PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The pacifista discussion thread

kkck
August 11, 2010, 12:00 PM
Not sure if a thread for this already exists but anyways, I created one since I did not find an alreadye existing one.

We all have seen the pacifista. They are very powerful, enough to push the current strawhats to their itmost limits. They have extremely hard bodies, decent speed and lazers give them quite some firepower. They are esentially strong enough to give trouble to even the strongest of pirates.

The most interesting thing about them is that they are meant to be "humanized" weapons or something of the sort. In that sense, the pacifista are not just machines but rather they should be human to a great extent.

The point of this thread is to discuss anything about them.
Now, I recently had a thought about them. What is the point of making a humanized weapon? Wouldn't it be altogether better to make actual robots than to fabricate cyborgs? They'd be much less controversial if they were actual robots since they would not be replicas of kuma or anything even close to humans. In that sense, they are not made as cyborgs just for the fun of it, there should be a reason for which cyborgs are preferable to robots.

As we saw in the war, the pacifista were extremely resistant but there were still people capable of taking them out. One of them was hancock for instance who was said to be taking pacifista out left and right. On the other hand kuma, who should have basically the same physical capacities as a pacifista, was not taken out even though he seemingly faced several strong people around. But then, what was the main difference between him and the pacifista? The main reason is that Kuma has a very powerful devil fruit. Basically, in this case a devil fruit was the difference between kuma walking out of the war practically without injuries and being taken out by someone strong. My theory is that the reason for making humamized weapons rather than just robots is that they plan on having the pacifista consume devil fruits. If the pacifista consume devil fruits, we'd have immensely powerful cyborgs who could be mass produced and given unique abilities. The importance of this is evident. Imagine a pacifista with logia abilities, a pacifista with a bara bara fruit, a pacifista who can transform into an animal. They would not just replicate the current kuma's body, they'd be creating cyborgs who'd be in no possible way inferior to kuma. If the WG attempts this, then they really would have no need for the shichibukai anymore, 7 pacifista would easily replace them. Not to mention they can have much more pacifista than that and for the WG getting more than 7 DFs should not be hard.

Fox666
August 11, 2010, 09:42 PM
There is a huge flaw in your theory! There is no reason to make a cyborg instead of a machine because of Devil Fruit consumption... because objects can also consume Devil Fruits (CP9 sword-elephant, etc)! =P

The Pacifista are based over the Terminator movie. They are identical to be fearsome at mere sight.

Why cyborgs instead of complete machines? Hmm, I am not sure right now... who knows, perhaps there is no advanced AI in One Piece word, so that they need (part) of the human brain

firework
August 11, 2010, 10:45 PM
I think that Vegapunk will expand his pacifista models and use different DF/shadows on them. For example, he can have a model based on Mihawk that carries a robo-sword or one based on Akainu that spits magma. It's already been shown that DF abilities could be replicated in them so it's only a matter of time before we find a pacifista that spews ice, light, and magma altogether.

mr.danly
August 11, 2010, 10:50 PM
There is a huge flaw in your theory! There is no reason to make a cyborg instead of a machine because of Devil Fruit consumption... because objects can also consume Devil Fruits (CP9 sword-elephant, etc)! =P

The Pacifista are based over the Terminator movie. They are identical to be fearsome at mere sight.

Why cyborgs instead of complete machines? Hmm, I am not sure right now... who knows, perhaps there is no advanced AI in One Piece word, so that they need (part) of the human brain

Yes, but those objects are incapable of doing anything on their own unless they're in their DF animal mode. In essence, a waste of a perfectly valuable DF. Whereas pacifistas are capable of mass destruction even without a DF.

Uriel
August 11, 2010, 11:45 PM
What about Haki in all these matter? Are they able to reproduce them?

That's for me the major flaw in your theory and your reflection.

kkck
August 12, 2010, 12:45 AM

I kinda had the impression an object with a DF still had its limitations though. If I recall, funkfreed could not do all the stuff a human with a DF could do. I'd think a pacifista with a DF would be devoid of any limitation when using a DF except of course the limitations anyone else would have.
[hr]

What about Haki in all these matter? Are they able to reproduce them?

That's for me the major flaw in your theory and your reflection.

I did not include haki at all here, it'd kinda be part of a similar yet different discussion. Haki would still seem related to willpower though. Even if partially human, I am not quite sure a pacifista could replicate that. Not sure how this is a flaw in my previous point though.

Uriel
August 12, 2010, 12:32 PM
That Pacifista can't ever replace Shichibukai because THEY DO CAN use Haki. Which is what makes them strong.

roxas_strife2
August 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
Not sure if a thread for this already exists but anyways, I created one since I did not find an alreadye existing one.

