PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 597 Discussion / 598 Prediction Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Kaiser Will
August 18, 2010, 08:24 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63467) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/announcement.php?f=922&a=76). This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled.

TwEeD
August 24, 2010, 03:11 PM
Hmm interesting ... Moria on the cover. Never was too fond on the character but as he has "disappeared" Oda has probably more in store with him

Anyone that can translate the chapter title btw?

Lyn685
August 24, 2010, 03:22 PM
The cover is fake.
A completely regenerated Moria in front of the Cathedral of Cologne for absolutely no reason?
Yeah right.
Also the cover doesn't really tell much of a story like nearly all Cover-Storys do.

deffkryz
August 24, 2010, 03:22 PM
How can this be "confirmed"? Seriously, that's Moria in front of the Cologne Cathedral. The placement of the logo AND the title are way off. And "Dward Newgate" doesn't make ANY sense.

I think I've found the Moria source: Chapter 456, p.17 - the last one before the double page. Free-form selected, flipped, rotated a bit - then pasted onto a cathedral drawing, printed out, put into a real WSJ and then photographed.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
August 24, 2010, 03:23 PM
How the hell gets THIS "confirmed"?

Too early for Moria cover story

Mashiro_Luna
August 24, 2010, 03:23 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the cover looks fake? Doesn't look like Oda's style to me.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 03:25 PM
My bad. The quality is very shitty though so...I'll just wait patiently. :scry

How did you get "Dward Newgate"? Wtf. lol haha That's a funny title alright.

vagabond87
August 24, 2010, 03:28 PM
I dont know how this can be already confirmed if its clearly fake... Look at structure behind Moria. Its some building form reality- i dont remember the name right now- mad into balck and whit wit lower resolutin and Its not even worth disscusion, We should wait until some summaries with pics will come out. title is something with Newgate so Its next thing proving that is almost certainly fake.

johnnyb7
August 24, 2010, 03:30 PM
Meh, probably fake, i would think he'd put moria and someone else on the cover, but maybe it's real. Either way I'm just hoping for some facts on the actual chapter soon.

maxikki
August 24, 2010, 03:30 PM
yeah, it looks like someone used photoshop on it, Moria looks like it doesnt belong there

LeDuck
August 24, 2010, 03:31 PM
Fake, no point in discussing this.

ScratchmenApoo
August 24, 2010, 03:32 PM
All right, I changed it to unconfirmed because of the suspicion.

johnnyb7
August 24, 2010, 03:34 PM
yeah, i guess it's fake.

zoro and luffy are gonna be the focus of this chapter is my bet

hy4k
August 24, 2010, 03:48 PM
i'm interested to see what a pissed off moria is capable of. as with a lot of others i'm not too fond him but the dude went toe to toe with a yonkou. that's got to means something

edit: but cover's probably fake

deffkryz
August 24, 2010, 03:48 PM
And here's the HOWTO of how to alter the image from the right to the left, of course:
http://a.imageshack.us/img823/7430/fakecoverhowto2.png (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/fakecoverhowto2.png/)

I overdid the perspective a bit, but it didn't take me long from my last post to this stage - even without Photoshop (http://gimp-win.sf.net/). ;)

Definitively fake.

And all you need to fake the title is the cover pages of chapters starting with "59" and that of Chapter 576 - edit out "大海賊エ", merge the "7" into the chapter number.

Gats
August 24, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hey guys (even more non-european guys), just "listen" to the german members when they tell you it's the Cologne cathedral. :D

It's definitively fake.

cobrahc
August 24, 2010, 05:01 PM
And here's the HOWTO of how to alter the image from the right to the left, of course:
http://a.imageshack.us/img823/7430/fakecoverhowto2.png (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/fakecoverhowto2.png/)

I overdid the perspective a bit, but it didn't take me long from my last post to this stage - even without Photoshop (http://gimp-win.sf.net/). ;)

Definitively fake.

And all you need to fake the title is the cover pages of chapters starting with "59" and that of Chapter 576 - edit out "大海賊エ", merge the "7" into the chapter number.

Ok, just to add more information to prove the image is fake, between chars and background Oda leave an empty blank.
Just get any random page and check it out, there is white space between chars and background.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4716/49234642.jpg

JA1024
August 24, 2010, 05:45 PM
It is fake since One Piece isnt coming out for another month

esamarie
August 24, 2010, 05:53 PM
It is fake since One Piece isnt coming out for another month

I thought the break was supposed to be after 597. Well, it's not confirmed until we see the announcement at the end of the chapter.

Dragon Walker
August 24, 2010, 06:07 PM
Well, maybe my post is pointless, since everyone is convinced this is fake, but as pointed out before, the title of the chapter is clearly, when translated, "Dward Newgate", which doesn't make sense at all. Not to mention the obvious type. Even someone with such limited knowledge in Japanese as me can see it.

Rotten The Wizard
August 24, 2010, 06:15 PM
This will be the last chapter for a month, sorry if im not excited to see Morias MUG on the coverpage

Lord Rayleigh
August 24, 2010, 06:21 PM
Dwarf Whitebeard would have been a better title for this fake cover :p

deffkryz
August 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
No. Not yet. Though many state it to be ... "obvious". Confirmed chapter spoilers may turn up within hours.

in the meantime there showed up two fake spoilers. One basing on this "Dward Newgate" stating complete bullshit like Jinbei having trained Luffy in the NW for 5 years, and the Mugiwaras still to be separated. The second one says something about Perona shooting her ghosts on both Zoro and Mihawk - indicating some training with her DF abilities (which we already had several times in fake spoilers AFAIR)

edit: I idiot forgot the best part about the second "spoiler":

All D. people can eat 2 DFs. DON!

But I won't post them here on MH. They can be seen on Onemanga's forum.

just another 12 hours to wait to see the real truth
Sure, agreed. But basically, Aohige said, it's coming from a reliable source. And since Aohige is reliable, I guess we can take that for granted. ;)

so_amazing
August 24, 2010, 06:58 PM
Title is Edward Newgate. I think the spelling for for edward is wrong though. it says Dowa-do where it should be E Dowa-do. So it is probably fake

Moved. To discuss the veracity of the spoilers, please, use the Spoiler Discussion Thread.

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 06:59 PM
So its confirmed that One Piece will have a break. But what about the time skip? Has it been confirmed yet?

It depends on your definition of "confirmed"

until this moment, no such information can be found on official website

http://www.shonenjump.com/j/index.html
[hr]

No. Not yet. Though many state it to be ... "obvious". Confirmed chapter spoilers may turn up within hours.

in the meantime there showed up two fake spoilers. One basing on this "Dward Newgate" stating complete bullshit like Jinbei having trained Luffy in the NW for 5 years, and the Mugiwaras still to be separated. The second one says something about Perona shooting her ghosts on both Zoro and Mihawk - indicating some training with her DF abilities (which we already had several times in fake spoilers AFAIR)

Sure, agreed. But basically, Aohige said, it's coming from a reliable source. And since Aohige is reliable, I guess we can take that for granted. ;)

yesterday ,in some other op forum,people debunk some fake information which claimed they came from a close friend of Oda.

the content of those fake information is about Oda is going to take a month break and the reason behind it.

尾田先生は近年の寻常じゃない仕事量に疲れきってたようです。

その様子を周りの人がみていて、戦争编が终わったら一度长期の休载をとろうと话合われていたそうです。(戦争编の终盘が駆け足だったのはそのせいかもしれません)

実际に戦争编が终わり、长期休载するはずでしたが「せめて麦わら一味全员が前を向いてからじゃないと、読者はつらいし、仆もつらい」

という尾田先生の意见があり、今の话を书きあげたそうです。

ここで时间が飞ぶのでは!?と言われていますが、その可能性は限りなく低いと思われます。

休载は一ヶ月ということですが、私が闻いたのは少なくとも三ヶ月という话でした。

ここにも尾田先生の强い意志があったのかもしれません。

この话は全て尾田先生と繋がりがある友人からです。

尾田先生は限界状态で漫画と向き合っています。これからも応援していきましょう。

SuperShuter
August 24, 2010, 07:00 PM
haha that fake looked, like something out of morias holiday album:darn

Kaiser Will
August 24, 2010, 07:08 PM
Moved some posts that talked about the OP break to the Discussion & Prediction Thread!

Remember this thread should be used for the purpose only to discuss the spoilers of the upcoming One Piece chapter.

El-Thor
August 24, 2010, 08:18 PM
Where's the peace sign Moria? Bad sport...

Obvious fake...not Oda sensei's drawing style

Seppuku
August 24, 2010, 08:46 PM
Really, I just don't see why people would bother to do so much just to make a fake spoiler cover page for one piece. Is it that interesting to play pranks on people >__> Anyway, I'd really like to know what Luffy's up to, getting everyone to undergo training it seems..

CopyNinjaKakashi
August 24, 2010, 08:54 PM
New spoiler out, and looks like we see the tattoo's meaning. So instead of 3 days, they will meet in 2 years. I am so excited for this chapter.

WildChampion
August 24, 2010, 08:54 PM
Someone asked for a translation of the pics chapter title:

The "fake" chapter title reads: "Dward Newgate" ...

Which means either Whitebeard has a son/daughter that is introduced in this chapter named 'Dward',

This definitely makes me think it's fake as someone just cut off the "E" from whatever chapter was titled "Edward Newgate" and photoshopped it there...

originality fail!

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 08:58 PM
Zomg! Epic chapter cover this week! :onoz

I love it! Gol D Roger & Whitebeard! :wtf

This is a dream come true. :crying

narupiece
August 24, 2010, 08:58 PM
Wow Zoro actually bowing his head to none other than his arch enemy. Definitely did not see that coming. I guess that just shows how strong his (and everyone else's) resolve is.

dikwetz
August 24, 2010, 09:00 PM
Seems legit this time, and luffy's tattoo is finally explained

Is it a time mark (seems obvious : SH gathering in 3 days changed to 2 years) or something totally unexpected ?

I hope it will be the 2nd one, as 2 years seems really long, and I don't see the point, but everything is in favor of a late SH gathering. Well Oda will do it nicely anyway.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:01 PM
Woah! I just saw the other pictures. Damn, I wasn't expecting Zoro to approach Mihawk like that! To train him or to give him some directions? xD It's clear that we're going to be informed of what Luffy's tatt means in this chapter because the "2Y" is shown on several panels. I can't wait!

frontaLobotomy
August 24, 2010, 09:02 PM
So the timeskip is going to be 2 years? That's much longer than I anticipated. Was the 3D/3 Days crossed out part to do with what Sentomaru said about Kuma's ability sending people flying for 3 days? Interesting stuff.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 09:02 PM
OH CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE THE 2 YEARS THING WAS TRUE!!!!

And the tattoo was the message......*GROAN* I'm sorry, but this is the first time since BB got two fruits taht I really don't like what Oda has done...... In all honestly I can live with the timeskip but I really thought the tattoo was going to be symbolic of his love for his lost brothers, the tattoo being a message is stupid......

I'm sorry, but I don't know how on earth Oda is going to pull this off, BB has been in NW for years, he now has the power to beat pretty much anybody, how is he not going to be PK in 2 years, I just don't get it.................

*sigh* Look I admit I was so wrong it is a little hard to swallow, but this is Oda's brilliant manga, and maybe he can pull this all off, I do still have faith, but I would have prefered that the message had been in the ringing of the bells not on his arm

On the up side, looks like Mihawk is going to train Zoro for the next 2 years, looks like tehre is going to be a new "strongest sowrdsman in the world" by the end of this ts.

Well I am now of the firm belief that the next 150 or so chapters after the timeskip is just going to be the SH's pwning the crap out of everyone until there first Yonkou..... Much like how it was before the SH's ran into Crocodile.....

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:05 PM
Two years it is. That's what it looks like now. :darn

OMG! Jinbei and the whale! :wtf

I wasn't expecting Jinbei to leave Luffy so soon. I really had hopes of them staying together with Rayleigh for a bit longer. I guess we'll see him next on Fishmen Island. :amuse

monkey D luffy
August 24, 2010, 09:05 PM
who ever explained luffy's tattoo as being sa2y as SA 2 years was right, omg!

Freid
August 24, 2010, 09:07 PM
OH FUCK I CAN'T BELIEVE THE 2 YEARS THING WAS TRUE!!!!

I want to shoot myself, if it turns out that it was the tattoo was the message then I am going to be so depressed.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how on earth Oda is going to pull this off, BB has been in NW for years, he now has the power to beat pretty much anybody, how is he not going to be PK in 2 years, I just don't get it.................

On the up side, looks like Mihawk is going to train Zoro for the next 2 years, looks like tehre is going to be a new "strongest sowrdsman in the world" by the end of this ts.

Well I am now of the firm belief that the next 150 or so chapters after the timeskip is just going to be the SH's pwning the fuck out of everyone until there first Yonkou..... Much like how it was before the SH's ran into Crocodile.....

Well pretty much the same way neither shanks, kaidou, or big mom was able to be pirate king. Anyway atleast it is not a typical naruto style training arc which i detest for One piece to do. A time sip was extremely foreseeable and the people who argued against it were basically betting against the odds.

godaijutsu-no-hito
August 24, 2010, 09:09 PM

Well I am now of the firm belief that the next 150 or so chapters after the timeskip is just going to be the SH's pwning the fuck out of everyone until there first Yonkou..... Much like how it was before the SH's ran into Crocodile.....

