PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

Pages : [1] 2

destiny4ever
November 27, 2010, 08:51 PM
Have something you would like to get off your chest about your favorite manga and/or anime series? Then this is the thread for you.

This is a thread where we, the manga and anime fans, can confess, vent and discuss about things we need to get off our chests regarding the series we read and/or watch. Things that we love, like, dislike and hate, vent them all in here. :)

Rules:

-If your confession is spoilerish, please write it inside a spoiler box.

- And please remember, the forum rules (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=209500#post209500) also apply to this thread.

-Rules will be edited as necessary.

Here’s my first confession:

I confess my hope for a second season of “The Legend of the Legendary Heroes” is not as strong as before, especially after finding out the low ratings the last episode of TLOTLH got in Japan. :(

TitaniumChloride
November 27, 2010, 10:40 PM
I wished the latter half of the Soul Eater anime never happened because how will they continue to animate the rest of the manga? (They might find a way, but I'm still sore that they derailed a perfectly good adaptation for closure.)

M3J
November 27, 2010, 10:47 PM
Yu Yu Hakusho had a boring and slow first arc, at least for me.

Naruto's latest arc and chapters are bleh. The second part was overall bad to bleh.

Bleach is fail.

One Piece has too many fights that look rushed and somewhat unrealistic.

shaheer
November 28, 2010, 02:04 AM
OKI first off dislike OP to the fullest ...every chap i read was of filler quality ...the character artwork didnt impress me much... not a fan of that kind of artwork... ....the main is slow .. no cool just talks much...and the jokes dun even make me smile forget laughing ... and thus i dun read OP(as i dun find a single reason to) and so i dun visit the forums

now Shiki .... the latest anime episode literal baffled me... it was stupid... the two mains whom i thought to be the owner of slight sense proved me wrong... though i got assurance from good authority that it will get better but then again it doesnt have an excuse to be disappointing...but as i have good reason sto hope that things will get better i am gonna see it through

Naruto ..... just after 2.5 month that orange head come back with no result whatsoever ... just increased his rasengan size......ya back then i used to follow the anime. meaning i had to eat all those substandard fillers to get to shippuden and this was what Kishi had in store for me
and i dun wanna start with saske naruto nonsense.....so though i read naruto (it has its cons but i still like it over all) i dun visit forums

Bleach .....after 5 pannels of ichigo s useless shouts we gat Aizen saying : dont raise your voice kurosaki ichigo.... WTF??
and noting is ever explained isshins reason... ichigo: i dun wanna know tell me when you are erady...and i suppose this 9 month wasnt enough time for them to be ready.....
no one powerful went bankai ... if they did then the fight wuld have been easily up... and tis was supposed to be a fight to the very seriousness.....i read this manga and visit the forums... some intelligent folks like hulk and hystzen are there so ....

ya i am a very unpleasant when i lambaste in my satire ... and all the above is purely right these are my personal opinion ... i dont expect any one to share it ... and if i have hurt someone by these then i sincerely apologize

saladesu
November 28, 2010, 04:30 AM
Aww man Shaheer I'm sad to hear you don't like OP :( I respect your opinion of course, but I'm still sad to hear it ;____;

Confession: I think Nurarihyon no Mago is a manga that deserves a lot more love than it gets, especially on the internet fandom. It's such a good manga but so many people get put off by the slightly slow beginning or for whatever other reasons never even hear about it. And the draggy anime with all its fillers probably made a lot of people lose even more interest in ever reading the manga. It makes me sad to see such a nice manga being ignored :(

Confession: I think I'm the only girl in the Kenichi thread. It must be weird for a girl to like a manga with so much ecchi >< Sometimes I ask myself the same question but argh the fights are so good! D:

Confession: Saikou and Azuki in Bakuman have the most unrealistic relationship ever, but I still ship them anyway :D

R4n
November 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
- i realize that Kateikyou Hitman Reborn is VERY FAR from what i would call a 'good manga'. But i don't know why i was so obsessed with it and i still read it weekly till now. It feels like dating a jerk you can't leave. :notrust
My friend even compare KHR as an abusive husband that she can't divorce because she still clings to some good memories (aka Mukuro Arc and Varia arc).

- I laugh whenever a flamewar broke out because people are trying to defend either OP, Bleach, or Naruto from each other. It is pointless, people! =__=;
That's why i stay far far away from those series' forums because of the huge amount of trolls they have. >__>;;

shaheer
November 28, 2010, 01:53 PM
usually i do stay away from the main 3 forum forum.... but time to time i visit bleach and sometimes naruto ... i kind a forget a lot ...and these are such a big series that you cant help but forget if you arent that avid a fan.....
thus sometimes when sth is revealed and past chap are in question..i visit the forums...bleach forums has some of my FF friends so i post often...
as i dun read OP dun visit forum.... as for naruto..... i used to post sometimes...posing some query but lately(for quite some time) havent ...

but i agree with you on what you said R4...they have too many trolls...and if you are nt that fervent a fan( i aint that avid) the forums arent the best place for you

Steffan
November 28, 2010, 03:08 PM
Bakuman:

I wish they would stop portraying Eiji as an all-knowing manga god. Anything he has said about manga has been true so far, which I kind of dislike, since his character is actually kind of under-developed. (No background or anything, he's just an amazing mangaka for no real reason...)

destiny4ever
November 28, 2010, 06:20 PM
@ TitaniumChloride: I second your confession. In fact, I stopped watching SE anime the moment they started to diverge from the manga. I wouldn’t have minded the changes so much, if they had deviated just a little bit from the canon material but they didn’t. They changed so many things and in such a big way, that they made the possibility of a second season almost nonexistent. However, I still have hope for a second season, one in which we get to see what really happens after episode 35. :) I know Soul Eater is not as popular as FMA, but I would love if Soul Eater gets a new anime, one that follows the manga as faithfully as Brotherhood did.

@ shaheer: You are allowed to express yourself and share your opinion, after all…this is what the confessional thread is all about.http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-bunny-smiley-6080.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) Just one little thing, could you please change the last part of your post to lowercases? If you want to highlight something by bolding it is okay, but writing all in caps locks could be seen as if you are yelling. So could you please change the last paragraph to lowercases? Thanks in advance for understanding. ^_^ And thank you for giving Shiki another try even when you are so disappointed with it. :hug

@ R4n: Your comparison of KHR to dating a jerk you can't leave is priceless but oh so true! I feel the same way about Bleach, I know I should have dropped it months ago, or maybe even years ago, but I just can’t. I still have hope of Bleach returning to the awesomeness it was the SS arc.

blai
November 28, 2010, 06:29 PM
I confess that I hope that Sasuke will die a painful death after he's killed Naruto incredibly brutally because I hate both of them.

Naruto should die and Sasuke should forever remain a betrayer and a villain.

Crude
November 28, 2010, 07:12 PM
Naruto:
I hate how after the time-skip Naruto hadn't learned anything remotely useful except for the Oodama Rasengan (which was used what, once?). I hate how Kakashi seems to be getting weaker. I hate that Sakura stopped being useful after the Rescue Gaara Arc. I hate how new characters Sai and Yamato haven't gotten nearly enough attention as they deserve. I hate how the cool supporting cast, especially Rock Lee, seem to have been down-graded into background characters. And most of all, I hate how Sasuke made part 2 all about him. I actually like his character, but nobody but the main character deserves that much attention. I stopped reading after the Kage Summit Arc (so that I didn't spoil myself with the anime), so I don't know if any of my issues have been adressed. I have heard that with this new arc that the supporting cast is getting some attention (finally!).

Bleach:
The whole Arrancar Saga was pretty alright in terms of story (albeit way too simple compared to the awesome Soul Society Saga), but it definitely didn't have to last as long as it did. Kubo managed to get even slower in terms of pacing. Here we had a simple storyline that lasted more than 4 years! I started reading the manga again with this new arc, which is just so refreshing compared to the hideously long arrancar storyline. I hate how little attention the main group (Chad, Ishida, Rukia, and especially Renji) got compared to the captains. I have to agree with everyone who said that Kubo had literally no idea what he was doing with this saga. Hopefully this new arc will be much better planned and paced.

One Piece:
No complaints except for the slow, slow pacing. While nowhere near as slow as Bleach, One Piece manages to stall even with chapters that seem well paced. Did Skypeia (which is one of my favourite arcs by the way) have to be so long? And Thriller Bark also. I hope that one day there will be a "One Piece Kai" so that I can watch the whole series in a normal pace.

D.Gray-man:
Somewhere along the way it started to get a little boring and difficult to follow. I think it all started with the special chapter from Akamaru Jump. Suddenly we got a whole bunch of characters, who in my opinion should've shown up gradually, we got weird/ugly white (at least to me) uniforms for them, and the pacing just got reallly weird. The series being in Jump SQ is probably a good thing, but every chapter confuses the hell out of me. And although Katsura Hoshino's art is great, it seems to have worsened compared to the chapters just before the magazine change. The art itself contributes to the pacing/confusion issues.

Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn!:
The Future Saga was pretty good I think, but man did it have pacing issues. It started out alright, but during the Melone Base Arc, everything got much slower, and did Amano really have to pull out the new villains out of nowhere? I think they should've been properly introduced. Then we got the Choice Arc, which was shaping up to be a pretty exciting and strategy-filled wargame. But it only lasted one round! I wish it would've continued a few more rounds, the last round being the final battle of the saga, but no, it ended abruptly and what we got was a hideously fast-paced arc and final battle. Because of that, the new villains got zero character development, the fights were unexciting, and the everything just felt so rushed.
My other complaints include how the fights gradually lost their strategy element. The box weapons were pretty cool, but the box animals were a horrible idea. For a while it felt as though I was reading a Pokémon knockoff. And the characters just keep getting upgrade after upgrade, instead of developing different strategies. Oh, and Ryohei, Lambo and Chrome were largely ignored when it came to fights.

Even with these complaints, I still find myself enjoying these series :D!

Kaiten
November 28, 2010, 07:59 PM
I haven't watched any anime since spring season ending. I still love anime. But I haven't watched any. When KimiTodo season 2 starts I'll watch again.

shaheer
November 29, 2010, 12:17 AM
Bleach: kubo should make ichigo learn more abt his bankai rather than go to greater levels...like from shikai to bankai to mask to vastolorde formation to combo VL and Tensa zangetso ...and then i am not a shinigami any more...he never really got a hold of his shikai..he got bankai...he never really mastered bankai he went to diff levels....

Naruto: naruto should get an amnesia where he forgets all about sakse and sakura...and saske should be sent so some special kind of hell where he sells hair colours to deaf grandmas and read the daily mail to deaf grandpas.

naruto-niichan
November 29, 2010, 02:39 PM
Naruto:
I hate how after the time-skip Naruto hadn't learned anything remotely useful except for the Oodama Rasengan (which was used what, once?). I hate how Kakashi seems to be getting weaker. I hate that Sakura stopped being useful after the Rescue Gaara Arc. I hate how new characters Sai and Yamato haven't gotten nearly enough attention as they deserve. I hate how the cool supporting cast, especially Rock Lee, seem to have been down-graded into background characters. And most of all, I hate how Sasuke made part 2 all about him. I actually like his character, but nobody but the main character deserves that much attention. I stopped reading after the Kage Summit Arc (so that I didn't spoil myself with the anime), so I don't know if any of my issues have been adressed. I have heard that with this new arc that the supporting cast is getting some attention (finally!).

Bleach:
The whole Arrancar Saga was pretty alright in terms of story (albeit way too simple compared to the awesome Soul Society Saga), but it definitely didn't have to last as long as it did. Kubo managed to get even slower in terms of pacing. Here we had a simple storyline that lasted more than 4 years! I started reading the manga again with this new arc, which is just so refreshing compared to the hideously long arrancar storyline. I hate how little attention the main group (Chad, Ishida, Rukia, and especially Renji) got compared to the captains. I have to agree with everyone who said that Kubo had literally no idea what he was doing with this saga. Hopefully this new arc will be much better planned and paced.

One Piece:
No complaints except for the slow, slow pacing. While nowhere near as slow as Bleach, One Piece manages to stall even with chapters that seem well paced. Did Skypeia (which is one of my favourite arcs by the way) have to be so long? And Thriller Bark also. I hope that one day there will be a "One Piece Kai" so that I can watch the whole series in a normal pace.

D.Gray-man:
Somewhere along the way it started to get a little boring and difficult to follow. I think it all started with the special chapter from Akamaru Jump. Suddenly we got a whole bunch of characters, who in my opinion should've shown up gradually, we got weird/ugly white (at least to me) uniforms for them, and the pacing just got reallly weird. The series being in Jump SQ is probably a good thing, but every chapter confuses the hell out of me. And although Katsura Hoshino's art is great, it seems to have worsened compared to the chapters just before the magazine change. The art itself contributes to the pacing/confusion issues.

Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn!:
The Future Saga was pretty good I think, but man did it have pacing issues. It started out alright, but during the Melone Base Arc, everything got much slower, and did Amano really have to pull out the new villains out of nowhere? I think they should've been properly introduced. Then we got the Choice Arc, which was shaping up to be a pretty exciting and strategy-filled wargame. But it only lasted one round! I wish it would've continued a few more rounds, the last round being the final battle of the saga, but no, it ended abruptly and what we got was a hideously fast-paced arc and final battle. Because of that, the new villains got zero character development, the fights were unexciting, and the everything just felt so rushed.
My other complaints include how the fights gradually lost their strategy element. The box weapons were pretty cool, but the box animals were a horrible idea. For a while it felt as though I was reading a Pokémon knockoff. And the characters just keep getting upgrade after upgrade, instead of developing different strategies. Oh, and Ryohei, Lambo and Chrome were largely ignored when it came to fights.

Even with these complaints, I still find myself enjoying these series :D!

I could sign every word you wrote Crude, I totally feel the same way regarding these series! As for Naruto, it get's a lot better after the Summit Arc, because we haven't seen Sasuke since that time (except for a few panels). I do not want to spoil you but secondary characters get a lot more attention now and Naruto finally got the main-screentime back.

Confession @Salad XD I'm highly disappointed by the anime, so far that I'm on the verge of dropping it. They stretched it, they changed the story at some points and left out important parts. Studio Deen has done a really bad job :notrust The manga is great, the whole Hagorome Kitsune Arc was just awsome even though it seemed a bit stretched out. It should definitely have more fans!

Bakuman: I really enjoy the Anime and I think the JC staff has done a great job so far, the definite opposite to Studio Deen.
Just like Salad, I love the Azuki x Mashiro relationship, even though it's unrealistic.

destiny4ever
November 29, 2010, 05:34 PM
@ CrudeCross: You mentioning Chad and Rukia reminded me of another confession I need to make. I confess that I don’t like the way KT has treated Chad. He seemed like such a cool character at the beginning of the series but thanks to the way KT has treated Chad, things have been reduced to the point even filler characters in the anime were shown more love and received more attention than Chad. :(

I also must confess I refuse to believe http://www.laymark.com/i/b/b05.gif (http://www.laymark.com) Rukia is gone for good and that Ichigo won’t be able to see her for the rest of his human life, I really believe KT will make her appear again when we least expect.

thornofcarrion
December 08, 2010, 02:59 AM
Naruto : If I haven't read it for so many years, I would have probably dropped it. I am not liking the recent developments at all. And I share Blai's view about Naruto and Sasuke :hi5. I have always hated Sakura.

@Milly : Though I respect your opinion but how can you say "Bleach is fail." when you do not even read it. Ones opinion should be based on some logic and frankly I fail to find any logic there.

Bleach : It has good parts and bad parts. I had hoped to see more from Vizards but they were the biggest disappointment so far. Orihime, Matsumoto, and Hinamori annoys me so much.

Claymore : Didn't like how the altered the events in the anime.

Tenjou Tenge : The rushed end did not justify the brilliance of the series.

Berserk : I wanted to see old Guts, not the new one.

ashher
December 13, 2010, 02:28 PM
Me, being a new berserk fan don't dare say this to the veterans...but really the part when i actually fell for it was when the back story ended and the new gatts emerged. Then i love Vagabond...but i feel the way it throws out philosophy directly negs from narration marks. About naruto i really think that kishimoto has wasted so much plot potential. not much of a confession really, i say it everywhere...but i usually emphasize on the positive points, which more than compensate for the cons imho. Lastly i read (and enjoy quite a lot) Vampire Knight and The One(this is a huge confession...lol).

naruto-niichan
December 14, 2010, 02:14 PM
Lastly i read (and enjoy quite a lot) Vampire Knight(this is a huge confession...lol).

I read it too :D even though I think it's not really good atm (aka since the Rido Arc), I still want to see how things turn out. I put it on hold for some time and started reading it again yesterday. I support Yuuki x Zero ^__^

Dragonball: I loved it back then when I was a little child. When I started watching Dragonball:Kai (sort of a remake of the anime) I realized that it's only fighting, the writing is really... poor. Nowadays I can't understand the hype around DB anymore.

Roflkopt3r
December 14, 2010, 02:58 PM
Sadly I couldn't find thumb symbols that fast so I just use a traffic light system for my ups and downs :)

Naruto: I totally lost interest actually, still do remember most of the story though and still check the latest chapters every few weeks. Actually all I wanna know is how it finishes ;(
Actually I liked the idea about the war, but don't think that it is beeing used very well. I'ld still preferr a scenario of almost every character dying - Sakura, Madara, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Gaara, Kakashi and many many many many more - exept for Naruto, Sasuke and some minor characters of the ninja alliance (such as Hinata, Shino and some totally unimportant guys who would have their time to shine) and totally change the concept of Naruto into a story of searching for a new purpose.
Well, as some people already told me, that's "too Seinen" for a Shounen.

Berserk: Although I'm a huge Berserk fan, I really disliked the latest part so far. Imo it went down ever since Shierke and witchcraft made their appearance. I'ld love to just see most of Gatsu's current group dying.
I don't have very high hopes that it will ever return to the greatness of the Golden Age arc or the even stronger badassness from before that. Well, it's still more than the "only wanna know the end"-stuff of Naruto for me; I'm still happy about every new chapter.

Planetes: It was hard for me to get into the scenario and everything, but after the story and characters became deeper after a while it was really great. I wonder: Is this as deep and philosophical as manga get or are there more complex, heavier ones? (If anyone believes to know one, I'ld be glad for every hint) I'ld certainly love to read such.
I'm sure the ending might disappoint many, it didn't do so for me though.

Vinland Saga: Arrrr I cannot stop hoping for it to release in a faster pace :(
I'm really addicted to it and loved the latest arc even though many did not, I just can't wait another year :(
On the other hand, it's a little sad. Vinland Saga definitly arrived at a point of no return, saying "nothing will ever be like it used to be". The changes are too big for reversal, leaving the so called "Introduction" arc as a piece of great manga, which now will remain untouched as it's just "finished".

