PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Caribou's Logia Power

Channy
November 05, 2010, 04:27 PM
So i cant think of many logias left in the series And I'm really curious as to what Caribous power is. I'm just gonna name some off that i haven't seen yet correct me if I'm wrong please

Mud
Wind
Cement
Acid
Water
Liquidized metal like from Terminator 2
Snow (Fox666)
Goo (kkck)

That's all i can think of lets see how many we can think before Chapter 603 and see if any of us were right

kkck
November 05, 2010, 04:46 PM
I find it a tad strange that the cannon ball which he absorb did not actually seem to go all the way through but rather it seemed to have been absorbed. Don't things go a bit more clearly through other logias? Perhaps I am reading too much into that. he could still be a goo paramecia though lol.

Mashiro_Luna
November 05, 2010, 04:49 PM
I would think he was some kind of earth Logia but he's way to lightly colored for mud so I would think cement too since that kind of goes along with burying people but that doesn't seem powerful enough for a logia. He may also not be a logia but some kind of parmencia.

Fox666
November 05, 2010, 04:51 PM
there are some flakes falling, I would include snow too if there wasn't Aokiji fruit out there already... =/

I find it a tad strange that the cannon ball which he absorb did not actually seem to go all the way through but rather it seemed to have been absorbed. Don't things go a bit more clearly through other logias? Perhaps I am reading too much into that. he could still be a goo paramecia though lol.Hmm, but a paramecia can't do that anyway.

The difference there is that the ball did not go through him. I can see Caribou pulling that same cannonball at the Strawhats later

kkck
November 05, 2010, 05:15 PM
At least IMO a logia is defined by two things:
1.- Being able to transform his body into an element and by extension acquire intangibility.
2.- Being able to generate unlimited amounts of his element and being able to control external sources of the element.

That said, the properties of what a fruit user transform into can also have an effect. For example, BB's fruit is a logia but due to how darkness works (absorbing and whatnot) he just can't let things go through him. He is basically a weird logia. In that sense, why can't we have the opposite, a weird paramecia? Paramecia fruits can create effects which would seem logia-ish, take for example mr 3 and magellan. Both of them can create unlimited amounts of their wax or poison and control it like logias would with their elements but in turn they can't transform their bodies into wax or poison. In this scenario it is possible that there is a paramecia which makes the user essentially intangible while unable to generate more of their element, alter his body mass or other usual logia attributes.

Most likely Caribou is a logia user but I do think it is conceptually possible to be an intangible paramecia.

Channy
November 05, 2010, 05:22 PM
I find it a tad strange that the cannon ball which he absorb did not actually seem to go all the way through but rather it seemed to have been absorbed. Don't things go a bit more clearly through other logias? Perhaps I am reading too much into that. he could still be a goo paramecia though lol.

Goo you mean like Ivan Ooze from Mighty Morphing Power Rangers the Movie.

Thats what Goo reminded me of

there are some flakes falling, I would include snow too if there wasn't Aokiji fruit out there already... =/

And i think it could actually be snow because remember there is fire and magma so could be snow and ice

-Ken-
November 05, 2010, 05:26 PM
Right. Snow fruit is still an option. Logia fruit seems to strictly gave only their elements, not something's that close to it.

On topic, I think that it's mud.

Baron Vorg
November 05, 2010, 05:32 PM
i think the abillity of paramecia have many kind.. So, it can be the power of Caribou is paramecia..
I hesitant that Caribou's power is logia.. I found 2 fact that different from annother common logia (except yami2 no mi)..
1. The bullet from fake Sogeking, it's not perforated in caribou body and make a hole to his body, we know that if logia user is attacked by bullet, the bullet is perforate the body of logia user and make a hole in body altough it's a few moment..
2. Caribou's body is absorb the bullet, not perforate.. It's different from another logia's as we know...

Imo, he's a paramecia that have an ability to make his body became something such as Joz diamond that can change his body became diamond...

kkck
November 05, 2010, 05:37 PM
Goo you mean like Ivan Ooze from Mighty Morphing Power Rangers the Movie.

Thats what Goo reminded me of

And i think it could actually be snow because remember there is fire and magma so could be snow and ice

By goo I meant a generic and sticky liquid, nothing in particular really.

