PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 594 Discussion /595 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Akainu
July 21, 2010, 02:45 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62735) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks :)

panasit
July 28, 2010, 01:31 AM
What's an "sn"?

damane08
July 28, 2010, 01:32 AM
OMG! so if the spoilers are true Luffy did attack marineford! so all you people who said that.... you were right. what the hell is with BB all of a sudden? and sengoku resigning? why? is it because of the WG wanting to cover up the whole thing about level 6 prisoners escaping?
so many questions to be answered!

Tsukisama
July 28, 2010, 01:32 AM
I believe it said in the picture and summary thread to post them originally here with spoiler tags?

タイトル:「新体制」
扉絵  :ガープとセンゴク

~新世界バルガ島~

モンキー・D・ルフィが起こした事件は新世界にも伝わっていた

黒ひげ「ゼハハハ 相変わらず人騒がせな奴だな麦わらぁ~」
ラフィット「船長 多分これは何か思惑があっての行動かと」
黒ひげ「んん?そうか?んーそうだな さすがにこれはねーか」
シリュウ「それより船長 カイドウに会うってのはマジなのか?
     俺もあいつのことはよく知ってるが一筋縄じゃいかないぜ?」
黒ひげ「ゼハハハ まー何とかなるぜ てめーら出港に準備を」

~ 新世界 キルガード島 ~

べックマン「あいつ何考えてるんだ?
シャンクス「レイリーさんがルフィの所に向かったと聞いてる
      おそらくレイリーさんの考えだろう」
ルゥ「それにしてもこれはやべーんじゃねーか?」
シャンクス「いずれにしろ今のルフィじゃ新世界で3日ともたない」
部下「船長~大変だ~この記事を見てくれ~~!!」
シャンクス「!?これは!?」

~ 聖地マリージョア ~

役人「五老星!みなさん揃いました 会合は間もなく開かれます!」
五老星A「わかった・・・」
五老星B「いよいよ世界が変わる・・・」

続く

I'm moving this post to the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread.

To clarify the rules, it says that you should place international translations of the spoilers in this thread in spoiler tags. This means that non-English translations of English-text spoilers (which are typically translations of the original Japanese). Thus, the original Japanese text should always go into the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread.

What's an "sn"?

Supernova

SirenVixen
July 28, 2010, 01:34 AM
I must say, Sengoku resigning seems over the top. Blackbeard taking out a SN seems random, but I could see it happening. I gotta say the cover is epic! Sengoku actually looks like he's enjoying something. His weakness is food! xD

chitgoks
July 28, 2010, 01:36 AM
black beard taking out a supernova? man ... need more details!

damane08
July 28, 2010, 01:39 AM
black beard taking out a supernova? man ... need more details!

exactly! which one is it? we know it's not Law because he was on AL the entire time or maybe it is Law, it's been a week since he left AL already so it could be him.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 01:41 AM
wow, I guess I've gotten used to the slower pace over the past couple of months in one piece, but this sure seems to be a lot of things happening at once. It would not surprise me if the newspaper article was a forgery/made up rumor, but Luffy + Raleigh + Jinbei could take Marineford in its current state I suppose...

16 bells... what could that mean? Any significance to the number 16 that you guys remember?

SirenVixen
July 28, 2010, 01:42 AM
I hope it's Capone or w/e his name is [he guy who can makes things smaller and bigger (and wow that sounded wrong...)]. He seems kind of weak and I personally don't find him interesting in the least. I hope it's not X Drake, he's my favorite.:(

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 01:43 AM
Great! I knew Rayleigh had a plan involving attacking the Marines but not Marineford, that's just rash:amuse

So, the question now is hat attacking Marineford would help Luffy and his crew escape Sabaody. I mean his crew hasn't even arrived and attacking the MF right now seems to be too soon. Perhaps there is something they are looking for.

Sengoku resigning is a bit downhill for me, the guy haven't even showed us anything ye. I wonder what he's gonna do now?

BB crushing a Supernova is harsh and I don't know who I want it to be. Uruoge is the weakest but he's cool.

panasit
July 28, 2010, 01:44 AM
I don't think it will be the high profile supernova, like Kid, Law, and Bonnie (who seems to have a lot of backstory to her). Drake and the voodoo guy also seems to have a lot of story in the future. But it could be Drake. Who knows (we'll find out in a couple of days anyway).

Sengoku was appearing to be very disgusted about the cover up of the escape prisoners. Plus, the whole Blackbeard fiasco was all caused by the government, don't know whose decision it was although Sengouku appear to never seemed to like the idea of Shichibukai. The whole war was almost part of Blackbeard's plan. Blackbeard is younger and more evil than Whitebeard. Whatever executing Ace, an adopted son of his friend, was supposed to accomplish (peace?), it more than missed the mark. If anything it makes the sea more dangerous.

One thing, it's kind of weird that Sengoku is resigning AS marineford is under attack by Luffy. There's something strange about that.

... I'll be disappointed if his replacement is Akainu. Both in logic (the most unreasonably ruthless of all admirals, why should he get promoted, for killing Ace?), and in principle. The guy is a logia. Logia fruit user are always fun to watch. But to me, there're people who are more powerful than them and cancel out their power. People like Garp, Whitebeard, Shank, and Rayleigh.

damane08
July 28, 2010, 01:47 AM
wow, I guess I've gotten used to the slower pace over the past couple of months in one piece, but this sure seems to be a lot of things happening at once. It would not surprise me if the newspaper article was a forgery/made up rumor, but Luffy + Raleigh + Jinbei could take Marineford in its current state I suppose...

16 bells... what could that mean? Any significance to the number 16 that you guys remember?

I don't know..... what about the admirals, are they still there? because if they are then i kinda doubt that the three of them could attack marineford.
oh and where did you get that 16 bells thing? yea i have no recollection of anything like tht.

SirenVixen
July 28, 2010, 01:52 AM
BB crushing a Supernova is harsh and I don't know who I want it to be. Uruoge is the weakest but he's cool.

Eh I just don't like him at all, he seems like a selfish bastard (and not one of the interesting ones like Buggy). He's also a pure coward (wasn't he the only SN who didn't stay and fight someone important?). And oops I meant Basil Hawkins in my last post. Hawkins is awesome. :amuse
[hr]

I don't know..... what about the admirals, are they still there? because if they are then i kinda doubt that the three of them could attack marineford.
oh and where did you get that 16 bells thing? yea i have no recollection of anything like tht.

I think it's possible that they are somewhere else ATM. After all, the New World is pretty much going into chaos without WB.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 01:52 AM
Spoilers are very confusing, though Luffy attacking Marinford is very interesting. In fact I can't understand the theme with the bells. So I'm hoping for bigger spoiler.

About BB and attacking Supernova... I'm only hoping that it isn't Drake, cause I like him, Bonnien because she has now a bound with Zoro and she is rather pretty character to waste.:) And also I wouldn't like it to be Kidd, because Luffy has to take him out himself.

And I can't understand why Sengoku would have resigned. And in that case who can become the next Fleet Admiral?

damane08
July 28, 2010, 01:53 AM
Eh I just don't like him at all, he seems like a selfish bastard (and not one of the interesting ones like Buggy). He's also a pure coward (wasn't he the only SN who didn't stay and fight someone important?). And oops I meant Basil Hawkins in my last post. Hawkins is awesome. :amuse

yeah.... i agree with you. that Capone guy was the only one to leave before Kizaru showed up and to make things worse he's scum... he killed one of his own men for nothing. He does seem like the weakest too.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 01:54 AM

"Luffy rang the Ox bell at Marineford 16 times.
Apparently all the crewmates got the message, although Zoro looks confused."

Szaman
July 28, 2010, 01:56 AM
If it was a SN who was taken out, we already know, that Bonnie was the one who wanted to confront someone who she thought was responsible for WB death - and I guess we all agree BB is on top of this list.
So my guess is she found BB but got stomped.

damane08
July 28, 2010, 01:57 AM

ahhhh..... my bad i didn't see that part at all. and now it's one more question; what the hell does that even mean? i have no memory of anything to do with a bell except that one in the sky, nothing at all comes to mind.

SirenVixen
July 28, 2010, 01:58 AM
Props to whoever predicted the Gurosei (Sp?) would appear in this chapter. I guess this only supports that Luffy, Rayleigh, and Jinbei broke into Marineford because they would be probably the most worried.

So we have to wait to see what the message is another week (maybe more?) probably? Ugh Oda you're killing me!

Kaizoku-O Luffy
July 28, 2010, 01:58 AM

This is thanks to brack from ap forums in relation to bells. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship%27s_bell) I don't know whether there is a connection to this and what luffy did.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 02:01 AM

No, Apoo's the coward as well as Bege and the glutton lady. Uruoge fought a pacifista and Kizaru with X and Basil (and the coward Apoo). I agree with you on one thing though and that is Basil Hawkins being the coolest:p

I like Bege's ability but not his personality so if he was the one taken down I wouldn't mind much. Bege was also very close to the Marine Hq in fact they all seemed to be: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/581/03/

Kid and glutton are the ones who are least likely to have been caught since he's supposed to be Luffy's rival while Glutton was searching for someone in the New world.

damane08
July 28, 2010, 02:01 AM
This is thanks to brack from ap forums in relation to bells. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship%27s_bell) I don't know whether there is a connection to this and what luffy did.

thanks for the link but i still didn't get anything that would relate to the things happening in the manga right now. Wait.... did you get anything from it?

i reloaded my browser about 4 times thinking that it was the reason those other pictures wouldn't show in their entirety........ not so much.

SirenVixen
July 28, 2010, 02:06 AM

No, Apoo's the coward as well as Bege and the glutton lady. Uruoge fought a pacifista and Kizaru with X and Basil (and the coward Apoo). I agree with you on one thing though and that is Basil Hawkins being the coolest:p

I like Bege's ability but not his personality so if he was the one taken down I wouldn't mind much. Bege was also very close to the Marine Hq in fact they all seemed to be: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/581/03/

Kid and glutton are the ones who are least likely to have been caught since he's supposed to be Luffy's rival while Glutton was searching for someone in the New world.

Oh sorry I got Uroge and Capone (Sp?) confused. I said that I dislike Capone because he was the only one who did not fight Kizaru or a Pacifista. Also his ability is pretty cowardly itself. I mean he basically gets everyone else to do the work for him. I honestly like how his DF fits his personality. ^_^

And yeah, go Hawkins. =P

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 02:06 AM
New, pics guys and finally the Gorousei start talking and btw is the old man at the last picture the former fleet admiral Kong?

shluffy
July 28, 2010, 02:08 AM
Wait the crew is all dispersed, so by ringing this bell everyone in the crew can hear it? Sounds a bit weird to me.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 02:08 AM
Doubt this is what it means but

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/16th_Branch

Still... that's far away from the Grand Line...

damane08
July 28, 2010, 02:09 AM
New, pics guys and finally the Gorousei start talking and btw is the old man at the last picture the former fleet admiral Kong?

i like that idea and man does he look badass, i don't remember him being one of the Gorousei so where the hell has he been this entire time? what rank does he hold at this point?

SirenVixen
July 28, 2010, 02:10 AM
Wait the crew is all dispersed, so by ringing this bell everyone in the crew can hear it? Sounds a bit weird to me.

Maybe it's like the Den Den Mushi and there is a network so that the bell can be heard around the world? Or at least islands that are connected to the network. It could possibly be used as an emergency call for the marines. I don't quite understand it either but this is my guess. lol

RezzieThaRapper
July 28, 2010, 02:10 AM
I looked at the link... it 16 bells mean a new year... maybe this is what Oda meant when he said Luffy would no longer be 17...

It's like in the American DC comics... most of the heroes had something called "Year One" and thats when the story changed for the big times...

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 02:11 AM
Oh! I just figured it out... Grove 16... on the Island

Or is that too simple? =/

damane08
July 28, 2010, 02:11 AM

or maybe they wrote it in the newspaper and they found out that way? unless it's a super bell.

that grove 16 comment seems plausible at this point as well, because we have no idea what it means.

Flosch
July 28, 2010, 02:13 AM
I don't think it will be the high profile supernova, like Kid, Law, and Bonnie (who seems to have a lot of backstory to her). Drake and the voodoo guy also seems to have a lot of story in the future. But it could be Drake. Who knows (we'll find out in a couple of days anyway).

I agree to this statement. Kidd and Law are out of question for me, because from all introduced SNs they were the most elaborated. Like other people here i hope it beging Capone, since he is not that interesting as a character and is, well, expendable.

Sengoku was appearing to be very disgusted about the cover up of the escape prisoners. Plus, the whole Blackbeard fiasco was all caused by the government, don't know whose decision it was although Sengouku appear to never seemed to like the idea of Shichibukai. The whole war was almost part of Blackbeard's plan. Blackbeard is younger and more evil than Whitebeard. Whatever executing Ace, an adopted son of his friend, was supposed to accomplish (peace?), it more than missed the mark. If anything it makes the sea more dangerous.

One thing, it's kind of weird that Sengoku is resigning AS marineford is under attack by Luffy. There's something strange about that.

... I'll be disappointed if his replacement is Akainu. Both in logic (the most unreasonably ruthless of all admirals, why should he get promoted, for killing Ace?), and in principle. The guy is a logia. Logia fruit user are always fun to watch. But to me, there're people who are more powerful than them and cancel out their power. People like Garp, Whitebeard, Shank, and Rayleigh.

/sign to most parts again. Sengoku definitely appeared to be someone with strict values and norms up to this point in the story. We also know that he does not like the way things were handled at the war. But do you resign because of that? In such a situation?
I mean, come on, WBs death has left a big space and everyone is saying the world will change. This implies that there may be a lot of ruckus out on the sea and especially then the world would need a good organizated marine with a strong leader. Regarding the after effects of the war it just does not seem completey logical to me that Sengoku is resigning now. There has to be more behind that. Some information which is not reveiled yet.

