PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

kulash05
October 07, 2010, 01:41 PM
In the last chapter, it seemed that Rangiku wast hinting of gin in such a way that it implies that he died, but doesn't directly say it. Do you think he's really dead, or that maybe he just left soul society and will return in future chapters?

Hystzen
October 07, 2010, 02:51 PM
Gin is alive

no way Kubo kill a very popular character he has become. plus they way it worded seemed he walked off again. i think kira went to find rangiku found gin n healed him..now gin walked off to avoid been punished.

Gin will return when rangiku is under attack n save her life...and completing the ginxran cycle storyline

conn-man
October 07, 2010, 03:02 PM
Just read the page(words and art) and over again you'll realize that gin is dead.

If gin survived, then he would need to be healed by division 4 troops. If he was then he would also have been arrested along with aizen. He wouldnt be allowed to leave.

kulash05
October 07, 2010, 03:07 PM
Well the reason i believe (or hope i guess) that Gin is alive is because he's got the best sword for a surprise entrance. Fight is turning bad for a good guy, the bad guy is looming over them ready to for the killing blow and then BAM Shinsō comes right though him, with Gin half a mile away saying something sarcastic.

Drakk707
October 07, 2010, 03:08 PM
He's not

Rangiku may have not said explicitly that he died but the way she spoke tells you that he departed and in the condition he was I don't think she meant he walked-off, he was almost dead (if not) Kira healing him? I don't think so either, he may still believe in his captain but someone as rational as him knows well that even if Gin had good reasons his crimes cannot be overlooked; besides as you can see here (http://www.mangareader.net/94-52277-1/bleach/chapter-405.html) he couldn't even stand, if he couldn't even heal himself there's no way he would get to Soul Society first than everybody and save Gin's life...Matsumoto couldn't. Aaaaaaaandd to top it all of he had his flash-back, that's commonly a sign that a character will die. Face it people he's dead and not comming back.

P.D: If all those reason weren't enough for you to accept Gin's dead then here's one more, if he's alive Why didn't we saw him being judged as well as Aizen? He's still a criminal and like I said earlier there's no way he ran off before everyone got to Soul Society. He's dead.

EDIT:

Well the reason i believe (or hope i guess) that Gin is alive is because he's got the best sword for a surprise entrance. Fight is turning bad for a good guy, the bad guy is looming over them ready to for the killing blow and then BAM Shinsō comes right though him, with Gin half a mile away saying something sarcastic.

*Facepalm (http://www.lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/facepalm.jpg)*

Grekaosangel
October 07, 2010, 03:39 PM
What exactly did Gin do...really.

Did he kill the Central 46, no, Aizen did.
Did he wage War against Soul Society, no, Aizen did.
Did he steal the Hougyokou and become immortal and huge threat to the King, no Aizen did.

Gin, if he survived, was like a double agent so to speak. Except SS didn't know he was. He tried to stop Aizen, so I would think that he would be let go. Aizen on the other hand, definitely was evil and had to be punished.

Gin may be dead, but the way I see it, Rangiku really made it sound like he left without leaving anything behind for her. Not that he died. Until it's confirmed, he's not dead.

We see the deaths of those that die, Tousen, dead. Gin, unconfirmed. Besides in her monologue, we see Gin in his Captain's haori. Either he died and she's remembering him as he was, or he was healed and set free. Who knows.

Zatono
October 07, 2010, 03:48 PM
Gin's dead. He got the full force of an Aizen-stomp.

If he's alive, which I highly doubt, then he's probably going to come back and save Rangiku from something, with an entrance similar to what kulash said =/

kkck
October 07, 2010, 05:20 PM
I think he is very much dead. He took significantly serious wounds from aizen and we saw him kinda fade away. The way rangiku refered to him is proof enough that he is dead IMO. Was gin in a position where he could have escaped in any plausible way? Not particularly, his position was actually quite the opposite. So, the possibility of him running away did not exist, his wounds were dead serious and rangiku referred to him as gone.... Yep, gin is done for.

Random101
October 07, 2010, 05:55 PM
What exactly did Gin do...really.
Cut Hiyori in half for one thing. And that's just the main clear cut Nuh-uh thing he did. There's also the fact that he pretty much let everyone fighting him fall like rats purely because he wanted the sole pleasure of taking him out alone, as well as generally hindered the opposing side in his own way that helped Aizen get as far as he did (though given everything he'd probably have gotten that far regardless so that's hardly just his fault).

Granted though the only thing he can actually be directly held accountable for is cutting Hiyori in half though, as the other bits are kinda hard to prove if we didn't see him outright say it.

That being said as few places as he sensibly has to go from here as a character, and as dumb as it is that he would either manage to walk off after getting healed or worse walk off after getting shredded like that, he's probably alive.

THM Nindo
October 09, 2010, 06:54 PM
He's not dead.

1. A simple slash wouldn't kill him... we've seen that Tousen had auto-regeneration
2. We haven't seen half of what he can do (Mask, and ressureccion)
3. No on-screen death = not dead.

CBlitz
October 09, 2010, 07:04 PM
Gin should come back as one of Ichigo's new homeroom teachers for his school. Awesome hijinks would ensue, I'm sure Urahara wouldn't mind lending Gin a gigai :hurr

Random101
October 09, 2010, 07:16 PM
Uh, it's not clear Gin got Hollowified. Thanks to Kubo retconning the orb, it doesn't do hollowification but rather wish granting. Tousen didn't want to be a shinigami, Gin obviously wasn't of the same mindset.

And really if Gin could but didn't Hollowify for that attack that'd be easily one of the dumbest moves yet.