Channy
November 05, 2010, 05:39 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/45418858/3

Yeah but if ya look at this page from the latest OP chapter Caribou acknowledges that his DF is a logia

Baron Vorg
November 05, 2010, 05:50 PM
he's say "so what if i am".. He didn't say he's logia or not actually.. It can be only a snarl..

zerocooldx
November 05, 2010, 10:34 PM
I would replace cement with rock. Since rock is far more of a natural occurrence than cement. And Caribou seems to be a mud Logia.

Baron Vorg
November 05, 2010, 11:57 PM
but the colour is white..

kkck
November 06, 2010, 12:27 AM
^Thats because the image we saw is in black and white. It could be any color really...

Baron Vorg
November 06, 2010, 01:07 AM
but crocodile's sand colour is not white or black.. Oda using tone..

Poneglyph420
November 06, 2010, 01:20 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/45418858/3

Looking at this image of Caribou using his DF shows a great deal more shading and tone....

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/45418858/2

Then in the above image over the fake Sanji's head is says "do ro do ro ro"
(Doro means dirt in Japanese)

When I put the two together I guess he's a Dirt/ Mud Man.

Baron Vorg
November 06, 2010, 01:43 AM
it use a tone because the picture showed very near, so tone used for make a dark efect...

It can be mud, but i'am not sure it logia..

Poneglyph420
November 06, 2010, 02:01 AM
it use a tone because the picture showed very near, so tone used for make a dark efect...

It can be mud, but i'am not sure it logia..

However there is also shading on the middle image of page 3..
Where Caribou is choking out fake Sanji and being proclaimed a Logia..

I don't see how him being Logia is still under debate.. A cannon ball flew through him. He might be a psycho but he's not out of his mind.. So him admitting to being Logia pretty much confirms it.. no?

Baron Vorg
November 06, 2010, 02:09 AM
his body just absorb the canon ball.. The canon ball not trough him..
And he don't say he's a logia, it just according to fake SHP.. He just say "so what if i'am".. He say "if".. So i think he just threating fake SHP.. It can be not..

Dice
November 06, 2010, 11:05 AM
However there is also shading on the middle image of page 3..
Where Caribou is choking out fake Sanji and being proclaimed a Logia..

I don't see how him being Logia is still under debate.. A cannon ball flew through him. He might be a psycho but he's not out of his mind.. So him admitting to being Logia pretty much confirms it.. no?

Seeing the dialogue and the image I thought that he might not be a logia at all. We know that there are paramecia that turn your body in to something else. Take Luffy for example. Furthermore there are fruits that can be turned on and off. An example for that would be Jozu (and Mr. 1? or is he always a metal man?).
So I think that Caribou is a mudman who got his powers through a paramecia.

Channy
November 06, 2010, 04:48 PM
Seeing the dialogue and the image I thought that he might not be a logia at all. We know that there are paramecia that turn your body in to something else. Take Luffy for example. Furthermore there are fruits that can be turned on and off. An example for that would be Jozu (and Mr. 1? or is he always a metal man?).

But i think the common trait we know of logia users is you cant hit them unless you have haki so i think that would make Mr. 1 and Diamond Jozu paramecia DF users

Poneglyph420
November 06, 2010, 06:17 PM
his body just absorb the canon ball.. The canon ball not trough him..
And he don't say he's a logia, it just according to fake SHP.. He just say "so what if i'am".. He say "if".. So i think he just threating fake SHP.. It can be not..

I guess it's up for interpretation, if the Cannon was absorbed or passed..
Either way it's a feat Paramecia and Zoan have not been able to accomplish in the last 600 chapters...

Also just because the Fake SH are weak, doesn't mean that they aren't credible sources.

If he was a Mud Man Paramecia wouldn't the cannon ball of splashed of or redirected.. instead of being absorbed??
I dunno.

Dice
November 06, 2010, 06:39 PM
I don't know either but since he said "what if I am" and the way the canonball hit him I thought that he might have special kind of paramecia.
If he has a paramecia with intangibility-like features you would still need haki to hit him. That way the SH could show off haki and there would be no need to waste a character with a logia fruit.
If Caribou would have a mud-paramecia or something alike (water etc.) he could not be hit with normal attacks. So there would still be a need of haki.

But i think the common trait we know of logia users is you cant hit them unless you have haki so i think that would make Mr. 1 and Diamond Jozu paramecia DF users

Both of them are paramecia DF users. But my point was that there are paramecia users who need to activate their powers and such as Luffy who's power is always active.

