PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Secondary Characters

Roflkopt3r
November 21, 2010, 04:38 AM
I can't believe I couldn't find a thread for this. Secondary characters can be so much cooler than some main characters to be honest :D

My favorite minor characters are:
Hoshigaki Kisame (http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh136/Avenuebboy/KISAME-3.jpg) of Naruto
First of all, he has a pretty striking optical design as the shark similarities are obvious. I didn't even like it at first, but as I liked him as a character I got used to it :P
He's absolutely not dogged, other than so many other characters, but always seems to be in a good mood and a pleasant guy to talk to - when he's not the enemy at least. At the same time he's a brutal and crazy fighter with a strong blood lust.
His flashback about his past enhanced my positive opinion about him further. It's been quite epic in my opinion to see the very reasonable developement how he became the seemingly crazy and weird character he was later and how he noticed his own descent into an isolated life, but clung to the first person he was able to trust.

Hitsugaya Toshiro (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs17/f/2007/172/f/a/Toshiro_Hitsugaya_by_jisue22.jpg) of Bleach
I think most people who read Bleach liked him, it's pretty hard not to do so :D

My absolute favorite is Judeau of Berserk though:
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/321/21558-judeau_1_large.jpg
He seemingly isn't very old, but an extremely reasonable, friendly and bright character. He always knows when it's a good moment to talk to someone and what to say to make others realise their own feelings and their relationships to others. He never got angry over all of the story but always improves the situation with his friendly style. At the same time he precisely knows when he just has to stay out of other people's business or keep others out of such.
About himself he says that he always was blessed with slightly over-average skills in everything, but that he cannot reach a top level in anything, so he wants to stick to someone outstanding.
If there's a character in all of manga I'ld consider to be a model to follow for myself it'ld probably be him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nGv8a_yWqU (his dialogue with Gatsu between 6:30 and 9:30 is quite characteristic for him, especially after they left the tavern: Just a few words, but exactly the right ones, making Gatsu processing his own feelings and point of view)

M3J
November 22, 2010, 11:34 PM
I find both Kurama and Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho, Sanji and Robin from One Piece, and Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Itachi to be among my favorite secondary characters. They just ooze awesomeness and cool. Kurama, Kakashi, Itachi, Robin, and Jiraiya are smart as hell, and all of them listed can be pretty funny.

scav
November 23, 2010, 05:35 PM
my favorite non-main characters are marco and law from one piece.
I love the devil fruit of Marco, so beautiful when he fly. Law look totally badass, he's my favorte supernova.
i also love sech from gunnm last order, he rock ;)

Asarii
November 23, 2010, 10:46 PM
Irie Shoichi (KHR): He's simply amazing and was the first character I grew attached to. He's one of the strongest characters I've ever encountered in any piece of fiction. Not in a kung fu way though. He has unbelievable mental and emotional fortitude.

Shiratori Shun (Bakuman): Lately I've began to harbor an unhealthy enormous love for Shiratori-kun. :P I love how he never gives up his dream even though his mother doesn't approve of what he does.

Higuchi Yuuya (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro): He can become really obsessive, which is quite funny. :XD

<.Haruka.>
November 25, 2010, 08:28 AM
The secondary characters are the ones I prefer most of but not all on the manga series I read. These tops my list:

Pandora Hearts - Gilbert and Break
Arakawa under the Bridge - Sister and Maria
Until Death do us Part - Genda, Sierra, Igawa, Dai Ibuki, Juliett and Daiba
xxxHolic - Doumeki
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles - Kurogane and Mokona
Code:Breaker - Yuuki, Shibuya and Rui
Fullmetal Alchemist - Mei-chan and Riza Hawkeye
Naruto - Kakashi, the sand siblings, Killer Bee & Jiraiya

Simply just love them how they support the protagonists on the story and even comes up as unique characters even some of them shows up on quite few chapters.

Kaiten
November 25, 2010, 04:00 PM
I love Gin from Bleach. Creepy, snake eyed, sinister henchman are always better than the main villain.

