PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Most clever and original Devil Fruits

roxas_strife2
August 18, 2010, 11:37 AM
I want to see which ones really wows you guys. :)

El-Thor
August 18, 2010, 01:14 PM
you mean we create our own or talk about the ones Oda created??

happy GIN smily
August 18, 2010, 03:24 PM
i would like to see a metal-logia. maybe gold-fruit, or silver-fruit.

then the stupid gold-fruit-logia can beat up the silver-fruit-logia and give the same dumb explanation as Akainu(oda) did when he killed Ace.

coolest known fruit was the girafe guy in Enies Lobby. pure comedy

Ipoopshootingstars
August 18, 2010, 03:37 PM
Bege Capone's fruit was super orginal and unquie. Robin's fruit is pretty cool too

roxas_strife2
August 18, 2010, 03:42 PM
you mean we create our own or talk about the ones Oda created??

Yes.

i would like to see a metal-logia. maybe gold-fruit, or silver-fruit.

then the stupid gold-fruit-logia can beat up the silver-fruit-logia and give the same dumb explanation as Akainu(oda) did when he killed Ace.

coolest known fruit was the girafe guy in Enies Lobby. pure comedy

I wasn't saying invent one. Akainu's explanation made sense, actually. I don't think it was just because he's hotter, but because he has actual substance to him and was hotter.

The most original and clever one so far to me is Kuma's Paw Paw fruit powers. :)

El-Thor
August 18, 2010, 05:01 PM
i would like to see a metal-logia

Colossus !!

As far as the ones created by Oda-sensei, I thought that Rust Fruit one of the Marines used on Zoro's sword was damn awesome. IF that guy can expand the effects of his fruit up to a given radius around him, he can be invincible to gunfire/swords and anything else that's metal. Heck, maybe just when the bullets his his body they turn to rust and get blow away by the breeze !!

I actually think Luffys fruit is damn awesome just because of the comedic things Oda has him do all the time.

chihoho
August 19, 2010, 04:14 AM
i think ivankov has a unique fruit hormone hormone devil fruit. A fruit that can modify the body .

p1xel
August 19, 2010, 12:06 PM
Er,Luffy`s fruit isn`t typical.One Piece has weird powers...and I<3 it!
Now the blackbeard is the coolest fruit user,he is strong as never.Darkness+Earthquake...wow.

weird_pirate
August 19, 2010, 12:39 PM
thus far the shadow one is truely wowd me
moria tats awesome
clever was the phoniex, does this mean theres gunna b most of those types the rare myths beast

Uriel
August 19, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hmmm...The one that I think it was the most interesting IS Apoo Fruit. Because it has several different effects so far we do not know. It's versatile to say the least.

Wisshard
August 19, 2010, 04:52 PM
^It's not confirmed that Apoo's music powers are related to a Devil Fruit (unless I'm terrible wrong), Brooke's music does have mysterious abilities not related to a Devil Fruit after all...

Ero-Sanji
August 20, 2010, 11:26 AM
Whats great about Oda is his use of casual things and common sence but in a twisted and funny way. Other manga-kas are trying too hard to be unique they make uninterested abilities that often just gets you mad. Like an eye that can shoot fire and make an impenetrable deity.

Blueno and Califa both have unique powers I've never seen before. I mean a gateway to an other dimension is far from unique but to make the same effect from something as casual as a door is just, great! And soap... Never thought it could be so dangerous. Then their are other casual and unique fruits like the weight and candle fruit.

Robin has the most clever fruit effect given its name, imo. Instead of it being real vines, flowers etc. it's her own body parts that grows. I also have to give it up for Cage Cage fruit. Oda surely went outside the box when he invented the Gear 2 and 3.

So, to be honest all of the paramecia are unique thanks to being so casual. It's like you can't see the forest for the trees. Fire, Ice and sand are all casual things as well but they are not ordinary things in the actual hands of man. Seeing those things in real life also many times makes us stunned and fascinated. Meanwhile the paramecia are common and boring stuff at home that becomes special.

BlindMunkey
August 23, 2010, 12:59 AM
Whats great about Oda is his use of casual things and common sence but in a twisted and funny way. Other manga-kas are trying too hard to be unique they make uninterested abilities that often just gets you mad. Like an eye that can shoot fire and make an impenetrable deity.

Blueno and Califa both have unique powers I've never seen before. I mean a gateway to an other dimension is far from unique but to make the same effect from something as casual as a door is just, great! And soap... Never thought it could be so dangerous. Then their are other casual and unique fruits like the weight and candle fruit.

Robin has the most clever fruit effect given its name, imo. Instead of it being real vines, flowers etc. it's her own body parts that grows. I also have to give it up for Cage Cage fruit. Oda surely went outside the box when he invented the Gear 2 and 3.

So, to be honest all of the paramecia are unique thanks to being so casual. It's like you can't see the forest for the trees. Fire, Ice and sand are all casual things as well but they are not ordinary things in the actual hands of man. Seeing those things in real life also many times makes us stunned and fascinated. Meanwhile the paramecia are common and boring stuff at home that becomes special.

just like crocodile said. what matter is how you train yourself with the devil fruit you have and at that ODA has done brainstorming to make cool moves by keeping things simple and brilliant. the abilities that these DF gives you and out of that the kind of moves you can use and make are pure ingeniousness.

as for cool ass moves/uses of some DF i really liked how Akoiji uses his cycle on frozen road on sea as well as Ace one making boat run on fire power and oh not to forget about smoker Smoke bike. haha just remembered Buggy car mode and Alvida's sliding. simple yet profound

Smit
August 23, 2010, 04:39 AM
I really liked the BomuBomu no Mi. Too bad it was wasted on a minor char that did not understand the capacity of the fruit. Imagine him training his fruit so that his explosions are nuke like. And then Nose Fancy Cannon.
And the other one i really like is Hawkins fruit. Cant wait to see it in action.

roxas_strife2
August 23, 2010, 09:47 AM
I'm a firm believer that most Devil Fruits can do a lot, it just depends on the imagination of the user. Luffy always looked for inspiration in his opponents.