We all have seen the pacifista. They are very powerful, enough to push the current strawhats to their itmost limits. They have extremely hard bodies, decent speed and lazers give them quite some firepower. They are esentially strong enough to give trouble to even the strongest of pirates.

The most interesting thing about them is that they are meant to be "humanized" weapons or something of the sort. In that sense, the pacifista are not just machines but rather they should be human to a great extent.

The point of this thread is to discuss anything about them.
Now, I recently had a thought about them. What is the point of making a humanized weapon? Wouldn't it be altogether better to make actual robots than to fabricate cyborgs? They'd be much less controversial if they were actual robots since they would not be replicas of kuma or anything even close to humans. In that sense, they are not made as cyborgs just for the fun of it, there should be a reason for which cyborgs are preferable to robots.

As we saw in the war, the pacifista were extremely resistant but there were still people capable of taking them out. One of them was hancock for instance who was said to be taking pacifista out left and right. On the other hand kuma, who should have basically the same physical capacities as a pacifista, was not taken out even though he seemingly faced several strong people around. But then, what was the main difference between him and the pacifista? The main reason is that Kuma has a very powerful devil fruit. Basically, in this case a devil fruit was the difference between kuma walking out of the war practically without injuries and being taken out by someone strong. My theory is that the reason for making humamized weapons rather than just robots is that they plan on having the pacifista consume devil fruits. If the pacifista consume devil fruits, we'd have immensely powerful cyborgs who could be mass produced and given unique abilities. The importance of this is evident. Imagine a pacifista with logia abilities, a pacifista with a bara bara fruit, a pacifista who can transform into an animal. They would not just replicate the current kuma's body, they'd be creating cyborgs who'd be in no possible way inferior to kuma. If the WG attempts this, then they really would have no need for the shichibukai anymore, 7 pacifista would easily replace them. Not to mention they can have much more pacifista than that and for the WG getting more than 7 DFs should not be hard.

My theory to it is that to put a DF on an object is to accept that it will never be able to develop its abilities beyond the most basic. Why does Luffy become more powerful with fights? Because he finds inspiration from every opponent and uses his imagination to put it to use. Objects couldn't produce such results for many reasons. Chopper is the only Zoan who was granted intelligence by his DF, while the others all still maintained their normal intellect. Animals and other such Zoan inspirations don't have much of an imagination. I doubt that the Pacifistas could ever replace the Shichibukai, or at least not the stronger ones. Each of the Shichibukai are there for more than just power, they also serve as a key source of direct influence over the pirating world and a deterrent for other pirates to challenge the government. Pacifistas just couldn't equate to that. :/

kkck
August 12, 2010, 02:45 PM
Well, as far as this part concerns:

hey also serve as a key source of direct influence over the pirating world and a deterrent for other pirates to challenge the government. Pacifistas just couldn't equate to that.

The shichibukai don't have that much influence around, at least I don't think they have shown that. THe shichibukai do on the other hand stop pirates from going wild though. The shichibukai are insanely feared, knowing that if you cause trouble you can get kuma the tyrant or the strongest swordsman shoved up your ass is something even the yonkou concerned themselves with to a great extent. Now, if what the shichibukai do is cause fear, I think a bunch of pacista with DFs could easily have that effect, specially if there are a lot of them and, contrary to how the shichibukai work, they move at the government's whim.

Lord Rayleigh
August 12, 2010, 05:28 PM
There are advanced AI in One Piece. Remember the Spaceys (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Spaceys).

kkck
August 19, 2010, 11:35 AM
I don't think advanced AI is a problem here.... The pacifista probably still have some of that, or at least a combination of their brains and that. Just AI wouldn't work though, creativity is required to master a DF. That could be another reason to use cyborgs instead of robots if the government is planning on using pacifista with DFs.

Ero-Sanji
August 19, 2010, 12:58 PM
I guess the androids whom are in the form of Kuma are scarier than just metallic robots. Kuma was known as a tyrant and know a Shichibukai and also not many people could tell them apart so I guess it's all a part of a scare tactic.

Now the real question is why Kuma decided to become a cyborg and eventually a full scale robot? So, I guess there are some mystery behind it all.

kkck
August 29, 2010, 12:27 PM
I don't think scaring people would be the sole reason to make kuma bots. If scaring people was the idea then there are plenty other people who'd be just fine. How about mihawk, shanks, jozu, WB, or kizaru bots? Even moria bots would be scary as hell since he is indeed a shichibukai. I think there is sort of a deeper reason to making kuma bots. They could also replicate strong marines.... Imagine running at random places with VAs.... I just don't see how scaring pirates is enough of a good reason to make exclusively kuma cyborgs. Perhaps kuma was somehow easier to clone for whatever reason (perhaps his fruit?) hence why the government is using solely him. I still want to see the pacifista consuming DFs. How awesome would it be to see an army of pacifista who could turn into actual different bear models lol.