PDA

View Full Version : The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

MangaHelpers
October 11, 2010, 11:09 AM
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is 6481

Previous Poll Ressults:
Who you think will join next? (Fishman Arc)
Other/None-----------------------------------------59 (42.75%)
Den----------------------------------------------------4 (2.90%)
Fukaboshi--------------------------------------------5 (3.62%)
Hody Jones------------------------------------------6 (4.35%)
Hyouzou----------------------------------------------6 (4.35%)
Jinbei--------------------------------------------------59 (42.75%)
Shirahoshi--------------------------------------------17 (12.32%)
Vander Decken IX---------------------------------2 (1.45%)

How many crew members will Luffy's crew have when all is said and done?
10, Luffy included-------------------------------------49 (15.71%)
11, Luffy and 10 mates-----------------------------167 (53.53%)
More then 11-------------------------------------------76 (24.36%)
No new members-------------------------------------20 (6.41%)

Will Jinbei join in the future? There will another new nakama? (Voters 100)
Yes, He will Join and there will be another nakama!--------------74.00%
No, He wont join but there will be another nakama--------------16.00%
Yes, He will join but there wont be a new nakama---------------8.00%
No, He wont join and there wont be a new nakama-------------2.00%

waldo
since Brooke is an official Strawhat pirate, who do you think will be the next Mugiwara?

:p :tem :smile-big :) :darn

:blink

have fun!

Black Lagoon
Her ability is really good and usefull + she's funny and kinda has the Strawhats style
Mihawk won't be always at home ... she'll probably be bored and leave so she has a chance.

chess4
October 11, 2010, 11:18 AM
Her ability is really good and usefull + she's funny and kinda has the Strawhats still
Mihawk won't be always at home ... she'll probably be bored and leave so she has a chance.

she likes cute animals and bossing people around. i think she will become the boss of the fighting baboons and lead them.

i dont anyone from the strawhats "training island" will join the crew. it would ruin the reunion to throw a previous known character in the mix at this point. i just think everyone that had helped the strawhats out, will be allies for them.

fishman karate is so interesting

Black Lagoon
October 11, 2010, 11:48 AM
Yes it's ... but according to this link (http://www.apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1917743&postcount=14) there will be two new members.
One could be the fishman and the other one could be Perona even if it's very unlikely :)

BlackSword
October 11, 2010, 12:07 PM
Yes it's ... but according to this link (http://www.apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1917743&postcount=14) there will be two new members.
One could be the fishman and the other one could be Perona even if it's very unlikely :)

It has been stated on several occasions that the youtube video revealing a new crew member is no directly connected to One Piece... It is for the TVshow only... Proof of that should be the fact that the crew in that picture already has 10 members and the '11th' is the New Character to join that TV show not the Strawhat crew.

Quote from Akainu previous thread...

Just to let you know, there's been some chit-chat going on about a new crew member due to a present Oda made for a TV show. Essentially, what you see when you go to look at the picture and/or video is, that Oda drew a coloured picture for the show, which searches for a new host kind of thing and does auditions in four japanese cities.
That also means, that this colourspread, while having a One Piece theme, is not related to One Piece and thus the "new" member on there is only for the show and not for the manga.
so while there might be a new nakama at some point, it doesn't have to do with this

Jorge D. Dragon
October 11, 2010, 12:10 PM
I hope it won't be Perona, though it would be interesting in some way. Though it would be a bit too powerful addition for the crew, because her ability is rather hax.
About fishman... it would be great to see a fishman who is flying fish. It would be funny and also very useful for the crew. Because they will be able to dominate sea and air.

Junaid_Sennin
October 11, 2010, 12:56 PM
I don't mind if Perona, or even Hancock joins the crew. I'm almost certain that she won't, but her love-sickness is a good excuse, should Oda-sensei decide to make her a Straw Hat. Otherwise, he could just have the Kuja Pirates sail with the Straw Hats on their adventures as allies. They would occasionally have to return to Amazon Lily with supplies and stuff, but that's ok.

But I wouldn't mind if Perona joins the Straw Hats. I've never really liked her much, but nor have I disliked her. Her Negative Hollows are useful and pretty powerful too.

I also like the idea of Jinbei joining, but as with Hancock, see it as almost certainly not going to happen. Still, I'd be happy if it did.

zelllogan
October 11, 2010, 01:10 PM
I would like to know why so many people want Jinbei to join. (I mean it , I really want to know).
Sure, Jinbei is strong but there is no "strawhat" aspect about him. He is so serious, so boring, so ... common. The only original thing about him is that he is a fishman.

Jammin
October 11, 2010, 03:19 PM
Well, i don't presume to speak for anybody apart from myself but i see Jimbei as someone who could potentially bring some experience into to the crew. He certainly isn't going to be goofy like Usopp, Luffy, Franky, Chopper, Sanji, Brook, and occasionally Nami but he could serve as the straight man in the various comedy routines like Zoro often does.

To be honest i'm not nearly as enamored of fishman karate as some fans seem to be, but if they do get a fishman karate user he seems like just about the best option around. It seems like anybody else would just be a step down from the "Knight of the Sea".

---------------

I think Hancock is not going to be joining at this point. That ship has sailed unless she decides to stalk him across the seas(which would not be out of character for her)

As much as i love Boa and wish she had joined, i think i'm actually more interested in Jewelry Bonney right now anyway, even though that one also seems like a huge longshot.

normax
October 11, 2010, 03:23 PM
Does anyone see the next to join the strawhat maybe as an apprentice just like buggy and shanks in Rogers crew?

narengan
October 11, 2010, 03:28 PM
Does anyone see the next to join the strawhat maybe as an apprentice just like buggy and shanks in Rogers crew?

jinbei would be awesome, a fishman would definitely fit to them. they have enough DF user, and they will meet jinbei on FI that's for sure. so why not, and if it's not jinbei perhaps another fishman ;)

Downanime00
October 11, 2010, 03:32 PM
jinbei would be awesome, a fishman would definitely fit to them. they have enough DF user, and they will meet jinbei on FI that's for sure. so why not, and if it's not jinbei perhaps another fishman ;)

I agree with you that fishman/mermaid is definitely a good idea. They need someone to help the DF user when they fall in the water. What if Luffy accidentally fall in the water in a huge storm? Only a fishman/mermaid would be fast and strong enough to save him.

fistsofrage
October 11, 2010, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the next crew member. Oda's gonna make a masterpiece out of that one, and i doubt he would introduce the new crew member so soon into the second half of one piece.

luffyq1
October 11, 2010, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the next crew member. Oda's gonna make a masterpiece out of that one, and i doubt he would introduce the new crew member so soon into the second half of one piece.

I hope the next crew member is a Logia type devil fruit user, that would be pretty cool. :D

fistsofrage
October 11, 2010, 03:44 PM
I hope the next crew member is a Logia type devil fruit user, that would be pretty cool. :D

I think logia's have been over done. I'm not saying that logia's aren't awesome, but if the strawhats started adding logia's or becoming logia's it would seem as though they were buying into the marines idea that logia equals ultimate power (ex. admirals) and I'd rather they got other devil fruit powers that were more interesting than nature powers.

Me2Ecchi
October 11, 2010, 03:45 PM

i would prefer if it was jimbei apprentice or some fishman from jimbei dojo. Would be nice to see someone new with jimbei karate fish skills

Uriel
October 11, 2010, 03:45 PM
Now that we're in a new thread...Could we change the poll? I really hate this one.

And well, as I said before i?ve high hopes for a Fishman Island dude. If not, I want Jewerly Bonney in. I think She also has some chances to join due her personality and previous interactions (More than Perona and Hancok, if you ask me)

chess4
October 11, 2010, 03:48 PM
Well, i don't presume to speak for anybody apart from myself but i see Jimbei as someone who could potentially bring some experience into to the crew. He certainly isn't going to be goofy like Usopp, Luffy, Franky, Chopper, Sanji, Brook, and occasionally Nami but he could serve as the straight man in the various comedy routines like Zoro often does.

To be honest i'm not nearly as enamored of fishman karate as some fans seem to be, but if they do get a fishman karate user he seems like just about the best option around. It seems like anybody else would just be a step down from the "Knight of the Sea".

---------------

I think Hancock is not going to be joining at this point. That ship has sailed unless she decides to stalk him across the seas(which would not be out of character for her)

As much as i love Boa and wish she had joined, i think i'm actually more interested in Jewelry Bonney right now anyway, even though that one also seems like a huge longshot.

luffy is a step down from shanks, zoro is a stwp down from mihawk, sanji is a step down from ivankov, usopp is a step down from yassop, frankie is a step down from kuma, and so on.

the thing is the strawhats have so much more room to grow even after the skip. jinbei is 2 much of a veteran to join the crew. he has been to the new world several times and knows what its like. with him there, it would take away from the aventure because he would know a lot thats going on.

they need someone who is green like them, that doesnt know anything about the new world.

DARK
October 11, 2010, 03:52 PM
I still believe that a fishman (or possibly even a mermaid) is highly likely for this crew.

The Straw Hats are going to Fishman Island at some point of their journey (it is the pathway to the New World).

Jammin
October 11, 2010, 04:11 PM
luffy is a step down from shanks, zoro is a stwp down from mihawk, sanji is a step down from ivankov, usopp is a step down from yassop, frankie is a step down from kuma, and so on.

the thing is the strawhats have so much more room to grow even after the skip. jinbei is 2 much of a veteran to join the crew. he has been to the new world several times and knows what its like. with him there, it would take away from the aventure because he would know a lot thats going on.

they need someone who is green like them, that doesnt know anything about the new world.The strawhats are no longer "green". Not even close. They just spent 2 years getting strong enough to go forward. That is not likely to happen again.

Nobody "green" has joined since Chopper. Everybody who joined since him has had well developed skills before joining the crew(Brook was even a pirate captain). Then they all had a timeskip to bring their potential along even further. Anybody who joins now is going to have to be strong enough to stand with the best without the benefit of timeskips.

chess4
October 11, 2010, 04:12 PM
I still believe that a fishman (or possibly even a mermaid) is highly likely for this crew.

The Straw Hats are going to Fishman Island at some point of their journey (it is the pathway to the New World).

im not sexist, but its going to sound like it. i cant see another female joining. excluding the kuja pirates, we have not seen more than 2 females in a crew and i dont think that will change. robin and nami are enough.

frankie is now the tallest member of the crew. brook is 8'8", and chopper is a bout the size frankie use to be and he was 7'4" before the skip. i think they need another big guy. since most of the fishman we have seen are pretty big guys.

h

Deo_df
October 11, 2010, 06:28 PM
I wonder if Jimbei or Fisher Tiger had a son? A Fishman that wants to be the strongest Fishman in the world, hot tempered, strong and always bites off more than he can chew. He can be the lifeguard for the df users. Gets onto the crew as a special request from Jimbei to Luffy...

I've always loved the idea of Perona joining, she seems to get on with Zoro well, her fruit is unique and potentially powerful. I don't see it being overpowered as I doubt it would affect Haki users too well. She is also a great souvenir from the Thriller Bark arc, though they already got Brook from that arc. I guess if she is not on SA then she wont become part of the crew, however I would never write off the idea of her joining the crew at later stage especially if there is a Kaidou arc.

chess4
October 11, 2010, 07:37 PM
The strawhats are no longer "green". Not even close. They just spent 2 years getting strong enough to go forward. That is not likely to happen again.

Nobody "green" has joined since Chopper. Everybody who joined since him has had well developed skills before joining the crew(Brook was even a pirate captain). Then they all had a timeskip to bring their potential along even further. Anybody who joins now is going to have to be strong enough to stand with the best without the benefit of timeskips.

when i say green, i mean green to the new world.

BlindMunkey
October 11, 2010, 09:41 PM
The strawhats are no longer "green". Not even close. They just spent 2 years getting strong enough to go forward. That is not likely to happen again.

yeah that is a given. besides alotta of us believe the next crew will be from NW so he will be strong enough to stand his ground.

@ chess4 no doubt i also believe it will be a male instead of female new crew addition.

an idea of that someone being recommended by jimbei isnt half bad. i just wonder where he will fit in the crew. i dont suppose monster trio will be disturbed and i also believe franky is fairly strong now to be just a support. it will be interesting how ODA fits in the new member.

P.S. off topic with ussop's new weapon he can easily give footing on water to someone like luffy and etc.

nanoclarkology
October 11, 2010, 10:18 PM
Ok, we all agree that Jinbei is going to be waiting for him on FI. Is there any that disagree?
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/98271344/9

I personally believe that a daughter/son of Jinbei is going to join the SH. It is his way of helping Luffy survive in the future. Maybe they will have some kind of telepathy with Jinbei. ( That would be interesting.)

I also have this sneaky suspicion that a friend in the name of Sabo is going to be coming back.

Jorge D. Dragon
October 12, 2010, 01:44 AM
It would be pretty interesting to see Jimbei's son, but also there are plenty of different possibilities among the fishman as there are many types of fish.
It would be interesting to see Sabo, maybe even in the crew. But in fact I think he is dead or is in RA. Though it won't be bad to see him in the crew.
About Jewerly Boney... it would be really funny, cause her DF ability is not only unique, but also rather funny as it is. It's not strong, but it's rather SH. Her character is just like Zoro's. So they will feat each other well;)

Izznoogood
October 12, 2010, 08:06 AM
A new crewmate with a twist, that they have been sent to the SH to sell em out to the Navy,one of the unknown piratelords perhaps? You know, its good story ^^^

And as i have seen the recruting of Luffy to be a pirateship station, as the other members have now. Insted of characters we allready know, what does the SH`s need to thier crew is what im thinking about, and i really dont see it at this point in time :P

A bustboy perhaps, hehe. But really i dont see a new SH. I se a crap load of allies, and the SH perhaps fight a whole arch beside another cew, etc.

Uriel
October 12, 2010, 09:28 AM
About Jewerly Boney... it would be really funny, cause her DF ability is not only unique, but also rather funny as it is. It's not strong, but it's rather SH. Her character is just like Zoro's. So they will feat each other well;)
Well...She's quite strong if you ask me. The highest female bounty and a supernova, captain of a crew that passed trough Grand Line until they reached Shabondy.

Ravis
October 12, 2010, 11:34 AM
I hope it won't be Perona, though it would be interesting in some way. Though it would be a bit too powerful addition for the crew, because her ability is rather hax.
About fishman... it would be great to see a fishman who is flying fish. It would be funny and also very useful for the crew. Because they will be able to dominate sea and air.

Well in Perona's defense, Luffy can currently blink and wipe-out an entire crew. I think her ability could be looked at differently after the 2 year brake.

That said, if she did show up on SA it wouldn't be till after Zoro was introduced. If Zoro brought her she would be after him, that's sort of how stories are normally told.

Though I want her to join, I think she'll stay with the monkeys. The only thing missing from her "dream" was having servants, and with them shell have them. She would have to leave her dream to join a bunch of people she doesn't know.

zelllogan
October 12, 2010, 12:19 PM
If the next one is a fishman, I want a fishman who ate a devil fruit & is now unable to swim.

RezzieThaRapper
October 12, 2010, 01:02 PM
How about the crew get a gardener... not just that, an Ecologist... someone who loves nature...

Possibilities on look 1: Could be "Hippie Based" with sunglasses, tie-die, the constant statements on "love and peace" (maybe smoke a little mary jane, lol jk)

Possibilities on look 2: A female based off of "Poison Ivy" from Batman (Sanji would die)

Possibilities on look 3: A relatively normal looking person with no out-worldly noticeable traits until the battle begins

---I've had hopes for a gardner since I saw the the Sunny at Water 7...---

Now POSSIBLE ABILITIES:

Since Usopp now has pop greens, I steered away from man eating plants, and things close of that nature. I thought of a Devil Fruit that "mutates" a person into a thorny looking plant person. With a kind of invincibility due to rapid regrowth, and the ability to accelerate of decelerate plant growth on contact or even mentally.

I don't know if this would be classified as a Zoan, Parmecia, or Logia though.

Another possible ability is that he/she has mental empathy with plants, and can communicate with them. And would have a seperate fighting style to compliment his/her job. (Like a fighting style that can't damage the land, especially compared to The monster trio's or anybody else in the crew sans Robin..)

================================================

Another one I've been hoping for is a miner for a crew mate... and he'd be a guy, but with the unique trait of having the most beautiful face that inexplicably remains beautiful throughout nearly any situation... And for comedy effects he is oblivious to his own beauty.

His village or city would run a seastone mine for the goverment, and the miners there have to be suffieciently strong enough to constantly wield off new world pirates. And for some reason I want him to hate either Shanks or Dragon(I don't know why, maybe because it would be good story wise)

His fighting style would be boxing, and his dream would be to become the greatest champion of the world.

