PDA

View Full Version : Powers withstanding haki

scyter
October 07, 2010, 06:20 AM
What do you think, which mugiwara can withstand CoC impact?

Before timeskip

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Robin(with a little problem)
Brook

After timeskip

All the mugiwaras

bittman
October 07, 2010, 07:05 AM
Didn't Helmeppo withstand Luffy's? Didn't all of Law and Kidd's crew withstand Rayleigh's blast?

So, pre-timeskip: every Strawhat. Ussop, Chopper or Nami might feel quite weak though or "almost faint" like one of Law's men to Rayleigh.

Post-timeskip: every Strawhat.

Writing this makes me realise what a joke it was that the Executioners could be toppled by CoC. Surely you'd put someone there who won't get insta-sniped so easily...

Uriel
October 07, 2010, 08:24 AM
Law and Kidds pirates withstand it? I thought Rayleigh only sent that wave to marines. :O

MaiSiaoSiao
October 07, 2010, 10:44 AM
Yea i thought that RayLeigh purposely aim for the guards and auctioneers?

Lord Rayleigh
October 07, 2010, 11:46 AM
No, he didn't. That's why he said to the Heart and Kid Pirates that they were not amateurs either. That's also why one of Law's crewmates began falling for a second and felt bad afterwards.

Freid
October 07, 2010, 12:47 PM
You know, I find it odd that when Luffy unleashed his Kings haki in kuja island, it was only the warriors that were fainting. That's odd since at that time luffy couldn't control it to direct it at the kuja warriors but still made only the kuja warriors faint. We know it wasn't controlled but its odd that the weaker citizens did not feel its effects but the stronger kuja warriors did.

zelllogan
October 07, 2010, 01:00 PM
I think Usopp can withstand COC. Usopp is extremely resilient. He get beat up all the time & almost always get up.

Jorge D. Dragon
October 07, 2010, 02:43 PM
Normally not that much people can withstand COC Haki, but Luffy, for now can control it, so we can't say if all the Mugivaras can withstand it before they will be attacked by someone with COC.
And about Auction Hall... Rayleigh really aimed only for Tenryubito guards.

bittman
October 07, 2010, 06:27 PM
Auction Hall: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2611-12/one-piece/chapter-504.html

I can't believe you all forgot that one Law Pirate "almost losing conciousness". Rayleigh obviously targetted everything not a Strawhat or slave basically. He's even quoted as "You took that blast without trouble."

So yes, even the Puny Trio pre-timeskip should be able to take a CoC blast.

tothx
October 07, 2010, 06:47 PM
What says he skimped out on the strawhats? It was the first time he met them, and apart from Luffy i doubt he knew everyones faces or their positions. And somehow i doubt he skimped on Luffy anyhow since he'd obviously would want to see how he reacted to it.

And more importaintly, I doubt CoC will only be used as crowd control. It is one of Luffys most unique abilities (yeye, a few others have it) and it's highly feared. So i doubt it cant be focused on a single target or something similar to that.

Freid
October 07, 2010, 06:53 PM
He read the situation before he did his mass haki attack on the auction hall. http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a442/babay14/fdsfsdf.png This is directly before he Haki attacks the hall

Fox666
October 07, 2010, 10:17 PM
Probably Rayleigh used only enough power to take down the crowd. You see, out of Luffy, Kidd and Hear pirates, there were just employees, guards and some nobles. So yeah, everyone that wasn't taken down by that blasts was quite stronger than that.

But Conqueror Haki don't just take crowd down. There is a reason why it's called "Conqueror". I.e. Luffy told Motobaro to stay back, and he did so - Luffy told Sandersonia to put Margeret statue down, and she obeyed - Luffy told Ace executors to stop, and so they did.

Ashura_Ichibugin
October 08, 2010, 04:51 AM
Probably Rayleigh used only enough power to take down the crowd. You see, out of Luffy, Kidd and Hear pirates, there were just employees, guards and some nobles. So yeah, everyone that wasn't taken down by that blasts was quite stronger than that.

But Conqueror Haki don't just take crowd down. There is a reason why it's called "Conqueror". I.e. Luffy told Motobaro to stay back, and he did so - Luffy told Sandersonia to put Margeret statue down, and she obeyed - Luffy told Ace executors to stop, and so they did.

If I recall correctly, the executioners simply fainted.

scandalous'
October 08, 2010, 09:25 AM
Well it was stated that you can't train the king's haki right? but was it ever mentioned that every blast has the same power 'output'? I mean Rayleigh could've just used enough power to knock out the guards.

So in other words, even tho' you can't train it, you might still be able to control the power 'output'.

frontaLobotomy
October 08, 2010, 09:50 AM
I'd say all of the Straw Hat Pirates would be able to survive getting knocked out by someone using Haoshoku. But I would say the members outside of the Monster Trio could be intimidated by it, maybe preventing them from attacking that person. Experience will play a big role in how they handle dealing with it.
Now that we know Luffy is able to use Haoshoku, we will get to not only learn more about its' effects, we will also see how it fairs against strong people in the New World that have it.

zerocooldx
October 08, 2010, 10:34 PM
It all depends on how strong the Conqueror Haki blast is. There is no real set "level" of power that is unleashed when the Conqueror Haki is used. For the most part the level of the strength behind the Haki reflects the people that it is meant to affect. So i'm sure had Rayleigh really wanted to knock out all of the pirates at the slave auction that he could have done so.

kkck
October 09, 2010, 03:28 AM
I think withstanding haki is more of a matter of willpower than actual strength (although strength can have a part in the whole thing). The strawhats have been through a number of ordeals through their adventures and have gotten quite some experience. Throughout their adventures they have shown they have the balls to give up even their lives for their dreams. Each and every strawhat has shown a considerable amount of willpower in their own way, specially when the time to rise to the occasion came. In that sense, I don't think any of them would be taken out of COC at this point.