PDA

View Full Version : Will One Piece end soon??

gao_dargon
December 08, 2006, 01:14 AM
i dont know about you, but to me things are rushing more and more, i think oda sensei is trying to finish it off quickly (hope im wrong)

venicia777
December 08, 2006, 01:50 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaat :o

dont be afraid.

The crew is halfway through the grandline. and as stated, unless Luffy conquers this half - THE NEW WORLD-- he can not call himself Pirate King.

and you know what that means? There are 4 emperors including the strongest man in that half of the grandline. Jimbei- one of the shichibukai is his frist stop. there are probably more shichibukai in that half. Dont you think he will he have to fight some of them? at the moment he is fought only one shichibukai.

Well, there are soo many that i have never entertained the thought that one piece is even near done. Oda waited until after 400 chapters before even revealing info about Luffy's relatives. That aint fast at all.

neild
December 08, 2006, 06:16 AM
why would he stop? he has become rich from doing this stuff.why stop seriously

gao_dargon
December 08, 2006, 07:43 AM
why would he stop? he has become rich from doing this stuff.why stop seriously

well i dont know a reason to stop, but toriyama sensei stoped dragon ball dint he?? and he was soooo freaking rich and making more and more money and the end of DBZ was very abrupt to me, and oda sensei is imitating DB in a lot of way cuz is his inspiraton, i dont know i just have a bad fealling about this massive amout of information being trown out there so fast at the same time, but then agian im only especulating and i hope im very VERY wrong (byt the way sorry for my crappy spelling but im just not good at it not even in my own lenguage)

Julmari
December 08, 2006, 09:48 AM
Oda wiill not stop for 2 years or some think i! :D
One Piece will go past DB i think in the selling record

neild
December 08, 2006, 09:14 PM
well i dont know a reason to stop, but toriyama sensei stoped dragon ball dint he??

which one?dragon ball still exist till now.ever heard of dragon ball GT...it ruins the awesomeness of the original dragon ball.

kadodo
December 08, 2006, 09:30 PM
I don't think One Piece will end just yet, they have to go to merman island, find musician hopefully fight Blackbeard, and hopefully they will meet the 4 emperors which I think he ahs to fight at least three if not all of them. We know based on Oda's style for each of those I just said it will be about 25- 30 chapters. So I think that One Piece could still go for even 3-4 years.

venicia777
December 08, 2006, 11:35 PM
I don't think One Piece will end just yet, they have to go to merman island, find musician hopefully fight Blackbeard, and hopefully they will meet the 4 emperors which I think he ahs to fight at least three if not all of them. We know based on Oda's style for each of those I just said it will be about 25- 30 chapters. So I think that One Piece could still go for even 3-4 years.

yeah!!! but 3-4 years--- i was hoping for wice that :p

kadodo
December 08, 2006, 11:41 PM
I say 3-4 years but i really hope for longer too. if it goes for four years about 200 more chapters will out which means about 640 chapters. BTW, is One Piece the longest manga ever?

Freakzin
December 09, 2006, 12:38 AM
i want more 10 years of one piece

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 12:43 AM
you'll be 27 by then. Will you still read it?

jeffhmwong
December 09, 2006, 03:16 AM
Hope OP will not make an abrupt end just like slamdunk.

Slamdunk has very good plot, but i think the ending suck really big time. They rushed into it too fast

Raseru
December 09, 2006, 03:22 AM
i want more 10 years of one piece

Don't we all ... I remember reading somewhere that Oda-sensei didn't mean for One Piece to go for this long, he had planned an ending for it a while ago. But due to its popularity, he kept it going to please all its fans.

Hope OP will not make an abrupt end just like slamdunk.

Slamdunk has very good plot, but i think the ending suck really big time. They rushed into it too fast

Yeah, that would be bad ...

Julmari
December 09, 2006, 05:14 AM
I think it will continue for 3-6 years coz we need to know what will Luffy do when he is a pirate king

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 09, 2006, 10:34 AM
Don't think that it will end before Luffy is the pirate king.

And there are so many questions, as mentioned by some guys above, which haven't answered yet ...

So I think there will be 3-5 years OP at least.

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 12:06 PM
Well I want to see Luffy as the Pirate King and I definitely want to see more romance.