Tegami Bachi: I thought I was done with most of Shounen, but this one is really great. Yeah, it has these typical Shounen-annoyances of extreme naivete and luck at some points, but I still love it. A great style, interesting universe, a nice balance of main- and side stories imo.
It's very much what I expect of a good Shounen supposed to be readable for older readers as well.
The part which severely disappointed me was when the scanlater added a note that Zaji (click: image (http://media.photobucket.com/image/tegami%20bachi%20zaji/GrimoireAlice/others/1-1.png) - it's the left character) is a boy. I like such tomboy girl characters, it saddened me that he/she wasn't :(

Hellsing: The manga/OVA story and atmosphere suck. The original anime is the actual great thing about it. Also, check out the two soundtracks for it; They're totally awesome.

Bleach/OP: Bleach failed to ever sparkle any interest in me ever since the Soul Society arc ended. OP failed to ever appeal me. No more discussion about it from my side.

Crude
December 14, 2010, 07:29 PM
I could sign every word you wrote Crude, I totally feel the same way regarding these series! As for Naruto, it get's a lot better after the Summit Arc, because we haven't seen Sasuke since that time (except for a few panels). I do not want to spoil you but secondary characters get a lot more attention now and Naruto finally got the main-screentime back.

That's good to hear. I saw the double-spread colour page announcing the War Arc, and I have to admit I'm intrigued (is that how you spell it?). I just really want to see the secondary characters get at least the same amount of attention that they did in Part 1.

You mentioning Chad and Rukia reminded me of another confession I need to make. I confess that I don’t like the way KT has treated Chad. He seemed like such a cool character at the beginning of the series but thanks to the way KT has treated Chad, things have been reduced to the point even filler characters in the anime were shown more love and received more attention than Chad.

It's a shame that he doesn't get as much attention as he should. Kubo seemed to be building up to quite an interesting plotline with Chad's powers and how they resemble Hollow powers, but he seems to have ignored it (for now at least). I just hope that with this new arc, he'll finally get some attention again.

CBlitz
December 14, 2010, 08:06 PM
I admit that I haven't been as invested in Naruto as I used to be. The current manga arc is good but....I dunno it lacks the intensity displayed in the Pain Invasion arc. That's probably no major events have gone down with the war yet...

on the other hand I'm enjoying One Piece a lot now, last time I was this into it was Water 7/Enies Lobby. I didn't really like the Thriller Bark but it wasn't terribly interesting, Sabody was good but too short and Impel Down/War arc wasn't paced that well. New arc is making me gush over everything though :zomg

Bleach....lol Bleach

Xadyu
December 15, 2010, 04:15 PM
I don't know the reason why it was like that.

But the Rurouni Kenshin anime was kind of bad, when I started it, it was just so boring. The story never unfolded until the latter episodes in the 20s. And even then, we got a great story, fights etc. etc. only to get even more fillers till almost the end of the anime. Now, I did enjoy every episode, but the fillers were nothing compared to the original story and it took me forever to get into the anime because of the lousy start.

Bad anime was bad.

But at least the Tsuiokuhen OVA made up for everything. :p

Ustegius
December 17, 2010, 10:37 AM
I have very mixed feelings about Yoshihiro Togashi. On the other hand I understand that he doesn't want to devote all his live to manga and do other things enjoy live with his family and all. But he has the status because support of fans, and how he seems to be just lazy with HxH is pissing me off. Sure other famous mangaka work slow too, but they atleast seems to raise or at least keep the quality of the series. I have a feeling, that Togashi could do better on both art and story, but just is lazy.

Asarii
December 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
I don't have any thing to say concerning a specific series, and that's partially going to be the point of my following vent (?).

It bewilders me when readers view a work for free, and either don't like it or complain about it week after week. It's fine to be disappointed; however, when one feels negative emotions all the time, it's about time to drop it. None of us are obligated to read the series, and it's also disrespectful to the author; you read their work (for free) and then kick them in their faces afterwards.

Nothing personal to anyone in this thread though. It's just a pet peeve I have. Okay, I do have some things to say about specifically. My bad!

Naruto: The Land of Waves arc was perfect because it addressed the questionable ethics of being raised in a society of child soldiers. I hope it'll raise this point again because I felt lied to when the Chuunin Exams happened.

Engima: As much as I enjoy it, I do wonder how it'll fare in a few months time. It jumped right in to the plot, and character backstories were already being revealed. After the current ordeal is over, what will happen? I'm afraid it doesn't have much substance to be a long-running series. Of course, that perception can change.

ashher
December 19, 2010, 08:39 AM
Really man HxH will be remembered as The Greatest Waste in the history of manga...unless that mangaka redeems himself. Its like he simply doesn't want to finish an arc to avoid the trouble of thinking up the next. It had so much potential, still has, that it makes me want to cry just to think about this.

R4n
December 19, 2010, 09:24 AM
... is that Hakuoki in your sig, Asa? :D

my next rant:
1.) Up till 2 weeks ago, khr in my opinion is very 'meh' but it is starting to get very interesting now. Actually, now i am looking forward to it more than everything else in the magazine. :D

2.) I got sick of some 'seriouz business' people who can't take a joke. Especially the feminist activist that are going around many boards only to complain and accuse 'how misogynistic this and that' is. Seriously? Nobody is interested in your speeches and we just want to have fun without you looking for faults everywhere.

3.) And i hate nazi mods. i know there is a need to keep the place clean and pleasant, but there is a difference between being an obsessive control freak and keeping the rules. A lot of them had gone out of control and that is the reason i only read MH's otaku cafe and one other board. I got sick of the rest of them.

Asarii
December 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
... is that Hakuoki in your sig, Asa? :D
Tee hee, yes! :hurr

1.) Up till 2 weeks ago, khr in my opinion is very 'meh' but it is starting to get very interesting now. Actually, now i am looking forward to it more than everything else in the magazine. :D
I'm glad to hear it! :) Yeah, the plot is really moving along now. Especially with that guy and that other guy. (Trying to be really vague in this thread, but I hope you get my drift!)

2.) I got sick of some 'seriouz business' people who can't take a joke. Especially the feminist activist that are going around many boards only to complain and accuse 'how misogynistic this and that' is. Seriously? Nobody is interested in your speeches and we just want to have fun without you looking for faults everywhere.
I totally agree. If I read a work that offended me (like I found it to have racist and homophobic undertones for example), I would stop reading at the drop of a hat. Not a manga, but I quit Twilight after Book 2 because I felt it was misogynist. When we read a work from a different national origin, we have to keep in mind that some social norms will be different. It's not worth it to go in a disproportionate rage that I see some hardcore feminists do.

R4n
December 20, 2010, 04:19 AM
-Somehow I never got myself to like Tsuna (khr). I mean, i don't hate him but i don't love him either. It must be because his image running in boxers during daily life arc stucks in my head, that's why i can't take him seriously :tem

-i honestly feel that the reason some anti fans bash things is mainly not because they dislike the stuffs... it is just because they purposely want to irk other people. It is just like many anti-OP bash OP not because they think it is suck, but only to troll people. *...sigh*
I remember an incident where a person purposely post someone's else entire 'list of favourite manga' into the 'overrated manga' thread only to anger the person. how mature

Asarii
December 20, 2010, 10:21 PM
Really? Ha ha. XD Tsuna is not my favourite character (as you can see my icon is my favourite!), but I do appreciate him. It's probably because he has no goals or aspirations that so many shonen protagonists have. It's quite refreshing.

What's funny is those people who say they dropped a manga since Ch. 2 or something, and yet they bash the series they basically haven't read. Some trolls can actually be funny, but most are just irritating.

Roflkopt3r
December 21, 2010, 06:54 PM
Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest: In the beginning, it felt silly. Overdone, cliche, looking a little twilight-ish.
Around Ch. 35, it turned into something great.
What a twisted, mad scenario. Violence, torture, rape, sex-addicted and whatsnot characters. However, I enjoyed reading it, but in the end it required the protagonist to develope some human sense, empathy and uncertaincies to get me a liking to the story. I couldn't stand it when he was superior and arrogant for such a long time.

saladesu
December 22, 2010, 08:56 AM
I don't know the reason why it was like that.

But the Rurouni Kenshin anime was kind of bad, when I started it, it was just so boring. The story never unfolded until the latter episodes in the 20s. And even then, we got a great story, fights etc. etc. only to get even more fillers till almost the end of the anime. Now, I did enjoy every episode, but the fillers were nothing compared to the original story and it took me forever to get into the anime because of the lousy start.

Bad anime was bad.

But at least the Tsuiokuhen OVA made up for everything. :p

The fillers were indeed terrible. So bad the ratings fell so hard they had to cancel the anime and skip the entire Jinchuu arc which imo was the best arc alongside the Kyoto arc! :( But I didn't find the starting of RK boring/bad - I remember being quite sucked up into the RK world from the beginning. But my memory may be failing me, I watched RK when I was 7 - more than 10 years ago... :p

Tsuiokuhen was awesome :nuts And then Seisouhen messed everything up - even Watsuki-sensei himself was pissed at the anime staff for coming up with that and "disowned" Seisouhen :darn

Engima: As much as I enjoy it, I do wonder how it'll fare in a few months time. It jumped right in to the plot, and character backstories were already being revealed. After the current ordeal is over, what will happen? I'm afraid it doesn't have much substance to be a long-running series. Of course, that perception can change.

I kind of agree with you... But I think it is still possible to continue after they get out of this ordeal. A bit like Liar Game where after they finish one round, there's another waiting for them that they didn't expect :) Besides, only one character backstory has been revealed, so there's still a lot more to come imo.

But maybe Koen will koen the series :oh

R4n
December 22, 2010, 12:32 PM
New random stuffs:
- There is a character named Damon Gant in Ace Attorney game. For one obvious reason i always misread it as Gantz... TT___TT

- I just saw someone's username:"FemaleGokudera". For some reason it make me laugh so hard. Pfff, rule 63 (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RulesOfTheInternet) indeed. Honestly, i don't like genderbending much. Sometimes i find it interesting but for some reason it makes me cringe ^^;;;
No offense to people who like it though... it's down to personal taste.

- Rurounin Kenshin is my favourite anime when i was a child! 8D
Honestly i don't remember whether the fillers are crappy or not, i enjoyed all of the episodes equally. When i was young i like the TV series character design better than the OVA character design. But when i got older the opposites happen. Oh, i remember when i first read the manga, i was kinda disappointed because i was very used to the 'pretty' design the TV series had...

Asarii
December 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
I kind of agree with you... But I think it is still possible to continue after they get out of this ordeal. A bit like Liar Game where after they finish one round, there's another waiting for them that they didn't expect :) Besides, only one character backstory has been revealed, so there's still a lot more to come imo.

But maybe Koen will koen the series :oh
Hopefully! I'm pretty sure Sakaki-sensei will come up with something new after the ordeal. I do want to see what they're like without the pressure put on them right now. What are their interests? Who are they as a person without their powers? I want to find out! :)

:eek: Perhaps the koen'ing won't work this time around.

- I just saw someone's username:"FemaleGokudera". For some reason it make me laugh so hard. Pfff, rule 63 (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RulesOfTheInternet) indeed. Honestly, i dislike genderbending. Sometimes i find it interesting but for some reason it always make me cringe ^^;;;
No offense to people who like it though... it's down to personal taste.
I agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of changing a character drastically even if it's just for fanwork. It's just so... strange. :blink

Roflkopt3r
December 22, 2010, 04:19 PM
I agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of changing a character drastically even if it's just for fanwork. It's just so... strange. :blink

Actually I somewhat like characters close to the edge, tomboys or girlish guys :D
Ok, eventually I'm always disappointed when it turns out that they're male in the end, so it seems it's only the tomboy type I like.
Once again, Zaji as the perfect example: http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss1/GrimoireAlice/others/1-1.png

Asarii
December 22, 2010, 04:34 PM
Oops! I should have specified that I don't like characters being significantly changed in fanworks. :darn

I'm totally fine with characters like Zaji. (<3) Since they were created that way by the mangaka themselves.[hr]
I wish the artwork in shoujo could be more like Aogiri Natsu and Sorata Akizuki's style. The girls don't have bright eyes the size of dinner plates, and the pages aren't overdone with screentones. I was never a fan of Tanemura Arina's art. There I said it!

Perhaps this is the reason why I prefer retro shojo instead.

Roflkopt3r
December 22, 2010, 04:47 PM
Of course you are fine with Zaji, you're a girl :XD
I misinterpreted you deliberately here to get back to that topic, sorry :amuse

Since it's the confessional thread:
I tend to get hyped up about works I like way too much ^^
It's just that I tend to see the author's intention and thus lose sight on the weaknesses of a work, by only focussing on the strong points of it after a while. It's the mindset that no work is "complete", but each one has it's focus points, so I rather value the strong points and lose sight on the others.

Googlez_kun
December 23, 2010, 02:00 AM
What i dislike about most of my favourite manga is the art.Naruto,D.Gray-man,Bakuman all had amazing art.Naruto had an awesome style back then and Kishimoto was improving with every volume.But in part 2 he started to get lazier and gives us some half-assed and stiff art.It could have so dazzling art it's not even funny.Kishimoto himself is such a great artist.Just look at that colorspread where he drew Naruto,Sakura and Sasuke in a realistic style.It was stunning to say the least.But he is so lazy.>__>
As for D.Gray-Man,i guess the style is still alright,but the quality decreased.It used to have wonderful artwork,but now everyone is suddenly chubby and everything looks kinda weird.
And Bakuman....do i have to say anything?Look at the first chapters and at Obata's earlier works and compare it to today's art.You'll know what i mean.

Since it's the confessional thread:
I tend to get hyped up about works I like way too much ^^
It's just that I tend to see the author's intention and thus lose sight on the weaknesses of a work, by only focussing on the strong points of it after a while. It's the mindset that no work is "complete", but each one has it's focus points, so I rather value the strong points and lose sight on the others.
Haha,so you finally noticed:p
It's true,after you finished reading a manga one can expect to see you posting in the favourite quote thread and making colorings of it.:lmao

Roflkopt3r
December 23, 2010, 04:14 AM
Haha,so you finally noticed:p
It's true,after you finished reading a manga one can expect to see you posting in the favourite quote thread and making colorings of it.:lmao

I knew that from the start... well, when I read something I of course notice the great panels and quotes in it, so obviously I fill it in such threads as it makes sense :p

Bromamura
December 23, 2010, 02:01 PM
Code Geass: It’s been a while and I don’t remember the specific details very well but Zero Requiem never seemed that epic a plan to me. The whole collective hatred thing felt a bit forced and overdone. Lelouch was hardly the catalyst for the concept of hatred in this world. Hatred is inherent to human beings, it existed long before he did and would continue to exist after he's dead. It’s made to seem as if Lelouch's death cleansed the world of hatred and rendered conflict purposeless, that’s just too idealistic for my liking. The world could have functioned just as well had he straightforwardly defeated Schneizel and commits to making it a better place instead of acting like a totalitarian ass for the sake of being a hero later on. Yes there are wounds to be mended and past deeds to haunt him, but no one is perfect, he should live to come to terms with them and mature as a leader. It felt as if the creator were trying too hard to force him into redeeming himself completely for all his previous flaw and faults so he could ultimately end up as some great being that sacrificed his life for the greater good. For me however the greater good was just not that good.

I understand they probably wanted to come up with something new in terms of how the protagonist could save the world instead of going with the more generic approach, but it didn’t quite work for me.

M3J
December 25, 2010, 12:09 AM
I confess that other than some parts in Part II of Naruto, the part itself is basically dull and just meh. So far, the war is horribly boring and losing what great potential it had, although the last two chapters (regarding Zabuza and Haku meeting up Kakashi anyway) were decent.

I also dislike the Part II drawing. It's just meh and typical; I miss the Part I drawing, everything felt original. Plus, flashback of Part I in Part II style is just... wrong. Sasuke looked way older in Karin's flashback. Orochimaru looked cooler in Part I and more menacing than he did in Part II, as well. Itachi... well, he is pretty mature so he should look mature, though Part I made him look no less mature. :|

I sometimes think that Oda changed his art style over the years to show the maturation of the characters. Nami back then looked pretty childish compared to Nami before the timeskip, same with Luffy.

I confess that I absolutely love Nami and Robin not just because they're hot, but because of their intelligence. Same goes for Amamiya Sakurako of Psyren! Plus, she's a fighter! HOOOOT!

ashher
December 25, 2010, 02:22 AM
^ how can the part about not liking part 2 naruto is a confession, M3J? We all know that :p. Confession is all about letting your secret out, that you tried to keep in your very private closet...which in your case would've been admitting that you are actually in LOOOVE with naruto part2 :p !!
[hr]
I admit that despite being naruto fan, i did not actually like oro much, ever. To me he always felt like the Disney villains...you take one look at them and you are like... "whoa, that's the bad guy, cause he looks like a bad guy and for nothing much else :s "
[hr]
I do wonder that if anybody besides me think that post-Eclipse Berserk and particularly the new Gatts is actually better.

M3J
December 25, 2010, 02:34 AM
Well, having been a Naruto mod and fanboying over Naruto, people would expect me to like Part II as well, but I really hate it. Most of it. As a Naruto fan, I'm supposed to at most dislike it, not hate it. :(

Orochimaru though is effed up. I don't think many villains would actually play with lives and do experiments just to become immortal or something. Not only did he use an evil technique to bring back dead souls, but he screwed with his mentor's mind by making him fight his two old mentors.

Part II Orochimaru sucks though. T_T Not enough of evilness and too much Sharingan obsession.

Newkerzy
December 25, 2010, 08:12 AM
About the war, did you seriously expect a GRAND battle like the Marine War in OP?? you should've known from the start that is NOT Kishi's style. And we've been like, what? 5-6 chapters into the war. Seriously, you're judging the war wayyy too early. Give Kishi about 20 chapters or so, then you can judge it however you see fit. Besides, Kishi in his "grandness" of the war did some impressive pages too:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/13991999/9

http://www.mangastream.com/read/naruto/58994877/13

Awesome SAI is EPIC.

Kishi IMO, is taking a unique approach in the war. He's not just making it like a grand battle, he's also implementing real war tactics and teamwork. Kishi's war, IMO is close to a modern world war. Oda's on the other hand is closer to Old wars centuries in the past. Oda had tactics in that war too, but not as intricate and detailed like Kishi's.

Zeltrax
December 28, 2010, 07:47 AM
About the war, did you seriously expect a GRAND battle like the Marine War in OP?? you should've known from the start that is NOT Kishi's style. And we've been like, what? 5-6 chapters into the war. Seriously, you're judging the war wayyy too early. Give Kishi about 20 chapters or so, then you can judge it however you see fit. Besides, Kishi in his "grandness" of the war did some impressive pages too:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/13991999/9

http://www.mangastream.com/read/naruto/58994877/13

Awesome SAI is EPIC.

Kishi IMO, is taking a unique approach in the war. He's not just making it like a grand battle, he's also implementing real war tactics and teamwork. Kishi's war, IMO is close to a modern world war. Oda's on the other hand is closer to Old wars centuries in the past. Oda had tactics in that war too, but not as intricate and detailed like Kishi's.

I really doubt you can call Naruto a war though, it's more like a ninja raid with zombies, but whatever.

