PDA

View Full Version : The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

waldo
December 06, 2006, 04:55 AM
since Brooke is an official Strawhat pirate, who do you think will be the next Mugiwara?

:p :tem :smile-big :) :darn

:blink

have fun!

Julmari
December 06, 2006, 05:34 AM
No i think they will fidn the mucisian next before going to the mermaid island

JoJoJO
December 06, 2006, 08:45 AM
I think it's going to be a female musician, from merman island

jeffhmwong
December 06, 2006, 09:40 AM
I dont think there will be any more addition to the crew any time soon.......

weixiaobao
December 06, 2006, 06:18 PM
I think there will be alot more of Strawhat addition soon (since the series going at much faster pace now and it possibly end sooner or later---sad---) so either two joined next time or like

I dont think there will be any more addition to the crew any time soon.......

or none join....

Anti-panda
December 07, 2006, 02:01 AM
I'll say what i've been saying over and over .. Ninja Mermaid.
It would be cool and the strawhats now have a aquarium in the bowels of thier ship soo.. Plus ninja/pirate mermaid thats soo. freaking cool.
Also a merwoman's tail splits at age 30 but we don't know if merpeople age at the same rate as humans ... The giants stated that they age slower so a 30 yr old mermaid might not be more than 15 - 20 by human standards and even if they age at the same rate robin is like 29 and franky is 34 if i'm not mistaken. So it's not completely out of the question.
I don't think oda will introduce the musician just yet he's been hyping that for so long I think he'll do it last and it'll be something really huge and spectacular.

waldo
December 07, 2006, 03:52 AM
I'll say what i've been saying over and over .. Ninja Mermaid.
It would be cool and the strawhats now have a aquarium in the bowels of thier ship soo.. Plus ninja/pirate mermaid thats soo. freaking cool.
Also a merwoman's tail splits at age 30 but we don't know if merpeople age at the same rate as humans ... The giants stated that they age slower so a 30 yr old mermaid might not be more than 15 - 20 by human standards and even if they age at the same rate robin is like 29 and franky is 34 if i'm not mistaken. So it's not completely out of the question.
I don't think oda will introduce the musician just yet he's been hyping that for so long I think he'll do it last and it'll be something really huge and spectacular.

hehe... ninja mermaid... cool... that sounds unique... :)

Seiken
December 07, 2006, 03:54 AM
I think it's going to be a female musician, from merman island

That would be cool. Kinda hope she will have fighting abilities or strenght that she's not aware of, that would make any fight she appers in pretty hilarious! :amuse

Darkheart608608
December 07, 2006, 06:44 AM
Who said the shaw hat got or the officer seat cover? I think there still several seat open

1. Musican like everyone said. Merman always famous for their voice. Therefore, I think a female merman should do the job.
2. Messenger, who do the information control (Like RockStar in Red Hair crew)
3. Business man to deal and buy stuff with people (I think Nami do just fine, but her main job still is Navigation, business is not her main job - just like Ussop can repair ship but he is not a shipwright.)

If we count all three of this of these in to SH crew, it will be exactly 10 members like Luffy always wanted.

Addition that also likely possible.
4. Scientist, who invent machine, and provide a way to increase power for DF user.
5. Blacksmith, who make weapon for SH crew (Ussop can do this, but like i said earlier, he is not a professional for this job, just like he can fix the ship but not a shipwright. Ussop has limit skill for this job, like when he make the tastic for Nami, he didn't know the real ability of the tastic himself)

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 07, 2006, 11:36 AM
As mentioned by the others a mermaid musician!

sahugani
December 07, 2006, 05:47 PM
as cool as a ninja mermaid would be, im gonna have to say we wont get anyone for a while since they're not really in need of a new member. for every addition, the member has been needed for either a required position on the ship or for the story's development. nami, sanji, chopper, and franky were added because all ships need a navigator, cook, doctor, and shipwright. zoro was added cause a strong guy with good insticts (in battle not directionally) mede the 2 man crew both formidable and still humorous. usopp was added cause the story called for a second strong comic relief (who brought that same humor to battle unlike Luffy after he's serious in a fight) and also, his connection to shanks through his father helped to remind us of luffy's goals. Robin was added because the new idea of poneglyphs had to be followed, but the main reason she joined is cause vivi left and with that small a crew, there would have been an empty feeling without a replacement. now there are no needed spots to fill and unless usopp gets left behind, there's no need by the story. i doubt usopp left cause he would have gotten a better goodbye. i think the next crew member will be an assistant to dr. begabanks because a scientist would be very useful and we now have a hint at a good scientist. the devil fruits are another mystery that needs solving and i think by that point in the story, chopper will need some upgrade cause the last one we saw he cant control despite its power.

Chidoki
December 07, 2006, 06:06 PM
I always thought that the Musician will be the last member but since I'm reading these theories right now I could be wrong.

Although I also thought the next crew member would also be a mermaid, at least something to make Sanji go more bonkers of having another gorgeous chick on board. Although depending on her personality and dream in comparison to Sanji's search of All Blue may prove interesting.

I do want to see a character who does a lot of really deep diving underwater as part of the crew first before the musician but whaever happens...happens.

waldo
December 07, 2006, 07:03 PM
as cool as a ninja mermaid would be, im gonna have to say we wont get anyone for a while since they're not really in need of a new member. for every addition, the member has been needed for either a required position on the ship or for the story's development. nami, sanji, chopper, and franky were added because all ships need a navigator, cook, doctor, and shipwright. zoro was added cause a strong guy with good insticts (in battle not directionally) mede the 2 man crew both formidable and still humorous. usopp was added cause the story called for a second strong comic relief (who brought that same humor to battle unlike Luffy after he's serious in a fight) and also, his connection to shanks through his father helped to remind us of luffy's goals. Robin was added because the new idea of poneglyphs had to be followed, but the main reason she joined is cause vivi left and with that small a crew, there would have been an empty feeling without a replacement. now there are no needed spots to fill and unless usopp gets left behind, there's no need by the story. i doubt usopp left cause he would have gotten a better goodbye. i think the next crew member will be an assistant to dr. begabanks because a scientist would be very useful and we now have a hint at a good scientist. the devil fruits are another mystery that needs solving and i think by that point in the story, chopper will need some upgrade cause the last one we saw he cant control despite its power.

this is one great insight... your thoughts are critical... cool!!!

weixiaobao
December 07, 2006, 07:32 PM
2 more members... and that's it... Maybe a machine gun that ate the monkey devil fruit gonna joined them

Julmari
December 08, 2006, 10:00 AM
2 more members... and that's it... Maybe a machine gun that ate the monkey devil fruit gonna joined them

That would be stupid :D (sorry for that)
if there was a gun that ate a DF in their crew that would be stupid cause the weapon couldn't increase its power
But if their ship ate a DF...

Freakzin
December 08, 2006, 11:56 AM
it would sink , u said an even sillier thing

Julmari
December 08, 2006, 02:11 PM
yeah i know

sunsun boo
December 08, 2006, 05:59 PM
hmm a nice thread btw im new here, but anyways, I bet a musician would be nice cause thats the only missing member of their crew. I bet it will be like a guy like ace, but he has like spanish robes, and he carries around a guitar, or banjo, which is also an axe or sword.

kadodo
December 08, 2006, 10:06 PM
I think it would be cool if it's a female musician. maybe it could be Luffy's first girlfriend. Since there seems to be not much romance in one piece.

mugen
December 08, 2006, 10:15 PM
huh? Luffy already has a girl, her name is Nami
anyways I think the next 2 to join will be female

Julmari
December 09, 2006, 05:16 AM
Mabey they find a female mucician who is trying to fight against a music logia type DF ?

Pevee
December 09, 2006, 06:31 PM
Did Luffy said he wanted a musician?? I don't remember that, but then again, I started reading One Piece 4/5+ years ago.

1. Musican like everyone said. Merman always famous for their voice. Therefore, I think a female merman should do the job.
2. Messenger, who do the information control (Like RockStar in Red Hair crew)

5. Blacksmith, who make weapon for SH crew (Ussop can do this, but like i said earlier, he is not a professional for this job, just like he can fix the ship but not a shipwright. Ussop has limit skill for this job, like when he make the tastic for Nami, he didn't know the real ability of the tastic himself)

It would be cool if they really have a merman musician. But I think having a Blacksmith would be a lot more useful since Zoro seems to be breaking his swords all the time. And now he doesn't have one (they broke right? or does he still have one left?)

A messenger would be good too, but I don't think it's probable. They don't really need a messenger.

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 06:39 PM
I think the messenger could be done by either nami, robin or Sanji. Nami because she has the ability to steal, getting information won't be a problem. Robin because she an archeologist and Sanji because in the recents chapters he was shown to be great at spying on the Cp9 and also in Baroque Works. In other words, no messenger is needed.

venicia777
December 09, 2006, 07:53 PM
so i am not the only one who wishes for at most two more nakama.

I just want a mermaid ( a real pet instead of chopper - ahahahaa)

and a musician-- real entertainment for once. But i dont think it will be soon-- i mean i hope not.
maybe after the next arc.

mugen
December 09, 2006, 07:58 PM
no i wish for two more nakama as well but no mermaid cuz i doubt Luffy would want a mermaid and that's farfechted
but i want the last two to be girls

Efreet
December 09, 2006, 09:17 PM
my guess of thye next nakama is a magician

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 09:19 PM
Well we never saw Oda give Luffy two nakamas at the same time, i hope that it happens one day. Also because they going to mermaid island does not mean that only mermaid live here. At least I think so.

weixiaobao
December 09, 2006, 09:23 PM
That would be stupid :D (sorry for that)
if there was a gun that ate a DF in their crew that would be stupid cause the weapon couldn't increase its power
But if their ship ate a DF...

Hey, movingstone is not stupid he just baka sometimes
Concluded, a mokey-machine gun will joined along with a dolphin who look like Sanji's sweetgirl

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 12:29 AM
Concluded, a mokey-machine gun will joined along with a dolphin who look like Sanji's sweetgirl

Always saying crazy stuff. (lol)

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 03:02 AM

:blink Is it me, or are you guys talking about something far beyond my imagination? I'm confused. :err

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:32 AM
Well even I do not understand what he said.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 03:34 AM
Okay then. Thank god it's not me.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:35 AM
I know movingstone is just crazy like that.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 03:37 AM
that's probably why he's a strawhat official member.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 04:26 AM
Maybe but regardless he's my strange nakama.

otaclub_87
December 10, 2006, 10:20 AM
Well we never saw Oda give Luffy two nakamas at the same time, i hope that it happens one day. Also because they going to mermaid island does not mean that only mermaid live here. At least I think so.

this idea makes me think of another brilliant idea..
yes indeed...two member at the same time only will be happened...if the next crew member is a TWINS......i am imagining it is from a mermaid island....uhmm..mermaid twins is so-damn-cool....(it will be as cool as the vampire twins from tsubasa teservoir, which is subaru and kamui from X Clamp)

those two twins can be both female or both male and female....they can fit different position...(a musician and a scientist)...that wouls be so cooolllllllll...and sometimes on battle they can fight together and have a combo attack....

btw...i dun think SH need a blacksmith..cause the only crew who has a weapon is zorro and his sword is always a 'legendary-type' sword..so he is not making one but more like buying or stealing or treasuring one..(on the treasure sunken ship maybe)

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 01:44 PM
Wow it's like you were reading my mind. I was actually thinking twins as well. But I think it will be better if the twins were one boy and a girl. Don't get me wrong I want girls but just don't want the team to become too weak.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 08:22 PM
Wow it's like you were reading my mind. I was actually thinking twins as well. But I think it will be better if the twins were one boy and a girl. Don't get me wrong I want girls but just don't want the team to become too weak.

It would be a lot more interesting if the two are male and femal. The guys should out number the girls nevertheless XD. Come to think of it, twins would be perfect (strangely, I also immediately thought of the vampire twins from X ) And the combo attack is simply the whole point of having a twin. Both of them would do the same acts at the same time, all the time. Double act. That would be a great comedy.

