PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail Vol 24 (Chap 197 - 204) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ghostexiled
August 18, 2010, 02:50 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/197/)

197 Chinese scan link:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=869064573

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/50575907/1

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

mirasbang
August 23, 2010, 07:44 AM
197 Chinese scan link:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=869064573

eclipse12
August 23, 2010, 08:03 AM
Sweet a quick fight making mystgun the hero and natsu takes a dive. I think now they are all going home and pantherlily is going with them. That is totally awesome.

sarutobi_sensei
August 23, 2010, 08:11 AM
So all the cats go back to earthland? Now that's odd xD

Well, this means that the families that lost their sons will probably reunite with them again :D

Unlucky Boy
August 23, 2010, 08:12 AM
Finally this arc is over.

It's kinda sad Mistgun had to stay behind but I think we will see him again toward the end of the manga, like in Rave all Haru's friends showed up in the end to help him.

sarutobi_sensei
August 23, 2010, 08:22 AM
Heh the cats really go to earthland XD

The 3 idiots (Sugar Boy and the other 2 wierdos) are all looking like: wtf has happened here.

kazille
August 23, 2010, 08:30 AM
now i'm kinda sad cause we won't be able to see myst again. :( he was a cool guy.

Lyn685
August 23, 2010, 08:30 AM
So Gajeel gets his cat.
But seriously, another new character that probably joins Earth-Fairy Tail?
As if Mashima hasn't got enough underdeveloped characters already.

For the next arcs, Mashima should definitely upgrade his writing, concentrate on the core-team of the guild (Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Gajeel, !!Lluvia!! and Wendy) instead of making a mishmash of some of the core-teams members in every new arc.
Especially Lluvia should get some screentime again.

kkck
August 23, 2010, 08:44 AM
I liked the chapter lol.... I was wondering how exactly everyone was going back to earthland but I guess it was explained. I was rather surprised all those who had magic in their bodies were sucked in although it does make sense. The ending is a tad convenient though, happy does get his parents.

Baka_Sousui
August 23, 2010, 08:57 AM
Am i the only one wondering who that guy between Gray and Wendy is on the cover?

sarutobi_sensei
August 23, 2010, 09:03 AM
Am i the only one wondering who that guy between Gray and Wendy is on the cover?
The guy with Glasses? I believe that it is Macao.

Baka_Sousui
August 23, 2010, 09:21 AM
The guy with Glasses? I believe that it is Macao.

Doesn't look like him at all....

Just thought of something. Earthland will now have Nichaya and Ichaya. What have they done? Oh the Calamity!!!

Unlucky Boy
August 23, 2010, 09:29 AM
Doesn't look like him at all....

Just thought of something. Earthland will now have Nichaya and Ichaya. What have they done? Oh the Calamity!!!

It is Macao, look here
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v20/c169/18.html

Mashiro_Luna
August 23, 2010, 09:44 AM
It sucks that they pumped up Mystgun all this time and we never actually got to see him in a good fight except for that half a chapter with Laxus where he barley showed anything.

scareChinaman
August 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
This was a nice chapter even though he was a Gerard Mistgun was a pretty cool guy.

Zatono
August 23, 2010, 10:17 AM
Well, we've met the end of the Edoras Arc. It was interesting, and a new twist to the usual beginning of arcs. Not to mention, it solved two major mysteries of Fairy Tail, which were Mystogan and Anima.

However, when they go back to Earthland, will it be easy for FT to continue on into the next arc? I mean, look here. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v20/c168/15.html

The whole town vanished, and I'm sure someone is going to blame them for this. Most likely the Council, or that Judicial guy we encountered at the end of the Oracion Seis Arc. Perhaps he'll be the next big enemy.

kkck
August 23, 2010, 10:48 AM
I feel a tad trolled that we never got to see the abilities of edoras FT though. I specially wanted to see what grey and jubia could do or some earthland grey and edo jubia interaction.

meny
August 23, 2010, 11:17 AM
I liked the chapter mainly because the arc ended !! yay
and it had a nice ending kinda of unexpected but its OK
waiting for the next are I hate Edolas soo much I love the normal returning
and something happens I want them to continue th battle against the Balam alliance
I loved the Oración Seis arc (although it kinda suck ), I just want Grimoire Heart

halfcrzy
August 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
So Uhm Why wasn't Mystgun absorbed too? Before anyone states it, im pretty sure he does have magic in his body, soo haha plot hole?

kkck
August 23, 2010, 11:46 AM
So Uhm Why wasn't Mystgun absorbed too? Before anyone states it, im pretty sure he does have magic in his body, soo haha plot hole?

There is no reason for mistgun to have so much as an ounce of magic in his body though. If you think about it, the magic he showed was of the same fashion as that used on edoras (items). So no plot hole here at least....

rajin
August 23, 2010, 11:52 AM
READ FAIRY TAIL CHINESE/JAP RAW 197 http://www.manga-read.co.cc (http://www.manga-read.co.cc/)

SOURCE==http://allmanga-spoilers.blogspot.com/2010/08/fairy-tail-197-spoiler.html

http://www.manga-utopia.co.cc/thumb.php?id=9E7D_4C72A692 (http://www.manga-utopia.co.cc/share.php?id=9E7D_4C72A692)

http://www.manga-utopia.co.cc/thumb.php?id=DA5D_4C72A678 (http://www.manga-utopia.co.cc/share.php?id=DA5D_4C72A678)

http://www.manga-utopia.co.cc/thumb.php?id=58D1_4C72A678 (http://www.manga-utopia.co.cc/share.php?id=58D1_4C72A678)

hongoasdf
August 23, 2010, 12:16 PM

Early in the chapter he tried to attack Wendy and Gazille with one of his magical staves, but was unable to due to magic power being sucked from that world. We may need to wait for the translation for confirmation on this, but it proves to some extent that he didn't have magical power of his own, it all came from the staves, which are, presumably, some rare form of "Magic" (Remember in Edoras, "magic" is the generic name for any item infused with magical power).

So, all of the cats go to Earthland because they had magical power in their bodies. I wonder what the hell will they do from now on. On that note, I wonder if there will be any noticeable changes in Earthland now that the magic power from another plane was transfered to it. Even if it wasn't that much, it was still ALL of the magic from Edoras, so there's bound to be consecuences.

Tsubaki
August 23, 2010, 12:45 PM
So this is the ending of the Edoras Arc? Nice!!! I really liked this arc, but finally we can go on! Earthland also gets a ton of cats:)

What will the next arc be? I think it could be about the magic council, after Gerards betrayal the council got stricter and it got new members...
But it could be also about the Balam alliance, that would be awsome!

DarKKnight1337
August 23, 2010, 04:56 PM
And FT loose another S-rank mage.. And cool one :/

MAX_COLA_POWER!
August 23, 2010, 06:15 PM
So technically, how many S class mages are left? Like...3? Gildartz, Erza, and Juvia?

thefreak
August 23, 2010, 06:17 PM
Who's Juvia?
And well soon Natsu and Gray will add to them.

ca12nag3
August 23, 2010, 06:22 PM
Who's Juvia?
And well soon Natsu and Gray will add to them.

First off id like to say, read the manga before asking whos who. But because im not a total .... heres a link you might find usefull in regard to that character and any further questions about whos who.

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Juvia_Loxar

Shes a mage from Phantom Lord who falls deeply in love with Gray, and therefor became a member of Fairy Tail after the guildwar.

Shes 1 of the former Elemental 4 and yes shes on the lvl of a S class mage.

You know who i miss in this chapter? Where is Lisanna?? she aint on the cover page nor in the chapter... im disapointed.

LoS
August 23, 2010, 06:35 PM
And FT loose another S-rank mage.. And cool one :/

Don't know why this is even an issue. Was pretty obvious Earthland didn't need two of the same person there, Mist Gun was expendable once Gerard entered the fray.

Also, it's pretty obvious once again, that the new/younger crop of mages is there to replace the older ones. Fairy Tail already Lost Ivan, Luxus, Mist Gun, and they have Grey, Natsu, Freid, Juvia, and Gazille who are all capable of replacing the "old guard" if you will. Gildartz, and Makarov will eventually be replaced as well, despite them being monstrously strong.

hongoasdf
August 23, 2010, 06:46 PM
Don't know why this is even an issue. Was pretty obvious Earthland didn't need two of the same person there, Mist Gun was expendable once Gerard entered the fray.

But now Earthland has 2 Ichiyas ._.

A doubt came to my mind... if the regular Anima didn't absorb Natsu when this arc began, Wendy nor Gazille, why is it working this time?

The only explanation I can think of as of now is that this one wasn't necessarily an Anima that was inverted. It may have been a variation.

Pirulito
August 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
Cover with no Lisana?!
Shame!

MAX_COLA_POWER!
August 23, 2010, 08:44 PM
I guess if it's not a fangirl Lisanna that falls in love with Natsu, then it's not important to the series apparently^^;;.

sarutobi_sensei
August 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
So technically, how many S class mages are left? Like...3? Gildartz, Erza, and Juvia?

Nope.

Gajeel is also a S class mage, as is Natsu and I'm pretty sure Gray is on that level also.

But now Earthland has 2 Ichiyas ._.

A doubt came to my mind... if the regular Anima didn't absorb Natsu when this arc began, Wendy nor Gazille, why is it working this time?

The only explanation I can think of as of now is that this one wasn't necessarily an Anima that was inverted. It may have been a variation.

Technically it has one Ichiya and one Nichiya.

Cause there were different conditions. For starters they were in Edoras. Every magical thing was disappearing. And Gérard said that the preparations were being made. We don't know if he did something else.

Can't wait to read the scanlated english chapter tough :D

Baka_Sousui
August 24, 2010, 12:29 AM
Technically it has one Ichiya and one Nichiya.

Technically everyone in Edolas had different surnames.

I wonder what the rest or Earthland's reactions would be like. Would they even know anything happened? I mean they will now. But that's a lot to catch up. If Gildartz wasn't behind enough he is now.

edit: Gajeel was an S-Class mage with Phantom Lord, it should have transfered over. Freid has been recommended for S-class before. Natsu and Gray are probably S-class level but haven't yet been officially recognized as ones. Natsu probably due to his destructive personality. Not sure about Gray. and Mirajane is also S-class even though she is sort of retired.

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 24, 2010, 01:16 AM
Cover with no Lisana?!
Shame!

Agreed! I was looking for her for a while! Lol, other then that I thought the cover was great, sort of like edoras Fairy Tails Version of the first Fairy Tail Poster in FT+.

Does anybody think there is any chance of Lissanna coming back to Earthland? Like Natsu grabbing her saying "See Ya Suckers!" or her somehow having magic in her body?

I mean Lissanna coming back to Earthland with the group is the only good reason I can think of for her not appearing on the title page, I'm probably wrong but a boy can dream. (^_^)

Baka_Sousui
August 24, 2010, 01:28 AM
Edo-Lisanna will stay in Edolas where she belongs.

If Lisanna does come back. It will be because a Necromancer summoned her to use against fairy tail. They have a big battle. She is defeated by Mirajane, Elfman and maybe Natsu. Tells them that she forgives them and returns to being dead.

That is my prediction for a Lisanna arc, very cliche and most likely story line.

thefreak
August 24, 2010, 01:52 AM
Will love if Lisana comes back. Not dead but living........

So will we have an updates on dragons... after this?

deffkryz
August 24, 2010, 05:06 AM
So... this arc is finally coming to an end. Earthland mages are returning to their world, Edo-Gérard stays in Edolas as hero, the one who defeated the demon lord. And the Exceed are ... heading to Earthland as well? So they originated from Earthland, too?

Baka_Sousui
August 24, 2010, 06:16 AM
No. All Magic is being transferred to Earthland. Since the Exceeds a made of magic themselves like the people of Earthland. They are being sent to Earthland as well. There shouldn't be any magic left in Edolas after this.

sarutobi_sensei
August 24, 2010, 06:40 AM
Technically everyone in Edolas had different surnames.