And he'd be the only miner to dig without using the Pick-Axes, and instead opts on using his barehands to mine... and that despite his unbelievebly pretty face, he have scarred hands and arms. But those same arms are his greatest weapons. But when he isn't fighting seriously he wears long sleeve shirts and a pair of gloves or mittens.

If neither of those, then a Pre-Teen FishBoy, who is a laughing stock because he never learned how to swim, and after the SH's show up, Jinbei gives them a present containing a DF, and sometime after the FishBoy finds it and eats it without knowing what it does.

This will give a direct parallel to a younger Luffy, who had the same exact problems, and Luffy takes him under his wing as their Cabin Boy.

And just because he can't swim doesn't mean he can't breath under water, so he can go under water, but he can't float or swim, he can walk on the ocean floor no problem, but, he can't fight at full compacity under water because Devil Fruit users get weaker underwater.

Those are my three suggestions, love them or hate them, lol... feed back will be much appreciated.

MaiSiaoSiao
October 12, 2010, 08:33 PM
If the next one is a fishman, I want a fishman who ate a devil fruit & is now unable to swim.

Thought unable to swim but he"ll survive underwater.Fishman have gills so that"ll let then breathe underwater.But it would be pathetic that a fishman cant swim in the water eh.So i dont think that a fishman would be dumb enough to eat a DF and render himself helpless in water when he's suppose to thrive in water..

THM Nindo
October 12, 2010, 09:16 PM
Thought unable to swim but he"ll survive underwater.Fishman have gills so that"ll let then breathe underwater.But it would be pathetic that a fishman cant swim in the water eh.So i dont think that a fishman would be dumb enough to eat a DF and render himself helpless in water when he's suppose to thrive in water..

I actually brought that idea too a few pages ago.

We all know that every strawhat needs a heartbreaking stories... and what could be more terrible for a fishman to lose their ability to swim!!

I think it would fit well into the story.
And I know exactly what could be his role in the crew...

I would want him (actually, I'll prefer if it's a mermaid, than a fishman but whatever) to be a scientist...
Since he ate that DF, he/she could have been studying the DF properties and could therefore explain a lot of things to the Strawhat (and to us by the same time).

We could learn stuff like :
- Why can't we eat 2 DF?
- Why can BB do it?
- How come once one DF-user dies, the DF reappear somewhere else?
- etc.

Its goal would be to get rid of the DF to get back its ability to swim...

As for the DF he would have eat, I really don't mind anything, but a logia-type would be interesting, I guess.

MaiSiaoSiao
October 13, 2010, 04:23 AM
I actually brought that idea too a few pages ago.

We all know that every strawhat needs a heartbreaking stories... and what could be more terrible for a fishman to lose their ability to swim!!

I think it would fit well into the story.
And I know exactly what could be his role in the crew...

I would want him (actually, I'll prefer if it's a mermaid, than a fishman but whatever) to be a scientist...
Since he ate that DF, he/she could have been studying the DF properties and could therefore explain a lot of things to the Strawhat (and to us by the same time).

We could learn stuff like :
- Why can't we eat 2 DF?
- Why can BB do it?
- etc.

Its goal would be to get rid of the DF to get back its ability to swim...

As for the DF he would have eat, I really don't mind anything, but a logia-type would be interesting, I guess.

That would be nice knowing more bout DF other then the powers they give..

St Michael
October 13, 2010, 04:32 AM
I completely agree with your idea. Minus the logia thing. It would be even better (and heart breaking :p) if he has lost the ability to swim for a crappy DF.

Dice
October 13, 2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe for the ability to breath underwater. That would be ironic in so many ways (and really a crappy DF :D)

chess4
October 14, 2010, 01:24 AM
Since the strawhats are about to ship off....I think that pretty much kills the perona, hancock, and maugerite arguement. Jinbei is still a possibilty, but I feel its the same as hancock situation.

So as of now I say a new charcter or a very outside chance that sabo is alive and wants to tag alone.

RezzieThaRapper
October 17, 2010, 11:05 AM
I've been hearing alot about Bonney... she honestly sounds like a good canidate...

But like what I posted above I'd like one of these also

A Hippie Gardner/Ecologist who is all like Peace & Love

A Miner/Boxer who is oblivious to his ironic handsomeness

A Ten Year Old FishBoy who couldn't swim already and then ate a DF and couldn't swim permanently and he could be the cabin boy (This could be a parallel to Luffy and Shanks)
[hr]
I also think our old friend Crocodile would be a good addition to the crew LATER in the journey

Black Lagoon
October 17, 2010, 11:16 AM
Sorry Black Lagoon, but could I get a source link for this? :)

It's the first time I've ever heard of Kuma being a candidate for a Strawhat pirate, so I'm pretty intrigued ;)

Here (http://www.apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1769445&postcount=227)

SBS's Pic (http://www.apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1773974&postcount=298)s

summary (http://www.apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1777147&postcount=318)

BTW : According to this (http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/GreatLiver/FishNakama.png) it looks like it's kinda confirmed that the next is gonna be a fish

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/GreatLiver/FishNakama.png
[hr]

Sorry Black Lagoon, but could I get a source link for this? :)

It's the first time I've ever heard of Kuma being a candidate for a Strawhat pirate, so I'm pretty intrigued ;)

Here (http://www.apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1769445&postcount=227)

SBS's Pic (http://www.apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1773974&postcount=298)s

summary (http://www.apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1777147&postcount=318)

BTW : According to this (http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/GreatLiver/FishNakama.png) it looks like it's kinda confirmed that the next is gonna be a fish

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/GreatLiver/FishNakama.png

Vagaboons
October 17, 2010, 11:23 AM
lol,,i doubt this is true.....xD
Where zoro in there?:S
The only possible person in there is that spike one,but in no way ressemble him.
Also,a mermaid with a fish head+a hat.I cant imagine that. :L
I would be dissapointed if they someone like this.I would rather have Hatchan.

Akainu
October 17, 2010, 11:30 AM
actually the fish is none other than Oda, it's kinda like his avatar in the table of contents of jump and he also wore it as an actual mask on one of the jump festa appearances he's had.
that naturally doesn't rule out a fishman, I wouldn't bet on it because of this though - especially on the look x_x

see the picture here (http://de.onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Eiichiro_Oda) for reference; [the article and description is sadly in german so most of oyu won't be able to read it]

Vagaboons
October 17, 2010, 11:48 AM
looks its this guy we are talking about:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090909102946/onepiece/images/6/6c/Nuke.JPG

xD....Small hat with a fish head.

Niirouge
October 17, 2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah, the fish is apparently supposed to be Oda... LOL!

He was asked in that SBS to draw what's inside the crew's head and his, and well, since we can recognise the rest of the strawhat's silhouette, that leaves Oda to be the fish thing... ;)

A little off-side:

Thanks for the link to the apforum post as well!
Some of the questions were really hilarious *laughs*

Bobbina
October 17, 2010, 09:05 PM
In the first ever chapter, Luffy said he wanted 10 crewmates. And, i would believe that the new crewmate (if there is one, and there probably is,) would have something special to do (for example, Luffy=captain, Nami=Navigator, Sanji=cook, Zoro isnt that special, but luffy said he wanted a swordsman AND Zoro is a strong support when Luffy's absent, he takes over, like with Oars. He probably is counted as vice-captain or right-hand man.) There was this fake spoiler around, saying that Luffy would get a fishman that actually drove the ship, whereas Nami was just finding where to go. This idea is quite possible, but i think it would not happen, accounting Oda's efforts to distinguish Nami and such
[hr]
And i don't believe Bonney nor Crocodile will join. Nor Hancock or Perona. Firstly, Bonney is a captain, and i don't think captains would join Luffy. Secondly, Croc would have to be altered WAY to much to join Luffy's crew. Thirdly, Hancock is also a captain and she is a princess, so her duty is to her island, and must either command or help defend/attack enemies for supplies. Lastly, Perona just doesn't seem right. She ( i think) will help them in the future, (like Boa) and probably has befriended Zoro
[hr]
"We could learn stuff like :
- Why can't we eat 2 DF?
- Why can BB do it?
- etc."
Blueno explains (i forgot the chapter) that if one person eats 2 DFs, then the DFs would fight, and kill the person. (which probably just means that the DFs would go wild and kill the person) BB didn't actually eat 2 DFs. He used his Darkness/gravity powers to absorb Whitebeard's. I agree, we probably will learn more about why, but for now, lets leave it at that. No one said that one one person dies, the DF appears elsewhere. When WB died, his DF power was still in him. I THINK that ur thinking about Thatch, and that BB killed him and stole his DF. Thatch didn't actually eat the DF, he found it, but BB killed him before he ate it.

Fox666
October 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
Actually Brook was a captain.

Zoro is the swordman. Or at least for One Piece world there are pirate posts like "swordman" or "sniper". He was never referred as First Mate in the manga.

Because of that I feel that someone stronger than Zoro or Sanji would eventually...

Blueno explains (i forgot the chapter) that if one person eats 2 DFs, then the DFs would fight, and kill the person. (which probably just means that the DFs would go wild and kill the person) BB didn't actually eat 2 DFs. He used his Darkness/gravity powers to absorb Whitebeard's. I agree, we probably will learn more about why, but for now, lets leave it at that. No one said that one one person dies, the DF appears elsewhere. When WB died, his DF power was still in him. I THINK that ur thinking about Thatch, and that BB killed him and stole his DF. Thatch didn't actually eat the DF, he found it, but BB killed him before he ate it.We don't know yet how Devil Fruits reappers somewere else in the world, but at least we know they do.

There is a anime filler scene that show a Devil Fruit coming from the deep of the ocean to the surface. While it's just a filler scene, I think that's quite accurate, and would explain the "sea mitology" that surround the Devil Fruits.

Either way, I agree when you say that Blackbeard used the Yami Yami no Mi to absorb the Gura Gura no Mi from Whitebeard's body.

THM Nindo
October 17, 2010, 09:31 PM
No one said that one one person dies, the DF appears elsewhere. When WB died, his DF power was still in him. I THINK that ur thinking about Thatch, and that BB killed him and stole his DF. Thatch didn't actually eat the DF, he found it, but BB killed him before he ate it.

Not true.
We know, by Oda, that when someone dies, his DF reappear somewhere in the world...

So, for example, somewhere right now, the Fire DF that Ace had has reappear...

All of those info are not in the manga right now and the characters have no idea about this (same for the readers if they don't read the Q&A), so it has to be told by someone at some point.

And I think it could be by a fishman who ate a DF and is studying them so that he can understand them and find a way to nullify them, so that he can start swimming again.

Oni Giri
October 18, 2010, 03:45 AM
i don't like the DF user fishman idea but if you insist on a fishman who ate a DF, it'd be cool only if his DF alllows him to fly. a fish who can't swim but fly... what's more funny than that?

SpecterJ201988
October 18, 2010, 01:24 PM
Its hard to theorize about the next crew member without having herd the exact quote from Oda, I don't thing that Arlong or Enel will fit the bill. if its a fish-man then it will probably be Hachi, and Enel would never serve under another. The big question is have the strawhats currently defeated the new member. A defected Smoker or a restored Kuma would be great.

tothx
October 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
Its hard to theorize about the next crew member without having herd the exact quote from Oda, I don't thing that Arlong or Enel will fit the bill. if its a fish-man then it will probably be Hachi, and Enel would never serve under another. The big question is have the strawhats currently defeated the new member. A defected Smoker or a restored Kuma would be great.

New crew member could be just about anyone, but i think it will be a girl. Perhaps even a mermaid, or a marine? Though Smoker is an arch enemy for Luffy, he sees Luff as a serious threat to the world peace. And seems to be a bit Garpish aswell, I think he might do as Garp did and stay in a VA position while Coby becomes an admiral in the end.

Kuma on the other hand is a cyborg like franky, we wont get 2 of those but maybe he comes back to the revolutionary army. Hoping so

Moria I dont like, and he still has a crew of his own that wants him back. I dont think we'll get somebody not well liked and lets just face it, the moria arc was not Odas masterpeice

uglymonkey
October 18, 2010, 01:50 PM
I like the idea of a new strawhat being a previous boss, and just for the record characters like hachi and perona are lackeys not bosses. That said, I've been thinking for a while now that it would be cool if Aokiji would join the strawhats. Now this would have to be much further down the road when the current strawhats have gotten a little stronger and developed their haki so he wouldn't be totally overpowered anymore, of course. BUT, he's been pretty much the only boss who hasn't really tried to harm the strawhats (and he saved robin in the past and let the strawhats escape several times already) and it would set them up for greatness; I mean stealing a former admiral? They'd be totally famous, and feared, for that and it would set them up as contenders with the yonkou.

Anyway, this is only really plausible if a new crew member comes from past characters, and or bosses, tho it seems like Oda prefers to introduce fresh new characters. Oh yeah there's always smoker i guess but between the two Aokiji would fit the strawhats better what with his lazy, sleeping all day, attitude and what not. So for what it's worth, I hope this rumor turns out to be true.

Geez
October 18, 2010, 02:00 PM
It seems quite unlikely but, if the next crew mate is a fishman/mermaid there's a possibility that the mermaid princess (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-497/page010.html) may join the SH in their adventure.

Unlikely because, a story with a princess already occurred with Vivi... yet she's the only fish character mentioned but unseen. I would really love her joining in just to see sanji's reactions lol

So... next crewmate or just regular story character ?

VashDaStampede
October 18, 2010, 02:11 PM
I think the strawhats next Nakama will be a Fishman. I'm not sure what his special quirk or ability will be though. The crew seems pretty well rounded as it is. This might be the last crew member. Maybe he'll be a genius when it comes to battles or something. Or he'll be the creator of Fishman Kung fu (NOT the Fishman Karate that Jimbei does). :)

Wow, I think I've convinced myself that the next Nakama will definitely be the last.

Haynes
October 18, 2010, 04:01 PM
I think the next crew member will be a brand new character, currently it seems a Fishman is the prime candidate. There's been talk about a Fishman who has eaten a devil fruit. Personally I think it's a great idea and maybe Chopper has developed a medicine that nulls the devil fruits power and allows the person/fish to swim for a few minutes or something, similar to the rumble balls.

However, I think with Luffy we're gonna see an alliance of Pirates, similar to that of Whitebeard. Boa has allied her crew with Luffy. I like the idea of Perona becoming the boss of the apes/monkeys, maybe she will go out to sea and ally herself with the Straw Hats because of Zoro. Jimbei has allied with Luffy and will probably stay at Fishman Island to protect it in Luffy's name. Iva will probably also follow suit and ally with Luffy because he's Dragon's Son and because of Sanji. So those people are probably out of the question to be new crew mates.

deffkryz
October 18, 2010, 04:03 PM
Maybe this will stop the off topic in the Ch.600 thread? About the "2929":

There's some weird looking text with a theorie in the SBS of chapter 583. I don't really get the introduction but the reader (pen name "Shankus Love") brings up a theory which seems to me as if Shankus Love listed up all DF users and counted the katakana somehow like this:

Luffy -> GO.MU.GO.MU -> 5.6.5.6
Chopper -> HI.TO.HI.TO -> 1.10.1.10
Robin -> HA.NA.HA.NA -> 8.7.8.7
Brook -> YO.MI.YO.MI -> 4.3.4.3

And then he looked up which numbers weren't within the sequence of numbers from 1 to 10 (as I said, I don't get the introduction, so I guess he's referring to the crewmembers) and finds 2 and 9 missing. Read in Japanese "2" is "ni" (like in "nitouryuu" <-> "two swords style") while "9" is "kyuu" (like in "kyuutouryuu" <-> "nine swords style"). So he mixes them up and comes to the conclusion that only a "nikyu nikyu no mi" user will become the next nakama... so he guesses it's Kuma.

But Oda only seems to fool around and starts his "funny acting"... You know, whenever he acts like that ideas and theories by fans are pretty much unlikely - otherwise Whitebeard would hide bananas in his beard and be able to take it off his face to use it as boomerang to play with his little dog "Stephane" (taken from Vol. 58 SBS).

So the answer to the question if Kuma joins the Mugiwara Kaizoku-dan, I would rather reply by "no".

If someone wants to translate it:

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8097/ch583sbsjpg.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/ch583sbsjpg.jpg/)

Bhoot
October 19, 2010, 11:12 AM
i dunno where i said it b4 , but i really think that SH need a blacksmith . I mean he could help Franky and maybe even Ussop and ofcourse he will help Zolo in various stuff . He might even make a sword onpower / even stronger than the 12 highest grade swords .

