PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 598 Discussion / 599 Prediction Thread 2nd Part

MangaHelpers
October 03, 2010, 12:39 PM
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is 63692

Kaiser Will
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63691) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/announcement.php?f=922&a=76). This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled.

The chapter is out, grab it at the usual places ;)

Zoro #1
There is no way that he got a new sword. If there is a new one then the curse sword is the only one I think is replace because the other 1 of the other is too important to be gone. And the one he got from triller bark, he haven't even have a chance to use that much.

Nahhh the drawing and the coloring made it look like a new sword, i was wrong its his old cursed sword.

BlackSword
October 03, 2010, 12:48 PM
We've been jostled to a new location! :(
Anyway, I think it would be awesome of the Fake SH went completely ignored or got 'accidentally defeated'. Anyone remember those meat eating rabbits from Drum Empire arc? the little one that kept attacking Zoro/Sanji and they just kept dodging it not paying it any attention? That would be so epic. (Eventually Sanji got annoyed and kicked it to the moon but still...) Imagine doing that to the Fake SH? LMAO! I mean they are obviously not even in the same league as the Real Crew... It's sort of like 'we wont fight you...' 'WHY NOT?!' 'Cause your pathetically weak...' lolz

iloveonepiece
October 03, 2010, 12:58 PM
TBh i want to see as little of king haki as possible. As in my opinion most badies in the manga are pretty detestable. Like the Celestal Dragon... nothing short of a gomu gomu pistol into their groin would be enough to satisfy their punishment.

I hate it when that girl one who was gonna shoot Cami got king Haki by Rayeigh in the auction house. She got off easy with just a little foam in the mouth.

Lugo
October 03, 2010, 01:10 PM
I can't wait to see Lu's Haki powers in action! Hes going to be so fearsome in the new world now that he and his crew have returned 2 years later. Their bounties will be even higher then before, its more likely to have double from the previous ones. >x)

Darkdrone
October 03, 2010, 01:11 PM
Wow moving the discussion thread somewhere else...anyway if zoror does get new swords u hope it happens soon. I am I the only person who thinks zoros three sword a are needed for serious situations while on regular enemies one sword is good enough. I think maybe he needs on big sword and two small ones for one on one fights

Zoro #1
October 03, 2010, 01:20 PM
Wow moving the discussion thread somewhere else...anyway if zoror does get new swords u hope it happens soon. I am I the only person who thinks zoros three sword a are needed for serious situations while on regular enemies one sword is good enough. I think maybe he needs on big sword and two small ones for one on one fights

The swords that zoro has for now are good swords, but lets face it zoro in the future will have too replace one of them for one of the 12 greatest sword like mihawk has.

Uriel
October 03, 2010, 01:21 PM
You know, I think people worries too much about the swords. I think a swordsman is defined by their skills, not the swords it has. And Zoro already have three really good ones. I don't see even the NEED to change them.

Junaid_Sennin
October 03, 2010, 01:22 PM
SO, my predictions for ch599:

Starts with Robin arriving at Shakky's bar, cue Sanji's nervous breakdown at how hot she is. Robin asks Shakky to fill her in on what's going on on the archipelago, i.e. about Brook's music career and the fake Straw Hats.

Skip to Chopper panicking about "Robin's" kidnapping, and he's about to run after her when the real Zorro shows up, just like he did the time he almost attack the Tenryuubito. Chopper is confused between Zoro and the fake Straw Hats, and the fake straw hats realise Zoro is real, and start sweating. Zoro notices that they're impersonating.

Skip to Luffy and fake Luffy. Fake Luffy runs his mouth, Luffy says he apologised, fake shoots, Luffy's already behind him breathing down his neck, he turns around and gets haoushoku'd, Luffy walks on, Fake Franky and Fake Sogeking carry fake Luffy, and later meet up with fake Nami and tell her that they need to get their people together to hunt down Usopp, Nami and Luffy. Fake Franky says fake Nami should find the other fakes, fake sogeking should round up the pirate crews that joined them, and he, fake franky, is going to personally go and get the brothers that are 210 000 000 and 190 000 000.

That's all I got for now.

Zoro #1
October 03, 2010, 01:25 PM
You know, I think people worries too much about the swords. I think a swordsman is defined by their skills, not the swords it has. And Zoro already have three really good ones. I don't see even the NEED to change them.

No one said that they are bad swords, but still if you look at Zoro he is nuts about finding good and powerful swords, the swords zoro has are good and strong swords, but the problem is with the cursed sword, though its a sharp sword it's considered to be of the worst grade. And i think this is the only problem people have with Zoro using that sword.

k-dom
October 03, 2010, 01:26 PM
Something just went to my mind :
If Brook did a world tour, he should have been able to meet laboon again, shouldn't he :-) ?

Junaid_Sennin
October 03, 2010, 01:28 PM
As for the Zoro sword debate, I don't think he's gonna get a new sword any time soon (soon being within 50 chapters), but I think when it does happen, he'll be replacing Sandai Kitetsu, since it's his lowest ranked sword. Wado Ichimonji and Shuusui are both the same rank, O Wazamono, and we know he will always keep Wado Ichimonji as a memento of Kuina and their promise.

It doesn't even need to be a replacement. Who says Zoro can only have three swords at one time just because he only uses three at once? He can be a collector, or maybe just run into a good sword, at a shop or in the posession of a enemy, and attain it.

On a side note, I'm wondering whether cursed swords and temperamental swords may have special traits that one can access once you've completely tamed the sword. Like we already know Kitetsu cuts everything, so it should be handled with care as it could even cut Zoro himself, and we know that Shuusui's power is hard to handle, so maybe if Zoro masters these swords they manifest unique traits.

chess4
October 03, 2010, 01:30 PM
i think next chapter we will see zoro and frankie together, then chopper will be chasing after the fake robin and run into the real one. obviously we will see the confrentation between fake luffy and luffy

we will probably see the marines mobilizing

tothx
October 03, 2010, 01:31 PM
I just noticed that the G1 (Marineford) branch commander seems to be one of the vice admirals we saw in the marineford arc. And as Vice Admiral he would be a haki user.

iloveonepiece
October 03, 2010, 01:33 PM
you guys think if brook still uses his cane? or he's gonna use the guitar and that pimped up sword in the color spread as weapon from now on?

Darkdrone
October 03, 2010, 01:47 PM
^ True but u know the vice admirals all seem old to me and so wouldn't be suprising that they have haki. not to mention luffy had one year of learning the basics and another year of homing his skills. He should be a beast but I still give the edge to the VAs due to experience. Give luffy a couple of years and we could expect full mastery of haki.

Zoro #1
October 03, 2010, 02:07 PM
^ True but u know the vice admirals all seem old to me and so wouldn't be suprising that they have haki. not to mention luffy had one year of learning the basics and another year of homing his skills. He should be a beast but I still give the edge to the VAs due to experience. Give luffy a couple of years and we could expect full mastery of haki.

in matter of experience the VA have and edge on Luffy but in the matter of physical strength, creativity, and stamina I would say Luffy has the better hand.

but then again these are just my opinions.

Darkdrone
October 03, 2010, 02:13 PM
^ Maybe but if he already VA level and we are half way through the grand line all that is left is admiral and yankou. I am not saying it's hard but luffy has to realistically get those level through YEARS of experience. It's a little ridiculous for him to be at admiral level after one island. Its too fast maybe after fishman island he can surpass the VA level. Also I wonder how many years luffy shed off his life with combo of gears and iva's hormones. He should just learn the roushiki techiques. How he would do is beyond me but luffy has to stop using gear 2.

SpecterJ201988
October 03, 2010, 02:20 PM
I don't think we are going to see Luffy Vs. Fake Luffy just yet. They are going to start to square off, but, before things can get going and Luffy reviles that its him, Fake Zorro and Fake Sanji will interrupt. Luffy will appear puzzled for a moment but quickly get a handle on what's happening. He'll check on Robin and the others with COO, and we will see a quick scene where Sanji passes out from blood-loss at the sight of Robin. Then a scene with Nami and Ussop in a new bar where a shadow cloaked figure in the corner smirks and says something like, "So, he's finally here." the figure gets up and walks towards the door saying, "Come on, the captains arrived." to Nami and Ussop as he passes and we get to see the new and improved Zorro (WITH TWO ARMS & THREE SWORDS!!! JUST LIKE HE HAS IN THE PICTURE IN CHAPTER 598!!!). Frank will head towards Shakky's to refill his cola, and Brook will depart from his concert. Luffy will also sense the incoming marine force. with a smirk he will quietly grab Chopper and leave the area while the fakes are arguing. Que reunion scene at Shakky's. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. The Fake Strawhats and the marines will be facing off. just before the fight starts a large number of both sides is going to suddenly pass out. Panning around, standing atop a building, the Real Strawhats arrive.

