PDA

View Full Version : Theory The strawhats are already stronger than most new world pirates

NoLimit89
November 05, 2010, 08:07 PM
I think in the upcoming chapters the strawhats would only battle with the stronger new world pirate crews and win before facing someone like Kaidou or Big Mom.

They're already MUCH stronger than most new world crew (except for the youkons and probably some silver medalists too). You can tell by the WB war chapter where most pirate crews were beaten by the pacifista army quite easily while in the previous chapter Zoro/Sanji/Luffy can pretty much one shot those pacifistas. Now I know those were prototypes and the new models are probably stronger, but I don't think it's going to be too hard for the strawhats to handle. At most, the new models VS the strawhats would be similar to cp9 vs strawhats.

starkaos
November 05, 2010, 10:03 PM
Those pirates were merely people that got half way through the grand line. The pirates that are the closest to Raftel will be the strongest since they have almost conquered the New World. You are correct that the PXs that Luffy and crew beat were weak since they were prototypes and New World PXs are much stronger. The Strawhat crew might be stronger than some of the New World pirates that Whitebeard brought with him, but we have seen almost nothing about the New World. I suspect that it will be a few arcs before we see pirates that actually makes Luffy sweat.

Fox666
November 06, 2010, 11:10 AM
No problem with that. If you remember when they entered the Grand Line, the first main villain was Crocodile, one of the Shichibukai, basically one of the strongest pirates of the world.

kkck
November 06, 2010, 11:29 AM
I don't think the new world pirates shown during the wars were shown to be as weak as you imply. Above that, it is not necessary for every single new world pirate to be able to take on a pacifista for them to be strong. Pirate captains should pretty much be capable of that but in turn we never saw any of the actual famous pirates face a pacifista. Above that, we did see a few of the general crewmembers seemingly doing well against the pacifista. Another important thing to consider is the number of pacifista during the war. There were at least 20 of them in an organized military formation which is by no means the same thing the strawhats faced nor the same deal as facing a single pacifista. That said, I do think the strawhats will be considered strong even by new world standards. Luffy by now should be even stronger than what ace was with his current mastery of haki and improved abilities and zoro and sanji are no small deal. The strawhats are hundreds and even thousands of times stronger than what they used to be however that is not the same as them being stronger than the majority of the crews around though. The first island hawkins visited had a guy with an 80 mil bounty so in all likelyhood enemy pirates are bound to get exponentially stronger as they move on.

Zehahaha
November 06, 2010, 01:32 PM
I don't think the new world pirates shown during the wars were shown to be as weak as you imply. Above that, it is not necessary for every single new world pirate to be able to take on a pacifista for them to be strong. Pirate captains should pretty much be capable of that but in turn we never saw any of the actual famous pirates face a pacifista. Above that, we did see a few of the general crewmembers seemingly doing well against the pacifista. Another important thing to consider is the number of pacifista during the war. There were at least 20 of them in an organized military formation which is by no means the same thing the strawhats faced nor the same deal as facing a single pacifista. That said, I do think the strawhats will be considered strong even by new world standards. Luffy by now should be even stronger than what ace was with his current mastery of haki and improved abilities and zoro and sanji are no small deal. The strawhats are hundreds and even thousands of times stronger than what they used to be however that is not the same as them being stronger than the majority of the crews around though. The first island hawkins visited had a guy with an 80 mil bounty so in all likelyhood enemy pirates are bound to get exponentially stronger as they move on.

The only scene we saw where NW pirates did something against a pacifista was when 3 of the NW captains teamed up against one of the Pacifistas (The one with the spear, the one who looks like Capone and have a gun, and someone else, those where shown to be captains in the new Databook), so really, that doesn't really gives a good impression about them. At least, that's for the WB allies anyway.

