PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach 253 Review By Gigantor21

gigantor21
November 26, 2006, 08:25 PM
(Sorry for the late post. I had a cold last week that was so bad, I couldn’t even stand up straight. I feel better now, though.)

253. Don’t Call Me Nino

Well, here it is–the end of the fight. I figured, along with most other people, that it wouldn’t last that long, and it was indeed only half a volume long (as was the Ichigo-Ikkaku fight).

Presentation-wise, I noticed that Doldooni’s release, Hiraruda, looked less awkward in this chapter than when we first saw it–even when it went all Medusa on us before Ichigo filleted him. I think it’s just reflective of how the general look of the series, particularly during the fights, is becoming smoother and more polished. But in the case of the chapter, that didn’t really help, as it didn’t add to the suspense very much.

Seeing Ichigo block Hiraruda one-handed, without the mask on, killed any chance that we’d be surprised that Ichigo would own him in Hollow form. On top of that, the fact that Doldooni went after Nell purposely again to provoke Ichigo left a pretty bad taste in my mouth–though it did give a better idea of why he was Privaron, since it seems like he’d consider fighting his opponent at full power more important that carrying out the mission.

Lengthwise, it was handled pretty well, though I wouldn’t have minded an extra page or two showing what at least ONE other person is doing right now. I guess that’s because this fight wasn’t that great to me–it didn’t add anything new to the table except Nell’s “Gorge ‘N Barf” defense, as someone so aptly put it in one of the discussion threads. I’m just glad that we’ll be able to focus on something else.

Let’s just hope it isn’t a “Las Noches” version of Ganjyu vs. Yumichika next.

Rating - 3/5

Despite how good it looked, the fight seemed even more boring than last week, but it’s over and done with now–meaning that we’ll see something new next week for sure. If the fight hadn’t ended in this chapter, I’d definitely have rated it lower, though.

mugen
November 26, 2006, 08:47 PM
Let’s just hope it isn’t a “Las Noches” version of Ganjyu vs. Yumichika next.

So true anyhow I would say yes the fight was kinda of too short and just looking at this fight has made me realize that Tite has shown us Ichigo's extent as a Shinigami forget another move from his zanpaktou. Just moves that all Hollows use ceros and balas in other words just energy beams. yup this chapter truely was 3/5. oh well at least he makes some cool drawings I'll admit Tite has the best art style. :smile-big

gigantor21
November 26, 2006, 11:23 PM
I'll admit Tite has the best art style. :smile-big

Don't you get it?

WE DON'T HAVE A CHOICE ANYMORE. KUBOTITE IS TOO GOOD.

I really hope Thursday's chapter kicks ass. And doesn't resemble the Soul Society arc as much.

Gold Knight
November 28, 2006, 04:40 AM
I wasn't particularly impressed by Doldooni's Hiraruda even in this chapter. Hopefully we do get a little better fight coming up next.

And I agree that I wish that we had at least seen somebody else in this chapter.

I've been somewhat disappointed lately, after the chapter with Nell's first appearance, which was the best Bleach chapter I've read in a while, it's been kind of slow ever since.

3/5 works for me.

Luckas
November 28, 2006, 03:08 PM
What do you think about the final comment in the manga "the darkness grows deeper"?
It's only me or in this chapter Ichigo's face is bleeding?

gigantor21
November 28, 2006, 03:26 PM
What do you think about the final comment in the manga "the darkness grows deeper"?
It's only me or in this chapter Ichigo's face is bleeding?

I have no clue--and I like it. Ambiguous hints are fun!

And Ichigo's definitely got blood on his face in the chapter, but it looks like it's dried (though that may be because of the scan).

Did anyone notice that Nell took Doldooni's Bala in his released state straight on, and only got the wind knocked out of her? She didn't even seem like she was all that hurt. I thought that was pretty weird...

Luckas
November 28, 2006, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure but in this last chapter Nell seemed affected by that cero I believe she's in pain, even if a little.
About Ichigo blood in some images there is in others there isn't. I don't know if it is the scan.

gigantor21
November 28, 2006, 06:37 PM
I think that maybe Kubo's fault, then, to be honest--I've seen authors forget to put injuries in every panel in plenty of series. And it looked to me like it was the Bala Doldooni hit her with that did the damage, not the Cero she shot back at him.

Hopefully, we'll get some clarification on what level of Hollow she was before becoming an Arrancar in the near future.

Luckas
November 29, 2006, 06:51 AM
I agree, there a lot of things I would like to know about Nell.

gigantor21
November 29, 2006, 04:09 PM
I agree, there a lot of things I would like to know about Nell.

Me too. I wonder how she looked before becoming an Arrancar?

Luckas
November 29, 2006, 06:16 PM
Me too. I wonder how she looked before becoming an Arrancar?
I would like to know how she became arrancar.