Silverlord
October 03, 2010, 02:48 PM
I don't think we are going to see Luffy Vs. Fake Luffy just yet. They are going to start to square off, but, before things can get going and Luffy reviles that its him, Fake Zorro and Fake Sanji will interrupt. Luffy will appear puzzled for a moment but quickly get a handle on what's happening. He'll check on Robin and the others with COO, and we will see a quick scene where Sanji passes out from blood-loss at the sight of Robin. Then a scene with Nami and Ussop in a new bar where a shadow cloaked figure in the corner smirks and says something like, "So, he's finally here." the figure gets up and walks towards the door saying, "Come on, the captains arrived." to Nami and Ussop as he passes and we get to see the new and improved Zorro (WITH TWO ARMS & THREE SWORDS!!! JUST LIKE HE HAS IN THE PICTURE IN CHAPTER 598!!!). Frank will head towards Shakky's to refill his cola, and Brook will depart from his concert. Luffy will also sense the incoming marine force. with a smirk he will quietly grab Chopper and leave the area while the fakes are arguing. Que reunion scene at Shakky's. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. The Fake Strawhats and the marines will be facing off. just before the fight starts a large number of both sides is going to suddenly pass out. Panning around, standing atop a building, the Real Strawhats arrive.

very interesting but i think zoro will come to where F.luffy and R.Luffy is ...since he loves to wonder around (lost) bet he's gonna kick some asses there:amuse

xangreigor
October 03, 2010, 02:54 PM
I can't wait 3 more days. I NEED ONE PIECE NOW.
make this a rant thread plx

hahaha, yeah, it feels like it's forever :P

So far the best expectation, no exagarations, nothing much, but still enough to get you pumped :D

gold349
October 03, 2010, 02:55 PM
Something just went to my mind :
If Brook did a world tour, he should have been able to meet laboon again, shouldn't he :-) ?

I think he will keep his promise to Laboon but that meeting will be after he's been to the last sea and island.

this chapter it came cross to me as if Brook was holding something important from his manager/handlers...I think Brook hoodwinked his handlers/managers to take this tour while on it learned/perfected his capabilities gaining more power calculating 2 years to bring him to shabondy...what he will tell his manager I think.

igosuki
October 03, 2010, 03:27 PM
Somehow I see all paths leading to Brook's concert

frontaLobotomy
October 03, 2010, 03:29 PM
I'm just gonna throw this out there, as it's still early days. What do you think of one of these alliance pirates to the fake Straw Hats maybe ending up being recruited by Luffy afterwards? A lot of people are talking about the impending beating the fake crew are going to get, which is likely to happen, but I was thinking that maybe out of some of those people they got might not be bad people. Those Caribou brothers are not Straw Hat Pirate material, but whose to say that one of the others might be cool enough to be asked by real Luffy to join?
It sounds silly, I know, but Oda can spring a suprise of this sort as he has done in the past.

johnnyb7
October 03, 2010, 03:35 PM
haha it looks like Momonga is in charge of G1, i always liked him, seems really strong and cool

I'm really excited to see Luffy k.o. the fake crew with haki haha
[hr]

I'm just gonna throw this out there, as it's still early days. What do you think of one of these alliance pirates to the fake Straw Hats maybe ending up being recruited by Luffy afterwards? A lot of people are talking about the impending beating the fake crew are going to get, which is likely to happen, but I was thinking that maybe out of some of those people they got might not be bad people. Those Caribou brothers are not Straw Hat Pirate material, but whose to say that one of the others might be cool enough to be asked by real Luffy to join?
It sounds silly, I know, but Oda can spring a suprise of this sort as he has done in the past.

I highly doubt it, and it's a way too out of left field prediction, a lot of stuff would have to happen for that

Mische
October 03, 2010, 04:10 PM
I could also see Luffy revealing himself to the Fake SH´s and them being stunned.
I doubt he will beat them up... he will scare the shit out of them and then leave. The Fake SH´s will think of a way to get rid of them by telling their crew (which has grown rather large) that there are a bunch of "Fake SH´s" in town. The Sh´s will annihilate them without a sweat...

Meanwhile the marines will send their force including smoker (who was sent to G1 before they switched position with the HQ and is highly frustrated about having to deal with those rookies instead of going wild in the New World). He will be excited hearing the SH´s have returned... He´ll definately come!
I doubt he will fight Luffy but it might still happen... I never saw smoker as an enemy. He always seemed closer to the SH´s than he himself would admit...

After all the Sh´s need a big incident being published over the world saying: we are back!!!!

ecobot
October 03, 2010, 04:22 PM
I would really love to see the return of Johnny and Yosaku, If you guys can't remember who they was, they are former bounty hunting partners of Zoro during the Baratie and Arlong arcs. These guy are really entertaining. It would be nice to see them change and be more powerful.
Another thing I notice in the chapter (Sorry if somebody already bringing this up) is that Nico Robin was wearing an outfit really resemble most women in Sabaody and can see it clearly in Sanji's women lock on , a loose long skirt with revealing top. So this might not be her primary new outfit or even looks, because she was just trying to blend in right?

http://c.imagehost.org/0931/Robincompair.jpg (http://c.imagehost.org/view/0931/Robincompair)

SharpKnives
October 03, 2010, 04:35 PM

All Va's have Haki. Though I agree they should have the upper hand. The way I see this all playing out is the fake strawhats get into a fight with the real ones and defeat them. Though the fake strawhats enter the new world as there own pirate crew with fake Luffy as the captain depending on how strong he is. They have 100 men and ten with bounties over 70kk. No pirate would pass that up.

In the case that fake Luffy is weak I can see the brothers taking over. In fact that may have been what theey had planned to begin with. Kill Luffy and take over the crew. Oda wouldn't let such a power go to waste. They may even make enemies of the real Luffy and follow him into the newworld.

Either way I hope the crew doesn't disperse. There setup is similar to buggys and a glimpse to how scary pirate crew in the new word will be. I don't think people see the real danger in this crew. Right now this crew probably has a bounty total higher than the real strawhats. Which will make there defeat even sweeter.

Nonlife
October 03, 2010, 04:38 PM
I would really love to see the return of Johnny and Yosaku, If you guys can't remember who they was, they are former bounty hunting partners of Zoro during the Baratie and Arlong arcs. These guy are really entertaining. It would be nice to see them change and be more powerful.

Wouldn't they be surprised to see how much their "brother" has changed. I hope we get to see Franky and Zoro in this next chapter. The Strawhats will probably end up leaving with a ruckus behind them -just like when they left Water 7.

P.S. Since Law has a subamarine, do you think'd he'd already gone to Fisherman's Island? (What is his plan??)

Rody naruto
October 03, 2010, 04:55 PM
^ Maybe but if he already VA level and we are half way through the grand line all that is left is admiral and yankou. I am not saying it's hard but luffy has to realistically get those level through YEARS of experience. It's a little ridiculous for him to be at admiral level after one island. Its too fast maybe after fishman island he can surpass the VA level. Also I wonder how many years luffy shed off his life with combo of gears and iva's hormones. He should just learn the roushiki techiques. How he would do is beyond me but luffy has to stop using gear 2.

why?whats wrong with Gear 2?Dont mind seeing a it with a little bit of haki improvement in it.

SharpKnives
October 03, 2010, 04:59 PM
Gear 2 n 3 are ok, it's not like anyone plans for Luffy to live long anyways. Though he may not really need them all the time. When he becomes as strong as Jozu than I can see him not using gear three all that much just during special attacks. Like sinking a marine ship real quick.

Zoro #1
October 03, 2010, 05:09 PM
Gear 2 n 3 are ok, it's not like anyone plans for Luffy to live long anyways. Though he may not really need them all the time. When he becomes as strong as Jozu than I can see him not using gear three all that much just during special attacks. Like sinking a marine ship real quick.

Sinking a marine ship, you know what i was wondering shanks is a yonkou, so he must have insane strength so how does he sink a marine ships, maybe he uses his haki, as we have seen he did damage to WB ships just by being on the ship. So maybe in the future luffy can take out a marine ship with his haki alone.

Rody naruto
October 03, 2010, 05:23 PM

what do you mean by luffy not living long?:oh?

I agree with u on luffy not having to he's gears that much,since haki provides the power he needs without have him relying that much on is devil fruit.but steal i'd too see "gear 2 and 3 mix with haki"result:hearts.

Darkdrone
October 03, 2010, 05:40 PM
God thing that is retarded is hot fat an ugly they are and know one can tell the difference. It's like everyone doesn't see it. How could a young crew defeating great foes look like that. For gods sake the wanted posters should be enough and yet they theiir the strawhats? Maybe their too scared too see the obvious. I mean fake luffy does have a gun lool. I just think that in the location they in someone should kick their ass... I mean if everyone wants to take them down why aren't pirates flying in kicking ass?

diZmacX
October 03, 2010, 05:51 PM
P.S. Since Law has a subamarine, do you think'd he'd already gone to Fisherman's Island? (What is his plan??)

