PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 596 Discussion / 597 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2

Koen
August 05, 2010, 12:03 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63120) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks :)

damane08
August 18, 2010, 02:19 AM
So Robin will meet up with Dragon.... I wonder what'll happen on that front.
I wonder if he wants her to do anything specific... she is the "light of the revolution" after all.

Akainu
August 18, 2010, 02:23 AM
very interesting cover picture actually regarding the tattoo on Aces arm.
the rest was rather forseeable, except robin who I thought would study the ruins rather than meeting Dragon (which is far more exciting)

ScratchmenApoo
August 18, 2010, 02:26 AM
very interesting cover picture actually regarding the tattoo on Aces arm.
the rest was rather forseeable, except robin who I thought would study the ruins rather than meeting Dragon (which is far more exciting)

Dragon being one of the most mysterious character... I think you are underestimating how exciting he actually is...

But Ace's tattoo... Well, it doesn't hold any real factual background because the three brothers are shown being grown up, which in reality didn't happen...

And Robin can learn a lot of history/facts from the Revolutionary Army, there's the power up a lot of people are not seeing...

El-Thor
August 18, 2010, 02:27 AM
Wow, Robin meeting Dragon. I'm sure Dragon will give/tell her something that will help the SHs in the New World. But I have this odd feeling that Dragon might try to make Robin stay and join the RA as a historian/commander

EDIT : Wait wait wait... and adult Sabo on the cover??!! HE LOOKS SO AWESOME !! PLEASE BE ALIVE SABOOOOOOOOO.

Akainu
August 18, 2010, 02:29 AM
Dragon being one of the most mysterious character... I think you are underestimating how exciting he actually is...

But Ace's tattoo... Well, it doesn't hold any real factual background because the three brothers are shown being grown up, which in reality didn't happen...

And Robin can learn a lot of history/facts from the Revolutionary Army, there's the power up a lot of people are not seeing...
well more exiting than ruins as I wrote, which is pretty much for an archeologist :s

ScratchmenApoo
August 18, 2010, 02:34 AM
well more exiting than ruins as I wrote, which is pretty much for an archeologist :s

Hm, I read that the "which is more exciting" went with the ruins, not Dragon, my mistake.

damane08
August 18, 2010, 02:48 AM
There are a lot of big names being thrown around in that last spoiler but am i the only that understood almost none of it? granted it's almost 4 am here and i'm kinda sleepy but still.... it sounds so interesting too.

deffkryz
August 18, 2010, 02:49 AM
Source :Narutosoul (http://www.narutosoul.com/forums/one-piece/6126-one-piece-596-spoiler-pics-summaries-discussion.html)
eng translation by shadowfox1

About 596 "friends."
Revolutionary Armed Forces of "What now!?"

That spoiler seems to be fake. According to the cover ('http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9192/146s4u1486e.jpg') the chapter is called "SPECTRUM".

Oh... And the "heaven" spoiler is fake as well...

rickfox
August 18, 2010, 02:49 AM
It seems there is no Zoro's appearance in Chapter 596(if those information are confirmed).

Then,

Oda want leave him in fog.

I sense the answer for whether Perona going to join Straw Hat Pirates or not is coming.

All Perona supporters and all Perona's haters-- be prepare, the end is coming

deffkryz
August 18, 2010, 02:58 AM
So, the S in Ace's tattoo stood for Sabo indeed who is dead.

Probably, Ace intended "ASL is no longer possible, so it's A...ce from now on. I'm gonna live my life without any regrets."

It seems there is no Zoro's appearance in Chapter 596(if those information are confirmed).
Actually, the only one confirmed is the summary saying that there "are updates on Zoro and Usopp"... ;)

The other two (with the chapter titles "heaven" and "friends") are fake.

-Ken-
August 18, 2010, 03:01 AM
Didn't think much of the chapter content until I see more yet, but the cover page with 3 grown up brother is awesome, althrough we didn't get to see Sabo's face!

ScratchmenApoo
August 18, 2010, 03:03 AM
Is the last picture an animal or is it Franky wearing the animal's face ?
The eyes are really similar.

rickfox
August 18, 2010, 03:04 AM
So, the S in Ace's tattoo stood for Sabo indeed who is dead.

Probably, Ace intended "ASL is no longer possible, so it's A...ce from now on. I'm gonna live my life without any regrets."

Actually, the only one confirmed is the summary saying that there "are updates on Zoro and Usopp"... ;)

The other two (with the chapter titles "heaven" and "friends") are fake.

so you were saying those are fake?---

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2032195&postcount=6

SPECTRUM(スペクトル)がタイトル
The title is SPECTRUM.
扉絵はエースサボルフィの青年時の絵、サボの顔は出てないよw
The opening page is Ace-Sabo-Luffy as young men. Sabo's face doesn't appear.
各自のパワーアップの為の決意の回だ(ゾロは今回いなかった)
It's a chapter about each one's decision to power-up. (Zoro isn't in it this week)
ナミは天候の勉強、骨は弱点克服(45度から40度へw)
Nami studies weather, Brook conquers his weak point (From 45 degrees to 40 degrees, hah)
ロビンはドラゴンに会いにバルディゴへ。
Robin goes to Baldigo to meet Dragon.
フランキーは虎の毛皮かぶってまたひと騒動w
Franky wears a tiger skin and causes another riot.
ウソップも本当の狙撃の王に成る為にヘラクレスン先生に弟子入り
Usopp, in order to become a real sniper king, becomes apprentice to Heracles.

来週あたりメッセージの意味とゾロの展開かな?
I wonder if we'll get the meaning of the message and Zoro's development around next week?
今週は盛り上がりには欠けたけどね。
This one lacked a climax, though.

vagabond87
August 18, 2010, 03:07 AM
Grown up Sabo look taller than Luffy and Ace but maby its only perspective... Who knows. Now Im waiting to see him in New World:amuse
We all know that he is alive right?:eyeroll
Probably as strong or stronger than Ace in therms of fighting ability.
Robin metting with Dragon will b really big and I hope that we will see Sabo on metting of the commanders of RA.
I thought that Franky cant be funnier with how he looks after explosion but Oda.. is the man :p

deffkryz
August 18, 2010, 03:08 AM
so you were saying those are fake?---

No, not the one you quoted... But I went for this post (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2032145&postcount=3).

So neither Zoro nor Usopp this chapter... Yay! :notrust

Seems to be ... Franky OMG!!!

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2010, 03:14 AM
Wow, grown-up Sabo is awesome! Now I really want him back but man does he resemble Kaku...

For Oda to not show his face it seems he will return somehow.

Drago
August 18, 2010, 03:15 AM

Yup its Franky

here is the spoiler -->http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63120

deffkryz
August 18, 2010, 03:16 AM
Don't just look on Sabo... There's some hint "hidden" in Ace's tattoo, that Sabo is still dead.

damane08
August 18, 2010, 03:19 AM
Don't just look on Sabo... There's some hint "hidden" in Ace's tattoo, that Sabo is still dead.

yeah? well then..... tell us man. don't keep something like that a secret.
I personally want him to be alive but eh.

Baka_Sousui
August 18, 2010, 03:20 AM
I think someone should stop Drago posting in spoiler thread. All the spoilers mark "confirmed" have been fake so far.

baka-burg
August 18, 2010, 03:23 AM
So we have nami, franky, robin and brook in this one and besides franky, they seem to be doing what we expected.
I love seeing brook doing 40 degrees and failing rofl

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2010, 03:24 AM

Or that he thought he was dead...
If he was dead or rather if he doesn't fulfill anything anymore to the series why hide his face?

Anyway, seems like Franky is going to become quite the legend and Brooke is just too much:D

Funniest character ever!

vagabond87
August 18, 2010, 03:24 AM
Oda is always teasing us... I hope that spoilers dont cover entire chapter yet. I hoped to see Luffy in it or something that isnt about SH but we will probably get entire chapter only about SH.
And THIS IS Franky on one of the pics:smile-big

rickfox
August 18, 2010, 03:27 AM
No, not the one you quoted... But I went for this post (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2032145&postcount=3).

So neither Zoro nor Usopp this chapter... Yay! :notrust

Seems to be ... Franky OMG!!!

who says no Usopp?

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2032264&postcount=7

deffkryz
August 18, 2010, 03:29 AM
yeah? well then..... tell us man. don't keep something like that a secret.
I personally want him to be alive but eh.

The crossed S is missing. The hint that "ASL" is no longer possible due to Sabo being dead. It's all clear now - that's a "What if Sabo survived" image, nothing more, and certainly no confirmation that Sabo is alive.

who says no Usopp?

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2032264&postcount=7

When I posted my comment, the image showing Usopp hadn't been posted. And I took that line in the summary I linked as completely messed translation.

baka-burg
August 18, 2010, 03:33 AM
usopp is in it too. so we get a 21 page chapter. that's kind of nice, isn't it.

damane08
August 18, 2010, 03:37 AM
The crossed S is missing. The hint that "ASL" is no longer possible due to Sabo being dead. It's all clear now - that's a "What if Sabo survived" image, nothing more, and certainly no confirmation that Sabo is alive.

that still doesn't definitively prove that he's dead though... it is a "What if Sabo was alive" picture (the cover)
that would explain why Ace wouldn't have gotten the marked out S on his tattoo.... the thing is; he only got that marked out S in the first place because he thought that he was dead.

so i dont understand how that shows that he's dead.

I'm more excited to see Franky.... that guy is crazy man. I can't wait to have that part translated to read what he's up to.
he looks crazy in that tiger suit/skin.

i had L as the letter marked out in my post without realizing it.

vagabond87
August 18, 2010, 03:39 AM

I want to see in it how it should be now if Ace knew that Sabo was alive all the time..
Does anybody know what that gorill behind them have on peper between fingers? What is written on it?

LeDuck
August 18, 2010, 03:49 AM
So the crossed out S was indeed, because of Sabo's death. This makes the theory about luffy's tattoo being about names and not a message to his crew much more likely.

rickfox
August 18, 2010, 04:34 AM
BTW,those translation really sucks

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2032363&postcount=12

bittman
August 18, 2010, 05:48 AM
So it appears we get proper:
Nami
Robin
Franky
Ussop

Sort of get Brooke, but I feel like they might come back to him. 40 degrees is a good joke, but I expect some sort of musical learning to occur somewhere so there's always next chapter. Otherwise the Strawhat learning seems all very standard. Can't wait for the scan though, really enjoyed the Strawhats finding their resolve by being away from Luffy.

And Zoro got left out? Oda does love leaving his Zoro until last.

And since it's doubtful Zoro will take too much longer than the rest (say, a quarter of a chapter), it means we have the next chapter looking to be 3/4 other people. Lack of Luffy, so could be 3/4 about him, but I'd be very happy to dwell on some others.

Hacchi vs Kuma please.

goldb
August 18, 2010, 05:57 AM
Good chapter, no climax but a necessary step Oda had to take to move the story forward. From the rough translation it seems the RA Leaders have gathered or are gathering for the meeting in Baltigo and Robin is going there too. I think that's the most significant event that occurred in the chapter.

Brook saying "Bone to be Wild" was pure win :) and Tiger Franky was also great to see and it seems it's just getting worse for him now.

There was a lot of talk in different forums about Sabo being alive because of his appearance in the cover. That is not the case; I for one do hope he's alive but not because his appearance here. All this could be is Oda showing how Sabo would look had he been alive and confirming Ace's tattoo situation. That's all I take from this, but if it does turn out that he's alive then great.

Can't wait for the chapter.

rickfox
August 18, 2010, 06:00 AM
So it appears we get proper:
Nami
Robin
Franky
Ussop

Sort of get Brooke, but I feel like they might come back to him. 40 degrees is a good joke, but I expect some sort of musical learning to occur somewhere so there's always next chapter. Otherwise the Strawhat learning seems all very standard. Can't wait for the scan though, really enjoyed the Strawhats finding their resolve by being away from Luffy.

And Zoro got left out? Oda does love leaving his Zoro until last.

And since it's doubtful Zoro will take too much longer than the rest (say, a quarter of a chapter), it means we have the next chapter looking to be 3/4 other people. Lack of Luffy, so could be 3/4 about him, but I'd be very happy to dwell on some others.

Hacchi vs Kuma please.

we will see

chapter 524,the pages cover zoro's scenario got 33.3% more than other crew,

chapter 592 , 6 pages cover zoro's scenario got ,only 3-4 pages cover each other crew's scenario.

Ledoke
August 18, 2010, 06:10 AM
Ok, I'm now starting to think that Kidd is Sabo... Sabos face (http://img230.imageshack.us/i/137133.jpg/) looks like Kidds to me, or maybe its just that smile ;D

Spam286
August 18, 2010, 06:16 AM
Brook's rockin' out with a guitar. That makes me happy. Maybe he's going to improve his musical ability by going on tour and performing to capacity crowds worldwide.

LeDuck
August 18, 2010, 06:29 AM
Ok, I'm now starting to think that Kidd is Sabo... Sabos face (http://img230.imageshack.us/i/137133.jpg/) looks like Kidds to me, or maybe its just that smile ;D

Please, don't. Sabo is Sabo and he is most likely dead, that's all there is.

I think that the cover was only made to give us the hint about the tattoo, because everyone is curious about it. Though now that I think about it, lately we got a lot of covers that show us scenes that might happen, but most likely won't:

Shanks + Buggy
Rayleigh + Crocus
Sabo being alive

Andonan
August 18, 2010, 06:33 AM
I wanted Sabo to be dead, but now seeing him grown up i kinda want him to live :D I'm kinda a flopper like that!!!

