PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Playground Hangout Thread

Kaiser Will
September 06, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hi!!!

I'm here to officially open the One Piece Playground Board, and to start it's Hangout thread.

One Piece Hangout Thread

But what's the Hangout thread for, you may ask?

Think that this thread is like a Mega Convo, but not with plot related subjects. Here you can discuss everything with carefree topics and discussions.
Also just start a thread in the Playground when the topic can make a good discussion. If not, how about you stop here and share your opinion/theory about your wild thoughts.

* You can make plot related topics/discussions here but only if your thought
/theory/opinion don't have a solid base or anything that have a precedent on the story.

Remember that each OP Board has it own designated topic/subject.
In here, everything that don't fit there should be made here. It's a matter of exclusion. Don't forget to read the One Piece Revamp Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63551) to see what is to be discussed in each board.

Since this is a Hangout, let's have a lot of fun here. Make your mind go crazy here, everything that pops in your mind is welcomed here. Don't feel embaressed, just let it go. Come here and make yourself at home.

Now enter in One Piece World of fun!

El-Thor
September 08, 2010, 08:17 PM
I WILL START !!

Shouldn't Buggy know where OP is hidden? Since he was there with Gol ?

kkck
September 08, 2010, 08:22 PM
Perhaps buggy does know everything about that but:

1.- There is nothing for him to gain for revealing what he knows. Perhaps he was ordered not to talk or roger managed to keep the nature of one piece hidden from his crew.
2.- He is nowhere near strong enough to get there. He can sail the first half of the GL no problem due to his experience but that probably will not be the case for the second half. Perhaps experience alone is not enough for the second half and a single average NW could obliterate him without breaking a sweat. What could he do against everything the NW can throw at him? Even luffy's crew, each member most likely being stronger than buggy, simply did not have the caliber to even get there. There there is the weather in the NW. Odds are the weather there is so hostile that normal ships can't even sail there. And what about sailing the actual sea? We have seen some pretty brutal stuff in the first half, the second one should be many times worst. Even crews like that of WB should have hard times there.

El-Thor
September 08, 2010, 08:48 PM
I just ate some tangerines. Whatever happened to Nami liking them :(

Kaiten
September 08, 2010, 09:46 PM
Maybe they don't grow in Grand Line. Or they're very expensive.

Maybe Buggy doesn't want the One Piece. Maybe Roger was trolling everyone, One Piece is really a jack in the box hidden in a treasure chest in Raftel. Or it's another pirate trapped in a chest, like from the beginning of the series. Buggy knows what's up and is staying the hell away. Maybe One Piece isn't a treasure, just getting to Raftel will make you the Pirate King, and with it more power than any treasure can confer. Like kkck said, Buggy probably isn't strong enough to navigate the new world and knows it. Then again, his ego is big enough to believe he is.

Bugzee
September 08, 2010, 09:49 PM
Just a random thought that I would like to share: I would really want to see a Fishmen with a Zoan df ability. It would be pathetic and silly but hella amusing imho. :D

Imagine if we had like a ray wing-fishmen with Kaku's Ushi Ushi no Mi, Model: Giraffe! hahahaha! :XD It would be cool if Oda drew a fishmen with a zoan fruit ability in a SBS just for lolz. ^__^

El-Thor
September 08, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hmmm that gives me an idea... maybe I'll try to sketch something like that (I suck at drawing but w/e ! )

Bugzee
September 08, 2010, 10:12 PM
Buggy-Sama has the new NW recruits so I don't think it's that bad for him if he does go into the New World. He was an apprentice with Shanks on Roger's ship. Put the stupidity and "weaknesses" aside, the dude still is confident and focussed when it comes to his objectives/goals. I think he'll do better than several of the SN's tbh. :p

I'm just waiting for the "confirmation" from the WG invitation before I believe/judge or say anything else in regards to Buggy's current potential and future accomplishments. :D

@ El-Thor - Use MSpaint or another paint-program and give us a rough sketch of how it might look like lol.

kkck
September 08, 2010, 10:46 PM
Buggy-Sama has the new NW recruits so I don't think it's that bad for him if he does go into the New World. He was an apprentice with Shanks on Roger's ship. Put the stupidity and "weaknesses" aside, the dude still is confident and focussed when it comes to his objectives/goals. I think he'll do better than several of the SN's tbh. :p

I'm just waiting for the "confirmation" from the WG invitation before I believe/judge or say anything else in regards to Buggy's current potential and future accomplishments. :D

@ El-Thor - Use MSpaint or another paint-program and give us a rough sketch of how it might look like lol.