Then they also need a helmsman .... seriously its like anyone who knows nothing is driving the ship [but then again in most famous pirate movies , thats the captains job , but Luffy isnt really that type of a captain]

Bobbina
October 19, 2010, 08:50 PM
Oh sorry, i dont watch the anime. heheh....... oh and THM Nindo, i love being proved wrong, but can u tell me exactly where it is said that the DF appears again? i would love to know XD
[hr]
Oh and the fillers are many of the times, made by the anime ppl, not by the author itself. At least thats true for some animes

THM Nindo
October 19, 2010, 09:14 PM
oh and THM Nindo, i love being proved wrong, but can u tell me exactly where it is said that the DF appears again? i would love to know

SBS Volume 48
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_48

Here's a direct quote of the volume:

D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu Fruit was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME." How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually.

So... maybe that professor that they will meet will be the fishman that will join the crew that I've been talking about! :tem

Bobbina
October 20, 2010, 05:29 PM
OOO, ic XD thx. I thought it was in the Actual MANGA. I read manga online so sadly enough, I cant see these thing :O

Jdapenao
October 20, 2010, 10:33 PM
So... maybe that professor that they will meet will be the fishman that will join the crew that I've been talking about! :tem

The professor is Vegapunk...
[hr]
A female fishman, without any DF power and also not Caimie and not merfolk....
I already said that the job could be as a hunter, for getting food in open ocean (seeing on how many times this has been a problem for the crew, I think it would be a very useful character) also to have some control of Fishman Karate with the ability to control water to a certain degree as Jimbei, this will provide the group with another crewmemeber with means to attack Logia users (the other one being Luffy as we dont not yet about any other member using Haki for certain).

I dont really see a fishman eating a DF voluntarily, why would they sacrifice not been able to go to the sea ever again for a power, it kinds of takes away their identity.

Also someone commented about a DF that can control7become water, but I would be almost positive that this DF does not exist, simply because it would go against the principle of standing water being DF users weakness (if you become water then you dieeeee....... is kind of suicidal, "he drowned in hymself")

RezzieThaRapper
October 20, 2010, 11:58 PM
I'm telling you guys... A young Fish-Boy who "already" can't swim and is made fun of a lot... and each day he tries to swim but fails...

He could have an appetite like Luffy and accidentally eat a Devil's Fruit exactly how Luffy did, Luffy could be reminded of his childhood and would take him in as a pirate apprentice

Or my other two suggestions: Gardner or Miner

skullshuriken734
October 25, 2010, 04:48 PM
i always kinda figured chopper as the apprentice, he is the child of the crew so to speak
loves cotton candy is the youngest and so many more reasons lead me to this conclusion

an engineer or scientist seems a bit ....unecessary with Cyborg franky as the shipwright and so on...

i see a fisherman fishman (whose dream is to catch a legendary beast) and an exmarine in the future (who seeks true justice because he saw the work of the Ohara buster call or some other blight of the WG)

kulugo
October 25, 2010, 05:10 PM
i think Oda had already hinted of a new shipwright. forgot which chapter but it was Rayleigh teaching Nami how to steer a boat with a coat on..

petator
October 25, 2010, 05:47 PM
i would say that the new nakama will be a mermaid / fishman, they are just going to that island now... they surely need a merman/mermaid in the crew, its a must. i think that luffy's crew also need a new scientist, not franky type, but more of like "chemical mad" scientist XD

Bobbina
October 25, 2010, 05:56 PM
I like Skullshuriken's idea. An ex-marine, or a fisherman fishman. The problem is that i dont think they would add another crewmate so early in the second half. Dunno maybe. Dont think a scientist of any kind.

Doomchen
October 26, 2010, 11:30 AM
I like Skullshuriken's idea. An ex-marine, or a fisherman fishman. The problem is that i dont think they would add another crewmate so early in the second half. Dunno maybe. Dont think a scientist of any kind.

Do fishmen catch and eat fish? Does One Piece favor the cannibals? I can see a fishman joining, just not a fishman fisher :eyeroll

Oni Giri
October 26, 2010, 01:33 PM
Do fishmen catch and eat fish? Does One Piece favor the cannibals? I can see a fishman joining, just not a fishman fisher :eyeroll

the big fish eat the little ones :) so there's nothing wrong with that. besides they're mostly shark types. even hatchan sells takoyaki, a food made of octopus

Doomchen
October 26, 2010, 04:46 PM
the big fish eat the little ones :) so there's nothing wrong with that. besides they're mostly shark types. even hatchan sells takoyaki, a food made of octopus

damn that's a good point, totally forgot about that :D
Still, would a fishman fisherman really have to fish? I mean like with a pole and stuff, he'd just catch them up from behind. Well, nevermind :D

Bobbina
October 26, 2010, 06:07 PM
Yeah that's true. Doom, i hear what your saying, but maybe its for fun, or they dont actually EAT the fish. Like the guy before me. Uh......... Oh right Skull shuriken. Maybe a dream to catch the legendary beast or something. Or possibly the fishman or fishwoman's home was destroyed by this beast and the fishman or fishwoman's ambition is to kill or defeat it. And it's possible that this beast is in All Blue or at least at Raftel or somewhere near the end so their dreams are tied together. This'll work and then maybe when the fishman (OR FISHWOMAN!) gets the chance to kill and have revenge on the beast, he forgives and doesn't kill him, something corny and meaningful like that. And then the SH's watch and smile :)

kulugo
October 26, 2010, 06:22 PM
maybe they eat fish, or octopus. remember hachan selling takoyaki? do you know what's in takoyaki?
- disregard this post, someone beat me to it.

chess4
October 27, 2010, 02:09 PM
Remember you heard it first people......the last 2 crew members will be chimneys father and sabo

Oni Giri
October 27, 2010, 03:11 PM
Remember you heard it first people......the last 2 crew members will be chimneys father and sabo

sabo wanted to be the captain of his own crew. so i don't think he will become a straw hat. as for chimney's father, i recall he was just 1/2 mermaid so i don't think he's got anything special but if he is a fun character like chimney, why not?

chess4
October 27, 2010, 03:23 PM
Every since the 1st appearanc of ace I thought his tatoo was just a mistake but the s crossed out is actually sabo's flag. Oda has sabo in mind since the beginning. Also why would oda create sabo. If u thinl about luffys flashback, it would been just fine with he and ace. Oda created the whole sabo backstory for a reason. If sabo were dead why didn't oda show his eyes on the cover page?

I think oda is doing it because he is setting it up for sabo's return. Also yes sabo wanted to be a captain but I can't see sabo letting his little brother make a run for the title alone especially after not being there for ace. Sabo is alive trust me wink wink

Also a half mermaid human could be interesting. All the. Strengths of both but no drawbacks...we no very little about both races but I guess we will see in the upcoming chapters

Oni Giri
October 27, 2010, 03:40 PM
i believe if he was alive he'd definitely come to save his brother. of course there can be an explanation to this like he was a prisoner himself or something like that.

ace was not a captain either but he was a commander under whitebeard. sabo being in his little brother's crew doesn't seem right to me. and if he's is alive (which i doubt) there're other ways to use him in the story. he doesn't necessarily have to be in the straw hat crew.

Bobbina
October 27, 2010, 05:28 PM
"Every since the 1st appearanc of ace I thought his tatoo was just a mistake but the s crossed out is actually sabo's flag. Oda has sabo in mind since the beginning. Also why would oda create sabo. If u thinl about luffys flashback, it would been just fine with he and ace. Oda created the whole sabo backstory for a reason. If sabo were dead why didn't oda show his eyes on the cover page?"
I think that the tattoo Oda just thought up cuz that's cool and its like Ace with a C, not a K, then he thought of Sabo later and thought that that would be a good idea, to put it into the story. Plus he didn't show his eyes cuz showing his eyes would be hard and it would make false assumptions that Sabo is alive. I think if Sabo were to be alive, then the point would be kinda ruined. Plus Sabo wouldn't be under Luffy's command. And a human doesn't have any strengths compared to fishman >.> (least I dont think so) besides getting places without being discriminated against. Also, fishmen are already hybrids, so like 3 quarters human and 1 quarter fish? Besides Chimney's dad is already a DAD. He would have to leave his wife. Also, I think Chimney is an orphan, or else why would his Dad not live with him?

Lord Rayleigh
October 27, 2010, 06:38 PM
i always kinda figured chopper as the apprentice, he is the child of the crew so to speak
loves cotton candy is the youngest and so many more reasons lead me to this conclusion
Chopper is not an apprentice at all. He isn't learning and being teached by any of the other Straw Hat Pirates. Actually, Chopper is the doctor of the Straw Hat crew. By the way, a pirate crew doesn't need to have an apprentice, but it needs to have a doctor, which is an official seat in a pirate crew.

Deo_df
October 29, 2010, 07:20 AM
female fishman who wants to be the strongest fishman, but fishmen are sexist so they laugh at her despite her being like fisher tigers daughter!

Jorge D. Dragon
October 30, 2010, 02:36 PM
Of course Chopper is not an apprentice, but it would be great if they got at least one.;)

Deo_df
It's really an interesting idea.:) Would fit well in Strawhats crew.:)

JetPistol
October 30, 2010, 06:07 PM
Didn't read the other posts but, I call a female fishman karate master for next crew mate !

Liger X
October 31, 2010, 12:24 PM
A Pure Maiden's Heart...

http://i54.tinypic.com/flim49.jpg

-Page Break-

The next crewmember topic cannot really exist unless there's reason to believe that there will be a crewmember that will join after all.

Vol. 1; Chapter 1; Page 50 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2039-50/one-piece/chapter-1.html) provides a number of 'friends' that could join him in his quest to be a King of the Pirates. This number is mentioned to be ten. It precedes the mention of Luffy creating his own flag (after Usopp joined; however, prior to getting Sanji) for his pirate crew. This means, Luffy thought he'd get a crew before he really got a flag or a name going -- reputation as a pirate, notoriety. Not that it discounts the possibility that Oda would reach the number ten or anything like that, it just suggests that Luffy hoped to get his crew ahead of his fame. It just didn't work out that way, though.

Here is a translation of that chapter from another source:

Luffy: HMM..... FIRST THING'S FIRST. I'VE GOT TO GET A CREW!
Luffy: I THINK ABOUT TEN MEN SHOULD DO.

Supporting evidence that would claim Oda's gunning for this number:

Q: So how many characters will gather in the main group?
A: I don't know! (laugh) As an ideal, I would like about 10 people. Right now, I officially have 4 people. Even 4 people are hard to handle, because they all want to do their own little things.
SOURCE (http://www.apricot.com/%7Efuu/paradise3/oda/cm1098.html)

This suggests that ten is his ideal; Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ideal), and was stated on October of 1998 (Volume 5 was released on October second; which was around the Baratie Arc's existence, prior to Sanji joining the crew.) to the public's ears. The four people he is talking about consists of the regulars from the East Blue saga.

From One Piece: Data Book "Green"
"TEN OR MORE MEMBERS"
Small corner brings back Luffy's declaration about crew members. They suggest this means he'll get, "AT LEAST," one new member in the New World. Note that in the same blurb, they count the current number at NINE.
SOURCE (http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1875398&postcount=1)

Chapter titles are also used to conglomerate towards a single number of crew members, by the writer's own ability to name the titles himself:

Zoro: The First (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v01/c006/)
Nami: Second (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v11/c094/)
Usopp: Third (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v45/c439/)
Sanji: Fourth (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v09/c068/)
Chopper: Fifth, no chapter.
Robin: Sixth, no chapter.
Franky: Seventh (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v45/c439/)
Brook: Eighth (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v50/c489/) So, according to the numbers, we have two more people left to gather, two more crew members... If we can somehow agree with the idea, after all this would be used to explain that there are two more individuals remaining when not including Luffy.

`-`-`-`-`

According to the details aforementioned, the manga seems to hint towards a limit of ten crew members with the chapter titles, and the original declaration being re-emphasized during the much recent Green Databook, and has been reflected upon as Oda's personal ideal. Altogether, it means that Oda is aiming towards the single number of "ten" however he may not stop there as the Green Databook does hint that Oda could very well topple that total by the duration of the New World and the manga's eventual climb towards its ending. Given the recent sources, Oda's stated that his desires are for the crew's totals to reach ten and maybe even well over that by the time he finalizes the manga. In fact, we're even given a single truth that will establish that the Strawhats will find a nakama (crewmember) in the New World, whether they like to or not...

With that, we are able to grasp the basics of the manga's intentions to fit their supporting cast: with that information, we can safely assume that a sum of ten is the lowest number of crew members that could appear in the story, and the limit is undefined--to the point that it could easily surpass the total suggested by the Green Databook, and Oda's ideal number. According to the Green Databook, we have a total of "nine" at the moment; meanwhile, when judging by the manga, we end up with the idea that we have "eight" when excluding Luffy (captain/founder) from the list. Both suggest that there will be another crewmember to come, however, neither give an estimate of when that will be or how soon it will happen.

Having the number of crewmembers, or the cap limit, established allows the readers to move on and examine the story and its intended direction about possible trends, plot points, possibilities, and even favorable supporting evidence that will assist in providing strong statements which may help surface something that will reveal the identities of these mysterious characters (to come)... But, before that, the purpose of the crew needs to be stated because the supporting evidence won't do a thing if it doesn't follow the general significance of the crew.

They ought to share a common goal, or a reason to even exist, and it is a simple one: surpass the Red-Haired Pirate Crew.

Luffy: One day, I'll have a ship and crew better than yours!!

So, that would be the basic condition needed to even stress the concept of what the crew is for. For a visual, Luffy's crew must be better than the following group: Chapter 580, Page 10 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c580/10.html).

Here's some of the known details of them:

Captain: Red-Hair Shanks
First-Mate: Benn Beckmann
Marksman: Yassopp
Unknown: Lucky Roo
Unknown: Rocksta
"Robe Man" -- the beast man guy with the Jagged Teeth on the far right of the picture and bad hair.
"Tall Man" -- the man around the center of the screen with the Dragon tattoo on his neck and sunglasses.
"Monkey Man" -- the man with the monkey pulling his cheek and has scars on his face.
"Gazer" -- the man behind Yassop and in front of Lucky Roo, he's the one holding the stick and staring off to the left, around Shanks's direction.
"Ski-Cap Man" -- the guy wearing the Red-Haired Shanks logo on his ski cap, or whatever it is, and has big round sunglasses. He's the one on the right of Benn Beckmann.
"Mystery Man" -- he is the guy behind Benn Beckmann with the overcoat being shown from the side, we don't get a view of his face or anything...
"Red Force" -- is the Red-Hair Pirate Crew's personal traveling vessel, ship. According to Luffy's statement, he will need to have crew members that are better than the people listed up above, and a ship that's better than the one Shanks rides on. Currently, he has the following at hand:

Captain: Monkey D. Luffy
First Mate: Zoro
Navigator: Nami
Marksman: Usopp
Chef: Sanji
Doctor: Chopper
Archeologist: Robin
Shipwright: Franky
Musician: Brook
Pirate Ship: Thousand Sunny Concerning conditions, Franky ought to be one of the greatest shipwrights around the world, and his creation, Thousand Sunny, ought to be better than the Red Force. Usopp is the son of Yassopp. The rest of the crew has no known affiliation with the Red-Hair pirate crew, or their members... Brook would officially have been far too old to even know any of those members, and the rest of the crew hasn't really been out in the world to find any sort of connection due to their reserved lifestyles. At best, if we count Rockstar, the superb rookie pirate, we'd have to have another Strawhat join just to balance the named members of the Red-Hair Pirate Crew... If we do not count Rockstar, then the two crews match up when the "cape" fellow that wasn't properly pictured isn't counted, and if he is, the Strawhats are short one individual. If you consider all the prominent figures, or named characters, the Strawhats ought to have a couple join them, and maybe even more than that...

Furthermore, there's another rival crew out there that seems to be comparable to the Strawhats, the Blackbeard Pirates: Chapter 575, Page 11 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c575/10.html).

The following is the list of the crew:

Captain: Marshall D. Teach (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Marshall_D._Teach) -- "Blackbeard"
Navigator: Laffitte (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Laffitte)
Helmsman: Jesus Burgess (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Jesus_Burgess) -- "Champion"
Doctor: Doc Q (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Doc_Q) -- "Shinigami"
Marksman: Van Augur (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Augur) -- "Supersonic"
Unknown: Shiliew (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Shiliew) -- "of the Rain"
Unknown: Sanjuan Wolf (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Sanjuan_Wolf) -- "Colossal Battleship"
Unknown: Vasco Shot (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Vasco_Shot) -- "Mighty Drinker"
Unknown: Catarina Devon (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Catarina_Devon) -- "Crescent Moon Hunter"
Unknown: Avalo Pizarro (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Avalo_Pizarro) -- "Corrupt King"
Unknown: Stronger (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Stronger)
Pirate Ship: Raft (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Blackbeard_Pirates%27_raft) (former), unknown (current) According to what we know, the comparisons run deep as there are positions that match rather well with the Strawhats:

Captain (Luffy) versus Captain [Blackbeard]
Swordsman (Zoro) versus Swordsman [Shiliew]
Navigator (Nami) versus Navigator [Laffitte]
Marksman (Usopp) versus Marksman [Augur]
Doctor (Chopper) versus Doctor [Doc Q] The rest, obviously, we couldn't accurately predict since they share nothing of particular value... Lastly, the numbers are relatively close, except the Strawhats are lacking a member at the moment, only if you consider "Stronger" one of the Blackbeard Pirates.

