PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Jewelry Bonny...what is her relationship with the World Government and Whitebeard?

OdaForPresident
August 23, 2010, 10:57 AM
Aikanu was pretty happy when he caught Bonny. But why?

Personally I think that she is/was very close to Whitebeard. When Whitebeard was killed we could see Bonny crying, afterwards we saw her swear revenge on someone. Now this seems to have been Blackbeard.

So maybe she's actually WB's daughter. Though it does seem weird that WB would put so much focus on family but not his own daughter. Maybe she has some other relation to him.

Also why would the WG want her so bad? It it because of this relationship or is it because of her powers?

What do you think?

Fox666
August 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hmm, I still feel that Whitebeard was her idol, much like Luffy would react if Roger was still alive and was betrayed like Whitebeard was.

undertoe
August 23, 2010, 11:44 AM
It doesn't seem like the WG wanted her THAT bad; Kizaru wasn't exactly beating down the doors to get her on Sabaody. This seems like more of a personal thing for Akainu.

tret16
August 23, 2010, 11:47 AM
i think it's mainly because of her power... my first assumption when that scene came up was that she used to work for the WG, and they were using her ability to keep there soldiers young maybe. Since she seems to be able to change the age of anyone she likes, it would be a great thing to have so that your stronger soldiers never age and get weak ever again. Either that or maybe she's able to control her own age as well and perhaps she's been alive from before the WG was around and she know's that secret about them that only roger and his crew seem to know about.

undertoe
August 23, 2010, 12:33 PM
^Your second thought there is a pretty interesting notion...

Spam286
August 23, 2010, 12:35 PM
I'm unsure. If she was beholden to the WG recently then I'm tempted to think she has a role to play in the pacifista project (maybe artificially ageing baby kuma clones), but from the way she was introduced with the other Supernovas as someone who's travelled the Grand Line I don't think that's the case.

She is also still considered a rookie; I would have thought that if she'd been around for a while, i.e. since Roger's era or before, she would have been known to more than just the WG.

I do like the idea of her idolising WB much as Luffy does Shanks, it makes sense, WB protected a lot of islands and it's not a long shot to guess that one of them was hers, maybe he saved her personally from some menace to her island.

As for the admirals, well, we don't know exactly how much information Kizaru had about the rookies on Shaboady, and he is an ADHD suffering space traveller, and had the express purpose of going after Luffy. So the idea that it's something personal to Akainu based only on that is pretty tenuous.

Aikidoka
August 23, 2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, about WB, I agree with most everyone about the idolizing theory, doesn't seem to be any more than that.

And either it's something personal to Akainu, Kizaru's senility like Spam pointed out, or she's only somewhat important to the WG...like, it was a bonus that Akainu caught her but they didn't care enough to actively send people to catch her.

tret16
August 23, 2010, 02:54 PM
Age doesn't seem to matter when it comes to being a rookie, i mean look at drake, he was once a marine vice admiral and he is now concidered a rookie pirate... Jewelry bonny could have been just laying low or she could have been working for the marines her whole life and then she got sick of working for them or something must have happened and she left but the WG didn't like that because of her ability and they gave her a high bounty because of how importent she is... Remember Robin was only a little kid when she got her bounty but had not done a things to get that bounty, they just saw her as a threat to there reputation...

zerocooldx
August 23, 2010, 03:41 PM
I think she is a bit similar to Sabo. In the sense that she belongs to a noble family, except unlike Sabo's family Bonny's has strong ties to the WG. I say that because i think if she was related to pirates, or a famous pirate, she would have probably been killed by now. And when Akainu caught up to her he seemed to have been revealed that he caught her, instead of showing signs that he intended to kill her. Because if she was someone Akainu wanted dead then he would have treated her like he treated Luffy when he went after him. Yet he seemed to be revealed more so then anything else.

Kaiser Will
August 23, 2010, 07:28 PM
Moved. ~ Regarding this read One Piece Revamp Info/Guide Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63551) please. Remember character discussion should be made in the TOK Forum from now on.