It is very obvious that power has not the only thing needed to get to Raftel. Other Yonkos have been around for a VERY LONG time and none of them became pirate king. One piece has some mystery to it and Luffy's team is designed just right for getting there. Besides, considering how strong BB is, there is no plausible way Luffy and his nakama can stand up to him or anybody in the new world.

Also, two years would give enough time to various young ones in strawhats to develop and get a change in looks. It was about time.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:09 PM
Many people predicted "SA2Y" to be Shabondy Archipelago and 2 Years from now. :) That double page spread of the rest of the SH's looks awesome. Franky's the best in it!

I really hope we get some rough translations up asap. This is getting so exciting now. haha Looks like Boa has a go at Rayleigh! xD

dikwetz
August 24, 2010, 09:11 PM
Boa getting mad at Rayleigh ! xD

About the message, was it the tattoo or just paint or so ? It would be lame to see Luffy with such a tattoo forever..

El-Thor
August 24, 2010, 09:12 PM
NOOOOOOO 2 year time skip :(
I really hope the time skip happens during the month skip.

That aside, I was expecting Zoro to approach Mihawk, but definitely not like THAT. We should all know how proud Zoro is and that it must have taken a lot to make him bow his head to his enemy.

I hope Oda doesn't change the character designs too much, I like how they look now

Oh and Mihawk laughing was priceless :D

CopyNinjaKakashi
August 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
That aside, I was expecting Zoro to approach Mihawk, but definitely not like THAT. We should all know how proud Zoro is and that it must have taken a lot to make him bow his head to his enemy.

Just like with Kuma on Thriller Bark, Zoro is showing that his ambition is secondary to making Luffy the Pirate King.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
I was always of the belief that Shanks could have become K and never did, he was with Rodger when he did it, he probably knows how to get to the final island...... He just never did because he bet on Luffy and probably thought of it as cheating. and we know WB had no desire to be PK, and that those 2 Yonkou were simply stoping Kaido and Big Mama from doing so......

the Tatoo isn't even SA2y it actually says "3D(crossed out)2Y" you can clearly see it if you look:http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/73264755/10

But what does the ringing of the bells means then...."This is the end of the first part of our journey and the beginning of the next". Urgh it is so all underwhelming as far as Oda goes..... I was expecting something really out of left field, not something every second rate reader of OP predicted....

LOL I'm so bitter sorry Oda-sensei I love you really lol

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 09:15 PM
we need to see the end page of this chapter to confim that "one month break"

esamarie
Where did you get the new spoiler? Is the two years confirmed? I can't even see the tattoo in the few spoiler pages.

elitefox

And the tattoo was the message......*GROAN* I'm sorry, but this is the first time since BB got two fruits taht I really don't like what Oda has done...... In all honestly I can live with the timeskip but I really thought the tattoo was going to be symbolic of his love for his lost brothers, the tattoo being a message is stupid......

*sigh* Look I admit I was so wrong it is a little hard to swallow, but this is Oda's brilliant manga, and maybe he can pull this all off, I do still have faith, but I would have prefered that the message had been in the ringing of the bells not on his arm

I think that is the perfect setting, he becomes a yonkou/ single emperor just wondering around not finding raftel since he is not the legit D. Making BB the final bridge before entering raftel.

You forgot about getting to raftel is the hardest part and not crossing the gl lol which is much can only be done if you know where it is or you are meant to be there.

I still don't think that Zoro will be the next 2 years, but he'll be closer. ;)

Mihawk didn't just get stronger in training, he fought a lot of strong swordsman with a wide variety of techniques. This training won't be enough to make him in Mihawk's status

JetPistol
August 24, 2010, 09:16 PM

lol just rub one off to forget about your worries? O_o since luffy said its something his crew can only understand and the tattoo was like 3D2Y comeonn its a given, theres far too little to the direction this tattoo would have gone

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:16 PM

Same here. This makes me believe that Mihawk won't be Zoro's last opponent but it will surely be Shiryuu? Only time will tell I guess. xD It's given me a completely different impression now tbh.

I hope Oda doesn't change the character designs too much, I like how they look now

Oh and Mihawk laughing was priceless :D

I'm open to design change as long as it suits each of them and that it compliments their style/character as well. :amuse Mihawk laughing like that was a first...ever. I'm still suprised that Zoro bowed down like that...and it was Perona's doing neither! :o

Kaizoku-O Luffy
August 24, 2010, 09:17 PM
Where did you get the new spoiler? Is the two years confirmed? I can't even see the tattoo in the few spoiler pages.

Its in the cover page where 3D is crossed out and next to it it says 2y.

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 09:17 PM
Does any one see the end page of this chapter to confim that "one month break"??

that is also very important

El-Thor
August 24, 2010, 09:18 PM
Just like with Kuma on Thriller Bark, Zoro is showing that his ambition is secondary to making Luffy the Pirate King.

Very good point, and that's what I really love about Zoro. He's the best first mate a captain can ask for

maxikki
August 24, 2010, 09:19 PM
now THAT'S some spoilers!!!! two years, i kinda figured it out, when killer talked about the Ox bell, 8 times for every year that has ended.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah you're right Zoro won't be on Mihawks level by the end of the timeskip but I wouldn't be surprised that by the end Zoro can fight on a decent level with Mihawk, and may become the "shanks replacement". You know how Mihawk and Shanks used to have legendary duels, I reckon Mihawk and Zoro's will start to course waves in the OP world........

I wonder if it will come out that Shanks trained Mihawk, and Mihawk now sees Zoro as he used to be.....

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 09:22 PM
I was always of the belief that Shanks could have become K and never did, he was with Rodger when he did it, he probably knows how to get to the final island...... He just never did because he bet on Luffy and probably thought of it as cheating. and we know WB had no desire to be PK, and that those 2 Yonkou were simply stoping Kaido and Big Mama from doing so......

the Tatoo isn't even SA2y it actually says "3D(crossed out)2Y" you can clearly see it if you look:http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/73264755/10

But what does the ringing of the bells means then...."This is the end of the first part of our journey and the beginning of the next". Urgh it is so all underwhelming as far as Oda goes..... I was expecting something really out of left field, not something every second rate reader of OP predicted....

LOL I'm so bitter sorry Oda-sensei I love you really lol

second rate reader?

10's of millions reading OP, and no one of that can predict it or at least close to it?

There's no way "There's no way" ;)

Oda has split us into two, timeskip or no timeskip and fought for it until this spoiler goes out lol. I say it is enough

but I really didn't see it as "3D" lol I thought it was an SA

crossing out 3D which means cancel the immediate meeting
and going for 2 years solo training or at least train in their destined place

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:24 PM
I wonder if it will come out that Shanks trained Mihawk, and Mihawk now sees Zoro as he used to be.....

That's an interesting thought. I mean considering what was revealed in Chapter 0 & from previous SBS sessions, Mihawk is still senior to Shanks, right?

I'm sure both Shanks & Mihawk learnt a lot from each other during those "legendary" clashes. I sure hope Zoro gets a similar opponent in the NW be it Mihawk or someone else. Now that I get the impression Zoro was bowing down to Mihawk asking for him to train him, it'll still be difficult to picture them in the future fighting seriously imho.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 09:28 PM
second rate reader?

10's of millions reading OP, and no one of that can predict it or at least close to it?

There's no way "There's no way" ;)

Oda has split us into two, timeskip or no timeskip and fought for it until this spoiler goes out lol. I say it is enough

but I really didn't see it as "3D" lol I thought it was an SA

crossing out 3D which means cancel the immediate meeting
and going for 2 years solo training or at least train in their destined place

What I meant really was that this is the first time that A LOT of people predicted what arguably is the biggest cliff hanger for the last 2 years (our time) "when would the SH's reunite"..... Oda (for me) has OP popular by not being predictable, and he had a lot to work with with this message, I just don't like the predictability, I read bleach if I want to know how the story ends.......

I withdraw the statement as I said though this is a hard pill to swallow, and though I'm the only person saying it right now you can bet your bottom dollar that there are a few people who agree with me......I'm just bitter and venting, don't mean to offend anybody....
[hr]
P.S is that also the first time we have seen Gol.D's jolly rodger?!?!? It's cool I like it haha.......

I hope oda does a flashback of a fight between Gol.D and Wb how epic must that have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 09:28 PM
What I meant really was that this is the first time that A LOT of people predicted what arguably is the biggest cliff hanger for the last 2 years (our time) "when would the SH's reunite"..... Oda (for me) has OP popular by not being predictable, and he had a lot to work with with this message, I just don't like the predictability, I read bleach if I want to know how the story ends.......

I withdraw the statement as I said though this is a hard pill to swallow, and though I'm the only person saying it right now you can bet your bottom dollar that there are a few people who agree with me......I'm just bitter and venting, don't mean to offend anybody....

hehe, chill man...

I tell you a secret... this is not the first time someone has predicted close to Oda's next chapter ;)

Oh well we predict to be a 2 year timeskip, did anyone predict zoro bowing down for training? and beating monkeys in a short time that surprise mihawk in the process?

El-Thor
August 24, 2010, 09:29 PM
I'm kinda sad about the time skip also, but the SHs need to grow and get stronger and this was probably the only way to do it. The hardest thing to swallow is what will be going on during these two years. I'm sure during this time skip Kaidou and/or Big Mom will be either replaced by some of the Supernovas or defeated by BB. I kind of imagine the NW in chaos (more than it is now) when the SHs arrive there.

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 09:31 PM
now 16 pictures are out, still no information about one month break

keep waiting

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 09:31 PM
hehe, chill man...

I tell you a secret... this is not the first time someone has predicted close to Oda's next chapter ;)

Oh well we predict to be a 2 year timeskip, did anyone predict zoro bowing down for training? and beating monkeys in a short time that surprise mihawk in the process?

Haha yeah I know.... I was in the "Ace won't die camp" and I was proven well wrong tehre by a lot of ppl.......but in hindsight it was well done, so I'm sure this will turn out the same way....... But apart from Boa's tattoo and Ace's death I can't remember anything this big being predicted by so many ppl.............

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:32 PM
YES! I knew it! I've been waiting for this moment for so long and I was right! Rayleigh-San will TRAIN Luffy about Haki!!! :nuts

Take a look at the new spoiler pics! :whoo

It's interesting, Rayleigh is exhibiting similar haki? powers as Sento against that animal lol.

undertoe
August 24, 2010, 09:33 PM
Did anyone else notice...? Mantra = haki confirmed.

kaizoku king
August 24, 2010, 09:35 PM
from the look of the the new spoilers he really is telling him about mantra and stuff givin us alot to talk about n theorise(speltwrongithink) to tlk about while it gone still miss though well im moving so i might not get a chance to read manga for a month

soo works out for me

El-Thor
Did anyone else notice...? Mantra = haki confirmed.

I thought that was already agreed on? But either way, looks like Haki is more widespread than we thought

maxikki
oh man, this chapter looks pretty juicy. is there any confirmation if there's going to be a 4 week break??

yellowblue
August 24, 2010, 09:36 PM
The last few pics seems like haki training to me.

VashDaStampede
August 24, 2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I think I'm more surprised that Zoro has already beaten the monkeys than him getting trained by MiHawk (whether its directly or indirectly).

But 2 years? It will almost be like he's a rookie again...except 100 times stronger. :)

Are translations out yet?

EDIT: Just saw the short translation and new pics.

Haki! :D
Training with Rayleigh on an island that changes seasons every week! :D
2 year time skip. :o
One month break!? :mad

rickfox
the final picture is out ---one month break is confirmed.

Skyrius
I...have very mixed feelings about this....BUT I trust Oda-sensei so I'll wait and see. I don't mind a time skip it's just the placement, when everyone's been separated and such a huge event has come to pass. It just bugs me somehow. HOWEVER, I'm still holding out for things. By the way though, does it actually say in text 2 years or is that still us assuming that's what the tattoo means now that we can see it clearly?

EDIT: On the bright side, as someone's mentioned, OP is a long manga. Now is a good chance to refresh and reread.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:40 PM
I want to read this chapter now! :drool

The haki training panels look pretty sick and I sure as hell want to know more about it. I wonder if we'll get any more information in regards to the current events in the NW or maybe what the WG is up too?

A panel from the folks back in East Blue wouldn't hurt...showing their reaction to Luffy's second visit to Marineford, etc. :eyeroll

monkey D luffy
August 24, 2010, 09:40 PM
wah?!?!?!?!?!?!?! haki!!!!!
this chapter is fucking awesome!

Freid
August 24, 2010, 09:41 PM
I...have very mixed feelings about this....BUT I trust Oda-sensei so I'll wait and see. I don't mind a time skip it's just the placement, when everyone's been separated and such a huge event has come to pass. It just bugs me somehow. HOWEVER, I'm still holding out for things. By the way though, does it actually say in text 2 years or is that still us assuming that's what the tattoo means now that we can see it clearly?

spoiler says ' jimbei leaves. says he'll see luffy and his crew again in 2 years.'