About his most likely replacement: Is it always the fact, that one of the admirals becomes the next fleet admiral? Anyone has detailed information about that?
I do not want to see Aikanu as fleet admiral but we have to admit that in his actions he comes closest to "what the WG wants the marine to do". He has clear beliefs and executes them no matter what. Maybe the WG is thinking that this is they guy they need right now.

One thing comes to my mind right now, do you think it is possible that the WG made Sengoku give up his position? That it was not his own decision.

docking6
July 28, 2010, 02:16 AM
From the Wiki article linked:
At midnight on New Year's Eve sixteen bells would be struck - eight bells for the old year and eight bells for the new.

So if that's the meaning, they have about 6 months until they meet still? Since Oda stated the ID/MF arc was luffy's last at 17 and his bday is may 5th.

oh and hello, first post.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 02:16 AM
Grove 1-29: A lawless area where pirates and bounty hunters run amok

Makes sense that Grove 16 would be the meeting place then don't you think?

SirenVixen
July 28, 2010, 02:17 AM
One thing comes to my mind right now, do you think it is possible that the WG made Sengoku give up his position? That it was not his own decision.

It says that Sengoku resigns. Usually the word "resign" means that it was of the person's own decision, however that could just be a front and he actually was removed. I'm not sure why he would be removed though, he did not really do anything wrong while like several people have said, he was disgusted that the WG covered up the escape of the Lvl. 6 prisoners.

ScratchmenApoo
July 28, 2010, 02:17 AM
i like that idea and man does he look badass, i don't remember him being one of the Gorousei so where the hell has he been this entire time? what rank does he hold at this point?

Yeah that guy could be Kong. Maybe he had retired from all the troubles of being a Marine ?
When Sengoku was an admiral and Kong was the fleet admiral 22+ years ago, maybe Kong did something wrong (or the other way, didn't do anything) so Sengoku got promoted into his place and that made Kong want to quit ?
Just speculation...
It's a shame the pictures only load up to 20-30% for me... :|

Flosch
July 28, 2010, 02:22 AM
Same here. Are you using Google Chrome?

It is the same for me, using firefox.

About what you said to "resigning". You are absolutely right by the meaning of the word. But how often does it happen that someone tells the public he is resigning, when in truth he was forced to quit.

Maybe from the 20-30% pictures we can conclude that Sengoku is talking to some other marine (is it Kong?). That could be the scene where it is brought near to sengoku to let his title go...

still like you i cannot see the motivation behind it, only maybe that his way of doing things doesnt fit with the understanding of the gourusei and the wg.

SirenVixen
July 28, 2010, 02:28 AM
pictures do not load up for me either. So we just have to wait for someone to post new pics probably.

Oh, that sucks... And wow, EVERYONE Vice Admiral and up confirmed to have Haki? I would like to know how much they have and how much control they have over it because otherwise Kizaru probably would have done damage to Marco.

chrome FTW man, but i went to the source site and it's the same thing there.

Yeah I just tried it on Firefox, same thing. And yeah Chrome FTW. :amuse
[hr]

still like you i cannot see the motivation behind it, only maybe that his way of doing things doesnt fit with the understanding of the gourusei and the wg.

Even if he had different views I doubt he would express them enough to do something to get himself taken from his position. Most likely he would leave himself. And welcome to the site. :tem

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 02:30 AM
And wow, EVERYONE Vice Admiral and up confirmed to have Haki? I would like to know how much they have and how much control they have over it because otherwise Kizaru probably would have done damage to Marco.

I thought they already said that or at least hinted towards that? Oh well now we have that confirmed and we already know that Luffy is weaker than the avarage Vice-admiral so he's got a lot to do. Brandnew is cool, wish we could see him in action.

shluffy
July 28, 2010, 02:30 AM
For them to tell Coby that all Vice-Admirals and above have haki, it could mean he's getting promoted to Vice-Admiral..

urlaub
July 28, 2010, 02:31 AM
Omg, this is the fashionable Luffy that Vivi is talking about. What is so fashionable about it??? My guess is that he is paying respect for Ace in that picture. Calm like a bomb in the middle of the battle. And that is crazy doing battle after the war so soon. At least I thought there is gonna be some more damage results etc. But who knew.

damane08
It is the same for me, using firefox.

About what you said to "resigning". You are absolutely right by the meaning of the word. But how often does it happen that someone tells the public he is resigning, when in truth he was forced to quit.

Maybe from the 20-30% pictures we can conclude that Sengoku is talking to some other marine (is it Kong?). That could be the scene where it is brought near to sengoku to let his title go...

while i understand that they might've forced him to quit.... i just don't see why. they managed to kill Ace and WB, so they did what they were supposed to do. on the other hand i don't see a good enough reason for him to quit either. but we only see and know very little about the whole situation so there could be more that we just don't know about.

omegakai
luffy attack Marineford o.O, that would be something really reckless especially only 3 week after you just left there half dead, and i would like to see what the supernovas are doing in the new world. BB taking out a super nova seem kinda weird for what purpose would that be need i figured he would have focused on continuing his plans for the new world. Rather that BB i would have like for them to finally reveal the level 6 criminal that escape but where not with BB.

PaPiPuPePo~
July 28, 2010, 02:32 AM
NOOOOOO sengoku D:
mooi
the new fleet admiral
i know who will it be Akainu i think XD

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 02:35 AM
eh, sengoku had to go. akainu saved his incompetent ass. i predict a bust up with garp though

i cant believe blackbeard took out bonney though. luffy's plan seems like a good one too

Shachida
July 28, 2010, 02:37 AM
Omg, this is the fashionable Luffy that Vivi is talking about. What is so fashionable about it??? My guess is that he is paying respect for Ace in that picture. Calm like a bomb in the middle of the battle. And that is crazy doing battle after the war so soon. At least I thought there is gonna be some more damage results etc. But who knew.
Maybe she was talking about his bandages?

Also that guy who said coby might have haki has been redeemed? I think that was on this forum.

SirenVixen
I thought they already said that or at least hinted towards that? Oh well now we have that confirmed and we already know that Luffy is weaker than the avarage Vice-admiral so he's got a lot to do. Brandnew is cool, wish we could see him in action.

He's weaker than the average Vice-Admiral? I thought Lucci was one of the top Vice-Admirals? We can't really judge Luffy based on during the war when he fought the VA. He fought about 3 at once, plus he was trying to rush to Ace, plus he was already banged up.

Edit: And I'm not sure if they were hinted to have Haki. Everyone seemed to believe it to be logical because they are powerful.

damane08
what i'm curious about now; what the hell kind of haki does Cobi have? Luffy's haki is top of the food chain and even he doesn't hear people in his head, what kind of haki does cobi have? If i remember correctly a while back people were assuming that Cobi might have somewhat the same ability that Roger had (of course i was against the idea) but it doesn't seem so impossible to me now.

Lyn685
So Coby really has haki? Omg, thats so awesome!

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 02:38 AM
It can't be Kong, cause he was Fleet Admiral more than 20 years ago. And he was deffinetly older than Sengoku or Garp. And this guy is too young.

Yes... and everyone from Vice Admiral rank and above has Haki. It's really interesting. So Luffy has to develop it. And also Koby has to do it to become strong Marine.:)

what i'm curious about now; what the hell kind of haki does Cobi have?
I think Koby has the weakest type, which mostly based on mantra. So he can hear and predict better than use it in offensive. It's my guess.

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2010, 02:40 AM
I looked at the link... it 16 bells mean a new year... maybe this is what Oda meant when he said Luffy would no longer be 17...

It's like in the American DC comics... most of the heroes had something called "Year One" and thats when the story changed for the big times...
Nah, At times like this I wonder why would Luffy ring the bells for a new year

Oh! I just figured it out... Grove 16... on the Island

Or is that too simple? =/

Sounds very likely, although if it turns out to be true, I m not sure that Luffy was the one that came up with the idea xD

as for the spoiler in general, looks very likely to me ... Luffy`s part would explain Choppers reaction ("Again"), Zoro confused make sense, BlackBeard kicking a supernova`s a$$ ... hmm ... why not? if he was in his way ...

damane08
July 28, 2010, 02:41 AM
looking at the new picture; who the hell did Kidd just take out? damn this guy evil-cool. he has the guy strapped up with a sword and a nail through him and look at his face. looks he is enjoying himself.

Xerous
July 28, 2010, 02:42 AM
I'm not surprised i always thought of coby as luffys Garp.

omegakai
July 28, 2010, 02:43 AM
wow last pic look like kid just rip someone a new one

Shachida
July 28, 2010, 02:43 AM
BB taking out a super nova seem kinda weird for what purpose would that be need i figured he would have focused on continuing his plans for the new world. Rather that BB i would have like for them to finally reveal the level 6 criminal that escape but where not with BB.
I don't think it's weird BB took out Bonnie. Didn't Bonnie set out to find someone? Coulda been BB right? If she attacked him it's only natural he would take her out.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 02:45 AM
what i'm curious about now; what the hell kind of haki does Cobi have? Luffy's haki is top of the food chain and even he doesn't hear people in his head, what kind of haki does cobi have? If i remember correctly a while back people were assuming that Cobi might have somewhat the same ability that Roger had (of course i was against the idea) but it doesn't seem so impossible to me now.

3 Things:

1. Luffy is probably too stupid or oblivious to hear "voices" even if he had Roger's "ability to hear all things"
2. Roger's "ability to hear all things" might not be related to his haokushao haki but instead be another ability, possibly devil fruit or maybe a version of mantra, which means Coby could have picked up mantra and not haki (they have to be seperate things or Enel would have been able to hit Luffy)
3. I'm also wondering if Haki is awakened from exposure to others' Haki, like Nova in Psyren or the whole reiatsu awareness thing in Bleach (as lowly as Bleach is as a series)
For example, Luffy didn't awaken his until exposed to Rayleigh at the auction house, and then showed it after being exposed to it from Margaret shooting arrows/meeting Hancock

Ero-Sanji
He's weaker than the average Vice-Admiral? I thought Lucci was one of the top Vice-Admirals? We can't really judge Luffy based on during the war when he fought the VA. He fought about 3 at once, plus he was trying to rush to Ace, plus he was already banged up.

Edit: And I'm not sure if they were hinted to have Haki. Everyone seemed to believe it to be logical because they are powerful.

Okey, Now I remember Luffy did face 3 at once and Lucci was at that level but they have something he didn't and that is Haki. So a skilled Vice admiral could mean trouble for Luffy. Now I really want a marine battle against the straw hats.

http://img201.imageshack.us/i/586810.jpg/

What's up with this?
Kid is the personification of a true Pirate, freedom loving but cruel.

damane08
looking at the new pictures again; it looks like they are going to raise luffy's bounty, either that or they're just talking about him but it looks like the same set-up where he got his first bounty.

omegakai
July 28, 2010, 02:47 AM
I don't think it's weird BB took out Bonnie. Didn't Bonnie set out to find someone? Coulda been BB right? If she attacked him it's only natural he would take her out.

you know i didnt even think of that. Reason being i thought for sure she would be one of those character that the crew would run into again, and i thought when she said that, she was referring to luffy since she kinda acted like she had it out for them when zoro try to attack the WN and when luffy knock a WN at the auction house.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 02:48 AM
I'm not surprised i always thought of coby as luffys Garp.
I think Smoker is Luffy's Garp. And Coby in fact can be on Luffy's side when he finds One Piece and will come to overthrow the WG.

Sounds very likely, although if it turns out to be true, I m not sure that Luffy was the one that came up with the idea xD
It's deffinetly Rayleigh's great plan;)

sugarwaterpurple
July 28, 2010, 02:49 AM
Is it just me noticing this, or does LUFFY HAVE A TATTOO

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 02:50 AM

Yes, definitely Raleigh's plan, since he was the one suggesting a plan to Luffy a couple of chapters ago

damane08
July 28, 2010, 02:51 AM
3 Things:

1. Luffy is probably too stupid or oblivious to hear "voices" even if he had Roger's "ability to hear all things"
2. Roger's "ability to hear all things" might not be related to his haokushao haki but instead be another ability, possibly devil fruit or maybe a version of mantra, which means Coby could have picked up mantra and not haki (they have to be seperate things or Enel would have been able to hit Luffy)
3. I'm also wondering if Haki is awakened from exposure to others' Haki, like Nova in Psyren or the whole reiatsu awareness thing in Bleach (as lowly as Bleach is as a series)
For example, Luffy didn't awaken his until exposed to Rayleigh at the auction house, and then showed it after being exposed to it from Margaret shooting arrows/meeting Hancock

Actually that's not the case, the first time Luffy showed his haki was before he met Rayleigh..... right here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/16/)

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2010, 02:52 AM
"Doc: Power known as "haki"... it's one of those, for sure.
It most likely awakened in you from impact in the battle.
It's normally awakened through long term training...

Coby: Hey, I don't understand it well either!!"

Bullshits -_-;
Remember Luffy`s punch? that is what awakened the beast inside of you (Coby) :noworry

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 02:54 AM
Actually that's not the case, the first time Luffy showed his haki was before he met Rayleigh..... right here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/16/)

Hmm, I stand corrected, but then the triggering event could be when Shanks scared off the Sea-King? Maybe Luffy was too young to have it awakened in him then.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 02:54 AM
looking at the new pictures again; it looks like they are going to raise luffy's bounty, either that or they're just talking about him but it looks like the same set-up where he got his first bounty.
Yes, I'm thinking he rerally can get greater bounty, because now WG and Navy can't ignore him for attacking Marineford second time and assosiating with Rayleigh.:)

3. I'm also wondering if Haki is awakened from exposure to others' Haki, like
Mantra is normally a part of Haki. Boa's sisters showed it.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 03:00 AM
How can mantra be a part of Haki but one of the most proficient practitioners of it (Eneru) can't manage to damage Luffy?

