Perona

elitefox
July 14, 2010, 02:43 AM

I agree. To my understanding, it maybe somewhat a habbit like brook
"Can I see your panties?"

Kuma even ask Moria lol when they first met on the island.

Schabrak
July 14, 2010, 05:32 AM
How can people still question Kumas ability to send people exactly where he wants them to be? He must have been on MANY islands as a pirate and revolutionary and knows where those isles lay, how esle would it be possible for those to land on them and not in the water damn it!? It's definitly not a "fly 3 days- land on a random wish island" devil fruit ability.

EDIT: Thanks for the link Buggy*Fly: I knew that his ability was described like that somewhere, but didn't remember where.^^ People should read all of the manga, before posting such theories. :P

Bugzee
July 14, 2010, 05:54 AM
To add onto what Schabrak said, it's clear that Kuma DOES know because even Sentoumaru clarified the issue back on SA (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v53/c513/3.html) (bottom panel) about the paw paw fruit's ability, etc.

regarding arrival to SA.

Coincidence?

That would actually be a pretty amusing way to return to SA imo. :amuse *My focus being on Brooke not the slave trading business.*

I'm guessing we'll see Sanji and Robin next chapter and then hopefully go back to AL and learn what Rayleigh's intentions are for Luffy? Anyway, I can't wait to read this week's chapter! :)

beastboy
July 14, 2010, 06:48 AM
I think that after this round of Straw Hats is over we will get back to Luffy, and then to Chopper.

hy4k
July 14, 2010, 08:24 AM
As far as I remember she only was second in command, because she was the one who could read the Ancient language to find Pluto and her Skills in spying. There were no great fights, to base your argument on.
Simply because she hadn't to fight in her field of expertise doesn't mean she is weaker than before.
We also couldn't see many Franky fights. That he couldn't KO Oz on TB or Kuma is not a wonder and more than that wasn't shown.

her linguistic skills were the main reason crocodile teamed up with her, sure. she still took out a ton of marines (including tashigi). stopped the arabastan army in their tracks and defeated pell. she also played the strawhat pirates and crocodile like violins

she was far more effective with baroque works

gold349
July 14, 2010, 08:34 AM
chapter title...

quote uchiha-itachi "Chapter title is most likely "Yell".
English word "yell" have a slightly different meaning in Japanese, it's used for cheers".

clue for the title...front page Akainu pruning 'bonsai tree'...'cheers' is what I would go with rather than 'yell'...bonsai being the clue.

rickfox
July 14, 2010, 08:36 AM
her linguistic skills were the main reason crocodile teamed up with her, sure. she still took out a ton of marines (including tashigi). stopped the arabastan army in their tracks and defeated pell. she also played the strawhat pirates and crocodile like violins

she was far more effective with baroque works

yeah, play violins ---get a hole as plastic surgery for boobs,she plays it very well indeed.

diZmacX
July 14, 2010, 09:05 AM
chapter title...

quote uchiha-itachi "Chapter title is most likely "Yell".
English word "yell" have a slightly different meaning in Japanese, it's used for cheers".

clue for the title...front page Akainu pruning 'bonsai tree'...'cheers' is what I would go with rather than 'yell'...bonsai being the clue.

I totally disagree.:nono Yell is a synonym of call out, scream, shout, cry and etc. and that's just a perfect description of how the mugiwaras feel, and the whole chapter is not about akainu or the marines or any other craps. Cheers? For what, for the failure of their captain? lolz...:toc

deffkryz
July 14, 2010, 09:21 AM
^ Never heard of the term "Cheer up!"?

But that "eeru" title is surely a tough nut to crack.

ail - doesn't quite fit well, since the chapter is apperently not about Luffy at all.
ale - doesn't fit at all, since no ones boozing.
yell - the most fitting: Perona cries for Moria and yells at Mihawk, Zoro growls at Mihawk... Nami is half-faking her crying, the Weatheria scientists are yelling... etc.

diZmacX
July 14, 2010, 09:24 AM
^ Never heard of the term "Cheer up!"?

Well, if it's like that then no arguments... :thumbs

gold349
July 14, 2010, 11:54 AM
I totally disagree.:nono Yell is a synonym of call out, scream, shout, cry and etc. and that's just a perfect description of how the mugiwaras feel, and the whole chapter is not about akainu or the marines or any other craps. Cheers? For what, for the failure of their captain? lolz...:toc

agreed it is difficult to translate, 'ail' 'yell' was two options for the spoiler providers...my opinion seeing, basing it from what I see on the front page did I think 'cheer(s)'...true 'ail' could say ill health and his crew is worried about luffies...'cheer(s)' could mean they wish to go to luffy to do exactly that be with him at his time of need and 'cheer' him up anyway we will know when chapter comes out.

diZmacX
July 14, 2010, 12:05 PM
agreed it is difficult to translate, 'ail' 'yell' was two options for the spoiler providers...my opinion seeing, basing it from what I see on the front page did I think 'cheer(s)'...true 'ail' could say ill health and his crew is worried about luffies...'cheer(s)' could mean they wish to go to luffy to do exactly that be with him at his time of need and 'cheer' him up anyway we will know when chapter comes out.

Cheer might also be the title bcoz it means encouragement. But I could really agree less about cheers coz it's usually used as expressing good wish. Exactly, since it'll be online later today... :hi5

Poneglyph420
July 14, 2010, 12:14 PM
Cheer might also be the title bcoz it means encouragement. But I could really agree less about cheers coz it's usually used as expressing good wish. Exactly, since it'll be online later today... :hi5

Well after looking at this: http://forum.mangastream.com/showthread.php?t=4868

I'm not so sure if Manga Stream will have ANY of the Jump "feature" Manga online today.. Seems like we just might be back to the pre-MS days when chapters were usually released on Thurs. or Fri.

As far as the title.. I'd guess it's yell, but IMO cheer might fit just as well..
Guess it's really up to the context and the translator.

diZmacX
July 14, 2010, 12:37 PM
Well after looking at this: http://forum.mangastream.com/showthread.php?t=4868

I'm not so sure if Manga Stream will have ANY of the Jump "feature" Manga online today.. Seems like we just might be back to the pre-MS days when chapters were usually released on Thurs. or Fri.

As far as the title.. I'd guess it's yell, but IMO cheer might fit just as well..
Guess it's really up to the context and the translator.

Guess back to the normal days, huh... hehehe, I hope that they'll be back to their normal days next week. but, we still have the onemanga for today.. :shakefist

k-dom
July 14, 2010, 02:54 PM
Well since we had the spoilers earlier that's not a big trouble
Beside the title I'm wondering how many more duo covers we will get. There is still plenty of characters left from the past few arcs. I'm waiting for a Mr 2 Mr 3
and I wonder who will be with Hancock, her sisters or Nyon

Dranac
July 14, 2010, 03:42 PM
Imo, the 'plan' of Ray san is just the continuation of Kuma's plan (&revolutionaries?) when he sent all the SH to the various islands (yes I believe Kuma controls the destination and chose all destinations on purpose).
We know Kuma contacted Ray-san in order to hand his plan over to him, prior to undergoing his final 'transformation'...
Based on this thinking, I assume Ray knows where all SH are (meaning where they landed). He might or might not tell Luffy, but what he will propose to Luffy will be consistent with the locations of the various SH and what behaviour is expected from them (§according to Kuma's plans).

PS: First post ever. Don't rape me too hard if you dislike what I said xD

k-dom
July 14, 2010, 04:25 PM
That could be, there is stiill a lot of mysteries about Kuma actions. I wonder if we will have some answers in next chapter after Robin and Sanji part or if it will be a continuation of the different strawhats tentative to come back

Mische
July 14, 2010, 04:59 PM
Kuma had intentions when he sent the Sh´s flying and yes it was part of a plan. i doubt he was thinking about their future though... He send them all to places where they would be trapped at least for some time. it worked well with some (Lysopp, Zorro) and less with others (Nami, Chopper) but he got what he wanted to let them survive and to prevent them from getting pulled into the fight between the marines and WB. His plan completely failed when it comes to Luffy but Kuma could have never seen that coming...

Its quite the coincidense that it was Chopper and Nami that got out of there quick... A medical (Luffy is injured) and his navigator (someone needs to get him out of there who won´t sink the ship in the first storm to come)
Both would also be allowed on the island without any problem.
the vivre card points to the person not to the part he gave to shakky (correct me if i am wrong) so they should be on their way to the isle of woman by now... Both also have a way of travelling that would allow them to cross the calm belt (i know a balloon needs wind but she was on weatheria now she will manage to deal with that).
My guess is that they will meet at the isle of woman. gathering up the other Sh´s on their way to Shabondy and/or when they arrive there...

The Amazons would all love chopper and would most definately like nami to share some experiance when it comes to man (after that noone of them will ever want to see a man again :). Hancock might hate her or might want to get all information on Luffy that she can get (could be any way...)

Looking forward to the point they are all back together and set to go on... Feels like a endless filler (a good one but still...) will finally come to an end then!

