PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Who will kill shanks

DutchPhoenix
August 11, 2010, 12:54 PM
i think its obvious that shanks will be killed sometime to make luffy even more angry, and a purpose to take ''revenge''.

my bets are on blackbeard,

do you think shanks will be defeated/killed sometime in the series?

kkck
August 11, 2010, 12:56 PM
I don't think shanks will be defeated..... Currently such a thing serves no purpose. Perhaps he will be defeated but not killed.

Soka
August 11, 2010, 01:39 PM
Mhm letting him live till the end of the story or after a defeat would not serve a purpose as well.

If it happens then it would be well suited for Kidd. He was foreshadowed to be the most evil and one of the 3 strongest supernovae ( along with Law )
Additionally the boy has great ambitions and since Luffy wont fight Shanks someone has to - especially in this new era mood Oda set up.
I'm also betting that Blackbeard will be finished off before it comes to a fight Luffy vs Kidd because he is set up to be his rival IMO

THM Nindo
August 11, 2010, 03:15 PM
He might died...
But by BlackBeard!?!!

Blackbeard is shit compared to Shanks right now...
Unless he can get a lot stronger, or being able to eat more DF again and again...

At some point, he might become stronger than Shanks, but right now...
I'd say it's unlikely...

wing_gundam
August 11, 2010, 04:17 PM
i think its obvious that shanks will be killed sometime to make luffy even more angry, and a purpose to take ''revenge''.

my bets are on blackbeard,

do you think shanks will be defeated/killed sometime in the series?

I don't see why it's obvious *shrugs* help?

That's just like saying "insert anyone from the old era" will be killed cuz they're from the old era.

I think it's more obvious that not all the supernova's are going to stay elite. The class gets smaller every year.

Sachsenhesse
August 11, 2010, 04:41 PM
shanks will probably die by too much alcohol imho xD

bittman
August 11, 2010, 09:59 PM
Mhm letting him live till the end of the story or after a defeat would not serve a purpose as well.

So leaving a character alive serves no purpose? That's the only possible way I could read this.

If you think Shanks should die for Luffy to go emo super saiyan then why shouldn't we just murder off all of the marines except Coby so Coby can go emo Super Saiyan?

There are about 95 reasons I would keep Shanks alive from a story-telling perspective, and only about 5 where I would kill him off. Luffy doesn't need someone to die to gain hulk-rage, he was plenty angry at Blackbeard before Ace died, he was plenty angry at Crocodile before anyone died.

Perfect Example: Nami did not need to die for Luffy to hate and beat up Arlong.

Anyway, what do I know? I thought there was a 95% chance Ace would live.

Antares
August 12, 2010, 05:36 AM
one of many scenarios supporting Shanks would die:

Ace is dead. Ace was Luffy's role model and someone really important to him. Blackbeard took him away. Shanks is also Luffy's role model, Luffy even nicknamed himself Strawhat Luffy because his ambition to return the hat when he surpass the original owner. The two were quite similar in their relationship to Luffy, and furthermore there was some kind of grudge between Shanks and BB, seeing Shanks' scarface. BB may be the cause of Shanks' death the same way he caused Ace's death, because there's something BB wanted (secrets of Raftel who Shanks possibly knows when he was a rookie? etc). I'm not saying BB himself will kill Shanks, not necessarily directly. But like in Ace's situation, he might be one of the core reason of Shanks' death. I want Kong to kill Shanks, btw. That oldie seemed legendarily haxxed.

One of many alternative scenarios supporting Shanks would live:
Like my previous statement of the possibility, Luffy even nicknamed himself Strawhat Luffy because his ambition to return the hat when he surpass the original owner. It's like he was the reason for Luffy's dream to become PK. So quite possibly also, Shanks would become some kind of secret boss after Luffy beat BB in a fight / war that engulfs and determines the fate of the world. He would be deemed Pirate King at that time, but he then must fulfill his promise to Shanks by returning the hat, by and after beating him of course.

OdaForPresident
August 12, 2010, 07:03 AM
It does make sense that Shanks will be defeated, and who better to do just that than the man who gave him his scar, Blackbeard.