Pevee
December 09, 2006, 06:21 PM
it's kinda hard for me to phantom that. but let's hope so

there's no way Oda will end this thing in the near future. It took him 400+ chapters to get all the crew members together, and the plot is just starting to get serious. I'm sure I'll be done with college and I'll still read this manga (currently a high school sophomore).

Is One Piece currently the longest running manga? Does it outrun Berserk?

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 06:23 PM
Well I asked that same question too. Is One Piece the longest running manga? If anybody knows please reply.

vorlon83
December 09, 2006, 07:08 PM
I don´t think so .....

Hajime no Ippo ( greatest Sports Manga ever ) is scanlated up to chapter 755. I think about 78 Volumes

latest Manga Cover: http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ippov763ni.jpg

To One Piece....

I peronally hope that it will never end. But it will. *T_T*
hopefully not for the next couple of Years.

Sorry for my bad english .... its because i´m a stupid german

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 07:12 PM
Well I think you lnow enough English. But Thanks for the update.

Freakzin
December 09, 2006, 07:57 PM
i know this is totally off topic but please vorlon83
can u tell in which chapter the anime stopped, it's one of my favorite animes, and i didn't know the manga was so big
and do u know where can i get it??? i miss hajime no ippo so much = (
i would to see some of it ^^ i'm all excited
:wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf I'm waitin sorry again for the off topic

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 12:45 AM
You should go there Freakzin
http://www.mangatraders.com/files/manga/hajime_no_ippo/page1

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 02:58 AM
Well, seems like One Piece just has to outrun Hajime no Ippo then.

vorlon83
December 10, 2006, 07:17 AM
@freakzin

Well the Anime ended at Volume 30 of the Manga T_T. Me personaly hope that the Anime get a 2nd chance and will cath up with the Manga *dreaming*

To get all the Scanlated Manga you should go to... (press I ACCEPT and you are in your dreamland)
http://manga.ignition-one.com/downloads/get/2/

you will get everything there.

I hope that I could help you...

Galth
December 10, 2006, 08:51 AM
One Piece will go past DB i think in the selling record

It already did that over a year ago... OP is japan's best selling manga up to date... >.>[br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 04:49:08 PM_________________________________________________

Well I asked that same question too. Is One Piece the longest running manga? If anybody knows please reply.

Longest running is Kochi Kame *i wont go writing out the full name here*, try wiki'ing it up, they had a 30-year celebration this year ;)

EDIT: I lied -> Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo, running since 1976, more than 150 volumes.

But erm, it's perhaps back if we get back on topic >.>

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
150 volumes?!

Damn!!!!

If OP will last that long I would be an old man til it ends ...

But we have to see it realistic. I don't think that Oda will draw more than another 400 chapters.

The longest time it would last is about ten years I guess
(hope my calculations fit ... if not I'll take the 10 years instead of the 400 chapters :p)

Julmari
December 12, 2006, 09:59 AM
3 to 5 years

Efreet
December 19, 2006, 06:36 AM
if i'm not wrong One piece has been running for a decade already?

xr3b0rn5inx
February 01, 2007, 11:41 PM
I dont think it will end soon,the author is so creative he can come out with so many storylines why would he wanna stop when he's makin lots and LOTS of $_$ out of it.

thegreatest08
February 01, 2007, 11:52 PM
one piece is nowhere near the end. i dont think it will end for another 2-6yrs mabey. Luffy hasn't met with shanks yet and it will take another 15manga's or so to finish the place there in now.

venicia777
February 02, 2007, 06:08 AM
EDIT: I lied -> Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo, running since 1976, more than 150 volumes.

waaaaaaaaa!!! wow-- Now that is the kind of time limit i wish One Piece will have. The thing is will Oda stay that long on One Piece.

And if i remember correctly One Piece has the 4th highest sales record all time for a manga in japan. And it doesnt even ihave half of the chapters of the top seeling yet (i may be wrong on the numbers- hope to find the source soon)

i just hope One Piece runs for the next 15 years.