Blacksmith, yeah, they don't really need one, but it would be nice to have someone fix the come up with new weapons once in a while. Not that anyone needs it though.

mugen
December 10, 2006, 08:24 PM
no it should be more than two girls on the crew so the last two will be girls

waldo
December 10, 2006, 10:02 PM
hmm a nice thread btw im new here, but anyways, I bet a musician would be nice cause thats the only missing member of their crew. I bet it will be like a guy like ace, but he has like spanish robes, and he carries around a guitar, or banjo, which is also an axe or sword.

thanks... i think your idea of a musician is the smooth talking type... the one who is an ultra girl-magnet kind... ryt? Coolness personified...[br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 09:56:56 PM_________________________________________________

this idea makes me think of another brilliant idea..
yes indeed...two member at the same time only will be happened...if the next crew member is a TWINS......i am imagining it is from a mermaid island....uhmm..mermaid twins is so-damn-cool....(it will be as cool as the vampire twins from tsubasa teservoir, which is subaru and kamui from X Clamp)

those two twins can be both female or both male and female....they can fit different position...(a musician and a scientist)...that wouls be so cooolllllllll...and sometimes on battle they can fight together and have a combo attack....

btw...i dun think SH need a blacksmith..cause the only crew who has a weapon is zorro and his sword is always a 'legendary-type' sword..so he is not making one but more like buying or stealing or treasuring one..(on the treasure sunken ship maybe)

this is just a cool idea... actually, as i read the previous entries about two members at the same time, twins also pops out of my mind... that is just so cool!!![br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 09:58:59 PM_________________________________________________

no it should be more than two girls on the crew so the last two will be girls

and mugen, im a fan of your threads... thanks for droppin by![br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 10:00:05 PM_________________________________________________
and yeah, movingstone is just a crazy guy... einstein and da vinci is considered psychonauts in their time too ryt? :)

mugen
December 10, 2006, 10:14 PM
yeah no problem
so you think that perhaps they'll be Sanji's choice if they're girls

waldo
December 10, 2006, 10:24 PM
nope... actually, my personal choice would be 1: a scientist (since dr. begabanks is already mentioned, and i just had this thought that a kid prodigy would make it real cool) 2: im hoping for a girl nakama, but can't really decide what would it be... a mermaid is really gorgeous but mermaids are just too delicate like porcelain... it could be just like another Vivi... can't really decide what i want for them right now... last but not the least, the musician that is really mentioned from episode 1 in the anime (if im not mistaken, Luffy talking to Coby) or if not the episode when Luffy acquired Zoro and how surprised Zoro was when he found out that there are only two of them in the crew...

nyweiz, personally what do you think Mugen?

mugen
December 10, 2006, 10:40 PM
well i think that the mugiwara need a hot scientist , a female of course and for the other posistion i don't know but anyways i want te last two to be girls cuz it's cool and about the musician they're just going to make Franky into an mp3 player. ha ha ha

waldo
December 10, 2006, 10:46 PM
well i think that the mugiwara need a hot scientist , a female of course and for the other posistion i don't know but anyways i want te last two to be girls cuz it's cool and about the musician they're just going to make Franky into an mp3 player. ha ha ha

hehe... that will stimulate us for sure... one word: H-O-T

mugen
December 10, 2006, 10:48 PM
yep maybe after the merman arc we'll have a new nakama for the mugiwaras

otaclub_87
December 11, 2006, 10:05 AM
thx for the reply for the twins...its god to know that anybody has the same idea as i am...hope oda will make it happen...hehe

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 11, 2006, 03:18 PM
Thought about the "new nakama is a mermaid or someone of mermen island stuff".

Franky just entered and it would be too early for another new crewmember ...

Introducing another main character in that short time would fit in Oda's work ...

Maybe something like Vivi or Johnny/Yosaku ... temporare crew mates but not forever.

Because the next island is mermen island it is as good as impossible that a mermaid or a mermen or what you wanna call these guys would enter.

Just thought about the situation in a logic way ...

weixiaobao
December 11, 2006, 06:46 PM
the next person to joined the crew is movingstone
-crazy, old, pervert, sake loving, fish loving bastard
or -young, baka, carefree, dumbass, love to piss Zoro, and try to took over the position of captain, luffytard.....made nami fall in love with him, and constantly run away from sanji...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they got a reindeer in the crew so why not a monkey DF machine gun...?????
or a shikamaru-like scientist gonna joined... (i like mugen idea though- a hot sexy female scientist that love to exp on young guys) (the twins-idea sound good too, but if they are both female and lesbian then it an awesome idea)

mugen
December 11, 2006, 06:48 PM
a weapon/animal really is no nakama, just weapon/pet

waldo
December 11, 2006, 08:00 PM
hehe... i like movingstone's sticking up to his ideas... A great man i could say...

machinegun/monkey... that really is weird and crazy... and we've seen a lot of psychotic ideas by Oda... so everything is so damn possible....

hehe, how about a pet like a parrot or something else... pirates always have a pet bird with them... (same as the pirate in spongebob hehehe)

when im watching the skypiea arc, i thought the southbird will be their pet...

:)

Pevee
December 11, 2006, 10:09 PM
Because the next island is mermen island it is as good as impossible that a mermaid or a mermen or what you wanna call these guys would enter.

Just thought about the situation in a logic way ...

Well, I kinda figured out that logic doesn't work in Oda's world. hehe. But that's a good point though, but there're always possibilities.

Would the monkey DF machine gun be able to sing also? It would be cool if he can play some tunes with his arms, which will explode in musical melodies instead of the ordinary "boom".

weixiaobao
December 11, 2006, 10:19 PM
hehe... i like movingstone's sticking up to his ideas... A great man i could say...

machinegun/monkey... that really is weird and crazy... and we've seen a lot of psychotic ideas by Oda... so everything is so damn possible....

oh thanx, shusss, i am not that great... ha ha ha ha ...

Would the monkey DF machine gun be able to sing also? It would be cool if he can play some tunes with his arms, which will explode in musical melodies instead of the ordinary "boom".

a weapon/animal really is no nakama, just weapon/pet

so to concluded the next strawhat would be DF monkey-machine gun that can sing with bullets that replaced chopper as the official strawhat's pet

mugen
December 11, 2006, 10:41 PM
yeah they get a real official pet

Pevee
December 11, 2006, 11:07 PM
it's the best, awesomest (which is not a word, but it is now) pet in the world.

oh one more thing, can it be sublime green? or would you rather have purple?

otaclub_87
December 12, 2006, 01:15 AM
dun think there is another pet...

oh yeah...did anyone remember that luffy did recruiting member on each island repeatedly....zorro-nami-usopp-sanji..

so why does now the opinion says that they wont get the new crew immediately...besides..the oportunity of getting to the merman island does not come twice...so they should use it to recruit a mermaid to their crew

venicia777
December 12, 2006, 04:01 AM
dun think there is another pet...

oh yeah...did anyone remember that luffy did recruiting member on each island repeatedly....zorro-nami-usopp-sanji..

so why does now the opinion says that they wont get the new crew immediately...besides..the oportunity of getting to the merman island does not come twice...so they should use it to recruit a mermaid to their crew

you have a good point there. I really dont care soo much about the time frame for another nakama. Oda is a genius at twists-- whichever time he chooses will suit the story just fine.

and with a ship twice as big as Merry--- more nakama is definately an indication here.

A mermaid will be absolutely lovely- but for crying out loud not like kokoro :o

sahugani
December 12, 2006, 04:10 AM
well with the new nakama on each island thing, that was at the beginning when the top priority was building a decent cast. even then you could count nami for either buggy's island or for her hometown but not both. then no one was recruited on rogue town, little garden, the entire skypeia arc, or the long island.

its amazing how fast even the best logic gets lost to idealists in these theory threads. i stick to my already posted theory that they will not get a new nakama until they meet dr begabanks and it will be his assistant.

Julmari
December 12, 2006, 09:56 AM
njaah it shall be a mucisian Say I!

otaclub_87
December 12, 2006, 10:10 AM
well with the new nakama on each island thing, that was at the beginning when the top priority was building a decent cast. even then you could count nami for either buggy's island or for her hometown but not both. then no one was recruited on rogue town, little garden, the entire skypeia arc, or the long island.

its amazing how fast even the best logic gets lost to idealists in these theory threads. i stick to my already posted theory that they will not get a new nakama until they meet dr begabanks and it will be his assistant.

what??? dr begabaml assistant???
so the crew you predict comes from the marine side.....is that make sense??

Julmari
December 12, 2006, 10:55 AM
no i think he thought a assist whom is not in the marine or not a pirate hes like chopper? am i right sahugani?

waldo
December 12, 2006, 07:50 PM
A nakama from the marines is again something new and a great idea indeed! I even think (and hopes) smoker would join them... but that is just pathetic... (but it would be real cool right???)

but i think smoker will be admiral (and coby) by the time luffy is pirate king...

but the real beauty of one piece is it is logically illogical... gets?

a reindeer doctor and a frog shipwright... whatelse? anything is possible... Oda is God... in his own world... :)

sahugani
December 13, 2006, 03:14 AM
exactly. begabanks' assistant is logical on many levels.

first, the available positions on the ship are pretty much gone so the only spots would be like robin, whose job applies to the story rather than the pirate lifestyle. one of the remaining one piece mysteries lies in the devil fruits so a DF researcher would make sense

second, we've seen the strawhats sway many marines to favor them, so it makes sense that eventually on would come that would prefer them over the marine corruption

third, a devil fruit researcher would make sense in combination with chopper. chopper's latest trump card in battle was the monster point, but it's not something he can pull out any time. he's gonna need an upgrade to stay in league with the other strawhats, so just like usopp upgrades nami's weapon, chopper should get someone to help him advance his rumble balls

lastly, as we've seen each strawhat grew up in the shadow of the greatest in their respective fields (except nami and arguably zoro). begabanks is established as the greatest DF researcher, so his assistant makes sense

Julmari
December 13, 2006, 10:11 AM
yup

and it would be cool cause he could two improve Luffys DF?

Pevee
December 14, 2006, 01:03 AM
Luffy would be god (after Oda)!

btw, can a person eats two DF?

mugen
December 14, 2006, 01:10 AM
no a person's body would explode

kadodo
December 14, 2006, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I don't think a person could eat two DFs. ONly death awaits somebody that does so. Anyways, back on topic I think that the next nakama will definitely be the musician but I'm wondering if it will be the last one of the crew.

venicia777
December 14, 2006, 02:11 AM
and i dont think anyone should ever try that-- as Lucci or was it blueno explained looking at what one does to the body only a full will like to go for two.

a scientist will be great for the team. A musician is a must.

sahugani
December 14, 2006, 03:30 AM
ya i think that the scientist will be the next one to join and the musician will be the last

venicia777
December 14, 2006, 03:39 AM
ya i think that the scientist will be the next one to join and the musician will be the last

Funny-- me too :woo i have always thought that oda will intentionally leave what Luffy himself requested for for probably the last addition or at the moment when we nor Luffy ever expected it.

Kaizoku-Syn
December 14, 2006, 04:15 AM
You know how pirates usually have a pet, do you think Luffy will get a parrot or something along those lines? I have a feeling when they visit the scientist, instead of getting him Luffy might get a bronze statue that a Tori Tori Fruit (bird) ^_^. Cause Luffy always wanted a bronze statue but never got one, so I think that this would be a very wonderful and awkward suprise for many.

kadodo
December 14, 2006, 12:43 PM

If it is a scientist I wonder if it will be the one that Coby talked about.

waldo
December 14, 2006, 01:03 PM
the one that coby talk about is Dr. Begabanks and he is working for the marines... but as sahugani's theory goes... an assistant to him will make a good nakama... (like sanji is to redfeet) plus the strawhats growth will be really applicable to that assistant of dr. begabanks.. if that's how it will go... but yeah, an assistant to dr. begabanks is fit to be their nakama... and i support the stand that the musician will be last... :)

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 14, 2006, 03:03 PM
You know how pirates usually have a pet, do you think Luffy will get a parrot or something along those lines? I have a feeling when they visit the scientist, instead of getting him Luffy might get a bronze statue that a Tori Tori Fruit (bird) ^_^. Cause Luffy always wanted a bronze statue but never got one, so I think that this would be a very wonderful and awkward suprise for many.

I don't think there will be another animal besides Chopper ...

I think Chopper is the same like a pet of the SH (for Oda and the marines :D)

weixiaobao
December 14, 2006, 05:41 PM
Maybe smoker joined them,... bc he so upset with the pirate king and stuff...

otaclub_87
December 15, 2006, 10:45 PM

so the first one to get...is a musician

next...is a scientist..

and who thinks that the straw hat needs an artist...huhu....Mr.2 suits perfectly.....where is s/he now??

sahugani
December 16, 2006, 03:19 AM
you mean mr. 3 if you are thinking artist and that would never happen

also, although its not certain due to oda's unpredicatability he gave us the impression that there will be 10 nakama (any more and the base of main characters would be too spread out) and i doubt that oda would just give in to luffy's whim of getting a musician unless its the last member to join. the logic for a scientist is pretty solid. for a musician to join there would have to be a story connection to tie him into the overall plot before he joins. if you notice everyone currently on the ship plays an important role in the care of the crew and ship except usopp and robin. unlike any of the others they have connections to broader aspects of the overall story (usopp's father is with shanks and robin uncovers mysterious history). with the current crew and place in the story, the only reason i can see for a musician to join is if he had a connection to connect the strawhat's journey to the overall plot leading to raftel/shanks/blackbeard/pirate summit

waldo
December 17, 2006, 10:33 AM
i disagree with the artist kind of nakama... esp. when it leads to Mr. 2 and Mr. 3... both are idiots and dont have the traits of a lead role... they are just plain ugly... (can't imagine them on the opening sequence with the strawhats...)

nyweiz, actually an artist is really coming, and it is the musician... (artist = musician)

and I strongly believe that there will be a musician...

and it will probably be the last member... (since Oda gave emphasis to Luffy's desire for a musician... and making it last makes it climatic)

the musician's connection can be established by Oda in any possible way that he can think of... it will be easy for him to string stories since he is the one who created them all...

could be Gol D. Roger's son, or Raftel's gatekeeper (and i'm just making up that there is a gatekeeper... hehe), or etc...