The crews each share many qualities with each other, but the only single expected fact from the two rival crews that would help identify which potential crew member seems likely to join would be the named position "Helmsman." Everything else just seems to guarantee that a possible number may be reached, but nothing about what a future crew member ought to be able to do... Except, of course, "helmsman" which does seem to suggest someone might join that specializes in the duty.

There are other possibilities that play a part in helping predict the future crewmember, like these helpful, probable hints that provide evidence that will indicate what the future crewmember (s) must each have to even be possible candidates:

Possible Supporting Evidence:

Recap of the discoveries:

Insert here!

-Page Break-

skullshuriken734
November 01, 2010, 02:46 AM
I reckon that it will be Perona. There have been a ton of informed reads out there that explain why her recent attention spree has been heavily regarded as highly suspicious... I reckon, with great pride, her character is being set up to join.

the same can be said about buggy but i dont think he's gonna be joinin (any time soon lol)
shes just a funny character that can be helpful, not a nakama, she has no in depth perosonality.
we havent seen anyone lately (aside from hancock) that has a deep personal conection with the crew...but she is now officially left behind IMO

Jinbei im sure could still take down luffy so i dont think he would join (his apprentice, son/daughter, or fisher tiger's son/daugter can still be possible)

Bhoot
November 01, 2010, 04:13 AM
Hmm i would like to see a inventor join the SH ranks. Yes Ussop does it himself too , but a full fledged inventor / mad scientist would be good . Maybe he could even experiment and even upgrade dials [like impact will have no recoil and so on]

And to also see more star eyed moments like :

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1864/49513.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/i/49513.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

k-dom
November 01, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hum , could we deduce from the green Databook spoilers that the '10 figure theory' has been contradicted by Oda himself...

urlaub
November 01, 2010, 05:34 PM
what do you mean k-dom? Am I missing something?

chess4
November 01, 2010, 06:06 PM
what do you mean k-dom? Am I missing something?

in the new green databook coming out on the 4th, it has little tidbit about the manga and stuff oda started 2 do. it has a double spread of the characters that he intended to be in the strawhats. there were only 9 characters, and Robin was not one of them.

zoro, sanji, luffy, and nami all look the same. chopper was a zebra reindeer that smoked. frankie was a weapons maker that couldnt use them. there was an usopp looking character that was a sniper and was the 1st mate. a midget was the shipwright.

what k-dom is also talking about is this

http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/1/#52

luffy says he wants to find 10 people. either way this was all in the early stages of one piece. remember the series was only suppose to be 5 years, so its safe to say that oda as changed his mind about a few things.

also i a couple opeople said that oda could have left the last couple of members out of the green databook so it wouldnt spoil it.

either way i think oda will give us some type of hint that luffy is finished looking for crew members.

i think its a grat possibility that a member will join on fishman island

Beast-Mode
November 01, 2010, 08:45 PM
ias long it not another DF user im good

Freid
November 01, 2010, 09:15 PM
While I dont want there to be too many DF users on the ship, I want a member who actually has a sick fruit and not just a crap fruit made to look good with the individuals own strength. So far none of the members have fruits that are actually powerful or even seem to be meant for battle. That includes Luffy's.

k-dom
November 02, 2010, 04:24 AM
I don't think there are some missing member in the sketch. Robin is missing but the unknown eyepatch guy is there. At least it gives us a good indication of what the complete crew looked like when Oda started the story and it's quite amazing that Brook and Chopper main feature were already there

chess4
November 04, 2010, 02:59 AM
Since it has been confirmed that the strawhats will get 10 or more members, hopefully more will be revealed on fishman island

in the new green databook, there was cool looking fishwoman, but her character turned into hatchan.

her name was maple reed, and its a good chance that she is based on the character mary reed.

small backstory

[edit] Becoming a pirate
Read's ship was taken by pirates, who forced her to join them. She took the King's pardon c.1718-1719, and took a commission to privateer, until that ended with her joining the crew in mutiny. In 1720 she joined pirate John "Calico Jack" Rackham and his companion, the female pirate Anne Bonny.

Read remained dressed as a man at first. Nobody knew that Read was female until Bonny began to take a liking to Read thinking she was a handsome young fellow. That forced Read to reveal to Bonny that she was a woman. Rackham, who was Bonny's lover, became jealous of the intimacy between them and threatened to cut the throat of Bonny's new paramour. To prevent Read's death, Rackham was also let in on the secret; following, Rackham decided to break male seafaring tradition by allowing both women to remain on the crew.

Eventually, Read and Bonny would wear men's clothes while attacking merchants in Jamaica, and women's clothes at other times.[1]

[edit] Battles
Read fell in love with one of the sea artists (carpenter or navigator) who had been forced by Rackham's crew. The sea artist was due to fight a duel with an experienced pirate he had rubbed the wrong way. Read, knowing that her beloved stood no chance against him, started a quarrel with the pirate and challenged him to a duel that would take place before the pending duel with the forced man.

Read prevailed in the death match, and her lover showed up on time for his duel.

the bold part is the best. i think i like this girl. sounds like strawhat material

moojee
November 04, 2010, 08:34 AM
Maybe this will stop the off topic in the Ch.600 thread? About the "2929":

There's some weird looking text with a theorie in the SBS of chapter 583. I don't really get the introduction but the reader (pen name "Shankus Love") brings up a theory which seems to me as if Shankus Love listed up all DF users and counted the katakana somehow like this:

Luffy -> GO.MU.GO.MU -> 5.6.5.6
Chopper -> HI.TO.HI.TO -> 1.10.1.10
Robin -> HA.NA.HA.NA -> 8.7.8.7
Brook -> YO.MI.YO.MI -> 4.3.4.3

And then he looked up which numbers weren't within the sequence of numbers from 1 to 10 (as I said, I don't get the introduction, so I guess he's referring to the crewmembers) and finds 2 and 9 missing. Read in Japanese "2" is "ni" (like in "nitouryuu" <-> "two swords style") while "9" is "kyuu" (like in "kyuutouryuu" <-> "nine swords style"). So he mixes them up and comes to the conclusion that only a "nikyu nikyu no mi" user will become the next nakama... so he guesses it's Kuma.

But Oda only seems to fool around and starts his "funny acting"... You know, whenever he acts like that ideas and theories by fans are pretty much unlikely - otherwise Whitebeard would hide bananas in his beard and be able to take it off his face to use it as boomerang to play with his little dog "Stephane" (taken from Vol. 58 SBS).

So the answer to the question if Kuma joins the Mugiwara Kaizoku-dan, I would rather reply by "no".

If someone wants to translate it:

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8097/ch583sbsjpg.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/ch583sbsjpg.jpg/)

wow..i think this prediction will become real after read chapter 603..
franky tell everyone that kuma is a man they are greatly indebt to for his act save them 2 years ago..
but i don't think he will be #10..maybe #11 or #12..
because sanji will force luffy to take young mermaid to join the crew...:p:p

Finale
November 11, 2010, 02:08 PM
I know he isnt that lovable of a character but how about Coriboo. It could be a similar situation to how Ace joined WB. Ace wanted to take WB's head and this led to him being brought onto his ship. After repeated attempts on WB's life he eventually came to appreciate the old man and join his crew. Coriboo will have to undergo drastic attitude changes as he's a psychopathic killer. But Luffy has shown a knack for taming wild animals. Also it would possibly give the crew the logia user we have been waiting for. Personally I hope he doesnt join, wanting the remaining potential spots to go to other people, but Oda wouldnt let someone that isnt interesting join the crew. Just something I was thinking about since Oda likes to surprise his readers.

kkck
November 11, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hum , could we deduce from the green Databook spoilers that the '10 figure theory' has been contradicted by Oda himself...

Well, if he has plans for 2 more crew members then it would make sense if he did not mention it right? I don't think oda has discarded the idea. I don't think he made any mention of that in the databook.

k-dom
November 12, 2010, 07:34 AM
My post was made based on the complete crew sketch. When the book was finaly released, luffy part says 10 or more including luffy :
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4817/10ormore.jpg

ajj216011
November 15, 2010, 02:25 PM
My bet is on jewellary bonney.

Thrice Oda has shown her in unexplainable situations.

Once - upon the death of Whitebeard - she referred that it is all his(vegapunk/akainu/BB - ??) fault.
Second - akainu commented that WG was afraid that she had escaped.
Third - 5 elders commented on Blackbeards capture of Bonney that - he does know a lot about whitebeard.

Maybe she has a relation with whitebeard. Maybe she is related to vagapunk - who is working for government only because she is in their custody. OR she is related to Kuma - who undergoes last modification to save her.

In my view - FI adveture will begin with Mugiwaras meeting bonney (who had escaped to FI from Marijoe) - and then strawhats will help bonney escape WG.

First Robin annd Franky and now bonney - three people that possess knowledge dangerous to WG will now be part of SH crew.

chess4
November 15, 2010, 05:05 PM
I can't see another supernova joining the crew. Boneney is cool but she will stay with her own crew. I figure they are in jail and she is being held by the WG.

If they don't get a crewman on fishman island or sabo is alive and joins then I have no no clue who will join.

I think at least one more has one more has to join. Its 2 obvious that the blackbeards are going to fight the strawhats eventually. Not counting the horse stronger the strawhats are one short.

I think The guy vasco shot, is a drunken fist fighter. wouldn't it be a great battle between him and a fishman karate master.

Deo_df
November 15, 2010, 05:31 PM
The kracken will be the next member of the strawhat crew. The kracken seems like the only thing big enough to take on San Juan, also seems like the best guardian of of the sunny ever!

Freid
November 15, 2010, 06:39 PM
Its extremely unlikely for the Kraken to become a member of the crew. Being big enough to take on San Juan doesn't make it a candidate. Who says the one to take on San Juan has to be his size which is most probably Chopper in his monster point form atm.

tret16
November 15, 2010, 08:56 PM
usually when luffy say's something around those lines, it usually happens... So if i had to guess if he say's that he's goin to tame the kraken, then he's most likely taming it.

Bobbina
November 15, 2010, 09:09 PM
Well, taming it is prolly gonna happen, but that doesn't mean it will be a crewmate. Besides, The Kraken isn't gonna do much, it cant even talk. Its just gonna drive the ship temporarily. I don't like the idea of Supernova either, nor Coribou. They seem so independant and they want to be their own captains. Ace was different. It didn't matter that he wasn't captain, he was under frickin WB.

Freid
November 15, 2010, 09:43 PM
usually when luffy say's something around those lines, it usually happens... So if i had to guess if he say's that he's goin to tame the kraken, then he's most likely taming it.

I think you may have mixed up your definitions for the words 'tame' and 'recruit'

nalex94
November 15, 2010, 10:38 PM
Luffy "tamed" Laboon, he didnt Guard the Merry. The Kraken is there to show Corribou how foolish it was to think he could take on a straw hat.

nanoclarkology
November 16, 2010, 12:08 AM
I am still betting that
1.) A fishman Karate expert will join. But it will rival the big two next to Luffy. He will be a bible caring crew member that wants to spread his fishman karate to the world but was exiled for teaching non-fishmen the secret arts.
--- Similar to Bruce Lee --- At least that is my opinion

As for Caribou I don't really care if he joins. He seems interesting enough. And the bad rap as a Marine Killer because he buries them alive. So if I tell you to jump over a cliff would you do it. His crew did as he told them too. But he isn't the one digging the holes. And Nico Robin was an assassin before joining and killed people. If she can change completely around then why not Caribou. NO this not my plea to get him to join. Really what does he have to offer.......?

Kraken even if tamed and guards the Sunny there are going to be so many places that the Kraken can't go. I see him more as a FI watcher or a Laboon.

kkck
November 16, 2010, 08:58 AM
I think the kraken is meant to be a second laboon of sorts lol. I don't think the kraken is going to become a crewmember though. I do think the strawhats will find a new crewmember in fishman island though. I am really hoping for a mermaid (it would mean sanji's death though).

Freakzin
November 16, 2010, 07:53 PM
I don't remember anyone wondering this. But aren't there fishwoman and merman? Is it just Fishman or Mermaid?

Cause a great addition to the crew would be a Fishwoman that does Karate!

ScratchmenApoo
November 17, 2010, 07:50 AM
I know I've said this before, but I think that there will be some kind of riot or a group of "evil spirited fishmen" who create havoc on Merman Island and even Jinbe and his friends can't control their actions.
Then Luffy comes along, fixes everything, either by beating them up or making an alliance of some sort...
Luffy will become very important in Jinbe's eyes, which makes him join the Strawhats ("This is the man I want to make Pirate King").
Jinbe's connection with Ace and the Strawhats has been very strong, and he would add a bit of variety to the crew.
Besides, he is very focused, clear-minded and serious... That would add professionalism into the crew.

And... No mermaid.. Otherwise say bye-bye to Sanji's health in the future...

Freid
November 17, 2010, 09:17 AM
And personally for me, I think jimbei is too ugly to join. Though that's not really much of a reason, I think the fishman to join the crew would be somewhat attractive. For example Arlong' design was pretty cool and I pray the fishman to join would have a similar design.

Jdapenao
November 17, 2010, 12:48 PM
I don't remember anyone wondering this. But aren't there fishwoman and merman? Is it just Fishman or Mermaid?

Cause a great addition to the crew would be a Fishwoman that does Karate!

Merfolk are the ones who have the half bottom as fishes; fishmen on the contrary have the carachteristics of a fish more defined in their upper body.

Anduren
November 17, 2010, 09:06 PM
I'd like to think the strawhats will get one more permanent crew member and a few regional nakama (like Vivi in Arabasta). I agree that the kraken would be similar to laboon as in a friend at the red line but I'm curious if it would fit through the hole at the bottom of the red line that leads to fishman island. Although, I think the strawhats already have Jinbe as a regional nakama in fishman island who will stay behind when they leave. Also as a personal preference I would like to see the strawhats go through their adventure in fishman island as they are, so that Brook's position as crew musician can be developed a bit more. It will also allow for each crew member's specialty to be displayed after their 2 years of training without being distracted by a new super potential crew member showing off their skills.
Completely Random: I want to see a short person in the crew (opposite of giant) from a future island they will visit in the new world. But I expect them to visit Elbaf and have a regional nakama there as well.

zelllogan
November 18, 2010, 12:14 PM
I know I repeat myself but ...
I wish Jinbei could be dead. The guy is so boring: calm, serious, never let his emotions takes the lead, ... EVEN HIS FIGHTING STYLE IS BORING. He just doesn't fit between the other strawhats.

For a serious/pragmatic point of view, Robin is more than enough.

I know I can forget about Perona joining but still ... no Jinbei please.

My new favourite candidate is Jewelry Bonney for several reasons:
- possible eating contests with Luffy ... Sanji will need to work twice as much
- Obvious past with world government & her relation with Akainu seems different than just a relation pirate-marine.
- Same enemy as Chopper (He destroyed Drum Island) & Luffy (He captured Ace) : Marshall D Teach
- Fun devil fruit. Imagine Sanki turned back to a kid because He's too sticky ... Imagine her devil fruit not working on Brooke ...
- She can offer a different view than any other strawhats: she's more a pirate than the strawhats. She want profit & don't want to help others.

chess4
November 18, 2010, 04:18 PM
Bonney is not joining because I can't see oda having 3 supernovas in the crew. Her bounty is higher than zoro's. I see the strawhats saving her and she becoming an ally down the road. Perona isn't joining because no one from the islands the strawhats trained on will not become important til later on.

If boa didn't join I can't see jimbe another shichibukai joining. Looking at the original crew from the green databook there was no fishman in the crew, but oda has changed a lot in the manga. Also he could have left a crewman out of the databook so he wouldn't spoil anything.

My guess as of rite now a fishman and/or sabo will join. Oda doesn't introduce character for no reason. I think the plot around fisher tiger will develop more. We haven't saw a fishman modeled after a great white shark or a killer whale.

