PDA

View Full Version : Powers Hana Hana no Mi, the most powerful fruit?

DEATHBOTT
September 27, 2010, 02:27 AM
i was thinking, in the hands of say a person of garps callibre(or anyone who is strong without the use of a fruit) the hana hana no mi would be one of the most powerful fruit if not the most powerful furit seen so far. with the use of haki and and some strength even logia users wouldn't be able to escape your assassination moves. maybe in the future robin will learn haki makeing her an even bigger asset to the straw hats.

Freid
September 27, 2010, 06:57 AM
Really? It indeed will be troublesome if someone of garps calibre had it but then again, what fruit wouldnt be powerful when used by someone like Garp. I do think its abit of an exaggeration to say the hana hana no mi is one of the most powerful devil fruits out there. I would even go as far as to say its not even remotely close to being one of the most powerful fruits. To me, the most powerful devil fruits are devil fruits that are solely meant for fighting like the logias, poison fruit, earthquake fruit, paw paw fruit etc. You will find that fruits that are not specifically combat based wont be as powerful as those that are. Combat based devil fruits tend to be able to cause destruction when even used simply. The most powerful devil fruits wont need strong people using them for them to be powerful. Like you stated, if someone on garps calibre uses it, it will be powerful; well that's why the devil fruit itself is not all that strong.

But if you are talking about usefulness then the hana hana no mi is one of the most if not the most useful devil fruit so far

kkck
September 27, 2010, 09:14 AM
It'd certainly be brutal if used by someone of garp's caliber but outright saying it'd be the strongest fruit is an exageration IMO. The fruit grants a great ability but it comes with weaknesses. If the arms get hurt then garp would get hurt. In that sense, garp could become a huge target for enemies.

zelllogan
September 27, 2010, 11:32 AM
Imagine a kilo kilo no mi used by a decent fighter.

1) To move extremely fast: use the fruit to decrease your weight
2) To attack: use the fast speed from 1) then switch to heavy weight just before hitting the target.

Add Haki in the equation and you got one of the most destructing fruits.

Bugzee
September 27, 2010, 06:32 PM
Garp x Hana Hana no MI! What the hell! I can't even imagine how bad that'll look. :XD

beastboy
September 27, 2010, 06:57 PM
You're forgetting that by mixing the arms the strength multiplys, so just imagine 100 arms of Garp Combined into 2 giant arms and smashing the head of someone, that would certainly hurt more than just shaking my head a little bit (euphemism)!

DEATHBOTT
September 27, 2010, 08:55 PM
just think, he could suprise anyone even if they are logias and attack quickly with attacks like the one robin used on moria but infused with haki and powerful arm strength. 1 hit knock out. it might not have the overall destructive power of the quake fruit or something but in combat i would rather have it (if i was already strong).

Sinistercurt
December 09, 2010, 04:34 PM
Garp.. hana hana no mi..?

GET THE CANNON BALLS.

Poneglyph420
December 09, 2010, 11:51 PM
Well I think most people are using the word Powerful in the Combat/ Destruction sense of the word.. If that's the intended meaning.. Pfft. No way.. However as far as it's versatility and usefulness the Hana Hana no Mi is indeed powerful..
But the users inventiveness in using their DF is what truly makes any DF "Powerful"..

I mean Luffy is freaking rubber......

DEATHBOTT
December 16, 2010, 12:40 AM
Well I think most people are using the word Powerful in the Combat/ Destruction sense of the word.. If that's the intended meaning.. Pfft. No way.. However as far as it's versatility and usefulness the Hana Hana no Mi is indeed powerful..
But the users inventiveness in using their DF is what truly makes any DF "Powerful"..

