PDA

View Full Version : Discussion One Piece Characters Discussion & Predictions Thread

Kaiser Will
August 23, 2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry JA1024, but I'm taking away your thread for a higher purpose.

Since chapter 597, we all know that One Piece are going to have a time skip of 2 years in the story. So, this thread will be used to make long time predictions about character related appearances.

Like, their new looks, clothes, techniques, styles and more. And, of course, their new enemies and allies. But this thread is only to discuss character related topic, if you wanna discuss others things, like islands and adventures, go for this thread. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63418)
For a general topic come to our Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63638)

But remember to keep the conversation clean and nice, and since it's a wide topic, please try to stay on topic. Respect others users thoughts. No line posts. No flame and bash.
And let's have fun.

JA1024
August 27, 2010, 04:58 PM
As we should know, One Piece is going through a time-skip.

One thing that interests me is the Strawhats' new appearances.

I can vaguely describe my predictions in my head, but what i really want to see Usopp with dreads like his dad.

Anyone have any predictions?

Skyrius
August 27, 2010, 05:15 PM
This is just me, and the rows of One Piece figurines sitting on my cabinet (yes I'm a nerd, hush), but I've always wanted to see Luffy with one of those captain's coats that hangs over his shoulders (like the Marine's).

Of course, not all the time since it isn't practical, but maybe during some epic fight scenes (or epic scenes in general) to add some flair.

JA1024
August 27, 2010, 05:20 PM
Other than my Usopp theory, I could imagine Nami with longer hair, Luffy with a goatee like in the one-shot, and Sanji crossdressing at night.

tret16
August 27, 2010, 09:41 PM
i'm interested in seeing how big usopp will be... With his intense fighting workout that he is most likely goin to be getting while on that island combined with the amount of fat he has, he's goin to be a beast in my hands, and add in the dreads which i never thought about untill i read JA1024's first post. I think i could see Luffy with a SLIGHT goaty. I could see Zoro with more deffined mustles and a new sword to replace the only unoriginal sword he has left. Nami could possibly stay the same, she seems content with her looks and is only focused on learning more about the weather... I think the girls will most likely stay the same in all appearences... Sanji i think will get a new outfit and also change his hair. Franky will most deffinitly change since he can rebuild himself. For the others i don't think much else will change really... Chopper seems to stay his size and form unless he changes it to the yeti typ form. and brook is kinda only bone so nothing can really change.

Fox666
August 28, 2010, 01:52 AM
Luffy: now with a beard shaved like Shanks and a little longer hair like Ace or Roger.

Zoro: I don't know. Because of the color, he should stay with a hair like his own. He won't have green facial hair either. Would Zoro looks cool with a cape?

Sanji: Long blonde hair, anyone? And keeping the left eye covered.

Nami: Not very sure.

Robin: She won't have any significant change, since she is already 28.

Franky: He will rebuild his body... no idea, that will be a surprise!

Brook: He is just bones, so there is nothing to change at all, is it?

Chopper: He shouldn't change at all.

And Usopp will look like this:

http://a.imageshack.us/img62/7217/165y.png

skullshuriken734
August 28, 2010, 02:32 AM
ok ussopp being the "sniper" of the crew wont necesarily NEED muscles but i could see him possibly getting more muscle tone at the least but super saiyan status haha (funny tho) but more of what luffy has now (a scrawny look with a muscle tone whenever he fights)

Zoro will stay the same but he will unlock his own DARK KI

Sanji will possibly have longer hair i can see that (definitely new suit tho)

Nami will need an upgrade to her weapon

Chopper will of course age two years (which could be a big deal for him since he is the "child like" character)

Franky 2.0...done

Brooke will look the same...maybe get sunglasses haha (like he used to have)

Robin bout the same but maybe more fur like clothing

As for Luffy will remain same look but perhaps add a coat or replace raggedy shirts with somethin else (ps more muscle tone too)

Fox666
August 28, 2010, 03:44 AM
Well, Chopper was the same with 8 eyes than now with 15. So I don't think he would change at 17.

vagabond87
August 28, 2010, 05:06 AM
We will probably get some ponytail hairstyle in crew.. It can be anyone ;p Probably beside Chopper, Farnky and Brook.
I really want to see Zoro in some coat.. Not black but still I want some change in his looks. I hope he wont look more similiar to Mihawk- I dont want to see any Zoros goaties or facial hair...

Organizized
August 28, 2010, 05:08 AM
I don't think changing the characters too much is a good thing. Luffy showing up all matured and with super-saiyan muscles would ruin the character in my opinion.

Oda did draw an older version of Luffy in the first version of Romance Dawn, though:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2u8kx2q.jpg

I agree with Fox666 on Luffy's appearance. A little stubble on his chin (kinda like the above picture) and a little longer hair. Maybe a little more muscle, but nothing even close to Goku-like (yuck).

Skyrius
August 28, 2010, 12:20 PM
Dang, I just realized how much Luffy looks like Shanks in that picture XD My first thought even was "Shanks?!"

That would be neat though. Luffy with longer hair....hmmm *imagines*

Uriel
August 28, 2010, 01:26 PM
A short beard would be cool.