Its safe 2 say the crew will get one more member. The fishman I think will be fisher tigers child

Bobbina
November 18, 2010, 11:31 PM
Chess, probably pretty much everyone there should be supernova. That was BEFORE. Now Zoro can totally own Bonney. And I agree, no Bonney. She's too different and doesn't seem like the follower type. I don't like any shichis either. That wouldn't be right because part of this story is revolving around the char.'s development and dreams. I think fishman is plausible, but I think it would be a bit too predictable and cliche. Don't know who else and want a fishman, but maybe not a prince or something. I agree, I want to delve into Fisher Tiger more, but maybe not from a relative. Robin isn't that serious, nor Jimbei, besides, Zoro's also very serious, and their crew needs seriousness, considering how rash everyone is. Nami is serious too. Robin's existance and personality is necessary, and also is basically their information. She knows about history, pirates, the WG, the Void Century (a little), and more. Jimbei is also necessary for countering the rashness and stops Luffy from getting involved in impossible situations. But I don't want him either, but just not for the same reasons. I know this is well... I just don't want Sabo to be alive. I think that Sabo being alive kind of ruins part of it and is too just-for-the-fans, which I absolutely LOATHE. Oda is better than that, I think and he's good enough to make a character who was healed from Dragon's crew. Maybe even Dragon himself was injured. All I know is, Sabo being alive will blow out some of the fire in me. I think I may be a bit overreactive or something, and my reason isn't that elaborate and all, but still.

skullshuriken734
November 19, 2010, 05:01 AM
i want to see a merman join the crew, perhaps one that uses a trident
every current crew member has a certain fighting style similar to just about any final fantasy series

Zoro-swordsman
Nami-Staff (black magic)
Usopp-ranged
Sanji-Martial arts aka close combat
Chopper-Beast (like red 13 in ff7)
Robin- White mage (not so much in healing but more in the support area
Franky-mecha
Brooke-Music

they still need a lancer or spear user
but i would still very much like to see a fisman kung fu (as peopl have said earlier

nanoclarkology
November 19, 2010, 04:55 PM
I think a merman is to limited. I mean no legs can't walk on land doesn't really fit in with the crew. I know this has probably been mentioned a bunch of times but a logia eating fishman would be cool. Or fishwoman. Can't swim because they lose all their power but won't die because of the fact that they can breathe. I think that is to much of a limitation also though.

chess4
November 19, 2010, 05:41 PM
Remeber mermaid legs split at the age of 30.

JetPistol
November 21, 2010, 09:56 AM
Since it has been confirmed that the strawhats will get 10 or more members, hopefully more will be revealed on fishman island

in the new green databook, there was cool looking fishwoman, but her character turned into hatchan.

her name was maple reed, and its a good chance that she is based on the character mary reed.

small backstory

[edit] Becoming a pirate
Read's ship was taken by pirates, who forced her to join them. She took the King's pardon c.1718-1719, and took a commission to privateer, until that ended with her joining the crew in mutiny. In 1720 she joined pirate John "Calico Jack" Rackham and his companion, the female pirate Anne Bonny.

Read remained dressed as a man at first. Nobody knew that Read was female until Bonny began to take a liking to Read thinking she was a handsome young fellow. That forced Read to reveal to Bonny that she was a woman. Rackham, who was Bonny's lover, became jealous of the intimacy between them and threatened to cut the throat of Bonny's new paramour. To prevent Read's death, Rackham was also let in on the secret; following, Rackham decided to break male seafaring tradition by allowing both women to remain on the crew.

Eventually, Read and Bonny would wear men's clothes while attacking merchants in Jamaica, and women's clothes at other times.[1]

[edit] Battles
Read fell in love with one of the sea artists (carpenter or navigator) who had been forced by Rackham's crew. The sea artist was due to fight a duel with an experienced pirate he had rubbed the wrong way. Read, knowing that her beloved stood no chance against him, started a quarrel with the pirate and challenged him to a duel that would take place before the pending duel with the forced man.

Read prevailed in the death match, and her lover showed up on time for his duel.

the bold part is the best. i think i like this girl. sounds like strawhat material
So this would mean that if Maple Reed were introduced in FI, she would fall in love with Franky. Kind of like how his master Tom was a fishman married to Kororo the mermaid. Nice article haha, gives us some nice clues as to what might go down :D

zerocooldx
November 23, 2010, 05:14 PM
This (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece_green/68375012/13) might be a good indication that the SH's will have at least one more crew member that they find in the NW.

RamaJaya
November 23, 2010, 07:08 PM
I'm looking forward to see Chimney's dad joining the crew (there was a prediction somewhere on this forum).

tothx
November 25, 2010, 03:32 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece_green/68375012/13

His ideal crew is over 10 members large ;) Hence we can still get more awesome for the awesomesauce.

MaiSiaoSiao
November 25, 2010, 05:47 AM
Fishman or powered up Arlong!!!

Fox666
November 25, 2010, 05:47 AM
It doesn't confirm nothing! In fact, the description says "does this mean...?"

At least, this page deal like "10 members" include Luffy

Organizized
November 25, 2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah, this isn't confirming at all. I mean, it's widely regarded that Luffy will get at least one more member, not many people doubt that. All I see this little notice in the data book doing is remind those who aren't as deep into One Piece as most people on these forums that he actually did say that, and that it might be foreshadowing. It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

Oh, and thread title's a bit long, dude. ;)

Umbra Wolf
November 25, 2010, 10:30 AM
At least the text says that Luffy was not thinking about a musician or a carpenter at the time.
So technically we might expect an unlimited amount of people to join the strawhats.
Yet there is a certain limitation from a story perspective because it is impossible to characterize Luffy's crew if it were as big as Whitebeard's.

Organizized
November 25, 2010, 10:39 AM
Actually, what it says is that he was thinking about a musician and a carpenter, just that he had yet to see them. As early as just after Zoro joined was the first time he spoke of a musician being high priority for the crew.

But yeah, there doesn't seem to be that big a limitation as to occupations in the crew, seeing as Robin is a friggin' archeologist and no one seems to think twice about it being a legit crew role. :p

In any case, I don't see how this deserves its own thread. It should be in the Tree of Knowledge thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64747) about the topic.

Dark God Zeus
November 25, 2010, 07:06 PM
I don't think they need another trump card power character. Maybe someone stealthy? Cabin boy?

zerocooldx
November 25, 2010, 08:28 PM
It doesn't confirm nothing! In fact, the description says "does this mean...?"

At least, this page deal like "10 members" include Luffy

Yeah but i don't see the purpose of Oda using that to tease his readers. It was obviously a hint as to whats to come in the NW rather then a "Oh you fell for it!".

kkck
November 26, 2010, 12:49 AM
I think this at least confirms that the no less than absurd notion that the sunny counts as a crewmembers is a huge load of crap. It should also confirm that at the very least 1 more crewmember will join luffy's crew. It is within the realm of possibilities oda decides to add one more member but it is not a necessity.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 26, 2010, 04:10 AM
It's just my opinion, but why people care that much about the numbers? At the begining of the manga he thought that it would be good to have about 10 members. So it can be 10 or more. In fact if he sees some cool looking guy he will surely take him in his crew. And as it was stated it's logical to have a crew bigger than 10 members, cause even if all 10 are uber powerful (and we already know that it isn't true) you can't compare to the power of Marines, cause they will overpower you with numbers.

Bhoot
November 26, 2010, 07:35 AM
It's just my opinion, but why people care that much about the numbers? At the begining of the manga he thought that it would be good to have about 10 members. So it can be 10 or more. In fact if he sees some cool looking guy he will surely take him in his crew. And as it was stated it's logical to have a crew bigger than 10 members, cause even if all 10 are uber powerful (and we already know that it isn't true) you can't compare to the power of Marines, cause they will overpower you with numbers.

CoC = numbers managed . Quite simply , i m pretty sure that Luffy will just use CoC to knock out weaker / less willed ppl

kkck
November 26, 2010, 08:52 AM
Wonder if caribou might be the last member to join the crew before going to the new world? His crew would seem to have been annihilated and the sheer insanity of the strawhat's behavior would seem to be getting to him. Could he end up begging to actually join? I doubt he would even be that weak considering he does have a strange fruit and has a decent bounty on his head. I don't like the guy at all but oda does seem to be about to head to that direction.

Fox666
November 26, 2010, 12:34 PM
The guy is just evil...! Wait, Robin also was a villain, and Zoro is not that kind with his opponents

Caribou is a funny guy at least

Jorge D. Dragon
November 26, 2010, 01:45 PM
Bhoot

CoC = numbers managed . Quite simply , i m pretty sure that Luffy will just use CoC to knock out weaker / less willed ppl
Sure there is a limit for this ability. Rayleigh was an example of it.

kkck

Wonder if caribou might be the last member to join the crew before going to the new world? His crew would seem to have been annihilated and the sheer insanity of the strawhat's behavior would seem to be getting to him. Could he end up begging to actually join? I doubt he would even be that weak considering he does have a strange fruit and has a decent bounty on his head. I don't like the guy at all but oda does seem to be about to head to that direction.
I don't know really. I think they will get a fishman on Fishman Island. I don't know about Caribou. I think that his crew isn't dead, hence he will try to find them, but it's in the realm of possibilities that he can really join Mugivaras. I don't think it would be bad, cause everyone can turn to the good side.:)

tothx
November 26, 2010, 03:17 PM

Allso seems to hold the ability to tame creatures and pull people over to your own side. There's way more too it, it's one of the top abilities in the entire world of one piece.

bisha16
November 27, 2010, 09:10 AM
The strawhat crew will of course grow up because in the new world they are gone met stronger crew pirates and maybe bigger so the need to get more crew members and strong one.....till now the strawhats have the lower pirates member with only 10 members.....so in the new world they must get more members at least 5 ones since luffy is gone be the pirate king.......

chess4
November 28, 2010, 11:07 AM
The strawhat crew will of course grow up because in the new world they are gone met stronger crew pirates and maybe bigger so the need to get more crew members and strong one.....till now the strawhats have the lower pirates member with only 10 members.....so in the new world they must get more members at least 5 ones since luffy is gone be the pirate king.......

naw the strawhats will only get one or 2 more crewman. they will get help when they need it like during the ennis lobby arc.

i think it will be the shark. the kind of shark i think it is, is a blue shark and they prefer cooler waters. also they have a nickname and they are called wolves of the sea.

what a great name. i cant see oda just introducing the shark and not having a plot development surrounding him.

Franckie
November 29, 2010, 03:12 AM
We'll get at least one more character. If you look at the Blackbeard Pirates, that crew is composed of 10 members (assuming Doc + Stronger count as one character). Since the Blackbeard Pirates will probably be the Mugiwara's final major 1on1 opponents, they'll need 1 more addition to break even.

DaoneLuffy
November 29, 2010, 11:39 AM
Just for kicks Oda makes caribou the priest/monk of the crew seeing that he is religious somewhat, now that would be hilarious.

tret16
November 29, 2010, 01:12 PM
something tells me that caribou is just goin to be the new comedy relief who constantly gets his ass kicked by the strawhats... almost like team rocket. lol

MCCmonkey
November 29, 2010, 02:39 PM
random idea:
what if the shark was a fishman who ate a shark zoan df
i mean, it was using clothes so it is posible, and i dont remember a part where it says that a fish zoan df doesnt exist

edit: for no misunderstandings about the on-topic discusion i must say that he could be a new member for the strawhats with the ability to help them if they fall in the water + help in boarding other ships if we ever have a ship vs ship batlle

tret16
November 29, 2010, 07:19 PM
already thought that this shark was a possible ally, god know's that Oda never introduces characters randomly. and the crew made it well known that they noticed the shark. i'm with you on this one, i think the shark is a possible ally but i don't think that he's a df user

karamm
November 29, 2010, 09:11 PM
I dont think the shark will be joining the crew, unless it's a merman/mermaid that can get on the ship's deck and stay on land for a long time.

Caribou definitely wont join the crew...at least I hope not
He has his own crew, so he cant just abandon his brother and the rest of the crew and join the strawhats.

The next crew member will definitely be a merman/mermaid, possibly one which they will help on fishman island.

Channy
November 30, 2010, 06:07 AM
something tells me that caribou is just goin to be the new comedy relief who constantly gets his ass kicked by the strawhats... almost like team rocket. lol

I think that would defeat the purpose of the tight bonds that the SH there not the kind of people who would have people on the ship just so they could kick the shit out of them

tret16
November 30, 2010, 12:46 PM
i don't mean that they are goin to keep them on the ship... he's gunna leave and keep coming back every now and then to get beat up. hence the team rocket reference.

ofir271
November 30, 2010, 02:25 PM
acording to the databook (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece_green/68375012/3) the next member was ment to be a fishman or at least someone who got a saw like head(i have to admit it does look a bit like perona)

anyway i still hope it will be bonny - one thing is for sure she is going to ha ve a significant part in the story or oda wouldnt show her and an admiral just before the 2 years break.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 30, 2010, 02:38 PM
Guys, I don't understand why there should be only 10 crew members. It isn't stated that Luffy only wants ten crewmates. He did say that there should be about ten. But he didn't stated it for sure. It's just like he takes practically everyone he likes, exept when they don't want to join or can't afford to join, because of some problems or responsibilities they have. So I can't see why their can't be more than ten members. And in fact I would deffinetly like them to be more than ten.

I think the tenth crew member will be a fishman and will be strong. At least at Zoro's pre- time-skip level. Also he should have some interesting ability like beeing flying fish fishman. It would benefit the crew a lot.:)

matzik1212
December 02, 2010, 01:33 PM
i really wish they will be about 3 new members joining the SH's 'cause it's much more interesting that way and let's face it luffy needs a few strong ones joining 'cause the NW is on another lvl and only 9 pirates conquer it it's basically impossible...at least it should be :amuse ...the monster trio will remain the strongest in the crew of course but i expect the new nakama to be pretty strong too...i wish another girl with a DF ,not logia, to join ,a fishman and a guy with a logia DF :XD

Ashura_Ichibugin
December 02, 2010, 10:43 PM
anyway i still hope it will be bonny - one thing is for sure she is going to ha ve a significant part in the story or oda wouldnt show her and an admiral just before the 2 years break.

It would be awesome but I just can't see that happening.

Probably they will recruit their last member from FI and enter the new world as a completed crew.

kulugo
December 03, 2010, 10:31 AM
kraken, giant or dutchman captain.. all 3 would be great.

Nonlife
December 05, 2010, 12:58 AM
We NEED another female crewmate.

zerocooldx
December 05, 2010, 01:15 AM
We NEED another female crewmate.

I'm not so sure that Sanji could handle that.

RezzieThaRapper
December 05, 2010, 02:28 AM

Imagine if The entire Amazon fleet came back with Luffy, and the first thing Luffy told Sanji would be that, hey guys these half naked women are our new nakama...

(1 Day Later, possibly 7 seconds)

We are here today to mourn our cook... Sanji the black leg, who died of an over anxious middle leg... He will be sorely missed

Nonlife
December 06, 2010, 06:57 PM

It'd be a new, training regime for Sanji. He spent the last two years, living on the dream he'd see REAL women again. This time, he'll try to control himself so he'll live to see "the day again", flirting with the "exotic beauties" on the ship.

op.d.fan
December 08, 2010, 02:24 PM
A mermaid who is not beautiful would be hilarious.......... sanji would be crying all through the series

chess4
December 08, 2010, 03:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_shark

hopefully a fishman will be modeled after this shark and join the strawhats. check out the blue sharks nickname. wolf of the sea. how great is that. a fishman with the epithet wolf of the sea will join the strawhats, hopefully. most of the strawhats are outcast type anyway.

what if the blue sharks entire family was killed and he was the last one left. he felt alone and the fishman karate dojo master sort of looked after him. maybe his goal is to be the helmsman for the pirate king or show that fishman karate is the best martial arts in the world

MaiSiaoSiao
December 09, 2010, 12:26 AM
Dont forget theres a huge fish tank in the Sunny.A fishman who ate a DF and cant swim can stay in the tank LOL

Lord Rayleigh
December 09, 2010, 07:55 AM
A fishman with a Devil Fruit. That's the worst prediction ever made. What the points of having a fishman in the crew if he cannot swim ? It just shows how people are desperately crazy in this thread since Brook joined the Strawhats.

MaiSiaoSiao
December 09, 2010, 08:50 AM
A fishman with a Devil Fruit. That's the worst prediction ever made. What the points of having a fishman in the crew if he cannot swim ? It just shows how people are desperately crazy in this thread since Brook joined the Strawhats.