Darek Khort
August 24, 2010, 03:47 AM
Here's a crazy thought - she used to be a Gorousei before she left and was replaced by one of the current standing elders.
I mean, yes she looks young but look at her DF. Now look at Alvida - she's not sleek and thing when she was once huuuuggeee. So equally, Bonny with her DF could have been really old, an elder; but she ate the DF, was banished (or left of her own accord) and then using her DF became young. (and I am assuming she can control the age at which the target turns, you only see babies and old men because turning the marines a few years younger or older wouldn't be too effective or funny).

(in fact, I reckon the old samurai elder is her replacement, given that he is the only one wearing white when all the other elders wear black).

OdaForPresident
August 24, 2010, 05:59 AM
That certainly is a crazy theory. It would be fun if Bonny had been around for a long time already. Staying young because of her power. Maybe she finally had enough of the WG and decided to become a pirate.

roxas_strife2
August 24, 2010, 12:18 PM
Age doesn't seem to matter when it comes to being a rookie, i mean look at drake, he was once a marine vice admiral and he is now concidered a rookie pirate...

Drake was a Rear Admiral, which would mean he was a rank below Vice-Admiral, so he may be weaker than the VAs.

Here's a crazy thought - she used to be a Gorousei before she left and was replaced by one of the current standing elders.
I mean, yes she looks young but look at her DF. Now look at Alvida - she's not sleek and thing when she was once huuuuggeee. So equally, Bonny with her DF could have been really old, an elder; but she ate the DF, was banished (or left of her own accord) and then using her DF became young. (and I am assuming she can control the age at which the target turns, you only see babies and old men because turning the marines a few years younger or older wouldn't be too effective or funny).

(in fact, I reckon the old samurai elder is her replacement, given that he is the only one wearing white when all the other elders wear black).

That's taking it a bit far, especially considering all of the Gorousei are male, but it is clear she has had some relationship with the government/marines. They probably have abused her in someway before. A lot of this depends on the nature of her powers, if it has a range of proximity to her or if it has a limited time of effect. Her powers could make for an interesting plot development, like young Garp. :D

undertoe
August 24, 2010, 01:22 PM
Nico Robin is still considered a rookie pirate, so that doesn't real mean much other than Bonney only just started *pirating*. Who knows what she may have been up to beforehand.

Cizuz
August 24, 2010, 01:57 PM
Age doesn't seem to matter when it comes to being a rookie, i mean look at drake, he was once a marine vice admiral and he is now concidered a rookie pirate... Jewelry bonny could have been just laying low or she could have been working for the marines her whole life and then she got sick of working for them or something must have happened and she left but the WG didn't like that because of her ability and they gave her a high bounty because of how importent she is... Remember Robin was only a little kid when she got her bounty but had not done a things to get that bounty, they just saw her as a threat to there reputation...

Just to note, drake was not a vice admiral, he was a rear admiral, which is below vice admiral. Also we never really seen the true power of a vice admiral yet :|

THM Nindo
August 24, 2010, 03:20 PM
I didn't read the thread, so I don't know if this was brought up, but I had an idea quite a few time ago that Bonney could be someone totally different from what we think...
Clearly her power is to control her appearance, and/or her age.

Which mean that she might actually be 100 years old, but just make it so that she looks 20 years old!!

Really, we have no idea of who she is...

tret16
August 24, 2010, 07:33 PM
ya that idea has already been brought up by me and a few other...

and sorry i was wrong about his position but it's still the same concept... he was once a marine and now he's a pirate and he doesn't look that young so again, age doesn't matter when it comes to being called a rookie.

OdaForPresident
August 25, 2010, 02:33 PM
Age indeed does not relate to the concept of rookies. A rookie is someone who has not been to the new world. So all the super nova's, excluding Law, Luffy and Zoro, are now no longer rookies.

Bonny is so interesting because she may not have been a rookie to begin with.