Serpico from Berserk is another favorite. I love how he was introduced as casual, almost uncaring about his duties as a soldier, only he turns out to be almost a match for Guts. Another character who rarely opens his eyes.

blai
November 28, 2010, 06:51 PM
Shao from PSYЯEN. Don't really have a superb explanation to why but for the fact that he's awesome. He's arrogant yet humble, he's quiet, poetic, and he can see the "True Nature" of people. He's basically one of the coolest side-characters ever.

I'm also madly in love with Sai and Neji from NARUTO for being incredibly awesome both of them :wtf

After_Image
November 29, 2010, 10:33 PM
Yoruichi from Bleach. She is one of the few that still hasn't disappointed me, especially being a female character in Bleach.

Maria from Arakawa Under the Bridge. When she speaks you know someone is going to feel like they died a little inside. :XD

Roflkopt3r
December 05, 2010, 10:25 AM
Gonna add some:

Thorkell of Vinland Saga. It's one of those totally battle-crazed guys. In his case, he thinks it would be a good idea to get to Valhalla, the legendary viking heaven which can only be reached by honorably dying in battle. If I remember correctly he's already in his 40s or 50s. He even joins the britains to fight against his fellow vikings, because he thought it would be boring to just roll over the inferior british army. Later he shows some seriousness as well.
He's a ridiculously strong fighter and best known from this shot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/hyacynth/TAIGAUPPACUT.jpg

Thors of Vinland Saga. A total badass fighter who became kinda pacifist in his later life. He shows unsurpassable determination and calmness in regards of threats against his life.
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Anime%20Manga/battallioncommanderThors.jpg

Bjorn of Vinland Saga. A character without much importance, yet he's kinda the symbol for the "real viking". He shows fidelity till death.

He later is badly injured and when he feels his death drawing near, he takes his sword for a last time to -badly handycapped - start a duell with his leader to have a "Viking's death" in combat.

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Anime%20Manga/Bjorn.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Anime%20Manga/BjornsBlutrausch-1.jpg

Fi/Fee of Planetes. A militant tobacco addict. Actually I don't really have an idea why, but she's cool. She changes her hairstyle from time to time, but has rather middle/short hair.
Can look quite badass:

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Anime%20Manga/Fi2-1.jpg

p1xel
December 08, 2010, 01:51 PM
Shiratori from Bakuman. Really a nice character.
Gin from Bleach. Epic smile:D
And Nishi from Gantz, if i can call him a secondary character. Mysterious man...

hibar90
December 09, 2010, 01:36 PM
In RK I found almost all secondary characters cooler than Kenshin. Especially Saito Hajime (the guy who use lit up cigarette to shut you up) and Seijuuro Hiko.

Ryuuji from Shonan Junai Gumi.

naruto-niichan
December 12, 2010, 12:39 PM
My favorite minor characters are:
Hoshigaki Kisame (http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh136/Avenuebboy/KISAME-3.jpg) of Naruto
First of all, he has a pretty striking optical design as the shark similarities are obvious. I didn't even like it at first, but as I liked him as a character I got used to it :P
He's absolutely not dogged, other than so many other characters, but always seems to be in a good mood and a pleasant guy to talk to - when he's not the enemy at least. At the same time he's a brutal and crazy fighter with a strong blood lust.
His flashback about his past enhanced my positive opinion about him further. It's been quite epic in my opinion to see the very reasonable developement how he became the seemingly crazy and weird character he was later and how he noticed his own descent into an isolated life, but clung to the first person he was able to trust.

wow a fellow Kisame fan, that's nice to see :) Good description, he's one of my favourity secondary characters as well.

Grimmer (http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/Stern1235/monster-1595240.jpg?t=1292175323) from Monster: One of my favourite characters in Monster. Even though he has gone trough so much and practically hasn't any emotions, he's still a nice and caring person. His final moments are so sad and moving :crying

Ustegius
December 12, 2010, 09:41 PM
Oh Grimmer was great, totally one of my favorites in Monster. Tough past, yet so caring personality. Well, it's my personal interpretation but I always thought he had feelings, but just sub-consiously denied them due the trauma. Perfectly feelingless person wouldn't be so nice.