I wonder what the rest or Earthland's reactions would be like. Would they even know anything happened? I mean they will now. But that's a lot to catch up. If Gildartz wasn't behind enough he is now.

edit: Gajeel was an S-Class mage with Phantom Lord, it should have transfered over. Freid has been recommended for S-class before. Natsu and Gray are probably S-class level but haven't yet been officially recognized as ones. Natsu probably due to his destructive personality. Not sure about Gray. and Mirajane is also S-class even though she is sort of retired.

I know that, someone was pointing that there would be 2 Ichiyas in Earthland, which isn't the case, cause one is human, the other is an Exceed.

Hmm, they probably never noticed a thing xD

That or they did and are worried sick xD

Sollum
August 24, 2010, 07:05 AM
I loved mimic on Panthers face, its like "WTF ARE YOU DOING? I DONT WANA GO TO EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO".

Dunno, this arc was a pretty downer at the end and past the middle. I had such big hopes, but in the end it was kinda lame, mainly all that "happy ending" crap.

Lots of EdoFT members where killed by Edorza, but hey its ok, lets forget that.

Mystgun interfered with fathers plan to supply his people with better life, but its still ok, i mean, am sure we would go back to stone age if we would need to save someone and its not like we are selfish or something.

I hope next chapter, when EarthFT members get back to earth, we wont see stuff like "world is on fire! while they where gone, dragon attacked!". That would be biggest bs ever >.>

From Happiest Happy Ending ever to Normal Storyline

sarutobi_sensei
August 24, 2010, 09:04 AM
I would personally like it if something terrible happened to earthland while they were gone. It would be amazingly good!

They were gone and don't have the time to recover, they need to keep on fighting. Now that's good :D

Krono
August 24, 2010, 10:41 AM
From Happiest Happy Ending ever to Normal Storyline

Eh, I wouldn't call it the happiest happy ending ever. Sure things will work out in the long run, however keep in mind:

- The Exceed just lost everything. Their propaganda inflated view of themselves was shattered. Their city and lands have been destroyed, fallen from the sky and turned into rubble. They themselves have been hauled en mass with naught but the clothes on their back to a world where their "infinite magic" is nothing special. The only advocates they'll have in this world are a bunch of people their elders tried to kill. The only silver lining in all this is that no one is likely to be trying to commit nekocide on them.

- Edoras just experienced the end of the world as they knew it. In theory all magic is gone. The islands in the sky came crashing down, and everything about their way of life, from the world conquering military, to the basics that depended on magic no longer functions. How much of an impact this has is debatable as Faust had been hording magic for the army and his capital, so lesser regions might have already been doing without. Yeah they've got a target to blame, and a hero that drove away the target to carry them through the short term, but sorting out the new world order is likely to be a long and difficult process.

- Wendy just lost her Gerard. She spent the last seven years wanting to meet him again, and when she does, she barely gets a chance to say "hi" before they end up stuck in different worlds. This comes fairly hard on the heels of learning that the guild she spent the last seven years in was a ghost created illusion, and watching them all vanish before her eyes.

For it to be the happiest ending ever, Edoras would need to have gotten it's eternal magic without anyone being sacrificed, the Exceed and Edoras population to have become best of friends, Mystogan gets to return to Fairy Tail instead of staying behind to rebuild, and overall no one would have lost anything.

goldb
August 24, 2010, 11:57 AM
The Lily pet dream is still on!!! and finally this god-forsaken arc is over...

Can't wait for the translatation, I need to understand how they got sent back with the anima by Lily and the other cat.

rokubushunoshihan
August 24, 2010, 12:38 PM
Punching eachother in the face while reciting the three rules for leaving Fairy Tail was a very powerful moment :darn

Kravmaga
August 24, 2010, 06:52 PM
Punching eachother in the face while reciting the three rules for leaving Fairy Tail was a very powerful moment :darn

That's how real men say goodbye.
What don't you punch one another while you promise to man up? =P

Also, english scans are out"
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/50575907/1

97gsxminus1bolt
August 24, 2010, 07:22 PM
Wait where was lisanna? So weird she wasnt shown at all.

weird_pirate
August 24, 2010, 08:30 PM
a small talk bout everyone and wat ahppen or eaither they'll shrugg it all off
no wait
the cats*forgot names* itll b about them YEA!!

Nonlife
August 24, 2010, 09:26 PM
Is any of the connections in MistGun's world true in the other world? For example, is...Gerard?, is he the biological son of a well-known, evil mage? (Hasn't the King's name been mentioned? Is it the same name as the "mage" who happens to be the boss of Gerard's former female aide?)

ghostexiled
August 25, 2010, 03:27 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/198/)

198 Chinese scan link:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=876383470

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/21943154/1

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Lectro Volpi
August 25, 2010, 03:28 AM
I'm happy we can finally get over with this arc.

I'm sad because Mistgun's mistery is over and he was not much of a show... Man, he looked badass in his short fight with Luxus.

No Lisanna and no more grown up Wendy? I'm sad again. But let us get back to the actual storyline!

Unlucky Boy
August 25, 2010, 04:23 AM
LOL at the king crushed under a pile of rocks on the last page :p

So many things remained unanswered...
How come the DS magic is so important in a world with no dragons or DS?
What was the real purpose of sending the cat eggs to earthland? Why did they want to kill the DS?
Mistgun's magic looked a lot more earthish than the simple edolish magic. The earthland mages always say they can sense magic from people, no one had noticed he has no magic in his body? (Maybe thats why he was always on his own...)
What were those pills Mistgun gave FT and where did he get them?

Anyway I'm glad this arc is over. Next chapter most probably will be about the exceed and their new future.
I think the next arc should be about Luxus and Ivan's guild. Now that Gildartz (Ivan's old rival) is back is the time to strike, before he goes on another 100 years mission.

Rowel
August 25, 2010, 08:34 AM
This would have had a lot more impact if we had actually spent any amount of time on some of these characters we're bidding farewell to. Ah well, I'll take what I can get. As I said in response to the spoilers, good seeing Mystogan getting beat up, and that there is now one less Jellal running around the story. Guess the cats aren't going away any time soon. Ah well, least Panther Lily's going to be around for the long haul it looks like.

Black dragon or bust next arc, Mashima.

sarutobi_sensei
August 25, 2010, 08:48 AM
@ unlucky boy - those questions are still going to be answered. Don't forget that the cats have gone to Earthland, so, they are still there to answer the questions.

Dass Jennir
August 25, 2010, 10:34 AM
A disappointing arc... and now one the most nice FT mage is gone. And a lot os questions remain...

I'm honestly very disappointed with the quality of this arc.:(:notrust

Bowser
August 25, 2010, 10:53 AM
Thats how you get rid of one of the most mysterious S-ranked Mage in Fairy Tail. You have him be a prince in the other world and then he saves his world and leaves FT just like that.

Next arc better be good.

Arrogance
August 25, 2010, 12:18 PM
Just got to read the chapter and I'm a bit glad to see a cover of Edo Fairy Tail saying goodbye. I didn't hate this arc but I'm just about ready to see something new and refreshing. Glad to see Natsu was making Mistgun fight seriously with real blows. I loved the page where all the dragon slayers were overreacting while being sucked into the anima as if they were being destroyed :XD.

Anywho I have no idea what will happen next. Now everyone will have cats at least and Gazille is definitely gonna still keep trying to make lily his own. All the exceed moving could play some role or at least make things interesting for a while before a new opponent steps in. I have hope for the future but I just don't know what to expect :XD.

p1xel
August 25, 2010, 04:40 PM
Nice chapter,end of the arc.I`m happy now:P
So the plan worked and everything ended happy:D
No ideas what will happen now,its almost midninght now...I`m going to sleep:P
Bye,bye(Ichimaru Gin style:P)

Baka_Sousui
August 25, 2010, 05:38 PM
Just got to read the chapter and I'm a bit glad to see a cover of Edo Fairy Tail saying goodbye. I didn't hate this arc but I'm just about ready to see something new and refreshing. Glad to see Natsu was making Mistgun fight seriously with real blows. I loved the page where all the dragon slayers were overreacting while being sucked into the anima as if they were being destroyed :XD.

Anywho I have no idea what will happen next. Now everyone will have cats at least and Gazille is definitely gonna still keep trying to make lily his own. All the exceed moving could play some role or at least make things interesting for a while before a new opponent steps in. I have hope for the future but I just don't know what to expect :XD.

Hahaha for some reason I'm reminded of the Simpsons reading this post.

Gym teacher: Cats for everybody!
Student:but i had a dog.
Gym teacher: It's cats now!!

Nichiya and Ichiya meeting will be funny.

phantom887
August 25, 2010, 10:36 PM
This sucks fairy tail lost one of there most powerful mages so now there out luxus and mistgun. The only really strong ones left besides erza and macarov is gildartz.

elitefox
August 25, 2010, 11:04 PM
hmm... so mystogun didn't adjust to the earth's environment?

he just have magic in sticks?

Am I the only one that jellal is better off than mystogan :D

weird_pirate
August 26, 2010, 11:07 AM
well then mayb nastu will b upgraded to S class now?

llamapie
August 26, 2010, 01:00 PM
well then mayb nastu will b upgraded to S class now?

o_O I would think he's already there, after all the beat downs he put on bad ass mages.

Unlucky Boy
August 26, 2010, 01:06 PM
o_O I would think he's already there, after all the beat downs he put on bad ass mages.

S-class is not only about power, it's about being able to take on S-class missions on your own.

IMO he's not there yet. He cant take any mission alone cause he's driven by nakama power...

llamapie
August 26, 2010, 05:18 PM
S-class is not only about power, it's about being able to take on S-class missions on your own.

IMO he's not there yet. He cant take any mission alone cause he's driven by nakama power...

He is driven by the curse of: "Shonen main characters are not dependable until a time skip of 2+ years occurs".

ghostexiled
August 26, 2010, 05:37 PM
Lets try to refocus back onto discussing the chapter and what may come...

Thanks!

Lee-tyme7
August 27, 2010, 04:47 PM
LOL, so all the cats are absorb into Earthland now so that mean Gazille will keep his cat after all. Can anyone say Vegetta and Napa? XD

kongregate
August 28, 2010, 12:56 AM
so sad that mystogan will not return ft.

Zatono
August 28, 2010, 10:59 AM
This is my prediction for the upcoming chapters xD

I've said this already, but I still think the huge amounts of magic being poured into Earthland isn't just going to dissipate like Mystogan thinks. There's going to be a dark guild, most likely Raven Tail, that takes that magic while it's pouring in, and that'll lead to the next arc.

Fairy Tail will be directly responsible for clearing up whatever matter happens, because it's basically their fault that the Dark Guild got hold of a huge amount of magic energy. It'll be a good way to get Gildartz back into the action, since he was clearly left out right after his huge appearance, and since his dislike is the leader of Raven Tail, we'll get to see more of him.

goldb
August 29, 2010, 07:05 AM
I don't we'll go into a big arc straightaway, but instead we'll have some downtime where the guild adjusts to some news about Mystogan and what happened to them. Maybe they won't have any recollection of anything happening whilst they were in the lachryma.

Baka_Sousui
August 29, 2010, 07:23 AM
Mystogan never really interacted with the fairy tail members anyways. Not many would really miss him. The only one who knew him well enough was probably Makarov anyways. He pretty much put the guild to sleep every time he came by. There wouldn't be much to adjust to except news that he left, and even with that they could say he went on a long special mission that only he could do.

Nonlife
August 29, 2010, 12:28 PM
I'm glad things happened the way they did. It would have sucked if Mistgun went with his original plan...it'd feel redundant since he&Gerard look so much like Sieghart...and there was enough drama from his demise. Now I wonder what the next arc will be about? Where are all those cats going to live?

mirasbang
August 30, 2010, 08:04 AM
198 Chinese scan link:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=876383470

hongoasdf
August 30, 2010, 08:15 AM
Two words, concerning pages 16 and on:

EPIC LOL.

Raijatsu
August 30, 2010, 08:17 AM
This chapter looks interesting, Gajeel gets his cat, the exceed will find peace in earthland and....well the last page says everything. I see a new love-triangle coming

kazille
August 30, 2010, 08:32 AM
last page. mind f***. shit brickz.

kkck
August 30, 2010, 08:34 AM
WTH happened to lily? it's a strange critter, its no longer full of win now.... And why in the world did he bring back lisana?

