PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 335 Discussions [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

bax
December 07, 2006, 03:23 AM
First, if you guys still don't have Chapter 334 with you, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11725.0)

Okay. so Kakuzu is not finished yet. Now.. what with those weird creatures Kakuzu just called? What are the four masks for? Somehow Kakuzu is okay after that Raikiri :blink Anyway, where is Ino?

You guys know the drill. Predict away what will happened in the next chapter ^^

ALKHHKLA
December 07, 2006, 03:29 AM
Only have seen the raw so i don't know what they were talking about, but it seems that in the next chapter, team 10 and Kakashi are going to get owned by the things that came out of Kakuzu's back. Also i pedict that Naruto will finally finish his wind rasengan.

bloodrage
December 07, 2006, 04:08 AM
naruto will finish his jutsu and be heading on his way to help them kakashi will be taking out one by then hindan or kakuz and will be tired and need backup

razor
December 07, 2006, 04:13 AM
[based on raw]I think they really need a backup.Otherwise they will finished in this state if no other high damage or high skill jutsu perform by this team.They really something that really powerful to attack kakuzu.What a weird kakuzu.i think he something like zombie person.

So,my prediction is naruto will finish training and help them while kakashi if forcefully to use some kind of forbidden jutsu maybe mongekyou so this team stay alive.Maybe Ino and Chouji has something on their sleeves.(yeah maybe some kind a weird jutsu but not powerful)

nohm
December 07, 2006, 04:43 AM
Thing will become desperate for the team even after Kakashi is forced to drain his chakra by using Mangekyo. When it comes to the point where it seems like one of them will die for sure, thats when Kishi will bust a predictable move by bringing out Naruto, Yamato, and probably Sakura too. Sakura will probably have a hand in Hidan's death, and I think Kakuzu will barely escape to go report to the AL, or maybe even Akatsuki backup might come.

Ok, I'm hoping Kakashi get's unmasked in this battle. This is just a wild guess, but I think the Hatake "white chakra" has a relationship with why Kakashi masks his mouth. His dad was named the White Fang, so I'm thinkin although its a logical jumping point, it has to do something with chakra channeling out of their mouths...just a wild guess. :eyeroll

THASOLUTION
December 07, 2006, 04:44 AM
kakashi noted that kakuzu uses 3 elements for his jutsu's.. earth, lighting and wind. he also noted that a jutsu of this lvl would have to be countered wif the same elemental jutsu of the same lvl.

wif that said, konoha will be able to fight kakuzu once naruto's team arrive. kakashi can supply lighting, naruto wind and yamoto earth. kakashi also noted that kakuzu is stronger, so him, yamato and naruto will probabaly fight kakuzu while shikamaru, ino, chouji, sai and sakura will fight hidan.

kimi maro
December 07, 2006, 04:54 AM
Kakuzu master the 5 elements. This means that the first element monster which died was a water element.

!!!
Good luck team 10 :(

Raseru
December 07, 2006, 04:59 AM
Ok, I'm hoping Kakashi get's unmasked in this battle. This is just a wild guess, but I think the Hatake "white chakra" has a relationship with why Kakashi masks his mouth. His dad was named the White Fang, so I'm thinkin although its a logical jumping point, it has to do something with chakra channeling out of their mouths...just a wild guess. :eyeroll

Yeah, I was thinking that he'd be unmasked too, seeing as a little bit was already "burnt" off. With that white chakra theory, I think you're onto something. Good work!!

Damn right they need backup.

kungfooboi
December 07, 2006, 05:22 AM
well obviously kakashi's gonna use that thing that shikamaru gave him a couple chapters back.

Raseru
December 07, 2006, 05:24 AM
I sense backup on the way. It'll arrive just in time to counter the elemental ghosts.

kyubisharingan
December 07, 2006, 05:46 AM
Naruto training....for 4 pages then bak to Hidan and Kakuzu vs Shika's team

spacepope
December 07, 2006, 05:59 AM
Kakashi prolly cant make a high enough level water jutsu where there is no water... But Tenzo can.
Wouldnt supprise me if Tenzo and Naruto show up next chap.

kunai-knight
December 07, 2006, 06:02 AM
Well i thought that the earth one had already died, and that the one at the ending frame was actually a fire one, seeing as katon jutsu is somewhere about on the last page.

Anyways thats the second raikiri in a day he's used so he's probably gettin very drained right now.

Also I dont agree that sakura will help take down any aktasuki this time, it'll probably be Ino or another female definetly (itd better be Ino so that both her and sakura can have braggin rights for taking down an akatsuki member)

THat said though whats with the name of the next chapter? Omnipotent ruler? The akatsuki leader again? I seriously doubt tho ttebayo...

kimi maro
December 07, 2006, 06:05 AM
yes the last monster or ghost is a fire element monster/ghost. But kkshi doesnt need to have some water near him to use water element justu... am right or wrong ?

kyubisharingan
December 07, 2006, 06:20 AM
Also.....Kakashi will recive so much damage...we will see his face DUN DUN DUN^^

manji
December 07, 2006, 06:21 AM
well it's obvious that they need someone who can use high level water jutsu. and as far as we know there is only Tenzou who can use it. or may be the scroll Shikamaru took out can do something. but that or this way they need backup.

Well i thought that the earth one had already died, and that the one at the ending frame was actually a fire one, seeing as katon jutsu is somewhere about on the last page.
yes i totally agree with this.

Raseru
December 07, 2006, 06:26 AM
Yep, the Katon jutsu will (hopefully) burn off that mask that has sent ninja to the ends of the Earth to reveal his face. That picture will surely be saved on my computer and coloured by probably 100's of talented people (especially the ones here at MangaHelpers).

Panda
December 07, 2006, 06:32 AM
You guys didn't notice that on page 14 - 17 Shikamaru takes out a scroll to do something that we dont know.

Raseru
December 07, 2006, 06:44 AM
Wow, I just looked at the pages, you're right Panda. Good work!
Maybe he's writing down info on Kazuku's attacks for later reference.

OR

Maybe looking up something he wrote down prior to the battle. You know, when he was doing a little reading in the Konoha Library.

choucha0308
December 07, 2006, 06:53 AM
my prediction for chap. 335 is that Ino will do something.... Anything is good : even if she put her mind in a squirrel, it's good :amuse

More seriously, Team 10 can still defend themself : the scroll of Shika, the thing given to Kakashi and the mangekyou sharigan.

So I think they can finish Hidan before team 7's arrival.

Naruto training....for 4 pages then bak to Hidan and Kakuzu vs Shika's team

I don't think we will see Naruto training again but the last page of chapter 336 will be the team 7's "here we are" page :tem

Raseru
December 07, 2006, 07:04 AM
I doubt he'll be using MS any time soon. I mean, he's already used up his daily limit for Raikiri (or so we think), besides, he'll want to conserve chakra.

Raikiri 1. - Used to impale Kazuku.
Raikiri 2. - Attempted attack on Hidan.
Raikiri 3 & 4. - Used to protect Shika and Chou.

What will he do now?!

plop
December 07, 2006, 07:27 AM
I think in the end Hidan will be taken as captive... There has to be a reason why AL told all the akatsuki plans ^^. And if there is another jinchuriki in fire country, konoha will be contacting him.

kungfooboi
December 07, 2006, 07:29 AM
uhmm did we all happen to forget about the thing that shika gave kakashi? im sure that's gonna come up soon.

cyclone_inox
December 07, 2006, 07:43 AM
At this rate... if Kakashi doesn't have any new jutsus then team 10 is done for.... Unless someone with more elemental controls turns up... like Jiraiya.... I don't see how our naruto will cope with the situation neither... looks like physical attacks are useless against these guys....

then my prediction is,

1. Kakashi might come up with some forbidden jutsus....., I have no hope with 3 other chunnins...

2.Kakashi might stay back and fight these 2 in order for others to retreat ....

3. I hate to say this.. but someone in team 10 will ....... die - may be Ino

\hichic

eyeshild21
December 07, 2006, 07:55 AM
I thought that kakazu would die.in this chapter really unexpected event

happened.without backup ;team 10 can do nothing but a buying some time for naruto.

Even kakashi uses his mangekyou sharingan,nothing can change.

Two akatsuki and Three hollow VS Three chuunin(three brat) and one

jounin.impossible to win.

hayakı narutoooooooo

mugen
December 07, 2006, 08:08 AM
I have a feeling we will fianlly see kakahi's face in this batlle also the last one seems to be some trouble but it's fire and we all know that Kakashi can use water jutsu it should be no problem but it could be something else.
and oh I hope Naruto does'nt come.

Elros
December 07, 2006, 08:16 AM
I really dont think the fight is over for team 10....

some facts:

*if they are fisically invulnerable, Kakashi can still use genjutsu from sharingan.

*I really dont think shika's plan is totaly over yet (there are still the scrool and the thing he gave to kakashi).

Most important:

I predict that next time we see team 7 will be not in naruto training, but when they come to fight (hopefully in next chapter) :blink

bloodrage
December 07, 2006, 08:24 AM
that little tear in the mask, seems to imply we will see his face. but i doubt it, remember he wears two mask. and kakashi will lose all his coolness, if he takes off his mask. i mean how much diffrence could a mouth and a nose make .

it is time for shika and kakashis counter attack ino willl be included hence why she is out of hiding.

Rooks
December 07, 2006, 08:29 AM
That scroll is interesting.. obviously Shika planned for such an event where Hidan broke free before Kakuzu was destroyed. He even mentioned it would be 'troublesome' if they don't take out Kakuzu first, so I am sure he is still planning on doing that.

Also, when Hidan swiped at Kakashi and Kakashi dodged he had two big "!!" in his panel... That Scythe was awfully close to him - maybe he already put the vial of blood (if that's what it was) on the scythe? Hidan might not notice yet since they are doing team attacks..

Im thinking Kakashi uses a water jutsu to beat Kakuzu's next attack. I also think the Copy ninja will be able to use all 'counters' to Kakuzu's jutsus right now, so it will turn into a standstill. This will prompt Kakuzu who is also 'quite sharp' to realize that taking out Kakashi will win the fight for them, as without Kakashi the 'small fries' don't really have much of a chance.

This will prompt Hidan to notice blood on his scythe from 'kakashi' and move into his ritual while Kakuzu buys him time to complete it. The ritual is complete and Hidan goes for the kill, and that drops Kakuzu out of the fight. /endchapter (it'd be nice if all that actually happened...)

I don't think Naruto is needed in this fight - I know it'd be a nice way for him to show off his new jutsu, but I'd prefer for him to slap Sasuke up with it instead of a random Akatsuki member. That, or have him use it on Itachi to SAVE Sasuke from death when Itachi slaps sasuke down..... yea, that'd be awesome.

Vegitto
December 07, 2006, 08:30 AM
Damn, the drawing style seemed really sketchy.

Yondaime_101
December 07, 2006, 08:32 AM
Shika's next move will be to trap each ghost by his shadow jutsu!! That will be it for Kakuzu. Then he will summon Asuma and that will be it for Hidan. Kakashi will summon his hospital bed! That will be it for Kakshi!

laughing@you
December 07, 2006, 08:37 AM
Ino will try to posses Hidan. And she gets trapped in Hidan's mind fighting hidan's inner ego. Which in fact is why his inmortal!! Leaving Hidan inmobolize until that fight is over.

Meanwhile, the rest of team 10 are struggling just to keep up with Kakuzu. Kakashi manages to use Mangekyo sharingan twice destroying two mask, leaving kakashi out of chakra. Chouji and shikamaru have the task of destroying the last one.

What do you guys think of sequence of events?

Koen
December 07, 2006, 08:49 AM
No, naruto will not back up team 10, certainly not... I have a strong feeling he will not have finished his jutsu within that time limit. Next chapter will be about team 10 fighting kakuzu and hidan. They will be in need of a back-up, but I would like to see team kurenai (do not know the numbers) backing up team 10

DarkManSharingan32
December 07, 2006, 08:50 AM
You guys didn't notice that on page 14 - 17 Shikamaru takes out a scroll to do something that we dont know.

Yeah, i think he took it out to try and seal... or defend against that lightning attack.
Because once Kakashi dispels it, it looks like Shikamaru put it away.
---

I doubt he'll be using MS any time soon. I mean, he's already used up his daily limit for Raikiri (or so we think), besides, he'll want to conserve chakra.

What will he do now?!

That was Kakashi's limit 3.5 years ago...
Since he has advanced the level of his Mange in that time, lets also assume that his chakra capacity has boosted enough to afford him with at least 2 or three more Chidori. Which means, that while Kakashi is on the defensive... he surely isn't out quite yet.
----

Ok, and now for the chapter:

Well, well well...
Kakuzu is alive is he?

And summoning Hollows from his BACK, is he?
Well, what do we make of this?

Elemental Hollows, you say?
---

Well, next chapter will have some more Copy Ninja Heroics... with Kakashi sending off amazing jutsu after jutsu to counter Kakuzu while Shikamaru preps himself and comes up with some kind of strategy. We might see an attempt at the old Ino-Shika-Chou formation on Hidan... or they may be attacked by Hidan before they are able to finish the plan.

At any rate, Kakashi and Co. are going to need backup... and in a hurry.
So, at the end of the next chapter, i feel we will get a glimpse of the team that will be sent out.
---

The chapter preview is refering to either Tsunade or the A.L.
And will probably have something to do with back-up being sent.

If it is talking about the A.L., expect to see a few Akatsuki panels in the middle of the manga.
If it's Tsunade... expect to see her sending off a team at the end of the chapter... as well as looking a bit agitated during the middle.

Severely Senile
December 07, 2006, 09:37 AM
After reading (or TRYING to read, seeing as I hadn't use my Japanese in 3 years) this awesome full action chapter, I dare myself to predict:

1. That scroll Shikamaru pulled out was not notes. I know ninjas are fast, but speed reading in battle? Right. Anyways, I think it's some sort of forbidden jutsu that has something to do with immortality, which Shikamaru recently researched (mastered?) as shown in ch. 330 (the library scene). OR it can just be a plain ol' summon jutsu that Shikamaru has but seldom use (it's been more than 2 years, if Naruto can summon frogs other characters should be able to summon too).

2. That thing Shikamaru gave Kakashi in ch. 332 will play a part in this battle, though I doubt it will happen in the next chapter. Most likely it's a trump card that turned out to have been used when Kakashi impaled Kakuzu with Raikiri the first time, but only show its effects long afterwards. However, it is also possible that the thing will be used in conjunction with Shikamaru's scroll (this goes with the first possibility in prediction 1).

3. We will see some kick-ass binding and/or manipulating jutsu from Ino. She'd be a waste of a character (and in effect, panels and dialogues) otherwise. I used to edit books for a living, and if I was Kishimoto's editor and he put Ino there to just do nothing, I'd have told him to revise his work... AFTER I smack him upside the head with said work. So, even if it's only in this battle and she dissapear from the story afterwards, Ino will rock.

4. I don't think the back up will show up in the next chapter. In fact, I don't even think that the back up will have Naruto in it. I think it'll be Kurenai's team. I don't really have much logic to back this up besides the fact that Naruto said NOTHING about hurrying to finish his jutsu so he can back up Team 10 and went in to a dramatic "everything is for Sasuke" moment instead. Not that there's anything wrong with it. It just gave me a feeling that he won't show as Team 10's back up and we won't see his new jutsu anytime soon.

5. We will NOT see Kakashi's face. Even if his mask got ripped off, Kishimoto will use angles in which some object or other obstruct the view. Damn him.

Whew! I hope I didn't sound stupid :p

gold roger
December 07, 2006, 09:47 AM
Shika tries to figure out a counter.

Someone might get caught in Hidans jutsu.

We learn what Dr Evil told Ibiki about Kakuzu when the reinforcement team assembles and gets briefed.

Chapter ends with a full page of the reinforcement team, either team Kurenai or Sakura, Naruto, Sai and Tenzou.

DarkManSharingan32
December 07, 2006, 09:47 AM
5. We will NOT see Kakashi's face. Even if his mask got ripped off, Kishimoto will use angles in which some object or other obstruct the view. Damn him.

Whew! I hope I didn't sound stupid :p

Come on...
Kakashi isn't Wilson... and this isn't Home Improvement. lol

I too think Kakashi's mask is gonna be taken off...
Only if Tobi shows up eventually.

But hopefully not by Kakuzu.

Severely Senile
December 07, 2006, 10:02 AM
Ahahaha! I like Wilson.

You're right. If Tobi shows up there's a very good chance we'll see Kakashi's face. That is IF Tobi is really Obito.

neer
December 07, 2006, 10:04 AM
I think we need a sannin here... or is kakashi already sannin level his farther certainly was..??

ShadowStrike
December 07, 2006, 10:13 AM
Earth down.... Wind, fire and lightening to go..

Hopefully Shikamaru, Chouji and Ino have Fire, water and wind to counter them.

