PDA

View Full Version : Powers Devil Fruit All Purpose Thread

Judau Ashta
October 08, 2010, 01:47 PM
If they were to cover a seastone and then unwrap it if they go overboard, wouldn't that allow DF users to swim (assuming they know how to)?

Sorry, but I'm hijacking your thread.
This thread will be used to discuss everything about DF.
Got a question about a DF, then post here

scandalous'
October 08, 2010, 03:51 PM
No, because coming near a seastone just renders them powerless overall. Luffy almost fainted. So either way. They would sink because of the devil fruit or drown because the seastone is making them feel really weak.

Fox666
October 09, 2010, 01:49 PM
Seastone has the same effects of the sea.

So I would not expect someone to be able to swim for touching a seastone, the same way I don't expect a Devil Fruit swim because he is in the sea.

I hope you understand what I mean...

elitefox
October 12, 2010, 10:01 PM
uhmm, question

if you have seastone in your hands or knuckles, can you touch akainu now? or something like that? Can akainu still release magma after being touch by a seastone?

omegakai
October 12, 2010, 10:14 PM
uhmm, question

if you have seastone in your hands or knuckles, can you touch akainu now? or something like that? Can akainu still release magma after being touch by a seastone?

I think he would feel it if he got hit by it but as long as it is not attached he will still be able to use his DF power

Kaiser Will
October 12, 2010, 10:17 PM
uhmm, question

That's a pretty good question.

But in Skypiea, Wiper did the same thing with Enel.
Well it wasn't his hands nor knuckles but more like a rollerblade made of sea stone.
Wiper warp his legs on Enel and used Reject Dial on him. I don't remember the chapter though.

EDIT: Found it! (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v29/c275/11.html)

zerocooldx
October 12, 2010, 10:37 PM
Now that is what you call fanservice.

uhmm, question

If the Seastone can directly make contact with a DF user then yeah that person should loose his/her DF ability. So Seastone knuckles could work as long as the opponent doesn't decide to use a defensive Armament Haki. But if they do and block the Seastone, then the Seastone essentially becomes kinda useless.

elitefox
October 12, 2010, 10:50 PM
Does someone know when the jute of smoker touch luffy, he became human again or still rubber? if yes, then the magma that is suppose to be part of akainu will be human again :darn

GPZrag
October 12, 2010, 11:01 PM
if you remember correctly when Boa kicked that "yute" her kick infused with haki broke the yute by turning it to stone... so i guess Seastone is useful if the other person is not proficient in haki... if not then the person will use haki and release his/her handcuffs...

SharpKnives
October 12, 2010, 11:09 PM
naw only the tip of smokers weapon was seastone.

Poneglyph420
October 12, 2010, 11:21 PM
BTW.. Smoker's weapon is a Jutte (ten hands) a weapon used to disarm an opponent.. And like SharpKnives Says it's just the tip..

St Michael
October 13, 2010, 02:43 AM
If the Seastone can directly make contact with a DF user then yeah that person should loose his/her DF ability. So Seastone knuckles could work as long as the opponent doesn't decide to use a defensive Armament Haki. But if they do and block the Seastone, then the Seastone essentially becomes kinda useless.

How can haki helps against seastone ?

That's non sense.

ScratchmenApoo
October 13, 2010, 03:23 AM
This is how I see it:

Seastone/Sea DOES NOT REMOVE the specific Devil's Fruit ability. It only makes the body of the user weaker and more suspectible to attacks otherwise immune. And if they are in that weakened state, e.g. inside a Seastone net, they cannot move and use their DF powers obviously.
For example, when Luffy was underwater in Arlong arc, his body could still be stretched, but he himself couldn't move.
When Kalifa was in the bath, she could use her bubble-powers from the parts that weren't underwater (arms,head etc.) but not the parts that were underwater.

Now, when a Logia user gets hit with a Seastone-glove, the impact area would give damage to the Logia user, but since it's only a brief connection with Kairouseki, they would be able to use their Logia powers from the other parts of the body.
But if they would be trapped in a Seastone-net, they would gradually become unable to move and use their Devil Fruit powers so you can kick their asses easily.