Raijatsu
August 30, 2010, 08:43 AM
ahh well no sense talking about this unless someone here can read chinese and gives a brief summary. For now let's wait for a scanlation :D
this chapter looks good and it gives plente of stuff to talk in the next chapters

Krono
August 30, 2010, 08:45 AM
WTH happened to lily? it's a strange critter, its no longer full of win now.... And why in the world did he bring back lisana?

Considering that Pantherlily was nowhere near her, I'd guess he ran across her in Earthland and decided to capture her until they could figure out why she was dragged along.

Fyna
August 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
I think its more Lisanna was sucked in by the Anima, too? :/

tenebrae
August 30, 2010, 09:03 AM
could that mean that lisana has magic inside her somehow?

kkck
August 30, 2010, 09:06 AM
I think we should have guessed lisana was coming to earthland when she did not appear in the good by cover last week. Seriously lol, most of us have been reading shounen enough to know better.

shinsengumi
August 30, 2010, 09:06 AM
hey hey hey , what if that lisanna is actually from earthland ? this explains why she would accidently get sucked into anima "coz she has magic in her body"
what if she didnt die but got kidnapped or something ? its a long long shot without even a single word of translation but it just crossed my mind

Krono
August 30, 2010, 09:11 AM
I think we should have guessed lisana was coming to earthland when she did not appear in the good by cover last week. Seriously lol, most of us have been reading shounen enough to know better.

Several people I've seen were, but most of them seemed to be the ones that where desperate for her to be the Earthland Lisanna, so people tended to be dismissive of it.

kkck
August 30, 2010, 09:16 AM
Why would panther lily tie her up though? Seems like a random thing to do considering there is no reason for him to believe she is an enemy or anything of the sort. Wonder if lily was left in that state because he had magic sucked out of him. I don't think he can fight anymore....

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 30, 2010, 09:17 AM
Agreed! I was looking for her for a while! Lol, other then that I thought the cover was great, sort of like edoras Fairy Tails Version of the first Fairy Tail Poster in FT+.

Does anybody think there is any chance of Lissanna coming back to Earthland? Like Natsu grabbing her saying "See Ya Suckers!" or her somehow having magic in her body?

I mean Lissanna coming back to Earthland with the group is the only good reason I can think of for her not appearing on the title page, I'm probably wrong but a boy can dream. (^_^)

I speculated this last chapter when she wasn't on the cover and people told me that i was wrong! (-_-) haha well i'm glad Lissanna is on Earthland!

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 30, 2010, 09:19 AM

I speculated this last chapter when she wasn't on the cover,but i was told that it wouldn't happen (-_-)

Krono
August 30, 2010, 09:21 AM
Why would panther lily tie her up though? Seems like a random thing to do considering there is no reason for him to believe she is an enemy or anything of the sort. Wonder if lily was left in that state because he had magic sucked out of him. I don't think he can fight anymore....

It was probably the only way he could get her to come along with him. He has no reason to believe she's an enemy, but he knows she shouldn't be there and needs to talk to people that can help her. She on the other hand has plenty of reason to consider him an enemy and run away.

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 30, 2010, 09:29 AM
Maybe the Reason Lissanna is on Earthland and Lily is Chibi is because Lily put some of his magic inside of her? I'm not quiet sure how that would work but It's the only thing i can think of.

It looks like Fairy Tail is gonna be bigger and better then ever after the end of the Edolas Arc.

Newkerzy
August 30, 2010, 09:49 AM
Good God!!! I just barfed from the last page for the plot twist!! (a case of not eating well earlier as well) damn, that's gotta be (some of) the biggest mindfuck in shonen storyline ever!!!

hongoasdf
August 30, 2010, 10:06 AM
hey hey hey , what if that lisanna is actually from earthland ? this explains why she would accidently get sucked into anima "coz she has magic in her body"
what if she didnt die but got kidnapped or something ? its a long long shot without even a single word of translation but it just crossed my mind

If thet were the case, she would've recognized Natsu and Happy when they first met in Edoras. No, I think this is Edoras Lisanna, but as to why she has magic, that is yet to be seen.

Baka_Sousui
August 30, 2010, 10:27 AM
OMG... Mashima actually pulled out that plot twist?
Why? Mirajane/Elfman arc is next i guess. But why? Makes no sense. What so ever.
If Panther Lily wasn't enough of a surprise. Mashima has finally mind****ed me.

At least one of my earlier predictions was almost right. Gajeel is getting a black cat.

HappyStealer
August 30, 2010, 11:24 AM
Wow....... really interesting plot twist. I mean I did notice Lisanna not in the cover of last week's chapter but I never expected her to actually come to earthland........ And doesn't chibi panther lily look like mickey mouse? Hahaha, Gazille's expression is priceless. He's starting to become one of my favorite characters.

** According to my friend who can read chinese, his translation of the chapter goes like this: When they arrive on Earthland, Lucy and company wonder's if everyone is ok. They find out that the Exceed's arrived before them and already checked out the place. Charle is against the Exceed staying because they gave her the order to kill the dragonslayers. The queen reveals that what was believed is false and that the real reason she sent the 100 eggs to earthland was because she foresaw that the humans of edoras would destroy exceed land so she ordered the sending of 100 eggs to earthland in a superman kinda fashion. Charle also has the ability to foresee the future (basically she is the queen's daughter) so she confused her power to see the future as an order to kill the dragonslayers. As the exceed are flying off, happy's dad asks the queen why she didn't tell charle she was her mother and the queen answers that it was not her place to reveal that until they find the rest of the 98 eggs that were sent 6 years ago to earthland. Natsu says let's go back to the guild while lucy asks how do they explain everything to everyone at the guild since thye dont know anything and gray kinda reiterates the same thing. Erza says they can't tell anyone about mistgun while wendy says "everyone, your arms" (Basically this is the arm shaking portion) gazille wonder's where his cat is and then chibi panther lily appears. Chibi panther lily requests to join Fairy tail to Gazille's ecstatic response by hugging him. Then chibi panther lily says he caught someone suspicious and pulls out lisanna. End of chapter.

Mashiro_Luna
August 30, 2010, 12:13 PM
Here's a basic summery from Fairy Tail wikia, they usually have it right so thought I should post it.

Coming out of Anima, Team Natsu, along with Gajeel, Wendy, and Charle declared that they are back on Earth Land. Erza wanted to check for the safety of every first, but the Exceeds, which arrived before them, ensured their safety. The whole gang was surprised by the Exceeds appearance in Earth Land. Charle refused to forgive them because of her mission to eliminate the Dragon Slayer, and wanted them to go back to Edolas. The elders of Exceed stepped out and explained the full truth. Shagotte's foresaw the fall of Extalia, and believed that it was the work of the Edoras Human. Knowing that they have no way of winning against them, they have planned to let 100 unborn Exceeds to escape their demise, and used the excuse of eliminating the Dragon Slayers to send the eggs to Earth Land. One thing they didn't expect was Charle's ability to see the future. Shagotte explained that perhaps because of her ability, she foresaw the events of Edoras, and believed that those are her missions. The queen asked that the mission is not the fault of the Exceeds, but herself. Charle accepted her apology with the Exceeds help, but still wonders why they have the same ability, which caused the Elders and the Queen coughing in wonder and embarassment... As they left, while Team Natsu wondering whether or not to reveal the event of Edoras to the guild, Gajeel was wondering where Pantherlily was. Showing up in a Chibi form, Pantherlily wishes to join the guild that Mystogan once stayed, which caused Gajeel to hold him in tears and happiness. Pantherlily then stated that he has caught someone suspecious, which left everyone speechless...

sarutobi_sensei
August 30, 2010, 12:42 PM
Haha Panther Lily in Chibi Form xD

So Happy finds out about his parents also. And it really seems that Shaggotte and Charle are mother and daughter.

Gajeel is like: MAH CAT!!!!!!!

So how come Lisanna went there? I mean sure it was suspicious of her to not be on the cover of Bye Bye Fairy Tail, but still, how come? What gives? Could've she gotten memory loss and be the Lisanna from earthland somehow?

Can't wait to read what's next ;D

AandWguy
August 30, 2010, 01:09 PM
Last page, What the *******************?!

Actually, I was wondering why Lisana wasn't on the front page of chapter 197 though.

But I thought it was because there wasn't enough room for all the alterante characters.

eclipse12
August 30, 2010, 01:20 PM
Hahahahahahahahah Pantherlily in chibi form hahahahahahahahahaha that is totally awesome. So charle and the queen are mother and daughter thought so. And what is up with lisanna. Maybe she is from earthland. Gazeel must be jump with joy for having a cat now. So now that half to look for the 98 other eggs. The aurthor just close one window and opened a door with that one.

LoS
August 30, 2010, 02:00 PM
Well I seriously hope this isn't permanent. Lisana was the single/only tragedy of this manga, and even that was off-screen backstory. This gets more childish as we go along.

BUT I am very glad and happy that the Edoras arc is officially over, and the Excede will be getting no major face time, minus the group tagging along with their partners who are the only one's who will get any amount of serious screen time.

Why? Mirajane/Elfman arc is next i guess. But why? Makes no sense. What so ever.

So how come Lisanna went there? I mean sure it was suspicious of her to not be on the cover of Bye Bye Fairy Tail, but still, how come? What gives? Could've she gotten memory loss and be the Lisanna from earthland somehow?

kkck
August 30, 2010, 02:11 PM
If lisana was actually sucked by the anima, the only possibility I could see is that she is the lisana everyone thought was dead. Only way she'd actually be sucked by the anima is that she has magic within her so she must necessarily be from earthland for that to even be plausible. It'd make sense no one would notice she had magic within her body considering earthland mages can't use magic with their bodies in edoras. Of course, that would mean she has amnesia or something of the sort given her reaction to natsu. This would of course mean the lisana that died before was the one from edoras so right now mashima would have to explain why exactly they were traded before. Perhaps the anima that edoras was trying to use malfunction and that lead to the circumstances of lisana's death.

kkck
August 30, 2010, 02:21 PM
OMG... Mashima actually pulled out that plot twist?
If Panther Lily wasn't enough of a surprise. Mashima has finally mind****ed me.

At least one of my earlier predictions was almost right. Gajeel is getting a black cat.

What do you mean by it making no sense? An arc has been utterly terminated and the story has to move on, I don't see what exactly is it that makes no sense.

Lyn685
August 30, 2010, 02:24 PM
I only liked the part where Gajeel got his cat.
And what is Lisanna doing there?
More characters Mashima will have troubles with developing?
Seriously Mashima, the main-crew of your manga is underdeveloped... concentrate on them first before throwing in countless new characters into the mix..... goddamnit!

Raijatsu
August 30, 2010, 02:34 PM
Lisanna is already part of the cast so adding here isnt a real problem, so far we had arcs for every main member+mistgun and it is likely as the manga's name is Fairy Tail we get arcs for all bigger members of the guild, it's what makes thes manga special

Lyn685
August 30, 2010, 02:43 PM
Lisanna is already part of the cast so adding here isnt a real problem, so far we had arcs for every main member+mistgun and it is likely as the manga's name is Fairy Tail we get arcs for all bigger members of the guild, it's what makes thes manga specialYeah she was a part of the cast... before she DIED! :P
And by the way, she never really did anything, so adding her now to the party and trying to make her important IS like adding another character who Mahima isn't able to make use of anymore in 1 or 2 arcs.

HappyStealer
August 30, 2010, 02:46 PM
Well, I see the addition of Lisana is to help with the development of Natsu's, Elfman's and Mirajane's characters. It could also be used as a point of tension for love interests of Natsu (maybe Lucy)

Krono
August 30, 2010, 03:07 PM
Well I seriously hope this isn't permanent. Lisana was the single/only tragedy of this manga, and even that was off-screen backstory. This gets more childish as we go along.

I'd say it's a bit premature to call it childish. It kinda assumes that either it somehow is their Lisanna, or that she'll readily fill the exact same space as her counterpart.

More likely is that it is Edo-Lisanna, and she'll be distraught that she's stuck on another world that's very different than the one she knows and will want to get back. Natsu, Elfman, and Mirajane will be uncomfortable around her as she looks like their Lisanna, but isn't. That overall rather than everyone be "Hurray! Lisanna is back!" or "Hurray! We've got a replacement Lisanna!" people will be "WTF! Umm, now what?"

