PDA

View Full Version : Powers Is Brook Immortal?

SuperShuter
August 23, 2010, 06:04 PM
I don't know if this is been answered already, but re-reading the Thriller Bark it come across that if his body has already passed the effects of age he should be Immortal?, just be cool if at the end of one piece Brook could be narrating or something :amuse

tret16
August 23, 2010, 06:31 PM
well seeing as brook no longer has a heart or any internal organs and infact well over 50 years old, that yes i would assume that he is immortal

Pride~
August 23, 2010, 07:11 PM
I don´t think so. Brook would probably die if his body(even if it is just the sceleton of his original body) is completly destroyed. His body can´t regenarate. Hence, he was afraid when his Afro was in danger during his fight against Ryuma which means that his hair won´t grow back once it´s cut off.

Fox666
August 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
He is not immortal when it comes to the destruction of his body.

However, I am not very sure about aging. According to him, his fruit lets the user "live a second life", does that indicates that there is a time limit?

SuperShuter
August 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah, just saying I don't think its really been appriciated that Brook has got a pretty important devil fruit, cause cmon if he doesn't sustain any fatil damage he could live forever, although I guess skeletons eventually turn to dust or w/e

Kaiser Will
August 23, 2010, 07:38 PM
Moved. ~ Regarding this read One Piece Revamp Info/Guide Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63551) please. Remember character discussion should be made in the TOK Forum from now on.

silver_soul
August 23, 2010, 08:15 PM
ageless? Maybe. But I always assumed all DF users could die by drowning or sea stone.

Deepak5191
August 23, 2010, 10:17 PM
People here seem to be confusing immortal and invulerable. Immortal simply means that the person won't die from natural causes and aging while invulnerable means that they won't take any damage from anything.
Think of it this way, a vampire is immortal but not invulnerable.
In the case of brook, I don't think the DF grants immortality but rather the circumstances do. His DF stops the soul from going away and lets it return back to the body, no matter the condition its in. Now if he came back right away the body would still be alive and he'd live a normal life. But now he's lost everything that could cause a natural death like organs so other than damage from battle I don't think he'd die.

P.S. I love the idea of him being the narrator but its highly unlikely. For one, there isn't enough skeleton jokes for it to be him :P

Sameas
August 23, 2010, 11:44 PM
P.S. I love the idea of him being the narrator but its highly unlikely. For one, there isn't enough skeleton jokes for it to be him :P

After last weeks chapter chances are that Brook rather concentrates on improving his music than inventing more jokes, thus making him being narrator of one piece more likely =P

On Thriller bark brook got hurt fighting Ryuuma and was able to regenerate his bones (by drinking milk maybe).

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2566-15/one-piece/chapter-459.html
http://www.mangareader.net/103-2565-13/one-piece/chapter-458.html

Otherwise he wouldnt look that healthy today. (lol)

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/93580674/8

His skull somehow regenerated even if Brook stated that his body stopped growing which would also stop regenerating his bones.
Brook even got stabbed in the spine but survived, thus making the last vital organ unimportant.

We know four things:

1. Brook is just bones
2. Hurting his bones, even the spine, does not lead to death
3. Brook can regenerate his bones
4. Brook doesnt age anymore

If he doesnt age Brook can't get older and die.
If Brook doesnt have vital organs he cant die by physical damage.

The indications given in the manga lead to the conclusion that Brook is immortal.

El-Thor
August 24, 2010, 02:09 AM
He's a living skeleton, of course he is immortal. Brooke will live forever and be the guarding of One Piece :D

Darek Khort
August 24, 2010, 03:42 AM
I think that perhaps he could be the narrator. If something bad happens to the SHs at the end; or perhaps due to loneliness after the SHs die off from natural causes (old age/etc) he might not be as jolly as he is now.