PDA

View Full Version : Jimbei Discussion Thread

Freakzin
November 27, 2006, 09:07 PM
Since Jimbei in japanese means shark whale or vice versa, i'm believin in movingstone,
how the hell is Oda goin to draw him,i mean it's a really odd animal
http://www.maneatingsharks.com/Images/Whale/whale2.jpg
LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE MOUTH!!!!!!
anyone who makes a good art of it post it here
and since i'm not that good on drawings, i'll just look at ur ^^
really hopin for some nice stuff :amuse

Title edited for clarification ~ bax

jeffhmwong
November 27, 2006, 10:08 PM
OMFG...!!! Thats one ugli piece of crap.!!

triniman121
November 27, 2006, 11:28 PM
who really knows... maybe a super size arlong without the nose:P and maybe this arc will be like arlongs

husnimubarak
November 28, 2006, 02:11 AM
anyone who makes a good art of it post it here
and since i'm not that good on drawings, i'll just look at ur ^^
really hopin for some nice stuff :amuse

umm.. i couldn't draw..

but, jimbei would be like one hell of a sacred MONK..!!!

some religious Antagonis.. ;)

sushi
November 28, 2006, 07:11 AM
ahhahahahha....

funny picture. noway jimbei eva gonna hav a big mpuh or sort of stuff...maybe his just a crazy shark

JoJoJO
November 28, 2006, 07:16 AM
He could look like the total opposite what we expect JIMBEI to like. Just wait and see how he look like in the next 20 chapters.

I expect Oda to pull something totally ridiculous.

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 10:52 AM
but, jimbei would be like one hell of a sacred MONK..!!!

some religious Antagonis.. ;)

It's Antagonist and Kuma has already taken up the Religious fanatic role in the Shichibukai. It's pretty simple to tell how Oda will draw Jimbei: An abnormally large(for a fish-man) fish-man with a wide Head and a big mouth. He's probably white and grey too.

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 02:31 PM
I think he might take up the theme of a sting ray or some weird creature theme like lochness or like davy jones ( ;) :p hehehe)

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 02:36 PM
He's a whale shark... :notrust

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 02:44 PM
how does a whale shark look like .........
:headscratch

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 03:01 PM
http://ic1.deviantart.com/images/i/2003/45/6/0/Whale_Shark.jpg

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/012/c/c/whaleshark_stock_by_donstock.jpg

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/013/e/5/whaleshark2_stock_by_donstock.jpg

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 03:05 PM
??
:s
:headscratch

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 03:09 PM
Jinbei-zame means Whale Shark in japanese.

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
are you good at drawing images, if so could you draw us a pic of jimbei please

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 03:18 PM
actually, yeah, I am... but I don't have a scanner.. :darn

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 03:19 PM
even a digital camera would do the same job as a scanner

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 03:29 PM
My digital camera isn't transfering files onto the computer http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif (God doesn't want my drawings on the net..)

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 03:32 PM
throw into the trash and buy a new one :bash

sushi
November 28, 2006, 09:47 PM
yeah do it quickly

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 10:08 PM
Eheh, I'll do my best to fix my problem..

alps
November 28, 2006, 10:28 PM
from wiki
The name "whale shark" comes from the fish's large size and eating habits; that is, a shark as large as a whale that shares a similar filter feeder eating mode
i think it is not whale but shark and the large is as large as whale...

This species, despite its enormous size, does not pose any significant danger to humans. Divers and snorkelers can swim with this giant fish without any risk apart from unintentionally being hit by the shark's large tail fin.
so jimbei is not a dangerous creatur?^^
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Rhtyp_u0_white_bg.gif/300px-Rhtyp_u0_white_bg.gif

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 10:32 PM
Upcourse it a gentle giant, you know whale they big and gently unless sit on you (which they can't) they freaking accidentally kill you..... So gentle does not meant not dangerous...

otaclub_87
November 28, 2006, 10:34 PM
i think JIMBEI may be a friendly character...dunno..just a feeling....i mean...the sichibukai dun have to be all the antagonist

alps
November 28, 2006, 10:43 PM
hahaha^^ you are right...
and maybe the reason of fighting jimbei is not because he antagonist but other reason...
maybe SH steal their treasure so SH must fight them^^
or maybe because of other reason( since is SH are going to the top they must meet other strong people)...