Which can lead nicely into more with Natsu, Mirajane, and Elfman, as the last two have barely coped with EL-Lisanna's death, and Natsu clearly hasn't at all.

jacke12
August 30, 2010, 03:40 PM
It's like Mashima did it for us Natsu x Lisana fans. I have a theory when someone from Earthland dies his/her magical power goes to his counterpart in Edolas and with reversed anima he/she will be sucked too

kkck
August 30, 2010, 03:52 PM
I only liked the part where Gajeel got his cat.
And what is Lisanna doing there?
More characters Mashima will have troubles with developing?
Seriously Mashima, the main-crew of your manga is underdeveloped... concentrate on them first before throwing in countless new characters into the mix..... goddamnit!

What do you mean with main crew? Grey, lucy and erza have all had arcs of their own for their development. Natsu is the main character so it is always about him. Gazille and wendy are getting development bit by bit as are charle and happy. On top of that mira, elfman and makarov have also have reasonable development considering they are less than secondary characters. Who else is the main crew? I don't think developing the rest of FT is so crucial that introducing another character is such a terrible thing.

HappyStealer
August 30, 2010, 04:03 PM
It's like Mashima did it for us Natsu x Lisana fans. I have a theory when someone from Earthland dies his/her magical power goes to his counterpart in Edolas and with reversed anima he/she will be sucked too

Interesting theory, that definitely is a good one and makes sense.

I also think that because Lisana is shrouded in mystery and that she is the only character who's been confirmed so far to have harbored feelings for Natsu, readers were drawn to her. Authors sometimes introduce characters and all of a sudden, they become popular, kinda like Toshiro Hitsugaya from Bleach.

Ravis
August 30, 2010, 05:02 PM
Eh.... ok so a cat who has no knowlage of the new world hes dumped in finds a random girl in the woods and decides to tie her up?????

also how does a 1foot cat tie up a 5 foot girl anyway?

also not happy with it sence it means two completly diffrent people just lost a sister

iamtenninja
August 30, 2010, 05:31 PM
I'd say it's a bit premature to call it childish. It kinda assumes that either it somehow is their Lisanna, or that she'll readily fill the exact same space as her counterpart.

More likely is that it is Edo-Lisanna, and she'll be distraught that she's stuck on another world that's very different than the one she knows and will want to get back. Natsu, Elfman, and Mirajane will be uncomfortable around her as she looks like their Lisanna, but isn't. That overall rather than everyone be "Hurray! Lisanna is back!" or "Hurray! We've got a replacement Lisanna!" people will be "WTF! Umm, now what?"

Which can lead nicely into more with Natsu, Mirajane, and Elfman, as the last two have barely coped with EL-Lisanna's death, and Natsu clearly hasn't at all.

I can actually see Lisanna as a plot device to visiting Edoras again despite the "Never returning" declaration by Charle (who just happened to know they'd never return). Despite her origins as wherever, she's not with the people she grew up with; I'd at least hope she wants to go back to her own world. Thus I'll brave her appearance for another chance of Mystogan but that's a very low probability now.

digit03
August 30, 2010, 06:41 PM
What do you mean with main crew? Grey, lucy and erza have all had arcs of their own for their development. Natsu is the main character so it is always about him. Gazille and wendy are getting development bit by bit as are charle and happy. On top of that mira, elfman and makarov have also have reasonable development considering they are less than secondary characters. Who else is the main crew? I don't think developing the rest of FT is so crucial that introducing another character is such a terrible thing.

not particularly main crew,but i think.. juvia,levy and her team,macao(even with the begining story about his son),cana.

NAM61
August 30, 2010, 06:59 PM
wonder if when lisanna died in earthland her power transferred to this other one. should be interesting to see why she was taken to the earth world. and what her siblings reaction will be.

llamapie
August 30, 2010, 08:15 PM
I speculated this last chapter when she wasn't on the cover,but i was told that it wouldn't happen (-_-)

Could be she never actually died. INTERESTING

kkck
August 30, 2010, 08:37 PM
not particularly main crew,but i think.. juvia,levy and her team,macao(even with the begining story about his son),cana.

Out of those I would only think jubia is important. The rest don't even reach proper secondary character status IMO.

eclipse12
August 30, 2010, 08:42 PM
That what I think too that lisanna never died and that she was somewhere else. I thought that the giomre heart guys took he and made a slave of her. But if she was in edoras then that is totally awesome. She most likely has amnesia and doesn't remember a thing.

Baka_Sousui
August 30, 2010, 08:45 PM
What do you mean by it making no sense? An arc has been utterly terminated and the story has to move on, I don't see what exactly is it that makes no sense.

Why did he take Lisanna away from Endoras with little to no hope of returning. Is she expected to adjust to her life in earthland suddenly? With people that are her family but technically aren't? I mean I knew there would be an arc where Elfman, Mirajane and Lisanna's story would be dealt with a bit more in dept, but i honestly thought it would be dealt with a little differently.

kkck
August 30, 2010, 08:56 PM
Well, not liking a development is not the same as an event not making sense. Not sure if she is doomed to stay in earthland though. IMO she is the lisana from earthland considering she seems to have magic within her but there is a good chance she can return considering mistgun was able to move relatively freely between earthland and edoras.

justf0rnow
August 30, 2010, 09:03 PM
does anyone else notice that natsu gave his cape to lucy ? aww... :eyeroll:eyeroll:eyeroll:eyeroll

Ravis
August 30, 2010, 09:07 PM
Now that i think about it Edo chars all had diffrent last names, so i suppose theres acctually a chance shes not related to anyone in edo. While i still dont like it its a better solution than riping one family appart to try to fix a diffrent one.

also Natsu giveing Lucy his robe was kinda cool :p

Unlucky Boy
August 31, 2010, 12:27 AM
That is not Earthland Lisanna.

Earthland Lisanna had her FT tatoo on her shoulder.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v07/c055/16.html

This Lisanna has it on her thigh.

kkck
August 31, 2010, 01:05 AM
Isn't that on her dress? Although, it is true her tatoo is not where it is supposed to be based on the flashback.

Unlucky Boy
August 31, 2010, 01:22 AM
Isn't that on her dress? Although, it is true her tatoo is not where it is supposed to be based on the flashback.

It's not on the dress. You can see here as well- the dress covers it a little.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v21/c170/5.html

It's also white or some other light color. Earthland Lisanna's tatoo was red like Natsu's tatoo.

Krono
August 31, 2010, 01:26 AM
That is not Earthland Lisanna.

Earthland Lisanna had her FT tatoo on her shoulder.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v07/c055/16.html

This Lisanna has it on her thigh.

Sadly that detail doesn't matter much, people just say that she decided to move it.

I really wish more people would apply Occam's Razor to this. For this to be Earthland's Lisanna, a severely wounded Lisanna would have to disappear right before Mirajane's eyes, practically from her arms. She and Elfman would have to conclude that meant Elfman had killed her, and convince Natsu she was truly dead without a body. Meanwhile she would have to lose her memory in Edoras, be mistaken for their Lisanna somehow, and randomly decide to have her guildmark moved. All without anyone suspecting something wrong.

For this to be Edo-Lisanna, she just needs one excuse to be caught up in the anima. Mystogan didn't expect people to be pulled out as well, so it could be pretty much anything.

k0dach1
August 31, 2010, 01:39 AM
Makes sense seeing that at the beginning of this arc, it was said that it was getting close to Lisana's death anniversary. Then FT got sucked up in that anima.

DAMN! Can't wait for the next episode!
Should be an Mira/Elfman arc and hope to see more about Lisana's past/"death."

LoS
August 31, 2010, 02:47 AM
Should be an Mira/Elfman arc and hope to see more about Lisana's past/"death."

Not really excited, to be honest. I will be in the end though, when Mira regains her full power!

Lyn685
August 31, 2010, 03:41 AM
What do you mean with main crew? Grey, lucy and erza have all had arcs of their own for their development. Natsu is the main character so it is always about him. Gazille and wendy are getting development bit by bit as are charle and happy. On top of that mira, elfman and makarov have also have reasonable development considering they are less than secondary characters. Who else is the main crew? I don't think developing the rest of FT is so crucial that introducing another character is such a terrible thing.Altough many characters had their own arcs, they are just as boring as before, if not even more uninteresting.
Erza was cool before she became a crybaby.
Natsu was ok before he got obsessed with screaming "NAKAMA" all the time and making every serious scene ridiculous.
Lucy had Potential before Mashima decided to throw a huge pile of keys at her, which some she can obviously barely use because she has that much of them.
Grey's just standing in Natsus Shadow all the time.
Wendy is just a little girl... with powers.
Charle and Happy got uninteresting when it was revealed that their people really is nothing more than just flying cats.
Elfman, Mirajane and Makarov barely play an important role in more recent arcs and I can't really say that they changed much.
And don't let me get started on the bland personalitys of most of those characters.

Now Lisanna is coming back, but knowing Mashima she will just get dumped some time later like many other characters from Fairy Tail.

Gajeel and maybe Lluvia are the only interesting characters because they are the only ones that really got developed.

jacke12
August 31, 2010, 03:47 AM
i can say only one thing Mashima is making Fairy tail more and more intresting

Sollum
August 31, 2010, 04:00 AM
Wait, i just noticed, didn't EdoFT's have different guild mark?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v21/c170/5.html EdoLis

http://img16.tx.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/246/21-171.0/compressed/p18.jpg Edolus

EdoFT's mark looks like that thing that Jesus whore when he was crucified and Lisana has a normal FT mark. I predict epic asspull called "Loss of memory and accidental warping to another dimension".

New Lily looks so cute :>

Unlucky Boy
August 31, 2010, 04:40 AM
Wait, i just noticed, didn't EdoFT's have different guild mark?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v21/c170/5.html EdoLis

http://img16.tx.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/246/21-171.0/compressed/p18.jpg Edolus

EdoFT's mark looks like that thing that Jesus whore when he was crucified and Lisana has a normal FT mark. I predict epic asspull called "Loss of memory and accidental warping to another dimension".

New Lily looks so cute :>

That's probably another tatoo or one over another. The guild emblem is the same
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v20/c169/16.html
There's also some guy there wearing a coat with this emblem on the back.

But it's true I dont think there was anyone in Edo-FT with the actual emblem tatoo on his skin besides Lisanna.

Still why would she move and change it's color?
makes no sense unless the real Edo-Lisanna died before her or at the same time she almost died, and she had that different tatoo...
Am I thinking too much?

ca12nag3
August 31, 2010, 04:48 AM
We dont know much about the guild mark realy. Perhaps its easily removed. And thus she could have taken a edo fairytail mark. (if shes the real Earthland Lisanna)

And calling this a childish development?

We are going to see a realy serious Natsu for the first time ( i supose) since deep inside he still loves her (i asume). He will want to know whats going on here. And even if shes the Edolas Lisanna it will be hard on him.

As for Mira and Elfman im not sure its wise to bring her to FT HQ asap since both Mira and Elfman dont know anything of that world yet since they were part of the lachryma. Confronting them with a alternate Lisanna would make things bad.

Smit
August 31, 2010, 07:39 AM
About the FT mark. I always assumed that it was an easy magic spell like reedus uses. If thats it then it should not be hard to edit it. But ill see what happens with lisanna.
But for now chibi Lily is super cute. Maybe the cutest chibi char ever!!

Zatono
August 31, 2010, 07:57 AM
I wonder how much time has passed since they went to Edoras and came back. Lisanna's "death" anniversary was "approaching" right? Imagine if Natsu comes walking in with Lisanna, and it's the day her death happened years ago. There are so many complications that'll occur.

Krono
August 31, 2010, 08:16 AM
I wonder how much time has passed since they went to Edoras and came back. Lisanna's "death" anniversary was "approaching" right? Imagine if Natsu comes walking in with Lisanna, and it's the day her death happened years ago. There are so many complications that'll occur.