I imagine everyone with a fully covered cape when they meet again and uncover in front of Thousand Sunny with cloth of the place they have been too. Except Sanji and Chopper, probably XD

givensp
August 30, 2010, 11:12 AM
truthfully I really don't see the SH changing at all but if they do have a change in appearance it will only be slight because if they changed to much there personalities would be changed to and I don't want that since I like the way they are

Dice
August 30, 2010, 02:21 PM
Why would their personality need to change if their appearance changes? Sure a big change in appearance might come with a change in personality but doesn't need to.

With Luffy, Ussop and Chopper we might see the biggest changes I think. That would be at least logical since they are the youngest but I can also imagine that Chopper for example grows a few centimeter is totally happy about that and than sees the changes of the others :D
Franky might change quite a bit at least it would be easily possible for him but actually I don't think that he will change that much in appearance. Sanji might indeed get somewhat longer hair. Zoro might get so new scars.
Taking a look at how Nami changed since chapter one I can only hope that this progress has already stoped before the timeskip. Otherwise it would be pretty difficult to maintain balance.
Robin is actually already pretty old so I don't think that she will change much. The same goes for Brooke.
I could imagine some kind of beards with some characters and it would be totally hillarious if Brooke would grow a beard as a testamonial to his will to go on.

Anyarel
August 31, 2010, 07:27 AM
I expect Luffy and Usopp to become taller and to look older.
I'd really like Luffy to look like the pic posted above and Usopp to look like his father (more muscular & dread locks).
As for the others, I don't want them to change physically. Maybe a change of clothes.

Bugzee
August 31, 2010, 10:33 AM
I would like to see Franky wearing something else other than pants tbh. At the very least...a new pair would do. lol

I don't like the current shape or design of Chopper tbh. Well apart from the Arm, Horn and Monster Point I find the rest to be...a bit odd to say the least. I would very much like to see a slightly more mature and muscular Chopper; especially in Heavy Point mode. :)

Skyrius
August 31, 2010, 10:28 PM
After I read Lord Rayleigh's post about Mihawk and Rayleigh and THAT COAT, I can't get the image of Zoro with Mihawk's coat out of my mind. XD The one character I can imagine changing immensely is Sanji. And it will be hilarious.

Think about it, the poor guy's been the butt of every joke recently. You don't think Oda's just going to let him off the hook so easily, do you? XDDD I will burst my stomach laughing though if Zoro ever finds out about what he's been doing for the 2 years. God, I'm laughing just thinking about it.

senewe
September 01, 2010, 05:25 AM
and Oda needs 4 weeks to design all new SH crew. Only to imagine that make me shiver

Black Lagoon
September 01, 2010, 06:28 AM
Hopefully after the TimeSkip Aokiji will be some badass Fleet Admiral :XD
Sengoku, Garp and the goat working at a farm XD ... Nah, training future marines.

MMolch
September 01, 2010, 09:55 AM
1. my first post, but monitoring those threads since months/years :P
2. badass picture i found somewhere, i hope the strawheads will look like this (except brook, wearing headphones as a 90 year old would be weird :P
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7195/opnew.png

Black Lagoon
September 01, 2010, 10:19 AM
^ Hahaha looks awesome, except for Nami (too Old)
As for Brook ... he´s a musician, so it´s not that odd :p

MMolch
September 01, 2010, 11:52 AM
hm, i agree, nami looks a bit old :/. maybe she should have another hairstyle. but usopp, sanji and zoro look awesome ;P

beastboy
September 01, 2010, 02:03 PM
Zoro could get a cape, but not Mihawks one, a new one!
But he would alwys wear that green thingy on his stomatch!

And it will rock so much if Sanji gets a tattoo, but Sanji without is usual outfit would suck, a tatoo to remember the island where he spent two years would be the ideal!

Luffy, I hope he won't grow a beard, nor his hair, I just love is look, and I hope he won't change that much!

Nami should get a new hair style and bigger boobs, obviously!

Robin needs GLASSES!!!!!! And a new hair style!

Usopp needs to get slightly muscular, but not a powerhouse, simply as strong as a real world martial artist, and should get an improved Kabuto!

Chopper shouldn't change that much, should just get a little older, but still be Kawaii!

Brook won't change!

Lord Rayleigh
September 01, 2010, 03:41 PM
On this famous fan art drawing, I really like Luffy, Chopper, Ussop and Zoro. Brook and Franky are fine. However, I don't like Nami, Robin and Sanji. And I think Robin looks better with long hair.

Organizized
September 01, 2010, 04:55 PM
@Fanart picture:

Luffy looks awesome, both clothes and length of hair.
Zoro looks cool, but I like his current look better. I won't be mad if he turns out something like this, though. He could do with some cool scars. :p
Nami could look fine this way if drawn in Oda's style, but something makes her look a little too old in this picture.
Usopp's hair and new bandana is really cool, as well as the sideburns. Not sure if it's his style to go around with a completely bare torso, but I like that he still looks like himself, just older and more mature.
Sanji really shouldn't get long hair or a goatee. The clothes in the picture are pure awesome, but he should keep his hair and beard relatively short.
Chopper with glasses? Mmmm, can't really decide what to think of this one. It would make sense and probably suit his two-years older character, but I don't know if I can imagine him with glasses all the time..
Robin shouldn't get shorter hair. I mean, I understand why they drew her like this, the "librarian type" who's hot but still looks very sophisticated and smart.. but I really like her better as she is.
Franky... wait, is his right eye a Kuma-eye? If it is, then OVERKILL, and if it isn't... he looks cool.
Franky should stay a gentleman skeleton. It's a much cooler image than "90-year-old who acts like he's 18".