OP_overlord
February 02, 2007, 05:31 PM
that would be great but i heard only 800 ish chapters

gao_dargon
February 06, 2007, 12:08 AM
theres only going to be 800 or so chaps of OP????? :s

ax999
February 06, 2007, 12:41 PM
It already did that over a year ago... OP is japan's best selling manga up to date... >.>[br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 04:49:08 PM_________________________________________________
Longest running is Kochi Kame *i wont go writing out the full name here*, try wiki'ing it up, they had a 30-year celebration this year ;)

EDIT: I lied -> Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari K?en Mae Hashutsujo, running since 1976, more than 150 volumes.

But erm, it's perhaps back if we get back on topic >.>

you lied again, the longest running manga is Golgo 13, since 1968.

I dont think One Piece will end anytime soon, at least not in the next couple of years. i kinda dont want it last too long since ive seen what happened to Dragonball and similar media that just extend a storyline past its original end.

OP_overlord
February 06, 2007, 09:22 PM
yeah i never go for the pst ending stuff i still havent read DBZ GT but i want oda to keep going for a little and it should end with them going to raftle (getting off the boat onto the sand) or looking at OP i want him to wrap everthing up like if they saty together after all the dreams are relized or will they go home respectivily and what will become of the pirate age... and amny more questions

DeepEyes
February 19, 2007, 09:37 AM
OMG! I hope 10 more years of One Piece, Naruto and Bleach!!! T_T

In ten years I will have 34 and I don't care, I will read it!!!!

Grandsons... I will tell you the story of a brave pirate named Luffy..... XDDDDDDD

moonpsyecho00
February 19, 2007, 10:30 PM
geez.. >800 chapters forward?
man, guess I'll be already married and have a child when this comic is about to be meet the end, and hopefully my son would love it too ^_^

well, I'm just hoping it shall end for about 6years forward, too short this awesome comic livin in..

venicia777
February 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
what about your daughter?

6 years-- damn, you trying to kill us :p

tqm_z
February 20, 2007, 01:30 PM
on the next 10 years I may can ask my son to check MH for OP weekly scanlation... maybe have the whole family watching anime too ;P

gao_dargon
February 21, 2007, 02:38 PM
uuu an anime and manga watching family hahah that would be awsome (ok a lil off topic) but now that i think about it i hope op will last to much but i just hope the dbgt thing dont hapend to OP, well to the manga it can but i hope they dont mess with the anime or they shall feel my wrath

neild
June 16, 2007, 02:12 AM
from the development of the manga so far, i can see this manga exist for at least 10 years..thats right..10 next awesome years.i dont know how long have they existed till now (can anyone tell me pls?).thx

aimaimaim
June 18, 2007, 08:00 AM
it may end tomorrow.. what if Oda will have an accident?? hope this wont happen.. but i can only say that we may never know when will the story stop.. i hope i can still read this when i will have white hair...

also.. every main event in OP takes more than 6 mons??? or im just exaggerating it.. but yeah.. i think CP9 was 6 mons..

neild
June 18, 2007, 07:22 PM
what if Oda will have an accident??
knock on wood...lets pray together so this doesnt happen to him,to all of us

No more OffTopic, please.

SympathyX
June 19, 2007, 01:19 PM
it may end tomorrow.. what if Oda will have an accident?? hope this wont happen.. but i can only say that we may never know when will the story stop.. i hope i can still read this when i will have white hair...

also.. every main event in OP takes more than 6 mons??? or im just exaggerating it.. but yeah.. i think CP9 was 6 mons..
The Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs take place over just 3/4 days.

Or if your talking about how long it too in manga releases, it took about 3 years.

Realistically, the story isnt even half way yet so I cant honestly see it ending for atleast 6 years.

neild
June 19, 2007, 06:31 PM
i think the story has reached half way.oda hinted it by saying the new world adventure and creating new boat for the crew.maybe...i dont know

Paz42
June 21, 2007, 05:39 PM
ye i agree that its about halfway point now new boat new area of the world we have at least 400+ more chapters to come yet nay we must have another 400+ chaptera

neild
June 22, 2007, 09:02 AM
wow, 400 chapters?so that is like..what..10 more years?5 more years?

I'm sure you could have written a more meaningful post.

Impel Down
June 22, 2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, there are definitly more than 400 OP chapters. And, don't totally quote me on this or ask for my source, but I think I heard somewhere that OP is ending in 2009, so two more years.

