PDA

View Full Version : Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Ashura_Ichibugin
October 06, 2010, 12:26 PM
Who do you think is the new Fleet Admiral? Aokiji is a little irresponsible for the position (Gorousei once commented he should watch his rank), and I see no reason to make Kizaru the Fleet Admiral. Choosing the Fleet Admiral outside of Admirals would be a little weird too. So, I think it is Akainu.

St Michael
October 06, 2010, 01:45 PM
I agree. Plus Aka Inu probably has a darker view on "how to be good Marine" than Sengoku. It would be interesting to see the evolution.

And , Ao Kiji FA would be too "easy" if you know what I mean , given that the chapter just before the timeskip told us he was the one Sengoku has chosen. If the name of the FA is not given in the last chapter , I'm sure it's because it's not Kuzan.

kkck
October 06, 2010, 02:51 PM
I think it would be aokiji nevertheless. I don't think sengoku's recommendation would go unnoticed for such a thing. It is plausible the gorosei actually went with akainu even if he is clinically insane.

Jorge D. Dragon
October 06, 2010, 03:33 PM
My voice goes for Aokiji. He is the most wise of that trio. And his view of justice is that of Garp and Sengoku.

Ashura_Ichibugin
October 06, 2010, 04:02 PM
Moreover, moving the Marine HQ to the new world sounds like something Akainu would do rather than Aokiji. However, there is a possibility that the decision belongs to even higher ups than the Fleet Admiral, like Gorousei or Kong.

Kaizoku-O Luffy
October 06, 2010, 11:24 PM
My money is on akainu he is the type to exchange the location of MQ. He is the one who carries the "the pirates are evil" justice.

Or someone totally new who hasn't been shown so far in the manga.

Poneglyph420
October 06, 2010, 11:42 PM
I voted for Aokiji. Sengoku did recommend him, and Sengoku is "Honorably" stepping down.. so it would be more likely his recommendation would have influence. Of course it's likely the Gorousei would have the last call. But Kong is the "Commander in Chief" isn't he??

Aokiji might be lazy and more flexible morally than the other Admirals, but he's also more calm and level headed.. and likely more suited to the strategy and administration of the Fleet Admiral position than the other two... Who well are a Mob boss and a Psychopath in a Hawaiian Shirt..

bittman
October 07, 2010, 07:15 AM
Even if we ignored Sengoku's appraisal, Aokoji seems a great bet for the WG / Kong (depends on who has the major say in it) going on their character traits. But that said, it depends on what WG/Kong want to tell the world about the direction of their marines.

Aka Inu = Red Dog = Aggressive (red) Loyalist (dog)
Message would be: "We are going to kill pirates, revolutionaries and babies dont get in the way"

Ao Koji = Blue Pheasant = Calm (blue) Intelligence (pheasant)
Message would be: "Tactically important manouvres, but not overreacting to the shift of power balance with aggressive expansion"

Ki Zaru = Yellow Monkey = Cheerful (yellow) Prankster (monkey)
Message would be: "Things are amazingly rosy here, we don't have a care in the world"

Aokoji does indeed seem the smart option, and what I would go with. Buuuuuut if WG/Kong are looking to seize upon the death of WB and aggressively move upon the new world (potentially hinted at through moving Marineford to G1), then Akainu is not an impossible choice.

I also prefer to think of Aokoji as the brains, Akainu as the fists and Kizaru as the...I don't know...legs? Probably the funny bone.

modoki
November 30, 2010, 12:25 AM
its obviously aokiji. During the war he was most of the time sengoku's first choice to get something done. All sengoku needed to do was call his name and the deed was done.

Although he was warned once by the gorousei; if sengoku recommended him then its done deal and he mustve had a good reason

Cizuz
December 01, 2010, 05:31 PM
Honestly, I am leaning towards Aokiji more then anyone for a variety of reasons; even the reason mentioned against him.

First; the Gorousei mentioned he should watch his rank; that there is neccesairly not a bad thing. This being said could be taken in the way that since Aokiji is a leader figure and is stretching outside of the powers of his rank, the Gorousei are just reminding him that he is under them and not above. They acknowledge his power and influence with his rank, so yes it was said in anger but also can hint towards becoming a higher rank.

Second; location of new marine headquaters. We know Aokiji does not follow absolute justice, and has stated in the past that he doesn't like to end the life of rookies. So moving it to where the real threat is, the new world, they can stop rookies that make it through the red line on the other side, and deal with new world pirates.

Third; his character being not only the first admiral mentioned, but also a large important character to the storyline. We have seen more and interacted and know what he actually is like then we do of any other marine basically.

Fourth; we already know that luffy acknowledges him as someone great and powerful, he has mentioned on many occasions he needs to be able to fight on equal terms with Aokiji or Smoker as an example.

Fifth; a referral given by Sengoku. This is nothing small this is huge, he was an admiral for a very long time before 20 years ago, and fleet admiral now. He was the one on top of the battle for whitebeard(Even if he was not the biggest roll physically, he is known as the leader as he is at the top, he gets credit).

Though really I can not see it being Akainu, I can see him keeping marines in first half and cutting down rookies before they become a threat.

BlackHair
December 01, 2010, 07:32 PM
If it's AoKiji then why is Oda still hiding him? I mean he seems to be the obvious answer, coz of Sengoku's recommendation, but if it's rly him then why is he still hidden? Wel i might be thinking too much with the hiding issue. It could be as well that Oda wants us to think it be someone else than AoKiji xD Anyway, I rather believe it is Akainu, since that means we were trolled by Oda. Furthermore the switch of the MHQ to the NW seems more like a aggressive method to face the pirates, at least in my eyes. Unlike the strategist-defence method Sengoku had going on the first half of the grand line. He was also the one who did the most damage to the WB prates and Luffy + companion. Because of that, I think he should be the last Admrial to fall. So a commander who stands always behind should be the right position for him, coz of that.