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:43 PM
"jimbei leaves. says he'll see luffy and his crew again in 2 years."

Epic! :spaz

Woah. An island where the season/weather changes every week. That's so sick. Rayleigh-senpai training Luffy in Haki! I was wanted this to come true! :crying :shakefist

So Zoro did ask Mihawk to train him. I wonder how much of the island will be left after two years of training with Mihawk. lol

undertoe
August 24, 2010, 09:44 PM
I thought that was already agreed on? But either way, looks like Haki is more widespread than we thought

People have still held the debate for a long time, but that debate is over now.

bittman
August 24, 2010, 09:44 PM
This is the most disappointing chapter in forever. I'll wait for a scan before I rant, but then I hope One Piece goes on a one month break so I can cool down.

Zoro asking Mihawk for training? 2 year timeskip? Haki training? There is absolutely nothing here that impresses me. Destroyed all the current progression of events in One Piece's world in one foul swoop, might as well call post timeskip One Piece Z because then we can debate how pre-timeskip was good and post-timeskip is a trainwreck.

I'm somehow hoping the entire 16 pages are the most elaborate fake ever to be witnessed in the history of One Piece, but instead I'm just going to be very sad here. Thought OP was on a month break anyway (and wouldn't be back this week).

Still, will wait for a scan to be done before I rant for pages. Highly disappointed on initial impressions though, every Japanese shonen anime/manga timeskip to date has been a trainwreck....this is me saving my rant by the way...I'm going to need a seperate thread when the scan comes out...

...or a review...

Jiggy-Ninja
August 24, 2010, 09:45 PM

What's wrong with the tattoo being the message? Everything else that happened at the Headquarters was waaaay too ambiguous to be any kind of message.

3D2Y, on the other hand, would be pretty clear to any of the Strawhats. "3D" obviously stands for "3 days", which was the amount of time that the Strawhats were going to split up on Sabondy so that Rayleigh could coat the ship. Even if other people managed to figure it out, the only people it would have any significance for is the Strawhats themselves (and whoever else was in Shakky's bar at the time).

By crossing out the 3D and having 2Y under it, he's signaling his crew that he wants to meet up with them in 2 years, not 3 days like the original plan was.

It's a very simple, absolutely unambiguous message to all the Strawhats, that nobody else would be able to grasp the significance of.

Rotten The Wizard
August 24, 2010, 09:47 PM

*NERDGASM*
this is fucking epic on so many levels. ZORO will become GOD.

After 2 years.......The will be ready to take on Admirals. Zoro and Luffy atleast

Freid
August 24, 2010, 09:48 PM
Im not even excited about haki training. Thats basicaly naruto style training where there is a teacher and a student. Same with mihawk being zoro's sensei. But i gues i wanted a time skip and what else would they be doing i suppose. Though i just wish it wasn't teacher to student training. Oh well

sarutobi_sensei
August 24, 2010, 09:50 PM
So it is 2 years of training.

DAMN STRAIGHT EPIC!

Zoro being trained by Mihawk :D ZOMG :D fangasm!!!!!!!!!!

Luffy finally learning about Haki. GAAHAHHHHH

I can't wait for this 1 month break. I wanna see them all uber broken fighting :D I wanna see them reunited again!!!!!!!!!

I wish I went to sleep for the following month and only wake up when the chapter is uploaded.

esamarie
August 24, 2010, 09:50 PM
Two years time skip, huh? Seems like their training takes more time than their travel to half of the Grand Line.

Im not even excited about haki training. Thats basicaly naruto style training where there is a teacher and a student. Same with mihawk being zoro's sensei. But i gues i wanted a time skip and what else would they be doing i suppose. Though i just wish it wasn't teacher to student training. Oh well

Same thought here. When I saw the pics, I couldn't help but be awfully reminded of Naruto, maybe minus the too many explanations. But I'm still curious about the haki, so maybe this chapter would give it a more thorough explanation.

I was hoping that time skip would be at most a year as two years seem too long. Felt a bit disappointed when it was confirmed. Hopefully Oda prepared really some awesome stuff to back up the forthcoming events in One Piece. And if the one month break is true, I sure hope the next chapter would be worth all the wait.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 09:55 PM
Man f--k Naruto-related comparisons. This is One Piece and we're talking about Rayleigh-San (Teacher) and Luffy (Student). It's on another whole epic level.

*Excuse the language, I'm sorry but please stop with the "omg not another generic shounen training arc". It's not. The SH's have been together for so long and most of the time they were dependent on Luffy. This is the perfect time for them to train hard and venture on their own islands to gain experience. They will develop/grow/improve in their own individual and unique ways that will aid them both indepently and as one whole crew in the NW. :)

People quickly forget that OP has been running for more then 10 years...and over 500 chapters now.

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 09:55 PM
This is the most disappointing chapter in forever. I'll wait for a scan before I rant, but then I hope One Piece goes on a one month break so I can cool down.

Zoro asking Mihawk for training? 2 year timeskip? Haki training? There is absolutely nothing here that impresses me. Destroyed all the current progression of events in One Piece's world in one foul swoop, might as well call post timeskip One Piece Z because then we can debate how pre-timeskip was good and post-timeskip is a trainwreck.

I'm somehow hoping the entire 16 pages are the most elaborate fake ever to be witnessed in the history of One Piece, but instead I'm just going to be very sad here. Thought OP was on a month break anyway (and wouldn't be back this week).

Still, will wait for a scan to be done before I rant for pages. Highly disappointed on initial impressions though, every Japanese shonen anime/manga timeskip to date has been a trainwreck....this is me saving my rant by the way...I'm going to need a seperate thread when the scan comes out...

...or a review...

its ok to rant and rant

it wont change OP anyway, the way I love it.

Time for some serious training, but the thing about training is, how would you apply that in a real combat which might surprise us :D

Timeskip for training is good.

damane08
August 24, 2010, 09:56 PM
I really don't like the two years idea at all, like a lot of people it pisses me off too that the tattoo was not dedicated to his brothers (i really hope that it's not permanent)

Zoro asking Mihawk to train him? it's really lame, this is the man that he wants to beat, this man is his dream, his goal and he wants to be trained by him? can't say i like that man.

Let me get this straight; Luffy and his crew have been together for just a few months now (it hasn't been a year yet) and they are exponentially stronger now than they were when OP started but now they need two years worth of training? really? seems like a bit much don't ya think?

I can't say that i'm going to like this chapter but i guess i'll wait until we have the entire thing to read before i jump to conclusions.

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 09:57 PM

*NERDGASM*
this is fucking epic on so many levels. ZORO will become GOD.

After 2 years.......The will be ready to take on Admirals. Zoro and Luffy atleast

I don't think so, if this happens then new world will be like just a food to be chewed.

Admirals are still admirals, they are one heck of war machines.

but as I said, they will be closer.

Super Angillis
August 24, 2010, 09:58 PM
Hmmn, I'm guessing that Boa was happy because she thought Luffy would be spending the two years with her, and then gets pissed because Rayleigh takes him somewhere else?

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 10:01 PM
I think Oda is saying that Haki cannot be learned in such a fashion of like fighting strong enemies, it has to be learned to actually use it.

And I think that is great... Coby learning haki from Garp but probably of a different use. I wonder will helmeppo be training from whom?

chitgoks
August 24, 2010, 10:05 PM
seeing mihawk laugh was kinda funny. first time i seen him laugh or smile or something

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 10:07 PM
Sugoi! So there's different levels of haki. (confirmed) That was evident. I can't wait to see Luffy using the busoushoku-form of haki on a logia. I wonder how the island will look like once Luffy is done with the training? lol!

OdaForPresident
August 24, 2010, 10:10 PM
This chapter is going to be sick. Haki explained :headbang been waiting for that for a very long time! Can't wait to read it!

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 10:11 PM
First, Does Rayleigh knows that Luffy has king's haki?

i forgot if it was revealed in the monitor if luffy has that kind of haki or not.

Nonlife
August 24, 2010, 10:13 PM
Two years...wow. I hope when the chapter comes it shows Zoro explaining what Luffy meant in his message. Will Oda be taking some time off, or will he start telling a different story in the manga, like Kishimoto did Kakashi Gaiden before he picked up with Part II in Naruto. Honestly, though, I was expecting Zoro to be his proud self and not ask Mihawk to train him. Kind of ruins the feel for their eventual showdown as master & student, instead of New Age pirate vs. Old Age Pirate. I mean, I thought if Zoro could overcome the brutality of the monkeys, by beating them - and his pride, or swordsman's spirit may pass on to them, curing them of their "insanity." I really hope Oda knows what he's getting himself into, b/c this is big.

Fox666
August 24, 2010, 10:15 PM
Anyway... is it just me or the fans are getting better in predicting Oda? I mean...
- 2 year time skip
- Luffy training with Rayleigh and learning Haki
- Zoro training with Mihawk
- Etc

When you look back at it, a lot of things were predicted. Whitebeard sinking Marineford with himself (even if he failed, the fans predicted the idea), well, you got my point.

junjun2
August 24, 2010, 10:17 PM
One month break was already confirmed yesterday by a reliable person's information.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 10:18 PM
Well the "Zoro training with Mihawk" is the only one I found slightly shocking and suprising once it was confirmed. I really couldn't picture Mihawk training Zoro and behold what do we see!? I'm sure Perona will aid Zoro in some way during the training sessions...;)

I can't see her returning to Gecko anytime soon neither.

daman246
August 24, 2010, 10:19 PM
looks like a 2year time skip is on the way woot cant wait to see everyone reunited after 2years there gonna be so fkc strong i cant imagine it lol

zerocooldx
August 24, 2010, 10:20 PM
Ok. Well i guess now we pretty much now that the one month lay off is due to the fact that there will be a two year time skip in the manga. So i guess the rumors were true, and that we can expect part two of One Piece in about a month. God waiting a month is going to be hard. <.<

El-Thor
August 24, 2010, 10:21 PM
Zoro did what he had to do. He sacrificed his pride in order to get stronger and to make Luffy the Pirate King.

I'm sure nearly every strong character in OP had some sort of training or a master to guide them along.

I have faith in Oda sensei

H.M.K
wow
wow
wow
ohhhh my god what a f**king chapter

Oda sensei you did it again what an epic chapter.

Luffy training to control his haki

Zoro training with Mihawk which mean Zoro well get very close to Mihawk strength

Sanji well get stronger than Ivankove.

and the rest of the crew well get strong in so many ways.

i think there is no way the other Supernovas well be compared to mugiwara pirates

narupiece
So apparently the one month break is in fact confirmed huh.

I just hope Naruto and Bleach step up during this month.

Fox666
August 24, 2010, 10:23 PM
By the way, the new character ages will be:

Luffy:

Luffy:
Zoro:

Zoro:
Nami:

Nami:
Usopp:

Usopp:
Sanji:

Sanji:
Chopper:

Chopper:
Robin:

Robin:
Franky:

Franky:
Brook:

Brook:

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 10:24 PM
Anyway... is it just me or the fans are getting better in predicting Oda? I mean...
- 2 year time skip
- Luffy training with Rayleigh and learning Haki
- Zoro training with Mihawk
- Etc

When you look back at it, a lot of things were predicted. Whitebeard sinking Marineford with himself (even if he failed, the fans predicted the idea), well, you got my point.

I guess reading OP and expecting the unpredictable makes/gives us to think beyond our imagination and having ourselves in Oda's shoes like

what will Oda think, I must think the unthinkable... I think Oda trained us to stretch our imagination to the farthest but it has negative impact on other mangas, making them look worst every OP chapter release:darn

undertoe
August 24, 2010, 10:25 PM
I guess reading OP and expecting the unpredictable makes/gives us to think beyond our imagination and having ourselves in Oda's shoes like

what will Oda think, I must think the unthinkable... I think Oda trained us to stretch our imagination to the farthest but it has negative impact on other mangas, making them look worst every OP chapter release:darn

Or maybe it's just that SO many theories get thrown out that obviously some are going to be correct.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 10:29 PM
@ Fox666 - You should use spoiler tags ^_^

I agree with zerocooldx; waiting a month is going to be the worst torture ever. :scry Especially, now that we know what the content of ch. 597 is like.

It'll be most interesting to see what Franky, Chopper and Usopp will look like from two years time lol. I wonder whether Nami & Robin will get bigger in the areas that matter!? ;) :nosebleed

Rowel
August 24, 2010, 10:30 PM
hapter looks amazing. last pic there almost brought a tear to my eye (probably will when I read it properly)

I predict the next 2 chapters will be showing Luffy arriving at Sabaody Archipelago and showing off his new abilities. Ch 600 will see the rest of the crew re-unite in the most mega way possible ^_^

tobeulp
August 24, 2010, 10:32 PM
I'm waiting on what are their new looks will be after 2 years... I already can picture Nami and Robin will look even much sexier ^^

narupiece
August 24, 2010, 10:33 PM
Hmm just realized, does this mean Shaki and the Rosy Life Riders have to guard the Sunny for 2 whole years?

jromz03
August 24, 2010, 10:33 PM
in 2 years there's going to be a lot of changes. the supernovas will be stronger, Coby might be vice-admiral then, maybe some will get married? (hehe)

Can't wait for their post-2 year appearances.

hy4k
August 24, 2010, 10:34 PM
oh god, zoro being trained by mihawk. I know i said that this would suck but in this context (zoro can get off the island himself) it should be great. 2 year timeskip too holy shit

as for haki it looks like ther 3 types are

prediction
physical attack - busoushoku
shockwave (causing damage tot he surrounding area or fainting spells)- Haōshoku

Hmm just realized, does this mean Shaki and the Rosy Life Riders have to guard the Sunny for 2 whole years?

they're already dead. cyborg kuma took care of them

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 10:35 PM

Well last thing we saw was Kuma appearing right before them. I'm also curious to know where they'll "hide" the Sunny-go! Maybe, Rayleigh has some kind of storage place near one of SA's ports or something?