That being said I agree he's probably not dead, but that reasoning isn't the best to say the least.

Alterno
October 09, 2010, 09:30 PM
No one dies in bleach, I don't know why you are even asking :P

kulash05
October 10, 2010, 12:18 AM
No one dies in bleach, I don't know why you are even asking :P

Tosen blew up, pretty satisfying. And judging by the way some fans talk every week, you think Kibo went around and killed all of their mothers personally
<hr noshade size="1">
I"ll pose another question that the last chapter left hanging in the air for the next two weeks that's kind of similar to the Gin one. Did everyone (mainly Soifon, Hachi, and the Captain Commander) lose their arm, or did the captain commander decided to not have it healed as some kind of reminder of the battle or something? (Something to keep in mind, the 10th squad captain lost his arm, but it seemed to have been healed. But his arm was just cut off, while soifon, hachi and the CC, lost theirs in a special way that might hinder healing)

Alterno
October 10, 2010, 12:47 AM
Tosen blew up, pretty satisfying. And judging by the way some fans talk every week, you think Kibo went around and killed all of their mothers personally

Not really is just funny how Kubo don't kill his characters, in fact if you google about Bleach characters, in total we count about 8 characters including Ichigo's mother, rukia's sister and kaein, most of them are just arc characters, rarely any meaningful character.

Niirouge
October 10, 2010, 07:09 AM
As much as I'd love for him to live, I honestly think he's dead... :(

Gin was the only thing keeping me from dropping Bleach, especially somewhere after the rescue-Orihime-arc... and now he's gone...

I'm still hoping not but I'll just wait (a while) and see :)
If he does come back, a non-dramatic entrance would suit his character more in my opinion...

Hystzen
October 10, 2010, 01:25 PM
Those who believe Gin is alive are fans
Those who have buried him already don't have 100% proof that he is dead.
Great job Kubo.

Random101
October 10, 2010, 01:34 PM
Trust me, I'm anything but a fan of Gin. Frankly I think he's been overhyped by people just because he's Aizen's right hand man which implies nothing, and his Bankai was retconned too many times until it finally became something decent fight wise (Though make no mistake it was an excellent assassin blade the last two times it's abilities were changed), and his shikai was garbage from the start. I think he's alive purely because that was no where near saying he's dead already.

Rumina Asagi
October 10, 2010, 05:20 PM
I think it's intentionally been left ambiguous. It could go either way, and probably will only be resolved when the plot/rule of cool demands it.

kkck
October 10, 2010, 05:50 PM
Right now I don't see how gin could be alive. The sword slash which killed gin was as severe or even worst than the ones that caused the defeat of ulquiorra (when ichigo first slashed him) and the one that caused starrk's defeat in the game. Above that, he lost an arm which certainly caused a lot of blood loss. It is also worth considering gin was seen entrusting everything to ichigo and kinda drifting away. Another thing worth considering is that gin has no plausible way of escaping SS grasp at that moment. He was half dead and incapable of moving on his own will. I doubt he could have forced his way away from matsumoto at that time. Then lastly there is the way in which matsumoto talked about gin. I don't think that would have made sense in the least to talk about him that way if he was among the living in any plausible way. Only way gin could actually be alive is that aizen actually faked the whole treason thing with his illusion and gin escaped then. That would be horrible though.

Eprst
October 10, 2010, 09:50 PM
So many espadas died - so probably somebody good needs to die to balance teh forces. Plus it adds more drama to the manga. Well maybe he faked his death and he was behind Aizen??? we will see with time :)

kulash05
October 11, 2010, 12:21 AM
Right now I don't see how gin could be alive. The sword slash which killed gin was as severe or even worst than the ones that caused the defeat of ulquiorra (when ichigo first slashed him) and the one that caused starrk's defeat in the game. Above that, he lost an arm which certainly caused a lot of blood loss. It is also worth considering gin was seen entrusting everything to ichigo and kinda drifting away. Another thing worth considering is that gin has no plausible way of escaping SS grasp at that moment. He was half dead and incapable of moving on his own will. I doubt he could have forced his way away from matsumoto at that time. Then lastly there is the way in which matsumoto talked about gin. I don't think that would have made sense in the least to talk about him that way if he was among the living in any plausible way. Only way gin could actually be alive is that aizen actually faked the whole treason thing with his illusion and gin escaped then. That would be horrible though.

I don't think the sword slashes should count for anything. I mean we have seen worst done to lesser characters and they walked away. Best example i can give is Momo taking the hit of three captains and she's still alive. The 10th lieutenant had everything under her right lung torn away at once, and she not only didn't die, but went on to play a tiny part in the story. She was at least well enough to walk.

Also, i think if anything this would have been the best time to escape from soul society. Everyone is injured pretty badly, and he kind of sort of became a good guy at the end, so they might have looked the other way to avoid another fight. I think it's totally unclear and can't be called one way or another.

kkck
October 11, 2010, 01:48 AM
In the cases you mention the characters were healed though. And the only hit hinamori got was from hitsugaya if I recall. If she had taken soifon's shikai she would have died right then. Matsumoto received treatment from hinamori and kira right away. Besides, what exactly do you supposed happened with gin? How exactly would he have escaped in his condition? Even if he actually received treatment he should not be quite capable of movement.

kulash05
October 11, 2010, 03:27 PM
In the cases you mention the characters were healed though. And the only hit hinamori got was from hitsugaya if I recall. If she had taken soifon's shikai she would have died right then. Matsumoto received treatment from hinamori and kira right away. Besides, what exactly do you supposed happened with gin? How exactly would he have escaped in his condition? Even if he actually received treatment he should not be quite capable of movement.