In any case, it's a really cool fan-art! :)

Kaiser Will
September 01, 2010, 07:36 PM
1. my first post, but monitoring those threads since months/years :P
2. badass picture i found somewhere, i hope the strawheads will look like this (except brook, wearing headphones as a 90 year old would be weird :P
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7195/opnew.png

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now what we are going to do with the surprise. The OP mods came up with a plan of doing a special thing so we don't feel to bad, and one of them was a sign contest in OP board: how they will look like in two years? If you got interesting, prepare you photoshop and get ready for action.

But there's more in the next weeks.

Since you posted the picture, I'm really looking forward to what they will look like. I think that Luffy is still going to be easy going and fun-loving, but he will look more mature, like a true captain.

Skyrius
September 01, 2010, 11:48 PM
Hey, it might not be a surprise, but I'm still up for that! It sounds fun~

That being said, the idea of Sanji with longer hair didn't cross my mind until now, but he looks AWESOME in that pic, so I'll be pushing for it. In fact, I'd like to see any of the characters with longer hair (or shorter) just for the change. I think they'd look pretty neat.

Bugzee
September 02, 2010, 09:14 AM
@ MMolch – That’s an awesome find and thanks for sharing!

Sanji without a doubt looks the best in that picture imo. Followed closely by Usopp. That hair fits so well with Sanji and his character imho; he'll definitely attract the ladies more. ;) Love the goatie as well.

Usopp looks so cool. I can definitely see him with a new kind of hair style and I really like that bandana colour/design.

Zoro in that image kinda reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo. :XD

chess4
September 02, 2010, 09:20 AM
man that picture is terrible. both nami and robin look like they are in there forties. sanji's hair looks terrible, he looks like a gay bartender. brook is ok. usopps hair is rerrible as well. someone said it above the zoro looks like shaggy from scooby doo. franky looks like a hobo. the only one that is ok, is brook.

chopper is ok and luffy is ok, but luffy isnt the type to have a coat like rogers.

Shiki_Dance
September 02, 2010, 10:34 AM
I've seen that drawing before, too. Honestly, I didn't really like it too much. Zoro being my least favorite of the bunch. Usopp's not too bad, though.

Anyone else getting a strong Guybrush Threepwood vibe from Sanji?

Uriel
September 04, 2010, 12:07 PM
I havent' seen so many pictures of One Piece at all. I use to get my pics from Deviant Art, but I think I should find another site with more One Piece art.

Skyrius
September 05, 2010, 10:01 PM
Psh. I love all of Ein's art. Personally I find more pictures on Pixiv though.

ANYWAYS.

We've been talking all about all the physical changes everyone's going to have (Luffy's height, Nami's ever expanding breasts, Usopp's nose length). However, I've just finally started playing Unlimited Cruise, and their clothes in that game are amazing to look at. Which is why I wonder, does anyone think the SH crew are going to get any cool new clothes?

Well, Oda changes their clothes every arc anyway, but still.

DEATHBOTT
September 06, 2010, 01:01 AM
luffy - stubble, longer hair like ace
zoro - stubble, slicked back hair like mihawk
nami - longer hair
ussop - side burns, dreads like yassop, sogeking incorporated into his normal outfitt and personality
sanji - gottee
chopper - slightly taller but his other forms should look more mature, a fully human form like how other zoans have fully animal forms
robin - new hair style
franky - more human look but a battle mode that looks really robotic.
brooke - nothing but a new high quality sword would be good

Fox666
September 06, 2010, 02:19 PM
Which character Chopper's completely human form will looks like?

Franky will have robotic eyes or something, and he will have a huge armor like Android nº 16.

chess4
September 06, 2010, 02:23 PM
Which character Chopper's completely human form will looks like?

Franky will have robotic eyes or something, and he will have a huge armor like Android nº 16.

i dont think chopper will get a human form, i think the the closes he will get is the form he uses the most in the series when he is fighting.

i dont think frankie will change that much, i just think his weapons will

El-Thor
September 06, 2010, 02:51 PM
I honestly hope that the characters don't change that much. New clothes and some muscles on Usopp will be enough. Maybe longer hair for Nami, but that's about it. Would be cool if Chopper underwent small changes in all his forms. Like bigger antlers in his deer form, etc.

I just wanna see Zoro ! /mancrush

beastboy
September 10, 2010, 02:36 PM
ITS NOT A DEER ITS A REINDEEER!!!!
xD
I think Chopper will be older, because Reinder's life span is much shorter!
I wonder if the Ito Ito no mi changes that!

Poneglyph420
September 10, 2010, 03:48 PM
ITS NOT A DEER ITS A REINDEEER!!!!
xD
I think Chopper will be older, because Reinder's life span is much shorter!
I wonder if the Ito Ito no mi changes that!