So my vote goes to RedDog

deffkryz
December 02, 2010, 12:52 AM
One Piece Grand Countdown Part 2 said: Aokiji is the Fleet Admiral now. The switch of G-1 and MHQ was also hinted there as big change...

Poneglyph420
December 02, 2010, 04:28 PM
One Piece Grand Countdown Part 2 said: Aokiji is the Fleet Admiral now. The switch of G-1 and MHQ was also hinted there as big change...

I guess that settles it..
However I must have missed that part in Green..

I always figured that to be the case... Oda just likes watching us sweat...
:amuse

deffkryz
December 03, 2010, 01:09 PM
Well, One Piece Green only covers up until Chapter 597. ;)

On page 341 all three admirals are still listed as "taishou" while Sengoku still is shown as "gensui". Okay, there's a sign: "gensui kouho" which means "Fleet Admiral candidate" on Aokiji's picture:
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/3488/341.png (http://img815.imageshack.us/i/341.png/)

"tainin" signs on Garp's and Sengoku's pictures means "retirement"/"withdrawal".

Channy
December 03, 2010, 01:47 PM
Well, One Piece Green only covers up until Chapter 597. ;)

On page 341 all three admirals are still listed as "taishou" while Sengoku still is shown as "gensui". Okay, there's a sign: "gensui kouho" which means "Fleet Admiral candidate" on Aokiji's picture:
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/3488/341.png (http://img815.imageshack.us/i/341.png/)

"tainin" signs on Garp's and Sengoku's pictures means "retirement"/"withdrawal".

That Said Fleet Admiral candidate which means the hes in the running to become fleet admiral it doesn't necessarily mean he is. there are other candidates out there

bisha16
December 03, 2010, 01:50 PM
I would like to think that it is aokiji but somethings says me that it would be akainu with his absolute justice.Gurosei has been shown to have that absolute justice to so for him would be better to have a fleet admiral that follows his ideals

matzik1212
December 03, 2010, 02:42 PM
i vote for aokiji ^_^ i think he's the best option for the new fleet admiral and he was even nominated by gourosei to be his replacement..akainu has indeed a strong sense of justice but aokiji is wiser IMO :) and this is a strong point in becoming a fleet admiral

chess4
December 03, 2010, 04:17 PM
the new fleet admiral is akainu. oda told me so. naw just joking, but seriously the strawhats have already made 2 many allies as is, and they dont need another at the top of the marines. they are allies with 4 of the 8 cuurent or former shchibukai not to mention 2 of the yonkou crews, plus a slew of other powerhouses like rayleigh, sky island and so on.

to make my point, ao kiji is not a ally all the way but on several occasions he has let them off the hook especially during the ennies lobby arc. he could have killed luffy during the war arc, but he only wounded him. he also apoligized to jinbei for freezing the sea so he couldnt get away from akainu.

the navy has to be seen as a threat to the strawhats. sengoku was a good leader but he has let the strawhats pretty much do as they pleased. the navy is to nice. they need a shhot 1st ask questions 2nd type of guy to deal with the pirates now.

Aikidoka
December 03, 2010, 06:28 PM
Aokiji may be an 'ally' (or not an outright enemy) to the SHs but consider what Sengoku's role was pre-Timeskip. As Fleet Admiral he pretty much had no chance to go out to the sea personally, he mostly stayed in HQ or Mariejois.

If Akainu became the Fleet Admiral, he would have to stay in the important Marines locations, meaning he couldn't go out and hunt pirates, or get into battles with the SHs. Considering that he's been established as an enemy down the road (Luffy has beef with him for Ace), Akainu will have to fight them, and as such will have to stay an Admiral so he's allowed to go out to sea.

Aokiji, on the other hand, has less of a chance to fight the SHs, so it's better that he be promoted to Fleet Admiral.

Of course, this theory is gonna go down the drain if 1) Fleet Admirals are allowed to go out to sea and Sengoku was the exception, not the rule; 2) the SHs will go to Marine HQ and/or Mariejois in the future (this is a big possibility especially if Dragon allies with the SHs or recruits them for some sort of attack on the Marines directly); or 3) the story turns out such that the Fleet Admiral will encounter the SHs.

That said, the SHs are the type to avoid direct conflict with the Marines when it doesn't concern them, so the only way I see the 'Top 3' fighting them would be if they hunted them down/were ordered to hunt them down (like with Kizaru and Sabaody).

Lord Rayleigh
December 03, 2010, 07:04 PM
Well, to me I better expect the Fleet Admiral to be someone that kinda likes Luffy as a person, even though they are enemies. I mean someone who still has a lot of respect for the great good pirates as human beings. You know, a bit like Sengoku about Whitebeard and Shanks, or Smoker and Sentoumaru about Luffy. The Fleet Admiral should show respect to strong and great people like Whitebeard did on Roger, Garp and Sengoku when he and Shanks met on Moby Dick.

I don't want someone like Akainu who would be saying that Straw Hat is the worst scum of the world, the worst bullshit ever born in this era - remember the speech on Whitebeard ? Who would like the head of the Marine to be like that ? That would be so bad. So I guess the most appropriate Admiral would be Aokiji knowing how he is. Kizaru is not like Akainu but he is pretty much like a monkey: he is completely dumb, only talks about his enemies' strenght and do not think about the people themselves. He doesn't suit for this Fleet Admiral characteristic. By the way, Akainu is much more better as an Admiral opponent than as a Fleet Admiral.