Honestly I don't know what has happen to Gin, which is why i started the question. But as far as healing goes, the chief healer is the 4th squad captain and she has been shown to have extreme compassion, even when it's not warranted. For example, when she first arrived in HM, she healed Chad and the arrancar he was fighting. Technically speaking, that arrancar did nothing to redeem himself for soul society. He tried to kill one of their allies, and he did warn Chad about NNorita, but the captain wouldn't have known about that. So i could see it being reasonable that she healed him and let him go.

kkck
October 12, 2010, 02:21 AM
I think there would be a difference between a random arrancar and gin though. not to mention gin would have had to be taken to SS for this. I really doubt that a living gin would have been allowed to escape from SS if the captains have anything to say about it.

Eprst
October 12, 2010, 05:25 PM
Gin is dead, it was neccessary to show that the path that Aizen took is only for one person. Actually he just used other people and arrancars and everything else.
The thing was just to show that he infiltrated Aizen group as a spy. With a purpse of killing him. And he tried to do it at the best fitting moment, but failed due to such power up of Aizen.

thornofcarrion
October 13, 2010, 04:27 AM
Sadly, I think he is dead. I don't see him playing a bigger role in the story. Actually, I'll rather prefer him dead than just be another guy in the story. There are too many good guys in Bleach. I'd prefer Gin as a character he was before he revealed his true motives.

Arrogance
October 13, 2010, 02:03 PM
Personally I think he may be dead but I'm open to him still being alive and having just ran off instead. Rangiku's speech was very ambiguous. There were times it sounded like he could have just ran off but there were others that seemed very "finalized" as in this is my goodbye to you type of language. But for all we know it was supposed to sound like that by Kubo just to mess with us and he could really be alive and he's going to bring him back at some point. So my final verdict is that I just can't freakin tell but I personally lead more towards being dead.

Hystzen
October 13, 2010, 03:21 PM
im trying not to claim he dead..we not seen a body of even Gin dying on panel..last we saw was him saying he can die happy that ichigo has strong eyes n leave it to him...that aint last words kubo style..

i really can see him saving rangiku later from death

Nieuwsgierig
October 27, 2010, 05:39 AM
1. A simple slash wouldn't kill him... we've seen that Tousen had auto-regeneration

But Gin isn't an Hollow, he wouldn't allow himself to be corrupted by Aizen because that would mean he fell to his level.

I believe he is alive and that Soul Society let him go. Yes, Central 46 would have convicted him, but take a look at the Thirteen Squads. They knew where Urahara, a convicted criminal was. What did they do? Ask him for help. Over and over. I'm still hoping for Gin to just randomly show up at school in a Gigai.

Darth Executor
October 27, 2010, 08:28 AM
I think he's alive and this implies he is:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57918-10/bleach/chapter-423.html

If Gin left nothing behind then his body, clothes and swords are gone. Unless Shinigami evaporate upon death (and they don't, tousen's GF didn't), then he left on his own. I have no idea how, maybe the hougakyu healed him, and it'll hopefully be explained later, but I'm about 90% certain he's still alive.

kkck
October 27, 2010, 07:28 PM
I think he's alive and this implies he is:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57918-10/bleach/chapter-423.html

If Gin left nothing behind then his body, clothes and swords are gone. Unless Shinigami evaporate upon death (and they don't, tousen's GF didn't), then he left on his own. I have no idea how, maybe the hougakyu healed him, and it'll hopefully be explained later, but I'm about 90% certain he's still alive.

Some bodies disappear and others don't, that much has been seen with arrancar for the most part. It has been mentioned shinigami do the same here though.
http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-chapter-321-page-11.html
According to this, bodies disappear because they turn into spirit particles. I guess some bodies do that faster than others for whatever reason.

DaoneLuffy
October 29, 2010, 08:10 AM
Of course he is NOT dead, they don't kill shinigami's in bleach only hollows die apparently. Even in a war when people get cut in half they seem to stay alive, which is rediculous, but a hollow can die with just one slash. No captain class can die only arrancar which is supposed to be at captains level, man kubo can piss people off.

Richo
October 29, 2010, 10:38 AM
Some bodies disappear and others don't, that much has been seen with arrancar for the most part. It has been mentioned shinigami do the same here though.
http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-chapter-321-page-11.html
According to this, bodies disappear because they turn into spirit particles. I guess some bodies do that faster than others for whatever reason.

I think it depend on the amount of reiatsu they have left when they die, ulquora evaporated when he died because he had no reiatsu left.

Crystal Black
October 30, 2010, 03:40 PM
As a Gin fan I refuse to believe he is dead. But I also believe he isn't coming back to the SS. Wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a member of Urahara's candy shop group. Lay low there, and train or whatever, hell maybe he and Ichigo will become new sparring partners or something.:cool:

Jorge D. Dragon
October 30, 2010, 04:32 PM
I think it was rather clear that he died, cause othervise he will be near Aizen in the prison. And according to Rangiku's feelings he is also dead.

Hystzen
October 30, 2010, 05:19 PM
I think it was rather clear that he died, cause othervise he will be near Aizen in the prison. And according to Rangiku's feelings he is also dead.

it is not clear.

there no proof he dead.

it like the old man yamma part when he did kido saw him wounded thats it

in Bleach villains have to be hollows to die...he was a shinigami kubo wont break his rule.