Urasawa's series have many likeable secondary characters. From 20th Century Boys Yoshitsune (http://www.classicmanga.com/20thcenturyboys/images/chr_yoshitsune_1997.jpg) is among my top. Mousy weak little scaredy cat, who in the end proved to among the most loyal and strong willed companion of Kenji. Kind man with a good heart.

I'm not a big Naruto fan, or atleast not as big as I used to be, but I also like Kisame. I never really understood all the craze about Itachi, Deidara, Sasori and even Hidan. I always thought Kisame was the coolest and most bad-ass.

naruto-niichan
December 14, 2010, 02:44 PM
Oh Grimmer was great, totally one of my favorites in Monster. Tough past, yet so caring personality. Well, it's my personal interpretation but I always thought he had feelings, but just sub-consiously denied them due the trauma. Perfectly feelingless person wouldn't be so nice.

I'm not a big Naruto fan, or atleast not as big as I used to be, but I also like Kisame. I never really understood all the craze about Itachi, Deidara, Sasori and even Hidan. I always thought Kisame was the coolest and most bad-ass.

You're absolutely right! As for your interpretation, I do think you're right again. I thought the same, feelings can't totally vanish and I was happy when he got his emotions back.
Forgot it to say last time but "Thors" from Vinland Saga is definitely great too. His speech about a true warrior don't needing a blade was epic. And btw, congratz for becoming a mod ;)

Dr.Stein from Soul Eater: I like his character because he's always between sanity and insanity. He's one of the few guys who could turn to the other side anytime.

Roflkopt3r
February 08, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hara Keito of Kokou no Hito
It's actually not much known about him... he appears and vanishes quickly and so far hasn't been seen again. He considers himself a free/solo climber who'll always climb alone. I was absolutely certain to see him again soon, but that simply didn't happen, pretty weird.
(Kokou no Hito is pretty realistic about climbing, so it is extremely deadly to attempt difficult routes without safety equipment and a team)

http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/19858/197017/f5122fce80d998add6cc52c26495e207.jpg
http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/19858/197021/6e32552fae821c2e1fe753571df9844f.jpg

Oniishi-Sensei of Kokou no Hito
Buntarou's teacher both at school and in climbing. A very honest, direct and friendly guy.

http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/19858/197003/d77d4c884e9c49dfc3693f06245383c8.jpg

Thrax the Scythian of Historie
Doesn't speak much, but it seems that honor and freedom means everything to him. Remains calm and swift no matter what situation he's in.

http://i11.mangareader.net/historie/14/historie-1004622.jpg

Daedaus of Historie
Someone totally torn between beeing a serious inventor/craftsman and extreme childish joy in his work, made me laugh :D (especially bottom right panel :XD)
http://i4.mangareader.net/historie/49/historie-1005284.jpg

Josef K.
February 08, 2011, 04:14 PM
Nishi form Gantz has always been my favorite secondary character, the way his character is build represents him to be cruel however he just represents a dark side of human behavior I believe Oku wanted to represent that it does not matter how old you are, in Nishi's case a 14 year old boy, some humans are just cruel and strange.

Goto/Godo from Berserk, I mean the guy is just a typical old man that really gets my respect, I like all the things he did for Guts. I just liked his overall part in the story for some reason.

Rolo from Code Geass, many might consider him leading, but all his actions pointed that he was secondary, I loved him overall character as well.
Well he was a rather confused character, but ended up being a good brother to Lelouch even though he was not his biological brother. I liked how he rescued him from the Black Knights.

Mr Satan from Dragonball Z, I mean if you do not like this guy for comedy you have got to love him for all the confusion he makes. at one point I did not like him getting all the fame and fortune but I soon got used to it and learned to like him.

Four Eyes(I don't remember his real name) from Liar game, pure hearted character I think he is one that was just mixed in a wrong game, still he is a real refreshment to the series.

Matsuda from Death Note, I always found clumsy characters to be really good-hearted, he liked to serve for the greater good I think.
In the end his character was really well done with him trying to kill Light.

