PDA

View Full Version : Question Blackbeard! The opposite of Luffy or just the same.

SharpKnives
October 11, 2010, 12:14 AM
What do you think?

Fox666
October 11, 2010, 12:33 AM
The opposite sides of the same coin?

Uriel
October 11, 2010, 12:40 AM
Nah, they share too much things to think in opposites and they're clearly different in other to say they're the same.

I think Oda tried to avoid easy plot devices like opposite enemies and hard concept of good and evil.

SharpKnives
October 11, 2010, 12:59 AM
^ I agree but so far their similar in most ways.

MaiSiaoSiao
October 11, 2010, 01:24 AM
^ I agree but so far their similar in most ways.

Yes especially the way the do things.Do first then say way rofl.

Deo_df
October 11, 2010, 03:50 AM
The only difference is Luffy's sense of justice, he wont act or allow others to act if it contravenes this.

Niirouge
October 11, 2010, 03:53 AM
I think they're pretty much the same...

The only difference I can think of at the moment is that Blackbeard prefers to use others to take action while Luffy has enough pride and confidence in himself to become the Pirate King :)

@ above: lol, you beat me to the typing :p What he said as well.

natli
October 11, 2010, 04:22 AM
It was obvious in Mock Town, that they are 'parallel' characters. Both are after One Piece, both are guided by their dreams and believe that 'will' is stronger than anything. Both don't care what people think of them, both have an amazing amount of luck and both carry the will of 'D', whatever that means. For me Blackbeard is a dark Luffy.

100krotka
October 11, 2010, 04:45 AM
Yes, they are similar in a lot of ways, but lets not forget theirs opposites. The biggest one: what they think about being a nakama. Luffy would do anything for his nakama, BB kiled one of his friends for DF.

Lord.Strife
October 11, 2010, 06:32 AM
Nah, they share too much things to think in opposites and they're clearly different in other to say they're the same.

I think Oda tried to avoid easy plot devices like opposite enemies and hard concept of good and evil.

I completely agree luffy and blackbeard are similar and different a the same time. Also they can't be parallels of each other since they would need the same willpower which black certainly doesn't have. WB stated the blackbeard isn't the one roger was waiting since he didn't have the will of d.

Quick question would the quake quake fruit work on rubber since rubber absorbs vibrations.

Jorge D. Dragon
October 11, 2010, 07:04 AM
For me they are completely different. The only thing they have in common - believing in dreams. And that's all. Luffy has corage and BB is a coward (like it was shown against WB), Luffy always faces his enemy face to face and BB sneaks and strikes only when he knows that he will surely win. Luffy is a type of a guy who will help weak persons and BB is a guy who will crush everyone if he wants or needs it.
They are completely different.

beastboy
October 11, 2010, 07:07 AM
I think they compliment each other...
At least in a banquet... one drinks the juice, and the other the pies, nothing left :D

They booth know that their nakama's are important, only that BB finds that there are reasons to kill them...

They have their similarity's and their differences but I just think they all have cool lines, their fight will have so many big lines that it will increase my fav quote list by 50!