Baron Vorg
November 06, 2010, 07:03 PM
agree with dice, paramecia user have many kinds type.. Luffy's power always active although he's on not aware condition, different like Jozu and mr. 1 that can control their power..

dct21
November 06, 2010, 07:12 PM
i also think he's a dirt man/ aoikiji is a logia and attacks don't go threw him, he just breaks

Baron Vorg
November 06, 2010, 07:50 PM
but aokiji dont absorb like caribou..
same as crocodile, aokiji's body breaks when he attacked.. And his body still perforated when he attacked..

Lord Rayleigh
November 07, 2010, 10:11 AM
So i cant think of many logias left in the series And I'm really curious as to what Caribous power is. I'm just gonna name some off that i haven't seen yet correct me if I'm wrong please

Mud
Wind
Cement
Acid
Water
Liquidized metal like from Terminator 2
Snow (Fox666)
Goo (kkck)

The powers which are crossed cannot be Logia because of their nature - they could be Paramecia through. So if Caribou was to have one of his powers, I'm convinced he would not be a Logia.

As for the wind (or air), the water and the snow logias, it is definitely impossible in this case because they do not fit Caribou's use of his powers. The only LOGIA Devil Fruit which fits here is mud.

Regarding the absorbing effect which seems to disturb some people, I think it's only because Caribou has not mastered his logia yet and that he cannot turn automatically into his matter. Indeed, if you see his face he seems to get some difficulty.

Razh
November 07, 2010, 10:25 AM
It could still be some kind of absorbing ability. Paramecia. We've seen a lot of different paramecia abilities and all I saw was that cannonball getting slowly absorbed. Not a definite logia, at least not yet.

Lord Rayleigh
November 07, 2010, 10:40 AM
It could still be some kind of absorbing ability. Paramecia. We've seen a lot of different paramecia abilities and all I saw was that cannonball getting slowly absorbed. Not a definite logia, at least not yet.
An absorbing and releasing power could work but the problem is that it would be a bit too similar to the Yami Yami no Mi. Not to say, we've also seen Capone and Blamenco's Devil Fruits.

natli
November 07, 2010, 11:43 AM
I think it's a paramecia, for two reasons.
1. "so what if I am" sounds as if his enemies assumed he's a logia, and he's not about to prove them wrong, instead choosing to intimidate them.
2. it is too soon for a serious, dragged out fight, and ANY fight with a real logia will be just that.

edit: and by the way - I think it's a Dough Fruit :P

chess4
November 07, 2010, 12:17 PM
The powers which are crossed cannot be Logia because of their nature - they could be Paramecia through. So if Caribou was to have one of his powers, I'm convinced he would not be a Logia.

As for the wind (or air), the water and the snow logias, it is definitely impossible in this case because they do not fit Caribou's use of his powers. The only LOGIA Devil Fruit which fits here is mud.

Regarding the absorbing effect which seems to disturb some people, I think it's only because Caribou has not mastered his logia yet and that he cannot turn automatically into his matter. Indeed, if you see his face he seems to get some difficulty.

teach is a logia and he cant turn his on and off. i think he is either a gel or mud logia. a water logia is impossible, the closet thing to that will be fishman karate.

hopefully we will get the answer next chapter

Baron Vorg
November 07, 2010, 06:25 PM
i think yami2 no mi is a special logia -__-a
and i guess it's only one..
I still thinking that caribou isn't logia.. Not yet..

Lord Rayleigh
November 07, 2010, 06:32 PM
teach is a logia and he cant turn his on and off.
I don't understand your point. What is the connection with what I said about the " absorbing effect " ?

Jdapenao
November 07, 2010, 07:13 PM
I shouldnt be "Caribou's Logia Power", IMO its a paramecia ability more than a logia.

Deepak5191
November 07, 2010, 07:30 PM
It can't be a Paramecia fruit, since Paramecia users can only generate their element, not turn into it. Think about Magellan, he can generate tons of poison but he can't let an attack pass through him. Paramecia gets you act like or generate a substance but your body still exists underneath it all.
So unless Caribou's original body is tiny and the person we see is just a construct around said tiny body, I don't think its a Paramecia.

deffkryz
November 07, 2010, 08:56 PM
Possible names: Numa Numa no Mi / Sawa Sawa no Mi / Yachi Yachi no Mi - meaning to all of them: Swamp-Swamp fruit or Morass-Morass fruit

And right now I'm sticking to this option since it fits his over all theme of burying people alive which swamps and morass both are said to do.

The powers which are crossed cannot be Logia because of their nature - they could be Paramecia through.
Why is quicksilver as liquid metal no option for a logia power? It's not water...