Dekker
December 03, 2010, 08:00 PM
Hm, I dont quite agree on the Kizaru argument. It always seemed like Kizaru played the retard-card. His problem is that hes to playful with his enemies so to say. Hes probably by far the most dangerous of the three admirals when engaged in combat though. For Akainu, I dont think he will be the FA. He will be the Admiral Luffy will ultimatly beat at some later point in the story. Im pretty sure about that. By killing Ace he became the number one Suspect for Luffy to one day overcome.

Zehahaha
December 04, 2010, 02:19 PM
Akainu was the one who accomplished the objective of the war by killing Ace. In the eyes of the marines, I think that he's the hero who killed Ace, and managed to seriously injure WB, by hitting him once in his chest, and by taking half of his face after that. In the eyes of the WG, he's the one who was truly efficient back at the war. But, I think that his " Absolute justice " is too much trouble to deal with, and he seems to be more the type of the guy " who takes order " and that's it. Like a dog, and I don't think that the WG wants someone like that to be the fleet admiral, but then again maybe they just need a guy like him who knows.

But anyway, Aokiji seems to be the perfect guy to be the fleet admiral, he's strong, and serious whenever the situation requires him to be like that, and more than that, he's not some " absolute justice " fanatic like Akainu and the VA.

chess4
December 04, 2010, 04:09 PM
Well, to me I better expect the Fleet Admiral to be someone that kinda likes Luffy as a person, even though they are enemies. I mean someone who still has a lot of respect for the great good pirates as human beings. You know, a bit like Sengoku about Whitebeard and Shanks, or Smoker and Sentoumaru about Luffy. The Fleet Admiral should show respect to strong and great people like Whitebeard did on Roger, Garp and Sengoku when he and Shanks met on Moby Dick.

I don't want someone like Akainu who would be saying that Straw Hat is the worst scum of the world, the worst bullshit ever born in this era - remember the speech on Whitebeard ? Who would like the head of the Marine to be like that ? That would be so bad. So I guess the most appropriate Admiral would be Aokiji knowing how he is. Kizaru is not like Akainu but he is pretty much like a monkey: he is completely dumb, only talks about his enemies' strenght and do not think about the people themselves. He doesn't suit for this Fleet Admiral characteristic. By the way, Akainu is much more better as an Admiral opponent than as a Fleet Admiral.

with WB's death the world has changed for the worst, and sengoku was the calm type of leader the navy needed suring his time. now that WB is dead and the pirates are getting bolder, they need to fear the navy. they need to know that if they are caught that they could possibly be killed on sight without trial. akainu is a monster, and thats the type of leader the mnavy needs now. they only have a few REAL killers in their rank. half of the shichibukai are allied with luffy. they need a leader who is going to shoot 1st, shoot 2nd, and ask question last

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-593/page012.html

dragon said the structure of the WG change. i think the way he meant was a fundamental change in thinking. aokiji is a cool customer, but he cut from the same cloth as garp and sengoku. aokiji and akainu are exact opposites. this is why i think that the gorousei will appoint red dog as fleet admiral

sarutobi_sensei
December 06, 2010, 01:57 PM
I honestly want it to be Aokiji, but I honestly believe that it's Akainu.

The reasons are the same as the above mentioned, all that Akainu did during the war, his view and mostly, the state of the world. The WG probably decided that having a strong hand in control means that things will be "easier" for them.

deffkryz
December 06, 2010, 02:22 PM
A fleet admiral most likely only sits in the MHQ doing nothing but planing the strategy, giving orders to subordinates and going to Mariejois reporting to Kong. You really think Akainu would become that kind of pen-pusher?

Zehahaha
December 06, 2010, 02:33 PM
A fleet admiral most likely only sits in the MHQ doing nothing but planing the strategy, giving orders to subordinates and going to Mariejois reporting to Kong. You really think Akainu would become that kind of pen-pusher?

No way. Maybe with the death of WB, the politic of the WG has changed and has become more agressive, therefore, it would be better to keep someone as stubborn and efficient like Akainu in the admiral post, and send to missions in the NW to do some cleaning and trying to gain some territories.

So yeah, Aokiji must be the next Fleet Admiral, I'm sure he'll enjoy sitting in the MHQ

JC123
December 06, 2010, 03:04 PM

Sengoku did a lot of pen pushing, but he was still a great strategist and decent fighter.

Now let's think about this...

Akainu is Absolute Justice.
Aokiji is Lazy Justice.
Kizaru is Scattered Justice.

Should Akainu be in charge, he would use the Marines to try to eradicate pirates EVERYWHERE. That can't be conducive nor economical. If the Marines are always aggressive and always on the attack, they would deplete themselves and their own resources.

Also, let's remember his actions through the buster call. He killed civilians when it wasn't necessary by destroying the ship. In all honesty, he's just as bad as Eustass Kidd with that attitude.

Aokiji has shown himself to be quite resourceful. His sleeping habits throw off an intellect that shows quite a lot of foresight to his actions. He found Robin on a bicycle. He showed remorse at Akainu's actions at Ohara. And he didn't try to kill Robin since she had found her nakama. But should the Strawhat Pirates become a threat to the government (more than they are now) I'm sure he'll be the one to use whatever resources are available to take them down such as a determined Smoker.

Kizaru is Scattered Justice. He's irresponsible, slow talking, and gets the job done when need be. Quite frankly, he can never truly be a leader. He's just kinda... There...

nguqua
December 06, 2010, 05:34 PM
An old retired powerful marine Bonney was forced to use her power to make him young again.