I'm actually kinda disappointed i went crazy for 2 week fors a pretty plain chapter, well except the brooke joke that was hilarious hehe

hhv94
August 18, 2010, 06:38 AM
The only interesting tidbit in this chapter is the mysterious picture of a grown up Sabo. Looking forward to seeing how Oda will play this character out in the future since I have a feeling his about to make himself known soon enough. Looks like all Oda is doing is setting up the rest of the strawhat crew with their own goals to accomplish. And yeah I think it will probably cover Zoro and Sanji next and probably cover Luffy at the end. I HOPE we see Luffy's training!

sarutobi_sensei
August 18, 2010, 06:40 AM
Heh they all decide to train. Really nice :D Tough this means that they won't be together for some more time :\ Damn :|

I just want a timeskip now please.

stoz500
August 18, 2010, 07:01 AM

I think its unlikely Kidd is Sabo if Sabo is still alive (and I think he is) he won't turn up as a character we have already been introduced to. Also did anyone notice Ace's tattoo on the cover image? It is an alternative future with Ace, Sabo and Luffy grown up and together \but Ace's tattoo said ACE rather than with the crossed out S. What do you think this means?

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 07:12 AM
The most important thing in this spoiler IMO is the cover ... another hint for the Sabo theory being alive, if he is dead then it´s absolutely pointless for Oda to hide his face.
I´m not surprised or something because look at Moria, he was more likely dead and look how it has ended.

THM Nindo
August 18, 2010, 07:18 AM
Nice chapter!
Can't wait to see what's going on for Zoro...

And maybe we will get some explanation next week.

Seeing Sabo as an adult makes me think that he might live!!! :D

Bowser
August 18, 2010, 07:26 AM
Well...it's to be expected. I mean you don't just show Chopper and Tony, then neglect the rest. Zoro will be next and then hopefully we'll see some more.

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 07:32 AM
Please, don't. Sabo is Sabo and he is most likely dead, that's all there is.

I think that the cover was only made to give us the hint about the tattoo, because everyone is curious about it. Though now that I think about it, lately we got a lot of covers that show us scenes that might happen, but most likely won't:

Shanks + Buggy
Rayleigh + Crocus
Sabo being alive

if he had died as a kid why would Oda draw him as a young man? pointless :oh

goldb
August 18, 2010, 07:45 AM
If he is indeed alive, maybe he's become one of the RA leaders that Robin may meet in Baltigo.

rickfox
August 18, 2010, 07:45 AM

besides,If Sabo is dead ,then who is the one saved by Dragon?

Bluejam ?? that will be ridiculous.

bittman
August 18, 2010, 07:47 AM

Why would Oda draw the Strawhats playing musical instruments on a raft in order to summon 7 rainbow coloured eels? Pointless?

Oda has fun with his covers. If he's not having fun, its usually in big letters like "oh look here, something something part 1".

If the next cover is Whitebeard and Roger hi 5'ing can I seriously start long winded debates about them being alive? =P (Please do that for me Oda. I'll debate it to!)

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 07:55 AM
besides,If Sabo is dead ,then who is the one saved by Dragon?

Bluejam ?? that will be ridiculous.

True, but we haven't seen him he was´t shown at the moment of the explosion (http://www.mangareader.net/103-53160-8/one-piece/chapter-588.html) ... So we don´t know for sure what happened :)

creuss
August 18, 2010, 07:57 AM
Hacchi vs Kuma please.

hey, dat's not even a match... (well, if its buggy, he'll bet the hell out of kuma) :p

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 08:04 AM
Why would Oda draw the Strawhats playing musical instruments on a raft in order to summon 7 rainbow coloured eels? Pointless?

Oda has fun with his covers. If he's not having fun, its usually in big letters like "oh look here, something something part 1".

If the next cover is Whitebeard and Roger hi 5'ing can I seriously start long winded debates about them being alive? =P (Please do that for me Oda. I'll debate it to!)

You said it

about part 1 and part 2 ... hmm ... there is no need for it, it´s just a glimpse
I´m taking in consideration the fact that the cover is just for fun though.

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 08:13 AM
anyone else think sabo has similar facial features to kidd?

goldb
August 18, 2010, 08:16 AM

No. I don't... but maybe that's just me

4StepsAhead
August 18, 2010, 08:16 AM
Oda's just messing with us with the cover story......I bet he sits down every week and thinks hey how can I mess with my fans.....I know I'll draw Sabo on the cover. Fans see it....OMG SABO IS ALIVE............then they spam all the forums.

Neways the chapter seems nice....I thought Nami would go back and scam those old geezers into teaching her weather, and hell yes to her getting a new weapon, I wonder how powerful it will be? I also I wonder if she will equip her hands with some weapons incase she has to do an close range fighting.

Brooke, I know he's going to power up, I just can't figure out how......I mean who's going to teach him to use music as a weapon? Or how is he going to improve his sword skills.

Robin....meeting Dragon, I think besides the knowledge she will get some training in Stealth, and military tactics. Probably some information on the Marines military tactics and formations.

Next chp will be Zoro, Luffy and maybe and update on the Sunny...but I expect 1/4 of the chp to be Zoro and the rest Luffy related

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 08:18 AM

yes, Ledoke does

but Nah, too different styles, too different personalities, and basically have nothing in common.

Oda's just messing with us with the cover story......I bet he sits down every week and thinks hey how can I mess with my fans.....I know I'll draw Sabo on the cover. Fans see it....OMG SABO IS ALIVE............then they spam all the forums.

the crossed S (Ace´s tattoo) :)

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 08:21 AM
but Nah, too different styles, too different personalities, and basically have nothing in common.

it does seem a bit unlikely, but they definitely have a similar jawline and mouth. probably a coincidence

i really hope robins powerup brings her back up to baroque works levels. i want to see her holding off armies and manipulating the shit out of people again

i dont quite see what brook's powerup is going to be though

fdbgdg
August 18, 2010, 08:22 AM
so robin has fallen in love with luffy too?

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 08:26 AM

i doubt it. that would be awkward

i think it's just gratefulness to another human being for doing so much. can not wait for the timeskip

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 08:45 AM
it does seem a bit unlikely, but they definitely have a similar jawline and mouth. probably a coincidence

i really hope robins powerup brings her back up to baroque works levels. i want to see her holding off armies and manipulating the shit out of people again

i dont quite see what brook's powerup is going to be though
What baffles me is Robin, although, I think she might learn more about Poneglyphs and thus some info about the path to Raftel.
Brook ... hmm ... Music shows, I think he´ll be able to create illusions by his music.

she´s in love with Zoro (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2346-8/one-piece/chapter-239.html) :fan

moonster x
August 18, 2010, 08:47 AM
hahaha.. bone to be wild by brook... i wonder what is that song about..
and legend of burning monster make me laugh hard.... lol

RezzieThaRapper
August 18, 2010, 09:21 AM
If Sabo is alive, I think he should have a Zoan Devil fruit... mainly because Oda does everything in groups, and since Ace and Luffy got the other types it would be aa brotherly trio if he had a Zoan... but he could be really dead... I doubt it though, as I think he was the one Dragon saved...

I wonder what Robin can do to get stronger for luffy as she said... in my opinion Robin is already the strongest female in the series so far, even more so than Boa Hancock, because IMO I doubt Hancock could beat Robin... Aside from knowledge what is there left to gain...

What do you guys think the weatherball does... It suppose to be a devastating item right... how do you think Nami will use it

I hope next chapter we get more reaction shots... Johnny and Yosaku... Skypia... Nojiko and Genzo... The Usopp Pirates, Kaya, and the Butler... A couple old enemies... and maybe another checkup on the CP9...

Freid
August 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
The crossed S is missing. The hint that "ASL" is no longer possible due to Sabo being dead. It's all clear now - that's a "What if Sabo survived" image, nothing more, and certainly no confirmation that Sabo is all

your reaction if sabo is revealed to be alive would be awsome I must say.

I personally think that the picture of sabo as a young man hints to him bein alive. I mean sure the whole tattoo thing is only hints to a 'what if sabo survived' thing but I ain't sure.. if sabo is confirmed dead then I doubt Oda would show us a picture of him grown up. His supposed death in the flashback hasent been dwelt on since then so for Oda to now show him as a young man couple chapter after is abit fishy. Even more so that its during the time where Oda is focusin abit more on the revolutionaries.

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
The crews certain power-ups doesn't only cover growth in battle strength but in their respectively professions as well.

Franky, Nami, (Sanji,) Robin, and Chopper are all going to expand their knowledge and through that get stronger while (Sanji,) Ussop, Luffy and Zoro most likely are just getting stronger by fighting/training.

I think Brooke will probably share the same fate as Nami and Chopper growing stronger by knowledge and not really by regular physical training. While Robin achieves the most intel she will lack in physical growth, I think.

chess4
August 18, 2010, 09:29 AM
Chapter looks like its going to be great. Sabo is on the cover and he looks cool. Maybe is dead but maybe is alive. Either way this cover page has certainly thrown gas on the fire.

Just like sanji and chopper, looks like nami is going to get 2 upgrades. Looks like they are going to make the weather ball into a weapon for her and she will gain knowledge about the vast oceans and their ever changing weather.

Robin is goin 2 meet dragon, looks like she is going to stay with him for a while. Also robin is still not to trusting given all the stuff she has been through. She says she will get stronger but I don't know how, either way I'm sure dragon will help her.

Brook I have no idea what he is going to 2 do. He said he will get stronger so I'm sure oda has something up his sleeve. Maybe at 40 degrees that increases his strength.

Frankie has found vegapunks "real lab". So obviously he is going to get a weapons upgrade, he also might have something to add to the thousand sunny.

And finally.....my boy usopp is about to train under hercules. When usopp is determined he is a different person. Hesaid he is going to lose weight and turn it into muscles. Then he said he is going to become the true sniper king. I love it

ODA DROPPED HINTS THAT A TIMESKIP IS COMING. Nami said she needed a house, frankie said he live in the lab and come to the old mans house from time 2 time. Usopp has 2 lose weight robin said she will be under dragons wing for awhile.

FACE IT PEOPLE.....A TIMESKIP IS DEFINITELY IN THE WORKS

goldb
August 18, 2010, 09:37 AM
I just clocked that when Nami was talking to Haredas, they mentioned the New World island that was raining thunder; the same one where Urouge and his crew came across. There's so much that Nami is going to learn there. I first thought this was gonna be just a regular chapter but it turns out there's no regular chapter in OP, they're all awesome :)

Robin is getting a very lavish treatment by the Revolutionaries; sofas, blankets, food, lol what a woman. I can't wait to see all the Strawhats together and find out what they've learned on their individual journeys.

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 09:46 AM
So the crossed out S was indeed, because of Sabo's death. This makes the theory about luffy's tattoo being about names and not a message to his crew much more likely.

does he have any tattoo in this pic (http://www.mangareader.net/103-53160-18/one-piece/chapter-588.html)? so why would he put ACE and change his mind to add a crossed S to keep it as a personal memorial to Sabo´s death? :blink

LeDuck
August 18, 2010, 09:50 AM
Chapter looks like its going to be great. Sabo is on the cover and he looks cool. Maybe is dead but maybe is alive. Either way this cover page has certainly thrown gas on the fire.

Just like sanji and chopper, looks like nami is going to get 2 upgrades. Looks like they are going to make the weather ball into a weapon for her and she will gain knowledge about the vast oceans and their ever changing weather.

Robin is goin 2 meet dragon, looks like she is going to stay with him for a while. Also robin is still not to trusting given all the stuff she has been through. She says she will get stronger but I don't know how, either way I'm sure dragon will help her.

Brook I have no idea what he is going to 2 do. He said he will get stronger so I'm sure oda has something up his sleeve. Maybe at 40 degrees that increases his strength.

Frankie has found vegapunks "real lab". So obviously he is going to get a weapons upgrade, he also might have something to add to the thousand sunny.

And finally.....my boy usopp is about to train under hercules. When usopp is determined he is a different person. Hesaid he is going to lose weight and turn it into muscles. Then he said he is going to become the true sniper king. I love it

ODA DROPPED HINTS THAT A TIMESKIP IS COMING. Nami said she needed a house, frankie said he live in the lab and come to the old mans house from time 2 time. Usopp has 2 lose weight robin said she will be under dragons wing for awhile.

FACE IT PEOPLE.....A TIMESKIP IS DEFINITELY IN THE WORKS

Please, everything you mentioned still falls into the range of about one month. If you look closely, you can see that Franky managed to blow up the lab again and of course Nami wants to have somewhere to live, if she wants to study at the island for a few weeks. People need to stop being obsessed about this timeskip idea, yes there will be a skip, but it will be just enough time for everyone to get their stuff done and not years so they're able to steamroll everything in their way.

DARK
August 18, 2010, 09:54 AM
As expected, this chapter covered the rest of the crews' decisions to stay on their respective islands and continue their training, supplemented by a flashback when they met up with Luffy and joined his crew. Well, except for Zoro.

Lutzu
August 18, 2010, 09:55 AM
Please, everything you mentioned still falls into the range of about one month. If you look closely, you can see that Franky managed to blow up the lab again and of course Nami wants to have somewhere to live, if she wants to study at the island for a few weeks. People need to stop being obsessed about this timeskip idea, yes there will be a skip, but it will be just enough time for everyone to get their stuff done and not years so they're able to steamroll everything in their way.

i'm going to laugh so hard when we will see Sabo again in the manga and when the time-skip is going to happen,a month is not a time-skip and its not enough time ,and Franky didn't blow the lab read the translation,the time-skip it's coming maybe not in the next chapter but in the next one is going to be.

Aphalite
August 18, 2010, 09:58 AM
I AM SO HAPPY! 9000 thumbs up!

Seriously though, Oda's gags are incredible. 40 Degrees! Haha so tongue in cheek. And we now have a new running joke for Franky. With the same background of a mountain and him with a giant smile: "And that became known as the famous _____, talked about for generations to come".

Well worth the wait.

c0nflikt
August 18, 2010, 10:03 AM
I want to hope this cover means Sabo is alive, cause his dream of writing a book is so cool imo, but then again Kuina died and Oda just made Tashigi to troll us. so who knows.

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 10:09 AM
As expected, this chapter covered the rest of the crews' decisions to stay on their respective islands and continue their training, supplemented by a flashback when they met up with Luffy and joined his crew. Well, except for Zoro.

I guess zoro will have to figure out the message first and then work even harder ... I think this will be the beginning of the next chapter.