Baron Vorg
November 08, 2010, 01:38 AM
still thinking caribou is a paramecia type... :D

ecobot
November 08, 2010, 04:43 AM
He's a definitely Concrete/Cement type DF user, the way he's absorb cannon and the fact that he like to bury people alive, It's a really cool power actually. That way he might be able to generate things like Mr.3 did too.

natli
November 08, 2010, 04:43 AM
@Deepak5191
What about Luffy? His body is rubber, even when he's unconscious or in water.
Besides the bullet didn't pass all the way.

kebuenowilly
November 08, 2010, 05:04 AM
I understand that some people feel that Caribou can't be a logia, since logia seems to be a power just deserved for much more charismatic characters.

But Luffy and the strawhats need to show to how powerful they have become, and their mastering on haki, and the best way is to beat a logia.
So that's the purpouse of Caribou, a "weak" logia character to be discarded quickly after his defeat.

About the way the cannonball hits him, it just don't goes through because mud is a dense substance. Is not like sand, and definitively not like fire, that allow things to pass-through much more easy.
I can recall a panel (let me search for it) in which Akainu received a slash, and his body reacted in the same dense-substance way, not allowing the sword to pass through.

c0nflikt
November 08, 2010, 12:57 PM
Clay? I want it to be cement or mud though.

Ero-Sanji
November 08, 2010, 01:19 PM

I guess it depends on the Logia. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you e.g. shoot something at Akainu that object won't make it through since it would have melted. That said this Logia or strange paramecia(since he even becomes the mud, goo) is most definitely a really, really thick liquid, as most of you already figured out:p

HiAndromon
November 08, 2010, 02:18 PM
Do you guys think Luffy's going to be the only one to beat Caribou?He's made of Mud, fast growing plants could devastate him,if only someone like Usopp had fast growing plants with him.

Zmsp
November 08, 2010, 05:58 PM
I'm trully curious if Caribou's going to be a random logia just to show luffy one shot him, and to create that serious environment that coatings are dangerous and stuff, or if he's gonna turn out to be more than that and actually turn out to be a real serious threat in the long term.

but since the title's about his ability,I think that mud is just to anti climatic for him,his nickname "Wet Hair" makes me think of something a bit lighter and squishier than mud,I mean,it just doesnt feel right,although that wet hair could actually turn out to be "dirty" as when you're covered in mud and your hair seems indeed like his.

THM Nindo
November 08, 2010, 06:34 PM
I agree.
It's not a logia.

The ball doesn't go through, and you see him extend his goo-thing... a bit like how Mr3 uses his wax.

Omnion_1990
November 09, 2010, 01:51 PM

the thing is when youre talking about the speed of the manga which is supposed to be translated into anime, no one can get it 100%

but i agree with you, unless slowing down was supposed to emphasise his ability. other than that its not shown whether or not the cannon ball went through him, so im assuming as well that his logia is cement/ clay/ mud - something THICK enough to stop a cannonball inside him. I mean even though its a movie, weve had a candy logia LMFAO.

if it is, sanji's diablo kick could take him out without use of haki. i very much doubt water since water would be "see-through". Mud would be brown so im assuming clay/ cement. but either way luffy G2 + haki = bye bye.

Cizuz
November 12, 2010, 05:58 PM
For some reason with the amount of bloodlust this character portray's I think he might end up being a blood logia.

MonsterEnvy
November 12, 2010, 08:01 PM
Clay I think he is Clay
Clay is dense and hard to go through so i think its clay his crew looks like Clay dolls anyway

Ipoopshootingstars
November 16, 2010, 09:19 AM
It is obvious that Caribou is none other then the MASH POTATO-MAN!!!

THM Nindo
November 16, 2010, 10:29 AM
Well, someone suggested since his name is Caribou (which is another name for the the reindeer here in Quebec), that his logia-type could be "Maple Syrup". :tem

kkck
November 16, 2010, 10:55 AM
If caribou was some sort of edible logia he'd be screwed. Luffy would chew him up with haki before even realizing it.

ghaghagha
November 18, 2010, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure about the ability
but, I'm sure: its Paramecia
and my prediction is Paramecia Gel (lol)
because he has a wet-hair, looks like the hair is wet by his Gel :D

and i think that Fake Sogeking is mistaken about Caribou DF (he says LOGIA!)