Of course you mean the Hito Hito no mi... ;)

I do wonder if Choppe has a "full human" form.. I'd be scared if he does..

Of all the SH in the Image (Fan Art) I can see Usopp and maybe Luffy resembling the depictions... I also like Robin with the new hairstyle.. but doubt any of this will play into Oda's vision...

Bugzee
September 10, 2010, 03:59 PM
Oda will definitely suprise us once again. \o/

Well considering how Chopper's current Jump and Heavy Point forms look like atm...I would pass on the "full human" form/point mode. :p Relying less on the rumble ball would be cool in some ways since he always tends to fall short with his own natural abilities. I would like to see more attacks/techniques like Hoofprint Roseo though. Yep, Arm Point is the one I like atm. XD!

El-Thor
September 10, 2010, 04:15 PM
I hope chopper gets to control monster point. I know that's far-fetched and he will be pretty overpowered for a zoan, but that would rock !

MMolch
September 11, 2010, 11:50 AM
I do wonder if Choppe has a "full human" form.. I'd be scared if he does..

well, realize the following scene: everybody is gathering at SA, everyone is hugging blabla, but there's one guy who is unknown for everyone --> allow me to introduce: chopper. fully human :P

and i'm 100% sure that chopper will be able to control the 3-rumble-balls-mode. it's a huge power up, but well, it would just fit in perfectly.

Bugzee
September 13, 2010, 06:54 PM
I hope chopper gets to control monster point. I know that's far-fetched and he will be pretty overpowered for a zoan, but that would rock !

You know what? If Chopper ever learned how to gain control over his Monster Point mode and "master it" to some degree, I wouldn't expect Oda to reveal it straight away during the chapters that cover the SH's reunion tbh. If there is ever a way and a chance for Chopper to fully utilize and control that mode; I would definitely love it to be a huge suprise in the future during the NW adventures. :amuse

Captain golddigger
September 18, 2010, 12:32 PM
luffy: grills, top hat, goatte
Nami: bald head, eye patch, vague mustache
Usopp: bulky but with very short legs and arms...maybe two gold teeth
Zoro: bandana, long hair, diamond ring
Chopper: a pony
Robin: half bald
Franky: Terminator
Sanji: Mo-hawk big round ear rings platinum chain
Brook: raw musle and tissues with organs hanging out, wears a cross around his neck as pendant, carries the bible...or....maybe in a reaper suit.
hmm did i forget anyone? (and yes...i'm kidding) but what if it happened!!

Bugzee
September 21, 2010, 10:17 PM
luffy: grills, top hat, goatte

Grills??? :O Are you serious? Grills as in the "jewellery"? Noooos.

No other hat suits such a fearless character like Luffy other than the Straw Hat that was given to him by Shanks. Even Rayleigh-Senpai agrees with that one. :noworry

I personally think a goatee would suit Sanji more than Luffy.

*Patty (from the Baratie Restaurant) with grills. Imagine him welcoming and serving the customers. XD!

Nami: bald head, eye patch, vague mustache

:scry

Usopp: bulky but with very short legs and arms...maybe two gold teeth

The gold teeth would weigh him down thus he would fail in running and hiding away...bye bye to the legendary escapes! xD

Zoro: bandana, long hair, diamond ring

Diamond sword. (I wonder if we'll see such a weapon? :grin).

Chopper: a pony

:XD

Robin: half bald

:scry

Franky: Terminator

That's actually interesting in some ways. :blink Enlighten me with some details. 8D

Sanji: Mo-hawk big round ear rings platinum chain

Sketch it!

Brook: raw musle and tissues with organs hanging out, wears a cross around his neck as pendant, carries the bible...or....maybe in a reaper suit.

Was Chopper influenced in anyway by Dr. Hogback? and the said descriptive quote above this is the pending result of it? xD

hmm did i forget anyone? (and yes...i'm kidding) but what if it happened!!

Yes, I know. T'was fun to read. :p

BlackSword
September 27, 2010, 04:20 PM
I had an idea about chopper being able to combine Rumble Points. Like Brain Point and Arm Point. That would be awesome if he could use multiple Rumble Points at once.

ThEwOrLdEndSwItHmE
October 03, 2010, 02:10 PM
As we all know 2 years have passed in the one piece world. Im sure everyone realizes the world outside of the SH not just the SH themselves has changed.

Aside from the upgrades to the SH powerlevels and possible everyone else...Im certain the world govt. has replaced the missing warlords and someone has risen to the rank of Yonkou to fill in Whitebeards spot.

So theories and predictions alike are welcome, do you think some known characters have filled these spaces and if so who? If not do you think new characters have filled the roles? Or do you think they are still empty

Moved to the right board then merged with this thread, remember to search before making a thread

St Michael
October 03, 2010, 04:54 PM
Given that the Yonkou are still called by "yonkou" (even if WB died) , it can be assumed that there is a new one.

For the schichi .. dunno. Maybe they want to suppress the remaining ones .. (if it's not already done :p)

I think that Buggy has become one personally.

