PDA

View Full Version : Anime Naruto Shippuuden ep 182 Discussion

Martin425
October 21, 2010, 06:06 AM
When discussing the episode, please respect those that don't want to be spoiled and put all future Manga events into spoiler tags. This rule will be strictly enforced. Thanks.

Downloads:
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 182 [480p] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=167011)

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 182 [720p] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=167013)

Cobra826
October 21, 2010, 06:30 AM
ep 182 stream

http://www.animeavenue.net/naruto-shippuuden-episode-182/

http://www.thenarutoshippuuden.com/naruto-shippuuden-episode-182/

Alterno
October 21, 2010, 07:13 AM
Worth watching because Gaara is in it.

arnold ronald
October 21, 2010, 07:24 AM
nice episode overall......

"we are your friends", lol :p

DarkAp89
October 21, 2010, 07:41 AM
Worth watching only for sex references on Sakura XD XD

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/93/vlcsnap2010102114h06m38.png

Shinsatsu
October 21, 2010, 07:48 AM
Hmm, another filler episode is coming and I guess more will follow.
182 was not that good IMO. But it didn't make me turn it off :) it's watchable.

I guess that they're going to put a filler between each and every major event that happened in part one. Just lean back and enjoy the long lasting fillers that murdered Naruto the anime.

AlexGK
October 21, 2010, 08:15 AM
Good job on this episode. It didnt even have cannon in it. The epic music of the original is making it even better.
But the next one looks like crap. Hope it will have some cannon stuff in it to make it watchable :)

GJ on adding the poll once again. I like to know how people like the various filler styles :)

ninjaman
October 21, 2010, 11:02 AM
Whats the song that played with the haku flashback? I really hope they dont show too many fillers it will get boring still a lot of manga material out there.

found haku theme if anyone else want it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FevAP2FhHu0&feature=related

liangbi
October 21, 2010, 11:43 AM
That was brilliant!

naruto91
October 21, 2010, 02:02 PM
finally pure fillers! aren't there for real any canon parts?

megadud20
October 21, 2010, 02:38 PM
It was an awesome episode. As good as a cannon episode I dare say. Knowing how Gaara became Kazekage is as good as cannon in my book, and I've always wondered how it would be like when Gaara meets with team seven after the fight they've had at the chuunin exams and after Gaara's drastic change of personality.

Another thing that I really liked was that people are finally liking Gaara after his change of personality (pre-timeskip wise) He is finally beginning to feel the acceptance and love from others. Great music, believable (and interesting) story, what's not to like?
[hr]
But there were a few rushed segments, and some unanswered questions left behind. Like for example: How the heck was naruto able to break the puppet strings with a mere Kunai when he came to rescue Gaara? Also, what happened to the squad (the "auditors") in the beginning that faced team seven? I know Kakashi chidoritized the leader to a crisp, but what happened to the rest of the people if Naruto just went ahead? It seemed like that group could overcome team seven since they looked strong, equipped swords, and had an advantage in numbers...

DARK
October 21, 2010, 03:54 PM
Unlike the past batch of filler, my respect for Gaara as a character and as a ninja made me want to watch the entire thing.

We do know that the placement of this filler is between the events of the end of Orochimaru's invasion and Sasuke leaving the village. More than likely takes place after the events of the Tsunade arc (since Kakashi was bed-ridden after being subjected to Itachi's Tsukuyomi).

The anime seems to suggest that Gaara's ability to move his sand is completely disabled when doused with water. It has been shown before in the final Part I filler arc when Gaara fought the shinobi from Takumi Village, and now it is the case here. Even then, Gaara only needed a little ball of sand to defeat the Suna ANBU that were after his life.

This is a story that we have come across several times and Gaara's flashback interaction with Kankuro has been used, again, several times. That's not to say that I didn't like seeing Gaara, but at this current moment is irrelevant. We know exactly what changes Gaara from a bloodthirsty killer to a leader; the mission doesn't do anything more than to show Gaara in a positive light.

It's not the worst filler, but certainly wasn't that entertaining.

Next episode *seems* to be good. What exactly does Naruto have that is causing an outbreak in the village? If the writers pull this off right, it may turn out to be a decent filler episode.

pops
October 21, 2010, 04:41 PM
More fucking fillers and another break in the manga next week. What the hell kishi? As much as it hurt me to say it...Naruto is turning to shit!

wooticus
October 21, 2010, 05:01 PM
the funny thing.. sasuke was in this episode but didn't say a word.. did they want to save money for the voice actor or did i just overhear it`? he was just standing around and looking like he's pissed

Jorge D. Dragon
October 22, 2010, 01:57 AM
No, I think Sasuke did say something when he stopped ANBU from preventing Naruto to help Gaara.:)
In fact the episode was of a rather good quality, though I'm a bit tired of fillers. They stall the pace too much. There are so many events to show and then they can make some fillers if they want.

THM Nindo
October 22, 2010, 10:00 AM
Nice episode.
Next episode looks really funny!! :tem

jdw
October 22, 2010, 06:03 PM
Excellent filler. If they are going to do them, let them at least be this entertaining. 9/10 filler quality.

AlexGK
October 23, 2010, 03:40 AM
Excellent filler. If they are going to do them, let them at least be this entertaining. 9/10 filler quality.