Takeru from Digimon Adventure, well not much to say, again many will consider him a lead character, and I thought he will be the lead character but I suppose in the first anime he was not such a lead character, but oh well I liked him again for being so honest and pure of heart, which was understandable he was so young.

Kuma from One Piece, hm what can I say my favorite shichibukai and well a really great character, also:
Well I always think he is one of the good guys, if not the best good guy, he made himself into a cyborg for some reason I know it, I sure wish his human personality returns.

Asclepius
February 10, 2011, 09:54 PM
From D.Gray-man: Tyki Mikk, Road, Sheryl and Wisely. Acyually, Tyki is my favorite character from DGM.

From Naruto: Zetsu, Juugo, Mizukage, Gaara, Shikamaru, Neji, Kurenai, Minato, Kushina.

From Bleach: Hitsugaya, Ukitake, Zangetsu, Byakuya, Yoiruchi and Ulquiorra.

M3J
February 10, 2011, 11:59 PM
Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, Hohenheim, and Scar are my favorite from Fullmetal Alchemist.

From Death Note, L is my favorite.

From Kimi ni Todoke, I like Yano, Yoshida, and Ryu. Yano's intelligence and wickedness is pretty awesome, and Yoshida's personality is awesome! Ryu's pretty cool, especially the way he caught the ball before it whacked Sawako.

From GE - Good Ending, I like Utsumi's friend... the one that knows a lot about women, apparently.

I forgot Trafalgar Law! Thanks to Sari (below my post) for reminding me! <3

Bloody Monday - Otoya's pretty awesome and reliable!

Piccolo from Dragon Ball is cool too. Serious, but he can funny at times. Kuririn is epic as well.

Hm, what other mangas have I read/do I read?

Asarii
February 11, 2011, 12:06 AM
Let me add one more to my roster!

Trafalgar Law (ONE PIECE): I want the other Supernovas to reappear; more specifically I want to see Law again. XD He's impolite, nonchalant and the epitome of cool. He has a bear in his crew so that quirkiness draws me in as well. Hopefully more will be known about him in the future. My reasons for liking him is pretty shallow right now. :p

EDIT: You ninja'ed me, Milly!

Roflkopt3r
May 30, 2011, 10:40 AM
Gotta add Chiaki of Tenjo Tenge, Bob's very dedicated girlfriend.
Has a super cute voice in japanese :wtf

eventually Bob is my second favorite character of that series after her, while I don't really like Tenjo Tenge itself :&

Shinsatsu
May 30, 2011, 10:50 AM
I have alot of favorite secondary characters :S I always prefer secondary characters better than the main ones -_-

Izumi from Gantz: Cold, Serious, Strong and doesn't joke around. His introduction was perfect, and the way he returned to the game was scary and well done. H's the best character in Gantz (IMO).
Nishi from Gantz Although he acted like a child during his first appearance (last moments), he proved to be the most "atama ii" character during the whole story.
Schierke from berserk: a very talented young witch. Wise and powerful and sometimes acts like a little child. A special character in a special manga.
Niizuma Eiji from Bakuman: When you see him, you think that he's the arrogant type of geniuses but on the contrary, he's a very nice person and he's always friendly and weird as hell.
Young Gaara from Naruto: Young Gaara was my favorite character in Naruto before he became a nice guy. He used to be a demon in human flesh but lately he became plain and annoying.
Nagato/Pain from Naruto: I don't want to say anything about him. He's my favorite character in the whole manga universe ^^.

There are a lot of good secondary characters that I like. I may post some later :D

stelok
June 02, 2011, 02:06 PM
Favorite Secondary Characters:
Maria Tachibana (Sakura Wars)
Glycine Bleumer (Sakura Wars 3)
Sylvie van Hossen (Princess Lover)
Archer (Fate/Stay Night)
Avril Bradley (GOSICK)

Roflkopt3r
July 26, 2011, 04:14 PM
Blade of the Immortal:
Doa and Isaku (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8586/botiv20covercopyan7.jpg). Cool team :) Gotta like Isaku right away and Doa is an interesting girl.
Taito Magatsu (http://www.animeresimleri.com/data/media/297/blade_2_800.jpg). Reminds me a bit of Kakashi (from Naruto).

