PDA

View Full Version : Review Chapter 599 - A LoneLobo Review

LoneLobo
October 07, 2010, 10:12 AM
A LoneLobo Review

Hi guys! First, I'm still writing my Bachelor thesis, but because I'm such a nice person I'm doing another review this week. Although I cannot promise you to do a review next week... That said again, let's enjoy the review, and... Welcome to a LoneLobo review.^^

Chapter 599: 9 Pirates

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6812/op01.jpg

So, what should I say about this cover page? Right, almost nothing. 9 Pirates is such an onvious title.. if you don't get what that means, shame on you! Let's go further on:
We get a flashback which explains why Luffy is hiding himself beneath this coat thingy. And she also filled a huge backpack with lots of stuff for him. Although this is Hancock, this is not just some love crazy thing. At least not entirely. She cares for him, and this is nicely depicted in this picture. Oh, and last week I was complaining about Nami's clothing... oh well, look at Boa.. It seems that is the latest fashion in One Piece right now. Fast forward now: Luffy does not say goodbye, Hancock marriage joke, the end. =P

Luffy and... "Luffy"

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/497/op0607.jpg

Shabondy again! We are back to Luffy and "Luffy" again. Fake Luffy is pissed right now and... Important Fact Count: 1. ... tells us that he is the "400 Million Pirate". Hey, it seems that Luffy's bounty was raised again. I'm kinda disappointed, I thought it would be higher than that... they say he should be on his knees apologizing. And then you can see how Luffy thinks about and I also think that he remembers not to cause an uproar. So he apologizes and goes away. Fake Luffy then decides to shoot Luffy who evades the bullet and uses his Haki to defeat only the bad guys. Important Fact Count: 2. Luffy really mastered the different versions of Haki. He evaded the bullet with "mantra" and also defeated them. Nice one, Luffy!
Then we jump to Robin who meets up with Franky at the Sunny. Franky looks a lot more like a robot now than he did before. His legs are changed a bit and he got this huge arms I also mentioned last time. They look a lot like those of a robot... I have to admit that I do not like this change that much, but maybe it will grow on me in the future. I mean, there can be lots of cool weapons in there. ;)
Ongoing dialogue: Robin is the 8th person there and Franky upgraded the Sunny with Important Fact Count: 3. New weapons! w00t! Then they talk about Brooks thing and that maybe he will not be a pirate again. To be honest, I don't think so. I think everyone will join together... it just does not make much sense for Brook not to rejoin them.

Battle Preparations

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8955/op15.jpg

Back to the Fake Strawhat Crew again. They are pretty beaten because of Luffy and they meet up with Fake Sanji and Zorro and Chopper. They tell them that... Unimportant Fact Count: 1.... Cocoa/Nico Robin was kidnapped. And lol, they say she looks like the real thing. oO That's almost everything here... Chopper runs away and some Marines, who are spying on the fake crew, thing that they are real because Chopper was there. Oh, almost forgot: They want to gather at Groove 43 to team up with the members they recruited.
We change to a Marine base. They want to strike against the fake ones at Groove 43 and request backup from G1. But not only that, Sentomarou goes ahead and he analyzed the situation right: Luffy probably is much stronger now and he wants to stop him again. So he takes PX-5 and PX-7 (Important Fact here: New and higher numbers!) with him. Now, let's thing about it: If he goes to Groove 43, what will happen? The Fake Crew will first be pulverized and then he will go searching for Luffy. So I think we are in for a rematch between Sentomarou and Luffy, and of course Luffy will win this one.

Wrong Boat

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1086/op1819.jpg

The last jump for this chapter: Sanji wants to buy some cheap fish and meets a fisherman who is crazy. Zoro was there and he wanted to fish. Sanji asks the guy more and the fisher says that... Important Fact Count: 5?... he had only one eye! Hm, it seems that Mihawk was not that nice to him =P And I only thought that the scar was... well, only a scar. Funny moment here: "He is your friend?" "Well, I have seen his face before" xD I laughed so hard at that. I won't summarizes Zoro's mistake here, but... this is so typical for him... and Sanji is so pissed at him for that... but what is making him even more angrier is that Zoro was the first to arrive at the island after all.
And then a huge ship resurfaces. And it was cut into two... hm, that reminds me of a certain Mihawk who cut Don Kriegs huge ship into two... it seems that Zoro learned something from his master. Funny fact here: Oda made a mistake in the last cover page and now Zoro's scar is on the other site. I also have to admit that somehow Zoro looks super badass here. I really like the scar^^"

Predictions

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7884/op17.jpg

Last week's chapter was a bit more intersting than this one, but that does not mean that this was a weak chapter. It continued where we were last week, reintroduced us to some characters and showed us that Luffy mastered Haki and that Zoro is even more badass than he was before.

What will happen next week? That's a very good question again. Maybe the Marine will fight against the recruited members and the fake crew. Maybe we will get a fight between the real crew and the fake one. Everything can happen right now.
This concludes this review, take care and wait in anticipation of the next one. =)

LoneLobo

Credits: All chapter 599 pictures taken from mangastream.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
October 07, 2010, 05:40 PM
I'm really glad you're taking the reigns with the OP reviews LoneLobo^^. That being said, did Hancock rob a WalMart while sailing Shabondy? I'm really gonna miss her. Somehow, I just can't discard her from the series completely and as NN just yet. Seriously though, Chopper is 17 now, you'd think he'd know his friends better. Ah to be young and completely stupid-v-;;. A lot of people have been hating Franky's new look, I personally like it. You can make the star shape easier if your arms are square^^. Anyway, keep up the good work lobo^^.

Xman
October 07, 2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the review.

Well, I liked Zoro's old scare, it made looks a lot like raylight. In reagrds of luffy's rob, I think he will be using it more since it seems its a gift from Boa. About chopper, I think he is 15 right now, cause last thing I remember he was 13 according to Oda, correct me if I'm wrong.

Kuranzyan
October 09, 2010, 05:21 AM
I totally dig this chapter. Luffy being all 'I'm sorry, but I really need to go now...' and then just does 'WHAM' like they're not even worth his time, awesome...

Zoro's part in this chapter was just as grand. It seems he used only one sword for that massive Galleon Cleaver, the sword he obtained at Thriller Bark.

Sanji's aloof 'Oh, so he came back...' had me smiling for over three hours.

Xman
October 10, 2010, 05:03 AM
oh the black sword was the one he got from that shadow samurai? i thought its was a new one he got from the island were he met mihawk o.o

bopnoh10
October 11, 2010, 09:04 PM
Maybe I'm nuts, but what if Zoro doesn't really have one eye, but he keeps it closed for a reason? Remember that Mihawk is called "Hawk eyes"...

Tari
October 12, 2010, 03:05 PM
Nice review btw!

Maybe I'm nuts, but what if Zoro doesn't really have one eye, but he keeps it closed for a reason? Remember that Mihawk is called "Hawk eyes"...
what do you mean so he's trying to make a name for him self as one eyed zoro? i think it wouldnt be that threatening, unless he is called like 'the one eyed demon zoro'

Kuranzyan
October 15, 2010, 02:55 AM
Zoro already has a moniker. He's 'Pirate Hunter' Zoro. He doesn't need any more to add to his name.

LoneLobo
October 21, 2010, 04:26 PM
Hi guys,
I just wanted to thank you for all your comments and such, as I kinda forget most of the time to reply to them.^^"

Anyway, keep up the good work lobo^^.
I will at least try =P

Oh... and I don't want to promise anything because this weekend and such I will have zero leisure time... but I will try to write a review this week as the chapter was really great. If this does not happen, prepare yourself for a double-review again ;)