Finally, more of Kakuzu powers have been exposed. Don't forget that bald guy might reveal some useful information on the akatsuki for Naruto to know.

Zereul
December 07, 2006, 11:24 AM
Okay, here's what has been shown in the chapter (this will include assumptions) :

-The ghosts die when their masks are damaged/destroyed.

-The ghost that Kakashi killed would most likely have been the one that had the affinity with water since Kakuzu would've had all 5 elements at his disposal. It's fairly illogical for Kakuzu to have a ghost with an earth affinity since he is an earth-user himself.

-It has been shown that Kakuzu only has the ability to control one ghost at a time, unlike Sasori who could control a legion of puppets at any one time. If you look at the frames which show Kakuzu whilst he is using the ghosts, he is in a stance. If he were to break his stance, there is the possibility that he would lose control of the ghosts.

-Ino has figured out that the duo are using immortality to their advantage. At the end of the chapter, Ino jumps down from the tree to join up with Team 10. It is plausible that she will try to manifest into Kakuzu's body since he is curntly in a position where he is mentally vulnerable. Kakuzu only has physical protection at the moment; that being Hidan and his three elemental ghosts. In conjunction with the previous point, Ino may try to get into Kakuzu's head so that:

a) Stop the ghosts from attacking for the longest time possible.
b) Give Team 10 the option to attack Kakuzu again. (This is highly unlikely since Hidan's over there)
c) Make Kakuzu smack Hidan like a little bitch he is.

-Since it is to be expected that a high-level fire jutsu is going to be used against Team 10 in the next chapter...we can do a little backtracking...
Kakashi mentioned that an equally powerful jutsu from the same element would cancel out the other jutsu. Since there was the chain that was shown in chapter where fire beats wind, wind beats lightning, lightning beats water, and water beats water...we can use the Pokemon theory. If one element trumps the other, then we can assume that a slightly weaker jutsu of the trumping element would overpower the stronger jutsu of the weaker element.

-That scroll that Shikamaru took out would've been similar to the scroll that Jiraiya used to dispel the Amaterasu that Itachi used, except it would've been for lightning. >_> Perhaps Shikamaru will use that for the next attack.

Just some funny things that I noticed:

-Where the hell did Kakashi's jacket go? It would be suss if they flew away. It may be used as a plot device in the following chapters.

-Kakuzu stole Yoruichi's outfit. Look...it doesn't have shoulders of a back cover. >_>

This is a response to an earlier post regarding at to which why Kakashi didn't aim for the head: It's the same principle as to when shooting as a novice...you usually aim for the body since it is a bigger target. The head is a much smaller part of the body but if you attack the body and miss the heart, you still would've injured other internal organs such as the lungs, stomach, kidnet, etc. Although the head would've ended things much faster, it's much harder to hit and it would've been quite gruesome for something that appears in a weekly comic targeted at young males.

Piatch
December 07, 2006, 01:18 PM
goosh... will kakashi die too??? that can't be true.. and Shikamaru just can't die either...:P

Yondaime_101
December 07, 2006, 01:33 PM
I also think we need a sannin here...and Jiraya will show up with one of his toads blocking the fire jutsu. The difference in level is way too much! kakuzu by himself would probably own all of them, now we add Hidan to that? By the way If I am not mistaken It is the first time that we have 2 akatsuki members fighting as a team. Itachi and Kisame fought individually, but here they are using each others strength. I expect this battle to go on for 4-5 chapters like sasori's battle. Awesome more akatsuki genius!

ihearthinata
December 07, 2006, 01:51 PM
so i think in order to destroy Kakuzu, they have to defeat the faces/masks on his body in order to kill off those ghosts, which will then probably leave him vulnerable..??

endometrium
December 07, 2006, 02:03 PM
Kakashi's face will be revealed because of massive damage. And he will go on a rage because his buck-tooth face is seen by Team 10. This rage will cause him to own the 2 akatsukis.
J/K

Anyway, why do they need a sannin?
The object of this fight is to outsmart the enemy or defeat them with plain luck. It is more exciting for heroes to be underdogs rather than having the advantage. Really, you guys always want surefire victories but for me that would be boring.

Also, I don't hate Kakuzu, I loathe him.

Elldar
December 07, 2006, 02:07 PM
First of all, Jiraiya didn't countered Itachi's Amatersu in a direct hit, it was the remains, and don't think it could handle such thing. They need a water Jutsua besides, I belive team Naruto will come as support, next chapter......

Saifi
December 07, 2006, 02:11 PM
i dont think its been pointed out , but srry i case it has !

we clearly see that chouji was aghast with the whole kakuzu transformation but i liked how shika even though obviously surprised said that he wasnt surprised by these "little tricks" from akatsuki members , which tells me that this time his plan is not gonna fall apart ! he did his h/w but he also is mature enough to know that sometimes you just have to think on your feet !

the scroll.... umm. i donno what that was most likely some sort of defence , but then again i know that kakashi came to the rescue but again it shows that shika is not fazed too much , keeping his senses about so he WILL come back next chapter with his brains !

also for people who still doubt that kakashi is Ak level , i wanna say that the compliment that kakuzu gave kakashi for being the only one to escape that combo jutsu is enough to show that kakashi is the $hit !

plus i think the berserker rage that people have been expectiing is not gonna happen ! i mean when u have 4 , ok not 4 but 3 elemental apparations that do serious damage who really needs unruley brawling !

Plus i predict that kishi is once again gonna ditch us audience and make us concentrate on the flashy stuff in the fight while sneaking a clever shikamaru scheme that seems like insignificant things right now , (ex: the scroll, we Think its for defence but it could be anything ! )

Lastly for next week the omnipotent ruler is probably AL , who is NOT going to be appearing next chapter ! But next chapter i predict another kewl kombo with hidan and kakuzu !

smoke
December 07, 2006, 02:16 PM
its kinda wierd seeing kakashi bieng thrown around like that but kk still has a cuple trump cards left

*hell block one attack with kakuzas iron skin jutsu

*mangekyou

*and im pretty sure he can use about two more chidor's without losing all chakra

laughing@you
December 07, 2006, 02:16 PM
i dont think its been pointed out , but srry i case it has !

the scroll.... umm. i donno what that was most likely some sort of defence , but then again i know that kakashi came to the rescue but again it shows that shika is not fazed too much , keeping his senses about so he WILL come back next chapter with his brains !

also for people who still doubt that kakashi is Ak level , i wanna say that the compliment that kakuzu gave kakashi for being the only one to escape that combo jutsu is enough to show that kakashi is the $hit !

plus i think the berserker rage that people have been expectiing is not gonna happen ! i mean when u have 4 , ok not 4 but 3 elemental apparations that do serious damage who really needs unruley brawling !

Plus i predict that kishi is once again gonna ditch us audience and make us concentrate on the flashy stuff in the fight while sneaking a clever shikamaru scheme that seems like insignificant things right now , (ex: the scroll, we Think its for defence but it could be anything ! )

Lastly for next week the omnipotent ruler is probably AL , who is NOT going to be appearing next chapter ! But next chapter i predict another kewl kombo with hidan and kakuzu !

Yes thank you kakashi is the s$#t!!!

And good point about kakuzu's rage!! Now we know that he mostlikely has inner demons (masks) to control, and sometimes he has to let loose!!

Probably Hidan has tasted those attacks, but we already know he won't go down that easily!!

Probably one those mask goes "SMOKIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!"

Zevin64
December 07, 2006, 02:26 PM
I don't think that backup is gonna arrive, nor should it come. I think for personal reasons it's better that team 10 with Kakashi's help defeat these guys to avenge Asuma.

I think they can do this...Kakashi still hasn't used his trump card the mangekyou, and I'm sure between him and Shikimaru their brains can figure out a way to defeat Hidan and Kakuzu's supposed 'immortality'.

alias85
December 07, 2006, 02:27 PM
whats with the scroll in shikamaru's hand right before him and chouji were about to get hit?

sheep1315
December 07, 2006, 02:28 PM
correct me if am wrong...
but did kakashi shoot the raikiri out his hands ???
or was it that he was canceling the blast from the masked ghost ?

laughing@you
December 07, 2006, 02:32 PM

It seems like both hands!! He used raikiri to cancel or counter kakuzu's attack!

Saifi
December 07, 2006, 02:44 PM
i like smoke's idea of kakashi copying the skin harden jutsu since it clearly used seals and is not a bloodline (that is if kakashi knows earth jutsus) that way he wouldnt have to dodge hidan's scythe and maybe ...(i dont want it but ) if people reeeeeeeeeeeally wanna see the berserker kakuzu (which is only acceptable after the other 3 ghost thingies die) maybe the 2 KKs can go at it tai jutsu style !

deathshadow25
December 07, 2006, 02:49 PM

I'm pretty sure it was im cancelling it out with his raikiri and the 2 energies merging made it look like he was shooting it out of his palms.

I really like this chapter but it almost makes you feel bad for Asuma cause compared to Kakashi he was practically chuunin level.

This is going to be major I'm pretty sure Kakashi won't use his pinwheel sharingan until ihe thinks it's his only chance but the thing is that whn he uses it he is almost completely drained of energy.

The scroll tha Shikamaru pulled out it could be made of the special chakra abrorbing tree and it could absorb the chakra released from kakazu. Although it is unlikely that a scroll of that paper could absorb that much chakra.

One Question is Chidori and Raikiri the same thing? I thought they were different.

Saifi
December 07, 2006, 02:55 PM
its raikiri when kakashi uses it , since he did "cut lightening" with it ,its chidori for sauske !

laughing@you
December 07, 2006, 02:57 PM
its raikiri when kakashi uses it , since he did "cut lightening" with it ,its chidori for sauske !

noup!! There's two version!! Raikiri its a more powerfull chidori. But at the beginning kakashi also started with chidori!!

kyubisharingan
December 07, 2006, 02:59 PM

What will he do now?!

hey, his is one of the best ninja in Konoha. Im sure he has something up his sleeves....unless they get torn off. Besides, Its not like Kakashi hasnt been training for the past 2.5 years.

Damn, the drawing style seemed really sketchy.

Wat the hell does that have to do with a prediction??!?!

aznhotbod
December 07, 2006, 02:59 PM
that is if kakashi knows earth jutsus)

I think he has used many doton jutsu (such as earth decapitation, and how he hid into the earth to avoid the fireball attack).

I dont think Naruto will be inthe backup, since he just finished his trainig and requires rest (as does Tenzo who seems to be just as drained as Naruto with those sealing jutus); but I do think there might be a backup.

Dont think kkshi will use MS; the only reason he used MS on Deidara was he couldnt use Raikiri over the long distance. It remains unclear how much chakra he has left even to use MS.

I like the idea that he probably was able to copy the Iron skin jutsu to block the fire jutsu. I dont think kkshi has used his trump card. Kishi left many openings that he can pretty much continue the story from many angles.

kyubisharingan
December 07, 2006, 03:14 PM
i think the backup is Team Gai...at least i hope. NO no, Team Kurenai. Im pretty sure she would like revenge on Hidan and Kakuzu

SuperMaxZero
December 07, 2006, 03:16 PM
It's fairly likely the Iron-skin jutsu is too high for Kakashi to use, since he doesn't specialize in Earth. Or it may even be a unique ability (Gaara's Ryuusa Bakyru also uses handsigns, but it's unique). After all, I think having ghosts on his back alone proves enough that not a whole lot is normal about Kakuzu.

As for Team 10...good luck. Ino came out of hiding, Kakashi and Shika are running low on chakra, and Shika put away that scroll. They've basically got nothing left.

As for the result of this fight...I don't Kakuzu is going away soon. His healing abilitis, his strange eyes, the mask, his insane rage, the fact that he has ghosts on his back, the mask and the wire hands, coming from a no-name village, being obsesssed with money...Kakuzu is still a mystery. They didn't even explain why he's still alive (Mask or no, he had a hole in his chest before, but it's gone now).

dfcarolinaguy
December 07, 2006, 03:23 PM
wow, this has been the best chapter in a long time lol, anyways i predict kakashi and Shika are going to go wild, but at the end Hidan and Kakuzu will have pinned them down, and then we see Naruto showing up to save the day[br]Posted on: December 07, 2006, 03:21:04 PM_________________________________________________actually kakuzu is from a village they have named in the past i think it waterfall village, but hidan the one were no one knows where he came from

Uchiha Slayer
December 07, 2006, 03:25 PM
I think this battle will drag out for at least 2 more chapters. I see lot of people are going with the obvious. See Kishi is a smart man. He's throwing in unexpected suprises to throw everybody off.

Let me state the obvious for the next chapter:

1.Naruto and team Kakashi might come to the rescue
2. Kakashi counters all of Kakuzu's attacks with sharingan
3. Kakashi uses MS
4.team 10 takes care of Hidan
5. Shikamaru uses that scroll
6.Kakashi uses that thing Shikamaru gave him in chapter 331
7. Kakashi mask comes off (not likely) :p
8. Akutsuki backup
9. Obito comes
10. ero sennin comes

So we now got all that crap out the way. Lets think outside the box. hum, what would kishi do to try to counter our predictions. This is what came up with, those ghostly things that came out of kakuzu probely cant see in the dark. So what could confuse them= a SMOKE BOMB! I think Shikamaru will pull that one out the hat. Then remember Ino is still in the cut. Only thing Ino has done is find the enemy. Another thing out the box is, KURANI showing up. It'll be a great time for that tree jutsu that she used for Itachi, especially with smoke in the air. Then I think we will see Ibiki talking to that dude he's interragating.

Come on people, lets think out the box

Saifi
December 07, 2006, 03:32 PM
umm.. zero i thought the whole ghost thing does explain why hes alive ! cause what died was a part of him , not him completely also i guess it was chakra threads that he used out of his arms so they arnt a mystery either, i am thinking the healing abilities are there cause his body is just a container for the ghosts , its not really real (kinda sasorish) ...and his money obsession was explained by the AL , even tho who really needs a reason to be obsessed with money (heck i am obsessed with money )

so ya i seriously doubt that kakzu still has YET more things up his sleeve , i mean the atk kakashi survived noone has ever survived , that alone tells you that most their opponents dont last this long ... so unless they have sth they have never b4 used themselves i think the mystry about kakazu is all but solved !

edit : kurenai comming isnt thinking out of the box AT ALL ! (just a note)

SuperMaxZero
December 07, 2006, 03:58 PM
Um, all of that is speculation, and probably false (He controls the ghost, not vice-versa...he also has blood, hence a semi-normal body.

Oh, and by no-name village, I know he's from Waterfall. But he's the only one (Sides Hidan, who presumably comes from a minor village, since it's unamed as of yet) to come from a minor village, despite being so powerful.

Also, I doubt he uses chakra threads, being that his arms are attached to his body with those wires and can move on their own. Chakra threads don't have those properties, and that would mean he had no arms before using chakra...

kunalmalik
December 07, 2006, 04:02 PM
How in the hell is Naruto going to get to the scene of the battle in time.

Kishi will still have to show Tsunade ordering someone to leave immediately. Unless Naruto learned/learns the yellow flash move, there is no way he can get there in time.

The battle is too one sided at this moment and the level of the 2 akatsui's is too high for kakashi to block off their attacks for too long. Plus you all may have noticed it doesn't take long to carry out an attack/combo attack by hidan and kazaku.

thenghtcrawler
December 07, 2006, 04:11 PM
i think this is callin sasuske because it is wit fire element and sasuske can do it.....yeah it will be nice if we see them fight again

sasuske actin tough and shit

Saifi
December 07, 2006, 04:12 PM
i know me included i will be hated by many for this but...

what if the omnipotent emperor or whatever is a reference to the 4th (hokage not mizu or kazekage) how he with his yellow flash was almost omnipotent ! and maybe that may be the "that jutsu" that naruto will bust out to come outta no where to beat the akatsukis ( also that naruto put a seal on kakashi , so he knows where to end up)

*runs and hides*

Cbot
December 07, 2006, 04:13 PM
If you think about it,Kakashi mght die at this battle unless there is a backup team that joins them.

Saifi
December 07, 2006, 04:15 PM
If you think about it,Kakashi mght die at this battle unless there is a backup team that joins them.

bLASPHEMY !!!

laughing@you
December 07, 2006, 04:20 PM

what if the omnipotent emperor or whatever is a reference to the 4th (hokage not mizu or kazekage) how he with his yellow flash was almost omnipotent ! and maybe that may be the "that jutsu" that naruto will bust out to come outta no where to beat the akatsukis ( also that naruto put a seal on kakashi , so he knows where to end up)

*runs and hides*

Yeah you better run!! joking lol

Why ppl keep resurrecting the 4th??? His dead!! Let the guy be in peace!!

Let naruto shine!!!