Every pirate who wants to go to NW has to at least pass through FI, that's a given.

It feels like it's been years since the last time I read OP. 1day=1year? lol

DARK
October 03, 2010, 06:04 PM
What will probably be covered during the next chapter.
- Franky repairing Sunny Go.
- Sanji meeting up with Nami and/or Robin, seeing how much they have "grown."
- Chopper trying to save "Nico Robin" after he/she was kidnapped.
- The Marines calling HQ after being notified that the Straw Hats are on Sabaody Archipelago. We might end up seeing the new Fleet Admiral.
- Luffy VS his fake counterpart

We might get some additional shots of Brook's concert (the real Robin meeting up with him) and seeing Zoro again (this time in person). We don't know where he is at the moment and could just be wandering around "lost."

llamapie
October 03, 2010, 06:31 PM
Anyone else impressed by how beastly Franky looks now? Really curious what improvements he made. Mentos added to his cola?

Bugzee
October 03, 2010, 06:38 PM
I'm happy with Franky's new look. I'll admit though, I preferred his old hairstyle; it was awesome and suited him perfectly. This bald look is quite a strange one lol. I can't wait to see what kind of upgrades and gadgets he has now. Those arms are MASSIVE; there's definitely a lot of "space" within them to take advantage of...imo. :p

Bowser
October 03, 2010, 07:02 PM
Zoro replacing Sandai Kitetsu with Nidai anyone? I'm think he will never use a Saijō Ō Wazamono Grade sword but still...

Rody naruto
October 03, 2010, 07:08 PM
i dont mind franky's new look.I mean as long as he still makes me laugh,im good with it.i hope he has a new choregraphy

Uriel
October 03, 2010, 07:25 PM
No one said that they are bad swords, but still if you look at Zoro he is nuts about finding good and powerful swords, the swords zoro has are good and strong swords, but the problem is with the cursed sword, though its a sharp sword it's considered to be of the worst grade. And i think this is the only problem people have with Zoro using that sword.
He made a cursed sword with enormous power works perfectly under his will. Again, I think you're looking into silly details.

In the same way Luffy can be the Pirate King without a large crew, I think Zoro can be the greatest swordsman without the mightiest sword.

diZmacX
October 03, 2010, 07:28 PM
Anyone else impressed by how beastly Franky looks now? Really curious what improvements he made. Mentos added to his cola?

For me, I love his new look. He's more SUPPPPPEEEERRRRR! now. I can't wait to see him.

elitefox
October 03, 2010, 07:52 PM
Sinking a marine ship, you know what i was wondering shanks is a yonkou, so he must have insane strength so how does he sink a marine ships, maybe he uses his haki, as we have seen he did damage to WB ships just by being on the ship. So maybe in the future luffy can take out a marine ship with his haki alone.

I do believe if mihawk can grind ships so is shanks :D

Imagine him slicing through that except if someone can blocks slashes like josu, else its cut in half or more
[hr]

God thing that is retarded is hot fat an ugly they are and know one can tell the difference. It's like everyone doesn't see it. How could a young crew defeating great foes look like that. For gods sake the wanted posters should be enough and yet they theiir the strawhats? Maybe their too scared too see the obvious. I mean fake luffy does have a gun lool. I just think that in the location they in someone should kick their ass... I mean if everyone wants to take them down why aren't pirates flying in kicking ass?

Let Luffy teach him the real pistol

"gomu gomu no pistol" or maybe for a special treat "gomu gomu no giant pistol" but I doubt if he will be 3d again after that, most likely 2d :tem

Shadoguardian
October 03, 2010, 09:07 PM
What will probably be covered during the next chapter.
- Franky repairing Sunny Go.
- Sanji meeting up with Nami and/or Robin, seeing how much they have "grown."
- Chopper trying to save "Nico Robin" after he/she was kidnapped.
- The Marines calling HQ after being notified that the Straw Hats are on Sabaody Archipelago. We might end up seeing the new Fleet Admiral.
- Luffy VS his fake counterpart

We might get some additional shots of Brook's concert (the real Robin meeting up with him) and seeing Zoro again (this time in person). We don't know where he is at the moment and could just be wandering around "lost."

I'm pretty sure that the Sunny Go was never damaged Duval was said to have done a good job protecting it. I think the main reason Franky went directly to the ship was so that he could upgrade it with all of Vegapunk's ideas. I wonder if it's possible to make the ship bigger, maybe give everyone their own rooms? Though I doubt it.

As for Luffy vs. the fake, we all know that the fake is going to be trashed. I'm more interested in seeing the Strawhats vs. the fakes recruits. They mentioned earlier that they got 10 guys with over 70 million beli bounties, so it will be a good way to demonstrate the Strawhats new strength, not to mention giving them all new bounties, pictures and perhaps even nick-names.

underpants
October 03, 2010, 09:23 PM

are you serious asking about that? Franky's new look now is just SUUUUPPPPPPERRRRRR! wonder if whos bigger, Juzo or Franky :P

Rody naruto
October 03, 2010, 09:23 PM
i think franky is not going to repaire the sunny go but to update it.Like add new wapons and make the Ship more resistant to canons maybe.

TheMoa
October 03, 2010, 09:39 PM
I could also see Luffy revealing himself to the Fake SH´s and them being stunned.
I doubt he will beat them up... he will scare the shit out of them and then leave. The Fake SH´s will think of a way to get rid of them by telling their crew (which has grown rather large) that there are a bunch of "Fake SH´s" in town. The Sh´s will annihilate them without a sweat...

Meanwhile the marines will send their force including smoker (who was sent to G1 before they switched position with the HQ and is highly frustrated about having to deal with those rookies instead of going wild in the New World). He will be excited hearing the SH´s have returned... He´ll definately come!
I doubt he will fight Luffy but it might still happen... I never saw smoker as an enemy. He always seemed closer to the SH´s than he himself would admit...

After all the Sh´s need a big incident being published over the world saying: we are back!!!!

Smoker requested transfer to G5, not G1.

And about the talk of gear 2 damaging Luffy, if i remember well, Lucci said that Luffy's body couldn't keep up with his speed and power in gear 2, thus hurting himself and shortening his lifespan. That said, i don't think that gear 2 will keep hurting him now that he's stronger and his body is used to the new power.

kkck
October 03, 2010, 09:45 PM

And about the talk of gear 2 damaging Luffy, if i remember well, Lucci said that Luffy's body couldn't keep up with his speed and power in gear 2, thus hurting himself and shortening his lifespan. That said, i don't think that gear 2 will keep hurting him now that he's stronger and his body is used to the new power.

There is no evidence to suggest luffy actually trained gear 2 to that degree or that it does not hurt his body. I would find it a tad hard to believe that could even be attained. gear 2 invariably pushes luffy's body past its limits, basically beyond what it can or should handle. In that sense, I don't think it is possible to actually master that power in the way you mentioned. I think at most luffy will be able to control the degree to which he uses gear 2 and limit it so that it does not damage his body or perhaps a few non battle applications for it. Other than that, I don't see gear 2 changing.

ranigurung
October 03, 2010, 09:45 PM
i love sanjii ...zoro lookin good but i dont wanna see him without hand

johnnyb7
October 03, 2010, 09:47 PM
Luffy's gonna fight someone really strong to kick off his return, it's gonna be someone bigger than fake Luffy. My guess is that it's gonna be an admiral.

kkck
October 03, 2010, 09:47 PM
i love sanjii ...zoro lookin good but i dont wanna see him without hand

The image which started this pointless babble about zoro losing an arm actually shows zoro holding a sword with the hand he supposedly lost. Zoro's arm is still there, it just so happens oda (or an assistant) drew an awkward skinny guy.

johnnyb7
October 03, 2010, 09:57 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/35970330/5

Yup, look where the "2 Years Later" is written, it shows Zoro's sword, which has to be held up by his arm haha. I dunno about his eye though, he might have lost that or that might just be a scar. I would think if he lost it he'd have an eye-patch though. So he's just gotta be closing his eye to show it off haha.

BlackSword
October 03, 2010, 09:59 PM

To be honest, people are stuck on the gears as 'Luffy's Super Saiyan' equivalent... However I find it amusing that people completely write off the side effects of the ability and think Oda will remove them. SS & Other abilities like it in the manga world generally speaking have 0 side effects.
Luffy used gears to push himself beyond what his body was capable of. The increase to the blood flow in his body won't change and therefore the side effects are unlikely to change... If he uses gear 2 in his current state he will simply be faster and stronger than his previous gear 2s.
Gear 2 Pushes the body past its limits. It's like a technique to turn off the bodies limiters. The body has limiters stopping it from damaging itself and Gear 2 allows Luffy to ignore those. Gear 2 still pushes his body beyond the limits and if we still see Luffy relying on it it will be severely disappointing... Pretty much saying that yes I'm so weak still after 2 years that I have to practically destroy my body in order to defeat my opponents... Luffy will definitely come up with replacements for Gear 2 whether it be he is just that strong and fast now. Or some evolution of his Gears that allows him a power up without destroying himself. The Gears were only a temporary fix to protect his crew... An Unfinished/Unrefined ability that he was forced to use. Now we should get to see Luffy truly be strong.

givensp
October 03, 2010, 10:08 PM
about the gear 2nd thing, I dont think he actualy trained it or mastered it or anything like that, but I do thing he learned better ways to use it like only for short periods of time and only doing 1 pump of his legs instead of 2, therefore not straining his body to the extent of shorting his life

hdiuy
October 03, 2010, 10:11 PM
Finally ,after such a long wait it feels good to be reading One Piece again.