It's also possible that Kuma sent the Sunny somewhere else as well! :XD

TheMoa
August 24, 2010, 10:38 PM
Wowow.... 2 years is a lot of time.
More than what the SH will be like(and i'm really curious about then), i'm curious about how the rest of the world will be.

WG thinking Luffy died or something like that, BB being the most powerfull pirate of the world(at least in the Yonkou levels) and some SN making their names on the new world.

Freid
August 24, 2010, 10:41 PM
i think there is no way the other Supernovas well be compared to mugiwara pirates

Yh If the supernovas are stil around the same strength as the strawhats which is possible and probably will happen, i would be pissed. I mean, none of the other supernovas were trained by reyleigh or mihawk themselves, yet if they are still near the same strength level then the training would lose significance and would go to show that they did not need the training since all the other supernovas still managed to reach the same level and continue their journey at the same time. i wanted a time skip but eff da training. my main reasons for wanting a timeskip was even more to do with the strawhats looking older and more mature and simply looking more badass. Its not feasible that a travelling pirate should reach half way into their journey then stop for couple years to train and then continue. It doesnt sound right to me. but like i said, i guess i cant have everything i want. i wanted a timeskip and i got it but it also comes with the shitty training that they also have to do.

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 10:41 PM
they're already dead. cyborg kuma took care of them

so, another blood debt waiting to be collect two years later?

Shiro-kun
August 24, 2010, 10:45 PM
Its been a while ...

but i'll post

This is can very opinionated in a heartbeat , i do not know if this is the best thing to happen or the very worse

i dont like that there has to be training it just dives into shonen cliche , and the two year thing seems very different from the norm ... But i dislike the most is that I love seeing Luffy character grow constantly but missing out on his character for a while is kinda heart wrenching and disconnected since we seen his (and his crew) adventures from the moment this manga started.

but i made a mistake of questioning a chapter before it came out before so i'll wait before coming critical of this .. and a month wait? how deliberating for Oda ...with all the chaos that just happened in two weeks after WB war imagine what can happen in two years timing?

hy4k
August 24, 2010, 10:47 PM
so, another blood debt waiting to be collect two years later?

eh? did someone say handsome?

seriously though, they'll be ok. an ambiguous off screen death is one thing. an ambiguous off screen meeting is another

omegakai
August 24, 2010, 10:49 PM
2 Year time skip on the way, so we can expect redrawn characters (really looking forward to see if anyone make a drastic appearance change). Also we can expect the world to be really different once they re-emerge I hope they start a huge ruckus to show off how much they have become before they head out into the New World. Now they might have to play catch up to Kidd and the other strong super nova who have probably started to claim territory to show their skill.

Prediction: if not the 2 year skip we might see and small skip to show the novas are up and see if Law too remained to train or if he moved on to the new world. 2nd we might get a secondary updated on the crew to see how they are progressing.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 10:49 PM
Actually this did answer one of my questions, apparently 2 years isn't close to enough time to train haki AND THAT'S WITH RAY-SAN AS TEACHER! So I suppose considering BB has never displayed haki maybe his is own is very weak and that will be a hindrance on his progression through NW. My guess is that after this ts every rookie will be wiped out except Kidd Law and Luffy

Jiggy-Ninja
August 24, 2010, 10:52 PM
It'll be most interesting to see what Franky, Chopper and Usopp will look like from two years time lol. I wonder whether Nami & Robin will get bigger in the areas that matter!? ;) :nosebleed
I'm sure Franky will look amazing and totally badass. Hell, his current look strikes fear into all those who see him. :)

I hope Nami and Robin don't get any bigger. In fact, I hope they get a little smaller. The two of them are already pushing the limits of what can reasonably be called "human". If they grow even more (or get even skinnier waists), it will be gross, not sexy.

Give them a skoosh more waist, drop their cup size a couple levels, and they'll be total :eek HUBBA HUBBA! :D

Especially Robin. I'm a sucker for long, black hair. :p

Nonlife
August 24, 2010, 10:52 PM
Oookkkaayyy. Luffu's action with the bell was to take the WG's attention of the mark on his arm. Now I understand, but where'd two years come from anyway?

I'm sure Franky will look amazing and totally badass. Hell, his current look strikes fear into all those who see him. :)

I hope Nami and Robin don't get any bigger. In fact, I hope they get a little smaller. The two of them are already pushing the limits of what can reasonably be called "human". If they grow even more (or get even skinnier waists), it will be gross, not sexy.

Give them a skoosh more waist, drop their cup size a couple levels, and they'll be total :eek HUBBA HUBBA! :D

The gals looked fine to me, but I'd love for Nami to have a nice ponytail.

hy4k
August 24, 2010, 10:53 PM
just think, after the timeskip

-we'll see the fourth yonkou
-we'll see the state of whitebeard's territory
-we'll see how the supernovas are getting on
-we'll see the three new shichibukai
-we'll see how the revolutionaries moved
-we'll see what happened to kuma/moria

omegakai
August 24, 2010, 10:54 PM
Its been a while ...

but i'll post

This is can very opinionated in a heartbeat , i do not know if this is the best thing to happen or the very worse

i dont like that there has to be training it just dives into shonen cliche , and the two year thing seems very different from the norm ... But i dislike the most is that I love seeing Luffy character grow constantly but missing out on his character for a while is kinda heart wrenching and disconnected since we seen his (and his crew) adventures from the moment this manga started.

but i made a mistake of questioning a chapter before it came out before so i'll wait before coming critical of this .. and a month wait? how deliberating for Oda ...with all the chaos that just happened in two weeks after WB war imagine what can happen in two years timing?

I kinda feel like you but at the same time i think doing it this will be an amazing way to show how the dead of WB will affect the new world, so we can probably expect some mind blow fight and enemies in the new adventures

kkck
August 24, 2010, 10:56 PM
EPIC! Finally the message is explained and so is haki..... So it would seem there are merely 3 kinds of haki.... Wonder what the big deal about kings haki is though. Certainly luffy can impose himself over the weak but what good is that? The weak are not people who are a threat to luffy. I guess it makes sense mantra is a type of haki.... And then there is a type of haki which can specifically damage DF users or at least is specially useful against them. Odds are zoro will also learn haki from mihawk but what about sanji? He is going to learn to cook special food and okama kenpo along with a getting physically stronger but what good would that make without haki? At least zoro, sanji and luffy should be overall capable of fighting with admirals but without mastery of haki that is impossible.

hy4k
August 24, 2010, 10:57 PM
the big danger now is a tonal shift. i trust oda to develop the characters without turnig them into emo bitches, but it's still a risk

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 10:58 PM
So there are 4 types of haki.

BTW anyone else noticed that Ray flicks Luffy on the nose and he goes flying.... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

......I think I might have to start up heroin to replace OP because thats the only way I'm going to suffice my addiction :P

omegakai
Oookkkaayyy. Luffu's action with the bell was to take the WG's attention of the mark on his arm. Now I understand, but where'd two years come from anyway?

The marine guy did say it take years of hard work to begin to master haki, so I would guess the 2 years was Rayleigh idea. Also who know in 2 years coby might be a better fight and able to use his haki.

Bugzee

Well said Jiggy-Ninja. Remember, I said "in the areas that matter!?" not just in one specific place. ;) Franky looks awesome with those see-through goggles. ahaha I use to say "Hubba hubba". :XD

Nice mini-summary of points. I would also like to see how Smoker will be doing in the NW HQ, what the BB Pirates have managed to destroy/achieve lol and also what Shanks is up too...I mean the dude is obviously concerned with the "balance" of the era now. :amuse

DARK
August 24, 2010, 10:59 PM
We finally understand the message.
3D2Y was the text on Luffy's tattoo.
The Straw Hats should not meet in 3 days, but in 2 years.
As expected, there would be some sort of timeskip.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 11:00 PM
3 or 4 types?!?!?

Is the one taht repelled luffy (what sentou used) and what Ray used to hit Kizaru different or the same?!?

predsfan
August 24, 2010, 11:01 PM
the big danger now is a tonal shift. i trust oda to develop the characters without turnig them into emo bitches, but it's still a risk

I don't think you have to worry about that. Luffy's already back to his normal self.

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 11:02 PM

we'll see who still retain the possibility to join Straw Hat Pirates

we will see who is the true Fleet Admiral

DARK
August 24, 2010, 11:02 PM
Is the one taht repelled luffy (what sentou used) and what Ray used to hit Kizaru different or the same?!?

Busoushoku is the type of Haki that can damage Logia users. It was confirmed to be used by Rayleigh, Marco, Vista, and certain others.

Right now, we are not sure if Sentoumaru's battle style is Haki-oriented. The anime seems to lead to this direction, but again it hasn't been confirmed in the manga or by Oda himself.

Even if this was the case, Sentoumaru hasn't been shown using his attacks on any Logia users. His attacks were able to damage Luffy (who is Paramecia), that is all.

zerocooldx
August 24, 2010, 11:04 PM

Its already clear that the SH's are putting aside their individual goals and ambitions for one another. So i don't see any of their personalities changing in the slightest bit.

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 11:05 PM
Nice mini-summary of points. I would also like to see how Smoker will be doing in the NW HQ, what the BB Pirates have managed to destroy/achieve lol and also what Shanks is up too...I mean the dude is obviously concerned with the "balance" of the era now. :amuse

He has to wait two years in G-5 Marine base for encounter Straw Hat Pirates again

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 11:07 PM
He has to wait two years in G-5 Marine base for encounter Straw Hat Pirates again

Doesn't mean he'll be waiting for the SH's to reunite and such. He can obviously build on his own reputation in the NW, improve on his own strength as well and possibly learn haki like the VA's or something in the mean time that is.*

DARK
August 24, 2010, 11:12 PM
Certainly luffy can impose himself over the weak but what good is that? The weak are not people who are a threat to luffy.

With just a flicker of his emotions, Luffy was able to cause several people who were well adjusted to "normal" Haki to faint. This was untapped, raw power. If Luffy was able to do this much while knowing little about Haki to begin with, just imagine how effective it might be should he master it.

Haoushoku will have some of its advantages in future battles. Let's say if Luffy ends up being attacked by Marines again, he can just knock them out with Haoushoku instead of exerting himself to fight them physically. He can save most of his energy to fight the stronger opponents down the line.

I wonder if this means that Rayleigh also has Haoushoku Haki? He was able to cause most of the spectators in Sabaody to faint with a mere gaze. If Rayleigh has both Haoushoku and Busoushoku, Luffy being able to use both is not too far off.

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 11:15 PM
Doesn't mean he'll be waiting for the SH's to reunite and such. He can obviously build on his own reputation in the NW, improve on his own strength as well and possibly learn haki like the VA's or something in the mean time that is.*

He can obviously build on his own reputation in the NW, improve on his own strength-- of course,that is possible and likely to happend

but first of first ,what is his purpose to be transfer to G-5 Marine base----to get close to his target ,who is his target?--- so, two years to go before even get a chance to see target again.

Xiraiya
August 24, 2010, 11:15 PM
Good lord the whining and moaning about this timeskip, ODA has been doing this manga for over 10 years and One Piece has not degraded in the slightest, infact it has only ever improved.

You all lack trust, for no real reason, this isn't Naruto or Bleach so relax.
Besides I do believe that this is necessary for the characters to realistically survive in the new world, One Piece isn't going anywhere fast.

Pandamic
August 24, 2010, 11:16 PM
Not that important but,The place where Luffy leaves his hat and the vivre card is next to the same tree that's in the One Piece Strong World Movie; the one that repels wild animals from coming near it.

Lugo
August 24, 2010, 11:16 PM
Wow... Oda, you really are the best and most talented and best storyteller out there and #1 in the world! You are the MANGA AUTHOR MASTER among the all the manga authors! A 2 Year Time Skip is an awesome time for Luffy to get insanely stronger with learning the 3 stages of Haki from Ray and Hawk teaching Zoro and the rest of the SH's aswell. A whole month of September is well worth the wait because ch. 598 will be Super Epic with mind blowing results. ^_____^

This level of epic is beyond and more. No other manga can top One Piece now haha! >X) Its as if God sent angle to Oda years before he created OP and said on to him "Go thy forth now Oda, and create an epical story manga to overpower others with amazement and wonder~" Ahem. XD lol

I will say this though: to a someone who I once called "my friend or bro" but isn't anymore... ¬_¬+ thats out there right now or if hes on here. Max_Cola_Power, I want to thank you for you guiding me and helped learned about OP's existence for out the 3 years we've talked and shared over. So thank again Max, but lets not forget... I'm still angry with you and this outburst of chains of events won't change anything between us. Its been 2 months since that happened, and my life has changed thanks to you... and i'm living my life to fullest and more then ever determined and I have changed for the better. But even so with that, I forgive you for being honest. Just wanted say that and nothing more. n_n+

-but with that aside. ONE PIECE NEW WORLD in 1 month from now peoeple! >v<

Time expect the Manga Master's long break to come up with new looks, new power-ups, 2 more new members joining, a new journey, and a new way to look forward to seeing One Piece in its New Era! =D I can't wait!