Natan
December 07, 2006, 04:23 PM
I don't know if kakashi will gonna die or not, but i say that now he gonna show everything that he have.
I predict that after this fight everybody will know what elements he have what his real power etc, if he is the real genius this is time time to prove,even if he lose done great things will be enough to nobody complain, after all this two guys are kage level

bbluem
December 07, 2006, 04:24 PM
I Think that Shikamaru will do anything with the Scroll he is holding in his hand.
Kakashi will soon be at his limit. I think he has not many options anymore.
Naruto will need some time do perfect his jutsu so he and team 7 will not reach tem fast enough.

But there is one person that is extremely strong, knows exactly how to deal with Fire Jutsu that is sneaking around to gather information about the Akatsuki.
Jiraiya knew nearly as fast as the Hokage what happened to Gaara.
Then he surely know what happened to Asuma and that there are at least 2 Akatsuki members in the fire country that may be after Naruto.

Cause of all these facts i think that in the next chapter Jiraiya will apear to help them out.

Saifi
December 07, 2006, 04:31 PM
i donno i dont see ero senin anytime soon ! that would be worse than naruto bailing team 10 out ! do we really want hidan and kakuzo to be like "itachi and kisame didnt fight him either ! " lets just go back !

i want to think that this fight (however long) will be the last for hidan and kakuzu ! plus i dont think kakashi has enough chakra to show ALL his 1000 odd jutsus lol ! but i agree that he will show why he is a legend as well !

and laughing i didnt mean to ressurect the 4th ,just the memory of him , u know kinda how at the funeral people saw naruto and were like "OMFG is that the 4th ? no ... its just naruto .. but dam !"

still i guess i just cant keep my trap shut once i have nothing else to do , so even tho i ran and hid i came back to post :-s !

enzomars
December 07, 2006, 04:40 PM

*runs and hides*

Geeeeezzzzzz! us!

That's some freakin twisted mind you got there :XD

Ask for predictions: Fire jutsu wont hurt Kakashi ( he seems to understand Water chakra manipulation ).
Shikamaru will adjust his plan with the infos he got on Kazuku,
Kakashi will act like a shield, while Ino on Chouji make their moves according to Shika's new plan :)

Severely Senile
December 07, 2006, 05:01 PM
Hmm... Kakashi as shield huh? What if THAT was the plan from the beginning? "Kakashi sensei, now that you're here, you can be their punching bag while I figure out how to beat them." Then, as shown, Kakashi thought, "I just joined the team and he already puts me in his plan. He's really something..." LOL

weixiaobao
December 07, 2006, 05:03 PM
well, kakuzu didn't die YEAHHHHHHH........
Like alot of people thought there is so much to him, he he he....
And he not only good at one or two element he like super awesome....

Those thing come out of him... (since there is no color) may be blood (then he a mutant) or ink or oil (he a robot)

King
December 07, 2006, 05:06 PM
Some people are saying Naruto can't possibly reach the site of the fight in time, but if you remember back to the fight between Kyuubi-4 and Orochimaru, Yamato shows that he can transport himself forward on a branch of wood like a bullet train... so yea... not that what I'm saying will be read by the people who ruled out Naruto being able to come to the battle in time anyways.

mars0103
December 07, 2006, 05:11 PM
Some people are saying Naruto can't possibly reach the site of the fight in time, but if you remember back to the fight between Kyuubi-4 and Orochimaru, Yamato shows that he can transport himself forward on a branch of wood like a bullet train... so yea... not that what I'm saying will be read by the people who ruled out Naruto being able to come to the battle in time anyways.

mybe naruto has a speed inhassment jutus from air charka

grusifix
December 07, 2006, 05:12 PM
I think that Hidan is going to kill Kazuku. Kakashi had some Kazuku's blood/chakra in his hand and put it to the scythe. After that Hidan starts to cry because he lost his best friend and Ino takes advantage of the situation. After that Shika tells Ino how to perform the ritual one more time.

It is possible that Narutoverse explodes because of this paradox. Maybe Kakashi teleports Hidan to an other dimension at the last moment.

weixiaobao
December 07, 2006, 05:14 PM
hmm, interesting, Kazuku die by Hidan's hand eh....

But we still don't know what is the basic of Hidan's jutsu..

FatalFlaw
December 07, 2006, 05:16 PM
Definitely no Jiraya. That'd be incredibly lame.
Furthermore, didn't Kakashi say while he was training Sasuke, that he could perform four Chidori before hitting his limit?

He said Sasuke can do two, and himself, four. Right?

spactaa
December 07, 2006, 05:26 PM
I think this battle will drag out for at least 2 more chapters. I see lot of people are going with the obvious. See Kishi is a smart man. He's throwing in unexpected suprises to throw everybody off.

Let me state the obvious for the next chapter:

1.Naruto and team Kakashi might come to the rescue
2. Kakashi counters all of Kakuzu's attacks with sharingan
3. Kakashi uses MS
4.team 10 takes care of Hidan
5. Shikamaru uses that scroll
6.Kakashi uses that thing Shikamaru gave him in chapter 331
7. Kakashi mask comes off (not likely) :p
8. Akutsuki backup
9. Obito comes
10. ero sennin comes

So we now got all that crap out the way. Lets think outside the box. hum, what would kishi do to try to counter our predictions. This is what came up with, those ghostly things that came out of kakuzu probely cant see in the dark. So what could confuse them= a SMOKE BOMB! I think Shikamaru will pull that one out the hat. Then remember Ino is still in the cut. Only thing Ino has done is find the enemy. Another thing out the box is, KURANI showing up. It'll be a great time for that tree jutsu that she used for Itachi, especially with smoke in the air. Then I think we will see Ibiki talking to that dude he's interragating.

Come on people, lets think out the box

Kurenai is in the damn box dude. Plus a smoke bomb sucks, why not a KUNAI. To be honnest I prefer what is in the box, it may be obvious, but it's not lame.

PS:I'm 99% sure the scroll is an element sealing scroll, like the one jiraya used against amaterasu.

Furthermore, didn't Kakashi say while he was training Sasuke, that he could perform four Chidori before hitting his limit?

He said Sasuke can do two, and himself, four. Right? (from fatal flow)

That was years ago, it can be more, it can be less now(but lol, that would be lame).

mars0103
December 07, 2006, 05:30 PM
hmm, interesting, Kazuku die by Hidan's hand eh....

But we still don't know what is the basic of Hidan's jutsu..

think the start of FMA a long those lines

mugen
December 07, 2006, 05:59 PM
did anyone notice that Kakashi has already used Raikiri thrice and he said he could only use it 4 times this is bad for Kakashi unless he can do it now more than 4 times

Rurouni Gio
December 07, 2006, 06:01 PM
For those asking what else can kakashi do right now after using 3 ~ 4 Raikiri. When he said "i can use this jutsu twice a day" in the Kakashi gaiden, he was talking about the full powered one (20 Hits againts those kagebunshin = was a use), that was chidori and not Raikiri of course, but i'm sure he can use likely 9 Raikiri a day right now (he was out of fit when he fought Zabuza after all,), and if you watch carefully, Kakashi didn't take too much of a time to perform them, so Those wasn't full powered or Kakashi's Jutsu speed improved a lot. With that said, here are the possibilities.

1.- Kakashi can steal open the first/Life gate, and recover Stamina, and chakra.
2.- In my opinion (in accord to my theory), Kakashi can open 5 Gates, so if he is to go all out he can open 5 gates, go berserk-raikiri/Ms like with the increseament of Chakra & Speed, and then fo to the hospital for a month if he wants (but he'll most likely have taken out 2 Akatsuki members if he actually goes 5 gates xP)
3.-I also like the mask + White chakra power up theory, if it does happen, things will go crazy, and Kakashi's only weakness (Chakra amount), would disappear = in other words, the fight woudn't have ened for him
4.-He still can use that thingy Shika gave him
5.-If any of those happen, i think he still has enough chakra to counter the next attack, and kill at least one of the three reamining Masks, or go all out and try to kill the 3 of them at once
6.-He can show some new jutsu
7.-He may have a plan (after all he is as inteligent as shikamaru, but more experienced, and the two of them are together :D)
8.- MS (He actually used it 3 times against Deidara, and failed becuase of the distances (riping his hand was a fail, so imagine if it actually hits completly), so i guess he can use it at least once right now
9.-I think Hidan's weakness is Genjutsu, so Sharingan is going to own xP

Finally, i hope Naruto doesn't come... just another back up if needed.

mugen
December 07, 2006, 06:04 PM
yes if Naruto comes that'll ruin the momentum matter of fact nobody should come I mean it was bad enough when Asuma's team had to be saved so please Masashi don'r ruin it or you'll ruin Kakashi

bbluem
December 07, 2006, 06:06 PM
Maybe you are all right.

I Think the chances that anybody will show up in the next chapter to backup Team 10 are very slim.

I think Naruto, Sakura, Sai and Yamato will earliest apear in chapter 336 maybe 337 at the battleground.

The thinks that the things that will happen next will have something to do with the scroll Shikamaru is holding and with the tiny thing Shikamaru gave to Kakashi while they where planning here attack pattern.

Another possibilities would be :
1. The secret pills of chouji's clan he used during the hunt for Sasuke.
2. We don't know much of Ino's fighting capabilities. It seems she is now a medical Ninja so fighting Jutsus are not her speciality.
3. Would be Kakashi using his new Sharingam abilities and sending the both to another dimension.

weixiaobao
December 07, 2006, 06:28 PM
3. Would be Kakashi using his new Sharingam abilities and sending the both to another dimension.

not another dimesion (it just a state of mind)

kadodo
December 07, 2006, 06:34 PM
Definitely no Jiraya. That'd be incredibly lame.

He said Sasuke can do two, and himself, four. Right?

You probably right but he will not only use his lightning elements. When you look at it Kakuzu has three ghost that have three different kind of chakra. I'm pretty sure Kakashi has a technique to fight these techniques since he himself know over a 1000+ jutsus.

The second option I see, he will probably be able to copy some of Hidan's techniques.

enzomars
December 07, 2006, 06:36 PM
not another dimesion (it just a state of mind)

A state of mind?
That's an explosive state of mind Deidara got back there :p

sahugani
December 07, 2006, 06:44 PM
well i think that this chapter will be about holding their ground more than anything with team 7 leaving konoha at the end. ino shouted out and is thus entangled in the fight now. while kakashi tries to protect himself and the others from kakuzu, hidan will take attempt to take on the "small fry" possibly starting with ino cause he's an ass.

for the battle overall i have a prediction. at some point 2 or more chapters from now team 7 will arrive and kakashi will put all his energy to use suiton jutsu to take down the fire ghost and open up an opportunity for naruto to destroy kakuzu with kazengan. i say this because kakashi is already struggling and does not have it in him to take down kakuzu, so he will do what he can to cover naruto. after this, it will be all about team 10 and hidan. remember that shikamau was prepared to go into battle with knowlege of hidan's attacks, so his original plan is most specifically oriented to killing hidan and the deviations would be based on kakuzu's interferance. kakashi will toss whatever shikamaru gave him (i dont think it is for blood) to team 10 as he is too tired and the original plan will be carried out to nullify hidan's immortality. hopefully it will be shikamaru dealing the final blow

enzomars
December 07, 2006, 06:52 PM
I like the way you think "Sahugani"

It all suits a nice logic.
But the problem with Naruto is that at the end ... nothing logical ever happens.

Still very nice prediction. I'll bet on that one.

Uchiha Slayer
December 07, 2006, 06:56 PM
Kurenai is in the damn box dude. Plus a smoke bomb sucks, why not a KUNAI. To be honnest I prefer what is in the box, it may be obvious, but it's not lame.

PS:I'm 99% sure the scroll is an element sealing scroll, like the one jiraya used against amaterasu.
(from fatal flow)

That was years ago, it can be more, it can be less now(but lol, that would be lame).

Smoke bombs sucks? :o It's all about the elemant of suprise. Yes throwing a smoke bomb is a good plan. Kurenai is out the box. We havn't seen to much of Kurenai as far as jutsus goes.

ihearthinata
December 07, 2006, 07:07 PM
i predict when they try to attack Kakashi, he will do the hand gestures to make his body turn solid like Kakuzu, and then will begin the layeth the beat down they deserve

sheep1315
December 07, 2006, 07:23 PM
ok ok
is anyone else here tired of the constant mutations and seemingly invincible enemies and log drawn out battles....
what happen to the good old hand to hand, jutsu to jutsu ninja fights
i was hoping for a quick death for kakuzu
but this fight will prolly go on for a while
shika has plans to work out and hidan and kakuza have more jutsu and aces to pull outa their sleeves
look likes another sasori lenght fight folks

weixiaobao
December 07, 2006, 07:30 PM
Suddendly the genjutsu master (asuma's lover) appear and (since Hidan can't die) he suffer mentally sickness for the rest of his life... and konoha ninja surround him and each gave him a good kick in the ass...

A state of mind?
That's an explosive state of mind Deidara got back there :p

you right I remember now... my bad

lexx
December 07, 2006, 07:47 PM
Kakuzu's elemental mastery is far beyond what Kakashi can deal with. That dark lightning attack took a two-handed raikiri to stop, and you saw the blood fly from Kakashi's hands - it looks like he didn't quite completely nullify the attacks.

Unfortunately, I predict this is going to be another one of those fights where, once finished, Kakashi won't be able to move for a couple weeks.

In any case...Team 10 may or may not show up (I figure they will, it's a good chance for Naruto to show off his completed rasengan. ). For some reason I predict we'll see team 10 bashed around, and Hidan get caught by his own sacrifice technique.

sblackburn
December 07, 2006, 07:49 PM
Oh the lies. I've not read the entire feed on this, but you all seem to be forgetting that Kakashi can copy jutsus. After his long time in the field, he's definately seen at least one jutsu of every element, so if any jutsu comes up, he can use it.

Back on one of the previous chapters Kakashi states "Jounin level ninja can use at least two elements". I think what makes kakashi so feared is that not only can he see through and copy the opponents jutsu, but he can use every element....

There will be no back up necessary if this is true. However, if...
1)Kakashi runs out of chakra (v.probable)
2)The hollows mix chakra types to produce a new element (like wood/ice etc)
3)something goes titsup

then Naruto and Sakura will be there for back up, if not team Kurneai first. Otherwise Sakura's suggestion of team 7 being a backup would've been surplus to the plot, and kishi doesn't do that :)

Don't think any Akatski'll show, tho would be hilarious ;)

jairdan6
December 07, 2006, 07:50 PM
i think that kakashi will serve as team 10's guinea pig and with that shikamaru throws together plan and then the three team members will somehow kick some ass. in anycase, yeah kakashi's going to the hospital again.

mrwhos
December 07, 2006, 07:50 PM
Off-topic!!!!

Guys Raikiri is stronger then Chidori wich have some of you said but the fact is Riakiri is Chidori with Lightning ELemenetal chakra insterted and that's why he can cut of a Lightning bolt.

Sorry for my bump in, now go back to prediction.

weixiaobao
December 07, 2006, 07:52 PM
I wonder the akatsuki using jutsu or Kekkei genkai?
If it just jutsu.. the kaka can copy almost anything

sblackburn
December 07, 2006, 07:54 PM
Off-topic!!!!

Guys Raikiri is stronger then Chidori wich have some of you said but the fact is Riakiri is Chidori with Lightning ELemenetal chakra insterted and that's why he can cut of a Lightning bolt.

Sorry for my bump in, now go back to prediction.

Riakiri's just another name for the same thing though right?

"It's also called Raikiri as Kakashi once cut through lightning with it" Gai
"Wow!" Chouji
"Damn that sounds fake"Ino

Said when Sasuke first whips out the chidori vs gaara

SuperMaxZero
December 07, 2006, 07:56 PM
I'm liking this...good old-fashioned hand-to-hand is practically useless nowdays, because the enemie's powers jumped from unreal to downright supernatural. Of course, I'd like to see of the old stuff again, too.

USC Trojans
December 07, 2006, 08:01 PM
Right now, looking at how the storylines intertwine, I think Kakashi's role is to stall time until Shikamaru can think of something. And that in turn is used to stall time until Naruto come in with his uber rasengan.

I believe Naruto would have completed his jutsu by the next chapter and begins on his journey to back up Kakashi and Shika. Meanwhile, we'll also get a hint on what the vial is being used for.

lexx
December 07, 2006, 08:02 PM
It seems that Kakuzu's body & life is similar to Suitengu Chouji from Speed Grapher. He uses his own blood as a weapon & to enhance his abilities.

Also: I don't really think we can compare these techniques & abilities of the Akatsuki to Bloodline Limits & normal jutsu. All the Akatsuki seem to be unique.