IreneLing
October 03, 2010, 05:09 PM
I wonder if this kind of thread existed here?I'm sorry if it is.
For me should be Nami , she looks mature.:p and Robin too.

Please search before making a new thread, it might already exist! Also, remember the rules, character discussion should be done in the TOK board

Uriel
October 03, 2010, 11:56 PM
I think Usopp got the best change so far, and I like Zoro new scar. Franky is the most noticeable changer and I think that in level of strength is quite clear Luffy got the best.

Anyway, I think the cooler change was for Sanji. :P Those eyebrows are EPIC.

ChiiChoh
October 04, 2010, 05:36 PM
I think Usopp got the best change so far, and I like Zoro new scar. Franky is the most noticeable changer and I think that in level of strength is quite clear Luffy got the best.

I agree with you, Franky got quite big. Zoro's eye scar was pretty expected since he was training with one of the best swordsmen alive.

kingasas33
October 05, 2010, 01:55 PM
what u think about SH crew's new appearance , about scale 1-10, can u rate their new style and look?????

nami n robin with smoking hot style,
luffy with new scar
sanji with new hair cut (usually left eyes covered)
chopper with new hat
ussop with matured looks and

rest still not revealed.....

Thread merged! Please search before posting a new thread, it might already exist.

Kurosaki-Kakashi
October 05, 2010, 02:02 PM
Franky is kinda huge now i wish they will fight with some pacifista so he can show us his power up lol
I think the most cooler is Zoro but i also like ussop's changes he looks more like a pirate now !!!
About the world it's sure that the other character changed in two years, Koby has certainly trained his Haki and would be able to use it now !!!
But if we compare with the others Supernovas Luffy should have the best power up !!!

scandalous'
October 05, 2010, 02:07 PM
In terms of looks, to me luffy is the biggest dissapointed. He just got a scar.

Robin = hotter than before I like it.
Nami = I love the long hair and hotter than before.
Sanji = well, he's changed a little, too bad he's still wearing the suit.
Usopp = Awesome, I love the look. Seems pretty confident and cool.
Chopper = chopper
Franky = Well, he looks pretty cool, but the arms just bother me in some way.
Zoro = Really awesome! Love the scar and the outfit.

tret16
October 05, 2010, 06:23 PM
Luffy= got to agree with scandalous, not impressed with the scar. should have most deffinitly added something else.

Zoro= i like it, he seems alot more matured and also his clothes suit him.

Sanji= i agree, could have used a different suit but i like the facal hair, makes him seem more older and actually his age.

Nami= well the hair was a given and i like it, but damn i like how she's "matured" in other way's also.

Robin= i feel that she has changed the most and that's just from her putting her hair back and changing the way she normally dresses. She also looks like she's learned alot while being with the revolutionary, more then what i think they wanted her t learn.

Usopp= i gt to admit, i'm a little disappointed but i do see a good change in usopp, mainly in his hair and attitude. more confident.

Chopper= ya the hat doesn't really do much, i feel Odo cheaped out on him a little.

Brook= well there wasn't much he COULD do really since brook was already old and matured and also only BONES.

Franky= i like the change in appearence but i also have a problem with his arms... they seem way too big. it's goin to slow him down.

Aikidoka
October 06, 2010, 11:30 AM
Not sure if this goes here, but it is the One Piece Characters thread, not just SHs.

Just something little, but I was looking through old chapters and noticed how Blackbeard's beard is way bigger than it was when he first appeared back in Jaya. It's slowly getting scruffier. So I'm guessing by now Blackbeard's beard has grown to the size that the real Blackbeard had. Maybe he even has it in braids now; I've always wondered why Oda never used that for his apparent favorite real-life pirate.

hyper_megaman
October 08, 2010, 12:59 AM
Not sure if this goes here, but it is the One Piece Characters thread, not just SHs.

Just something little, but I was looking through old chapters and noticed how Blackbeard's beard is way bigger than it was when he first appeared back in Jaya. It's slowly getting scruffier. So I'm guessing by now Blackbeard's beard has grown to the size that the real Blackbeard had. Maybe he even has it in braids now; I've always wondered why Oda never used that for his apparent favorite real-life pirate.

ahhhh

i like this idea
[hr]

is anyone else disturbed that sanji's face is assymetrical?

that's why he covers up one eye all the time.. he's feeling insecure about his weird eyebrows

Knaktak
October 14, 2010, 04:36 AM
I'm not that sad about Luffy, the scar is a really big change, since it covers "half" his body. But i would like to see him wear a captains cape or some sort. It will make him look more like a captain. And i think almost all the rookie captains wear one?

I was a bit suprissed by the goaty on Sanji's chin. It's....hmm.... I don't know.
He probably did it to make him feel more like a man, since he was on Okama Island.

I hope Tony Tony Chopper will have more control over his rumble transformation.

Usopp looks more like a warrior now. In a weird funny looking cheap way. Don't misunderstand me, I'm a big fan of Usopp.

I think Kobi will have a higher Marine function by now.

Buggy will probably have a massive crew since Impel Down. And will have taken up his live as a captain.

