PDA

View Full Version : Question Is there stronger characters in the WG?

hy4k
September 18, 2010, 06:19 PM
The world government is said to have two powerful forces at their disposal, the marines and the shichibukai. But there's never any mention of the other powerful individuals employed by them such as magellan or Kong.

Magellan one shotted the entire blackbeard pirate crew. He had 2 shichibukai and a commander of the revolutionary army running for their lives.

Do you think that there are any other powerful individuals like Magellan elsewhere employed as peacekeeprs or bounty hunters or something similar?

Moved thread to the right place. And changed the title for a better understanding

El-Thor
September 18, 2010, 06:41 PM
Magellan did one shot them, but then got beaten half to death by the same crew :p

I'm sure there's other people, especially in the new world, who hold important posts and are as strong or even stronger than Magellan. What makes him so dangerous is his conviction to his job. He doesn't even flinch when killing inmates. He's kinda like Akinau in a sense.

TheMoa
September 18, 2010, 11:05 PM
I do believe that are another very powerfull guy in the marines who weren't showed yet.
Off course they put the greatest possible force in the war, but they couldn't just let the rest off the world alone for the rest off the pirates take over. So some strong dudes were let spread over the new world for assure a minimal security, at least is what i think.

Cyber34
September 19, 2010, 12:33 AM
The world government is said to have two powerful forces at their disposal, the marines and the shichibukai. But there's never any mention of the other powerful individuals employed by them such as magellan or Kong.

Magellan one shotted the entire blackbeard pirate crew. He had 2 shichibukai and a commander of the revolutionary army running for their lives.

Do you think that there are any other powerful individuals like Magellan elsewhere employed as peacekeeprs or bounty hunters or something similar?

There has to be stronger individuals like that, otherwise the adventure would be somewhat boring.

kkck
September 19, 2010, 01:15 AM
Kongs position is supposed to be that commander of the entire military force of the WG. I would think that just as there is a navy, there should also be an actual army. Anyways, if there is any value to kongs position there must be other military organizations within the world government. I also have great expectations of G-5, the marine section in the NW. There should be a lot of powerful marines there.

Sannom
September 19, 2010, 11:42 AM

Kong is probably considered to be a part of the Marine, as in "the military". As for Magellan, the key word here is probably "at their disposal" : Magellan works for them, but his influence is limited to Impel Down. He can be counted on when a criminal goes through his prison, the government knows that, but they can't afford to use him like they want, his role is to be the Warden of Impel Down. But now that all his inmates are eitheir dead or out in the wild, he will probably go out and be used in a more active fashion. Like hunting down the Level 6 prisonners that didn't join Black Beard's crew.

Magellan did one shot them, but then got beaten half to death by the same crew :p

The same crew plus five people, including one who knew Magellan well and wasn't one to underestimate him :amuse . That's the main problem for people invading Impel Down I think : they know nothing about the prison's inner workings and the people in it. They just know its a terrible prison, but even high-ranking officer of the Marine don't start to imagine the hell prisoners go through and how frighteningly powerful the Head Warden is. His reputation is probably limited to the prison, because it's isolated. Black Beard and his crew wouldn't have been so quickly dispatched if they had known even a little about Magellan.

Fox666
September 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
Well, some notes:

While Magellan put down the Blackbeard pirates, Shiliew warned them later that they underestimated Magellan. Whitebeard also said that Blackbeard has the habit of underestimating his opponent. After all, isn't Shiliew, who joined Blackbeard's crew, supposed to be even more dangerous than Magellan?

Also, running was a good tactic. Magellan had advantage inside Impel Down. Not to say that Crocodile and Jinbei should avoid unecessary battles. Afterall, they did not even run from Akainu, Whitebeard or whoever.

Either way, the CP9 are secret police agents, and Kong is the chief of the World Government. They are not marines. While the marines are the main force in the "Gold Pirate Age", there are other forces inside the government.

Sannom
September 19, 2010, 12:53 PM
While Magellan put down the Blackbeard pirates, Shiliew warned them later that they underestimated Magellan. Whitebeard also said that Blackbeard has the habit of underestimating his opponent. After all, isn't Shiliew, who joined Blackbeard's crew, supposed to be even more dangerous than Magellan?

Black Beard always underestimaye his opponents, but with some reason : he's incredibly resilient to pain and wounds, so much that the first hit rarely put him down. Too bad that Magellan's main poison puts you in a state of constant agony.

Shiliew is considered more dangerous than Magellan, but mostly because he kills for fun and would generally be the one to hunt an intruder instead of Magellan, given the latter's self-inflicted bowels problems. As far as power goes, he's stated to be on the same level as Magellan, but even then he goes out of his way to ensure that Magellan will NOT focus his attention on him and the Black Beard crew before they have regrouped and released the prisoners at level 6 : he makes him blind to the events in the prison, isolates him from Marineford, etc. He's afraid of Magellan like everyone else, but the "same level of power" probably means that they can both take care of the same kind of threats, but that Magellan still has the upper hand in a fight.

zerocooldx
September 19, 2010, 04:08 PM
Magellan taking out BB's crew was more of a plot device to have Shiliew join the BB pirates more so than a showcase of Magellan's power. And Luffy's makeshift prison crew had no intention of fighting Magellan. Their goal was to get out of ID as soon as possible. I'm sure that if they had all wanted to take out Magellan they wouldn't have had much trouble in doing so at all. Overall I'de put Magellan slightly below if not on-par with someone like a Jinbei.