Sorry, but in the end I think its just people opinions. I really hate where Naruto is going now but that is my personal opinion, so uh, we can't compare stuffs like that.

You're welcome to state your opinion, but never give a personal attack on an individual.

Teeba
December 28, 2010, 08:28 AM
Yaay confessions thread!

I still love Ubel Blatt even though I know its on indefinite hiatus and the mangaka has started publishing other works. When chapters were being released regularly it was like crack for my brain, seriously. As much as I try to predict what might happen, it does nothing to comfort me. T_T

Artwork has always been a non-issue for me when I'm reading manga, even though I know the visuals are super important. So D.Gray-man's constant change in art has not impacted me the way the storyline has. I love the style that Liar Game is drawn, even though many people complain about the mangaka's lack of finesse when he draws. xD

I think the biggest confession I have to make is that, I've really lost interest in anime. Somehow, unless its original, I can't stand the adaption decay from manga to anime.

Newkerzy
December 28, 2010, 09:17 AM
Bring your naruto or sai what-soever fanboying somewhere else, say the Naruto forums. This site have one.
I really doubt you can call Naruto a war though, it's more like a ninja raid with zombies, but whatever.

Sorry, but in the end I think its just people opinions. I really hate where Naruto is going now but that is my personal opinion, so uh, we can't compare stuffs like that.

Excuse me?? like you're not a fanboy either. Ok, lemme ask you your favourite manga. Could you point out its good points AND bad points?? everyone is a fanboy here, when they get to the subject of favourite manga and people questioned it, would YOU be willing to also point out its bad points?? NOPE. Everybody here is the same. It's all about bias, really. I may be biased towards Naruto, but I can also see things objectively.

Naruto has its good points where the fights are fought with using tactics, its realism, and great character developments.

Its bad points is how the main character acts, his naivety, and sometimes the story's over the top dramas. Not only that, Sometimes it can be unoriginal, as the case with zombies. Also, I will add the plotholes Kishi likes to make a lot of times.

There you have it, but even then I still enjoy it because apparently, in terms of long-run development, it does very well.

As for my post, I disagreed with M3J because he was clearly judging the war too quick. I mean, come on, who ever heard of an arc being judged just by its first 5 chapters??

Asarii
December 29, 2010, 04:49 PM
Please do not call each other or anyone else "fanboys". Drop the subject or else I will delete any off-topic posts afterwards.

M3J
December 29, 2010, 04:52 PM
Okay, I agree, I was judging the war too quickly, but early stages can show how the war might turn out. Kankurou vs. Sasori fight was horrible, though Kakashi vs. Zabuza is looking to be interesting.

ashher
December 30, 2010, 11:01 AM
I confess i find FT much more sexy than most of the hentais out there... :p

Googlez_kun
December 30, 2010, 11:20 AM

You just confessed that you read hentais:hurr

FT do is quite sexy,but i never found a liking in the art.People often compare it to OP's art,but frankly speaking,i think FT's art is worse.(Not that OP has bad art.)

and i heard that the story is even more bland.I think i read 3 or 4 volumes,but i didn't really get attached to it.

R4n
December 30, 2010, 11:54 AM
- i find it impolite when people bash the quality of scans of a scanlation group. i mean, they all doing it voluntary and for free, why can't people just be grateful? :(

- Bashing characters is not okay in my book. Bashing characters in a long writing people label 'essay' or 'academic writing' is even more disgusting.

naruto-niichan
December 30, 2010, 05:39 PM
What i dislike about most of my favourite manga is the art.Naruto,D.Gray-man,Bakuman all had amazing art.Naruto had an awesome style back then and Kishimoto was improving with every volume.But in part 2 he started to get lazier and gives us some half-assed and stiff art.It could have so dazzling art it's not even funny.Kishimoto himself is such a great artist.Just look at that colorspread where he drew Naruto,Sakura and Sasuke in a realistic style.It was stunning to say the least.But he is so lazy.>__>
As for D.Gray-Man,i guess the style is still alright,but the quality decreased.It used to have wonderful artwork,but now everyone is suddenly chubby and everything looks kinda weird.
And Bakuman....do i have to say anything?Look at the first chapters and at Obata's earlier works and compare it to today's art.You'll know what i mean.

Tbh, I never thought any of these are inferior to their prior drawing style and I never liked all these talks about the drawings getting bad. Art changes and something unusual often looks bad at first sight. Hoshino (D.Gray-man) is trying out different drawing styles, aside from that, she had some serious health problems. Ohba changed his drawing style more than one time, I think he's just experimenting like Hoshino. Personally, I prefer evolution over standstill even though I may not always like it. In the majority of cases, it's a sign that the mangaka tries something new.
And please do not say that Kishimoto is lazy if you haven't any specific evidence. It's easy but unfair to judge someone without knowing the background.

Newkerzy
December 30, 2010, 10:27 PM

Yup.And still hoping for goth-loli Erza H-doujins out there.:p

Asarii
December 30, 2010, 10:35 PM
And please do not say that Kishimoto is lazy if you haven't any specific evidence. It's easy but unfair to judge someone without knowing the background.
It's okay to not like a manga's art/plot/characters/whatever, but I also don't think it's very kind to insult the author when we're not sure what s/he was doing when they were working on it. They do have personal lives after all.[hr]
Semi-related: I don't understand the complaints about ONE PIECE's art. What I like about it is that it's fun and has a unique style that's different from any other manga. (Yes, I'm aware of Fairy Tail but I see them as being completely different.)

What I like about Shiki (the manga) was its harsh use of contrast, and I think the creepy atmosphere got lost when it became an anime. :/ Perhaps.

Newkerzy
December 30, 2010, 10:46 PM
Well, if I had to say why I don't find OP's art interesting, I'd say it's because Oda sometimes draws too many things at once. Therefore, it sometimes get hard to see what's happening in the picture. Another thing is, Oda's toning feels a bit darker compared to most mainstream manga. Although it is a plus since it kinda breaks the norm.

Asarii
December 30, 2010, 11:26 PM
You made a valid point Newkerzy, and I really like that. :) I don't mind if a person doesn't like something but to simply say it's "not good" when art is subjective and has no best/worst is something I'm :/ about.

naruto-niichan
December 31, 2010, 09:20 AM
Semi-related: I don't understand the complaints about ONE PIECE's art. What I like about it is that it's fun and has a unique style that's different from any other manga. (Yes, I'm aware of Fairy Tail but I see them as being completely different.)

What I like about Shiki (the manga) was its harsh use of contrast, and I think the creepy atmosphere got lost when it became an anime. :/ Perhaps.

I'm not sure either but I do know some people who don't want to read it because of the art. One said it's too childish or ridicoulus sometimes but most of them didn't even have a specific reason. Just as you said, Oda has a unique art style, which may not be appeal to everyone. Nevertheless I never understand why someone wouldn't try a manga because of the art. Sure it's important but I think it's the story which makes a manga. For example I never really liked the art in FMA but the story is just epic, you have to love it.

As for Shiki, I thought the anime do has a creepy atmosphere and did a great job delivering that. Do you watch it?

Googlez_kun
December 31, 2010, 10:01 AM
Tbh, I never thought any of these are inferior to their prior drawing style and I never liked all these talks about the drawings getting bad. Art changes and something unusual often looks bad at first sight. Hoshino (D.Gray-man) is trying out different drawing styles, aside from that, she had some serious health problems. Ohba changed his drawing style more than one time, I think he's just experimenting like Hoshino. Personally, I prefer evolution over standstill even though I may not always like it. In the majority of cases, it's a sign that the mangaka tries something new.

It's okay to not like a manga's art/plot/characters/whatever, but I also don't think it's very kind to insult the author when we're not sure what s/he was doing when they were working on it. They do have personal lives after all.
I'm sorry for sounding so negative.I mean,i'm all for Hoshino experimenting with her style,so even though i don't really like the current style,i am fine with it because i see a lot of effort behind it.In Naruto's case it's a bit different.It was wrong to state that Kishimoto is lazy(even though he stated so himself:XD),but i get the feeling that he is lazy.After seeing double-spreads like this (http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/377/2) and the fresh,varied and dynamic art of part 1,the current art style seems half-assed,or more like lazy.Don't get me wrong,i still love the art in Naruto,especially when i see pages like this (http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/518/12),but it could be sooo much better.
I nearly agree about everything,but Bakuman.The art in the beginning was great.It was fitting the rather serious tone of the manga and the manga they were drawing.So the drawings were rather realistic (DN-style).Then,Ashirogi Muto made a gag-manga,thus the art style changed into a more light-hearted and silly one.So when the gag-manga ended,i expected another art change,but it stayed the same,more like,it became rather weird.It does not look like Obata at all,and i don't mean it in a good way.On 2ch they are even speculating that Obata quit drawing the manga and that Ohba is drawing it now.And judging by the storyboards they show in each volume,it seems to be true.

I don't get it either.If i learned one thing in Bakuman,it is that the art has to fit the plot and the characters.And the art in OP is the best you can use for that kind of story.It fits perfectly.Imagine Inoue(Slam Dunk,Vagabond,REAL) drawing OP.That would be a disaster.

Newkerzy
January 01, 2011, 05:56 AM
Well, even Dragon Ball was still better in art IMO. And it was an adventure comedy type with lots of fighting, too. But then again Oda seriously can't compare to the godfather of modern shonen manga, so it's kind of an unfair comparison.

ashher
January 01, 2011, 01:14 PM
you just confessed that you read hentais Hey in my book, NOT reading hentai counts as a confessionable thingy,not the other way around :p. But if you want, i can 'confess' more about this, even giving out the list of my beloved hentais... :p.
[hr]
@Googlez again...don't you even dare say THE INOUE wouldn't know how to draw fittingly FOR ANY MANGA, let alone OP.I know i've voted for Nehei, (eh...the guy who drew blame!...don't know if i got the name right)...but when it comes to coming up with a fitting style, no one can compare to the versatility of inoue.

Kaiten
January 01, 2011, 01:27 PM
I think what he is saying is that Oda's art style, a mix of Hanna Barbara and Dr. Slump, fits the story so well that it would be hard to imagine another artist doing it as well. It's not that Inoue wouldn't know how to draw OP but if he did he would not necessarily improve on what Oda does. I'm going to stop because this is turning into the One Piece fan vs. non OP fan thread and that is very dreary, very off topic, and ruining a great thread ;)

I confess that I barely read mainstream manga anymore. Everything I read is either old or from an alternative anthology like Comic Beam, IKKI, or Manga Erotics. Everyone calls my taste weird but I love unique manga that break stereotypes.

ashher
January 01, 2011, 01:47 PM
@ The Other Guys Who Are Nagging My Little Bro Googlez...he has got every right to say kishi is lazy. And we should all have the right to bash mangakas, mangas, characters, everything. Down with political correctness. Only time i would advocate for all this respecting others shit is when it really matters/counts. I always thought that those who try to appear 'fair' at all times are usually the ones with the real issues. BTW i personally like the overall naruto part 2 style. It trumps the old style in clarity. The lines are so much more well defined, and the overall simplistic appearance is a huge plus. Only thing i miss is the shades from part1...but recently kishi is using it again :D. And you can see how great it becomes when you just add that little trick with the current style.
<hr noshade size="1">
@kaiten confess a bit more...give us the names of the weird mangas that you read...P.S. I was more fanboying about inoue than bashing/criticizing op/oda, so no need to take it as a OP vs non OP.

Asarii
January 01, 2011, 02:48 PM
I confess that I barely read mainstream manga anymore. Everything I read is either old or from an alternative anthology like Comic Beam, IKKI, or Manga Erotics. Everyone calls my taste weird but I love unique manga that break stereotypes.
I'm curious to hear what kind of stereotypes you're not fond of. Don't worry, it's the confessional thread so anything goes!

Nevertheless I never understand why someone wouldn't try a manga because of the art. Sure it's important but I think it's the story which makes a manga. For example I never really liked the art in FMA but the story is just epic, you have to love it.

As for Shiki, I thought the anime do has a creepy atmosphere and did a great job delivering that. Do you watch it?
As long as the art fits the story, I'm all good. :) I'm not a huge fan of art in Western comic books for example, but the stories make up for it. Most of the information comes from the dialogue anyway.

Sadly I haven't. Although I don't like judging things before trying, I admit I tend to do it myself. That's my other confession I'll talk about in a little bit.

I don't get it either.If i learned one thing in Bakuman,it is that the art has to fit the plot and the characters.And the art in OP is the best you can use for that kind of story.It fits perfectly.Imagine Inoue(Slam Dunk,Vagabond,REAL) drawing OP.That would be a disaster.
It would be indeed be really weird if OP had a more "realistic" art style. The fun, adventurous atmosphere just wouldn't be the same.

Also no worries about how you feel about the current state of the mangaka's art. :) You stated your reasons well, and I apologize for thinking you were being overly harsh.[hr]
My other confession is that I judge a work before trying even though that's also one of my pet peeves. LOL I had doubts about Naruto, Sket Dance (!) and many others before reading but then I end up loving them all. Now I'm neutral towards everything.

naruto-niichan
January 01, 2011, 03:09 PM
In Naruto's case it's a bit different.It was wrong to state that Kishimoto is lazy(even though he stated so himself:XD),but i get the feeling that he is lazy.After seeing double-spreads like this (http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/377/2) and the fresh,varied and dynamic art of part 1,the current art style seems half-assed,or more like lazy.Don't get me wrong,i still love the art in Naruto,especially when i see pages like this (http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/518/12),but it could be sooo much better.
I nearly agree about everything,but Bakuman.The art in the beginning was great.It was fitting the rather serious tone of the manga and the manga they were drawing.So the drawings were rather realistic (DN-style).Then,Ashirogi Muto made a gag-manga,thus the art style changed into a more light-hearted and silly one.So when the gag-manga ended,i expected another art change,but it stayed the same,more like,it became rather weird.It does not look like Obata at all,and i don't mean it in a good way.On 2ch they are even speculating that Obata quit drawing the manga and that Ohba is drawing it now.And judging by the storyboards they show in each volume,it seems to be true.

Well I do agree but I can't imagine that Kishi is too lazy to give it his all. I think he does take his work serious, but that's just my personal feeling. Nevertheless thanks for clearing, I do understand your point now googlez ;) Could you be a bit more specific regarding the storyboards? I cannot believe that Ohba is doing everything on his own now :blink

Sadly I haven't. Although I don't like judging things before trying, I admit I tend to do it myself. That's my other confession I'll talk about in a little bit.
My other confession is that I judge a work before trying even though that's also one of my pet peeves. LOL I had doubts about Naruto, Sket Dance (!) and many others before reading but then I end up loving them all. Now I'm neutral towards everything.

That's good to hear but I think it's nearly impossible to be neutral. As you said, there are always thinks you are sceptical about and in a way, it's sometimes even better to be positively surprised :) but who am I talking to, you love every forum member equally, so you should be able to be neutral with mangas :p

Give the shiki anime a try, I'm sure you will like it!

Googlez_kun
January 01, 2011, 04:23 PM
Usually,i don't judge a manga by its art.I don't mind if its art is plain or amazing(well,i still love manga with amazing art:p) as long as i like the story.
But i have to confess that there is one manga i actually stopped reading because of the art and that would be Ao no Ekusoshisuto.Some of you are probably surprised,but the style of this manga just pains my heart.When i look at it,it's as if someone would stab my eyes.It's terrible.I can't help it.

Well I do agree but I can't imagine that Kishi is too lazy to give it his all. I think he does take his work serious, but that's just my personal feeling. Nevertheless thanks for clearing, I do understand your point now googlez ;) Could you be a bit more specific regarding the storyboards? I cannot believe that Ohba is doing everything on his own now :blink

Well,he's not that lazy,i mean,i still like his art.I only feel that he could actually do more.As ashher mentioned above,one example would be the shades.Whatever:XD

About the storyboards,in every volume after every chapter they show storyboards.First they show Ohba's storyboard for two pages,which is similiar to the ones Takagi used to do(very simple drawings with the text).Then they show Obata's storyboard of those two pages,which are similiar to Saiko's (obviously).They are very detailed and look nearly like the finished product(which is also shown at the bottom).
Here is one from the first chapter:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8862/01064i.jpg
And here is one from volume 9(don't know what chapter exactly):
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1906/image170d.jpg
See for yourself,the difference is huge.I don't know if Ohba is actually drawing the manga now,but it seems like a different artist and not Obata.The style is totally different,it's nothing like him anymore.At least in my eyes.

Roflkopt3r
January 03, 2011, 02:35 PM
Once again I just noticed that I seem to have to see the protagonist getting crushed by weakness and depression before I can start liking a manga.
There are quite some manga out there where a protagonist appears super strong in the beginning, and then becomes rattled by weaknesses and anxiety at some point (for some reason that often happens between chapter 30 and 40 in Seinen :amuse). And that's the point where I really start liking the story.

Ok, it's not necessarily that way. Some are just likeable right off the bat or too cool to dislike them (category 1: Nonomiya of Nononono. category 2: Gatsu of Berserk). But many seem just too boring when they're on top of everything and first have to crush down :p
But for more cases than not, that rule applies for me.

Perhaps, that's the reason why I turned to Seinen and why I specifically disliked OP and Bleach. OP/Bleach follow exactly that pattern I mentioned, with a ridiculously strong protagonist at the beginning, who first have to learn what it means to lose. However, Bleach got lost in endless, meaningless fights. And OP is just too naive to display a real, serious crisis for a person like Luffy.
Maybe that's the reason why I was attracted by Naruto in the first place (apart from it beeing the first anime I had seen in a long long time), as Naruto follows a different path. A dropout full of weaknesses climbing up the ladder... and now it became boring to me, as there are too few weaknesses left in most characters :p

k-dom
January 03, 2011, 03:21 PM
Actually One Piece did have it, but in chapter 589 instead of chapter 30 :-)
http://i15.mangareader.net/one-piece/589/one-piece-1409106.jpg

M3J
January 04, 2011, 01:55 AM
Did I mention I'm a sucker for good/great romance, especially where the female lead is shy and/or innocent, as well as funny? It's mainly why I like Hapi Mari and liked Love Celeb, as well as Ren-Ai Shoujo or something (Blai'd remember the name).

Zeltrax
January 04, 2011, 07:03 AM
I confess. I just started watching the new Pokemon season.

I never thought I'll like it, but now I love it. I actually love the Pokemon anime, and really enjoying it.
Now I'm saving for 3ds just for the sake of playing black and white.
I love animes like Pokemon, makes me sit back and go back to being a kid.

Newkerzy
January 04, 2011, 07:22 AM
Really!!?? sounds nice for you, but I'd still want want a Pokemon special anime.

Zeltrax
January 05, 2011, 04:32 AM
Really!!?? sounds nice for you, but I'd still want want a Pokemon special anime.

Pokemon Special? You meant the manga Pokemon Adventures, the awesome pokemon manga.
If you're talking about that, I've visualize it becoming an anime along time now..but unfortunately it will never happen :(

Crude
January 05, 2011, 10:22 AM
I heard that Pokémon Best Wishes is pretty good actually. In fact, I might just watch it :D!