Shojin
December 09, 2010, 08:03 AM
I voted Other because for some reason, I have a feeling that we may be in for a little surprise as to who the new Fleet Admiral may be. I mean this is Oda we are talking about here, who is KNOWN for being unpredictable most of the time.

zoobear
December 13, 2010, 06:09 PM
I think the new Fleet Admiral will be Akainu. He may not be the strongest of the three Admirals, but he is definitely the smartest. Its because of him White-beard gets stabbed by Squard, and he is also responsible for killing Ace. So imo, it has to be Akainu, if it is anyone else, I would definitely be surprised.

zerocooldx
December 13, 2010, 06:12 PM
I'll say this much, moving Marineford into the NW is a clear and definite sign of aggression on behalf of the WG and Marines towards pirates. And if we are choosing from Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu then that type of aggressive mind set best fits Akainu.

Ashura_Ichibugin
December 13, 2010, 11:46 PM
I'll say this much, moving Marineford into the NW is a clear and definite sign of aggression on behalf of the WG and Marines towards pirates. And if we are choosing from Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu then that type of aggressive mind set best fits Akainu.

We still don't know if the decision of moving marineford belongs to the fleet admiral. Kong or Gorousei may be the ones behind it.

zerocooldx
December 14, 2010, 01:05 AM
We still don't know if the decision of moving marineford belongs to the fleet admiral. Kong or Gorousei may be the ones behind it.

Regardless of who had the final say as to why Marineford moved, the new Fleet Admiral would have to reflect that newly aggressive mind set. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to have a "passive" Fleet Admiral in such a forward position.

Mad Wanze
December 27, 2010, 08:49 PM
If there really is some JUSTICE in the marines, the new fleet Admiral should be Akainu. I mean, he really shined on Marineford, from the point of view of the "good guys". He just did everything! Kept in order the ranks punishing who wanted to flee the battlefield, tricked Squardo to stab Whitebeard (he's a good actor too!), destroyed the Moby Dick, killed Ace while he was already free to go home, wiped off half of Whitebeard face, always in the middle of the battle, crazily pursued Luffy like a mad dog, did the catering service, cleaned up the mess after the war was over, took sengoku's goat for a walk on monday, then on thursday he was already hunting Blackbeard, capturing a Supernova, bakin the cake for Kizaru's son third birthday, studying his parts as a solo guitarist for scratchman apoo's world tour! What should he do more to become Fleet Admiral??????? Aokiji froze the waves, froze the sea, froze Buggy, tried to froze Whitebeard but quitted after three seconds, then went to sleep because it was already late and the day after he had a very important golf match. With Akainu!

Ipoopshootingstars
December 27, 2010, 10:42 PM
Has anyone consdered the idea of Kong being th new Fleet Admiral?

MaiSiaoSiao
December 28, 2010, 01:32 AM

He WAS the fleet admiral before Sengoku...Now hes World Government Commander-in-Chief.
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kong

zerocooldx
December 28, 2010, 01:33 AM

If anything that would be a demotion for Kong. He was already the Fleet Admiral once and moved up on the ladder to the World Government Commander in Chief or whatever you want to call it. So i don't think he would take a lower position unless there was no one else capable of being an Admiral. But we already saw Aokiji get recommended and Akainu seems as if he would do just fine as well. So i think the possibility of Kong being the Fleet Admiral again is slim to none.

kkck
December 28, 2010, 02:13 AM
I still agree with sengoku's recommendation. Akainu did a lot during the war but IMO that was more fanaticism than anything else. He might have acted more than the other admirals going up against WB but in turn I get the impression the leader of the marines should be someone more cold headed (no pun intended). I think aokiji is more of the strategical type in contrast to akainu who is more of a hands on guy. In that sense, I think aokiji can do more good behind the big chair making the decisions and akainu can do more good hunting pirates ruthlessly. Also, akainu was actually willing to continue fighting during the war even with shanks there.... Who would keep akainu in check if he is on top of the chain of command? Akainu is not qualified to be the fleet admirals IMO.

Mad Wanze
December 28, 2010, 06:39 AM
The worls is in chaos. The balance between the three powers, after Whitebeard's death, has crumbled, pirates roam the sea even more than before the war. Let's see the reaction of the possible new Fleet Admirals to these new circumstances.

Kizaru - "Pirates are scaaaaaaaaryyyy.... Working is scaaaaryyyyyyy...."

Aokiji - "What are the news? 4000 civilians killed in Kippero Island by Kaidou and Shanks allied together? umhhhh... yes. I guess i'll have a walk now. Prepare the bycicle and some cookies"

Akainu - "LET'S KILL'EM ALL AND DRINK THEIR BLOOOOOOD!!!!!"

Coby - "Me???? I wanted just to become Admiral! What decision should i take? Maybe I'll call Luffy and ask him some advice about how to stop piracy.."

Smoker - "F**k the work, I don't give a damn s**t about my work, the only thing i care about is going after Strawhats Luffy. He still didn't pay the fee for climbin up that f****ng scaffold in Logue Town."

if the marine really wants to win against pirates, the choice should be obvious :D

Dekker
December 28, 2010, 11:09 AM
Btw, we are all forgetting about Tsuru as new Fleet Admiral. Yes she is only a VA, but she always seemed to have a big roll in how the navy was going. Could read to much into it though

matzik1212
December 28, 2010, 03:18 PM
Btw, we are all forgetting about Tsuru as new Fleet Admiral. Yes she is only a VA, but she always seemed to have a big roll in how the navy was going. Could read to much into it though

oh come on tell me you don't mean that what the...tsuru is like 100 years old :eyeroll:amuse how can she be the new fleet admiral...actually i'm positive she also retired along with garp and sengoku although this wasn't showed 'cause she really is old and her time is up for those sort of things...i'm still betting for aokiji for this position he has my full support :XD

Dekker
December 29, 2010, 07:33 AM
oh come on tell me you don't mean that what the...tsuru is like 100 years old :eyeroll:amuse how can she be the new fleet admiral...actually i'm positive she also retired along with garp and sengoku although this wasn't showed 'cause she really is old and her time is up for those sort of things...i'm still betting for aokiji for this position he has my full support :XD

What does her age have to do with her position? Fleet Admiral is not a position were you go out and fight. Your only sitting behind your desk giving orders. You realy think she could not do that? Shes old but not comatose.

