PDA

View Full Version : Life Getting to know each other better

destiny4ever
July 31, 2010, 12:33 PM
Sometimes I like to watch a show called “Inside the Actor’s Studio”. I think it is an interesting show, but what I like the most about that show is when the host, James Lipton, asks the guests the famous 10 questions of the Bernard Pivot questionnaire. I truly think the Pivot questionnaire allows you to get to know a person better in a fun and easy way, so I thought we could use it here on MH to get to know each other better. :)

Here are my answers to the questionnaire:

1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? I know it’s cheesy, but my favorite phrase is “I love you” , but only when the person saying it truly means it.

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Cancer, especially leukemia. I really hate those words.

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively: music, freedom, curiosity, no drama. Spiritually: the ocean. Emotionally: tears and laughter.

4.What turns you off? Lies, hypocrisy, drama, and aggressiveness.

5.What is your favorite curse word? I’m trying not to curse, but if I have to choose then Wednesday in Spanish.

6.What sound or noise do you love? Laughter and the sound of waves in the ocean.

7.What sound or noise do you hate? People fighting, especially drunk people fighting.

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? A novelist or an actress.

9.What profession would you not like to do? A hooker.

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? All your loved ones that came here before you, all of them are waiting for you in the building over there.

Now it's your turn guys! I would love to read your answers.

Hystzen
July 31, 2010, 03:16 PM
:ninja
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? Sick or some words that cant be written here

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Innit,banging..alot of the "gangsta" talk

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively: music Spiritually: music Emotionally: well what do you know music :p

4.What turns you off? hypocrisy

5.What is your favorite curse word? too many to list

6.What sound or noise do you love? Motorbike being turned on

7.What sound or noise do you hate? fake laughter

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? psychiatrist quite enjoy reading emotions of people

9.What profession would you not like to do? Rap star...

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? " how the hell did you get here"

M3J
July 31, 2010, 10:39 PM
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? Let's go on a roadtrip!

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Homework! We have a test or quiz or exams! ESSAYS! Basically, anything that's anti-fun.

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Intelligence, fun, funny, nice, sometimes assholeness, ocean, sunrise, calm music at night, "rocking" music at day, speeding, etcetc.

4.What turns you off? Smoking, drinking, idiocy, rudeness, racism, and sexism.

5.What is your favorite curse word? Whatever comes to my mind at the moment. I know curse words in at least two languages. :3

6.What sound or noise do you love? Music, people laughing, and random sounds like drumming on pans and pots or cars or etc.

7.What sound or noise do you hate? Loud people, shitty voices, offkey singing (if you're Indian like me, you'll get used to it <_<), people that say something stupid, vuvuzuelas (thank you Youtube, for showing me how it sounds like), and few more, but I forgot. Oh, horns. People abuse horns like no tomorrow in big cities.

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? An actor or a doctor. Maybe a cop just for the thrills and speeding without ticket. Sirens would be annoying though.

9.What profession would you not like to do? Lawyer (too much work to argue), business (even though that's my major now), any authority figure like governor or president.

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Anything but "YOU FAIL, ATHEIST!"

silver_soul
August 01, 2010, 10:47 PM
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? Food's ready.

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Wake Up!

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Comedy.

4.What turns you off? A bad joke.

5.What is your favorite curse word? I try not curse but i'm proficient with the full Maa/Bain variations for those that may understand.

6.What sound or noise do you love? Laughter.

7.What sound or noise do you hate? My neighbours revving mopehead at 6am every bloody sunday which he doesn't even ride :mad

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Mechanic

9.What profession would you not like to do? Taxi Driver.

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? It was worth it.

Drmke
August 01, 2010, 11:40 PM
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? Fantastic. I'm not quite sure why, but when I hear that word my mind lights up and I just genuinely get happier.

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Tough one. But if I had to pick one, it would probably be "queer". I can't hear this word without almost cringing every time. I dunno, I think I just associate it with ignorance and bigotry even more than "gay" or "fag", both of which I actually find humorous....hmm...curious.

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively, its definitely music more than anything else. Other than manga, that is my life. Spiritually, I'd have to say kindness. Corny, I know. *shrugs* But whenever I hear about someone doing something kind for selfless reasons or learn more about truly peaceful religious teachings I get really emotional. Emotionally, laughter. I like people who can take a joke and are willing to act dumb just for fun.