Toad Sage
December 07, 2006, 08:03 PM
Did anyone else notice Kakashi got whacked with the Hidan scythe? I predict the wrath of God is coming for Kakashi-senpai! I also predict it is obvious to predict Naruto is going to save the day, although I think we may lose poor Shikamaru to this battle in the end. At first I felt he may be more than dead weight in spite of the foreshadowed outcome on the shougi board. Now, after seeing the terrible power of Kakuzu unleashed and already knowing what Hidan is capable of, I don't the old spiked-meat tank is going to save anyone.

I also predict that it is unwise to predict we'll be seeing Naruto in a battle capacity any time soon. This fight is set up to drag on for decades, as there are about a million different ways someone can look dead and suddenly grow eighteen machine guns on their face and kill everyone (for example, this latest chapter). I predict this battle will not end before the summer time, when we finally see Naruto emerge to Kazengan something and act all heroic for saving the twitching nostril of Kakashi that's left over after the Akatsuki attack.

Lastly, why are people saying Kakashi is fatigued? He lost his Konohoa jacket, but I think as a seasoned warrior he has enough stamina to last through the warm up to a big fight. I predict Kakashi is not out of the fight just yet, because I think it is fairly obvious we're supposed to feel there is no hope and everyone is going to die but then oh wait! Shikamaru and/or Kakashi notice something that lets them stay alive until Naruto shows up, seems to save everyone, get his ass kicked, but then makes it through the fight to save everyone at the last second anyway... This is getting exhausting.

bloodrage
December 07, 2006, 08:24 PM
naruto will save the day. im sure of it, and yamato will help. sakura assit with the healing of everyone ,sai will be the bait, or distraction. wonder how sai's training hmmm gonna be good to see them kick some butt.

Angeru
December 07, 2006, 08:39 PM
Hmmmm...
My predictions for next week are:

Someone bring in the stretcher cause i predict the word Mangekyou will be all over the forums.

And right at the end of the chapter, naruto, sai, sakura and yamato will arrive in a glorius "à la supaa sentai" pose.

jfdrummer430
December 07, 2006, 09:22 PM
Kakashi countered the lightning jutsu with his own lightning jutsu, so the first thing that came to my mind at the end of the chapter with a fire attack incoming is that it will take a large fire attack to stop it. We know of two characters that are very prominent with Katon, Sasuke and Itachi. Sasuke would clearly be the more likely of the two to show up. We know that Sasuke and Oro want Akatsuki members and they have no real reason to kill Team 10 or Kakashi, so the idea of them teaming up against a common enemy isn't too farfetched. If Itachi showed up, that would be VERY interesting. I've gotten the distinct impression throughout Part 2 that Itachi is hiding something. He always seems hesitant to give up information on Naruto or has a distressed look when they talk about fighting Naruto, almost as if he doesn't want to see any harm come to him, but doesn't want to ruin his standing in Akatsuki either. For Itachi to show up unexpected and help defeat Hidan and Kakuzu would certainly throw the series in a whole new direction. Kishimoto certainly likes to make us look one way and then go the other at the last second to keep us on our toes, so I personally don't rule this sort of thing out entirely, but I will agree with whoever replies to this that it is very unlikely :)

Really, I just think it would be cool to have the chapter start off with a Katon: Grand Fireball no Jutsu! out of nowhere and then we see Sasuke standing there with shocked looks on everyone's face. It would be a lot like the out of nowhere surprise of Asuma saving Shikamaru, Lee jumping in to save Naruto, the Sand 3 saving Shika/Kiba/Lee, or for you DBZ watchers out there, when Tien used his little Triangle attack thing to save Gohan from an attack by Buu. I love those scenes...

As far as other backup is concerned, I would say only Team 7 or Jiraya are likely. Gai's team was there to fight fake Kisame, and I think in the end it will be their job to finish him off (and maybe one other like Zetsu). Team 10 is obviously taking out Hidan and/or Kakuzu. Team 7 took out Sasori and defeated Diedara, but they are the main characters, so they might get a little piece of each fight. I think Kurenai's team (cant remember their number) will be involved in the next fight against Akatsuki and not show up here. It would be great to see the sand nins show up, but that isn't very logical right now considering their positions in the sand village, but will certainly show up down the line to help, probably against AL or something.

But yeah... the Sasuke/Itachi thing was just another thing to think about since it seems like most of the posts so far have been involving the same few things.

smoke
December 07, 2006, 09:31 PM
you know its fuuny because shkimaru, choji, and ino wanted to act tuff and go fight hidan and kakuza by them self.

i mean lord knows what would of happen if kakshi wasn't there

mrwhos
December 07, 2006, 09:41 PM
Off topic or maybe not

Katon: Grand Fireball no Jutsu Jiraya also can do that jutsu. When the 3 sanin fough each other. Well maybe not much for a prediction i have to say:

Jiraya comes and do Katon: Grand Fireball no Jutsu and save Team 10 and it's about time to see that perverted hermit.

kadodo
December 07, 2006, 09:44 PM
My prediction is this, Kakashi can use one more element othet than lightning and Chouji and Shikamaru will be able to hold off Hidan.

jfdrummer430
December 07, 2006, 09:50 PM
Off topic or maybe not

Katon: Grand Fireball no Jutsu Jiraya also can do that jutsu. When the 3 sanin fough each other. Well maybe not much for a prediction i have to say:

Jiraya comes and do Katon: Grand Fireball no Jutsu and save Team 10 and it's about time to see that perverted hermit.

Yeah, but people had already mentioned the idea of Jiraya so I left him out of my prediction. My goal was to get new ideas out there so we aren't bouncing the same two ideas back and forth for a week :)

husnimubarak
December 07, 2006, 09:53 PM
Off topic or maybe not

jiraiya used the oil from gamabunta..!!! if i'm not mistaken..

next chapter..
shika would do the breakdown with the info he gained..
he will counter kakuzu's jutsus.. if he escaped the fire though.. :darn

next chapter.. another Hidan's like analisys on kakuzu by shika. :smile-big

CTS
December 07, 2006, 10:00 PM
I think that team 10 will hold off Kakuzu's elemental attacks until he uses wind, when Naruto will come in with his new jutsu to counter it, I'm not sure if anybody has said this yet I just finished reading the chapter

kadodo
December 07, 2006, 10:05 PM
I think that team 10 will hold off Kakuzu's elemental attacks until he uses wind, when Naruto will come in with his new jutsu to counter it, I'm not sure if anybody has said this yet I just finished reading the chapter

That's a good prediction, let's hope to see naruto's new jutsu in the next few chapters.

Raseru
December 07, 2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah, Gamabunta spat the oil and Jiraiya ignited it with a low-level Katon jutsu. Combined, the attack was pretty powerful.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Katon: Gokakyuu no Jutsu, I mean, it's not that strong. For that high-level justu to be countered, it needs another that matches it in terms of strength.

Although it would be cool to hear, "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" right before the attack hits and we see good ol' Ero-Sennin standing atop Gamabunta.

jinsomnia
December 07, 2006, 10:56 PM
waht all the fuss anout naruto? has everyone forgot about kurenai? even before asume goes to the fight, kishi shows some of kurenai. also, she is (maybe) asuma's lover. don't you guys think that she is the one who should finish off hidan?

owh yeah. i would like to see she brings her team with her (shino, hinata and i dont remember the other wolf guy...sorry).. now that would be awesome. I mean, we did see team Gai earlier in the sand arc. But, we have not see anything about team kurenai until now? oh how i hope.

kadodo
December 07, 2006, 10:59 PM
waht all the fuss anout naruto? has everyone forgot about kurenai? even before asume goes to the fight, kishi shows some of kurenai. also, she is (maybe) asuma's lover. don't you guys think that she is the one who should finish off hidan?

owh yeah. i would like to see she brings her team with her (shino, hinata and i dont remember the other wolf guy...sorry).. now that would be awesome. I mean, we did see team Gai earlier in the sand arc. But, we have not see anything about team kurenai until now? oh how i hope.

wolf I think it is Kiba and his dog akamaru. That's actually tru I forgot that they coulg get in the fight too. I surely want to see Hinata new moves. But if two teams come to the rescue i think it should be even i the amount of people fighting?

lexx
December 07, 2006, 11:04 PM
I don't think it's likely, but I'd certainly be pleased to see Kurenai getting her revenge against Hidan.

jinsomnia
December 07, 2006, 11:07 PM
yeah. put aside those 3. i think kurenai will come alone, with a vengeance face.. well i have to admit we never see anything about kurenai. she is afterall a genjutsu user..

Does her eyes does not hold any special power? i mean, kishi doesn't make anything out of nothing right?

mrgodai
December 08, 2006, 12:08 AM
I really think that Shika will make Hidan to use his curse move to finish one of the member of team 10 (most likely kakashi) and somehow Hidan will end up killing himself or kakuzu.

darkstar7
December 08, 2006, 12:43 AM
really, what could hidan actually do if he accidentally cursed kakuzu?

kakuzu took a gaping whole through the chest and didn't die, what could hidan stabbing himself with that pike really do to kakuzu anyway?

i bet team 10 will figure out that kakuzu is vulnerable to attacks now that those ghost things aren't inside him

kadodo
December 08, 2006, 12:51 AM
really, what could hidan actually do if he accidentally cursed kakuzu?

kakuzu took a gaping whole through the chest and didn't die, what could hidan stabbing himself with that pike really do to kakuzu anyway?

i bet team 10 will figure out that kakuzu is vulnerable to attacks now that those ghost things aren't inside him

Well I'm pretty sure if Kakuzu only had one mask he would have died. However, as you said before I don't think Hidan's attack will do anything to Kakuzu unless he makes kakuzu use the ghosts on his back against himself.

morty seinfeld
December 08, 2006, 01:40 AM
I believe that Kakashi is pretty much just going to hold Kakuzu back for now. Whatever elemental ghosts Kakuzu throws at Kakashi I think he'll just match that with his Mangekyou Sharingan. Once he has mimicked the powers of all elemental ghosts he will be able to take each of them down individually by overpowering them with an elemental attribute that counters them in the description he showed earlier with elemental counters.

I'd also like to note that Skikamaru, Chouji and Ino initially planned on going into this fight themselves without Kakashi. And given how we know Shikamaru as a character in the series I don't think the goal they had in mind was to take out Kakuzu exclusively. So with that said I think while Kakashi is holding off Kakuzu the trio are going to power out Hidan. As someone noted earlier, I think it's possible that Hidan already did strike Kakashi and he will eventually start his ritual. Once the ritual is started I believe Ino is going to mind swap with Hidan and make his ritual completely useless. I think Shikamaru will pre-bind Ino's body (who is now Hidan) once this swap takes place, and Chouji will have some clever way of taking out Hidan from this point.

I don't expect this team to be able to take out both Akatsuki members, but I expect by the end of this arch Hidan is going to die while Kakuzu gets away. I don't expect Naruto and Yamato to actually be the ones to backup Shika's team, simply because Tsunade gave them a 24 hour grace period implying that they may not be the ones to help. Rather, i'd love to see Kiba, Shino and Hinata back them up with Kurenai. Afterall, Kurenai is probably going to want to get revenge as well and we can get some Kurenai/Asuma back story plot development going on afterwards as well as maybe ties between Kurenai and the Akatsuki leader or even the revealing of the AL and the final member.

ninja edit: Maybe Ino will even be advanced enough at this point that she will essentially trick Hidan and Kakuzu into fighting eachother through others bodies. This of course is lame in theory because I think we should expect more from Akatsuki members, but both of them do have egoes and no real bond between eachother although Kakuzu might see through it before Hidan does. But I do think much like Sasori's fight was Sakura's chance to shine, this will indeed be Ino's chance to shine, so i'm excited to see some development here.

Raseru
December 08, 2006, 02:23 AM
I really think that Shika will make Hidan to use his curse move to finish one of the member of team 10 (most likely kakashi) and somehow Hidan will end up killing himself or kakuzu.

Why would Shika kill off the strongest and most valuable part of their team?

yeah. put aside those 3. i think kurenai will come alone, with a vengeance face.. well i have to admit we never see anything about kurenai. she is afterall a genjutsu user..

Does her eyes does not hold any special power? i mean, kishi doesn't make anything out of nothing right?

Yep, thats what I think Hidan's weakness is. Genjutsu. I mean, he's physically immortal, but is his mind immortal? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ikuroi
December 08, 2006, 02:26 AM
Yeah I also think that Kakuzu can use one more element, the mask for the ghost is his own face...would be cool if he could use all 5 elements at his own will!

Second, I can't see Kakashi be high on chakra.

Why? Because he used

*2 Chidori,
*1 Raikiri Chidori,
*then the use of his sharingan!

With that he also been attacked by big critical hits like,

*a good kick by Kakuzu,
*the lightning attack by Kakuzu,
*the wind attack by Kakuzu,

dont know if Hidan struck him with his scythe..but if he did that also adds one more thing to his "it-hurts" list!

So I think right now, Ino & Chouji will step up to the plate and try to do their part of the "plan" (sounds chessy doesnt it?). I guess Hidan will do something soon, because even if he is weaker than Kakuzu he still is strong!

Please Kishi, don't let those ex-gennin become stronger than s-classed nins (who are stronger than kakashi).

One more thing, let there be inforcement!

darkstar7
December 08, 2006, 02:29 AM
what do u all think about this----

the way kakuzu looks (all stitched together) is foreshadowing to how he's gonna die

i think naruto WILL show up and his new jutsu will literally rip kakuzu to shreds through all that stitching

sort of like putting a teddy bear in a blender

CheckMate
December 08, 2006, 02:32 AM
Guys, seriously.. Team 8 will be the back up. Otherwise we will not see them in action. This one is the perfect secne for them to appear.
I mean there is no such thing that Kurenai is not allowed by Hokage to involve in this mission, while she sends Shika and team.

Team 8 FTW

Raseru
December 08, 2006, 02:36 AM
Yep, Team 8 has been loooong overdue for their first appearance IN BATTLE for Part 2.

darkstar7
December 08, 2006, 02:46 AM
if any team shows up as backup, that's eight ninjas against two. unless it's naruto and his kage bunshins using taijutsu to fight one

person, it all seems like there's too many players on the field with too many different styles of combat.

what are most of them gonna do except stand there and observe? how is everyone gonna get their moment to shine that way?

husnimubarak
December 08, 2006, 03:03 AM
if any team shows up as backup, that's eight ninjas against two. unless it's naruto and his kage bunshins using taijutsu to fight one

person, it all seems like there's too many players on the field with too many different styles of combat.

yup..
agree..

it would be sucks..
when sasori defeated only with chiyoba sama + sakurachan.. it was a great battle..

next to come.. kakashi's team 10 still has a lot to do.. and they are capable..

we'll see.. shika with his team + kakashi would overcome the "dynamic" akatsuki's Duo.. (may be they're the best akatsuki's Duo we've seen so far cpz they work as a team, not like the other akatsuki's duo..)

soo.. next chapter.. dynamic akatsuki's duo VS kakashi's team 10..

grandweasel
December 08, 2006, 04:03 AM
actually surprised by this...very nice episode..kakuzo seems cool....now finish off bloody narutos training dammit!

peace

darkstar7
December 08, 2006, 04:28 AM
kakashi mentioned how "there must be a trick to it" in analyzing kakuzu's surviving of raikiri

i think the next chapter will reveal how kakuzu managed not to die and the exact nature of his threads ability

also, whether kakashi or whoever counters it or not in the next chapter, i predict kakuzu's "fire element: intense pain" jutsu will be godly!

husnimubarak
December 08, 2006, 05:24 AM
by the look at the wind and lightning jutsus..

it would be awesome.. but it was nonesense to blackfire of itachi's tsukiyomi..

soo.. it'll be a piece of cake to kakashi san.. :smile-big

plop
December 08, 2006, 05:52 AM
Kakuzu has: wind, fire, lighting. Earth face was killed by kakashi. Naruto is wind, kakashi isnt much of use when naruto and fellas come around. Baka-san is earth and water.

fire > wind > lightning > earth > water > fire

Hidan just sits there, and waits to be taken as captive. Eventually Shika-kun lops his head off Asuma-style. AL-san allready told important information konoha wants to know, too ^^

Shika or Naruto will be carrying Hidan's head to konoha.

CheckMate
December 08, 2006, 06:11 AM

lightning > wind > fire.

And it would be team 8 for the win.
They will, ofcourse arrives at the critical moment.
The hero-always-comes-at-the-last-second thingy

plop
December 08, 2006, 06:30 AM
nah... either you got it wrong or you dont understand > sign ^^.... but then again, rest of the sequence would be wrong.