It's been just a few days. Check back to the beginning of the arc if you want to know exactly how many.

kkck
August 31, 2010, 08:27 AM
I can't even begin to imagine how awkward next chapter is going to be lol.... I mean, for some it'd seem as if lisana is a ghost or outright came back from the dead.

ca12nag3
August 31, 2010, 08:45 AM
more serious is this all the people released from the lachryma (grey,erza) were talked up with what happend. So nobody who remained a lachryma all that time would know what went on. Thus harder to believe.
So how are you gonna explain this Lisanna to Mira and Elfman?

I suspect well know more but for now its just extreme complicated.

jacke12
August 31, 2010, 08:49 AM
When i think from edo Ft we have seen only edo Lisana with FT tatoo. I am thinking if Mira and Elfman see her they will fall with legs in the air

Baka_Sousui
August 31, 2010, 09:41 AM
Ok. My thoughts is that since they don't want to stir a fuss just yet. They'll probably all head to Lucy's place first to discuss what to do. Lucy will ask why this has to be done at her place, and will be told it's the only logical choice. Lucy will accept then thinks about it then gets annoyed. Mean while one on the members, most likely Gajeel or Erza will return to the guild and report to Makarov to make further plans.

Then again they could also take a more direct approach and just head straight back to the guild and create straight forward fuss and chaos. But with Erza there I think there's a chance they'll take the cautious route a bit more.

saladesu
August 31, 2010, 10:25 AM
Interesting development indeed. I don't think they'll head back to the guild straight off, I agree that Lucy's house seems to best option for them to hear Lisanna out as to how she ended up on Earthland. Then I guess they'll go to the guild after that and tell everyone about what happened with Edoras first and the loss of Mistgun before dropping the last bombshell - that Lisanna is back. Wow, imagine the shock it'll be to hear all this one after another :/

But I do hope Lisanna's return will herald the return of Mirajane's powers too. Now that Mistgun is no more (on Earthland that is), Fairy Tail could use her S-class mage powers :)

Krono
August 31, 2010, 10:55 AM
But I do hope Lisanna's return will herald the return of Mirajane's powers too. Now that Mistgun is no more (on Earthland that is), Fairy Tail could use her S-class mage powers :)

Technically speaking, Mirajane already has her powers back to the best of our knowledge. She just doesn't seem to have any desire to take on missions, and instead prefers to stay as defacto assistant guild master.

Newkerzy
August 31, 2010, 11:07 AM
But with EdoLisanna present, she may start to feel urged to go back into action for EdoLisanna's safety (should the need arise)

Gats
August 31, 2010, 12:05 PM
Wow...Who would expected Lisanna ?
Now I really want to see the next chapter.
Besides I thought that Gazille would be disappointed by the new shape of "his cat" but no, he really wants any cat. :D

Nonlife
August 31, 2010, 01:45 PM
Someone hand me a tissue!! I laughed myself to tears when I saw Gazille hug Panther Lily (People would be staring if I did).

ghostexiled
August 31, 2010, 01:55 PM

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/199/)

199 Chinese scan link:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=882383971

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/12190416/1

Rarhyx
August 31, 2010, 01:56 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/21943154/20
best moment ever in FT so far, I laughed my ass.
Really.

weird_pirate
August 31, 2010, 02:23 PM
wow i wonder how she even got through?
or wat if when from el dies they go through ed
and thus when seein el nastu she remeberd??? thus her magic 2 and
then she got through into there

kkck
August 31, 2010, 02:43 PM
LOL, I just burst into laughter the second gazille burst into tears.... It's such a WTF moment, it makes no sense at all with his character. I am surprised at how much the guy has changed since he joined FT, he is borderline a different person. Before he was an evil jerk who'd take pleasure in hurting others but now I doubt he could be that way.

Who'd knew there never was a mission for the exceed, just a ploy for their race to survive. It was a very interesting twist, even if a tad anti climatic. And who would have thought charle was actually right about her bluff about her being the daughter of shaggot. It kinda makes sense though, if the only for her daughter to have a future was to send her to another world.

Anyways, this was a cool chapter. Can't wait to see how the lisana bit turns out. How exactly did lily overpower lisana though? Perhaps he keeps a bit of his strength even in chibi form? I think lily will have the power to transform and fight accordingly when the time is right and he will simply change between forms.
[hr]
On another note, am I the only one who thinks the whole hand movement bit will be edited out in the anime? I just can't imagine that on TV.....
[hr]
BTW, didn't lisana realize she was sucked into the anima? it is kinda strange that attitude of hers. Perhaps she was knocked unconscious during the battle and when she woke up she was already in earthland and never noticed what happened. That still does not explain why she was sucked by the anima, unless she was actually dragged by someone.

I also am under the impression gazille is mistaking lily for some sort of pet.

digit03
August 31, 2010, 04:36 PM
i didnt really like the exceed being good and all sending the eggs to safety.
i wanted them to be super villians yeah! lol its all good tho

hongoasdf
August 31, 2010, 04:46 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/21943154/20
best moment ever in FT so far, I laughed my ass.
Really.

Agreed. This whole arc wasn't really to reveal Mystogan's past

It wasn't to tell the origins of Happy and Charle.

It wasn't so that we could get a little insight on the capabilities of the Dragonslayers.

It wasn't just a random asspull parallel world from Mashima.

It was the story of a journey.

A journey of a man and his quest for cat.

Lectro Volpi
August 31, 2010, 05:14 PM
Well... I'll be damned! Fairy Tail is interesting again.

Mashima really trolled me with the "No Lisanna!?" last chapter.

Funny... I find some of the female exceed rather "cute"

KOrto
August 31, 2010, 06:30 PM
I d'ont understand this page http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/21943154/19

Lilly can regain his former body ?

Jet_Alone
August 31, 2010, 06:36 PM
Dude, gazzile and Lily mean lots of epic moments, humorous ones, and epic badass teamwork fights(If panther can regain his old form).

Anti-panda
August 31, 2010, 07:07 PM
The real question i have is ... Is Lisana the lisana from Earthland ... if so .. how the heck did she wind up in Edolas ...
I think she isn't .. since both mirajane and elfman .. refer to her as having been killed by elfman ... the only reason i give this any possibility .. is because he was in that "Monster King" form when he killed her ... and it's possible she was knocked out of this dimension ... into edolas ...

The 2nd and more likely pressing question .. If she was a natural native of edolas .. why was She .. and only she brought out ... why would she have innate magic ... and be brought in just like the exceed .. :P ?

This is gonna be epic ... "Drama" for Mirajane and Elfman though .. :P either way it slices ... even though it may not be thier sister ... it's too close to just toss away the emotion of it "being a different lisana" .. Natsu also had the WTF face.

I believe that Lily will be able to regain his normal form briefly for fights ... in a realistic viewpoint .. it shows how much more of him we'll be seeing .. cause the artist wanted to make him easier to draw .. XD lol ... but also . i have no problem believing his body was magically augmented ... hence why he was so much larger and powerful than the rest of the exceed ... or maybe his augmentation is a natural power like the queen and charles premonitions ..

Maybe happy has some super awesome dormant fish power ^_^.

ghostexiled
August 31, 2010, 07:30 PM
The only question that I really have at this time is whether or not Lisana will have the same powers as her Earth land self did.

I am also looking forward to when Mira and Elfman gaze upon her.

This is all setting up for a very emotional and stressful time for the guild and for the sibling trio.

Aikidoka
August 31, 2010, 07:47 PM
i have no problem believing his body was magically augmented ... hence why he was so much larger and powerful than the rest of the exceed ... or maybe his augmentation is a natural power like the queen and charles premonitions ..

Maybe happy has some super awesome dormant fish power ^_^.
That's actually a good point, not sure if you were the one that originally came up with it since I only read the last page. Panther Lily seemed to be unique among the Exceed with his size, and he was the only one of the 'bad guys' that didn't show any magical weapon. It makes sense that his 'weapon' was magic steroids or something.

I don't mind this change, it should be cool seeing a little cat swinging around a gigantic (to him) sword.

elitefox
August 31, 2010, 08:23 PM

It wasn't so that we could get a little insight on the capabilities of the Dragonslayers.

A whole arc devoted for gazille to have a cat, now I think of it... its kinda awesome and wtf lily >>> happy + charle combined lol.

happy now is the only one left behind without powers.

I wonder if charle can improve her powers.

Bowser
August 31, 2010, 08:30 PM
Woah woah woah...thats a plot turner there. Damn I need to reread some things, I'm slightly confused here ¬_¬...

Lee-tyme7
August 31, 2010, 09:52 PM
wow what a surprise! Lisanna? what is she doing in Earthland?! Just when Natsu and Lucy is getting fond of eachother you just had to bring back Lisanna do you, Mashima! I can see an emotional ride for the trio, "A Love Triangle in Fairy Taill". lol!

Baka_Sousui
September 01, 2010, 12:51 AM
I couldn't resist...
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2576/shakeitupfairytail.jpg

The Part with happy and his father cracked me up too. Doing the exact same as whet they were saying.

elitefox
September 01, 2010, 03:22 AM
wow what a surprise! Lisanna? what is she doing in Earthland?! Just when Natsu and Lucy is getting fond of eachother you just had to bring back Lisanna do you, Mashima! I can see an emotional ride for the trio, "A Love Triangle in Fairy Taill". lol!

lol, lucy and natsu getting fond of each other? where :D

considering lucy

Natsu X Erza
Natsu X Lucy
Natsu X Lisanna

Who will natsu choose?

Geez, does this even need to be thought up :o
This is a shounen, no lovey dubbies:darn

jacke12
September 01, 2010, 04:00 AM
One thing was it told if they have found her body maybe she was alive after Elfman's atack and later sucked by anima but somehow managed to escape from lacryma form

Zeltrax
September 01, 2010, 09:02 AM
Well..it's worth it..for me.
An entire arc for my favorite FT Female character
to return..!
I sense a Natsu and Lisanna arc coming up next,
or.. we could do the Raven Tail's
or Gildart's.
Theres quite a number of possibilities at this point, but whatever arc is coming up next, Lisanna is definitely joining the Natsu-Lucy-Gray-Erza-
-Juvia-Gazille team.

Please join.
Please, get more screentime.
PLEASE LISANNA.

Rarhyx
September 01, 2010, 10:59 AM

yea you got it, the whole arc was for gazille to get his cat =D

Lee-tyme7
September 01, 2010, 11:15 AM
lol, lucy and natsu getting fond of each other? where :D

considering lucy

Natsu X Erza
Natsu X Lucy
Natsu X Lisanna

Who will natsu choose?

Geez, does this even need to be thought up :o
This is a shounen, no lovey dubbies:darn

Well here (http://www.mangareader.net/135-45799-6/fairy-tail/chapter-168.html) is when she get fond of Natsu and Natsu also of Lucy during the Blossom tree special.

In fantasy, I would like Natsu to choose all three, lol !!!
Natsu: "I am lord Dragneel, kneel before me! Bwahahaha!"
The 3 girls hit Natsu flying. XD

Arrogance
September 01, 2010, 12:00 PM
It was a good chapter. Nice to see everyone back in earthland and to get a more in depth explanation from the exceed. I find it funny how all this time charlie was the one with the messed up head while Happy was actually normal for not remembering anything :XD. Its hysterical seeing Lily small and now Gazille can really use him as his cat now :p. As for Lisanna showing up this is really going to stir things up. I wonder of she is Edo Lisanna and she never actually died there and now she somehow showed up through the Anima with them or of she's the real earthland one and she never actually died. Either way its bound to mess with Natsu's head big time and the things to come should be quite interesting.

goldb
September 01, 2010, 12:09 PM
Gajeel gets his cat!!!
calling shotgun on the panther lily pic as my next avatar :wtf

Evil3ye
September 01, 2010, 12:35 PM
Nice chapter, though I assumed the Exceels to join Fairy Tail. At least panther Lily and Gazeel found each other <3
Oh and.. now that all Geralds are gone the manga should head into an awesome direction, no? :cookiehand

MechR
September 01, 2010, 03:03 PM
Oh and.. now that all Geralds are gone the manga should head into an awesome direction, no? :cookiehandSorry man, but a Gerard rescue arc is looking very possible.

p1xel
September 01, 2010, 03:06 PM
Very good chapter,FT is better now.New arc is beginning,i`m sure that it will be better...
Hmm,the ending is interesting...I don`t know what will happen next...maybe something with dragons?