Spike Spiegel
July 28, 2010, 03:03 AM
I hope eneru is on that island x)

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 03:04 AM
How can mantra be a part of Haki but one of the most proficient practitioners of it (Eneru) can't manage to damage Luffy? He developed only this part of Haki and also Luffy was his natural counter in DF powers.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 03:05 AM
How can mantra be a part of Haki but one of the most proficient practitioners of it (Eneru) can't manage to damage Luffy?

Easy, he can only control that part of it. When Luffy knocks somebody out he doesn't get the power to cancel out their fruit because he hasn't mastered that yet.

This chapter amazed me, how does Oda pull it off? He managed too squeeze in the marines, the strawhats, the Novas and even BB. I love this manga:D

Smoker's and Aokiji's small talk seems interesting but I want to see Kong(if it is him) and Sengoku the most.

That would be fantastic, my favorite villain showing up again. It's also not that far fetched either since Uruoge also has down pointing wings indicating that he's from Bilkia the island Enel destroyed.

Shachida
July 28, 2010, 03:07 AM
Enel could have been so confident in his devil fruit that he never bothered to find out any other use for haki?

Jorge D. Dragon
Smoker's and Aokiji's small talk seems interesting but I want to see Kong(if it is him) and Sengoku the most.
I think they can be talking about Luffy))) And Smiker seems to be annoyed with Luffy)
About that man... he can't be Kong:) He is too young:)

damane08

i'm looking at it like what the hell is with tht picture, seems like there is lightning coming down on the island in the last spoiler pic.

Bertosch
July 28, 2010, 03:08 AM

Actually he did damage Luffy by hitting him. He couldnt harm him with his lightnings but as a matter of fact Haki couldnt change anything about the fact that rubber resists electro shocks.

Maybe Garp will take the position of fleet admiral because he realizes that is was all his fault didnt take enough care of Luffy!

damane08
July 28, 2010, 03:10 AM
I think they can be talking about Luffy))) And Smiker seems to be annoyed with Luffy)
About that man... he can't be Kong:) He is too young:)

not really it's definitely possible, you're saying that because you're assuming that he was old when he was fleet admiral. which might not be the case. look at sengoku, he is about the same age as garp and he looks so much younger than he does.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 03:13 AM
It would be great to see him in action again)))

Actually he did damage Luffy by hitting him. He couldnt harm him with his lightnings but as a matter of fact Haki couldnt change anything about the fact that rubber resists electro shocks.
But he hit him with a golden staff, not with his body:)
[hr]

not really it's definitely possible, you're saying that because you're assuming that he was old when he was fleet admiral. which might not be the case. look at sengoku, he is about the same age as garp and he looks so much younger than he does.
But you know... anyway, it was more than 20 years ago, so he can't look so young. He looks like Ao Kiji or even younger.:)

Maybe Garp will take the position of fleet admiral because he realizes that is was all his fault didnt take enough care of Luffy!
It would be great, though Akainu can become new Fleet Admiral and it would be a bad change in the Marines, cause he is too harsh.

damane08
July 28, 2010, 03:14 AM
in the newest pic it seems that Luffy is going somewhere, i wonder if it's SA? it can't be that he's coming back from marineford because he's in the Kuja ship and they would immediately know that Boa is associating herself with him, which is bad for AL.

so luffy is going somewhere....

He does look really young so i understand what you mean but if Oda wants to make it so..... nothing we can do. it still might not be him, we didn't see the whole pic, we just kinda assumed so it's still up in the air.

actually someone posted the pic again and he does look pretty old to me after really looking at it again.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 03:15 AM
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab108/ddog892/trytryh.jpg?t=1280300055

This guy could likely be at his 60s or even 70s. But remember Garp was old even 22+ years ago his hair was turning gray/white. He seemed to be older than both Roger and Sengoku so him being oldr than Kong isn't unbelievable as well. However the guy at the pic seems older than Sengoku to me.

jourrel
July 28, 2010, 03:16 AM
Because of what happened, i guess BB wants attention from WG. But Who in the SN was deafeated? This is just getting better and better!

urlaub
July 28, 2010, 03:16 AM
well Luffy may just be coming from marejoa? or who knows. The incident probably shows that there were no big forces present at that moment in Maerjoa. At least not so strong enemies that Rayleigh couldn't handle with Jimbei.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 03:17 AM
in the newest pic it seems that Luffy is going somewhere, i wonder if it's SA? it can't be that he's coming back from marineford because he's in the Kuja ship and they would immediately know that Boa is associating herself with him, which is bad for AL.
It's really interesting, but I expect him coming to Sabondy archipelgo, cause he has to find his crewmates.:) And he also has to train Haki as I think, so he can also come to Amazon Lily to train under Rayleigh or Boa.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 03:17 AM

That makes no sense, when Blackbeard was hit by Haki he couldn't use his fruit at all and turned into a normal human, same for Akainu, who couldn't transform, it stands to reason that Luffy wouldn't be rubber anymore. Even when he was fighting the snake sisters, he got hurt by Haki and was wondering how he could get hurt by blows when he's made of rubber. When did it become generally accepted that mantra is related to Haki?

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 03:20 AM
Ero-Sanji Sorry))) I didn't see this picture. I thought you were talking about another one) My bad:)

When did it become generally accepted that mantra is related to Haki?
Sisters Boa performed Haki on Luffy:
1. They managed to hurt him with it and Luffy was surprised.
2. They predicted his movements with mantra like Enel did.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 03:22 AM
If 2. is true then why were blows being exchanged during the war? With all of the people who were fighting in possession of Haki, there should be no blows being landed at all between anyone. Whitebeard, whose haki must be very well refined, should have been able to avoid all of the attacks from the marines, admirals, and blackbeard pirates.

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2010, 03:23 AM
$hit!!! is it realy Enel? I hope so ... his DF is amazing XD

btw, in this pic can someone see if the bounty is the same?? :o
http://a.imageshack.us/img85/6317/73091851.jpg

kidopitz27
July 28, 2010, 03:27 AM
its is still in 9 digit bounty and what the hell coby learned? or learning haki or awakened his haki thats a surprise but luffy will pawn him hahahahaha

Jorge D. Dragon
If 2. is true then why were blows being exchanged during the war? With all of the people who were fighting in possession of Haki, there should be no blows being landed at all between anyone. Whitebeard, whose haki must be very well refined, should have been able to avoid all of the attacks from the marines, admirals, and blackbeard pirates.
As I said, they can be trained differently. And also Boa'ssisters couldn't avoid Luffy's movements, when he entered his gear second. So different people also have different level of Haki.

Black Lagoon
It would be great if it is Enel))
I can't see the bounty number, but I think it has 10 numbers:)

Bertosch
That makes no sense, when Blackbeard was hit by Haki he couldn't use his fruit at all and turned into a normal human, same for Akainu, who couldn't transform, it stands to reason that Luffy wouldn't be rubber anymore. Even when he was fighting the snake sisters, he got hurt by Haki and was wondering how he could get hurt by blows when he's made of rubber. When did it become generally accepted that mantra is related to Haki?

I dont think that Mantra has to be related with Haki... It could be two different things. Until Oda confirms i am going to handle it that way!

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 03:29 AM
Ero-Sanji Sorry))) I didn't see this picture. I thought you were talking about another one) My bad:)

No probs:p

Shiet, Kid just rose to become my second favorite character by that stance and action. It's also good to see that neither Uruoge nor Kid was hurt by BB. Now I'm just hoping that Law, Basil and X are okey.

jourrel
July 28, 2010, 03:31 AM

Sisters Boa performed Haki on Luffy:
1. They managed to hurt him with it and Luffy was surprised.
2. They predicted his movements with mantra like Enel did.

Oh yeah. Then that small kid in skypiea has also haki. Maybe mantra is another color of haki. .And i also want to know how much luffy's recent bounty is.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 03:34 AM
I'm thinking that in this or the next chapter Luffy will deffinetly get a new bounty, cause we know he deserved it))
Also I'm expecting some Haki training to make Luffy significantly stronger.:))) It would be also great for Zoro to master it;)

jourrel
July 28, 2010, 03:37 AM
I'm thinking that in this or the next chapter Luffy will deffinetly get a new bounty, cause we know he deserved it))
Also I'm expecting some Haki training to make Luffy significantly stronger.:))) It would be also great for Zoro to master it;)

I have the idea that the Asura technique of Zoro is a form haki. Although Zoro's Haki may not be king colored

Sachsenhesse
July 28, 2010, 03:39 AM
No probs:p

Shiet, Kid just rose to become my second favorite character by that stance and action. It's also good to see that neither Uruoge nor Kid was hurt by BB. Now I'm just hoping that Law, Basil and X are okey.

it seems capone gang bege is gonna get pwned from him

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2010, 03:39 AM
Then it would be like two Sharingan users against each other (Genjutsu)
S1 : You fell in my trap
S2 : Haha, what a fool, it was just an illusion hahah ... you are the one that fell right into my trap
S1 : haha ...
S2 : haha ...
I guess it`ll be like that :s

Black Lagoon
It would be great if it is Enel))
I can't see the bounty number, but I think it has 10 numbers:)

Yeah Enel is awesome
After taking another close look at it I think it`s still the same, I can barely see a "3" (Like his current 300.000.000)

damane08
July 28, 2010, 03:41 AM
well... capone still seems to be alive but what the hell was up with that weird ass picture? i wonder if it's a location in Fishman island?

I take that back, something is coming out of the sky man. it seems like it's flying.

urlaub
July 28, 2010, 03:45 AM
Well if that ship like thing is BB somehow, then it is Bege who got owned. But I doubt it. I suspect the one who got owned was bonney or Drake.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 03:46 AM
it seems capone gang bege is gonna get pwned from him

It's seems as if his boat is about to get crushed by something. Could it be that I was right to think that San Juan was their boat and that he actually can travel on water by just walking?

I mean "Colossal Battleship" is a hint to either water traveling or amazing strength or maybe both?

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 03:46 AM
I have the idea that the Asura technique of Zoro is a form haki. Although Zoro's Haki may not be king colored
Yes, it can be like you are saying.:) But in fact I'm thinking that Zoro would use Haki to cover his swords in future:)

After taking another close look at it I think it`s still the same, I can barely see a "3" (Like his current 300.000.000)
That's a bit dissapointing, though I'm still thinking that he will get new bounty in this or in the next chap:)

damane08
July 28, 2010, 03:49 AM
It's seems as if his boat is about to get crushed by something. Could it be that I was right to think that San Juan was their boat and that he actually can travel on water by just walking?

I mean "Colossal Battleship" is a hint to either water traveling or amazing strength or maybe both?

i like this idea but what the hell are those things on the bottom of it? they kinda resemble suction cups imo. but i like th idea that he's a ship and it does look like Capone got taken out (crushed) so that would make a lot of sense considering what we know

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2010, 03:52 AM
well... capone still seems to be alive but what the hell was up with that weird ass picture? i wonder if it's a location in Fishman island?

I take that back, something is coming out of the sky man. it seems like it's flying.

What picture?
If you mean the one in which Luffy is shown sleeping, I think he was just trying to have some sleep before entering the Marineford and looks like the ladies the warrior ladies from Amazon Lily are going to, which obviously mean that Boa is there as well.
[hr]

That's a bit dissapointing, though I'm still thinking that he will get new bounty in this or in the next chap:)

Hey ... Hey! don`t say that :P I`m sure that they are negotiating his new bounty, and that`s why almost everyone is upset.

damane08
July 28, 2010, 03:55 AM
What picture?
If you mean the one in which Luffy is shown sleeping, I think he was just trying to have some sleep before entering the Marineford and looks like the ladies the warrior ladies from Amazon Lily are going to, which obviously mean that Boa is there as well.
<hr noshade size="1">

Hey ... Hey! don`t say that :P I`m sure they are negotiating his new bounty, and that`s why almost everyone is upset.

i meant the picture with that huge thing coming out of the sky, looks like it's going to crush them.

and i'm even more curious about this tattoo i keep hearing about, i heard a few people say that it looks like Luffy has a tattoo but i dont see it.

it seems that even Garp wanted to quit as well and Kong is the World Government Commander-in-Chief, so that explains where has been this entire time. I can sorta understand why Garp wanted to quit but I don't see a good enough reason for Sengoku to quit (granted there might be more to the situation than we know)

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2010, 03:59 AM
Apparently, it`s the one in his right arm
take a look
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o194/SlashNMA/577780.jpg

Myrmidonas
July 28, 2010, 04:04 AM

they may could predict the attacks,but they were unable to avoid them just like here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/520/05/

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 04:06 AM
Then it's confirmed, ex-fleet admiral Kong leading the different factions of the WG as commander-in-chief perhaps he's even the one leading the army that Dragon is rallying his army against.

It also says that BB has already taken one out so it should mean that what the nova's are doing right now is actually before the actions of Luffy.

The Closet Pervert
July 28, 2010, 04:06 AM
Ah...it was a funeral ritual Luffy did? Or, so it seems in the eyes of outsiders :) I guess strawhats will know what it means.

OdaForPresident
July 28, 2010, 04:08 AM
I'm just at a loss for words...so much story development is on heard off in the manga.

Now that coby is getting haki training, Luffy's training can't be far off.

mlinko
July 28, 2010, 04:09 AM
If every stronger character is having some kind of haki. That means that we can expect that almost every mugiwara will have somekind of haki.

EDIT:- Next time we see Helmeppo will have haki too, garp and sengoku will train them. They will become one of the strongest mariners in history

Flashig
July 28, 2010, 04:15 AM
maybe rang ruffy the ox bell 16 times with the meaning of the number of the grove on the saboady archipel where the strawshats should meet finally!

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 04:16 AM
blackbeard is going after kaidou?

edit:nm. bege is dead!

damane08
July 28, 2010, 04:20 AM
so capone was crushed and unless more than one supernova has been taken out we can assume that the one BB took out was Capone. and now i'm seriously wondering just how damaged Frankie really is. Seems like Brownbeard is no more....

bittman
July 28, 2010, 04:20 AM
Loving the look of this chapter. Between the Supernova's asskicking and kickingass, Luffy, Gorousei, Sengoku + Garp, Coby haki and Smoker+Aokoji chatting I don't know what I'm most looking foward too in this chapter.