4.What turns you off? Hypocrites, jealousy, bigotry, willful ignorance.

5.What is your favorite curse word? I always like to rely on the classics, "damn". :tem

6.What sound or noise do you love? Laughter and the sound of a light breeze.

7.What sound or noise do you hate? I honestly don't like there is a particular sound or noise I hate. Under certain circumstances different noises and sounds make me angry or uncomfortable, but those sounds don't always make me feel that way.

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Professional musician 100%

9.What profession would you not like to do? Police officer.

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Even before I learned the whereabouts of my family or learn what my fate would be, I would want to hear God say that there truly is a good reason why he allows such horrible things to be done in his name. Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets under my skin more than hate being spread under the disguise of religion.

Kaiten
August 02, 2010, 12:01 AM
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? Antic. I like the way it bounces off the tongue.

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Anything racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, or disrespecting someones personal beliefs.

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively: music, manga, modern art. Spiritually: the ocean, the stars, quiet. Emotionally: joy, laughter.

4.What turns you off? Aggression, competitiveness, fear, hatred, anger

5.What is your favorite curse word? I curse a lot in RL >.> Not sure I have a favorite, I say them unconsciously :sweat

6.What sound or noise do you love? Any steady rhythm. Bird calls and the sound of water too.

7.What sound or noise do you hate? Loud noises, crashes, and yelling.

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Musician or President.

9.What profession would you not like to do? A hooker.

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I'd like him to tell me the meaning of life.

Organizized
August 02, 2010, 06:18 PM
Oh yeah, I love ITAS, great show. :)

1. What is your favorite word (or phrase)? Legend. Also legendary.

2. What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? "Gay", when used for expressing dislike in something.

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Ideas and music.

4. What turns you off? Obsessiveness, jealousy.

5. What is your favorite curse word? "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0&feature=related) or "shiiiiiiiiiiiet" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYuA2KD7jpA&feature=related).

6. What sound or noise do you love? Thunder. It's so powerful, yet so relaxing.

7. What sound or noise do you hate? Close-by buzzing of a wasp or a bee. Especially when not knowing where it's coming from.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Acting or writing.

9. What profession would you not like to do? Politician.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Daaaaaaaaaamn! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0&feature=related) :blink"

thornofcarrion
August 07, 2010, 12:45 PM
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? : "Thank you" and "Love You"2. What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Every abusive word, racist words, and words that show no respect

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music, nature (rain, landscape, birds, animals (not reptiles), flowers, butterflies (not Aizen), seeing people happy.

4. What turns you off? Rudeness, racism, smoking, drugs, selfishness, hatred, jealousy

5. What is your favorite curse word? Darn it, OMG (don't know if they qualify as curse words)

6. What sound or noise do you love? Rain, birds, musical instruments

7. What sound or noise do you hate? Rattling sound (especially made by the rattling snake), screeching, buzzing

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Musician, Painter, Artist, and Mechanic (those who do Hotrods or bikes)

9. What profession would you not like to do? Politician for sure (hate them), Doctor (don't like to see others' suffering), coroner

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "ok, you are clear, proceed to heaven"

Totinona
August 07, 2010, 05:11 PM
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)?
Thank you

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)?
(name) should just go and die
(I don't get how people can say that, even on the internet..)

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Music, Landscapes

4.What turns you off?
Fear of the unknown that has changed to hate

5.What is your favorite curse word?
Faen or Fankern
(I say it when I lose at stuff and such :XD)

6.What sound or noise do you love?
Bass guitar, waves, grasshoppers sounds

7.What sound or noise do you hate?
Sounds mashed in to just noise, like you can't make out anything at all
8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Musician, Drawer

9.What profession would you not like to do?
Teacher
(I'm not patient enough)

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
The ones who came before you are waiting :)
(I would like for that to happen without a Heaven too)

goldb
August 09, 2010, 07:51 PM
I was finally curious enough to look into this thread, despite it being around for a few days...

1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? Well right now it's "Roadhouse", anyone who's seen Family Guy season 8 will know what I'm talking about.

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? anything that sounds condescending or patronising.