Zeltrax
January 06, 2011, 02:26 AM
I heard that Pokémon Best Wishes is pretty good actually. In fact, I might just watch it :D!

It's good, and it's a pretty nice series for you to just sit back forget about the world and enjoying watching!

Team Rocket is cooler, Ash is actually kindda cool and then the person who voiced Star Driver's Takuto is voicing Dent who replaces Brook. I don't know why but Black and White feels very fresh.

naruto-niichan
January 06, 2011, 03:47 PM
Usually,i don't judge a manga by its art.I don't mind if its art is plain or amazing(well,i still love manga with amazing art:p) as long as i like the story.
But i have to confess that there is one manga i actually stopped reading because of the art and that would be Ao no Ekusoshisuto.Some of you are probably surprised,but the style of this manga just pains my heart.When i look at it,it's as if someone would stab my eyes.It's terrible.I can't help it.

Well,he's not that lazy,i mean,i still like his art.I only feel that he could actually do more.As ashher mentioned above,one example would be the shades.Whatever:XD

About the storyboards,in every volume after every chapter they show storyboards.First they show Ohba's storyboard for two pages,which is similiar to the ones Takagi used to do(very simple drawings with the text).Then they show Obata's storyboard of those two pages,which are similiar to Saiko's (obviously).They are very detailed and look nearly like the finished product(which is also shown at the bottom).
Here is one from the first chapter:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8862/01064i.jpg
And here is one from volume 9(don't know what chapter exactly):
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1906/image170d.jpg
See for yourself,the difference is huge.I don't know if Ohba is actually drawing the manga now,but it seems like a different artist and not Obata.The style is totally different,it's nothing like him anymore.At least in my eyes.

You dislike the Art in Ao no Exorcist? That's quite surprising as I think the art is good and enjoyable. What do you dislike about the art?

As for Kishimoto, it's all speculation, maybe he wants the art to be as it is now but you could be right. Nevertheless I think he does a good a job, there's always room to improve.

Thanks for clarification regarding Bakuman, I haven't seen the storyboards so far. Still I can't imagine another artist or Ohba himself is doing the drawings now. I couldn't even imagine a reason why they should have switched the artist. As for me, I think the art is still good even though it has changed a lot. You have quite a high standard if you think that the drawings in Bakuman are "bad" :p

R4n
January 08, 2011, 11:04 AM
whether the art of a manga is 'bad' or 'good' partly depends on taste. This kind of talk usually goes nowhere. =___=;;

For example: I love 70s mangas but a lot of people are saying 'the art is bad' only because they are not used to the style. In this kind of situation, I would rather say 'the art does not suit my taste' instead of 'bad art', because i feel that the latter can be rather insulting and overgeneralizing.

I would say the art is 'bad' when it does not communicate effectively (ie. confusing paneling, unclear composition, breaking the 180 degree rules, breaking the flow, etc)

Regarding Bakuman's 'bad art', it actually looks so much better on paper than on screen, so yeah...
And i will NOT say Bakuman's art is 'bad', because it actually tells the story effectively. Yes it is simple, yes i can see why people are disappointed because Obata's art in Deathnote is more detailed, but definitely the art is not 'bad'.

destiny4ever
February 19, 2011, 11:34 PM
If it wasn’t for the fact I was already spoiled about what is going to happen between Shota and Sawako I mean Sawako finally clearing up all the misunderstandings by confessing to Shota and the fact they do become a couple I confess I would have started to seriously consider dropping Kimi ni Todoke (the anime). All the misunderstandings between Sawako and Shota have become pretty frustrating. http://www.laymark.com/i/o/28.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

M3J
February 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
I knew the anime would have fillers! :yelling How long have the misunderstandings been going on?

Though, you can't really blame the anime when the manga releases monthly.

destiny4ever
February 19, 2011, 11:57 PM
I knew the anime would have fillers! :yelling
Fillers? http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m190.gif (http://www.laymark.com) No, there haven’t been any fillers so far…

How long have the misunderstandings been going on?
The misunderstandings are all canon and they have been going on for the same time they did in the manga.

Though, you can't really blame the anime when the manga releases monthly.
No fillers, so there is nothing to blame for. :)

M3J
February 20, 2011, 12:24 AM
Oh, kk. :sweat

Do the new episodes air weekly or do they make each chapter = an episode skillfully?

destiny4ever
February 20, 2011, 12:37 AM
Do the new episodes air weekly or do they make each chapter = an episode skillfully?
Each week we have a new episode, and I think (but I'm not 100% sure) each chapter = an episode…at least so far I do think each episode has been the adaptation of one whole chapter. Although, I did notice they have made some minor alterations here and there...

saladesu
February 20, 2011, 09:48 AM
Gotta agree it was frustrating :XD But this being shoujo manga, you technically already know that they will end up together eventually. The operative word, of course, is "eventually". It did take nearly 40 chapters to get to the point you mentioned - imagine, for readers reading every month since the start that would be 3 years! :o

I think I felt the same with the Hanadan dorama too :amuse I'm sure most romance stories are like this as well. With KimiTodo the situation is probably exacerbated by Sawako's lack of knowledge/experience with expressing herself and with other people expressing themselves to her in a not-so-direct way. As frustrating as it is, it also motivated me to read the next chapter. I'd be screaming in my head, "NOOO!! Hurry and confess!!!!" and then I'd want to read the next chapter to find out if s/he did :XD

destiny4ever
February 24, 2011, 09:38 PM
I confess that I’m thrilled http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m121.gif (http://www.laymark.com) after reading the latest Bleach chapters. Why? Because it seems like Rukia and the rest of the shinigamis, but especially Rukia will be back soon!! :) I have been dealing with Rukia and IchiRuki withdrawals for some weeks, so I was super happy after finding some IchiRuki bits in the latest chapters and, what is most, the possibility of Rukia returning to Ichigo’s side in a very near future. ^_^

saladesu
February 24, 2011, 11:15 PM
I totally agree, Destiny :D I found a lot of the latest chapters pretty lame/laughable for the most part (they had their redeeming parts, though). But the thought of Rukia (and the rest of the Gotei 13) returning has me really excited :zomg

Speaking of Bleach... Most people like Orihime but I don't. I think a big reason is the fact that she "usurped" Rukia's position as the "female lead" of Bleach. I guess it's more of a bias than anything else :p

destiny4ever
February 24, 2011, 11:23 PM
I totally agree, Destiny :D I found a lot of the latest chapters pretty lame/laughable for the most part (they had their redeeming parts, though). But the thought of Rukia (and the rest of the Gotei 13) returning has me really excited :zomg

Speaking of Bleach... Most people like Orihime but I don't. I think a big reason is the fact tha. I guess it's more of a bias than anything else :p

I’m a huge Rukia fan!! I <3 Rukia, she is great!!!! :wtf Just like Ichigo, I’ve been missing her quite a bit.

I don’t hate Orihime, but ….well…I don’t like her either, especially after the HM arc. I didn’t like how her character “developed” during that arc. And I’m going to pretend I didn’t read this part *Destiny covers her eyes http://www.laymark.com/i/b/b15.gif (http://www.laymark.com) *
she "usurped" Rukia's position as the "female lead" of Bleach Since Rukia was, is and will always be Bleach’s leading lady. ;) And :hi5 fellow Rukia fan…and ichiruki fan?

Zeltrax
March 02, 2011, 05:44 AM
Uh should I put this in spoiler to join in the discussion :o ?

I like Rukia too, more like, I love her personality and how she was the one that kick'd ichigo back to his senses back then, that was one of my favorite scene of them! To me Ichigo and Rukia is always like this:
:smack
With rukia doing the smacking ;). My fav male character is Kenpachi but my fav female goes to Rukia with Senna being a close second. I guess I like her more than Orihime too, I think she is far more a developed character and is emotionally and mentally stronger than most people in the show.
The last scene in the arrancar arc made me love the entire chapter, the Ichigo and Rukia moment felt really good!
But but! The anime had to remove/postpone that :cussing
And ichigo was so cool when rescuing Rukia, that was his coolest moment for me in the entire manga ;).

destiny4ever
March 02, 2011, 11:21 PM
Uh should I put this in spoiler to join in the discussion :o ?
Yay!! Zeltrax joined the discussion! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m121.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I like Rukia too, more like, I love her personality and how she was the one that kick'd ichigo back to his senses back then, that was one of my favorite scene of them!

Are you a fellow Ichiruki fan, Zeltrax? :wtf

I like her personality too, and the kick scene was great!! However, my favorite scene of that episode/chapter is: This ( http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/Syneiam/manga-rainbleach-ch196-14.png) and this. ( http://media.photobucket.com/image/Rukia%20chapter%20196/Syneiam/manga-rainbleach-ch196-15.png)http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m054.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

My fav male character is Kenpachi but my fav female goes to Rukia with Senna being a close second.
Kenpachi is great. :cool: I like him very much, he is among my favorite Bleach Captains.

I guess I like her more than Orihime too, I think she is far more a developed character and is emotionally and mentally stronger than most people in the show.
ITA. :)

The last scene in the arrancar arc made me love the entire chapter, the Ichigo and Rukia moment felt really good!
Loved that scene!!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com) One of my favorite IchiRuki ( http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/285/a/0/bleach_423__farewell__rukia_ii_by_aries95a-d30kmng.png) (spoiler) scenes. I would love a sig with that moment!!

But but! The anime had to remove/postpone that :cussing
Something similar happen after Ichigo finished fighting Grimmjow, they altered the scene. But later on when the canon episodes returned they fixed that scene, so I have faith that the anime team will fix that scene once the canon eps return. :)

And ichigo was so cool when rescuing Rukia, that was his coolest moment for me in the entire manga ;).

I completely agree. Ichigo looked so cool during that scene ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUdje4uhe_w&feature=related) (spoiler) http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m016.gif (http://www.laymark.com) And I like how that isn’t the only time when Ichigo has saved/protected/rescued Rukia. ;)

Zeltrax
March 05, 2011, 12:15 PM
Are you a fellow Ichiruki fan, Zeltrax?
Always, and always will be.
I love the two of them together so much especially during early Bleach :amuse

I like her personality too, and the kick scene was great!! However, my favorite scene of that episode/chapter is: This and this.

Oh oh, that's a great scene too! There's a lot of comedy scenes with the two of them that are too in Bleach :). Just seeing them together is a plus for me.

Loved that scene!!! One of my favorite IchiRuki (spoiler) scenes. I would love a sig with that moment!!
& I would love to try making one...which I just did.
Here: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/Sensorhawk/thisisfarewellbyerukia.png

I can't believe I hadn't made one for so long :darn. I know it's not such a good job since I'm new in the siggy business, but I'm still learning :tem. I made that when listening to the latest bleach opening..it gave me the right mood.
I don't know, maybe I shouldn't put the lights in the middle..or should I? Anyway not to go off topic, you can always join all of us at this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68052) whenever you want! Oh and do vote for the sig contest, there's a lot of awesome artists in this forum :)

But later on when the canon episodes returned they fixed that scene, so I have faith that the anime team will fix that scene once the canon eps return.
Okay, I'll try to have some faith in them too. It's just that I feel that the impact won't be that great unless handle well. Hopefully they'll handle it well ;)

I completely agree. Ichigo looked so cool during that scene (spoiler) And I like how that isn’t the only time when Ichigo has saved/protected/rescued Rukia

Yep, the most recent one being the one with yammy, that was short but really cool of him and I also like how he
"copied" what Rukia told him a long time ago back at the cemetery and told it to his dad :eyeroll.

Charlie
March 05, 2011, 01:22 PM
My Response after finding out Sala & Des chan don't have strong likes for Orihme from BREACH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyltK6pmJGg

I confess that I want to see more Korean comics become anime.
Recently started to watch Freezing by Dall-Young Lim.

I confess that I hope more of his works get animated.

M3J
March 05, 2011, 09:52 PM
Freezing is good, right? I found both main leads' relationship with each other to be cute. :3

Charlie
March 05, 2011, 10:07 PM
Freezing is good, right? I found both main leads' relationship with each other to be cute. :3

Yeah but the main character follows the main naive shonen thing. Which can be annoying at times.
The anime so far has been good but it most likely will have an original ending. I think its only slated for 12 eps.

I really would have preferred if Aflame Inferno was the one that got animated. Manhwa by the same author.

The only difference is that Freezing manga is published in Japan.

Edit: Not the "only" difference between them lol.

M3J
March 05, 2011, 10:14 PM
I have read at least three manga like that, but it's also a bit different because of Bridget and her personality. No one is as cold or distant as she is, if I recall right, but the way she opens up to main character is pretty cool to see.

destiny4ever
March 06, 2011, 12:11 AM
Always, and always will be.
I love the two of them together so much especially during early Bleach :amuse
Yay!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m207.gif (http://www.laymark.com) :hi5 fellow Ichiruki fan! And it was their early interactions in Bleach that made me fall for this pairing. Although, I must admit I do like Renji’s one-sided love for Rukia :)

Just seeing them together is a plus for me.
QFT!! I feel the same way. ^_^ I had stopped reading the manga but as soon as I found out there were some Ichiruki moments in the latest chapters I caught up with the manga right away, and I must say I sure loved the Ichiruki moments in the latest chapters :wtf and I so hope this means we’ll get to see Rukia soon. I wonder if she has long hair now…

Here:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/Sensorhawk/thisisfarewellbyerukia.png
I love it!!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com)
Is it MH safe? Because if it is… http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m003.gif (http://www.laymark.com) May I please have the honor of using it as my new sig?

I know it's not such a good job since I'm new in the siggy business, but I'm still learning :tem.
Maybe I’m biased but I thought it was an awesome sig. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m054.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I made that when listening to the latest bleach opening..it gave me the right mood.
I haven’t watched the anime in ….months…what is the latest bleach OP?

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't put the lights in the middle..or should I?
The lights are perfect IMHO. It gives the scene a….more romantic/bittersweet feeling.

Anyway not to go off topic, you can always join all of us at this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68052) whenever you want! Oh and do vote for the sig contest, there's a lot of awesome artists in this forum :)
Thank you for the link, Zeltrax! :) I’m a bit of a lurker in that part of MH, and I’ve voted in some sig contest, but I’ll try to post more in that thread from now on. ^_^

Hopefully they'll handle it well ;)
I hope for that as well. :)

Yep, the most recent one being the one with yammy, that was short but really cool of him and I also like how he ....
As I said I haven’t watched the anime in quite a bit so I haven’t watched those scenes…do you remember what episodes those scenes are shown? And I totally agree with you, those scenes are amazing! http://www.laymark.com/i/o/63.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Newkerzy
March 06, 2011, 12:30 AM
QFT!! I feel the same way. ^_^ I had stopped reading the manga but as soon as I found out there were some Ichiruki moments in the latest chapters I caught up with the manga right away, and I must say I sure loved the Ichiruki moments in the latest chapters :wtf and I so hope this means we’ll get to see Rukia soon. I wonder if she has long hair now…

Rukia post time skip design speculations:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/363/6/4/bleach__hair_speculations_by_fanartist-d35zl5f.png

I like #1 personally. It's really simple.

destiny4ever
March 06, 2011, 12:38 AM
My Response after finding out Sala & Des chan don't have strong likes for Orihme from BREACH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyltK6pmJGg
My Response after finding out Charlie is an Orihime fan:

http://www.laymark.com/i/o/60.gif (http://www.laymark.com) Charlie, have a safe trip home.

And this kind of reminds me of the Keifer x Ryner vs. Ferris x Ryner discussion in the LOTLH thread :XD

I confess that I want to see more Korean comics become anime.
Recently started to watch Freezing by Dall-Young Lim.

I confess that I hope more of his works get animated.
How good of an anime is Freezing?
[hr]

Rukia post time skip design speculations:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/363/6/4/bleach__hair_speculations_by_fanartist-d35zl5f.png

I like #1 personally. It's really simple.
Thank you for that fanart, Newkerzy! It is priceless! :D And I like # 1 as well. And this reminds me… I don’t remember if it was a fanart or an anime original pic, but I remember a pic of Rukia with long hair and she looked really pretty in said pic…I’m going to try and find that pic…

Charlie
March 06, 2011, 12:48 AM
@ Des: hard to say, its a bit of fan service + Action battles + Romance related.
I think its pretty entertaining and one of the better series out there this season.

M3J
March 06, 2011, 12:51 AM
The manga/manhua/manwha/man-something is definitely good, in my opinion anyway. There are mostly females fighting. I have read some critiques that say the story's slow, but this was months and months ago. It's definitely picked up, and I'm hoping the anime follows the man-something.

Zeltrax
March 06, 2011, 01:02 AM
Yay!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m207.gif (http://www.laymark.com) :hi5 fellow Ichiruki fan! And it was their early interactions in Bleach that made me fall for this pairing. Although, I must admit I do like Renji’s one-sided love for Rukia :)
I'll admit that too, I used to like Renji alot, I think it has more to do with his bankai than one sided love though. Always loved dragons :darn

Oh you mean the phone call? I can't wait/want kubo to follow that one up so much, as much as I am looking to Rukia's new design, I'm also looking to more interactions :eyeroll

Here:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/Sensorhawk/thisisfarewellbyerukia.png
I love it!!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com)
Is it MH safe? Because if it is… http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m003.gif (http://www.laymark.com) May I please have the honor of using it as my new sig?

Maybe I’m biased but I thought it was an awesome sig. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m054.gif (http://www.laymark.com)
Thank you :o and Really?! It's my honor if you can :D and of course it is mh safe! You can use it whenever you want to :tem

I haven’t watched the anime in ….months…what is the latest bleach OP?

I'm sorry! I typed the wrong thing. I was listening to the ending not opening :darn
It's mirrored due to copyright but here it is here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h46PZ8FTLI)and here(full ver) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VjFGycePTw). The ending totally gives me the Ichiruki vibes~

The lights are perfect IMHO. It gives the scene a….more romantic/bittersweet feeling.
I think so too, it's not perfect but I'll work on it!

Thank you for the link, Zeltrax! :) I’m a bit of a lurker in that part of MH, and I’ve voted in some sig contest, but I’ll try to post more in that thread from now on. ^_^

I hope for that as well. :)
It's great place for a beginner sig maker like me and it's enjoyable there ;). Thank you for voting for the sigs !

As I said I haven’t watched the anime in quite a bit so I haven’t watched those scenes…do you remember what episodes those scenes are shown? And I totally agree with you, those scenes are amazing! http://www.laymark.com/i/o/63.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

It took me sometime but here is it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2u849HF9Yk), ichigo stepping before rukia, it was short and doesn't really give off any romantic vibes, but it's cool to see him saving rukia again. It's episode 286 and for that speech part it's episode 296, and it's this page (http://www.mangareader.net/94-49861-10/bleach/chapter-398.html).
I'm sorry destiny, I can't find the first time rukia said it to ichigo :(
my connection is kindda crappy now but I remember it was during the fight with the grand fisher/when ichigo visits his mother :)!

it goes like this "...If I ask, will you answer? ...It's your problem. A deep, deep problem. I have no right to know. I don't have a method of stepping into the depths of your heart without getting it dirty. So I'll wait. When you want to talk, when you think it's okay to talk... Talk to me. Until that time, I'll wait." ."
Edit: I found it, here! (http://www.mangareader.net/94-474-11/bleach/chapter-20.html)

Schabrak
March 06, 2011, 12:08 PM
Took a trip through every post, so here it is in random order.^^

thornofcarrion
Tenjou Tenge's ending was a spit on the whole manga. Yeah his priority was 99% on Air Gear, but that didn't mean, that he to destroy his own work for it. The one that makes a big part of his current followers.