Also I did not say I want her to be FA, I just said shes a possible candidate for the position. I'm quite sure it will be either Kizaru or Akainu, while Akainu is the more likely one. The gourusei were not pleased by Aokiji and his funny trips and irresponsibility.

matzik1212
December 29, 2010, 08:25 AM
What does her age have to do with her position? Fleet Admiral is not a position were you go out and fight. Your only sitting behind your desk giving orders. You realy think she could not do that? Shes old but not comatose.

Also I did not say I want her to be FA, I just said shes a possible candidate for the position. I'm quite sure it will be either Kizaru or Akainu, while Akainu is the more likely one. The gourusei were not pleased by Aokiji and his funny trips and irresponsibility.

yes i know that most of the time the fleet admiral doesn't have to fight just gives orders but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have to be strong....and no i'm not saying that she's not strong at all but i just can't see her to be suitable in this postion at all:eyeroll..and about what you said about aokiji i think he is definitely suitable 'cause he's not some sick guy for justice like akainu for example who is ready anytime to kill his own allies to achive his goal...IMO akainu is best as an admiral and definitely not as a fleet admiral...i mean if he were to be the chosen one i would pity the both sides allies and foes :XD

Dekker
December 29, 2010, 08:58 AM
yes i know that most of the time the fleet admiral doesn't have to fight just gives orders but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have to be strong....and no i'm not saying that she's not strong at all but i just can't see her to be suitable in this postion at all:eyeroll..and about what you said about aokiji i think he is definitely suitable 'cause he's not some sick guy for justice like akainu for example who is ready anytime to kill his own allies to achive his goal...IMO akainu is best as an admiral and definitely not as a fleet admiral...i mean if he were to be the chosen one i would pity the both sides allies and foes :XD

I'd also like it to be Aokiji, but the Gourusei didnt think good about him, and I guess Kong has to talk this over with them. Thats why I dont think it will be him.

Mad Wanze
December 29, 2010, 10:50 AM

The Gourusei probably don't want someone who decides what's good or not, what pirates should be humted and what should be saved, and how the marine must behave. That's what THEY are for, and that's why they don't think too well about Aokiji. of course we pirates fan would like someone "softer", but we must consider that not all pirates crews are luffy's like. There are the murder crews, terrorist crews, and so on. So if i were a peaceful villager in one piece world, as it's showed by the joy the people had when two "not so bad" pirates like Whitebeard and Roger died, i'd prefer someone who goes all out against ANY pirate that someone who decides who's good and who isn't. Hey, police is police, they can't go and make friends with the thieves, even if the thieves are the charming ones. Right now Marine needs a very aggressive behaviour against pirates, not a chilly and relaxed one. So Akainu is more suitable for the job than Aokiji. And also, stop saying Akainu is some kind of psycho. He doesn't kill because he likes it, but because he thinks he's right (he chases so hard after Luffy because he is Dragon's son, and thinks he could be a terrible danger in the future, and the same about Ace and Whitebeard). And if he loves to do his job, can we call him a sick man? nah. He is the most similar carachter in the marines to Luffy. When he has a goal, he doesn't think too much and tries, so he is the perfect enemy for Luffy.

Strawhats vs marines leaded by Akainu = Epic Carnage!!

Dekker
December 29, 2010, 11:15 AM
He doesn't kill because he likes it, but because he thinks he's right (he chases so hard after Luffy because he is Dragon's son, and thinks he could be a terrible danger in the future, and the same about Ace and Whitebeard). And if he loves to do his job, can we call him a sick man? nah. He is the most similar carachter in the marines to Luffy. When he has a goal, he doesn't think too much and tries, so he is the perfect enemy for Luffy.

Strawhats vs marines leaded by Akainu = Epic Carnage!!

You forgot Akainu killed a lot of civilians in order to let no archeologist from Ohara flee. Thats not better then what Rob Lucci did.

Mad Wanze
December 29, 2010, 11:41 AM
You forgot Akainu killed a lot of civilians in order to let no archeologist from Ohara flee. Thats not better then what Rob Lucci did.

i agree! in fact Rob Lucci was an awesome opponent!! Wasn't he? I'm not saying i like Akainu more than Aokiji, but if we must have an enemy, then it's better if he is ugly, bad and eviiil :)

And moreover, If akainu did that in Ohara and was promoted, that means that the Gourusei has that kind of policy, while Aokiji had to hide that he saved Robin. Guys, in this manga the marine is supposed to be the bad side, and it's going to be more evil from now on.

Haynes
December 29, 2010, 02:31 PM
I have absolutely no idea who should be the next Fleet Admiral. I didn't vote for that reason. I can understand why Aokiji was recommended by Sengoku and the argument that he is more suitable for Fleet Admiral. I also understand the argument supporting Akainu. I personally find it funny that Tsuru was mentioned, but I can understand that as well. I just don't see Kizaru as the new Fleet Admiral but that would be one hell of a twist.

I personally support Tsuru as Fleet Admiral because I can't see her being too high on Luffy's fight list.

Akainu is top on Luffy's list. While Aokiji and Kizaru I can see being beaten by someone else. Probably Aokiji - Zoro, Kizaru - Sanji.

Luffy's Marine hitlist is basically, Akainu, Coby, & Smoker. Coby has to achieve his dream, the problem is does he do it before or after the Straw Hat's take on the Marines. Personally I prefer after, this would just work better. Smoker has a logia which supports him one day becoming an Admiral but he seems more like VA material with future Admiral strength (Garp). I don't see Luffy having to beat an Admiral and then fighting a Fleet Admiral.