But yeah, I agree with what you said. The SH are stronger, so in their next adventures in the NW, they'll probably face strong pirates, not fodders like Brownbeard at least

hy4k
November 06, 2010, 09:17 PM
Luffy is easily shichibukai level. Zoro is almost there but he'll be stronger than any shichibukai onece he beats mihawk

starkaos
November 06, 2010, 10:48 PM
Shichibukai is not really a level state. Besides the only Shichibukai left are Boa Hancock, Doflamingo, Mihawk, and Kuma. The only one that actually poses a threat to the Strawhat crew is Doflamingo since he is just as likely to kill them as let them go. Although, I suspect that Doflamingo would let the Strawhat go since he loves chaos and the Strawhat crew are unintentional agents of chaos. Boa Hancock won't do anything to harm them. Mihawk will only attack Zoro and that is only in an official due. Kuma does not count since he has lost his will. If the Strawhats and Kuma fight, then he will regain his will and not fight them anymore or something like that. Also, Crocodile and Moria are weak compared to other Shichibukai like Boa Hancock, Kuma, and Mihawk.

As far as Marines go, Luffy is easily Vice Admiral level with Sanji and Zoro being either at that level or close. Sanji and Zoro are at least Captain level. Although it is not known how many Captains that the Strawhat crew beat at the Bridge of Hesitation. Therefore, it could be stated that any Strawhat could beat a Captain. Although there might be a huge difference between a Grand Line Captain and a New World Captain.

kkck
November 06, 2010, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if sanji, zoro and luffy had the caliber to be shichibukai or at least be taken seriously if their names come up. Luffy should be at least of ace's level right now and zoro and sanji seem to follow rather closely in general.

kulugo
November 07, 2010, 05:04 AM
of course, that's the point of their training.

natli
November 07, 2010, 09:32 AM
This is a good question - how long will Oda let the SH win without breaking a sweat. The 2 year timeskip cannot be wasted by showing that in the New World the SH are once again underdogs. But there has to be someone who will be a challenge for them, sooner or later.

I think this will solved by the SH winning in the Fishman Island and in the beginning of Grand LIne, without dragged out fights. Since the New World is the territory of the Four Emperors (who is the fourth one?!) by beating up their underlings they can easily anger one of the yonkou, and my preditction is that only against such opponents the Sh will play the underdog part.

tothx
November 07, 2010, 02:51 PM
This is a good question - how long will Oda let the SH win without breaking a sweat. The 2 year timeskip cannot be wasted by showing that in the New World the SH are once again underdogs. But there has to be someone who will be a challenge for them, sooner or later.

I think this will solved by the SH winning in the Fishman Island and in the beginning of Grand LIne, without dragged out fights. Since the New World is the territory of the Four Emperors (who is the fourth one?!) by beating up their underlings they can easily anger one of the yonkou, and my preditction is that only against such opponents the Sh will play the underdog part.

Well we definitely will see the fight a major player quite early on. Theyre introduction to the secound part of the grand line should be no less shocking then them defeating a schichibukai in the beginning of the first half.

chess4
November 07, 2010, 03:18 PM
Luffy is easily shichibukai level. Zoro is almost there but he'll be stronger than any shichibukai onece he beats mihawk

thats all how u look at it. luffy beat croc becaus ehe figured out an rdge on him. that the only one he beat head to head. he had a 100 shadows to help fight moria, and im sure the other shichibuaki would give luffy pure hell in a fight.

yes i know luffy is a beast. take WB's allies, we didnt see most of them in action and im sure that for a reason. luffy is a beast but he is still no where near ready to take on the real beast of the world, the yonkou, the shichibukai, the admirals, garp, sengoku, dragon, kong, the gorousei, rayleigh, blackbeard, level 6 prisoners. there are still tons of people stronger than luffy, and who knows who else we will see. luffy and the crew are at the half way point.

the strawhats entering the new world is just like them starting in east blue again pre time skip.

urlaub
November 07, 2010, 03:59 PM
luffy is a beast but he is still no where near ready to take on the real beast of the world, the yonkou, the shichibukai, the admirals, garp, sengoku, dragon, kong, the gorousei, rayleigh, blackbeard, level 6 prisoners. there are still tons of people stronger than luffy, and who knows who else we will see. luffy and the crew are at the half way point.