Roflkopt3r
On Naruto, that wouldn't be too seinen, but simply =!= not SWJ.^^ Your idea might have worked with the series motto of "New generation > old", but you very well know that fan-service characters as Kakashi or Gaara never had a chance to die.

Teeba
Oh noes, Ubel Blatt is on hiatus, that just highened the chance that I will never beginn to follow the manga again anymore. For reference I'm at vol 5/chapter 45.

Newkerzy
There aren't just fanboys defending certain things forever. Accepting contra points are discuss own pros is no nebula to some.:P

+Naruto: Some have pointed out the unoriginality of the ET zombies, I would rather ask:How did Madara plan to win with those useless clones, those not evolved through Kabuto? Seemed like hopeless case. Back to the zombies. They were the only option to bring some strong people into the battle without creating new ones, who haven't been mentioned or acted at all in the past. Would anyone like to read 20 chapters full of characters fight against the same enemy/Zetsu?

One Piece:
Oda's drawing style is worse than Toriyamas? Luckily that's just your personal op. Both have grown, but Akira came to a standstill. Most of his newer creations for DQ look to similar. Comparable to Tite's problem with his similar looking faces.
Even as a hardcore fan of OP, there's a thing I dislike in the latest chapters. It looks so planed and fast paced. Oda did admit and hopefully many already knew that he was just drawing a lot of things as he's at a certain page/chapter, unlike Inoue who's got his pages planed. [Not to be confused with Eiichiros long term plan for the manga.] I got no problem with the mass of info in each and every chapter now, since there was much to explain too, but it seems like we miss out of a lot of things in the process too. Looks like he set himself a limit of when he plan to finish a certain arc, not to idle to much anymore, I liked that aspect of him. :D

Bleach: Tite would never kill of chracters, that's the way the manga goes, so seeing the whole of SS come back was never a question for me, as soon as we got info, that it wouldn't end with that "look into the future" chapter.

R4n
Yeah, manga as well as anime are just two forms of art, just as comics are. They allow the creater to convey their stories, even if at times they are just a way to increase their wealth and income.^^ It's more about opinions of realistic or less realistic drawings. One Piece at first was easily comparable to Dr.Slump with it's easy-going style, but with a maturing plot and character came a more refined one. Some say it's comedical, but well, those characters are just that big, characters in OP don't have a norm, Oda just like some gigantic characters.^^

I love 80s/early 90s anime! Who could ever dislike self-drawn cells? Seeing those being moved on the screen makes me feel warm and let me remember my childhood with all those great works.

My capacitiy for fan-service manga/anime is kinda full from my teenage years, so that I hardly can watch/read those nowadays. I'm reading MSNegima to see an end, but the rest is just bleh nowadays, nothing like the beginning, when there weren't twenty to thirty loli side characters.
+ Fairy Tail:
Mashina is doing the fan-service as well. I wish he would concentrate on creating good fights instead of ending those within two chapters, even though those enemies were hyped to the max for some time. It suffers from the "just to many characters" syndrom as well.
+ Freezing: Anime sufferes heavily from it, Manga is bearable due to combat suits.
+ Korean Manga: I've read some great ones, the percentage off good ones definitely is higher than in japanese version. :P Soneone got to translate Dangu further!

PS: Why not move that Bleach to some Hangout thread in the right board, it's lonely there for some time already. hehe

Newkerzy
March 07, 2011, 08:45 AM
Took a trip through every post, so here it is in random order.^^

Newkerzy
There aren't just fanboys defending certain things forever. Accepting contra points are discuss own pros is no nebula to some.:P

+Naruto: Some have pointed out the unoriginality of the ET zombies, I would rather ask:How did Madara plan to win with those useless clones, those not evolved through Kabuto? Seemed like hopeless case. Back to the zombies. They were the only option to bring some strong people into the battle without creating new ones, who haven't been mentioned or acted at all in the past. Would anyone like to read 20 chapters full of characters fight against the same enemy/Zetsu?

One Piece:
Oda's drawing style is worse than Toriyamas? Luckily that's just your personal op. Both have grown, but Akira came to a standstill. Most of his newer creations for DQ look to similar. Comparable to Tite's problem with his similar looking faces.
Even as a hardcore fan of OP, there's a thing I dislike in the latest chapters. It looks so planed and fast paced. Oda did admit and hopefully many already knew that he was just drawing a lot of things as he's at a certain page/chapter, unlike Inoue who's got his pages planed. [Not to be confused with Eiichiros long term plan for the manga.] I got no problem with the mass of info in each and every chapter now, since there was much to explain too, but it seems like we miss out of a lot of things in the process too. Looks like he set himself a limit of when he plan to finish a certain arc, not to idle to much anymore, I liked that aspect of him. :D

I don't think you read my post thoroughly. I did point out the contras of Naruto/ET spam. You might wanna go back and check.

As for OP, yup pretty much what I would say. Granted, A lot of stuff being put in is good. But there's that saying of "too much of a good thing". Oda, however ingenious with his concepts, pushes himself too much into it. If Oda's ideas are this good, then I believe he can do better by taking it easier.

Teeba
March 08, 2011, 05:57 AM
Teeba
Oh noes, Ubel Blatt is on hiatus, that just highened the chance that I will never beginn to follow the manga again anymore. For reference I'm at vol 5/chapter 45.

That whole arc is epic, I hope you'll at least finish that much. I've read that it may come back this year, so I've kept my hopes up. :crying

I just love the storyline so much. I like manga that subverts the tropes. :amuse

New confessions:

Beelzebub is totally my obsession, the fact that the anime is turning out to be quite decent makes it hard for me to focus on university work sometimes. >_>

I've only read the past forty chapters or so of Naruto on a weekly basis. Everything else I know about it I've absorbed from hearing my friends talk about it....I should probably read the whole thing, but I keep putting it off. :sweatdrop

Whenever someone tells me how much "x manga is like y manga, but better", I never want to read it. This has, of course, prevented me from getting into really well known titles. Its not about the comparisons themselves (because I love it when manga break the 4th wall xD), but the insistence that the other manga is soooo much better.

When I first started reading Detective Conan, I never thought Ran would end up becoming one of my favorite female characters like, ever. If there was any character I'd love to be friends with IRL, it would be her!

destiny4ever
March 09, 2011, 06:59 PM
Thank you :o and Really?! It's my honor if you can :D and of course it is mh safe! You can use it whenever you want to :tem
Thank you!! :) I’m using it now.

I’ll reply to the rest of your PM in this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2338051#post2338051) since I think that is a more appropriate thread for our IchiRuki conversation ;).

And returning to topic, I confess watching Bleach Ending 26 made me miss Rukia even more. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m167.gif (http://www.laymark.com) I really hope she returns to Bleach and to Ichigo’s side soon, I really miss her and her interactions with Ichigo.
[hr]

@ Des: hard to say, its a bit of fan service + Action battles + Romance related.
I think its pretty entertaining and one of the better series out there this season.
Mmm…is it similar to any other anime you have watched? Just to have a reference…
And, it sounds like a pretty good series, I’ll add it to my must-watch list. ^_^

The manga/manhua/manwha/man-something is definitely good, in my opinion anyway. There are mostly females fighting. I have read some critiques that say the story's slow, but this was months and months ago. It's definitely picked up, and I'm hoping the anime follows the man-something.
Females fighting? It kind of reminds me of I.S. which I’m currently watching and enjoying quite a bit.

Charlie
March 09, 2011, 08:36 PM
@ Des:

It's like IS but with an actual plot ( yes I said it ^^).

There are female battles and romance. Although I don't know how much of that they're going to show in the anime because the manga is still running and all. Plus the romance part is still an ongoing thing the manga too (work in progress type of thing).

The main females nick name is " the untouchable queen". The main char (male lead) slowly makes her become the "almost touchable queen" haha.

In terms of action types shows yeah its pretty much the same for reference.

If your watching IS, yeah you should watch Freezing for sure.

M3J
March 09, 2011, 08:41 PM
THe romance is cute. It's like Kimi ni Todoke (or vice versa, depending on whichever came first), but with action and a pair of b- nvm.

It is cute though, and the history of the lead female character adds some dimension to her/the story. It's so cute how she acts around her partner (battle partner), liking him and stuff. Definitely worth a read IMO.

destiny4ever
March 10, 2011, 07:30 PM
@ Des:

It's like IS but with an actual plot ( yes I said it ^^).
Then it is a great series. :cool: And…I really doubt most of the anime fans who are watching I.S. are doing it for the actual plot… http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m163.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

There are female battles and romance. Although I don't know how much of that they're going to show in the anime because the manga is still running and all. Plus the romance part is still an ongoing thing the manga too (work in progress type of thing).

The main females nick name is " the untouchable queen". The main char (male lead) slowly makes her become the "almost touchable queen" haha.
Lol :XD “The untouchable queen”…it reminds me of the “queen” from FMA.

In terms of action types shows yeah its pretty much the same for reference.

If your watching IS, yeah you should watch Freezing for sure.
Okay, I’m officially curious so I’ll give Freezing a try. :)

THe romance is cute. It's like Kimi ni Todoke (or vice versa, depending on whichever came first), but with action and a pair of b- nvm.

It is cute though, and the history of the lead female character adds some dimension to her/the story. It's so cute how she acts around her partner (battle partner), liking him and stuff. Definitely worth a read IMO.
Thank you for the info about the series, guys! :) Since I’m more of an anime girl, I will give the anime a try first.
[hr]
I confess that I watched the first episode of Freezing, but…I don’t think I’m going to continue watching the series. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m003.gif (http://www.laymark.com) The plot was very interesting, but….they were certain things that really turned me off and I don’t think they will change as the series progresses.

I also confess that this week’s episode of Kimi ni Todoke made all the misunderstandingfest we, the fans, have been having to deal with for the past few episodes really worth it. :) The episode was great!

Charlie
March 10, 2011, 07:44 PM
@ Des: what was the part you didn't like? :worrybunny

Fan-service? Intro? Characters?

M3J
March 10, 2011, 08:05 PM
Most likely the fan service. There were boobs showing, but there's nothing naughty about that, desty. Keep watching it!

destiny4ever
March 10, 2011, 08:26 PM
@ Des: what was the part you didn't like? :worrybunny
Fan-service? Intro? Characters?
The intro and the characters were okay, the things that turned me off were the excessive ecchiness and goriness. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m003.gif (http://www.laymark.com) I’m not against ecchiness, I.S. has ecchiness but it doesn’t bother me as much as the ecchiness in Freezing did. I know the series is directed to boys so I understand why the girls show a lot of skin, but…for instance During the scene when chibi Kazuya was saying good-bye to his sister. That could have been such a sweet and touching scene, but I didn’t understand why his sister had to be naked during that scene... http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-bunny-smiley-6091.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) And…after watching LTOTLH and Shiki is not that goriness scares me away, but…the untouchable queen seemed more like a butcher than like a warrior… http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-bunny-smiley-6082.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Ichika, the male lead, in I.S. has a sister complex (as revealed in the latest episode of I.S.) but you can still feel that he truly loves his sister (like a brother of course) and wants her to be proud of him…now…Kazuya’s big sister complex came across more like perviness than as love for his sisterhttp://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-bunny-smiley-6082.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)…maybe I’m wrong but that is my thoughts after watching the first episode…

Because of all the reasons above I confess I'm not looking forward to episode 2 very much...
[hr]

Most likely the fan service. There were boobs showing, but there's nothing naughty about that, desty. Keep watching it!
It is not the boobs, I.S. shows a lot of boobs too. It is the way in which ecchinees is used in Freezing, that is what turned me off.

Charlie
March 10, 2011, 08:27 PM
Yeah it does have a lot of nude parts / gore A little spoiler but his sis is dead and was fighter like the female lead. Kazyuhas feeling for his sister is more bro / sis thing. Maybe a bit like that one in IS.

I'd say watch a couple more episode's before you give up on it.

M3J
March 10, 2011, 08:46 PM
The Untouchable Queen's history turned her into what she is. If you read the manga, you can find out why she's a "butcher," but apart from that she really does have this sweet side only Kazuya has seen.

The ecchiness isn't that bad. Of course, I haven't seen the anime. Manga doesn't have that much echiness, I think.

destiny4ever
March 10, 2011, 08:50 PM
I have started watching another anime (Shuffle!), but I’m going to give Freezing one more chance and I’ll watch the second episode. Hopefully it will be like with TLOTLH, where all thoughts about dropping the series completely disappeared after watching episode 2. :)

And since I’ve mentioned TLOTLH, I confess I still miss it. :(
[hr]

The Untouchable Queen's history turned her into what she is. If you read the manga, you can find out why she's a "butcher," but apart from that she really does have this sweet side only Kazuya has seen.
Okay, I’m going to give Freezing another try, because I’m really curious about UQ’s past now.

The ecchiness isn't that bad. Of course, I haven't seen the anime. Manga doesn't have that much echiness, I think.
Most boys like it, but a couple do think that there was too much ecchiness in episode 1. At least from what I have read on other sites. And I think the anime turned the male lead into a big siscon because it seems he isn’t that much of a siscon in the manga…

M3J
March 10, 2011, 09:01 PM
Which is why you should read the manga.

Just how much ecchi is in the anime? O-o And what's siscon?

Charlie
March 10, 2011, 09:10 PM
@M3J

Sis con is a character that likes his sister. Its shown a lot in various manga.

M3J
March 10, 2011, 09:16 PM
Well, the manga isn't as siscon as the anime for some odd reason has you believe. :\

Ditch anime and read manga.

Charlie
March 10, 2011, 09:24 PM
Well, the manga isn't as siscon as the anime for some odd reason has you believe. :\

Ditch anime and read manga.

Idk its more of a misunderstanding, the anime has done a good job so far.

destiny4ever
March 10, 2011, 09:44 PM
I know that for some series, the manga is definitely better than the anime; but I’m an anime girl so the probability of me watching a series is higher than of me reading it, especially if there is an anime version of it.

Freezing actually has great ratings on anime sites, so I don’t think it is a bad series. I’m just a bit unsure if it is the kind of anime I like.

M3J
March 10, 2011, 10:40 PM
Just keep going though. I dunno if the anime will have cute, tender moments between Bridget and Kazuya like in the manga, but it's also romancey with the other characters as well.

blai
March 10, 2011, 10:41 PM
I. Love. 雲雀 恭弥.

I have never loved someone so much.

Jesus. F*cking. Christ.

So cool :wtf

destiny4ever
March 10, 2011, 11:00 PM
Just keep going though. I dunno if the anime will have cute, tender moments between Bridget and Kazuya like in the manga, but it's also romancey with the other characters as well.
I will watch episode 2. Hopefully, that episode shows even if just a little bit of the cute moments you told me about. Mmm…mmm…I guess I better ask…do the cute moments in Freezing include great amounts of ecchiness?

M3J
March 10, 2011, 11:31 PM
I don't think it'll show it that early... might have to wait a while.

I don't think it does... it shouldn't.... I don't remember, which either means I'm too used to ecchi or there was no ecchi for me to remember. :oh Though, honestly, it's because of Bridget that I find it cute. :\

Asarii
March 11, 2011, 01:49 AM
I. Love. 雲雀 恭弥.

I have never loved someone so much.

Jesus. F*cking. Christ.

So cool :wtf
Ha ha, I hope you're being ironic. ;)[hr]
I have yet to come across a manga that I would label as a masterpiece (except for Osamu Tezuka's works). Even though I love ONE PIECE just like anyone else, I wouldn't label the series as such.

jorped
March 12, 2011, 11:02 AM
the manga that i most like is Naruto, most of the people dont think of that way , but the last chapters are not being able to reach my expectations, i still want kishi to explain us better the all ET stuff , cuz the way this is going, somany questions can be raised and there isnt an objective answer , and it is ruining a bit the quality of the chapters :(

And i want to see Naruto back on the battlefield :narutokyu

saladesu
March 13, 2011, 10:15 AM
I just caught up with Vinland Saga. And I must say, Farmland Saga has been a bit of a drag compared to the front part. It's such a change from the fights in the front part of VS. I confess that I was extremely saddened when, in ch71... Thorfinn says that he will not fight anymore. I know it's good for his character development in a sense since before that he'd been totally blinded by revenge and was killing people without second thought... But on the other hand I really, really loved the battles in Vinland Saga and want to read more battles! :shakefist

R4n
March 14, 2011, 12:05 PM
I just caught up with Vinland Saga. And I must say, Farmland Saga has been a bit of a drag compared to the front part. It's such a change from the fights in the front part of VS. I confess that I was extremely saddened when, in ch71... Thorfinn says that he will not fight anymore. I know it's good for his character development in a sense since before that he'd been totally blinded by revenge and was killing people without second thought... But on the other hand I really, really loved the battles in Vinland Saga and want to read more battles! :shakefist

I confess, i often use Vinland saga as an example to mock shounen battle manga stereotypes/cliches :p
No, not insulting Vinland Saga at all, it is the opposite.

To be honest, the way it Farmland Saga developed didn't really surprised me. Yukimura-sensei's works often become very introspective towards the end. At least, that is how i feel after comparing Vinland Saga with Planetes and his Shinsengumi oneshot. :)

destiny4ever
May 02, 2011, 06:07 PM
I confess that Hanasaku Iroha has become my favorite anime of the season and I confess that I’m secretly hoping for a love triangle to happen Tohru x Ohana x Ko-chan or Minko x Tohru x Ohana or both love triangles in this series http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m163.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Koen
May 02, 2011, 06:12 PM
I have to confess something:

Known as a psyren addicted, known for having brought this manga and its section to a lot of members and staff, I haven't read its last 3 chapters before cancellation. The psyren fanboy doing such thing his beloved manga. How troublesome...

Charlie
May 02, 2011, 06:19 PM
I confess that Hanasaku Iroha has become my favorite anime of the season and I confess that I’m secretly hoping for a love triangle to happen Tohru x Ohana x Ko-chan or Minko x Tohru x Ohana or both love triangles in this series http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m163.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Hates love triangles. Don't know about the show but clicked the spoiler part anyway. I wonder why I did that. :sweat

I have to confess something:

Known as a psyren addicted, known for having brought this manga and its section to a lot of members and start, I haven read its last 3 chapters before cancellation. The psyren fanboy doing such thing his beloved manga. How troublesome...