Ratatosk
July 14, 2010, 06:20 PM
I think he was just trying to stop them all getting killed trying to rescue Ace. He specifically confirmed with Nami that Ace was Luffy's brother, and this was right after Ace was captured by Blackbeard, so must have known or guessed the Marines' plans by then, and it was obvious to anyone who knew they were 'brothers' and had heard any of his previous actions that Luffy and the crew would try and rescue Ace as soon as he heard of the execution. Either Dragon told Kuma that his son and Gold Roger's son were foster-brothers, (unlikely considering Iva didn't even know he had a son) or (more likely, and funnier) Blackbeard told him after he defeated Ace, and sparked off the process that got Kuma into serious trouble. I don't even want to think about the years of deviousness it must have taken to get a Revolutionary into the Shichibukai, so hope he at least fulfilled his mission, whatever it was.

He sent Luffy to an island ruled by a Shichibukai who was determined to stay out of the war with Whitebeard, and everyone else to places where they would find it difficult to leave/be kept busy until the war was over.
I don't know how this relates to what happened on Thriller bark though. It's possible that Luffy massively screwed up plans Dragon had been working on for years with Iva and Kuma just by existing and releasing Iva from Impel Down.

But I'm sure as usual Rayleigh knows exactly what's going on... just hope he stops being devious and lets the rest of us in on some of it. The look Trafalgar Law was giving him before he left in a hurry says it all. From the start Rayleigh has always been a bit too awesome to live, in the same way as Ace was when he first showed up. Even if all it means is he thinks Luffy's the best hope in the next generation, the same as Whitebeard did, he and Shakky are still being suspiciously helpful compared to last time, when she was all like 'they've got hardly any chance of escaping' and he was busy being a cryptic Jedi type. The Strawhats being manipulated into fulfilling the previous generation's dreams instead of their own would be a bit sad, so if Luffy is himself enough he might just refuse any help offered in the same way as he did when Zeff offered him the log book with information on the Grand Line.

terrorei
July 14, 2010, 06:58 PM
@Ratatosk: Nice though there, why Kuma separated them.

@Mische: I'm pretty sure it's the VivreCard part the SH will follow. You are most likely refering to this here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/6)
1. If you look for the context you'll realize that it follows the VivreCard.
- Luffy tells he just wanted to go to SA following the VC.
- Rayleigh answers that he left his VC with Shaky.
Means if Luffy would have followed the VC to SA he wouldn't have meet Rayleigh, but only Shakky since she has his VivreCard.
2. Some pointed out, that it makes no sense that the SHs will meet at AL since its inside of the Calmbelt and they would have no chance to get there with a normal ship. That for Rayleigh would lead them to sure death, if they followed him and not the VC on SA.

VC = VivreCard
SA = Sabaody Archipelago
AL = Amazon Lily

Mische
July 14, 2010, 07:25 PM
yeah i looked it up. i remembered it wrong! here it is explained (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/17/)

Well too bad would have been nice for chopper on that island...

elitefox
July 14, 2010, 07:46 PM
@Ratatosk: Nice though there, why Kuma separated them.

@Mische: I'm pretty sure it's the VivreCard part the SH will follow. You are most likely refering to this here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/6)
1. If you look for the context you'll realize that it follows the VivreCard.
- Luffy tells he just wanted to go to SA following the VC.
- Rayleigh answers that he left his VC with Shaky.
Means if Luffy would have followed the VC to SA he wouldn't have meet Rayleigh, but only Shakky since she has his VivreCard.
2. Some pointed out, that it makes no sense that the SHs will meet at AL since its inside of the Calmbelt and they would have no chance to get there with a normal ship. That for Rayleigh would lead them to sure death, if they followed him and not the VC on SA.

hmm, if that is the case then how do the vivre know what the SH wanted to go to?.

For rayleigh leaving a vivre to Shakky. I think they are passionate about each other and shakky will not let rayleigh go beyond shabondy if shakky won't know whether where he is or is he alright. That's what I believe and understand about he conversation.

Who said that the SH will meet at AL lol. chopper or nami, maybe since chopper on a bird, and nami is on a flying cloud. the rest would be on another. it is safer to meet up on different islands than on one island :D

diZmacX
July 14, 2010, 09:15 PM
This argument about the vivre card has been going for ages.... All I can say is - it's direction is towards the other vivre card because this FACT was already been stated at TB. This "following it's owner" was just speculations from some guys out there.

@elitefox: It's ridiculous to think that Shakky is sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worried of Rayleigh where in she wasn't even worried when Rayleigh was roaming around SA and didn't even gave his presence to her for MONTHS...

Tinori
July 14, 2010, 09:20 PM
hmm, if that is the case then how do the vivre know what the SH wanted to go to?.

For rayleigh leaving a vivre to Shakky. I think they are passionate about each other and shakky will not let rayleigh go beyond shabondy if shakky won't know whether where he is or is he alright. That's what I believe and understand about he conversation.

Who said that the SH will meet at AL lol. chopper or nami, maybe since chopper on a bird, and nami is on a flying cloud. the rest would be on another. it is safer to meet up on different islands than on one island :D

umm...its very clear why Rayleigh left the vivre card with shakky. So the crew can get back to shabondy..

That is where their ship is..that is where they coat their ship. I doubt there is romance between shakky and rayleigh since she have said he can leave for years without seeing her. You guys thinking too much into this..

hasoon87
July 14, 2010, 11:50 PM
This argument about the vivre card has been going for ages.... All I can say is - it's direction is towards the other vivre card because this FACT was already been stated at TB. This "following it's owner" was just speculations from some guys out there.

Actually, it was stated by Nyon here: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/522/11/

Before that chapter it was set in stone by what lola said in TB, but after this statement by Nyon there has been some doubt about how it works. Its not as clear cut as it may seem. We'll have to wait to find out how it works exactly (i.e where the strawhats up going to)

Ramstain
July 14, 2010, 11:51 PM
actually i dont doubt romance between shakky and rayleigh.

all pirates will go months or years without seeing their loved one(s). Doesnt mean there is no romance.

Tinori
July 15, 2010, 12:29 AM
actually i dont doubt romance between shakky and rayleigh.

all pirates will go months or years without seeing their loved one(s). Doesnt mean there is no romance.

thats because they have no choice, they are on a ship. With rayleigh he is retired..Also Shakky mention he have a few girlfriends.

elitefox
July 15, 2010, 01:04 AM
thats because they have no choice, they are on a ship. With rayleigh he is retired..Also Shakky mention he have a few girlfriends.

Ok I didn't want to start a war, lets see,

Shabondy - Rayleigh is in danger? nope
Shakky said she doesn't care? - it this her right feelings

Rayleigh with Luffy hunted by the government and most likely a high rank officer. Rayleigh in danger - there is a chance because he is protecting someone other than himself.
Shakky - most likely be worried, maybe even Shakking :D

Tinori
July 15, 2010, 01:44 AM
Ok I didn't want to start a war, lets see,

Shabondy - Rayleigh is in danger? nope
Shakky said she doesn't care? - it this her right feelings

Rayleigh with Luffy hunted by the government and most likely a high rank officer. Rayleigh in danger - there is a chance because he is protecting someone other than himself.
Shakky - most likely be worried, maybe even Shakking :D

Where does it say she is worried?

You don't make any sense, you making things up in your head. Shakky and Rayleigh are close friends but they don't "love" each other.

Schabrak
July 15, 2010, 01:44 AM
Do we really need a repition of the last chapter? The more likely truth from terrorei:

About the Vivrecard (my theory how it works):

Componants needed to create a VivreCard

Fingernails of a person whos VivreCard it should become
Special ingredients that are Added to create the Piece of Paper

Functions of the Components

Fingernails are the Component that ensure that the VivreCard shows the live fore of the owner
The unknown ingredients that makes the Paper is the matrix that makes it possible to indicate the owners life force, but not more.
The ingredient has the properties to attract each other if ripped.
Normaly the smaller pieces will indicate the direction of the bigger part of the paper (If no fingernail was used to personalize the VivreCard.

Ways of using a VivreCard

Standart Purpose (with Fingernails as catalyst) : Indicate the life force of a person and shows the direction of the piece the owner of the VivreCard
Special way to use: There is a way that the ripped piece of VivreCard shows direct to the owner of the Card, for example if the owner eats a part of the Card. The over parts are only given to very close friends or family members.
Standart Use (not personalized through Fingernails). The Card only indicates where the nearest/biggest/main piece is, but don't have the properties to show someones life force.

The size of the VivreCard mustn't play a roll. For example it could be possible the effect of a VivreCard becomes stronger if its closer to its owner. It also may work depends on the duration it was close to the owner, so a piece have been longer near the owner it still will attract the other pieces if.
It also may be that there is a special area which has the function to pull the other parts.

This would work for both explanations, and also could give the VivreCard a big role in the NewWorld.

Edit:
Don't get me wrong, I'll willingly change my opinion about the VivreCard, if you can proof the thing Lola said is wrong (or not correct translated), till than I won't ignore it and stick to my version, which also makes perfectly sense.

Some of the Mugiwaras just have no means to get to AL, so why would Rayleigh trick them to sail into the Calm Belt?