Right now what buggy has is mostly military might. He has roughly 150 prisoners from various levels. Level 5 prisoners are people who should be pretty much held in the same regard as supernovas (bounties above 100 mil) so having a few of them with him would make a huge difference. If buggy has level 4 and 3 prisoners with him then we are talking about a number of people who are in the league of mr 1 and mr 2, so that would be a pretty big deal. Level 1 and 2 prisoners aren't a big deal in itself but if the weakest members of such a large crew are comparable to buggy or mr 3 in strength then the crew has quite a bit of power. There is also a real chance a number of them are fruit users. Even though the crew clearly lacks individual exceptionally powerful members (comparable to the supernova at most which is still basically fodder, even the actual supernova are not seen as threats but rather as people who have a slight chance of becoming threats) but in turn if buffy does manage to unify them properly and organize them then they would be a significantly powerful crew. I daresay the crew as a whole would actually be more powerful than any supernova crew at the moment. His sheer numbers of moderately powerful crewmembers could indeed give him a fighting chance in the NW, what buggy has going for him is quite good. That said, for buggy to scape with his crew from marineford, I would think he had to steal a battleship. If he did, then he has quite a sturdy and powerful weapon with him, much better than his previous ship. I doubt he'd lack the capacity to deal with NW weather conditions.

Bugzee
September 08, 2010, 10:55 PM
I wasn't comparing the ID prisoners to a SN.. more like Buggy himself. He has greater experience across the whole of the GL compared to the SN's which one should consider as a greater advantage atm. I guess he may still need a decent navigator though; I don't think it's ever been revealed who the Navigator is within his crew!? As a whole, yeah the crew could hold their own against other pirate crews. How far can they succeed in the NW is questionable and atm I can't see them facing off with the likes of a Yonkou ally or a worthy/respectable NW Pirate crew that have made a "name for themselves".

I think Buggy needs a few more crewmates before he can travel the NW again imho. :)

El-Thor
September 09, 2010, 12:43 AM
Okay here's a sketch of that Stingray fishman with the Ushi Ushi no Mi

Lol it's pretty lame but it was actually fun sketching. Also, his eyes are supposed be on top and bulge out like a stingray.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/sexydimon/Baru.png

Kaiser Will
September 09, 2010, 08:43 AM
Lmao, looks like one the drawings that Luffy made along the series.

Edit: Quick question, why take so long for someone post in here?
This is supposed to be a fun place.

BTW thanks El-Thor for starting.

Bugzee
September 09, 2010, 12:36 PM
haha I love it, El-Thor! It's definitely a very good attempt. :clap I might sketch/design one and see how it goes. If I do, I'll definitely post it in here. ^^

Edit: Quick question, why take so long for someone post in here?
This is supposed to be a fun place.

It takes time. It's still a brand new section; I'm sure it'll grow and become more active in the coming weeks. :)

El-Thor
September 11, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hahaha thanks guys ! Yeah, definitely make a sketch, we can then all send our ideas to Oda sensei ! HAHAH

Oooof, my sore throat isn't making things easier on me..

EDIT : Re-watching Water 7 and god damn is Usopp a baka ! No no no , he's a Baka x100. I really hate him - _ -
[hr]
Ahhhh... opera and one piece... *tear*

p1xel
September 12, 2010, 05:07 AM
Lol,nice El-thor,funny sketch^^
Yeah,this section needs more ppl,but one piece is popular,so don`t worry^^
Who thinks that Luffy will ever get the Fourth Gear?Now its all about Haki,so I don`t think that he will have time to upgrade his Gears.
So,discuss guys^^

ewan
September 12, 2010, 10:05 AM
Just a random thought, wouldn't someone be screwed if they ate a Fish Fish no Mi DF? Because it's supposed that it gives you good swimming abilitisĀ”es as a fish, but since DF users can't swim, then it's mostly useless, right?

Also, could a Swim Swim no Mi exist (or something similar)? Or it would break the DF rules?

Freid
September 12, 2010, 10:57 AM
Lol,nice El-thor,funny sketch^^
Yeah,this section needs more ppl,but one piece is popular,so don`t worry^^
Who thinks that Luffy will ever get the Fourth Gear?Now its all about Haki,so I don`t think that he will have time to upgrade his Gears.
So,discuss guys^^

Well in One piece there is always time for someone to upgrade their powers. Its not like naruto where fans are so used to seeing the characters train and acquire their powers that when the character actually does something that was never shown to the viewer, they start calling it an ass pull. In one piece, cause there has never and will never be a training arc where we actually watch the characters gain a new ability, we know luffy could gain a new ability at any time like his gears. It happened with in the water 7 arc. Ofcourse, for something like a new gear, how he gained it would need to be explained which is what luffy did. So as for him gaining a new gear, luffy can gain a new gear anytime like inbetween islands and he can then show it in a later fight and maybe explain it.

I do think a new gear would be added simply to keep things interesting. Like some said in the past, haki wont change anybody's fighting style so in order to show something new rather than the same attacks but with haki, a couple new gears would probably be added.