Oh right, probably Brownbeard being a nobody because some people thought he was a somebody.

Actually Coby's development is probably the greatest of the chapter. Now I don't like Coby at all, but the voice of all things he went through I thought was a mantra hint, yet it was actually a haki hint. Are we witnessing here a new type of haki, since we've seen no indication in Luffy that he could hear/feel others prescence, or is it just something that Coby has become particularly sensitive to because his actual battle strength is miles beneath the common haki user?

So though I'm not interested in Coby as a character, I'm interested in Oda's plans for him.

Placing bets now on Aokoji being the new Fleet Admiral.

EDIT: And on Capone, I wouldn't write him off yet. Sure, looks crushed, but perhaps this was Oda's hint of a future event/enemy/thing for Luffy to come across.

senewe
July 28, 2010, 04:21 AM
My theory is probably right. Marine is not the only force WG has. at least we know Kong is WG Commander in chief. it is like Minister of Defence. they also got, airforce, and army.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 04:23 AM
blackbeard is going after kaidou?

edit: supernova that ot taken out has to be bonney. she said she was going after BB

Not really, what she did say is that "that guy was responsible, head for the NW". BB was still in Marineford at that moment so I don't think she meant BB. The latest spoiler trans also confirmed that it was Bege that got crushed by BB's darkness. Which is great since he wasn't that entertaining.

Hawkins and Kid are badass and both of them start of their trip in the New world by kicking pirate butt.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 04:24 AM
It is really great to see Luffy in such an action. He performed a great funeral ceremony.
I also liked that Smoker wants to go to the New World to go after Luffy and to become stronger.:)

And yes, it is Kong.:) Commander-in-chief of all WG Army forces.:) He should be the toughest guy in their Army. And that's a pity that both Sengoku and Garp resigned. I wonder who will become their replacements. One of the Admirals will be promoted to the Fleet Admiral and I think it will be Akainu and one of the Rear Admirals will become Vice Admiral.:)

nehhmo
July 28, 2010, 04:24 AM
Hawkins: I'm sorry, can you repeat that? I couldn't hear you well.
Brownbeard: I said, I am BROWNBEARD! The almight Brownbeard, with bounty of 80 million!!!
Remember my name!! This is MY territory!!
Hawkins: Oh, I see. Your name is so stupid, I thought I heard you wrong.
Let me tell you two things.... first, I hate jokes.
Brownbeard: Joke!?
Hawkins: And second.... I see death in your future.

Haha i love Mihawk. :D

d3ad3r
July 28, 2010, 04:29 AM
It is really great to see Luffy in such an action. He performed a great funeral ceremony.
I also liked that Smoker wants to go to the New World to go after Luffy and to become stronger.:)

And yes, it is Kong.:) Commander-in-chief of all WG Army forces.:) He should be the toughest guy in their Army. And that's a pity that both Sengoku and Garp resigned. I wonder who will become their replacements. One of the Admirals will be promoted to the Fleet Admiral and I think it will be Akainu and one of the Rear Admirals will become Vice Admiral.:)

Aokiji is now Fleet Admiral.

mlinko
July 28, 2010, 04:33 AM
maybe rang ruffy the ox bell 16 times with the meaning of the number of the grove on the saboady archipel where the strawshats should meet finally!

Maybe he just did that to honor the Ace

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 04:37 AM
I didn't see it on spoilers, so why are you so sure about it?)

nehhmo

That's Basil Hawkins, not Mihawk:)

Flosch
July 28, 2010, 04:37 AM

Where did you get this information from? Have i missed some parts?

Overall, i am at loss of words for the chapter. So many things covered, great funeral ceremony, mysterious message (i am really no friend of the groove 16 theory, sounds too easy) and lots of story parts from all the characters.

all in all: great work!

The Closet Pervert
July 28, 2010, 04:41 AM
The so-called cam raw is only a compilation of pictures seen this far....missing parts are still missing! :(

urlaub
July 28, 2010, 04:44 AM
I cant believe either that Bege was crushed by darkness. Its just a foreshadow of future enemy for SHs.

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 04:44 AM
Not really, what she did say is that "that guy was responsible, head for the NW". BB was still in Marineford at that moment so I don't think she meant BB. The latest spoiler trans also confirmed that it was Bege that got crushed by BB's darkness. Which is great since he wasn't that entertaining.

yeah. i just saw that

Bege was a pretty shit character but his devil fruit was awesome.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 04:52 AM
Where did you get this information from? Have i missed some parts?

Overall, i am at loss of words for the chapter. So many things covered, great funeral ceremony, mysterious message (i am really no friend of the groove 16 theory, sounds too easy) and lots of story parts from all the characters.

all in all: great work!

Agreed, Oda really proved his genius with this chapter.

It's kind of funny how Bege is already out. We didn't even get to know his power I guess Oda will provide us with that info on the next Databook. Btw what would Uruoge need an umbrella for? I sure hope Enel and him get to meet one another though. I'm really interested in how Bilkia got destroyed and how Uruoge escaped it.

However I'm not sure if I like the marine changes. I mean I know that Aokiji will be the new Sengoku and Garp will be followed by Smoker. Though I would have liked to see them fight a little more so that we could have got a little more intel of them power wise. However with Garp out of the way Luffy and Dragon will be able to fight the WG/Marines without guilt and hesitation.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 04:57 AM
I don't think that Smoker now has room to become Vice Admiral, cause he doesn't have Haki, so it would be a problem for him fighting even Kuja Pirates, excluding Boa and her sisters (cause I think they are too powerful for him). And as I can understand they are damn powerful. We saw Momonga performing not only a swordsplay, but also Rokushiki, so we can admit that he is a very strong fighter.:)
And now Marines are weakened without Sengoku and Garp and also without the help of 3 Shichi, so Dragon can make his move.;)

OdaForPresident
July 28, 2010, 05:04 AM
So Kong, the former Fleet admiral, is now the leader of the elder stars.

Guess all those old bastards must be pretty strong, probably all former top tier marines.

EDIT: Aokiji als the next fleet admiral. I was hoping for that. The marines would be real sob's if they made Kizaru the next fleet admiral.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 05:08 AM
^ It's not about power alone that he will take Garp's seat. It's also his personality which resembles Garp's. They both don't give a damn about their titles and both of them are stronger than what the title suggests. X drake was a Rear admiral but I'm sure Smoker is stronger than him.

Then we have Smokers attitude were he constantly disobeys and insults the higher ups not that different from Garp either. He also has a connection to Aokiji like the one Garp shares with Sengoku. Finally his feuds with Luffy are like the ones Garp and Roger had.

We clearly haven't seen Smoker's true power, yet, as well and even though he lacks Haki(maybe not) he still has a good defense and a magnificent offense against Df users.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 05:25 AM
Ero-Sanji I can't agree with you, cause we sure could see Smokers power and it isn't that great. Not above his rank. He isn't a problem for Hankock with her Haki. And if he had it, we could deffinetly see it. And of coure we didn't see anything from Drake. The only exception... he showed his DF against Pacifista.
Yes, I do think that Smoker has a potential, but not that great (Luffy only needs to learn his Haki to smash him) and also Koby doesn't have that great potential to oppose Luffy in the future.

Shadoguardian
July 28, 2010, 05:35 AM
Interesting. The spoilers state that one of the Supernovas were already taken out by Blackbeard. They've already revealed that Luffy, Kid, Hawkins, Zoro, Urouge, Killer and Capone (for now) are alright. That leaves Bonney, Drake, Apoo and Law. Since Law left later for the New World then the rest of the 11SN's besides the Strawhats, that limits it to Bonny, Drake and Apoo. Personally, I think it might be Apoo.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 05:39 AM
And why you exclude Capone? We saw he was taken out by a enormous large shit with his whole crew, so it can be him who was taken out. But it won't be bad if it was Apoo:)

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 05:52 AM
Ero-Sanji I can't agree with you, cause we sure could see Smokers power and it isn't that great. Not above his rank. He isn't a problem for Hankock with her Haki. And if he had it, we could deffinetly see it. And of coure we didn't see anything from Drake. The only exception... he showed his DF against Pacifista.
Yes, I do think that Smoker has a potential, but not that great (Luffy only needs to learn his Haki to smash him) and also Koby doesn't have that great potential to oppose Luffy in the future.

You can't Judge Smoker's strength due to his struggle with Hancock. I mean she's a power house. She made Momonga kneel before her and she held her own against Sentomaru.

I'm sure Smoker is stronger than X Drake and by the time Luffy has learned Haki Smoker will also get stronger like in the war. Smoker did grow something Luffy himself said, his speed was even with Luffy's thanks to his white launcher.

Smoker's powers are surely above his rank. Lucci was supposed to be average Vice-admiral and he lost to Luffy. Luffy couldn't even hurt Smoker... I know Smoker has a Logia but that is his power, Aokiji would have died if he hadn't had his fruit when he jumped towards Wb.

Cyber34
July 28, 2010, 05:57 AM
Coby may become the type of enemy to Luffy that Garp was to Roger. Enemy's possessing great power but friends beneath the surface. I didn't expect Coby to be used like that. I'm guessing that female supernova that turns people into children and old men was the one who got taken out. She did say something about hunting the one who is to blame for the entire war.

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 05:58 AM
isn't smoker lower ranked than drake was?

i cant see him being a problem for luffy with haki. hell i doubt that drake would last long against luffy now

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 06:08 AM
You can't Judge Smoker's strength due to his struggle with Hancock. I mean she's a power house. She made Momonga kneel before her and she held her own against Sentomaru.

I'm sure Smoker is stronger than X Drake and by the time Luffy has learned Haki Smoker will also get stronger like in the war. Smoker did grow something Luffy himself said, his speed was even with Luffy's thanks to his white launcher.

Smoker's powers are surely above his rank. Lucci was supposed to be average Vice-admiral and he lost to Luffy. Luffy couldn't even hurt Smoker... I know Smoker has a Logia but that is his power, Aokiji would have died if he hadn't had his fruit when he jumped towards Wb.
1. Hancock isn't powerhouse. The only thing why she put Momonga on his knees was because she had a special DF ability, but in combat Momonga surely is stronger.
2. How you can assume that Smoker is stronger than X Drake? We didn't see practically anything from him, though I can admit that Logia is a great power, but it will be easily negated by every Haki user from Kuja or Navy.
3. Where did you see that Lucci was an average Vice Admiral level?:) It was stated that he was strongest in the history of CP9, but it was never stated that he was at the level of Vice Admiral. Also he didn't have Haki, so he obviously couldn't be on their level. They will easily negate his DF abilities with the help of Haki.
4. When Luffy mannage to use his Haoshuku Haki he will wipe him out easily with his strength:)

hy4k

i cant see him being a problem for luffy with haki. hell i doubt that drake would last long against luffy now
I'm thinking that now Luffy is above every Supernova.:)

Cyber34

Coby may become the type of enemy to Luffy that Garp was to Roger. Enemy's possessing great power but friends beneath the surface. I didn't expect Coby to be used like that. I'm guessing that female supernova that turns people into children and old men was the one who got taken out. She did say something about hunting the one who is to blame for the entire war.
In fact, Koby is trash, compared to Luffy. Luffy is already practically in big league, but Koby is only a sregant major. Luffy trashed two shichis, two CP9 members, including Lucci, plenty of Captains and Commanders and becomes stronger every arc drastically. Koby won't make it to oppose him, because it will be absurd.

happy GIN smily
Man... these spoilers are so exciting. i almost wet my pants when i read them.

there is so much in this chapter that i dont even know where to start. this discussion will surely get more than 1000 posts

i will just throw in a few of my thought that came up during reading the spoilers:

first of all it was pretty obvious that if one of the SN fell, it had to be Capone. he is the only expendable SN. all the others are to cool to fall allready.

this Lightning Island reminded me of Enel. maybe he is cleaning that place for his comeback. but that is just one thought

and Franky might not only get a massive bounty rise for blowing up Vegapunks laboratory, he might also get some upgrades. i am allready dreaming of a nude Pacifista with hairy legs

Ero-Sanji

Yes he was but Garp was lower rank than Sengoku and the admirals. Anyway this isn't the right place to discuss this.

happy GIN smily
July 28, 2010, 06:14 AM

Smokers rank does not tell us anything about his strenght. he is a Logia and using Karioseki (hope is spelled that right). So he plays in a whole different league than the other captains.

Flosch

That would be Booney and she was mentioned quite some times already. May be totally possible but we dont know for sure. There are still too many unknown details but it is right that her prior statement indicates something in that direction.

@ Smoker - potential and strength - topic:
Personally i am more on Ero-Sanjis side at this point of the story. Sure, he had no chance against Hancock but that does not make Smoker an easy catch for other pirates. We are talking about Hancock who up to this point in OP can be a real threat to anyone we have seen so far.

Also, why should we have seen Smokers haki already if he posseses it? If he can control it, he can decide when and how to show it. Maybe he was surprised at the war and did not use it because of that.

Or another option, you are right in saying he has no haki but that does not mean he cannot learn it or "awaken" it. He has the potential to be a strong fighter, that is for sure. So the motivation behind his request to be transferred to the new world may be a double bladed sword. On the one hand he wants to keep track of luffy, the other SNs and the upcoming changes in the pirate world. On the other hand he wants to get stronger and compete with them, so he decides to go and mess with the strongest. Where do you find them? new world.

I believe smoker will play some important role in the future, same with coby who seems to develop into one of the top tier fighters of the marine.

kidopitz27
wow so the 16 bell rings mean his era is luffy era nice!