Julmari
December 17, 2006, 03:17 PM
i too disagree whit the artist nakama(if you mean a painter :D) cause there has allready been a painter :D

mangaka
December 19, 2006, 01:49 AM
i think SH new nakama wil be:
1.one from WG
2.one from marine

jeffhmwong
December 19, 2006, 05:23 AM
I trully think there will be no addition to the SH crew.....Not just yet...

The crew is already big enough...And from the recruitment of Robin to Franky, it took more than 100 episodes....

So if u r waiting for any addition, pls wait another 100 chapters..

Efreet
December 19, 2006, 06:32 AM
i agree with mangaka's idea... a traitor from Marines.. nice :smile-big

sahugani
December 19, 2006, 02:58 PM
exactly. Begabanks' assistant...sigh

otaclub_87
December 20, 2006, 09:48 AM
is it possible that a sichibukai member being the crew?? he/she could be a strong crew addition

kadodo
December 20, 2006, 08:22 PM
If a shichibukai joins the crew, I wouldn't mind but he has to be weaker than Luffy, Sanji and Zoro. A strong character cannot just come on the crew like this. if a shichibukai were to be stronger than the top 4 on the crew, there will be some type of jealousy or worse division.

agoes
December 21, 2006, 12:58 AM
luffy now is need a musician because luffy,ussop,chopper like to sing

exclemides
December 22, 2006, 01:37 AM
dont you think its cool for straw hat's to have a flying nakama? :eyeroll

mangaka
December 22, 2006, 01:46 AM
flying nakama?smoker can fly.maybe he will join as a traitor from marines.and begabanks from WG

Efreet
December 22, 2006, 04:41 AM
i doubt Smoker would join..

or..

maybe he would and be a double agent and betray the SH

sahugani
December 22, 2006, 05:00 AM
no. as vivi and nami have shown us, no matter how much one hates the strawhats, they grow to love them if they spend time with them. that would ruin smoker's character. if we do get anyone from the WG/marines, it will be begabank's assistant or someone of that nature. sorry that i keep plugging the same idea, but it just works so well

Anti-panda
December 22, 2006, 10:30 PM
If a shichibukai joins the crew, I wouldn't mind but he has to be weaker than Luffy, Sanji and Zoro. A strong character cannot just come on the crew like this. if a shichibukai were to be stronger than the top 4 on the crew, there will be some type of jealousy or worse division.

I don't like the idea of a shinchibukai joining the strawhats since they origionally had to abandon thier crews to become shinchibukai so that makes them not value nakama... or at least not hold thier nakama as precious. So no shinchibukai should ever be allowed to join the strawhats. I had mixed feelings about them even letting ussop rejoin... he discarded his nakama ... that is not something anyone should do lightly even if they have good reason. Don't get me wrong im glad he's back but I don't think they could really trust one of the shinchibukai.
However I think thier musician may be a former marine or a marine in training who defects ... and of course they're getting a ninja mermaid. She'll be the lookout. I've decided .... that'd be awsome.

waldo
December 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
hehe... ninja mermaid eh?

a mix of naruto and the little mermaid... :)

nyweiz... Ussop's back... he didn't discard his nakama... it is just the way of a pirate to make a stand to his words and principles... he did leave the strawhats simply bcoz he dont want to let go of Goin Merry... thus, he went to save Robin too... never let himself out of action...

he is a certified nakama so please dont discard him...

about the shinchibukai... never possible... i bet on it... my theory is ten crew members... they are 8 already, so two more... could be the scientist and the musician...

venicia777
December 23, 2006, 01:47 AM
hehe... ninja mermaid eh?

a mix of naruto and the little mermaid... :)

the reason why i even liked the ninja idea is that it reminds me of assasins. A real assasin among the crew but one that will die for the crew. But i wonder, does anyone really want to see a truly cold killing personality on the Sunny Go :p?

nyweiz... Ussop's back... he didn't discard his nakama... it is just the way of a pirate to make a stand to his words and principles... he did leave the strawhats simply bcoz he dont want to let go of Goin Merry... thus, he went to save Robin too... never let himself out of action...

he is a certified nakama so please dont discard him...

well, most of us know that irrespective of the reasons Ussop will have the greatest inclination to not let go of Merry. What is most important is that he came back. and God forbid- that next time it will be franky fighting for Sunny Go (it wont happen :loool)

kadodo
December 23, 2006, 02:55 AM
the reason why i even liked the ninja idea is that it reminds me of assasins. A real assasin among the crew but one that will die for the crew. But i wonder, does anyone really want to see a truly cold killing personality on the Sunny Go :p?

A ninja will be perfect. however, I don't know if fans will see it as a copy of naruto.

Anti-panda
January 12, 2007, 02:01 AM
A ninja will be perfect. however, I don't know if fans will see it as a copy of naruto.

I think the strawhats will also get 2 new members in the year to come.
well i've thought about the whole naruto / one piece thing and Oda can get around that by simply making her like a real ninja.
you know sneaky and not loud. also no really absurd chakra uses ...illusion stealth and science. More like real world ninja's ... not like naruto.
So here is my revised crew strategy roster....
At least one of them will be a Df user but not a Logia type ...maybe a paramecia type (Something to do with sound. Bone Flute no mi, or Tuning Fork no mi. something like that.) for a musician, and a merwoman as a scout/spy/lookout. Those would be my ideal additions for the Strawhats crew.
Plus it would be kind hard for a merman/woman to be a musician what with the webs ..... make it kinda hard to play some instruments let alone draw out musical scores. Remember arlong said that even thou they know the ocean so well they have trouble drawing maps.... thats why they needed nami.

sahugani
January 12, 2007, 05:03 AM
we're only halfway through One Piece and we just got a new nakama and a new ship, so i doubt we'll see another nakama any time soon. what i predict is that while the strawhats have their merman island adventure, Blackbeard will have turned in Ace to the World Gov't. when Luffy leaves merman island (on the side of the New World) and finds out Ace is captured, the rescue Ace arc starts. By invading a WG stronghold (again), they are put in contact with Begabanks and his assistant. after the events of that arc unfold, the assistant becomes a nakama. he fits the profile for the recruitment (disciple of "World's Greatest ___"), the strawhats should have a WG/Navy traitor, his knowlege of DF would lead to Chopper's next uber-technique, and lets face it, the strawhats have filled all real ship positions already. a ninja would be too much like zoro, i'm sorry to say. any extra position (except musician who will be last and much later on) would be the same type as Robin, whose unique knowledge applies to one of One Piece's great mysteries.

OP_overlord
January 13, 2007, 12:50 AM
they still need:
1)- a helsman (chopper is not that good at it)
2)- a sneaky guy (not just an assassin like robin was)
3)- singer (i.e mermaid with a DF that controls sound /sond waves)
4)- scientist might not be bad but the would mess with choppers 2nd positives
5)- a scout/look out maybe another person with one of the bird DF (that are rare, like Pell, or the mermaid singer could do both and be the look out from below teh boat)
6)- i still want a logai DF user btu idk what he could do

sahugani
January 13, 2007, 01:30 AM
well scientist ive well established my opinion
Singer - i believe the musician will be the last nakama
logia - doubt it
as for the helmsman and scout, unlike the other crew positions (doctor, cook, shipwright, navigator) those arent exactly roles that can get alot of praise through talent. each of the current "ship role" members was the student of the greatest ____ in the world. i doubt there are any more ship roles that a person can have high status through skill

ax999
January 13, 2007, 06:06 AM
i believe that the musician will either be the last nakama or will never actually be a nakama and the 'search' for one will just stay as a recurring joke throughout the story. i would think that any new nakamas are going to be added before the new world or very soon after, or not at all... i mean the characters wouldnt have time to develop if they appear at the end of the whole story.

2)- a sneaky guy (not just an assassin like robin was)

isnt nami sneaky enough?

jeffhmwong
January 13, 2007, 06:49 AM
Yes...i agree with ax999
I think the musician is just a joke stired up by oda.

I dont think they will even recruit a mermaid. Tats Y till now I did not cast any vote in this discussion

Luckas
January 13, 2007, 07:18 AM
I second the idea about the musician as a running joke by Oda, and I really would be happy if a beautiful mermaid will join the mugiwara pirates.

sushi
January 13, 2007, 07:47 AM
beautiful mermaid and strong + can sing

that's gonna lighten up the girls and stabilize the amount of girls guys on the ship

seishiro kuki
January 14, 2007, 03:35 AM
I want a beautiful mermaid to be a crew...
Sanji would probably agree,,, :)

sushi
January 14, 2007, 03:55 AM
he will go all mushy around her
hope she won't look like kokoro

OP_overlord
January 14, 2007, 12:05 PM
then she would not be beautiful she would be the oppiste of beautiful and saji would love teh hot mermaid

Anti-panda
January 16, 2007, 12:44 AM
I think if they get a female mermaid she'll be younger than nami... at least in appearance due to competion for the Nee-san role with robin that would occur if she was... hmm... more "Developed" and seeing sanji dote on her would be funny... mermaid-chwan. lol

OP_overlord
January 16, 2007, 10:13 PM
she would have a better name robin would call he mermaid cause she cant remember names

sushi
January 17, 2007, 06:41 AM
yeah by the way maybe she don hav a name n luffy gave a name to her

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 08:47 PM
im not voting in teh pole but opinoins on those new members

a whiz kid (scientist)- maybe dr. bagebank's son or apperentice (they could give the SH's WG info and help chopper make new meds and rumble balls and what not)

magician - do they have magic (i think that they are set with DF)

a monk - always good to have (prays but is kool but idk them getting one cause kuma looks like one to me and they will fight him )

and the last to should be combined so it is a beautiful, yet distainful mermaid that has a great voice but she shold be strong too cause she is a merperson and they have crazy physical strength

mugen
January 17, 2007, 08:48 PM
a whiz yes but why does it have to be a kid?
I agree that it might be someone related to Dr.Begabanks

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 08:49 PM
cause the crew is young and it should stay that way cause evey one underestimates them cause they are kids

sahugani
January 17, 2007, 08:53 PM
the scientist is by far the strongest idea with the most foreshadowing, most need, best fit with the crew, follows the pattern for nakama, etc. and it wont be a kid cause then he'd just be like chopper with his innocence

mugen
January 17, 2007, 08:56 PM
the scientist is by far the strongest idea with the most foreshadowing, most need, best fit with the crew, follows the pattern for nakama, etc. and it wont be a kid cause then he'd just be like chopper with his innocence

that's what i'm trying to say :noworry
anyways it should be a hot, kawaii, sexy,big bust girl with sexy glasses kinda like Califa but even hotter which might be difficult for Eiichiro :noworry

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 09:43 PM
idont know we have a 27 hot woman (robin) and oda ouldnt make another person just like her but i se your point it cant be a small kid and be like chopper

jeffhmwong
January 18, 2007, 05:59 AM
I bet the new nakama will be someone who can fly.

I m betting hard on this...

nemy123
January 18, 2007, 10:01 AM
I hope that it won't be a scientist...kinda ruins Usopp.

OP_overlord
January 18, 2007, 10:53 AM
it would be kool to have someone to fly but just as kool to have a mermaid i want either one of them on teh crew

sahugani
January 18, 2007, 12:14 PM
how would a scientist ruin ussop? if as i explained this scientist will be Begabanks' assistant (a DF researcher), he would be in biological/chemical sciences. Usopp is a master of invention, so there's a greater risk of Franky taking over that aspect of Usopp's character. as for mermaids or flying nakama, we wont get a mermaid since the upcoming merman island arc wont end with another new nakama and it wont be a flying one cause thats just too rare (but i'll admit its possible due to lack of evidence to the contrary)

Anti-panda
January 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
I bet the new nakama will be someone who can fly.

I m betting hard on this...

Thier new ship can fly err.... jump ... whatever..
I just hope the mugiwara's never get a logia type ... it'd ruin some of thier charm

nemy123
January 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
how would a scientist ruin ussop? if as i explained this scientist will be Begabanks' assistant (a DF researcher), he would be in biological/chemical sciences. Usopp is a master of invention, so there's a greater risk of Franky taking over that aspect of Usopp's character. as for mermaids or flying nakama, we wont get a mermaid since the upcoming merman island arc wont end with another new nakama and it wont be a flying one cause thats just too rare (but i'll admit its possible due to lack of evidence to the contrary)

You've got a point there with a DF researcher not ruining Usopp. I must've overlooked that. However biological/chemical sciences or resarch of the DF in particular would be only interesting for us readers to gain a better insight on them and reveal some secrets but storywise it'd be of no use imo. What could be the goal of researching the DF? Finding countermeasures for DF users? Already got them. The Seastone. Creating some kind of doping for Luffy to enhance his DF-powers aka. Choppers Rumble ball? No thanks.

sahugani
January 18, 2007, 12:44 PM
actually a DF researcher would be of huge use to the story in a multitude of ways.