Anti-panda
September 01, 2010, 07:28 PM
I hope after the lisana stuff is settled .. (quickly) ... they'll go after gildartz mission and the dragon involved.

honestly i don't know if lisana will become a member of team dragonslayer (lolz .. i don't know what else to call .. erza .. natsu .. wendy .. lucy .. grey .. juvia ..gazeel team) .. because Elfman is still taking missions and stuff .. and who knows .. maybe mirajane will get her will to use her magic regularly back...

It's sad that my mind is so overwhelmed with lisana possibilites that i can't really think of the next big misson ..

Honestly .. i hate the idea of a gerard rescue arc ... getting amnesia doesn't excuse the things he did ... the darkness may have crept into his heart ,... but he gave it a place to live.

goldb
September 01, 2010, 07:41 PM
In all honesty after hearing all the reasons and explanations as to why certain things were kept a secret form the Exceeds themselves by the Queen, it just diminished this arc even more. The positive aspect is for me the Royal Army captains we met, particularly Sugarboy and Panther Lily, everyone else weren't as awesome as those 2.

I wonder how it is before we see the Exceeds again and where the other eggs are...

I also wonder how long Lily will stay in his current form, I hope he stays like this for a while still.

After_Image
September 01, 2010, 09:56 PM
It was a good chapter. Things started making a little more sense to me and then Lisanna shows up. :darn Like a couple of people have already mentioned I see a love triangle happening in the near future between Natsu, Lucy, and Lisanna.

lol wasn't expecting chibi panther Lily though. :gigglebunny

elitefox
September 02, 2010, 02:22 AM
Sorry man, but a Gerard rescue arc is looking very possible.

lol... well I don't mind he died in that arc though :D

Anyways to the next, I got high hopes ;)

What direction will it be... dragons or dark guilds or a different direction from that
[hr]

Well here (http://www.mangareader.net/135-45799-6/fairy-tail/chapter-168.html) is when she get fond of Natsu and Natsu also of Lucy during the Blossom tree special.

In fantasy, I would like Natsu to choose all three, lol !!!
Natsu: "I am lord Dragneel, kneel before me! Bwahahaha!"
The 3 girls hit Natsu flying. XD

oh a single, didn't notice that lmao

so its the female side, I thought they are getting fond of each other lol. Sorry to incorporate, does this mean Nami will be Luffy's too? There is a possibility... still vague

but I like your fantasy XD
It's pure win.

Erza is the best, Natsu can sense her heart very well without anybody noticing... maybe because of his dragon slayer power so I'm clinging to this. The only man that understand Erza the most and fight all the way for her, good side or not.

On a side note, I still think Lucy and Leo will be the best... a human and stellar spirit, what will it become like?

Well then there is Lisanna thus it becomes more unpredictable... hmm but the past is the past, now is more important (for me).

goldb
September 02, 2010, 06:29 AM
I can't wait to see how Mirajane and Elfman will react to seeing Lisanna again, and I wonder who will tell her that her Earthland counterpart is dead. With that being said, I wonder where Mashima is taking her story and what importance it'll have with her being there.

Evil3ye
September 02, 2010, 09:47 AM
I hope Mirajane's gonna start working again after seeing Lisanna. This great character should absolutely not be wasted behind a bar only..

deffkryz
September 02, 2010, 03:49 PM
Reading the end of this chapter and reviewing the omake "X776" makes me having some problems with the explanation of Lisanna's death...and to think that Edo-Lisanna and Earthland-Lisanna probably switched places sometime in the past. Maybe when Edo-Gérard/Mistgun came to Earthland or when the Exceed eggs were sent to Earthland - I don't know... But seeing how skilled Lisanna was as child - she was making Mirajane JEALOUS, wasn't she? - I don't know if it really fits that Elfman killed her accidentally when he was overthrown by the Take Over magic... Sure, she may have hesitated to use her powers on her brother but... I don't know, it just seems odd to me.

There is somehow a wicked theory I got as possible explanation:

If Edo-Lisanna and Earthland-Lisanna switched places, Edo version needed lachryma to emulate Earthland magic just like Mistgun used magical tools. I'm speculating here that there are different types of lachryma like the Dragon lachryma that grants magicians to use Dragonslayer magic once implanted.

Maybe this Take Over lachryma somehow interacted with Elfman's powers as an extreme boost when he tried to use it to transform. The lachryma burnt out rendering Edo-Lisanna powerless so she's accidentally killed by her brother...

Unlucky Boy
September 03, 2010, 06:27 AM
I still think based on the different tatoos that earthland-Lisanna is dead (We've even saw her grave) and that is Edo-Lisanna which somehow has the ability to store magic. Maybe she didnt even know about it cause we saw her fighting with some kind of sword or club.

Lee-tyme7
September 03, 2010, 01:46 PM
I hope Mirajane's gonna start working again after seeing Lisanna. This great character should absolutely not be wasted behind a bar only..

maybe she'll be her bad self again, Oh yea! :p

ca12nag3
September 03, 2010, 01:52 PM
I still think based on the different tatoos that earthland-Lisanna is dead (We've even saw her grave) and that is Edo-Lisanna which somehow has the ability to store magic. Maybe she didnt even know about it cause we saw her fighting with some kind of sword or club.

correction we never ever seen her grave, all we saw was them going to a church in the town to visit her (monument/grave) or w.e the grave scene is anime only.

goldb
September 03, 2010, 03:55 PM
We've never seen her grave, that's anime only. The scene you're referring to is Mira and Elfman going to church on the day of her death...

kkck
September 04, 2010, 01:07 AM
I think this will serve as a sort of plot devise to help mira finally move on from her sister's death and finally get on with her life.

Unlucky Boy
September 04, 2010, 01:11 AM
Well you are right, the grave was only on the anime, and I found this on FT wikia- "Shinji Ishihira, the anime director for Fairy Tail, stated he purposefully left the matter of her death up in the air in the anime in the hopes that she was alive." (Then he shouldnt had added that grave...)

jolinx95
September 04, 2010, 02:01 AM
If lisana was actually sucked by the anima, the only possibility I could see is that she is the lisana everyone thought was dead. Only way she'd actually be sucked by the anima is that she has magic within her so she must necessarily be from earthland for that to even be plausible. It'd make sense no one would notice she had magic within her body considering earthland mages can't use magic with their bodies in edoras. Of course, that would mean she has amnesia or something of the sort given her reaction to natsu. This would of course mean the lisana that died before was the one from edoras so right now mashima would have to explain why exactly they were traded before. Perhaps the anima that edoras was trying to use malfunction and that lead to the circumstances of lisana's death.

so basically is that lisanna is the lisanna that natsu that is dead, but for some reason that lisanna got stuck in edoras. then like when lily and mistgun use anima to send everyone back to earthland, they also send lisanna back to earthland too. i think is probably lily found her after they back arrive to earthland. well, now i just want to read the next chapter so badly >.<

BigCamaro
September 05, 2010, 08:39 AM
so basically is that lisanna is the lisanna that natsu that is dead, but for some reason that lisanna got stuck in edoras. then like when lily and mistgun use anima to send everyone back to earthland, they also send lisanna back to earthland too. i think is probably lily found her after they back arrive to earthland. well, now i just want to read the next chapter so badly >.<

beat me to it, I was gonna say pretty much the same thing here.
Perhaps mistgun brought her to Edoras and she got lost there. Or accidentally sent there when everyone thought she was dying. But the fact that she just showed up now when and where they all returned to means shes definitely returned with the rest of those originally from Earthland. Unless somehow like the cats the Edoras version learned to possess magic within herself..but for that to be shed have to be half cat or half earthland or something to begin with.

Newkerzy
September 06, 2010, 03:32 AM
I found a theory over at MS forums and this one is a very good one.

This comment has given me an idea...
What do you think about...?
- Earthland Lisanna's body got sucked by the anima with the guild.
- Her body transformed into a giant lachryma, like everybody.
- The giant lachryma ressed her (remember that Zeref was going to be revived with a giant lachryma, and here we had a giant lachryma), but she was still part of the lachryma.
- When Mistgun reversed the anima, the lachryma was also reversed, so we had everybody back, including lisanna alive.

Could it be possible?

I like this theory very much. Only one problem: if that's true, then every FT mage who died before would've been resurrected as well. So, it's not 100% foolproof.

mars0103
September 06, 2010, 06:31 AM
I grave means nothing to be honest Its just a marker to pay respect to. In the anime and manga there never said that they buried the body. So she disappeared to the other earth by mistguns help maybe this will prob because it was the only we to save her.

Wow I was on the money with that prediction

mirasbang
September 06, 2010, 08:17 AM
199 Chinese scan link:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=882383971

ca12nag3
September 06, 2010, 08:27 AM
thx bro but now i want to know what the hell is said! lol.... this is this is...epic!

sarutobi_sensei
September 06, 2010, 08:44 AM
OMg it's the real one! So the one from Edoras, died ZOMG

And when Mira and Elfman tought that she was dead, she was sucked into the anima, wondered into fairy tail, people thought that she was alive, accepted her.

she didn't recognize Natsu and Happy because of the masks, then when she found out she wanted to talk to them but they were no longer there.

Then, when FT was saying good bye, she also went because she had magic inside of her, which makes sense if she's the real one, then Elfman and Mira knew that she wasn't their real sister, their true sister, and said byebye and then well, the last pages are awesome!

So Lucy is in for a rival in love :D
[hr]
I mean, another rival in love :D

Unlucky Boy
September 06, 2010, 08:44 AM
I find it weird that she was sucked into anima just like that...why just her? and she was standing on her feet right after she got to Edoras, she was almost dead before that.

Anime Charle and Wendy look nice.

jacke12
September 06, 2010, 08:48 AM
Its really intrensting why didnt she turned into lachryma

sarutobi_sensei
September 06, 2010, 08:50 AM
Well she had magic inside of her, so it would only be natural for her to be sucked into the anima.

Maybe being sucked trough the anima cured her, we don't really know the properties of anima so...

And yes they do xD

For a moment there I tought that they were going to make Charle look Blue like Happy xD
[hr]
Why would she be turned into Lachrima? The others were turned into Lachryma because the anima was already designed for that. To turn them into Lachryma upon their arrival or during the transportation.

Krono
September 06, 2010, 08:57 AM
I find it weird that she was sucked into anima just like that...why just her? and she was standing on her feet right after she got to Edoras, she was almost dead before that.

Why just her indeed. Mirajane was kneeling right over her.

Why would she be turned into Lachrima? The others were turned into Lachryma because the anima was already designed for that. To turn them into Lachryma upon their arrival or during the transportation.

Because theoretically all of the Anima that were opened should have been doing that. They were being opened by Edoras to get magic, but Edoras needs it to be in Lachryma form. The "turn into crystal" part does seem to be a different stage than the dimensional portal aspects, but it still should have been active then.

Smit
September 06, 2010, 09:12 AM
Who really cares at this point. I hope it get explained but right now the uber cool Nekomander gets his foster mom back and Natsu gets his GF back. Mira and ElfMAN get their sister back. I couldn't be happier for them.

ca12nag3
September 06, 2010, 09:13 AM
we havnt seen that many mages die....so perhaps her lifeforce(magic) materialized her on the other side. Without someone making the lachryma she simply took her original form?

Baka_Sousui
September 06, 2010, 09:14 AM
This is probably an example Mashima on the spot storyline. Plot holes all over the place. This kind of dampen things a bit. The whole reason for Mirajane and Elfman de-powering pretty much becomes void now.

eclipse12
September 06, 2010, 09:28 AM
Yes I so called it awesome. Most likely her body died and her magic and soul got sucked up aand took the form of what see origanilly looked like.

Krono
September 06, 2010, 09:30 AM
This is probably an example Mashima on the spot storyline. Plot holes all over the place.

Personally I blame a combination of that, and the anime increasing her popularity a bit (the staff at least seem to like her). Mashima tends writes death ambiguously to keep from putting himself in a corner if he wants to use a character again. Add that to an increased desire for said character, and this is the result.

scareChinaman
September 06, 2010, 09:32 AM

I'm assuming that Mirajane thought she died because she got sucked into the anima/sky while slowly dying. She had no real reason to know she would be sent to edoras.

