PDA

View Full Version : Powers How Would A Devil Fruit Effect a Fishman

RezzieThaRapper
October 30, 2010, 02:57 PM
Hi MangaHelpers... I just wanted to spark up a frequently used topic in the forums...

More and More it has been talked about how a fishman or even a mermaid would be effected by consuming the unnatural devil's fruit...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Overview of DF in General:

1- You become unable to swim... Therefor you drown in the body of water not being able to breath at all...

2- It will give you a random ability from one of 3 Broad Catergories and you may be altered for life

3- You consistantly lose strength in an almost instant and grow weaker the longer you are under for each part submerged of yours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Overview of a Fishman eating one

1- They lose the ability to swim, but they do not lost the ability to be able to breath underwater

2- They get a random ability to use on land to make for their weakness of not being as strong as possible on land. But can't use it underwater

3- Fishmen still get like 10x's stronger underwater, but their strength will fade quickly, which means underwater seabed battles have to be fought quickly...

I'd like know what you all think...

Jorge D. Dragon
October 30, 2010, 05:15 PM
I think fishman can't it DF because of their anatomy, cause they are from the sea or also they won't eat it, cause they'll lose the ability to swim, so they will be pointless fishman and it's their only pride, being superiour than humans underwater. In fact I lean towards the first variant.

Ashura_Ichibugin
October 30, 2010, 07:50 PM
I think fishman can't it DF because of their anatomy

If even inanimate objects can "eat" df, I think fishman can eat as well. I think the df effects will be the same with humans, maybe with the exception of being able to breathe underwater.

Lord Rayleigh
October 31, 2010, 03:52 PM
Devil fruits affects fishman people as it affects human and animal beings : they lose all their strenght and because of that become unable to swim and eventually drown. Thus, it means that they are still able to breath because it is not related at all.

kebuenowilly
November 17, 2010, 11:14 AM
I rememeber reading somewhere that Oda said that fishmen will die if they eat DF. But not sure... So donĀ“t trust me at all

kkck
November 17, 2010, 12:19 PM
I don't think that has been said. I think they would simply lose the ability to swim though. That could kill a fishman though, as part fish water should be an absolute necessity for them.

zerocooldx
November 24, 2010, 12:11 AM
A Fishman eating a DF would be the ultimate irony. Because then you would have a fish that couldn't swim.

Mashiro_Luna
November 24, 2010, 04:37 PM
I think if they do have one it will be some kind of Logia like oil. If they transform completely into it before they start swimming maybe they still could.

Organizized
November 25, 2010, 10:02 AM
The side effect of eating a DF is losing all your strength and energy in water. For Luffy, falling into the sea and losing his energy means he loses control over his body, and will thus drown as he can not even hold his breath underwater. For a fishman, it would be the same thing: they'd lose all their strength and sink like a hammer, but they wouldn't drown as they have gills and whatnot, and are able to breath normally under water even in an unconscious state (just like we're able to breath air even when unconscious).

So basically, a fishman DF user would have the advantage of not drowning, but still be just as useless in water as any other DF user as they wouldn't even be able to move. Well, that's my view on it, anyway.

RezzieThaRapper
November 27, 2010, 12:04 AM
My thoughts on it are like this..

They lose energy very steadily underwater, but won't become completely useless under water for at least a few moments...

bisha16
November 27, 2010, 08:46 AM
The side effect of eating a DF is losing all your strength and energy in water. For Luffy, falling into the sea and losing his energy means he loses control over his body, and will thus drown as he can not even hold his breath underwater. For a fishman, it would be the same thing: they'd lose all their strength and sink like a hammer, but they wouldn't drown as they have gills and whatnot, and are able to breath normally under water even in an unconscious state (just like we're able to breath air even when unconscious).

So basically, a fishman DF user would have the advantage of not drowning, but still be just as useless in water as any other DF user as they wouldn't even be able to move. Well, that's my view on it, anyway.

I agree with you a fishman wouldn't die under water like other DF users do but would be useless like every DF...but i would like it if he wouldn't go unconscious and just talking with himself and waiting for someone to save him........

warriorofvirtue
November 27, 2010, 09:16 PM
I posted my prediction a while back in another thread that the strawhats would get a new crewmember that is a fishman human hybrid and he would also have a devil fruit but his fishman heritage would nullify the devil fruit water weakness
[hr]
and that he could also be their helmsman. I know it sounds stupid but I think it fits the strawhats unorthodox style if they had a helmsman that steered the ship underwater.

kanmati
January 31, 2011, 01:20 AM
Are we going to see Fishman with Devil fruit in the future?

Mashiro_Luna
January 31, 2011, 02:56 AM
I think if for no other reason to just show us what would happen to it.

elitefox
February 01, 2011, 04:44 AM
It's useless, he can only breath but not use his powers undersea lol

even weakened when put in sea

Mad Wanze
February 01, 2011, 04:47 PM
When a fishman eats a devil fruits immediatly understands how stupid he was and goes seppuku

zerocooldx
February 02, 2011, 02:33 AM
I could see a Fishmam eating a DF if he or she deems that the benefits of said DF are above that of being able to live in ocean. There also might be Fishmen that don't necessarily like FI or living in the sea and because of that they choose to eat a DF and live on the surface. Its very possible to see Fishman with a DF ability.

LeKuaSimi
February 10, 2011, 01:21 PM
It might be possible that VDD is a fishman that eaten a devil's fruit.

Ninja_Pirate
February 11, 2011, 06:29 AM
It might be possible that VDD is a fishman that eaten a devil's fruit.
Isnt it already been stated by princess that VDD is an abilty user :s ... would like to see, how he would do in water :tem .. just gonna sit there..

MaiSiaoSiao
February 12, 2011, 10:49 PM
maybe VDD cant leave his ship.lolol

Uriel
February 13, 2011, 11:02 PM
The bubble on Dekken proves us everything. He can't be at all in the water without being completely powerless.

Although the effects (As was seen before) don't stop objects that were affected by DF.

LeKuaSimi
February 14, 2011, 01:13 AM
The bubble on Dekken proves us everything. He can't be at all in the water without being completely powerless.

Although the effects (As was seen before) don't stop objects that were affected by DF.

He would probably be unable to move if he does not have the bubble, like everyone else. But he might still be able to breath, though.