QFT, but relax - the next 2 incoming episodes will suck so bad, they will make up for this one being good. I only hope they will have some cannon stuff in them, else I expect utter fail.

juUnior
October 23, 2010, 09:12 AM
I was recommended to watch this filler on pl board because there was Gaara, and..

Gaara = I feel good already :p
But on a more serious note: I think that its probably the first time <at least for me, I didn't saw too much Shippuden yet xd> that guys from pierrot actually had a good idea for a filler, and they did it overally quite good; I think its like addition to the manga which portrays 'slower' pace of ppl actually befriending Gaara, and Gaara himself as he tries to change himself. The best was of course ENTER THE GAARA <classic> and this awesome background music when he was a psycho, and the reaction of ppl = priceless. I'm only sad that filler did only put emphasis on plot rather than fights <I like filler fights of Gaara xP> BUT it doesn't mean that we haven't got EPIC scenes like eg. MIGHTY Kakashi xd

All in all, even if I would try to be objective, I think episode was really nice <of course considering Shippuden I will not comment on quality, it just makes no sense to me, ehh>, the idea for a filler was good <still, it could be as well put into 2 episodes, putting more emphasis on 'bonds' <:p> and giving more fights <espiecally with Gaara if we're dealing with him> I also liked the part with random shinobi operating with puppets - it really gives an idea that only Suna has this kind of shinobis <you know, from the moment Chiyo and Sasori appeared, many of us probably thought so, but in such filler it really puts it into the light> Just cool addition xd

Minus would be: water = weakness of Gaara. Srsly : / They go into realism rather than seeing the tables of elements.. but maybe its just me xd <I would have thought at least some other ideas for putting Gaara into sth or such>

btw. nice text of Gaara that the elders doesn't know how strong he really is, and than finishing shinobi and some others with just a small ball = priceless xD Reminded me of some good laughing moments from DBZ and Vegetto <hahaha> xP

feisu-chan
October 23, 2010, 10:42 PM
I enjoyed this ep actually - Because of Gaara and old team 7. Sasuke helping Naruto by stopping all those kunai was nostalgic. Everything was nostalgic, actually. Only a bit off with the cheesiness on nakama, nakama, we are your friends. The last part, where Gaara made them say it again made me roll my eyes. Nonetheless, I love Gaara in Kaze clothes. HAWT! :wtf

allendsup23
October 24, 2010, 08:09 AM
Minus would be: water = weakness of Gaara. Srsly : / They go into realism rather than seeing the tables of elements.. but maybe its just me xd <I would have thought at least some other ideas for putting Gaara into sth or such>

btw. nice text of Gaara that the elders doesn't know how strong he really is, and than finishing shinobi and some others with just a small ball = priceless xD Reminded me of some good laughing moments from DBZ and Vegetto <hahaha> xP

I think they said the water was mixed with their chakra so that may be the reason why Gaara's sand was weak against it.

Jessie
October 24, 2010, 11:56 AM
Well pure filler exists as fanservice. So it should be judged on entertainment value and whether it does well by the characters it is providing development for. So by those standards I'd say it worked and added some layers to Gaara's story and his relationship with Naruto.

The only drawback was Temari and Kankuro barely appearing. Gaara tends to overshadow those two and as characters they work better when they have their own storylines. I would have liked to have seen more with them since they didn't do much in the Gaara Rescue Arc. Like Gaara, they have people they care about in Konoha too. Shikamaru for Temari. And Kankuro owes Sakura for his life and should have a bond with Kiba. It would have been nice to see more of their reactions.

Honestly, outside of the episode previous to this with the revenge plot, all the filler has been good. But we might be heading for a bad turn next week. I wonder if the anime will continue to highlight certain characters in the filler? Next week is Sakura.

And we know after that there is a Tenten episode.

Shiro-kun
October 24, 2010, 10:55 PM
Its a filler but it does not mean one should automatically condemned it and call it trash , It was pleasant and mildly entertaining and its worth your time if you just want to past the time.

Paradoxicon
October 25, 2010, 07:58 AM
I was also baited into watching this because Gaara is in it, and I also liked it. It has the innocent charm of pre-time skip Naruto while carefully expanding the canon with filler stuff. Quite enjoyable.
Everything's better than fillers with bullshit bad guys and random strangers in distress needing protection by some weird orange kid.

pops
October 25, 2010, 09:02 AM
they should really stop making episodes if we are going to have long ass filler archs like this that have nothing to do with the actual series.

TemplateR
October 25, 2010, 12:09 PM
they should really stop making episodes if we are going to have long ass filler archs like this that have nothing to do with the actual series.

Or they should "Remake" the first Naruto Part like FMA Brotherhood xD

naruto91
October 25, 2010, 12:16 PM
Or they should "Remake" the first Naruto Part like FMA Brotherhood xD

They are already doing that!

TemplateR
October 25, 2010, 12:23 PM
They are already doing that!

But these arenĀ“t Remake, because they have an other little story as the Orginal oO

Jessie
October 25, 2010, 12:59 PM
Would you be shocked if I told you the filler gets the same ratings as the canon episodes? There was never a drop-off even when Part 1 went into a year of filler until Shippuden. So there is no reason for them to stop making episodes then.

As long as Naruto is on, the Japanese will watch. And that's all that matters.

And these do have something to do with the series. Remember, the anime follows the manga, but long ago established its own canon.