I mean Luffy is freaking rubber......
if garp had it he would be able to own any character far faster than wb and his quake fruit.

matzik1212
December 17, 2010, 03:02 PM
what the...the most powerful DF...definitely not.... hana hana no mi is robin's DF right...it's a pretty useful DF but i don't think it's very powerful 'cause just like every DF it has some sort of limitation...WB DF was definitely much better than this one ...it's true that it isn't that fast but with the destruction that it makes i don't have any complaints....another DF that i think as very powerful is marco's DF :XD...that's the most powerful IMO ^_^

DEATHBOTT
December 17, 2010, 08:31 PM
what the...the most powerful DF...definitely not.... hana hana no mi is robin's DF right...it's a pretty useful DF but i don't think it's very powerful 'cause just like every DF it has some sort of limitation...WB DF was definitely much better than this one ...it's true that it isn't that fast but with the destruction that it makes i don't have any complaints....another DF that i think as very powerful is marco's DF :XD...that's the most powerful IMO ^_^
did you read my post? it's not powerful at the moment because it is in the hands of robin but if garp had it he would be able to 1 hit ko most people from a distance much faster than with the quake quake fruit or any others i can think of at the moment.

Poneglyph420
December 18, 2010, 11:15 PM
if garp had it he would be able to own any character far faster than wb and his quake fruit.

did you read my post? it's not powerful at the moment because it is in the hands of robin but if garp had it he would be able to 1 hit ko most people from a distance much faster than with the quake quake fruit or any others i can think of at the moment.

It's clear that your firm in your opinion. That's cool, but I also disagree vehemently.. Clearly the most important opinion (Oda) thinks Robin is best suited for the Hana Hana no Mi.. And I agree.. Robin is clever, cunning and far more than capable. Sure she doesn't have the physical power of Garp or Rayleigh, or the level of Haki either..
But has survived for 20 years on her own... and been with Dragon and the RA for 2 years.. No doubt she is a worthy combatant and DF user...

Unlike Garp she doesn't randomly fall asleep in the middle of fights or act nearly as recklessly as Garp. IMO DF like the Gura Gura, or Yami Yami or Pika Pika are far more powerful in the combat sense of the word..

However I understand you don't understand...

DEATHBOTT
December 19, 2010, 05:01 AM
im not argueing who its 'best' suited for or saying robin isn't worthy of it and is weak. im saying that in the right hands it would be one of the most deadly friut. i doubt very highly that oda belives that if garp and robin both had the fruit and they fought, robin would win.

not that it matters but if garp fell asleep when it mattered he would be dead and i havnt seen any reckless behaviour from him either.

i don't see how you can react to arms growing out of your back and beating the shit out of you with haki unless you were both physically stronger and more skilled at haki. that includes any users of the fruit you mentioned.

but hey, i understand that you don't understand that i understand. ;)

matzik1212
December 19, 2010, 08:40 AM

well it doesn't matter in wich hands this DF is 'cause IMO it's still not that powerful or great like you say:XD but i still don't get how can you compare it with the tremor fruit or any others ...it's like you didn't see the real thing in action and besides the tremor fruit is fast enough ....you probably say this based on when WB created a tsunami and the effects happend after some time and not right away but that was obvious since that attack could destroy even an island and it takes time to form itself ^_^ there were others moves that WB used during the war that were faster and much more destructive that hana hana no mi could ever be period :eyeroll

kulugo
December 19, 2010, 10:07 AM
any fruit in the right hands are ofc powerful.. see chopper.

3000PoemsWritten
December 19, 2010, 06:05 PM
I agree with Kulugo

An inventive and powerful mind like Vegapunk could do some serious damage with that fruit.

Shanks, He's hinted to have extremely potent/powerful HAKI. In his hands he could take down the Admirals in one foul swoop.

matzik1212
December 20, 2010, 08:12 AM
i was saying that i don't think this fruit is the most powerful 'cause that's the topic of this thread...i wasn't saying that it isn't powerful at all:amuse of course every DF has it's own ability and if the user understands his DF i think no matter the ability he will become the strongest...if the one who has a DF doesn't know how to use it then no matter how badass that fruit may be it will be useless....i don't think we meet anyone in one piece that knows everything about his own DF even luffy which has the gomu gomu no mi since he was little hasn't mastered all the possibilities that his fruit has ....after the timeskip he improved a lot and he was able to use gear 2 only on his hand that proves that if he masters better his DF then it will pe posssible that the gomu gomu no mi could become the strongest DF 'cause IMO it depends on the person who owns it...anyway i still think WB DF and marco's are the most powerful fruits in one piece for now if the users manage to discover the real extense of their power^_^