I confess that I remember you passion for it. I confess that I remember that section growing and posting there and the joy it brought me as well. I confess while slightly off topic, that I will miss koen as he goes away. :scry

destiny4ever
May 10, 2011, 10:40 PM
I forgot to make another confession. This confession is about a K-drama that has become one of my favorite Asian dramas. ^_^ I confess that since watching Secret Garden I have wondered…

how would it feel to switch bodies with a boy, meaning my soul will go to the boy’s body and his soul will go to my body especially if like in “Secret Garden” you switch bodies with the person you like and would like for that person to become your significant other http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m163.gif (http://www.laymark.com) …I wonder if it would be as funny, crazy and interesting as in “Secret Garden”...

[hr]

Hates love triangles. Don't know about the show but clicked the spoiler part anyway. I wonder why I did that. :sweat
After experiencing the Inuyasha love triangle (and what a love triangle it was…memories of shipping wars are coming to my mind... http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m068.gif (http://www.laymark.com)), one would think I would be cured of love triangles and wouldn't want to see them in any other series. But I actually don’t hate them; for me it depends on how said love triangle is handled within the story. I guess I don’t dislike them because I like the developments that a love triangle could bring within a story.
[hr]
After re-watching the 6 episodes of Hanasaku Iroha, I must confess that I’m not as excited as before about a Tohru x Ohana x Ko love triange…I guess you should really be careful what you wish for:

I still like the Tohru x Ohana pairing and after watching episode 6 I like it even more, it’s just I feel bad for Ko-chan, he is a sweet and kind guy and I don’t want for his heart to be broken…but I also don’t want for Tohru’s heart to be broken either… aishh…love triangles are really difficult when you like the three sides…http://www.laymark.com/i/o/12.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

destiny4ever
July 12, 2011, 08:56 PM
I confess that instead of a J-drama, I would have loved for Ouran to have a second season so that I could have gotten the chance to see the rest of the story animated until the end.

It is not that I’m against the J-drama, but the anime was so awesome that it totally deserved to have another season.

Asarii
July 14, 2011, 02:01 AM
Lately I've lost interest in KHR mostly due to the fact that I never cared much for the current arc's villain. (This is saying something since I'm probably known as the big KHR fan.) The villain was like a Saturday morning cartoon bad guy and didn't seem to have the appeal that all the previous ones had.

I'm disappointed that Daemon took precedent over the Simon family after his appearance. The narrative would have been better IMO if he only had a minor role; that is, having Enma as the main antagonist is a lot more interesting because he mirrors Tsuna so much. Also, I can understand Giotto not being involved in Simon's downfall, but I didn't like how Iemitsu was left innocent.

M3J
July 15, 2011, 10:52 PM
I, to the shame of myself, confess that I don't mind Utsumi from Good Ending being with that girl whose house he's at right now. She's pretty cool and cheerful, albeit with a bad childhood (methinks). I still want him back with Yuki.

Kaiten
July 17, 2011, 11:49 AM
Now that I am about half way through, I have to confess that Blade of the Immortal has supplanted FMA as my favorite manga.

Schabrak
July 18, 2011, 02:58 PM
Kaiten, that's nothing to worry about. :P I would suggest to read some of his many One-shots, dark bitter humor in most of them.

Kaiten
July 18, 2011, 09:58 PM
I've already read Bradherley no Basha. I'll read Ohikkoshi and his one shots sometime soon.

destiny4ever
August 04, 2011, 04:45 PM
I haven’t read Bleach in months, to be precisely, I stopped reading Bleach after the IchiRuki farewell chapter. However, Bleach’s latest chapter….not only that it encouraged me to read all the chapters available on the site where I read chapter 459 but it also made a very, very, very happy Bleach fan. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m168.gif (http://www.laymark.com) http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m096.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Rukia is back!!!!!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m207.gif (http://www.laymark.com) Rukia is back!! I admit I’m not a huge fan of her new haircut, but it doesn’t matter because the important thing is that she is back!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m208.gif (http://www.laymark.com) Rukia’s return has brought back my fondness for Bleach (I’ve even rewatched some episodes from the SS arc) and has brought awesome Ichigo back!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com) He looked amazing in his new shinigami outfit!! Last but not least, Ichiruki ftw!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m135.gif (http://www.laymark.com) The IchiRuki fangirl inside of me is trilled!!

How long will it take before you find my edit - I wonder. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m059.gif

I didn't know you were a bleach fan girl, If I did, I forgot.http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m087.gif

I agree, Bleach was good. :zan

So I confess that I loved Bleach’s latest chapter!!http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m023.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

M3J
August 04, 2011, 07:55 PM
After this chapter of GE, I confess that I want Utsumi to man up and get a homerun with Yuki, so they get back together again. Whatever it takes (as long as she wants it though).
WHACK ONE OUTTA THE PARK, UTSUMI!

destiny4ever
August 04, 2011, 08:43 PM
How long will it take before you find my edit - I wonder.http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m059.gif
Thanks to M3J’s post…it took me 3 hours and 30 minutes. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m048.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I didn't know you were a bleach fan girl, If I did, I forgot.http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m087.gif
Yes, I’m a Bleach fangirl…but Bleach wasn’t Bleach without Rukia :(, so I had no motivation to read Bleach and in fact I was very close to drop it, but now thanks to Rukia’s return I will start reading Bleach again. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m208.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I agree, Bleach was good.
It was. :)

I confess that waiting for the next chapter of Bleach is going to be very hard!! http://www.laymark.com/i/o/43.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Charlie
August 04, 2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks to M3J’s post…it took me 3 hours and 30 minutes. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m048.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Yes, I’m a Bleach fangirl…but Bleach wasn’t Bleach without Rukia :(, so I had no motivation to read Bleach and in fact I was very close to drop it, but now thanks to Rukia’s return I will start reading Bleach again. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m208.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

It was. :)

I confess that waiting for the next chapter of Bleach is going to be very hard!! http://www.laymark.com/i/o/43.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

How did you spot it, did you notice the post edit? :http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m018.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I confess that all the mh'ers that I recommend to watch Heroic Age, didn't like the show or did not watch because its somewhat mecha related.http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m103.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Schabrak
August 05, 2011, 07:07 AM
Would it be a confession to say that I liked Heroic Age. :D There are just too few good sfi-fi produced in the last years... Toward the Terra is four years old too already. Tytania was any good? Ratings aren't good, though the director is the same as the one for LOTGH.

Second confession, I will never [be able to] watch all series from my to-watch list.:maracas

destiny4ever
August 05, 2011, 06:53 PM
How did you spot it, did you notice the post edit? :http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m018.gif (http://www.laymark.com)
Yes, I did. The “Last edited by Charlie; Yesterday at 06:14 PM.” gave it away. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m177.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I confess that all the mh'ers that I recommend to watch Heroic Age, didn't like the show or did not watch because its somewhat mecha related.http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m103.gif (http://www.laymark.com)
I confess that I’m intrigued by two things:

1) I wonder why Charlie didn’t recommend Heroic Age to me. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m190.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

2) All this talk about Heroic Age has awoken my curiosity about that anime. I’m considering checking it out. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m193.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Charlie
August 06, 2011, 03:42 AM
Yes, I did. The “Last edited by Charlie; Yesterday at 06:14 PM.” gave it away. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m177.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I confess that I’m intrigued by two things:

1) I wonder why Charlie didn’t recommend Heroic Age to me. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m190.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

2) All this talk about Heroic Age has awoken my curiosity about that anime. I’m considering checking it out. http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m193.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I'm not sure, its been out for a while Destiny.

It could be that I told you about it somewhere in the past and you forgot about it. :?bunny
Thinking back, I probably mentioned it somewhere... http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m027.gif

I confess, you should watch Reideen as well.... http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m022.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW5wHBlO8rkhttp://www.laymark.com/i/m/m204.gif (http://www.laymark.com/)

Oddly enough.... I have the same feeling that I might have mentioned this before...

http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m152.gif

destiny4ever
August 06, 2011, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure, its been out for a while Destiny.
Really? Well…I have never heard of it until you mentioned.

It could be that I told you about it somewhere in the past and you forgot about it. :?bunny
Thinking back, I probably mentioned it somewhere... http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m027.gif
Nop, the only anime you have recommended me is “Frozen” and…I think you recommended me that series in this thread in fact.

I confess, you should watch Reideen as well.... http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m022.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW5wHBlO8rkhttp://www.laymark.com/i/m/m204.gif (http://www.laymark.com/)
Thank you for the rec! I’m adding it to my must-watch list. And I confess the girl in the video above reminds me of Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke.

Oddly enough.... I have the same feeling that I might have mentioned this before...

http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m152.gif
Maybe in another thread? http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-bunny-smiley-6091.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Charlie
August 06, 2011, 06:11 PM
I was confused over "Frozen" for a second, but I figured out finally you meant Freezing. :p

I'm not sure where I may have mentioned it, just a feeling... yeah probably in some other thread.

The girl in the video link above may look like Sawako a bit, but when you see the series, there is not really a comparison. :Haha

M3J
August 06, 2011, 06:12 PM
I think you mean Freezing, not Frozen. Safe to assume you don't watch it anymore? :(

Also Charles, stop using those emoticons. -.-

destiny4ever
August 06, 2011, 06:22 PM
I confess that I would love for Kaiji season 2 to have more fans here on MH.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

I was confused over "Frozen" for a second, but I figured out finally you meant Freezing. :p
Sorry, my bad. http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-bunny-smiley-6081.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) Yes, I meant that.

The girl in the video link above may look like Sawako a bit, but when you see the series, there is not really a comparison. :Haha
What genre is Reideen? And what Reideen is about?

I think you mean Freezing, not Frozen. Safe to assume you don't watch it anymore? :(
No, I don’t. It was the excess of fanservice and hints of the male lead being a siscon that turned me off.

Also Charles, stop using those emoticons. -.-
Why? http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m190.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

M3J
August 06, 2011, 06:46 PM
Siscon? -.-

The manga... well, I dunno if it has more fanservice or not but it's not really about fanservice.

Because, Charles using it is so wrong because he abuses it, and the saru emoticons suit women or rather, you, better.

Charlie
August 06, 2011, 07:21 PM
@ Des - The genre is mecha, sci fi / fantasy and it has some romance elements.

Reideen (the one from the opening) is a remake of an older version of the same name. The remake was done in 2007.

The story is about some unknown aliens invade earth and a teen finds a a bracelet from an excavation site run by his father that activates Reideen. Reideen is huge golden mecha robot / entity.

I think I can only say that much without spoiling. Its 26 episodes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6oMAK-UiBY

destiny4ever
August 06, 2011, 07:25 PM
Siscon? -.-

O-o And what's siscon?

@M3J

Sis con is a character that likes his sister. Its shown a lot in various manga.

The manga... well, I dunno if it has more fanservice or not but it's not really about fanservice.
I know there must be a good story behind all those big boobs, but it is kind of difficult for me to see it with all of that echiness.

Because, Charles using it is so wrong because he abuses it, and the saru emoticons suit women or rather, you, better.I don’t think he is using them wrong…but then I’m very biased since I love emoticons/smileys…and…what are saru emoticons? http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-not-tagged-smiley-5685.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

I confess that I can’t wait to watch the next episode of Kaiji S2, and that while I really want for Kaiji to win against the bog, I don’t really want for Ichijou to die…yes, I want for him to receive a punishment for what he did to Kaiji but …I don’t want for him to be assassinated

saru = monkeys in Japanese
Thank you for answering my question! ^_^

M3J
August 06, 2011, 07:39 PM
I meant him using it is wrong since it's more suited for you. Aren't those emoticons monkey? Saru means monkey (I hope anyway), so I was just making a joke using Japanese language. :oh

Oh, like incest? Or is it borderline incest?

Dunno if you'd consider it a good story. I just like it because Aoi (forgot his name :notrust) and Satellizer's interactions are cute and such. It's not romance as much as it is action, but there's romance involved. Kinda like Kimi ni Todoke, both misunderstand each other at first (or did only Satellizer misunderstand Aoi?), but then they finally realize each others' feelings. \o/ Aoi is a typical nice guy though. -_-;

destiny4ever
August 06, 2011, 08:09 PM
I meant him using it is wrong since it's more suited for you. Aren't those emoticons monkey? Saru means monkey (I hope anyway), so I was just making a joke using Japanese language. :oh
Ahhh…okay. Thanks for answering my question! ^_^ And yes, you are right, saru means monkey in Japanese.

Oh, like incest? Or is it borderline incest?
Siscon (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Siscon)

Dunno if you'd consider it a good story. I just like it because Aoi (forgot his name :notrust) and Satellizer's interactions are cute and such. It's not romance as much as it is action, but there's romance involved. Kinda like Kimi ni Todoke, both misunderstand each other at first (or did only Satellizer misunderstand Aoi?), but then they finally realize each others' feelings. \o/ Aoi is a typical nice guy though. -_-;
Ahhh…okay. I wonder if “Freezing” has fangirls, because it seems it is a series directed more towards boys than towards girls…

I confess that after watching episode 4 of Baka to Test to Shoujankuu Ni, I would like to play “Doubt it”. It seems like a fun game. At least Shouko and Himeji had a lot of fun playing it against the boys. http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-not-tagged-smiley-5632.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

M3J
August 06, 2011, 08:35 PM
Urban Dictionary likes to be odd when it defines words and explains it, eh? :|

Not sure, but I think it has more boys than girls as fans due to tits galore and fighting. Not sure if the romance would appeal though, especially since I assume it's been done plenty of times.

I confess I want Luffy's fight to gtfo so I can watch Zoro fight.

I confess Zoro's fights have always been more interesting than Luffy's, although it was hard to vote for the more inspiring one.

Asarii
August 12, 2011, 01:30 PM
I actually like the current artwork in DGM.
I don't care much for the mechanical workings of battles even though a lot of manga I read tend to be action-oriented. I often have trouble remembering the names of the attacks/weapons.
I downloaded the Chinese scanlations of Super Lovers even though I can't read it. :darn The fact that I like the series itself is also a confession.
Contrary to popular belief, I think the Varia arc is the weakest. The Inheritance arc still had its strong moments despite the latter half.

Schabrak
August 14, 2011, 09:49 AM
Take ten character pictures out of the last 8 seasons[fall, winter,...] and anime I've seen, I could probably only name one or two of those.lol I loved many of those, especially the comedy ones, but names are just not memorable anymore to me. I can only think of Madoka or Alice[Kamisama no Memochou], which isn't even her real name, right now and only because they aren't typical names or in the title. :)

destiny4ever
August 17, 2011, 09:18 PM
I confess that I absolutely love Bleach’s latest chapter. I love it!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

The Ichiruki interactions were wonderful!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com) I adore the effect Rukia has on Ichigo. :wtf And that Ichiruki colorpage...http://www.laymark.com/i/o/63.gif (http://www.laymark.com).

Renji…Renji was hotter…he looked awesome! http://www.laymark.com/i/o/26.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

It was so good to see Renji, Byakuya, Kenpachi and Toshiro back. :)

Every single page of this chapter was great!! http://www.laymark.com/i/o/07.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I so can’t wait to read the next chapter!!

Zeltrax
August 18, 2011, 12:40 AM
I...
I..agree with destiny :wtf

I confess that I absolutely love Bleach’s latest chapter. I love it!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

The Ichiruki interactions were wonderful!! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m015.gif (http://www.laymark.com) I adore the effect Rukia has on Ichigo. :wtf And that Ichiruki colorpage...http://www.laymark.com/i/o/63.gif (http://www.laymark.com).

Renji…Renji was hotter…he looked awesome! http://www.laymark.com/i/o/26.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

It was so good to see Renji, Byakuya, Kenpachi and Toshiro back. :)

Every single page of this chapter was great!! http://www.laymark.com/i/o/07.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

I so can’t wait to read the next chapter!!
I agree with everything she said, the characters design look so good.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.
the interactions :zomg

I confess that I can't believe I'm in love with bleach again.
Finally, bleach returns.

Asarii
October 31, 2011, 09:18 PM
Bakuman

I'm not complaining that Ashirogi Mugo's motivation is to rank #1 and/or beat Eiji, but I feel as if Ohba-sensei is missing out on a lot by focusing solely on the rankings. It would be nice if there was a chapter or two on how a mangaka balances family/social life with work and the crazy aspects of fandom in general (including anti-fans on 2ch or BL shippers).

A chapter where a deadline is approaching and the manuscript is nowhere near close to finished might be mundane, but it'll give some insight as to how a mangaka might handle a crisis like this one.

destiny4ever
December 04, 2011, 08:03 PM
I confess that chapters 473 and 475 of Bleach have:

made me like Renji even more. http://www.laymark.com/l/m/m016.gif (http://www.laymark.com) I just love how much he cares for Rukia. Even though I’m a huge IchiRuki, I confess that I have always liked Renji’s one-sided love for Rukia. Renji’s feelings for Rukia are so strong and genuine that I can’t help but like him more and more every time he shows his feelings for Rukia.

I also confess that I’m very curious about what Riruka did to Rukia, did Riruka introduce herself inside Rukia? Is Riruka planning on stealing Rukia’s body? I really wonder what happened to Rukia at the end of her fight against Riruka…http://www.laymark.com/l/o/46.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

destiny4ever
February 08, 2012, 09:47 PM
I confess that I’m enjoying reading “Brave 10” very much and that I’m a bit upset that they omitted and changed some things in episode 2.

---------- Post added February 08, 2012 at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was January 15, 2012 at 06:59 PM ----------

I confess that I have mixed feelings about Bleach entering its final arc.

Charlie
February 10, 2012, 07:36 PM
I confess that I’m enjoying reading “Brave 10” very much and that I’m a bit upset that they omitted and changed some things in episode 2.

---------- Post added February 08, 2012 at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was January 15, 2012 at 06:59 PM ----------

I confess that I have mixed feelings about Bleach entering its final arc.

I agree on both accounts. Destiny I watched Brave 10 after you mentioned it somewhere and its a pretty good show.
The only thing that bothers me slightly is the historical parts / aspects that they throw in there.

destiny4ever
February 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
I confess that I’m thrilled that Charlie is watching Brave 10. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-096.gif

I know history is an important part of this anime, since it is based on the legendary Sanada Ten Braves, but I’ve kind of thrown history out the window and I’ve taken B10 kind of like a fantasy anime, as if all of the elements and things that happen in the anime are 100% fantasy (not historic). Maybe that is why I have enjoyed the series so much.

destiny4ever
March 20, 2012, 11:17 PM
I confess that I’m really going to miss Brave 10 once it ends. :( I have really enjoyed watching it.