I agree that Luffy is not far enough to take on Shanks and WB. Not to mention Mihawk or the three admirals etc. But he definetly is far enough to beat some common sense into Crocodile and weaker schichis.
As I see it now, Luffy is still away from the level of admirals, dragon, yonkous, mihawk, Kong, Garp, Sengoku, Rayleigh and maybe some more. Others are equal to him if he goes madly into fight like with croc or moria or lucci.

NoLimit89
November 07, 2010, 11:42 PM
I'm rereading the past few chapters and I think that the pirate captains under WB are not necessarily weak compared to NW standards.

On the contrary, they're probably some of NW's best pirates.

http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/OnePiece570/186468-6.html

As you can see, Ivankov is referring to these pirate captains as "world's best pirates".

Also, the crewmates may be a little fodder, but the captains are able to take down the pacifistas quite easily, as seen here:

http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/OnePiece568/184605-3.html

This leads me to think that Luffy after haki training can already be counted as one of the world's best pirates although he's still not at the level of Mihawk/Youkons/3 Admirals.

I do think that Luffy/Zorro/Sanji should be able to take down vice admirals and probably go against Don Flamingo. Luffy is probably on Ace's level now and can fight Jimbei to a draw (even though they're allies - I'm just using it as a comparison).

nalex94
November 08, 2010, 03:55 PM
http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/OnePiece570/186468-6.html

As you can see, Ivankov is referring to these pirate captains as "world's best pirates".

Im Pretty Sure Iva was Talking about Whitebeard There. When the NW pirates appeared in the bay a marine said that all the captians had made a name for themselves in the new world, they cant be fodder, nor do i think Luffy would have an easy time against any of them. They probably wanted to get stronger so they didnt lose anyone as important to them as there pops again. I think you are judging it unfairly, you need to take into account the growth everyone else has gone through in two years and not just the SHs

-Ken-
November 08, 2010, 05:57 PM
You should also take into account that most pirates have a crew larger than SHs. The power gap between member might be larger. They might (and actually, most likely) also have apprentice, like buggy. It's obvious that not everyone of those infamous crew will be able to take down a pacisfisca.

cno
November 08, 2010, 07:57 PM
Without actually have seen too many pirates in the NW and what they are capable of, I don't see how making this statement makes any sense.

Obviously they are the main crew of the manga, and they should win most battles/fights. However claiming out right they're stronger than most is a bit of a stretch at this point.

kulugo
November 09, 2010, 01:06 AM
IIRC brownbeard was a new world pirate. he looks pretty weak to me. so we could guess that there are a ton of pirates in new world that SH can handle easily.

Aikidoka
November 09, 2010, 01:13 AM
If by the title you mean the SHs are stronger than the NW captains shown, IMO not necessarily. We have no idea what their power level is relatively, Pacifistas are not a good job (someone pointed out 20 PXs from all sides are not the same as 1).

That said, I do think the SHs are stronger than most NW pirates. If we look at the first hundred chapters or so, the SHs were already as a whole better than the enemies they faced. Luffy pwned Alvida, Zoro did the same with Morgan. Buggy and co. weren't serious fights -- Zoro faced Cabaji with a handicap, and still OHKO'd him once he got serious. Most of the Kuro arc battle was Luffy goofing off and Zoro once again having a handicap with a 2 v. 1 (still managed to beat them down pretty easily). Luffy vs. Kuro was the first fight we saw where Luffy didn't have a clear lead, but even then he didn't suffer many serious wounds. Luffy vs. Krieg was a bit higher up, Luffy pretty much bled out, but he knew Krieg's weakness from the start; once he shattered his armor, Krieg was done. Sanji vs. Pearl was a curbstomp through and through, and Sanji fought his second battle (vs. Gin) with a handicap (already wounded).

Zoro vs. Mihawk was an outlier, Oda only showed us that to hype up the Grand Line.

The Arlong arc was the first one where all members had serious, equal fights (except maybe Usopp, lol).