She was holding her arm and walking so I'm assuming when she got there, there must have been some passage of time.

kkck
September 06, 2010, 09:37 AM
I got the impression the lisana's from both worlds were actually changed, which the edoras one did die and the earthland one lived. Wonder if the anima itself had to do with the mission were everything went wrong though.

ghostexiled
September 06, 2010, 09:38 AM
Looks like some of you were right... she is the earthland Lisana is some way shape or form.

I have no problem with her coming back... as long as it serves a greater purpose.

At least the Edo versions of her brother and sister got to say goodbye to her. :)

I am also glad that they did not stretch out the reuniting of the siblings trio.

Baka_Sousui
September 06, 2010, 09:42 AM
Personally I blame a combination of that, and the anime increasing her popularity a bit (the staff at least seem to like her). Mashima tends writes death ambiguously to keep from putting himself in a corner if he wants to use a character again. Add that to an increased desire for said character, and this is the result.
I was referring to the whole anima/lacryma thing. Also, in the question and answers, Mashima was asked, why at one stage, the guild was near the ocean but then in another it wasn't. He avoided answering it properly i think. So he is aware that he makes plot holes sometimes.

Krono
September 06, 2010, 09:42 AM
I got the impression the lisana's from both worlds were actually changed, which the edoras one did die and the earthland one lived. Wonder if the anima itself had to do with the mission were everything went wrong though.

I get the impression that the Edoras Lisanna was one of those dead in the kingdom's attempts to wipe out the guild. It'd explain the reactions she got.

kkck
September 06, 2010, 09:43 AM
I actually got the impression edo mira and elfman knew the lisana they were with was not their sister or at least they figured it out at some point.

Steco
September 06, 2010, 09:45 AM
Probably Mira wasn't sucked because she had already lost her magic, due to the death of her sister, at least she thought so.
About turning into lacryma, it may happen only after people are sent to Edoras, just because they go trought the Anima doesn't mean they turn into Lacryma.( ex: Lucy, Natsu, Wendy....)

Krono
September 06, 2010, 09:49 AM
I actually got the impression edo mira and elfman knew the lisana they were with was not their sister or at least they figured it out at some point.

I get that impression too. It's part of why I say the Edo-Lisanna being dead would explain the reactions EL-Lisanna got from Edo-FT. Edo-FT probably didn't get a chance to bury her properly given they were on the run, so they figured she'd survived somehow when she turned up. Edo-Mirajane and Edo-Elfman figured out the truth at some point, but accepted her as their sister anyways given the circumstances.

ca12nag3
September 06, 2010, 09:56 AM
What about the Lisanna > Natsu reaction as jumping him. She gonna be with him as g/f? and what will that mean for Lucy's position?

Baka_Sousui
September 06, 2010, 10:06 AM
Probably Mira wasn't sucked because she had already lost her magic, due to the death of her sister, at least she thought so.
About turning into lacryma, it may happen only after people are sent to Edoras, just because they go trought the Anima doesn't mean they turn into Lacryma.( ex: Lucy, Natsu, Wendy....)

Mira didn't lose her magic. It was suppressed subconsciously cause she no longer had the will to use it. Actually she feared using it, as it brought back memories of undesirable results. Her magic still remained with her. The proof is in the constant small transformations she does.
[hr]

What about the Lisanna > Natsu reaction as jumping him. She gonna be with him as g/f? and what will that mean for Lucy's position?

Lisanna won't be Natsu's girlfriend as he'll see her as a friend. She'll be a rival love interest. Lucy and Lisanna will fight for attention. One of those silent battles maybe? It's still way too early for Natsu to be in an actual romance. Those are usually saved till almost near the end of the manga.

v1nx
September 06, 2010, 10:11 AM
what will that mean for Lucy's position?

Lucy can has Leo for her.

Don't spoil Lisanna x Natsu for me T_T

senewe
September 06, 2010, 10:24 AM
OMG she is cute...
and anyone have a clue who is the kid beside Kana?

Unlucky Boy
September 06, 2010, 10:44 AM
chapter summary taken from FT wiki:

Lisanna, who is still tied to Pantherlily, asked if it's an Exceed, which Gajeel replied that this is his cat and if she's got a problem with that. Natsu, Gray, Erza, and Happy still couldn't believe their eyes that Lisanna was in front of them. Charle wondered if she's actually an Earth Lander. As Lucy and Wendy Wonders what's going on, Lisanna saw Natsu. With a scream of his name, Lisanna immediately ran up, hug, and ram him down onto the ground. Gray then asked if she's really their Lisanna, to which she replied yes. Erza still couldn't believe it as she stopped Natsu and Happy from running up to her, and said that she's suppose to be dead two years ago. Lisanna then began to explain. Two years ago, she lost conscious on a mission, which was when Anima took her into Edolas. When she found the Edolas Fairy Tail Guild, everyone was surprised that she was still alive. Lisanna couldn't tell the truth as she's afraid that she'll hurt their feeling, and continued to pose as their Lisanna for 2 years, until she saw Natsu and Happy. Natsu asked why she didn't tell the truth when they first met in Edolas, which Lisanna replied that she just couldn't say it... she initially resolved to keep staying in Edolas so she doesn't hurt Mirajane and Elfman of Edolas. When Anima's reversed and she's been pulled in, however, Mirajane an Elfman said that they already know the truth that she's not their Lisanna, and told her to go back and make her true siblings happy. At Caldia Church, Mirajane and Elfman was still paying there respect when Lisanna showed up. The two siblings couldn't be more surprised and cried. As they hugged each other, along with everyone that participated in Edolas battle watching, Mirajane replied "Welcome Back".

naruto91
September 06, 2010, 10:48 AM
i thought she was levi O_O

jacke12
September 06, 2010, 11:09 AM
Lucy can has Leo for her.

Don't spoil Lisanna x Natsu for me T_T
I am totally with you Lucy can find someone for her later
(Natsu x Lisanna forever)

kkck
September 06, 2010, 11:49 AM
I guess this will cause some tension regarding lucy's position. There is no actual way in hell she is gonna lose her position as a main character though. Anyways, I didn't get the impression natsu and lisana actually went regularly on missions together so perhaps lucy won't be affected in any way.

wooticus
September 06, 2010, 12:20 PM
wow this is awesome.

but honestly from this point on we can assume that nobody of the good guys in this manga will ever die. even the only one that was dead isn't really dead, but well i love it, fairy tail will take over the world with more and more mages gathering.

can't wait for the reaction of old makarov :D

Raijatsu
September 06, 2010, 12:22 PM
I know this is an amazingly and kinda unlogical retcon BUT I still love that Lisanna is back :D the way it's explained was ok and the last pages where priceless *cry*

ndulzky
September 06, 2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I agree with Raijatsu, I think the explanation is decent enough... I don't usually pay attention to too much detail.. hahaha... :)
Let's give Mashima a chance... just a couple weeks ago we were complaining about Lissana not appearing on the cover where all Edo-FT were saying goodbye, but now we know it's because he was bringing her back... :)

kkck
September 06, 2010, 12:36 PM
I wonder how weak lisana is though. She shouldn't have been able to use her magic for quite some time now meaning she should still be at the level of just a kid( even if capable of using full body transformations).

ndulzky
September 06, 2010, 12:46 PM
I wonder how weak lisana is though. She shouldn't have been able to use her magic for quite some time now meaning she should still be at the level of just a kid( even if capable of using full body transformations).

Hmm... maybe not really too weak? I thought she was gone for about 2 years... If this is so, then she should've already been a teenager back then... Maybe she'll be a bit weaker for not practicing her magic, but after some training, she should get up to speed... right?

ca12nag3
September 06, 2010, 12:46 PM
I guess this will cause some tension regarding lucy's position. There is no actual way in hell she is gonna lose her position as a main character though. Anyways, I didn't get the impression natsu and lisana actually went regularly on missions together so perhaps lucy won't be affected in any way.

thats actualy cause of the tention between Erza and Mirajane > (or at least thats how its explained in the anime in detail ) However its canon that the younger Erza and Mira were rivals and that Natsu was sort of in the Erza camp. But since Mira is softer now its possible she wouldnt object to Lisanna to have missions with Natsu. I think Natsu would want to go on missions with her.

Raijatsu
September 06, 2010, 01:04 PM
well the team was Lisanna,Mirajane and Elfman, so it is more likely she'll go on missions with his brother. So far NatsuXLucy was only foreshadowed, both did not realize any emotions yet (if there r any) NatsuXLisanna had already happened and might become a hot topic soon, for the next arc Lisanna will be with the main cast to have a Lluvia like scene where she and Lucy will become friends and rivals.

Bomber D Rufi
September 06, 2010, 01:05 PM
Huh. I'm more surprised by the fact that the anime seems to be continuing for more than a year now....

New OP is done by magic party, it's called 'The magic of a smile'.
New ED is done by Daisy x Daisy, it's called 'Holy shine.'

Both singles come out in November.

Jet_Alone
September 06, 2010, 01:18 PM
Gazzile face in page 9 i'ts like WTF!!!, seriously, he id slowly becoming one hell of a character.

hongoasdf
September 06, 2010, 01:21 PM
I can't help but wonder why the hell did she get absorbed in the first place. One could say even at that point two years back, Anima was still in an experimental stage, so those kinds of errors happened relatively frequently... but for there to be so big a coincidence is too much, even for Mashima.

All's well that ends well, I suppose. But I still got my hopes on that she is actually Urtear in disguise. Now that would be a plot twist.

Anyways, as Bomber D Rufi noticed, the anime apparently will be going for another season or something. If you look below the actual chapter, there's an anime design for Wendy and Charle.

ca12nag3
September 06, 2010, 01:31 PM
well the urtear thing you mention is what i fear most non believer will believe untill the artist actualy goes public and tells everyone in person (this is realy Lisanna). You see that trail of thought wont help anyone.

I think its best to accept she is Lisanna and if Mashima changes mind and makes her Urtear in disquise so be it tho there is no indication that she is even involved with Edolas.

ghostexiled
September 06, 2010, 01:55 PM
I seriously doubt that she is anything but Lisana... just because of the whole tearful story of her leaving and then arriving in Edo... then leaving Edo and arriving back in Earth land.

Too much emotional stuff shown and experienced for her to suddenly be someone else or evil for that matter.

If she was said evil person... there would be no story telling us all the emotions that went into her "dying" and then returning.

Plus, with everyone being invested in her reappearance... I even doubt it more.

If this was a more serious story like Rave... then maybe. But with the Mangka going on record stating how this is suppose to be a more light hearted series, I doubt such a twist will occur.

YanDaMan
September 06, 2010, 02:13 PM
Aww this was such a touching chapter.

Elfman's face was priceless when he saw Lisana, haha.

bandana_kun
September 06, 2010, 05:53 PM
just finished reading all ft chapters.. what a timing for lisanna to come back !! and what unbelievable turn of events!!! soooo super duper happy shes not dead :crying cant yet believe it as i had already accepted her death but hey now its natsuxlisanna for sure & eternity :pleased

saladesu
September 06, 2010, 08:17 PM
At times like these I'm thankful I was made to learn Chinese, lol. Touching chapter. I liked that edo!Mira and edo!Elfman acknowledged that they knew from the start that Lisanna was actually earth!Lisanna. Elfman's face was really epic when Lisanna came running to them at the church. But idk, shouldn't they have been more like "What are you doing here?!" kinda thing instead of opening the floodgates so soon? :/ I mean if I was at my sister's grave and suddenly I hear my name and turn to see her running to me I'd totally be "WTF is that a ghost?" ~___~ just me, maybe.

I'm another one in the camp of "why did she even get sucked into the anima?" but oh wells, it's obvious Mashima-sensei didn't plan out everything from the beginning.

ghostexiled
September 06, 2010, 08:20 PM
^I think first would come the tearful happiness to see your dead sister and then the WTF are you doing here. :p

sakundes
September 06, 2010, 08:52 PM
I still wish that fairy tail could be a bit darker.. it's too soft for me but a helluva read nonetheless ^_^

rajin
September 06, 2010, 09:13 PM
SOURCE : http://allmanga-spoilers.blogspot.com/2010/09/fairy-tail-199-spoiler.html

WATCH ALL PICTURES HERE
http://www.manga-read.co.cc/Fairy_Tail/199_RAW/ (http://www.manga-read.co.cc/Fairy_Tail/199_RAW/)

by Fake Draft
My chinese isn't the best but I can try. :

[First panel]
Lisanna: What is this cat? A trespasser? (I think it's trespasser but I'm not sure. xD)
PatherLily: I am Panther Lily.
Gazille: Do you have a problem with my cat? Huh?!
Natsu: Lisanna...
Gray: How is that possible...
Erza: Lisanna?!