On-Topic: Oda is such an ass for teasing us with Ray last chapter only to leave Luffy out of the chapter. XD

jguardiana
July 15, 2010, 02:29 AM
my prediction about Rayleigh's proposal is they go each of his nakama? hahaha weird prediction

Davit08
July 15, 2010, 03:54 AM
is the vivre card made into two pieces of paper? one big sheet and one smaller sheet? the bigger sheet can be ripped and split apart to give to others..while the smaller sheet is the sheet that the bigger sheet is attracted to? then wouldn't this be the case that Shakky has the smaller sheet?

k-dom
July 15, 2010, 04:08 AM
We argued last week about the vivre card long enough and from the 2 theories each have back and forth so it is yet difficult to know which one if the correct one until we have more details from Oda.

I think we will see Rayleigh plan in next chapter after Robin and Sanji stories. I think it would be nice to have rayleigh explains his plan while at the same time we see how the strawhat comes back in a speechless mode

elitefox
July 15, 2010, 04:35 AM
Where does it say she is worried?

You don't make any sense, you making things up in your head. Shakky and Rayleigh are close friends but they don't "love" each other.

oh well, I guess you won't worry about a strong one lol even if he fights a strong individual also

if you know he is at least he is in danger, then you won't get worried

I do believe they are nakamas and even if she is not showing it doesn't mean she doesn't. and so why is the need to give a vivre card to shakky:notrust
[hr]
Does anything thought of Name meeting Lola since she has lola's vivre card :D

goldb
July 15, 2010, 04:47 AM
@elitefox: Nami doesn't have Lola's vivre card but her mum (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/)'s.

Baka_Sousui
July 15, 2010, 05:42 AM
@elitefox: Nami doesn't have Lola's vivre card but her mum (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/)'s.

Could Lola's Mama be the Yonkou Big Mom?

minimz
July 15, 2010, 05:58 AM
Sorry to bring up the argument about vivre cards, I know it's highly unlikely, but is there any possibility that the cards can lead to the closest person with a card or another member with a card? Because I'm worried for Brook's situation in the spoiler... if he is able to escape from being tied up, I'm not sure he's able to help those people, unless somehow (I don't quite like the idea, but I can't see another way as of now) they see another mugiwara, and find out that Luffy's their captain, and become scared that Brook, and hence Luffy, is protecting their land, so they stay away from them.

Also, Zoro might be in a bit of a pickle from the spoilers. He may need another crew member to lead him out, because apparently, a boat was given to him, and he still couldn't get off the island?? I wouldn't mind if Mihawk teaches zoro a few things, but seeing as zoro's a "overconfident brat" he'd be too gangstah to take lessons :P, although that's what we said about Luffy, but as of last chapter, it seems he's going to learn some stuff after all.

diZmacX
July 15, 2010, 06:25 AM
I also think so.. Big Mom maybe is her mother.

Anyway, I don't really want to talk about the vivre card coz it's really is a complicated one but the highest possibility right now is the mugiwaras heading for SA and not AL. Rayleigh said "Well, there probably not there yet" - which means? aha! It means that the mugiwara's vivre cards are going to the direction of SA. That clearly indicates that the vivre card follows the bigger part of it. About the bigger part being broken to smaller peices, I think it isn't that way.
My hypothesis about the vivre card is - when the vivre card is made it's divided into two parts.
1. The indicator/directional pieces which indicates the life force of the owner and the direction of the bigger part.
2. The main piece where the other pieces point their direction, and is not used to be broken down into pieces.

We'll know the truth about it in time.

vintagemistakes
July 15, 2010, 10:17 AM
Discussing when a chapter comes or complaining about it isn't going to make it come out any faster. It will be out when its out. All conversations regarding this is considered spam.

In the meantime, if you have nothing else to add to the spoiler thread but still want to discuss One Piece, there are plenty of interesting threads in The Tree of Knowledge (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61) that could use some love. Thanks.

RichardMNixon
July 15, 2010, 10:40 AM
I think they're still pointing to Rayleigh, he just figures they won't have arranged to get off their islands yet.

Luffy's still pointed to Ace; if it was actually just pointing to a piece that Ace still had, don't you think ID would have taken it from him? No reason to make it easier for people to reach a convicted criminal.

diZmacX
July 15, 2010, 10:50 AM
I think they're still pointing to Rayleigh, he just figures they won't have arranged to get off their islands yet.

Luffy's still pointed to Ace; if it was actually just pointing to a piece that Ace still had, don't you think ID would have taken it from him? No reason to make it easier for people to reach a convicted criminal.

Rayleigh wont know that, he isn't a fortune teller or anything like that, is he? Anyway, if what your saying is true then Rayleigh should have just said that they wont be there for sure since he's in AL though he left vivre card on SA, but that wasn't the case at all.

Ero-Sanji
July 15, 2010, 11:01 AM
Could Lola's Mama be the Yonkou Big Mom?

Most certainly, she was supposed to extremely strong and her name or alter ego is perhaps a hint that she's Lola's mom. Looking at the silouette picture the one with the big mouth and curly hair is also kind of unattractive(Oda style) just like Lola.

Lola's mom was also supposed to be a generous and kind person who would help even strangers in need hence the name Big mom.

Lachfitus
July 15, 2010, 11:05 AM
Well, first of all I'm new here, so I know my post might not have such strong credibility... But I've been reading One Piece for almost 10 years...

I just don't get why people are so against the idea of training/power up. Rayleigh said that if Luffy (and in here I think the other SHs are also involved) goes back to SA in the present situation, he would just be crushed again. For me it can only have one solution: to get stronger. Also, one thing that people here have said before: Luffy can't be pirate king as a 17 years old kid, he will definitely get older before he can be the strongest pirate in the world. As much as I'd like to see everything that will happen from now on, a time skip seems quite possible and plausible.

As for the SHs, I think saying that they're all gonna leave the islands they're in soon is jumping ahead on the conclusions... They have a lot to learn there and even if they want to support Luffy, it won't be easy to leave those islands...
If we see eachone of them:
Zoro is in the island of the greatest swordsman in the world... Do I have to say that he can learn something from this place and the baboons? I'm not saying Mihawk is gonna train him, but he can definitely learn something!
Usopp is in an island with super strong animals and which is known, according to Heraclesn, for never having anyone leaving it alive, once inside! Do you really think Usopp will leave it easily?
Sanji can learn to overcome his inability to fight women and get stronger at Kamabakka. Let's see what Oda will show us next week...
Nami is in a place with weather control knowledge and technology, and no one can say that isn't related to her fighting skills. And Haredasu said that she would die if she wasn't able to control the balloon properly. I personally think she might have some more things to learn from Haredasu...
Chopper might learn something else from the giant birds, I really hope it's related to his giant form, allowing him to remain conscious while at it.
Robin is with the revolutionary army, from whom she can learn a lot
Franky is in the island of the greatest scientist in the world, he can learn a lot there too.
And Brook is a musician, right? I'm surprised no one commented about this yet, but take a look at the long armed guys with two joints on their arms... We've seen those kind of arms before, Apoo. Since he also has powers related to music, I can't see this as a coincidence, as some have said... And hell! Have we ever seen Oda doing anything in One Piece without a purpose or meaning?

It's quite a long post, but I wanted to give all the points that support the theory saying the islands the SHs are in weren't randomly decided. I know a lot of people might think differently, but until now I haven't seen any other plausible theory for what Rayleigh said. Either Luffy will have to train and get stronger or Rayleigh will come up with a magic solution so that the SHs won't be defeated again at SA. And for me, the latter is the one that wouldn't make sense.

Ero-Sanji
July 15, 2010, 11:18 AM
@Lachfitus

Great first post and a big Welcome!!!!

The training part is obviously reasonable and it will most definitively occur but the thing that worries people including me is if we will actually see the training like in current chapters of both Bleach and Naruto. It's certainly quite boring in both of those mangas and it could ruin the concept of surprise in Op imo. It also slows everything down. When Luffy learned Gear 2 and 3 we didn't see it and it felt great!

I like you're thoughts around Brooke and yeah, I agree Kuma/Dragon/Oda has planned this since the beginning. Oda has have a purpose of everything except leaving Pell alive...

llmcduff
July 15, 2010, 11:45 AM
from mangastream :-/
New Naruto, Bleach, and OP all ready to go. But all our t/l are MIA as we didn't expect the raws to land so abruptly. Hang in there. :)
Thu Jul 15 16:28:16 +0000 2010

Lachfitus
July 15, 2010, 12:05 PM
@Lachfitus

Great first post and a big Welcome!!!!

The training part is obviously reasonable and it will most definitively occur but the thing that worries people including me is if we will actually see the training like in current chapters of both Bleach and Naruto. It's certainly quite boring in both of those mangas and it could ruin the concept of surprise in Op imo. It also slows everything down. When Luffy learned Gear 2 and 3 we didn't see it and it felt great!

I like you're thoughts around Brooke and yeah, I agree Kuma/Dragon/Oda has planned this since the beginning. Oda has have a purpose of everything except leaving Pell alive...

Thanks for the big Welcome, Ero-Sanji!

Ok, I get part of the point now... Let's hope Oda doesn't disappoints us, right? I really think he won't, since he's been showing us for more than 10 years what a great storyteller he is! Let's have faith in our favorite mangaka! >_<

Ruhina
July 15, 2010, 12:08 PM
The only training Luffy needs is the explaination of the haoushoku haki and potentially how to use it. Physically, if only Luffy learns how to channel it he can start hurting those logia users.