Sarmad
November 20, 2010, 05:47 PM
Glue, SALIVA, blood, hair gel .. these are my best guesses ^^

Ipoopshootingstars
December 19, 2010, 09:29 PM
I think he ate the Goo Goo fruit. He is a generic gooman!

RezzieThaRapper
December 20, 2010, 03:25 PM
If caribou was some sort of edible logia he'd be screwed. Luffy would chew him up with haki before even realizing it.

He could do it WITHOUT haki...

Mark my words on this...

smoker559
December 21, 2010, 06:40 AM
im thinking its mud

forumsforums
January 21, 2011, 10:24 PM
the argument about whether or not the cannon goes all the way through him is silly. that's just an issue of density. whether he's logia or paramecia, some substances are more dense than others. That being said my vote is for logia.

as far as the substance, my guess is mud or clay. probably mud since he's obsessed with burying his victims, then he uses his power to do so.

RezzieThaRapper
January 22, 2011, 01:30 AM
I also believe it is Mud... I hope he does a little more than stick his tongue out all day too

jorped
January 22, 2011, 07:06 AM
I also believe it is Mud... I hope he does a little more than stick his tongue out all day too

lol , i kinda hope too that he is stronger than as been shown to us :)

i also think that it is mud

R3D
January 26, 2011, 10:26 AM
What if it was shit? shit-shit no fruit ? o.0

jorped
January 26, 2011, 04:44 PM
let me see i think is fruit is numa-numa fruit so he is a swamp man :P
[hr]

What if it was shit? shit-shit no fruit ? o.0

lol if i already didnt know that he ate the numa-numa fruit i would think that that was the one that he did eat lol

chess4
January 26, 2011, 05:45 PM
finally this thread can be closed.....he is a swamp man.

ScratchmenApoo
January 27, 2011, 07:12 AM
But does simply getting his Devil Fruit's name answer the question whether he's a logia or actually a paramecia?

Teach said that only his Logia was special and it also allowed him to store humans/objects inside of him.
Now, if Caribou can do that as well (confirmed by him stealing the mermaids) then the storing ability of Teach's Logia isn't that special any more. And which would mean all Logias should have that ability ?

I think that Caribou's Fruit is a Paramecia that allows sucking in objects like a swamp (and possibly returning them later).
Maybe he knows that Logia is supposed to be rare and most people are more afraid of a Logia than a Paramecia so he purposefully lies about his Fruit, just to make himself more fearful.

Poneglyph420
January 28, 2011, 02:11 PM
Can we lock this thread now...

Unless someone else has some juvenile BS to post....
Or if someone is still convinced that his power is Paramecia...

Really!?

Dice
January 28, 2011, 03:19 PM
Well this thread could still serve the purpose to discuss his power. The extent of what he can do et cetera.

Mashiro_Luna
January 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
He is probably a logia but his power turns him into a swamp which could be a parmencia. His legs still being solid in the latest chapter makes me even more suspicious of this.

Poneglyph420
January 28, 2011, 05:24 PM
In the last chapter Caribou states that his body is infinite..

HERE: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/68833748/6

That to me clearly proves (including all the other supporting info.) That Caribou is undoubtedly a Logia user...

If he were paramecia his DF wouldn't make him infinite.. he'd still be ruled by the general size and shape of his "normal" form...

Anyone have any other ideas about Caribou's power???

Anduren
January 28, 2011, 05:45 PM
I'm just going to quote myself on this since what I said in discussion/prediction seems to have gone unnoticed:

"...We have already seen this kind of effect in Skypea: Priest Gedatsu used swamp clouds and they had the exact same effect. Its not like his ability is the same as Blackbeard's Dark Hole. Stuff that goes into the swamp never comes out. Except in this case, since he IS the swamp, I guess he can find and pull stuff out that's already gone in."

Mashiro_Luna
January 28, 2011, 08:07 PM
I'm just saying until he definitely states he's a logia then I will still have my doubts. He could be a unique parmencia just like the Yami Yami no MI is a unique logia that doesn't transform his body.

