PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Do You Think Zoro Is Only Limited To 3 Swords

RezzieThaRapper
November 21, 2010, 11:44 AM
I didn't wanna jump in the chapter discussion with an off topic discussion going on... so I made this thread considering a topic that was being discussed...

Now this is a pretty simple discussion topic...

People seem to be under the impression that Zoro can't just have another nice sword without losing one he already possesses and yet a lot of people expect him to gain a new blade...

(Note: I'm only listing the type of swords people want or expect or predict Zoro to gain, by the end of the story... I only list what others have said, none of these are my own )

Types of Swords People Want Zoro to Have

-Seastone Sword
-Fire Sword
-One of the 12 strongest
-A devils fruit blade
-Another 21 edge blade

------------------------------

My personal opinion is that Zoro will gain a new blade... but he will not lose any... and that he can have two or more interchangeable blades based on how he feels for that fight,,

Samui
November 21, 2010, 12:16 PM
Devil Fruit sword? It doesn't suit him. And why would he use a Kairoseki sword? I don't think it will have much quality, since it's made out of stone. The only opponent he could use a Kairosek stone against so far is Daz Bones, but he overcame him without it. He doesn't need a Kairoseki sword.

Anyway, he won't lose Ichimonji, and I don't see him losing Shisui either, since now it even has a memento from Mihawk (the cross), so Sandai Kitetsu is the only one I see being replaced. It's the least good sword among the three Kitetsu sword, so either he first gets Nidai Kitetsu and only then gets Shodai Kitetsu, or he simply skips to Shodai Kitetsu.

Razh
November 21, 2010, 12:36 PM
I really doubt a katana can be made with sea stone. The design and production method are much too complicated in comparison with round bullets and layered ship hulls.

Anyway, I don't see why he couldn't find more swords but it doesn't sound like something Zoro would do. A swordsman puts his soul into his swords and that can't be done if he changes them how he feels like.

Also, no supernatural swords please. Zoro doesn't need that shit.

$nipe
November 21, 2010, 05:01 PM
I really doubt a katana can be made with sea stone. The design and production method are much too complicated in comparison with round bullets and layered ship hulls.

Anyway, I don't see why he couldn't find more swords but it doesn't sound like something Zoro would do. A swordsman puts his soul into his swords and that can't be done if he changes them how he feels like.

Also, no supernatural swords please. Zoro doesn't need that shit.

Well, Smoker's weapon was made of sea stone, and it was pretty useful. However, a blade is another story...

Razh
November 21, 2010, 05:37 PM
Well, Smoker's weapon was made of sea stone, and it was pretty useful. However, a blade is another story...

It only had sea stone on it's tip, it wasn't entirely made of it.

scav
November 22, 2010, 01:00 AM
smoker using a weapon made of sea stone cause he can't use haki and hancock broke it with ease. Zorro won't have something like that. But he said he would like to have a fire sword and one guy of WB crew have it.So i guess zorro having a fire sword its possible and it will be awesome. A DF blade, hell no.Or maybe a sword with mera mera DF=new kind of fire sword

MaiSiaoSiao
November 22, 2010, 03:53 AM
smoker using a weapon made of sea stone cause he can't use haki and hancock broke it with ease. Zorro won't have something like that. But he said he would like to have a fire sword and one guy of WB crew have it.So i guess zorro having a fire sword its possible and it will be awesome. A DF blade, hell no.Or maybe a sword with mera mera DF=new kind of fire sword

How bout Ace's soul in Zoro new katana?XD

Razh
November 22, 2010, 04:55 AM

It was only for the pun, really. He can already cut Pacifista in half with his swords. What possible use would he have of a sword that burns?