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 06:18 AM
and Franky might not only get a massive bounty rise for blowing up Vegapunks laboratory, he might also get some upgrades. i am allready dreaming of a nude Pacifista with hairy legs
Yes, it would be deffinetly great to see him having some powerful upgrades like laser and more strong body.:)

this Lightning Island reminded me of Enel. maybe he is cleaning that place for his comeback. but that is just one thought
It would be deffinetly great to see him in action again.:)) He will want to become a God again))

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 06:20 AM
Smokers rank does not tell us anything about his strenght. he is a Logia and using Karioseki (hope is spelled that right). So he plays in a whole different league than the other captains.

logia is negated by haki. karioseki is just part of his weapon. a skilled fighter like luffy should be able to avoid it easily

against a haki user drake >>> smoker

sarutobi_sensei
July 28, 2010, 06:21 AM
My God, ge really did attack Marine Ford XD

That guy is completely NUTS!

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 06:26 AM
My God, ge really did attack Marine Ford XD

That guy is completely NUTS!
You bet)) It was really great of him to perform such crazy thing and I think he didn't hesitate to do it when Rayleigh told him about such possibility))

logia is negated by haki. karioseki is just part of his weapon. a skilled fighter like luffy should be able to avoid it easily

Yes, I agree. Practically every skilled Haki user and a bit more than average fighter will deal with Smoker, cause he doesn't have great offensive abilities with his DF.

Fox666
July 28, 2010, 06:30 AM
So it's 100% sure that Akainu will be the new Fleet Admiral. It had been suggested by some users that he would replace Sengoku... and that's for sure now.

By the way... 16?

1. Groove 16
2. Something to do with Nami (bounty)

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 06:38 AM

Haki is not a salvation to everything. Just look at the war, WB has king's haki. Still he got two severe shots at him from Akainu. Aokiji could have finished him of if it weren't for Jozu.

The kujas e.g had the power to amplify their attacks that doesn't mean that they have the power to negate other fruits. If Mantra is Haki then we have lots of people who have Haki but not the ability to cancel fruits.

Smoker will grow with Luffy and by the time Luffy learns to negate other fruits Smoker will have cooked something up as well.

ScorpionGR
July 28, 2010, 06:38 AM
where are the spoilers oeo ?

Yukibaka
July 28, 2010, 06:39 AM
"The meaning of the bell is explained by Killer.
Normally, you ring 8 times at the end of the year.
Then 8 times again at the start of the year.
Ringing the bell total of 16 times is a traditon of the marines."
My theory is time skip of one year.

happy GIN smily
July 28, 2010, 06:40 AM

where did you get that from? i never read that Haki negates Logia...

only Hancocks Kuja Haki could hit Smoker. He was pretty surprised about that. so i dont think that all Haki-users can hit logias

sarutobi_sensei
July 28, 2010, 06:41 AM
16 Times the Bell Rings. 8 Symbolizes the end of the year, 8 more the beginning of the new year.

End of an Era for the Strawhats, beginning of a new one for them.

The meeting place, we don't know that yet, but the SH seem to know it.

I wonder if the Marines attacked Luffy or if they just let him go around causing that trouble xD

Kizaru, Akainu and Aokiji weren't seen fighting him right?

Btw, Commander in Chief of the World Government, we don't know if he has more power than the Gorousei.

vagabond87
3. Where did you see that Lucci was an average Vice Admiral level?:) It was stated that he was strongest in the history of CP9, but it was never stated that he was at the level of Vice Admiral. Also he didn't have Haki, so he obviously couldn't be on their level. They will easily negate his DF abilities with the help of Haki.

Lucci was hurting Rubberman so we cant say that he certainly dont have haki. Maby you cant hurt Luffy without it. I didnt saw anywhere in manga "Lucci is not haki user" so.. Maby haki is best explanation of difference in power of hits between Lucci and rest of CP9.

ScratchmenApoo
So it's 100% sure that Akainu will be the new Fleet Admiral. It had been suggested by some users that he would replace Sengoku... and that's for sure now.

"Sengoku agrees, and Kong says he wants to recommend Aokiji as the next Fleet Admiral."

By the way... 16?

1. Groove 16
2. Something to do with Nami (bounty)

"The meaning of the bell is explained by Killer.
Normally, you ring 8 times at the end of the year.
Then 8 times again at the start of the year.
Ringing the bell total of 16 times is a traditon of the marines.
In other words... the bell is a symbol of ending and starting of an era."

Did you miss these parts ?

I like this chapter. A lot.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 06:51 AM

only Hancocks Kuja Haki could hit Smoker. He was pretty surprised about that. so i dont think that all Haki-users can hit logias
Nor,ally Hanckock can't hit Logia without using Haki and when he used it she negated it and hit his real body and so was with Luffy when he fought her sisters.

Lucci was hurting Rubberman so we cant say that he certainly dont have haki. Maby you cant hurt Luffy without it. I didnt saw anywhere in manga "Lucci is not haki user" so.. Maby haki is best explanation of difference in power of hits between Lucci and rest of CP9.
It was stated in manga that his Doriki (fisical damage from attacks) is 2 times stronger than Kaku's who is the second, that's why he could manage to hit Luffy. He didn't have Haki. He was trained in Rokushiki to that great extent that is all about it.

"Sengoku agrees, and Kong says he wants to recommend Aokiji as the next Fleet Admiral." Thanks a lot.:) It would be great to see AoKiji on this position:))

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2010, 06:58 AM
Commander-in-chief Kong is above Fleet Admiral Sengoku since Marine is only a part of the WG's army but he cannot be above the Gorusei. The Gorusei have been called the highest people of the World Government. Kong is a soldier responsible for the whole army of the World Government whereas the Gorusei is a group of five politician leading the World Government.

EDIT : So it may have been Kong - and not the Gorusei - who asked Doflamingo to kill Moria.

lenetfm
July 28, 2010, 06:59 AM
Man... these spoilers are so exciting. i almost wet my pants when i read them.

there is so much in this chapter that i dont even know where to start. this discussion will surely get more than 1000 posts

i will just throw in a few of my thought that came up during reading the spoilers:

first of all it was pretty obvious that if one of the SN fell, it had to be Capone. he is the only expendable SN. all the others are to cool to fall allready.

ohhhhh yeaaaaaaaah i cant stop thinking about it. a pervert pacifista it would be nice
And for the SN who was taken out is capoon i hope so
and what is the message that Buggy got from the WG

RezzieThaRapper
July 28, 2010, 06:59 AM
Luffy's Era...

Blackbeard is gonna be P'd Off... Didn't he say this was the era of Blackbeard... Honestly, I think Blackbeard read the paper, got mad, started smashing every boat he saw without second thought... Capone was just unlucky to be in the water at that time...

Now... I've been saying it too long now... but Eustace Kidd is a B-A-M-F... I will repeat it just so you know... Kidd is a Bad Azz Mutha F#cka... I still have hopes he'll become an endgamer... He said the new world is a joke while others call it a nightmare... He's a beast...

I'm done with the rant now... lmao

Cyber34
July 28, 2010, 07:04 AM
1. Hancock isn't powerhouse. The only thing why she put Momonga on his knees was because she had a special DF ability, but in combat Momonga surely is stronger.
2. How you can assume that Smoker is stronger than X Drake? We didn't see practically anything from him, though I can admit that Logia is a great power, but it will be easily negated by every Haki user from Kuja or Navy.
4. When Luffy mannage to use his Haoshuku Haki he will wipe him out easily with his strength:)

hy4k

I'm thinking that now Luffy is above every Supernova.:)

Cyber34

In fact, Koby is trash, compared to Luffy. Luffy is already practically in big league, but Koby is only a sregant major. Luffy trashed two shichis, two CP9 members, including Lucci, plenty of Captains and Commanders and becomes stronger every arc drastically. Koby won't make it to oppose him, because it will be absurd.

I know its absurd, but the very idea of Coby possessing potential to use haki at the level of an Admiral/Vice admiral is absurd already.

vagabond87
July 28, 2010, 07:06 AM
It was stated in manga that his Doriki (fisical damage from attacks) is 2 times stronger than Kaku's who is the second, that's why he could manage to hit Luffy. He didn't have Haki. He was trained in Rokushiki to that great extent that is all about it.
I disagree with you. I didnt saw anywhere that rokushiki trained to extreme can go around DF ability. Maby its pure power but we cant be sure. And I didnt write about hitting Luffy but damaging him. He could damage Rubber body. Only sharp objects and Grap were able to do that up to this point in the manga.
I really hope that we saw Enel foreshadowing in this chapter.. Maby its not coincidence that Uroque from Sky Island is the one supernowa who will meet Enel- guy responsible for some big events on sky island earlier.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 07:06 AM
Commander-in-chief Kong is above Fleet Admiral Sengoku since Marine is only a part of the WG's army but he cannot be above the Gorusei. The Gorusei have been called the highest people of the World Government. Kong is a soldier responsible for the whole army of the World Government whereas the Gorusei is a group of five politician leading the World Government.
In fact it would be great to see Kong in action.:) Since he is the commander of the whole army of the WG he should be the strongest fighter among them.:)

Also after the resigning it would be great if Luffy can invite Garp in his crew)) This invitation would be a great joke:) And it would be even funnier if Garp accepts it.:)

Also it would be interesting if Garp joins Revolutionary Army.:) Though I doubt it.

lenetfm
July 28, 2010, 07:07 AM

how you can explain that Borsalino was stoped by The Dark lord in SA ???
it has to be haki or it would be impossible for Luffy to beat Smoker Right ?

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 07:10 AM
I disagree with you. I didnt saw anywhere that rokushiki trained to extreme can go around DF ability. Maby its pure power but we cant be sure. And I didnt write about hitting Reread Water7 arc.:) It was all there.;) Luffy but damaging him. He could damege Rubber body. Only sharp objects and Grap were able to do that up to this point in the manga.
Lucci used Shigan against Luffy. Ans Shigan is like a bullet, but even stronger + Lucci had a power of his own DF which gave him greater power and he stated that Zoans give greater opportunity to train raw fisical power than other fruits.

I know its absurd, but the very idea of Coby possessing potential to use haki at the level of an Admiral/Vice admiral is absurd already.
Yes, so I can't understand why people can say such things about such trash like Coby:) He is a good guy, but deffinetly weakling.:)

SuperShuter
July 28, 2010, 07:18 AM
wow I can't believe Garp and Sengoku actually want to resign. Its like have they only just relised how currupt and evil the marine side untill this war. Sureley they know a little bit of the viod history secretes and they have been marines for a good 30 years atleast. Seems quite niave, and it also looses Garp a bit of credibility as i'm not blaming him but if he wanted to quit the marines he could have helped save ace at the execution, although Garp may be fed up of being the last of his era and doesn't want to crush rookies anymore lmao.

THM Nindo
July 28, 2010, 07:22 AM
Nice!!

1. Finally got to know what was the message.
2. Still unknown, but I'm pretty sure Buggy was asked to be a Shichibukai
3. Aokiji as the new Fleet Admiral? Isn't he the weakest of the three admiral?
4. So, which Supernova died? Capone was engulf into a black ball, so most likely it's him, right?
That's all right, I didn't like him anyway...
5. Coby got Haki... well, at least it will help him stay on the same ground as Luffy! And with Garp traning he could get really good at it...
I think Coby will learn the punch of love from Garp. :tem

BlackHair
July 28, 2010, 07:24 AM
So it may have been Kong - and not the Gorusei - who asked Doflamingo to kill Moria.I agree. With the new revelation of Kong's position it makes the best sense.

Seems like another win chapter this week. Hopefully there is a scanlation today.

Also I know it's offtopic but is there any other online stream site, which has various manga in their disposal as onemanga has?

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 07:28 AM
calling it now.

new schichibukai = buggy, kidd and one other

capone, apoo and possibly urouge wiped out in the new world

Kizaru for fleet admiral (he's not as extreme as akainu nor is he as soft as aokij)

kidopitz27
July 28, 2010, 07:31 AM
a very interesting chapter indeed i think the island with lots of thunder bolts is were enel was born and the old lady giving an umbrella is maybe enels mother or grandmother

coby will learn haki but not kings disposition haki

haki can hurt logia users when WhiteBeards crew hit akainu he said that haki users are nuisance because they can hit logia users so if luffy learns haki or incorporate haki in his GEARS he will hit any logia users

i hope zoro learns haki too to empower his swords not to break maybe or sanji to get his kicks stronger than ever

minimz
July 28, 2010, 07:39 AM
In reference to what was said earlier, I can believe two great forces of the marines resigned, I'm guessing that Sengoku is resigning due to the level 6 incident, seeing as he was so disgusted, and so he's going to catch them, and since Garp didn't exactly show his best side on the war field, he probably never wanted to be in that position again, and is probably going to help Garp.

It also looks like shichibukai is still alive, so if anything, hancock may still be ok. If it really was a sign of Enel back, then, although it may not fit his style, and he's of an unknown threat, his power level is worthy of a warlord... I mean, some people believed he beat Aokiji in some fake spoilers :D

happy GIN smily
July 28, 2010, 07:42 AM
calling it now.

Kizaru for fleet admiral (he's not as extreme as akainu nor is he as soft as aokij)

yeah Kidd could be a candidate for Shichibukai. it looks like he allready started rioting in the New World

and i agree with the three SN who could be expendable
Capone is the lamest and weakest. so i think that nobody would miss him

Apoo is somehow interresting but it feels like he will have a short life.

Urouge is also not very strong compared to the big guys. but he is cool. and i hope that he will make it far

ZZPallando
July 28, 2010, 07:43 AM
Only sharp objects and Grap were able to do that up to this point in the manga.

You forgot the impact dial used by Satori on sky island. Apparently, Luffy can be hurt with raw strength if it is focused on a small area...
Like Lucci's thing with his two fists (rokuougan)...

Anyway, I wonder what happened to Capone... Would that giant ball be BB's ship... ??