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? slow jams gets me in a mood, music with a good beat and rhythm. Reading mangas, comedy too.

4.What turns you off? smoking, ignorance

5.What is your favorite curse word? hmmm, can't choose... but dayumm(damn) is good

6.What sound or noise do you love? rainforest, sea, nature in general.

7.What sound or noise do you hate? screeching, roadworks, drilling, sound of traffic,

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Dunno if this counts but I would've loved to live during the period when Samurais roamed around, or a priest or teacher but only if I'm allowed to hit the kids :)

9.What profession would you not like to do? door-to-door salesman :s

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "thank god you're here, thought we'd never get this party started" :p

If I think of anything more, I'll amend my post.

benelori
August 14, 2010, 10:27 AM
This is hard...well I guess it's a tie between Nice to meet you and Game, set, match, when I say it it means I won:D

Plot-hole:mad and bad writing:mad:mad

Success. Basically if I have success in something, then it pumps me up even more

4.What turns you off?
I think we agree here:aggressive behavior

Hulye fasz/picsa!...it's hungarian, but I like the japanese kuso yarou!!!

Waves are great, just like you said, but rain is better IMO

Alarm clock, and people knocking when I sleep

No profession yet, but I will end up with computers, but I would definitely try translating

Curling player

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Welcome, your family awaits.

blai
August 18, 2010, 04:43 AM

God never puts you in a situation which you can't handle, but you can definitely put yourself in a situation which you can't handle, some situations can lead to death, and death is a motherfucker!

Value.

Creatively: Emotional movies, things in real life that affects me emotionally because that's the spark to my creativity. Doesn't matter if it's a sad or a happy emotion.

Spiritually: Ocean waves, sea birds and children's laughter, all together.

Emotionally: Rain

4.What turns you off?

Ass-lickers, false people and

töketlen kis béna pöcs, means "ineffective man ("little limp without testicles")" or kurva anyád which basically means your mom's a wh*re.

Rain

Painful screams.

Radio host, music producer, English teacher.

Jobs with low salary and/or no credit. Mohaha :3

You sure took your time, the lesbian cloud is to the left after you pass the all-you-can-eat-candy-cloud... Oh, almost forgot, your family is all well too.

Evil3ye
August 18, 2010, 06:58 AM
All the good in this life wish for yourself.

Nett (German for 'nice')

creatively: Quite a lot. Beginning with the dirt in my apartment over to music, film and theatre.
spiritually: Watching the movements of leaves in the wind and silence.
emotionally: Atm touting others who are choosing their future.

4.What turns you off?
untruthful people, envier and war (;darn)

Not swearing that much actually. The most comment блядь from time to time while driving (Russian for hoe, used as f-ck though).

[B]6.What sound or noise do you love?
Howling wind. Especially in winter.

Nasty scratching noises, if someone's crying.

A creative profession in the advertising business.

That's hard. I've had a lot of nasty jobs already which I donot want to do again, but would do if I have to. I'll go with what GoldBob said, door-to-door salesman is something I can not see me in.

I love what you did thurr.

Pirulito
August 19, 2010, 10:05 PM
- Let me be cliché: I love you.
I like a verse of Smashing Pumpkins song called Age of Innocence which says if you want love, you must be love .
And there are tons of Brazilian phrases that I can't express in English.

- Tediousness and its related forms and synonyms.

- Creatively: Basically everything. Life is ideas.
- Spiritually: Natural beauties and smiles.
- Emotionally: Sincerity and memories and smiles.

I really love smiles. If you smile to me, you get me. I'm such a whore, lol.

4.What turns you off?
- Anything used to segregate people.

- "Porra!" or "Fudeu!"

In brazilian portuguese "Porra" can be a slang for sperm, but normally people forget that and use the term as an expletive. Like "Porra, One Piece é excelente!"(Fuck, One Piece is excellent) or "Que que porra é essa?" (What the shit/fuck is that?"). Porra is so common that I have seen people who don't know it is a curse word.
"Fudeu" is the past for "foder"(= to fuck). But the meaning that I like of it is when I'm in a bad, very bad situation and I can't see how to get out of it. So, I say "fudeu!". Like it is in God's hands, lol.

- Laughter.

- I really hate the annoying buzz of mosquitoes. I get irritated and a little afflicted with that sound in my ears. It makes me want to rip myself.

