PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Naruto Screenplay

Alterno
October 05, 2010, 09:38 PM
So if you are excited about a possible Naruto movie going on, then slow down your horses friend. I love to read movies screenplays scripts and I decided to write two of them. The first is a fan made script named "World Finest based on Superman and Batman, Believe even WB is gonna ask me for it (looking bad ass and not surreal (except for superman). :eyeroll

The second script is about Naruto is based on the original story written By Kishimoto, and the script and screen play is written by me. For those who don't know what is a screenplay, imagine yourself reading a movie

This is a small preview of what's going with the script
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8317/87417705.jpg
Sorry for the lines down there, but actually is Open Office trying to correct japanese names. I need the help of people really involved with Japanese culture and who knows about their furniture too, for example I'm not sure what kind of chair is used at chiraku ramen (don't say bar like chairs), but I found a name around the web in wikipedia, but I don't know the name of those chair are totally correct.

I'm gonna cut the story till Mizuki, then gonna hold for a few to refresh my mind. Originally I'm planning to go until Zabuza arc. :P

kkck
October 05, 2010, 09:59 PM
You clearly have not seen DB. Manga (specially shonen) cannot be properly translated into live action. Manerisms and a lot of the humor in the series simply cannot be made into live action (exaggerated faces for instance). Marvel comics do not have many elements japanese comics do have and rely on. I look forward to your script however I do hope no one ever tries to make a live action movie of naruto.

Morpheus306
October 05, 2010, 10:56 PM
Naruto as a live action movie would just not work. However it would be great as a CG movie like Final Fantasy VII Advent Children because even though they make it look real there's still that element of fantasy and imagination where you believe that that world exists. When Cloud and gang are flying around you don't question it because it makes sense in that world. A Naruto movie in that fashion would be perfect because you have all the characters doing what they normally do; flying through trees, massive jutsu's; etc. and it would still be believable. Plus in CG they have much more control on how the characters and set pieces look, rather than getting a goofy looking tween idol to play the part of Naruto because you know all the fans want his original Japanese voice. You know they would just opt for Justin Beiber or something to play the title role *shutter*

Alterno
October 05, 2010, 11:40 PM
Well whoever that have not seen Dragon ball or read the manga at this point, should clearly quit using the internet. I think that Naruto has great chances of becoming something plausible, especially in the early part of the manga.

We do know that shinobi existed and some of th shinobi that Kishimoto have written about or inspired his character (like danzou for example), were praised for doing extraordinarie stuff, like dissapearing, throwing which is possible even explaining it as they were using oil or gas. :P

The most fantastic movie of this summer, inception is about fantasy, using stuff that we are related to, Naruto has a lot of stuff that could be used in its favor.

The main character for the most part of the serie is an underdog
We can related to a lot the technology seen in the world of naruto (Microwaves, Video casettes and Video players, Electricity and electic transformators) and you can use that kind of stuff in your favor.

There are many fantasy based movies that are great, check Guillermo del toro movies (not only hellboy), you will be amazed. I'll post the script onces I finish up with Mizuki, all I can tell you is that Mizuki have mysterious relationship with Zabuza. :P

kazeofsilence
October 06, 2010, 12:07 AM
I, too, have thought about writing up a screenplay for Naruto, likely as a trilogy for the Part 1 plot and an undetermined number for Part 2/Shippuuden. Basically though, I figure the first movie could be made into a treatment incorporating up until the end of the Zabuza or chuunin exam one arc depending on how much you focused on the events of chapter 1. Then have the second incorporate the chuunin exam two through the a portion of the Tsunade arc, with the third being the end of the Tsunade arc until the end of Part 1.

benelori
October 06, 2010, 01:12 AM
Well whoever that have not seen Dragon ball or read the manga at this point, should clearly quit using the internet.
How can U say such things? Who would be UR favorite mod if I were to leave?

Other than that...I subscribe to what the others said...but I would specify that shounen manga shouldn't be adapted...there are lots of seinen manga that would look great in a live-action movie

Alterno
October 06, 2010, 01:30 AM
How can U say such things? Who would be UR favorite mod if I were to leave?