1. Like the poneglyphs, the devil fruits are as of yet an unexplained phenomena and his/her inclusion will lead to te root of all DF power like Robin is finding the true history

2. Pretty soon, Chopper's gonna need an upgrade. Unlike Zoro and Sanji, Chopper's upgrades for fights so far have been new applications of rumble ball rather than fighting techniques. as a DF researcher, the new nakama could help advance Chopper's power similar to how Usopp upgrades Nami's climatact

3. With the newly found abilities of BB, a DF researcher could help discover a weakness. however, i still believe it wont be the Strawhats that take BB down, but it will be the Redhairs

4. in terms of his recruitment, he'd fit the profile of a Strawhat perfectly as Begabanks' apprentice

nemy123
January 18, 2007, 02:43 PM
1. Like the poneglyphs, the devil fruits are as of yet an unexplained phenomena and his/her inclusion will lead to te root of all DF power like Robin is finding the true history

They are an unexplained phenomena, yes. A phenomena which sole use was in being a means to fight. With the introduction of BB's darkness DF and it's uniqueness its up to Oda how much emphasis he puts on the DF. It depends on how strong BB's DF-power will affect the story (i.e. like BB being a threat to the whole world because of his mysterious power). So the the need for a DF depends on how Oda will use BB's power for the story.

2. Pretty soon, Chopper's gonna need an upgrade. Unlike Zoro and Sanji, Chopper's upgrades for fights so far have been new applications of rumble ball rather than fighting techniques. as a DF researcher, the new nakama could help advance Chopper's power similar to how Usopp upgrades Nami's climatact

Wouldn't that be too easy? Who knows, maybe Chopper will later on reflect about his inability to win the fight without having to rely on his unpredictable devil-rampage and start training like Zoro does after fights. He didn't have much time to think since the CP9 thing did he?

3. With the newly found abilities of BB, a DF researcher could help discover a weakness. however, i still believe it wont be the Strawhats that take BB down, but it will be the Redhairs

I also think that it will be Shanks and his crew but if the Strawhats have to it'd be like I said earlier. If it is a 'normal' man vs man fight with BB like with the previous bosses I don't think that a DF researcher is needed to find out his weakness. If BB has become some kind of godly superhuman(apart from the 'normal' superhumanity of DF and Logia users) then I'd agree with you, yes.

4. in terms of his recruitment, he'd fit the profile of a Strawhat perfectly as Begabanks' apprentice

It'd find into the profile, but I don't think it'd be Begabank's apprentice though. Would be kinda predictable.

sahugani
January 18, 2007, 03:03 PM
well attack my logic all you want. It's true that Oda is without a doubt the most unpredictable mangaka ive ever seen, so chances are we'll be thrown for a loop. i just think its better to try to find some thread of logic and follow it than just randomly guessing ideas that though entertaining, would be far less likely even with Oda's unpredictability and would not allow even half of the storyline potential that my conclusion does

nemy123
January 18, 2007, 03:47 PM
Well your conclusion sure fits into the pattern of the story but it's way too much like a deus ex machina(BB too strong => Strawhats + upgrade through new member = BB beaten) for me.
I don't see why an apprentice of Begabanks is needed. Just because BB seems to be a threat to the Strawhats they need to undergo an upgrade? As far as my memory is right most of the Strawhats developed strengthwise during the fights, not before (The only exception being Nami since her strength depends on the strength of her staff). And even if Oda is being the unpredictable mangaka he is and decides to let a scientist join the crew, he would've to do it like he always does. He'd have to create a touchy arc,provide a reasonable backstory and a reason to join the Strawhats. And regarding the upcoming pirate summit, the introduction of the four emporers and BB fighting Ace I don't see where such an arc should fit in. Thats my thread of logic.

Edited because of reference to the last chapter. Those informations, outside his specific discussion thread, are allowed only one week after the chapter release. Luckas

sahugani
January 18, 2007, 04:07 PM
yay. finally, a worthy opponent that likes to argue with logic. this is going to be more fun than Mugen during the start of the "paper Ace gave Luffy" thread. first of all, the BB reason is the least of my reasons and i just thought of it off the top of my head. as i said, i think Shanks will be fighting BB so that reason wouldn't really apply and i just included it in case the Strawhats do fight him. regarding the fights, its not like the strawhats created the uber moves mid fight. they create them beforehand in secrecy and then perfect them during the fight. by creating an upgrade for chopper, chopper can learn to use it during the fight. and about the correct arc to introduce him, i couldn't think of a better time for him to pop up than in the New World. with the strawhats now fixed on the WG's radar, the possibility of Ace being turned into the WG, a war between the 3 powers (assumed) sparked by Ace's fight, and the fact that this coming arc is underwater so DF combat will be lessened meaning that the next arc will be DF heavy, the Strawhats will definately be coming into contact with WG and leads to a good chance of running into Begabanks. as for a backstory, unknowingly losing his family to the WG before Begabanks found him would lead to his joining the Strawhats when he finds the truth

Edited because of reference to the last chapter. Those informations, outside his specific discussion thread, are allowed only one week after the chapter release. Luckas

OP_overlord
January 18, 2007, 04:15 PM
idk i dont see a realy reason for a scientist to join the crew but they could takl to them and just get so help chopper and the rumble balls, seastone bottem of teh ship so seakings would attack them

i wat to see the SH training for like one chapter i liked the mini arc with coby and hellempo traing with garp and them coming back and being really strong it was good to see that cause even tho i love this manga it is a little to random with their powers just coming out of nowhere and them becomeing strong in seret

and teh SH will fight WB will shanks and crew take on BB cause shanks needs to get BB back for the scars

just because they are going to mermaid island means nothing they could still get a merperson as a nakama it would be a sencible place to get a merperson

and y dont you want a logia DF user on the crew it would make the crew stronger and would put one of each on the crew (two paramicia) and teh same goes for a flying type luffy only wants specialist and you would have to be a specialist if you had a flying zoan DF cause they are so rare idk if you can just wander around and find one

sahugani
January 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
well was there a reason for Robin to join as an archeologist? not until her introduction arc where the importance of poneglyphs was addressed. From the nature of Robin's recruitment, it is safe to assume we could get similar mystery into the nature of devil fruits, thus adding a need for a DF researcher.

sorry to say we wont see Strawhats training other than Zoro's daily routine. it would be nice to see when they have the time to learn these things, but i doubt we will

thank you for agreeing on Redhair vs Blackbeard, but why would Strawhats fight Whitebeard? i find it much more likely that at the climax of the war, Whitebeard is humbled and helps Luffy by fighting Sengoku. but that could work with your idea if Luffy beats WB and that humbles him so he calls off attacking Strawhats and instead attack Navy

the reason i say no merperson is because if they did get one it would have to be in merman island. the problem is, there is almost no chance of a new nakama because we just got through an arc filled with emotion due to the loss and gains of nakama. to add a new nakama in the very next arc cheapens it.

about the logia, its just too powerful. if a logia joined the strawhats he'd quickly overshadow the others. as for a flying zoan, i guess its possible, but its unlikely. i just think it would end up too similar attackwise to Pell.

OP_overlord
January 18, 2007, 07:12 PM
well was there a reason for Robin to join as an archeologist? not until her introduction arc where the importance of poneglyphs was addressed. From the nature of Robin's recruitment, it is safe to assume we could get similar mystery into the nature of devil fruits, thus adding a need for a DF researcher.

well most of teh other crwe members have dual jobs
chopper is the doctor and namis bitch stearing teh ship and what not
sanji cooks, cleans, and searves ice tea to teh girls
zoro is the B.A. of the crew and he lifts teh anchor
ussop makes things and is teh gunner
franky runs the ship and idk what else

so when teh crew meats with this dr. bagebank (or however you spell his name) she could just get some books on DF and read them and then become the arch. and the "apperintice" scientist

sorry to say we wont see Strawhats training other than Zoro's daily routine. it would be nice to see when they have the time to learn these things, but i doubt we will

idk what rutine you are talking about cause we have only seen him work out (not training his swordsmanship skillz but they are close) all he does is sleep and kick asses when he wakes up

thank you for agreeing on Redhair vs Blackbeard, but why would Strawhats fight Whitebeard? i find it much more likely that at the climax of the war, Whitebeard is humbled and helps Luffy by fighting Sengoku. but that could work with your idea if Luffy beats WB and that humbles him so he calls off attacking Strawhats and instead attack Navy

yeah luffy and WB start to fight and WB is impress with his power and they stop fighting and attack teh WG/marines (not navy) together (we combine theories yeah)

the reason i say no merperson is because if they did get one it would have to be in merman island. the problem is, there is almost no chance of a new nakama because we just got through an arc filled with emotion due to the loss and gains of nakama. to add a new nakama in the very next arc cheapens it.

all i can say is that i see your point but i still want a new nakama just for the fun of it it would make the numbers closer together insstead of it being luffy v 5000 marines (that is so annoying to me)

about the logia, its just too powerful. if a logia joined the strawhats he'd quickly overshadow the others. as for a flying zoan, i guess its possible, but its unlikely. i just think it would end up too similar attackwise to Pell.

i know what you mean logais are the strongest of teh DF user but they are kick ass and in the new world with all these stronger ppl they might need one (and they dont have to start iout being teh strongest logai DF user from teh begin they could advance steadily along with the crew)

and for haveing a flying scout type person on the boat would be kool but idk how strong pell was so it might not be worth it

sahugani
January 18, 2007, 07:34 PM
it feels good to have friendly debate.

With Robin, i've got a long explanation, but im pressed for time right now. about her reading the books to fill the role, it wouldnt work. DF research is not yet complete and the point of getting Begabanks' assistant is to keep up with the growing knowledge of them

about zoro's training, i did mean his daily workout and that there would be no technique training shown

i like the combined ideas regarding WB's change of heart

sorry if i ever seem rude to people who push for a mermaid nakama. i just get a bit stubborn when people post theories with no real evidence to back it up

nemy123
January 19, 2007, 09:02 AM
Just finished quite a long paper and am kinda tired so excuse me if some of the stuff seems kinda random and crappy

Puh, quite some stuff since I last checked so this could be kinda longer...

yay. finally, a worthy opponent that likes to argue with logic. this is going to be more fun than Mugen during the start of the "paper Ace gave Luffy" thread.
You just took the words outta my mouth.

first of all, the BB reason is the least of my reasons and i just thought of it off the top of my head. as i said, i think Shanks will be fighting BB so that reason wouldn't really apply and i just included it in case the Strawhats do fight him.
Since both of us think that Shanks will be the one, lets leave the BB thing aside. Alright.

regarding the fights, its not like the strawhats created the uber moves mid fight. they create them beforehand in secrecy and then perfect them during the fight.
I just rechecked some parts of the Water 7 arc and in case of Luffy you would be right, however Luffy himself said that after meeting Aokiji he thought that he had to get stronger. Regarding this I came to the conclusion that both of us seem to be right since Luffys statement implies that until fighting Aokiji he just took the fights head on without any training and evolved his fighting skills during those, yet it proves your point that he came up with uber moves in secrecy after the Aokiji incident.
I'll post something about the others later since I'm kinda low on time.

and about the correct arc to introduce him, i couldn't think of a better time for him to pop up than in the New World. with the strawhats now fixed on the WG's radar, the possibility of Ace being turned into the WG, a war between the 3 powers (assumed) sparked by Ace's fight, and the fact that this coming arc is underwater so DF combat will be lessened meaning that the next arc will be DF heavy, the Strawhats will definately be coming into contact with WG and leads to a good chance of running into Begabanks. as for a backstory, unknowingly losing his family to the WG before Begabanks found him would lead to his joining the Strawhats when he finds the truth

There ain't much places left besides the New World are there? Meaning there is no other place to pop up than the New world. The current and upcoming incidents will most likely result in a war, I agree with you on that. A war in which BB, WB and most likely Shanks will take part, not forgetting about Dragon and him wanting to meet Luffy which would result in a major uproar of the WG. Even though the involvement of the WG sure would provide a perfect scenario to introduce such a character I just don't see it happening. To explain my point of view I'd like to ask you a question:

Are there any pirate crews with scientists?

I can't think of any.
Up until now all the scientists we came across were living at a set location and doing experiments on their own. They were conducting their own researches and would do everything to realize their dreams. Now the motif of ones personal dream seems to fit perfectly into the Strawhats, but you have to take note that all of the Strawhats are fighters beside their main proffessions and often face 1 on 1 situation in which they have to rely on strength. Wouldn't a scientist be pretty useless in such situations? Just having them for the sake of doing their research while being on the ship doesn't fit into the Strawhats imo.
Now you could bring up the example of Usopp who is pretty much useless during 1on1 fights as well but Usopp at least managed to struggle a little or even win (Arlongpark) on previous arcs. Looking at the upcoming fights and the level of the pirates it's kinda improbable for the joining scientist to be on par with the pirate elite isn't it? Plus the idea of a superstrong scientist sounds fishy to me.