Bugzee
August 18, 2010, 10:15 AM
The chapter cover... sure is interesting this week. :blink

Ussopp'n has officially become an apprentice! \o/ As predicted by many, the majority of the SH's have decided to stay and train. I'm glad Franky has his eyes (and mind) set on upgrading the Sunny-go! :D

4StepsAhead
August 18, 2010, 10:23 AM
The crews certain power-ups doesn't only cover growth in battle strength but in their respectively professions as well.

Franky, Nami, (Sanji,) Robin, and Chopper are all going to expand their knowledge and through that get stronger while (Sanji,) Ussop, Luffy and Zoro most likely are just getting stronger by fighting/training.

I think Brooke will probably share the same fate as Nami and Chopper growing stronger by knowledge and not really by regular physical training. While Robin achieves the most intel she will lack in physical growth, I think.

I hope she doesn't ........I wanna see her get a lot stronger or invent new ways of using her fruit that help her grow a lot stronger, maybe she might start using her feet when attacking. I really excited to see the new level the SH crew will be at.

Maybe I should stop reading OP until 600. Hey Who's with me on this??? Boycott OP for 4 weeks??

johnnyb7
August 18, 2010, 10:30 AM
Go usopp! become the true sniper king!

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 10:31 AM
The chapter cover... sure is interesting this week. :blink

Ussopp'n has officially become an apprentice! \o/ As predicted by many, the majority of the SH's have decided to stay and train. I'm glad Franky has his eyes (and mind) set on upgrading the Sunny-go! :D
He´ll make it fly ( btw the tiger mask makes him look badass ) :XD

right now I want to know what Marco and Co are going to do, they are lost (chase Blackbeard, continue with their life ...)

DARK
August 18, 2010, 10:36 AM
Go usopp! become the true sniper king!

It'd be interesting if Usopp abandons his Sogeking persona once and for all after this training. He used it back in Enies Lobby and during his battle against Perona in Thriller Bark to feign courage and confidence.

Hopefully this experience will teach Usopp to become sure of himself for real.

anhdeptrai
August 18, 2010, 10:37 AM
Maybe I should stop reading OP until 600. Hey Who's with me on this??? Boycott OP for 4 weeks??

A man can live without food for 7 days, without water for 3 days but can't live without OP for 1 week. Sorry mate, that won't do!!! :D

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 10:42 AM
What baffles me is Robin, although, I think she might learn more about Poneglyphs and thus some info about the path to Raftel.
Brook ... hmm ... Music shows, I think he´ll be able to create illusions by his music.

i hope he learns something. at the moment he's just a shit version of zoro fighting wise

robin has room a lot for improvement. she was a total beast with baroque works, she just needs a little bit of that magic back. i'm hoping she becomes a lot more effective at psyching out her enemies and starts using her powers more creatively again.

DLord.Van.Buuren
August 18, 2010, 10:46 AM
Oda announced a training arc as expected, Im not goona go around throwing guesses on how each members is going to improve, just improving is enuff compared to their current state.

goldb
August 18, 2010, 11:10 AM
He´ll make it fly ( btw the tiger mask makes him look badass ) :XD

right now I want to know what Marco and Co are going to do, they are lost (chase Blackbeard, continue with their life ...)

I don't think we'll see them for a little while seeing as the SHs development is underway.

It'd be interesting if Usopp abandons his Sogeking persona once and for all after this training. He used it back in Enies Lobby and during his battle against Perona in Thriller Bark to feign courage and confidence.

Hopefully this experience will teach Usopp to become sure of himself for real.

I think this will be a step for Ussop in his journey to become a great warrior of the sea but he'll still have Sogeking for a little while.

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 11:20 AM
i actually hope we don't see how zoro's going to train. it'll be a nice surprise to see how he's changed after the timeskip

c0nflikt
August 18, 2010, 11:29 AM
I think theres a mighty chance Mihawk will be training zoro in an uncoventional way next chap, cause like when they first met Mihawk said something about being gentle or a gentleman to be strong. I think he might teach zoro manners or something and like how zoro is always training when he rests and learns he'll become that much stronger.

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 11:36 AM
I think theres a mighty chance Mihawk will be training zoro in an uncoventional way next chap, cause like when they first met Mihawk said something about being gentle or a gentleman to be strong. I think he might teach zoro manners or something and like how zoro is always training when he rests and learns he'll become that much stronger.

would you not find it a little strange though? being trained by the very person you hope to surpass?

abc1233
August 18, 2010, 11:49 AM
would you not find it a little strange though? being trained by the very person you hope to surpass?

it's pretty common though, the student training to surpass the teacher

zozo96
August 18, 2010, 11:58 AM
In this chapter, Oda shown us once more his quality as a great story-teller. He managed to strengthen the characters of the Strawhats even more. Especially, Robin. Her character development made my day (even more than Brook's "bone to be wild", lol). Only with the Strawhats, she feels at home. She won't go anywhere anymore (http://manga.animea.net/one-piece-chapter-431-page-11.html). I couldn't stop my tears from falling, reading her saying: "I've never felt this way before, wanting to be stronger for someone else."

Anyway, those statements of Ussop about how Luffy will need a strong crew, that he will not be a pirate king without their help made me thinking... may be that was Luffy's message. Luffy could make his way to the center of the scene in the marine headquarter and ringing the marine's bell, only with the help of Jinbei and Rayleigh. To become the Pirate King he will need his Crew to support him.

zerocooldx
August 18, 2010, 12:02 PM
The next 3-4 chapters are probably going to be similar to the last few. Just sort of setting the stage for all of the SH's to properly train and reunite. Although showing Sabo as almost an adult is a pretty interesting move.

Deepak5191
August 18, 2010, 12:14 PM

While anything in the picture may not be of use to any of us, it tells us something about Oda's plans. His refusal to show grown up Sabo's face tells me that Oda has plans for him still (you may not see it the same, but I liked the character and I can hope can't I? :P ) or at least is keeping his fate open to retcon him in to have something to do in the future.

While most say that Sabo's character was made just to set Luffy to grow into who he is now, Oda could have done that with a lot of other characters like one of Dadan's helpers instead of someone so dear to Luffy. Luffy creates bonds easily and even someone like Dogura could die protecting them would make him who he is now.

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 12:19 PM
it's pretty common though, the student training to surpass the teacher

i suppose. it just think it'd be a bit weird asking a guy to teach you how to kick his ass

i was hoping he'd just train against the gorillas

SirJack
August 18, 2010, 12:19 PM
Whew, wasn't the chapter coming out next monday?

Nonlife
August 18, 2010, 12:23 PM
Seems we're definately going to go through a timeskip beyond a few days, weeks. Maybe those additonal rings signified when they'd meet again. (Was 8 rings the required amount? How many times did Luffy ring it? Maybe each additional ring signifies a month?)

DARK
August 18, 2010, 12:27 PM
Seems we're definately going to go through a timeskip beyond a few days, weeks. Maybe those additonal rings signified when they'd meet again. (Was 8 rings the required amount? How many times did Luffy ring it? Maybe each additional ring signifies a month?)

Luffy rung the bell at Marineford 16 times. Ringing a bell 8 times is meant to show respect for the deceased. So Luffy rung the bell at Marineford for two people- Ace and Whitebeard/Sabo.

The number of times that the bell rang was not meant to signify how long of a timeskip this will be. We don't know how long the Straw Hats will meet up again. It could be weeks, months, or years.

Poneglyph420
August 18, 2010, 12:39 PM
Luffy rung the bell at Marineford 16 times. Ringing a bell 8 times is meant to show respect for the deceased. So Luffy rung the bell at Marineford for two people- Ace and Whitebeard/Sabo.

The number of times that the bell rang was not meant to signify how long of a timeskip this will be. We don't know how long the Straw Hats will meet up again. It could be weeks, months, or years.

Actually the ringing of the bells marks the "new year" traditionally, but could also mean the end of one age and the beginning of another..
Read the chapter prior to the last again.. especially the part with Killer...

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/73264755/11

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/73264755/10
Ringing the bell twice would be a sign of mourning.

But we don't know long the SH will be seperated.. or what Luffy's message was and moreso until time starts flying by there is no timeskip.
[hr]

Whew, wasn't the chapter coming out next monday?

That's the official release in Japan..

Isn't it nice being a pirate.?!

Schabrak
August 18, 2010, 12:40 PM
16 times, but it will stay a mistery if Odas message to the Mugiwaras has anything to do with it, or if it's one of the other doings. Why would all of them seem so happy, if they would still be parted for such a long time? I can't make any sense of those "years long time skip" theories.

Of course Nami would like her own house, she's kind of a diva and why would she want to share a house with the geezer any longer than needed? Everyone needs privacy.

DLord.Van.Buuren
August 18, 2010, 01:03 PM
It could also mean an amount of time, it could be something related to the japanese culture.

White Silver King
August 18, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hmmmm that pic of Sabo is making me think. I think it'd be super cool if Kaidou turns out to be Sabo (I know it's not gonna happen but it'd be cool).

Googlez_kun
August 18, 2010, 01:19 PM
I kinda dislike the flashbacks.They somehow take away the flow when i read it.

All in all and interesting set-up chapter.

DLord.Van.Buuren
August 18, 2010, 01:24 PM
Hmmmm that pic of Sabo is making me think. I think it'd be super cool if Kaidou turns out to be Sabo (I know it's not gonna happen but it'd be cool).

after forshadowing thier presence and casting their figures shadow, what you just said is wishful thinking, im gonna have to overcome it by pretending you weren't serious.

El-Thor
August 18, 2010, 01:33 PM
Sabo looks so badass !! His facial features (at least what we can see) are quite similar to Kidd. Not implying anything here, just thought I'd mention it.

Franky wearing a tiger skin or did he eat a zoan DF ?! OHOHOHO

Probably not though :s

DLord.Van.Buuren
August 18, 2010, 01:47 PM
.....yeah.

Not gonna happen implys two things as in impossible or 1 in a million chance.

I got the impression of the latter, by the way you need to elaborate on your posts more because you sound sarcastic.

cippy
August 18, 2010, 01:50 PM
Is it me or ace's tatoo is different in the cover story, it's ace instead of ASCE.

DLord.Van.Buuren
August 18, 2010, 01:55 PM
That was a wait a minute moment, oda is kind of giving the alternative of what could have happened if sabo didnt die, which ensures even more that sabo is dead.

urlaub
August 18, 2010, 02:00 PM
It is so nastygood that all the SH feel this debt and gratidude towards their captain. Amazing family of nakamas. They all are devoted to their captains dream now. Even Robin thinks the first time that she should get stronger for Luffy's stake. And Ussop also feeling that his strength is needed to make Luffy the pirate king. It almost felt as he thinks that Luffy is not strong enough to reach that goal himself, that he needs powerful back up. I think we should not take it as Luffy is not so strong to win against powerful oponents and needs the backup of his crew against an admiral for example in the future. That would be plain stupid. Imagine SH pirates in some pre-final battle against Akainu in ten years from now, fighting 10 against one, because Luffy and even Sanij and Zoror cannot take the admiral on at the same time.

ScratchmenApoo
August 18, 2010, 02:18 PM
Sabo looks so badass !! His facial features (at least what we can see) are quite similar to Kidd. Not implying anything here, just thought I'd mention it.

Franky wearing a tiger skin or did he eat a zoan DF ?! OHOHOHO

Probably not though :s

You should read the full chapter translation, you will know better then :)

Chapter gives good story, but pretty much what we'd mostly expect.
The most interesting part of the chapter, to me, was the cover page.

godaijutsu-no-hito
August 18, 2010, 02:28 PM
As I see it, Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Robin...possibly Usopp... will learn about using haki. Nami will be crazy powerful anyway with the weather at her command...though she is weak physically. Brook really needs to use more music based attacks and become really dangerous as that is a really difficult one to get past. Franky will obviously upgrade his cyborg nature and be invulnerable like Kuma's body. He will obviously get more weapons and knowhow. Chopper is likely to control his awakened Zoan form and learn about medicinal stuff even more. Usopp will become Soge king.

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 03:06 PM
Is it me or ace's tatoo is different in the cover story, it's ace instead of ASCE.

it presents an alternetive timeline where ace and sabo never died (or were never presumed dead). the s on ace's tattoo was suppose to signify sabo

Realtwisted
August 18, 2010, 03:17 PM
it presents an alternetive timeline where ace and sabo never died (or were never presumed dead). the s on ace's tattoo was suppose to signify sabo

Then who do you think Dragon save?...
the whole plot of Sabo as Revolutionary and his rejection toward his own noble heritage, and Dragon hatting noble would be better. We will soon see Dragon time to SHINE.

I think the picture is like, what would had happend if they weren't seperate.

4StepsAhead
August 18, 2010, 03:36 PM
Great so it's probably going to be Zoro, the Sunny and Luffy next week. Hopefully............Rayliegh will start explaining Haki to him (which he may not understand), but then he'll start fighting him.

I wonder if ODA is going to go more indebt into the adventures of each SH and then do a bit of a time skip? Or do a time skip after viewing what Luffy and Zoro are up to and a bit of what's going on in the world.

Xenos3421
August 18, 2010, 04:58 PM
Huh, He drew ace's eyes- why wouldn't Oda show sabo's face??

Because i think he's still alive. there wouldn't be any reason to give him a grown-up form complete w/ a new staff if he was dead. Besides, this is a guy who could beat ace 24 outa 50 times- he IS a monstertuck that walks like a man!

Two cannon shots and that lame hat floating around is gonna kill him? No no noooo.

He's still out there and this cover's more then enough proof Oda even knows what he'll look like.

hy4k
August 18, 2010, 04:59 PM
the whole plot of Sabo as Revolutionary and his rejection toward his own noble heritage, and Dragon hatting noble would be better. We will soon see Dragon time to SHINE.

basically it's a fantasy picture. none of it could have happened in the storyline but it imagines that all three of them were still alive, together and happy

it makes a nice cover though

El-Thor
August 18, 2010, 05:04 PM
He's still out there and this cover's more then enough proof Oda even knows what he'll look like.

Why wouldn't he know what he looks like, he created the character :p

But ya I think after this cover he is alive too.

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
so the message is kinda stay and learn from where you are (:p Kidding, it might be part of the message)

Nami: Rains of lightning...? Is this for real?
Haredas: That's an island in the New World. If you plan to travel that sea... you'll have to think outside of the box even more!

