PDA

View Full Version : Discussion What would you eat for your last meal?

Paper
August 14, 2010, 09:05 AM
The rules are simple: Make a plated three course meal (appetizer, main course, dessert) that you would like to have for your last meal (before death). The main course, ideally, has to have a protein, starch, and vegetable element (but it all depends on your preference). Feel free to expound on cooking methods and ingredients, as well as discuss/defend your choices.

Mine:
Starter: Triple bulalo soup (beef and beef bone marrow soup). Made with bulalo soup in stead of stock/water, which in turn was made with demi-glace in stead of water.

Mains: Lechon Cebu (roasted pork done the Cebuano way, with lemon grass and garlic stuffed inside the cavity), Japanese rice mixed with 10 bone marrows, Adobong Kangkong (Water Spinach cooked in vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper corns, and garlic) with lechon kawali (deep fried pork belly) bits. Served with a 1.5 liter mimosa (it's great with fatty/oily foods because it's high acidity can cut through the grease)

Dessert: Apple pie with a walnut-caramel filling, macadamia nut daquis crust, and heavy cream. Served with a cup of cafe creme... and two cigarettes...

EDIT: Replaced almond with macadamia.

benelori
August 14, 2010, 10:06 AM
Well...
Starter:
it would be a mix of sushi, a platter of different cheese, and vegetables

Main dish:
this is classic hungarian stuff...gulas, and maybe some chicken after it with mash potatoes

Dessert: I don't know what the english name for this, so I'll just post a pic (http://www.sutigyar.hu/upload/recipe/1540/1540-5305_800x600.jpg)
I like this one reinforced with fruits, basically strawberry orange and kiwi

And if I'm permitted or have time before death, a good ol' green tea, if not then water with a nice Marlboro to smoke...

All those dishes should be made by my mom though, cuz she's the queen of cooks:D
RIP benelori

NishiM
August 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
Seems fun.

Starter: beer+cigarettes, light vegetable soup.

Mains: moules-frites (french fries with mussels.), mayonaise sauce, more beer.

Dessert: belgian waffle with chocolate or chantilly cream, coffee, the rest of cigarettes.

yes, i'm a heavy smoker.
and i smoke while taking lunch.

Paper
August 15, 2010, 02:02 AM
Nothing wrong with smoking IMO. The only reason to why I only allotted two cigs is because I expected to die right after the meal.

DRAGONKAMI
August 15, 2010, 03:11 AM
I want to have a buffet with all the things i love to eat!

The buffet have to be made by my wife, if i have one in the future xD

She should know all my things i would love to eat!

I would like to drink a really good red wine and green tea xD

Paper
August 15, 2010, 03:14 AM
Dude... 3 course menu...

DRAGONKAMI
August 15, 2010, 03:42 AM
In a buffet i have everything what a 3 course menu have dude xD

Paper
August 15, 2010, 03:52 AM
I should have specified "plated" to prevent buffets.

Cookie Frog
August 15, 2010, 03:02 PM
Starter: Ramen
Main: Classic British fisn 'n' chips.
Dessert: Cheesecake

p1xel
August 25, 2010, 11:37 AM
Starter:Coffe and waffles!
Main:Pizza!
Dessert:Cheesecake!(like you,cookie frog:P)
But thinking about this isn`t making me happy...

Naomidee
October 29, 2011, 10:09 PM
Starter : A spinach variety salad with onions, a little cheese, and extra extra tomatoes and some sort of chipotle ranch dressing. Possibly a fresh jalapeno sushi roll with cream cheese inside.

Main Course : Some sort of pasta, I think. I really love penne rosa, with just the right amount of spice. Flatbread on the side.

Dessert : This would be the best and largest portion I think. Gormet ice cream, or even gelato.

All served with about 5 or more margaritas. ;D

kkck
October 31, 2011, 03:00 PM
I would rather not know a meal in particular is going to be my last. It would just suck to know that whatever I eat there is going to be the last thing I ever eat. There are so many animals out there which I still have not tried.... Nothing I could ever eat would be actually satisfying knowing I will never try anything else. I guess if I had to choose I would go for the basics though (ok, not entirely basic).

1.- Assorted cheeses (preferably Camembert, several kinds of blue cheeses and Parmesan), caviar and bread to begin (fuck it, I am dying so I want the good stuff so I don't care if it sounds pretentious :p).
2.- French onion soup
3.- Steak dinner (tenderloin, 3/4 cooked). Dunno about sides though.
4.- Cheesecake and one of this (http://beccarcatering.com.ar/imagenes/milhojas.jpg)-dunno the name in english buts its plain epic-. Cheesecake is probably my favorite desert.

mikkih
November 01, 2011, 01:23 PM
Last meal...? I don't know why I can't think of any fancy menu when I think of it as the last meal. I was wondering what would be my most favorite food of all... and then... it turned out to be this basic.