Akainu (Red Dog)

The name may support him as Fleet Admiral being the "Dog of the Gorousei".
The moving of Marine HQ to the New World is an aggressive act.
His actions can be compared to Luffy's. He stops at nothing once he makes up his mind to do something.
Luffy probably wants to kick his ass for killing Ace.
Luffy also has a knack for picking the top guy to fight last.

Aokiji (Blue Pheasant)

Is wiser and more traditional (in accordance with Sengoku and Garp) in his beliefs on Justice.
Recommended by Sengoku.
Calm and level headed.

Tsuru

Was Sengoku's personal aid.
Extensive experience (rivaled with Sengoku and Garp in years)
Nickname "Great Tactician"
Old and not likely to take part in battles, but to order people around.

Personally I'm inclined to believe it's Akainu. While Aokiji got the recommendation, he's not in line with the Gorousei. The problem with Akainu being the Fleet Admiral is the open Admiral position. If Admiral is a 3 person thing, then who would take on the new one in case of a Straw Hats vs. Marine battle? Luffy would head straight for the top after dealing with Coby. Zoro would probably take on Aokiji while Sanji takes on Kizaru. That's my problem with Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral.

Where as if Tsuru was Fleet Admiral Luffy vs Akainu, Zoro vs Aokiji, Sanji vs Kizaru. This keeps with the monstrous trio.

NANLIT
December 31, 2010, 10:37 AM
I'm going to say that Aokiji is indeed the Fleet Admiral over Akainu.

Akainu seems to love performing his justice. I do not think the Fleet Admiral position would suit him since he wouldn't be actively hunting pirates (and he really wants to kill the Straw Hats. Luffy for being Dragon's son and Robin for surviving the Ohara Buster Call.) Aokiji has the personality, IMO, for the position.

About the move to the New World, I can see anyone doing it. After the war, Marineford was destroyed and the New World descended into chaose due to the absense of Whitebeard. With all this happening at once, I can see any new Fleet Admiral thinking, 'Let's take all these new changes as a sign for us to change headquarters into the haotic New World.' Sure Aokiji can be lazy, but he does take his job seriously when needed (shown by his active participation in the war).

And most importantly, Aokiji would be the best to keep Marines from quitting. Akainu is such an advocate for Absolute Justice that I don't think he'd stand for anyone being different. I can see Marines like Smoker, Tashigi, Coby, and Helmeppo defecting (if they haven't already been forced to leave coughCobycough) because they can't stand the direction the Marines are going in. I think Garp may even decide not to train new Marines due to his hatred of Akainu if he became the new Fleet Admiral.

Although I will say Akainu has a good argument due to the WG's (and the Gorousei's) nature. But I'll stick with Aokiji until we get new information.

JC123
January 06, 2011, 09:39 AM
Where as if Tsuru was Fleet Admiral Luffy vs Akainu, Zoro vs Aokiji, Sanji vs Kizaru. This keeps with the monstrous trio.

Hmmm...

I can't disagree with this but I doubt that Tsuru (from what we've seen) is inclined to take on the responsibilities of an Admiral. From what it seems like, most of the oldies are stepping down from positions of power to let in a new generation. Why would Tsuru want to go back into the thick of battle when her position is more administrative?

Dekker
January 06, 2011, 10:15 AM
Hmmm...

I can't disagree with this but I doubt that Tsuru (from what we've seen) is inclined to take on the responsibilities of an Admiral. From what it seems like, most of the oldies are stepping down from positions of power to let in a new generation. Why would Tsuru want to go back into the thick of battle when her position is more administrative?

Dont get that argument. She's a VA right now and that means she should have to fight if needed. She does not really have an administrative position right now. If she was promoted to FA she would have one.

JC123
January 06, 2011, 12:41 PM
Dont get that argument. She's a VA right now and that means she should have to fight if needed. She does not really have an administrative position right now. If she was promoted to FA she would have one.

I'm not saying she can't fight, but every time we've seen her, she isn't really a frontline fighter like some of the other Admirals that we've seen. Even when Buddha was a VA, he fought with Garp on multiple occasions. From what I gather on her, I don't think she's the strategist type like Aokiji or Buddha. The little notes she took when there was the meeting about Blackbeard being regarded for Shichibukai status, the way she's kept somewhat to the background tells me she's not a true candidate for Admiral duties.

Haynes
January 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hmmm...

It would be Fleet Admiral, which from what we've seen is mostly an administrative position.

I'm not saying she can't fight, but every time we've seen her, she isn't really a frontline fighter like some of the other Admirals that we've seen. Even when Buddha was a VA, he fought with Garp on multiple occasions. From what I gather on her, I don't think she's the strategist type like Aokiji or Buddha. The little notes she took when there was the meeting about Blackbeard being regarded for Shichibukai status, the way she's kept somewhat to the background tells me she's not a true candidate for Admiral duties.

Note we've never seen Aokiji actually plan anything.
Tsuru's, Epithet: "Great Tactician" (大参謀 Dai-Sanbō)

mattiaildivino
January 11, 2011, 12:08 PM
it would be very nasty if the new fleet admiral wouldn't be one of the admirals,well,of the previous admirals('cause sengoku's comrades could be the new fleet admirals and we could haven't seen them fot the reason that they,like Kong,are not anymore in the marines,but in the world government). Oda has made things so we can't understand who are this person,every admiral could be:

1)Aokiji,was the stronger of them,he has got a right idea of justice,he knows the rokushiki(or at least the Soru) that even Akainu hasn't showed them,and he was recommended by Sengoku,while he was leaving;

2)Akainu,he seems to be the only one who can move Marineford in the new world,emperors' place,he was the one who killed Ace(the reason of the war) and he captured a supernova (Bonnie)and his crew,deceiving Blackbeard;

3)Kizaru, in a fight 1:1 admiral vs admiral he would win against Akainu and maybe also against aokiji himself : he's the fastest character,faster than Ener,so he wouldn't be hit, Sentomaru is an official marine now and why could be that his uncle is now the leader of the marine. in facts Sentomaru didn't attack Rayleigh and told his subordinate that he was at Kizaru's level so noone in the marine could compete with him.