I think the island isn´t far for the entrance to the New World, because in this description it´s looks like the island Urouge is visiting now.

Bugzee
August 18, 2010, 05:20 PM
I think it's more than obvious that Haredas was referring to the island that Urouge has recently "visited" lol. It's actually pretty neat that Haredas and the rest of the scientists on Weatherie Island have so much data...I wonder whether Nami will learn something that will be vital for the SH's safety in the latter stages of the NW...hint hint wink wink....Raftel. :grin

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 05:24 PM

he wasn´t shown the moment of the explosion http://www.mangareader.net/103-53160-7/one-piece/chapter-588.html or so Oda wanted us to think.

bittman
August 18, 2010, 06:28 PM
he wasn´t shown the moment of the explosion http://www.mangareader.net/103-53160-7/one-piece/chapter-588.html or so Oda wanted us to think.

As much as showing dead bodies is ok for Shonen, showing the dead body of a young child is frightfully close to taboo as far as manga goes. Heck, even in a lot of bloody Seinin (like Hellsing or Gantz) you rarely see a kid being brutally murdered.

If Oda had shown the charred / drowned / bloodied body of a young boy his manga would instantly be 18+.

Also, still haven't seen the dead body of Tom, Olivia or Shanks' arm. Shanks' arm being alive would be awesomely "Day of the Tentacle".

masubiladin
August 18, 2010, 06:28 PM
I think that Franky is going to use the lab in the basement that have weapons blue prints and human cells researches to upgrade himself. And also Sunny will be even more big and more high tech this time.

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 06:36 PM
As much as showing dead bodies is ok for Shonen, showing the dead body of a young child is frightfully close to taboo as far as manga goes. Heck, even in a lot of bloody Seinin (like Hellsing or Gantz) you rarely see a kid being brutally murdered.

If Oda had shown the charred / drowned / bloodied body of a young boy his manga would instantly be 18+.

Also, still haven't seen the dead body of Tom, Olivia or Shanks' arm. Shanks' arm being alive would be awesomely "Day of the Tentacle".

You got me wrong, by "He" I meant Dragon not Sabo, @Realtwisted said : "Then who do you think Dragon save?..." and I said he wasn´t shown the moment of the explosion, or so Oda wanted us to think.
My bad, I guess I should have been more accurate. :)

Xenos3421
August 18, 2010, 06:39 PM
Why wouldn't he know what he looks like, he created the character :p

But ya I think after this cover he is alive too.

Yohohohoo! Solid point :)

that was badly worded.. O well.

I'm very pleased with everything im seeing- Nami and Usopp got some new toys, Franky and robin are doing exactly what they should be doing and Brook upgraded to guitar! (Still I think Brook's next powerup is just going to able to rock so hard he breaks physics).

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2010, 06:49 PM
if the weather ball is as powerful as it sounds, Nami might be able to create natural disasters like earthquake, volcano, hurricanes ...:plot :kukuku

Poneglyph420
August 18, 2010, 07:10 PM
if the weather ball is as powerful as it sounds, Nami might be able to create natural disasters like earthquake, volcano, hurricanes ...:plot :kukuku

I was thinking along the same lines..
Maybe each weather ball can fully harness a particular weather phenomenon.. Quake balls, and Tornado balls...
Great idea!

I'm really dying to see the new post tiger rug Franky!!!

DARK
August 18, 2010, 07:32 PM
Chapter is available on Mangastream, guys!
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/93580674/1

Poneglyph420
August 18, 2010, 07:49 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/93580674/4

The Lightining Rain...
most likely the island Urogue has arrived to... This is sick.. the new and approved SH will PWN!!

sarutobi_sensei
August 18, 2010, 07:51 PM
Thehehehe why do I have a feeling that we will actually get a time skip? Cause really, it's just pointing @ that. Only Zoro needs to be shown deciding that he needs to get stronger right?

Can't wait for the next chapter :D

El-Thor
August 18, 2010, 07:54 PM
What an awesome chapter. "Bone to be wild" HAHAHA ! That was awesome. But I get the feeling the SHs won't reunite for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised IF Luffy goes to Fishman Island with Jimbei.

DARK
August 18, 2010, 07:55 PM
"And so this became the [Legend of the Sacred Burning Beast of Baldimore], passed down through generations on the Grand Line."

So, this narration is told in passing. We have had clues from Whitebeard's death that the events of narration took place many years in the future. However, this alone is proof that the events taking place right now in the series and thereafter took place several hundred years ago.

jimm120
August 18, 2010, 08:00 PM
"And so this became the [Legend of the Sacred Burning Beast of Baldimore], passed down through generations on the Grand Line."

So, this narration is told in passing. We have had clues from Whitebeard's death that the events of narration took place many years in the future. However, this alone is proof that the events taking place right now in the series and thereafter took place several hundred years ago.

or maybe its just a narrative form.

kh2masta
August 18, 2010, 08:06 PM
with all these flashbacks of luffy helping/changing these people maybe hancock will join cause luffy did changed/helped her. maybe she'll start training with luffy.

p.s how long do you think this time skip is gonna be i mean nami is asking for her own house? haha

Nonlife
August 18, 2010, 08:13 PM
I'd from almost a year as a minimum, and 3 years as a maximum (from DBZ Android Saga). Although a 1 1/2 year sounds good to me.

DLord.Van.Buuren
August 18, 2010, 08:29 PM
I wonder if number sixteen refers to how much the crew should become stronger which is twice, there are eight members each member has to grow two times stronger than before. they way luffy exculded himself from that number means there is no obligation for him to , ringing the bell could mean its time to get stronger.

sarutobi_sensei
August 18, 2010, 08:30 PM

or maybe its just a narrative form.

Well, either if it is a narrative form, it still means that the story is only now being told. So we could all be watching a flashback xD

Anyway, ever since their separation in SA: There the Strawhats were totally and utterly defeated and on WB's death and now this, years have passed. So the narrator is telling a "story" to us readers and implying that what we are seeing is just part of that story.

Meh, who cares, it's nice anyway :D Gives us another thing to think about the manga :D

with all these flashbacks of luffy helping/changing these people maybe hancock will join cause luffy did changed/helped her. maybe she'll start training with luffy.

p.s how long do you think this time skip is gonna be i mean nami is asking for her own house? haha
If the time skip happens, which it will most likely, it'll be either 1 year, 2 years or 3 years. I take it for 2 years. We learned that Luffy wouldn't be 17 anymore when after the 10th movie, so, the next movie, next year, he'll be older as will all of them.

Brooke's new song, Bone to be Wild is probably epic xD

I wonder if the anime will put the theme song Born to be wild in the background xD

Nonlife
August 18, 2010, 08:33 PM
I hope the crew is still fairly young after the timeskips, (Robin - early 30s, Franky, mid/late 30s, Brook - does it matter?, everyone else- early 20s?)

zerocooldx
August 18, 2010, 08:38 PM
Well i guess now we know that its been less then one month, manga time, since the SH's were separated. And i don't see them being separated for longer then a few more months tops.

peinfollower
August 18, 2010, 08:47 PM
I've been reading One Piece just as long as I have Naruto and Bleach and I gotta say, I wasn't exactly in favor for a time skip at first, but so long as the next couple of chapters don't show the crews training and show only Luffy's I'll be happy. Im sort've hoping to see the results of they're training after the crew reunites and are in a battle in the New World. But to be completely honest, I just want the crew to reunite as quickly as possible.

Bugzee
August 18, 2010, 09:04 PM
Well I get the impression that the SH's will be staying on their respected islands for a while now...I still believe that something EPIC will occur or will be revealed to us in ch. 600; possibly Dragon-related!? ;)

Franky's just like a lil kid again with all those blueprints, materials, equipment, etc infront of him.... I love it. :D New and improved Usopp with muscles! :shakefist Waiting two weeks for the content of this chapter was partly satisfying but I'm still hungry for more...I really want to know what's going on with Zoro...

I miss Sogeking. ><

Kaiser Will
August 18, 2010, 09:04 PM
Just read the chapter, and WOW! It's awesome, well, we were expecting this, but still, it was amazing.
Nami have a curious ability to turn the course of actions with her performance. I mean, she make those old guys apologize to her, lol, how can she do that so easily?
Robin meeting Dragon is going to be a nice development, and I expect that we finally get to know a little better about the secrets of OP.
And, Nami and Robin are so~ in love with Luffy!
Franky is a serious case. Wherever he goes is a sign for trouble. He's on Baldimore for at least 1 month and create two major events.
And Usopp is finally going to be courageous. Although his cowardness was funny.

Edit: BTW a week without OP sucks. I almost collapsed from boredom.

Sameas
August 18, 2010, 09:28 PM
Actually I didn't expect much from this chapter. Until I read it I just wanted the crew to be united again for them to be able to go on with their travel over grand line. Reading 596 I recognized that the crew are as united as ever, maybe even more (in their hearts).
All of them may have their own quest but they fulfill them as straw hats.

It's so nice to see Robin smile and remembering her time with the crew, awesome drawing by Oda there.
Usopp's gonna be overkill after receiving training by Heracles. He's gained that much weight, the outcome must be a lot of muscle... I got a feeling we will be stunned by his appearance after this training arc.

If Usopp and Nami get as strong as it's foreshadowed I wonder what the monster trio's gonna accomplish by their respective training. I guess it wouldn't be out of range for powerhouses like Jinbei or Hancock to join the crew because seriously...
The strongest argument for them to not join was their insane strength in comparison to the rest of the crew. This might change now drastically.

I've been reading One Piece for twelve years now, I always loved the story and how it's been told. Adventure after adventure, just one big flow of awesomeness without time being that much of a topic in OP world. Of course I'm sceptic regarding the upcoming time skip (very likely if not confirmed) but after this chapter I somehow feel easy about it. In Oda we trust!

goldb
August 18, 2010, 09:29 PM
Just read the chapter, and WOW! It's awesome, well, we were expecting this, but still, it was amazing.
Nami have a curious ability to turn the course of actions with her performance. I mean, she make those old guys apologize to her, lol, how can she do that so easily?
Robin meeting Dragon is going to be a nice development, and I expect that we finally get to know a little better about the secrets of OP.
And, Nami and Robin are so~ in love with Luffy!
Franky is a serious case. Wherever he goes is a sign for trouble. He's on Baldimore for at least 1 month and create two major events.
And Usopp is finally going to be courageous. Although his cowardness was funny.

Edit: BTW a week without OP sucks. I almost collapsed from boredom.

No, the marine actually says that Franky was last seen in Sabaody just under a month ago.

I think of all the developments to be seen, I'm most looking forward to Robin meeting Dragon.

As Buggy said, I too am hoping that chapter 600 will be EPIC and show us some new awesome stuff and maybe new characters. Hopefully we'll see the Revolutionary Army Leaders and a few other new faces and etc...

godaijutsu-no-hito
August 18, 2010, 09:41 PM
In all likelihood, chapter 600 will be the reunion chapter. But then the chapter count just doesn't add up. If chapter 597 will show Zoro and Luffy, what will happen in chapter 598 and 599...I wonder.

My guess is that chapter 598 will have something about WG & BB. Chapter 599 will be some informational thing about what has happened in the timeskip and will end with Luffy appearing. And in Chapter 600, we will see the grand reunion.

Skyrius
August 18, 2010, 09:49 PM
This chapter really made something hit home with me. Up until now, the crew has always believed in Luffy, and relied on him. And Luffy has never let them down. But the thing I noticed the most was what Usopp said. I've always had a feeling that most of the crew believed in Luffy so strongly after all that he's done for them, that they might have been deluding themselves, forgetting that Luffy can be hurt too, that he can lose too. He supported them when their spirits were breaking and has always bounced back from blows. In some ways this is his first, true failure that he can't redo, can't try again. And seeing the crew realize that he needs them to support him just as he supports them is just...touching.

Kaiser Will
August 18, 2010, 09:59 PM
No, the marine actually says that Franky was last seen in Sabaody just under a month ago.

I think of all the developments to be seen, I'm most looking forward to Robin meeting Dragon.

As Buggy said, I too am hoping that chapter 600 will be EPIC and show us some new awesome stuff and maybe new characters. Hopefully we'll see the Revolutionary Army Leaders and a few other new faces and etc...

Ohh you are right, just reread the chapter.

Me too, Robin development, if shown, will be quite interesting. Maybe, I said maybe the RA is a remanescent of the Ancient Kingdom, or they somehow found out something about the blank century, and since then, they are trying to restore the Kingdom freeing the countries from the WG. Just a crazy idea.

El-Thor
August 18, 2010, 10:01 PM
Why are people making such a fuss about chapter 600. Is there something I missed?

On Topic, I completely agree with Skyrius. The crew finally began to realize that THEY need to do something to help Luffy. So far they've been relying on him to save them all. It's time to repay the debt. I also LOVED seeing Robin blush :)
But this also makes me wonder if Oda left Zoro out of this chapter on purpose. If I remember correctly, Zoro is the only one who actually vowed to make Luffy the Pirate King. Zoro always relied on his own strength and fought his own battles, even though Luffy saved him a few times. I hope we will see some different development from Zoro next chapter.

masubiladin
August 18, 2010, 10:08 PM
So next week will show Luffy and Zoro's determination to become stronger. And we might be able to see how haki work very soon. Not only that things are getting very interesting at how the strawhat power get power up especially nami and ussop.

Kaiser Will
August 18, 2010, 10:24 PM
Why are people making such a fuss about chapter 600. Is there something I missed?

On Topic, I completely agree with Skyrius. The crew finally began to realize that THEY need to do something to help Luffy. So far they've been relying on him to save them all. It's time to repay the debt. I also LOVED seeing Robin blush :)
But this also makes me wonder if Oda left Zoro out of this chapter on purpose. If I remember correctly, Zoro is the only one who actually vowed to make Luffy the Pirate King. Zoro always relied on his own strength and fought his own battles, even though Luffy saved him a few times. I hope we will see some different development from Zoro next chapter.

Well, There aren't many mangas that reach the 600th chapter, and let the fans so excited about the upcoming events.