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 11:17 PM
if my understanding of the trans are correct

haki can feel all the things like mantra? or a sense of danger?

Luffy is gonna train like hell lol in every kind of environment every week lol

damane08
August 24, 2010, 11:18 PM
So it actually takes a LONG time for a person to learn how to completely use haki, that'll explain the 2 years thing. that huge time skip is kinda warranted then.

I can't wait to see how they look after two years time, i wonder how Oda will change them physically. If it does take a month's time before a chapter is released i think a part of me might just die within that time.

Jiggy-Ninja
August 24, 2010, 11:18 PM
That makes me wonder: Does X Drake know how to use Haki at all? You mention Smoker learning Haki, he is a Junshou right now, which is two ranks below Chuujou (commonly called "Vice-Admiral"). Drake used to be a Shoushou, which is the rank just under Chuujou. If all of the Chuujous and above are able to use Haki, it would make sense that some of the Marines just below them should have some knowledge of its workings.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 11:19 PM
When they reunite this is my flashback order from least to most interested:

-Brook, lol as much as I want to listen to "bone to be wild" its not that great LOL
-Nami, sounds kinda cool but I'm more interested in the weapon she will make from the weather ball and we don't need a flashback to see that
-Chopper, we will see his new medical abilities and his rumble ball I'm not really sure I flashback for him will be needed, unless he masters monster point
-Ussopp, He's just going to be running around an island getting stronger, shooting stuff, and making new bullets, once again we will see the end product i don't really care how he gets there....
- NOW WE GET INTERESTING
-Franky: I want to know all about Vegepunk, what he was like, what he's invented, I'm sure new and improved Franky would be cool but I'd like to see some flashbacks of him building stuff!!!!
-Sanji: My guess is that Sanji will learn Haki from Iva and I can't wait to see a flashback of Sanji fighting on level with Iva, hello monster trio #1
-Robin: I think we all want to see what she will learn from Dragon, but more importantly I'm just interested in his character and the plans of the revolutionaries!
-ZORO: OMG ZORO VS MIHAWK DUELS /dies, this will probably be the greatest flashbacks of OP so far, for me Oda can't dedicate enough chapters/pages to this monumental flashback!!!!

Ironically this chapter would be enough for me, we know Luffy's setting and we know what he'll be doing.... I'm not that fussed with seeing him master Haki, I'm sure he is going to be a beast on level with Yonkou by the end of this:

Sanji trained by Iva
Zoro trained by Mihawk
Luffy trained by Ray

OMG!!!! They will have to be renamed the devil trio I don't think monster will cut it hahaha

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 11:21 PM
He can obviously build on his own reputation in the NW, improve on his own strength-- that is possible

but first of first ,what is his purpose to be transfer to G-5 Marine base----to get close to his target ,who is his target?--- so, two years to go before even get a chance to see target again.

Smoker isn't a sitting duck you know. Off course we know what his true "target" is. It's not like he'll just wait around, killing time and doing nothing for 2 years. I can definitely see him as a VA in the future. The NW will teach him a lot of stuff as well; learning more about the kinds of Islands that are located in the region, geographical-knowledge in regards to pirates' territory, hideouts and loads of other stuff. During the time the SH's will be training, Smoker himself can be better prepared for them as well. Remember, a lot of people consider Smoker as the new "Garp" for Luffy...like the veteran Garp was to Roger lol. So sucessfully "cornering" Luffy in the future can only be done if he learns more about the New World himself, right? ;)

DARK
August 24, 2010, 11:22 PM
I'm curious to see Luffy's training on this island.
Please, Oda, please do not skip ahead. This is getting very, very interesting.

Rayleigh mentions that there are "500 beasts" Luffy is unable to fight against. An island that is able to change seasons every week. Luffy barely survived his training back when he and Ace were children. How will he muster up enough strength to overcome this?

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 11:25 PM
That makes me wonder: Does X Drake know how to use Haki at all? You mention Smoker learning Haki, he is a Junshou right now, which is two ranks below Chuujou (commonly called "Vice-Admiral"). Drake used to be a Shoushou, which is the rank just under Chuujou. If all of the Chuujous and above are able to use Haki, it would make sense that some of the Marines just below them should have some knowledge of its workings.

Good point and that's possible. Well in Smoker's case, yes he does; during that lil skimish with Boa, he recognised the Kuja's Haki ability. How much does he know or other marines in the similar rank as him? I don't know yet.

I'm sure X Drake has a significant amount of knowledge on the matter as well. I mean his rampagaing along the NW right now lol...whether he knows haki hasn't been confirmed but as a former ranked marine offcier I'm sure he knows fully well the power of haki. :)

tenebrae
August 24, 2010, 11:26 PM
I love the timeskip and everything looks like it is going to be amazing (except the one month break of course lol). The only thing i feel need to complain about is the tatoo i am dissapointed it has nothing to do with his brothers.

rickfox
August 24, 2010, 11:26 PM
Smoker isn't a sitting duck you know. Off course we know what his true "target" is. It's not like he'll just wait around, killing time and doing nothing for 2 years. I can definitely see him as a VA in the future. The NW will teach him a lot of stuff as well; learning more about the kinds of Islands that are located in the region, geographical-knowledge in regards to pirates' territory, hideouts and loads of other stuff. During the time the SH's will be training, Smoker himself can be better prepared for them as well. Remember, a lot of people consider Smoker as the new "Garp" for Luffy...like the veteran Garp was to Roger lol. So sucessfully "cornering" Luffy in the future can only be done if he learns more about the New World himself, right? ;)

as I stated in post #138----that is possible and likely to happend

and those events change nothing about what I stated in post #135---
he got two years ahead until encounter Straw Hat Pirates again

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 11:29 PM
I'm curious to see Luffy's training on this island.
Please, Oda, please do not skip ahead. This is getting very, very interesting.

Rayleigh mentions that there are "500 beasts" Luffy is unable to fight against. An island that is able to change seasons every week. Luffy barely survived his training back when he and Ace were children. How will he muster up enough strength to overcome this?

Good point actually, that's about 5 monsters a week! My god man thats a hell of a work rate, that makes Sanji's 99 masters look like childs play LOL!

Anyone else love the fact that Zoro already beat the Baboons, bet ya Mihawk is probably thinking "fuck man this guys growth rate is crazy". dalsfkjakljcvnlaskjdfhlakjdfh MIHAWK ZORO DUELS.....sorry I'm not going to beable to get over that for a while LOL!

I';ll say it once and I'll say it again, I don't mind the ts, but I don't like the arm message.... but I'm sure Oda isn't going to pull a Naruto, or DBZ... It is clear that the SH's are going to be crazy strong by the end of this ....

People made the point that the SH's really did coast along until they met Crocodile I'm sure it will be like that again until they meet there first Yonkou.....

DARK
August 24, 2010, 11:31 PM
if my understanding of the trans are correct

haki can feel all the things like mantra? or a sense of danger?

Luffy is gonna train like hell lol in every kind of environment every week lol

Mantra and Haki are interchangable, no?

Their properties are literally the same. Rayleigh's ability to sense the number of beasts on the island as well as their respective power levels is very similar to how Mantra was used in Skypiea.

The point of this training is, Luffy's senses must be sharpened beyond their limits for him to survive. This can only be done through Haki. With several beasts coming after him, Luffy cannot afford to do anything else.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 11:31 PM
as I stated in post #138----that is possible and likely to happend

and those events change nothing about what I stated in post #135---
two years ahead until encounter Straw Hat Pirates again

We don't know how long the transfer will take? Whether or not, it'll 100% go through immediately and what the current situation is with the WG and how it intends to shift/re-arrange it's bases/officers, etc.

Whatever way you look at it, Smoker has his mind set on moving into the NW. Yes. IMHO, he needs the first-hand experience of the NW and what it tastes like and maybe he'll understand and come to appreciate why the pirates in "Paradise" was such a bore for him. His logia ability played a crucial role, yes but the NW is completely different for everyone...

Ero-Sanji
August 24, 2010, 11:33 PM
See, Mihawk is softening up and Zoro is getting closer to him personally. I think this is a sign that Zoros last fight won't be with Mihawk, I mean he's going to train with him for 2 years, they will practically know each other very well by then...

Finally the Haki is explained and the message as well. Jinbei leaving is decreasing the chances of him joining, which is sad but on the other hand Fishman Island is up ahead so hopefully a new and a fresh character will join.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 11:35 PM
So what do we think guys Marco or BB to be the next Yonkou?!?!?

Also does it say anything about the chapter in one month being extra long?!?.... Did Kishi take a large break between SHippuuden and the Old Naruto or did he just do that gaiden arc?!?

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 11:41 PM
See, Mihawk is softening up and Zoro is getting closer to him personally. I think this is a sign that Zoros last fight won't be with Mihawk, I mean he's going to train with him for 2 years, they will practically know each other very well by then...

I said something similar earlier on about Zoro's last opponent. As for their relationship, you're right! I think they'll both take it seriously and at the same time realise one another's character in more depth. I sure hope Zoro's sense of direction improves as well. :XD

So what do we think guys Marco or BB to be the next Yonkou?!?!?

Also does it say anything about the chapter in one month being extra long?!?....

I can't see Marco becoming one tbh. Maybe, if he is able to keep and protect the territory that WB had and was known for!? The chances would increase. However, I can only see BB becoming one in the future atm.

There's no information on how long the next chapter will be after the one month break. I sure hope it's something special and is at least 40 pages long but who knows? I guess more info will be revealed/published at a later date. :)

Luffy: Why do you know what's living here and what's not? And their numbers?
Rayleigh: Don't you think it's unrelated to you... you must learn this power... the power known as "Haki"!!

Rayleigh-San!!! :wtf

elitefox
August 24, 2010, 11:44 PM
Mantra and Haki are interchangable, no?

Their properties are literally the same. Rayleigh's ability to sense the number of beasts on the island as well as their respective power levels is very similar to how Mantra was used in Skypiea.

The point of this training is, Luffy's senses must be sharpened beyond their limits for him to survive. This can only be done through Haki. With several beasts coming after him, Luffy cannot afford to do anything else.

I guess he'll have to literally eat 500 monsters to survive in 2 years of meat :D

not that they are interchangeable, haki has that property too?

yeah 99 masters looks childsplay to 500 monsters lol
masters and monsters
[hr]
I guess thats why seaking is like a puppy to rayleigh lol.

omegakai
August 24, 2010, 11:44 PM

...or a review...

I felt the same way originally but if you look at logically and not just as how you feel it should go it would be more unrealistic for luffy and crew to crossover into the new world with the high level of marines that would be on there tail they would be no hope that they would survive with out have to hide out and train anyway. with already high bounty the fact the he hit a WN and the knowledge that he is the son of dragon will make the marines send squads lead by vice admirals or an admiral at his crew, and we all no how that would end. At this point taking a year or two out to build up strength and knowledge of new forms of power will help them adapt to what is sure to be the greatest hell in the new world since the time of Rodger. I know alot of manga have fail after useless training or timeskips but I think at this point we can expect that one piece is still far from ending so with the crew stronger and world changing it will be a good time for Oda to show the new world as amazing place with super power enemies and creatures similar to Strong World. Only thing i and hoping the time skip does throw off the crew chemistry with each other so even if the story seem darker i hope the character still keep their kooky interactions

patz
August 24, 2010, 11:48 PM
I hope we'll get time skip next week. I'm dying to see the return of the crew already. It will be more exciting to explain the training the resule later when they face opponents. I'm just not interested to see how they train right now.

Bugzee
August 24, 2010, 11:50 PM
Come to think of it, two years in the OP world is a long time for us as well. Think how much flashback material Oda has...to cover. Obviously, not every single day/moment will be taken into account but it's still a hefty amount of flashback material waiting to be shown/revealed in future chapters. :blink

I guess it'll be spread out evenly throughtout the NW adventures.

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 11:51 PM
Also I kind of see perona and Boa both becoming Sh's now to round off the 10..... I just get the feeling like it is only at the captains and the 1st mate descression to bring aboard new crew members. And if Perona is going to spend the next 2 years looking after Zoro as he gets his ass handed to him by Mihawk (only at first of course :P) then I can see her and zoro becoming quite close. Plus by the end of this training I can see Luffy defeating Boa as proof that he's got control of haki and thus allowing boa to join the crew.......