Jorge D. Dragon
October 30, 2010, 05:37 PM
I didn't see any rule, mentioning this.:)
It was really clear that he was dead:
1. He had a flashback.
2. He was horribly wounded.
3. He lost concious and Rangiku cried on his body as if he was dead and I can't see any point of crying if he will be saved.
4. He wasn't on a proses in Central 46 where he should have been if he was alive to be sentenced along with Aizen.
5. Rangiku was talking about Gin as if he was dead.

And with Yama... we were showed that he was alive.

Hystzen
October 30, 2010, 06:22 PM
tousen..had be a hollow to die
aizen had to turn into hollow/monster to be beaten

no shinigami that is a main character has died.

his wounds were light compared to what we seen before

rangiku just said he gone again..she used the word gone last time in her flashback when he was a kid.

he might been healed then left coz he was not 100% evil

in bleach dont belive someone dead until see a body

with yamma we saw a cracked arm that it..everyone claimed he was dead

Jorge D. Dragon
October 30, 2010, 06:30 PM
They didn't have to be hollows or shinigami to die. In fact Tousen was Vaizard and Aizen was a "transendental being" that surpased shinigami or hollows. The most important is that villains die, exept Aizen and maybe Grimjow (sorry for spelling).
We did see Gin's body and Rangiku crying over it. I'll say once more: there is no point in crying over someone that will eventually live. She was crying on his dying and then dead body.
Of course he wasn't 100% evil, but he did more than enough to be sentenced with Aizen. He participated in killing Central 46, making ex-captains and vice captains vaizards and experimenting on countless shinigami. Also he participated in final battle to overthrow Soul Society on Aizen's side.

Bleda
October 31, 2010, 10:29 AM
If Ukitake is alive, there is possibility that Gin is alive too.

May I remind you that he -literally- got his inside's out?

Or take Rangiku, lost half of his torso, and got healed by Kiba?

Don't get me wrong I am not saying Gin is %100 alive but unless I saw it in a Databook or it is written directly manga I refuse to believe he is %100 dead either.

And BTW Tousen had his "friends" sword as a memento/token, if simply gin was dead I don't see rangiku not to take his sword as a memento, which if true, would make the monologue Rangiku have about "not leaving her anything behind" pointless.

Xerneas
October 31, 2010, 10:56 AM
I'm 100% sure Gin is dead. There was a slight doubt before "Farewell Swords" but that chapter either showed or talked about everyone who's status was in doubt - Yamamoto, Momo, Ukitake, Aizen, Gin. Well, Kensei wasn't mentioned at all but we can assume with confidence that he's OK. The other Visoreds are alright and he's a good guy. Gin's plotline was finished with the whole poetic Rangiku thing. I don't see how you could interpret that scene any other way.

P.S. hyst, how the heck did you change your username?

Hystzen
October 31, 2010, 11:05 AM
I'm 100% sure Gin is dead. There was a slight doubt before "Farewell Swords" but that chapter either showed or talked about everyone who's status was in doubt - Yamamoto, Momo, Ukitake, Aizen, Gin. Well, Kensei wasn't mentioned at all but we can assume with confidence that he's OK. The other Visoreds are alright and he's a good guy. Gin's plotline was finished with the whole poetic Rangiku thing. I don't see how you could interpret that scene any other way.

P.S. hyst, how the heck did you change your username?

i dont think is plot is fully done..no doubt Aizen told Gin things that no else knows about RG,Sk or even his plans.
his popularity did rise alot and one of the few love plots in bleach so cant see kubo getting rid of him and wasting the chance for Gin to return n save rangiku from been killing later on.
he might be a character who has become a wonderer been hunted by C46 to pay for his crimes.

to change username leave a post here :)
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10285

Xerneas
October 31, 2010, 11:19 AM
i dont think is plot is fully done..no doubt Aizen told Gin things that no else knows about RG,Sk or even his plans.
his popularity did rise alot and one of the few love plots in bleach so cant see kubo getting rid of him and wasting the chance for Gin to return n save rangiku from been killing later on.
he might be a character who has become a wonderer been hunted by C46 to pay for his crimes.

to change username leave a post here :)
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10285

Wow that topic is old...I can't believe I never noticed it. Maybe I did and glossed over it or something. This wasn't my first choice name...

About Gin, the way I see it is that he was the unfortunate victim of Kubo's first rule break. The first Shinigami with a name to die outside a flashback. Nobody talks about Kubo's patterns more than me so I should know. I grew to like his character a lot but to me it would be very cheap if he came back. I knew he was gone from the time he gave Ichigo that corny "entrust" speech. And whats all this drama with Rangiku for then? She sounded as if she was saying farewell for good with her "thank you" speech. The impact of all that would be lost if he was still alive. I hope to Kubo that he doesn't bring back Ulquiorra either in some plotkai-ish way.

Kubo: "Zomg Mayuri has been working diligently in Hueco Mundo for the past 2 years and with his genius he managed to resurrect/clone Ulquiorra from a particle of his dust he found!! Not only that, Androids #17 and #18 Neliel and Grimmjow have been enhanced with cybernetic attachments and are the strongest Vasto Lordes of all time!!!" -_-;

Actually I wouldn't mind the last part. By the way, I know you hate Aizen so is the username etc sarcastic?

Hystzen
October 31, 2010, 11:29 AM
i spent more time in Fun Forum then bleach (getting bored of people posting same thing in discussion when they been explained before) and ended up turning anti bleach bashing into a naruto bashing Aizen manipulation style..kinda liked idea so switched it.