Female archelogists are hot and a neccessary just look at Lara Croft. :p

sahugani
January 19, 2007, 09:26 AM
as for the first few issues, we agree, so we'll put them aside.

As for the ability of a scientist to cope in a pirate crew. First of all, since you bring up if we've seen any scientists in pirate crews, have you seen archeologists, talking animals, or cyborgs in any others? no. as for fighting strength, in One Piece its possible to have a really strong anything. you could say the same thing about cooks or doctors before meeting Sanji and Chopper. in my view of his abilities, its true i cant see him weilding great physical strength like Zoro or Sanji and i can't see him being a DF user cause it would impede on Luffy, Robin and Chopper (no logia). what i see is him using one of the new DF weapons. not a zoan type as it has been used already twice, but a paramecia type (or a logia weapon would be cool). the truth is we have no idea what his fighting style would be, we just know his role on the ship

finally, yes female archeologists are very hot

OP_overlord
January 19, 2007, 12:11 PM
as for the first few issues, we agree, so we'll put them aside.

i hope the we takes me into account aswell because i also agree

First of all, since you bring up if we've seen any scientists in pirate crews, have you seen archeologists, talking animals, or cyborgs in any others? no. as for fighting strength, in One Piece its possible to have a really strong anything.

you are right this is one of teh reason thati love OP teh SH have a small but strong specilized crew an acrhioligist, swordsman, cook, doc/pet (sorry chopper lol), theif and cyborg, and a sniper
all crews would have a doc, sniper/gunner of some kind and a cook but you can be anything and be a pirate
BB crew is a wreastler, magician,...
you can be a giant, merperson anything and you can be a pirate

you could say the same thing about cooks or doctors before meeting Sanji and Chopper.

another good point chopper not especialy strong but he leads somethign very important to the crew and ith out him everone would die

in my view of his abilities, its true i cant see him weilding great physical strength like Zoro or Sanji and i can't see him being a DF user cause it would impede on Luffy, Robin and Chopper (no logia). what i see is him using one of the new DF weapons. not a zoan type as it has been used already twice, but a paramecia type (or a logia weapon would be cool). the truth is we have no idea what his fighting style would be, we just know his role on the ship

we have seen a "logia" weapon the sword that that preist used was a cloud logia (not really but same premas) and i was think the same way nami was not strong until ussop made her a weapon and ussop will prob upgrade franky back (unless Oda wants to keep that as his weakness and teh reason why he cant be as strong as zoro, sanji, and luffy //// but that is for a differnt topic) so ussop could make a weapon for this scientist guy...

yes female archeologists are very hot

yes but i cant think of any others but robin and croft but they are both hot

Are there any pirate crews with scientists?

i answered that look above

Plus the idea of a superstrong scientist sounds fishy to me.

yeah the wweapon would have to make him strong and he cant be a good fighter cause that would take away from luffy, sanji, and zoro's appeal

maybe kinda out of order but w/e

nemy123
January 19, 2007, 12:49 PM
As for the ability of a scientist to cope in a pirate crew. First of all, since you bring up if we've seen any scientists in pirate crews, have you seen archeologists, talking animals, or cyborgs in any others? no. as for fighting strength, in One Piece its possible to have a really strong anything. you could say the same thing about cooks or doctors before meeting Sanji and Chopper.

You may be right about almost everything being possible in OP in terms of strength but you should take into account that an apprentice of the WG's most famous scientist isn't likely to have any fighting experience or have the time for extensive training since he would be busy most of the time researching with Begabank. Plus you can't compare him with Sanji or the cooks. Yes both do not seem to have the time to train due to their jobs but unlike the Barati, the WG HQ never suffered from any direct attack (at least none that we now of) so there is no chance he could have gained strength by defending like Sanji for instance.

what i see is him using one of the new DF weapons. not a zoan type as it has been used already twice, but a paramecia type (or a logia weapon would be cool). the truth is we have no idea what his fighting style would be, we just know his role on the ship

Except for a logia weapon I don't see any chance for paramecia or zoan weapons helping him to put up a good fight. As we have seen in various fights now, its all about speed, then strength. The strongest weapon in the world is useless if the man weilding it isn't fast enough to keep up with his opponent. The scientist would still need an agility at least in the range of Zoros or Sanjis.

sahugani
January 19, 2007, 12:56 PM
what i meant about cooks and doctors wasn't directed at the specific examples in One Piece. I was trying to point out that we dont know the situation of the WG scientists. If you didn't know about Baratie, would you have thought of a cook as being a main fighter? we don't know how he was raised, so we can't automatically assume his strength is pitiful just cause he's a scientist.

you're right about the weapons needing someone capable behind them. This is especially true if its paramecia (it wont be zoan). as i said before, we cant count him out as a capable fighter just because of his occupation

nemy123
January 19, 2007, 01:33 PM
It's not completely right that we don't know about their situation. Assuming he is Begabanks apprentice he is most likely to be in the WG HQ. And we know that an attempt to attack the WG HQ is most likely suicide, so there shouldn't have been many. See what I'm getting at?
And for a cook, since a cook, a navigator and a gunslinger/sharpshooter are rather common members of piratecrews its not unlikely for them to be strong imo.

sahugani
January 19, 2007, 01:41 PM
ok. i see your point. Now think about this. as you said he is most likely living in marine HQ. this opens up possibilities. first of all, what if he recieved combat training from a friend who's a marine. Since Begabanks is admired by the purest marine ever, Coby, i'd say chances are good that both master and apprentice are very likable people and it wouldn't be hard to befriend a marine like Coby. or the basic training could just be standard for everyone in the HQ

nemy123
January 19, 2007, 01:52 PM
That's something I didn't think of. It could very well be that he's a strong fighter but I want to remind you how Coby and Hellmeppo faced off against Luffy and Zoro. They were defeated instantly. Now I know Luffy and Zoro are monsters but if even those two who specialize in combat and get trained by Garp could not do anything, how strong could a scientist receiving standard HQ training be?

sahugani
January 19, 2007, 01:55 PM
well at the moment, the idea is that he has the base strength to effectively use a DF weapon. the real power comes from his knowledge of how to apply those DF powers in combat

nemy123
January 19, 2007, 02:20 PM
Oh lol you're right, I forgot about the stuff I said myself some replies ago. So then most questions regarding a scientists fighting capability are through I guess? So I presume that we agree that he must have received standard WG HQ training and be capable of using a DF weapon to a certain level.

So far we have debated about most stuff I guess. Only thing kinda unclear is when and how he'd be introduced (if he'll be introduced at all), but without any further information on how the story develops it's no use to discuss this imo.

OP_overlord
January 19, 2007, 10:59 PM
the basic training for a marine is weak cause with a gun in his hand they still only have a dorki level of 10 and luffys is over 4000 dorki but i was thinking the same thing as sahugani if this assistant is surroded by strong guys he might learn a few things and just because his job is to study he stillhas free time on the base and he can train then (coby and hellempo had to clean all the time but they trained at night and got strong enought to start their training with garp)
and he could be natural quick and have good endurance and could train it up more when he joins the crew (luffy did have a punch like a pistol before he got the DF) and the weapon or weapons could all be logai one and he could even upgrade some of ussops bullets and but some kinda DF in them

Paz42
January 22, 2007, 08:28 AM
If you could design your ideal strawhat memeber what would there position be and what would they be.

A normal human with a fantastic skill like Nami or Ussop
An above average human like Zoro, Sanji or Franky (I dont know if franky would be counted in this class being a cyborg)
A Devil Fruit user like Luffy or Chopper

or would you like to see oda add a lot of small crew memebers that or basicaly just there for the fighting of the normal marines/pirates although i personaly believe luffy wouldnt want any body like this in his crew.

Seiken
January 22, 2007, 08:51 AM
Not to harsh, but dont we already have this kind of thread? Seriously dude, use the search option next time (That always come off rude...).
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11685.0

Paz42
January 22, 2007, 09:20 AM
no offence taken im pretty new to the whole message board thing so sorry i didnt mean to cause any offence

jeffhmwong
January 23, 2007, 07:02 AM
Ya...y not delete this thread?

Luckas
January 23, 2007, 07:31 AM
Deleting the thread is a bit too harsh, Il'll merge it with the similar thread. Luckas

Thread merged. Luckas

sushi
January 24, 2007, 02:38 AM
wow........that's very nice

Anti-panda
January 27, 2007, 01:36 AM
Well however it goes aside from the first two I always wind up liking the next strawhat member more than i ever thought i would .... for example think of all the other anime/manga you watch ... in most if not all of them you have a main character you kinda hate, or at least couldn't care less about. There is not one strawhat i don't completely love as a character... Hell i'm even severly attached to most of the secondary characters... ACE is sooo F'in cool..... I mean not Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Battle Angel Alita, XXXholic, or any of my other favorite manga with maybe the exception of Fruits Baskets has successfully Introduced and gained my favor on so many main characters.

So basically all i'm trying to say is I'm really excited and ready to meet all the mugiwara kaizoku.

jeffhmwong
January 28, 2007, 03:18 AM
I guess the next nakama might be the gentleman skeleton

infyquest
January 28, 2007, 03:27 AM
The skeleton guy might have the same role like vivi did in earlier alabasta arc

OP_overlord
January 28, 2007, 11:02 PM
yeah i think so too but if he has a great power like a logai or can summon a fleet of skeletons than he should stay

xr3b0rn5inx
January 30, 2007, 11:28 AM
Since their goin to Mermen's Island i guess he or she would be a musician but i duno think their new crewmate will be a mermaid or merman =.=.

Paz42
February 03, 2007, 07:43 PM
Wow the idea of what OP_overlord said if the gentleman skeleton could summon an army of skeletons then that could maybe fill in the gap for "cannon fodder" to fight general marines and pirates and such and then we wouldnt have to deal with a really busy ship with charcters we woulldnt need to get attatched to them the skeletons come fight then leave until needed again but i dont know if hes really going to joinas to me it seems a bit soon for a new nakama but then again oda can do unexpected things

OP_overlord
February 03, 2007, 07:47 PM
yeah that and he also has to be really really fast like his normal running speed is a notch below soru and it could happen just cause
and i only thought that they needed like two more people a scientist and a mermaid but after seeing this guy i want him on teh crew too so oda could make it happen that way and still get the others to join

luffy did want a crew of 10 before going to the grandline but he only had 6 and now before going into the new world he could get the next 3 to make a round 10

Paz42
February 03, 2007, 08:03 PM
hmmm i agree well i dont know if he would be fast but you know if your undead there are far more things you can contrabute when your fighting like not being able to die maybe hundreds of years of experiance and knowledge while im thinking about it accutualy do you think this is some one that robin could get excited about meeting ? i dont know maybe he knows alot of secrets from the past

OP_overlord
February 03, 2007, 08:06 PM
paz42 read the new chapter it answers alot of your question
but he could summon many different strengthed undead demons like he is in comand of the undead WG and he has power over admirals and vice admirals and captins and what not

Anti-panda
February 03, 2007, 08:27 PM
Just beacause you are dead or undead doesn't mean you command the legions of zombies..
I could see him and robin having some interesting conversations... But I could also see him having fun with Luffy, Ussop and chopper .... :D

Edited because of references to the last chapter. Luckas

Paz42
February 03, 2007, 08:45 PM
well no of course not but maybe he doesnt command like legions of undead but just like his old crew maybe he might be scared of ghosts but surely he wouldnt be scared of his old nakama after reading 443 im really growing attatched to him already i hope he stays

Anti-panda
February 03, 2007, 09:43 PM
well no of course not but maybe he doesnt command like legions of undead but just like his old crew maybe he might be scared of ghosts but surely he wouldnt be scared of his old nakama after reading 443 im really growing attatched to him already i hope he stays
undead legions brought back to life without souls are not the nakama you remember.

Edited because of references to the last chapter. Luckas

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 12:01 AM
ture i dont even think that he has a power i wanna know how is is a live skeleton
and i doubt he has a DF power just raw power

mugen
February 05, 2007, 12:40 AM
i just thought of something now that all of the mugiwaras have a bounty ..
will it not be weird if the new does not have one :oh

OP_overlord
February 05, 2007, 09:16 PM
yeah and kinda sad when you think that the newb on the redhaired crew has a bounty of 100 million (give or take) that make you think that shanks bounty is high then the total of luffy crew about 700 million crazy no

mugen
February 05, 2007, 09:27 PM
so yeah i think perhaps the new mugiwara to join will already have a bounty :noworry
or it would be pretty odd so i guess their new nakama will already be a criminal in the eyes of the
World Government

sahugani
February 05, 2007, 09:49 PM
so yeah i think perhaps the new mugiwara to join will already have a bounty :noworry
or it would be pretty odd so i guess their new nakama will already be a criminal in the eyes of the
World Government

...like a high ranking military scientist's only assistant who deserts the marines to join pirates...?