Basically, the user is just unable to use their Devil Fruit's power in the area it is contacted with the Seastone/Sea but an outside source could make it work (depending on the power).

k-dom
November 06, 2010, 08:05 AM
So we got a Mythical Hito Hito no mi and probably a Mythical tori tori no mi. I wonder if we get one mythical by model family or if there can be more than one.

Baron Vorg
November 06, 2010, 09:16 AM
imo, seastone can neutralizing df power, such as wiper vs enel, when wiper grab him with his feet and roller without stone, he can use his power.. Another example, when Robin is handcuffing with seastone in ennies loby, she can't use his power..
But i think the sea/water can't neutralizing df power, look luffy in arlong park.. His neck still streched.. And look chopper when he sunk, he sunk in human mode (normal mode of chopper is a deer)..

So, I think a water/sea is just make weakness for df user.. It can't be neutralizing df power.. And seastone can neutralizing df power.. :-)

zerocooldx
November 06, 2010, 11:06 AM
How can haki helps against seastone ?

That's non sense.

How is it nonsense when CoA can stop an elephant or a quake for hitting the user? The same logic applies to stopping a Seastone object from ever physically hitting the user and taking away their DF abilities. CoA isn't called armor for no reason.

Jdapenao
November 06, 2010, 01:33 PM
the yute just had seastone in the tip, that is why Hancock was able to break it with haki.

deffkryz
November 06, 2010, 01:48 PM
CoA isn't called armor for no reason.
"armor" is as much as inprecise as it could have been and is simply referring to Marigold deflecting Luffys GGnStamp... "armament" is the appropriate translation of "busou" within "busoushoku" means - and there hasn't been any sign that Busoushoku works like Tekkai as an armor.

zerocooldx
November 06, 2010, 02:13 PM
"armor" is as much as inprecise as it could have been and is simply referring to Marigold deflecting Luffys GGnStamp... "armament" is the appropriate translation of "busou" within "busoushoku" means - and there hasn't been any sign that Busoushoku works like Tekkai as an armor.

Armor acts as some type of extrenal "equipment" much like Armament acts like a sort of external "equipment" as well. Essentially they both provide a layer of something over the users natural body. Also there actually have been examples of CoA acting like armor. The Admirals using it to directly stop WB quakes and even Rayleigh stopping the elephants attack. Yeah its not Tekkai like armor, but i never said CoA = Tekkai. But those were direct examples of CoA acting as armor to defend.

Baron Vorg
November 06, 2010, 07:52 PM
so, does CoA also can neutralize the paramacia user?

Jdapenao
November 07, 2010, 12:56 AM
so, does CoA also can neutralize the paramacia user?

It can bypass paramecia powers, the best example is luffy taking direct damage even if he is a rubber man, another example is with whitebeard quakes powers, they were repelled by the admirals haki, remember that WB powers are paramecia.

Baron Vorg
November 07, 2010, 02:33 AM
i mean for paramecia type like luffy that can change his body became something such as Joz and luffy.. WB is not..

kulugo
November 07, 2010, 05:08 AM
in the course of the story, luffy has mastered his DF fully, making it a logia.. plausible?

k-dom
November 07, 2010, 06:14 AM
Haki can neglect every Devil Fruit kind. Garp was able to hit Marco (Zoan) Luffy (Paramecia). There are plenty other examples.

@kulugo
I doubt it's possible, Luffy will never be able to create gum.

Baron Vorg
November 07, 2010, 08:51 AM
yeah i think so.. :D
luffy will never create a gum.. And the type of paramecia that can create something will never make his body became something too, like magelan and galdino..

About haki, when luffy attacked by haki he felt sick, in other word his power is dissapear in a moment when contact with haki.. So i think haki can neutralize paramecia power (but, just for paramecia type that make his body became something like luffy and daz bone) .. :D

kkck
November 07, 2010, 09:30 AM
When did luffy feel sick by being attacked by haki? I don't think such a thing has ever been said or shown. Haki does not take away DF powers even for a second.