I agree with your point of view, OP reached a point that Luffy, Zoro and Sanji can no longer carry, alone, the burden of the only main fighters of the crew.
Funny you say that about Zoro, he and Luffy have a interesting history together, they both makes vows stating that the companion of the PK must be the strongest swordsman. So the training for those two will be quite different. Because, Luffy is with Rayleigh, don't really need to say anything, and Zoro is with Mihawk, the strongest swordsman.
This will be quite a nice thing to see they together again.

ceasar
August 18, 2010, 10:54 PM
Well, There aren't many mangas that reach the 600th chapter, and let the fans so excited about the upcoming events.

I agree with your point of view, OP reached a point that Luffy, Zoro and Sanji can no longer carry, alone, the burden of the only main fighters of the crew.
Funny you say that about Zoro, he and Luffy have a interesting history together, they both makes vows stating that the companion of the PK must be the strongest swordsman. So the training for those two will be quite different. Because, Luffy is with Rayleigh, don't really need to say anything, and Zoro is with Mihawk, the strongest swordsman.
This will be quite a nice thing to see they together again.

Yeah luffy and zoro are with their respective legends rayliegh was the first mate for roger so he is the most direct link to the former pirate king. While zoro has become mihawk's apprentice which is interesting ever since their first fight mihawk has wanted too see zoro develop so I see maybe zoro getting new swords and of course increasing his power. Luffy will of course learn haki and maybe learn fishman karate hmm is that even possible.

ripmyg
August 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
Alright, I’m sure this has already been said, but i want to talk about the SHs and how each member will become stronger
Note: this is just a hypothesis; don’t bash me for things that are plausible.
Nami-I think nami will return and receive a new weapon involving the rope and all the other weather equipment and knowledge, she will also learn a new navigational technique?

Ussop-I think he will burn off the fat due to his hard work and possibly turn it in to muscle, I want him to gain confidence and fight people like he did against luffy, he may even find some substance on the island that would serve as some sort of ammo(getting tired of those yellow pebble things)

Robin-I think that robin will meet up with dragon and receive a ton of info on the new world, and gain contacts and safe havens across the new world.

Franky-Do I even have to say? He is obviously going to rebuild his body with the sketches he stole, and put some new weaponry in his body from the ruins, he will possibly even have the knowledge to upgrade the thousand sunny?(but can it get any more badass?)
?

haha i so called these 3, im not one to brag, but i got so much crap for saying that ussop would turn his fat in to muscle. so for everyone who made fun of me......

and awesome chapter, this makes me think that their is a huge possibility for zoro in his level of strength(gorillas, new sword, mihawk duels?) since luffy is probably gonna get a TON stronger with haki im guesing that zoro will have to do the same to stay on the same level.

Andonan
August 18, 2010, 11:13 PM
I dunno what to think, I really think a year would be ridiculous but at the same time i don't..... It''s just the thing is the pace of this manga would have to really slow in NW if there is a large ts. Let me explain......

WB and Shanks have been in NW for years, we don't know why Shanks never made it RF, maybe the compass logs start changing from weeks to years idk..... but BB now really is strong and is set to be PK, we know that WB never really wanted to and that Shanks bet on Luffy, so it could be possible that neither have become PK even though they could of (this was def the case for WB). So if Luffy and the SH's can afford to spend years training won't Oda have to explain why BB hasn't become PK in that time???

I'd rather there be 3-6months ts and keep the pace of the manga as it is, ie approx 50-100 chapters each island than have continual time skips while the SH's wait for their logs to set.

At the end of the day I have complete faith in Oda, but I have curious how he is going to justify the lack of progression from ppl like BB if there is a few years in the time skip.....

DARK
August 18, 2010, 11:15 PM

Zoro is Luffy's first mate, the single second most important character in the crew other than the Captain himself. In addition, Zoro was the first person to have joined Luffy's crew.

This could be the reason why Oda purposely decided to keep Zoro out of this chapter. I doubt it was because he didn't have the room. Perhaps Oda wanted to do something special about Zoro, especially since both Mihawk and Perona are involved.

Andonan
August 18, 2010, 11:30 PM
As far as Sabo is concerned if he is alive we haven't met him, unless this guy:
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/55562012/10
that Do Flo is talking to is him......the long arms, the square years, the fact that he's wearing a hat. But honestly I doubt it, if he's alive he's probably a revolutionary leader who we haven't seen yet..... It's a pity Iva didn't hear Luffy's story it would have been hella funny if Luffy had had that made deep story, and after coming out of it Iva says
"you know I know a guy named Sabo, stupid idiot always wearing a stupid top hat"
Luffy: "WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
[hr]
P.S Also there is now no doubt in my mind the first two letters of Luffy's tatoo is a crossed out S and A, and probablly the last two are a symbolic message from Luffy for Luffy, got nothing to do with the crew.

I like that the ringings could imply time it takes for thet SH's to double the powers, but I also don't think that is right. My guess is that its a message for a message, something like "wait until you hear from me again and that is wear and when we will meet"

kulugo
August 18, 2010, 11:33 PM
1. oda will skip their training and we will see them united at chapter 600.
2. the time travel from east blue to baltigo (grand line) will be the length of their training. (robin's travel to meet dragon)
3. we wont see their upgrades or their new looks until chapter 600.
4. we already saw zoro and sanji last chapter.

Andonan
August 18, 2010, 11:40 PM
Could the other 2 characters be a promise to his dead brothers..... 2Y is what it looks like, maybe meaning "I will be PK in 2 years time" who knows
[hr]

1. oda will skip their training and we will see them united at chapter 600.
2. the time travel from east blue to baltigo (grand line) will be the length of their training. (robin's travel to meet dragon)
3. we wont see their upgrades or their new looks until chapter 600.
4. we already saw zoro and sanji last chapter.

Um no we saw chopper and sanji last chapter....zoro will be with luffy next chapter i bet

GPZrag
August 18, 2010, 11:41 PM
As far as Sabo is concerned if he is alive we haven't met him, unless this guy:
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/55562012/10
that Do Flo is talking to is him......the long arms, the square years, the fact that he's wearing a hat. But honestly I doubt it, if he's alive he's probably a revolutionary leader who we haven't seen yet..... It's a pity Iva didn't hear Luffy's story it would have been hella funny if Luffy had had that made deep story, and after coming out of it Iva says
"you know I know a guy named Sabo, stupid idiot always wearing a stupid top hat"
Luffy: "WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
[hr]
P.S Also there is now no doubt in my mind the first two letters of Luffy's tatoo is a crossed out S and A, and probablly the last two are a symbolic message from Luffy for Luffy, got nothing to do with the crew.

I like that the ringings could imply time it takes for thet SH's to double the powers, but I also don't think that is right. My guess is that its a message for a message, something like "wait until you hear from me again and that is wear and when we will meet"
that guy you mention, is most likely someone linked to Vegapunk, or MAYBE Vegapunk himself... which, frankly, i doubt; because to me it seems that Vegapunk is hella strong and scary.

Andonan
August 19, 2010, 12:13 AM
True the important thing to note though is that Oda doesn't hide a person's face for no reason, if it was vegepunk why not just introduce him?!? Who knows anyway, prediction for next chapter:

Luffy and Zoro's training will begin, my guess is we see Zoro beating a whole heaps of apes and then says:
"it's too early to go back yet.......HAWKEYES!"
Mihawk: "hmmmmmm"
Zoro: "Duel me"
Mihawk: "Come Pirate hunter, let us see how far you're come since last time you taste my black blade"

And Luffy will probably ask the question (FINALLY) of how Ray fought with Kizaru if he is not a DF user (as that is now confirmed considering he swam to AL)....

8 months taht is my prediction for the time skip, and prepare for FI to be the biggest blow out in SH history, whoever has the unlucky fortune to be the first group to confront the new SH's isn't going to last longer than 10 seconds. (and those facing the monster trio will have trouble lasting 2)

Kaizoku-O Luffy
August 19, 2010, 12:17 AM
After i saw the spoiler i though chapter will be so so but after reading it was pretty good i thought. So next week we'll see zoro fighting those baboons and we learn more about haki next week and whether luffy is in amazon lily or still traveling on that marine ship or somewhere else. So urogue went to an island which had a lightning rain that's very frightening. Looks like nami has her handful.

Could someone tell me how robin gonna get stronger by meeting dragon she will get a bit more intel on the lost century other that and what is brook gonna do to get stronger by being confined there?

Darek Khort
August 19, 2010, 12:23 AM
Usopp'n is going to start shooting insta-growth, vine-like man-eating plants. :O Or at least seeds that - when it comes into contact at high-speed; will instantly grow into very strong vines that bind opponents and crush them under the growth.

That's my theory for one of Usopp's attacks.

Can't wait to see what new moves everyone has by the time their training is over.

Enjoyed the chapter. Loved Franky's part. :D So cool~

kulugo
August 19, 2010, 12:32 AM
Could the other 2 characters be a promise to his dead brothers..... 2Y is what it looks like, maybe meaning "I will be PK in 2 years time" who knows
<hr noshade size="1">

Um no we saw chopper and sanji last chapter....zoro will be with luffy next chapter i bet

my mistake, sorry bout that.

i hope this training wont last for 2 years. that's just.... wrong.. why would they train alone, longer than their adventure from before up to this point.

Black Lagoon
August 19, 2010, 12:41 AM
my mistake, sorry bout that.

i hope this training wont last for 2 years. that's just.... wrong.. why would they train alone, longer than their adventure from before up to this point.

in an adventure they won´t get the chance to master or just focus on how to take their selves to the next level. And dont worry I don´t think it will last more than a month or 2. (Well, I guess the SHs know exactly how long it´ll last)

Andonan
August 19, 2010, 01:03 AM
My prediction was always "they said three days", it'll be trhee months, and its been a month since there separation and the end of the war (roughly) so two more months would be ideal....

StrangePath
August 19, 2010, 01:12 AM
WOW!! :D

this chapter had it all....
made me laugh, made me cry, pumped me up :D:D:D

Absolutely amazing chapter..everyone wants to get stronger..
especially Ussopnn..who wants to have muscle and wants to be the
'True King of Sniper' HELL YEA!!:D:D

Trivia: (Zoro will defeat Hawkeye before he gets off that island) :)

Katz
August 19, 2010, 01:20 AM
WOW!! :D

this chapter had it all....
made me laugh, made me cry, pumped me up :D:D:D

Absolutely amazing chapter..everyone wants to get stronger..
especially Ussopnn..who wants to have muscle and wants to be the
'True King of Sniper' HELL YEA!!:D:D

Trivia: (Zoro will defeat Hawkeye before he gets off that island) :)

To answer your trivia question.....No, Zoro is still no where near Hawkeye's level of ability, Zoro is still having trouble with those gorillas, who cower in fear of Milhawk, IDK really when Zoro/Milhawk will have they're clash but maybe in the last couple chapters of OP he'll achieve the title but I don't think it'll be for a long long time.

But yea it was a great chapter, it was great how each crew member thought back to their time when first meeting Luffy etc etc/

Ero-Sanji
August 19, 2010, 01:27 AM
I'm really excited of what Sanji and Robin will leanrn in terms of fighting skills. Those are imo the hardest to evolve. Zoro and Luffy will probably both learn Haki.

This time-skip everybody is talking about, I don't think it will be so long. It will probably be a month not much more. The SH will enter not that much after Law. They still need a rivalry motivation and that will be found the other Supernovas.

Poneglyph420
August 19, 2010, 01:42 AM
Very nice to see things all falling into place.. but more than anything to see all the SH (up to now) not only reflecting but thinking of Luffy and how they need to help him. I also wonder if perhaps the SH now realize that they cannot depend on Luffy (or the "monster trio) to "cover for them". I also look forward to see the SH as they develop, nevermind I'm sure we will see Zoro next chapter.. and I wonder if he has healed, and what's up with Perona??

I'm very interested on how Oda will handle the passage of time in the next few chapters..
Not sure what will happen in Ch. 600, but confident the SH reunion is a looming topic. For sure it will be a landmark, as mangas usually don't last that long..
As far as all this timeskip stuff.. I can't see a passage of more than 3 months IMO.
But i'd really think it would be perhaps even less than that.

There is so much going on around the SH crew, I hope we don't miss too much of the moments that define their impending improvement. I am as excited as anyone to see a reunited SH in the NW sailing ahead.. But really think that it would be wise to let their growth be seen flash by flash. I really want to see more of Zoro and Mihawk and Robin and Dragon and more of Luffy.. which hopefully also means Hancock too... Guess it's just a matter of time..

OdaForPresident
August 19, 2010, 04:51 AM
The most intriguing part of this chapter has got to be the cover page. First of all the different tattoo on Ace's arm. Now it clearly says AOE and not ASCE so that must have something to do with Sabo dieing.

The other thing is the fact that Sabo's face is blocked from view, to me this is a clear indication that Sabo will be coming back. Why otherwise would Oda hide his face? He always hides faces of characters which will be introduced later on. A few examples: Garp, Sentomaru, the Admirals and now that WG guy Doflamingo was talking to. So I'm hoping this means that we'll see Sabo (or maybe we've already seen him).

baka-burg
August 19, 2010, 04:52 AM
The chapter is quite nice and funny. The strawhats all finally get the treatment that everybody was expecting for over a year now. No surprises with that. Next chapter will obviously contain Zoro and Luffy starting their 'training'. We still need information on the Buggy thing and the Kuma and Sunny thing. I also hope to see some of the yonkou next chapter.