Shanks being defeated is almost shonen manga law. The protagonist always has to overcome obstacles and he has to overcome his teachers. Just look at Naruto, almost everyone who ever taught him died, or Naruto has very clearly surpassed them. Fortunately One Piece is a little different from Naruto, its a lot less predictable for one. But I still think that the regular shonen logic applies and people from the past, especially teachers and role models, will have to be overcome. This makes even more sense when we look at the war, everyone of the old age either died or retired. (WB, Garp, Sengoku)

As people generally do not die in One Piece, I do not think that Shanks will die. But I do think he will be defeated.

4StepsAhead
August 12, 2010, 10:10 AM
I think Shanks will be beaten by Luffy. :D:blink

OdaForPresident
August 12, 2010, 11:05 AM
Thats certainly a possibility, and not a crazy one at all in my opinion. It fits perfectly with what I said before. Shonen heroes need to overcome their role-models.

Bugzee
August 12, 2010, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't want to see Shanks die tbh but you can't rule it out since I was suprised with Ace's death; I didn't see that coming. :( Kong to kill Shanks!? wtf! I highly doubt that they will cross paths in the OP world.

The only scenario I can picture is Shanks Vs. BB; which I believe is destined to happen in the future. Whether he dies or not in that fight...I don't know. I think BB would leave Shanks alive but defeated...kinda the way Luffy deals the blow on his enemies. They're kept alive but their spirits/dreams are crushed. Shanks is no fool neither; so I'm sure he'll be prepared for the day he does face the likes of BB. The scar is aching...

Who the hell would want to see Shanks die, come on! :o

elitefox
August 15, 2010, 08:10 PM
one of many scenarios supporting Shanks would die:

Ace is dead. Ace was Luffy's role model and someone really important to him. Blackbeard took him away. Shanks is also Luffy's role model, Luffy even nicknamed himself Strawhat Luffy because his ambition to return the hat when he surpass the original owner. The two were quite similar in their relationship to Luffy, and furthermore there was some kind of grudge between Shanks and BB, seeing Shanks' scarface. BB may be the cause of Shanks' death the same way he caused Ace's death, because there's something BB wanted (secrets of Raftel who Shanks possibly knows when he was a rookie? etc). I'm not saying BB himself will kill Shanks, not necessarily directly. But like in Ace's situation, he might be one of the core reason of Shanks' death. I want Kong to kill Shanks, btw. That oldie seemed legendarily haxxed.

One of many alternative scenarios supporting Shanks would live:
Like my previous statement of the possibility, Luffy even nicknamed himself Strawhat Luffy because his ambition to return the hat when he surpass the original owner. It's like he was the reason for Luffy's dream to become PK. So quite possibly also, Shanks would become some kind of secret boss after Luffy beat BB in a fight / war that engulfs and determines the fate of the world. He would be deemed Pirate King at that time, but he then must fulfill his promise to Shanks by returning the hat, by and after beating him of course.

I think Oda wont use same thing over again.

but it is still possible, nothing is impossible until one piece comes to an end.

I agree with Sachsenhesse, he'll die by liver cancer :oh

El-Thor
August 15, 2010, 10:42 PM
I don't think Shanks will die.

But I do think the Shanks Pirates will fight the SH Pirates !! And of course the SHs will win !! :D

PS : Kidd defeat Shanks? HAH ! :lmao

hy4k
August 19, 2010, 03:33 PM
buggy

seriously though, i think it'll be the marines or blackbeard pirates. i think buggy will show up to defend him but meet a similar fate

Psyren Dante
August 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
I don't know about Shanks dying but i believe he will fight Blackbeard in the future since BB said at Marineford that it was too early for their battle. So I guess BB will either gather some more crew members or gain some other powerful stuff and then fight Shanks. I don't know if he will die (I hope not) but it's going to be awesome nonetheless.

popoying
August 19, 2010, 05:43 PM
I would say BB defeat shanks and turn him in to the Marines. Then it would be MHQ vs SHs + allies.

Kaiser Will
August 23, 2010, 07:53 PM
Moved. ~ Regarding this read One Piece Revamp Info/Guide Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63551) please. Remember character related stuff, be it DF or haki discussions should be made in the TOK Forum from now on.