ScorpionGR
July 28, 2010, 07:44 AM
until now only crocodile and "robin" comment's fits with the event ... Chopper and vivi maybe they read another news because i can't understand them .. It not sound good to me when 3 people invade the marine ford when there is their home "what the fcuk they don't have alarm there ???" and whitebeard was unable with all the crew and the divisions commanders + new world pirates to do nothing ... Anyway where the hell are the others two vice admiral's ?!

So now the supernovas are trying to take whitebeard territories like is happening with Hawkins .. The one who was taken out from blackbeard was not a supernova but a rookie in a new world
ES1:In the New World, Blackbeard is already on his move.
I heard one of those 100million+ rookie was taken out by him already.
the chapter ends with the old woman offering an umbrella to Urouge ... Who is she .. maybe first mate of Big Mom .... lol

THM Nindo
July 28, 2010, 07:45 AM
Regarding the Shichibukai, they were saying that there was 3 missing spots...
That means that they still consider Hancock and Kuma as Shichibukai...

I really didn't thought that they would fill up the rank any time soon, but with the letter that Buggy got, I'm guessing that was what it was...

So, who could be the other two?
They say it had to be people with a lof of influence...

Fantasy810
July 28, 2010, 07:46 AM
Anyone think that enormous large stone that crush Capone's ship is from the moon ? :D

Zehahaha
July 28, 2010, 07:48 AM
Anyone think that enormous large stone that crush Capone's ship is from the moon ? :D

I think it is BB new ship maybe, the guy must get some flashy ship for his great ego...

THM Nindo
July 28, 2010, 07:49 AM
until now only crocodile and "robin" comment's fits with the event ... Chopper and vivi maybe they read another news because i can't understand them .. It not sound good to me when 3 people invade the marine ford when there is their home "what the fcuk they don't have alarm there ???" and whitebeard was unable with all the crew and the divisions commanders + new world pirates to do nothing ... Anyway where the hell are the others two vice admiral's ?!

What do you mean?
Chopper said «Not again» which fit with the fact that he attacked Marineford again.

Vivi said «Stylish», which could be either metaphoric to the fact that he did with style...
Or she could be talking about Luffy's new tatoo (if there's a picture of him in the news)

So now the supernovas are trying to take whitebeard territories like is happening with Hawkins .. The one who was taken out from blackbeard was not a supernova but a rookie in a new world
ES1:In the New World, Blackbeard is already on his move.
I heard one of those 100million+ rookie was taken out by him already.

... the 100M+ are the Supernovas...
I think that he killed Capone...

c0nflikt
July 28, 2010, 07:49 AM

That'd be very cool, but I doubt it.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 07:50 AM
EDIT : So it may have been Kong - and not the Gorusei - who asked Doflamingo to kill Moria.

Could have been but I doubt it.

I think Kong has to go through the Gorousei if he wants to replace a shichibukai since we saw(or will see) them talking about which pirates are going to take the three empty seats. This should also indicate that Buggy isn't promoted yet, no?

ScorpionGR
July 28, 2010, 07:55 AM
What do you mean?
Chopper said «Not again» which fit with the fact that he attacked Marineford again.

Vivi said «Stylish», which could be either metaphoric to the fact that he did with style...
Or she could be talking about Luffy's new tatoo (if there's a picture of him in the news)

when in the past when luffy was with the crew attacked a marineford ??? i don't remember it or he did a similar thing

... the 100M+ are the Supernovas...
I think that he killed Capone...

in the new world are plenty of new world captain with a bounty higher 100M+
so im talking about the eleven supernovas of grand line

Channy
July 28, 2010, 08:05 AM

The 16 Bells is having something to do with the end of the year and the beginning of the year but Luffy did it to signify a new era

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 08:09 AM
Urouge is also not very strong compared to the big guys. but he is cool. and i hope that he will make it far

urouge is remarkably weak given his size.he's the opposite of drake to me

THM Nindo
July 28, 2010, 08:09 AM
when in the past when luffy was with the crew attacked a marineford ??? i don't remember it or he did a similar thing

Don't you remember the last arc... when Luffy attacked Marineford to save Ace?! :blink

in the new world are plenty of new world captain with a bounty higher 100M+
so im talking about the eleven supernovas of grand line

Yeah, but I don't think all of them are called supernovas...
Every year the Supernovas changes, and this year's Supernovas are the 11 that we know...

So, I'm pretty sure it's one of them (hopefully Capone since I don't like him and his power :tem)

ScorpionGR
July 28, 2010, 08:17 AM
Don't you remember the last arc... when Luffy attacked Marineford to save Ace?! :blink

damn .. my memory is tooo loww .. i think chopper referred to Enies Lobby

damane08
July 28, 2010, 08:20 AM
calling it now.

and i'll say this: there is no way in hell that Kidd would want to be a lap-dog of the government. he went to the new world with the intention of becoming pirate king. who in the world would respect a guy that would seemingly become the world's puppet that turns PK? i know for sure i wouldn't. plus he really has no power to his name and by that i mean other pirates wouldn't fear his name.

Uriel
July 28, 2010, 08:30 AM
Apoo is somehow interresting but it feels like he will have a short life.
Nah, He's a voyeur. He likes to watch. And His ability is not only interesting, but successful. Ok, did not worked out with Kizaru...But who could?

I've faith that Apoo will be one of the Supernovas to remain alive.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 08:35 AM
and i'll say this: there is no way in hell that Kidd would want to be a lap-dog of the government. he went to the new world with the intention of becoming pirate king. who in the world would respect a guy that would seemingly become the world's puppet that turns PK? i know for sure i wouldn't. plus he really has no power to his name and by that i mean other pirates wouldn't fear his name.

Agreed. Kid has a dying will to be Pirate king even killing people who laughed at him. None of the Nova's are willing to become Shichibukai imo, they have all just recently felt the New world and are far from giving up or felling tired of piracy.

I have one question though about the Nova's. East blue and South blue are above and under the Grandline we are used to see. So, Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer and Bonney all traveled that route the same way.

The rest however are from North blue and West blue and those blues surrounds the New world so how come they are at the same part of the Grandline as Luffy and c.o?

toussaintac
July 28, 2010, 08:36 AM
Finally, we find out what happened. I'm surprised that there weren't any really strong people like Vice Admirals or Admirals at Marineford. At least I didn't see any mentioned. Also, Coby awakening his haki was cool. He's definitely on the path to having to take Luffy. Not saying he will, but gaining haki will make him really strong now, especially getting training from Garp.

kill0u
July 28, 2010, 08:40 AM
The rest however are from North blue and West blue and those blues surrounds the New world so how come they are at the same part of the Grandline as Luffy and c.o?

Doesn't change anything, all canals from all of the 4 (E/W/S/N) oceans lead to where laboon is :
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3864/opreversemountainpf9.jpg

kidopitz27
July 28, 2010, 08:41 AM
so if the Tenriyobito elders wants a new shichibukai to be influential maybe GARP and Sengoku will be choosen both of them are now resigned from the marines so maybe they will make them a Shichibukai and buggy too so thats 3 already

OdaForPresident
July 28, 2010, 08:43 AM
I have one question though about the Nova's. East blue and South blue are above and under the Grandline we are used to see. So, Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer and Bonney all traveled that route the same way.

Well if you look at reverse mountain, you can get on it from any of the four oceans, they all have streams that had straight for the top and there is only one way down.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/101/04/

take a look there, it shows the map with reverse mountain in the center.

EDIT: too late i guess.

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 08:44 AM

he's a pretty brutal dude, and his bounty's closing in on doflamingo's. i think it's a bit unfair to say that he has nothing to his name

and i'm not saying he wants to be a shichibukai. it would allow him to get away with all the indiscriminate sluaghter he wants

damane08
July 28, 2010, 08:47 AM
so if the Tenriyobito elders wants a new shichibukai to be influential maybe GARP and Sengoku will be choosen both of them are now resigned from the marines so maybe they will make them a Shichibukai and buggy too so thats 3 already

wouldn't they need to be pirates first?

i've also noticed something else.... why do people want Coby to fight evenly with Luffy in the future? i HATE that idea, the gap between their powers is so huge right now that Coby would have to get exponentially stronger (and with Luffy getting stronger at the same time) i hate the idea of having such a weak person fighting on par with luffy later on.

If Coby manages to catch up to Luffy..... what would that say about Luffy and how much more powerful he became over time? i really don't like that idea.... i prefer smoker in that respect.

DARK
July 28, 2010, 08:49 AM
We can only assume at this point that Luffy going to Marineford again is a flashback and that the Gorousei are still trying to find pirates worthy enough of filling the three seats of the Shichibukai. That means that Buggy hasn't been summoned to the WG yet. Still, interesting chapter.

I'm curious as to what the message Luffy relayed out means, although surprisingly even an Admiral has no idea what it means. I have a feeling it's going to be something very obvious known only to the Straw Hats, except the direction-confused Zoro.

Aww, poor Capone. Seems like he's the one being targeted by Blackbeard.

So Kong, the Fleet Admiral from 20 years ago, hasn't stepped down and is a higher rank known as the Commander General. In other words, Sengoku's superior. So, at the time where Luffy is attacking Marineford, Garp and Sengoku decide to step down. Is Oda trying to spare us fans a chance at a repeat of what happened with Shiki? Destroying half of Marineford in the process?

It's not the Tenryuubito, it's the Gorousei (Five Elder Stars).
The five old man who are seen ruling the World Government.
They are the ones responsible for selecting pirates to become Shichibukai.

damane08
July 28, 2010, 08:52 AM
he's a pretty brutal dude, and his bounty's closing in on doflamingo's. i think it's a bit unfair to say that he has nothing to his name

and i'm not saying he wants to be a shichibukai. it would allow him to get away with all the indiscriminate sluaghter he wants

bounty means nothing here man, look at hawkins and his encounter with Brownbeard. hawkins' bounty is 249 million and yet because brownbeard knew nothing of him he didn't fear him. right now these supernovas' name have no strength (except maybe luffy's after this whole thing and even then i don't think that his name alone can put feat in another strong pirate)

the thing is though; he wants to be pirate king and he seems pretty damn serious about that.

EDIT: and for those people who constantly quote the first thing i said in this post without understanding the context in which it was used..... it's actually pretty annoying.

drzcoyotex3
July 28, 2010, 09:02 AM
too many pictures and not enough translations i need to know what are they saying in the picture,

one of the sn is out nice, i cant believe luffy went back with rayleigh, but then again i wouldnt mind going anywhere with a guy so powerful

RezzieThaRapper
July 28, 2010, 09:07 AM
bounty means nothing here man, look at hawkins and his encounter with Brownbeard. hawkins' bounty is 249 million and yet because brownbeard knew nothing of him he didn't fear him. right now these supernovas' name have no strength (except maybe luffy's after this whole thing and even then i don't think that his name alone can put feat in another strong pirate)

the thing is though; he wants to be pirate king and he seems pretty damn serious about that.

I'm sorry but if you really think bounty means nothing then you may be a bit dillusional... In some cases bounty definitely doesn't mean much, (Blackbeard, Buggy, Hancock) Kidd's bounty is higher than most of the Shichibukai... he said to be known for excessive cruelty... Boa Hancock got her title after a single expedition that earned her a 80 million beri bounty... The only people who come close to his bounty so far are Luffy, Moria, & Doflamingo... and yet you wanna tell me his bounty wouldn't even tempt the WG to ask him... I'm sorry, but the him wanting to be PK won't stop if he became a Shichibukai, look at Moria, Crocodile, Blackbeard... Who else do you know probably has the power to defeat Kuma without touching him (assuming they use actual metal)...

You can do like Drake(the rapper not the pirate) and "thank me later" for this little rant of mine... lmao

hy4k
July 28, 2010, 09:11 AM
bounty means nothing here man, look at hawkins and his encounter with Brownbeard. hawkins' bounty is 249 million and yet because brownbeard knew nothing of him he didn't fear him.

that's just ignorance on brownbeard's part. shakky herself said that kidd, hawkins et al were constantly in the news and it's been stated that the supernovas would be the ones shaping the new era. all but one of the shichibukai had a lower bounty than kidd does right now. he's certainly infamous enough, he's just not strong enough (which isn't surprising given how long the current shichibukai have been milling around)

fair point. if he was to be made a shichibukai he would have to sacrifice any notions of becoming pirate king

i still theink that eventually some of th SN's will become shichibukai. if luffy is to be pk/yonkou, then it fits that his rivals become shichibukai

Bugzee
July 28, 2010, 09:14 AM
Amazing!

I wasn't expecting Luffy & co to go back to Marineford. :XD I want to see the tattoo so badly now. Damn, so all Vice Admirals and above know how to use haki. It'll be interesting to see if Garp actually does teach Coby about it. :tem

Sengoku & Garp resigning!? I was kinda expecting something like that with Sengoku tbh. Aokiji seems to be the that Kong & co would like to succeed Sengoku but I have a feeling that it'll eventually be Akainu who will take the seat.

Any guesses on which Supernova got owned by BB!? Kidd is such a badass.

damane08
July 28, 2010, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry but if you really think bounty means nothing then you may be a bit dillusional... In some cases bounty definitely doesn't mean much, (Blackbeard, Buggy, Hancock) Kidd's bounty is higher than most of the Shichibukai... he said to be known for excessive cruelty... Boa Hancock got her title after a single expedition that earned her a 80 million beri bounty... The only people who come close to his bounty so far are Luffy, Moria, & Doflamingo... and yet you wanna tell me his bounty wouldn't even tempt the WG to ask him... I'm sorry, but the him wanting to be PK won't stop if he became a Shichibukai, look at Moria, Crocodile, Blackbeard... Who else do you know probably has the power to defeat Kuma without touching him (assuming they use actual metal)...

You can do like Drake(the rapper not the pirate) and "thank me later" for this little rant of mine... lmao

*sigh* there is absolutely nothing to "thank you later" for because i wonder if you noticed that i was talking about something very specific? well it obviously seems like you did not notice this....

you know it's interesting but i don't recall myself saying that the WG wouldn't want him to be a shichibukai .... if i remember correctly (and of course i'm being sarcastic here) i said he wouldn't want to be a shichibukai.