OP_overlord
February 05, 2007, 10:36 PM
yeah ora crazy shichubukai's right hand mermaid, or a crazy afroed skeleton (we dont know any backround on him he could be a criminal he was a pirate)

venicia777
February 06, 2007, 05:48 AM
He could. But how many pirates are like Shanks or Luffy?

The thing is even if he was bad with the strawhats he changes. Everybody changes somehow when they join that group anyways

OP_overlord
February 06, 2007, 09:30 PM
yeah and they get alot stronger whicih is good

Anti-panda
February 08, 2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah but every person to join the strawhats has had luffy say one thing about them... He/She doesn't seem like a bad person.
Now on the note of what you guys are saying ... not everyone with a pre exisiting bounty is a bad person.. Robin had a 89 million dollar bounty before she joined the strawhats.
So the pre-existing bounty wouldn't be a "new" thing for any future mugiwara's either.

OP_overlord
February 08, 2007, 10:08 PM
i like him not haveing a bounty before he joind the crew then he takes a really strong person out and catches up with sanji for his first bounty

jeffhmwong
February 09, 2007, 12:28 AM
I dont think the skeleton will join the crew. I dont see much in him compared to Franky and robin.

Hope he proves me wrong in the next upcoming episodes.

Anti-panda
February 10, 2007, 12:02 AM
I dont think the skeleton will join the crew. I dont see much in him compared to Franky and robin.

I think the strawhats need some nakama like ussop and chopper. talented within a specialized field but not the juggernauts that Luffy, zoro, franky and sanji are. I could see brooke joining and lets face it while every strawhat has to be able to hold thier own in a fight, I don't think they all need to be monsterously strong and I really don't want all of them to be.
However they do need a monsterously strong female. Because tough as robin is she's not really a fighting force. I just want to keep things balanced.

OP_overlord
February 10, 2007, 01:45 AM
i see what you mean but with a small crew like this you need really strong people and no weak guys like buggy has or you lose cause they cant help you and if brooke is powerful enought to stand up against sanji that is good enought

and a strong female is a mermaid they are beutiful and will have teh physical force of zoro when they are three so i think that one of them should join

weixiaobao
February 11, 2007, 01:12 AM

i got your point... but luffy doesn't not care usefullness..

anything strange unussual or at least amuse him... will probably be in the strawhat crew

beside anyone who ask to joined the crew joined except for the bushy guy in the box from the early beggining...

sahugani
February 11, 2007, 01:42 AM
i got your point... but luffy doesn't not care usefullness..

anything strange unussual or at least amuse him... will probably be in the strawhat crew

beside anyone who ask to joined the crew joined except for the bushy guy in the box from the early beggining...

well you got a point. While Luffy is more than willing to accept anyone if they amuse him, i'm not sure Oda feels the same. I personally view Brooke as the same type as the guy in the box from before and will endup not joining.

While Luffy was more than willing to recruit Chopper simply cause he's a cool reindeer that transforms, don't forget that he was also exactly what the crew needed at that time, a doctor. in addition to that, we had already seen his skill in combat by the time Luffy asked him.

whille Luffy doesn't care about usefulness, Oda knows that it is needed for the progression of the story. unless Brooke can perform dark magic like Jack Skellington from Kingdom Hearts (one of the best games ever btw) i can't see how he can be useful in combat or in ship work with no muscle and no skills except as a musician (and i seriously believe that it is better for Oda to keep Luffy wanting one). also, unlike the current crew members' individual quirks, Brooke's massive rudeness in all aspects of interaction (to which he is completely unaware) would soon get old if he joined

Anti-panda
February 11, 2007, 03:33 AM
well you got a point. While Luffy is more than willing to accept anyone if they amuse him, i'm not sure Oda feels the same. I personally view Brooke as the same type as the guy in the box from before and will endup not joining.

While Luffy was more than willing to recruit Chopper simply cause he's a cool reindeer that transforms, don't forget that he was also exactly what the crew needed at that time, a doctor. in addition to that, we had already seen his skill in combat by the time Luffy asked him.

whille Luffy doesn't care about usefulness, Oda knows that it is needed for the progression of the story. unless Brooke can perform dark magic like Jack Skellington from Kingdom Hearts (one of the best games ever btw) i can't see how he can be useful in combat or in ship work with no muscle and no skills except as a musician (and i seriously believe that it is better for Oda to keep Luffy wanting one). also, unlike the current crew members' individual quirks, Brooke's massive rudeness in all aspects of interaction (to which he is completely unaware) would soon get old if he joined

Yeah ... but both oda and luffy have been hinting at a musician since day / chapter 1 ... almost.
I see brooke having as much of a place with the strawhats as I did when robin first joined. I was like WTF isn't she a villian??? Is Brooke what I imagined when I thought of the Strawhats musician? NO. Is he a bad character? No. Do I think Oda has some really cool surprises in store for us with his character? Hell Yeah!!!
So in closing "If" Oda does decide to make him a permanant character I'm sure I'll wind up loving him as much as I do the other strawhat's. But I'll admit it might take some time for him to look "Not out of place."
Man who would've thought someone could be so weird they'd look out of place with A rubberman, a punkrocket Cyborg, A transforming reindeer, and a whole other bucket o'crazy that make up the mugiwara kaizoku.

sahugani
February 11, 2007, 04:05 AM
Yeah ... but both oda and luffy have been hinting at a musician since day / chapter 1 ... almost.
I see brooke having as much of a place with the strawhats as I did when robin first joined. I was like WTF isn't she a villian??? Is Brooke what I imagined when I thought of the Strawhats musician? NO. Is he a bad character? No. Do I think Oda has some really cool surprises in store for us with his character? Hell Yeah!!!

well i think that Robin's situation is slightly different. there are 2 clear reasons why she joined the crew (though i admit that both of those reasons were not apparent at the start of the Alabasta arc, so we could still get equivalent reasons in this arc). First of all, Oda had just introduced a mystery that quite clearly affects the overall plot of One Piece, the Poneglyphs. Robin joined the crew bacause Oda needs to keep up the entire poneglyph story and so the archaeologist is needed. the second (and i think better) reason is because Vivi had just left. She had been a nakama through Little Garden, Drum, and Alabasta, so its not like Oda could just dump her and still have the crew seem complete. Robin joined as a replacement to fill the hole that Vivi left. Now i don't see either of those reasons repeating themselves in the coming arc, but i will admit that there is still a chance for relatable circumstances to appear and give a good reason for Brooke to join. i don't know what they could be and still doubt that they would happen, but i will say there is a chance

So in closing "If" Oda does decide to make him a permanant character I'm sure I'll wind up loving him as much as I do the other strawhat's. But I'll admit it might take some time for him to look "Not out of place."

just because i say i can't imagine him actually joining the crew doesn't mean i wouldn't like it if he did. He's one of the most amusing characters Oda has ever created (and he's got somes serious competition there) and i'd also be happy to see some musician antics and skull jokes.

OP_overlord
February 11, 2007, 11:33 PM
he is alittle to rde but he could get over it just like robin and the whole belonging to one group thing (glad that is resolved) but still another weak crew member would be silly he would be a good addition to the crew cause he adds comedy and a skill that they dont have / need music, but in combat can he handle him self even ussop can do that if he s super weak he has no place on a crew that small they all need to be a certain level

Anti-panda
February 12, 2007, 12:55 AM
he is alittle to rde but he could get over it just like robin and the whole belonging to one group thing (glad that is resolved) but still another weak crew member would be silly he would be a good addition to the crew cause he adds comedy and a skill that they dont have / need music, but in combat can he handle him self even ussop can do that if he s super weak he has no place on a crew that small they all need to be a certain level

Considering he ran into thriller Bark without a second thought and no hesitation what-so-ever, I doubt he's weak. Either that or he has nothing to loose. Plus if he moves that fast I doubt he's completly lacking in battle skills. But I also don't see him being as formidable as Franky, the newest mugiwara.

OP_overlord
February 12, 2007, 11:11 PM
yeah but he could just be light and thus be quick and that would slove the running on water thing / and the high jumps

Pevee
February 12, 2007, 11:55 PM
yeah but he could just be light and thus be quick and that would slove the running on water thing / and the high jumps

He is lighter than average human being, he only got bones. Also, he got to be strong to be able to roam around in the grand line (and that triangle in particular) alone. I doubt if that's enough for Oda, but again, we haven't seen all his power yet. Hope we can see some more of his coolness next chapter.

OP_overlord
February 13, 2007, 09:59 PM
yeah and mainly his power weak people dont belong on the crew atleast vivi had a good story but i still didnt like her she was a loser and muched off the crew to much so he has to have some powers

he only stays in the triangle so he doesnt disappear forever and he is scared of ghost's so he cant be that strong

Anti-panda
February 13, 2007, 11:01 PM
yeah and mainly his power weak people dont belong on the crew atleast vivi had a good story but i still didnt like her she was a loser and muched off the crew to much so he has to have some powers

he only stays in the triangle so he doesnt disappear forever and he is scared of ghost's so he cant be that strong

Ussop chopper were scared of ghosts too.
And Nami was really weak when she joined up with the strawhats ... both her first join up and after arlong park. But look at her now. Everyone of the strawhats are not freakishly strong ... just most of them.

OP_overlord
February 13, 2007, 11:43 PM
yeah but if another weakish one joins the crew will be off balance
luffy, zoro, sanji, franky, these are strong peopleon the crew

Chopper (only version 3 rumble ball was really strong), robin (i think she isn useing her power fully but that is just me), ussop (just learning how to fight like a man with the dials), and nami (smart, sexy, but relitively weak need an upgrade to the clima tect and with out it she would die) weaklings but learning

and if brooke joined as a weakish guy it would tip the scales the wroung way they need strong experts in a small crew like that so we are intrested in learning about there past and what not he should be on par with franky the weakest of the strong people or just in the middle so the balance is not lost

later they can find a strong religious mermaid, then a scientist that is in the middle again, and last a strong (third to zoro) logia DF user and i would be so happy with that crew set up

Xman
February 14, 2007, 12:18 AM
after all, it was too fast that they found a member "as luffy" imo

but we dont know about his goal, his past, his fighting ability or what he is cabable to do in battles
but after all we dont know what in oda's mind

OP_overlord
February 14, 2007, 02:17 PM
yeah but if he is weak i dont really wanna learn about him cause he will be no help to the crew and just hold them back and need a body gaurd in fights

but oda could have a good twist in mind

i dont really mind the new nakama being added so fast it mixs thing up and luffy did want 10 nakama before entering the grandline and he only had 5 (and got 2 more in the grand line) so he needs to make up for that and have 10 before entering the "New World" the regular crew (8) plus brooke and a mermaid and then when they enter the next stage of the grand line they can add two more to make it semetrical a logai DF user and a scientist (all with strenghts and weakness but none stronger than luffy or weaker than nami)

Xman
February 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
yeah but if he is weak i dont really wanna learn about him cause he will be no help to the crew and just hold them back and need a body gaurd in fights

i think as long as they will help him in his shadow or recruit him ... long story past :/

waldo
February 23, 2007, 12:27 AM
yeah but if another weakish one joins the crew will be off balance
luffy, zoro, sanji, franky, these are strong peopleon the crew

Chopper (only version 3 rumble ball was really strong), robin (i think she isn useing her power fully but that is just me), ussop (just learning how to fight like a man with the dials), and nami (smart, sexy, but relitively weak need an upgrade to the clima tect and with out it she would die) weaklings but learning

and if brooke joined as a weakish guy it would tip the scales the wroung way they need strong experts in a small crew like that so we are intrested in learning about there past and what not he should be on par with franky the weakest of the strong people or just in the middle so the balance is not lost

later they can find a strong religious mermaid, then a scientist that is in the middle again, and last a strong (third to zoro) logia DF user and i would be so happy with that crew set up

well... in my opinion, Nami, Ussop, Chopper, and Nico Robin are never weak... Weak in brute strength maybe, but weak in the sense of fighting? Hell no!

Remember the buster call? and how Nami and the rest of the gang square off with im not sure if hundreds of captains from the Marines? We have witness how much Nami (and the rest) fight with those captains (who is ranked just like smoker)... okay, i know that even if they are of the same rank, their strength may differ, but still to square off with those many marines? at least give much deserved respect to those guys...

Bottomline: I do believe none of the Mugiwaras are weak... :)

Anti-panda
February 23, 2007, 01:30 AM
None of the mugiwara's are weak. They just look weak standing next to juggernauts like luffy and zoro.
Even a bear looks small next to a elephant. But I still don't wanna fight a bear.
Just look at ussop. The punishment handed out to him in almost every arc. A weak person would be dead. D-E-A-D. Then he'd come back as a zombie.

Xman
February 23, 2007, 02:08 PM
None of the mugiwara's are weak. They just look weak standing next to juggernauts like luffy and zoro.

i dunno but i feel odda or the ppl understmading Sanji's power, they didnt give him his postion in crew as great guy ... robin joined long after him but all eyes on her mustly, he is tough guy.
that all "in my opnion".