El-Thor
September 16, 2010, 08:46 PM
This is probably the most awesome OP wallpaper I've ever seen and thought I'd share with you guys/gals.

http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=84631

TheMoa
September 17, 2010, 12:48 AM
About the Buggy question... I think that he just don't know about the One Piece, I mean, he was a recruit.
Maybe he and Shanks entered the crew just after Roger reached Raftel, or maybe just the main crewmates were there, whit the recruits and fodders waiting one island before.
I think that if he knew, he would have tried to get there many times already(he's kind like Nami in money matters lol).

beastboy
September 17, 2010, 01:19 PM
From being there one time, Buggy knows how hard it is to get there, and so he knows that he is not ready!
[hr]
About Gears, I really do hope that we will get a gear 4th, I mean wouldn't it be cool if we were all waiting for Luffy to use Haki against his first enemy, and then he would simply say "Gear...

...forth"Ā“
And end the chapter!
It would be just epic!

damane08
September 18, 2010, 01:22 PM
About the Buggy question:

Lets assume that he knows all about Raftel and One Piece; what could he do? His crew was decimated by the SH early in the series, that's not a crew that was strong enough to survive in the GL much less the NW... BUT he has some really strong guys with him now that believe in him unconditionally (the suckers lol) and there are a lot of them so who knows what he'll try to do now.

All i know is that we'll see Buggy as a big shot the next time we see him (cuz he's just a funny guy, i was pretty happy that Oda brought him back)

RezzieThaRapper
September 19, 2010, 05:30 PM
I wanna see a One Piece fighting game... mainly because since it is One Piece it means you can't simply just give every character a slight variation of the same moves...

You remember DBZ Budokai Tekahichi 3 with about 180 charaters... Imagine 100 One Piece Charaters all using their own abilities, and no recycled moves(which was the only problem with DBZ and Naruto games)

El-Thor
September 19, 2010, 06:00 PM
Fighting game would be fun, but how awesome would a One Piece RPG be ?! Sandbox style ! *fangasm*

beastboy
September 20, 2010, 02:48 PM
One Piece RPG would be just so awesome!
Just imagine we start lvl1 on a Blue then we do adventures on our Island, like steeling and doing missions, then we buy a Boat and start sailing towards our goal... the 1st person to reach the end of the Grind Line would be called "Pirate King" and then there would be 2 options, restart the server, or simply fight between players to decide who would be the next Pirate King!!

I just think that the missions should be about killing other PC's and not just MOB's, cause killing MOB's is not funny, xD!

Kaiser Will
September 20, 2010, 08:15 PM
Oh I really like the idea of One Piece getting a RPG game.
It would be awesome. Well, the game would have to end at Sabaody, but, anyway, it would be pretty good to play.
Imagine you kick butting Croc ass, or Lucci, and you have to make a special sequence to activate Gear 2nd.

Wow, I wanna play this game so much.

Lord Rayleigh
September 24, 2010, 06:20 AM
About the Buggy question... I think that he just don't know about the One Piece, I mean, he was a recruit.
Maybe he and Shanks entered the crew just after Roger reached Raftel, or maybe just the main crewmates were there, whit the recruits and fodders waiting one island before.
I think that if he knew, he would have tried to get there many times already(he's kind like Nami in money matters lol).
The battle of the Edd War, during the one both Buggy and Shanks were present, took place 3 years before Gol D. Roger's death, which means 2 years before the crew disbanded. The Roger Pirates took 3 years to conquer the Grand Line, which means that both Shanks and Buggy are confirmed to have taken part at least in 2 of the 3 years of the final journey of the Roger Pirates. Raftel is at the end of the Grand Line, so it was the last island to take control of in order to conquer the Grand Line. Thus they were both present when the crew reached Raftel.

TheMoa
September 26, 2010, 03:36 PM
The battle of the Edd War, during the one both Buggy and Shanks were present, took place 3 years before Gol D. Roger's death, which means 2 years before the crew disbanded. The Roger Pirates took 3 years to conquer the Grand Line, which means that both Shanks and Buggy are confirmed to have taken part at least in 2 of the 3 years of the final journey of the Roger Pirates. Raftel is at the end of the Grand Line, so it was the last island to take control of in order to conquer the Grand Line. Thus they were both present when the crew reached Raftel.

Yeah, I realized that after i read chapter 0 again and i already have posted. So i didn't want to edit the post.

GomuGomu_Getsuga
September 18, 2011, 02:11 PM
If luffy's new bounty is 400m, how much would a yonkou's be? Over one billion?

Also, Luffy might be in the running to become a yonkou himself. If he defeats an admiral(most likely Kizaru first) he may get the title.

Zehahaha
September 24, 2011, 06:58 PM
Luffy is still weak against Admirals, don't expect him to defeat one in the next 100 chapters anyway.
Let's just see how well he'll do in the NW (although, I hated the fact that he had to train for the NW, while the other Supernovas just went there, and managed to get stronger obviously...)

Jorge D. Dragon
September 26, 2011, 06:59 AM
I believe Supernovas just enhanced there physical capabilities and their DF, but Luffy not only did the same at a better level, but also mastered Haki at an incredible level, so now he can land a punch against Logias and make more significant damage to other DF users.;)