And that Whitebeard pirate burning sword was probably dipped into some kind of oil. I doubt it has some magical power.

kkck
November 22, 2010, 12:07 PM
I don't see the point of zoro gaining a sword if he did not lose one before. It would be an awkward plot development IMO. A DF sword does not suit zoro in the least. It's abilities would come in contrast with zoro's idea of being the best swordsmen. He could have one but whenever he does fight a swordsman he would not use it. I think it would make sense in the long run if his nidai kitetsu is destroyed though. The sword is cursed and the death of the previous owners has been attributed to said curse. If the sword is destroyed in combat then it means zoro's sheer strength was stronger than the curse and he was the one to break it. I don't think zoro would get one of the 12 swords though, he should get one of the 21 best swords. Having one of the 12 swords would grossly overshadow kuina's sword IMO which would be bad for the plot given zoro's connection to her sword. I always thought she would end up with tashigi's sword somehow given her similarity to kuina (tashigi has one of the 21 best swords).

Spaceman-Spiff
November 22, 2010, 12:41 PM
I think he'll get Kitetsu the 2nd, then Kitetsu the 1st someday.

k-dom
November 22, 2010, 01:02 PM
Zoro swords are not like Usopp gadget, they are part of him and he fight with 3 so I'm pretty confident he will not have more than 3.
Maybe one will be destroyed but I find the 3 he has at the moment are pretty nice. It's like someone dies each time he lose one.

scav
November 22, 2010, 03:35 PM
well i think u guys are right,zorro don't need a fire sword. I think also the power of a sword and the ranking are related to the owner. I mean a sword have a soul, can be cursed and choose his own master, that's mean the power of a sword can grow up with the owner. I doubt when Mihawk started as a rookie, his black sword was already in the 12 strongest. I think if Zorro become the strongest swordman, his swords(ichimonji, shishui,sandai kiketsu ) will be in the strongest sword.

Bobbina
November 22, 2010, 07:15 PM
"smoker using a weapon made of sea stone cause he can't use haki and hancock broke it with ease. Zorro won't have something like that. But he said he would like to have a fire sword and one guy of WB crew have it.So i guess zorro having a fire sword its possible and it will be awesome. A DF blade, hell no.Or maybe a sword with mera mera DF=new kind of fire sword
__________________"
Well, because it was on the tip meant that Hancock broke the part that wasn't the tip. I don't think Hancock just kicked the tip and it cracked. I don't like Seastone swords either, but I don't think it's because it's too complicated to make. I mean, they made seastone chains and seastone nets. To shape a net out of rock, I think that's harder than a sword, just saying. And, DF blade, nah, that's going to ruin his style. And he's going to need 3 df swords. That's crazy. I can't see him leaning to one sword more than others. Fire blade is also a bit too crazy. That also ruins his style and is a bit cliche. Zoro Could get more blades and store them somewhere, but for plot reasons, it's probably not going to happen. I would like something special though.

Razh
November 23, 2010, 06:44 AM
I don't like Seastone swords either, but I don't think it's because it's too complicated to make. I mean, they made seastone chains and seastone nets. To shape a net out of rock, I think that's harder than a sword, just saying.

Well, just to correct, there are no sea stone chains nor there are nets made completely of sea stone. There are sea stone cuffs and the nets are partly made of sea stone. Just like those cell bars. The junctions have a small circular sea stone and the rest is probably a steel cable or something.

So yeah, so far only the simplest of objects, like spheres and thin layers.

If Oda want's to create any illusion of reality in how katanas are made, then they can't be made by sea stone, because the metal is bent multiple times in order to have multiple layers and no rock can be bent.

kkck
November 23, 2010, 09:11 AM
^I was under the impression that the sea stone nets and cuffs we saw before were completely made of sea stone lol. Where does it say they weren't? Besides, I would think zoro would have been able to break or cut the sea stone cuffs he had before had they been made mostly of regular metal.

I don't think oda cares all that much about how katana's are made though. I would think a sea stone katana would have to simply look like a katana, that is it.

zerocooldx
November 24, 2010, 12:09 AM
There comes a certain point where different types of swords don't really matter. It's all about the skill of the swordsman at that point. And i think Zoro has finally reached that level. He just needs a fairly sturdy and relatively sharp sword and he will be just fine.