Imitorar
June 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, there are definitly more than 400 OP chapters. And, don't totally quote me on this or ask for my source, but I think I heard somewhere that OP is ending in 2009, so two more years.

That can't be! Firstly, I don't think that Oda-sensei can cover the amount of story he seems to have left himself in 2-3 years. Secondly, Oda-sensei said he basically had no idea how long it was going to take back in an SBS from a year or two ago. Where did you hear this rumor? My brother heard rumors that Kakashi becomes the 6th Hokage in Naruto, yet as far as I know, Kishimoto-sensei has never said anything like that. Someone could just be making up stuff to mess with fans. I'm reminded of Dragon Ball AF... Though Oda-sensei said when he wrote the introduction to Kochikame (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kochikame) volume 121, and he said that he would not make his manga as long as Kochikame. So we know that it'll be less then 121 volumes (because that's about how long Kochikame was at the time he made the comment.) So, I'm hoping for at least 100 volumes. I think 70-80 is a given, there's just so much story left. When Oda-sensei decides there's nowhere left for the story to go but Raftel (and he's known how it would end for a while, he said so in the SBS I mentioned earlier, sorry I don't know offhand which volume it was), then One Piece will end, but I doubt that that will come for a while, there is just so much left for the story to tell.

Rosi
June 23, 2007, 08:28 AM
One piece wont stop soon :P

They still havent pass though Grand Line and as Nami found GL line is not the hole world, they still have to find what is after the GL, and their are at island what 4,5? of how many..?
Also, Nico Robin's dream to find what happened on the dark ages hasn't even
started..
What are those people that the WG fought agaisted, they have been mentioned only ones (Skyipea) and their Techology have been mentioned ones as well :P
Zoro is not way the Strongest among the swordmen of the world and Sanji doesn't even have an idea where the All Blue is ;) as for Ussop he is way to be the bravest of all Pirates and Choper what about him.. :P has he done anything yet..? nope.. he hasn't..

And they just now found a new friend.. ;) that we know only that Luffy is making him nakama and they are heading back to the entrace of the GL...so they strat again...ending..
That doens't Sound like ending it is more like that They still have Alot to Do .. :P
So dont' worry Onie Piece wont end soon (at least that is what the evidense are saying.. our friends still have a lot to do :P )

And yes, even when I am 50 I still will be watching anime and raeding manga :P

Ps

Monky D Luffy Watch out the -D- we still have no idea what this is and why people have it :P
And if you know this is cheating :P (well maybe it means Drake.. maybe not :P )

Megadoomer
June 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
It's not going to end soon. They still need to

-get 2 more crewmembers (Luffy wanted 10 (excluding him, supposedly), and Brook is number 8)

-defeat Donquixote Doflamingo

-defeat Jinbei

-defeat Blackbeard

-defeat AoKiji, AkaInu, and KiZaru

-bring down the World Government

-Zoro needs to defeat Mihawk

-the Will of D needs to be explained

-Buggy and Smoker's storylines need to be resolved (since they're still chasing Luffy)

and much, much more.

Impel Down
June 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
Actually, they have 10, including Luffy and Thousand Sunny. But, they don't necessarily need to defeat Ao Kiji either, since he no longer has any quarrel with them. Otherwise, I pretty much agree with what isn't resolved, even though they don't HAVE to fight every single Shichibukai, technically. But, what we seriously need is to see Smoker's new crew.

ryusuke_
June 30, 2007, 08:13 PM
I think the next (and last) man recruited by Luffy will be a mermaid man (somebody stronger than Arlong).

Well, there're a lot moreeee enigmas than the one's Megadoomer mentioned (for example everything related to the poneglyphs...) so I hope the "second part" of this manga will be SIMPLY AMAZING and full of awesome battles beetween all those powerful people.

And which character do you think will be the last one Luffy defeats?
Dragon, Shanks, Coby, Ao Kiji, Ace, Buggy, White Beard, the Yonkou, Black Beard, another Emperor, Sengoku, Smoker, Kuma, Doflamingo, Mihawk, a new character, Higuma the Bear, somebody related with Enel and his dreamed place... omg, there're so many characters to make One Piece 500 chapters longer and more ^^

Impel Down
June 30, 2007, 08:32 PM
Dragon or BB, that's my prediction. The problem is (or, the awesome thing is) that there's no clear major villain yet, just one huge evil orginization that has many evil major villains working for it, not to mention separate factions that are also evil, and there are characters not even introduced yet.

weixiaobao
July 08, 2007, 12:53 AM
I believe after the current arc.. there will be a big arc dealing with multibles of great enemy at once...

and the last arc could be a great race to One piece, so luffy crew could deal with multiple emperors or other forces too..

even with that it still would need minimum of another 300 chapters...