My thoughts on the new designs
Luffy- While he didn't seem to change much, i find it hard to imagine Luffy fighting with a shirt with 3/4 sleeves.
Zoro- I guess it's kinda symbolic that he got the 'Rayleigh cut', since Rayleigh is the first mate of Roger.
Brooke- I thought that Oda did a good job on the choice of clothing for Brooke. Back then i was wondering what kind of changes Brooke would have since his body won't grow.And the clothing really seems to fit Brooke's new theme.
Nami & Robin- It's going to take time to get used to their new look.
Sanji- I always thought that there would be some problem with his left eye. I never thought that it would be his eyebrow
Ussop- Its weird looking at a 'ripped' Ussop
Franky- Holy shit, i love his design. I was thinking of Jozu when i first saw him

I don't think that the new fleet admiral is Aokiji, the decision to move the HQ doesn't seem to suit Aokiji.Man i cant wait to see Luffy getting rid of the fake Luffy. Crushing the fake SHs ,the new rookies and the marines is going to show how much the SHs have grown.Though i don't think all of the marines are going to be defeated , it will be cool to see the marines weakling stunned at the SHs leaving after defeating the new rookies and the stronger marines.

elitefox
October 03, 2010, 10:33 PM
To be honest, people are stuck on the gears as 'Luffy's Super Saiyan' equivalent... However I find it amusing that people completely write off the side effects of the ability and think Oda will remove them. SS & Other abilities like it in the manga world generally speaking have 0 side effects.
Luffy used gears to push himself beyond what his body was capable of. The increase to the blood flow in his body won't change and therefore the side effects are unlikely to change... If he uses gear 2 in his current state he will simply be faster and stronger than his previous gear 2s.
Gear 2 Pushes the body past its limits. It's like a technique to turn off the bodies limiters. The body has limiters stopping it from damaging itself and Gear 2 allows Luffy to ignore those. Gear 2 still pushes his body beyond the limits and if we still see Luffy relying on it it will be severely disappointing... Pretty much saying that yes I'm so weak still after 2 years that I have to practically destroy my body in order to defeat my opponents... Luffy will definitely come up with replacements for Gear 2 whether it be he is just that strong and fast now. Or some evolution of his Gears that allows him a power up without destroying himself. The Gears were only a temporary fix to protect his crew... An Unfinished/Unrefined ability that he was forced to use. Now we should get to see Luffy truly be strong.

Gear 2 version 2
Gear 3 version 2

and most awaiting Gear 4 or more XD

Trust his body, its made of rubber, the only thing that protects him from gear 2(super high blood pressure is being rubber)

The only side effect of gear 3 is being shrunk after the attack.

kkck
October 03, 2010, 10:36 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/35970330/5

Yup, look where the "2 Years Later" is written, it shows Zoro's sword, which has to be held up by his arm haha. I dunno about his eye though, he might have lost that or that might just be a scar. I would think if he lost it he'd have an eye-patch though. So he's just gotta be closing his eye to show it off haha.

Well, losing an eye is not nearly as bad as losing an arm for zoro. heck, zoro could be altogether blind and that would still not hamper him for long in the long run lol.

jimm120
October 03, 2010, 10:37 PM
Chapter 599 will be a small and quick beatdown of the fake strawhats.

Them heading more towards the concert (with Luffy "stumbling upon it").

And ending with the Marines getting to the island (but not encountering the Strawhats yet).

600 will be the "big" chapter, kind of like Logue Town escape going to the grandline, but this time its to the new world. Here, we'll see a commotion in which the fake strawhats will look for revenge and find the real strawhats at the concert. Then the marines will move in. Marines will somehow attack the fake strawhats and then shift their attention to the real ones. Chapter will end with Brook yelling out the end of his song and boarding the SUnny as it is leaving (somehow from the concert...maybe an upgrade) and thus escaping the Marines, the island, and heading off to the New World. We finally see all of the strawhats together for the first time on the ship.

That is how Oda intends to make chapter 600 memorable.

elitefox
October 03, 2010, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Sunny Go was never damaged Duval was said to have done a good job protecting it. I think the main reason Franky went directly to the ship was so that he could upgrade it with all of Vegapunk's ideas. I wonder if it's possible to make the ship bigger, maybe give everyone their own rooms? Though I doubt it.

As for Luffy vs. the fake, we all know that the fake is going to be trashed. I'm more interested in seeing the Strawhats vs. the fakes recruits. They mentioned earlier that they got 10 guys with over 70 million beli bounties, so it will be a good way to demonstrate the Strawhats new strength, not to mention giving them all new bounties, pictures and perhaps even nick-names.

about nick names...

I don't think there will be a change except for some few people that became known for their abilities/known for like

chopper - pet of all season
nami - damn sexy cat buglar
robin - the revolutionary queen/princess
brook(will now be included in sh official wanted list) - king of souls

chitgoks
October 03, 2010, 10:52 PM
first time i actually see a chapter thread continued to another one ;).

i agree that the coming chapter 600 would probably have the strawhats ready and leaving for fishman island. then again ... we still wont know what happened after kuma showed up on the sunny. i dont think shakky and rayleigh find it important to tell them about it.

only one i could think of telling the SH about it is duval since he's so proud of protecting it from the enemies

Lugo
October 03, 2010, 10:59 PM
Gear 2 version 2
Gear 3 version 2

Trust his body, its made of rubber, the only thing that protects him from gear 2(super high blood pressure is being rubber)

The only side effect of gear 3 is being shrunk after the attack.Well, from all side effects aside. I think pretty Lu trained himself to fully control his Gears to ascend to greater heights then before (such has removing the side effect of G2 of shorting the Life Span and G3's side effect of shirking). With "Haki" infused with the Gears and the attacks, it be something to see in action that's going to be extremely badass and maybe like was said before above: That he may have developed a new Gear that's just as powerful as G2 and G3 over the 2 years of training. (A.K.A. Gear 4 lol)

zerocooldx
October 03, 2010, 11:00 PM
about the gear 2nd thing, I dont think he actualy trained it or mastered it or anything like that, but I do thing he learned better ways to use it like only for short periods of time and only doing 1 pump of his legs instead of 2, therefore not straining his body to the extent of shorting his life

As Luffy gets naturally faster and stronger Gear 2 and Gear 3 will also increase in speed and strength. So from the very beginning Oda clearly intended the two Gears to increase in effectives as Luffy grew more powerful. And i actually like that. Because in most other Mangas characters abandon these types of techniques for "bigger" and "better" ones that are more and more over the top and just ridiculous. But i don't see that at all happening with Luffy and his Gears. The basic principle of Gear 2 and Gear 3 is to provide a temporary "steroid" type of a catalyst to his natural speed and strength. Which is something that is only improved upon through basic training. Thats why the use and creativity of the Gears is nearly limitless. Now i'm sure that Luffy may have figured out a way to reduce the side effects of his Gears, but eliminating them altogether is just too far fetched.

diZmacX
October 03, 2010, 11:12 PM

The number pump on his legs doesn't actually matter, as long as he pumps it the gear 2nd activates.

Gear 2 version 2
Gear 3 version 2

The only side effect of gear 3 is being shrunk after the attack.

I love the gear 2 version 2 or the gear 3 version 2 thing. :thumbs

A lot of people talk about having new gear like gear 4, which I highly doubt, but this version two seems more acceptable. :shakefist

Lee-tyme7
October 03, 2010, 11:24 PM
The number pump on his legs doesn't actually matter, as long as he pumps it the gear 2nd activates.

I love the gear 2 version 2 or the gear 3 version 2 thing. :thumbs

A lot of people talk about having new gear like gear 4, which I highly doubt, but this version two seems more acceptable. :shakefist

Well it's said that his Gear 2 is Soru but in an advance way so he never learned soru but he can guess how it work just by watching CP9 does it. Maybe with Haki now he can get a better version out of it.

diZmacX
October 03, 2010, 11:31 PM
Well it's said that his Gear 2 is Soru but in an advance way so he never learned soru but he can guess how it work just by watching CP9 does it. Maybe with Haki now he can get a better version out of it.

Yah, It's his own version of Soru. I can't really say that it's haki that would improve Gear 2nd because there are some factors to be considered but I'm looking forward to something like The Version 2 no matter what made Luffy to attain it.