With kubo i cant tell what he doing with some characters..with Gin is seemed rushed trying to explain his reason it seems we only scratched the surface of his past and reason..i can see kubo exploring it more.

the way rangiku talked bugged me coz why didnt she just say after you died or something not ..your gone again. to cryptic ..it like kubo testing peoples reactions so he can see if Gin should be brought back.

Gins wounds were light Aizen could have done much worse to him but arm ripped then cut and thrown thru a building is nothing in Bleach even for bad guys.

Xerneas
October 31, 2010, 11:42 AM
Well don't forget Hallibel died from a slash across the stomach, or did she? He has different standards for good and bad guys. Hiyori should have died even with Hacchi's help, before Unohana arrived. I guess she still has a plotline to finish with Hikifune and such, so he should have damaged somebody expendable instead like that and killed them. The VC's that don't have potential (Iba, Omaeda etc) should have died. And I laughed at Gin's flashback. Don't hope for too much cause Kubo seemed bent on some flimsy, romantic angle that didn't pan out. At least if you're pessimistic you may be pleasantly surprised, but if not....

kkck
October 31, 2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.cloudmanga.com/Bleach/417/#14

Does this look like a man who could have escaped SS by his own means? IMO he died just as he entrusted everything to ichigo. There is no way he could have escaped at that point, he was too severely wounded, mutilated and the blood loss should have been no less severe. Based on the way matsumoto spoke of him, I really doubt gin is alive in any way.

Hystzen
October 31, 2010, 04:19 PM
there are solid arguments for both sides.

me im just waiting to kubo to put it in bold letters or wording saying he did die
but i got a feeling he not.

Gin is not the only one been left like this..grimmjow,harribel,starkk have been left ambigous for who knows what reason.

if he blew up or did a ulq (why do people dont think ulqurrioa is dead is beyond me he turned to dust) i say he dead

Shinigamis don't turn into nothingness when they die. Rukia dragged Kaien's dead body all the way back to the Shibas in order to tell them she killed him. Remember Renji and Rukia's Rukongai friends? They have graves, even though they're normal human souls. Also, in that -17 omake, Kira was praying to his parent's grave. Tousen is always shown in front of his dead lady friend's grave. Byakuya's flashback of his parents showed him in front of their graves.

Gin didn't explode like Tousen, so he's supposed to have a grave. The question now is why Kubo didn't show in Rangiku's flashback in 423. If Kubo really wanted to give a final feeling of death, he'd show her in front of Gin's grave (probably moping around with Kira), instead of watching Hitsugaya train. But he didn't.

also from farewell swords..KIRA is missing not mentioned..kira was part of gins plot and has healing kido he healing rangiku missing ribs n stomach.

with kubo i can see him bringing him back
if he does i expect people to complain calling kubo a troll again who cant kill his cast off.

kkck
October 31, 2010, 06:31 PM
I don't think graves are an indication of anything... People don't make graves just because there are bodies, they also have a symbolic meaning and purpose even when there is not one. There are plenty of graves out there that do not have actual bodies. Seriously, if one of us had someone we know quite literally explode and have not a single remain left would we not make a grave? Seriously....

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...1-page-11.html
That said, shinigami bodies do disappear too. That much was said here. The issue would be that not all bodies do so. Perhaps some bodies disappear immediately (like some arrancar did) and others don't (as some shinigami and arrancar have shown) upon death.

mars0103
November 02, 2010, 05:56 AM
Those who believe Gin is alive are fans
Those who have buried him already don't have 100% proof that he is dead.
Great job Kubo.

I am not a fan I like redemtion caracters and even that doent classify him. Doing bad for the best out come to stop a bad guy and to protect someone. Matamotos monoalog was comfusing she didnt say dead just gone i think. I think kubo is going to use gin as a story plot but we have to wait for a for information.

chicamala29
April 03, 2011, 06:01 AM
gin has to be dead. i have been having trouble admitting this myself, but i really think he's dead. ridiculous that inoue wasn't able to heal him when she could ichigo at the time ulquiorra punched a fatal hole on his chest. unfair! it's the sad fate of "other" characters unlike the main heroes who are privileged to have an "unkillable" status.

It would've been awesome if he joins the exiled gang of Urahara instead of dying, damn it.

i don't think Gin chose to be hollowified. gin's not the type to go power-hungry like tousen. and yes, if he did get hollowified it would be illogical for him to not use it when he needs all the tricks he can muster to defeat Aizen. gin should know to use this to his advantage.

when rangiku said the line"...that's what i always lovED(past tense) about you." it gave me the impression that gin really has died. if not, she would've thought "Where have you gone to again, Gin?" like she always does every time Gin indefinitely disappears. Also, if Gin was alive, i don't think yamamoto would chill around not knowing his whereabouts nor will Central 46 allow him to go unpunished.

Gin's goal was to take back what Rangiku lost and take revenge against Aizen - even if it meant his death. It was his only purpose for living no matter how unfortunate it was that he failed to do so himself. I guess when this purpose ended, he had to go "bye-bye", too. (TT_TT)

THEN AGAIN, IF TITE KUBO COULD PROVE THIS SPECULATION OTHERWISE(and I'm hoping he would), I WOULD GLADLY JUMP FOR JOY!!! (^_^)
[hr]

I am not a fan I like redemtion caracters and even that doent classify him. Doing bad for the best out come to stop a bad guy and to protect someone. Matamotos monoalog was comfusing she didnt say dead just gone i think. I think kubo is going to use gin as a story plot but we have to wait for a for information.
Gin as a story plot would be cool!!! and yeah, i would love to see him redeem himself. Tite Kubo should give him a chance!!! the guy's amazingly popular, dammit. haha

kkck
April 03, 2011, 10:50 AM
I think and aizen are both coming back through flashbacks. There are plenty of story elements where they could and should have had a part with, specially when it comes to things about urahara and the king. It'd be interesting if we see aizen's bankai through flashbacks.