I dunno not really convinced myself on the whole Boa thing, but I can't imagine Perona will want to leave Zoro, PLUS he is going to need a guide to get back to SA, sorry guys but I don't even think 2 years is enough time to cue Zoro pathetic sense of direction he would need 2 LIFE TIMES LOL :P

brian.ca
August 24, 2010, 11:52 PM
EPIC! Finally the message is explained and so is haki..... So it would seem there are merely 3 kinds of haki.... Wonder what the big deal about kings haki is though. Certainly luffy can impose himself over the weak but what good is that? The weak are not people who are a threat to luffy. I guess it makes sense mantra is a type of haki.... And then there is a type of haki which can specifically damage DF users or at least is specially useful against them. Odds are zoro will also learn haki from mihawk but what about sanji? He is going to learn to cook special food and okama kenpo along with a getting physically stronger but what good would that make without haki? At least zoro, sanji and luffy should be overall capable of fighting with admirals but without mastery of haki that is impossible.

I wouldn't say impossible... Franky presumably is now privy to Vegapunks real notes. Who's to say he won't learn how to work kairouseki and some of the upgrades to the strawhats might not come via improved weaponry? If Sanji were to spike his shoes with the stuff or wear kairouseki shin guards would he not be able to hit logia similiar to how smoker could hurt Luffy without haki since his weapon was tipped with it?

Kaizoku-O Luffy
August 24, 2010, 11:52 PM
I hope we'll get time skip next week. I'm dying to see the return of the crew already. It will be more exciting to explain the training the resule later when they face opponents. I'm just not interested to see how they train right now.

Haven't you heard one piece will be on break for 1 month. Yes this chapter and the previous chapter just a guide for us to learn and understand how they are gonna get stronger. We won't see training chapters but we might see it in the future chapters as a little flashbacks when they are fighting.

DARK
August 24, 2010, 11:53 PM
I guess he'll have to literally eat 500 monsters to survive in 2 years of meat :D

not that they are interchangeable, haki has that property too?

yeah 99 masters looks childsplay to 500 monsters lol
masters and monsters
<hr noshade size="1">
I guess thats why seaking is like a puppy to rayleigh lol.

That's true, you can't compare Sanji's training to anything Luffy will be up against.

That's like saying there's 500 Luffys roaming around on that island, only that they are much more powerful.

Skyrius
I just realized something amusing. You know how people were guessing left answer right over whether the bells or tattoo held the most significance? And then when it was confirmed people complained that Oda was too predictable? Well the point of the bells was a distraction? right? So Oda managed to distract not only the marines in story but also his fans into arguing in real life. XD I say he did a good job then, predictable or not.

On another note, while the training is undeniably badass, I can't help but worry over what sort of state the NW and the rest of the world in general will be like. It'll be even more dangerous with Blackbeard and the imbalance of power...

Andonan
I wouldn't say impossible... Franky presumably is now privy to Vegapunks real notes. Who's to say he won't learn how to work kairouseki and some of the upgrades to the strawhats might not come via improved weaponry? If Sanji were to spike his shoes with the stuff or wear kairouseki shin guards would he not be able to hit logia similiar to how smoker could hurt Luffy without haki since his weapon was tipped with it?

Dude I'm sure Iva can use Haki, her wink is probably Haki infused would be my geuss, mark my words Sanji will be a haki user in a month (IE 2 years in OP time)

Ravis
August 24, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hmm, Zoro and Parona together for two years, those two are either going to love each other or hate each other.

Still two years is asking alot from a group of people thats bardly been together for one, wonder if will loose some? Asking brook that is kinda crazy, wounder if some will go ahead and we see them later?

Andonan
August 24, 2010, 11:58 PM
Hmm, Zoro and Parona together for two years, those two are either going to love each other or hate each other.

Still two years is asking alot from a group of people thats bardly been together for one, wonder if will loose some? Asking brook that is kinda crazy, wounder if some will go ahead and we see them later?

That was always my problem with the whole 2 year thing.....Some of these SH's have only been around for like 2 months, it's hard to comprehend an attachment of only 2 months could extend to 2 years, however this is shounen and friends are the strongest bond in the world blah blah blah!!!

If it was me though I'm not sure I could just leave someone for 2 years go away and then expect to have the exact same relationship with them i did 2 years ago........but I'm sure this won't be a problem for the Straw hats hehe

DLord.Van.Buuren
August 25, 2010, 12:02 AM
what I'm wondering about is after this chapter the conclusion will arrive I mean will the timeskip occur after the break ?

Lugo
I'm also curious to see Luffy get mentally stronger with somewhat an good IQ level from Ray since hes a really smart but a badass old man. Plus I do want Lu to mature as well as get phenomenally stronger with using Haki and also new techniques (Maybe even a new more powerful Gear ability) Plus I hope he gets a badass new look in the next 2 years and even grow more taller to Hancock's hight ^//^ heh, then get rid of shorts and a short sleeve shirt things hes had for a while. =P lol

maybe something like to ware but with a flashy coat to add with. >v<

http://static.minitokyo.net/view/10/03/237660.jpg?One+Piece

creuss
the monster trio needs to learn haki... luffy is currently learning how to use it, the question is, how can the other two (zoro, sanji) learn it...

anyway, now it's confirmed dat enel's mantra is a type of haki... wat if he'll know about the other type if ever he'll come down to blue sea (i dont find any problem for him in learning the other types coz his haki is already awakened)... if he does, he'll sure become a monster...

Bugzee
August 25, 2010, 12:03 AM
haha Zoro x Perona. I think both Mihawk and Zoro will get fed up of Perona's moaning/screaming....for two years lol. I'm talking about her demands and whatnot. I would like to see Perona use the negative hollow on Mihawk. I don't think it'll have any effect on him but it would be amusing to see. :D

Maybe, Perona will be able to persuade/make the HumanDrill's her servants? haha!

Junaid_Sennin
August 25, 2010, 12:04 AM
Can anyone tell me what the furigana for the title says? I can't make it out. I know that we're supposed to read it as 3D2Y, but I'd still like to know what the furigana says.

I'm definitely not disappointed in this chapter, just in the one month without One Piece. I can live with a time skip, even if I'd rather see all the things that happen in that time, but it's still possible to have a time skip without taking a one month break. However, I understand that Oda-sensei is doing it to amass data etc.

SenninSage
August 25, 2010, 12:07 AM
Holy crap... much props Oda. Much props! This is awesome. No Straw Hat reunion for 2 years!?

Awesome, awesome, awesome :D

Luffy getting trained by Rayleigh. Zoro being trained by Mihawk... Damn, Luffy's crew is going to be all types of monstrous.

Junaid_Sennin
August 25, 2010, 12:09 AM
I also think Luffy should improve through more than just haki. He should become stronger and faster physically, and become a better fighter. He should learn to use a saber from Rayleigh, and since he already knows how to use a staff, he should get one. And I wonder how Luffy's aim with a pistol or rifle is, since he sucks with a cannon. Maybe he can improve on his Gomu-Gomu abilities too. I know there are a lot of people against Luffy using weapons like guns and swords, but I think, if we look at all the strong marines and pirates, from the New World, the Supernovae, all of them, they don't just rely on their primary fighting style, they all carry guns and other weapons.

DARK
August 25, 2010, 12:10 AM
what I'm wondering about is after this chapter the conclusion will arrive I mean will the timeskip occur after the break ?

Oda mentioned several times that he doesn't like training arcs, so it is possibility. He feels that it is better to show the results at once than to see characters gradually build themselves up.

So yeah, expect nearly 2 years of effort and training to fly by...

Andonan
August 25, 2010, 12:11 AM
the monster trio needs to learn haki... luffy is currently learning how to use it, the question is, how can the other two (zoro, sanji) learn it...

anyway, now it's confirmed dat enel's mantra is a type of haki... wat if he'll know about the other type if ever he'll come down to blue sea (i dont find any problem for him in learning the other types coz his haki is already awakened)... if he does, he'll sure become a monster...

Sanji learns from Iva
Zoro learns from Mihawk......

You can't be the best swordsman in the world and not be able to hit Logias
You can't be the right hand man/woman to the revolutionaries and not know what Haki is........

I also agree that this is how Oda is going to get around Zoro not facing Mihawk at the end......What I'd imagine is that by the end of this TS Zoro will know how strong he has to be to challenge the strongest and when he reaches that point he shall know that he is stronger....the fight would be somewhat redundant by that point anyway especially if they are going to fight every day for the next 2 years LOL!

Bugzee
August 25, 2010, 12:13 AM
I know there are a lot of people against Luffy using weapons like guns and swords, but I think, if we look at all the strong marines and pirates, from the New World, the Supernovae, all of them, they don't just rely on their primary fighting style, they all carry guns and other weapons.

That's certainly true. Even BB and the likes use guns, etc but what kind of weapon besides the gomu gomu ability would suit Luffy's fighting style? That's the problem I find with stuff like guns and swords. It just doesn't suit him right now. Maybe, during the time skip he'll learn to use another weapon and becoming of age will "compliment" this new fighting style/ability with what he has already learned/used from the gomu gomu no mi. :D

DLord.Van.Buuren
August 25, 2010, 12:17 AM
Oda mentioned several times that he doesn't like training arcs, so it is possibility. He feels that it is better to show the results at once than to see characters gradually build themselves up.

So yeah, expect nearly 2 years of effort and training to fly by...

I guess its better that way, he will find it kind of hard to shift the attention each time on a each member. It makes sense actually to skip the whole thing with a big entrance at the end of the break may be the reunin itself will take sometime.

creuss
August 25, 2010, 12:19 AM

one thing's for sure: buggy will be one of the shichi replacements :p

Kaizoku-O Luffy
August 25, 2010, 12:20 AM

Zoro can use Kenbun-shoku haki, which happened during daz bones fight. He will probably develop during his training with Mihawk. But sanji needs to learn from the beginning.

rickfox
August 25, 2010, 12:24 AM

I am not a Perona hater,but I do not want to see that happen.

Bugzee
August 25, 2010, 12:25 AM
one thing's for sure: buggy will be one of the shichi replacements :p

I would be devastated if the WG invitation is anything else other than a Shichibukai invite! T_T It has to come true! :shakefist

I'm curious now has to who'll be chosen to replace Gecko? It would be pretty sweet if Kidd gained the Shichibukai status after the two year timeskip but I have mixed feelings as to whether or not that should actually happen.

Rowel
August 25, 2010, 12:27 AM
Oda is making luffy not master haki from the get go he is gonna learn basics now then improve and master as the story progresses just like what he did with devil fruit. This is what is gonna happen to other character as well. Like sanji and zoro where they will become strong but not to the point where they will be able to defeat their teachers.

Fox666
August 25, 2010, 12:29 AM
What I find out interesting is the wereabout of secondary characters left open and be answered 2 years after:

- Luffy's bounty (and the rest of Strawhats?)
- Hancock Shichibukai status and Amazon Lily
- Buggy's letter
- The next Fleet Admiral
- The next Shichibukai
- The "dead" Kuma confronting Duval and Shakky
- Moria's situation
- Blackbeard "one step ahead" to become the next Yonkou
- Bonney captured by the marines
- Drake provoking Kaidou
- Law waiting to enter the New World
- Etc

Shachida
August 25, 2010, 12:31 AM
I don't mind the 2 years training at all. The only thing I'm wondering will go smoothly is how the other supernova's (and other characters) will progress to still have them be relevant somehow. Like others have said it would be silly to have the other supernovas easily progress through the new world somehow and grow in strength whilst doing it, if they can why couldn't the strawhats? I hope it will all make sense in the end.

creuss
August 25, 2010, 12:33 AM
I would be devastated if the WG invitation is anything else other than a Shichibukai invite! T_T It has to come true! :shakefist

I'm curious now has to who'll be chosen to replace Gecko? It would be pretty sweet if Kidd gained the Shichibukai status after the two year timeskip but I have mixed feelings as to whether or not that should actually happen.

well, if dat's gonna happen, we'll be expecting to see clashes between kidd and dofla (though i think dolfa's gonna eat dat overconfident brat)...

and don't yah worry, buggy's gonna become a shichi, dat's for sure:grin

Injuis
August 25, 2010, 12:39 AM
I gotta say, I don't like the fact that Zoro is getting trained by Mihawk. It kinda ruins his path to his ambition. Now I get the feeling that Mihawk will not fight in the future. I always expected Zoro to fight Mihawk on his own terms and now that situation is kinda awkward. As others have said, they'll likely be on friendly terms by the end of the training. On the bright side, I guess it's cool that zoro is being trained by the absolute best.

Bugzee
August 25, 2010, 12:40 AM
I don't mind the 2 years training at all. The only thing I'm wondering will go smoothly is how the other supernova's (and other characters) will progress to still have them be relevant somehow. Like others have said it would be silly to have the other supernovas easily progress through the new world somehow and grow in strength whilst doing it, if they can why couldn't the strawhats? I hope it will all make sense in the end.

I understand what you mean. I don't think the Supernovas will have it all easy and cruise through the NW. Look at Cape!? lol It'll be interesting to see what happens to him. I'm sure many of them will go through difficult situations and tough opponents. Some will lose crew members, others will gain in fortune or obtain some land/region maybe?