I'll go with a time skip of 6 months. Because it's not too long but you can achieve quite something in such a time. As for the SN and BB having an advantage from that, I don't think that will be too big. We have seen the new era starting with chaos and chaos will be present some more time. There is a huge number of forces going wild in the NW right now, and they are preventing each other from stepping forwards. Law's idea to wait was actually the best. Just count

-7SN (minus Luffy, Zoro, Law, Bonney)
-3yonkou
-Marco +WB pirates
-BB
-quite a lot NW-pirates
-the marines (I don't know who of the top marines will be present in the NW, at least smoker)
-perhaps dofla
-crocodile
-not sure about moria's and buggy's plans
-the revolutionary's will act soon, I think
-jimbei, hancock are still possible to join SH but could still also go alone

That's massive (and not easy to handle for Oda, while he has to focus on strawhats). So I'll go with half a year time skip. Then there should be a little relaxing in the NW. The new balance of powers should be clearer. Then Law and the SH's will enter and change a lot

bittman
August 19, 2010, 05:20 AM
I'm really excited of what Sanji and Robin will leanrn in terms of fighting skills. Those are imo the hardest to evolve

Uhh, on Sanji I thought his upgrade was coming quite soon and would be quite obvious. If we look at some of the more recent Sanji battles, we see him against Kuma twice nearly breaking his legs simply defending.

Sure, even Zoro cannot cut the Pacifista metal, but when Zoro fails he can try again. Currently, when Sanji failed his legs were damaged. Despite having just as much versatiliy in combat ability (minus the ranged attacks) as Zoro and Luffy, Sanji has lacked a lot of the raw power and endurance of the rest of the monster trio. Instead, Sanji has always been about piling on numerous attacks with rarely just that one big one.

Whether Oda continues this "pile on" damage with Sanji or dramatically increases his power output I'm not too sure. Honestly, between running and fighting 99 okama kempo masters I think Oda is trying to increase both equally.

I look forward to a Sanji that can even dent/pierce Kuma.

hdiuy
August 19, 2010, 05:48 AM
Gragh this week's chapter just got my interested in some of the upgrades. I'm super excited about Nami's, Franky's and Ussop's upgrade. I get a feeling that Robin will be learning politics from Dragon lol. I'm not sure how Brooke will improve though, maybe he'll learn new songs that will stun/poison the enemy. But it sounds too ridiculous .

senewe
August 19, 2010, 06:09 AM
Maybe Mihawk got one or two sacred 8 sword? why don't he give it to zoro? or what about 'I'll give you one if you can drop my hat''?
and I'm still calling for Robin being Dragon's daughter.

Agnamaracs
August 19, 2010, 06:27 AM

Don't you think after all those years, after luffy thinking he was dead that kidd wouldn't actually tell luffy if he is sabo

El-Thor
August 19, 2010, 06:38 AM
Hmm, now that I got a closer look at Ace's tattoo, doesn't is seem more like a AOE than ACE ? Probably just reading too much into it.
Also looks like the Gorilla they're running from was making dinner or something and they ate it and bailed ! :D

I REALLY want to see what sort of training Zoro will undergo. That dude has it all, he just needs to learn to have powerful strikes like Mihawk does.

Doomchen
August 19, 2010, 06:40 AM
Hmm, now that I got a closer look at Ace's tattoo, doesn't is seem more like a AOE than ACE ? Probably just reading too much into it.
Also looks like the Gorilla they're running from was making dinner or something and they ate it and bailed ! :D

I REALLY want to see what sort of training Zoro will undergo. That dude has it all, he just needs to learn to have powerful strikes like Mihawk does.

I think if there will be some sort of training by mihawk it will be techniques. Zoro should be close to Mihawks level when it comes to pure physical strength. I believe there's just a huge gap in swordsman skills

Freid
August 19, 2010, 06:46 AM
I'm not in favour of the whole upgrade to sunny thing. I mean, its already probably the best ship in onepiece right now. Franky shouldn't be worrying about getting the ship an upgrade and should upgrade himself. Even if he is going to do both, I don't see any reason for him to upgrade the ship at all. Eventually it wouldn't even be like a ship anymore if its bombarded with all this technology. Franky says he wants the ship to be able to sail the new world but its probably able to already. Other pirates ships probably ain't half as good as the sunny but I'm sure Oda is going to make them sail the new world nicely.

kidopitz27
August 19, 2010, 06:49 AM
zoro's weakness is for only having one dream and that is to become the greatest swordsman in the world but mihawk already has that title thats why all of SH crew are all aim to be the best on their occupation for the future pirate king not just to boast that they are the greatest but they are the future pirate king's crew (the best crew) in the world

natli
August 19, 2010, 07:32 AM
40 degrees! Burning tigers! Sky grandpas! Robin being cool! Usopp being fat! :D

I miss the entire crew ;.;

And it doesn't look like they're gonna meet anytime soon. I hope that when they do, they'll get a really cool entrance, like Dragon in Rouge Town.... or Nigtmare Luffy on ThillerBark! :D

Sky_Master
August 19, 2010, 08:20 AM
I think Brooke can learn improve his sword tech the name of the place where he is
"Sword Mountain" so that can mean someting.

The SH are upgrading :)

4StepsAhead
August 19, 2010, 08:22 AM
zoro's weakness is for only having one dream and that is to become the greatest swordsman in the world but mihawk already has that title thats why all of SH crew are all aim to be the best on their occupation for the future pirate king not just to boast that they are the greatest but they are the future pirate king's crew (the best crew) in the world

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying........you're saying that Zoro's weakest is that he wants to become the greatest swordsman?

Neways I think it's cool how everone's goal/dreams ties into Luffy becoming pirate king, and most likely won't accomplish them without supporting Luffy.

Nami- wants to create a map of the world
Sanji- Wants to find the all blue
Robin- Learn the history
Ussop- Be a courageous warrior
Zoro- Greatest Swordsman
Brooke- Meet with the whale
Franky- Sail around the world in his dream ship which he built.
Chopper- I can't remember his.....was it to see the world?

Andonan
August 19, 2010, 08:37 AM
Wow you know what I just realised, Oda could be setting up for the monster trio to face the three admirals.

Luffy vs Akainu (REVENGE)
Zoro vs Kizaru (swordsman)
Sanji vs Aokiji (left over/ ice vs fiery legs haha)

That would be wicked!!!!!

I simply can't wait to see ray vs luffy spars and zoro vs mihawk spars even if we only get glimpses/ flashbacks

Ero-Sanji
August 19, 2010, 08:38 AM
Chopper- I can't remember his.....was it to see the world?

No, well that also but his main goal is to become the greatest doctor and being able to cure any disease he would ever stumble across.

Fox666
August 19, 2010, 09:45 AM
That was Hiruluk dream, which is assumed by fans to be Chopper's. However, Chopper never actually said what is his dream, does he?

Realtwisted
August 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
Don't you think after all those years, after luffy thinking he was dead that kidd wouldn't actually tell luffy if he is sabo

U know Smoker and Kid look alike, THEY MUST BE BROTher, hahah.

4StepsAhead
August 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
Well I reread some of Chopper's arc, and I only saw him say he's leaving with Luffy to see the world.... but I'm not sure if that's his dream.

Can anyone help with this?

goldb
August 19, 2010, 09:54 AM
That was Hiruluk dream, which is assumed by fans to be Chopper's. However, Chopper never actually said what is his dream, does he?

Yes it was Hiruluk's dream which Chopper also took on after leaving the Drum Kingdom with the SHs. He wants to become a great doctor that can cure any disease and travel the world with the crew, exploring new islands and expanding his horizons.

dqrt
August 19, 2010, 09:56 AM
It was said during the manga that chopper wants to find the ultimate cure that can cure any disease don't remember how they call it tho.

Wolf D. Arius
August 19, 2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah.. i knew it xD i knew there would be a big surprise in this chapter, and now: Franky found another lab of Vegapunk and is going to live in it =)

And also: Bone to be wild -lol- Brook is indeed a very funny guy.. i bet he thought a lot when he was alone, and so he got all the skull / bone jokes *g*

Its funny though, but somehow clear, that Zoro Sanjii and Luffys Powerups are shown at last. I mean, they are the damn trio of desaster :D i am sure they phisycal powerups are really something.. so i am even more curious about the next chapter

GreeTz Wolf

Ero-Sanji
August 19, 2010, 10:35 AM
Chopper inherited Hiruluks dream. Sanji inherited Zeff's. Robin her mothers and the rest of the scholars etc. All of them are fullfilling their dreams for someone as well, dead or alive.

Apparently Luffy also inherited his from Shanks seeing how Shanks said he bet his arm for the next generation meaning that he entrusted Luffy to find One Piece.

Its funny though, but somehow clear, that Zoro Sanjii and Luffys Powerups are shown at last. I mean, they are the damn trio of desaster :D i am sure they phisycal powerups are really something.. so i am even more curious about the next chapter

I thought Sanji has already been shown?
Oh, well he's the best so why not.

THM Nindo
August 19, 2010, 10:53 AM
It was said during the manga that chopper wants to find the ultimate cure that can cure any disease don't remember how they call it tho.

It's called Panacea.
Yeah, that would be nice, but I don't think he will find it on the bird's island :tem...

Maybe it's on Raftel, though...

masubiladin
August 19, 2010, 11:14 AM
Ultimate cure? Isnot that like harder than even become pirate king? Cause one person already was the pirate king but no one have ever found the ultimate cure yet(not that i know of)

Aikidoka
August 19, 2010, 12:35 PM
It's called Panacea.
Yeah, that would be nice, but I don't think he will find it on the bird's island :tem...

Maybe it's on Raftel, though...
Don't think so, maybe another island in the New World. If Roger had found it at Raftel, don't you think Clover could've cured his disease?

The cover picture makes me sad...shows us what could've been...

EDIT: But damn the Franky and Usopp parts are funny as hell, Oda's really good at straddling both heartwarming and outrageously comical at the same time. Usopp talking all serious, but all fat and stuff...lol

Skyrius
August 19, 2010, 12:52 PM
In short, Oda's got all of us anticipating the next
few chapters, huh? XD Leave it to the master to do that.

Cizuz
August 19, 2010, 01:02 PM

He wants to be a doctor that can CURE any desease with his knowledge. It's impossible to make a any vaccine or cure that could cure anything by default. Since most vaccines work on the principle of injecting you with a form of the virus it's supposed to cure so your body naturally builds a resistance, and so many factors to factor in all different disease cures would kill a person.

It would really be silly for chopper to think you could make one universal cure unless he was a doctor with absolutely no knowledge of how any cure works.

Nonlife
August 19, 2010, 01:03 PM
I just want to point out its not the first time the manga's mentioned events - that we think are occuring in the present - in the past sense. There was the climax to Ace vs. Blackbeard, the aftermath of Kuma vs. the entire Mugiwara crew at Shabody Archipelago. (I'm sure there are more.)

Bugzee
August 19, 2010, 01:12 PM
Researching and exploring new forms of medication and cultivating the necesssary natural ingredients to make them, take quite a bit of time so I can't see Chopper returning back to SA anytime soon...the same goes for Franky & Nami imho. It'll be interesting to see how Robin will influence the RV's plans/intentions considering Dragon has called upon all the commanders to return to HQ. I'm sure she'll gain some vital information in regards to the NW during her time with the RV's.

It would be nice if Franky discovers an alternative form of fuel for the Sunny-go instead of cola imo. Something with a lil more punch. ;)

SirJack
August 19, 2010, 01:45 PM
Incredible chapter.
Also note how the SH are showing their attachement to their Captain, something that will be very important as the story goes on.
Even Robin wants to become stronger for Luffy.

Wonder when next chapter is coming out: next monday? Or the week after?

White Silver King
August 19, 2010, 03:00 PM
This was a fantastic chapter. Franky's face is the greatest thing I have ever seen (whenever I see him talking I imagine him weezing when talks lol).

masubiladin
August 19, 2010, 03:04 PM
Don't think so, maybe another island in the New World. If Roger had found it at Raftel, don't you think Clover could've cured his disease?
Yep. So we will assume that theres no cure on that island yet.

About Robin...she said that if she goes under dragon's wing she will become stronger?...Do u think she will follow dragon for a period of time before rejoin the strawhat?

White Silver King
August 19, 2010, 03:24 PM
About Robin...she said that if she goes under dragon's wing she will become stronger?...Do u think she will follow dragon for a period of time before rejoin the strawhat?

Well that it where she said shes going so I'd assume so.

johnnyb7
August 19, 2010, 03:49 PM
Next chapter's gonna go into what zoro is doing while separated as well as further into what going on with luffy is my guess. great chapter looking forward to next week!

goldb
August 19, 2010, 04:22 PM
Well for next chapter I'm hoping Zoro will finally get the message and Mihawk will tell him that there's a place on the island where he could go to train if he wanted to stay. I'm not really for the idea of Zoro being trained or helped by the man he considers his greatest enemy and challenge.

As for Chopper, maybe he'll make an interesting discovery whilst studying up those medical books and journals. As for Sanji we'll maybe get a glimpse of his first fight against the Newkama masters or something...

Truefan21
August 19, 2010, 05:48 PM
Good chapter i can't wait until the SH are reunited an see how strong they'll be. I have a feeling that usopp will be a certified badass.

CBlitz
August 19, 2010, 05:56 PM
this was a pretty uneventful chapter, yeah its nice to see everyone wanting to get stronger for Luffy's sake but I can't help but feel that Oda is just dragging this out. There's been loads of downtime already since the climax of the last arc, its time to get things going again! >_<

SirenVixen
August 19, 2010, 06:13 PM
this was a pretty uneventful chapter, yeah its nice to see everyone wanting to get stronger for Luffy's sake but I can't help but feel that Oda is just dragging this out. There's been loads of downtime already since the climax of the last arc, its time to get things going again! >_<

I'd have to say this is a pretty important chapter.

Nami will get information about the strange weather of the New World AND she will get a new addition to her weapon.

Franky found ANOTHER old lab of Vegapunks and thus this confirms that he will rebuild himself with new weapons AND upgrade the Sunny Go.

Robin will meet Luffy's father. 'Nuff said there.

I'm not sure about Brook, but pretty sure he'll get stronger too.

masubiladin
August 19, 2010, 06:17 PM
He will success doing the 40 degree xD.
Oh yeah...anyone have any idea what is the letter that the government sent to buggy?...

WickedNeko
August 19, 2010, 06:25 PM
Wow you know what I just realised, Oda could be setting up for the monster trio to face the three admirals.

Luffy vs Akainu (REVENGE)
Zoro vs Kizaru (swordsman)
Sanji vs Aokiji (left over/ ice vs fiery legs haha)

That would be wicked!!!!!