I confess that I haven’t read Bleach in a few weeks so I have no idea what is going on in the final arc but…for some reason I’m not all that curious about those new events/developments.

destiny4ever
July 29, 2012, 03:30 PM
Time for a confession:

I read some comments about Bleach’s latest chapter and it seems Byakuya has died. I haven’t read Bleach in a few months so I have no idea what is going on. I like Byakuya so I confess I’m a bit sad that he died I just hope he went away in an awesome way

Googlez_kun
July 29, 2012, 03:38 PM
Time for a confession:

I read some comments about Bleach’s latest chapter and it seems Byakuya has died. I haven’t read Bleach in a few months so I have no idea what is going on. I like Byakuya so I confess I’m a bit sad that he died I just hope he went away in an awesome way
While I used to hate on Bleach constantly, I confess that the latest chapters were quite good. Still nothing compared to Bleach's prime, but better than the dragging Aizen crap.

naruto-niichan
July 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
Time for a confession:

I confess that I doubt he has died. Byakuya "died" without any last words, memories or anything - it kind of happened too fast + it's Kubo we're talking about. He didn't kill any of the important good characters up to this point and I won't believe that Byakuya is dead as long as it's not 100% safe

Schabrak
July 30, 2012, 04:24 PM
I confess that I doubt he has died. Byakuya "died" without any last words, memories or anything - it kind of happened too fast + it's Kubo we're talking about. He didn't kill any of the important good characters up to this point and I won't believe that Byakuya is dead as long as it's not 100% safe
shipping
Yeah, a panel in next to the last chapter had "R.I.P./farewell" in it and he still was going around being pricked all over the whole time.

destiny4ever
August 11, 2012, 12:25 PM
My next confession has to do with a K-drama I’m currently watching….I confess that I feel a bit frustrated over the fact that in drama series…the girl always picks the bad boy over the good boy. I do admit that I love bad boys with heart of gold, and I :luv the “bad boy” in the K-drama I’m referring to but…why? Why? Why can’t the girl show at least a bit love towards the good guy? He is so awesome!!!! And it makes me sad seeing the good guy getting sad because of the girl.

---------- Post added August 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was August 06, 2012 at 06:11 PM ----------

My next confessions are about Bleach…

I confess that my curiosity for confirming if Byakuya was dead or not prompted me to read the last two chapters of Bleach. After reading those chapters I’m 95% sure Byakuya is dead. I’m sad that Byakuya is dead but what sadden me the most is the fact that he went away in the way he did. And poor Rukia, first Kaien and now Byakuya…she is going to be very distraught once she wakes up.

I also confess since Kira and Byakuya seem to be dead I do wonder who is going to die next.

Darjaille
August 20, 2012, 08:59 AM
Oh this is almost a Bleach confession thread :D

I confess that although I'm always saying to myself that it doesn't matter, I get upset over Bleach's ToC ranking every week. Like, very upset and confused.

Teeba
August 22, 2012, 02:34 AM
^ I feel the same way too. How can you not, when Mago got cancelled the way that it did?

I confess the lack of Beelzebub fanfiction does not bother me as much as it should. My priorities...where are they?! :cry

I also confess the anime/manga fandumb never ceases to amaze me how they can create shipping tension out of nothing. Not, "X and Y look so good together!" but the consistent reiteration of "who does Y look better with - X or Z?"

I confess I have read the Maximum Ride OEL manga and liked it. I...do not know why I like things like that.

And lastly...I confess there was a strong part of me that wanted Bakuman to have more criticism than it did. I enjoyed the manga, but beyond the initial novelty of the idea it was really hard to stay interested.

Josef K.
August 22, 2012, 09:25 PM
Big time confession:

One Piece is my favorite ongoing shounen, but I still am not quite sure why I like it so much, I feel I have seen most of what it covers in other shounen, Dragon Ball(Young Goku) had very similar stuff, though I still think One Piece is ORIGINAL! I am confused, it is like the only thing that keeps going on and on and on, and it is just interesting to me. I use terms like original, Oda-eque, One Piece-ness, to describe really the thing that I really can not explain why I LOVE One Piece. I get the feeling that I should not like it much, but I just can not stop. :XD

Doraku
August 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
My confessions :

- I jumped into Naruto and Bleach bandwagon in 2007-2008, and years before that I never think I would read those mangas. I started "reading" One Piece in late 2000/early 2001, since an aunt of mine bought the tankobons when she was on a trip to Japan. It's also one of my favorites Shounen of all time. I love how Oda could cover serious topics in One Piece. I'm a One Piece fanboys :XD

- My all time favorite Jump mangas are mostly serialized during 1980's - 1990's, (Jigoku Sensei Nube, Saint Seiya, Slam Dunk, Dragon Ball, Dr. Slump, Captain Tsubasa, City Hunter, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Jojo Bizzare Adventure etc). I don't know why.. but probably mangas made post-2000 are "softer" compared to those which were made during 80's-90's.

- I detest excessive and useless fanservice. I don't mind fanservice as long as it doesn't ruin the main story or art of the manga. I personally believe that there are many mangas which story and art are ruined for the purpose of fanservice these days, which means an increase of popularity of this stuff.

Darjaille
August 23, 2012, 04:17 PM
Okay,

I confess that I sometimes wish Bleach was a shoujo. It would be so beautiful T__T

And mentioning shoujo, I confess I don't find Kimi ni Todoke to be that awesome. Although I like Chizu/Ryu.

Googlez_kun
August 24, 2012, 08:32 AM
I confess that I reaaaally enjoyed seeing Bleach in the bottom five of the TOC like almost every week. Though recent chapters have been better, I felt as though Kubo needed to be punished for that horrible war arc.

M3J
August 25, 2012, 02:15 AM
I confess I hate the Tobito theory and it pisses me off. If Tobi is Obito, it'd be a shitty, horrible writing.

I confess I think Naruto's gotten the most free powerups out of all the character in Naruto, and that it's a given fact that Kyuubi is NOT Naruto's own power.

I confess that I thought first arc of Yu Yu Hakusho was boring as hell and hte last arc was too abrupt, that it ended too early and quickly. Apart from that, it's a great manga and one of my favorites.

I confess that DBZ got bad and then worse after Frieza Saga, if not Saiyan Saga. Dragon Ball is one of the best action shounen ever.

destiny4ever
August 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
I confess I have become a bit addicted to K-dramas, so much that I’m currently watching two K-dramas at the same time.

Asarii
August 27, 2012, 11:48 PM
I confess I hate the Tobito theory and it pisses me off. If Tobi is Obito, it'd be a shitty, horrible writing.
I confess that I want this to be true. :p

I enjoy reading shonen action manga like a lot of people, but I'm more interested in how the characters interact and grow rather than the battles itself. I can never understand why X move is stronger than Y move or why Z move is the most superior out of this particular type. (From my observation of fandoms, it seems that gamers are more likely to wrap their heads around how a battle system works.)

I'm basing some of my decisions on which anime to watch by the seiyuus. I'm eager to watch a certain series even if my favourite actors are minor characters.

Crude
August 28, 2012, 04:38 PM
I confess that I cannot watch series that are not in High-Definition and/or that aren't widescreen, particularly early digitally coloured shows. I am so used to watching HD programming/film that anything else just looks so blurry to me, though only when it comes to watching something on a computer screen since I tend to be closer to it. This is bad for me since there a lot of good anime series that came before HD/widescreen, yet I can't appreciate them as I once used too. However, this seems to be more an issue with the quality in which these shows were ripped/taped, seeing as I own the Ghost In The Shell 1&2 blu-ray and had no problem at all (maybe the up-scaling was pretty well done).

naruto-niichan
September 12, 2012, 02:11 PM
Big time confession:

One Piece is my favorite ongoing shounen, but I still am not quite sure why I like it so much, I feel I have seen most of what it covers in other shounen, Dragon Ball(Young Goku) had very similar stuff, though I still think One Piece is ORIGINAL! I am confused, it is like the only thing that keeps going on and on and on, and it is just interesting to me. I use terms like original, Oda-eque, One Piece-ness, to describe really the thing that I really can not explain why I LOVE One Piece. I get the feeling that I should not like it much, but I just can not stop. :XD

I confess that I used to like One Piece a lot more. Nowadays I'm a bit meh towards the series because as awesome as it can be, the last few arcs didn't impress me that much. The War was a so-so for me (end was great though), Fishman Island was horrible and the current arc is okay. I feel like the pace is rather bad lately and the anime with it's even more horrible pace doesn't help =/

I don't really get why such an amount of people seems to be totally happy and fond of One Piece these days. Granted, it's better than most battle shounens out there but it's not what it used to be, at least for me.

Bomber D Rufi
September 15, 2012, 10:28 PM
I confess that I used to like One Piece a lot more. Nowadays I'm a bit meh towards the series because as awesome as it can be, the last few arcs didn't impress me that much. The War was a so-so for me (end was great though), Fishman Island was horrible and the current arc is okay. I feel like the pace is rather bad lately and the anime with it's even more horrible pace doesn't help =/

I don't really get why such an amount of people seems to be totally happy and fond of One Piece these days. Granted, it's better than most battle shounens out there but it's not what it used to be, at least for me.

Gotta say I agree with you. I DO understand why people are fond of One piece, but I definitely agree with you that while it's 'Great' now, it's not as 'Amazing' as it used to be. That is in no way saying it's terrible or anything. I also agree with you on the pacing....Even before the War arc, the pacing has kinda glacerized. (TM). Granted it's far better than the basically nothing that happens in a Bleach chapter, but it's getting to the point that it's like only marginally better, which makes me sorta sad. :(

On topic....I don't have much to confess. Um, I guess I sorta like how Fukuchi Tsubasa's female characters aren't ridiculously stacked and are in fact a little chubby sometimes. (I'm going to hell.) :epicfacepalm

I also confess to not watching Sword Art Online, and beginning to regret it, and that I sorta like Eureka 7 AO more than the first one. (I think I may be the only one on the internet who feels this way.) I also confess that If I could take back translating Magi, I totally would. I missed that bandwagon so hard and now I have a massive regret cloud hanging over me. :(

naruto-niichan
September 16, 2012, 06:26 AM
Good to see someone's sharing my opinion about OP. Don't misunderstand me, I do get why people are fond of the series but it's like no one seems to notice the drop in quality. Most people still are all "It's so freaking amazing wtf" and I just don't get it. I really love "Naruto" as a series but I'm not that blind to see how much the quality dropped.

Well I do not want to make it sound like I'm bashing the series, everyone his own opinion.

I also confess to not watching Sword Art Online, and beginning to regret it, and that I sorta like Eureka 7 AO more than the first one. (I think I may be the only one on the internet who feels this way.) I also confess that If I could take back translating Magi, I totally would. I missed that bandwagon so hard and now I have a massive regret cloud hanging over me. :(

Overrated, seriously. I've watched it since the beginning and while it's definitely a good show I feel like people are overreacting. I guess a good story with top-notch animation is just that rare these days.

Bomber D Rufi
September 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
Good to see someone's sharing my opinion about OP. Don't misunderstand me, I do get why people are fond of the series but it's like no one seems to notice the drop in quality. Most people still are all "It's so freaking amazing wtf" and I just don't get it. I really love "Naruto" as a series but I'm not that blind to see how much the quality dropped.

Well I do not want to make it sound like I'm bashing the series, everyone his own opinion.

Overrated, seriously. I've watched it since the beginning and while it's definitely a good show I feel like people are overreacting. I guess a good story with top-notch animation is just that rare these days.

Hm. I guess I may watch it when I have a bit of time then. The premise sounded kind of dumb, but the press it's been getting has done it's job of intriuging me I guess. For real though, good stories with top notch animation are sort of rare nowadays, although I really don't care much about animation as long as the plot is gripping and or funny.

thatguy3331
September 22, 2012, 05:00 PM
Confession time:

Fanservice: I don't really care about it, yet don't despise it like the plauge, if the art is good enough for that sort of thing and its outside of story developments/fights/and other important momments, I'm otherwise fine with it

I've also never seen DBZ aside form the parodies of youtube, and I place Konjiki no gash on a level most fans place DBZ. I've also never seen Naruto and when I first started getting into manga I promised myself to avoid it for a while due to its popularity (ironicly my second manga was one piece)

SEGWAY! This one piece one got long XD

As far as One Piece is concerned, I admit some of the jokes are corny, but other times I still laugh at the characters antics. I also admit its fairly slow, and the anime dosn't really help that much. A one piece kai would be nice, but I seriously doubt its possible due to its length. Which always brings up the question, I've heard before that Oda initially wanted One Piece to last only five years but kept going cause he was having fun with it. Aside form me crowing oda as the best make up as you go along author I've ever seen (and constantly use this against's Kubo's bleach who's clearly doing the same) I keep wondering: HOW WAS THIS SERIES GOING TO FIT IN THE SPAN OF 5 YEARS WITH ALL THATS HAPPENED?! since the war arc was the halfway point, what were the added Ideas, the remaining ones, how would the timeskip and crew members have been handled and WTF could Oda be planning as an ending that hasn't changed since day one?! ok that second part wasn't really gripes but stuff I REALLY want to know. Outside of the series itself, I've come to hate a majority of the fanbase, at least the ones who are all egotistical about being a fan of the series like they're on noahs arc and this has grown considerably after watching this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ltLVPU8CiE). One Piece got good for me when Luffy popped out of the barrel! screw anyone else who says "skip it til CP9!!" Also I generally dislike discussing One Piece. I don't mind talking about some things but its a series I enjoy watching and getting caught up in the mommenttium of then trying to break it apart bit by bit into reality questions and other stuff, especially the goofy momments! As a guy who grew up purely on cartoons I DON'T WANT TO ANALYZE JOKES!!

Lastly let these things about me be known:
I like Aoi better than Hilda and acctually didn't Like Hilda until the demon high arc (though she was badass regardless).

I don't care how many speeches he gives or how his harem works, Kamijou Touma is still one of my favorite harem leads and main male characters in general.

I wasn't a huge fan of the game aspect in the greed Island arc of HxH when I read it in the manga but hope the anime does something about it to change my mind.

I write a fanfic of Gash Bell using its world yet with my own characters and other OCs with my own cannon, and am DAMN PROUD OF IT.

I despise with bloody passion the beelzebub anime adaptation and hope it burns it hell.

I don't give a flying rats anus about a vast majority of the shinigami in Bleach and wished it focused more on Ichigo's circle of friends.

The disappearance of Haruhi did not, I repeat NOT make me ship Kyon with Yuki and I still ship him with Haruhi. and lastly, but absolutly not least:

SCREW FAIRY TAIL AND EVERY LAST CONCENTRATED FORCE OF HOT AIR IT SPOUTS ABOUT FIRENDSHIP, LOVE AND ANYTHING SIMILAR!! IT. SOUNDS. SO. FAKE. TO. ME!!!

Hu...Hu...Hu...

Well, I'm glad I got that done... now I'll go chill out. Gez I should stop going to these confession threads they get me riled up.

Darjaille
September 29, 2012, 06:55 AM
I confess that 99% of the time in pairings, I cheer for the "tough" guy, not the sweet boy-next-door...

And I confess that when the pairings don't go as I was hoping they would (what doesn't happen often), it spoils my enjoyment a lot...

I started watching Dream High, I'm only on episode 5, and since I was so smart (>_>;; ) as to google up who Hye Mi ends up with, I don't even want to continue although I reaaally love the drama so far. I wanted her to fall in love with the other one..... T___T I hope he doesn't get too heartbroken in the end :crying

..even though I have to continue and let the drama have a chance to convince me that the pairing is the right one, I'm now kind of meh :/

Doraku
October 09, 2012, 03:19 AM
I confess I don't like seeing crack pairing fanarts in Manga and Anime that I like. They are just bizzare and makes me feel uncomfortable most of the time.

I confess I was a skeptic for Shoujo and Josei Manga before I read Kimi no Todoke and Chihayafuru. Now I think I would broaden my interest more, there are many good Shoujo and Josei manga out there.

Schabrak
October 09, 2012, 01:09 PM
I confess I was a skeptic for Shoujo and Josei Manga before I read Kimi no Todoke and Chihayafuru. Now I think I would broaden my interest more, there are many good Shoujo and Josei manga out there.
There are good manga in every single genre, only that you may not like to read some of those. :P

The ratio of hentai to non-hentai manga I read may be more balanced than it should.-_-;

naruto-niichan
October 09, 2012, 04:02 PM
I confess I don't like seeing crack pairing fanarts in Manga and Anime that I like. They are just bizzare and makes me feel uncomfortable most of the time.

Agreed on the first~

and I wouldn't have thought that you were so sceptic :o there are such wonderful shoujo and josei manga out there. You should definitely check out Ao Haru Ride (http://myanimelist.net/manga/24294/Ao_Haru_Ride) and Sangatsu no Lion (http://myanimelist.net/manga/1224/3_Gatsu_no_Lion)

Doraku
October 09, 2012, 08:43 PM
There are good manga in every single genre, only that you may not like to read some of those. :P

That's true, sometimes choosing Manga according to a genre/demographic can be misleading.

and I wouldn't have thought that you were so sceptic :o there are such wonderful shoujo and josei manga out there. You should definitely check out Ao Haru Ride (http://myanimelist.net/manga/24294/Ao_Haru_Ride) and Sangatsu no Lion (http://myanimelist.net/manga/1224/3_Gatsu_no_Lion)

I guess what turns me down is I was not used to Shoujo and Josei art style with all the bishies.. I think I should try to read Ao Haru Ride too. By the way, Sangatsu no Lion is a Seinen manga since it is published in Young Animal :p even though the Author is famous with her Josei works.

Related to Schabrak's confession: I confess that I read so many X-rated doujins this year more than I intended to. :derp

lawlett-kun
October 09, 2012, 10:22 PM
I confess that 99% of the time in pairings, I cheer for the "tough" guy, not the sweet boy-next-door...

And I confess that when the pairings don't go as I was hoping they would (what doesn't happen often), it spoils my enjoyment a lot...

I started watching Dream High, I'm only on episode 5, and since I was so smart (>_>;; ) as to google up who Hye Mi ends up with, I don't even want to continue although I reaaally love the drama so far. I wanted her to fall in love with the other one..... T___T I hope he doesn't get too heartbroken in the end :crying

..even though I have to continue and let the drama have a chance to convince me that the pairing is the right one, I'm now kind of meh :/

oh you wanted her with taechyeon?*sorry forgot characters name*

I confess I wanted Gin and Rangiku to run away some place far away *_* damn aizen-pyon

Asarii
October 16, 2012, 02:12 AM
I confess that I ship some questionable pairings. Feel free to ask about them in my thread/through PM, but I'll just say that I have good justifications for it. It's not completely random.
Shingeki no Kyojin is indeed a very good manga, but I wouldn't call it great. I'm still trying to figure out what others see in it so I'd love to hear some opinions. :)

Doraku
October 16, 2012, 06:09 AM
Shingeki no Kyojin is indeed a very good manga, but I wouldn't call it great. I'm still trying to figure out what others see in it so I'd love to hear some opinions. :)

I'd say that it's because Shingeki is very thrilling to me. It's one of the Manga where I always anticipated every chapter, but my assessment could possibly be wrong, since who knows maybe the ending would not be as strong as the setup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I confess that I want Billy Bat serialized weekly instead of Bi-weekly.

destiny4ever
October 26, 2012, 09:59 PM
My next confession is about Bleach…
I haven’t read Bleach in months but I know that a few good guys have died during this arc (I read some reviews about the chapter now and then). I confess that while it was a complaint from the fandom that KT was known for not killing the good guys, now it seems he is killing good guys right and left. I do wonder why he chose this last arc to kill as many good guys as possible, and I don’t know maybe it is the way the good guys are dying but I’m not a big fan of what is happening in Bleach atm.