Anotsu is a cool guy, too :D

Asarii
July 27, 2011, 12:06 AM
I've grown fond of Howard Link from D. Gray-man. The first impression was that of a loyal servant (?), but I like how he's slowly loosening his stiff mannerisms. He's letting his true feelings show rather than the front he puts in front of Lvellie.

Most importantly he bakes sweets!! :D

M3J
July 27, 2011, 12:37 AM
I like Hatake Kakashi from Naruto and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. Zoro, Robin, Nami, and Sanji are my favorite from One Piece.

Can't forget about Izumi from Good Ending, he's smart and insightful. Ryu from Kimi ni Todoke is cool as well, and an awesomely laid back guy. A great complement to Chiwa's personality. :3

Asarii
July 27, 2011, 11:54 PM
IMO I see all the Straw Hat members as being a main character in their own right even though Luffy is the official protagonist. It just goes to show how much depth each one of them has.

Can't forget about Izumi from Good Ending, he's smart and insightful. Ryu from Kimi ni Todoke is cool as well, and an awesomely laid back guy. A great complement to Chiwa's personality. :3
Izumi is my favourite in the series, and I like Ryu too. They're both the calm and observant types.

Bromamura
July 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
Indeed there are very few main characters that I actually care about, as opposed to the multitude of secondary characters that are on my faves list, I personally find them to be more open to interpretations.

Saito Hajime from RK is definitely up there. I enjoy the fact that he's a relic from the past who's clung on to his old ideologies; yet at the same time a perfect survivalist who's able to adapt his life in order to carry out such believes. Once no longer a shinsengumi the man immediately became an elite amongst the police. Whether his desire to duel Kenshin was simply out of blood-lust, or his sentimental side wishing to return to that bygone era (if only momentarily), is anyone's guess; but it's certainly made this character all the more interesting.

M3J
July 28, 2011, 08:47 PM
Oh, I can't forget Furuichi from Beelzebub. The man is too damn funny not to be included. xD He and Alain Delon make an amazing comedy pair, amirite goodsy and anyone else? :XD

Hilda and Aoi are my favorites too because they're hot, and they kick ass. :hurr

jorped
August 01, 2011, 06:07 PM
Ace from One Piece was definitely one of my favourite "secondary" characters but sadly ..... :crying

naruto-niichan
August 02, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hiramaru Kazuya from Bakuman: He's just damn hilarious and he always makes me laugh :lmao

Nosferatu Zodd from Berserk: Always liked his pugnacious character and his monster form is just epic :zomg

Asarii
August 03, 2011, 01:18 AM
Hiramaru Kazuya from Bakuman: He's just damn hilarious and he always makes me laugh :lmao
I like how most of the characters were shown in a serious light at some point in the manga, but Hiramaru is always seen as a comic relief no matter which situation he's in. XD

Bromamura
August 29, 2011, 03:41 AM
Simon from Durarara, dark skinned Russian ex spec op/sushi chef. Although quite a peripheral character he's grown on me, partly due to the voice acting.

naruto-niichan
July 21, 2012, 04:31 PM
I really like Shuu (http://myanimelist.net/character/63489/Shuu_Maiko) from Nisekoi. He's not getting that much screentime but whenever he pops up I'm laughing hard :XD

Another one is Sinbad (http://myanimelist.net/character/42528/Sinbad) from Magi. I like his mix of a carefree behaviour and a pretty hard thinking guy. Characters which are in a "grey" area instead of the usual white or bacl make me really curious anyway.

FaustXIII
October 06, 2012, 11:35 AM
Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter)
Toujo Hidetora (Beelzebub)
Dr. Forcas/Forukasu (Beelzebub)
Dr. Knox (Full Metal Alchemist)
Greed (Full Metal Alchemist)
Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)
Trafalgar "Surgeon of Death" Law (One Piece)
Time Skip Version of Usopp (One Piece)
Nico Robin (One Piece)
Eiji Nizuma (Bakuman)
Shinta Fukuda (Bakuman)
Shinra Kishitani (Durarara)
Celty Sturlurson (Durarara)
Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara)
Shura Kirigakure (Ao no Exorcist)
Yakumo Tsukamoto (School Rumble)

Obviously majority of my favorite characters are doctors.