Gentleman Skeleton
September 03, 2010, 10:15 PM
This is my theory. Bonney herself is not important. For all I care, she was a former slave girl to fill this purpose. It's her Devil Fruit that holds the key to the World Government wanting her so badly. The Gorosei are the same individuals who have been running the World Government since the Blank Century. Bonney is just the latest in a line of unfortunate souls that have been given the task of eating the fruit and granting the Gorosei their youth. For some reason, they're unwilling to eat it themselves (maybe because they each have a power already). Whitebeard had something to do with her recent escape which was why she was saddened by his death.

chess4
September 04, 2010, 04:55 AM
i think WB saved her home and she knows what losing him means for other islands under his protection. like the preson said above i think its her fruit. maybe she is going to make some of the WGs top officials younger

Uriel
September 04, 2010, 11:49 AM
Well...Maybe She was an slave as was said, and escaped thanks to Fisher Tiger. She moved then to Fishman Island and there was a total chaos until Whitebeard claimed as his island. It's why She's so thankful with Shirohige and wanted revenge... And it's why we will see her on Fishman Island Arc.
Her ability is not THAT important, I think it was a toy like Hancock was.

Poneglyph420
September 04, 2010, 01:40 PM
From what we have seen of Bonney, I don't see how her DF power could be so insanely powerful... Remember in Long Ring Island... Even Aokiji could only freeze the sea for a week or so... Why would some random Paramecia power have a longer duration than a Logia power controlled by it's supposed master...?? I really don't think it's her DF that makes her an asset. Also it's just my opinion but I think she has a grudge with BB over his betrayal of WB... Why?? Sh!t I wish I knew... But I wonder if she will end up being used as a pawn by the WG or what??........

Lord Rayleigh
September 05, 2010, 05:11 AM
I like the idea that the Gorusei were already born during the Blank Century because thus there would truly be responsible for the evolution of the WG and the current world order.

RezzieThaRapper
September 05, 2010, 10:57 AM
What if Vegapunk found a way to use her power in an unprecedented way... Maybe there is way to use her ability on inanimate objects... Maybe she was a test subject for the WG before and she somehow escaped and became a pirate to spite them... Maybe she escaped directly under Akainu's watch...

Maybe it was Whitebeard who helped her escape, maybe even while she was young, and it helped form her dream to be a pirate... Maybe she is like Luffy in that aspect...

Now back to what I was saying about the goverment and the inanimate objects... maybe with her devil fruit ability she can restore lost pieces of history: ruins, archives, poneglyphs, even ancient weapons like Pluton or Poseidon... If someone with this power escaped the WG, and know the limits of the power she possess, then a chill would run down their spine am I right...

tret16
September 05, 2010, 10:58 AM
i ike that idea also... And if you think about it, if they are infact from the dark age then that means they would be hella strong and they would infact make the admirals look like pushovers. The one guy was infact cleaning his sword too wasn't he? or doin that swordman thing with it when they dab the sword with a type of white stuff... i don't know what it is exactly, i'm not a sword person afterall... but still like i said they would be a very strong oponent and possibly the final villain of the strawhats, since we have yet to find out who will be the final villain... I just don't think blackbeard is goin to be the final villain in this entire story...

Fox666
September 05, 2010, 01:33 PM
Now back to what I was saying about the goverment and the inanimate objects... maybe with her devil fruit ability she can restore lost pieces of history: ruins, archives, poneglyphs, even ancient weapons like Pluton or Poseidon... If someone with this power escaped the WG, and know the limits of the power she possess, then a chill would run down their spine am I right...Good theory. Instead of making people younger, it would be to restore artefacts.

jmq07
September 12, 2010, 07:06 PM
i noticed when i was rewatching enies lobby arc that bonney has the same lips as that little girl... just something i saw whilst enjoying good arcs due to the 4week break, wonder if it would mean anything

Shadoguardian
October 09, 2010, 08:12 AM
I'm wondering, what if her powers may have something to do with Vegapunk and the Pacifista's. This is just a personal theory, but the the Pacifistas are cyborg clones of Barthlomew Kuma, in other words part-human, part-machine replicas of a Schichibukai. Now making clones might not be such a huge problem for him, but I think aging them might be, since they are still human. He might be able to speed up the aging process, but I don't think he'd be able to stop it, meaning the Pacifistas would have an extremely short life-span, and thus they become quickly obsolete. But if Vegapunk just cloned baby Bartholomew's, and then have Bonney age them till they're around 20, and stop, then these part-humans can reach the optimum age and continue fighting for a long, long time. What more, if they keep making Bonney to keep returning them to around 20, then they can lenghten their life span. In the end Bonney probably escaped because she was imprisoned by the World Government to use her powers for their sakes.