I simply can't wait to see ray vs luffy spars and zoro vs mihawk spars even if we only get glimpses/ flashbacks

I'm not sure if Aokiji will end up being an enemy in the end, especially considering that he not only secretly helped Robin escape the massacre in the past, he has also purposely let StrawHats escape at least twice.

On the note on training of various crew members... what I don't get the most is how Ussop is going to become a better sniper by learning from Herculessun. I can't remember Herculessun using sniping / shooting skills particularly well, and unless it's about using the plants on the island to create more variation of bullets for Ussop's sling... I'm not sure what Herculessun can teach (and again, Herculessun was talking about plants in the last panel he was in...).

Bowser
August 19, 2010, 06:52 PM
Personally, I think Robin meeting Dragon will be the best bit for me. It'll be interesting to learn more about the Revolutionary for me. I think Namis increasing her knowledge in weather will be interesting too. Clima-tact could become potentially dangerous. Maybe she'll steal one of those weather balls XD

Bugzee
August 19, 2010, 07:52 PM
I hope Nami renames some of her attack moves lol. I can't stand reading or hearing (in the anime) "something something Tempo". :p

Robin's story is certainly the most interesting but I wonder what Oda has instore for Zoro!? I hope it's something completely unexpected and different to what we're all predicting/assuming tbh.

Schabrak
August 19, 2010, 07:59 PM
I hope Nami renames some of her attack moves lol. I can't stand reading or hearing (in the anime) "something something Tempo". :p

Robin's story is certainly the most interesting but I wonder what Oda has instore for Zoro!? I hope it's something completely unexpected and different to what we're all predicting/assuming tbh.
Why would she rename attacks she invented herself? It's not like martial art moves are getting better because you name it differently. Though most of the time the already have a cool name. XD

I can't really imagine how much the water globe will improve her powers, since she is already able to create any kind of weather already. Could just be a v2 of her current moves.

The discussion is pretty quiet about Zorros training this week, but we already know that Oda will suprise us somehow anyway, as unpredictable as he is.

llamapie
August 19, 2010, 08:14 PM
Why would she rename attacks she invented herself? It's not like martial art moves are getting better because you name it differently. Though most of the time the already have a cool name. XD

I can't really imagine how much the water globe will improve her powers, since she is already able to create any kind of weather already. Could just be a v2 of her current moves.

The discussion is pretty quiet about Zorros training this week, but we already know that Oda will suprise us somehow anyway, as unpredictable as he is.

Simple Oda has Vegapunk meet up with Zoro and give him a GPS.

Bugzee
August 19, 2010, 08:18 PM
Why would she rename attacks she invented herself?

Is there a law against it? It's not a taboo if one decides to rename/change the name of their attack move. I just had enough of her moves being named something with "Tempo" at the end of it. :p Well now that she has the intentions of taking advantage of the weather ball...;) I'm hoping that she comes up with better names for her new attacks. :)

goldb
August 19, 2010, 08:30 PM
The names of Nami's attacks are good but yeah, if she does improve her weapon using the weather ball then there's probably gonna be a variation in the attack names, as to distinguish them.

I can't wait for the next chapter to see what Oda has in store for Zoro and for when Robin meets Dragon, how they will interact and what their conversation about Luffy will be like :amuse

White Silver King
August 19, 2010, 08:34 PM
Robin's words about getting stronger make me think she means battle prowess on top of extra knowledge and allies. Robin has always been one of my favorites and she has quite a versatile fruit so I'm looking forward to what she can really do with it (maybe a form of her wings that allows her to fly for at least a few minutes if not indefinitely). Maybe she'll train to get some semi-super strength in order to really make use of the appendages she creates (as of now they only have strength equivalent to her own which isn't fantastic).

Nonlife
August 19, 2010, 08:44 PM
I can see Robin coming up with new moves with her DF, but the most likely change will be her "connections." I mean, she's been a criminal to the WG for 20 years, or more, and she's had to do a lot on her own. Now she'll be like an undercover spy for Dragon, but she'll always be loyal to Luffy. I just hope a lot of time hasn't passed.

El-Thor
August 19, 2010, 08:57 PM
What's with all these "undercover spy" theories about the RA? The only "spy" we've seen so far is Kuma and that's it. Everyone is making the RA seem like some Bond-type operation, but they're not. They're an army and nothing more. Until Oda says otherwise.

I for one hope Robin does NOT become some lame-ass spy. She has no reason to do that and I doubt she'll just trust Dragon out of nowhere. We saw that she is still cautious of others, especially those RA goons.

goldb
August 19, 2010, 09:09 PM
Robin WILL NOT become some lame-ass spy, that's the most ridiculous theory I've heard, her loyalty is to the crew and no matter how Dragon tries to sugarcoat it and make it seem as if she'll be spying to help Luffy, I'm sure she wouldn't do it. It wouldn't happen. What I think will happen between the two will be a lot of diplomatic talks and maybe Dragon has knowledge on stuff that could be useful to Robin, maybe that's how Kuma comes into it. He finds out stuff and relays them to Dragon.

Nonlife
August 19, 2010, 09:19 PM
Okay, okay, easy goldb. I'm just saying with the treatment she's been getting lately, she must feel somewhat at ease, but she doesn't know what Dragon's real deal is. It could be like Crocodile, and he's searching for Pluton to use in his goals. All I'm saying is that I doubt Dragon's not gonna let her walk away to rejoin his son's crew without a striking a deal, or present her with valuable information to her that can help the Mugiwara's on the adventures. I'm certain Dragon may want to use his son in some way. So for now, just calm down, goldb.

El-Thor
August 19, 2010, 10:02 PM
Honestly, there has been zero evidence so far that Dragon is this evil mastermind. On the contrary, he's being portrayed as a very good and careful leader. I'm sure he does have some plan for Luffy, but he definitely won't use him. If anything, Dragon will help him by revealing some important info to Robin.

yellowblue
August 19, 2010, 10:11 PM

Yeah by becoming a new rockstar in the NW.

Bugzee
August 19, 2010, 10:16 PM
Honestly, there has been zero evidence so far that Dragon is this evil mastermind. On the contrary, he's being portrayed as a very good and careful leader. I'm sure he does have some plan for Luffy, but he definitely won't use him. If anything, Dragon will help him by revealing some important info to Robin.

Evil mastermind...in the eyes of the WG. Yes. His the most wanted man in the OP world. lol But, I don't think he wants to do any evil harm to the people. His focus is on destroying the WG and for what it stands for. It's true that we barely know much about the RV's and what their true intentions are... I have a feeling that Robin meeting Dragon will be the pivotal moment for the SH's future in the NW imho.

Yeah by becoming a new rockstar in the NW.

Awesome! Me likes! :XD

*Easy goldb Barbie-chan. :eyeroll*

Poneglyph420
August 19, 2010, 10:25 PM
Well Regarding Robin and her impending meeting with Dragon. From what we have just seen this chapter Robin is having the discovery of the bonds between her and Luffy (perhaps all her Nakama). I doubt that her focus will be on anything but the attainment of knowledge and perhaps connections in the New World.

I'm really excited to see what will happen with Zoro, and his new GF Perona.. HA!
IF he can beat apes who can copy him, he will be nasty. IF Mihawk steps in and poses a further challenge, then maybe Zoro will grow and find his Haki potential. Super Nasty!!
IMO his "scene" could be a superb moment in the OP timeline.

I'm also psyched to see Brooke perhaps not (yet at least..) using his music as a weapon, but as a unifying force. IF these "longarms" have some affinity or weakness to music "bone to be wild" could be a smash hit or Acoustic WMD.

I never thought I'd see the SH separated and growing on their own, and even more so.. I never thought I'd be as stoked to see the process and results.
Bless/Damn that Oda!!

Ipoopshootingstars
August 19, 2010, 11:17 PM
I think everyone should relax about Robin and Dragon's Meeting because we won't know what goes on there for quite a while. When we do it will most definitely be in a flashback. So guys have plenty of time to speculate about the contents of their meeting.

I wonder what will happen with Zoro now? But more importantly I wonder how the crew will meet up after this inevitable timeskip?

molecularpepsi
August 19, 2010, 11:41 PM
another week, another great chapter!

some thoughts and predictions:

-Sabo looks completely badass!! (is he dead or alive?) Oda is such a tease!

-it's funny how i (and i'm sure a lot of fans as well) hated how the mugiwaras (well, not all of them) were completely dependent on the big three combat-wise and tended to run away and watch from afar whenever they faced anyone strong.
and now, we see them reach the epiphany that Luffy needs their help!
they finally realize that in order for Luffy to become the pirate king, he needs to have the strongest crew supporting him. i can't wait to see them reunite and showcase their newfound abilities against a strong crew in the new world!

-this made me wonder about the supernovas...
i get the feeling that their crews seem to be over-reliant on their powerhouse captains to get them through any trouble. i know we haven't really seen them in action, but other than the kidd pirates, none of the other crews have anyone over the 100m belli mark, making their crews probably below mugiwara level. yet they all stormed into the NW without a care in the world.

Nami learning about the lightning rain before entering the NW, has already given the straw hats an advantage over other crews such as the fallen crew pirates, who seemed to be completely oblivious to this phenomenon when they encountered it.

i guess my point is that, this may prove to be a case of the tortoise and the hare, where the straw hats are the last to enter the NW, but will be the first to reach raftel, simply because they were the only crew that was prepared.

i'll repeat my prediction that all the SN crews will either be crushed and defeated (a la crocodile and moria) or will be forced to ally themselves or simply join much stronger crews, most likely one of the Yonkous.

some might even be forced to leave the NW possibly accept a shichibukai position and then return to the NW and give it another shot.

can't wait to see how this will all unroll in the future. it's amazing how Oda has been able to keep this manga not only fresh, but also inject a new since of excitement in its loyal fans and followers. 13 years and still no sign of an ending.

redred
August 19, 2010, 11:41 PM
franky was my favorite part of the whole chapter.
i get the feeling that hes gonna be one of the most (if not the most) insane badass improvement of the entire crew.
probably just a bit behind zoro.
but with vegapunks technology at his disposal, i can see him becoming really awesome =D

topkomputer
August 19, 2010, 11:46 PM
I think we will learn something from Robin meeting up with Dragon. Probably about D will, lost history and poneglyphs.

Uriel
August 20, 2010, 12:15 AM
franky was my favorite part of the whole chapter.
i get the feeling that hes gonna be one of the most (if not the most) insane badass improvement of the entire crew.
probably just a bit behind zoro.
but with vegapunks technology at his disposal, i can see him becoming really awesome =D
More than the improvements what I LOVED was how funny his stay is on that island.
Every time I see the panel with the smiling no problem face that He has over that island, I can't but laugh out loud.

Nonlife
August 20, 2010, 01:04 AM
For the record, I hope some of the SN do better than they have so far.

zozo96
August 20, 2010, 01:19 AM
To be a Pirate King, the best in NW, Luffy needs:

1. The best Navigator, due to the weird and dangerous phenomenons, such as Sky-island that sucks ship and Lightning Island.
2. The best Ship and the best Shipwright to handle the harsh sea.
3. Crews that can take care of themselves, because the Captain might be busy facing the strongest opponent(s), while the rest of the crews have to face the less stronger (but still hellish strong!!) opponents.
4. The best cook who can manage their food and maintain their health perfectly.
5. The best scholar who knows the story and situation of the world, in other word: one who knows about history, politics and diplomacy. WB Pirates had a lot of allies, but I think the alliance was formed by forces and strength, for example: Ace was defeated and then he defeated the other pirates. WB was strong, but he didn't have the one Roger possessed to become a Pirate King, the knowledge.
6. And last but not least, a musician than can boost their spirit!! Can you imagine a life without music and party? No fun at all!!

redred
August 20, 2010, 01:41 AM
More than the improvements what I LOVED was how funny his stay is on that island.
Every time I see the panel with the smiling no problem face that He has over that island, I can't but laugh out loud.

lol yeah i love the whole "thumbs up" thing that Odas got him doing now. its priceless lol.
one thing i noticed about franky was how cool his arms looked when they didnt have the "skin" on em

he should be more robotic in appearance from now on. tho i supposed thatd be annoying to draw all the time

Skyrius
August 20, 2010, 07:42 AM
The most intriguing part of this chapter has got to be the cover page. First of all the different tattoo on Ace's arm. Now it clearly says AOE and not ASCE so that must have something to do with Sabo dieing.

The other thing is the fact that Sabo's face is blocked from view, to me this is a clear indication that Sabo will be coming back. Why otherwise would Oda hide his face? He always hides faces of characters which will be introduced later on. A few examples: Garp, Sentomaru, the Admirals and now that WG guy Doflamingo was talking to. So I'm hoping this means that we'll see Sabo (or maybe we've already seen him).

I noticed that too. I was assuming that it was a what if situation where Sabo didn't die so Ace's tattoo doesn't have the crossed out S, which is amazingly heartrending in its own way...

Nonlife
August 20, 2010, 07:44 AM
Why do I get a "Face/Off" feel since I saw Franky's face after the major explosion. (Part of me really thought, "Oh snap, he's gonna use the tiger as his new face.")

4StepsAhead
August 20, 2010, 08:14 AM
I'm not sure if Aokiji will end up being an enemy in the end, especially considering that he not only secretly helped Robin escape the massacre in the past, he has also purposely let StrawHats escape at least twice.

On the note on training of various crew members... what I don't get the most is how Ussop is going to become a better sniper by learning from Herculessun. I can't remember Herculessun using sniping / shooting skills particularly well, and unless it's about using the plants on the island to create more variation of bullets for Ussop's sling... I'm not sure what Herculessun can teach (and again, Herculessun was talking about plants in the last panel he was in...).

I believe when they first meet Hercule saved Ussop from being eating by a man eating plant by shooting it. Although it was never shown what the plant shot with or the weapon that was used

gambard
August 20, 2010, 09:09 AM
The way I see it, it is not 'AOE' but 'ACE' with the two ends of C almost touching. It is because of the serifs.

masubiladin
August 20, 2010, 12:55 PM
I wonder if Ussop really going to get some muscle lol. And even if Ussop get out of the island...how will he get to Luffy?...swim? ...
Anyone think that Franky will be able to use "beam" of kizaru like Px...?