Ha i was just randomly blurting w/e comes in my mind at that time LOL
And the fish tank came in so yea

matzik1212
December 09, 2010, 02:11 PM
yeah! if they get a fishman for the next nakama it will be kinda useless if he can't swim:) since a fishman should be a great achievement for the crew...they could obtain some power even underwater and that's precisely why i want a fishman in the crew

skullshuriken734
December 09, 2010, 04:35 PM
very few legendary crew dont have a fishman of sorts...even BB has that giant swimmer dude (cant remember name or species)
we know that the SH's are gonna face down the BB's at some point

Luffy vs Black Beard (captains)
Zoro vs Shilliew (swordsman)
Nami vs Lafitte (flight and weather)
Usopp vs Van Auger (snipers)
Sanji vs Burgess (finesse vs raw power)
Chopper vs Doc Q and Stronger (doctors and animals)
Robin vs Catarina Devon (dark Women)
Franky vs Avalo Pizarro (Cyborgs)
Brooke vs Vasco Shot (only one left really could switch around with sanji or lafitte)
??? vs San Juan Wolf

what but a super strong fishman could stand up to him...a giant perhaps but less likely due to their size not fitting on the ship plus it'd be a blunder to go to a town even in the new world with a giant

zelllogan
December 10, 2010, 04:36 PM

Au contraire ... a depressed fishman with a Devil Fruit would completely fit in the crew. It's absurb & it would completely be in the "one piece" spirit

Lord Rayleigh
December 10, 2010, 05:36 PM
Au contraire ... a depressed fishman with a Devil Fruit would completely fit in the crew. It's absurb & it would completely be in the "one piece" spirit
If the fishman was not able to swin, then all his special abilities would be lost. So you're saying that there would be no point for the next nakama to be a fishman except for comedy purpose. That's bullshit !
By the way, Oda has always focused on a character's personality and not on his abilities for comedy.
He doesn't need to make a Fishman nakama unable to swin to make the Strawhats be funny.

OdaForPresident
December 12, 2010, 06:06 PM
If the fishman was not able to swin, then all his special abilities would be lost. So you're saying that there would be no point for the next nakama to be a fishman except for comedy purpose. That's bullshit !
By the way, Oda has always focused on a character's personality and not on his abilities for comedy.
He doesn't need to make a Fishman nakama unable to swin to make the Strawhats be funny.

I do think that a devil fruit fishman joining would fit the crew, though I don't personally think that it will happen. That particular fishman would definately be a paria amongst its own kind, something nearly all strawhats can relate to. The only special ability the fishman would lose would be swiming. Waterbreathing would still be possible, super human strenght would still be there on land and the devil fruit power would be there. So I don't think all his special abilities would be lost. Even if this would only be for comedic purposes I still wouldn't rule it out, Oda puts a lot of strange people in the crew (cyborg, animal, skeleton) why not a handicaped fishman. It might also be what they need to become allies with fishman island or some fishman crew.

3000PoemsWritten
December 13, 2010, 04:22 PM
The new crewmate should be... Kanye D. West... With his Devil Fruit powers he can snatch the micropho-- err.. weapons out of peoples hands and give them a chance to finish later

I hate Arlong - No jokes here... I just hate him... I want Nami to WTF pwn him soo bad... He definitely shouldn't be in the crew...

HAtchan & Keimi & Pappug & Surume for the WTF Win!!! Who's with me High Fives Any Takers...

DaGabe14
December 13, 2010, 11:37 PM
Having a fishman that is unable to swim is not even that funny... its like if Gaimon (guy stuck in chest) would have joined the crew... imagine the Alabasta arc when they went through the desert. Initially it may have been funny, but it would have gotten old very quickly.

chess4
December 14, 2010, 12:22 AM
i hope that a fishman from the age of 25 to 30 will join the crew. he will be pretty good at fishman karate. i dont care what he looks like as long as he is cool looking. all the fishman we have seen so far, seem to be quite large, so i figure the fishman will be roughly the height of frankie.

he or she should be 4th in strength behind the monster trio, well when i see strength, i mean hand to hand combat

kanmati
December 14, 2010, 12:53 PM
More than eleven. Logia and fishman pirate.

GomuGomuNo
December 15, 2010, 04:40 AM
there are 2 possibilities for caribou:

he does some stupid things to make chaos
or
he helps the SH's!

I hope he twists his mind and become the last member of the SH (of course logia) !

kidopitz27
December 16, 2010, 07:49 PM
the kraken is just their pet but if they will have another nakama i think it will be the one that pulls the flying Dutchman if he can even breath like a human can he can be a good addition to the SH he can carry the ship to safety without the use of the sea :)(well the kraken can carry teh sunny go but he cannot breath without water :))

Uriel
December 17, 2010, 09:19 AM
I hope Coribou doesn't join and stay as a Team Rocket kinda of guy xD

leftysaw
December 17, 2010, 02:55 PM
Luffy's crew is one of the most diverse crews in one piece so having a fishmen in the crew will definitely be a must also they will need a giant in the crew however i believe the giant will get a devil fruit allowing him to shrink for the sunny remember the strawhats are the bridge to hold all the races in one peice together

Channy
December 17, 2010, 03:01 PM
Luffy's crew is one of the most diverse crews in one piece so having a fishmen in the crew will definitely be a must also they will need a giant in the crew however i believe the giant will get a devil fruit allowing him to shrink for the sunny remember the strawhats are the bridge to hold all the races in one peice together

There was already a Giant with those capabilities his name was Bruce and he ate the Mini Mini no mi which granted him the powers to shrink to the size of a regular human, he was in the OP game Round the Land for Playstation 2

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bruce

theres the link

Realtwisted
December 17, 2010, 03:36 PM
There was already a Giant with those capabilities his name was Bruce and he ate the Mini Mini no mi which granted him the powers to shrink to the size of a regular human, he was in the OP game Round the Land for Playstation 2

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bruce

theres the link

Nice i never heard of him. Did Luffy ask him to join SH?did he only appear in anime?

leftysaw
December 17, 2010, 04:02 PM
ive never played the one piece game for the ps2 i wish i did though but yeah i also think the new crewman will b some sort of desendent of fishman tiger, politically and symbolically he wud be the best choice for the sh's next crewman noah is not arlong no way they are the same pplp

Channy
December 17, 2010, 04:54 PM
Nice i never heard of him. Did Luffy ask him to join SH?did he only appear in anime?

No he was in the One Piece video game called round the land for Playstation 2
[hr]

ive never played the one piece game for the ps2 i wish i did though but yeah i also think the new crewman will b some sort of desendent of fishman tiger, politically and symbolically he wud be the best choice for the sh's next crewman noah is not arlong no way they are the same pplp

Noahs not a person its the place where the New Fishman Pirates reside

VashDaStampede
December 17, 2010, 08:58 PM
Right now I think the race for next strawhat is neck and neck between Caribou and an unknown Fishman. There's a reason Caribou is still around, but its still too early to tell why.

Channy
December 18, 2010, 03:19 AM
Alright im gonna throw a theory out there i think i the fishman island arc the SH will grow a closer bond with Hatchan during the events of the arc and i think that Hatchan is a very good candidate for the next SH

xeteboi
December 18, 2010, 05:55 AM
Right now I think the race for next strawhat is neck and neck between Caribou and an unknown Fishman. There's a reason Caribou is still around, but its still too early to tell why.

I dnt like Caribou as a new nakama, hes just a piece of mudshit. I want a strong mermaid or a fishman that would help the Sh's into a battle. And i suggest that this new nakama would not be the last. I want also a logia type(fire or wind) or a mythical zoan type (ex. dragon)

Mad Wanze
December 20, 2010, 08:40 PM
i really hope hachi isn't the new sh.. first of all, why should we separate him from caimie? leave them alone! :) but seriously, hachi is so weak! what could be his use? it's the new world, and all the strawhats became much stronger then before, so the new nakama must be someone really really strong, or it will just be a pain carrying him around. for the same reason it can't be a mermaid, they can't even walk properly in the land, unless we want an old mermaid... another kokoro??? no thank you. My guess is jinbei, since he has such nice skills and more importantly he knows what luffy went through, so that he already has a strong bond with him like the other nakamas. for the same reason i'd like bon clay to join, if he's still alive. not so strong fighter, but the mane mane no mi could add so much comedy and cleverness to the crew.

about Caribou, it could be interesting if he becomes more charming as a carachter. to his haters, i say that also franky wasn't so nice at the start, stealing all that money and beating usopp so bad, but look at him now :) light nipples!

and about surume............ is really there someone who would waste the last mugiwara spot for someone who can't talk?? no comedy, no interactions whit other members but chopper and luffy.... no taking him in land battles... nahhh

GomuGomuNo
December 21, 2010, 04:49 AM

don't you think choppers monster stage is something like a giant?

tereta_foba
December 21, 2010, 11:53 AM
i believe it is far too early to see the next nakama...he or she is going to be someone quite powerful and i think we will see him in the adventures at new world OR during the battles at fishman island....i would like to see a fishman..it would be fantastic!!! but all the nakamas that have been proposed until now,my opinion is that they all help the advance of the story line...they are all friends with SHs....if we call all those who liked and helped luffy nakama, then luffy has more than, lets say 100-200 nakama in his crew?? i mean the new nakama will be a new person, someone that will get involved in the battles later and luffy will find out that his personality is acceptable...
moreover luffy has already found all the specialties for his crew so the next on will be someone with amazing abilities....

chess4
December 22, 2010, 02:32 PM
this is how i see it. we can finally completely rule out perona and maugerite completely from becoming strawhats. boa has a small chance with her love sickness of showing up on the island but i doubt it. also i cant see a giant nor a dwarf joining crew because chopper is 2 in 1. he is small in his brain point and huge like a giant in his monster point form.

also there was a filler character that was a giant who ate the mini mni fruit that allowed him to turn small, so we will not se ethat fruit in the main story

follwoing the rules of the others joining (except for robin) the other strawhats usually fight alongside a potential member before he/she joins.

the greatest chance of a member joining so far is here on fishman island. whether that is a fishman or not remains to be seen.

personally i think a fishman would fit well in a crew of oddballs. monster reindeer, walking skeleton, a cyborg, so a walking fish wouldnt hurt.

usually the character that will join is highlighted early on like brook, usopp, zoro. i didnt see frankie joining until the arc was well underway and robin was completely out of blue.

its pretty safe to say the caime, hattchi, nor pappugg will join, as well as the giant kraken. caribou killed fake sanji and buried the others. he is evil through and through, so he will not either.

of all the known characters jinbei has the best chance and i dont think he will.

personally i think it will be a new fishman but with oda, who never know.

i would rather sabo be alive and join more than a fishman

Uriel
December 29, 2010, 09:42 AM
Fukaboshi is a good candidate if you ask me. A prince, a Fishman, part of Jinbei crew and seems strong enough.

chess4
December 29, 2010, 01:09 PM
Fukaboshi is a good candidate if you ask me. A prince, a Fishman, part of Jinbei crew and seems strong enough.

im sorry to rain on your parade but he is not a good choice. 1st off he is the 1st son so he is next in line for the throne, he is not part of jinbeis crew, and he is 2 young(young in the sense his tail has not split)

k-dom
December 29, 2010, 04:52 PM
We don't know about the last point since they can change between both forms at will

RezzieThaRapper
December 30, 2010, 06:32 PM
Here's my 2 cents

if Surume joins than someone else will join around the same time.

Coribou is my hope right now...

Jinbei is my other hope right now...

(Perona was my other hope :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( )

---
Here's what would be cool for the strawhats to have...

A fishman/mermaid (Jinbei, Hachi, Caime, The Prince)

An Okama (Bon Clay :( )

A giant (Another Oars, or Surume)

An Amazon (Marguierette or another)

A seastone miner with a boxing fighting style and super pretty face

A gardener who is a super duper hippie tree hugger

A janitor clean freak (lulz)

Rob Lucci (Yea I said it)

Kalifa (for a complete torture on Sanji)

Shanadian or something similar

bittman
January 07, 2011, 07:00 AM
i really hope hachi isn't the new sh.. first of all, why should we separate him from caimie? leave them alone! :) but seriously, hachi is so weak! what could be his use? it's the new world, and all the strawhats became much stronger then before, so the new nakama must be someone really really strong, or it will just be a pain carrying him around. for the same reason it can't be a mermaid, they can't even walk properly in the land, unless we want an old mermaid... another kokoro??? no thank you. My guess is jinbei, since he has such nice skills and more importantly he knows what luffy went through, so that he already has a strong bond with him like the other nakamas. for the same reason i'd like bon clay to join, if he's still alive. not so strong fighter, but the mane mane no mi could add so much comedy and cleverness to the crew.

As someone who picked out Hacchi back on Shabondy, let me possibly answer some of your points kind sir:

Hacchi should stick with Camie - then Ussop should have stayed with Kaya. They were a nice couple. In fact, Oda has almost always torn a Strawhat from a family/beloved/close-friends. Zoro, Robin and Brooke are exceptions, but their very history identifies their isolation.
Hacchi is so weak - that's funny, because not only was it two years ago and anything could have happened, but Luffy has rarely picked up someone for their strength. Zoro may be the only exception here.
But he's so weeeaaaaaaaak - Held off attacks on the Sunny for a year. There's no way he didn't level up then. Given the year of recuperation could have just as well been spent training, it's not impossible to imagine Hacchi has grown. That said, even I, as an advocate of Hacchi, can probably only see him on par with the wimpy trio (Nami, Ussop + Chopper).
Jimbei is a better fishman - his crew thinks so too. So either Jimbei gets replaced, or they all join Luffy. Neither option seems likely, though Jimbei getting replaced is not an impossible stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, I still don't think Hacchi's a "great choice", but he has potential. From the start I've expected this potential to grow, but I am indeed still waiting. The Camie Happy Ending is something I would still bet on over the Hachi the Strawhat Pirate Ending, but Hacchi can get the girl and become a pirate so I don't see it as a good arguement.

Mad Wanze
January 07, 2011, 08:12 AM
I didn't mean to say that the romance between hachi and caimie is a good reason for hachi to not join. Actually i can't care less about hachi or caimie, to me they are two of the lamest carachters ever seen in one piece, but is just my opinion. I said about it just to say that, for instead of seeing hachi weakening the crew by joining, he should stay just where he is, with caimie on his takoyaki shop. And about the Sunny defence, also Duval did it, but LUCKILY he didn't join, and we all know that the real reason Sunny wasn't taken was Kuma. I'm glad someone sees hachi as a potential good member, but for me he's just a non-funny crappy swordsman takoyaki seller, with no sense of adventure at all. It could be interesting only if he learned really well fishman karate in these 2 years, but it's unlikely. I hope the last member to join will be someone super-strong. I love Brook as a carachter, but he is a really poor fighter, so I don't want another to join.

All above is just my opinion, I don't think it has more value then anyone else's

mattiaildivino
January 07, 2011, 10:29 AM
Well,oda said in the One piece green that a new strawhat would have enjoyed the crew in the new world.
I have thought...in the crew there's no fishmen and there's no rogia user. about the rogia,itseems that Coribo will be friend with them in this situation,as Franky did at water 7 /enies lobby,but devil fruits users are just in the crew,and they are too much!!! another one would be a great idea. and wehave seen how difficult is for people strong like the strawhat stay under the sea.then a fishman is the best way oda can do for the manga! I hope that Jimbe will be the one,because he's very strong and he's already friend of rufy.

Bugzee
January 07, 2011, 01:04 PM
I really can't see a logia user joining the crew; it would be overkill imo. I think we'll see at least one logia user becoming an ally of the SH's in the future. ;) I always thought it would be cool if Sanji obtained a logia ability but looking back on it now; it's not necessary because I like him to stay as a non df user/fighter. :p

I still think there's a high chance that it'll be a Fishman or Merman. This has been repeated how many times in this thread? :XD

Franckie
January 07, 2011, 01:37 PM
The chief problem with Caribou is that the guy is too much of a complete monster to join. He has no sympathisizing qualities because he's kicked the dog too many times already.

chess4
January 07, 2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=29723

click the show tab ans scroll sown to the pick of the original crew. the 3rd pic where it shows the height of the crew. oda is a far better artist than me, but one thing all artist try to keep in a drawing, regardless of if its a rough sketch or not, is symetry. all artist try to center the illistration on a page.

ok, look at the 1st 7 crewman across the front. they are even across the page thereby keeping symetry. look at the back 2 characters(which i assume are rough sketches of the character that would eventually be frankie and brook). they are not center on the page, as if their should be another character staning beside frankie. i think this page was altered to keep us from finding about the last crewmate.

since their are 7 charactera already across the front then no one else can on the front row. that eleminates any possible character that is 6 foot or shorter, since robin is on the front row and she is 6'2".

the next nakama will be pretty tall, around the height of frankie and brook, which leads me to believe that a fishman will join. most of the fishman we have seen have been pretty large.