chess4
October 09, 2010, 08:53 AM
i think WB isthe reason she was free. maybe WB attacked a marine base or ship with her on it, and she was freed from the WG. she probably admired WB for that.

either way im sure, the strawhats will run into her some kind of way and they will free her again, thus she will owe them

Soka
October 09, 2010, 09:05 AM
i think it's mainly because of her power... my first assumption when that scene came up was that she used to work for the WG, and they were using her ability to keep there soldiers young maybe. Since she seems to be able to change the age of anyone she likes, it would be a great thing to have so that your stronger soldiers never age and get weak ever again.
imo thats rather unlikely since they did not do it with Garp,Sen Goku and the old vice admiral lady with the df.Although Garp could have declined cause of his manliness, there is no woman who whoud not want to be young forever ^^
Id prefer your 2nd though that would be awesome

edit: very good assumption shadoguardian but I hope there wont be such things as cloning in One piece :/

Ashura_Ichibugin
October 09, 2010, 10:10 AM
There are a lot of theories about her, but we still do not know if the effect of her df is permanent or changing people's ages with her df actually affects their lifespans.

OdaForPresident
October 10, 2010, 02:27 PM
That's also one of the things I'm curious about. Does her power have some sort of 'area of effect', is it time related, or is it permanent? The implications for the usefuleness of her power are obvious.

I think there is still more to her power, asside from the aging thing. I'm guessing that she can alter bodies in more ways than just that. Like how she is a really big eater, on the same level as Luffy probably, and maybe her power allows her to not become fat or something.

Dice
October 10, 2010, 04:08 PM
Maybe her power is permanent but her power still keeps everthing in balance. If one ages for several years another being gets younger exactly that time. There were young and old marines. Why didn't she turn all of them in babies. An old geezer still might hurt you whereas a baby is totally defenceless.
If her power is permanent and if her power requires this balance that might be a reason for her to run. Think of the possibility that she was forced to turn somebody in his younger self and innocent persons suffered for this.
That would also explain why some people like Garp and co. would decline such an offer.

Maybe that was her reason to become a pirate to begin with. Then someday she met Whitebeard...

SharpKnives
October 10, 2010, 05:13 PM
I was the first to say that she was WB's daughter. If so she'll probably be having an execution soon unless she sme how got away. Then she'd probably have her hands full in the new world with marines.

elitefox
October 10, 2010, 08:57 PM
she is the worlds best cosmetologist

that is all I can think of her power, but why didn't it work against the BB pirates. this I wonder

Jorge D. Dragon
October 11, 2010, 02:04 AM
elitefox
Maybe she didn't have time to use her power, because she was caught in a trap or something like this.:)

SharpKnives

I was the first to say that she was WB's daughter. If so she'll probably be having an execution soon unless she sme how got away. Then she'd probably have her hands full in the new world with marines.
It can be so, but it also can be that she was born on the island under WB protection.

OdaForPresident
October 11, 2010, 04:16 AM
she is the worlds best cosmetologist

that is all I can think of her power, but why didn't it work against the BB pirates. this I wonder

It probably has something to do with BB's yami yami no mi. He might have a way to negate a df even if the person is not directly in contact with him.

Anyway I'm really hoping for some more background info soon. Cause I think Bonny is definately one of the more interesting characters, especially among the supernova's.

DEATHBOTT
October 11, 2010, 04:31 AM
i dont think she is wb daughter since the most important thing to him is his family but maybe she was born on his crew and left to start her own or something.

igosuki
October 20, 2010, 03:20 AM
It probably has something to do with BB's yami yami no mi. He might have a way to negate a df even if the person is not directly in contact with him.