El-Thor
August 20, 2010, 01:11 PM
I wonder if Ussop really going to get some muscle lol. And even if Ussop get out of the island...how will he get to Luffy?...swim? ...
Anyone think that Franky will be able to use "beam" of kizaru like Px...?

IF Usopp does swim back it will definitely add some muscle and stamina ;)

ewan
August 20, 2010, 02:41 PM
Well, a good chapter to read.

The SH now have realised that they need to be stronger and they are starting to move. Yeah, compared to the situation they where in when they recently got to their respective islands, now they are in a much better position, like chopper befriending the inhabitants or robin meeting the revolutionaries. Regarding brook, i think if he becomes famous then he'll probably get out the cage and then get some powerups.

mateltoy
August 20, 2010, 03:29 PM
I think the brook one is quite obvius, Scratchmen Apoo has the same double joints as the guys on that island. Apoo atacks with music, and even though Brook atacks with a sword, hes the crew musician. Brook will probably learn to use his music as an atack, and improve from there.

Mr.Popo
August 20, 2010, 03:31 PM
Chapter 600:
Did anything special happen in chapter 500???

Zorro's and Luffy's training
It is quite obvious that we will see next chapter what both of them will do, but on the other hand we already saw that from Sanji.
The three of them are called the "monster trio", so why is it that Sanji is shown separately? Sure, Luffy and Zorro are the captains, but still.

I'm not that sure we will see anything similar to the rest of the SH from Zorro and Luffy, or both of them at all in the next chapter.

Sabo
...is alive.
What we see in the cover page is a "what if" picture, but Sabo's face is hidden nonetheless, so he is still important for future chapters.

The SHs have grown up
Now all have realised what Zorro and probably Sanji already knew: they have to do more, they have to improve beyond the scope of reaching their own dreams, they need to become the PKs crew!

And something else. They are not rushing into the NW like they rushed into the GL. They are preparing themselves. This improvement is especially true for Luffy.

Law and the other SN's
Is Law wiser than the other SN's or just more cowardly? He just sit's there and is waiting for the proper time, instead of improving himself and his crew like the SHs, or moving forward to explore the NW like the other SN.

Next chapter(s)
If not Luffy and Zorro...
We need an update about Buggy and more importantly about Shaky and her "problem".
And who will be the next fleet admiral and more importantly who will follow him as admiral?

El-Thor
August 20, 2010, 03:41 PM
Sanji is weaker than Zoro/Luffy and needs to get stronger. If it weren't for Zoro's deal with Kuma, the SHs would have probably been done already. Although I'll give Sanji one advantage, he's a helluva cook !

Zoro/Luffy were the first two members of the SHs, thus they get priority :)

Zoro was the only SH that vowed to make Luffy the Pirate King and become strong enough to be his first mate. The other SHs joined so that they can fulfill their own dreams and it's safe to say they relied on Zoro and Luffy to protect them.

And next chapter will definitely be about Zoro. I can't wait :D

Poisok2
August 20, 2010, 04:20 PM
My overview on the powerups the SW pirates will be getting before they meet (not much theories, since most of it is deducted from the chapters):

A. Everyone will get stronger / develop new fighting skills

1. Luffy will probably learn how to fight using Haki from Reyleigh and Jinbei. I doubt he will learn Fishman Karate, for obvious reasons...

2. Zoro will probably learn new swordman skills from Mihawk. I also believe that Perona and Mihawk will help him develop the Ashura state. This state uses dark energies and Perona is knowledgeable about the "negative" side of human beings, while Mihawk himself may use some similar technique (considering its vampiric apearence and overall "dark" demeanor)

3. Nami (or Ussop) will improve her Clima tact using the equipment she finds in Weatheria

4. Usopp will became braver and will use the Top green with his sling

5. Sanji will learn Okama/Newkama Kenpo without realising it

6. Chopper will improve his Rumble ball, possibly assessing new forms

7. Robin - no clue, really ;)

8. Franky will power up his cyborg body based on Dr. Vegapunk's data

9. Brook will increase the "power" of his music, probably becoming able to hypnotise people (like Jango and Lafitte)

B. The SH will become better in their area of expertise

3. Sanji will be able to cook food which makes the SH stronger

5. Nami will undertsand the weather of the NW

6. Chopper will learn about new medicines

7. Robin will know more about the goings of the world and probably understand the Kuma matter

8. Franky will improve the Thousand Sunny with Dr. Vegapunks knowledge

9. Brook will be able to keep the SH moral up with his music (?)

Also, I believe that after the SH meet, they will find Fishmen Island dominated by some random though strong pirate crew, but they will be able to beat them using just a bit of what they learned.

Note about the Top greens:

When Usopp was falling into the mouth of the plant-isle, Heracles held him by throwing a vine. At the time I though he through a random nearby vine, but probably he used those Top green seeds (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-591/page016.html). Also, if we go back to the first time Ussop and Heracles meet, Heracles saves Usopp from a carnivorous plant by tangling it with an ivy - probably also a Top green (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-524/page003.html). What's more, I am believing that when Heracles beated a giant beatle with a dart, it might be some kind of thorn plant Top green (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-524/page002.html). Considering the possibilities, Usopp may come back from the Boin Archipelago with a great new arsenal.

Zoro #1
August 20, 2010, 04:26 PM
I think that Oda left out Zoro from the group bcz, if you remember correctly out of all the straw hats only Zoro was the one who wanted strength and power to become the best swordman in the world, and to help luffy become the pirate king which he stated since the beginning. Everyone else joined for their own reason(which doesn't include power)
Sanji= wanted to fing All Blue.
Chopper= Find cure for all the diseases.
Nami= Draw aa map of the world.
Robin= Find out about the missing history.
Franky= bcz of his dream ship.
Brook= For the whale and bcz he owes great debt to luffy.
Ussop= Only character that contradicts my theory but, Oda might have put him with the rest of the crew bcz, even though he wanted power he never did hard work or truly developed into a powerful character like Zoro.

So it might have been that Oda chose to put Zoro and luffy together to show that they both want to get stronger not just for their dream but also that, they were the first of the crew who truly recognized each others dream worked hareder then others to make make each others dream come to reality.

Off Topic: why doesn't Oda, kishi, Kubo get together and create a short story where all the girls from one piece, naruto and bleach get together and have a beach party. XD

Spam286
August 20, 2010, 04:39 PM
I think the brook one is quite obvius, Scratchmen Apoo has the same double joints as the guys on that island. Apoo atacks with music, and even though Brook atacks with a sword, hes the crew musician. Brook will probably learn to use his music as an atack, and improve from there.

That's pretty tenuous, I'm fairly sure Apoo's ability is a DF. DF's being unique as they are that means the long arms are no more musically proficient than normal humans. I think Brook will learn on his own, and now that we know he has the resolve for it he can probably become sufficiently stronger just through training and constant concerts. Maybe he can start an annual music festival on the longarm island called Brookfest :p.

Mr.Popo
August 20, 2010, 05:43 PM
Zoro was the only SH that vowed to make Luffy the Pirate King and become strong enough to be his first mate. The other SHs joined so that they can fulfill their own dreams and it's safe to say they relied on Zoro and Luffy to protect them.
Yes, Zorro is similiar to Luffy which differenciates him (and Luffy) from Sanji (and the others). That is indeed a good reason to show Sanji in a different chapter, but also to not show the other two. They always had the will to get stronger and where always improving themselves.

I want to see what the others will do to get stronger, but I want to be suprised by Luffy and Zorro in actual combat later.

And...

1. Luffy will probably learn how to fight using Haki from Reyleigh and Jinbei. I doubt he will learn Fishman Karate, for obvious reasons...

2. Zoro will probably learn new swordman skills from Mihawk. I also believe that Perona and Mihawk will help him develop the Ashura state. This state uses dark energies and Perona is knowledgeable about the "negative" side of human beings, while Mihawk himself may use some similar technique (considering its vampiric apearence and overall "dark" demeanor)
...I still have the felling we won't see Luffy and Zorro next chapter and definitely not this, especially NOT Mihawk training Zorro.
Mihawk trains no one. He is waiting for Zorro to get stronger, not to make him stronger (or a clone of himself).

And Luffy getting haki training? I'm not even sure haki will ever be explained in greater detail than the DFs.

Note about the Top greens:

When Usopp was falling into the mouth of the plant-isle, Heracles held him by throwing a vine. At the time I though he through a random nearby vine, but probably he used those Top green seeds (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-591/page016.html). Also, if we go back to the first time Ussop and Heracles meet, Heracles saves Usopp from a carnivorous plant by tangling it with an ivy - probably also a Top green (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-524/page003.html). What's more, I am believing that when Heracles beated a giant beatle with a dart, it might be some kind of thorn plant Top green (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-524/page002.html). Considering the possibilities, Usopp may come back from the Boin Archipelago with a great new arsenal.
I really like that theory. It has a high possibility of being true.

c0nflikt
August 20, 2010, 05:58 PM
I still think zoro's will be the most suprising, mihawk will either offer or zoro will ask mihawk to teach him how to be gentle, or a gentleman. and through this zoro will get stronger like that one manga where the character rested for a while cause he'd be training nonstop.

White Silver King
August 20, 2010, 06:32 PM
I wonder what Ace's tattoo means now. It obviously doesn't have anything to do with himself, Luffy or Sabo anymore.

zerocooldx
August 20, 2010, 06:44 PM
I wonder what Ace's tattoo means now. It obviously doesn't have anything to do with himself, Luffy or Sabo anymore.

If you are referring the the chapter cover, then i think Oda was just showing us the "what could have been" had all of the bad things not happened. Ie. Sabo "dying", and Ace dying, and etc. So if anything Ace's tattoo on the cover page, which is missing the X and the S, signifies that Ace's tattoo was indeed connected to Sabo and his "death". Much like Luffy's new tattoo which is not shown there either, and i think we all believe that his tattoo is connected to his two lost brothers.

llamapie
August 20, 2010, 07:45 PM
Ya if anything its proof that Sabo did actually die. >,> Its possible he lived but I don't see his place in the story. He was a source of change for Ace and Oda illustrated that to us to relate the similar change that Luffy just under went. A maturing if you will.

masubiladin
August 20, 2010, 07:49 PM
When zoro become the greatestswordman...will he use the blacksword of Hawkeye? or...just some katana?

Freid
August 20, 2010, 08:04 PM
Oda is obviously messing with us. It makes more sense for ace's tatto says 'ACE' but why did he change how the C was written. That makes things way more confusing. I don't see any reason for him to change that bit unless it really doesn't say ACE and means something else. If it was really a 'what if sabo was alive' image then I would imagine that the onli difference in the tatto should be that there wouldn't be the crossed out S. So I'm not totally buying that the tattoo says ACE.

Realtwisted
August 20, 2010, 08:19 PM
How long will it take for tis training to be done?
[hr]

Ya if anything its proof that Sabo did actually die. >,> Its possible he lived but I don't see his place in the story. He was a source of change for Ace and Oda illustrated that to us to relate the similar change that Luffy just under went. A maturing if you will.

The picture is not about Sabo death, Peopl have forgoteen that Dragon D. Monkey save Sabo.

外国人
August 20, 2010, 08:52 PM
How long will it take for tis training to be done?
<hr noshade size="1">

The picture is not about Sabo death, Peopl have forgoteen that Dragon D. Monkey save Sabo.

Exactly. Oda gave us an obvious hint that Sabo is alive. Why would Oda just show us Sabo, then kill him off. Anyway, this is Oda, so not showing his body does not mean he hid dead, rather it proves he is alive.:p

Katz
August 20, 2010, 08:53 PM
When zoro become the greatestswordman...will he use the blacksword of Hawkeye? or...just some katana?

He could possibly use it, or he could find another one of the "legendary" swords to call his own, I figure he'll need a rather fantastic sword to take on Milhawk's steel.

we just need abit more information on the "world's strongest swordsman" title and what passes down, cause i know there's been a couple of screen shots of Rayleigh in what strongly looks the same jacket Milhawk now wears.

but for now Zoro will probably use his Katana or possibly replace a few of them in his training arc

masubiladin
August 20, 2010, 09:39 PM
He could possibly use it, or he could find another one of the "legendary" swords to call his own, I figure he'll need a rather fantastic sword to take on Milhawk's steel.

we just need abit more information on the "world's strongest swordsman" title and what passes down, cause i know there's been a couple of screen shots of Rayleigh in what strongly looks the same jacket Milhawk now wears.

but for now Zoro will probably use his Katana or possibly replace a few of them in his training arc
Yeah I know about that theory that someone posted too. But from the time we know Zoro, he always use katana...well except when he fight against the octopus. Anyway, there are still 11 highest quality grade sword out there that we dont know where or who possess them.
Zoro used one of the cursed sword however its quality is the lowest. there are still 2 more cursed sword that left. (one in the 12 category, one in the 21 category).
So in order for him to become the greatest swordman, he will need at least 1 highest quality sword( 2 would be nice cuz he wont throw away the sword that kuina's father gave him)

rebornz
August 20, 2010, 11:50 PM

yup, its possible as long as mihawk give that blacksword to zoro at let him use it,.
But i think as zoro's journey continues maybe zoro find other sword or something sentimental to him, i think zoro should proiritize his training co'z im sure there are still too many strong swordsman waiting in the new world

El-Thor
August 20, 2010, 11:54 PM
yup, its possible as long as mihawk give that blacksword to zoro at let him use it,.
But i think as zoro's journey continues maybe zoro find other sword or something sentimental to him, i think zoro should proiritize his training co'z im sure there are still too many strong swordsman waiting in the new world

I really don't see a way that Mihawk's sword can fit into Zoro's fighting style. Where is he gonna hold that huge thing, between his legs? One thing's for certain, and it's that Zoro will keep that white katana (dunno name :darn ) that he got from that girl (don't know her name either :darn :darn ). There's a chance the blade might brake and he will have to reforge it, turning it into some super high quality blade in the process, but that's kinda lame.

I also hope Zoro keeps the sword he got from Ryuuma. That katana is beastly looking :tem !!