So basically until the end of the East Blue, the SHs were all collectively stronger than their enemies. After that, they followed the usual Shounen pattern of getting stronger as they progressed.

I personally believe the pattern will be similar with the NW. The SHs will be stronger than their enemies until a certain point, after which they'll get stronger as the enemies get stronger. Until they get to that point, they'll be stronger.

ThEwOrLdEndSwItHmE
November 09, 2010, 09:23 PM
Shichibukai is not really a level state. Besides the only Shichibukai left are Boa Hancock, Doflamingo, Mihawk, and Kuma. The only one that actually poses a threat to the Strawhat crew is Doflamingo since he is just as likely to kill them as let them go. Although, I suspect that Doflamingo would let the Strawhat go since he loves chaos and the Strawhat crew are unintentional agents of chaos. Boa Hancock won't do anything to harm them. Mihawk will only attack Zoro and that is only in an official due. Kuma does not count since he has lost his will. If the Strawhats and Kuma fight, then he will regain his will and not fight them anymore or something like that. Also, Crocodile and Moria are weak compared to other Shichibukai like Boa Hancock, Kuma, and Mihawk.

As far as Marines go, Luffy is easily Vice Admiral level with Sanji and Zoro being either at that level or close. Sanji and Zoro are at least Captain level. Although it is not known how many Captains that the Strawhat crew beat at the Bridge of Hesitation. Therefore, it could be stated that any Strawhat could beat a Captain. Although there might be a huge difference between a Grand Line Captain and a New World Captain.

Well as far as the shichibukai are concerned lets not forget its been 2years, the govt replaced croc in a matter of days or weeks so im sure the ranks have been filled. Im not sure i agree that mihawk is not a threat as he did not hesitate to attack luffy during WBW. I do agree with the Kuma theory however saying Croc was a weaker member i disagree. He easily defeated Luffy twice and if it had not been for storyline and lucky he would have done so the 3rd time. lets not forget croc fought both mihawk and Don Flamingo equally.

TheMoa
November 09, 2010, 10:36 PM
^But i do think that Luffy can defeat Croc without much problems now. I mean, off course he almost died 3 times before, but now with the mastery of Haki he doesn't need water to do damage, what makes a "fair" fight. And in a fight of power, Luffy already beat he once, and now he's stronger and faster. And if needed, he can use the gears.
I do think that the SHs are already stronger than most part of NW pirates. I mean, not everyone there are monsters. There'll be Bellamys, guys who have name and are feared by they own actions, but compared to the SHs they are weak.

And like we already saw in the first half of the gand line, Luffy won't fight everyone, there will be allies or guys who are neutral and don't meddle in the SH's matters.

PS: the "fair" is just to say that both of them can hit and do damage, not that croc's power is unfair.

karamm
November 10, 2010, 12:18 AM
Luffy will be almost as strong as he was in the beginning of his adventure when compared to him now entering the new world. I cant say much about the other crew members, or rather, the weak trio

elitefox
November 10, 2010, 01:05 AM

Lol, crocodile isn't weak... it is just he underestimated luffy :darn and he is damn weak, I don't think he can stop mihawk and parry with dofla.

moria became a lazy ass

100 shadows to make him stronger

but luffy is 50x physically stronger than moria and then x100 shadows lol

5000% increase in strength which moria only 100% :oh

100 shadows on luffy vs 1000 shadows moria go to luffy :darn

Nonlife
November 11, 2010, 02:36 PM
So far, BB's crew have portrayed themselves as the BIG BAD FINAL opposition for the Strawhats in the New World. Hopefully, this manga won't end in 5 years or less.

BlackHair
November 11, 2010, 05:55 PM
Luffy is easily shichibukai level. Zoro is almost there but he'll be stronger than any shichibukai onece he beats mihawkSuch thing as Shichibukai lvl doesn't exist!

MaiSiaoSiao
November 11, 2010, 07:11 PM
Such thing as Shichibukai lvl doesn't exist!