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 01:37 AM
from wiki
The name "whale shark" comes from the fish's large size and eating habits; that is, a shark as large as a whale that shares a similar filter feeder eating mode
i think it is not whale but shark and the large is as large as whale...

This species, despite its enormous size, does not pose any significant danger to humans. Divers and snorkelers can swim with this giant fish without any risk apart from unintentionally being hit by the shark's large tail fin.
so jimbei is not a dangerous creatur?^^
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Rhtyp_u0_white_bg.gif/300px-Rhtyp_u0_white_bg.gif

You had to go yo wiki, pssssh, that s@#$ is common knowledge..

i think JIMBEI may be a friendly character...dunno..just a feeling....i mean...the sichibukai dun have to be all the antagonist

That thought crossed my mind as well... But every saga has to have it's villain, and Jimbei is a pirate, a Shichibukai, and a merman that once led Arlong's crew, he can't be friendly..

otaclub_87
November 29, 2006, 10:47 AM
its nice to know that you are think that way..hehe...at least i'm not dreaming alone....

every saga has to hav its villain..hehe...that's true...what if the villain is BB now..and JIMBEI is on SH's side....quite interesting???

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 10:58 AM
BB is a future obstacle to the Strawhats, they aren't nearly strong enough to fight on par with him and his crew yet. Poor Ace is going to get owned, I'll be pissed if he gets killed, which I doubt.

otaclub_87
November 29, 2006, 11:07 AM
its impossible for Ace to get Killed.or else Oda will be burn by Ace fans..hehe..

you right..BB is saved for SH till they get stronger...

even tough..i still think JIMBEI is not antagonist..(i hope..)...there should be a protagonist in sichibukai...

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 11:17 AM
Hawkeye has already revealed himself to be a protagonist. He wasn't going to attack the Strawhats what so ever, and spared Zoro's life after he lost. Hell he even told him to get stronger and beat his ass one day.. Also, he's keeping tabs on the Strawhats and is a friend of Shanks. -- Back on subject, Jimbei used to lead Arlong's crew...think about it ARLONG was his subordinate(Has a superiority complex; thinks all humans are trash; believes merman/fishmen are the epitome of, well, everything) Arlong didn't get those ideals from nowhere, they are the mentality of all(most) mermen/fishmen.

hrseber
November 29, 2006, 03:04 PM
...thinks all humans are trash; believes merman/fishmen are the epitome of, well, everything) Arlong didn't get those ideals from nowhere, they are the mentality of all(most) mermen/fishmen.

I agree and I like that you added the "(most)" because just like most people in the world of One Piece are not Pirates doesn't necessarily mean that all Mermen are (both pirates or Evil). What if Arlong was like BB in the sense that he had a good master but became ruthless on his own. But now I'm just saying the same things that have already been said.

jumbohiggins
November 29, 2006, 05:37 PM
wheres all this info on jinbei comeing from i didnt see it in the manga someone send me a link or something please i hate being in the dark

:fry

infyquest
November 29, 2006, 05:42 PM
wheres all this info on jinbei comeing from i didnt see it in the manga someone send me a link or something please i hate being in the dark

read the manga carefully
some of the info here is an intelligent guess
and nobody is keeping u in dark
:bash

weixiaobao
November 29, 2006, 05:43 PM

Jimbei only mention once in the manga... and we know his name is japanese meant "whale shark" according to whale shark personality and Arlong (his former crewmate) personality, we are making "assumtion" about Jimbei... So maybe all of us end up wrong...

X)

Liqiud2
November 29, 2006, 05:45 PM

Actually.. Everything in this topic is an intellegent guess, besides his name... which you spelled wrong. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif

.access timeco.
November 29, 2006, 05:56 PM
jumbohiggins: When Luffy & co. are going to rescue Nami in Arlong Park. But few things were said.

otaclub_87
December 02, 2006, 10:29 AM
JIMBEI or JINBEI ???

confused...????

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 02, 2006, 10:49 AM
Jimbei is the right one ;)

triniman121
December 07, 2006, 10:05 PM
i think jimbei will make a appearance ion the next arc for sure:D... on how he looks i have no clue but he must be huge(height)( just a guess btw)

venicia777
December 08, 2006, 02:07 AM
i think jimbei will make a appearance ion the next arc for sure:D... on how he looks i have no clue but he must be huge(height)( just a guess btw)

he definately has to make an appearance. With Garp waiting to hang on Luffy's neck and run him to the mermen island i pretty much expect the marines to inform Jimbei of Luffy's impending sojourn in his country.

i hope he doesnt look anything like Kokoro baasan.

jeffhmwong
December 19, 2006, 05:28 AM
Hes said to be the strongest among the shinchibukais......do u guys think he will appear so soon?