Naruffy
January 11, 2011, 04:11 PM
Out of the three Admirals, Aokiji would be the most logical choice, because he's probably most level headed. But I can see Akainu being picked just because of he's more radical approach towards pirates. It would serve as a good plot twist to see a more aggressive leader of the marines. If some other person comes it charge, I'd be suprised.

modoki
January 11, 2011, 07:57 PM
Aokiji He is the only individual that i can see running the show. Despite his previous warning from the Gorousei, he was suggested by Sengoku and not the other two. Whatever reason sengoku may have had in his head to mention Aokiji, he will 99% be the one to be placed the trust upon. I can picture Aokiji retiring from fighting since like Sengoku, prefers not to fight but to do "something else". During the reconstruction of Marineford,
we did notice Kuzan and smoker in an "office" during the discussion of smoker's transfer to the new world.
Why is smoker asking Aokiji to be transfered to the new world?See Image below!
http://oi54.tinypic.com/314tgkp.jpg

Akainu definitely not. While a fleet admiral must be present at all times in Marejoia and Marineford at times, he was already seen arresting Bonney while still performing marine admiral duties. Today he is probably hailed as the new hero of the marines for taking out ace as Garp previously was for "falsely-cornering" Roger. Even so, more marine lives will be lost under his judgment than anything. He has proven that already during the War.

Kizaru No. Even so, is in my opinion the strongest of the three since he has yet to have been physically hurt by anyone compared to the other two although he is not fit to take on the role as a leader.
(Sidenote: i refer to the loss of blood from an attack. The kick from marco didnt count as kizaru purposely threw himself to a wall)
If Oda did make a twist and made him fleet, it would definitely change the role of the marines. However, he isnt 100% stupid as he has proven to have "some" strategic leadership during the War on the Summit when ordering available marine soldiers to focus on a weakened Whitebeard instead of luffy. He was not shown at all during the aftermath of the war and years later.

Tsuru I dont see this happening. to be vague i don't know why she is even on the list. I can understand her role as Sengoku's personal adviser and side tactician. However, she seems more to resume her role as a vice admiral for a bit longer and retire along with Garp, Sengoku. Since the war, since all three admirals failed to stop Luffy before reaching the platform to save ace, Sengoku was seen as a "last resort" to prevent ace's release as well as a last resort to prevent Teach from sinking Marineford. She may be strong, but not strong enough to act when the three admirals somehow can not contain a emergency situation.

-------

Aokiji takes my vote.

Dekker
January 17, 2011, 03:11 PM
Kizaru No. Even so, is in my opinion the strongest of the three since he has yet to have been physically hurt by anyone compared to the other two although he is not fit to take on the role as a leader.
(Sidenote: i refer to the loss of blood from an attack. The kick from marco didnt count as kizaru purposely threw himself to a wall)

Just saw this thread again. Kizaru was the first Admiral to bleed. Rayleigh hurt him. Proof can be seen in this Link (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2619-7/one-piece/chapter-512.html).
Still I also think that he was the most powerful of the admiral, if Oda wouldn't have made him so playful. He could run around giving headshot for headshot without any trouble.

xeteboi
February 24, 2011, 10:57 PM
Akainu... definitely.. with his sense of justice plus aokiji doesnt want the position of a FA because of his laidback attitude..
Kizaru would remain a neutral Admiral...

Tsukisama
February 24, 2011, 11:14 PM
Although I think Akainu will end up as the new Fleet Admiral for plot reasons (Luffy hates him for killing Ace and having him promoted and lionized for being the one to execute Ace would make Luffy quite upset), I want Kizaru to be the one promoted.

Firstly and least importantly, he is my favorite admiral. Kizaru is the just right mix amusing, stylish, reliable, ruthless, and bad@** that the other two just don't quite have for me.

Secondly, I have always thought that Kizaru had seniority over Akainu and Aokiji. We know that they were vice admirals at the time of the Buster Call, but I don't think we know about Kizaru's status at this time. I am hoping that he was an admiral at that time. If he is the most senior of the admirals, I would want him to get a promotion solely based on that. Plus, I think it sends a nice message of stability to the marines.

Thirdly, Sentoumaru was seemingly promoted. I want this to be a clue about the new Fleet Admiral. If that is not the case, then while it is good for Sentoumaru, it isn't foreshadowing and I cannot presently think of anything else that we have seen thus far that would seem to foreshadow who is the new FA. Oda not putting in some sort of clue would make me a little sad.

Fourthly and most importantly, Kizaru seems to be the least likely of the three to be promoted based on his personality. I don't think anyone here (besides me) has actually advocated Kizaru being FA or seems to think he would make a really good one (I do). If thoughts here are a decent sample of the greater population of One Piece readers, then by making Kizaru the new Fleet Admiral Oda will have done the most shocking move, and I love it when Oda surprises people and defies their expectations.

Come on, Oda! Surprise us all! :cheerbunny

Shuusui
February 25, 2011, 09:42 AM
I have absolutely no idea who should be the next Fleet Admiral. I didn't vote for that reason. I can understand why Aokiji was recommended by Sengoku and the argument that he is more suitable for Fleet Admiral. I also understand the argument supporting Akainu. I personally find it funny that Tsuru was mentioned, but I can understand that as well. I just don't see Kizaru as the new Fleet Admiral but that would be one hell of a twist.