Its an example of strength level...As in pirates who can fight on par with some of the shichibukai.

Fox666
November 12, 2010, 05:55 PM
Lol, crocodile isn't weak... it is just he underestimated luffy :darn and he is damn weak, I don't think he can stop mihawk and parry with dofla.

moria became a lazy ass

100 shadows to make him stronger

but luffy is 50x physically stronger than moria and then x100 shadows lol

5000% increase in strength which moria only 100% :oh

100 shadows on luffy vs 1000 shadows moria go to luffy :darnMoria using Shadow Asgard is times stronger than Nightmare Luffy since he broken Thrilliar Bark in half with a punch.

However it seem like that shadows don't increase the resistance of someone, and that's the weak point of that technique.

This is, Luffy using Gear 3 would injure Moria no matter how many shadows he use. In fact, Moria is much slower and larger with these shadows, making him more vulnerable.

Well as far as the shichibukai are concerned lets not forget its been 2years, the govt replaced croc in a matter of days or weeks so im sure the ranks have been filled.Not really.

That was Blackbeard's plan. He discovered that Luffy defeat Crocodile (as he explained in Impel Down), and ended up bringing Ace to the government.

No matter what, until that (it had been some weeks?) the hole wasn't filled yet. And I guess it's not all day that one of the top commanders of Whitebeard is given as a gift for the Marines?

But 2 years is a lot of time. I expect Buggy and at least one Supernova fill these holes...

Desman
November 16, 2010, 07:39 AM
You have to remember that some pirates on NW side might have had luck with encounters and they are weaker than those who have fought more. I agree that SH pirates have advantage against "new supernovas"(caribou,coribou etc.), but I think they still might be equal with Hawkins, Kid, Drake and other old supernovas.

Marines have different power levels if you look East Blue standards of marines are lower than elsewhere, so we may expect that SH's 3 best fighters Luffy, Zoro and Sanji are around Vice-Admiral level and rest of the crew near it. Also VA's who fought in war with WB are most likely more powerfull too so SH crew cant just beat them simply.

SH crew vs Yonkou/Admiral/Blackbeard would be endind SH's defeated, though they could fight for moment against them but in the end they are too weak to defeat them.

Uriel
November 16, 2010, 09:24 PM
There is 3 things to be said here:
1) Levels in One Piece proved to be NOTHING, even honor names are trash because everyone acts different according to the enemy and the situation itself.
2) War is a weird battlefield to determinate force, power and reach because there are confusing limits and unclear scenes where the end of an action is not always shown.
3) Luffy's crew is small, therefore the force of each is enough to "cover" the strength of a larger crew. They're the best of the best, the Pirate King Crew (Or at least i'ts their goal)
I think they're really strong, even for New World standards. They're more than ready to make more fame over the islands and I'm quite sure that even if they're not able to fight a general or a Yonkou, they will increase and grow more soon.

kkck
November 16, 2010, 10:01 PM
Moria using Shadow Asgard is times stronger than Nightmare Luffy since he broken Thrilliar Bark in half with a punch.

However it seem like that shadows don't increase the resistance of someone, and that's the weak point of that technique.

This is, Luffy using Gear 3 would injure Moria no matter how many shadows he use. In fact, Moria is much slower and larger with these shadows, making him more vulnerable.
Not really.

That was Blackbeard's plan. He discovered that Luffy defeat Crocodile (as he explained in Impel Down), and ended up bringing Ace to the government.

No matter what, until that (it had been some weeks?) the hole wasn't filled yet. And I guess it's not all day that one of the top commanders of Whitebeard is given as a gift for the Marines?

But 2 years is a lot of time. I expect Buggy and at least one Supernova fill these holes...

I don't think the problem with shadow asgard was in itself moria's resistance. He had 1000 shadows in him, I would think the issue was that he was basically a balloon ready to explode. His body could not actually physically hold that much power to begin with and above that he went completely nuts, he was something like a raving animal. IMHO if moria with 100 shadows went against luffy with 100 shadows then I would think luffy would be utterly defeated. Had moria actually taken a manageable number of shadows when he used shadow asgard against the strawhats there is not way he would have lost.