DEATHBOTT
December 20, 2010, 02:47 PM
well it doesn't matter in wich hands this DF is 'cause IMO it's still not that powerful or great like you say:XD but i still don't get how can you compare it with the tremor fruit or any others ...it's like you didn't see the real thing in action and besides the tremor fruit is fast enough ....you probably say this based on when WB created a tsunami and the effects happend after some time and not right away but that was obvious since that attack could destroy even an island and it takes time to form itself ^_^ there were others moves that WB used during the war that were faster and much more destructive that hana hana no mi could ever be period :eyeroll

im not talking about who can destroy an island first. im talking about in one on one combat which df is the most powerful. and no i wasnt baseing it off wb's tsunami attack that might be good for takeing out armies and islands but not for 1 on 1 combat. even his punches and swings aren't faster than the instantanious arms that could appear on his body and beat the shit out of him with enormous haki powered strength. his shock waves take time to travel to the target.
[hr]

i was saying that i don't think this fruit is the most powerful 'cause that's the topic of this thread...i wasn't saying that it isn't powerful at all:amuse of course every DF has it's own ability and if the user understands his DF i think no matter the ability he will become the strongest...if the one who has a DF doesn't know how to use it then no matter how badass that fruit may be it will be useless....i don't think we meet anyone in one piece that knows everything about his own DF even luffy which has the gomu gomu no mi since he was little hasn't mastered all the possibilities that his fruit has ....after the timeskip he improved a lot and he was able to use gear 2 only on his hand that proves that if he masters better his DF then it will pe posssible that the gomu gomu no mi could become the strongest DF 'cause IMO it depends on the person who owns it...anyway i still think WB DF and marco's are the most powerful fruits in one piece for now if the users manage to discover the real extense of their power^_^
what do you mean if they understand their friut they will become the 'strongest'? some friut are inherently more useful than others for certain situations. mr 3 wax friut and buggy's fruit might be useful in some situations but in one on one combat could never beat a user of the gura gura no mi. the question is, would luffy be stronger if he mastered the gura gura no mi over the gomu gomu no mi? some fruit are better than others for one on one combat. i think in the right hands the hana hana no mi is one of the best if not the best fruit in that situation.
[hr]

I agree with Kulugo

An inventive and powerful mind like Vegapunk could do some serious damage with that fruit.

Shanks, He's hinted to have extremely potent/powerful HAKI. In his hands he could take down the Admirals in one foul swoop.

the only problem with shanks useing it is it wouldn't sprout his sword so he would have to rely on his strength and haki alone. thats why i think garp would be a good candidate because of him being an unarmed fighter with enormous strength who doesn't use a df and can use haki. he would decimate the admirals.:D

matzik1212
December 21, 2010, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=DEATHBOTT;2227302]im not talking about who can destroy an island first. im talking about in one on one combat which df is the most powerful. and no i wasnt baseing it off wb's tsunami attack that might be good for takeing out armies and islands but not for 1 on 1 combat. even his punches and swings aren't faster than the instantanious arms that could appear on his body and beat the shit out of him with enormous haki powered strength. his shock waves take time to travel to the target.
<hr noshade size="1">

what do you mean if they understand their friut they will become the 'strongest'? some friut are inherently more useful than others for certain situations. mr 3 wax friut and buggy's fruit might be useful in some situations but in one on one combat could never beat a user of the gura gura no mi. the question is, would luffy be stronger if he mastered the gura gura no mi over the gomu gomu no mi? some fruit are better than others for one on one combat. i think in the right hands the hana hana no mi is one of the best if not the best fruit in that situation.
<hr noshade size="1">

you know i think that gomu gomu no mi if mastered on a different lvl could for sure be as strong as gura gura no mi or why not even stronger:amuse i'm sure you don't agree with me but that's my opinion:XD after all oda gave this fruit to luffy for a certain reason that we still don't know so this mean there will be more surprises awaiting for us ^_^ even on one on one battle i still don't get what you see in this fruit that makes you see it as the most powerful:eyeroll...and about what i was babbling:tem about the understanding of the fruit i was just stating what's obvious:) if u remember what BB said to ace about how long he has been waiting for the yami yami no mi and that he studied what that fruit can do that's why he wanted it that much that made me come with this theory...IMO one can extract the fruits real power by understanding it and of course through experience just like how luffy discoverd a way to become stronger that only him and no one else could use when he created the 2nd and 3rd gear...