I think Bon Kurei isn't dead! If not he will join Luffy's crew, since their bond is pretty strong. And he would be a great character on the ship. Think about how much Sanji and Zoro will be annoyed by him...Priceless...

Jorge D. Dragon
October 20, 2010, 03:34 AM
I think Bon Kurei isn't dead! If not he will join Luffy's crew, since their bond is pretty strong. And he would be a great character on the ship. Think about how much Sanji and Zoro will be annoyed by him...Priceless...
Yes, it would be really great to see him on the ship, cause he was one of the Luffy's best friends.:) And all the crew liked him.:)

It would be interesting to see all Supernovas of the Luffy's generation and also Shichibukais.:)
It would be interesting to see if someone of Supernovas changed or got caught or became some really major and important character.

St Michael
October 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
This topic is a brainstorm.

I want us to discuss what could be the evolution of the many characters in OP. I mean those who can still improve (I don't see Garp improving his fighting skills during the timeskip) ..

This week's partial G2 gave me this idea , I bet that a LOT of known characters have become stronger in 2 years , learning new tricks or attack ;)

Let's see if we can guess some stuff that Oda will introduce. :p

edit : Ok I'll start.

We saw that Sanji seemed to use Diable Jambe against the pacifista this week. So I guess that he invented a better attack. Maybe embuing his whole body with fire , even if I wouldn't like it that much.

I red a pleasant idea on the chapter discussion topic earlier , about Kidd , who would use his power to manually turn the log post to gain some time. Even if it would be a non fighting ability , it would be pretty cool.

Even if he told that he already mastered his DF at Alabasta , I think that Crocodile has improved his skills during the skip. Maybe he can now drain the humidity in the air with his hand , momifying his foe from medium/long range (that would take some time like Ground Death obviously , but hard to dodge) Air Death ? :P
Or maybe some mix between Spada and Sables , some tornado that would slice you in pieces. Something awesome like that.

I hope that Franky got beam , machine guns or a package of missiles. In short some heavy weapons.
Still in the SH , maybe Brook uses his music as his main weapon (that's what is pointed in the chapter) but it would be nice if he could developp a super speed from his weight. A bit like Luffy G2 but with a sword hidden in the guitar or something..

Dark God Zeus
October 23, 2010, 10:45 PM
Tashigi- learns to use flying attacks, but she still has to get much stronger to have any chance at fighting Zoro.

Chopper- Has greater knowledge of medicine, biology, chemistry, anatomy...etc.

Zoro- greater level of proficiency in all his sword styles (one/two/three), tames the "wild child" shunsui, learns to play a more defensive game (Mihawk did say power without finesse was useless in his first appearance) [I think this is big for him, since he gets damaged alot in his fights]

Kidd- learns to create semi-sentient robot golems out of metal junk.

Smoker- learns to use haki to some extent to replace the need for a jutte

Sanji- learns to make the attack cuisine for his crew, combines newkama kenpo into blackleg style, overall faster/more durable/stronger kicks.

Brooke- More musical abilities than putting people to sleep, I'm expecting some offensive stuff.

Franky- greater efficiency of cola use, more ranged options (though his coup de vent is still pretty strong)

Robin- Greater stealth/assassin abilities, since she hasn't really used them.

ninjaa
October 24, 2010, 03:39 PM
If you thought that fake Luffy was bad, wait til you see the new Captain Buggy. He is bound to have an army by now. "Captain Buggy, we will follow you forever!!!" Of course being a leader for two years has raised his Haki a little (confidence = Haki).

MaiSiaoSiao
October 24, 2010, 06:51 PM
If you thought that fake Luffy was bad, wait til you see the new Captain Buggy. He is bound to have an army by now. "Captain Buggy, we will follow you forever!!!" Of course being a leader for two years has raised his Haki a little (confidence = Haki).

I though Haki= ambition/spirit?When did it become confidence?
Anyway his army wouldn"t be much of a use i think.They only follow Buggy because they misinterpret Buggy.For example,he said he wanted to go home when he saw Kizaru attack.The "army" of his though that Buggy wanted to defeated Kizaru quickly and go home....

Jorge D. Dragon
October 30, 2010, 02:33 PM
I don't think that Buggy changed. If he got some position allied to Government or even entered Shichi he is just using its benefits to live as he always wanted. Assuming that he has a strong crew now he can easily be a influencing pirate, but he is weak, so he would try to avoid any confrontations with serious pirates.

k-dom
November 07, 2010, 04:25 PM
I've read it in apforum in the volume 60 thread, it seems that jozu arm has been remove in the tankobon release
Jozu from tankobon
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/201/jozunoarm.jpg
Shonen jump version :
http://img1.mangareader.net/manga/one-piece/1422391_e.jpg

kingasas33
November 08, 2010, 07:05 AM
yeah...i think buggy still the same...he will not become a schibukai because his interest is more treasure n money kind of journey...so about zorro...i think his eyes is about CoC...he still cannot control it properly...so if his eyes open...his CoC will go out of control...

MaiSiaoSiao
November 08, 2010, 07:50 AM
yeah...i think buggy still the same...he will not become a schibukai because his interest is more treasure n money kind of journey...so about zorro...i think his eyes is about CoC...he still cannot control it properly...so if his eyes open...his CoC will go out of control...