BTW, I think Kushan, Borsalino and Sakazuki are quite unworthy of being called the ultimate powers of the marines, seeing as their primary strength comes from fruits they've eaten. Shanks and Rayleigh only uses their inherited powers, not to mention Shanks fights with one arm. Remove their logia fruits and they'll be below the strawhat crew any day of the week.

Wolf D. Arius
July 15, 2010, 12:10 PM
I believe in Oda ;)

Because he is giving everybody training but.. u know, not in this pure Dragonball or Bleach style. He took the great storylines, the personailtys of the crewmembers AND the training, put it all together and what do we have?`Training that not really is training but its obvious that its training :D

thats what i call "great storytelling" ;)

Neyubin
July 15, 2010, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone! I've been a long time One Piece follower, as well as a frequenter of these forums for a while now. I felt it was about time I contributed to the discussions. :)

I'm really pleased with the island Zoro is on, being the resting spot of Mihawk. Very clever on Oda's part. I'd like to believe that Franky has stolen some blueprints, or learned to manipulate Devil Fruits in some way. I could see a Devil Fruit being applied either to the Clima-tact, or the Kabuto.

I'm fairly sure that the SH's cards will lead them back to SA. As far as Chopper's previous reaction goes, I believe it to be something along the lines of Luffy stirring up trouble with the Celestial Dragons again; be it true, or a WG lie.

Something I would very much like to see happen would be a very temporary flash forward. It would show years into the future, and we would simply see Luffy's crew about to face off against another powerful crew (Maybe Blackbeard's?). However, both crews are massive in size. Much like Whitebeard's, with multiple divisions. Luffy's main crewmates are each division leaders, and all incredibly powerful looking. This flash forward lasts only moments, and then we instantly return to the current timeline. This would be incredibly suspenseful to me.

Thoughts?

RichardMNixon
July 15, 2010, 12:52 PM
Rayleigh wont know that, he isn't a fortune teller or anything like that, is he? Anyway, if what your saying is true then Rayleigh should have just said that they wont be there for sure since he's in AL though he left vivre card on SA, but that wasn't the case at all.

He said they're probably not there yet, doesn't make him a fortune teller, just intuitive. It could be just as well that he leaves Shakky with his card so she can find him again if he leaves. Nyon made it pretty clear it points to the person.

deffkryz
July 15, 2010, 01:39 PM
First of all, welcome to all new ones here. :)

I believe in Oda ;)

I do as well, but if it's usual progression by doing whatever those characters do you can merely call it "training" for which characters need to be focussed to at least a bit on developing one's own powers and abilities.

The Mugiwaras are separated and each one is having difficulties to overcome the trouble to be able to get to wherever Ray's Vivrecard points to. That's what qualifies it as individual adventures more than training - like those fights each Mugiwara had back in Arabasta and Enies Lobby where each of them had problems to solve to take the next step. You wouldn't call that training either, would you?

@Neyubin: Luffy's crew won't exceed 10 or 11 members. That's his plan from the beginning, and I don't see Blackbeard's crew growing either to more than that amount. Both crews show that you don't need masses of men to be strong if the major players of the crew are such powerhouses and the "less major" ones have unique skills.

Whitebeard "needed" those 1,600 men to keep the control over WB's territory.

And flash forwarding makes Oda have less options to develop the story. He already has the end of OP set in his mind which is either Luffy becoming the PK or not, and that should be enough for us to know.

Prediction for ch593:

The RA hears that Ivankov is back at Momoiro Island. Robin reads about Luffy penetrating Impel Down and setting many criminals free - especially his father's best friend Ivankov. She asks the RA to get to Momoiro to ask Iva if she may give her a ride to the Sabaody Archipelago... And there -minitimeskip - a week later Robin meets.... "Sankama" who isn't embarrassed at all! :darn

$nipe
July 15, 2010, 01:45 PM
I don't know if it's ok to put it here, but chapter is out, at least in Spanish, in case it's useful for someone: http://submanga.com/c/81477

Wolf D. Arius
July 15, 2010, 02:30 PM
First of all, welcome to all new ones here. :)

I do as well, but if it's usual progression by doing whatever those characters do you can merely call it "training" for which characters need to be focussed to at least a bit on developing one's own powers and abilities.

The Mugiwaras are separated and each one is having difficulties to overcome the trouble to be able to get to wherever Ray's Vivrecard points to. That's what qualifies it as individual adventures more than training - like those fights each Mugiwara had back in Arabasta and Enies Lobby where each of them had problems to solve to take the next step. You wouldn't call that training either, would you?

@Neyubin: Luffy's crew won't exceed 10 or 11 members. That's his plan from the beginning, and I don't see Blackbeard's crew growing either to more than that amount. Both crews show that you don't need masses of men to be strong if the major players of the crew are such powerhouses and the "less major" ones have unique skills.

Whitebeard "needed" those 1,600 men to keep the control over WB's territory.

And flash forwarding makes Oda have less options to develop the story. He already has the end of OP set in his mind which is either Luffy becoming the PK or not, and that should be enough for us to know.

Prediction for ch593:

The RA hears that Ivankov is back at Momoiro Island. Robin reads about Luffy penetrating Impel Down and setting many criminals free - especially his father's best friend Ivankov. She asks the RA to get to Momoiro to ask Iva if she may give her a ride to the Sabaody Archipelago... And there -minitimeskip - a week later Robin meets.... "Sankama" who isn't embarrassed at all! :darn

Yeah, first of all, thanks for welcoming the new ones here ;)

I know what you mean, but let me put it like this:

Nami > Training for her is about Information on the weather, and new tools. She "learns" more about manipulating the weather > thats her training, but its well build upon the storyline of a sky island, on which great doctors are doing their weather-research and stuff.

So "obviously" its her training arc, but.. you know, its not like the things we have seen in Dragonball, Bleach or other Mangas / Animes (at least the ones i have seen ^^). She was send there by Kuma and its not that SHE wants to do the training, but she IS training xD its a bit confusing, i just can hope that you know what i mean. Its different then the parts of Enies Lobby or other Arcs, cause these were actual battles.

And the other ones too:

Chopper > the difference between humans and animals, and he always had problems with that cause he is human and an animal. Thats his "Training", you cant say its training because its his lifestyle but still > he learns something from that, is more confident and gets knowlede about beeing the bridge between both sides.

Well, as i said, its confusing xD but i cant say it better: Its obviously training, but its not the typical training because its more "story/background/characteristics or evolution of the characters", than training, but still > its training ;)

My prediction for the next chapter (593) will be ehm.. lets see

Robin and the revolutionarys, Sanji as okama of course (i hope he meets ivankov and then turns back to his old style (after he learned some Kenpo tricks from the others) when he hears about luffy and the war), maybe a short marine part and then back to luffy to end the chapter with a great bang. Cause Oda needs to close the circle, and he shows the first part of the mugiwaras here.

Dragon Slayer
July 15, 2010, 03:43 PM
one piece is out http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/91854766/1

daman246
July 15, 2010, 03:48 PM
the first one to arrive were luffy is are probably nami and chopper, zorro, and ussop have their hands tie ussop needs to find a way of the island plus lose like 400pounds which will most likely give him a ultra boost in hes alreayd ridiculous running away speed

zerocooldx
July 15, 2010, 03:59 PM
Well next up are Sanji and more importantly Robin. Especially since if she really is with the Revolutionaries then that could turn out to be very interesting and revealing. And for all we know Sanji may run into Iva as well.

Drmke
July 15, 2010, 04:04 PM
I like what Oda is doing with this arc. It will probably last a decent amount of chapters amounting to a small arc focusing on each member of the crew individually. But as of now, Chopper is the only one actually making progress in leaving the island he's on. Nami is making a little but she hasn't left yet.

Poor Brook, he just can't get ahead. But I'm sure by the end of this arc, he will be a much stronger fighter because even though he's screaming "Luffy save me!", its not going to happen. So he will have to get himself outta this mess all by himself. It will be interesting to see how he does it.

Nami seems like she's stolen some cool new weather technology so I expect cool things form her in the future. And Zolo is being Zolo, doing super harsh training which I expect him to beat the crap outta those baboons and maybe impress Mihawk at the same time.

Franky is the most epic though. "Is this a pirate symbol?" :XD Exactly what Luffy would do.

But I wanna see exactly what that article says....it reported that Moria died? Why I wonder?

Ero-Sanji
July 15, 2010, 04:04 PM
It's kinda sad how we(I) have to wait another week to see my #1 and 4 favorite characters after such a long time. Oda's saving the best for last, I hope.

I like the idea that someone mentioned of the longarm tribe being magicians and that that is the way Brooke will get stronger. Still Franky took this weeks lol prize! The last page of his story was just too much.

mlinko
July 15, 2010, 04:25 PM
@daman246

Usopp will become faster than roukushi user XD

@Ero-Sanji

They (longarm tribe) aren't magicians but they invented a style of fighting that's based on music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrOrevyVNTA

THM Nindo
July 15, 2010, 04:43 PM
Good chapter!
I wonder how Franky managed to survived this...

Can't wait to see them all together again!
For chapter 600, maybe ?! :tem

k-dom
July 15, 2010, 05:04 PM
Chopper did not train on his island. You're saying he has gained confidence only so that he gained something. I agree Nami and Franky can have found something usefull in their respective island but they have not really become stronger.