BlackSword
October 03, 2010, 11:41 PM
He, actually knows exactly how 'Soru' works... He told Blueno when he was fighting him... 'Thanks, to you guys I saw how that technique works...You stamp your foot against the ground 10 times in the blink of an eye.' I don't think it will be to far fetched to say that Luffy can now use Soru outside of Gear 2.

Uriel
October 03, 2010, 11:45 PM
I don't believe Gear 2 and 3 side effects will change AT ALL in their risks, being them a consequence of the mode it's activated. Of course, now Gear 3 Giant Pistol will do more damage but that's because of the increase of Luffy strength, not the Gear3 itself if you know like I mean.

To make a parallel in Pokemon, it's like you make a Swords Dance with a level 10 monster and a level 50 monsters. The function is EXACTLY the same but the damage is different.

kidopitz27
October 03, 2010, 11:56 PM
is it a mistranslation that he master the basics of 3 haki? so if it is not then the kings and the other types of haki has a new level like Silvers Rayleigh said the the next level of the observation haki is to see hidden enemies and sense how many are they even they are far away...

kkck
October 04, 2010, 12:09 AM
Wonder if the marines will send an admiral to SA. It would make sense considering luffy did beat up a WN in the past. It'd be interesting to see how the strawhats with their newfound abilities make a run for it from SA. Perhaps the fact that MH has moved to the NW would actually stop the marines from sending an admiral fast enough though. I do think some time in the short run the strawhats will have to deal with strong marines though, MH is right at the beginning of the NW so perhaps they will have a buster call waiting for them lol.

BlackSword
October 04, 2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah... If he knows all 3 he should be able to tell the intents of the 'Fake SH' and how many there are... Possibly he feels the fake Luffy's intention to hurt Usopp/Nami? Or the people who want to kidnap Robin? COO should take away a lot of Luffy's carelessness if he actually uses it...

Edit:
Then again Chopper should definitely be able to smell the difference... Yet he doesn't...

Lee-tyme7
October 04, 2010, 12:25 AM
He, actually knows exactly how 'Soru' works... He told Blueno when he was fighting him... 'Thanks, to you guys I saw how that technique works...You stamp your foot against the ground 10 times in the blink of an eye.' I don't think it will be to far fetched to say that Luffy can now use Soru outside of Gear 2.

Yeah but nobody actually taught him the moves he had to learned it from CP9 and Luffy being Luffy he came up with some crazy moves: Gear 2nd and 3rd. Those technique as we know it has side effect and if used too much will harm him in a certain way. Chopper mentioned this to the crew after they beat Moria and then Kuma attack. No one else can do those moves only he can cus he's made of rubber.
I'm hoping maybe during training Reyleigh had helped him improved 2nd and 3rd gear so he can use it properly. If not maybe he already learned how to improved it himself after Reyleigh left the Island.

Lugo
October 04, 2010, 12:46 AM
is it a mistranslation that he master the basics of 3 haki? so if it is not then the kings and the other types of haki has a new level like Silvers Rayleigh said the the next level of the observation haki is to see hidden enemies and sense how many are they even they are far away...
So that Haki type gives him a 6th sense of knowing if an enemy or someone is near like in DBZ, Bleach or in Naruto where they can feel someone's "Ki", "Raistu" or "Chakara". So in this case, Luffy can feel someone's "Douriki" level with that Haki type.

elitefox
October 04, 2010, 12:52 AM

Extreme environment requires extreme adaptation or progression or else you will die. I guess Luffy just cope up with the basics(elementary) of haki in a year but still a year, so what did he do to advance this is up to him(high school, I miss it) :D

Almost all or many haki users are in new world thus it is not a problem for the whole SH crew to learn haki even the basics.

haki = instant pawn

It is just a way to fight but we clearly see the benefits :D
[hr]

So that Haki type gives him a 6th sense of knowing if an enemy or someone is near like in DBZ, Bleach or in Naruto where they can feel someone's "Ki", "Raistu" or "Chakara". So in this case, Luffy can feel someone's "Douriki" level with that Haki type.

We have seen mantra, so it is more or less like that ;)

but mantra is use quite to predict movements like spidesense, and one more is to detect the conscious ones like enel is doing.

Now I wonder if rayleigh's can also detect the unconscious.

Agnamaracs
October 04, 2010, 12:53 AM
Yeah... If he knows all 3 he should be able to tell the intents of the 'Fake SH' and how many there are... Possibly he feels the fake Luffy's intention to hurt Usopp/Nami? Or the people who want to kidnap Robin? COO should take away a lot of Luffy's carelessness if he actually uses it...

Edit:
Then again Chopper should definitely be able to smell the difference... Yet he doesn't...

Wow thats a really good point, time away has made chopper forget what his crew smelt like?

Anyway i just wanted to ask when spoilers are comming out, i just can't wait ^^

SharpKnives
October 04, 2010, 01:01 AM
The great thing about gear 2 is that it can give Luffy extra power and speed no matter how strong he is. So now he can become as strong as Jozu in base form and even go farther than that in gear 2. He can be as fast as rayleigh in base and use gear third and become even faster Unless he can't catch up with previous legends Luffy's potential is limitless.

Poneglyph420
October 04, 2010, 01:40 AM
All sorts of talk about Luffy and the gears.. and his haki... Well about Gear 2nd and 3rd, Luffy has been depending on them since EL. And what happened at Marineford, and with his "fight" with Magellan is proof it's not enough. So I wonder if Luffy will still use his Gears with the reckless abandon seen in past arcs. I'd hope that if the Gears come in to play again the infusion of Luffy's haki could increase potency and reduce side effects.. But more than any of that I just want more straight up Gomu Gomu attacks.

Luffy's training will hopefully be revealed in more depth next chapter. I hope via the curb stomping of the fake SH Luffy.
[hr]

Unless he can't catch up with previous legends Luffy's potential is limitless.

I'm not sure what you mean here.. :blink

Naturally Luffy is a legend and the grandest part of his tale is about to begin... So He will eventually live to a legendary status, but only 1/2 way there as of yet...

elitefox
October 04, 2010, 01:46 AM
All sorts of talk about Luffy and the gears.. and his haki... Well about Gear 2nd and 3rd, Luffy has been depending on them since EL. And what happened at Marineford, and with his "fight" with Magellan is proof it's not enough. So I wonder if Luffy will still use his Gears with the reckless abandon seen in past arcs. I'd hope that if the Gears come in to play again the infusion of Luffy's haki could increase potency and reduce side effects.. But more than any of that I just want more straight up Gomu Gomu attacks.

Luffy's training will hopefully be revealed in more depth next chapter. I hope via the curb stomping of the fake SH Luffy.
<hr noshade size="1">

I'm not sure what you mean here.. :blink

Naturally Luffy is a legend and the grandest part of his tale is about to begin... So He will eventually live to a legendary status, but only 1/2 way there as of yet...

I agree with all

however I have one problem, how will Oda handle haki now?

I mean, we can't see haki so how do we know if it exist in his punches or better yet effects. :D

caleshious
October 04, 2010, 01:59 AM
Luffy has Hancock "in the bag" ...

... and yes, the pun was intended.

BlackSword
October 04, 2010, 02:17 AM
You know... He will probably just do it like 'aura's chpt 597 page 15 first panel.
http://www.ourmanga.com/One_Piece/597/1475384_e
I noticed something when re-reading the marine ford arc... This dudes sword is on 'fire' it would be awesome if Zoro can do shit like that now!
http://www.ourmanga.com/One_Piece/554/12-13

WIzarDE
October 04, 2010, 03:00 AM
Well my 2cents go to fake Luffy crew being destroyed in no time seeing as they seem like week punks that just rely on Luffys name ( How dare they !!!!).

Ok so seeing as Fake Luffy crew started trouble and commotions, we will see the fruits of the Straw Hat training when G1 come looking for them :D
By the way didn't Smoker want to get transferred to G1 ?

Also I think we might actually see Luffy Vs Dragon in the future, dont forget that just because the World Government seems like and evil organization everyone is evil,so the same can apply for the revolutionary army, in the end they have their own agenda.

elitefox
October 04, 2010, 03:10 AM
Luffy has Hancock "in the bag" ...

... and yes, the pun was intended.

That would the craziest thought, but I think its food or maybe hancock slip in to be his food :eyeroll
[hr]

Well my 2cents go to fake Luffy crew being destroyed in no time seeing as they seem like week punks that just rely on Luffys name ( How dare they !!!!).

Ok so seeing as Fake Luffy crew started trouble and commotions, we will see the fruits of the Straw Hat training when G1 come looking for them :D

Also I think we might actually see Luffy Vs Dragon in the future, dont forget that just because the World Government seems like and evil organization everyone is evil,so the same can apply for the revolutionary army, in the end they have their own agenda.

as far as I remember it is G5 which is further to the new world. most danger occurs.