What does CoC has to do with opening his eyes?
And which part said Zoro has CoC?

TheMoa
November 13, 2010, 07:54 PM

we know he's greedy, but that just make more sense for him to became a shichibukai. Being a shichibukai grants him acess, he can travel in the grand line without worry with the marines(and small pirates), what makes his pursuit for treasures more easy.

kingasas33
November 15, 2010, 03:05 AM
What does CoC has to do with opening his eyes?
And which part said Zoro has CoC?

this is PREDICTION thread...so i predict that zorro has CoC n it has something to do with his eye....that all

Vagaboons
November 15, 2010, 11:52 AM
Its about the kraken character:
http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-590/page002.html

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post it,but did anyone see this!?
By the way the prediction thread was lock.>.>
I wouldnt want to create a thread for a small character like the kraken and nor did i find any thread about it.

Straw Hat
November 15, 2010, 12:26 PM
i think zoro might or mightn't have CoC haki :tembut i found the secret of his left eye power technique:eyeroll. its a santouy uu gyuuki :tem(ox demon) technique (its on episode 261, at 6 min 40 sec. its like a red demon eye which is in his left eye and by looking at the episode he can read through the attacks and look very powerful. and he must have been training that technique and the sword during past 2 years with dracule mihawk. i hope he probly going to use that technique to the next monster trio opponent.:)

k-dom
November 15, 2010, 03:18 PM
Well I think this issue may be solve next chapter. I they are surprised when Luffy use it to tame the kraken then they don't know it yet, if they say I could have done it myself then they know

@vagaboons : this is the kraken from strong world. Unless all kraken looks the same

johnnyb7
November 15, 2010, 11:39 PM
Hey I've never heard anyone else express this theory, it may not happen at all but when I said Ace would die most people thought I was dumb for suggesting that too, that was back when Luffy was at Impel down I suggested that.

I think that Garp is going to be killed by Dragon at some point in this manga. I know that it's dark but something has to happen between them and I can't really imagine Garp betraying the World Government and the Marines. Along with that I don't think that Dragon is going to turn out to be as much of a good guy as he's been made out to be so far. I think it'll turn out to be that his ideals of the World Government being terrible and needing to be overthrown will be justified and true but that his ideals of what should replace it won't be pure either. Either way, Garp and Dragon are in direct conflict with each other and will have to confront that issue at some point. I don't think he can just let Dragon overthrow the government like he did with Luffy considering Luffy was just trying to save Ace, and Dragon will be trying to kill thousands of people. I think they'll confront each other, and I think Dragon will kill Garp. Then Luffy will fight Dragon and kick his ass. My own speculation but I think that may happen.

Rosebullet Teacher
November 16, 2010, 03:42 AM
I want to see how Crocodiles doing, he wants back into the new world but i dont see just him & Daz Bones linking up, they need a crew! Hope he meets pirates from his past but he doesnt seem the alliance type so its up in the air.

I pray to see this scene: a worldweary Buggy, in an ornate throne with one of his lvl 6 prisoners acting as his scribe! Buggy The BaronClown! More on Buggy, if he still has his prisoners after the 2 years then I think hes had a lot of amazing coincidences that raised his stock in their eyes, cos 2years of what Buggy was doing before(barely surviving, failing to find treasure, victimised by marines)wouldnt maintain his hero status.

FuS

TheMoa
November 16, 2010, 03:27 PM
^But he didn't have any lvl 6 prisioners with him.... they were all lvl 2(and maybe a few lvl 4, i think)

johnnyb7
November 19, 2010, 01:13 PM
Zoro is going to learn the color of observation i think. They had some serious foreshadowing here http://www.mangareader.net/103-2302-18/one-piece/chapter-195.html . If that's not foreshadowing they had it with Luffy here http://www.mangareader.net/103-2233-17/one-piece/chapter-126.html .

Channy
December 02, 2010, 03:36 AM
Im 100% positive that Zoro will have 2 forms of haki maybe 3 i mean cmon hes the future Pirate Kings First mate

RamaJaya
December 02, 2010, 05:29 AM
Im 100% positive that Zoro will have 2 forms of haki maybe 3 i mean cmon hes the future Pirate Kings First mate

That's for sure, but I kinda doubt he has mastered any of colors yet. IMO during the time-skip Zoro was only focusing on swordsmanship, since that's what he asked Mihawk for ("Please, teach me swords").

MaiSiaoSiao
December 02, 2010, 07:37 AM
That's for sure, but I kinda doubt he has mastered any of colors yet. IMO during the time-skip Zoro was only focusing on swordsmanship, since that's what he asked Mihawk for ("Please, teach me swords").

Maybe Luffy will teach him Haki one day XD

TheMoa
December 03, 2010, 08:45 PM
I believe that Zoro already knows(not necessarily mastered) at least the color of armor. I mean, the greatest swordman in the world(Mihawk) have to knows this to cut through logia and increase the cutting edge. So in the basic trainning he must have taught at least the concept.

On sencond thought, Mihawk coudn't cut Buggy... maybe he just didn't want to. lol

Freid
March 21, 2011, 05:05 PM
I've said this before somewhere on the forum. Contrary to the popular belief here that Smoker now has no chance against Luffy, I believe he is still able to fight equally with Luffy.