Razh
November 17, 2010, 04:47 AM
Those pirates were merely people that got half way through the grand line.

Not all pirates sail through Grand Line to get to New World. Some of them are actually BORN there and have lived there all their lives. Maybe joined pirate crews and didn't have to go through the same crap that Supernova crews have, for example.

MaiSiaoSiao
November 17, 2010, 07:17 AM
But i guessing NW pirates are of a higher level then the pirates outside it.Regardless being born there or sailing through the 1st half of the GL to reach there.

dacookester
November 19, 2010, 03:33 PM
On the whole point of the schikubakai you all seem to be forgetting that the two that the strawhats beat were the ones who didnt train and used there subordinates for years and now that they have moved on to the new world with ambition agaian id say they are much stronger now

MaiSiaoSiao
November 19, 2010, 06:26 PM
On the whole point of the schikubakai you all seem to be forgetting that the two that the strawhats beat were the ones who didnt train and used there subordinates for years and now that they have moved on to the new world with ambition agaian id say they are much stronger now

But im still thinking that the SHs will defeat them and some will become their allies?.Or else we will be watching the SHs vs shicibukai throughout the entire anime except for some outside battles.

matzik1212
December 04, 2010, 01:12 PM
yep the SH's are sure stronger now but i don't think they are at the lvl of some of the NW pirates ...not yet anyway:amuse...let's not forget that what we saw during the war at MF are just some of the crews that are in the NW and that there are definitely a lot more out there that weren't WB allies ....i'm sure the threats are far greater in the NW as well as stronger enemies 'cause it would be kinda boring otherwise IMO :)

chess4
December 04, 2010, 04:44 PM
the strawhats have only 9 members. im sure they could take on some of the 43 crews from the marineford arc but the real animals of the new world no.

now individually im sure they could take handle their own, but the sheer size of other crews would eventually wear them out

Boris999
December 08, 2010, 12:16 AM
I don't know about 'most' but I think we can quite easily make a call on the difference between the Strawhats and the best the New World has to offer as we have already seen most of the 'best' in the world.

1) Whitebeard - Yes, yes, he was older and past his best and all that. Sure. But I still doubt there would be many who could challenge him in a fight.

2) Warden Magellan (sp?) - He seemed to me like a rediculously powerful character. I mean, he took out the entire Blackbeard pirates without blinking and was strong enough to keep all the worst criminals of Impel Down in check.

3) The Admirals - They are as powerful as people in one piece get, give or take. How do I say this? Well, simple logic. If the 3 greatest warriors of the Navy weren't at least strong enough to hold back the best pirates in the new world, then the Navy would be way too easy to defeat and Pirates would rule the world.

So the only question is how close are the Strawhats to that kind of might? Well, pre-timeskip Luffy, who is the strongest, stood no chance against any of them. To be honest, if he was anywhere their level even after the timeskip, it would be boring and would live little progression room. So we have to assume they are not close to that level yet.

----

Well, what's the 'second' level? It's hard to say but I would guess it would be around a "Whitebeard commander" level, As I would expect the 'strongest pirate in the world' to have some of the strongest commanders working under him.

WB's best swordsman was able to go toe to toe with Mihawk. WB's secondut , Marco, obviously had a powerful devilfruit but even without it he was as difficult to beat as any logia user. Diamond Jozu was incredibly strong, despite being easily overpowered by Doflamingo's powers. Then there is of course Ace.

So the question is, could the strawhats take on any of these 'second tier' opponents of the new world? I would personally still say no. At least not the stronger of the second tier. Perhaps the likes of Diamond Jozu who seem to have little except for a devil fruit power and exceptional strength (but can be beaten by a 'specialised' ability. )

Anyone below these two levels of enemies though, I would expect the Strawhats to beat, which I expect to include most of the new world. Not every fight is a boss fight, after all.