I personally support Tsuru as Fleet Admiral because I can't see her being too high on Luffy's fight list.

Akainu is top on Luffy's list. While Aokiji and Kizaru I can see being beaten by someone else. Probably Aokiji - Zoro, Kizaru - Sanji.

Luffy's Marine hitlist is basically, Akainu, Coby, & Smoker. Coby has to achieve his dream, the problem is does he do it before or after the Straw Hat's take on the Marines. Personally I prefer after, this would just work better. Smoker has a logia which supports him one day becoming an Admiral but he seems more like VA material with future Admiral strength (Garp). I don't see Luffy having to beat an Admiral and then fighting a Fleet Admiral.

Akainu (Red Dog)

The name may support him as Fleet Admiral being the "Dog of the Gorousei".
The moving of Marine HQ to the New World is an aggressive act.
His actions can be compared to Luffy's. He stops at nothing once he makes up his mind to do something.
Luffy probably wants to kick his ass for killing Ace.
Luffy also has a knack for picking the top guy to fight last.

Aokiji (Blue Pheasant)

Is wiser and more traditional (in accordance with Sengoku and Garp) in his beliefs on Justice.
Recommended by Sengoku.
Calm and level headed.

Tsuru

Was Sengoku's personal aid.
Extensive experience (rivaled with Sengoku and Garp in years)
Nickname "Great Tactician"
Old and not likely to take part in battles, but to order people around.

Personally I'm inclined to believe it's Akainu. While Aokiji got the recommendation, he's not in line with the Gorousei. The problem with Akainu being the Fleet Admiral is the open Admiral position. If Admiral is a 3 person thing, then who would take on the new one in case of a Straw Hats vs. Marine battle? Luffy would head straight for the top after dealing with Coby. Zoro would probably take on Aokiji while Sanji takes on Kizaru. That's my problem with Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral.

i don't understand why zoro vs aokiji ???
aokiji fought against 3.commander jozu and 2.commander ace(and he didn't defeat ace)
and 1.commander marco fought against kizaru
also , pirate kings , vice-captain fought against kizaru too
i think aokiji weakest admiral
and zoro vs aokiji , aokiji going to use ice saber ??? its too simple
but if we see ,kizaru's light saber vs zoro's sword, that is something...
also sanji's diable jambe can work against aokiji's ice body,
i think this must be ;
luffy-akainu
zoro-kizaru
sanji-aokiji

Blue Walk
February 25, 2011, 03:35 PM
It might be out of left park, but if its for administrative purposes i was thinking why not select someone whom we've seen before but not given much thought to? Hence i'll predict that the new fleet admiral could be.....magellan.

Yes i know many arguments against this would probably be that he's not strong enough for the position or he's not a marine, but then again its Kong (and maybe gorosei) who have the final say so. Simply because Sengoku made a recommendation does not mean that Kong is required to oblige. We've seen how much of a beast Magellan is, and after many yrs. of maintaining Impel Down he was bested merely by luffy (and his "lucky" circumstances).Afterall, who hasn't? with luffy's luck even sengoku has been trounced upon, and the marines made into a mockery.

So i think Magellan could fit the role, especially as he'd like to redeem himself, allowing Hannyabal to be given the position hes dreamed of having. Magellan would want to hound down those pirates whom escaped to the new world (and then some), thus having a motive to move marine headquarters there. Plus, his bathroom issues wouldn't interfere as the position is mostly administrative.

Now i could be biased as i thought magellan was awesome, and would love if he made a reappearance in the current timeline, but i do think he'd fit quite nicely. As we've seen after the timeskip, becoming a marine isnt difficult as Sentoumaru has achieved it himself and with Magellan's resume him securing a top seat amongst the marine ranks would be smooth as diarrhea lol.

As a side note, if anything similar to this happens it would also give us readers much needed closure as magellan and luffy would surely have a rematch one day, AND it wouldn't be as one sided as before since luffy would have an ace in the hole with his new found immunity to poison (plus haki).

P.S. does anyone know if magellan has an epithet? thought it would be cool if he did. Which reminds me, how come no one has a thread about possible nicknames for ppl? i got one, "Broadaxe" Sentoumaru :p easy i know, but it fits no?

Tsukisama
February 25, 2011, 05:24 PM
Magellan would be a very unexpected choice, but he seems very unlikely. While Magellan is connected to the Marines, I don't think he actually is a member of the Marines. He is just a part of the World Government security forces as jail manager. I am thinking that the new Fleet Admiral would have to be a marine and a fairly high-ranking one to get the position.

P.S. does anyone know if magellan has an epithet? thought it would be cool if he did. Which reminds me, how come no one has a thread about possible nicknames for ppl? i got one, "Broadaxe" Sentoumaru :p easy i know, but it fits no?

There is such a thread: here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48495). :hbunny

Deicide
March 05, 2011, 05:17 PM
If I recall correctly, Sengoku suggested that Aokiji got promoted to Fleet Adrimal.
For now, I'll say that he got promoted.

MaiSiaoSiao
March 06, 2011, 04:35 AM
Yea he recommanded Aokiji.but i think its still up to the WG 5star elders

zelllogan
March 06, 2011, 04:56 AM
There is the possibility that Kong is assuming the role again.
Why automatically assume that one of the three got a promotion ?

Aikidoka
December 27, 2011, 02:09 PM
Now that it's technically been a week (no longer the newest chapter at least), I think it's safe to say our questions have been answered. Interesting to see that Akainu and Aokiji were exactly tied in the polls, too. xD