Starter: (Dark/red) Japanese miso soup with lots of green onion slices.
Main: Steamed short grain white rice with many different pickles with soy sauce.
Dessert: Green tea ice cream made with the finest green tea.
Drinks: Hot green tea (the best kind)

kkck
November 02, 2011, 10:30 AM
^ I maintain that steak is the meal by excellence lol. I admit I would personally find a grain and tea meal somewhat depressing though (I don't like tea or rice though). The soup would be interesting though.

mikkih
November 03, 2011, 10:26 AM
^ I maintain that steak is the meal by excellence lol. I admit I would personally find a grain and tea meal somewhat depressing though (I don't like tea or rice though). The soup would be interesting though.I think it is strange that my menu turned out to be sooo bottom-line basic. I eat steak, pizza and chocolate too often that they are not special to me any more, I guess. I love pickles and I don't mind sampling all sorts of pickles like 20-30 different types as a last meal lol. Sampling 20-30 different steaks would fill me up too much.

Zeltrax
November 04, 2011, 09:23 PM
I'm a heavy eater so...

1- Omurice with cheese.
2- Black pepper chicken with rice
3- Gelato and a tub of chocolate chip ice cream.

mikkih
November 05, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm a heavy eater so...

1- Omurice with cheese.
2- Black pepper chicken with rice
3- Gelato and a tub of chocolate chip ice cream.
I can't picture your (1). Where do you put cheese? Do you sprinkle lots of black pepper on chicken to make (2)?!
Gelato is delicious~:^_^

Zeltrax
November 05, 2011, 10:45 PM
Inside the omurice of course, the melted cheese with the egg and the rice.. mmm.

Do you sprinkle lots of black pepper on chicken to make (2)?!
My version is not as heavenly but I marinate it with black pepper sauce, black pepper and salt :hurr
And yeah, gelato :D

mikkih
November 08, 2011, 03:24 PM
Inside the omurice of course, the melted cheese with the egg and the rice.. mmm.

My version is not as heavenly but I marinate it with black pepper sauce, black pepper and salt :hurr
And yeah, gelato :Dhiya~. Ah.. so it's inside. I never thought of having omurice with cheese. Cheddar or Mozzarella would probably go well with it. I have seen hotdogs with cheddar cheese inside, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising. To me, omurice is for lunch only, and I actually had one today. :love gelato ~

Doraku
June 23, 2012, 03:03 AM
This thread kinda reminding me of Toriko. I would go with :

Appetizer - Cigarettes and Miso soup.
Main course - Fried rice with sausages and sunny side up / chicken cordon bleu with wedges, vegetables and garlic bread
Dessert - Mocca cake

Paper
June 26, 2012, 05:28 AM
It's actually a question that cooks ask each other a lot, seeing as cooking professionally is more of an affliction, than a profession... plus we all need something to talk about, while doing prep. haha.

re:meal- wouldn't you want your taste buds to be smoke-free, prior to eating?

Doraku
June 26, 2012, 07:31 AM
It's actually a question that cooks ask each other a lot, seeing as cooking professionally is more of an affliction, than a profession... plus we all need something to talk about, while doing prep. haha.

re:meal- wouldn't you want your taste buds to be smoke-free, prior to eating?

I read somewhere else that medical researchers found out that smoking cigarettes is damaging your taste buds, hence making every foods that you eat after smoking taste more delicious. Of course, since this a last meal, I want to be able to enjoy the foods served even though the taste might be awful. :cookiehand

But of course if you are a cook or culinary critics, smoking prior to eating is a terrible idea.

Paper
June 26, 2012, 07:40 AM
It's because the smoke has a very strong flavor, that it overpowers milder flavors easily. Of course, it won't really affect foods with stronger/complimenting flavors, like smoked items or heavily spiced items (i.e. you can smoke an entire pack, but you'll still get screwed if you decide to eat habaneros or drink pure lemon juice)

Sanadan
March 30, 2013, 03:15 PM
French Onion Soup. That is all, I don't think I would need anything except that for my last meal.

KungPaoChicken
August 15, 2013, 08:03 PM
A Double Double Combo with an extra order of fries from In N Out. Ahh yes. :teehee

Irene
January 04, 2014, 04:56 PM
I'd simply have a dish of mapo doufu, extra spicy with steamed rice, and a dish of sauteed broccoli.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapo_doufu

Utsune
January 09, 2014, 09:41 AM
I just want a nice hot cup of Chinese/Japanese tea. Or maybe a glass of milk. Depends.