Freid
January 29, 2011, 05:48 AM
I don't get it. I don't get why guys are so skeptical about Caribou's devil fruit in particular. Is he that special? When have we ever needed more evidence than the demonstration of the devil fruit itself, and other character's own judgment, for us to acknowledge a persons's devil fruit? Is the idea that he has a logia so inconcievable that we must belittle ourselves to being dependant on said person explicitly telling us that he is so, for it to be accepted? Is it because an attack was shown to not pass through him? If so, that is just a common misconception which I admittedly accepted for a long time. But then one day I just thought to myself 'Wtf, logias ain't intangible at all'. Logia users simply react to attacks the same way their elements would in reality. Kizaru's light is intangible by nature, so attacking him would also have that effect. Smoker's smoke is also intangible by nature so attacking him would also have that effect. However, when Ao Kiji is attacked, he shatters like ice would do in reality when hit. With that said, when Caribou was attacked, his body simply reacted to the canon ball the same way a swamp would in reality; it just sank in.

c0nflikt
January 29, 2011, 07:51 AM
what I want to know is this storage thing just unique to him and blackbeard, or like all logias. cause it'd be cool if non-destructive logias could do it but the more powerful ones couldn't.

Jorge D. Dragon
January 29, 2011, 08:58 AM
c0nflikt
I think for now it's only property of his and BB's fruits, cause it's logical from their nature, but we may see some other Logias that will let their users suck things and people.

Also I agree with Poneglyph420. It's rather clear that Caribou has Logia DF.

Freid
January 29, 2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah, though that particular aspect of Caribou's logia fruit does pose quite an advantage over other logia users, but I bet its at the cost of the destructive capabilities most of ther other logia users are granted.

kkck
January 29, 2011, 10:59 AM
I am still not convinced about caribou being a logia. His reaction when asked about that was rather awkward and what he has is not intangibility itself but rather the ability to absorb stuff. He also hasn't shown the ability to separate his element from his body. Other logias have shown they can throw their element at people such as akainu or crocodile with their magma shots and espada thingy while in turn caribou merely absorbed the whole thing. If caribou can only absorb things but not let them go through then he really can't be a logia unless we start getting a bunch of special logias like BB. I think caribou could very well be a paramecia that appears to be like a logia. Anyways, based on what little we have seen, caribou is a bit too different from other logia users to be a logia so far and could very well be a paramecia.

Freid
January 29, 2011, 12:38 PM
Logias being intangible is just a misconception that was developed because of the fact that most of the logias we have seen have been intangible. However, the reason is because most of them have all had elements which are intangible by nature, and Ao Kiji does not and instead shatters the way his element would in reality. Caribou’s ability to absorb stuff is simply mimicking the properties of a swamp. The common trait they all share is in fact the ability to remain unharmed when attacked. Nothing Caribou has demonstrated so far has breached the conventions of a logia user, but has instead done so regarding what we know of a paramecia. Like Poneglyph stated, paramecias maintain their general size and shape, and I doubt he has a special paramecia. Also I didn’t think his reaction when asked about his devil fruit was awkward at all. It was an appropriate way of responding to an enemy he is in the process of burying alive. I wouldn’t expect a guy like him to respond any less threatening than he did and was completely consistent of his character.

kkck
January 29, 2011, 03:27 PM
Aokiji is not like ace but that does not mean he is not intangible. Even if he breaks his actual body still cannot be hurt by conventional means and stuff in the end goes through him. With caribou, things do not go through him at all, quite the opposite, he keeps it within him.

deffkryz
January 29, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'm predicting it: Even if Oda throws out another five databooks - there'll still be doubt spread by some readers about whether Caribou's power are part of the Logia category DF or not... It's just like the ever returning statements that Luffy and Mr.3 are Logia users, too...

Readers need to get away from thinking of Logias in terms of "elements" - since this isn't Naruto we're talking about. Logias represent natural powers that humans are powerless against without or even with the help of tools.

Even with a rope and the help of others it's not sure that you can get out of a swamp.

Freid
January 29, 2011, 07:09 PM
Aokiji is not like ace but that does not mean he is not intangible. Even if he breaks his actual body still cannot be hurt by conventional means and stuff in the end goes through him. With caribou, things do not go through him at all, quite the opposite, he keeps it within him.

Ao Kiji is not intangible. Intangibility refers to something lacking in substance or simply unable to be touched. Strictly speaking, Ace is not intangible and neither is Crocodile. A logia fruit does not grant anybody the power of intangibility, but actually grants the user the ability to remain unharmed against attacks in the form of whatever 'natural power' they were given. So when attacking Caribou, things do not have to go through him as long as he remains unharmed; his body just does what a swamp would do.

morau-san
January 30, 2011, 02:25 PM
for all those that believe he's a paramecia.

http://www.manga2u.com/One_Piece/606/06/

are u really gonna disagree with franky? :P