Astray
September 02, 2007, 06:20 PM

The musician is Brook, he's pretty much a guranteed crew member by now. Remember back that it was said that he would always play music to the whale back at the entrance of the grandline.

Impel Down
September 02, 2007, 08:00 PM
Well, that and he does want to see Laboon. And everyone already agreed that they want Brook back in the crew, so he's pretty much in. And of course OP isn't over soon, since they aren't even at the New World. And if it ends as they enter the New World, well then, I'll be a crying mess.

Sorata
September 08, 2007, 11:38 PM
I read an interview with Oda Sensei were he said that One Piece will soon reach it´s half, so you can expect at least more 400 or 500 chapters, and don´t be shocked because there are 3 mangas in Japan that already surprassed the 700 chapter(Kochikame, Hajime no Ippo, and the other is a romance that i can´t remember the name). And in the same interview Oda Sensei expressed how much he love his One Piece world, he said that he created a world were everything is possible except flying and magic, and that fact relieves a lot of stress from him and his creative habillity.

Impel Down
September 09, 2007, 11:04 AM
I strongly support such a world existing, and magic is generic. So, I guess he really is going to make it a lot longer. Certainly more than the five years he was intending.

Or maybe, when they hit the Red Line, One Piece ends and One Piece...gold...or Omega or something becomes the new title.

Imitorar
September 09, 2007, 03:54 PM
Or maybe, when they hit the Red Line, One Piece ends and One Piece...gold...or Omega or something becomes the new title.

If that happens, then it will be the anime that makes the change. That's how these things usually go. Dragon Ball----> Dragon Ball Z, Naruto----> Naruto: Shippuden, those were the anime companies ideas, because the tone of the series shifted, so they decided to just create a new name for what was still more or less the same show. Then, because anime is more popular then manga in America, so more people are exposed to the anime's names for things, and usually before the manga's, the American publishers of the manga adopt the name change for the manga, because people will know that part of the series under the new name. So yeah, don't expect that for about 60 episodes worth of anime, or something like that. (I figure that will be long enough to get through Thriller Bark and to the Red Line.)

And either way, "ending" the series by adding a bit to the title doesn't really count as ending, because it's still really the same series, in content. So it wouldn't really be the end of One Piece either way.

Impel Down
September 11, 2007, 03:11 PM
True, true. Although, it would be very Oda to parody manga in his own manga by changing the name. I sense a color spread...

But anyway, you're probably right about the Red Line crossing coming up pretty soon, which I guess would be the manga's half-way mark or something.

Aokiji
September 14, 2007, 01:11 PM
MY money on Monkey D. Dragon being one of the Yonkou

Impel Down
September 15, 2007, 09:52 AM
Except that he isn't a pirate, he's a Revolutionary. And when Garp told Luffy about the Yonkou, he mentioned Shanks because he knew Luffy knew him. After telling him about Dragon, don't you think he would have added that he was also a Yonkou. And even more besides, none of the silhouettes looked like Dragon.

Sorata
September 15, 2007, 12:26 PM
Exactly, we saw the faces of the Yonkou and none of them loked like Dragon.

Aokiji
September 15, 2007, 01:00 PM
I stand corrected, I ahd seen it badly in the chapter, thank you =)

Patoz
September 24, 2007, 09:17 AM
mmmh, I beg that One Piece won't became like Inu Yasha...

Impel Down
September 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
Amen.

Well, it has to end happily, it's clear of that in the series.

Absolutio
September 25, 2007, 06:47 AM
I didn't read/see inuyasha yet.. Only a couple of episodes.. Is it worth a watching/reading?

And yes, it HAS to end happily! One Piece is a happy manga, with happy start, happy middle, and should have also a happy ending! :D

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 08:50 AM
*reads Robin's flashback*
Too. Much. Happiness!