Anybody thinks Luffy will save smokie again this time?

Shadoguardian
October 04, 2010, 03:16 AM
I said this before, but rather than new gears, I hope that Luffy has different models of Busoshuku Haki Armour. Busoshoku Haki is using your imagination to shape an armour around oneself, right? So what if Luffy had a Blade Armour for offense, or a heavy armour for defence. If it's Oda I'm sure he can make Luffy loads of different armour, though I guess the only way to see any difference is if Oda draws the Haki, rather than making it an invisible force.

chitgoks
October 04, 2010, 03:20 AM

they are weak. seeing as how usopp and nami owned them in the bar

GPZrag
October 04, 2010, 03:34 AM
I just wanted to point out something that came to my mind, dunno whether this has been told before, but if all of you can recall there is ONE technique very much like GEAR 2 from luffy... GOKU from DRAGON BALL Z, once at the beginning of the Saiyans arc, he learned KAIO KEN, it was almost the same thing, his powers were boosted and he suffer constant damage from it, it even looked like Gear 2.. ALL RED... anyways when time went by Goku found another way... so i supose maybe the same will happen to Luffy

BlackSword
October 04, 2010, 03:55 AM
I just wanted to point out something that came to my mind, dunno whether this has been told before, but if all of you can recall there is ONE technique very much like GEAR 2 from luffy... GOKU from DRAGON BALL Z, once at the beginning of the Saiyans arc, he learned KAIO KEN, it was almost the same thing, his powers were boosted and he suffer constant damage from it, it even looked like Gear 2.. ALL RED... anyways when time went by Goku found another way... so i supose maybe the same will happen to Luffy
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/kNiVeS_TehLegend/Luffy_second_gear_by_Gandaresh.jpg
vs
http://www.deviantart.com/download/138576240/Goku_Kaioken_Wallpaper_by_juanimillonario.jpg

LMAO! Epic... Nice find/comparison!
Next chapter Luffy goes Super Saiyan after stepping out of the Hyberbolic Time Champer! :p
J/K But I hope Luffy develops/Finds something new. There are no Dragon Balls in One Piece to wish Luffy back to life half a dozen times... No Sensu Beans/InstantGoJuice...

Gats
October 04, 2010, 04:19 AM

Edit:

Two years without smelling them. I think it's understable that he just can't remember.

BlackSword
October 04, 2010, 04:22 AM
Animals remember smells forever/ till they die. Especially prey animals (i.e Reindeer.) It's how they remember what predators smell like, as well as poisonous plants & fruits.

GPZrag
October 04, 2010, 04:25 AM
Two years without smelling them. I think it's understable that he just can't remember.
Animals always remember, besides it was obvious that it was made for comic relief purposes...

chitgoks
October 04, 2010, 04:58 AM
oda made chopper's character that way even after 2 years. heck, even usopp was all whaaat? sogeking!?!??! luffy?!?!?!?

im actually happy that oda did not remove their stupidity trait even after 2 years. it's one of the things that make one piece funny

spirit within
October 04, 2010, 05:02 AM
i think that luffy wont touch the fake luffy. he will just disapear quickly and get to shakkys bar after robin. and fake luffy will laugh like he ran away scared but dosent realise how close he came to death. the strawhats will all get together some how. and they all head over to the ship and bump into the whole fake sh crew icluding recruits. ansd this happens.

luffy: oi nami, are those the ones.
nami: yes

everyone swallows as luffy looks serious and all want to see his new found powers and maybe a new colour which has never been seen not even by releigh.

fake luffy shouts: SO THIS IS YOUR CREW, HE HE
looks at fake franky and rest of crew
WHAT A BUNCH OF WEAKLINGS.

luffy: zoro, everyone stand back
rayleigh: luffy. its pointless, just head to the ship
luffy: rayleigh you too stand back
rayleigh stands back looking shocked but intrigued as it could even hurt him. what is it.
luffy streatches his arm forward onto fake luffys shoulder
fake sh: WHAT THE....!!!
LUFFY PULLS FORWARD WITH MIGHTY FORCE FLYING THROUGH THE AIR TOWARDS FAKE LUFFY. ALL OTHER CREWS FALL DOWN BEHIND FAKE LUFFY.

FAKE LUFFY SWEATS

LUFFY JUMPS ONTO FAKE LUFFYS SHOULDERS EVRYONE SWEATS IN CONFUSION LUFFY BENDS DOWN AND LOOKS IN FAKE LUFFYS FACE

luffy: OI

FAKE LUFFY:..... SWEATS

LUFFY: THOSE CLOths AND SCARS

FAKE LUFFY:....

LUFFY:..............PAUSE CLENCHES FIST

ALL EYES ON LUFFY
luffy: are amazing woooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwooooooaaaaaaawwwoooooooow

luffys eyes light up with stars.

all real strawhats look at each other and laugh.

fake luffy thinks hes making a mockery of him so he orders crew to attack but luffy continues to jump from shoulder to shoulder comparing fakes to real

Darkdrone
October 04, 2010, 05:21 AM
Regarding gear 2 how boat this: gear two version one luffy has full controll of it and it doesn't hurt his body. He had two years to try and master it and his body should be able to lessen the damage to an insignificant damage. While gear 2 version 2 allows luffy to go even faster and stronger but causesimmense damage to his body. This new gear causes greater damage but recieves much worse internal damage and should be used for the beasts (admirals and yankou) in the new world.

Gats
October 04, 2010, 05:25 AM
Animals remember smells forever/ till they die. Especially prey animals (i.e Reindeer.) It's how they remember what predators smell like, as well as poisonous plants & fruits.

But Chopper ate the human fruit !
He is hybrid now ! :amuse

Shadoguardian
October 04, 2010, 05:35 AM
I don't think it would be to unreasonable to think that the Strawhats smell might have changed after 2 years. For example Sanji might be wearing perfume.

BlackSword
October 04, 2010, 06:01 AM
Even if you wear perfume/cologne the human body omits the same odor from the day you are born that odor can change slightly but the characteristics of the odor stay the same... But the argument about an animals smells is stupid... That wasn't my point to begin with... I was just saying that even if Luffy has a skill that could end the confusion it is unlikely that he will use it because Luffy is Luffy... The only reason why chopper didn't recognize their smell is because chopper is stupid... I.E. Oda likes to use him for gags... Conversation End. Back to predictions...

Garp7
October 04, 2010, 06:34 AM
Is not that Chopper can't discern the smell of his nakama. It's just that character wise, he is gullible.

kidopitz27
October 04, 2010, 06:45 AM
after luffy bumps with the Fake luffy the fake luffy will know that the one who bump his is the real one or luffy will say that they have the same name comically

and then when the fake luffy knows that luffy is the real one he will try to defeat the real luffy thinking that a small man is the real one and thinks that the real luffy is weak (because maybe the real luffy is small on POV of the fake luffy)and order his minions to attack the real luffy and then the real luffy pawns them all and the the fake one will run away and order all of his new recruit to attack luffy and then the real luffy's crew will come in and pawn them and then the next one are the marines ^.^

i hope to see those 2 rookies though coming in the scene (wet-hair and blood splutterer )

i think its not a mistranslation about Rayleigh saying he hasn't seen luffy for a year because of the time traveling from their training islands to SA is quite a long trip they don't have goku's instant transmission technique so maybe after 2 years they travel to their training island to SA for about 6 months or so.

and besides we really don't know the location of their respective islands the only one information about it is the sea (e.g east blue) and how far it is from SA when luffy travel from east blue it took a lot of years for us though :) to make it to SA

BlackSword
October 04, 2010, 07:44 AM
after luffy bumps with the Fake luffy the fake luffy will know that the one who bump his is the real one or luffy will say that they have the same name comically

and then when the fake luffy knows that luffy is the real one he will try to defeat the real luffy thinking that a small man is the real one and thinks that the real luffy is weak (because maybe the real luffy is small on POV of the fake luffy)and order his minions to attack the real luffy and then the real luffy pawns them all and the the fake one will run away and order all of his new recruit to attack luffy and then the real luffy's crew will come in and pawn them and then the next one are the marines ^.^

i hope to see those 2 rookies though coming in the scene (wet-hair and blood splutterer )

i think its not a mistranslation about Rayleigh saying he hasn't seen luffy for a year because of the time traveling from their training islands to SA is quite a long trip they don't have goku's instant transmission technique so maybe after 2 years they travel to their training island to SA for about 6 months or so.

and besides we really don't know the location of their respective islands the only one information about it is the sea (e.g east blue) and how far it is from SA when luffy travel from east blue it took a lot of years for us though :) to make it to SA

The island Luffy trained on was near the Kuja Island... Coincidentally the Kuja Island is near the Marine Whirl Pool... (i.e marine hq /enies lobby & impell down) Judging by the fact that it took Luffy only a day or to to get to Impell Down it would be reasonable to Assume that Luffy could get to SA in 1-3 Days... And we have had serveral translators say in the previous thread that in Japanese he said half a year not a year.

kulugo
October 04, 2010, 08:02 AM
they are weak. seeing as how usopp and nami owned them in the bar

they did walk away after. fake Nami was the only one hurt.

