PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Nami's origin

Yumelei
October 03, 2010, 04:57 AM
Hello,

I was wondering about her new appareance...
Doesn't she look like Portgas D Rouge ? And her ability to sense grand line hard-to-predict weathers, ressembles a lot : Haki of observation/prediction ??

My guess is that she has a D blood in her from her true parents. Remember she was an adopted child so her birth is still unknown.

What do you think ?

St Michael
October 03, 2010, 05:03 AM
It would be troublesome if every single capacity is related to haki , don't you think ? :D

I would prefer that it remains mastery of a weather science.

But maybe she do have D blood... that said , I don't see how it would be useful for the story ..

Plus the D are meant to be relatively rare.

Yumelei
October 03, 2010, 05:14 AM
the ability to sense even the smallest change in the weather... that's definitely not normal (human) ability. :D

And her appareance is really puzzling.. if she has D blood that would perhaps explain her capacity and this could be a good plot to develop alter.. hm ?

It's not that I want to see haki's user everywhere or D blooders.
It's just that somehow her character has always been... mysterious (well for me that it)
haha perhaps i'm really seeing things. xD

kkck
October 03, 2010, 10:22 AM
How would being a D explain anything? Being a D is a big deal in OP and the mark of people with the capacity to change the world and perhaps even a mark of people with exceptional characters/personality. It is most definitely not, however, pixidust nor any other kinda of magical solution to other problems. I recall a few times when nami has predicted an immediate change in weather and it has yet to be something magical in any way. When she has predicted the weather, she has always been able to instantly feel small changes around. From what the manga has shown, nami can actually feel changes in pressure and humidity around her. That is so far what has allowed her to predict weather accurately and fast. It is possible observation haki actually allows her to be that sensitive to her surroundings though. Haki, unlike being a D, is something which has been explained and EVERYONE has or has the capacity to acquire. It would go as far as to make sense. From what I can tell, haki should be pretty much standard (some would even say generic) among actual strong people so nami having an attitude towards observation haki and subconsciously use it to feel her surroundings would not be strange. If I recall, being in the war actually awakened coby's aptitude towards observation haki. Nami has been through her fare share of hard battles since she was a little girl in arlongs crew and made a living from robin pirates. It really would not be strange if she has subconsciously developed a degree of OH.

Newkerzy
October 03, 2010, 10:35 AM
To be honest, it would be very interesting if Nami had the blood of D. I've always had a strange feeling she'll be playing a major role after the time-skip. As for Nami being able to use observation Haki, I feel that it is possible for her. so I agree with you kkck. She may get a good picture of it if Luffy or Rayleigh ever explains it.

Yumelei
October 03, 2010, 02:33 PM
Well perhaps not the blood of D but i have the feeling, her true parents are some big names... who ? .. that's a good story to develop..?

For Haki of Observation, i'm pretty sure that's a form of it. Predicting things by feelings alone that's one of the description of OH. So it could be haki that she's develop inconsciously as you say. She had this ability even before entering grand line too.

kkck
October 03, 2010, 09:30 PM
It is worth noting however, that even if OH has something to do with nami's ability to predict the weather, it is not precisely something magical. Nami has knowledge and understanding of the weather, that is the most important thing here. OH would theoretically enable her to feel her surroundings however the reason that helps is because she has the knowledge to properly interpret the information she gathers. Basically haki would be a tool which would enable her to gather information of her surroundings but it is still up to her to properly read said information.

Uriel
October 04, 2010, 12:00 AM
Well, you've to give her credit. It's not only knowledge, she almost can FEEL the changes. And that's something said in Strong World, which could be very well take as canon.

Anyway, I doubt She's a D.

kkck
October 04, 2010, 12:04 AM
Isn't that what I said? She can feel the weather conditions around her change and based on that make accurate predictions?

El-Thor
October 04, 2010, 12:12 AM
Nami is a really gifted navigator and that's that. Her having the blood of a D or something would make the story more boring. Next thing we know Usopp has the color of the conqueror -_-

Poneglyph420
October 04, 2010, 12:29 AM
I'd expect Chopper to be a "D" before Nami... But it would be cool if her parents were also well known pirates of map makers or something. I doubt we will ever know...
Bellmere was her mom anything more at this point makes little sense to me...

Fox666
October 04, 2010, 07:13 AM
If I am not wrong, Nami was said to have been left by pirates during a storm, and Bellemere found her and Nojiko.

That's something I was disappointed with Strong World. With that trailer of Nami lefting the crew and all, I was expecting Shiki to be his biological father.

Lord Rayleigh
October 04, 2010, 07:54 AM
Who cares about the SH parents ? They're all children of the sea :p

I'm only interesting in Garp and Dragon because they are some of the most important characters in the world of One Piece. I don't want to learn about Luffy's mother. If she was interesting, someone would have mentioned that Luffy was also her son at Marineford. There is no point to involve her in the story if it's just to show who is Luffy's mother, and it's the same with any other parent of one of the Straw Hats.

kulugo
October 04, 2010, 07:58 AM
lets not make one piece new world revolve around haki. im hoping not all strength has a connection from haki, like Franky's strength.

chess4
October 04, 2010, 09:58 AM
Who cares about the SH parents ? They're all children of the sea :p

I'm only interesting in Garp and Dragon because they are some of the most important characters in the world of One Piece. I don't want to learn about Luffy's mother. If she was interesting, someone would have mentioned that Luffy was also her son at Marineford. There is no point to involve her in the story if it's just to show who is Luffy's mother, and it's the same with any other parent of one of the Straw Hats.

i agree luffys mother will not become important until until dragons past is explained

Uriel
October 04, 2010, 11:01 AM
Isn't that what I said? She can feel the weather conditions around her change and based on that make accurate predictions?
Yup. I wasn't trying to confront what you said :blink

Niirouge
October 09, 2010, 08:01 PM
As much as I love Nami, I'd prefer it if she weren't a "D"...