kamakazi_1996
April 03, 2011, 12:09 PM
it depends if he got healed or not by squad 4 (dont say they couldn't save him because hyori was practically cut in half and she still lived) but i dont know if he died while ichigo was pwning aizen or if squad 4 couldnt make it on time

i dont know if gin has hollowfication or not if he does than he could regen like tousin and he probably ran away from the soul society because he was an accomplice of aizen and would have been executed or imprisoned.

i can imagine him returning because i never really saw that much out of him, i hope he lives, he might even be hiding in the real world inside one of urahara's gigai

Xerneas
April 03, 2011, 04:12 PM
I think and aizen are both coming back through flashbacks. There are plenty of story elements where they could and should have had a part with, specially when it comes to things about urahara and the king. It'd be interesting if we see aizen's bankai through flashbacks.

Unfortunately I think he (Aizen) is coming back for real. I like the flashback idea but if Kubo was going to do that he SHOULD have killed him. He's the only out-and-out villain in the entire series thats been left alive so there's a reason for that. If I was Kubo I would save him for a confrontation with Royal Guard (where he would finally use his Ban Kai) and then have the Soul King kill him. The Hogyoku has proven indestructible so far so Kubo could use its annihilation to show how godly SK really is.

Hystzen
April 03, 2011, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately I think he (Aizen) is coming back for real. I like the flashback idea but if Kubo was going to do that he SHOULD have killed him. He's the only out-and-out villain in the entire series thats been left alive so there's a reason for that. If I was Kubo I would save him for a confrontation with Royal Guard (where he would finally use his Ban Kai) and then have the Soul King kill him. The Hogyoku has proven indestructible so far so Kubo could use its annihilation to show how godly SK really is.

SK uses power to fully crush Aizen then Aizen been destroyed or maybe disintegrating like ulq did with some cheesy flashback how was always alone and never had trust ...sounds like Kubo's death style.

on topic..i m open to Gins "death" it seems like one of kubos cheap deaths (harribel comes to mind too) but the wording with the rangiku monologue seemed vague...

one thing that annoys me about kubo WTH cant he just confirm deaths instead leaving them so open.

kkck
April 03, 2011, 11:55 PM

It would be strange though. For such a thing to happen aizen would have to forcefully release himself or be released by soul society. Neither scenario is very likely for the most part. I guess external help is feasable but I can't imagine the deepest prison in SS being easily accessible. I imagine it sort of as an impel down but 10 times worst by shinigami standards. If the orb is still a part of him then it should be possible for aizen to use it to gain his powers back though. I guess it depends on how the orb was dealt with by soul society. What scenario could bring on any of the situations I described though?

Xerneas
April 05, 2011, 03:12 PM
He won't release himself. Ichigo and his Nakama will break him out. SS Arc 2. Mark my words. We saw him being sympathetic towards Aizen at the end there when he got beat. Then Kubo dressed Aizen in black, as opposed to white, which is part of a strong theme that has been running all the way through the manga. I feel he's already gearing up for it even now, because Ichigo is being discussed back in SS with serious tones. It will be something like Ichigo sees the Soul King somehow and realizes Aizen was right even though he was still evil.

LeKuaSimi
April 06, 2011, 09:33 AM
Knowing Kubo, Gin isn't dead. He will happen to be wandering somewhere in hell, and will appear when the editor demands it.

"Hello Ichigo. I have been waiting for you".

Prepare to get Kubo-trolled.

kkck
April 06, 2011, 04:01 PM
But how would have gin survived and escape though? Matsumoto was in no condition to carry him away and there really was no one there to do such a thing. Gin certainly could no have run off on his own either. Basically it comes down to whether there was someone who could have possibly saved gin, which I doubt.

Hystzen
April 06, 2011, 04:03 PM
But how would have gin survived and escape though? Matsumoto was in no condition to carry him away and there really was no one there to do such a thing. Gin certainly could no have run off on his own either. Basically it comes down to whether there was someone who could have possibly saved gin, which I doubt.

kubo could

A) claim kira appeared in time to save him

b) Masmumoto magically gained healing kido

c) Hantaro

D) introduce a new character who saved him

dont count out a kubo twist :p

kkck
April 06, 2011, 04:38 PM
Kira had the crap beat out of him in FKT by aizen though. He could not have moved on on his own IMO. Even if matsumoto had healing kido it would still take her some serious time to heal wounds as serious as gin had. Hanatarou was in huevo mundo and was cut down by rukia/zomari. It is an unlikely scenario. A new character would be too random but I guess it is within the realm of possibilities knowing kubo. Even then, matsumoto would not have talked about gin as if he had died if that was the case though.

Random101
April 10, 2011, 12:37 PM
Trust me, we didn't see the body nor really see him actually 'die' so to speak, so calling him dead yet is supremely premature. I don't even like the dude and even I know that that was entirely too open to call a fairly popular character dead yet. Don't be surprised if he shows up later, I certainly won't be. Kubo could make up some BS to explain it, unlikely as it is.

g0dzax
April 10, 2011, 12:47 PM
Random101

Totally agree with you.I'm also not a big fan of Gin,but as long as there is no real proof that he's dead,he's considered alive(just like the law with presumption of innocence).He could show up later,as a potential ally.

indieRokker
May 21, 2011, 02:23 AM
I bet the kid is dead; hoping he is too. Tbf I'm not even sure how him coming back would do good to the plot so far. He's done what he could and failed. Gin returning wouldn't help with the plot or enhance it, for we all we know the only thing that'd benfit fro his return would be Rangiku.