On Saobondy they have faced an admiral, it is impossible that the plan is to make them stronger in order to be able to defeat him once they get back. They will get stronger by defeating opponents of their level like their did in the past. Saobondy is out of their reach right now and I think that Rayleigh plan is not make Luffy magically stronger but only find a way to reach mermaid island by avoiding being taken by the marines
Kuma probably explained to Rayleigh where he sent the member of the crew so he may know a way safe where they should gather together

Black Lagoon
July 15, 2010, 06:07 PM
Good chapter! ... Although wasn`t as I expected

Poneglyph420
July 15, 2010, 06:07 PM
On Saobondy they have faced an admiral, it is impossible that the plan is to make them stronger in order to be able to defeat him once they get back. They will get stronger by defeating opponents of their level like their did in the past. Saobondy is out of their reach right now and I think that Rayleigh plan is not make Luffy magically stronger but only find a way to reach mermaid island by avoiding being taken by the marines
Kuma probably explained to Rayleigh where he sent the member of the crew so he may know a way safe where they should gather together

Well after reading this chapter it's clear that the SH are not concerned with their respective "power levels" but indeed with Luffy's condition.
I agree with k-dom that the SH haven't really "powered up" and aren't currently prepared for the "elite" of the world....

I really hope that Ray San does have a way the SH can meet up and get to F.I. W/O incident.

I'm hoping the SH bump into each other as they make their way back together...

Lord Rayleigh
July 15, 2010, 06:30 PM
So Franky is going to get a crazy bounty. He has destroyed Vegapunk's lab by mistake. He didn't seem to carry blueprints when he pushed the button but I guess he has learnt things.

Brook'story means he will likely go to the longarm island. We don't know how Apoo was able to injure with music attacks : that may be a characteristic of longarm tribe. For the moment, it seems Apoo's DF only gives him the ability to turn his body into instruments.

Zoro and Usopp are not going to be back quickly. I don't know about Nami but according to the scientists, it is not easy to drive a ball vehicle. She may need time to be able to use one - and also to study the weather science. Chopper is gone but I think it was said he was in South Blue.

I guess the SHs won't be together soon in the OP time. We'll likely have a timeskip after all the SHs situations are solved since moreover Rayleigh purposed Luffy to wait before going back to Shabondy.

And Mihawks looks so strong without his hat. See the difference with the Mihawks during Roger's execution. His hair are awesome.

Bugzee
July 15, 2010, 06:45 PM
The only training Luffy needs is the explaination of the haoushoku haki and potentially how to use it. Physically, if only Luffy learns how to channel it he can start hurting those logia users.

I assume learning to control and use haki will take some time (it's kinda obvious tbh). Luffy won't be able to suddenly become an efficient user of it overnight or after one training session. I think he'll improve and develop his fighting abilities (+ haki use) more with his crew once they get into the NW.

I would love to see Rayleigh formally introduce and explain to Luffy (+ us readers) more about haki in general at the very least. As for his "plan", I'm confident that it'll be revealed sooner then later. We may not even be told the plan in the present time but actually witnessing the plan in action over the coming chapters. ;)

BTW, I think Kushan, Borsalino and Sakazuki are quite unworthy of being called the ultimate powers of the marines, seeing as their primary strength comes from fruits they've eaten. Shanks and Rayleigh only uses their inherited powers, not to mention Shanks fights with one arm. Remove their logia fruits and they'll be below the strawhat crew any day of the week.

That's interesting and I partly agree with you on this. Their logia powers have certainly played a major part in them becoming "the ultimate force"; especially from what we've seen so far from all three admirals. I'm guessing they all have some kind of experience with Rokushiki. Yes. They do heavily rely on their DF powers imo. Then again, if anyone had their df powers who wouldn't right? xD

Seriously though, they must've trained with their df powers a lot (mainly through combating pirates, etc) to be able to constantly stay in their logia form for so long. I personally don't think if one consumes a logia fruit...that it's all easy from day one to hold that said logia form for long periods of time that we've seen from the admirals. Yep, I would like to see them using other fighting techniques other than their df powers but I can't see it happening in the near future. I would like to know more about that "fake haki" wall they used during the Marineford War...I'm swaying more to that being a form of Rokushiki...hopefully it is.

I believe in Oda ;)

Because he is giving everybody training but.. u know, not in this pure Dragonball or Bleach style. He took the great storylines, the personailtys of the crewmembers AND the training, put it all together and what do we have?`Training that not really is training but its obvious that its training :D

thats what i call "great storytelling" ;)

Nice way of putting it, Wolf D. Arius. ;)

After reading this week's chapter, I see it more as the growth of experience and knowledge tbh. It's pretty clear to find the links between each SH's location atm and how they can take advantage of the situation and in some way develop themselves through training. I see Oda training the SH's mentally more than physically now. The New World is most certainly a big step (massive challenge) and a completely different environment compared to the first half of the GL; take the Marineford War as an exhibition xD if you like of what the NW is all about for pirates (from all angles, not just the WG threat).

Hi everyone! I've been a long time One Piece follower, as well as a frequenter of these forums for a while now. I felt it was about time I contributed to the discussions. :)

I'm really pleased with the island Zoro is on, being the resting spot of Mihawk. Very clever on Oda's part. I'd like to believe that Franky has stolen some blueprints, or learned to manipulate Devil Fruits in some way. I could see a Devil Fruit being applied either to the Clima-tact, or the Kabuto.

Hey Neyubin and all the other new members and welcome to MH! It's great to see more members posting in the OP section; the more the merrier. :tem

Definitely. I really didn't expect seeing Mihawk to reappear so soon again and even more surprising was that he actually lived on the island! It was awesomely done lol by Oda. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Perona now and where she'll go!?

It was great to see Zoro again. I don't expect (or believe) Mihawk to offer him training soon and neither do I see Zoro accepting such an offer in the first place. At the most Mihawk is "teaching" Zoro more about himself. Once more translations become available for this chapter, I'll hopefully explain this in greater detail. :)

About Franky's recent adventures ~

I personally find this story to be a bit messy and rushed in some ways. We've barely been told anything about the lab, it's contents (in great detail) and a few other things but at the same time this one intrigues me the most.

All those blueprints that Franky had come across while being chased...gave me this kinda exciting x interesting-sensation/feeling...what if he came across something within a particular blueprint that he may have recognised from the one (Pluton) he had inherited from Iceberg & Tom-san!? He had plenty of time and chances to look through that ancient blueprint, come on! His a shipwrighter and a passionate one at that! Anyway...such an ancient/old document may have contained symbols/diagrams or whatnot that have been extinct/not in use for 100's of years and most likely have been replaced in today's world. (OP world) Hence why a shipwrighter may not understand or become familiar with it compared to the "common" blueprints of today. This is kinda confusing to read and I'm sorry but I had to share this thought as soon as it popped into my head. xD

Since Vegapunk is 100's of years ahead of his time in this regard may be he came across something that bares a resemblance or a slight connection to the ancient blueprint(s)!!?? And this is what has struck Franky as well?

@daman246

That would be awesome BUT his nose will still set him back in some way, shape or form. :XD

diZmacX
July 15, 2010, 07:17 PM
He said they're probably not there yet, doesn't make him a fortune teller, just intuitive. It could be just as well that he leaves Shakky with his card so she can find him again if he leaves. Nyon made it pretty clear it points to the person.

Exactly! so because rayleigh said "they're probably not there YET" it means that he's indicating (not just murmuring or fortune telling) that the mugiwaras will be there on SA sooner or later and not on AL. Pretty clear huh?

@deffkryz: Whitebeard's intention of having such a large crew wasn't because of protecting his territories but rather to have a big family (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/576/14-15/) who will love him. That's his dream in life. That's also the reason why he's not looking for raftel and one piece (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/576/12/) to become the PK
[hr]
Also about some guys looking for the manga (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/91854766/1) it was already released earlier this day. Hope that helps..
[hr]

@daman246

@Ero-Sanji

They (longarm tribe) aren't magicians but they invented a style of fighting that's based on music

Ussop would certainly be fast or he wont be able to catch up with Van "Supersoic" Auger. That guy was supersonic indeed.

About Apoo's fighting style, I think he might have gotten that from his DF and not from being a longarm.

sarutobi_sensei
July 15, 2010, 07:26 PM
Wow, Nami was so touching on this chapter. They are all trying to come together. I can't wait to see Robin and Sanji. What most of us think is that are being left out because they are to meet with the RA. Sanji with Ivankov and Robin with Dragon himself, well maybe.

Trafalgar SoD
July 15, 2010, 08:13 PM
I don't see how Chopper will benefit from his island, the rest may get a wee bit better.

I just hope my boy Trafalgar keeps making regular appearances.

Ex-Shadow
July 15, 2010, 08:41 PM
Well, it seems like many of us didn't predict like this, eh? Many SH shown at once. Only Sanji and Robin who hasn't made an appearance yet... About Chopper, maybe he get a new kind of medicine or his endurance is pretty much higher than before because he kept attacked by those giant bird before...

silver_soul
July 15, 2010, 09:19 PM
@daman246

@Ero-Sanji

that is an awesome find man,i completely forgot apoo had them joints and it fits in perfectly with brooks musician role.what a find man.prediction for next week is sanji and robins reaction to the news and also zoro being told about the war on gloom/kuraigana island by mihawk.

deffkryz
July 15, 2010, 09:25 PM
that is an awesome find man,i completely forgot apoo had them joints and it fits in perfectly with brooks musician role.