Anti-panda
February 23, 2007, 03:18 PM
i dunno but i feel odda or the ppl understmading Sanji's power, they didnt give him his postion in crew as great guy ... robin joined long after him but all eyes on her mustly, he is tough guy.
that all "in my opnion".

I put zoro above sanji only because we've seen zoro nearly cut in half and still power through it. Sanji is strong. Definitely third or fourth depending on where you rank franky.

OP_overlord
February 23, 2007, 11:42 PM
sanji would be third

and none of the SH are weak but when you compare ussop/nami/chopper(with out the rumble balls)/robin to luffy/sanji/zoz/franky they look weak like anti-panda said but they have not gotten stronger like the others have ussop does take devious beat downs and walks away but his fighting skills are just starting to improve while luffy has taken leaps and bounds while they have been nakama and the same goes for sanji/zoro they are getting stronger every day while nami/chopper/robin are takeing very small steps in the improving there skills area
chopper could get another type of rumble ball, nami a new more powerful clima tact,...

but they are not weak but i dont want a small crew like this to have more weakish people then strong ones so that is why if Brookedoes join he should have a cool power to make him strong not as strong as zoro/sanji but almost equal to franky

and you all prob know my theoryies on other stronger crew member so im not going to say it again

Anti-panda
February 24, 2007, 10:42 PM
It all comes down to faith .... I believe oda would not introduce a character and make him/her a mugiwara just to have that character drag down the rest of the crew.
Smoker said it best when he said that people who he once thought were on his level have now become several times stronger (refering to luffy). You have to dash ahead on this sea.
So if brooke is going to be a new mugiwara then Even if he isn't as strong as sanji or franky ... he definitly will be able to hold his own in a regular fight and he wont be a detriment to the rest of the mugiwara's.

OP_overlord
February 24, 2007, 11:31 PM
true and with this new additionto the crew, and that addition not being the strongest out there it gives Oda a chance to advance the fighting skills of the others as he started to do with ussop. cause now the difference in power between weak and strong on teh crew is huge and franky heled to even it out but only with the others such as nami/ussop/chopper/and somethimes robin steping up and truly fight all out will they be helpful to the team

Xman
February 25, 2007, 07:41 AM
word :)

Eyefarted2
February 27, 2007, 09:12 PM
Luffy wanted a shipwright and a musician. what do u think he will want next? Doesnt really look like there are any more avalible positions. What do u guys think?

hmalik1003
February 27, 2007, 11:04 PM
well a position that is available but doesn't account 4 the SH crew because luffy is an idiot would b a scout. Some1 to look at an area before they land there to check if it is dangerous or not. Luffy on the other hand just likes to do things the retarded way.......and i wouldn't have him do i t n e differently :smile-big

Anti-panda
February 27, 2007, 11:29 PM
Luffy wanted a shipwright and a musician. what do u think he will want next? Doesnt really look like there are any more avalible positions. What do u guys think?

I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times more if necessary.....
Ninja Mermaid.

Eyefarted2
February 27, 2007, 11:34 PM
I happen to like brook and i think he is very talented both musical and in strength. I think they need a scientist just because they dont have one.

OP_overlord
February 27, 2007, 11:37 PM
i would agree with all of that except we dont yet know what brooke's strength is or if he has one

i too want a scientist that uses logia DF weapons to attack and a really stong religious monk type mermaid to go against zoro all the time

Anti-panda
February 28, 2007, 12:38 AM
Just wondering How would a Religious anything .... fit in with a bunch of pirates?

I mean just the lifestyle kinda breaks at least 3 of the 10 big rules. And it wouldn't fly with zoro and his whole buddist there is no god thing.

OP_overlord
February 28, 2007, 05:10 PM
that is why it would be funny to have a really religious strong mermaid to mess with zoro and he cant hit her

and the big shichibukai carrys around a bible so they must justify it somehow

Xman
March 01, 2007, 07:49 AM
but if we got "Religious strong mermaid", sanji will pissed off cuz she wont talk to him as perv and things like that :o but ofc he will protect her from zoro even tho she will be strong one xD

hmalik1003
March 01, 2007, 07:22 PM
and that is exactly why a religious mermaid works out

Anti-panda
March 01, 2007, 09:05 PM
Well define religious ... because strictly speaking zoro is religious he's just buddist so he doesn't believe in god. and he doesn't believe in leaning one way or the other on issues. Mostly the idea is to be neutral.
Bartholomew Kuma Vs. strawhat religious mermaid. Is that what everyone is looking for??
Sounds badass.
I'd prefer it if she was a mikan or a temple priestess. So she could be really pure but still have fun.

OP_overlord
March 01, 2007, 09:59 PM
yeah that would be good
she could be christian and be super religious

and haveing her would give sanji new amusment, increase his fights with zoro for messing with her religion and give zoro a new person to have beef with

and she could fight that wreastler from BB crew to as well as the halfgiant kuma

neild
June 16, 2007, 03:03 AM
what kind of job/role should the last 2 members of strawhat crew have?im thinking of a musician slash fighter (to add more firepower to the team, and cover nami,chopper,usopp's lack of fighting skills).he/she/it should be versatile in terms of fighting skills (like franky;s).should be a non df user.

the last member should be a mystery man.im thinking of a short person (not necessarily a kid), male gender who lost both his parent, therefore can travel with luffy with nothing to lose.this kid ate devil fruit once,but he does not know his full potential/abilities yet.he will show some flashes but not sure what the df actually affects him.so during the journey, we will discover his abilities slowly and add the mysterious element oda always add in his manga.this way, sky is the limit for the 10th member, and oda can always add more and more to him

or the person might be the one who we already been informed: in chap 433,if im not wrong that there is a scientist in marine whom has found a way to make an item eat devil fruit.well he might be not just a df scientist, but he can also be another kind of scientist,so he can creates new things for luffy or research and solve whatever problems that they have along the way.

Anti-panda
June 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
what kind of job/role should the last 2 members of strawhat crew have?im thinking of a musician slash fighter (to add more firepower to the team, and cover nami,chopper,usopp's lack of fighting skills).he/she/it should be versatile in terms of fighting skills (like franky;s).should be a non df user.

the last member should be a mystery man.im thinking of a short person (not necessarily a kid), male gender who lost both his parent, therefore can travel with luffy with nothing to lose.this kid ate devil fruit once,but he does not know his full potential/abilities yet.he will show some flashes but not sure what the df actually affects him.so during the journey, we will discover his abilities slowly and add the mysterious element oda always add in his manga.this way, sky is the limit for the 10th member, and oda can always add more and more to him

or the person might be the one who we already been informed: in chap 433,if im not wrong that there is a scientist in marine whom has found a way to make an item eat devil fruit.well he might be not just a df scientist, but he can also be another kind of scientist,so he can creates new things for luffy or research and solve whatever problems that they have along the way.

Do you even read the manga? The strawhats prettymuch already have thier musician... It's Brooke.
And then next member after him will obviously be a Mermaid. Nuff said!

neild
June 16, 2007, 07:39 PM
Do you even read the manga? The strawhats prettymuch already have thier musician... It's Brooke.
And then next member after him will obviously be a Mermaid. Nuff said!

yes i do read the manga.i know one of the remaining 2 spots is musician. It doesnt have to be brooke. When we saw vivi's adventure with luffy we thought she is gonna join, but she didnt right.le last one is mermaid?what for?so she become useless in fight that takes place in a land?and how does mermaid become an occupation/role

Impel Down
June 16, 2007, 08:14 PM
Well, what other position do they really need, besides cabin boy? If they do need a cabin boy, it should be a shy bishounen who Nami loves, but he's oblivious.

Akainu
June 17, 2007, 06:18 AM
What about a lifeguard? and besides mermaid doesnt mean they are useless on land - would be great if she was a 29 year old like the old lady said in enies lobby they could see the split

neild
June 17, 2007, 08:23 AM
Well, what other position do they really need, besides cabin boy? If they do need a cabin boy, it should be a shy bishounen who Nami loves, but he's oblivious.
haha i agree.they need a cabin boy,someone to be ordered to clean the ship.u never see one of them clean the ship/deck or whatever right.the person who had this position before is coby in the marine where he is still at the bottom rank

lifeguard? i think zoro and sanji are already filling that position.they both safe luffy everytime he drowns.

OP_overlord
June 17, 2007, 09:24 AM
i think they need a scientist to help with what ever like choppers 3 rumble ball issue or even his two rumble ball issue - he is going to be the assisstant to the marine scientist that we hard about earlier and he is going to use DF weapons to attack.

the musicain = brooke

a religous man to mess with zoro he can be a logia type

and i want a stroger but hot mermaid so that she can fight zoro

Paz42
June 18, 2007, 01:45 PM
totaly agree with OP_overlord on this one some form of scientist needs to join the crew add to the sunny with frankys help , Help chopper with some more complicated medicines and the whole rumble ball thing A whole array of DF weapons would be fun like his dream could be to document all the DF's and find out where they come from

neild
June 18, 2007, 07:18 PM
i think for the whole rumble ball thing that chopper uses, he will figure it out by himself, or he will just meet the scientist during the journey, ask about it,do research together for a while, and then go.because after fixing the rumble ball,the scientist have no other purpose for the rest of the crew.unless the scientist has some wicked personality

Imitorar
June 18, 2007, 08:03 PM
Chopper can't "fix the Rumble Ball thing". You can't really expect him to be able to keep screwing around with the Devil Fruit's vibrations without causing them to go out of control, can you? Besides, it's a good weakness for Chopper to have. Otherwise he'd be overpowered a bit, being able to use his extra 4 forms whenever he wanted. There's a reason the Rumble Balls have a time limit on them in the first place. By the same token, Luffy will always have the Gear 3rd drawback of becoming "chibi-Luffy" temporarily, and while eventually he will get used to Gear 2nd, he will always take some damage from it, and it will always leave him badly in need of meat, he'll just need less immediate care and his lifespan won't be decreased as much. My point is, the characters need to have some drawbacks on their advanced forms, so Chopper will probably never be able to use more then 1 Rumble Ball per 6 hours (I think that's what it was) and still control his powers.

Impel Down
June 18, 2007, 08:09 PM
Chopper fixing Rumble Ball would be like creating marijuana that doesn't kill you. And for the merman/mermaid thing, maybe if they get one, they could use him/her as a scout? They are surrounded by tons of enemies almost all the time, so a scout would be really useful.

neild
June 18, 2007, 10:21 PM
Chopper fixing Rumble Ball would be like creating marijuana that doesn't kill you. And for the merman/mermaid thing, maybe if they get one, they could use him/her as a scout? They are surrounded by tons of enemies almost all the time, so a scout would be really useful.

haha there is a pleasure that doesnt kill though, but your sentence is still funny though. how does being a mermaid makes her a scout?? i dont get it.u can be a scout if u have a power like absalom where he can be invicible and secretly attend enemy's meeting....
[hr]
doesnt gear 2 and 3 sounds like dragon ball's thing?like super saiyan 2 and super saiyan 3.so there will be gear 4 (considering the gear 2= super saiyan 2).will there be a fusion?can u imagine that...like luffy merge with zoro...its like idiots time 2 but super strong

rodis3d
June 19, 2007, 01:06 AM
a merman/woman would really be good; just what kind of fish should it be? perhaps a swordfish, or some poison-using fish (have you noticed that good-guys almost never use poison?). also it wouldn't be bad to have an entire crew of mermen (franky family/galleyla in enies lobby have shown that fights work even with a massive crew):
-even an avarage merman is stronger than a normal marine
-they could take down ships from below
-they wouldn't look so small anymore when confronting other ships (a crew of 9-10 people meeting something like 300 people)
-if they take brooks ship too they'd have enough place for anything

Imitorar
June 19, 2007, 11:47 AM
doesnt gear 2 and 3 sounds like dragon ball's thing?like super saiyan 2 and super saiyan 3.so there will be gear 4 (considering the gear 2= super saiyan 2).will there be a fusion?can u imagine that...like luffy merge with zoro...its like idiots time 2 but super strong

There will be no fusion in One Piece, unless it's part of someone else's Devil Fruit power (though now that I think about it, fusion WAS sort of part of Wapol's Munch Munch fruit, since he was able to fuse Chess and Kuromarimo with his "Munch Munch Factory" ability), because One Piece is not the type of series where you can just make up new techniques, unlike Dragon Ball, where it made sense for there to be new applications of their chi, such as fusing them together.