I liked the Bomb Bomb fruit too. I didn't like the way they made it exclusive to him being able to make his body, excretions, etc. explosive. I felt like it would have had a lot more potential were the power used through other matter. The ability to make things unstable is pretty damn potent.

undertoe
August 23, 2010, 11:47 AM
I'm a firm believer that most Devil Fruits can do a lot, it just depends on the imagination of the user. Luffy always looked for inspiration in his opponents.

I liked the Bomb Bomb fruit too. I didn't like the way they made it exclusive to him being able to make his body, excretions, etc. explosive. I felt like it would have had a lot more potential were the power used through other matter. The ability to make things unstable is pretty damn potent.

Yes, because making him exactly like Gambit would be so much more original.

I think Capone's power is pretty dang original myself.

Jiggy-Ninja
August 23, 2010, 12:03 PM
Tsuru's Wash Wash Fruit takes the cake for me. When I saw that panel during the battle I was like "O.O WTF?!?!"

Can't wait to see that animated. Would be so epic if she had a tub and washboard with her as her weapons.

undertoe
August 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
I thought about Tsuru's, but I realized it's only original because it's so contrived.

Superman
August 23, 2010, 03:00 PM
Colossus !!

As far as the ones created by Oda-sensei, I thought that Rust Fruit one of the Marines used on Zoro's sword was damn awesome. IF that guy can expand the effects of his fruit up to a given radius around him, he can be invincible to gunfire/swords and anything else that's metal. Heck, maybe just when the bullets his his body they turn to rust and get blow away by the breeze !!

Thank you finally someone notices it.
And here i go again with Robin.
Do you remember that she can let things fly?
She did! The first time she was on the ship of the SH`s! Do you remember she let Luffys hat fly and the log pose or how that thing was called.

Anyway the stink stink abillity is still incredible. Well Oda didn`t show it yet but a stink logia would be damn hard to beat if you put the gas mask aside:D.

Cizuz
August 27, 2010, 06:00 PM
Thank you finally someone notices it.
And here i go again with Robin.
Do you remember that she can let things fly?
She did! The first time she was on the ship of the SH`s! Do you remember she let Luffys hat fly and the log pose or how that thing was called.

Anyway the stink stink abillity is still incredible. Well Oda didn`t show it yet but a stink logia would be damn hard to beat if you put the gas mask aside:D.

She can not let things fly, in manga/anime they showed for dramatic purposes nothing to reveal her DF at a later date.

Thats like saying she can set off nukes via her df because it shows her doing it in anime.

roxas_strife2
August 28, 2010, 11:23 PM
Yes, because making him exactly like Gambit would be so much more original.

I think Capone's power is pretty dang original myself.

Gambit's powers are of a different nature entirely, the only semblance is that the end result is explosive, and even then, when he does it it doesn't have a combustive quality to it, like Mr.5's. It's an eruption of force. Mr.5's are more like actual bombs. I just want to see that expanded, not necessarily through just objects.

El-Thor
August 30, 2010, 05:44 PM
Gambit's powers are of a different nature entirely, the only semblance is that the end result is explosive, and even then, when he does it it doesn't have a combustive quality to it, like Mr.5's. It's an eruption of force. Mr.5's are more like actual bombs. I just want to see that expanded, not necessarily through just objects.

Imagine him hacking up a loogy on his fist and punching someone with devastating after effects :darn HAHAHAH

I gotta say though, some of the supernovas have really clever DFs. Especially Capone, Hawkins and Law.

OH I just remembered Ms. Goldenweek has a pretty cool and unique ability, but apparently it wasn't df realted?

Bugzee
August 31, 2010, 10:42 AM
I don't like Tsuru's df and I don't find that particularly original lol. When it was first shown in the Marineford Arc, I was like wtf. It's a silly df ability IMHO. "Just wash and dry the enemies off" lol.

It's hard to admit but I really didn't think we would see a Shadow Shadow fruit. So I guess I give credit to Oda on that one. :darn

Magma is another one since most mangas usually use water, fire, earth and light but fail to utilize the potential of the "other" kind of natural elements...in the form of volcanic eruptions (magma, lava, etc) , earthquakes, etc. :amuse

It's also how the mangaka uses it in their manga that makes it "original" imo. Oda is really good at that. It's kinda hard to explain, I'll add on to what I was saying a bit later.

roxas_strife2
September 01, 2010, 12:24 AM
I don't like Tsuru's df and I don't find that particularly original lol. When it was first shown in the Marineford Arc, I was like wtf. It's a silly df ability IMHO. "Just wash and dry the enemies off" lol.

It's hard to admit but I really didn't think we would see a Shadow Shadow fruit. So I guess I give credit to Oda on that one. :darn

Magma is another one since most mangas usually use water, fire, earth and light but fail to utilize the potential of the "other" kind of natural elements...in the form of volcanic eruptions (magma, lava, etc) , earthquakes, etc. :amuse

It's also how the mangaka uses it in their manga that makes it "original" imo. Oda is really good at that. It's kinda hard to explain, I'll add on to what I was saying a bit later.

I know exactly what you mean.