I mean, the SH are yet to fight other shinchibukais like kuna and don flamengo..

Efreet
December 19, 2006, 06:27 AM
He'll definitely appear soon

fire breather
January 16, 2007, 06:48 PM
he may be a people eater so he may get hungry and try to eat the strawhats or maybe chopper the emergency food

sushi
January 17, 2007, 06:44 AM
hope the tentions build first before he showed up

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 08:37 PM
he will be really really big like 15 feet like three luffy's and he will have monstrous strenght but i dont want him to be a villian not all shichubukia have to be evil he could be nice ad give teh SH a new nakama (singing mermaid, i.e. his daughter) we still have to go throw the triangle thing before he shows up unless that is were he chills in teh summer

nemy123
January 18, 2007, 10:19 AM
Like Liqiud said not all shichibukia are evil (Hawkeye).

Hes said to be the strongest among the shinchibukais......do u guys think he will appear so soon?

I mean, the SH are yet to fight other shinchibukais like kuna and don flamengo..

I do agree with you, but making an appearance doesn't neccessarily mean that they have to fight him right away. Maybe they'll confront him but he has to leave because of some other stuff he has to take care of (perhaps the blackbeard thing?). Who knows...

xr3b0rn5inx
January 30, 2007, 11:57 PM
Jimbei is said to be the strongest Shinchibukai eh,well since now the pirates are goin to Merman's island maybe they will meet him there =D.Then we'll see wat or how in the world he actuaally looks like.

OP_overlord
January 31, 2007, 12:00 AM
when was it said that he was the strongest that is debatable mihawk is no push over and kuma is a big guy and don flim... has a higher bounty then luffy and his cant rise anymore and it could have been like that for a while they all could have been

hollowfied
October 17, 2007, 04:43 AM
So when are we gonna see him?

The arc after thriller bark? Or do you think it'll take even longer?

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 10:19 AM
It'll probably be Merman Island next, unless there's an arc about them reaching MI.

big_p
October 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
I would have thought that this was that arc. Perhaps Kuma will divulge some info on how to get there, then again, if the WG is so worried about losing Shichibukai then perhaps he won't.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 07:58 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure they'll have to figure it out themselves, like the Reverse Mountains and the Knock-Up Stream.

Imitorar
October 18, 2007, 08:27 PM
Cricket told them about the Knock-Up stream, so Kuma could tell them about this. Not that he would know, though. Kokoro probably would have, but she didn't tell them, so they'll probably figure it out themselves. Although, one of the Soldier Dock ports has a submarine, so maybe they'll take that. They'll have to hide Sunny somehow, though.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:29 PM
They were told that it existed, and the gist of it, but they figured out how to get up themselves, like they knew about the Reverse Mountains, but they figured how to get up themselves.

Imitorar
October 18, 2007, 08:46 PM
Ah, fair enough. I still say that the submarine in the Soldier Dock will be used to get down there, though.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:54 PM
But...can't it not fit them all? Although, if it's really crowded, I imagine Sanji would be happy...

Imitorar
October 18, 2007, 09:19 PM
Only if he's next to Nami and/or Robin. He might end up next to Zoro. THAT would be hilarious.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 09:26 PM
That would make it hilarious, yes. That or Brook behind Nami or Robin.

Akainu
March 30, 2008, 05:07 PM
So as to prepare a bit for the inevitable upcoming meeting with jimbei (since when? 2006 was it? ;-P ) I'm rewarming this thread with a tiny speculation:
as some people already said whale sharks are kinda peaceful fish eating plankton only (i.e. minor criminals ?) and is often acompanied by cleaner fish I think (equals a lot of admireres, not necessarily his crew though we don't know what happend to them).
and after seeing the starfish speak in that jamaican/carribean (?) accent I think jimbei will a) also talk like that and be somehow relaxed and b) be a good friend of the starfish.

Razh
March 31, 2008, 04:56 AM
Maybe that's why Arlong left his crew in the first place. Didn't see eye to eye with him. Or maybe Jimbei wanted him out.
Although there isn't any real indication for it, it's still a possibility.