I really hope kishimoto takes a little shortcut here, and lets naruto freeform his wind, or do several diffirent kinds of wind jutsu. Would be very boring, if it was just rasengan in steroids. After all, the form manipulation was supposed to be of highest level ^^...

onetimeuser10
December 08, 2006, 06:51 AM
i dont really write on forums, but due to the ill twist on chpt 355, i thought i'd share my thoughts

so, here are my rebuttals/opinions on the thread

1. back up team sent by tsunade cannot be anyone other than the original three genin teams. why? tsunade specifically ordered shizune to ready a team that can work best with team 10 - team that can work best with team 10 is a team compromised of 3 of the rookie genins since they all know each other. kurenai's team might not be that big of a help tho. kiba and hinata are both taijutsu user which will not work against kakuzu's iron skin jutsu (we can't say for sure that he cant use the jutsu anymore just because the mask that died could've been the doton ghost/hollow/w.e it is) and dangerous against hidan (as he maybe able to draw the blood and use his jutsu). shino uses his bugs - i dont know how much that will help other than suck out their chakra. but knowing akatsuki, the bugs probably wont do much. as for kurenai, she may be a decent genjutsu user but look what happened to her against itachi. sure, itachi can see thru all genjutsu. but i doubt such mediocre genjutsu would work on any akatsuki. also, turning the table with genjutsu seems a bit cheesy. a back up team that was not ordered by tsunade might come though. but definitely not in the next chapter.

2. kakashi IS called "copy ninja kakashi." he is said to have copied over 1000 jutsu's thereby giving him that nickname. it's been proven that kakashi knows powerful suiton jutsu as shown in kakashi vs. zabuza. he also probably knows katon jutsu of equal caliber. kakashi might even know gyokyaku no jutsu (uchiha clan specialty) since he was able to tell that something was off while fighting itachi's clone back when they were on their way to save gaara and he DOES possess sharingan (to copy the jutsu). and maybe this is when we get to see his face - when he pulls down his mask to use gyokyaku no jutsu. kakashi will most likely take damage but somehow manage to protect the genins.

3. kakashi will not use mangekyu sharingan - more like can't use. reason for that is because the fight with deidara was 2 on 1 where he can recieve support once he was rendered immobile from MS use. kakashi knows that it's his responsibility to protect the 3 chuunins. he cant risk using MS and not be able to protect them because MS will render him powerless. plus, kakashi still doesnt have mastery over MS as shown during kakashi/naruto vs. deidara - kakashi missed twice with a moving target and clearly said "i still can't properly control the location and size..." so in case he doesnt get either kakuzu or hidan, all 4 of them are screwed.

4. MS sends its target to another dimension. how would be able to explain when he got rid of deidara's jibaku bunshin (self-explode clone) if you say it "puts them into another state of mind" as some of you said?

5. tenzou and his team might show up as back up but that's way too cliche. if he does show up, then tenzou's going to block the katon jutsu with his suiton jutsu of equal caliber as showed back during naruto's waterfall cutting training.

6. kakuzu is from the Takigakure (waterfall village). google it up if you really want to.

7. kakashi wont die. kishimoto wont be evil enough to kill off two of the jounins in less than 5 chapters. if kakashi does die, im gonna stop reading naruto.

8. kakashi can probably use raikiri more than 4 times now. as everyone said, this was back 2.5 years ago when he was teaching sasuke the jutsu.

9. kakashi did not bleed from his hands. his gloves simply got torn apart. as for his vest and forehead protector, im pretty sure they got torn and blown away by kakuzu's futon jutsu.

10. raikiri and chidori is the same. its just that kakashi calls it raikiri (because he once cut thru lightning) and sasuke calls it chidori. raikiri is stronger probably only because kakashi is a higher level ninja than sasuke.

11. i doubt sasuke will come out to save the day, let alone itachi. itachi is also a member of akatsuki. there's no reason why he would come out and save kakashi and team 10. about him refusing to give out information about naruto is probably because he wants to capture kyuubi and use its powers - kyuubi's powers include infinite amount of chakra (good for his MS) and accelerated healing (also good for MS since MS deteriorates his eye sight). about sasuke, by his attitude shown in chapter 307-309, there's also almost zero-possiblity that he'll show up to save the day.

12. jiraiya didnt use gyokyaku no jutsu. it was called gamayuu endan. it was a combo-jutsu with gamabunta's oil and jiraiya's katon.

13. i dont know the exact use of the scroll, but it could've have been to absorb the attack. if you look at two pages before when kakashi nullifies kakuzu's raiton, you can see shikamaru taking out the scroll in frame 4 as if he's preparing his attack/counterattack. then on the next page, ino yells out "shikamaru! chouji! run!!" and the two look unprepared for that raiton as the exclaimation points may suggest. lastly, on the page where kakashi blocks the raiton, both shikamaru's and chouji's stances look more defensive than on frame 3 of the page before. i think this shows that shikamaru and chouji were on their offensive stance and were caught off-guard as kakuzu launched his raiton.

::edit::

few funny/odd things i noticed on this chapter

1. kakuzu looks like he's constipated on page 002 frame 2, 3, and 6.

2. on page 003, the picture makes it seem like kakashi definitely ran past kakuzu on the floor. yet, on page 004, kakuzu delivers the kick as if kakashi JUST began to move (note the distance between kakuzu and kakashi on page 1 frame 1)

3. on page 004, kakashi gets kicked across the place almost in-line with kakuzu and hidan (note frame 2 and 3). but oddly, on page 005 frame 4, a whole lot of dust kicks up as if someone (kakashi) skidded on the ground (i tried to figure out what that was. i deduced that a tree fell down when kakashi got kicked into that tree).

4. on the page 005, in frame 4, kakuzu mysteriously disappears (he should be between hidan (notable by kagemane no jutsu still in effect) and at the start of the dust on the right).

5. on the same page, kakuzu has SOMEHOW patched up his cloak (where is the hole he got from kakashi's raikiri?).

6. if you downloaded the chapter from narutofan.com, it seems like the pages are mixed up. for sake of consistency, i will use the original page numbers as downloaded. first, it makes no chronological sense if the ghosts take pose THEN kakuzu "summons" them out (page 006-007 and 008). second, page 008 and 009 would make more sense if it came before that double page (006-007) - it would make more sense for hidan to say "i can finally move... alright... lets kill them, kakuzu" before he screams out "jashin-sama please watch me... i'm gonna pull out their guts." also, note hidan's hand position on page 009 frame 7 and on page 006-007 frame 1. it shows much better transition of movements as hidan raises hand to his forehead.

7. looking at kakashi without vest and forehead protector reminded me of three things 1. a bum (look at him. raggy clothes, wearing only one finger-less glove and his hair) 2. hosiptal bed (with the exception of long sleeve) and 3. obito (just imagine couple stripes and black hair).

8. this one's from while back (chapter 327 + 328), but when the hell did kakuzu have time to pick up hidan's forehead protector?

::edit 2::

ignore #3 on the "funny/odd" list. on that page, you can see hidan looking up and if you look behind kakashi, the tree is broken and you can see a bit of the background.

CheckMate
December 08, 2006, 07:11 AM
nah... either you got it wrong or you dont understand > sign ^^....

Ups, sorry, You are right. Thanx

kakashi_317
December 08, 2006, 08:31 AM
prediction: "omnipotent ruler': kakuzu's 4 demons with 4 different chakra types + his own earth === all 5 elements.. so hes better than anybody .. hes the one

and as to the fate of this team, they try simple tricks and save their asses .. kk gets screwed up royal ... Ino and choji particularly ...

and of next chapter: backup arrives ... Mr. Uzumaki to the backup! ( else these chuunins are gonna die cheap)

sheep1315
December 08, 2006, 08:47 AM
maybe the omnipotent ruler they speak of in the next chapter is Shikamaru
he's always been noted as a great leader and thinker
i predict he will bust out the second phase of his plan which will highlight his leadership skills
and genius abilities
hence the title "omnipotent leader "

ikuroi
December 08, 2006, 09:42 AM
I would love this scenario!

Everyone get shocked as hell when they feel an incredible evil chakra nearing itself to them...
Ino, a sweatdrop is falling from her chin making it look like she is crying and she says "We can't fight more of them! We should retreat!"
Chouji, is doing the whole my eyes is getting smaller because of fair and goes "Shika we really should not -!!!!"
Hidan screams "I WILL KILL OF YOU BASTARDS!!!!!"
Shika tries to think while the evilchakra is getting closer and closer, you see him doing his pose...the I'M THINKING pose, and says "I guess we don't got any choice we will have to-!!!"
Ino goes "ITS ALMOST HERE! RETREAT NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!!!"
Kakashi is calm and goes "No, this isn't an enemy its a allie...our strongest allie!"
Kakuzu "..."
Ino, Shika, Chouji "!!!!!!!!!!"
Ino "Our strongest allie?"
Chouji "This evil chakra is an allie?"
Kakuzu "Jinchuuriki huh?"
Shika "You-!!! It can't be-!!!!"
Hidan "HGAHAHHAHAHA IDIOTS!!! I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU BASTARD LEAFS AND TEAR YOUR SHITTY VILLAGE APART"
Naruto is behind Hidan and says "I WILL TEAR YOU AKATSUKI BASTARD...ALL OF YOU APART!"

Scollzero
December 08, 2006, 10:59 AM
if you downloaded the chapter from narutofan.com, it seems like the pages are mixed up. for sake of consistency, i will use the original page numbers as downloaded. first, it makes no chronological sense if the ghosts take pose THEN kakuzu "summons" them out (page 006-007 and 008). second, page 008 and 009 would make more sense if it came before that double page (006-007) - it would make more sense for hidan to say "i can finally move... alright... lets kill them, kakuzu" before he screams out "jashin-sama please watch me... i'm gonna pull out their guts." also, note hidan's hand position on page 009 frame 7 and on page 006-007 frame 1. it shows much better transition of movements as hidan raises hand to his forehead.

I am glad i am not the only one who realised this, it made no sense what so ever to have the monsters standing there, then they go back into kakuzu...and then come back out again... i hope people pick up on this for the MQ HQ releases!!!

I think the kurenai team idea makes most sense, revenge and all that!
The idea of blood being in that vile shik gave to kkshi is a great one, but if you look back through all similar events, it has always been something really simple, the idea of tricking hidan with blood seem a bit obscure and a little to high in the cognitive acceptance levels! Naruto is read by kids aswell...

sheep1315
December 08, 2006, 11:27 AM
The idea of blood being in that vile shik gave to kkshi is a great one, but if you look back through all similar events, it has always been something really simple, the idea of tricking hidan with blood seem a bit obscure and a little to high in the cognitive acceptance levels! Naruto is read by kids aswell...

whats so high in the cognitive levels about that; hidan uses blood for the ritual, kakashi/shika trick him into using his partners blood..........
whats there that cant be understood
c'mon give the kids a lil more credit than that

khel11
December 08, 2006, 11:44 AM
i should say that the 1st thing to happen in chapter 225 is to evade or counter the katon jutsu casted by kakuzu. as kakashi stated, "it would take the same element of the same level to counter such an attack" so, im predicting that kakashi will use a suiton jutsu or a katon jutst of the same level. by experience, ive noticed that most katon jutsus originates from the mouth. and that maybe the time we will see kakashi's face..if kakashi is to use a suiton jutsu, i dont think he could use such jutsus without a water source nearby (can he? correct me if im wrong). kakashi couldnt possibl y use MS since he has not fully mastered it, and he is running low on chakra

so something must be done to counter the katon jutsu from kakuzu..

i think kakashi will be heavily injured in this battle, causing chouji,ino and shikamaru to take over. this may be possible since team7 already brought down 2 akatsuki members (well, 1, deidara is still alive). and it will be team10's time to do so this time. kurenai team is unlikely to be reinforcemens since the battlefield will be crowded.

the scroll could be anything, it may be a defensive wall (like a rashomon?) or maybe an offensive weapon or jutsu..for the next chapter, kakashi will buy some time for shikamaru to think of a new strategy.im assuming that the ghosts of kakuzu were not on the plan of shikamaru since he has little info about kakuze during the time of planning. shikamaru should then adjust the plans according to the situation.

here is a list of the things i think why team10 + kakashi will survive this fight:
1. kakashi is still a potent fighter but his chakra capacity is in question
2. ino and chouji hasn't played a major part in the plan shikamaru have devised but their abilities are questionnable
3. reinforcements will come but it still unknown as of now
4. kishi couldnt possibly kill two main characters between just a number of episodes

some out of the box ideas:
1. ino could use his mind transfer jutsu to one of the masks (i noticed that the masks are not ethereal beings, so they may be vulnerable to the mind transfer jutsu)
2. shikamaru could have a new jutsu (remember the "shadow blade" shown in asuma's funeral"?)

ITACHIWIFE
December 08, 2006, 03:24 PM
I would love this scenario!

Everyone get shocked as hell when they feel an incredible evil chakra nearing itself to them...
Ino, a sweatdrop is falling from her chin making it look like she is crying and she says "We can't fight more of them! We should retreat!"
Chouji, is doing the whole my eyes is getting smaller because of fair and goes "Shika we really should not -!!!!"
Hidan screams "I WILL KILL OF YOU BASTARDS!!!!!"
Shika tries to think while the evilchakra is getting closer and closer, you see him doing his pose...the I'M THINKING pose, and says "I guess we don't got any choice we will have to-!!!"
Ino goes "ITS ALMOST HERE! RETREAT NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!!!"
Kakashi is calm and goes "No, this isn't an enemy its a allie...our strongest allie!"
Kakuzu "..."
Ino, Shika, Chouji "!!!!!!!!!!"
Ino "Our strongest allie?"
Chouji "This evil chakra is an allie?"
Kakuzu "Jinchuuriki huh?"
Shika "You-!!! It can't be-!!!!"
Hidan "HGAHAHHAHAHA IDIOTS!!! I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU BASTARD LEAFS AND TEAR YOUR SHITTY VILLAGE APART"
Naruto is behind Hidan and says "I WILL TEAR YOU AKATSUKI BASTARD...ALL OF YOU APART!"

i like the sound of that

Snake1786
December 08, 2006, 05:11 PM
Kakuzu didn`t die ,huh??Not much of a suprise of a guy from akatsuki . Next time we probably see how shikimaru uses his scroll. And hopefully we see kakashi unmasked and some new suprises like the akatsuki leader unmasked too, damn that would be cool if everybody would unmask himself.

kingfencer
December 08, 2006, 05:25 PM
not sure what will happen, obviously they can't keep taking attacks like that, i think ino will step in, remember shikamaru had something like that in his calculations, i think ino will stall the next chapter, but not enough, they have to use the item shika gave to kakashi.

jerger
December 08, 2006, 07:56 PM
why would k, be of use to ino... when he stated earlier that hidan is the only one who can hang out with him.... since he can live over and over again (unless of course.... he means hidan would never use the blood death ritual)...

but it seems hidan allows himself to die from k's anger... in the past... so i assume hidan will need to be possessed.

Saifi
December 08, 2006, 07:59 PM
Smoke bombs sucks? :o It's all about the elemant of suprise. Yes throwing a smoke bomb is a good plan. Kurenai is out the box. We havn't seen to much of Kurenai as far as jutsus goes.

umm.. Dude Kurenai is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN the BOX ! (everyone is talking abouther taking revenge) out of the box isnt "we havent seen new jutsu from her" , also if you DO want her that bad ! why would she need a smoke bomb rather than cast genjutsu ?

edit: Aint she preggers anyway ?

The5th
December 08, 2006, 09:10 PM
1. Kaz can only be killed after all of the four shadow souls are dead (Wind, Lightning, Earth, Fire)

2.Hidan is about to use curse jutsu, unless Ino takes over his body and stops him

3.Kakashi should use his sharigan tech. to banish the remaining 3 shadow souls into anotehr dimension

4.Naruto Shows up

5.After that i have no idea, i might b goin through about 3 chapters just on that

darkstar7
December 09, 2006, 01:17 AM
PREDICTION: HIDAN LIVES, KAKUZU DIES - IT'S THAT SIMPLE

HERE'S THE FORMULA:

EVERYTIME AN AKATSUKI MEMBER TAKES OFF THEIR CLOAK AND REVEALS WHAT'S UNDERNEATH, THEY GET KILLED (I.E. SASORI)

DEIDARA ONLY GOT HIS AKATSUKI CLOAK TORN UP A LITTLE BIT AND HE SURVIVED (SAME WILL BE WITH HIDAN)

NOW THAT KAKUZU IS REVEALING HIS SECRETS...HE'S ABOUT TO JOIN SASORI'S CLUB OF AKATSUKI-MEMBERS-WHO-DIE- BECAUSE-THEY-REMOVE-THEIR-CLOAK-AND-SHOW-WHAT-THEY-REALLY-GOT!