Other than that...I subscribe to what the others said...but I would specify that shounen manga shouldn't be adapted...there are lots of seinen manga that would look great in a live-action movie

Wait.... 3c is leaving?.. you used the term I in I were to live. phew. :eyeroll

For me Naruto seems plausible if well explained, for example a movie like Inception would never come to live if Nolan didn't have his huge success with the TDK, why? Because the project was too unrealistic (besides being considered a complex movie), it really depends of what you think and how you are prepared to see what's coming.

I would love to see a death note movie in Hollywood style, but I know that another seinen would have not chance for real (gantz) and already have a live action in progress and for real it will suck.

Jessie
October 06, 2010, 02:15 AM
If you get Zack Snyder to direct a Naruto movie it could work. He seems to have a knock for taking hard to translate series and producing great movies from them.

Just avoid M Night Shyamalan.

Alterno
October 06, 2010, 07:36 AM
Just avoid M Night Shyamalan.

Definitely agree, I feel that directors who have worked on Anime or anime like based movies, don't understand how to adapt the film from the animation. The last airbender had such extraordinary of comedy and story, but the guy rushed many things and didn't explained a lot others.

Kale
November 15, 2010, 09:28 PM
If it were done correctly, I think Naruto would make a great live action movie. However, if Hollywood gets a hold of it without reading the manga, or looking into the story at all, then it will be horrible.

Delbi
November 15, 2010, 11:01 PM
It's simply not possible.

Look, firstly, the look of many of the characters is absurd, just look at some cosplay people. You can't make a movie where the star is in a fucking orange tracksuit.

Secondly, what young actors look enough like Naruto and Sasuke and actually have the acting chops and physical ability to do what is neccessary for the movie? Again, none, going with unknowns has a high risk high reward so that's a shot in the dark basically.

Effects would also be a huge problem, just look at the Dragon Ball movie. Without a 200 mil budget things would look half assed unless you have good people backing you like the guys that did District 9 did.

Anime and Manga are extremely hard to translate to the silver screen. Not only are some of them like Naruto over 10 years old, which means you'd have to have sequals to tell it properly, but many just have too many characters for a true adaptation too work. In all likelyhood at least half of the cast of characters we know wouldn't make the cut for the movie, and if they did, they'd recieve little to no attention.

In any event, the fantasy genre is also hard to sell. Right now, aside from comic book adaptations, the biggest action adventure sellers are Sci-Fi and Semi-Historical War type movies. This is why Cowboy Beatbop is being made because of it's Sci-Fi genre. Harry Potter is the only true fantasy movie that has hit it big as of late thanks in large to the success of the books and the huge budget and awesome cast.

juUnior
November 19, 2010, 05:19 PM
In any event, the fantasy genre is also hard to sell. Right now, aside from comic book adaptations, the biggest action adventure sellers are Sci-Fi and Semi-Historical War type movies. This is why Cowboy Beatbop is being made because of it's Sci-Fi genre. Harry Potter is the only true fantasy movie that has hit it big as of late thanks in large to the success of the books and the huge budget and awesome cast.
That just proves that if you have enough fanbase, making a movie is possible. The only problem is that if authors are like of those Dragonball Evolution folks <"fans will go watch this, they are stupid" and so on> than it will not sell. The adaptations needs to be well done, if its mean for "fantasy" genre which you mentioned. Harry Potter is one thing, Lord of the Rings is another for example.

I think that Naruto movie is possible, though Hollywood need to mature or the authors be a real deal, a real fans of the show, to really grasp depth of the show and really show it how it should be portrayed in adaptation. The thing is: I don't see anyone out there being THAT interested; the best we could see would be another DB:E, like Naruto: Evolution : / Sad, but true.

Alterno
November 29, 2010, 06:40 AM
I don't think so, you can have the story of Naruto on screen, if you are smart enough to convince the audience, inception is one of those movies for example. I stopped working on the screenplay cause I forgot what I was writing, but if god gives me enough time, I'll be able to write a very convincing story.