And Gears are NOT like Super Saiyan. Gear 2nd is maybe like Super Saiyan a bit, but it's not like anybody can do it just by getting angry, Luffy is the only one who can ever use Gear 2nd, and it works by utilizing his Gum Gum powers, not just by making him angry. And Gear 3rd is nothing like Super Saiyan 3. Higher levels of Super Saiyan just make the user stronger, it just raises the power level more. Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd also both make Luffy stronger, but in different ways. One lets him use extra nutrients to raise his metabolism, one turns him into a sort of giant. And again, they don't just work because of anger, they work only because of Luffy's Gum Gum powers.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dragon Ball, and I think that the way Super Saiyan worked was fine for Dragon Ball, but I don't think that a "super-mode" that works the way Super Saiyan does will fit with One Piece. In One Piece, unlike Dragon Ball, it's not just about raising power levels and doing powerful energy attacks, it's about utilizing the Devil Fruits, or other special talents and abilities, so fusion, unless as part of a Devil Fruit, which we've already more or less seen, is out of the question for One Piece.

Anti-panda
June 19, 2007, 10:04 PM
haha there is a pleasure that doesnt kill though, but your sentence is still funny though. how does being a mermaid makes her a scout?? i dont get it.u can be a scout if u have a power like absalom where he can be invicible and secretly attend enemy's meeting....
<hr noshade size="1">

God I hate you.

Idiots like you ruined dragonball for me.. I used to love it....

Anyway the big difference between akira toriyama and Eichero Oda is tha Oda has methodolgy and reason behind how things work .. like luffy pumping air into his legs to expand his blood vessels and dope himself with oxygen to increase his strength and speed. Meanwhile back at the ranch we have Akira ... "Kaoken .. thats just how it works trust me!"
That was a actual answer he gave to how kaoken increased goku's speed and strength. That my friend is why OP is and always better than DBZ... because it has a better Mangaka.
And there will never be fusion in OP because oda isn't a dipshit.
Sorry I'm a little jaded... DBZ and affilated series were over and done 10yrs ago... I really wish idiots would quit talking about it .. and move on to better anime.

Please, cool down your tone and remember no bashing is allowed in MH.

neild
June 20, 2007, 05:57 AM
huahaha no worries luckas,people has their own opinion of expressing who they are and what their opinion is.im not bothered by the choice of words.the important thing is we all here love one piece, and want to talk about it.anyway i dont intend to 'ruin' or whatever u say your likeness of dragon ball.i also agree with u that one piece is better than dragon ball.however i see no reason to why quit talking about it.if its good,its good.

Impel Down
June 20, 2007, 08:43 PM
A merfolk would totally help with scouting! They can swim around in the water, seeing where boats and other islands are, which other crews wouldn't be able to counter, as they are above water, and in a world of DFs, they would not expect someone to actually be in the water that is strong.

neild
June 22, 2007, 09:43 PM
... DBZ and affilated series were over and done 10yrs ago... I really wish idiots would quit talking about it .. and move on to better anime.
MH.[/mod]

For me, Toriyama-sensei is a being like god. He's in a completely different dimension!!
- Eiichiro Oda
http://www.apricot.com/~fuu/paradise3/oda/cw1xt.html
[hr]
Q: So how many characters will gather in the main group?
eiichiora oda: I don't know! (laugh) As an ideal, I would like about 10 people.
http://www.apricot.com/~fuu/paradise3/oda/cm1098.html

Impel Down
June 22, 2007, 09:44 PM
As much as I respect/<3 Oda-sensei, I think he was inspired by the pop singer of manga, and I just can't roll with that.

gao_dargon
June 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
i think it will be a mareman/woman but it can also be a fish person (dont remeber wich one is wich) we have the half fish half human ppl, and the little mermaid kind of ppl (like the fat one from water 7) if he/she is a fish ppl she/he can be a dolphin half fish so she/he has a "radar" kind of think, that can help scouting can it¿? also a wale has it but since the shikibukai Jimbei (that was his name was it not?)is a whale shark i dont think so

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 01:54 PM
A whale shark isn't a kind of whale, it's a kind of shark. But, dolphins aren't fish, so a gyojin can't be part dolphin, I'd think.

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 02:21 PM
isnt it backwards? a whale shark is a whale not a shark its a small whale that eats plancton isnt it? ooo no i remeber it having "brankias" sorry dont know the word in english but the things that sharks and fishes uses to breath, but if Jimbei is half shark and Arlog was to, then that means in doesnet have to be half "fish" it can be hald other think (like Hachi the half octopus) so my half dolphin thingy (cuz its not even a theory) can be true cant it?

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
No, I'm pretty sure whale sharks are sharks. The largest kind of shark, do be specific. If Wikipedia was working, I'd attempt to prove it.

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 02:40 PM
yes yes it is ur right, thats what i said, that i remeber it having "branquias" (still dont know the word¬¬U) look

isnt it backwards? a whale shark is a whale not a shark its a small whale that eats plancton isnt it? ooo no i remeber it having "brankias" sorry dont know the word in english but the things that sharks and fishes uses to breath,

Please, go back on topic ;)

Absolutio
June 25, 2007, 05:17 PM
I don't understand why is this thread still alive. Why search for a new Nakama, when we have one, flesh and bones (well, only bones.. Ahahahaaha, bone joke! :p ), infront of our eyes. ;)

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 08:05 PM
It's because everyone but us loves the idea of a gyojin/merman mugiwara. Honestly, I don't see that being necessary, as pretty much every position they'd need/want is filled. Although, there's still for a cabin boy.

sahugani
June 25, 2007, 08:26 PM
Since this series has so much ahead of it, i think there will always be a chance of a new nakama, so this thread will always be a place for creative thoughts as to what that might be. I'll also mention that as we already have a thread dedicated to Brooke, keep discussions of him there as this place is for more distant predictions.

As i mentioned here many months ago, i'm still of the opinion that the crew will acquire a devil fruit researcher. Robin's recruitment coincided with the introduction of the poneglyph mystery. i think that when we meet Begabanks, we will gain a new mystery that pertains to the true nature of devil fruits and so they get his assistant or somebody like that. i think that basically all of the positions needed for the running of the ship and crew are taken (other than positions too trivial to really mention), so any new members would be of the same type as Robin, who are connected to the mystery of the overall story

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 08:41 PM
But isn't part of the excitement is that they only know about as much as the average citizen, and with Luffy, even less? I feel a DF researcher would take that away.

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 06:43 AM
but Luffy wont understand even if the resercher explains to him ahahaha,but maybe he can healp chopper with the rumbelball and luffy with hes gears? who knowes? (i still like my idea of a dolphinscout hahaha =P)

Eyefarted2
September 02, 2007, 05:31 PM
a muscian, scientist, and blacksmith

Impel Down
September 02, 2007, 08:01 PM
*clears throat*
Brook, Robin/Chopper, Usopp/Franky

*bows and leaves*

Astray
September 03, 2007, 08:16 PM
Although Robin and Chopper are both highly educated compared to the rest of the Straw Hat crew, even together they can't really be considered on the level of a scientist. The field is just so much different from what they specialize in (medicine and history). I expect that the head researcher of the DF will join Luffy because the crew will save him from God knows what because we know very well that the WG is corrupted to the core.

I also expect them to get a Logia type DF user on their crew as well. Also the Straw hat crew cannot fight well under water, that's why I see them getting a merman as well. Only problem is, if they get both a scientist and a merman, then that's 11 people in the crew including Luffy (Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Frank, Brooke, Scientist, and Merman). However that can make sense because Luffy has only stated he wants a 10 person crew, that might have meant he excluded himself from that list.

Impel Down
September 04, 2007, 09:30 AM
Having a Logia user on the crew just wouldn't seem right to me. The point is that they're all humble people, but, though their experiences, luck, and skill, overcome massivly powerful opponents, such as Logia users. And I doubt they'll take Vegapunk. And he's a Marine scientist, not a WG scientist. And the idea that they'd take marines that don't fully agree with the WG is just silly. That would mean Coby, Helmeppo, Smoker, Garp, Ao Kiji, Hina, Fullbody, and Jango would join the SHs.

Astray
September 04, 2007, 05:36 PM
Either way, I expect them to get a real scientist sooner or later. I also expect a merman for underwater combat as well.

OP_overlord
September 05, 2007, 10:31 AM
a merman would make the crew awsome and since they have the large tank in the dinning room it would make sense. and she would have a great singing voice, (and franky could learn how to play the gituar so they dont have to find another musican)

i would like to see a preist or some kind with a logia fruit power, to mess with zoro cause he dosnt believe in a god. and if he got angry at him he cant touch him and that would piss him off even more. and the monk guy would be really strong but doesnt fight.

also a little kid as a scientist that uses logia weapons to attack would be B.A., like this WG scientist grandson or something.

Astray
September 06, 2007, 03:37 PM
Umm, the Musician is Brooke >_>

OP_overlord
September 11, 2007, 10:06 PM
it would be good if he joined the crew but i see him sailing off by himself and trying to find that whale

and astray ignorance is bliss only in some circumstances now offence
take a philosophy class

Impel Down
September 12, 2007, 12:08 PM
Or: He could go with the SHs, who are going to Laboon as well...sorta. Well, most of them are. Chopper, Robin, and Franky probably don't give a fuck, if they weren't such good people.

Imitorar
September 12, 2007, 01:15 PM
Or: He could go with the SHs, who are going to Laboon as well...sorta. Well, most of them are. Chopper, Robin, and Franky probably don't give a fuck, if they weren't such good people.

The problem is, he might not wanna wait. It's been 50 years. And Brook doesn't know that Laboon is still waiting for him, and that will affect his decision alot, since he'll know he doesn't have to rush back as fast as he can because Laboon might have given up or be about to give up. Or maybe he'll sail off after Laboon before the Straw Hats have a chance to tell him, and they'll meet up with both Brook and Laboon at the end when they come full-circle around the Grand Line. I can see that happening. But my point is, it's still very uncertain that Brook will join. Vivi decided not to join because she felt that she had other responsibilities that needed her more and that she had to deal with for the good of the many, which outranked becoming a Straw Hat for herself and the crew. Brook may choose the same thing, deciding that showing Laboon that he didn't abandon him and keeping his promise may be more important then sailing with the Straw Hats, even though they also are trying to get to Laboon.

And besides, I don't want Brook to join. I don't know how he'd ever be able to leave the ship without scaring anyone who saw him, unless Chopper made him fake skin or something, which may be possible. If he joins, I suppose something like that will have to come about. But I think that it would be more emotionally impacting and true to Brooks character for him to decide that fulfilling his promise as fast as possible is more important than sailing with his friends, the Straw Hat Pirates. If he thinks that death isn't an apology, I doubt that he'll think that a need for companionship is one.

Just thought of this, though: What if Luffy convinces him that Laboon would WANT him to sail with them. Assuming it comes to that, and I'm sure it will, would Brook accept that argument? Or would he still decide to go back to Laboon on his own in the scenario I outlined before? (The one where he thinks the promise is more important.)

Impel Down
September 12, 2007, 05:38 PM
That's a good point, that last one. I dunno if Luffy could, but if he could, that would really be interesting. It's also possible that Laboon wanted to see all his nakama at once, which would include the Mugiwaras.

Another big one: Brook cannot go backwards through the Grand Line. That, and after 50 years of chronic depression, you'd think he'd like to be with some friends, have a nice ship, get food, hang with Nami and Robin...

OP_overlord
September 12, 2007, 09:41 PM
yeah i would wanna hang with nami and robin and im not deppressed
its not that want him to join i just dont think that some of the reasons that people say he wount join for are wrong
like: he cant leave the ship with out makeing people scared but the crwe members with skin walk around town and people freak a pirate with a bounty of 300,000,000 is really scary, and since he cant leave he could gaurd the ship a job no one wants to do.
i do want him to join because he is so fast.

Impel Down
September 13, 2007, 08:56 AM
I'm not calling you depressed, I'm saying Brook is. I mean, he even admitted his depression, didn't he? And while people could be scared of him, he's scared of a lot of things too, which would be hilarious.

KiubyVal
September 15, 2007, 02:35 PM
I think that the musician( and also a good swordsmen) will be Brooke, but he needs another one or two members, the next one should be a girl because there are only 2 and it is needed a Rogia fruit power in the crew, we already have 2 paramisha and a Zoo-Zoo, but Rufy can't fight all the Rogia, actually he is quite vulnerble to some of them, so the coolest thing to me will be if the next girl will be a tough one, a fighter with a rogia fruit power, like the wind wind or the light light, this will make the crew a powerful a lot.

Impel Down
September 15, 2007, 02:42 PM
I don't like the idea of a Logia DF user in their crew, it just doesn't seem to fit into the SH theme. Actually, I don't think the newer members should have DFs. Four is enough.

Aokiji
September 15, 2007, 04:03 PM
Next stop in the fight with the Shicinbukai White Whale Jubai (sp?) a Mermaid that can walk will join them, and since Mermaids are famous because of its singing it will be a Mermaid Musician

OP_overlord
September 15, 2007, 04:05 PM
no i would have to agree with KiubyVal i want a logia type DF in the crew and atleast another girl in the crew but theydont have to be the same person i would also like to see in the crew a person that uses logia weapons (it could even be ussop)

Impel Down
September 15, 2007, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to having another girl in the crew, as long as Oda doesn't try to be ironic by making her ugly. What I would like in the crew is a guy who's the opposite of Sanji: Nami keeps hitting on him, and he's oblivious.