--------------

Disclaimer - I just rewatched the entire anime from start to finish, so its the thing that's freshest in my mind and may have muddled up my manga knowledged somewhat.... So apologies if I mentioned anything that happened in the anime but didn't happen in the manga.

wtkace
December 08, 2010, 01:31 AM
1. Kurohige
2. Shanks
3. Sengoku
4. 3 Admiral
5. Kaidou
6. unknown yonkou
7. Dark King
8. Mihawk
9.Doflamingo

Until this point , SH is still weak compare to the power of new world .

MaiSiaoSiao
December 08, 2010, 05:38 AM
1. Kurohige
2. Shanks
3. Sengoku
4. 3 Admiral
5. Kaidou
6. unknown yonkou(s)
7. Dark King
8. Mihawk
9.Doflamingo

Until this point , SH is still weak compare to the power of new world .

Count Shanks and Rayleigh out.Cause they're "allies" off SH.And Whitebeard is dead so only his commanders posses a threat but i dont think they will fight with the SHs though.Sengoku retired after the battle of marineford so another one out i guess?

3000PoemsWritten
December 13, 2010, 04:43 PM
I'm sure that Monster Trio is WTF super uber duper powerful...

Franky & Robin are powerful

Usopp is powerful

Nami is scary

Chopper & Brook are at least 2 to 4 times stronger than before...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we compare Luffy at the war to other New World Pirates... He was on a WTF level and it was noted that he beat VA's, and NW Captains with his Haki Burst... (maybe not captains, but NW pirates none the less...

If his growth can be set on the same scale as Usopp or sadly Sanji's...

Then he WTF pwns anybody decent

He WTH owns anybody good

He beats effectively anybody really good

He has little difficulty on those close to great

He fights evenly with GREAT fighters

He struggles a lot with Efficiently great fighters

He is still at odds with Legends - meaning he can't beat them at all yet...

MaiSiaoSiao
December 13, 2010, 06:46 PM
I'm sure that Monster Trio is WTF super uber duper powerful...

Franky & Robin are powerful

Usopp is powerful

Nami is scary

Chopper & Brook are at least 2 to 4 times stronger than before...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we compare Luffy at the war to other New World Pirates... He was on a WTF level and it was noted that he beat VA's, and NW Captains with his Haki Burst... (maybe not captains, but NW pirates none the less...

If his growth can be set on the same scale as Usopp or sadly Sanji's...

Then he WTF pwns anybody decent

He WTH owns anybody good

He beats effectively anybody really good

He has little difficulty on those close to great

He fights evenly with GREAT fighters

He struggles a lot with Efficiently great fighters

He is still at odds with Legends - meaning he can't beat them at all yet...

Nah he din knock out VA only the lower ranking marines

DaoneLuffy
December 14, 2010, 09:58 AM
I definetly think Luffy is as strong as most of the new world pirates, when he was 17 and haki-less he was on par with most of those guys. He pretty much was fighting for a week until he got to MF if u include SA then AL then ID. The new world pirates were fresh when they got there and he still did a better job than all of them. I think he was on Vice Admiral level there any way, by the time he got to the scaffold he already fought countless marines then fresh VA attacked him with Kizaru and then he got whooped.
Now 2 years have past and he is hella fresh with haki imbued attacks, I'm sorry to say but if he got an Admiral one on one now he would pwn them. After all Rayleigh said he was ready after he trained him, trust me when I say NO one wants to fight that boy one on one right now.

chess4
December 14, 2010, 11:22 AM
the only new world pirates we have seen, have been the WB pirates and his allie in action, and we didnt see most of them do anything. i figure they can take on a some new world pirates, but to so most i thik that is a stretch.

the way i see it is like this, the time skip is like the strawhats reintroduction as if we were starting from the beginning. the strawhats got 2 major upgrades before the timeskip. one during the alabasta arc and one during the water 7 arc.

i ithink it will be the same way after the timeskip. during the fishman island arc, they will show what they have learned after 2 years, then it will be 2 major arc were they get upgrades, then they will duke it out with the BB pirates.