Though, what amuses me is the fact that Kubo didn't give us an actual notion tha Gin had died, as in literally. Nice one Kubo, good way to troll us.

Kugo Ginjo
May 21, 2011, 05:36 AM
He's probably dead.

as long as there is no real proof that he's dead,he's considered alive
As long as there is no real proof that he's alive, he's considered dead :ginwut

Everything points at the direction that he's dead.
He even suggests that he's dying here (http://ju-ni.net/gallery/index.php?display=BLEACH%2FWeekly%20Shounen%20JUMP%20Chapters%2Fch417%2Fbleach-ch417-14.png).

Rangiku also hints that he's dead or atleast gone (http://ju-ni.net/gallery/index.php?display=BLEACH%2FWeekly%20Shounen%20JUMP%20Chapters%2Fch423%2Fbleach-ch423-10.png)

-----------------------------------
Eitherway, Gin being alive is also possible....

murasakii23
May 28, 2011, 12:55 AM
Gin should be dead. And no zombies from you Tite!XD

White Rose
June 12, 2011, 10:40 PM
Kubo did consider that Gin is dead

summerrayah
January 19, 2012, 01:48 AM
Everyone seems to forget about Orihime, if she had time to heal Harribel, Apache, Mila-Rose, Sun-Sun, who knows who else, why wouldn't she have time to heal Gin. Orihime isn't bound to soul society like Unohana. When FKT and the real KT merged back together, all occupents ended up in relativly the same place I do believe.

BASED Shinigami
January 20, 2012, 01:39 AM
Gin is dead IMO but if he still is alive out there somewhere i doubt he'll play any role in plot going forward because even though he was like a "double agent"(he tried to stop Aizen in the end and failed horribly lol) Soul Society..more specifically Central 46 isn't going to stretch out warm arms to a former captain who aided Aizen sama who is now one of SS most infamous convicted criminals, Gin is an accomplice to a man who wanted to overthrow the Spirit King..that can't be forgiven...most people can agree on that.

Jorge D. Dragon
January 20, 2012, 04:27 PM
I think Gin is dead. The thing is even if he would have been healed SS wouldn't let him be free and do what he wants as no matter what his intentions were he was a criminal. Thus I would say if he would have been healed he would have been in the trial near Aizen, but he wasn't, so we should presume that he is dead, unless we will be shown otherwise.

Enn
January 20, 2012, 11:50 PM
Kubo didn't let Gin be seen dead, and preferred to be someone who just disappeared because he wanted to build up some hope for those who liked the character. But still, I remember Rangiku crying after the whole Aizen ordeal and assumed he did die.

Darjaille
January 22, 2012, 01:20 PM
I think he is dead. I could see him surviving if he had/knew something important for later arcs. But I think as Kubo did what he did and killed him off, it would be fail to bring him back. Even with him dead there's few people who actually died. People would complain. Plus his end was really touching, he passed his will onto Ichigo basically, and it has development for Rangiku, it should strenghten her even more.

But I wouldn't mind thinking that he lives somewhere in the world >.<

eefrit
January 23, 2012, 10:20 AM
I think he is dead, but if he is brought back, then Tousen needs to come back to because both of them got shafted in the end. Both pretty much redeemed themselves in the end and they die while Aizen, who orchestrated everything, lives to most likely save the day in the future.

jaymizzo
July 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
Old thread but who cares!

I want Gin to be alive. True it would not add anything to the plot since his role is essentially done, but i believe Kubo could make him useful!

Hakuteiken
July 31, 2012, 12:49 AM
Old thread but who cares!

I want Gin to be alive. True it would not add anything to the plot since his role is essentially done, but i believe Kubo could make him useful!

Seconded!
And who cares about plot enhancement? I don't. If there is a microscopic chance to bring back an ultra-cool character, you go for it. That's simple!

Make him come back as a hero.
Make him come back as a ghost, some sort of hollow, other kind of spiritual being, etc., etc.
Just bring him back Kubo!

deadsuit
July 31, 2012, 02:36 AM
I think he is most likely dead, but i hope not. He was probably my favorite captain or one of them. Along w Aizen, Kenpachi and Mayuri.
Kensei is now one of my favs since he became a captain again

Darjaille
July 31, 2012, 03:20 AM
Seconded!
And who cares about plot enhancement? I don't. If there is a microscopic chance to bring back an ultra-cool character, you go for it. That's simple!

Make him come back as a hero.
Make him come back as a ghost, some sort of hollow, other kind of spiritual being, etc., etc.
Just bring him back Kubo!

Thirded! :XD

Well, I really think he's dead. I absolutely believe that he is. And I don't think the one that has sneaked on Opie and Urahara is Gin.

But.

If Kubo can bring him back, I don't care if it's a plot hole, or if it's just for fanservice (because he's a fan fav), or if people who seek logic in Bleach complain. Because Gin is in my top 3 fav characters and I would welcome him with open arms and tears in eyes. /the end :XD

Bromamura
August 01, 2012, 08:31 AM
I hope he's the one who attacked Kirge. I hope I hope.

Hakuteiken
August 01, 2012, 11:51 AM
I hope he's the one who attacked Kirge. I hope I hope.

Well, in a way, that would make sense, as Urahara would be really, really surprised to see Gin alive.
In some other way, that would make even more sense, as Kirge was probably attacked from distance and we all know few Zanpakutos could ever come close to that kind of speed to go from cutting Kirge back to pointing at Urahara.
So, at the very least, for him to be the rescuer would make sense.