Doraku
October 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
I think I have a soft spot for Shuufrom Nisekoi,Katsura from Gintama, and Kanzaki from Beelzebub. They are secondary characters, but can be really apparent and cool sometimes. Obviously I want them to get more screentime, but if they get more screen time, they are not secondary characters anymore :p.

Doraku
November 11, 2012, 09:11 AM
Now I'm really into Ja'Far and Yamu from Magi :hip. They are my favorites among Sinbad's eight generals since Ja'far seems more wise than he looks like, and Yamu is just awesome and cute :blush. I hope there would be an arc where their pasts are explained :nod

Googlez_kun
November 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
I can't believe Hisoka from HunterxHunter wasn't mentioned yet!

Some of my favourite characters ever are Kraft from Level E and Katsura from Gintama. Both had me pissing my pants.

Crude
November 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
^ I wouldn't call Hisoka a secondary character Googlez. If anything he's the fifth main character in the series, he shows up more frequently than Kurapika and Leorio!

Teeba
November 15, 2012, 01:18 PM
Now I'm really into Ja'Far and Yamu from Magi :hip. They are my favorites among Sinbad's eight generals since Ja'far seems more wise than he looks like, and Yamu is just awesome and cute :blush. I hope there would be an arc where their pasts are explained :nod

Interesting choices. (http://tegaki.pipa.jp/525880/19473449.html)According to Ohtaka (http://wish-full.tumblr.com/post/18184508366/tegaki-blog-scanlation-7), Yamuraiha and Jafar are the most hardworking and loyal to their jobs out of everyone in Sindria. :lmao

Definitely my favorite secondary characters from Magi are Jafar, Yamuraiha, and Gyokuen. Gyokuen especially because I really love heartless female villains, moreso than male ones.

From Beelzebub, I love Yolda and Ikaruga Suiten. Both are really well characterized and have believable hang-ups.

From Rinne, its definitely Ageha. :lmao Every time she appears I know I'm going to be laughing hard.

Fairy Tail has too many interesting secondary characters for me to decide, but for the moment its Mirajane. I love her backstory and the character development she went through, and I can completely relate to her desire to become a better person after her sister died. She's a really good example of a "big sister" character.

destiny4ever
March 10, 2013, 10:21 PM
As of right now, my favorite secondary character is Nanami from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

Mashiro, the female lead of the series, is a nice girl and I do like her; but my favorite Sakurasou girl is Nanami. Nanami is such an amazing girl, she is kind, she is smart, she is a great friend, she is sweet, she is strong, she is caring, she is interesting, she is passionate about her dream; in short, she is awesome.

Don’t get me wrong Mashiro is a great girl too; in fact, she was my fav at the very beginning of the series but as the series progressed and I learned more and more about Nanami she rapidly became my favorite character in the series.

R3D
March 14, 2013, 06:33 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI9QzETrFCYFeTd3-e2-L1Yy8No5MRKkadO3nQUgnIagXeSTgo
Death the kid from soul eater

https://content2.animepaper.co/thumbnails/preview/126813/1/animepaper.net_wallpaper_standard_anime_air_gear_kazu_sama_126813_kei_senpai_preview-9c7563b5.jpg

Kazu from air gear

perona101
March 15, 2013, 08:45 AM
Most of the manga and anime that I read, has pretty much lame and stereotype lead characters except some.

Hinagiku-sama and A~chan from Hayate the Combat Butler
Both charas exceed the popularity of the main character by miles. But the reason I start reading Hayate the combat butler is still Hayate, though...... it is just these two seem to outshine Hayate as story unfold.

Perona and Hina (OP)
Haha..... if only Perona would join Luffy, it would be awesomer.....
As for why is it Hina? I don't know..... maybe i just like the name "Hina" and "black"..... hmmmm.......

Aoi Kunieda (Beelzebub)
Don't she remind you of Hinagiku-sama?