BB only wanted his shichibukai status so he could go to impel down and as i said before; any pirate that decides to be the WG dog does not deserve to be PK and I most definitely wouldn't respect that PK.

oh and Drake's album was kinda shit, liked the mixtapes with Wayne much better.

Zehahaha
July 28, 2010, 09:20 AM

Yeah right, no strenght... I don't believe that marines put such a huge bounties on them if they were weak... For the moment, the SN seems to have no problem in the NW (and i'm not surprised, the NW is all but hype, since this war, the NW captains didn't even shine by at least fighting some Shichibukai)

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2010, 09:24 AM

Bounty doesn't say much when choosing a shichibukai since it's the reason behind the bounty that matters I think. BB without a bounty captured Ace and got appointed right away.

DARK
July 28, 2010, 09:25 AM
I want to see the tattoo so badly now.

Tattoos similar to Ace?
I assume this means that Luffy is going to have his name marked on his left arm. That's one of Ace's only known markings on his body, and I can't fathom Luffy doning Whitebeard's symbol on his back.

Any guesses on which Supernova got owned by BB!? Kidd is such a badass.

Right now we can only hint that Capone is being attacked by Blackbeard at this very moment.
The only Supernovas we haven't seen are Law (ever since he left Amazon Lily), Bonney, Apoo, and X. Drake.

VashDaStampede
July 28, 2010, 09:28 AM
With this we've seen reactions/follow up from all sides (excluding a couple of people but they can wait). Now its time to focus in on the Strawhats. :-)

I can definitely see Kidd as a Shichibukai...as well as Buggy. :D

So it usually takes "long term" training to learn Haki...I'm starting to think that Luffy will get stronger but he won't be able to use Haki when he gets to Fishman island. I was thinking there would be a time skip, but since there are already scenes of the other Supernovas in the New World, I don't think Luffy is gonna be far behind. But who knows...

aionaraP
July 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
wow. thats alot of development there indeed.

first off, i kinda agree with you guys that the one BB took out was Capone. that black massive ball could very well be his new ship... oh wait maybe thats SAN JUAN WOLF on battleship mode.

so Kong is the highest ranking man in the WG before the gorusei? i want to see him kick some ass right soon. as for sengoku and garp, they should quit the marines altogether and reject anything that has anything to do with the marines. he should invite coby and helmeppo to embark on a new journey and train somewhere else and maybe they can become some sort of resistance group or join the revolutionaries? sengoku can just drink tea and read newspaper with his pwn goat.

urouge seems to stumble upon an interesting island. i wonder if this will tie up with enel's return hopefully. or it could be enel's home island.. :D

lmao at kidd pwning random fodder pirates in the new world. he should be hunting kaidou's, big mom's or even BB for game.

i still dont get luffy's message what does it have to do with reuniting his crewmates? i mean, he is proclaiming that its his era? how does that help on with their reunion?

and its finally confirmed now that moria is dead despite mihawk's doubting the news chapters ago.. only 4 shichibukai remains: mihawk, doflamingo, kuma and hancock. i hope buggy agrees to be a shichibukai only to be hunted by BB with shanks possibly intervening and saving his former crewmate and getting killed in the end. more chaos to come in the new world! oh yeah!

chess4
July 28, 2010, 09:36 AM
wow so we finally get to see fleet admiral kong. sengoku and garp stepping down. so hawkins is about to take out brownbeard. luffy, rayleigh, and jinbei attack marineford. koby has haki but on a different level it seems, he is on his way.

aokiji for fleet admiral. smoker wants to go to new world. gorousei talking about they need 3 NEW SHICHIBUKAI and the possibility of BB being the new yonkou. seems like capone was taken out by blackbeard.

the strawhats hear the call of luffy. kidd is a monster, urioug(sp?) is on a thunderstorm island.

so much this chapter.

ODA IS BRILLIANT. THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE AMAZING

i always thought that sengoku was sort of a good guy. i have said and will stand by my statements that when the split in the marines happen garp, sengoku, and aokiji will lead the charge against the gorousei kizaru and akainu side.

so that means the marines will have to find 3 new shichibukai and a new admiral. i wonder which vice admiral is next in line for the admiral position

aionaraP
July 28, 2010, 09:41 AM
aokiji is just the perfect candidate for being fleet admiral. kizaru is just childish while akainu is just too brutal for my taste as well as the gorusei, he's a fucking tyrant of an admiral. lmao

oda is hyping coby, i hope he will be a grand master of rokushiki.

and please just transfer smoker to the new world.. :D

Seiji_Ibiki
July 28, 2010, 09:45 AM
Créditos: Aohige
Fuente: OM
Traducción al español: Animextremist (http://www.animextremist.com/news/?subaction=showfull&id=1280295698&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2).

Capítulo 594 - El mensaje.

Los Gurosei sostienen una reunión, en la linea roja, la ciudad sagrada de Mariejoa. Hablan sobre Luffy, siempre lleno de sorpresas y cómo empiezan a acostumbrarse a que salgan en las noticias este nieto de Garp. Se discute la conexión que Luffy podría tener con Rayleigh, también la traición de Jinbei, en quien habían depositado muchas esperanzas y quien esperaban se convertiría en un símbolo de paz entre las razas. Y es que es evidente que el equilibrio de los tres poderes se tambalea. Además, han quedado 3 espacios vacios en los señores de la guerra. La discusión se prolonga aún más, todos quieren esperar a que, antes que cualquier cosa, se espera al primer movimiento del "Nuevo Mundo", pero claro, Barbanegra ya ha hecho ese movimiento y se ha apropiado de la fruta de Barbablanca. Por primera vez en la historia, alguien ha comido esas dos frutas, además se rumora que el único capaz de detenerlo, en estos momentos, es uno de los cuatro emperadores.

Y así sigue la discusión, pero es momento de pasar a otro lugar.

Base de los Marines.

Las noticias que hacen eco por todo el lugar indican que Luffy se ha infiltrado en Marineford y se ha apropiado de una nave marina. De hecho, no se infiltró solo, iba acompañado de Rayleigh y Jinbei. Pero al zarpar, se dieron cuenta que había algo más que hacer y después de dar una vuelta alrededor de la Base Marina, llevaron a Luffy a la explanada, dónde Luffy tocaría la campana del lugar unas 16 veces, después, arrojó un ramo en las ruinas de esta explanada e inició una oración. De aquí, pasamos ahora a la oficina de Kong. Sengoku sostiene una reunión con el comandante del Gobierno Mundial, Kong. Según parece, la intención de Sengoku es renunciar de una buena vez. Y lo que más, no es el único, no hace mucho Garp le ha visitado para desistir de su puesto. Kong no puede creer que dos marines de los tiempos de Roger se estén retirando del lado del gobierno, ya que le serían muy útiles para entrenar a los jóvenes marinos.

Pasamos ahora a un consultorio médico.

Coby y Helmeppo se recuperan, aunque el problema de Coby es particularmente serio y sus síntomas son atribuidos a un haki, aunque todos los Vice Almirantes son capaz de usar Haki y el aprender más sobre el le ayudaría mucho a controlarlo, particularmente aprender sobre el Haki de Garp. Esto provoca los celos de Coby. Y ahora nos encontramos en la oficina de Aokiji. Smoker y Aokiji se encuentran platicando, sobre Luffy, sobre el verdadero significado de esas 16 campanadas, pero lo único que le importa a Smoker es ser transferido, pero Aokiji deja en claro que de ninguna manera será transferido al la 5ta. división de los marines.

Mientras todo esto sucede, el nuevo mundo se encuentra entre la confusión. Varios supernovas han arribado a varias de sus islas. Brownbeard se presenta ante un hombre de nombre Hawkins, como el tipo que tiene sobre su cabeza una recompenza de 80 millones, además, viene a reclamar su territorio. Aclara que detesta las bromas y que ve la "muerte" en el futuro de Hawkins.

Pasemos con Urouge, que se encuentra frente a una isla, pero ni él ni su tripulación pueden alcanzarla, ya que la isla se encuentra bajo el bombardeo de constantes rayos. De consuelo le queda que una mujer anciana aparece y le ofrece una sombrilla.

Ahora nos encontramos con Capone, quien come plácidamente en su barco, cuándo de repente una gran bola negra desde el cielo, parece atraer a su barco hacia ella. Se escuchan varios gritos y de repente el barco es tragado y aplastado por la esfera engra. Por otra parte, un pirata yace crucificado frente a Kid. El pirate había intentado desafiarlo, pelear con él. Kid se encuentra desilucionado de estos piratas, débiles y cobardes. También está al tanto de lo hecho por Luffy, le inquieta el significado de esta acción, aunque no sabe si asociarlo a la muerte de su hermano o al mundo y a la era que está viviendo en estos momentos.

Y por último, estamos con Luffy, en el barco de Amazon Lily. Es cuidado por las Amazonas, y se disculpa con ellas por hacerlas navegar tanto, aunque mientras navegan y navegan, lo pelliscan y estiran, vigilándolo, de paso, por órdenes de Hancock, para que así pueda sanar sus heridas. Luffy se pregunta si su tripulación habrá entendido el mensaje que les envió. Segun parece, todos lo han entendido.. aunque Zoro se muestra un poco confundido.

chess4
July 28, 2010, 09:50 AM
aokiji is just the perfect candidate for being fleet admiral. kizaru is just childish while akainu is just too brutal for my taste as well as the gorusei, he's a fucking tyrant of an admiral. lmao

oda is hyping coby, i hope he will be a grand master of rokushiki.

and please just transfer smoker to the new world.. :D

yes garp is going to get coby right and smoker will get his wish. i dont think aokiji is strong enough to be fleet admiral. seeing fleet admiral kong was surprising. so garp and sengoku will become top notch trainers.

RezzieThaRapper
July 28, 2010, 09:55 AM
*sigh* there is absolutely nothing to "thank you later" for because i wonder if you noticed that i was talking about something very specific? well it obviously seems like you did not notice this....

you know it's interesting but i don't recall myself saying that the WG wouldn't want him to be a shichibukai .... if i remember correctly (and of course i'm being sarcastic here) i said he wouldn't want to be a shichibukai.

BB only wanted his shichibukai status so he could go to impel down and as i said before; any pirate that decides to be the WG dog does not deserve to be PK and I most definitely wouldn't respect that PK.

oh and Drake's album was kinda shit, liked the mixtapes with Wayne much better.

*sigh* not a drake fan, I jam Lupe all day...

*sigh again* cause you actually typed *sigh*

*On Topic Sigh* I notice everything sorry and what you pretty much said is that Kidd doesn't have a chance to be a Supernova because he wants to be PK... now I came back with a reasoning that I thought you would get and sarcastically in good spirit after writing a post I thought would be taken as rude, and put Drake's album title there in good spirit...

*sigh* My reasoning is that if Kidd was offered Shichibukai position, he'd most likely take it... Why would he not... cause obviously the PK reason isn't enough to not become one... He could just do like half the other Shichi at this point and just use the goverment for his own needs...

I'm done... for real... I'm really happy for you, so Imma let you finish... lol;););););););)

kkck
July 28, 2010, 09:55 AM
I don't get it, what was luffy's message to his crew? He certainly must want to reunite them somewhere other than the SA but ringing a bell 16 times seems hardly a code which would say much. At least it is not something which we could figure out by reading past manga chapters... wonder where are they meeting though.

goldb
July 28, 2010, 09:57 AM
So much information in this chapter. I'm guessing the order to take out Moria came from either Kong or the Gorosei then, seeing as the former is the Commander-in-Chief of the WG.

Rayleigh is a very BAD MAN!!! taking Luffy to Marine HQ again.
I'm psyched about Aokiji becoming Fleet Admiral, but I woulda thought the obvious choice would be pawngoat?(great to see him on the cover btw)
The New World seems scary O_O so many weird islands and events happening.

Finally great to see Kong, I had thought he was dead and wondered how someone of his rank can die without Oda ever mentioning it in the slightest. The idea that he's the CIC of the WG is logical yet no one woulda called that one.

Garp resigning from his position is not a suprise but Sengoku doing so just shows how much he disagrees with the decisions the WG are taking and maybe he's had enough of them interfering in Marine business.
Next Chapter will most likely show the other supernovas and what theyre up to, and I wonder which supernova was taken out by Blackbeard. God I hope it's not Law :s

imudkip
July 28, 2010, 09:58 AM
a very interesting chapter indeed i think the island with lots of thunder bolts is were enel was born and the old lady giving an umbrella is maybe enels mother or grandmother

coby will learn haki but not kings disposition haki

haki can hurt logia users when WhiteBeards crew hit akainu he said that haki users are nuisance because they can hit logia users so if luffy learns haki or incorporate haki in his GEARS he will hit any logia users

i hope zoro learns haki too to empower his swords not to break maybe or sanji to get his kicks stronger than ever

Enel was borned on Bilka, a sky island, but he destroyed it.

RezzieThaRapper
July 28, 2010, 09:58 AM
Bounty doesn't say much when choosing a shichibukai since it's the reason behind the bounty that matters I think. BB without a bounty captured Ace and got appointed right away.

:amuse I know it doesn't mean much, I have it in that little rant somewhere about Blackbeard, Boa Hancock, and Crocodiles low bounties compared to the others... and they might be some of the strongest in the series right now

What I was saying though:tem was that Kidd's 315,000,000 can't be ignored...

DARK
July 28, 2010, 10:10 AM
I don't get it, what was luffy's message to his crew? He certainly must want to reunite them somewhere other than the SA but ringing a bell 16 times seems hardly a code which would say much. At least it is not something which we could figure out by reading past manga chapters... wonder where are they meeting though.

The only clue is the belfry in Skypiea. Does anybody remember how many times Luffy rung that bell?

RezzieThaRapper
July 28, 2010, 10:22 AM
Oh yea Aokoji is a beast... and I don't think any of the Admirals are weaker than the others, though I would of liked to see Akainu get the position for some mad marine extreme activity later on...