Also Kong is obviously one of the strongest Marine figures that is currently in the manga. Holding the title of former Fleet Admiral and now the Commander-in-Chief of the Marines and/or the WG are definitely positions that aren't just handed out to anyone. I definitely feel that we are going to see a lot more of him once the series returns and progresses. I don't know how strong he is, but i would say that he is probably in the same general category of strength as a Garp and Sengoku.

kkck
September 19, 2010, 07:09 PM
The only reason I would doubt kong is the strongest in the marine is because he is even older than sengoku. He seems to be from a generation before sengoku or gard so he might even be past his 80s. We saw how much WB had weaken due to age and even garp mentioned he was not as strong as before. I can imagine kong having enough strength for it to be considerable but not nearly enough for him to currently be the strongest of the marines.

chess4
September 20, 2010, 12:52 AM
i think the gorousei, kong, garp, and sengoku are the strongest individuals in the WG.

we got a taste of what sengoku and garp can do. it kong was once fleet admiral means he is pretty tough.

the gorousei are interesting. i think they are very strong. maybe the have special fruits that was invented by vegapunk

Cizuz
September 20, 2010, 02:26 PM
i think the gorousei, kong, garp, and sengoku are the strongest individuals in the WG.

we got a taste of what sengoku and garp can do. it kong was once fleet admiral means he is pretty tough.

the gorousei are interesting. i think they are very strong. maybe the have special fruits that was invented by vegapunk

I don't think the gorousei will be that strong. They will be strong, but they are meant as figure heads of the government and I think they are the most protected individual and I think one of them hints to what they are. Of the 5, 4 are really old, except one who only appears in his... 40s maybe, and the whole bonney theory is going around, I through just speculation is that they are that old for a reason, that every so often bonney must make them younger, and was going to make all 5 into their younger forms, and back during the ohara incident they looked the same, no older now. However I think she escaped when making one of them younger, then escaped somehow. Either that or as it's stated, there appearances have NOT altered in 20 years, even though every character to date in flashbacks changed somewhat.

But I digress, it may turn out they were actually leaders during the void century and know everything, may appear they are weak, however of all the scenarios I can think of, them being strong for some reason... Doesn't feel right. We have never seen them fight, or do anything else but give orders. I don't think they are weak either, but admiral level? No... Vice admiral? Well I would say they are strong then majority of them, and one of them may even be close to admiral level. I just see them as authority figures and thats all, if they are strong at all I can't see them being very strong.

Zmsp
September 21, 2010, 05:09 PM
Well,we've seen that someone inside the WG has Flamingo working as mercenary, and Flamingo's one hell of a dude, my money's on him for the title of the strongest SB,so we know for sure that there may be other individuals that work for the WG,not as an oficialized entity,but somehow as a group of mercenaries that are assigned to do things keeping a low profile,much like Moria's death, it was supposed to be covered with the war,who knows what other casualties may have happened that were also covered by the WG?

On a different note,Oda made this 2 year break probably to shake things up a bit,so we're bound to find new marines or recently promoted ones, but I'm also curious about the G-5,perhaps the WG as one or 2 guys over there that are near admiral level, but were not called to the war because the New world is such a constantly moving place,and unprotecting it for a second could mean the entire destruction of their base..

Da Z

Bugzee
September 21, 2010, 08:46 PM
In the past? Yes. :p

Kong is definitely a beast. \o/ Just look at the size of the dude. xD Seriously, I can't wait to see more action from him in the future. As for members of the WG that are stronger than the ones (Sengoku, admirals, etc) we've already seen; I would say we'll see a few more stronger characters but not on the same level as Kong, Sengoku or Garp imo. It's hard to imagine another WG soldier being revealed to be stronger than the current adimral line up lol. For now, I say it's more likely that we'll see a few more characters/soldiers beocming strong as or close to VA-level in the near future.

I don't think we need to see another WG big shot on par with Kong, Sengoku or Garp in regards to strength in the series ATM! I think the appointment of the new Fleet Admiral will clear things up...