Mad Wanze
January 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
In just one chapter (610) we already have two better possibilities than hachi if a mermaid\fishmen needs to join the crew. So let's analyze pros and cons.

Hyouzou

Pros - he already has a nickname (assassin), and we know that to be a strawhat you need to have one. Octopus like hachi, but much stronger, much more interesting (not so hard to be more interesting than hachi, i know), poisonous and blue. He could hold a fight against the strong enemies of the new world, probably

Cons - too much of a Zoro-like personality so far. swordsman, drinker, cool-headed. and we already have 2 swordsmen in the crew. Also, another male... 9 males and 2 females would make too much of competition, really.

Shirley

Pros - Hot. Fair and simple. You never have enough beautiful girls in a long journey in the Grand Line. Loved the way she stared at Luffy after the usual poop question (finally someone who gets pissed off!!). She seemed to have Coc Haki :D. As a mako (the fastest fish) mermaid (the fastest race), definitely the fastest swimmer of the world. She's a fortuneteller, too.

Cons - Like all mermaids, we don't know how well they could beheave\walk on land. Also, can she fight? Is she hotter than Nami? Will Hancock be jealous?

My vote goes for Shirley! Even if her reaction to her foretelling is a little hysteric, isn't it?

Schabrak
January 13, 2011, 06:12 AM
Problem with Shirley is, that she's really big and would be the third big character in a row to join the crew, though she's niceXcreepy looking and should have be in the age to freely select between fin and feet. Well it's to Oda how he chooses to develop all those new characters and show us their protential, even if they wont join in the end.

RezzieThaRapper
January 13, 2011, 11:09 AM
As of the new chapter we have a even wider choice... and the list will probably continue to grow until we get a good portion of the arc done.

Hyouzou - Poisonous (possible senbon needles), a swordsman good enough to block a 2nd gear technique, and he is most likely even greater under water. My problem with him is that he seems to be samurai based like Zoro, now if he had a little unique approach with his swordsman ship like brook and his fencing, he would be hire up. Nico Robin needs another assassin friend though, and Zoro needs someone to back him up.

Shirley - (I DO NOT AGREE SHE IS HOTTER THAN HANCOCK) She is a likely canidate, most likely the fastest swimmer under water, and even is she isn't over thirty who cares, has weird things like walking stopped Oda before. She's a fortune teller, and that is really cool in itself. She probably can fight too, after all she is a form of shark.

Surume - Release The Kraken - need I say more

Hacchi - not as skilled as Zoro or the other fishman, but he is a little more unique, and he could be the secondary cook

Keime - She is one of the most recurring characters since Buggy

The Mermaid Prince or Princess - Maybe Luffy destroys FI in the process of saving them

Caribou - he still is a valid choice no matter how you splice it...

Now here is an alternative that no one would see coming... all of the above (give or take one or two) - Start the new New World out strong.

chess4
January 13, 2011, 11:25 AM
luffy said early in the series that he would find a crew better than shanks. i would assume that this pic is the top fighters in the red hairs

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-580/page010.html

just my guess is that i count 4 sword users(or what appear to be sword sheaths they are holding), so just by this anoher sword user would be ok.

since the strawhats have left SA, we have meet a lot of characters and a few others mentioned. i will go over each one that could possible become a strawhat. just a not, i think jinbei is completely out of the equation now. i think he is the leader of the fishman pirates and it will stay like that.

caribou- a lot of people seem to like caribou joining. yes he is a logia, but we havent seen any abilites from him yet. i dont think he will join personally because none of the strawhats have just killed another for no good reason. he killed fake sanji in cold blood, and he has that evil look about him. my vote he is out

krakenthe kraken is great, but i think it would be 2 much on oda to draw him every week, and he would be a huge handy cape in a fight. plus whenever rhings kick up on fishman island he will not be there because he is 2 big. my vote, he is out.

hammondi dont think an explanation is needed. he is out,

caimishe is fun, but she isnt strong enough. she is out

vanderdekken-one of the most interesting characters so far. we dont know enough about him yet, but apparently he is an 11th vanderdekken to haunting the ocean floor. we will more of him soon enough. my vote, maybe.

the big shark that came from krakkenoda wouldnt draw him for no reason, specifically point him out in a chapter. he will play some type of roll, how big remains to be seen. maybe he is a fishman or just a plain shark. my vote, maybe.

hordy jones he wants luffy for something, but he doesnt seem to have bad intentions for him. maybe he needs luffy's help. defintely one of the most interesting character so far. oda hid his face, and he wouldnt do that for no reason. he looks like a shark type, so he probably is super strong, espcially if hyouzou took a blow from luffy and walked away and he follows him. my vote, maybe (woould be happy if he joined.)

pappugghe is cool, but defintely not strawhat material, my vote, he is out.

splish and spatterlol, poor sanji. they will not join, or at least for sanji's sake.

madam shirley-thats a big fine women. she is great eye candy, but i dont think my boy sanji could stand more than 2 women on the ship. her tail hasnt split yet, so that would be a burden to the others. plus she can see into the future somewhat. that would get annoying quick warning the strawhats of coming danger. i think that would put a damper on the adventure a bit. she is cool, but she is no better than boa or maugerite 2 me. my vote, she is out.

"assassin" hyouzou-is it just me or does he kinda look like afro samurai(for all those dont know who that is, google it:p) he is strong enough to take a blow from luffy, but not just that, he was still aware enough to poison him. he is cool as hell and fights with a sword, plus he is poisonous. i love it, i cant wait to see what the fishman want with luffy. a very important, luffy seems to have taken a liking to him or at least notices him, and we all know that he has a one track mind when trying to recruit members my vote maybe.

the royal family(fukaboshi, ryuboshi, and manboshi, king neptune,and the mermaid princess.) the king will not join for obvious reasons. fukaboshi looks grest, but he is next in line to be king, so he will not join the same way vivi couldnt. the other 2 brothers look like they depend on big bro and none of the their tails have split, so i say no. the mermaid princess we have not seen and she is younger than the others, so i say no on her as well. my vote, all of them are out.

as of right now, my top 3 characters seen or mentioned so far that could join the strawhats are hordy jones, hyouzou, and the big shark. in no particualr order.

questions
thats how i se

Uriel
January 13, 2011, 12:51 PM
So as far as we go then there is no clear candidates.

How sad. I wonder if could ibe someone under Jinbei command, so I guess we wont see it until Luffy meets him again.

Akainu
January 13, 2011, 02:14 PM
this thread is closed until further notice due to heavy rule violation. it still is forbidden to take the talk of the latest chapter outside for a full 48 hours

chess4
January 24, 2011, 04:19 PM
so as of now, i only see 3 possible options for a new strawhat on this island. vandder dekken 9, hyouzou, or someone we see in fishman dojo. if its not 1 of the 3 then i dont see them getting a member

Syzerd
January 25, 2011, 04:53 AM
Since i saw the timeskip i found myself thinking that brook could be the last member joining, but i hope a Fishman joins.

If you look at the crew you see an animal, a cyborg, a dead guy, and humans. Its a multiracial crew, so a fishman would fit very well in the SH, and it could give a big advantage to them since there are 4 fruit users.

For the choosen one, I too am looking to Van Der Dekken more closely but i can't say anything before i see him flesh and bones, or boneless lol he could be some kind of jellyfish or octopus =P.

If it's not a fishman to join i really don't have a clue, maybe a normal human. But if it is a normal human it have to be an awesome character.

Bhoot
January 25, 2011, 05:06 AM
Im actually gonna rule out New Fishmen Pirates coz they seems to relly too much on the pills . As what I can see , there will be someone who will be shown to either have given them the pills on purpose or someone will come to FI to get them .

Only after that will we be seeing the real story of the arc . So untill then i think its best to w8 and watch . Also remember they Neptune was called a coward . We still don't know why . I personally have my money on one of his royal guards / sons . This will add a completely new type of character to the group , one which is self righteous [i mean follows the rules to the core and all] .

Jorge D. Dragon
January 25, 2011, 05:09 AM
I hope we'll see Van der Dekken in Luffy's crew, even though we haven't seen him propperly.:) He is rather mysterious character with bounty on his head, so he should fit well in Luffy's crew.
Also I hope he won't be the last member to join.:)

Mad Wanze
January 25, 2011, 05:55 AM
If a merefolk must join, i hope it'll be Shirley. She is the fastest living being in the water (Mako is the fastest fish and mermaid the fastest race), she is a woman, a hot one, and she has new skills to add to the crew, like divination. Plus, maybe she is a good fighter too (she is a shark after all)

chess4
January 27, 2011, 04:16 PM
i figure it like this. since marineford and g1 has switched places when the strawhats surface in the new world, they will have to pass by it. i think this is were they will get their new bounty posters to update the price and the picture since they are old ones. the thousand sunny isnt the biggest ship, so sleeping space would be a problem. a fishman or merman could sleep in the aqaurium and it would be just fine.

my point is if the strawhats dont get a crewmate here regardless of who it is, i dont see them getting another period unless its a marineford prisoner or something very early in the new world.

the crew has been through so much together, the ennies lobby battle and the split was a terrible ordeal. i dont think oda could risk having a character joining to late that would be made to feel like an outsider to the readers.

i say all this 2 say, that my hopes all along have been that a fishman karate user would join, but if hyouzou joins then im ok with it.
the 3 princes nor the mermaid princess will join the strawhats. i ay this because they cant afford to be openly affiliated with the strawhats because of the govenrment.

Lord Rayleigh
February 02, 2011, 10:59 AM
I really like the appearance of the big fishman with glasses looking at Madam Shirley. He is the one (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/74136489/15) in front of the fishman wearing a Crimin t-shirt. That would make a great imposing nakama. Somehow, I have the strange impression of having seen him already. Does anyone have an idea where he could have appeared before ?

chess4
February 02, 2011, 12:11 PM
http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-000/page008.html

big dude behind crocus

Lord Rayleigh
February 02, 2011, 12:25 PM
That's not the same character, even though he is also imposing.

chess4
February 02, 2011, 02:22 PM
yea i know...im just saying thats the closet i have seen 2 that character

Lord Rayleigh
February 02, 2011, 03:04 PM
I guess his fishman species looks a bit like Kaneshiro's (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kaneshiro).

chess4
February 03, 2011, 05:43 AM
whoever the next member is will have to have the potential 2 be the greatest at something.

luffy-greatest pirate
zoro-geatest swordsman
sanji-greatest cook
usopp-greatest sniper
frankie-great shipwright

chopper-greatest doctor
robin-great archeologist
nami-greatest navigator
brook-greatest muscian

regardless of what kind of fighter he/she has to haVE THE POTENTIAL 2 be the best at something. the only other relevant possesion i can think of is helmsman and its a position in the one piece world because burgess is one.

i persoanlly think that oda cant wait to long to have another member join the crew since the new world is after this.......the only other thing is if they find a prisoner eho joins at g1

sinceVDD is out now, my bets are on hyouzou and a fishman from the dojo

kulugo
February 03, 2011, 08:28 PM
shirley joining would be cool..

Jorge D. Dragon
February 05, 2011, 03:51 AM
chess4
It would be good to have greatest Helmsman.:) Though there is also a possibility that they will get some giant Fishman or merman.:) It will benefit them to counter big opponents like San Juan Wolf:)

chess4
February 06, 2011, 01:46 PM
chess4
It would be good to have greatest Helmsman.:) Though there is also a possibility that they will get some giant Fishman or merman.:) It will benefit them to counter big opponents like San Juan Wolf:)

i think robin will take him on with her big hands..........anyway oda is usually good at holding serve with early stuff, like when luffy said he wanted 10 members. if they dont get one here, it will be very very early in the new world

Childo
February 06, 2011, 02:28 PM
I think the mermaid princess will be the next straw hat.
She kinda like animal and trees. She could be the botanist of the crew. Plus she had a difficult past: being locked in a tower.
She is kinda big so she could pull the ship like moh-moh do.

Mad Wanze
February 06, 2011, 02:39 PM
I think the mermaid princess will be the next straw hat.
She kinda like animal and trees. She could be the botanist of the crew. Plus she had a difficult past: being locked in a tower.
She is kinda big so she could pull the ship like moh-moh do.

ahah that would be the worst thing that could ever happen to One piece!

Childo
February 06, 2011, 03:12 PM
ahah that would be the worst thing that could ever happen to One piece!

And so, why?

Mad Wanze
February 06, 2011, 04:29 PM
And so, why?

You'd be happy to see a princess treated like a train-horse??????? that's slavery! I thought you were kiddin! XD

Jorge D. Dragon
February 06, 2011, 04:50 PM
i think robin will take him on with her big hands..........anyway oda is usually good at holding serve with early stuff, like when luffy said he wanted 10 members. if they dont get one here, it will be very very early in the new world

Yes, that's also a posibility.:) She really showed in the deep under see travelling that she impoved greatly in her DF power, so she can handle this. Or maybe Luffy can do it with his Elefan Gun.:) After one shotting Kraken that's also a posibility.;)

chess4
February 06, 2011, 05:41 PM
if vivi didnt join, i think the mermaid princess will not join either. the government would tear fishman island up if they knew that the kingdom was directly helping the strawhats via the mermaid princess so no she will not.

i dont think oda could risk waiting to long having another character join and risk he/she not being as popular as the others. the others have been through so much from the alabasta war to skypeia, water 7, and the seperation.

if they dont get a member here i think it will be a prisoner. i remember oda's original plans for frankie it was a character hardened by being in jail a long time. maybe oda still has plans for a character like that

Schabrak
February 06, 2011, 06:02 PM
That Kraken would possibly nothing but an appetizer for him, so no, everyone of the Kurohige crew has to be a menace to fear just as hinted by Oda with the crew size.

Mad Wanze: That part might have been obvious to most^^, and still if there is a character change coming, she could fulfill that role, when they flee from the destroyed FI [assuming Shirley is right and Luffy is creating a bond in the next chapters]. He probably meant why you disagreed with her becoming a botanist, which you did with that unspecified reply.

P.S.: I don't see a reason for her to join, still waiting for the Dojo!

Edit: Wouldn't it be lame to see a prisoner join them, after we had a full arc about and with them. Buggy has some, Blackbeard got some, Croco was part of them and even Jinbei was a temporary one. And we still got to see some freaky level 6ers going wild in the New World. I don't know, but what kind of person would you imagine, having the potential and background story, being held in prison and be interesting enough for Luffy? Can't see any of those 5 of 6ers get a spot in the crew right now.

Mad Wanze
February 06, 2011, 06:14 PM
That Kraken would probably nothing but an appetizer for him, so no, everyone of the Kurohige crew has to be a menace to fear just as hinted by Oda with the crew size.

Mad Wanze: That part might have been obvious to most^^, and still if there is a character change coming, she could fulfill that role, when they flee from the destroyed FI [assuming Shirley is right and Luffy is creating a bond in the next chapters]. He probably meant why you disagreed with her becoming a botanist, which you did with that unspecified reply.

^^ You're right. I'm perfectly fine with a botanist, i didn't disagree with that, it's just that thinking about the princess doing the moo moo job made me laugh! Anyway, she won't join. New World isn't a place for a complete newbie, and she would be an hindrance to the crew. Next member will be someone strong, who has already some fighting experience. the only members who didn't have any when they joined were nami, usopp and chopper(wimpy trio), and they trained in the grand line to get strong. If someone with no experience joins, he-she won't be able to reach the others' level, and that would be a waste

bittman
February 06, 2011, 07:30 PM
Chopper has fighting experience. Heck, Luffy asked him to join after seeing the 7 forms of Chopper's rumble ball in action.

Still, the point will be that even if Luffy looks to "hire" based on qualities other than strength, he seems to have a knack of finding people who are relatively strong in some regard or other. The mermaid princess's strongest quality is...her cuteness? Too early to say, but I cant imagine Luffy dragging anyone through the new world who would be in constant danger due to their own inability. Luffy admires those with great inner strength, the princess has shown none of that.

Still got a minor amount of money on Hacchi, but the longer he isn't shown for the more worried I get. Hyouzou would be my #2 bet, but I think he's got some nice combat qualities going for him in the upcoming battle and can easily see him vs a Strawhat (Zoro perhaps for the sword and drinking/lazy personality, or Chopper for the poison).