Benkei (Air Gear)
She is overly revealing..... but i still like her and I feel sad that she lost a leg........

Ara? I can't seem to remember any secondary characters that i love from the whole bunch of shoujos manga that i read. Hmmmmmm.................

thatguy3331
March 16, 2013, 12:02 AM
Zoro-Chopper-Brook(One Piece)

Aoi-Himekawa-Tojo(Beelzebub)

Killua-Leorio(Hunter x Hunter)

Kuwabara-Hiei(Yu Yu Hakuso)

Yakumo(School Rumble)

Dororo-Alisa(Keroro Gunso)

Misaka Mikoto(To aru majutsu no Index)*Yeah I don't care much for railgun Ironically. sue me*

Kido-Ted(Konjiki no Gash Bell)

Ling Yao(FullMetal Alchemist)

jakensama
March 18, 2013, 03:20 PM
I define secondary characters as ones that aren't in the manga/anime always or almost always. Certainly primary protagonists, antoganists, love interests are ruled out. Characters that have some significance, maybe are a major player in a certain arc before falling to obscurity or a bit player throughout the entire work. With that in mind.

Mariko (Elfen Lied) - A classic example of how upbringing can influence a characters' psyche. Sadistic, some would say evil, yet incredibly vulnerable. Her story is heartbreaking, and gives rise to conflicting emotions from what she has been through to how cruel she can be.

Hiko Siejuro (Rurouni Kenshin) - The teacher of Himura Kenshin, and easily the most powerful character in the story. However maybe for that reason, he appears only rarely. A hermit who likes sake, is disgusted by human society, and lives by his own rules.

Sinkorhyo (Hoshin Engi) - He has one of the most unique visual designs (along with the spirit beast he rides) I've ever seen. Sort of a jester/clown influence. He can cause tons of powerful lightning to reign down, which is pretty cool. He is a loner who likes to watch, and helps whoever to make events more interesting rather than for any moral purpose.

Corkus (Berserk) - This is the type of guy you rarely find in manga/anime but is quite common in real life. He has a good heart but is jealous, whines and complains a lot, but talks big. His interactions with Guts, and Rickert are very entertaining.

Asclepius
March 18, 2013, 10:19 PM
I usually don't get attached to the protagonist, so i love secondary characters.

Bleach - My fav characters are all secondary. :XD
- Hitsugaya
- Ukitake
- Byakuya
- Ulquiorra

D.Gray-man
-Tyki Mikk
- Road
- Sheril
- Lavi
- Wisely

Prince of Tennis
- Kikumaru
- Oishi
- Fuji
- Akaya

Kuroko no Basket
- Kise
- Midorima

Naruto
- Neji
- Shilamaru
- Kakashi

jakensama
March 19, 2013, 03:12 PM
A few more favorite secondaries...

Fuko (Clannad) - Starfish! Need I say more?

Ylfa (Vinland Saga) - Let's see, she can do about anything and does. She is headstrong, tough, and doesn't fit any anime female stereotype. When guys confess their love to her what does she do? Yell Baka! and smash them? No. Blush a lot, and reply with a I love u to, or I'm sorry but I love so and so? No. She simply rolls her eyes and wonders can't you bother someone else?

Tsujikaze Kohei (Vagabond) - One of his fights, is the best in the manga and IMO the greatest fight in any anime/manga (I've read). That should be enough, but he also is a fascinating character psychologically.

zzigg
March 21, 2013, 09:47 PM
kite -hunter x hunter:super
minato- naruto
kyoraku-bleach
kizaru-one piece

perspherspley
January 24, 2014, 07:50 AM
Elder Kwon of The Breaker Series
Frankenstein of Noblesse
Kyoukai of Kingdom

SharkBait
January 29, 2014, 08:11 AM
For a few series Im following so far,
Kurosaki in Yamada and the Seven Witches, he may have just joined but hes absolutely hilarious and gives good moments with Yamada.
Tsuki, Yamaguchi, Oikawa, Kuroo, Kenma, Iwaizumi, in Haikyuu as they all feel really well developed, lovable, interesting, and really realistic in their own ways there.