Poneglyph420
December 21, 2010, 05:50 PM
Well if the DF's "Power" is determined by it's user, I'm not sure it qualifies as the strongest DF. If the Hana Hana no Mi isn't the strongest DF in Robin's hands.. Then I'd nominate a DF that regardless of user is scary powerful...

The thing about a powerful Haki user using the Hana Hana no Mi is that when faced against another powerful Haki user the advantage is minimal..
Also if the opponent is aware the user has the Hana Hana no Mi, the surprise of attacks like "clutch" would be meaningless.

I'd personally side with the Gura Gura as the most potentially "powerful" DF. It was scary when a pro like WB had it.. and just as scary if not more so in the hands of BB....

That said I do think that once/If Robin develops some Haki aptitude it will be scary to be her opponent....

king Rayleigh
April 12, 2011, 10:24 AM
if robin can grow an arm to the inside of the oppenent's body & smash his/her heart she will be untouchable & she can really role the world ofcours she needs haki to this..

it's just something I thought about when I saw her ability for the first time

one more thing..I remember she mentioned something about her ability to fly or let's say fell down gently:p for 10 seconds...if she can master this she will be amazing..!:o

Jorge D. Dragon
April 12, 2011, 02:24 PM
Robin's power is really damn strong. Her fruit basically let her to one-shot the majority of her opponents by breaking a neck. Also by growing hands on people's joints she can break them or throw people in the sea or just make them loose their balance. Her actual ability to throw people in the sea can make her a serious opponent against the majority of DF users, cause after getting in the sea they won't be opponents for her.;)

kkck
April 12, 2011, 02:26 PM
if robin can grow an arm to the inside of the oppenent's body & smash his/her heart she will be untouchable & she can really role the world ofcours she needs haki to this..

it's just something I thought about when I saw her ability for the first time

one more thing..I remember she mentioned something about her ability to fly or let's say fell down gently:p for 10 seconds...if she can master this she will be amazing..!:o

I think it was said robbin can only make things appear in places she can see for the most part.

Uriel
April 12, 2011, 04:14 PM
I don't know. The uses of a DF is unique, therefore depends solely on the person using it. I doubt Gomu Gomu no MI would be as awesome without Luffy. I doubt someone aside Boa would pull out her Mero Mero no MI if it was for someone else.

Characters and their DF are too cohesive to think on separations and because so, it's hard to tell if a DF is the most powerful or not by itself. We only know Gura Gura no Mi is the most dangerous Paramecia because it was stated in-story, which gives us a clear sight of what WG think as as "powerful" (Damage caused instead of any other factor) that could be different than our own perceptions of powerful reading the manga.

Zeltrax
April 13, 2011, 05:42 AM
Vegapunk is dying for that fruit :XD

I won't call Hana Hana no Mi the most powerful fruit tho, there's alot thats stronger, say for instance the bomb fruit that number 5 have, I thought that had a lot of potential.
Hana Hana no Mi have alot of potential too and Robin is doing a good handling it.

LeKuaSimi
April 13, 2011, 06:35 AM
Taking the Gura Gura vs the Hana Hana, what if the Gura Gura user uses his powers to hit the arms that grow on him? Garp would take damage directly. Or take a logia. Where would Garp grow his arms on? Especially if he is up against Akainu. Would he even grow his arms on him? Bad, bad, idea.

About Robin, I think the fruit is perfect for her in the sense that she can gather intelligence by growing eyes or ears. The Hana Hana Fruit isn't the best fruit for fighting, but when it comes to intelligence gathering, it sure beats any other fruit I know. Now if Robin has CoO, she might be able to grow body parts even on places where she can't see..

Uriel
April 13, 2011, 09:14 AM
Taking the Gura Gura vs the Hana Hana, what if the Gura Gura user uses his powers to hit the arms that grow on him? Garp would take damage directly. Or take a logia. Where would Garp grow his arms on? Especially if he is up against Akainu. Would he even grow his arms on him? Bad, bad, idea.