Captaaain_Usop
March 31, 2008, 01:38 PM
hmm.. i think that the octopus guy (forgot his name hacchi or something) would join their crew temporarely untill they reach the island and then perhaps they'll encounter jimbei who ofcourse knows hacchi!! and then we'll figure out what went wrong with arlong and stuff..
knowing whale sharks, i too think that he'll be gentel, huge, slow and ofcourse with a tendancy to swallow things :p as you can see from this link:
http://www.arkive.org/species/GES/fish/Rhincodon_typus/GES002556.html

its similiar to the picture posted at the first page..but has a clearer sense of scale and more details related to the nature of this gentel shark..

kkck
March 31, 2008, 02:19 PM
Didnt someone said he left his crew to become a shichibukai?i dont think soemthing went wrong with him and arlong. I believe that he will be gentle and HUGE (comparable to a giant probably), but i dont think he will be slow.

Captaaain_Usop
April 01, 2008, 05:22 AM
Didnt someone said he left his crew to become a shichibukai?i dont think soemthing went wrong with him and arlong.

yeah you're right i forgot about that..well maube we'll have a flash back or something about him and arlong.. and well he could talk slow or something..he doesn't have to be slow as in his speed

Razh
April 01, 2008, 05:36 AM
Well, knowing Oda, Jimbei could still turn out to be tiny, wiry and fast as hell :p
Sort of an, uncharacteristic whale shark.

RichardMNixon
November 08, 2008, 09:19 PM
The rules of the Blank Century said it was ok to necro a thread if it's relevant, correct?

How explicitly has it been stated that Jinbei was Arlong's captain? This (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/08/) translation is really shaky, does anyone have a better one?

What I'm wondering is, it says (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/521/17/) the Sun Pirates split into multiple groups; couldn't it be that Jinbei and Arlong were both in the Sun Pirates but split off at Fisher Tiger's death rather than Arlong going with Jinbei for a while and then leaving when Jinbei became a schichibukai?

bittman
November 09, 2008, 12:37 AM
Wow, that is one awful translation of Arlong and Jimbei. I mean, it's practically summed up in the words "Don Creek will be just a history!" Oh engrish, how I love thee.

Anyway, given the latest revelations concerning the split of the Sun Fishman Pirate Crew into smaller ones, I imagine Arlong took part of the split and headed to East Blue whilst Jimbei took another part. How many parts there are, and how big a part Jimbei managed to gain are things that will be answered in time.

My personal guess is that Jimbei was the rightful successor, but not many liked that and thus the crew was split.

Absolutio
November 09, 2008, 04:42 AM
Gosh, it was hard waiting for Sunday till I could post this.. But!
I think I might have a very good theory that explains the "Arlong was Jumbei's equal"..
They might've been trainees on the Pirates of the Sun ship, just like Shanks and Buggy, and like the huge difference between Shanks and Buggy now, that could be the same with Arlong and Jimbei.

Freakzin
November 09, 2008, 06:14 PM
Something that's still fishy about this, that thing the friends from Zoro said, "To become a Shichibukai he left some monsters at East Blue" , I mean how did that split between the crew in Arlong's crew and Jimbei's crew happen. Did Jimbei decide to become a Shichibukai, the marines made them split?? He offered the split?? Don't know, sounds too fishy to me , (LOL Fishman split is fishy!!!!!! Hohohohohoho)

RichardMNixon
November 10, 2008, 08:37 AM
Something that's still fishy about this, that thing the friends from Zoro said, "To become a Shichibukai he left some monsters at East Blue" , I mean how did that split between the crew in Arlong's crew and Jimbei's crew happen. Did Jimbei decide to become a Shichibukai, the marines made them split?? He offered the split?? Don't know, sounds too fishy to me , (LOL Fishman split is fishy!!!!!! Hohohohohoho)

I think Jinbei became a Schichibukai at Fisher Tiger's death and didn't take Arlong with him. He could have even betrayed FT and been responsible for his death, that would make the WG take notice.

Kaiser Will
November 17, 2008, 08:03 PM
I think Jinbei became a Schichibukai at Fisher Tiger's death and didn't take Arlong with him. He could have even betrayed FT and been responsible for his death, that would make the WG take notice.

I totally agree with you. but we know that Hachi entered in Sunny Pirates 20 years ago and Jinbei became a Shichibukai 8 years ago. That's the time Arlong make his way to East Blue with his crew. Some information is missing about Fisher Tiger death, but i do think that Jinbei was involved!