What "awesome find"? That's most probably only a DF power that Apoo works with. :eyeroll

Poneglyph420
July 15, 2010, 09:46 PM

EDIT: Like Deffkryz said.

Well from what we have seen so far I think it would be safer to assume the fact that Apoo has some sort of DF that allows his body to be used that way. Not that we have seen much detail.. But I haven't seen any other of the Tenaga "Longarm" with piano keys for teeth yet..

But it seems that Brook will either have to be saved or will end up being sold... and somehow end up in SA on auction... I'm curious what will happen.. I hope the people who summoned him set him free and help him get out to sea..... personally.

I don't see how Chopper will benefit from his island, the rest may get a wee bit better.
Well Chopper resolved a feud between animals and people, which fits. And he's been on his own adventure, in which he had to depend on himself. Like others have said they have all been Adventuring on their own.. So IMO that's the benefit. Experience and Adventure.

Same for the rest of the SH. IMO this was Kuma's way of saying the SH needed more time to grow. And he provided that chance.

I just hope my boy Trafalgar keeps making regular appearances.

Agreed, I'm very very interested in Law. He knows much of the world and seems to be moral and yet cruel at other times.. I'm really interested what he knows of "D" and the Poneglyphs...

cant wait to see sanji lol...okama

I'm holding my breath until I see what happens with my own eyes..

I'm hoping that once Sanji hears word of what's happened to Luffy he will snap out of his "Okama bliss" and come to Luffy's aid.. hopefully wearing pants a suit and smoking as usual. But now able to kick girls in the face. A man can hope.. at least.:amuse

elitefox
July 15, 2010, 09:52 PM
Luffy needs Sanji the most.

Luffy needs FOOOOOOD to heal. :D
and maybe a few beating from nami.
or maybe a fascinating invention from panty guy
or maybe a healing music from brook.
[hr]

EDIT: Like Deffkryz said.

Well from what we have seen so far I think it would be safer to assume the fact that Apoo has some sort of DF that allows his body to be used that way. Not that we have seen much detail.. But I haven't seen any other of the Tenaga "Longarm" with piano keys for teeth yet..

But it seems that Brook will either have to be saved or will end up being sold... and somehow end up in SA on auction... I'm curious what will happen.. I hope the people who summoned him set him free and help him get out to sea..... personally.

Well Chopper resolved a feud between animals and people, which fits. And he's been on his own adventure, in which he had to depend on himself. Like others have said they have all been Adventuring on their own.. So IMO that's the benefit. Experience and Adventure.

Same for the rest of the SH. IMO this was Kuma's way of saying the SH needed more time to grow. And he provided that chance.

Agreed, I'm very very interested in Law. He knows much of the world and seems to be moral and yet cruel at other times.. I'm really interested what he knows of "D" and the Poneglyphs...

I'm holding my breath until I see what happens with my own eyes..

I'm hoping that once Sanji hears word of what's happened to Luffy he will snap out of his "Okama bliss" and come to Luffy's aid.. hopefully wearing pants a suit and smoking as usual. But now able to kick girls in the face. A man can hope.. at least.:amuse

lol, maybe not kick but something like strangle or submit the woman enemy. :D

bittman
July 15, 2010, 10:01 PM
Would love for Nami to get back in time to at least meat Hancock. Could easily see Nami hugging Luffy, and then suddenly a Hancock haki blast!

But yes, next week = Sanji + Robin. But given most Strawhat's have only received 1/4 a chapter, I would guess we're going to either get some Luffy stuff in the second half, or perhaps a flash away to another place in the grand line? (Perhaps some marines?)

And I don't know what I'm looking forward to more. Robin in something sexy or Sanji...in something sexy...

tobeulp
July 15, 2010, 10:15 PM
Sanji needs to be revert back to his old self I don't like him being an Okama... I want to see him jealous on Luffy with Hancock .. And I like to see Hancock rage seeing Nami hugging Luffy too... Damn Straw hats need to be reunited

ShinobiWrath
July 15, 2010, 10:57 PM
I actually would like to see him come back an Okama because one look at Hancock and he'll look like this :jawdrop permanently. He'll probably loathe Luffy for the rest o his days as well.
:p

Duc :D
July 16, 2010, 12:05 AM
great chapter...

was the franky double spread awesome or awesome? I mean cmon I cant wait to see Franky building some of vegapunks inventions and maybe add them to sunny

SirenVixen
July 16, 2010, 12:07 AM
Since this is about Sanji, I would like him to be able to use Soru with ease, maybe even faster. If the anime episodes of the Straw Hats is canon (I'm pretty sure they are) then Sanji probably WILL be stronger as the okamas on the island called him weak and the Okama "Queen" standing in for Ivan is pretty fast. If the Monster Trio went up against the Three Admirals, Sanji would fight Kizaru. :P

redred
July 16, 2010, 12:37 AM
great chapter...

was the franky double spread awesome or awesome? I mean cmon I cant wait to see Franky building some of vegapunks inventions and maybe add them to sunny

lol i found the whole franky blowing up the lab thing hilarious. the way he gave the thumbs up was priceless :P
hopefully he ends up inventing some really awesome stuff in the future.

zerocooldx
July 16, 2010, 12:39 AM
I'll say this much, Akainu has the sickest tattoo (http://static3.mangastream.com/manga/5/91854766/01.png) i've seen in all of OP, and probably most other mangas as well.

Poneglyph420
July 16, 2010, 01:29 AM
Since this is about Sanji, I would like him to be able to use Soru with ease, maybe even faster. If the anime episodes of the Straw Hats is canon (I'm pretty sure they are) then Sanji probably WILL be stronger as the okamas on the island called him weak and the Okama "Queen" standing in for Ivan is pretty fast. If the Monster Trio went up against the Three Admirals, Sanji would fight Kizaru. :P

Dude.. The Anime isn't Canon or has it ever been.. It comes close and ODa works with the team at Toei, but that's it..

If the monster trio fought the Admirals, they'd (the SH) would be turned in paste...

I vote no "Okama Powerup"

Just a makeover, and hopefully an attitude shift.

elitefox
July 16, 2010, 01:33 AM
the first one to arrive were luffy is are probably nami and chopper, zorro, and ussop have their hands tie ussop needs to find a way of the island plus lose like 400pounds which will most likely give him a ultra boost in hes alreayd ridiculous running away speed

this is what I want to know,

Will usopp change to his original size since he becomes taller also and most likely his bones too lol. I wonder what he'll become.

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 02:07 AM
I don`t know about you guys, but I think he will return back to his normal form, a fata$$ Usopp doesn`t suit him well ... He ROCKS! (the way he`s, well, coward but sometimes he rocks :P) he`s a runner ... It's running in his veins! :XD

javimgol
July 16, 2010, 02:54 AM
IMAO Usopp won't only get more physical strength. Oda is a genius, so just the ability to run faster or carry more weight isn't very sniper type. I still vote he will discover sth, maybe using the fruits of the island to get new abilities for Kabuto. Ort Or even a new and upgraded Kabuto

I still hope we could see a Robin-Dragon and Ivankov-Sanji discussion next chapter.

PD: Still shocked about Rayleigh swimming to Kuja. Who could expect that?

Wolf D. Arius
July 16, 2010, 03:17 AM
IMAO Usopp won't only get more physical strength. Oda is a genius, so just the ability to run faster or carry more weight isn't very sniper type. I still vote he will discover sth, maybe using the fruits of the island to get new abilities for Kabuto. Ort Or even a new and upgraded Kabuto

I think you forgot something > sure, he is a great sniper and maybe he will one day be the best sniper of the entire world but: After the fight with Luffy i dont think Lysop is a 100% Sniper. No real Sniper would use a dial for his final punch like he did with Luffy. A sniper ALWAYS has to be far away / hidden / a one-shot-winner.

Yeah, he is great on distance but i think that Lysop also could be a good fighter in close range > hes smart, fast and think about it: hes great with tools. Lysop Hammer, Wagomu ect ;)

So he will be thin, at least i hope so, but i think he will be a lot stronger then. But it will strenghten both sides > he could shoot heavier ammo with Kabuto, and use his dials in close combat without using the fake Lysop-100-ton-Hammer to scare his enemies =)

Gats
July 16, 2010, 05:12 AM
I just read the chapter.

The picture with the nuke and Franky's face at the background is priceless. :amuse

It's so fitting.

Sachsenhesse
July 16, 2010, 05:20 AM
Dude.. The Anime isn't Canon or has it ever been.. It comes close and ODa works with the team at Toei, but that's it..

oh i would say the anime is right now canon for the coverstorys... just take zoros story, we have seen the monkeys in the anime before they appeared in the manga

i loved mihawk <3 and i bet we will see sanji and ivankov, where ivankov maybe even turns sanji in a who... girl

Vizard5
July 16, 2010, 05:25 AM
i love how none of the strawhats don't even see the possibility of luffy being dead. so far it is only chopper and nami that is actually on their way, the rest is still struggeling.