I don't exactly know why, but it would ruin the mood and trivialise the significance of those who carry the "Will of D" if an average character just suddenly proclaimed or was deemed one of the 'chosen ones'... (dramatic, I know)

But I'm all for her having a large role in the future or ending! ;)
And with her navigational skills, I'd imagine she would continue to travel instead of settling down :) Sorry if that was a little off-topic *cough*

Newkerzy
October 14, 2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I've always wanted her to have a bigger role in the cast. Nami was Luffy's second crewmate (although not officially at the time) so she definitely needs more character development and more spotlight.

kkck
October 14, 2010, 09:43 AM
Nami has always had an important role though and she generally is given preference over other strawhats though(depending on the arc). She does not have the spotlight as much as luffy or zoro but with sanji it varies to some extent (he fights the third strongest person every arc) and she definitely gets more of a spotlight than ussop, chopper, robin, franky and brook.

anaskr
October 15, 2010, 02:35 PM
well then all the strawhats are should be from the D blood line.. why ?

Monkey D Luffy - Has a D :P
Roronoa Zoro - Super Strong shows sign of D,can feel the voices of things as he said when fighting Mr.1 .. might be stronger than luffy when they fight :P
Sanji: Well his kicks are stronger than steel even zeff could be Zeff D Cook :P
Usopp: His eyesight is so sharp i guess he is also a D... and maybe even the sharpshooter in BB's group is
Franky: well he makes machines look at the ship its like our Real age but still behind vegapunk i guess both can be D's
Brook:Well he has the power of singing...now he can control people by singing.. maybe even he has the will of D
Chopper: he can cure almost any disease maybe even he has tge will of D
Robin: had the power to survive since childhood..good knowledge about everything... maybe even she has the will of D

and nami: being so hot at this age and having a power to sense the weather... well you can say she also can be from the D family !!

so you see .. each to his own... you cant say that nami is from a D family .. if everyone is from the same family and dont have a unique power being in different families and coming from different seas then there is no fun :)

deffkryz
November 20, 2010, 01:14 AM
Nami? Well... Silk, one of her prototypes from the Romance Dawn Oneshots was the daughter of a pirate. I actually would like to see her being Shanks' offspring...

Channy
November 20, 2010, 02:29 AM
Nami? Well... Silk, one of her prototypes from the Romance Dawn Oneshots was the daughter of a pirate. I actually would like to see her being Shanks' offspring...

You know i dont know why but i can see that for some reason and it would be an awesome twist

Aikidoka
November 20, 2010, 03:08 AM
I agree with most people that Nami isn't (or shouldn't be, based on personal opinion) a D. As for Haki of Observation though, it's certainly a possibility. As kkck pointed out on the first page, everyone has the potential for Haki, so there's a chance Nami's ability could stem from latent Haki.

However, Nami's navigational ability so far just seems to be just that, ability. Each of the SHs have been unparalleled in their own area of expertise (Brooke with music, Sanji with cooking), so it should follow that Nami should be among the best at navigating. If Nami's ability came from Haki, Oda would have dropped a few hints by now...and we know he's a master at foreshadowing (Rayleigh, anyone?).

Even if Oda decides to say that Nami's ability came from Haki, he'd probably take it slow and hint at it first. Similar to how Shanks was the first shown Haki user, then ~100 chapters later Luffy used it for the first time, and then ~100 chapters after that he finally learned what it was.

Either way, if Nami has Haki, we probably won't know for another year or two at least.

MaiSiaoSiao
November 20, 2010, 05:51 AM
well then all the strawhats are should be from the D blood line.. why ?

Monkey D Luffy - Has a D :P
Roronoa Zoro - Super Strong shows sign of D,can feel the voices of things as he said when fighting Mr.1 .. might be stronger than luffy when they fight :P
Sanji: Well his kicks are stronger than steel even zeff could be Zeff D Cook :P
Usopp: His eyesight is so sharp i guess he is also a D... and maybe even the sharpshooter in BB's group is
Franky: well he makes machines look at the ship its like our Real age but still behind vegapunk i guess both can be D's
Brook:Well he has the power of singing...now he can control people by singing.. maybe even he has the will of D
Chopper: he can cure almost any disease maybe even he has tge will of D
Robin: had the power to survive since childhood..good knowledge about everything... maybe even she has the will of D

and nami: being so hot at this age and having a power to sense the weather... well you can say she also can be from the D family !!

so you see .. each to his own... you cant say that nami is from a D family .. if everyone is from the same family and dont have a unique power being in different families and coming from different seas then there is no fun :)
Lol if the whole SH crew has a D.Then the mystery of D wouldn't be much of a surprise alr..

marko71
November 21, 2010, 06:53 PM
It would be troublesome if every single capacity is related to haki , don't you think ? :D

I would prefer that it remains mastery of a weather science.

Haki? Why not? The Kuja pirates all have haki. Every person has two types of haki. The commanders of the whitebeards have those two hakis, so why not, the whole SHs having haki idea? :D

About Nami. She sure resembles Rogue now, but beeing a D. is very far. She resembles, she isn't her child. I guess. It's said that Nami is 18 years old (before time-skip). Ace was 20 when he died. Rogue died after giving birth to Ace, so she couldn't possibly be her daughter.