IntoTheRave
October 04, 2010, 08:20 AM
I see fake starwhats got jailed by marines! :)

spirit within
October 04, 2010, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=LordUriel;2103100]I don't believe Gear 2 and 3 side effects will change AT ALL in their risks, being them a consequence of the mode it's activated. Of course, now Gear 3 Giant Pistol will do more damage but that's because of the increase of Luffy strength, not the Gear3 itself if you know like I mean.

haki is there to attack the weak points of devil fruit users. therefore if luffy can some how figure a way to use haki to stop weak points i believe that's possible to stop side affects of the gears. and when he is in the war dosent he use gear 3 against a giant marine and stay big.

oh and everyone keeps forgetting it was survival training and also it wasnt just his haki he had to learn. he had to strengthen his spirit and to do that he had to strengthen his body and mind. because he thought he was weak when ace died, his spirit couldn't have been as strong as it was. so in order to make ace proud he had to strengthen his body and mind to strengthen his spirit which would strengthen his haki and learn how to control this.

and being even stronger knowing luff he could of come up with any moves. i mean being alone for 6 more months without rayleigh after going through some serious training im sure hes got alot of new moves. all the moves that he made up while being with his crew. that guys is a genius when it comes to combat.

tothx
October 04, 2010, 09:25 AM
Meanwhile the marines will send their force including smoker (who was sent to G1

Smoker resides in G-5 so youre way off. Smoker coming by now is about as likely as Luffy combining gear 2 and 3 for an armpit sweat attack
[hr]
As for a prediction, fake Luffy will for sure shoot real Luffy with that gun of his and the bullet will bounce back but as allways not hit anyone. ;P

BlackSword
October 04, 2010, 09:28 AM
Smoker resides in G-5 so youre way off. Smoker coming by now is about as likely as Luffy combining gear 2 and 3 for an armpit sweat attack
Epic...
Although last time we saw Colby he was getting trained at Marine HQ! I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up!
But seriously we have talked this thread to death... Probably like 20 or so pages ago... Lets just wait for the chapter to come out! :p

I want to see: Gomu Gomu no Sonic Boom! (LOL!)

vagabond87
October 04, 2010, 10:07 AM
Epic...
Although last time we saw Colby he was getting trained at Marine HQ! I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up!
But seriously we have talked this thread to death... Probably like 20 or so pages ago... Lets just wait for the chapter to come out! :p

I want to see: Gomu Gomu no Sonic Boom! (LOL!)

Whos Colby?:xp
Sorry, I couldnt stop myslef :darn
In my country Kolba- Colba means ear of corn. So I imagined corn boy instead of Coby so no offence.
I think that we wont see him now. Oda have lot of material/informations about changes to show us before entering to NW and Coby once said that they will met again in New World(Summit War doesnt count to me).
If anyone ask abou spoilers they should be on internet tommorow.. I doubt that we will see them today:oh

Uriel
October 04, 2010, 10:36 AM
haki is there to attack the weak points of devil fruit users. therefore if luffy can some how figure a way to use haki to stop weak points i believe that's possible to stop side affects of the gears. and when he is in the war dosent he use gear 3 against a giant marine and stay big.

oh and everyone keeps forgetting it was survival training and also it wasnt just his haki he had to learn. he had to strengthen his spirit and to do that he had to strengthen his body and mind. because he thought he was weak when ace died, his spirit couldn't have been as strong as it was. so in order to make ace proud he had to strengthen his body and mind to strengthen his spirit which would strengthen his haki and learn how to control this.
and being even stronger knowing luff he could of come up with any moves. i mean being alone for 6 more months without rayleigh after going through some serious training im sure hes got alot of new moves. all the moves that he made up while being with his crew. that guys is a genius when it comes to combat.
Well, you may have a point there. I was going to say that doesn't attack weak points, but I remembered that it what Rayleigh explained about CoA.

Anyway, I doubt He learns to counter the risks of it.

chess4
October 04, 2010, 11:08 AM
i wonder if we will see another cipher pol and more bounty hunters?

also for next chapter i see everyone coming to brooks concert in pairs. usopp is already with nami. i think frankie and zoro are at the ship right now. i think chopper will run into the real robin while chasing after the fake. luffy will meet sanji while headed to shakki's. they will all head to brooks concert and the marines will attack, then it will end up like this...start at 1:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc

Totsch
October 04, 2010, 11:25 AM
I'd like to see Luffy use haki to knock those around him out. I think that would be the most interesting display for us to see how he's grown. He had no control of it in the past, and if he can do it now then it'll show us his growth. We already knew he was physically strong, and seeing a fight with other haki abilities should be saved for stronger opponents later. But, showing his ability to knock those guys out will show us how weak they are, and what Luffy is now capable of.

Dice
October 04, 2010, 12:06 PM
If he would be able to focus just on them than I'd say he'd have good control of it^^

frontaLobotomy
October 04, 2010, 12:19 PM
I can't see Luffy going all out on the fakes, using Haoshoku or anything like that. Namely because he wants to keep a low profile, he wouldn't be sporting a hooded cape otherwise, at least that's how I see it.
If anyone did do anything, it could be Zoro. As I still think he'll be the first to meet Luffy.

Turtle Pirate
October 04, 2010, 12:21 PM
I can't see Luffy going all out on the fakes, using Haoshoku or anything like that. Namely because he wants to keep a low profile, he wouldn't be sporting a hooded cape otherwise, at least that's how I see it.
If anyone did do anything, it could be Zoro. As I still think he'll be the first to meet Luffy.

nah i don't think he's the low profile type of person

the island he just left was in a winter season, he may have just not taken it off
and the big backpack on his back kind of makes him stand out
it also just looks cool

shk1020
October 04, 2010, 12:22 PM
well all we know about haki is the 2 basic forms and the kings haki. Rayleigh said that haki can be trained (to some extent), except the kings haki. so who knows how luffy trained with the haki in the last 6 months (or year - wasnt sure when Rayleigh left luffy for the SA...both were mentioned i think).

diZmacX
October 04, 2010, 01:51 PM
nah i don't think he's the low profile type of person

the island he just left was in a winter season, he may have just not taken it off
and the big backpack on his back kind of makes him stand out
it also just looks cool

What you say is rather not logical than what frontaLobotomy said. As you can see on this (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/35970330/3) page, even though it was winter at Rusukaina Luffy wasn't wearing a cloak.

I've also posted a theory about Luffy's cloak before here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2102276#post2102276) with photos.

Black Lagoon
October 04, 2010, 01:59 PM
A new theory just popped up in my head, I think the new bounties are out (Should be obvious though, it's been 2 years now -_-;)... I mean the fake Strawhats are recruiting pirate for whom their bounty is greater than or equal 70 million (some math : bounty >= 70 :p), if a strawhat had a lower price for his head I guess people will start arguing or won't consider it logical / fair (Claiming that the minimum is 70 million when you already have lower than that amount in your ship, well perhaps they want strong pirates for that reason but I believe in this theory :P), My point is that even Chopper, Nami or "Ussop" would have a Wanted Poster over or = 70 million.
What do you think?

SpecterJ201988
October 04, 2010, 02:11 PM
No matter what. The next chapter will end with the subscript, "They're Baaaack!!!"

zelllogan
October 04, 2010, 02:13 PM
A new theory just popped up in my head, I think the new bounties are out (Should be obvious though, it's been 2 years now -_-;)... I mean the fake Strawhats are recruiting pirate for whom their bounty is greater than or equal 70 million (some math : bounty >= 70 :p), if a strawhat had a lower price for his head I guess people will start arguing or won't consider it logical / fair (Claiming that the minimum is 70 million when you already have lower than that amount in your ship, well perhaps they want strong pirates for that reason but I believe in this theory :P), My point is that even Chopper, Nami or "Ussop" would have a Wanted Poster over or = 70 million.
What do you think?
I think that you still don't understand that 70 million was the minimum for A CAPTAIN ...

diZmacX
October 04, 2010, 02:21 PM
What do you think?

I'd like to see a bounty increase, everyone do.:eyeroll The thing is we've already seen chopper having the same title (Cotton-candy lover 'PET') with the same bounty of B50 on this page (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/35970330/19)

I hope at least Luffy got a new one though.

Dice
October 04, 2010, 02:22 PM
I think that you still don't understand that 70 million was the minimum for A CAPTAIN ...