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 01:22 AM
1. Kaz can only be killed after all of the four shadow souls are dead (Wind, Lightning, Earth, Fire)

2.Hidan is about to use curse jutsu, unless Ino takes over his body and stops him

3.Kakashi should use his sharigan tech. to banish the remaining 3 shadow souls into anotehr dimension

4.Naruto Shows up

5.After that i have no idea, i might b goin through about 3 chapters just on that

I wonder if Kakuzu has to die for himself. If te four ghosts are killed there is still a chance that he stays alive.

amphreded
December 09, 2006, 04:06 AM
I hope at least one Akatsuki dies, since the story has been dragging on long enough. It would be nice to see another main character goes off the story as well (he/she doesn't have to die, but maybe seriously wounded thus unable to fight for the rest of the series).
My prediction:

1) Fire Ghost blasts out blinding light/flame
2) Cut to something else
3) dialogues
4) Cut back to Kakashi and team, everyone seems fine because one of them has a trick up their sleeve
5) Hidan attacks from nowhere
6) one team member is injured
7) end

wouldn't that be boring?

rabb
December 09, 2006, 04:22 AM
PREDICTION: HIDAN LIVES, KAKUZU DIES - IT'S THAT SIMPLE

HERE'S THE FORMULA:

EVERYTIME AN AKATSUKI MEMBER TAKES OFF THEIR CLOAK AND REVEALS WHAT'S UNDERNEATH, THEY GET KILLED (I.E. SASORI)

DEIDARA ONLY GOT HIS AKATSUKI CLOAK TORN UP A LITTLE BIT AND HE SURVIVED (SAME WILL BE WITH HIDAN)

NOW THAT KAKUZU IS REVEALING HIS SECRETS...HE'S ABOUT TO JOIN SASORI'S CLUB OF AKATSUKI-MEMBERS-WHO-DIE- BECAUSE-THEY-REMOVE-THEIR-CLOAK-AND-SHOW-WHAT-THEY-REALLY-GOT!

yo. you forget, orochimaru took off his cloak, and is still alive.

and amp, that would be boring, but your prolly right. i dont think hidan will attack from nowhere though. the rope on his weapon was cut, so he must be in close to attack. and im pretty sure that if those ghost things die, kazuku will be mortal. alive for the time being, but able to die. and #2 could prolly be taken out, just have kazuku talk about his "undefeatible" jutsu, or else kakashi or shika will talk about it. or it could be a chapter devoted entirly to naruto. or someone else. now wouldnt that suck?

Raseru
December 09, 2006, 04:39 AM
Yeah, the ghosts are the things that are keeping Kazuku aive. Kill them, you kill Kazuku. :tem

CheckMate
December 09, 2006, 04:44 AM
Both Hidan and Kakuzu (and or maybe his ghostsas well) will end up sealed.

If they are vulnerable, then they will be killed, if not, then they will be sealed.
Even Kyuubi can be defeated by sealed.

Absolutio
December 09, 2006, 05:09 AM
My prediction: The guys gonna figure out that each of the four "ghosts" has its own element, and since one of them is down already by kakashi, then we know about 3 out of 4 possible elements. So the fourth is either earth, or water.

Ino gonna come into the picture too, and kakuzu kicks ass.

That's generally my prediction.. :P

bloodrage
December 09, 2006, 06:49 AM
all two will die not just one zetsu will report

White Rabbit
December 09, 2006, 08:18 AM
My prediction:

We will see the mutilated face of the bounty-station-dude and Ibiki reporting to Tsunade what he's got on information about Kakuzu.

Kakashi will think obout how to deal with the katon-attack an realises that the area is too dry to pull out a big suiton-jutsu.

bilheteira
December 09, 2006, 09:12 AM
i want jyraya-sama to come to the rescue. where the heck is he anyway?

i think that the attack on konoha will be something that will involve everyone in akatsuki

it will be something to test their abilities, and to catch the kyubi

sooo... this means that in some way akatsuki guys will be defeated in some way... and to increase the plot.. someone has to be seriosly injured

and that will make shika more eager to get his hands on akatsuki

hayoula
December 09, 2006, 09:27 AM
I predict that team Kurenai is going to show up. They are going to save Kakashi and others probably by a Genjutsu.
For a long term prediction, I am positive that Kakuzu will die, since one of the ghosts is dead already.

PredatorNar
December 09, 2006, 10:11 AM
You know, even if Sakura came to the rescue, Kakuzu and Hidan would be in trouble. Medical Nin + Enormous strength and even though she had help she DID kill Sasori and she probably has improved since then.

Also, it would be so nice if Sakura learned medical ninjutsu like Kabuto knows (I really want to see Kabuto go all out; We still don't know everything about Kabuto and his jutsus). Wouldn't mind seeing Sakura punch a hole into Kakuzu's face :P

Oh yea, Kakashi COULD of killed Kakuzu. If he pointed a bit more upward and hit Kakuzu's neck, ripping Kakuzu's head off (:)), then this fight would be over already. I doubt Kakuzu can survive, decapitated.

bilheteira
December 09, 2006, 11:32 AM
Also, it would be so nice if Sakura learned medical ninjutsu like Kabuto knows (I really want to see Kabuto go all out; We still don't know everything about Kabuto and his jutsus). Wouldn't mind seeing Sakura punch a hole into Kakuzu's face :P

well it could be since kazuzu doesn't have the hardening effect. his earth mask passed away.

and ino she is also a medical ninja

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 11:53 AM
Well if kabuto gets in the fight it will probably be because itachi joins the fight. In other words, Orichimaru and Sasuke should be there as well. Kabuto will definitely be the match up Sakura or (Sai).

Konkun
December 09, 2006, 01:16 PM
[Deleted]

I predict Kakashi will get injured yet again and forced to activate MS, but at that moment, Naruto will enter the scene. Ends Chapter. Or other Jounins enter the scene to rescue team 10, but that already been done in the previous chapter, I think Jiraiya is due for an appreance or Naturo coming back into the main plot.

Dynamic Dragon
December 09, 2006, 01:18 PM
my predictions are... that kakuzu has his face covered because he's a mask too
and i think team 8 will b back up?(doubt it)
but yeah, thats all XD

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 01:21 PM
Actually I'd like team 8 and team 7 to be backup.

last one here
December 09, 2006, 02:23 PM
Ok lets see what we got:

Kakuzu uses Hidan to pin the victum while one of the goasts atack. We know that Kakashi sees the masks as a weakness. Hidan will most likely act a shild for that and Kakuzu will do the same.

Now the three goasts of wind, lightening and fire in combo. Using the wind goast to enance the the fire one.

Plus the Konaha team must not bleed so not to get cursed by Hidan in the process.

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 02:33 PM
Well what I see now, is if Kakashi tries to attack with his lightning, Kakuzu will respond with a wind technique. if kakashi tries a water jutsu, kakuzu will be doomed because kakashi destroyed the earth jutsu that would have been able to destroy the water jutsu.

fatboy812000
December 09, 2006, 02:59 PM
Personally am hoping its kurenais team that comes 2 the rescue after naruto blows himself up again completing the kaze-rasengan and is too weak to go. every1 imagine a canopy of bugs descending and blindin the akatsuki then lifting to reveal that massive 2headed wolf thing kiba and akamaru do attacking in a major way, distracting them enuff for hinata to bust some jyukken :hinata on them from nowhere all within a mad crazy genjutsu from kurenai.

n.b- pple say shikamaru gave kakashi somethin(a vial or something) i dont seem to remember seeing that :s in previous chapters.

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 03:05 PM
I do want Kurenai's team to come to the rescue but it would not be good if Naruto was not there.

Piekokas
December 09, 2006, 03:13 PM
Personally am hoping its kurenais team that comes 2 the rescue after naruto blows himself up again completing the kaze-rasengan and is too weak to go. every1 imagine a canopy of bugs descending and blindin the akatsuki then lifting to reveal that massive 2headed wolf thing kiba and akamaru do attacking in a major way, distracting them enuff for hinata to bust some jyukken :hinata on them from nowhere all within a mad crazy genjutsu from kurenai.

that would be a cool thing to see! :amuse

n.b- pple say shikamaru gave kakashi somethin(a vial or something) i dont seem to remember seeing that :s in previous chapters.

i was one of them... :P
check chapter 332!

i still don't know what's that for... kakashi never used it...

my prediction:
a better explanation of kakuzu's "dolls" and shika come up with some kind of a plan...
maybe an apperance of a another konoha team to help out!

Uchiha Slayer
December 09, 2006, 03:20 PM
umm.. Dude Kurenai is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN the BOX ! (everyone is talking abouther taking revenge) out of the box isnt "we havent seen new jutsu from her" , also if you DO want her that bad ! why would she need a smoke bomb rather than cast genjutsu ?

edit: Aint she preggers anyway ?

Not another one, OK let me explain Mr.Saifi

When I posted that, everybody was talking about kakashi, kakashi, kakashi. Nobody said anything about Kurenai.

Think about the smoke bomb. say that ghost thing was coming at kakashi and the others. If there was a smoke bomb out of the blue and when the smoke clear Hidan and Kakuzu are in Kurenai tree jutsu. To me that is kind of thinking out the box. Plus, mix that in with Ino.

By the way I could careless about Kurenai(nothing against Kurenai fans:>)

noblue4u
December 09, 2006, 04:10 PM
Before I make my prediction, I have something to say...

WHY ARE HEAD-SHOTS SO RARE IN THIS MANGA? Come on! If Kakashi had raikiri'd Kakuzu's face off, then all there would be is Hidan. And let's face it, Hidan may be immortal, but he sure is stupid. Take his head, ask some questions of it... easy-peasy!

Aaaanyhoo... my prediction. Hmm. Two contradicting predictions!
1.) I guess I'm in the same camp with those who figure Naruto will appear on the scene. Specifically, Kakashi's team is going to be reaching for the ropes by the end of the upcoming chapter. The last couple of panels will show naruto appearing on the scene with some cool wind jutsu.
...OR...
2.) Kakashi is simply going to be really impressed with Kakuzu's flesh/blood/sewing puppet thingies (as there were lots of little droplets of stuff flying off of the "string", I have to assume that it's blood). But here is the thing... why would Kishimoto take all the time and effort of drawing and building up Shikamaru's super-genius plan if it was going to fall apart AGAIN and so soon? I think Shikamaru has only started and is just messing with the oh-so-scary Akatsuki
Shikamaru! I have faith in you!

OMGWTFHaKzOrZ! [just kidding... oh god, I need to wash my keyboard just for typing that...]

LightReaper
December 09, 2006, 04:14 PM
WHY ARE HEAD-SHOTS SO RARE IN THIS MANGA? Come on! If Kakashi had raikiri'd Kakuzu's face off, then all there would be is Hidan. And let's face it, Hidan may be immortal, but he sure is stupid. Take his head, ask some questions of it... easy-peasy!

Because when you think about it Raikiri is a very hard to control jutsu as outlined by Kakashi Gaiden, now think about the head as a target, it's much harder to hit someone in the head than in the chest because the head is a smaller target and is easier to move out of the way, so Kakashi went for the other weak spot of the human body - the heart.

StJimmy61190
December 09, 2006, 04:21 PM
Alright I don’t remember the last time I posted here but its been a while.
What’s the “King” Asuma referred to so often?
Are you sure that thing Shikamaru gave Kakashi is actually a vial? It reminds me more of a bomb or a capsule (Kishi is a big DBZ fan fyi)
There is foreshadowing of death soon but it all depends on who the “king” is on that chess board. If it’s the AL then Shika is dead but takes out Hidan. Otherwise he kills Kakuzu only to be killed by Hidan.
Back up would have to be the elemental opposites of Team 10 so I’d put my money on Team Kurenai.
:madKAKASHI DOESN’T WEAR TWO MASKS! That was in the Anime which has no effect on the Manga…
I’d also like to point out that Sasori let himself be killed as that old lady said. He chose to die out of sentimentaility.

Theory: Kakashi lost his jacket and forehead protector stopping Hidan from cutting him. If indeed that item Shika gave him is a vial then He’d have put the blood on it when Hidan tried to cut him. Kakashi also seems to be missing/ having a disfigured hand in one panel only to have it gone in the next panel.

Interpretation of the next Chapters name using synonyms
Omnipotent Ruler
All powerful Leader
Supreme Leader
Unstoppable Leader
Invincible Leader

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 04:28 PM
Well I hope that thing Shika gave kakashi was but I hope it will come in handy.

onetimeuser10
December 09, 2006, 05:57 PM
my predictions are... that kakuzu has his face covered because he's a mask too

yeah that's what i was thinking too but we've seen kakuzu frown (which kinda tells us his face isnt a mask). or it could be some crazy-demonic-mask-of-doom-that-looks-like-a-real-face.

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 05:59 PM
Well if kakuzu is also a mask wha telement is he?

kyubisharingan
December 09, 2006, 06:25 PM
metal......i dunno

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 06:27 PM
well is metal part of the five elements?

poopoomaru
December 09, 2006, 06:46 PM
no its not , and there are five elements , the mask that died is either earth or water element , and logically since it would be no use to have the mask if you already had that element , which ever one the mask that died was , KAkuzu is the other element.

kyubisharingan
December 09, 2006, 06:54 PM
well.....Aether is an element(celestial energy or something)...serch wikipedia

Skeith
December 09, 2006, 07:04 PM
doubt this has anything to do with the possible elements but what about yin/yang and that one forchouji's jutsu like kakshi and yamato mentioned when they frist started naruto's element training?

to be honest i don't like the sounds of that lol maybe we should just forget those ^^

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 07:09 PM
well.....Aether is an element(celestial energy or something)...serch wikipedia

well I don't think a new element will just come out just like that.

noblue4u
December 09, 2006, 07:53 PM
Because when you think about it Raikiri is a very hard to control jutsu as outlined by Kakashi Gaiden, now think about the head as a target, it's much harder to hit someone in the head than in the chest because the head is a smaller target and is easier to move out of the way, so Kakashi went for the other weak spot of the human body - the heart.

But... he aimed for his heart! His HEART! that's about one-third the size of a human head, approximately. I don't know. I think the real reason is because that level of violence is rarely shown in this kind of manga -- this ain't no Vagabond! Usually, when they want to depict that kind of carnage, they show it in a silhouette.

Anyways, I was just being sarcastic in my previous post - I don't expect head-shots to occur in this kind of manga.

Word. [br]Posted on: December 09, 2006, 07:46:41 PM_________________________________________________Also -- just to add to what I just posted -- I think the only reason Kishi thought it'd be okay to decapitate Hidan was because it really didn't do much and ended up as sort of a comic relief (in a dark kinda way).[br]Posted on: December 09, 2006, 07:52:30 PM_________________________________________________Ooo, ooo, wait -- one more thing. The "celestial energy" mentioned earlier is actually a misinterpretation of the lightning element. Earth, water, fire, wind, and lightning.

DarkManSharingan32
December 09, 2006, 08:12 PM
But... he aimed for his heart! His HEART! that's about one-third the size of a human head, approximately. I don't know. I think the real reason is because that level of violence is rarely shown in this kind of manga -- this ain't no Vagabond! Usually, when they want to depict that kind of carnage, they show it in a silhouette.

The reason you aim for the heart... as someone mentioned eariler...
Is because there are plenty more vital internal organs if you happen to miss the heart.

Which is to say, that even if you do miss... you're still going to do some pretty massive damage.

And a headshot... which is conciderably more tough to hit... due to the mobility of the head and neck.. could end up puttin the ninja in a conciderably worse position. There is risk... but not the one you are likely to take.

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 08:34 PM
Are you saying that kakashi missed the heart?

DarkManSharingan32
December 09, 2006, 08:53 PM
Are you saying that kakashi missed the heart?

Well, not exactly...
In most people the heart is what sustains life functions.

According to that, Kakuzu should be dead...
BUT there is a trick to it.

Maybe Kakuzu split his "heart" into those four beings... kinda like the Horcruxes in Harry potter.

noblue4u
December 09, 2006, 08:56 PM
Well, not exactly...
In most people the heart is what sustains life functions.

According to that, Kakuzu should be dead...
BUT there is a trick to it.

Maybe Kakuzu split his "heart" into those four beings... kinda like the Horcruxes in Harry potter.

Totally wrong of me but... HARRY POTTER!! WOO!

Sorry. Anyway, I agree that the destruction of those creatures will spell the end of Kakuzu. Only thing that bothers me is that Kaku didn't seem all that bothered by the death of that one mask-thing, so... maybe not. But you're right, there IS a trick to it, I just don't know what.

I figure Kaku will only be dead when all of him is destroyed... enter Naruto!

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 08:58 PM
Maybe you're right. That's one of the options.
BTW if you would like to talk about Harry Potter go there:
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11872.0

weixiaobao
December 09, 2006, 09:30 PM
he didn't miss the heart but he kill a substitute's heat...
concluded, move on, since everyone can disagree with each other and never move on until, I dunno, 20 more or so went by then kakuzu revealed his secret...then you guys like ah and yeah and whatever..

DarkManSharingan32
December 09, 2006, 09:39 PM
he didn't miss the heart but he kill a substitute's heat...
concluded, move on, since everyone can disagree with each other and never move on until, I dunno, 20 more or so went by then kakuzu revealed his secret...then you guys like ah and yeah and whatever..