Just before the timeskip, Sengoku opted to step down from his post as Fleet Admiral on this page (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c594/3.html) and Kong asked him if he could retain his title for the purpose of the training younger marines like Garp was doing with Helmeppo and Coby. On the very next page after Sengoku agreed to spend his remaining years doing that, we are shown Smoker request to be moved to G5 in the New World in which Ao Kiji replies that he was going to negotiate the transfer with Sengoku.

At the current level Smoker was on, the probability is that he would not survive in G5. He would probably have been killed and Ao Kiji hinted that it would be troublesome for him. Because of this, it would make sense that when the request was brought to Sengoku like we were told, Sengoku would not have approved of it. He instead would have probably decided to train Smoker until he was ready to go into the New World, to stay true to his word that he was going to spend his remaining years training young Marines. It would be similar to how Luffy wanted to continue his journey but Rayleigh told him that the incident in Shabondy would only repeat itself at the current level he was on.

If we put the fact that Sengoku agreed to train the younger Marines, with the fact that we were shown that Smoker wasn't ready to go into the New World just a page later, it can be accurately deduced that Oda is planning on having Sengoku train Smoker. Since Garp is training Helmeppo and Coby who are relatively important characters in the manga, Oda is probably not going to make Sengoku train a new character that we have not heard of and instead would most likely have him train someone important who is also still growing. Having Sengoku train Smoker would also be a good way to keep Smoker on the same level as Luffy since their relationship is supposed to mimic that of Roger's and Garp who were more or less equal in strength.

So to put it simply, Luffy was trained by Rayleigh which would have given him a major advantage over anyone that was not trained by someone of that calibre. Sengoku is no weaker than Rayleigh if not stronger. I think Oda intends on keeping Smoker and Luffy on around the same level like Roger and Garp, so it would make sense that Smoker was also trained by someone of similar strength to the person Luffy was trained by. Therefore I believe Sengoku trained Smoker over the two years which by all intents and purposes would make Smoker similar in strength to Luffy.

jorped
March 21, 2011, 05:07 PM
I've said this before somewhere on the forum. Contrary to the popular belief here that Smoker now has no chance against Luffy, I believe he is still able to fight equally with Luffy.

Just before the timeskip, Sengoku opted to step down from his post as Fleet Admiral on this page (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c594/3.html) and Kong asked him if he could retain his title for the purpose of the training younger marines like Garp was doing with Helmeppo and Coby. On the very next page after Sengoku agreed to spend his remaining years doing that, we are shown Smoker request to be moved to G5 in the New World in which Ao Kiji replies that he was going to negotiate the transfer with Sengoku.

At the current level Smoker was on, there is absolutely no way he would have survived in the New World. He would most definitely have been killed. Because of this, it would make sense that when the request was brought to Sengoku like we were told, Sengoku would not have approved of it. He instead would have probably decided to train Smoker until he was ready to go into the New World, to stay true to his word that he was going to spend his remaining years training young Marines. It would be similar to how Luffy wanted to continue his journey but Rayleigh told him that the incident in Shabondy would only repeat itself at the current level he was on.

If we put the fact that Sengoku agreed to train the younger Marines, with the fact that we were shown that Smoker wasn't ready to go into the New World just a page later, it can be accurately deduced that Oda is planning on having Sengoku train Smoker. Since Garp is training Helmeppo and Coby who are relatively important characters in the manga, Oda is probably not going to make Sengoku train a new character that we have not heard of and instead would most likely have him train someone important who is also still growing. Having Sengoku train Smoker would also be a good way to keep Smoker on the same level as Luffy since their relationship is supposed to mimic that of Roger's and Garp who were more or less equal in strength.

So to put it simply, Luffy was trained by Rayleigh which would have given him a major advantage over anyone that was not trained by someone of that calibre. Sengoku is no weaker than Rayleigh if not stronger. I think Oda intends on keeping Smoker and Luffy on around the same level like Roger and Garp, so it would make sense that Smoker was also trained by someone of similar strength to the person Luffy was trained by. Therefore I believe Sengoku trained Smoker over the two years which by all intents and purposes would make Smoker similar in strength to Luffy.

agree with everything you said, i think that your theory makes alot of sense and for me thats exactly what is going to happen!!!!!

I am just not sure about Smoker being training with Sengoku for 2 years!!
why has it have to be 2 years ? why not only for example 1 ? :P

Freid
March 21, 2011, 05:16 PM
agree with everything you said, i think that your theory makes alot of sense and for me thats exactly what is going to happen!!!!!

I am just not sure about Smoker being training with Sengoku for 2 years!!
why has it have to be 2 years ? why not only for example 1 ? :P

I agree. I actually originally stated that Sengoku would train Smoker until he was ready to go into the New World which could be a year or a year and a half. Afterwards, he would refine his skills in the New World, similar to how Luffy refined his skills once Rayleigh had taught him 'everything he knew'. This would also makes sense because chances are that post-timeskip Smoker would be familiar with the New World or at least more familiar with it than the Strawhats. :)