EvolutionIX
July 16, 2010, 05:39 AM
From what I have seen, it isn't obvious how much the Strawhats have actually improved from my point of view. I don't know if Oda is trying to surprise us by showing what they have gained in their next combat but as far as it is at the moment, they seem the same as when they got blasted off by Kuma.

Ero-Sanji
July 16, 2010, 05:44 AM
@Ero-Sanji

Haha, sorry I meant Musicians...:p

We can't say for sure that the Strawhats hasn't powered up. I mean they have been on their respectively Island for weeks(?).

Nami - Doesn't necessarily have to get physically stronger but on the technological level she will evolve thanks to the amazing devises of the weather Island.

Franky - Might have blown the lab but I'm sure he saved some inventions of vegapunk for later, who knows he might even have already upgraded himself.

Ussop - Just like Nami doesn't really need to get stronger but I'm sure his confidence and survival skills has grown.

Zoro - Will most certainly improve thanks to the baboons.

Chopper - I think he has become better at his monster stage. The problem is that he returns to his animal instincts and intellect in that form. Now by living besides man and beast he might be able to understand both sides better and thus make them work together in a much more effective way. I'm sure chopper will be the biggest surprise.

Brooke - He will either improve his music related abilities or being a mere skeleton might be able to dislocate his bones to mimic the long-arm tribes anatomy:s

Jorge D. Dragon
July 16, 2010, 05:54 AM
The chapter was great, especially Zoro's and Francky's parts. I deffinetly liked the moment when Francky blasted Vegapunck's laboratory)) Also I liked the conversation between Zoro and Mihawck. I'd like Zoro to improve his skills fighting thoso baboons.:)

goldb
July 16, 2010, 06:07 AM
@mlinko: we don't know if all long-armed people have a music based fighting style, so far we've only seen Apoo fight like that and imo I think that's just his df abilities that allows him to do so.

Franky's nuke pic is indeed awesome. So the incident Franky caused on the island is gonna be a focus point of the story at some point imo. I hope that's when we get to see Dr.Vegapunk. Or Franky will be stuck in the island until Vegapunk arrives.

Lord Rayleigh
July 16, 2010, 06:24 AM

The question is not " does Apoo have a DF ? " - we've seen that he was able to turn his body into instruments. The question is " is the music that he plays destructive because of his DF ? "

All that depends on the instruments that he is able to turn into. If he turns his body into normal instruments, they will make the same sounds that normal instruments make. So everybody could fight with an instrument and makes music attacks like Apoo does.
Yet, if the instruments he turns into are special, then the sounds they produce are special and are the explanation about the music attacks he is able to play.

I'd like to see that everybody could make music attacks with instruments. That may mean the music attack is a speciality of the longarm trible and Brook could learn things since he is likely going to the longarm island - at the moment, Brook is able to make music attacks to send people to sleep.

And that would still be fair for Apoo because he would always be the stronger music player. Indeed, to make his strong music attacks, it seems he must use several instruments. His DF makes him able to play them at nearly the same time, so Brooks would not be able to match up with him there.

THM Nindo
July 16, 2010, 06:57 AM
Brooke learning destructive music like Apoo is the greatest idea I've heard on this forum for a while!!
That would be very nice, and will finally make him realy different from the other members of the crew!!

bittman
July 16, 2010, 08:09 AM
No way, I prefer Brooke's supportive music since it encourages team battles and serves a purpose on the Strawhat team rather than just "Swordsman #2" which is what he was looking like in the beginning and I watched people bicker about how different Brooke's "fencing" style was to Zoro's destructive style.

And Brooke would not find destruction through music. He would find harmony, encouragement, 45 degree angles and panties.

(For the record: I believe Appo has a DF, but he could just be a modified being like all the cyborgs running around now days. I would accept that also. And then Brooke and Appo face off in the epic battle of the bands.)

gotdott
July 16, 2010, 08:25 AM
It's pretty possible that Franky stored blueprints on him =d

And I think this chapter is definitely proof of how good Oda's drawings have gotten since the start!

LG4Lyfe
July 16, 2010, 09:06 AM
LOL @ franky notice what he said "Did I do that?" thats the same thing steve urkel says on family matters when he does something by mistake.

4StepsAhead
July 16, 2010, 09:16 AM
Hi, this is my first post here although I have been lurking around the forums for a while. I just thought I would add my thoughts to the discussion.

1. I think all the SH will have gained new abilities and strenght by the time they reach Luffy, I know it doesn't look like they got any stronger but we don't know the full details of what they did during the two to three weeks when luffy was on his adventure. Also they may still have time to get stronger on their way to luffy. Or maybe they will be a time skip of some sort where they get stronger off screen either before or after they meet Luffy (I mean Oda usually makes them stronger off screen anyways... He did it with Nami twice, Ussop, Sanji and Zoro we see him training by lifting weights then in the next fight he pulls off new moves.

2. I believe in next chapter that a bit of Ray's plan will be revealed and it will be getting the SHs to meet on another island besides AL, ( I don't know if he will do this through the VC since I'm not entirely sure how it works). But it wouldn't make sense to let them meet at SA where they would most likely be captured again.

3. I also think that we will find out what Chopper was so surprised about in the next chapter, and I think it will be about Luffy's invovlment in the destruction of Impel down....now I know what you might say...the world government is keeping that quiet, however I believe the information will be leaked by either

a. The fleet Admiral (since he was pissed that the WG was keeping the ID incident a secret)
or
b. Buggy, (so he can get his chance to shine since he didn't really get to do it during the war)
Hence the reason Chopper said why again

Hmmmmmm...that's about it, sorry for the long winded post....I can't wait to see what's happening with Sanji, maybe he won't be able to leave island until he can beat everyone on there or atleast get a kick in on Ivankov. I wonder if he'll still be in drag.... I doubt it but you never know.:amuse

SirenVixen
July 16, 2010, 09:39 AM

If the monster trio fought the Admirals, they'd (the SH) would be turned in paste...

First of all, most of the stuff in the Anime about the Straw Hat separation has happened. Zoro with the baboons, Chopper with the giant bird, etc.

And second of all I meant later in the manga, not right now. Read my actual post next time...

diZmacX
July 16, 2010, 09:48 AM
It's pretty possible that Franky stored blueprints on him =d

And I think this chapter is definitely proof of how good Oda's drawings have gotten since the start!

I highly agree with you. Considering the EL incident, Franky stored the Pluton's blueprint somewhere in his body. And I can't also see any of the strawhats leaving empty handed, it's just not how one piece runs.

Zeltrax
July 16, 2010, 09:53 AM
Not much to predict here,
sanji and robin stories will obviously be next.
Until there, there's really not much we can say.
We know for sure luffy's going to go in training or some way to become stronger.

But seriously, this just confirms that most of them are planning to head back, sure the mihawk and zoro part was awesome yet a little weird.
I thought the next time they meet will be when zoro kicks his ass.
Guess I'm wrong :/

Oh yeah, franky's nuclear bomb was full of win.

Fox666
July 16, 2010, 10:09 AM
First of all, most of the stuff in the Anime about the Straw Hat separation has happened. Zoro with the baboons, Chopper with the giant bird, etc.Not really. The bird were in the manga first, and Chopper talking to the birds was quite obvious.

Also, according to an SBS, the author drawing is 4 chapters beyond the actual release in the magazine, so at the time Zoro chapter was released, the current chapter was already done.

Gats
July 16, 2010, 10:09 AM
If the Marine recognized him, Franky's bounty will just skyrocket like hell after this accident. He just (officially) destroyed the biggest treasure in the world (or of the WG at least).

He can easily reach 100 millions berry.

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 10:24 AM
If the Marine recognized him, Franky's bounty will just skyrocket like hell after this accident. He just (officially) destroyed the biggest treasure in the world (or of the WG at least).

He can easily reach 100 millions berry.

add another 80 millions knowing that he`s "under Mugiwara no Luffy`s command" :tem

I know that Mihawk is a bit talkative, but didn`t know he was like this (I mean this talkative) :oh

Ruhina
July 16, 2010, 11:40 AM
I assume learning to control and use haki will take some time (it's kinda obvious tbh). Luffy won't be able to suddenly become an efficient user of it overnight or after one training session. I think he'll improve and develop his fighting abilities (+ haki use) more with his crew once they get into the NW.

I would love to see Rayleigh formally introduce and explain to Luffy (+ us readers) more about haki in general at the very least. As for his "plan", I'm confident that it'll be revealed sooner then later. We may not even be told the plan in the present time but actually witnessing the plan in action over the coming chapters. ;)

That's interesting and I partly agree with you on this. Their logia powers have certainly played a major part in them becoming "the ultimate force"; especially from what we've seen so far from all three admirals. I'm guessing they all have some kind of experience with Rokushiki. Yes. They do heavily rely on their DF powers imo. Then again, if anyone had their df powers who wouldn't right? xD

Seriously though, they must've trained with their df powers a lot (mainly through combating pirates, etc) to be able to constantly stay in their logia form for so long. I personally don't think if one consumes a logia fruit...that it's all easy from day one to hold that said logia form for long periods of time that we've seen from the admirals. Yep, I would like to see them using other fighting techniques other than their df powers but I can't see it happening in the near future. I would like to know more about that "fake haki" wall they used during the Marineford War...I'm swaying more to that being a form of Rokushiki...hopefully it is.