As for his survival..
What if he received sort of Urahara's punishment? After Yoruichi saved Urahara and Tessai from the court, they were sort of ignored. Urahara was, at that point, still considered responsible of Hollowfication case, but no SS resident went after him. They were banished from SS, I guess.
So, for Gin to receive such similar punishment (actually, although introduced as a villain, Gin killed fewer people than perhaps any other and none within the main story, so, he's likely to be receiving a much more lenient action compared to Aizen at any case) and go on to take Hueco Mundo as a new home, it's at least a debatable prediction, right?

liductan
August 01, 2012, 12:56 PM
What purpose would he have for coming back? How would his coming back further the plot? Those are the answers I am interested in, while it would be nice to see him But I don't see him being welcome back with open arms.

Tonix
August 02, 2012, 03:35 AM
Seconded!

Eh, I like Gin, but Bleach is actually better than Naruto right now for the first time in years, the last thing Kubo needs to do right now is start copying Kishi by bringing back dead characters :p Bleach was a lot more fun when Gin was pretending to be the main villain, but there isn't really a place for him in the story anymore.

He hates Aizen, so he can't come back into the story with a plot to free his master. (Which would be a pretty cool way for tousen to come back even though I dislike his character)
He cut Hiyori in half, so I doubt the Vizards would welcome him into their group.
He wouldn't join up with the Sternritter because they want to kill shinigami which puts Rangiku in danger.
And he can't even go back to SS because even though he was only with Aizen to try and kill him, he still spent 100+ years committing crimes against SS at Aizen's side.
Gin could possibly join up with Urahara's group, but that feels like a stretch to me.

Even if Gin did come back, would he really stand a chance against the Sternritter? His Bankai is pretty hax, but his Shikai isn't, and he would stand even less of a chance against his Bankai then Byakuya did against his own. If Gin comes back, I want him to kick some ass, but I don't know that that would be very realistic against these new anti-Bankai quincy. Gin is cool, I don't want to see him die again, so I would prefer that he stay out of the story for now, for his own safety. If he comes back now I feel like he will just get Orochimaro'd.

I think the best case scenario is for chibi Gin to appear when Kubo does another Turn Back the Pendulum arc. I'm fine with remembering Gin as the bad ass that only lost to Butterflaizen until that time :^_^

Hakuteiken
August 02, 2012, 04:02 PM
Eh, I like Gin, but Bleach is actually better than Naruto right now for the first time in years, the last thing Kubo needs to do right now is start copying Kishi by bringing back dead characters :p Bleach was a lot more fun when Gin was pretending to be the main villain, but there isn't really a place for him in the story anymore.

He hates Aizen, so he can't come back into the story with a plot to free his master. (Which would be a pretty cool way for tousen to come back even though I dislike his character)
He cut Hiyori in half, so I doubt the Vizards would welcome him into their group.
He wouldn't join up with the Sternritter because they want to kill shinigami which puts Rangiku in danger.
And he can't even go back to SS because even though he was only with Aizen to try and kill him, he still spent 100+ years committing crimes against SS at Aizen's side.
Gin could possibly join up with Urahara's group, but that feels like a stretch to me.

Even if Gin did come back, would he really stand a chance against the Sternritter? His Bankai is pretty hax, but his Shikai isn't, and he would stand even less of a chance against his Bankai then Byakuya did against his own. If Gin comes back, I want him to kick some ass, but I don't know that that would be very realistic against these new anti-Bankai quincy. Gin is cool, I don't want to see him die again, so I would prefer that he stay out of the story for now, for his own safety. If he comes back now I feel like he will just get Orochimaro'd.

I think the best case scenario is for chibi Gin to appear when Kubo does another Turn Back the Pendulum arc. I'm fine with remembering Gin as the bad ass that only lost to Butterflaizen until that time :^_^

How can his Bankai ever be stolen? He went Bankai only after he stabbed Aizen through his chest. So, I can't see enough time to steal his Bankai, unless someone can do it while being poisoned also. Even so, the one that got stabbed is done at every case, provided, of course, Gin lands the hit and goes Bankai.
Yet, even if they steal Gin's Bankai, wasn't his Bankai dissolving itself and spreading its poison? So, in theory, Gin hits right through a Sternritter's body, goes Bankai, then, assuming the Sternritter steals it somehow and finds a way (I don't know if it's possible for a human to survive that Bankai) to live, now what does it mean? What did it steal? He couldn't have stolen the whole sword as we saw in Byakuya's case. They can steal only and only Bankai's power.
I'm assuming that the medallion then would have got a small crack of a sword, which is pretty much useless on its own. So, from my point of view, not only Gin can stand a chance against a Sternritter, but also he would be a very dangerous opponent for most with his Bankai. The sole thing is he needs to be fast enough to pinpoint the opponent with only his Shikai.
We can't say yes or no to this possibility, in my opinion, as we're yet to see the real quickness of Sternritter.

0Xellos
August 03, 2012, 06:31 AM
Hmm, the creepy part of Gin is his speed and lack of "presence" (knowing he's going to attack). As we saw, speed is dangerous to SR because they must keep defending. I doubt Gin's bankai would do that well against Blut (not that it wouldn't pierce, but it'd take some non-zero time; Gin's bankai isn't focused on strength but on speed), and shikai even more so. However, the SR wouldn't be able to do anything because of that speed - the moment an SR goes on the attack, he gets stabbed. A similar thing to Ichi's bankai, I guess (just that Gin's shikai is already extremely fast).