PDA

View Full Version : Predictions All post-time-skip topics of interest

undertoe
November 06, 2010, 10:32 PM
This is intended to be an all-around topic for questions and topics of interest related to the post-time-skip world of One Piece. Obviously many things have changed in those two years, and we have received few answers thus far. So without further ado, here is a list of topics that are up in the air due to the time-skip (this will be amended based on later posts, so check back on this post from time to time):

- The new Fleet Admiral and the new Admiral (if the Fleet Admiral is a former Admiral)
- The three new Shichibukai (replacing Jinbe, Moriah, and Blackbeard)
- The source of Zoro's scar (could be innocuous)
- Franky's new upgrades (and the extent of all the SHs' improvements)
- The status of the Whitebeard Pirates
- The new Yonkou
- The status of the nine Supernovas not in the Straw Hat crew
- The status of islands formerly protected by Whitebeard (such as Fishman Island)
- The general world political climate (what major actions have the Revolutionaries taken? What else has changed? etc.)

Anything else you of which you guys can think? Go wild. I'll amend this list as I see fit and erase items as they are answered.

kkck
November 06, 2010, 11:45 PM
I want to know what is aokiji's deal and whether he became the surpreme admiral. Aokiji had a big part in what lead to the ennies lobbies events, allowed robin to escape water 7 and seem to not be happy of freezing the water under jimbei as the guy was trying to escape with luffy. I want to know where exactly his loyalties lie and what the hell he is thinking in general. Sometimes I kinda get the impression he has his own agenda rather than being completely loyal to the world government(perhaps there is a bit of both).

chess4
November 07, 2010, 11:15 AM
as far as the new fleet admirals goes, i think its akainu. aokiji is like garp and sengoku. we saw the disconnect between sengoku and the gorouse after the war about the level 6 prisoners. for the fleet admiral to make an aggressive move and change marine hq to the new world, could only be one person, AKAINU

im sure buggy is one of the new shichibukai. they said they needed someone with respect. buggy is weak, but he has a lot of respect. the other 2 i have no clue

we will see waht happened to zoro's eye and the strawhats upgrades in due time

im sure marco is leading the WB pirates, and they have a couple of new commanders replacing thatch, ace, and marco.

BB is definitely the new yonkou. i think he has a big crew with the original 9 being the leaders.

all the supernova are in the new world except for bonney. her crew is in jail and she is being held prisoner of the WG for some reason yet to be revealed. maybe law is someone in "paradise" training but waiting for luffy to reappear before he moves, but im sure he is in the new world

the islands that WB protected are no doubt uneasy. we saw foodvalten before the skip and im sure its the same with the other islands. Fishman islands is probably the most uneasy because they go for a lot of money in the slave market.

i think everyhting has changed. the WG has become more aggressive, Dragon is about to become more aggressive. also the new world has to adjust to a new yonkou. SInce the good natured WB has died and i think teach is the new yonkou, pirates are probably terrifief because he is a killer through and through

TheMoa
November 11, 2010, 04:44 AM
I want to know what is aokiji's deal and whether he became the surpreme admiral. Aokiji had a big part in what lead to the ennies lobbies events, allowed robin to escape water 7 and seem to not be happy of freezing the water under jimbei as the guy was trying to escape with luffy. I want to know where exactly his loyalties lie and what the hell he is thinking in general. Sometimes I kinda get the impression he has his own agenda rather than being completely loyal to the world government(perhaps there is a bit of both).

I think he just have his own sense of justice, he's loyal to the WG, but he don't follow the orders blindfold like a puppet.
In Ohara he killed Saul, who was his friend, because Saul had betrayed the marines, but he let Robin escape because she was just a innocent child and he was pissed when Akainu killed all the innocent civilians.

Also, he has a lazy attitude.. lol
I think if he sees some pirates passing by, unless they are causing trouble or he has order to capture them, he'll let them go.
Akainu, who follows the absolute justice, will kill any shadow that seems like a pirate passing by. Everything that the WG orders must be followed at any cost, without questions.
[hr]
About Bonney, i think her crew was obliterated by BB. And yeah, she is being held captive by the WG.
I'm also curious about the other SN, mainly about Law. I think some of the others SN, like Scratchmen Apoo and Urouge, must have been defeated.
We know that Kidd and Drake must be doing fine, because of the bartender coment.

Dark God Zeus
November 11, 2010, 10:55 AM
Who says there have to be seven shichibukai? I mean, yes, it is in the name "seven", but they don't necessarily have to be replaced. But if they are, I think one of them will be a former supernova (not Law or Kidd), maybe Buggy will be one (not for his strength), and then the third could be some new character.

BUT, if someone like Akainu (or Kizaru) is fleet admiral, maybe they will disband the shichibukai? Or at least slowly dismantle it, by not replacing former members.

Same applies to the Yonkou. It's not an official title, it's just a shared epithet and alias with the most powerful pirates in the world. I do think Marco will be in control of the Whitebeard Pirates, with maybe a few new commanders, and the original allies. But I don't think that there has to be a fourth yonkou persay, again, even if it is in the name. And who even knows if Blackbeard has gotten to wherever the Yonkou are.

I think Fishman island will be a mess, and of course, Luffy and friends have to help, alongside Jinbe.

I just want to know HOW Mihawk trained zoro.

kkck
November 11, 2010, 11:26 AM
I don't think a supernova will be made into shichibukai. The world government already said they will take their time in choosing someone of hierarchy. In that sense, a supernova even after two years wouldn't really fit. The potential thing is a good thing to go by but not under the current circumstances. They need someone who is strong now and has a name which will intimidate strong pirates. The supernova as imfamous as they were would not be able to intimidate relevant pirates for the most part and their strength should be approaching the relevant level after the 2 year timeskip which is long enough for the WG to have already replaced the shichibukai. Unless there is an available position right now, I can't imagine one of the supernova being considered.

Now, at least for coherence sake there must be 7 shichibukai. Otherwise they would have to change the name right? As much as the marines should dislike the shichibukai I doubt even the utmost extremist would dismantle the shichibukai upon considering their role and consequences of not being there. The 5 shichibukai fighting for the world government were basically seen as a force of their own during the marineford war and did handle a number of strength opponents. Heck, either moria or flamingo had the sheer firepower to one shot oars jr. As far as intimidating pirates the shichibukai are extremely relevant even in a worst case scenario. Their mere existence is a consideration in whatever move even relevant NW pirates might be considering. Given what we saw, a single yonkou could actually match the military might of the world government. An alliance between two of them (as unlikely as it may be) could spell imminent doom for the WG. The world governmentWith the world being in the chaos it is now due to the gap left by the death of WB and the appearance of BB, the world government is in no position to dismantle the shichibukai. Even as unstable, unreliable and untrustworthy as the shichibukai are, their mere existence is an asset the world government can't do without.

kulugo
November 11, 2010, 11:53 AM
Buggy's probably the new shichi,
i hope to see more new shichibukai's, someone we haven't seen before, pirates from the new world that are not yonkou level but are shichibukai level..