BlackSword
September 26, 2010, 02:13 AM
Tbh the Gorousei are most likely going to have a 'unknown' force/shadow force. That answers only to them. Thats just the type of guys they are imo

chess4
September 26, 2010, 06:50 AM
Tbh the Gorousei are most likely going to have a 'unknown' force/shadow force. That answers only to them. Thats just the type of guys they are imo

i think they are the shadow force..............they dont have those scars for nothing. also check on the one dude with the sword, its not for decoration. these guys dont play. its a reason they are at the head of the WG. i bet they are some monsters on the battlefield

GiantAlienHamster
January 16, 2012, 04:02 PM
I allways wondered why the revolutionaries didn't take part at all at the last war. Teaming up with WB would have been such a huge chance to get rid of the Marines for good. Also, they could at least have attacked Marie Joa and tried to capture the Gorousei or the Tenryubito during the battle.

a) One reason maybe, that they were just too weak. this could also explain, why the revolutionaries are not part of the balance of power (Yonkou, Marine and 7S)

b) More interesting would be another thought: while the Marines and 7S are used to balance the power of the yonkou, there's another balance of power between the revolutionaries and the World Government. That would mean the World Government has other considerable strong forces. These could include:
- The Gorousei themselfes
- Kong
- An ancient weapon?
- More secret agencies like CP9, just a lot stronger?
Whatever their powers are, it's enough to scare Dragon away while the Marines are busy.
I think it's pretty common sense now, that Luffy will take down the WG after he found the One Piece in a big war. For story purposses, it would therefore make sense, that the power that the WG posseses is the strongest in the One-Piece-World (otherwise they wouldn't be a challenge for the Pirate King).

Another thing: I've allways been waiting for someone to have the tiger-fruit. It would be the strongest of all "normal" zoans as the tiger is the strongest of all carnivorous animals. Furthermore, in East-Asian mythology the tiger is the main enemy of the dragon. Well, we all know who the "dragon" is ;) So who's the tiger? I bet it's one of the Gorousei, maybe actually their leader (if there is one). The fruit would make him the perfect Zoan-fighter.

Kaiten
January 16, 2012, 07:04 PM
The Revolutionaries are considered a threat to the Governments very existence. They do not fit in the same category as the Yonkou, instead compare them to Roger, the true history, ancient weapons, and poneglyphs. The Revolutionary Army is a threat that needs to be eradicated no matter what. They can not be allowed to be part of a balance of power, any balance of power. Now that Luffy's heritage is known he is in a situation similar to Ace: no longer just a pirate but someone who's very existence must be eliminated.

The Yonkou do not pose a threat to the existence of the government, so long as they are kept in check. The whole point of the balance of power is that the Marines and Shichibukai are powerful enough to limit Yonkou power in the Grand Line. Prior to the War the Yonkou were allowed to do as they please in the New World while the Marine and Shichibukai controlled Grand Line. The Marines were secure in the knowledge that the Yonkou kept each other in line, that none were powerful enough to emerge from conflict unscathed. Were there to be open war between Yonkou the winner would not be powerful enough to proceed to Raftel and become Pirate King. That is why the Government panicked when Whitebeard and Shanks met: the balance of power would tip in favor of the alliance.

Jorge D. Dragon
January 17, 2012, 03:41 AM
At some point I also had some doubts as to why Revolutionaries didn't try to help WB, but actually now I think I can understand. I see Dragon having his own agenda. And for now he wants not to eradicate WG by military force, but first to turn countries against them, because the countries actually provide tons of money, manpower for Marines, thus if he manages to turn as many countries as he can against WG it will help the future. Also I believe it's not the right moment. Maybe he wants someone to open the mystery that surrounds history of Void Century. And maybe his bet is on his son Luffy. Thus when he finds the truth he might turn against the WG and at that point Dragon might give a hand to Luffy.
Also I think Dragon doesn't want to act now as a direct force also because at this point I believe that majority of his strong members are not revealed to the World with maybe the exeption of Ivankov. And if he open the disguise... it won't be that good for the future of revolution.

About WG having some other strong members... yes I can clearly see it. Actually I do believe they might have other big Forces apart from Marine. Maybe infantry to opose Revolutionaries? Also there might be some other hidden agencies like CP9. Also we should consider that we got 2 years of timeskip and during these years some people might have gotten way more powerful, especially if someone ate good DFs and trained in a propper way, thus WG might have gotten more powerful. Also if I'm not mistaken Jimbei pointed that with Akainu as Fleet Admiral Marines started getting more power.

GiantAlienHamster
January 17, 2012, 06:11 PM
The Revolutionaries are considered a threat to the Governments very existence. They can not be allowed to be part of a balance of power, any balance of power.

I'm not sure about this. That would imply that the "balance of power" is meant to be something ideological. But IMO it's rather just about what it says: "power". Take 18th century Europe (before the French revolution) for instance. Any state with significant military forces was part of the balance of power back then. You just couldn't say "we don't like the Osman empire as it's a threat to the whole of Christian Europe, so it's not part of it". They were allways part of it as long as they were powerful enough.
IMO the same would go for the revolutionaries. They could easily team up with one or two Yonkous, so if they had significant power, they had to be taken into consideration. That they are natural enemies of the WG does not have to mean that much, as they could still form alliances with other members of the "balance of power". But either they were too weak to be taken into consideration or the WG has other forces outside the Marines to keep them down.

But I see your point and it would definitely make a lot sense too.