About Robin, I think the fruit is perfect for her in the sense that she can gather intelligence by growing eyes or ears. The Hana Hana Fruit isn't the best fruit for fighting, but when it comes to intelligence gathering, it sure beats any other fruit I know. Now if Robin has CoO, she might be able to grow body parts even on places where she can't see..
I need to remember you that Robin FLEW with WINGS at some point and PUSHED A SHIP IN WATER with a giant hand. It's not useful JUST to gather info, but I see it as a multi-function fruit with a great range of actions (As much as hands, LOL)

Vegapunk is dying for that fruit :XD

I won't call Hana Hana no Mi the most powerful fruit tho, there's alot thats stronger, say for instance the bomb fruit that number 5 have, I thought that had a lot of potential.
Hana Hana no Mi have alot of potential too and Robin is doing a good handling it.
I wonder if Vegapunk doesn't have already a DF. With his knowledge, I be he choose the best one :O

And I did like that fruit, such a waste of coolness.

LeKuaSimi
April 13, 2011, 09:30 AM
I need to remember you that Robin FLEW with WINGS at some point and PUSHED A SHIP IN WATER with a giant hand. It's not useful JUST to gather info, but I see it as a multi-function fruit with a great range of actions (As much as hands, LOL)

But she could not sustain such moves for long, right?

BTW, Zoro's Asura seems to be VERY similar to Hana Hana No Mi.

Uriel
April 13, 2011, 11:43 AM
The wings? Pre time skip, nope.

Shojin
May 01, 2011, 08:23 PM
THE most powerful Devil fruit? No

One of the most powerful? Oh yes! :D

modoki
August 16, 2011, 01:19 PM
A little off topic, but if such a fruit existed that allowed a person to turn into pure "Seastone" would neautralize everything DF.

smoker559
August 16, 2011, 05:42 PM
If she got a technique called The Ball Buster, adding haki would be over kill :P

Apoo
August 16, 2011, 07:17 PM
i think people are overestimating haki, it might have its limits u know, we have neva seen a haki infuse attack on a human and people keep bringing up haki haki haki (i mean like in a real fight, i will say garp hitting marco doesnt count coz i will classify that as just a normal garp punch), Oda might ended up having a limitation that u dont like.
About the DF, i think like someone said Oda think this fruit suit robin so that the final decision coz ifs wont cut it i mean i dont know how u expect robin to add haki to submission moves, robin doesnt puch or kick, she assassinate with submissions so i believe the fruit wont suit some1 with destructive power like Garp etc coz it will be very bad for them in battle, i mean some1 like garp fight very powerful pirates and all.
I will love to see Garp do the rain of cannon balls with this DF though

kulugo
August 18, 2011, 07:59 AM
multiple giant robins? multiple mini robins (like 6 inches)? that's awesome.

kimochiman
August 18, 2011, 04:54 PM
The hana hana no mi is certainly a power devil fruit in a one on one fight as it would catch the opponent off guard. However as per the title of this thread "most powerful fruit" I don't think so, and here is why.

Hypothetical situation: Robin vs. Black Beard (pre marineford war).

Lets say BB only has the power of the yami yami no mi at this time, and he's on the same level of fighting/strength as Robin. If any limbs were to sprout out of BB, all he would have to do is activate his devil fruit powers (the limbs are already touching his body), and the limbs would disappear.

Proof: "The most unique and powerful advantage of the fruit is that the user also has the ability to nullify the powers of other Devil Fruits by simply touching the user and draining them of their abilities. All types of Devil Fruit, be it a Paramecia, Zoan, or Logia, are affected by this, though Logias are most affected as they can no longer transform into their respective element." - taken from one piece wikia.

This same argument can be applied to a battle between Garp and BB. If Garp were to have the hana hana no mi's power, BB can simply do the same, to nullify the hana hana no mi's powers. (NOT SAYING BB CAN DEFEAT GARP IN A 1 VS 1 BATTLE).

So we can conclude that this means one of two things: the hana hana no mi is not the strongest devils fruit, even in the right hands, or the yami yami no mi is the strongest fruit... as it is essentially grants busoshoku haki qualities among other powers.

ErosVp
August 19, 2011, 12:35 AM
Garp could create a giant limb on the ground behind BB and give a giant punch cloaked with haki! He doesn't have to create the limb on BB to catch him off guard, he can just create it nearby...

kimochiman
August 19, 2011, 06:03 AM
what about that black aoe attack?