Jdapenao
November 07, 2010, 01:40 PM
i mean for paramecia type like luffy that can change his body became something such as Joz and luffy.. WB is not..

Indeed he is a paramecia user, not a logia. The Gura Gura no mi is a paramecia DF, Oda himself stated in the SBS of Volume 58 that it was the strongest Paramecia fruit (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_58).

[QUOTE=kkck;2160100]When did luffy feel sick by being attacked by haki? I don't think such a thing has ever been said or shown. Haki does not take away DF powers even for a second.[/QUOTE

They bipass powers and allow the user of haki to directly attack the body, even of paramecia, whos bodies have completely changed and logia users.

Baron Vorg
November 07, 2010, 06:16 PM
@jdapenao : i said he's paramecia, not logia... -__-

@kkck : look at when luffy hitted by Sentomaru, look at Ray hit luffy's head by his finger by haki.. It's clearly, luffy feel sick.. Another example, when luffy's twisted by marigold with haki, he feel very sick although his body is a rubber...
[hr]
@jdapaneo : i'm never say WB is logia user.. I mean the type of paramecia like luffy and WB its different.. Luffy's abillity is his body is a rubber but he can make a rubber, than WB can make a quake but his body can became a quake itself... I hope you know what i mean.. :)

Jdapenao
November 07, 2010, 07:04 PM
@jdapenao : i said he's paramecia, not logia... -__-

@kkck : look at when luffy hitted by Sentomaru, look at Ray hit luffy's head by his finger by haki.. It's clearly, luffy feel sick.. Another example, when luffy's twisted by marigold with haki, he feel very sick although his body is a rubber...
<hr noshade size="1">
@jdapaneo : i'm never say WB is logia user.. I mean the type of paramecia like luffy and WB its different.. Luffy's abillity is his body is a rubber but he can make a rubber, than WB can make a quake but his body can became a quake itself... I hope you know what i mean.. :)

I gave you both examples, with Luffy being hit, bypassing his paramecia fruit and the second with WB powers.

About the question in itself, you just have to look on the several occasions in which Garp pinched or hited Luffy and he wonders why he is affected knowing he is made of rubber, some of the others crew member wonder about this to.

So indeed, as explained by Rayleigh, Haki can "Bypass" the DF abilities the user has and deal damage directly as if the power was non existant, it seems the user doesnt stop having the DF ability, just that the Haki hits in disregard of this and does damage as if the person didnt have any DF power.

Im sorry about the confusion, is just that it wasnt so clear about what you were refering.

kkck
November 07, 2010, 09:01 PM
I have seen the images of luffy hitting COA haki but none of them show or imply he feels sick or was deprived of his power in any plausible way.

Baron Vorg
November 08, 2010, 01:30 AM
@jdapenao : i think, the paramecia body's neutral when contact with haki.. But, it just for a part body that contact with haki.. example, when ya touch luffy's hand with haki, he's hand is neutral, but another part of his body still a rubber.. It can be explain why luffy feel sick when he hitted by haki, when ya hit luffy face with haki, luffy's face became normal but it's just a few moment.. When his face is not contact with your haki again, luffy's face became a rubber again..

I hope my explanation can be understand.. My English isn't good... :-D
[hr]
@kkck : luffy feel sick when he hitted by Rayleigh, sentomaru and Hancock sister... He was twisted by marigold with haki and he says that why he felt sick? Whereas he's rubber..

Jdapenao
November 08, 2010, 10:02 AM
@jdapenao : i think, the paramecia body's neutral when contact with haki.. But, it just for a part body that contact with haki.. example, when ya touch luffy's hand with haki, he's hand is neutral, but another part of his body still a rubber.. It can be explain why luffy feel sick when he hitted by haki, when ya hit luffy face with haki, luffy's face became normal but it's just a few moment.. When his face is not contact with your haki again, luffy's face became a rubber again.

In chapter 582 page 15 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c582/15.html) we see that Garp is pinching Luffy and his cheek stretch normally, even knowing that Garp is using Haki on him, because it hurts Luffy.

So I dont think that it eliminates the user power in itself, it just let the damage/attack bypass the ability as if there were none.