I'm so excited to see more of the NW; the possiblities are endless imo. This is Oda we're talking about. :noworry

I wonder when Law will travel into the NW. Will he too wait two years before making a move? :p

well, if dat's gonna happen, we'll be expecting to see clashes between kidd and dofla (though i think dolfa's gonna eat dat overconfident brat)...

and don't yah worry, buggy's gonna become a shichi, dat's for sure:grin

I hope you're right. :D

Xenos3421
August 25, 2010, 12:41 AM
I was joking with my friends that this was the "hyper-bolic time chamber" saga of One piece.

I didn't think 2 years.. WOW.

This is epic. This...has never happened.. Who even remembers the last time Oda's got 4 WHOLE weeks off?? In 13 years.. well... Kinda deserves a break.
I can't even imagine how everybody's gonna change.. Great. now i'm gonna be freaking out for a month.

Rowel
August 25, 2010, 12:51 AM
What I find out interesting is the wereabout of secondary characters left open and be answered 2 years after:

- Buggy's letter
- The next Fleet Admiral
- The next Shichibukai
- Moria's situation
- Drake provoking Kaidou
- Etc

- The ramifications of releasing all those high level prisoners out into the world.

I seriously hope oda touches on that

huynhlan
August 25, 2010, 12:53 AM
I guess with the 4 weeks break, naruto will take the title king of jump, but when one piece:the new world come out, man the votes for naruto and other manga will be like 100 or less while one piece will be like 700 votes and stuff, man I can't wait to see what the crew look like in two years, and I'm also curious on the order they are going to reunite. I guess the order will be like the begining with zoro and luffy unite first then nami, ussop, sanji, etc... the same order they join the group, man I can't wait for chapter 598. I can't believe this is happening the manga return on the same day as my first day in college.

peinfollower
August 25, 2010, 12:59 AM
Wow, 2 years huh? That is a lot if time, I just hope the next month practically flies buy because I really want to see how the crew improves, also because Im dying to see how Sanji reacts when he finds out what island Luffy was on.

elitefox
August 25, 2010, 01:03 AM
No woman is allowed on this island for two years XD

Lol, Rayleigh declaring reverse Amazon lily?

Luffy got no hancock spoiling for two years ooh, I guess Luffy got to eat some monster stew

JesseZojo
August 25, 2010, 01:13 AM
I know the 4 week break was confirmed...but was it confirmed in 598 that the next chapter will be "Two years later..."?

BlindMunkey
August 25, 2010, 01:23 AM
I think I speak for everyone when i say this.
Favorite Song as of today: Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends!

besides that.. man oh man! feels like screaming. so much that i would like to know. but overall cant wait to see the crew after 2 years. good night folks.

sLiVeRmx
August 25, 2010, 01:25 AM
For those who are saying that the time skip was a bad idea:

The main reason for this to happend is for the SHs became stronger (obviously), but by making this, Oda will avoid to fall in a deux ex machina. I'd be very annoyed if after one and half years (I'm talking about the last 100 chapters of the manga) of getting their asses kicked; they suddenly will be able to manage fighting against strong foes, without any other explanations rather that they became stronger while fighting.

Another thing, is that it seems that the final enemy of Zoro would be Shiliew (Shiryū), making this BB the final 'boss' in one piece.

StrangePath
August 25, 2010, 01:25 AM
Awesome chapter as usual :D
So, every people in the world has haki:)

Super Awesome!!!

See you folks after 1 month...

Andonan
August 25, 2010, 01:30 AM
You gotta remember guys haki isn't anything special, it's just will, intimidation, and presence....... There is no crew that has more will than the SH, no trio that isn't as intimidating as the monster trio and no person with more presence than Luffy!!!

This may be "learning the basics" but Luffy will get to grips with all three facets very quickly!

CP10
August 25, 2010, 01:33 AM
4 WEEKS! NO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
R U SERIOUS!!!!!!
i can't live without it even for half a week OMG
But this week chapter is pretty good, at least we know something about haki
NO~~~~~~~~~~~~4 week~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elitefox
August 25, 2010, 01:34 AM
For those who are saying that the time skip was a bad idea:

The main reason for this to happend is for the SHs became stronger (obviously), but by making this, Oda will avoid to fall in a deux ex machina. I'd be very annoyed if after one and half years (I'm talking about the last 100 chapters of the manga) of getting their asses kicked; they suddenly will be able to manage fighting against strong foes, without any other explanations rather that they became stronger while fighting.

Another thing, is that it seems that the final enemy of Zoro would be Shiliew (Shiryū), making this BB the final 'boss' in one piece.

I beg to disagree with final boss ;)

I think he will be the final boss before Luffy reaches one piece and become PK...

Who's the final boss? my bet is on WG :D

Andonan
August 25, 2010, 01:39 AM
How old is Oda btw?!? because at this rate this manga is going to go for another 26 years LOL!!!!

It has taken 13 years for part 1, then 13 years for New World, then ANOTHER 13 years for the war with the WG over the void century!!!! LOL!

I do see this manga having 3 parts (those which I just listed)

I just can't wait to see Luffy age 19, I hope he does look like the Luffy from Romance dawn, I liked the chin hair haha

kitteejazz
August 25, 2010, 02:00 AM
I'm screaming my head off to know whats the crew and how srong the crew will get, I think the time skip will be a good idea but why do we have to have a real time skip!! 4 weeks!! thats way~~~ to long!! T_T but I understand that Oda has to gather information..but....4 weeks. still can't wait to see everyone after 2 years.....someones comeing back with long or longer hair!!

TheBlackLotus
August 25, 2010, 02:00 AM

- Buggy's letter
- The next Fleet Admiral
- The next Shichibukai
- Moria's situation
- Drake provoking Kaidou
- Etc

It's likely when OP returns we'll have a chapter, maybe 2 that will explain major events over the next two years such as Buggy's letter, the replacement Shichibukai, the rise of the next fleet admiral, any bounty increases, and maybe what some characters are currently doing such as the supernovas. The rest will probably be kept quiet until it comes time for Oda to reveal it. Maybe Oda will do this for 598 and 599 to allow 600 to be the first chapter 2 years later with Rayleigh and Luffy traveling back to SA and the rest of the crew finding each other. Can't wait to see how much stronger the crew gets after training for 2 years.

senewe
August 25, 2010, 02:07 AM
Gosh... damn you Oda. this chapter is the best. haki, two years timeskip, 4 weeks hiatus. well for me the title is "4W2Y"

and I'm so sorry for those who said mantra is not haki...

but one question. what about if there is logia user who can use king haki?
I'll be happy with 'if you eat logia fruit, you can't control your haki to the fullest"

Esg876
August 25, 2010, 02:08 AM
FOUR WEEKS??? Quick someone go invent a time machine or put me in cold storage so time goes by faster :p. Love what Oda is doing tho, no bleach crap where they lose the fight then find some super training method thats 500x slower then RL so they power up in 1 day...

If this really is the end of Part 1, heres hoping for another amazing generation of One Piece! Although if this manga goes on that much longer its gonna be strange reading it at 30+ with kids of my own...

Jadedmariner
August 25, 2010, 02:13 AM
FOUR WEEKS??? Quick someone go invent a time machine or put me in cold storage so time goes by faster :p. Love what Oda is doing tho, no bleach crap where they lose the fight then find some super training method thats 500x slower then RL so they power up in 1 day...

If this really is the end of Part 1, heres hoping for another amazing generation of One Piece! Although if this manga goes on that much longer its gonna be strange reading it at 30+ with kids of my own...

Haha careful there is a South Park that shows the danger with that kind of plan. Afterall, what are you going to do if you go so far into the future OP doesn't even exist anymore!?

baka-burg
August 25, 2010, 02:31 AM
mmmhhh...SUPER. Finally a proper explanation of Haki. Waited so long for this. I still find it weird that the Kuma-Sunny and the Buggy thing isn't revealed. Well whatever.

WAIT A MOMENT. 4 weeks no chap. (DOING!!). I'm going to bite my tongue. I'm doing it right now. I'm doing it.

I hope this is really for the good of OP. It better is.

Lee-tyme7
August 25, 2010, 02:38 AM
I don't understand it's ch. 597 and only 2 more chap left before 600. Why not keep going and end part 1 at 599 instead? Then they can continue part 2 off from ch. 600, that way it'll be better.

vagabond87
August 25, 2010, 02:44 AM
Now we all know what Admirals used during the war to protect platform from Whitebeards quake attacks so that shield haki probably will protect luffy from some DF powers of his enemies.

elitefox
August 25, 2010, 02:49 AM
mmmhhh...SUPER. Finally a proper explanation of Haki. Waited so long for this. I still find it weird that the Kuma-Sunny and the Buggy thing isn't revealed. Well whatever.

WAIT A MOMENT. 4 weeks no chap. (DOING!!). I'm going to bite my tongue. I'm doing it right now. I'm doing it.

I hope this is really for the good of OP. It better is.

Kuma will be integrated with the Sunny so that the sunny will now have AI and natural shockwave from paw paw fruit and not from cola, ridiculous eeheehehe:darn

I think we just are so anticipated of the upcoming new world adventure:D
[hr]

I don't understand it's ch. 597 and only 2 more chap left before 600. Why not keep going and end part 1 at 599 instead? Then they can continue part 2 off from ch. 600, that way it'll be better.

Didn't you hear Oda just listened to Green Day's "Wake me up when september ends" so he is skipping September :p

baka-burg
August 25, 2010, 02:51 AM

Well I don't know what's so great about numbers being even, but it is still possible to make chap 600 the 'united again'-chapter. There are some things to be clarified that shouldn't wait for 2Y.

I'm wondering if Hancock will be able to stay away from the island without getting lovesick again. This break could be a way to cool her down a little bit.

I think the Mihawk training Zoro thing could be well a hint for Mihawk not being the final goal of Zoro's attempt to become the greatest swordsman.

Rosebullet Teacher
August 25, 2010, 02:53 AM
I was having a bad week.... Then this happens. . . Now my face might break from smiling!

Zoro murks the baboons as a sidenote, stashes his pride & buckles down, this friendship is heartwarming as hell(I reread chapter 485 atleast once a week)its like Wu-Tang when they dropped Enter The 36th Chamber! 2 years of possibility just fell into our laps all those side characters you like are going through that too, (personally I gotta see Crocodile after this) plus The Pirate Kings right-hand training The Indomitable Monkey D Luffy with 500+ monsters he stands no chance against. Its so serious he even takes off the hat OHMYGOD face...bre..a..king!
FuS

Darek Khort
August 25, 2010, 02:58 AM
I have mixed feelings about this chapter.
I love how Rayleigh explains haki so we finally have something solid as for what it is all about.
However, I dislike the explanation for the 3D2Y thing. 2 Years is hellishly long. Of course understandably the 48 seasons island Luffy is on will be filled with adventures so Luffy won't get bored.
BUT; my biggest gripe is with the 3D2Y tattoo alone as the message - because like someone mentioned before, this message relies ENTIRELY on the photographer actually getting the tattoo properly in the picture. If not, all fails.

El-Thor
August 25, 2010, 03:04 AM
OMG Luffy left his hat ?! Oda what's up witih that

vagabond87
August 25, 2010, 03:07 AM
If it didnt worked and photographer didnt get tatoo Luffy would make another big incident making sure that tatoo is on the newspaper. Btw I didnt saw tatoo on Luffys arm in this chapter. Is it still there or I missed it? If not it was only painted on his skin.. Thats good because his tatoo looke like using same idea of design twice.

fcToho
August 25, 2010, 03:09 AM
So after all this guy from another forum (or the other forum) has predicted the timeskip exactly right. ;)
Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2029429#post2029429)

Sry, but I can't find the real post.

And 2 years hm? Woh, that will change a lot. People are afraid of changes. ;) But it will be good, I think we can trust Oda. :D

Lee-tyme7
August 25, 2010, 03:10 AM
No woman is allowed on this island for two years XD

Lol, Rayleigh declaring reverse Amazon lily?

Luffy got no hancock spoiling for two years ooh, I guess Luffy got to eat some monster stew

LMAO!! Yeah, Rayleigh sounded like Rocky Balboa's old coach, "Women gives you dead legs!" :p

vagabond87
August 25, 2010, 03:10 AM
OMG Luffy left his hat ?! Oda what's up witih that

He will probably pick it up in the beginning of next chapter.. And it will be first time when we saw him again(I dont mean that he will left his hat for two years:p).. Chapter isnt out yet and I cant wait to see older versions of characters:darn

Lee-tyme7
August 25, 2010, 03:20 AM
Didn't you hear Oda just listened to Green Day's "Wake me up when september ends" so he is skipping September :p

I wonder if anybody will make a AMV about that, lol. :D

LeDuck
August 25, 2010, 03:32 AM
Not very happy about this at all.
Why 2 years? Is it really necessary for them to train that long? They've been travelling for how long? 6 months?

