Saul
The 2 giants at enies lobby
Oars
Giant at the auction house
The Giant Squad at Marineford
Oars Jr.
San Juan
John the Giant

Now i wanna know why we have not seen a Giant with any DF capabilities.
Maybe its because the DF are too small and it doesnt affect em i dont know but what is your guys opinion on this

kkck
November 07, 2010, 09:36 PM
I don't think size would be an impediment for a giant to get a DF power. Giants have shown to value physical prowess and combat capacity so perhaps in giant society using a DF has negative connotations. Or perhaps giants don't usually eat them because the fruits are too small for them to spot. Looking for them would be like looking for an ant...

Channy
November 07, 2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah but i want to see like a Giant with a Bear model Zoan DF that would be badass

cno
November 08, 2010, 08:00 PM
I don't know how fair it would be to load up a giant with an actually DF. I would imagine that most DF eaters, besides a select few would struggle fighting a Giant.

undertoe
November 08, 2010, 08:53 PM
You forgot San Juan and John Giant...

Channy
November 08, 2010, 09:10 PM
You forgot San Juan and John Giant...

You're right i did forget BB's Giant but John the Giant was included with the Giant squad at Marineford

undertoe
November 08, 2010, 09:14 PM
You're right i did forget BB's Giant but John the Giant was included with the Giant squad at Marineford

No he wasn't. He was the only giant with the Marines at Marineford who wasn't part of the Giant Squad.

Channy
November 08, 2010, 09:36 PM
No he wasn't. He was the only giant with the Marines at Marineford who wasn't part of the Giant Squad.

Yeah you're right i corrected it

undertoe
November 08, 2010, 10:00 PM
I don't know how fair it would be to load up a giant with an actually DF. I would imagine that most DF eaters, besides a select few would struggle fighting a Giant.

One could also argue how unfair it would be to load up a person with two of the most powerful Devil Fruits in the OP world...

BlackHair
November 09, 2010, 03:50 AM
Im still wishing for a explanation for WB's overhuman size. Im aware that we most likely won't get any, but somehow weird to accept that WB was just a human.

kkck
November 09, 2010, 11:05 PM
^I think you are looking too much into appearances considering this is just a manga lol. WB's humongous size was the least inhuman of his traits considering his ability, strength, and overall power. IMO moria, kuma, WB and other big characters are just big, nothing else.

kulugo
November 10, 2010, 10:15 AM
probably because they can't hold the fruit as it is too small.. =D

i hope new world (or one piece world in general) is big, because giants walking around will make their world small..

Ishido
November 11, 2010, 07:12 PM
Oars and Oars jr. must be a completely different race of giants.

Look at this:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v40/c377/15.html

MaiSiaoSiao
November 11, 2010, 07:18 PM

Look at this:

They are indeed different from the elbaf giants.Oars died long before OP storyline

Deo_df
November 12, 2010, 08:56 AM
It goes like this, you have humans, then large humans (think frankys bros, moria, kuma, whitebeard), they are all about 3 times bigger than normal humans. You then have giants who are about 3 times bigger than large humans or about 10 times bigger than normal humans. You then have oars who is a large giant. Oars is about 3 times the size of a normal giant or 10 times the size of a large human or 30 times the size of a normal human. You then have San Juan who is a giant giant he stands at 3 times the size of oars, 10 times the size of a normal giant, 30 times the size of a large human and 100 times the size of a normal human. As such, I'm pretty sure humans and Large humans are the same race, giants and large giants are the same race, and I believe San Juan, the giant giant is just a freak.

zerocooldx
November 13, 2010, 07:06 PM
Im still wishing for a explanation for WB's overhuman size. Im aware that we most likely won't get any, but somehow weird to accept that WB was just a human.

Size in OP is just something that largely varies and usually carries no significance behind it. Look at Kuma, even before he became experimented on, and Moria, and Joz . And even someone like Magellan, who is most likely definitely considered to be human. They are much larger then "normal" people, yet they are still basically human. Yeah some characters may look very different and be large in size, but for the most part they are still just human. Especially since Oda hasn't ever given any indication that those types of characters aren't human.

tret16
November 14, 2010, 03:21 PM
i think they are simply bigger because Oda want's to over exagerate there strength.

Umbra Wolf
November 15, 2010, 07:28 AM

Look at this:
I believe that there are at least two "tribes" of giants.

On the one hand we have the viking type giants from Elba like in your link and back at the giant island where Mr. 3 was introduced.

Then we have more civilized giants like the Marine squad and Saulo who are much more closer to contemporary humans. That might be either because of a different background to begin with or just because they learnt this style when joining the marine.

All Giants fit into one category we just don't know how they relate to each other.

Oars and his offspring are something different than giants. They are bigger and they don't share the human anatomy (their jawline especially) common among giants.

San Wolf on the other hand is something completely different. i suspect either a new race, a df or something along the lines of heritage from Oars race. He as well does not appear to have a very human face.

Also remember the half-fishman half-giant hybrid (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2416-17/one-piece/chapter-309.html)?
It says a lot of these races' biology if something as an inception is impossible.

kkck
November 16, 2010, 08:55 AM
Maybe san juan wolf is to giants what moria or kuma are to regular people. He is just a giant who grew far beyond the norm. He is definitely not a fruit user....

tret16
November 16, 2010, 09:16 PM
ya deffinitly not a fruit user. he was in the water on that fire island and he didn't seem to have lost his strength

Aikidoka
November 19, 2010, 12:19 PM
It goes like this, you have humans, then large humans (think frankys bros, moria, kuma, whitebeard), they are all about 3 times bigger than normal humans. You then have giants who are about 3 times bigger than large humans or about 10 times bigger than normal humans. You then have oars who is a large giant. Oars is about 3 times the size of a normal giant or 10 times the size of a large human or 30 times the size of a normal human. You then have San Juan who is a giant giant he stands at 3 times the size of oars, 10 times the size of a normal giant, 30 times the size of a large human and 100 times the size of a normal human. As such, I'm pretty sure humans and Large humans are the same race, giants and large giants are the same race, and I believe San Juan, the giant giant is just a freak.
Good explanation, that's how I think of it too. Size in the OP world is looser than in our world. It's just an aesthetic thing I think, similar to how some characters' proportions (BB and Yama from Skypeia come to mind) shouldn't be possible in our world.

But yeah, large humans are just humans, not a different race.

ya deffinitly not a fruit user. he was in the water on that fire island and he didn't seem to have lost his strength
I've read some theories that San Juan could've withstood the seawater due to his size, or that his being weakened didn't matter because he was big enough to stand on the underwater coast anyway.

Either way, I second the topic starter and some other posters, it would be really cool to see a DF-using Giant. IMO the only reason we haven't seen one yet is simply because it would be overpowered...in the Grand Line regular Giants are at least equal to human DF users, so maybe in the NW we'll see DF-using Giants, similar to the jump in strength in humans we've seen (comparable to the jump between WB crew and GL pirates).

Channy
November 19, 2010, 02:54 PM
I was doing some research and i found a DF using Giant and his name is Bruce he appeared in the game One Piece round the Land and his DF was a Paramecia called the mini mini no mi and it gave him the power to change the size of his body so that he could look like a normal human or a Giant. Now i know this has nothing to do with the real OP story line i just wanted you guys to know that yes there has been a Giant with DF powers

Heres the link to his OP wiki page: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bruce