(Why do you say sick, Luffy says he feels pain, not sickness, when hit with Haki and wonders why the attacks that usually dont hurt inflict some damage, even knowing he is made of rubber)

kkck
November 08, 2010, 10:26 AM
@kkck : luffy feel sick when he hitted by Rayleigh, sentomaru and Hancock sister... He was twisted by marigold with haki and he says that why he felt sick? Whereas he's rubber..

What are you talking about? He was repel by marigold and sentoumaru and garps and Rayleigh hits did hurt him but it has never been said or implied luffy felt sick or that haki makes fruit users physically sick. Do you have the link of luffy saying he felt sick? I have read every instance of fruit users being attacked by haki and such a thing has never been said or implied.

Baron Vorg
November 23, 2010, 03:09 AM
What are you talking about? He was repel by marigold and sentoumaru and garps and Rayleigh hits did hurt him but it has never been said or implied luffy felt sick or that haki makes fruit users physically sick. Do you have the link of luffy saying he felt sick? I have read every instance of fruit users being attacked by haki and such a thing has never been said or implied.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c597/12.html
i hope you can fine that, luffy feels hurt, when he hitted by Rayleigh's finger.. :D

kkck
November 23, 2010, 12:49 PM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c597/12.html
i hope you can fine that, luffy feels hurt, when he hitted by Rayleigh's finger.. :D

Luffy felt physical pain when he was attacked with haki, I have never questioned that. So, where exactly does this show luffy either lost his DF powers or that he felt sick? It did not in the least. Heck, luffy pointed out the attack hurt (not that he felt sick) even though he was a rubberman (not lost his powers).

Freid
November 23, 2010, 01:20 PM
I think by 'sick' he means exactly what you're saying but perhaps in Indonesia, sick in this kind of context means the same thing. I dont know but Im pretty sure he doesn't mean :barf sick.

Baron Vorg
November 28, 2010, 07:25 AM
sorry.. I mean pain, i say sick because it have the same thing in Indonesian..
@freid : thanks for your help.. :-)

@kckc : sory for my understanding.. :-)
i mean, luffy is rubberman.. The hit can't make him felt pain.. But when he attacked by haki, he felt pain.. It mean he lost his rubbers power, but it only happen in one point in luffy's body, such as when ray hit him with his finger (with haki) in his head.. One point in luffy's head lost his df power and he felt pain.. But another of body still have df's power.. So, haki can neutralize df powers but in one point that contact with haki (it just for paramecia type like luffy, that can transform their body became something)..

I hope my opinion can be understand..
Sorry if my english isn't good.. :-)

Ex-Shadow
November 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
Well, of course it is. Because we've yet to see any haki user capable of sending haki to all of DF user's body (I mean, basically enveloping DF user in your haki if you're a haki user). Unlike other's manga with the same principle, in OP you can't send you haki flying (well, I'm not talking about CoC 'cause CoC is a unique one). In OP, to unleash your haki to damage your opponent with CoA you've to touch your opponent body. You can only punch or kick your opponent at some part of their body or you can do it like Luffy's Gatling and Storm technique (hit you opponent countlessly in a flash). Even with Luffy's Gatling or Storm, you'll still touch some part of your opponent body at a time, not all of them at the same time.

PS: Actually, there's a way to use CoA and send haki to all parts of your opponent body. But, I doubt it'll be used in a real fight. That way is "hug your opponent" like what Luffy did with Hancock and use CoA. I'm sure it'll nullify all DF ability in your opponent body. XD

Isto
March 24, 2011, 11:05 AM
Anyone had a thought on fissure fissure fruit. Getting abality to create nuclear reactions.

How bad would be that :O

kkck
March 24, 2011, 01:30 PM
^Too bad... the power to nuke stuff and give cancer and radiation poisoning to people around... I doubt such a thing would exist lol.

ScratchmenApoo
March 24, 2011, 05:04 PM
Anyone had a thought on fissure fissure fruit. Getting abality to create nuclear reactions.

How bad would be that :O

Share your ideas : http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1136