Jorge D. Dragon
February 07, 2011, 07:02 AM
chess4, Schabrak
Actually there is one person that passed some time in jail and gits quite good in Luffy's crew.:) In fact we are reterning to Jimbei.:) He is strong, he is a fishman and was in prison. Also he deffinetly had some sad backstory.

chess4
February 07, 2011, 10:51 AM
chess4, Schabrak
Actually there is one person that passed some time in jail and gits quite good in Luffy's crew.:) In fact we are reterning to Jimbei.:) He is strong, he is a fishman and was in prison. Also he deffinetly had some sad backstory.

naw jinbei is to much of a well known figure to join.....all of the strawhats were all unknowns before they joined. plus i think he is the captain of the fishman pirates

Uriel
February 07, 2011, 10:35 PM
I thought Fishman Pirates were now New Fishman Pirated commanded by Hodi Jones o.O

I think the next nakama will be on Jinbei's Dojo.

bittman
February 07, 2011, 11:02 PM
No, Jimbei took the Fishman Pirates with him and moved away from Fishman Island in order to protect it apparantly (must be some other reasons).

The New Fishman Pirates are closer to a new crew than remants of an existing. I mean, if you think Jimbei lost captaincy to Hodi Jones causing fishman pirates to do a 180, then it's total mutiny.

Sarmad
February 08, 2011, 04:56 AM
Hyouzou would be my #2 bet, but I think he's got some nice combat qualities going for him in the upcoming battle and can easily see him vs a Strawhat (Zoro perhaps for the sword and drinking/lazy personality, or Chopper for the poison).

Although i'd love to see him in the crew, i highly doubt that he could be even considered, since the crew already got their lazy, drinking swordsman. But as always, one never knows.

Aaaand he'll definitely fight Zoro. I guess he's underestimated even among the Hodi Jones Pirates and might just prove to be the 2nd strongest. It's weird enough that he is in a crew full of human hating fishmen. He doesn't seem the type.. maybe there is something else to it... or not.

As for my bet on a(or more) new Nakama, i believe we will see that character in the following arcs. Definitely someone from the New World!! A Strong female would be nice! Joining the Monster Trio and making it a Monster Quartet (although we might have to reevaluate the whole crew after seeing them fight). I am already picturing a female character with a golden heart, too much strength and hilarious interactions with chopper, nami and usopp!! Yeah .. i'd like that. ^^

chess4
February 08, 2011, 11:58 AM
Although i'd love to see him in the crew, i highly doubt that he could be even considered, since the crew already got their lazy, drinking swordsman. But as always, one never knows.

Aaaand he'll definitely fight Zoro. I guess he's underestimated even among the Hodi Jones Pirates and might just prove to be the 2nd strongest. It's weird enough that he is in a crew full of human hating fishmen. He doesn't seem the type.. maybe there is something else to it... or not.

As for my bet on a(or more) new Nakama, i believe we will see that character in the following arcs. Definitely someone from the New World!! A Strong female would be nice! Joining the Monster Trio and making it a Monster Quartet (although we might have to reevaluate the whole crew after seeing them fight). I am already picturing a female character with a golden heart, too much strength and hilarious interactions with chopper, nami and usopp!! Yeah .. i'd like that. ^^

i personally think no more women will join.....2 is enough. of the characters that we have seen so far, hyouzou has the greatest chance to join imo. we still havent seen everyone yet.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 08, 2011, 03:03 PM
naw jinbei is to much of a well known figure to join.....all of the strawhats were all unknowns before they joined. plus i think he is the captain of the fishman pirates

I wouldn't say that everyone of the Strawhats was unknown, before joining Luffy.:) Take Zoro. He was one of the most famous Pirate Hunters not only in East Blue, but all over the World. Also Nico Robin.:) She was totally well known and had more bounty then Luffy when she joined the crew.;) But if he is a Captain he might not join, because of responsibility, though he might join after Luffy bringing peace to Fishman Island.:)

chess4
February 08, 2011, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't say that everyone of the Strawhats was unknown, before joining Luffy.:) Take Zoro. He was one of the most famous Pirate Hunters not only in East Blue, but all over the World. Also Nico Robin.:) She was totally well known and had more bounty then Luffy when she joined the crew.;) But if he is a Captain he might not join, because of responsibility, though he might join after Luffy bringing peace to Fishman Island.:)

when i say wasnt well known i mean like known over all the blues.....mihawk didnt know who zoro was so he was a nobody. ok you got me with robin but she got a huge bounty for just being from ohara. jinbei is arguably the strongest fishman we have seen, plus he was a shichibuaki and former leader of the fishman pirates(well i think he took over that job agsain)

just saying someone like boa or jinbei is a no go in my book. im just speculating. during the skypeia arc, i was sure wyper was going to join, but he didnt. things will become clearer for me when we see the dojo. if there arent any good candidates tthen its hyouzou or nothin

lets not forget the strawhats are just a younger version of these guys.....
http://www.tenmangas.com/chapter/OnePiece580/190201-9.html

remember luffys promise

http://www.tenmangas.com/chapter/OnePiece1/174880-44.html

Uriel
February 08, 2011, 04:33 PM
Young version? I honestly don't think. Mostly considering the girls on the crew.

And I also don't think Jimbei is going to join, I think He'll stay on FI to re-build it after Luffy destroys everything whatever reason He has :P

Jorge D. Dragon
February 08, 2011, 05:10 PM
chess4
I think they are mostly younger version of Roger Pirates.:) Even though Luffy wants to be like Shanks, in fact he and his crew look like Roger and plenty of people even noted it including Shanks himself.:)

I agree that Jimbei is a bit too strong, though considering that the crew is really powerful now... Luffy can one-shot damn Kraken.:) I doubt many people in OP world can do this. Also Zoro and Sanji progressed greatly, so it won't be that strange to let Jimbei in, especially cause there are plenty of grown-ups in the crew like Brook, Franky and Robin.:)

Freid
February 08, 2011, 11:32 PM
The strawhats are not younger versions of neither Shank's crew or Roger's crew. Luffy has been the only person in the strawhat crew that has been likened to Roger in personality on more than one occasion, and their similarity was even reinforced when we were shown that Roger looked exactly like Luffy when he was younger. It's apparent that Oda's intention was to highlight only Luffy as being similar to Roger. The rest of the crew are merely good hearted pirates like the Red Haired Pirates and the Roger pirates, and that is as far as the similarity goes. Any other parallels made between them would be coincidence and was most probably not intended. They each have unique stories that was never meant to be likened to members of Shank's crew and Roger's crew.

Also, it is not a matter of Jimbei being too strong, but rather the fact that he has responsibilities to his crew and to Fishman Island which he would most probably return back to after the arc is done.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 09, 2011, 03:30 AM
Freid
I'd say Zoro is also paralled with Rayleigh and maybe Sanji with a second mate of Roger's crew that we'll have yet to hear and maybe even see.:)

Schabrak
February 09, 2011, 05:55 AM
Not gone into advanced mode, cries a river :P

Being a swordsman or a big mouth doesn't much of a parallel. There are just a lot of pirate crews with similar chracteristics/tropes, that will have to reappear in some way, there isn't much Oda can re-create or we haven't seen in some way already. We've got more analogies to DragonBall than to anything else.

And there I thought that those very the younger versions of the Red Hair Pirates. :D
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3488/fuushavillage.jpg

You don't have to be known by one of the most famous persons in the world to be famous yourself. Zoro was again and again recognized and feared in the Grand Line. Not saying that it was part of him being a Mugiwara too, as he still got his nickname stuck to him.

back to topic: What about a fishwoman karateka? Can't remember one single strong female giant or other species being shown in One Piece till now. :P

Freid
February 09, 2011, 08:42 AM
Like Schabrak said, both of them being swordsmen is hardly a sufficient similarity for someone to come to the conclusion that Zoro is supposed to be a younger version of Rayleigh, neither is having a scar on his eye. Being a swordsman is common in the pirate world. The similarities distinguished by Oda between Roger and Luffy have been highlighted by various different characters over the course of the manga and probably in the future, simply because they are the only ones Oda intended on making a purposeful parallel between. With that said, personality is foremost when talking about being the younger version of someone. It is only after it is clear that Oda had purposely given the two similar personalities, can appearance be used to reinforce it like Oda has done with Luffy and Roger. Zoro and Rayleigh do not have similar personalities at all and are clearly not supposed to be different versions of each other.

jakeswu
February 09, 2011, 08:48 PM
I'm looking at Hyouzou right now; he seems like the least troublesome of the lot. Wouldn't mind if Fukaboshi joined too, since he's extremely rational-minded; a refreshing change in an otherwise completely disorganised mix.

To me, Van der deckken is out of the question for the moment; he looks like too much of a crook. And a fishman who can't swim? That's pretty terrible.

Mermaids are also out for me; they are all depreciating assets, just look at what happens after age 30, they all become fat blobs (except for Kokoro, but she went that way too)

xeteboi
February 10, 2011, 01:59 AM
Under-estimating Hodi because of the pills? this character have a chance on joining the crew in my own opinion. i dont like him also but he stands a CHANCE. And also after what Jimbe have said.

Hyouzo also but im not contented until such introductions of characters.

kulugo
February 10, 2011, 07:11 AM
hodi joining.
some gags i see if hodi joins.

nami - !@#$ get out of my way you look like arlong.

S-H-I-G-U-R-E
February 11, 2011, 03:06 PM
I want Bonneeeyyyy!!!

Ipoopshootingstars
February 11, 2011, 07:51 PM
I want Bonneeeyyyy!!!

From all the characters we have seen so far I think she is the one withe the best chance of becoming a crew member. The only thing thatshe would need is a dream because she appears to fit all the other criteria IMO.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 13, 2011, 12:18 PM
Schabrak, Freid
Of course I can't say for sure that Zoro is a younger version of Rayleigh, though we also can't say that Luffy is deffinetly the younger version of Roger, though they share similar traits in behaviour, vision of life and even in appearence.
Zoro not only is a swordsman and have a scar on his eye (even though reverted), but he also is Vice Captain and was also the first Luffy's partner as Rayleigh was to Roger. Though I can say that as for now they can't be compared mostly, because Rayleigh is way older than Zoro, their difference in the age is way bigger than between Luffy and Roger. Rayleigh might have been a bit like Zoro, when he was young, but we haven't seen that much about him. Hence I won't insist that they look like much.

nickboy005
February 22, 2011, 08:43 AM
Just wanna know peoples views about the next Strawhat member...!!

1.Jinbei
2.Caribou.
3.Hyozua
4.Hachi

or anyone else.....if yes then specify.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
As for now I'm against Caribou. He is too bloody insane psucho. Also he is a coward. He isn't a type for the crew. At least it's my humble opinion.
I don't think that Hachi will actually join. He is too weak for the crew. He won't manage to defend himself in the New World.
I don't know about Hyozou. He should be actually at Usopp's level as for now, but we don't know him that much. He is a bit contadiciting character, but I don't like his image.:)

About Jimbei... I really want him to become one of the Strawhats.

P.S. There is still posibility that we haven't seen the upcoming candidate for the Strawhats yet.;) He might be in the Fishman Karate Dodjo.:)

J1nsan
February 22, 2011, 02:59 PM
I've had conversations with my friend about who the potential crew mate was and Jimbei and Caribou were both mentioned. Given Jimbei's importance to the Fishman world I don't think he's a viable option and in the past he would have let Luffy know in some way shape or form that he was willing to join him but all he does is mention that he's willing to die to save Luffy; nothing more nothing less. I also think the next logical option for a crew mate is getting a fishman/merperson or someone from that world and we possibly have or have not seen them at this point in time. Caribou is clearly going to play some bigger role in the current arc but as a crew mate candidate he doesn't seem to qualify and no one from the Straw Hats clearly seemed to like him much, which most Straw Hats have shown some interest in the new crew mates prior.

Aikidoka
February 23, 2011, 12:50 AM
1. Jimbei is the most likely possibility, but considering who else is in Fishman Island I think Jimbei should stay back to keep the peace. Granted, we don't know his status right now but if he left with the SHs FI would be losing a respected leader and face to rally around. And I think it's pretty safe to say they will have to rally together for something, seeing as the world can only have gotten less stable these past two years.

2. Caribou is a no in my opinion. Murderous psychopath, has no regard or respect for other life, killing a Marine for instance. Even Zoro and Robin, the most 'ruthless' of the Strawhats, only kill overt enemies, not people who are helpless. Plus, remember how the SHs started that uproar over Caimie being captured? Caribou's the sort of guy who captures these mermaids.

3. Hyouzou...maybe, but he doesn't seem to be one of those 'dream' guys, being all money-oriented. There's potential for him to change over the course of this arc, though, so I'm holding out hope for him.

4. Hachi, probably not. Not just the power level (or lack of), but same reason as Jimbei -- he's one of two Fishmen we've seen in FI who aren't completely militant, and therefore one of two chances for FI to have peace. He'd need to stay behind.

Mad Wanze
February 24, 2011, 11:56 AM
If a Fishfolk must join, these are the odds til now, imo

30% Jinbei

Strong enough and with a steel bond with the captain. Plus, the promise to Ace to protect his little brother

15% Youzou

Strong and "New", but lacks an inportant background til now. Maybe we'll have it in the future, but without it he won't join

10% Shirley

A mermaid of the fastest specie, a fortuneteller, and that would mean cool interactions with the other SHs, but maybe she is just too weak for the New World

10% Someone from the Dojo

We still don't know if the Dojo will be so important in this saga. Plus, doesn't really sound like it'll be a very long saga, and probably most of the checks, but the Black King, are on the board

5% Someone else

We'll see if Oda has an Ace up in his sleeve.

5% Den

Charming carachter, but he is a shipwright and we already have the best, plus he is related only to Franky. Most likely he'll stay on FI

5% Caribou

He's a Logia, and he is a funny carachter. Definitely he is strong, and he's different from all the carachters we've seen so far. But being such a psyco lowers much his chances to join

5% Hody

Hodi probably has some heart-rippin history in his past. That would mean he became an evil guy only after some major tragedy. I think, how i said in my review of chapter 615, that he is related to otohime in some way. Now, if Hodi isn't really evil and crazy but is just fighting for revenge, for sure in the end of the saga he'll be Luffy's ally against the real shadow behind the Otohime incident, be it VDD or someone else. That raises a little his chance of becoming a SH.

2.5% Shiraoshi

For the same reason Vivi didn't join, she won't too. I give her some chance because she is hungry for adventure, tough

2.5% Fukaboshi

Probably a strong fighter, but I can't see how the heir to the trone would go against the WG

10% Nobody will join

The Shs won't find anybody interesting enough in FI. Sanji has shown to be superstrong in the water now so there'll be no need for a fishman in the crew

vagabond87
February 24, 2011, 02:01 PM
King Neptune will be new nakama:eyeroll :p
He is strong, funny and thinks similiar to Luffy(Megalo and Proncess)
His strongest son fits well for new king role:darn

chess4
February 24, 2011, 03:06 PM
no one from the royal family will join. that would spell doom for the kingdom to be in cahoots with known criminals.

all of the strawhats have had flashbacks and it seems like hodi will get one.

den is a shipwright so no soup for him.

i think this arc will be about the size of thriller bark or drum island. seems like all the major players are in place already

so for me as it stands now hyouzou and hodi are the most likely to join. would be crazy if both joined. hodi more so now after this chapter.

before each of the strawhats joined they seemed to stick out as charasmatic and hodi defintely is that

lastly jinbei is defintely the captain of the sunny pirates and will not join if for nothing else becvause his bounty is higher than zoro's

Uriel
February 24, 2011, 04:08 PM
Well, I agree with the statement of the royal family.

I don't discard Den by being Shipwright, considering that his specialty is coating. I think there is more about him that we have seen. also talking about "boss" jinebi makes me think He may be part of the Dojo or the previous FP.

chess4
February 24, 2011, 04:15 PM
Well, I agree with the statement of the royal family.

I don't discard Den by being Shipwright, considering that his specialty is coating. I think there is more about him that we have seen. also talking about "boss" jinebi makes me think He may be part of the Dojo or the previous FP.

i think he will just coat the ship, would be a bit much with 2 shipwrights. frankie is great, he just doesnt know how to coat. i think den is actually the shipwright for the sunny pirates.

it would be fantastic for the strawhats to have the great white shark as a crew member.

i dont see how the strawhats can get out of this arc without having a member joining. i dont think it would be good for them to get a member in the NW.

zelllogan
February 24, 2011, 04:28 PM
I still believe no one will join during the arc. I don't think we need a new crewmember now. Brook didn't have the time to shine yet & we need to learn more about the timeskip from each character

The only one worth joining currently is Hyozou for me. A drunk swordman with the possibility of being a schizo (He didn't want to hurt luffy & was worried about the poison ... Now , he is with Hodi ???), that's what I call a worthy strawhat candidate.

Hodi,VDD & Caribou are too evil (Well, I'll give a chance to VDD because he is more crazy than evil). Jinbei is too boring. There is nothing "strawhat-like" about him. Plus, they will need him to rebuild Fishman Island at the end of the arc.