Additionally we saw Chopper's wanted poster. It was the same. I guess the would have the new one if there was any but I guess Luffy's bounty did raise somewhat.

damn, that was a close one :D

Black Lagoon
October 04, 2010, 02:29 PM

Captain you say ... hmm ... I won't argue with you about this, those fakes are stupid so it's something to expect, I mean if they want a captain that worth more or equal 70 million, what if he's crew is just a bunch of f**king coward useless pirates?
And do they have a ship by the way? (I know it wasn't shown or stated in this chapter)
Just rhetorical questions, no need to answer :)

Totsch
October 04, 2010, 03:03 PM
Captain you say ... hmm ... I won't argue with you about this, those fakes are stupid so it's something to expect, I mean if they want a captain that worth more or equal 70 million, what if he's crew is just a bunch of f**king coward useless pirates?
And do they have a ship by the way? (I know it wasn't shown or stated in this chapter)
Just rhetorical questions, no need to answer :)

The point was that they are acting tough because they are pretending to be a pirate crew with a captain worth 300 million. Nobody knows any different at this point, so even if this fake strawhat crew wasn't even worth anything under their old name, they seem strong by using the strawhat name so other pirates want to join them.

Even if they are weaklings (like buggy), they are building a crew of pirates to do all of the tough work for them.

Black Lagoon
October 04, 2010, 03:13 PM
I'd like to see a bounty increase, everyone do.:eyeroll The thing is we've already seen chopper having the same title (Cotton-candy lover 'PET') with the same bounty of B50 on this page (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/35970330/19)

I hope at least Luffy got a new one though.

Additionally we saw Chopper's wanted poster. It was the same. I guess the would have the new one if there was any but I guess Luffy's bounty did raise somewhat.

damn, that was a close one :D

Sorry I had something to do and forgot to reply, well here I go :
Yeah, I know about Chopper's wanted chapter, although, I think it's an old one because after what happened 2 years ago the Government is now aware of their strength and knows through experience that the StrawHats pirates should not be taken lightly anymore ... Well, I guess they already acknowledged that fact from Enies Lobby and Thriller Bark, the only difference now is that back after Thriller Bark they were able to hide the truth, but now the whole world saw/witnessed what happened in the Marine's HeadQuarter (I guess someone will say, yeah that's right ... but the protagonist was their captain "Luffy" so he's the only one to get a raise ... Just wait) and read the newspapers "Mugiwara no Luffy and Ussop beat the s**t out of two nobles and later the whole crew crashed a Pacifista" (Something like that :p) ... You see? there's nothing to hide anymore, unless the Government is stupid or blind they will all have an outstanding raise. :amuse IMO

@ Totsch : Indeed :)

terrorei
October 04, 2010, 08:16 PM
Wow, this guy is so smart!
Do you really think the WG can hold onto the Shichibukai if they only had admirals to defend themselves if ever they turn against them? They will always make sure that they always have the control. Though I don't think the shichibukai bowed their heads to the WG.

Yeah thats the reason they made sure that Crocodile didn't get lose and terrorize a whole nation.
Thats also the reason why they made sure that BB don't run wild.
Same goes to Jinbei and Boa. ... NOT

Lets see what a mere Croc or Moria will do/ have already done the past 2 years

Are you making us laugh! You succeeded..
Do you really mean Moria is just as strong as Don Creig? Luffy had to use Gear 2 + 3 to defeat that guy where as DC was defeated by the normal luffy which we can say was a lot weaker than he is in the TB arc. I bet you work at a comedy bar...

I never said Don Krieg is as strong as Moria.
Moria achieved his title of a Shichibukai not due to his actual Power but due to his ability of creating a lot of Minions fighting for him. So its not the quality that counted but the quantity.
Same goes to Don Krieg he was widely feared in East Blue not because of his actual fighting ability but because of his large army.
Means they "strength" is manpower.

So plz, if you have problems understanding what someone wrote ask again, but don't start posting mental comments like the one above, or I promise you to answer the same way.

RobbieIsHere
October 04, 2010, 09:20 PM
Why do you guys think Robin is being chased by the marines? If she was, she would just clutch them or something else to take them out easily, but instead she's running away, so I think its the revolutionaries that she is running from.

terrorei
October 04, 2010, 10:06 PM
Why do you guys think Robin is being chased by the marines? If she was, she would just clutch them or something else to take them out easily, but instead she's running away, so I think its the revolutionaries that she is running from.

The same reason the WG hunted her before. Because she can read the Ponoglyphs. Through the blueprints for Pluto were destroyed, there are still weapons out there and Robin can tell where to find them.

12chris6
October 06, 2010, 03:18 AM
I didn't go through the whole thread so I'm sorry if someone mentioned this. Did anyone notice the placement of the cucumber that Fake Robin was holding out for Chopper? http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/35970330/20 Does anyone else think it's pretty suggestive? LOL!!!

pizzaslicepwnu
October 06, 2010, 04:10 PM
What do you think?

The fake nami said she has a 16 million bounty head so 0.o nice theory but no:darn

Black Lagoon
October 06, 2010, 04:26 PM
The fake nami said she has a 16 million bounty head so 0.o nice theory but no:darn

In Binktopia's release she doesn't mention the bounty and neither cnet128 (http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/25077) does, the 16 millions is the real Nami's old bounty.

pizzaslicepwnu
October 06, 2010, 04:29 PM
In Binktopia's release she doesn't mention the bounty and neither cnet128 (http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/25077) does, the 16 millions is the real Nami's old bounty.

What i meant was that the fake nami said that she "cat burgler nami" who has 16million bounty not that she has a bounty.:amuse

Black Lagoon
October 06, 2010, 04:35 PM
What i meant was that the fake nami said that she "cat burgler nami" who has 16million bounty not that she has a bounty.:amuse

Yeah, I know ... and as you can see "Cat Burglar Nami" is just a nickname the Government thought it would look cool in Nami's wanted poster, but 16 millions is an old number ... I mean a lot happened since she got that wanted poster. :)

pizzaslicepwnu
October 06, 2010, 04:39 PM

sorry i checked the episode again and you are right, she doesnt say what the bounty is ( how much its worth) :o

Black Lagoon
October 06, 2010, 04:47 PM
Don't worry, it happens a lot and onepiece.wikia.com is assuming that she actually said that (Anyone can edit it and say so). :amuse

DRAGONKAMI
October 07, 2010, 04:45 PM
Zoro and Luffy are the best ^^

Would be so cool if Zoro had his own crew and fight Luffy and co and than after the fight he join. Oda could make it like that. That´s staff for a movie xD

We are half way from the story so the name should be One Piece 2.0 or One Piece II

Will they fight on fishman Island or just have a little chat and move on?
My guess they get a new Member !!! But i hope that will not take so long. I want to see the new world *_*

Black Lagoon
October 07, 2010, 05:01 PM
No way man, Zoro is the Strawhat's vice captain ... And I'll never be able to see him with his own crew, he is not interested in the Pirate King's title, he wants to be the best swordsman in the world, take Mihawk for instance why do you think he's sailing alone? It's because he doesn't even want to be a pirate (from what it seems ... And no one knows if he ever was one before).

Black Hawk
October 12, 2010, 02:38 PM
Zoro and Luffy are the best ^^

Would be so cool if Zoro had his own crew and fight Luffy and co and than after the fight he join. Oda could make it like that. That´s staff for a movie xD

We are half way from the story so the name should be One Piece 2.0 or One Piece II

Will they fight on fishman Island or just have a little chat and move on?
My guess they get a new Member !!! But i hope that will not take so long. I want to see the new world *_*

Why a new Name or special 2.0. Who listen ist when people read OP 2.0. When a new name will came it will be NW. There is no other way. But i think to overstand the adventure in one piece, so the name will never switch.

Still i have a question, after Lysop getting stronger and new weapons. Is he still the Sogeking, if he really need Sogeking again??
Will the Strawhats cross there was with sentamaru or not. Straight to FMI, where Jimbei waits for ruffy and Co. or a little impression of the new power,

Navid.
October 12, 2010, 03:13 PM
Would be so cool if Zoro had his own crew and fight Luffy and co and than after the fight he join.
I have thought of something similar before as well, rather than making Zoro another pirate, I think it would have been cooler if he had stayed a pirate bounty hunter with the ambition to become the worlds greatest swordsman...

We don't have any interesting or strong freelance characters in One Piece that aren't categorised as Pirates, Marines and Shibukai.

A character like that would make for some fun encounters, making his own way through the grand line while occasionally having run-ins with Luffy and his crew, trying to capture them for their bounty to pay for his journey.

Anyways, back on topic... Looking forward to the Stawhats reunion, but can't see it happening in the next chapter. think we will have to wait until the marines get involved and all the Strawhats will escape towards Sunny and meet up there as they set off.

Black Lagoon
October 12, 2010, 03:50 PM
Why a new Name or special 2.0. Who listen ist when people read OP 2.0. When a new name will came it will be NW. There is no other way. But i think to overstand the adventure in one piece, so the name will never switch.

Agreed, if the name changes what it would be? Shippuden? -_-;
Oda is way better and smarter than that.