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
What we are effectively saying... is that all of those beasties will have to be defeated before Kakuzu can be defeated...

Which means that Kakuzu has somehow linked himself with those things... and THAT is his true power.

weixiaobao
December 09, 2006, 09:45 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

lol, harsh but lol

What we are effectively saying... is that all of those beasties will have to be defeated before Kakuzu can be defeated...

disagree, they no longer inside of him so I figure they and him are separte in the matter of die or live... the other one that was kill instead of him was inside him....

Raseru
December 09, 2006, 09:47 PM
He probably made some kind of deal with them to achieve mastery of all the elements and immortality. But what could Kazuku possibly give thm in return?

DarkManSharingan32
December 09, 2006, 09:49 PM
lol, harsh but lol
disagree, they no longer inside of him so I figure they and him are separte in the matter of die or live... the other one that was kill instead of him was inside him....

That could be true...
This is one of the things that we will just have to wait and see...[br]Posted on: December 09, 2006, 05:48:35 PM_________________________________________________

He probably made some kind of deal with them to achieve mastery of all the elements and immortality. But what could Kazuku possibly give thm in return?

Housing them in his body...
It's possible that they were just spirits before... just roaming around or trapped somewhere.

Parasitic, i know...
But hey... it works.

lol

fatboy812000
December 09, 2006, 10:36 PM
i was one of them... :P
check chapter 332!

i still don't know what's that for... kakashi never used it...

just checked and saw it hmmmm wonder wat its for and how i missed it d first time :blink

darkstar7
December 09, 2006, 11:28 PM
whether or not kakuzu's life is linked with the ghosts,

whatever the answer to that is, here's a good question:

(i mean it seems like kakuzu's is going all out and revealing everything... so what's

the point if he lives through this....sorta like sasori after he used up all his trump cards)

basically ---->who here thinks KAKUZU WILL DIE IN THIS FIGHT?

i don't care if the secrets of his powers are explained or not---i just definitely predict that we can say goodbye to another akatsuki

member after this fight!

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 11:32 PM
Well it's funny how Kakashi's sharingan did not see the ghosts before.

darkstar7
December 09, 2006, 11:37 PM
but how the hell would sharingan have been able to see the ghosts when they were in kakuzu?

wouldn't that be more suited for byakugan, which can actually see a person's chakra system?

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 11:39 PM
I guess you're right, but how exactly did kakashi know where the heart is?

weixiaobao
December 09, 2006, 11:40 PM

is that a bit common sense

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 11:46 PM
Well it could have been his intestines or bladder. Would his MS be able to see it?

weixiaobao
December 09, 2006, 11:49 PM
Well it could have been his intestines or bladder. Would his MS be able to see it?

since this guy was not orochimaru.. so kakashi may have just used his common sense instead..
(oro guy body is so mess up, he look alike micheal jackson)

darkstar7
December 10, 2006, 12:00 AM

unless they were told or has fought them before, i don't think any competent ninja would start a battle assuming the

other person's organs are all "feng-shui"-ed around in their body and won't die when punched through the heart

but anyways, i don't expect kakuzu to live past this confrontation really

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 12:03 AM
since this guy was not orochimaru.. so kakashi may have just used his common sense instead..
(oro guy body is so mess up, he look alike micheal jackson)

Comon sense seems about right.
Orichimaru is just likes Michael Jackson. He likes little kids. Orichimaru likes Sasuke.(lol)

Raseru
December 10, 2006, 12:04 AM
Well it's funny how Kakashi's sharingan did not see the ghosts before.

The Sharingan couldn't have seen through the Akatsuki cloak, Byakugan would have though.

EDIT: Damnit, too slow again, so yeah, what they said before me ...

Its not that hard to know where the heart is. Anyways, he was an ANBU, so I'd reckon he'd know where the heart was, with all the assinations he's done and all.

Deadlyfrost6
December 10, 2006, 01:34 AM
My prediction is that each one of the masked jellys are what give kakuzu his power over the elementals. Kakashi killed the earth one, the wind/lightning/fire ones are still alive and his face is the mask for water, controlling all the elements.

my prediction is....

kakashi will do something like suiton-daibakafuu no jutsu and put out the "fire", ino will take over hidans body in the process. Shika will "feign" an attack on kakuzu while ino hits him with hidans scythe....
scene jump... sakura will show up to tell naruto about the time limit as she watches him finish it with a massive collision with the ground, stares in disbelief and snaps back into reality. then she, sai, yamato/tenzou, and naruto leave to find kakashi and team 10...

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 01:37 AM
Well I also think that kakashi will do something like protecting everybody by sending kakuzu'a attacks in another dimension.

poopoomaru
December 10, 2006, 02:31 AM
Well I also think that kakashi will do something like protecting everybody by sending kakuzu'a attacks in another dimension.

That wouldnt be a smart move though cuz after he does one he will be too pooped to help Shika and co should it go wrong. He should only use it if it is guranteed to work , and not at any other time.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 02:37 AM
Well I hope he could use it for more time than he could before.

amphreded
December 10, 2006, 03:43 AM
Are we sure now that the dead ghost is the Earth one? It could be Kakazu is the Earth himself, and the one Kakashi pierced was the Water one.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:48 AM
Well Kakashi could always destroy the earth element

Raseru
December 10, 2006, 03:51 AM

At least we know thats for sure.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:53 AM
I just tought of something. I don't think the elements could attack at the same time. Say if fire and water were to attack wouldn't the water cause the fire attack to be less effective?

morty seinfeld
December 10, 2006, 03:56 AM
I have another prediction since others are talking about the item Shikamaru handed Kakashi in Chapter 332.

I am assuming it is just a vial, but the purpose of the vial will be to store blood somehow for when Hidan attacks and begins his ritual. What I predict is when Kakashi ran his Raikiri in to Kakuzu's heart (supposedly) he wasn't exclusively going for the kill, however making it look as if he was. Of course Kakuzu was able to defend against it anyway, no big surprise in that sense considering I don't think Shika's team and Kakashi would expect him to go down so easily.

What I suspect the purpose of attacking Kakuzu like that was actually to gather Kakuzu's blood stored into the vial for Hidan's ritual. In the following scene you will notice Hidan charging Kakashi and it looks as if he either did strike him with his scythe, followed by Kakuzu's Wind hollow attack from behind. I believe Kakashi may have dispersed the vial of Kakuzu's blood onto Hidan's scythe to simulate the possibility that he may have been struck.

In the next scene Kakashi stops the lightning hollow with his Raikiri and there appears to be blood dripping from his hand, yet there is no wound on his hand. Either that simply just wasn't drawn out, and the lightning hollow did indeed cause him to bleed; or I believe it's possible that that blood could actually have been Kakuzu's from previously (perhaps the wind attack destroyed the vial while it was in his hand).

Anyway, I suppose that much isn't important and I am reading into how Kakuzu's blood was gathered and displaced for Hidan's ritual; but the important thing to note is simply that Kakuzu's blood will be what becomes part of the ritual.

The next chapter will probably be Kakashi just dealing with all of the different elemental attacks and overpowering them one by one once he copies each of them and overpowers them based on elemental weaknesses. After that Shikamaru's plan will ultimately take effect once Hidan begins his ritual.

In the chapter following the next, I expect Hidan to start a ritual who he and the readers thinks is on Kakashi. What will happen next is Shikamaru will tell Ino to take over Hidan's mind after the ritual has started. I expect Shikamaru will have Ino's body who is now Hidan pre-shadow binded so he cannot move. In the following scenes Hidan's body who has Kakuzu cursed will be revealed with Ino in control. At this point Chouji will have free reign over attacking Hidan's body and ultimately eliminating Kakuzu with some new skills that he has learned over the years.

Hidan will be dumbfounded at this point and will ask Shikamaru how he still has enough chakra to have him binded while in Ino's body. Shikamaru will reveal to Hidan that he intentionally made it appear as if he had reached his limit with kage mane and let Hidan free so that Hidan would attack Kakashi so Kakuzu's blood could be dispersed for the ritual while Hidan assumed that it was Kakashi's.

After Kakuzu is pretty much defeated from his fight with Kakashi and the ritual, Ino will draw Hidans own blood onto the scythe and will stand in a ritual circle made of Kage Mane by Shikamaru, and will finally swap back to her body and essentially be completely drained from using her jutsu. At this point Hidan is extremely pissed off that he's been tricked so much that he won't be able to think on his feet.

Now only by himself he will attempt another ritual after he's attacked someone in Shikas team. Once he begins essentially suiciding (assuming he's in a fake ritual circle "a.k.a kage mane") while believing that he has one of Shika's members cursed. Hidan will then come to the realization that he is indeed just hurting himself and that he has himself cursed. He will then stumble upon the fact that he is standing in a fake ritual circle made out of kage mane and will become infuriated. He will then ask Shikamaru why he didn't just bind him if he was already standing in his shadows in which Shika will say something along the line of, 'there's no reason to bind you when you've already forced yourself into one position' as if that is one of Hidan's ultimate weaknesses in his jutsu all along.

Hidan now more pissed off than ever will state that it is time for him to show off 'his true power' that we haven't seen yet which he had bragged about from the last fight with Asuma. I'm guessing this 'true power' will be that he summons his god (called by name in this chapter 'Jashin') that he worships with the idea that he plans to offer sacrifices to his god. At this point back-up will arive and it will be Kurenai's team with Kiba, Shino and Hinata. Kurenai will put Hidan into an illusion that will end up forcing Hidan to sacrifice himself to his god, but not before we get to see Kiba, Shino and Hinata in action.

From this point we get some Kurenai/Asuma back story. Also afterwards ties to the Akatsuki leader and Kurenai will be revealed, along with the revealing of the leader and the final Akatsuki member.

Naruto will be disappointed in himself that he couldn't complete his jutsu in enough time to assist Shikas team, but will have it ready for some other fight down the road. He will swear to himself that he will get stronger and will always be reliable from this point forward, etc.

Furthermore, now that the Akatsuki is weakened Sasuke and Orochimaru will begin their plan to attack Itachi and Kisame and that is the direction I see the series going.

PS: Some of this is way ahead of what I expect the next chapter to be, and furthermore some of the elements in the next chapter I predicted may seem a little farfetched. But I believe the fight with Kakuzu/Hidan and Shika's team will go something like that. I at least expect Hidans ritual to affect Kakuzu somehow and that would be Shikamaru's ultimate strategy.

Raseru
December 10, 2006, 04:01 AM
I have another prediction since others are talking about the item Shikamaru handed Kakashi in Chapter 332.

I am assuming it is just a vial, but the purpose of the vial will be to store blood somehow for when Hidan attacks and begins his ritual. What I predict is when Kakashi ran his Raikiri in to Kakuzu's heart (supposedly) he wasn't exclusively going for the kill, however making it look as if he was. Of course Kakuzu was able to defend against it anyway, no big surprise in that sense considering I don't think Shika's team and Kakashi would expect him to go down so easily.

What I suspect the purpose of attacking Kakuzu like that was actually to gather Kakuzu's blood stored into the vial for Hidan's ritual. In the following scene you will notice Hidan charging Kakashi and it looks as if he either did strike him with his scythe, followed by Kakuzu's Wind hollow attack from behind. I believe Kakashi may have dispersed the vial of Kakuzu's blood onto Hidan's scythe to simulate the possibility that he may have been struck.

Thats a good idea. Sneaky Shika & Kakashi.

I think you're onto something, morty seinfeld. Are you sure you're not in direct contact with Kishi himself?

morty seinfeld
December 10, 2006, 04:11 AM

My prediction on this is simply that the ghost he destroyed was indeed the earth ghost. People are saying that Kakuzu may himself be the earth user and the ghost he killed was the water ghost, whereas I believe this to be false and here is why:

Lets keep this elemental counter system in mind that Kakashi had noted from before. Kakashi's raikiri attack is lightning which if you notice earth is weak against. I believe the ghost Kakashi eliminated was indeed the earth ghost.

Now what I believe happens the more we examine this setup is simply that Kakashi is only able to mimic the powers that Kakuzu uses while using his Mangekyou Sharingan. In the next scene Kakashi stopped the lightning ghost with what i'm assuming was an equal powered Raikiri/lightning based attack. That ghost was only stopped not eliminated. The next ghost that is going to attack Kakashi is the fire ghost. I'm assuming Kakashi will use his MS to copy the power of this ghost to once again match it but not eliminate it.

If you remember earlier when Hidan attacked Kakashi it was followed up by the Wind ghost (so it's possible Kakashi has this power MSed as well). From here i'm assuming Kakuzu will follow up with another lightning attack assuming Kakashi is at his limit. Kakashi will surprise us all and will use the wind power he MSed to eliminate the Lightning ghost of Kakuzu's. Now the only ghosts kakuzu will have left are the wind and fire. I can go ahead and assume Kakashi eliminates the wind ghost with the MSed fire skill he has gained from Kakuzu.

At this point is when Kakuzu will pull out his one trick pony essentially saying that he was always worried someone like Kakashi would be able to eliminate him, and in this circumstance he has no water elemental powers that will allow the fire ghost to be eliminated (perhaps). In this case Kakashi will reveal that he already has water skills learned from either Zabuza or his encounter with Kisame (aka his one trick pony).

Either that or Kakuzu will himself have water powers himself and will give Kakashi the counter for both of the remaining ghosts (fire and (water "aka kakuzu")). After this pokemonesque duel takes place Hidan will supposedly start his ritual on Kakashi etc. (read my other predictions for that).

Koen
December 10, 2006, 06:51 AM
Imo, this team is certainly in need of back-up. I don't wanna say kakashi and the gang is to weak, but Kakuzu and Hidan together are way to powerfull. Maybe shika can draw out a new plan, but kakashi is giving his best. And one way or another, he'll not be able to do that constantly. My question: are Ino, Shika and Choji strong enough to handle them? My answer: I don't think so, remember the earlier fight of hidan and kakuzu. One advantage they have compared to back then: They know about their abilities, but is that enough?

hermallorn
December 10, 2006, 07:44 AM
kakuzu is just soooooo cool on the double page! kakashi is also without is forhead protector! anyway time for prediction
I don't know how long kakuzu can keep on attacking with such powerfull jutsus...
Last chapter was akatsuki big time, it never last more than 2 chapters... I predict that naruto starts to move and shika's plan continues somehow

(and i was right last week about kakuzu having a kind of parasite inside him)

dfcarolinaguy
December 10, 2006, 08:51 AM
i predict that another elemental thing will get killed lol, and i also hope that we see another atasuki member watching from a far like zetsu.

kyubisharingan
December 10, 2006, 09:17 AM
I just tought of something. I don't think the elements could attack at the same time. Say if fire and water were to attack wouldn't the water cause the fire attack to be less effective?

yerp i agree. If to opposite elements were to attack at the same time, they might cancel each other out or the damage will decrease. SO kakuzu has to think smart against Kakashi^^[br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 09:17:04 AM_________________________________________________besides, we still dont know Kakashi's other element. Remember he said Jounin usually have to elements?

Yondaime_101
December 10, 2006, 09:47 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I wonder what the threads inside of kakuzu are made of? Someone mentioned of parasites inside of kakuzu's body, this may not be far-fetched actually. What kakashi and the others should worry of is not the masks but those threads. Last week, kakuzu was able to separate his own hand completely using the threads and control them from distance, where there was no physical link to his body! Just Imagine if kakuzu gets his parts detached from him, from an explosion or rasengan, he might be able to reattach himself using those threads! I think kakuzu is just a puppet being controlled by whatever is inside of him. When he removed his cloak, we can see he has attached himself everywhere on his body. I have a feeling, he will detach his body sooner or later. He will be very hard to defeat.

By the way, we still haven't seen his angry berserk mode yet!

Toad Sage
December 10, 2006, 02:11 PM
That's a really good point Morty Seinfeld has above. I wasn't sure what the meaning of Hidan's strike was, whether he had effectively cursed Kakashi or just removed his jacket. Obviously there is going to be some attempt to turn the Akatsuki's powers against each other, and the presence of a vial is certainly telling... I think the most original remark is tying that to Hidan's strike. If that was the slight of hand we're all missing, or supposed to miss, I think that would actually be pretty good.