The4thhokageminato
January 17, 2012, 10:21 PM
I am actually finishing work on my own unofficial fanfiction Naruto screenplay (http://fanfictionnaruto.jamesawilliamson.com) at the moment, releasing it episodically every fortnight alongside my own screenplays, free to read, at my website here (http://www.jamesawilliamson.com). I must say as a fan of the show, the reasons for me writing a screenplay for Naruto are purely selfish: I'm dead scared that they will make this into a movie in hollywood (http://fanfictionnaruto.jamesawilliamson.com) and screw it up. I can see them making it live action, making caricatures of the characters and expecting to thrust it down every fan's throat, in the hope we will nod our heads and let them make many more of them. When what is actually required is a DEFINITIVE NARUTO experience, one which follows the manga whilst paying homage to the best instances of the anime (which let's face it, is 99.9% from the Manga), and giving the fans the completely essential version of the story that will:

a) Grow the market for the franchise into new territories and new audience demographics.

b) Actually appeal to the fans enough for them to get their ass off these forums (mine included) and down to their local 3D cinema and actually pay money into the franchise, instead of watching online (which is most of the non-Japanese fan base), and remember these are hardcore fans that, if Naruto was made faithfully for them in a 3D series, whilst broadening its appeal to new people also inclined would gladly upgrade their televisions for the blu-ray 3D release of the film - which continues in to ancillary profits that benefits the licensees in numerous ways, from a PS3 to play the blu-ray, to an array of PS3 Naruto games, etc, AND lastly:

c) Restart another surge of sales in BACK CATALOG episodes and volumes of the manga as new fans begin to take the same journey that tens of millions have already embarked on. Imagine near weekly rises in sequential numbered episodes, like a wave of old episodes being sold each week as new people advance through the character journey.

If anything, the making of a faithful movie of Naruto can be seen as laying the foundations for a new wave of fans into the franchise of ancillary products, as well as entertaining us fans with non-stop, non-filler, non-BS content. I think they call that potential approach a win-win-win-win-win...win.

The problem to some extent with not only Naruto but many other anime shows, is the old chicken and egg conundrum with Naruto. Because the fan base in Europe and America are so dedicated to the franchise, the story, the plots, the characters and the delivery, we crave the episodes at the exact same time as our Japanese peers. Currently the only way that this can happen is the pages of the latest episode are scanned in Japan and sent over to someone in Europe or America that speaks Japanese and English, and then Photoshops the English translation into the box, whereby it is released online.

Now I hate to say it and harp on about this but some of the fans of Naruto MUST NEVER buy the episodes. Now I must admit, most of the filler arcs that they produce is vomit inducing, and in my eyes would be a waste of the DVD its copied on, let alone part with money for the rubbish. Indeed there are some episodes of the Manga that are completely and utterly forgettable, and we haven't even gotten to mentioning the incessant and needless flashbacks that soak up colossal amounts of page count. But what keeps Naruto fans coming back for more is this compelling retelling of Jekyll and Hyde, of the Hulk, of an alter-ego, only trapped within a boy who was no older than us (or me), when the show originally aired.

If we were all to buy the episodes every week LEGITIMATELY, you can bet your bottom dollar that the spike would not go unnoticed. Hell, with so many potential favorite volumes to choose from, even buying a smattering of your favorite manga volumes, would quantify a noticeable trend in sales. I must admit that my last (latest) guilty pleasure was to pick up a limited edition Naruto Manga 1-27 collectors box set, from eBay, to sit beside my Anime collection. I am so happy with it that I swear down if anyone even makes eye-contact with it, I will rasengan the crap out of them! But I am also found guilty of not paying for every episode they have aired or published in Japan, which is then shown online. Now does that make me a nasty Johnny-Depp looking Space-Pirate, or an ardent fan of the show? You decide, because I know I'm a saint when compared to some offenders out there *You Know Who You Are*.

I don't believe any Naruto fan (or Bleach, or any limited manga or anime released show) can truly be lambasted by any company when their loss of earnings has been based upon their own shortsighted underestimations of the show's global appeal. I see now how a Naruto film could be the perfect avenue for old and new fans to pick up copies of the volumes in print and digital form, if readily available, having just watched the first film in a new Naruto Feature Length Franchise. There could be a severe amount of sales, please understand, considering Naruto has shipped over 100 million volumes of the Manga in Japan alone. Plus, you have the opportunity here for another and much more wondrous array of happenings:

1. Naruto demand rises on release of the film in 3D CGI. Ardent fans show up and queue in the streets, whilst new viewers turn up because they have been caught up in the hype; others show up simply because it sounds cool and looks like the best thing that is playing on that particular weekend.
2. The film should take refer to sections of my unofficial fanfiction naruto screenplay (http://fanfictionnaruto.jamesawilliamson.com), if only to understand the correct way to convince a fan (me and many of you) how to produce this work so that we might actually stick our heads above the surface and tell our friends we like Naruto and Manga and Anime and for it to be relatively cool.
3. The film must use state of the art CGI and NOT be live action. This is because people get old and die. Sucks but that's kind of how it works. And when people get older quickest, their early teens, you end up with some young adults who kinda look like the Harry Potter crew, playing 16 year olds? Wtf? The only way Naruto can work is to have a completely controlled universe that artists can control and manipulate. Plus, remember that orange, when worn by children, looks f*@#ing retarded.
4. In the most up to date CGI, you really do yourself a disservice not to produce the film in 3D. With Avatar taking ages for a sequel, which looks scarily like it might result in being Cameron's Titanic 3D *yawn - book me a ticket*, and with Harry Potter having only the tail end of the series in this style, there is no definitive stand-out 3D experience to be had. Now consider Naruto: something that surely the Matrix mob, Star Wars fans, and Manga fans can get behind, in 3D CGI, faithfully adapting the story for old and new alike, written for western and Japanese audiences with unique dialogue that doesn't smart from direct translation, and wham bam thank you, mam, I smell a killer and gargantuan franchise coming on.

But on the flip side, hollywood studios must know all this and therefore must have Naruto in their sights. But then again, they must have known the audience that pre-existed their attempts at other franchises, which include the box office toxins that were "Street Fighter", "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", "He-man" *oh-Dolph-no*, "Dragonball Z", and my personal favorite "The Last Airbender". They knew the massive markets there to be had and yet they adapted them in to something the existing fans couldn't relate to, and the potential new fans in from the wider demographic simply laughed at.

What they need to do is realize that if they pay homage to the show and the fans of the show, whilst showing newcomers an easy path into the core of the story, the empathy the audience have for Naruto, and WHY they should feel empathy towards him! In my opinion, this requires a big shake up of structure in terms of when the audiences see the night of the fox attack, but that's a cool opening scene now (my new great opening scene for unofficial fanfiction naruto screenplay (http://fanfictionnaruto.jamesawilliamson.com)) that also introduces Madara and Minato and Kushina and the Demon Fox and what is going on, at the outset. Then Naruto can truly be one of the highest grossing franchises of all time and something we can readily rejoice in watching and showing to friends, without needing them to do anything more than watch a ninety-minute film to understand the plight of the character and why Naruto is a good story.

The Demon Fox Attack, in 3D CGI = Mind blowing. If done correctly, and I am going to be so bold as to say, anything similar to how I have shown the Fox in my unofficial screenplay (http://fanfictionnaruto.jamesawilliamson.com), then so many people are going to be awestruck by this story.

militaruanton
May 15, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hy, I have seen this post about Naruto Movie / Film script and I want to say it that I'm making a Script based on Naruto's anime cartoon.
Here's the link of the script http://www.plotbot.com/screenplays/naruto_the_movie/screenplay?_s=all
Regards,
Anton.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Hy, I have seen this post about Naruto Movie / Film script and I want to say it that I'm making a Script based on Naruto's anime cartoon.
Here's the link of the script http://www.plotbot.com/screenplays/naruto_the_movie/screenplay?_s=all
Regards,
Anton.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

So if you are excited about a possible Naruto movie going on, then slow down your horses friend. I love to read movies screenplays scripts and I decided to write two of them. The first is a fan made script named "World Finest based on Superman and Batman, Believe even WB is gonna ask me for it (looking bad ass and not surreal (except for superman). :eyeroll

The second script is about Naruto is based on the original story written By Kishimoto, and the script and screen play is written by me. For those who don't know what is a screenplay, imagine yourself reading a movie

This is a small preview of what's going with the script
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8317/87417705.jpg
Sorry for the lines down there, but actually is Open Office trying to correct japanese names. I need the help of people really involved with Japanese culture and who knows about their furniture too, for example I'm not sure what kind of chair is used at chiraku ramen (don't say bar like chairs), but I found a name around the web in wikipedia, but I don't know the name of those chair are totally correct.

I'm gonna cut the story till Mizuki, then gonna hold for a few to refresh my mind. Originally I'm planning to go until Zabuza arc. :P

Here's the link of my script http://www.plotbot.com/screenplays/naruto_the_movie/screenplay?_s=all

Regards,
Anton.