Sure it's going to be nice when they reunite, but I still think he's overdoing it. >.>

Evil Strawhats
August 25, 2010, 03:35 AM
I think everybody will change during the next 2 years, perhaps Luffy gets a beard :eyeroll

But two years... there are so many Questions what will happen during these 2 years:

Who will be a new shichibukai? What about the other supernovas? What will Blackbeard do during these 2 years? What willl happen to the Rest of the Whitebeard Pirates? I just can`t wait a whole month to get the Answers, please oda, tell them to me:darn:darn:darn

DeathLion
August 25, 2010, 03:41 AM
Naruto also got 2.5 years time skip.and even after the he didn't evolve that much.
i mean kishimoto didn't cross a human level while growing naruto.
so i can also hope that odo will do the same with SH.
i mean if SH become monsters than there wouldn't be any fun left in reading OP.
And considering odo way of doing thing i can tell this time skip will not be much of a change for OP world.

El-Thor
August 25, 2010, 03:42 AM
I have complete faith in Oda, but just to announce my personal concern, I hope OP won't turn into a Naruto Shippuuden.. because that sucked big giant balls of steel.

But dang, two years.... the relationship just won't feel the same when they meet each other after being away for so long. The chemistry will be gone :(

tensort
August 25, 2010, 03:56 AM
I have mixed feelings about this chapter.
I love how Rayleigh explains haki so we finally have something solid as for what it is all about.
However, I dislike the explanation for the 3D2Y thing. 2 Years is hellishly long. Of course understandably the 48 seasons island Luffy is on will be filled with adventures so Luffy won't get bored.
BUT; my biggest gripe is with the 3D2Y tattoo alone as the message - because like someone mentioned before, this message relies ENTIRELY on the photographer actually getting the tattoo properly in the picture. If not, all fails.

Well have you ever seen luffy relying on other things than arbitrary stuff like that ? I like it this way, it is one piece magic ;)

Katz
August 25, 2010, 03:56 AM
I have complete faith in Oda, but just to announce my personal concern, I hope OP won't turn into a Naruto Shippuuden.. because that sucked big giant balls of steel.

But dang, two years.... the relationship just won't feel the same when they meet each other after being away for so long. The chemistry will be gone :(

Oda is a master at what he does, OP will be just as good as it is now, if not better, as for the strawhats chemistry I think it will stay extremely strong, cause they focus around one point and that's "reunion with each other and they're captain"

but we'll see.....godamn a month is a long time to wait for a manga chapter...Bleach and Naruto better get really good to slightly fill my void ^^

kaizokumarcee
August 25, 2010, 03:59 AM
the tree behind the rock where Luffy left his hat looks like the one from Strong World. the one that beasts avoid. maybe that's why Luffy thought it was safe to put it there. hehe. Strong World easter egg :p

hy4k
August 25, 2010, 04:01 AM
i honestly think all the supernovas are fucked, even the 200 million+ ones

if luffy thinks they need 2 years of training to navigate the new world the other supernovas stand no chance. i already thought luffy was the strongest supernova and strawhats were certainly the strongest supernova crew

LeDuck
August 25, 2010, 04:07 AM
I like that Oda takes 4 weeks off, it shows that he wants to plan everything perfectly for the New World and not mess anything up.

Melkart
August 25, 2010, 04:20 AM
Well regarding the tattoo i could agree with those saying it was just up to luck to have a pic on newspapers portraiting it as clear as possible (so there was no way to know if other SH would even be able to see it). But thinking about it, a journalist writing an article on the man (the talk of the town after the war), surely would have write about that in his article. Writing something like "Strawhat luffy managed to survive the marineford war and shown his face up again, he did the ox bell thingie. A new tattoo appeared on his right arm etc etc).

vagabond87
August 25, 2010, 04:20 AM
i honestly think all the supernovas are fucked, even the 200 million+ ones

if luffy thinks they need 2 years of training to navigate the new world the other supernovas stand no chance. i already thought luffy was the strongest supernova and strawhats were certainly the strongest supernova crew

They had strongest wills form all supernovas and most powerefuel crew is that of Kidd- SH would of course win thanks to their.. willpower of course:p

esamarie
August 25, 2010, 04:26 AM
I'm still not too happy to accept the 2 years time skip. But I guess they were really quite weak to go all out against the WG and the other pirates in the New World. I assume that after 2 years a lot of the supernovas had been knocked off the race to One Piece (except maybe for Kidd, Law, Hawkins and Drake). Maybe after 2 years, the strawhats' infamy had gone done the drain that they will take everyone in surprise during their comeback. I like people underestimating them just like in Jaya.

vagabond87
August 25, 2010, 04:33 AM
I dont think that supernovas will be fucked up because SH had very fast adventures without any care about many things. We dont know how long SN were sailing seas before they entered New World. probably some of them were getting ready from really long time. For example Drake already have great advantage thanks to his knowledge(Pacifistas, marines structures that he was part of, balance of power in New World, things about people like Kaidou etc..). Straw hats know almost nothing about the New World. They can try with level of power they represent but propably they would fail mainly because of lack of knowledge needed in New World. Supernovas wont hav so much of advantage on the other hand as some of the people are implying because they grow slowly jut like strawhats and without power they cant do much. So in 2 years maby BB will be emperor(or close to it) but Kidd or Law? Not possible.

Doomchen
August 25, 2010, 04:38 AM
I don't like the timeskip as I have quite some problems with it. Two years seems just too long. Not only in what will happen to the introduced supernovas, supposedly most will just be dead which is disappointing but think about it another way: it took the mugiwaras like what, 4-6 month at best to get past the grand line, that leaves room for four or more groups of rookies, which are out there as we had the whitebeard trigger, to make it to the new world even before the mugiwaras. Lets suppose most of them die, but some will be left and that seems to lead to a whole new bunch of enemies. Also, two years of just training will make everyone incredibly strong as it would not seem right to let them just come back with one new move or something like that. Not to mention that there would be a lot of interesting things happening during the timeskip to explain. But well, can't be worse than the 4 weeks of waiting until the next chapter :/

masterb8tr
August 25, 2010, 04:40 AM
I guess magellan would be a good choice for the next fleet admiral:p. I really wonder what happened to shakky:p if she was kidnapped and she was still carrying the vivre card the straw hat's could meet up in an awesome location. Perhaps the marine base at SA.

mars0103
August 25, 2010, 05:07 AM
So the next chapter is in a month or will oda do a naruto and have a gaiden on other bits of the world. I think that in the next chapter it will be to things everyone will say iam off at there repected level up sites or staight to SA. I hope oda put romance in the story lines now because they are all older now so it wounldnt be real life with out it. sanji will be a lady :)

Shiro-kun
August 25, 2010, 05:09 AM
The month break may be to improvise on the new character designs for the manga and to revitalized what happens post time skip. So its understandable for Oda to take that step in order to make sense of recent events.

Also Oda isnt just doing this for vacation time, its difficult to make some transitions work..and seeing from previous examples of other series sometimes timeskips do not work out or felt considerably different alienating some fans so Oda taking a break is for the best of the manga.

benelori
August 25, 2010, 05:11 AM
I like these developments a lot...when there's training arc, then it's training no few days or months, but 2 whole years...that just speaks about the level of the enemies out there...I think this will be great...I love training arcs a lot, so I expect nice results from the Haki training and sword as well...

Kinda expected Zoro to ask Mihawk, Mihawk being the best swordsman out there, so I like this a lot...too bad for the pause I guess...

sarutobi_sensei
August 25, 2010, 05:33 AM
My bet is that Luffy will get better on Hahoushoku and the Armor Color. He'll only be able to use the remaining one of he needs it, like if he's really in danger.

Damn this crew is going to become a fucking beast!

Luffy training with Rayleigh, Zoro with Mihawk, Sanji with Ivankov, Franky learning new stuff from Vegapunk's lab, Robin learning new info from Dragon. Damn epic.

I'm sad and thrilled that there is a timeskip. Because One Piece manga won't come out for 4 weeks. But when it comes out it'll be damn epic.

hy4k
August 25, 2010, 05:53 AM
most powerefuel crew is that of Kidd

nah, i'd defnitely disagree with that. kidd's crew was ok but i dont think killer would last 5 minutes against someone with actual skill like zoro

as for the rest, they cant really compare to the strawhats. all of the strawhats are very skilled and more importantly they're practically invincible as a team

the strawhats managed to take down a pacifista by themselves. the kidd pirates and heart pirates had to combine their forces and drake/hawkins/urouge didn't manage it (although they had kizaru on their tail).

Luffy training with Rayleigh, Zoro with Mihawk, Sanji with Ivankov, Franky learning new stuff from Vegapunk's lab, Robin learning new info from Dragon. Damn epic.

yeah. i think chopper will become pretty strong as well through his reasearch as he may find a way to make more zoan forms. likewise i think usopp's going to turn into bullseye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kooFvrKI46U) with some badass armour to boot.

only one i'm worried about is brook

minimz
August 25, 2010, 05:58 AM
haha, seems to be an amazing chapter! Maybe luffy forced the photographer to take that picture and publish it, or when he saw a photographer, he jumped in and made a pose... or it's really sabo writing the article and he took the picture for the credibility of his article (and perhaps maybe even confirmed with luffy what it should be like?)!! haha :P ohhh the possibilities!! <== I only intended that as a joke, but maybe it has to do with SOMETHING because every panel/line that a character says is important the OP manga, so sabo saying that he wanted to be a journalist may hint us towards somthing...

Nevertheless, this was amazing... Is it safe to say no one guessed it was 3D2Y? Now that I look bad, the top one really looks like a 2 or B, and the latter two definitely looks like 2Y. Not only did the sea burial and bell distract the worlds attention, it distracted our (the readers) attention a bit, even though some people noticed the tattoo may have something to do with it!

sarutobi_sensei
August 25, 2010, 05:59 AM
Well, Luffy's disadvantage towards the other crews is that they will be on the New World for 2 years.

Sure Luffy will be plenty strong and so will his Nakama's, but they'll be so far behind. Lion chan has to go really fast :D

benelori
August 25, 2010, 06:03 AM
Well, Luffy's disadvantage towards the other crews is that they will be on the New World for 2 years.

Sure Luffy will be plenty strong and so will his Nakama's, but they'll be so far behind. Lion chan has to go really fast :D

I think this 2 years are not important just because of the powerups...I think they have a great influence, because they will have a chance facing admirals and such, also other crews, but Luffy made some important allies who can help him advance better in the new world...I mean Jinbei, Hancock, Rayleigh are important people, I just wish they would join his crew...

Mythsoul
August 25, 2010, 06:06 AM
awesome...everyone is taking their time to fine tune their skills and get stronger.........can't wait to see Luffy kick some ass using Haki.....and damn ......4 WEEKS WITH NO ONE PIECE..ahhhhhhhhhhh

kidopitz27
August 25, 2010, 06:06 AM
wow so there are many types of haki thats cool and his going to teach luffy the basic three so luffy is gonna have a lot of power ups and his crew 2 years is a long period of training so all of SH crew will
ussop will get thin so and become a great sniper
sanji will learn a lot in the new kama kingdom
zoro will become strong or even learn haki from mihawk or even surpass mihawk

this time skip will surprise us all in October issue

creuss
August 25, 2010, 06:11 AM
hey guys.. u seem to have forgotten the man who made this (training/power-ups) possible... "the tyrant", bartholomew kuma...

so, we all have to say this: "thank you, kuma"

hy4k
August 25, 2010, 06:15 AM
hey guys.. u seem to have forgotten the man who made this (training/power-ups) possible... "the tyrant", bartholomew kuma...

acting under dragon's orders no doubt.

creuss
August 25, 2010, 06:18 AM
acting under dragon's orders no doubt.

probably

frontaLobotomy
August 25, 2010, 07:04 AM
Wow, from what's been shown this looks to be an excellent chapter. Getting to know what Haki is all about is a big deal. Zoro learning from Mihawk is a strange one, but I suppose if he's beaten all of the baboons then it's theo nly way for him to get stronger. The training island Luffy and Rayleigh are on is pretty cool, knowing there are monsters out there that even Luffy can't deal with right now says a lot about how strong the New World will be.

All that remains is the next chapter, will it start with Luffy waiting for his crew at Saboady, or will there be elements of training thrown in? I'd like to think he'll hit the ground running, and we can get on with the story.
This only just occurred to me, but won't it have been 2 years realtime since the Straw Hats were last together by the time this break is over? I'd say it's gotta be pretty close to that.

Lord.Strife
August 25, 2010, 07:07 AM
Okay this is the final chapter of one piece. Looking forward to the one piece the new world.

I am really hoping that luffy will physically grow.

Predicting the first chapter on of the new world will be meeting of each member of the straw hats and each member crushing the new supernovas that will have appeared. Hopefully nobody recognizes until they have completely owned someone and declaring they they are back

Final battle will not be against bb but against the world government ie the garosei, kong etc. Also the crowning of the pirate king this time will be the major event that the revolutions have waited for since this time the king ie luffy will have united all the NW grand line and will officially war the WG

NW pirates+revolutionars vs world government. The war to end all wars.

I think that the white beard pirates are going to have some preparation to prepare for so will lay quiet for 2 years since White beards words before the end was protect that boy referring to luffy when talking to his crew. The WB pirates will support luffy against the big pirate crews.

Boa might be able to join the crew since i don't think she has reached her full potential yet. All the action is gonna be in the new world

Could really see the straw hats vastly outnumbered when the wb pirates appear as battle allies.

i can't WAIT 4 weeks