[Second Panel]
Happy: Why....
Charle: Don't tell me this is Edoras's Lisanna
Lucy: She came here?!
Wendy: Wh....What should we do?
Lisanna: NATSU!!!!!

[Third Panel]
Lisanna: Finally seeing you again...
Natsu: .....
Lisanna: It's really you, Natsu

[Fourth Panel]
Lisanna: Happy!! It's me! Lisanna!!
Lisanna: Erza and Gray too, long time no see! Ahh... I've missed you all
Lisanna: Are they new members of the guild? Don't tell me it's Lucy... and small Wendy?
Gray: wait, slow down...you... can't be...Earthland's Lisanna?!
Lisanna: .....Yes

[Fifth Panel]
Everyone: What.... No way!!
Natsu: She revived!!
Erza: Wait a minute... You should've died two years ago...
Lisanna: I... didn't die.
Lisanna: Two years ago, in the middle of the job with Mira-nee and Elf-nii-chan I lost my senses/consciousness.

no_regretsYSL
September 06, 2010, 09:42 PM
This is probably an example Mashima on the spot storyline. Plot holes all over the place. This kind of dampen things a bit. The whole reason for Mirajane and Elfman de-powering pretty much becomes void now.

Well not necessarily because now, instead of them being afraid to use their full power because they might kill a loved one, they will now be afraid to use their full power because they might seriously injure a loved one.

Zatono
September 06, 2010, 09:59 PM
Well...now that this whole Lisanna thing is partially out of the way...I wonder what's going to happen next? I mean, I wanna see Gildartz already. He was there for like 2 chapters then vanished completely. Perhaps Lisanna will have some knowledge on the Black Dragon (maybe Edoras has some folktales on it?) and we can get on that 100 year quest.

Other then that, whatever happens next better have some Gildartz action in it IMO. This chapter is awesome and all, but everything about it is non-linear, and can't really lead to much.

weird_pirate
September 06, 2010, 09:59 PM
wow so thenshe got there, and then was forced back and now we see the grave?? whoa

LoS
September 06, 2010, 10:27 PM
So basically that entire previous arc, by the way entirely cliche alternative dimension BS, was all so that we could see Gazille gain a cat like the only 2 other Dragon Slayers we currently know, and for the only killed off character of the Guild to return? And the explanation for that is lousy at best.

What answers did we get to any of the mysteries, did anyone develop any new powers? Was the entire purpose of the arc to try and be goofy/humorous initially, and then try and pull on our heart strings with some somewhat emotional partings/drama?

No wonder I didn't enjoy that arc. I kept telling myself, it will get better, it will get better. Need to stop deluding myself with this mangaka I guess.

I wanna see Gildartz already. He was there for like 2 chapters then vanished completely.

Gildartz didn't disappear, the story took a back seat so we could go on an alternate dimension arc which hasn't really worked.

Perhaps Lisanna will have some knowledge on the Black Dragon (maybe Edoras has some folktales on it?) and we can get on that 100 year quest.

I would not put it past the mangaka to try and forcefully tie in this. He answered nothing by doing the Edolas arc. So we are due tons upon tons of answers.

This chapter is awesome and all, but everything about it is non-linear, and can't really lead to much.

I hate to say it, but I believe with this manga we are not supposed to think logically or developed thoughts. It is definitely geared to an extremely young audience, I know it is Shounen, but the story is definitely meant for the very youngest followers of the Shounen magazine.

hongoasdf
September 06, 2010, 10:30 PM
So basically that entire previous arc, by the way entirely cliche alternative dimension BS, was all so that we could see Gazille gain a cat like the only 2 other Dragon Slayers we currently know, and for the only killed off character of the Guild to return? And the explanation for that is lousy at best.

What answers did we get to any of the mysteries, did anyone develop any new powers? Was the entire purpose of the arc to try and be goofy/humorous initially, and then try and pull on our heart strings with some somewhat emotional partings/drama?

No wonder I didn't enjoy that arc. I kept telling myself, it will get better, it will get better. Need to stop deluding myself with this mangaka I guess.

Well, the arc was to explain Mystogan (and to a lesser extent, the origins of Happy and Charle). He was one of the most pressing matters, and the one the fans were the most curious about. Now at least we have an explanation on why the hell there were so many Gerards. Why did it turn out to be specifically Gerard the one that was so important, that was Mashima's whim. He likes the character, be it by design, capability for abuse, or whatever.

But for me, it was your first point. Gazille getting a cat. This last couple o' chapters made the whole arc worthwhile, and they have barely been together.

Lisanna is meh. I hope Mashima has something damn good planned. Otherwise he better get her out of the main plot right now.

saladesu
September 06, 2010, 11:04 PM

I actually liked the premise of the arc. Not the cliche alternative dimension thing (that was rather lame), but I particularly liked the whole idea of Happy and Charle having been sent to Earthland to kill Natsu and Wendy. But then, the previous chapter made that all for naught.

Other than that, this arc was just to shed light on Mistgun as a character and his backstory. Just like how almost every other arc in FT has done for a different character :/

Which is why I read FT more for the lol (like Gazille getting his cat) than for the plot/story/character development.

He likes the character, be it by design, capability for abuse, or whatever.

He does indeed. The design, if nothing else, anyway. Gerard/Mistgun is totally a recycled character design from Rave Master (Sieg Hart). If you include Siegrain, that's 3 times Sieg Hart has been recycled for use in Fairy Tail :amuse Conclusion: the original character design of Sieg Hart is Mashima-sensei's pride and joy XD

MAX_COLA_POWER!
September 06, 2010, 11:45 PM
Umm, not to put a damper on NatsuxLucy fans, but didn't we confirmed already where that pairing was headed with that omake of when Mira thought that they make a good couple, and then Lucy though about it, and it all ended a big flop? Also, I think when Cana and Levy said to Lucy that her friendship with Natsu reminded them of Lisanna, I think it was like foreshadowing of either Edo-Lucy's behavior, or Lisanna somehow coming back. So as much as Lucy vs Lisanna for the Salamander prize would be super interesting to see, I just don't see it happening, sorry^^;;. Also, baby-Levy, super-genius she was.

Gats
September 07, 2010, 05:47 AM
That could be interesting for the future but...Anima sucked her only ? Seriously ? Experimental weapon ? Or Mystgun just stopped it in time with his power ?

kkck
September 07, 2010, 08:41 AM
I don't actually dislike the arc, seeing an entire new universe and its magic was cool, but I did have one disappointment regarding lisana. I always thought the reason she died had to do more with the grand scheme of things, that is to say she is related to the while 777 thing and the dragons. Her "death" was deeply related to something major going on in the background but ultimately it was not the grand scheme of things.

senewe
September 07, 2010, 08:51 AM
I don't actually dislike the arc, seeing an entire new universe and its magic was cool, but I did have one disappointment regarding lisana. I always thought the reason she died had to do more with the grand scheme of things, that is to say she is related to the while 777 thing and the dragons. Her "death" was deeply related to something major going on in the background but ultimately it was not the grand scheme of things.

you never know what will happen. I gotta feeling we will know something related to Dragon or 777, from this Lissana story.

anyway judge from what Mashima has been doing for his manga, I don't think we will have 'big arc' after this. Mashima always put the things that seem to be the root of this story between every last and new arc.
- Igneel Appearance beetween Gerrard arc and Luxus arc
- stuff about Zeref and Urtear just beetween Luxus arc and Oracion Seiz arc
- Gildartz and the new Council's force just after Oracion Seiz
so my guess this Lissana story is just a appatizer for new arc, but then it will related one another with big thing in the future like that 777..

ca12nag3
September 07, 2010, 10:14 AM
I dont think Lisanna has 1 bit to do with the 777 dragon stuff. If anything her death was cause of a bad mistake made by her siblings regarding the danger of their mission. And her survival/resurection was most likely a sideeffect of the anima. We might never know why since there is no more link to the other world to go thrue.

As far as the 777 dragon stufff.

Natsu,Wendy,Gajeel are linked due to their dragonparents.
Lucy and possibly her dad are linked due to the death of her mother with her marker magnified to and it says her death was in the year 777.
Makarov talk about something he knew like the 3 slayers would show up in his guild... wonder why.
Zeref and Ultear as main culprits of most bad stuff well i asume it has to do with them somewhere.

And ofc you got countless of minor stuff like Gildarts meeting a black dragon.

But i fail to see Lisanna and or her siblings involved with the dragon/777

ju gatsu mikka
September 07, 2010, 10:29 AM
Anyone ever seen that Mashima create some mysteries during the chapters between two arcs but never explain it before one or two arcs after ?

This arc was about Mystgun, Happy and Charles origins, about why Gerald and Mystgun have the same face, about which one (Gerald or Mystgun) took Wendy to Cait Shelter

Mainly about Gerald and Mystgun.

This mystery starts in the Fighting Festival arc and develops a little during the Oracion seis arc. But the main question, "who is Mystgun ?", had been ask one arc before Edoras arc.

There is other thing which can been done before black dragon : Raven Tail (Ivan's guild), Grimoire Heart or Tartaros (others major dark guilds)

HappyStealer
September 07, 2010, 12:05 PM
Oddly, I'm glad that Mashima brought Lisanna back. She was one of those characters that grew on me as the manga continued. I'm excited to see if Mira will return to her former power (without her snapping like the freed fight) and start going on missions again. I would say we are gonna have a short mission arc then after that: either a dark guild arc or the black dragon arc.

And LOL when Lisanna is hugging Natsu and brings Chibi PantherLily with her. Kinda funny that Natsu and Happy are the only ones celebrating after Lisanna reveals she is the Earthland Lisanna while everybody else is in shock.

weird_pirate
September 07, 2010, 02:24 PM
I'd say a new dragon slayer will appear, maybe with a cat, I don't know! What if Lisanna will have a more different personality from what thought of before. The dragon arc will be the way the whole thing ending. Or that the slayers become the dragons! Not

kkck
September 07, 2010, 03:11 PM
I'd be interesting how gazille would react to a DS appearing without a cat.... I could see his reaction being along the lines of "LOL, now its you that does not have a cat"....

Unlucky Boy
September 07, 2010, 03:56 PM
I want to believe Lisanna's return has some big purpose behind it (and not just making Mira active S-class again or lol moments with Natsu and Lucy).

Maybe she's not telling them the truth about how she got to Edolas? her story sounds kinda fishy... and there was no explanation for the change of her tatoo. The Edo-FT dont even have those tatoos (probably so they wont be discovered by the army so easily) so she didnt do it to resemble Edo-Lisanna.

HappyStealer
September 07, 2010, 04:22 PM
I'd be interesting how gazille would react to a DS appearing without a cat.... I could see his reaction being along the lines of "LOL, now its you that does not have a cat"....

Gazille is just awesome. He's definitely become more of a badass/comical character since he's joined FT. :)

Bowser
September 07, 2010, 04:39 PM
So she just reappears, and Mirajane AND Elfman doesn't even question how she just "came back to live"?

Well at least Gazille got his cat :D

weird_pirate
September 07, 2010, 04:49 PM
well its out
the next chapter title is makin no sense to me
mayb somethin tat means to rival to somthing or someone
i dont know
mayb new confict
[hr]
o yea
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/12190416/1

sarutobi_sensei
September 07, 2010, 04:58 PM
Ok, so, she is back.

So.... what explanations could there exist for Mira not having been suck into the Anima? Possible explanation: The higher the Magical Power, the bigger must be the Anima, since Lisanna was dying/unconscious, and her Magical Power was diminishing, she was sucked into the Anima and Mira wasn't.

Now, we've seen 3 different versions of what happened to Lisanna. From Mira's POV, Eflman's POV and now even Lisanna's POV.

Mashima really needs to explain this.