- So many. Musician, politician, historian, sociologist, physicis. Ah, of course! A football player (Well, I can't help it, can I?).

- Judge

- High five, buddy! You really rocked there, huh!
(It was nothing, God! *enjoyer*, lol)

alice&uncas
November 27, 2010, 03:20 PM
Word: zealous

Word: curse words, racist slurs, faggot
Phrase: "You got it made", "I understand..."

Creatively: Music, Poetry, Photography, Culture, Art, Freedom
Spiritually: God, Nature, Water, Earth, Relaxation
Emotionally: My emotions

4.What turns you off? Drama, people being two-face, bullies

5.What is your favorite curse word? I hate curse words!

6.What sound or noise do you love? Rain, Thunder, Wind

7.What sound or noise do you hate? Parnets fighting

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? A producer

9.What profession would you not like to do? Picking up trash

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? That you have made it my child

Imperium
November 27, 2010, 06:04 PM
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? "Awesome". I use way too much in real life and when i post in forums. "Thats awesome", "You're awesome" etc.

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Urm...probably "i dont mean to be rude". Because you know they are going to say something rude. >.>

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively: Calm, quiet environments Spiritually/Emotionally: Reading emotional works. Novels, books etc.

4.What turns you off? Drama definitely. Hypocrisy and double standards as well.

5.What is your favorite curse word?Bollocks and Twat. :sweat

6.What sound or noise do you love? Children laughter because it makes you want to join along. The roar of a football crowd always gives me the chills as well.

7.What sound or noise do you hate? Traffic.

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Airline pilot. The travelling around, the good money, the whole lifestyle seems awesome. (:

9.What profession would you not like to do? Prostitution definitely. Being a soldier as well.

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You've made it.

Koen
November 27, 2010, 06:07 PM
1.What is your favorite word (or phrase)? Purée (I say it a lot since it is my only way to avoid using a curse word)

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? Strangely but true: could you come for a moment?

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively: arts, philosophy, poems, coincidental circumstances. Spiritually: stars, moon, (day)dream, coincidental circumstances. Emotionally: optimism in common

4.What turns you off? Emotions: pessimism, hypocrisy, vanity. Physical: red nail polish

5.What is your favorite curse word? answer 1

6.What sound or noise do you love? The sounds of different talking in a mass full of people, the wind

7.What sound or noise do you hate? Crying babies for sure (this doesn't mean I hate babies), my mobile phone and my alarm clock

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? An actor

9.What profession would you not like to do? A surgeon (like emergency room)

10.If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You have thought too much, now live your life

saladesu
November 28, 2010, 05:10 AM
Love ^^

Goodbye/Farewell/The end.
I just sent off a friend at the airport, plus I'm graduating so these are probably the words that most make me depressed right now.

Seeing Nature in action and being away from the cacophony of the modern life

4.What turns you off?
Politics and hypocrisy

Recently I use "Oh my tianzzz" a lot... It's basically a variation of OMG, just with the Chinese word for heaven/sky substituted in (plus the zzzzs) XD

The voices of the people I love and whom I am close to talking and laughing.

Shrill sound when a metal chair scrapes across the floor.

Writer.
It seems fun to be able to just write out all our thoughts and ideas and express yourself as you like with the written word - though it's obviously not that easy.

Toilet cleaner ._.

"Well done, my good and faithful servant" :D

shaheer
November 30, 2010, 12:00 AM
in MH?? its baka jin start vositng

2.What is your least favorite word (or phrase)? some severe slang .....like B@$tard ...B!tc* etc

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively: trust me on this one....but if you give me some tough mechanics problem.....which cannot be solved normally. Spiritually:mosque . Emotionally: matters, but generally i am a bit volatile when i lambaste .

4.What turns you off? obscenity.

5.What is your favorite curse word? baka/dunce/stupid....i can manage those.

6.What sound or noise do you love? when strong wind undulates the trees the rustling nose that the tree/leaves make... i love hearing those

7.What sound or noise do you hate? SCREECHING sound

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? any profession where indolence is encouraged :D.

9.What profession would you not like to do? pimp/ hitman/8 hrs of total physical work.... :( .

From this day you dun need to work at all..........