And it would feel a lot better if the ass of the man that Luffy's foot goes up eventually would be the Fleet Admiral

The Closet Pervert
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/773/21665.jpg
Can anyone see what that tattoo on Luffys hand says?

undertoe
Yeah right, no strenght... I don't believe that marines put such a huge bounties on them if they were weak... For the moment, the SN seems to have no problem in the NW (and i'm not surprised, the NW is all but hype, since this war, the NW captains didn't even shine by at least fighting some Shichibukai)

He said their NAMES had no strength, which they don't.

goldb
If it's Skypiea then not all the crew members would know about it, namely Franky and Brook since they joined after. Well, that is unless they've been told. I can't remember how many times Luffy rang that bell :s maybe 3 times? off the top of my head.

DARK
July 28, 2010, 10:27 AM

So Luffy decides to tattoo his right arm, whereas Ace had his tattoo on his left arm.
I can only assume that the tattoo on his arm is his name, but I know for sure that the last letter is a "y."

Gats
July 28, 2010, 10:29 AM
As expected, the stunning event made by Luffy is not what I would expect (roflmao). Marineford is humiliated, I wonder where were the admirals during this time. Another cliffhanger : Luffy's secret message. Would they have to go to the New World separated ?

Newpapers noticing that Rayleigh was with Luffy would make him another big reputation.

So Coby being a haki user is confirmed. We won't see him eating a Devil Fruit I think. He would be like another Garp.

Spam286
July 28, 2010, 10:36 AM
If it's Skypiea then not all the crew members would know about it, namely Franky and Brook since they joined after. Well, that is unless they've been told. I can't remember how many times Luffy rang that bell :s maybe 3 times? off the top of my head.

I thought he only rang that one once when he smacked Enel with the giant golden ball. Or do you mean the number of times it actually rang out once he set it swinging?

undertoe
July 28, 2010, 10:38 AM
1. Of course there wasn't anyone strong at Marineford; there's almost nothing left to protect. It's structurally unsound and collapsing. Why would they think they need to protect it?

2. I believe Luffy rang the bell to signal the crew that he is ready to move on and see them. Either the end of their adventures in Paradise and the beginning of the New World or the end of his mourning and that he is ready to see his crew again. Either way, I think he is saying it's time to meet up again.

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2010, 10:44 AM

There is only four letters on his tatoo so it cannot be his name. I think there first two letters are covered by a single cross so they probably mean Sabo and Ace.

I bet on SADY : S(abo) A(ce) D(adan) (Luff)Y

That would make also a Sad Luffy.

Youbba
July 28, 2010, 10:48 AM
I didn't expect less from Luffy, he trully believe that all the WG strongholds are just playground for him, he can go in and go out as he likes :D)

More than 250 chapters ago when Ace fought BB, Oda said that this event will trigger a great change in the One piece universe, back then I wasn't so sure about Oda talent.
But now I've no doubts that we are witnessing the begining of a new era, the way everythings have changed in the last 3 chapters is just awesome.
I'm ready to sign present for the next 600 chapters :D
The best part for me in this chapter is the fact that the new world inhabitants call the first part of grand line "Paradise"

aionaraP
July 28, 2010, 10:52 AM
SADY does make sense, but i dont buy this emo stuff coming from luffy... tss =\

toussaintac
July 28, 2010, 10:55 AM

I don't think it's emo. I think he's just paying his respects properly. He needed to grieve and then return to find peace, so he could go on.

undertoe
July 28, 2010, 10:55 AM

People were capable of sadness before that term was invented. Being sad over your brother's death isn't emo; it's human.

zerocooldx
July 28, 2010, 10:57 AM
So Luffy went back to MF to pay his respects and send out a cryptic message. Plus Garp and Sengoku resigned? I would have never expect any of that. Especially if Luffy got Ace's name tattooed on his arm.

The Closet Pervert
July 28, 2010, 10:57 AM

Luffy already is over the emo stuff :) If it's really SADY, then it's more like a memento.

You think this is emo? Have you seen Naruto (the manga)? :D

chess4
July 28, 2010, 11:00 AM
So much information in this chapter. I'm guessing the order to take out Moria came from either Kong or the Gorosei then, seeing as the former is the Commander-in-Chief of the WG.

Rayleigh is a very BAD MAN!!! taking Luffy to Marine HQ again.
I'm psyched about Aokiji becoming Fleet Admiral, but I woulda thought the obvious choice would be pawngoat?(great to see him on the cover btw)
The New World seems scary O_O so many weird islands and events happening.

Finally great to see Kong, I had thought he was dead and wondered how someone of his rank can die without Oda ever mentioning it in the slightest. The idea that he's the CIC of the WG is logical yet no one woulda called that one.

Garp resigning from his position is not a suprise but Sengoku doing so just shows how much he disagrees with the decisions the WG are taking and maybe he's had enough of them interfering in Marine business.
Next Chapter will most likely show the other supernovas and what theyre up to, and I wonder which supernova was taken out by Blackbeard. God I hope it's not Law :s

kong talked both of them into staying in the marines but sengoku recommended that aokiji be the next fleet admiral. remember we just saw garp a couple of chapters ago and he set up a marine post on his home island.

they will train the new recruit and still strike fear into pirates everywhere
[hr]

i dont know what it says but the first 2 letter are an s with an x over it(sabo's flag) and the second letter is an A

goldb
July 28, 2010, 11:01 AM
@bittman: yep I know, I just forgot to mention that part :s. So they're keeping their titles but it'll just be some kind of honorary titles they won't be doing assignments I don't think.

What's this about Luffy's tattoo? I don't see anything in the pics and speaking of which, some panels or pages are missing. it's not the whole thing.

EDIT: I see the new pic. My bad. But it doesn't seem to say Ace or Sace, the first letter is definitely a "S" crossed out and the 3rd letter looks like the omega symbol or greek letter.

THM Nindo
July 28, 2010, 11:02 AM

Regarding Luffy's tatoo...
Remember Ace's tatoo?

Basically it was ASCE

The crossed S was for Sabo...

Now, from what I can see the first two letter of his tatoo are crossed...
So it might be a crossed S (for Sabo) and a crossed A (for Ace), or something like that...

DARK
July 28, 2010, 11:11 AM
So, everybody's saying that Ace having the "S" on his tattoo was not a mistake from the artist?
He intentionally put it there in memory for Sabo?

It is possible that Luffy is paying his respects for Sabo and Ace, his two "brothers" who helped him on his path to becoming a pirate. I don't know about Dadan, Luffy's "mother," but I guess she did save Luffy's ass in the end of their flashbacks.

Still, I have to admit the tattoo is looking awesome.

SenninSage
July 28, 2010, 11:12 AM
I actually called that Sengoku would no longer be in that position of his after the war. I totally called it! :D

Now, lets see if the other part of my prediction comes true. Sengoku will become a member of the Strawhat Pirates. Find it too much to believe? Just wait and see. Sengoku is perfect for that crew. It'll also give him an opportunity to find out what's truly so special about Garp's Grandson, and why people follow him.

I'm thinking the World Government may have really asked Buggy to be a Warlord lol.

Haven't read entire thread, but has anyone suggested the possibility yet that the tattoo itself is a code to the crew, along with the number of times he rang the bell? S and A is on his arm, correct? Sabaody Archipelago 16? Weren't all the different ship areas labeled by numbers?

mlinko
July 28, 2010, 11:18 AM
I actually called that Sengoku would no longer be in that position of his after the war. I totally called it! :D

Now, lets see if the other part of my prediction comes true. Sengoku will become a member of the Strawhat Pirates. Find it too much to believe? Just wait and see. Sengoku is perfect for that crew. It'll also give him an opportunity to find out what's truly so special about Garp's Grandson, and why people follow him.

I'm thinking the World Government may have really asked Buggy to be a Warlord lol.

Haven't read entire thread, but has anyone suggested the possibility yet that the tattoo itself is a code to the crew, along with the number of times he rang the bell? S and A is on his arm, correct? Sabaody Archipelago 16? Weren't all the different ship areas labeled by numbers?

Probably because he has strong and dangerous pirates behind him

goldb
July 28, 2010, 11:18 AM
So as explained by Killer in the chapter, Luffy ringing the bell 16 times may be him paying respect to WB and signalling the end of his era and also sending a message to his crew.

mlinko
July 28, 2010, 11:23 AM
So as explained by Killer in the chapter, Luffy ringing the bell 16 times may be him paying respect to WB and signalling the end of his era and also sending a message to his crew.

yup I too said the same thing before 5-6 pages and did you see where he took down his hat to honor ACE

White Silver King
July 28, 2010, 11:23 AM
I don't get why Luffy would attack Marineford. He just came from a battle there and lost to everyone that mattered. What would him going back accomplish?

And in the spoilers does "sn" mean Super Nova? It's weird he would abbreviate it the first time and not the second time.

Junaid_Sennin
July 28, 2010, 11:25 AM
At first I was surprised that Aokiji was recommended to take Sengoku's place, since I see him as the weakest admiral, and Akainu seems the strongest. Also, Aokiji's version of justice is Lazy Justice, whilst Akainu's is Absolute Justice, which is closer to Sengoku's. After some thought, however, it kinda makes sense that Sengoku would wanna steer clear of the die-hard brand of justice that got them into this mess. Aokiji does seem the most progressive of the three.

My bet is that the Supernova that Blackbeard beat is Bonney. At the end of the war she was upset and pissed, and said something about going to the New World to the person who's fault she feels it is, and dealing with that person. It's always been my belief that she was talking about Blackbeard, since it is in fact his fault.

zerocooldx
July 28, 2010, 11:27 AM
Well the position of Fleet Admiral seems to be Akainu's for the taking. Either way, it will be interesting to see who the replacements are for all of these vacancies.

beastboy
July 28, 2010, 11:28 AM
Anyone could guess it??
Epic this chapter will be epic...
But I wonder about the meaning, I know it means the start of a new era, but I'm sure it means something else...
And the Tatoo looks pretty awesome too, :<

And news about Haki, all VA's have Haki, so stop calling them weaklings, and Coby awakened it during the war, but that doesn't means he is any stronger, it appears that he has the same type of haki as the little girl from Sky Island :3.

damane08
July 28, 2010, 11:28 AM
At first I was surprised that Aokiji was recommended to take Sengoku's place, since I see him as the weakest admiral, and Akainu seems the strongest. Also, Aokiji's version of justice is Lazy Justice, whilst Akainu's is Absolute Justice, which is closer to Sengoku's. After some thought, however, it kinda makes sense that Sengoku would wanna steer clear of the die-hard brand of justice that got them into this mess. Aokiji does seem the most progressive of the three.

My bet is that the Supernova that Blackbeard beat is Bonney. At the end of the war she was upset and pissed, and said something about going to the New World to the person who's fault she feels it is, and dealing with that person. It's always been my belief that she was talking about Blackbeard, since it is in fact his fault.

have you seen the latest spoilers? it seems like it was Capone.

goldb
July 28, 2010, 11:29 AM
Well the position of Fleet Admiral seems to be Akainu's for the taking. Either way, it will be interesting to see who the replacements are for all of these vacancies.

The World would be in a terrible state should the position go to Akainu. Aokiji is my choice.

zerocooldx
July 28, 2010, 11:31 AM
The World would be in a terrible state should the position go to Akainu. Aokiji is my choice.

Aokiji is too lazy for the position, Kizaru would probably be too disinterested, which leaves the very proactive Akainu.

GoE
July 28, 2010, 11:33 AM
so are the strawhats gonna reunite in 16th island of SA?

White Silver King
July 28, 2010, 11:34 AM
I just hope that the SN Blackbeard attacks isn't Basil, he's my favorite.

beastboy
July 28, 2010, 11:36 AM
If one of the admirals is promoted to Fleet admiral, who will be the next admiral?
I bet on Momonga, he seemed like the stronger VA and the one with more "screen time"!

urlaub
July 28, 2010, 11:36 AM
If the spoil was false, then I suspect Akainu will be the new fleat admiral. Ad this means that marines will do some more active pirate hunting. Order must prevail. And this in turn leads to more interesting plot devices and stuff.

Aphalite
July 28, 2010, 11:38 AM
Don't be misled by Killer's explanation. That's only his interpretation of it, but "starting a new era" doesn't tell the strawhats anything about where to meet up. While everyone else thinks it's a symbolic gesture of starting a new era because of Luffy's funeral favors, the strawhats know the second, hidden message within the bell ringing - Sabaody Grove #16 is the meeting place

beastboy
July 28, 2010, 11:39 AM
Or meaning "Sky Island" I mean, where was the last time we eard the a bell ringing, if someone counted them, then we would be sure!

SenninSage
July 28, 2010, 11:42 AM
There was a pretty massive bell back at Arabasta, was there not?

kkck
July 28, 2010, 11:44 AM
Perhaps the ringing of the bells means luffy wants them to not go to the SA and instead go straight to the fishmen island. That is where the first half of the grand line begins and the second starts.

mlinko
July 28, 2010, 11:45 AM
so are the strawhats gonna reunite in 16th island of SA?

* 1-29: A lawless area where pirates and bounty hunters run amok
* 30-39: Sabaody Park, an amusement park with bubble-based attractions
* 40-49: The tourist area, filled with shops and souvenir stands
* 50-59: A shipping area
* 60-69: Local headquarters for the Marines
* 70-79: A hotel town

So it's possible

4StepsAhead
July 28, 2010, 11:47 AM
Don't be misled by Killer's explanation. That's only his interpretation of it, but "starting a new era" doesn't tell the strawhats anything about where to meet up. While everyone else thinks it's a symbolic gesture of starting a new era because of Luffy's funeral favors, the strawhats know the second, hidden message within the bell ringing - Sabaody Grove #16 is the meeting place

It may also mean meet at Sabaody Grove in a year's time.....who knows...