Nevertheless, I'm still unsure why turning Hidan against Kakuzu would necessarily be a good strategy. Both Akatsuki are immortal, so if their goal is to eliminate Hidan and Kakuzu I don't see that happening by tricking Hidan into cursing Kakuzu. Further, suppose Hidan began injuring Kakuzu, Hidan could break the jutsu and start over. Alternatively, if Hidan was unable to do this, given the nature of his power he could just refrain from attacking while Kakuzu went solo against team 10. Either way, the strategy is incomplete, and I think Shikamaru's plan is to destroy the both of them. Therefore, I think in terms of predictions, we might be going down the wrong path believing Shikamaru is going to turn their powers against each other in that way. But then again, it is often the case the most obvious answer is the correct one in Naruto, and it is certainly true that Hidan's powers are vulnerable to sabatoge! So maybe that is the right answer after all, and Kishimoto will just ignore the details (like the time line with respect to sealing Yugito :( )

rabb
December 10, 2006, 02:18 PM
that was my theory none to long ago, but i didnt think of that thing as being a vial.  but i disagree with it being a one way street. hidan needs kakuzu more than not. without kakuzu, hidan's head can be taken trophey, as the body doesnt seem to work without it. or they could just destroy it with kakashi's supped-up sharingan. send the head to another dimension... that would be cool. and it would make it harder for them to seal the remaining jinchuuriki. I'd also like to see that one guy interogating the bounty station guy.

morty seinfeld
December 10, 2006, 03:41 PM
Nevertheless, I'm still unsure why turning Hidan against Kakuzu would necessarily be a good strategy. Both Akatsuki are immortal, so if their goal is to eliminate Hidan and Kakuzu I don't see that happening by tricking Hidan into cursing Kakuzu. Further, suppose Hidan began injuring Kakuzu, Hidan could break the jutsu and start over. Alternatively, if Hidan was unable to do this, given the nature of his power he could just refrain from attacking while Kakuzu went solo against team 10.

That's where Ino comes in handy of course. Once the ritual has began and Kakuzu is cursed is when Ino, Shika and chouji can put their strategy into motion (I have it explained in my post!!).

Yondaime_101
December 10, 2006, 03:42 PM
What vial are you guys talking about? I might have missed that frame!

morty seinfeld
December 10, 2006, 03:44 PM
What vial are you guys talking about? I might have missed that frame!

It's in chapter 332 on I believe the 2nd or 3rd page

Toad Sage
December 10, 2006, 03:44 PM
Yah, but I thought if Ino possesses an individual, any harm done to that individual is directed against her as well. At least that's the way her jutsu worked in act one.

lux200
December 10, 2006, 03:49 PM
I predict that chouji and inos abilitieswill make the difference.

Team asuma lost cause they didnt know their opponents abilities.
So team 10 with kakashi fought accrding to Shikamarus plan to find out about Kakazus abilities.
now they have seen a part of hidans and kakazus abilities.
Choujis main abilities and inos remain unknown.

RaZe
December 10, 2006, 04:14 PM
Yah, but I thought if Ino possesses an individual, any harm done to that individual is directed against her as well. At least that's the way her jutsu worked in act one.

meybe she's gotten better? i remember her dad was able to mind control without injury or losing control of his body.... [during the chuunin attack thingy].

Yondaime_101
December 10, 2006, 04:27 PM
Quote: "now they have seen a part of hidans and kakazus abilities.
Choujis main abilities and inos remain unknown."

Well, the other part of kakuzu and hopefully Hidan's jutsu are yet to be seen too.

DarkManSharingan32
December 10, 2006, 04:30 PM
meybe she's gotten better? i remember her dad was able to mind control without injury or losing control of his body.... [during the chuunin attack thingy].

You guys are talking about difference between two different jutsu...
I don't think Ino's level is high enough to work a Shiranshin no jutsu on two S-Class ninjas...

She MIGHT be able to focue her energies on a single one and pull off thr Shintenshin...
In which case it would probably be better for her to possess Kakuzu.

Contolling Hidan wont allow them to get passes the hurdle they are now at... defeating Kakuzu's technique.
This also allows them to keep Hidan busy.... and possobly disable him for the remainder of the fight.
---

Afterall... with Hidan out of the way...
Kakashi can focus 100% of his energy on Kakuzu... which doesn't bode well for him...

morty seinfeld
December 10, 2006, 05:52 PM

Even if that was the case, the rituals harm will be directed all at Kakuzu.[br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 05:41:09 PM_________________________________________________

You guys are talking about difference between two different jutsu...
I don't think Ino's level is high enough to work a Shiranshin no jutsu on two S-Class ninjas...

She MIGHT be able to focue her energies on a single one and pull off thr Shintenshin...
In which case it would probably be better for her to possess Kakuzu.

Contolling Hidan wont allow them to get passes the hurdle they are now at... defeating Kakuzu's technique.
This also allows them to keep Hidan busy.... and possobly disable him for the remainder of the fight.
---

Afterall... with Hidan out of the way...
Kakashi can focus 100% of his energy on Kakuzu... which doesn't bode well for him...

Are you kidding me? At this point I don't think you as a reader can really evaluate where Ino is at in terms of abilities. All of this crap where people assume they know how much exact chakra is used in terms of what skills they use, and who those skills are reserved for are bs and i'm sick and tired of people trying to disprove this nonsense in those terms. Also, the only reason these limited chakra levels are ever used in this series is to purposely gimp a character because there is nothing at this point they can add to the fight. This is the same reason Jiraiya fought Orochimaru drunk, and Kisame only fought in Konoha with limited power. The clones were also used at 30% power with Kisame; the author knows what he is doing when he gimps a character, so I always think it's nonsense when readers attempt to evaluate where characters are without knowing anything about what they've become.

What good would it do for Ino to control Kakuzu? Try to remember that up until this point Shikas team knew absolutely nothing about Kakuzu unless they were in contact with someone who fought him and that person exposed his fighting style. This leads me to believe that Shikas plan is to exploit the weaknesses he saw in Hidans skills from the previous fight.

Think about it this way, Hidan will have Kakuzu cursed in his ritual in which Hidan does not know about at this point. If Ino did not take over Hidan he could easily cancel his ritual or simply not affect Kakuzu in any way. Tell me Ino at this point is not the perfect counter to Hidans jutsu. As far as her always taking harm if she does anything to herself, consider that the ritual forces all of that harm on the cursed entity (a.k.a Kakuzu).

Of course you could just go ahead and say that the fight hasn't even gone in this direction yet, but I believe there is a very strong possibility that this is what Shikamaru's ultimate strategy was.

someguyudontknow
December 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
Even if that was the case, the rituals harm will be directed all at Kakuzu.

You guys are still forgetting the fact that Ino's mind switching technique doesn't allow her to use another person's Jutsu's or abilities. So what would having kakuzu's blood do any good? Her father's technique during the exams didn't allow him to use his opponents jutsus either. Just control their body. Unless she has already surpassed her father and created a new level of the mind switching jutsu? This might not be the case because she might have been focusing on being a medical nin during the time skip.

morty seinfeld
December 10, 2006, 06:02 PM
You guys are still forgetting the fact that Ino's mind switching technique doesn't allow her to use another person's Jutsu's or abilities. So what would having kakuzu's blood do any good? Her father's technique during the exams didn't allow him to use his opponents jutsus either. Just control their body. Unless she has already surpassed her father and created a new level of the mind switching jutsu? This might not be the case because she might have been focusing on being a medical nin during the time skip.

Once a ritual is started though I don't think it matters whether or not she uses the jutsu. After the ritual is started the only thing that should matter is 1) someone is cursed, 2) the affector is in the ritual circle.

dysha_84
December 10, 2006, 06:06 PM
i think shikamaru will come new strategy cause of kakuzu hidden jutsu comes out.

and for sure...kakashi might b bz on handling kakuzu. i think kakashi will use his magekyo when he fighting with kakuzu.

while fighting, naruto, yamato, sakura and sai might come back them up.

i think hidan still got his hidden power or something. he still doesnt want to pull his power yet. maybe we will see it for another 2 chapters.

someguyudontknow
December 10, 2006, 06:07 PM
Once a ritual is started though I don't think it matters whether or not she uses the jutsu. After the ritual is started the only thing that should matter is 1) someone is cursed, 2) the affector is in the ritual circle.

Yes but that is to say Hidan is to use the ritual. Their current tactics is to use Hidan to distract the enemy while Kakuzu attacks both. Just like Ino said "they're using their immortality to their advantage." Hidan doesn't need to use the curse in this situation. He only uses his cursed technique when he fights alone.

DarkManSharingan32
December 10, 2006, 06:19 PM
Even if that was the case, the rituals harm will be directed all at Kakuzu.[br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 05:41:09 PM_________________________________________________
Are you kidding me? At this point I don't think you as a reader can really evaluate where Ino is at in terms of abilities. All of this crap where people assume they know how much exact chakra is used in terms of what skills they use, and who those skills are reserved for are bs and i'm sick and tired of people trying to disprove this nonsense in those terms. Also, the only reason these limited chakra levels are ever used in this series is to purposely gimp a character because there is nothing at this point they can add to the fight. This is the same reason Jiraiya fought Orochimaru drunk, and Kisame only fought in Konoha with limited power. The clones were also used at 30% power with Kisame; the author knows what he is doing when he gimps a character, so I always think it's nonsense when readers attempt to evaluate where characters are without knowing anything about what they've become.

What good would it do for Ino to control Kakuzu? Try to remember that up until this point Shikas team knew absolutely nothing about Kakuzu unless they were in contact with someone who fought him and that person exposed his fighting style. This leads me to believe that Shikas plan is to exploit the weaknesses he saw in Hidans skills from the previous fight.

Think about it this way, Hidan will have Kakuzu cursed in his ritual in which Hidan does not know about at this point. If Ino did not take over Hidan he could easily cancel his ritual or simply not affect Kakuzu in any way. Tell me Ino at this point is not the perfect counter to Hidans jutsu. As far as her always taking harm if she does anything to herself, consider that the ritual forces all of that harm on the cursed entity (a.k.a Kakuzu).

Of course you could just go ahead and say that the fight hasn't even gone in this direction yet, but I believe there is a very strong possibility that this is what Shikamaru's ultimate strategy was.

I'm basing my opinion of her skill, upon what Kishimoto has given me.
The mere fact that after being tested during the time skip... Ino, among others... all remained at Chuunin Level.

Now you if think she is somehow stronger than that.. it is upon YOU to prove how you got there. Not me, since my idea is actually canon.
(And if you somehow think a Chuunin level ninja can tangle with an S-class ninja... your logic is far beyond me)

And remember... Naruto may be a genin, but he hasn't been able to take any tests that allow his rank to be boosted.
---

And using you're own logic... it sounds like you are contradicting yourself.
YES Hidan's abilities are the only known abilities... so doesn't taking out Kakuzu seem like the smarter option.

Or does getting pelted by unknown jutsu after jutsu seem like the best way to fight?

AND, if Kakuzu's blood is on the Scythe... there is no need to possess Hidan, because he will kill his own partner reguardless. Without haveing to guess on the ability for Ino to invoke a jutsu she has never seen... or have the logistical knowledge of. And since we don't know whether or not Shitenshin no jutsu will beam the damage to her own body... it seems like that is NOT a smart alternative... because if it does... Ino will have effectively killed herself.
---

But possessing Kakuzu, they can focus on Hidan... disable him.. AND come up with a plan against Kakuzu, if he is able to repell Ino.
---
And most importantly... you are attibuting aspects to techniques that have never been shown before. not exactly canon, but things than might be in the advancement of the jutsu in question. *shrugs*

I just think there is too much speculation.

SaosiN
December 10, 2006, 06:25 PM
The mere fact that after being tested during the time skip... Ino, among others... all remained at Chuunin Level.

Now you if think she is somehow stronger than that.. it is upon YOU to prove how you got there. Not me, since my idea is actually canon.
(And if you somehow think a Chuunin level ninja can tangle with an S-class ninja... your logic is far beyond me)

And remember... Naruto may be a genin, but he hasn't been able to take any tests that allow his rank to be boosted.
---

YES Hidan's abilities are the only known abilities... so doesn't taking out Kakuzu seem like the smarter option.

Or does getting pelted by unknown jutsu after jutsu seem like the best way to fight?

AND, if Kakuzu's blood is on the Scythe... there is no need to possess Hidan, because he will kill his own partner reguardless. Without haveing to guess on the ability for Ino to invoke a jutsu she has never seen... or have the logistical knowledge of. And since we don't know whether or not Shitenshin no jutsu will beam the damage to her own body... it seems like that is NOT a smart alternative... because if it does... Ino will have effectively killed herself.
---

But possessing Kakuzu, they can focus on Hidan... disable him.. AND come up with a plan against Kakuzu, if he is able to repell Ino.
---
And most importantly... you are attibuting aspects to techniques that have never been shown before. not exactly canon, but things than might be in the advancement of the jutsu in question. *shrugs*

LoL at you.

morty seinfeld
December 10, 2006, 06:42 PM

Fair enough. But I believe that over the course of 3+ years in which we haven't seen her do anything, I made what I consider a logical jump and am assuming she has improved somehow.

Shikamaru being the cunning thinker that he is wouldn't have Ino and Chouji go on a suicide mission without a plan. Also remember that he originally planned on going into this fight with just them, he lucked out in having Kakashi offer to assist.

Naruto may be entirely low ranked on the ninja ladder but I think we all know he can potentially be the most reliable ninja of Konoha.

Contradicting myself how? I expect that during this next chapter Kakuzu and Kakashi are going to continue their little scuffle, I expect at the end of chapter 335 Hidan is going to supposedly have Kakashi cursed.

I don't exactly know what is unknown here, but you said it not me. The only point I believe you were trying to make is that you don't think it's possible Hidan or Kakuzu can be taken over by Ino exclusively because she's a Chuunin and they're S-Class.

So this is where you got confused, now it makes sense. If Hidan knew that Kakuzu was being affected by his ritual don't you think Hidan would cancel that ritual or simply just stop attacking Kakuzu? This is something I consider a logical jump, and this is the reason why I think Ino will take over Hidan once the ritual has began. Just like Hidan isn't necessarily affecting himself when he has someone cursed, i'm assuming Ino wont be affecting herself while Kakuzu is cursed. Perhaps this is due to 'immortality', perhaps not. But that is an assumption/prediction i'm willing to make. Considering it is affecting Hidans body afterall which is forwarding all of the harm to Kakuzu, I don't imagine it should matter too much when Ino can swap back to herself and Hidan himself.

A possibility I suppose, but I don't think that is a likely plan considering Kakuzu has always been an unknown up until chapters 333-334.

Could be, i'm not in disagreement here. I'm basing most of the strategy on things i've seen these characters do previously. Just like Shika can shadow-bind both Kakuzu and Hidan, i'm assuming Ino can at least swap with Hidan. The only stretch I made was the belief of Hidans ultimate power being that he'll summon his god Jashin and offer a sacrifice; but I think something like that isn't entirely farfetched given ritualistic nature in other things i've seen.

Fair enough, we'll see how things develop and i'm excited to see if i'm even a little bit correct.

bayanbatn
December 10, 2006, 06:46 PM
this fight's theme seems to be elements in general

jinsomnia
December 10, 2006, 07:09 PM
this fight's theme seems to be elements in general

you bet.. there are a reason that the fight is based on elemental. this is the first time kishi introduce us to this type of fighting, and that there are not for no reason that kakashi joins in the fight. also, the reason about this weird fighting style of immortality and weird body type of kakuzu means that they are best fighting opponent for team shika - shika team also possesed weird fighting style. i mean chouji can change the size of his body, ino can possesed others body, and shika can control shadow.

all that im trying to say is that, there are no better opponent for kakuzu and hidan at this point to match their uniquness..

also, for team hinata/kiba/shino, i think they will not be in this arc. they will fight with akatsuki member with double body (dun know his name, well, the one that have leaves or have 2 body that speak , well the one that collect the ring of tobi dat time...

Toad Sage
December 10, 2006, 09:29 PM
What good would it do for Ino to control Kakuzu? Try to remember that up until this point Shikas team knew absolutely nothing about Kakuzu unless they were in contact with someone who fought him and that person exposed his fighting style.

If funny you put it this way because that is exactly what happens in the story. Shikamaru is already aware of Kakuzu's ability to harden his body before entering the fight based on Raido's experience. So, I do not think that Shikamaru's plan solely consisted of dealing with Hidan and treating Kakuzu as a complete unknown as you suggest.

Also, I wouldn't be too quick to tie Ino to a plan to foil Hidan's jutsu. After all, you don't seem to like it when people presume certain properties of character development. As it stands for the audience, we only know that right now when Ino effects a possession her victim's injury is her own.

jairdan6
December 10, 2006, 09:38 PM
this might've been filler, but i remember seeing ino using the mind confusion technique where the victim acts on their own accord and you need not direct their actions by leaving one's own body.

DarkManSharingan32
December 10, 2006, 09:52 PM
this might've been filler, but i remember seeing ino using the mind confusion technique where the victim acts on their own accord and you need not direct their actions by leaving one's own body.

Shinranshin no jutsu...
The likelihood of Ino being able to control TWO S-class ninjas...

Miniscule.
If there was a chance it would work it would have been worth giving her the shot at the BEGINNING of the fight. When Hidan and Kakuzu were off-balance.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 09:55 PM
Well Ino could probably hold off one of them a least. Since we have not seen her fight for awhile.