1) Yeah that's kind of what I meant. Luffy wouldn't become an admiral killer over two chapters, seeing as Ace also had the haoshoku haki but apparently didn't use it at will. He was also outmatched against Akainu despite the fact that he probably possessed the knowledge to wield it. However, a first step must be taken right? So if Rayleigh can explain the basics of haki to Luffy and teach him the basics of it, I'm pretty sure he can be really deadly when that rematch comes.

2) I agree with your points, but I would like to bring up the subject Enel. Basically Enel was a mantra user who happened to come across the god-awfully powerful thunder fruit and was then the indisputable leader of Skypedia. HOWEVER, the moment he touched the sea stone that was it... At least Marco put up some fight when he was cuffed, but Enel just went pathetic and tried to beg his way out of the situation. Also, the moment he ran into his natural enemy he became a coward, only to get smashed in one hit in the end.

The admirals no doubt have a large sum of battle experience, both physically and with their fruit powers (seeing as Aokiji had at least 20 years to adapt to his fruit, the others should have a comparable amount of experience), so they would definately not be a pushover in a fight even without their fruits. However, the moment they run into some proper sea-stone usage or their natural enemies they'll be in a lot of trouble, or at least at a disadvantage.

Like I said before, neither Rayleigh nor Shanks (or Garp from what we've seen) seems to have these apparent flaws. Nor do they evade damage by making themselves intangable with their fruit powers. Garp i.e. is far more qualified for the admiral role than any of the three current, especially since he could hurt Marco wheras the others simply traded blows with him with no results.

Black Lagoon
July 16, 2010, 11:53 AM
When rereading the chapter I just realized how clever is Brooke, he already found his way back to SA, right now he's on his way to be sold at one of the SA slave`s "jail" (Although, I don`t know if such a thing still exists) :XD

k-dom
July 16, 2010, 12:12 PM
It's not the first time I read that comment and I think we should put a stop to this theory. Remember, they only wanted to make a freak show of the human to their fellow 2 jointers. The fact that they don't know about human proves their knowledge of the world they inhabits....

Trafalgar SoD
July 16, 2010, 12:17 PM
I know that Mihawk is a bit talkative, but didn`t know he was like this (I mean this talkative) :oh

He may have an unhealthy obsession with Zoro.

Bowser
July 16, 2010, 12:24 PM
Why doesn't Franky keep any of Vegapunks plans?

happy GIN smily
July 16, 2010, 12:26 PM
i just read the chapter. not much to discus about...

except:
without his hat Mihawk looks not even half as cool.
conclusion: i will buy myself a cool hat next week.

Wolf D. Arius
July 16, 2010, 12:27 PM
I think Mihawk is kinda like Zoro, and thats why he likes him so much. Zoro said that a scar on the back is a shame for a swordfighter, cause he knew he lost their first confrontation. And thats what caught Mihawks attention > he has a very.. "competitive" character, if you know what i mean.

For example: we all heard from whitebeard about the legendary battles between Shanks and Mihawk. But we also have seen that Mihawk went to Shanks and had a (or a few ;) ) drink(s) with him.

I dont think that Mihawk is an evil guy or something like that, when he sunk the whole fleet of Krieg he just seemed > bored ^^

He searches competition, found it in Zoro but he never seemed to be this.. kind of brutal guy. I think there is a great difference between a guy like Moria or (better example) Doflamingo > and Mihawk.

I dont think this would be fitting for Franky. He is not the kind of guy who "steals" ideas or blueprints, he is the kind of guy that builds all by himself. He has great potential as a shipwright and i think he is suuuuper-aware of that *g* There is just no need to steal for someone as good as him.

llamapie
July 16, 2010, 01:02 PM

I think he did. Remember he has a fridge in his belly :X.

Poneglyph420
July 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
First of all, most of the stuff in the Anime about the Straw Hat separation has happened. Zoro with the baboons, Chopper with the giant bird, etc.

And second of all I meant later in the manga, not right now. Read my actual post next time...

I read your post and responded as I saw fit. If you feel disrespected, that's too bad.. It wasn't my intent.

All that I'm trying to say is that the Anime isn't Canon. If Toei made an anime that exactly replicated what Oda has presented that would be Canon...

Now.. ::clears throat::

I'm very curious as to what will happen with Brook..??
Seems like the Tenaga tribe knows little of the world.. I wonder if Brook will just end up as a freak show in their tribal lands or somehow sold off..

Seems to me someone will have to come to his aid..
Maybe the people who "summoned" him or his crew mates....

Franky has just gained a new level of bad ass IMO...
Vegapunk is gonna piss his pants...

terrorei
July 16, 2010, 01:27 PM
Its possible that Franky got some of the Blueprints saved somewhere, but I don't like this theory. Like Wolf D. Arius said, Franky has big potential himself and so I hope he will build something on his own.
In addition Vegapunk has a 500 years lead with his Technologies, and the Blueprints Franky found were 200-300 years ahead of its time.
I still think that he could gathered some ideas.

Edit:

Franky has just gained a new level of bad ass IMO...
Vegapunk is gonna piss his pants...
Maybe Vegapunk will be thankful that he destroyed it ^^.

Ero-Sanji
July 16, 2010, 01:36 PM
I think that Franky finishing Vegapunks blueprints is just briliant. He's doing what we was meant to do imo. Robin decodes the secrets and Franky builds/finishes them.

Franky should also be a great inventor but as for me I would rather see him finish the ideas that Vegapunk couldn't, that's a great boost of greatness for Franky.

SirenVixen
July 16, 2010, 01:48 PM
Not really. The bird were in the manga first, and Chopper talking to the birds was quite obvious.

Also, according to an SBS, the author drawing is 4 chapters beyond the actual release in the magazine, so at the time Zoro chapter was released, the current chapter was already done.

No. In the Anime Chopper made a deal with the bird to take him back to Shabondy. That didn't happen in the manga. See my point?
[hr]

I read your post and responded as I saw fit. If you feel disrespected, that's too bad.. It wasn't my intent.

All that I'm trying to say is that the Anime isn't Canon. If Toei made an anime that exactly replicated what Oda has presented that would be Canon...

So basically you reply was pointless in itself. I said the Straw Hat separation episodes were canon, not the anime itself. Again, read my post before responding...

red-hair himself
July 16, 2010, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=Ero-Sanji;1988780]
Franky should also be a great inventor but as for me I would rather see him finish the ideas that Vegapunk couldn't, that's a great boost of greatness for Franky

it woulnt be just a great boost it be a ssssuuupppeeerrrrrrrrrrr boost :p

Poneglyph420
July 16, 2010, 03:04 PM
If the anime episodes of the Straw Hats is canon (I'm pretty sure they are) P

This is what I have been responding to.. TO which I have responded that the Anime is clearly Not Canon.

So basically you reply was pointless in itself. I said the Straw Hat separation episodes were canon, not the anime itself. Again, read my post before responding...

No you said you're pretty sure that the anime is canon..
Either you want to troll this site and start flame wars or you forgot what you wrote yourself...

I'm sure you have a lot of great ideas and could greatly contribute to this community. The best way to do so is realize when you have made a mistake (Which I make tons of).. The anime is not Canon and I have nothing against you.. so just forget it...
It's not about anything but the facts.

I'd love to hear what you think about what's happened so far and on how the SH will reunite.. as well as the rest of the community too!

I'm wondering how the SH will meet, and as we get more info. it becomes more fun to try and predict (Even though Oda always comes up with stuff way better than we can..)

fistsofrage
July 16, 2010, 03:34 PM
Vegapunk might come back to the island and meet franky by accident...

SirenVixen
July 16, 2010, 03:58 PM
This is what I have been responding to.. TO which I have responded that the Anime is clearly Not Canon.

No you said you're pretty sure that the anime is canon..
Either you want to troll this site and start flame wars or you forgot what you wrote yourself...

I'm sure you have a lot of great ideas and could greatly contribute to this community. The best way to do so is realize when you have made a mistake (Which I make tons of).. The anime is not Canon and I have nothing against you.. so just forget it...
It's not about anything but the facts.

LOL! So basically you took my comment out of context and are now saying that this is my fault? You're sad man... I said I'm pretty sure the episodes of the Straw Hats are canon MEANING the episodes of their separation and their individual stories. Learn reading comprehension please...

k-dom
July 16, 2010, 04:02 PM
I'm quite tired of this bad faith wrt the anime. 90% of the time it is exactly corresponding to the manga. They just add minor things so that they can fill an episode of 20 minutes. OK Franky and Robin part contains filler parts that do not fit with the manga but the 6 others does so far and ignoring this fact by refering to the 10% is a bit annoying. When we said that the last episode were canon is because for the first time in the anime history, it shows scenes that were reveal in the manga afterwards.
Well, SirenVixen using Chopper part was not really wise since the baby bird is obviously not the one that he is riding in last chapter.

silver_soul
July 16, 2010, 04:29 PM
What "awesome find"? That's most probably only a DF power that Apoo works with. :eyeroll

yeah,maybe but I was just referring to the coincidence that brook ran in to a group of people with 2 joints and the only other guy i've seen in the manga with 2 joints happens to be apoo who fights using music.
With brook being a musician i just thought it might turn out to be more than just a coincidence or was i just really late in realising that?