Anyway I'm really hoping for some more background info soon. Cause I think Bonny is definately one of the more interesting characters, especially among the supernova's.
Or perhaps if she loses consciousness then the effects of her power disappear like Moria.

bopnoh10
March 26, 2011, 06:48 PM
He's Vegapunk's sister. She says at the end of the white beard arc that, "it's [the ending of the war] all his fault", which I believe is a reference to the pacifistas. What do you think?

eefrit
March 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
That's an interesting theory. However, I think that would have made her angry at the World Government instead of Blackbeard, whom I believe was the one she mentioned as being "his fault". Remember it all started when Blackbeard defeated and turned in Ace. As for her, I believe she is the real daughter of Whitebeard. Real as in genetically. Along with the "sons" she showed some pretty strong emotions during the war. That or she is Akainu's daughter.:blink

nguqua
March 26, 2011, 07:24 PM
Maybe she is one of the world nobles

OR

Marines keep her as a tool because her devil fruit power allows the marine to turn powerful but now aging marine characters back to their youthful body.

NoLimit89
March 26, 2011, 07:27 PM
I second Whitebeard's biological daughter theory (although she looks kinda young - but then again, her fruit makes her age based assessment based on looks obsolete).

And obviously the government wants to capture her because of all the will of whitebeard/blood nonsense. E.g. execute Ace has significance because he's the son of Roger is the same deal.

I think maybe Strawhats will rescue her sometimes in the future as a redemption for failing to rescue Ace. It will really showcase their strength then as they'll be able to achieve something that the whitebeard pirates weren't able to. But then again, I have a feeling, it won't be an all out war (because it's overdone) but more of an covert infiltration gone wrong (because of Luffy).

Geez
March 26, 2011, 11:31 PM
Vegapunk's sister theory doesn't really work, except if they were separated at birth: she's from South Blue whereas he grew up on grand line.

I think it's more like nguqua said, marines are interested in her powers for X reasons.
In my opinion the Gorousei are really older than they seem, and managed to find this fruit users over the centuries to remain alive. That's why they were tracking her down.

Nonlife
March 27, 2011, 12:41 AM
Hmm, maybe she's a character based on the history's infamous Bonnie & Clyde couple. We know she's got a grudge against the WG; so it's possible she lost her "Clyde' to them.

Channy
March 27, 2011, 01:22 AM
I think thats an awesome theory Nonlife

To collaborate on it some more what if Bonney and Clyde were World Government Assassin duo but Clyde was thinking thinking thinking about ditching the World government with Bonney or maybe Clyde was working the the Revolutionaries and the World Government caught wind of it and killed Clyde as an example and then Bonney left out of rage and hid in the South Blue for a while and then decided to become a pirate to spite and take revenge on the World Government

Black Hawk
May 27, 2011, 09:02 AM
Could Bonney a Surivor of the old Century??? I mean a Person who knows everything about earlier Kingdom. With her Devilfruit he can always make her own younger. She can be, over 100 years old nobody would now it. With her ability she┬┤s stop to getting old.

And that why she get haunted by Akainu.

Uriel
May 27, 2011, 09:11 AM
Well, I think the reason Aikanu chases her is because Gorosei uses her to regain their youth.
And they raise stupid tenryubito just to kill them themselves and poses as their sons.

Well, that's maybe too much :P

hokageji
May 27, 2011, 12:33 PM
Well, I think the reason Aikanu chases her is because Gorosei uses her to regain their youth.
And they raise stupid tenryubito just to kill them themselves and poses as their sons.

could be, but its just a df ability..... the effect would be temporary i tihnk.....

i think she is a noble... saved by whitebeard at some point and hence the respect.....

the real pirate anne bonney was, i know oda just uses names and not real incidents, maybe just this case.

KnivesTaichou
June 13, 2011, 04:04 PM
I always thought she was akainu's or Shurohige's daughter.

Epic_Rider
June 13, 2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe she's a Tenryuubito who hated the noble lifestyle like Sabo, and she ran away and Whitebeard helped her out a bit, which is why she admires him.