Teeba
November 02, 2012, 11:06 AM
If I hadn't been so dissatisfied and disappointed in Beelzebub's current arc (Couple Grand Prix), I probably wouldn't have gotten into Magi so whole-heartedly. But now that I have, I feel kind of terrible for assuming things about Magi that I know aren't particularly true. Not only is the manga itself awesome, but fandom is a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

On that note, Beelzebub's current arc is a constant reminder of how much I hate ship wars. It reminds me of all the other times fandom has made me incredibly unhappy and shallow about "picking a side" and believing it like some kind of personal ideology. Don't get me wrong, I am a MASSIVE SHIPPER. I have OTPs and pairings that I like in every manga that I've possibly ever read. I've fangirled with fellow shippers, I've bought doujinshi about my favorite pairings, and I've even tried to organize a fan-event for one of them (it failed). But at the same time, it inevitably creates this us vs them mentality that takes out a lot of fun in enjoying the manga/anime for what it is. In a bitter state of mind, I think Tamura is trolling his own fandom just to see us devolve into such a state.

Maybe I'm wrong and there will be a surprise ending to this arc.

Anyway, now on to another confession: A part of me really wishes Aladdin from Magi were a girl, so we could have two female magi and two male magi. But then, so much of the story would have changed, so I know it would have been a bad move in the long run. If not Aladdin, then at least either Judal or Yunan could have been female. I just think it would be slightly more interesting than you're usual "2-to-3 guys to every girl" formula.

Lastly, there's something about Magi that reminds me a lot of Pandora Hearts. And this disturbs me, because I really hated Pandora Hearts. But nonetheless, there is this bizarre similarity between them, like the main trio being a young male hero, and enigmatic (but powerful) girl, and a comic relief guy who is totally bros with the main hero. Of course it is a generalization, but hey, this is what confessions are for!

Googlez_kun
November 02, 2012, 11:13 AM
I confess that I find it agonizing whenever I see fans of a manga constantly misspelling names or terms. Examples from Naruto: Kakazu(Kakuzu) or Tsukayumi(Tsukuyomi)
Even though I'm not as big a fan as I used to be, it still bothers me an aweful lot.

destiny4ever
November 08, 2012, 09:37 PM
Time for a confession and once again is about Bleach:

I confess that I loved the Ichiruki moments in chapter 515 :luv. I really liked how Rukia was immediately able to notice that something was bothering Ichigo, that Ichigo was hiding something. I also confess that I’m glad that Byakuya and Kenpachi are alive.

Teeba
November 09, 2012, 08:07 AM
Alright, I give up. I confess I get easily annoyed how a woman wearing lipstick is often shown as a negative point in manga. Consider the following:

Urtear from Fairy Tail : When she was evil, she wore a nice shade of red lipstick. After the timeskip and we've established she's redeemed herself? The lipstick is gone.

Nene from Beelzebub: Nene was never evil, but her lipstick was definitely a sign of her delinquency. However, the mangaka has been showing her with it less and less, and in this current tournament arc, she isn't wearing it at all.

The mom-pirate from Magi: She wears lipstick, kidnaps children and makes them think she's their mom so they can go off and attack other ships for her.

I know its like a super minor point, but I like wearing make up, and when I see this trope being used it just annoys me.

Crude
November 09, 2012, 08:49 PM
^ That is kind of true, but I seem to remember that Nami used to wear lipstick (or lip gloss, or shiny lips, or whatever), and some of the female characters in Naruto do to (again maybe it's lip gloss, shiny lips, etc...).

Anyway, I confess that I'm disappointed in Reborn's ending. Not the actual chapter, but the fact that there totally should've been one last arc just to give the series some closure. In fact, that's the main problem with the series's ending, a lack of closure. Tsuna never really made his choice, be it which girl he likes or wether or not he'll really become the 10th Vongola boss. Plus a bunch of characters disappeared and never showed up again (Shamal), we never really understood the deal with the Cervello (who imo would make great villains), with the Earth Flames or the Hell Rings. I'm going to stop here, but basically I'm disappointed in all the stuff that the manga neglected to resolve before ending.

Schabrak
November 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
Alright, I give up. I confess I get easily annoyed how a woman wearing lipstick is often shown as a negative point in manga. Consider the following:

Urtear from Fairy Tail : When she was evil, she wore a nice shade of red lipstick. After the timeskip and we've established she's redeemed herself? The lipstick is gone.

Nene from Beelzebub: Nene was never evil, but her lipstick was definitely a sign of her delinquency. However, the mangaka has been showing her with it less and less, and in this current tournament arc, she isn't wearing it at all.

The mom-pirate from Magi: She wears lipstick, kidnaps children and makes them think she's their mom so they can go off and attack other ships for her.

I know its like a super minor point, but I like wearing make up, and when I see this trope being used it just annoys me.
Maybe it's more of a culture thing than being a trope, good that the majority of mature manga doesn't have those problems as far as I can remember.

Yeah the conclusion of KHR was disappointing, yet I didn't expect anything else from Amano, she seemed to have lost control of what was intended to happen for more than a year now. To be honest it was rather a mess, plot lines didn't converge, arcs just following the principle of beating those or these kinds of rings, only to turn those enemies into their partners. She should try some other formula, her art is beautiful, so please don't waste your talent on it anymore! How about some more female character, who actually appear once in a while instead of being one of the main support characters, while being sidelines for years only to end in a non-conclusion. Ah why did I even reply... it's just sad what happened. :( But not nearly as sad as reading comments like this being one of the best manga they ever read. XD

No big confessions but the old one again, I'm desperately trying to follow this seasons series, keeping up with on-hold ones get's harder and harder. Ah life. :D

M3J
November 14, 2012, 02:29 AM
I confess for the first time in many weeks or months, I'm actually looking forward to next week's Naruto. And that I actually liked the cliffhanger.

naruto-niichan
November 14, 2012, 01:08 PM
I confess that I seriously, seriously hope for a Hunter x Hunter return in January. Neither Naruto nor Bleach or One Piece are what they used to be and even though Toriko, Nisekoi, etc. give me a good entertainment I'm seriously missing something awesome in Jump. I'm praying that Togashi will return with an epic continuation.

M3J
November 15, 2012, 04:11 PM
I confess that Beelzebub is one of the very few manga that I actually look forward to more than Naruto.

I also confess I wish I could insult the Tobito theorists because I blame them for the whole Tobito bullshit. The flashback is what really ruined it. Tobi's reason for becoming evil was because he lost the love of his life. Though now that I think about it, he never really attempted to kill Minato, Naruto, or even Kakashi. Naruto was bait, Kakashi... THIS IS NOT NARUTO SECTION.

I confess this week's Beelzebub had me laughing my nipples off.

destiny4ever
November 15, 2012, 09:56 PM
I confess that I enjoyed reading this week’s chapter of Bleach. Kon’s return was a surprise I actually enjoyed. :D

Asarii
November 20, 2012, 09:06 PM
I confess that it took me a second reading to understand what was going on in the Punk Hazard arc (ONE PIECE). A lot of things are happening each week so now I know that each chapter should be read thoroughly. I'm glad I decided to go over the arc again because I've rekindled my fire for the series.

Doraku
November 21, 2012, 06:30 AM
I confess that it took me a second reading to understand what was going on in the Punk Hazard arc (ONE PIECE). A lot of things are happening each week so now I know that each chapter should be read thoroughly. I'm glad I decided to go over the arc again because I've rekindled my fire for the series.

So that's why I saw you posted in OP section, it's a rare case. :o

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I confess that I wish that 4-Koma manga could be more popular. Looking back at my early days of Otaku life, almost 60% stuff that I read were 4-Koma manga. I never get tired reading them because they were so simple yet very entertaining. Today I rarely findd any pure 4-Koma manga, normally it's only made for Omake purpose.

destiny4ever
November 22, 2012, 09:42 PM
I confess that I haven’t felt like this in quite a while but I’m actually looking forward to the next chapter of Bleach.

Crude
November 25, 2012, 10:45 AM
I confess that I hate the current trend of light-haired characters having eyelashes of the same colour as their hair. It just sticks out so much, not to mention it looks stupid and unnatural (unless maybe the character is an albino or something).

M3J
November 25, 2012, 03:06 PM
I confess I am greatly enjoying the latest Beelzebub arc that I keep rereading it just for the lulz when I can.

Googlez_kun
November 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
I confess that I hate the current trend of light-haired characters having eyelashes of the same colour as their hair. It just sticks out so much, not to mention it looks stupid and unnatural (unless maybe the character is an albino or something).
Déjà-vu.:notsure

Actually, it's not really a new trend. Manga-ka did that years ago.

Crude
November 25, 2012, 08:01 PM
^ Yeah, but now it's really noticeable :XD

Googlez_kun
November 25, 2012, 08:04 PM
:P

It's a nice effect I like, though I agree, it's a little over-used recently.

destiny4ever
December 06, 2012, 10:25 PM
I confess that Bleach’s latest chapter reminded of the good old Bleach days and of the reasons why I liked Bleach.

yukihime03
December 11, 2012, 09:44 AM
I confess that I am currently obsessed in shipping Miyamura and Hori (Horimiya). I've never been like this since Jellal and Erza. In truth, I'm not one for shipping couples but these couples just ask for it. Grr~

destiny4ever
December 14, 2012, 09:41 PM
I confess that the latest chapter of Bleach reminded me of two pairings I used to ship and still like: Kenpachi x Unohana and Shunsui x Nanao. I also confess that I have been greatly enjoying the last couple of chapters of Bleach.

M3J
December 15, 2012, 03:02 AM
I confess I love the fact that Shikaku and his group got killed or may have gotten killed in Naruto, even though I'm sad at the loss of Shikaku. The war needed deaths of characters we know.

Schabrak
December 15, 2012, 12:47 PM
And only at convenient time, when they couldn't create a strategy to win against a now overhelming enemy. :( It hurt, but it was far to late to be of any weight for the plot. Yeah, I see how Shikamaru could take over for the symbolic "next generation", but the point stands. I confess that I think Kishimoto is a pussy in that regard[and so or many other mangaka]. :P

Asarii
January 01, 2013, 10:33 PM
My confession is that I find antagonists or anti-heroes much more interesting than protagonists. In fact when I look at whom my favourite characters are in manga/anime, I notice that they are never the main characters. It doesn't mean that I don't like the protagonists (otherwise I wouldn't continue reading/watching the series), but I find the darker characters a lot of fun to pick at in terms of their personality and motives.

M3J
January 07, 2013, 12:02 AM
I caught up with Bleach, and I confess that I still have no idea why people kept complaining about it.

Doraku
January 10, 2013, 08:18 PM
My current confession : I confess that I believe debates revolve around romanticism/shipping in Manga and Anime should be separated from the discussion concerning the Anime and Manga itself, if it is not related with the current story line. Somehow I notice this lately, both non-shipper readers who hate shippers and the other way around are equally annoying. People should be comfortable in discussing what they want to talk about and I could not and would not understand why there is the need to antagonize each other in the discussion.

MiyamotoMusashi
January 11, 2013, 03:08 PM
My current confession : I confess that I believe debates revolve around romanticism/shipping in Manga and Anime should be separated from the discussion concerning the Anime and Manga itself, if it is not related with the current story line. Somehow I notice this lately, both non-shipper readers who hate shippers and the other way around are equally annoying. People should be comfortable in discussing what they want to talk about and I could not and would not understand why there is the need to antagonize each other in the discussion.

Easy. People´s image of a literary work (whether it is manga, novels or whatever) or even generally everything differ even though they are looking at, watching, listening or reading the same thing. In this particular case, some people just like to imagine certain characters being involved in a romantic relationship even though it is not shown in the piece itself. Some people on the other hand completely reject that image (whether they ship another relationship or non at all is secondary) because it does not coincide with their own, so discussions and arguments come up. I agree with you though, those who want to discuss it should do so without having to fear annoying posts.

Doraku
January 12, 2013, 01:31 PM
Easy. People´s image of a literary work (whether it is manga, novels or whatever) or even generally everything differ even though they are looking at, watching, listening or reading the same thing. In this particular case, some people just like to imagine certain characters being involved in a romantic relationship even though it is not shown in the piece itself. Some people on the other hand completely reject that image (whether they ship another relationship or non at all is secondary) because it does not coincide with their own, so discussions and arguments come up. I agree with you though, those who want to discuss it should do so without having to fear annoying posts.

What irritates me is more to the fact "Why people need be so preachy when it comes to shipping/non-shipping?!" though, not the shipping by itself. Of course shipping, either heterosexual or homosexual pairings are exist everywhere; the phenomenon is just inevitable. Polarization of fandom in regards to shipping is something I'd say normal and acceptable, but obviously there is no need for someone to have a severe case of holier-than-thou attitude in a discussion. I just notice lately that people who vehemently bashing shippers in a discussion are just as repulsive as people who ships evangelically. A separate place for the discussion might not abolish the intense flame wars, but I believe in some ways it could alleviate the problems.

----------------------------------

I confess that I might sound like a Weaboo for saying this, but I feel that most of the time I feel uncomfortable watching Anime in English dub. Probably there are only two Anime which English dub I could stand: Planetes and Evangelion.

Crude
January 12, 2013, 05:44 PM
Well to be honest, a lot of voice actors dubbing anime just aren't as good at the craft as their Japanese counterparts. I mean can you imagine western video games (the best example) that are know for their great voice acting featuring dub voice actors? It wouldn't sound very good. If for example you watch the Mass Effect anime feature and compare the voices in that (which feature American voice actors) to the voices in the actual game series, you'll notice a big difference in terms of quality.

PS: I'm with you on Evangelion. It's one of the few series that I actually prefer to watch dubbed (other examples include Baccano! and Persona 4 for the PS2).

Schabrak
January 13, 2013, 05:38 AM
What irritates me is more to the fact "Why people need be so preachy when it comes to shipping/non-shipping?!" though, not the shipping by itself. Of course shipping, either heterosexual or homosexual pairings are exist everywhere; the phenomenon is just inevitable. Polarization of fandom in regards to shipping is something I'd say normal and acceptable, but obviously there is no need for someone to have a severe case of holier-than-thou attitude in a discussion. I just notice lately that people who vehemently bashing shippers in a discussion are just as repulsive as people who ships evangelically. A separate place for the discussion might not abolish the intense flame wars, but I believe in some ways it could alleviate the problems.

----------------------------------

I confess that I might sound like a Weaboo for saying this, but I feel that most of the time I feel uncomfortable watching Anime in English dub. Probably there are only two Anime which English dub I could stand: Planetes and Evangelion.
Easily explained by haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. All you can do is try to let them listen to reason or use your mighty green colored words. :P

Who doesn't feel weirded out hearing Dubs? One's not accustomed nor does it look right to me watching anime with another language. Sometimes everything works, most of the time, not.

Doraku
January 13, 2013, 06:47 AM
Easily explained by haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. All you can do is try to let them listen to reason or use your mighty green colored words. :P

lol actually I was talking about internet fandom in general, not narrowly restricting its scope to this community. :p Yeah, the easiest way to cop out and argue from being calm in the shipping discussion of course is saying "haters gonna hate" catchphrase. I know I should care less about it, but it still bugs me in one way or another. Quite depressing, I must say.

Schabrak
January 13, 2013, 07:54 AM
Some people just don't want to budge from their opinion, as with everything else, a bias towards this or that will always lead to conflict.

Watching ME:Paragon Lost right now, Vega's voice is the original one, but I still can't stand him. The rest sounds pretty much like right out of Afro Samurai, neutral to bad. Movie is bad on it's own, predictable to the max. I hope Production I.G hadn't had any influence into the plot. I already regret watching it....

Crude
January 13, 2013, 11:06 AM
Yeah it's not that great. As for Vega, I don't really have an opinion of him to be honest, but I still think he's one of the better voices in Paragon Lost.

Teeba
January 22, 2013, 09:34 PM
Interesting discussion. I confess I have seen shippers act holier-than-thou more often than non-shippers, though I can easily see why non-shippers would pride themselves on being "above it all".

At DGraydivinity, we had a LOT of shippers, and for a while a moderator banned shipping discussions in the manga/anime section because she really didn't want to deal with the inevitable polarization that came with it. Instead, we had fanclubs where people could express their love and hate for ships. But after a while, I realized fandom became polarized anyway, but it had mellowed out as well (probably because D.Gray-man kept going on hiatus, sigh). Way after I became moderator, shipping threads started in the main forum, but they were really mild. Most times with shipping threads people just want to confess their opinion rather than engage in a debate. They'll do their business and move on. People who want to start shipping debates are hard to sympathize with though, and at best I think they geniunely want people to agree with them, at worst they are terrible trolls.

Obviously I am a huge shipper, but I think I may be a self-loathing one. o_O I don't mind talking about my ships, but I can't help but feel guilty about it too, as if I owe all the non-shippers a sense of diplomacy when I am clearly stating a very personal opinion.

I confess I have mixed feelings on how fast-paced the Magi anime is. On one had, its great that we are getting so much of the manga animated in one go, as A-1 is doing a great job of it. At the same time, it's sad knowing we'll probably never get a renewal after the series ends, or at least not for a while. I know Magi's become popular enough that it doesn't need the anime, but I really want it to become a big ol' franchise, with a movie and everything. A musical would work, even!

M3J
January 26, 2013, 11:46 PM
I remember Agrias and WL (or one of them) banning Naruto x Sakura and Naruto x Hinata shipping talk because it was the same thing, with same argument that they didn't deserve post counts for. :XD

I confess I'm embarrassed to admit that Bleach is more enjoyable than Naruto right now.

Kaiten
January 31, 2013, 12:31 AM
I confess I have mixed feelings on how fast-paced the Magi anime is. On one had, its great that we are getting so much of the manga animated in one go, as A-1 is doing a great job of it. At the same time, it's sad knowing we'll probably never get a renewal after the series ends, or at least not for a while. I know Magi's become popular enough that it doesn't need the anime, but I really want it to become a big ol' franchise, with a movie and everything. A musical would work, even!

Considering how popular it is, I'd expect a second season soon. It's been dominating popularity polls in Newtype, Doraku posted some over in Theater. Magi has even managed to breach the anime ratings top ten from time to time. Not every week, but even every once in a while is a big accomplishment. Most of the shows in the top ten have been there for ten years, or more. Sazae-san, Conan, One Piece, Chibi Maruka-chan. I'd expect a second season, movies, toys, everything. Not sure about a musical though. And the best part: no filler.

yukihime03
February 01, 2013, 06:20 AM
I confess I mostly read shoujo because I'm a hopeless romantic inside.

Ancy
February 01, 2013, 06:51 AM
I confess that the only shoujo manga I've read was Yokujō Climax... I confess it was too much for me!

cearon
February 01, 2013, 10:45 AM
Considering how popular it is, I'd expect a second season soon. It's been dominating popularity polls in Newtype, Doraku posted some over in Theater. Magi has even managed to breach the anime ratings top ten from time to time. Not every week, but even every once in a while is a big accomplishment. Most of the shows in the top ten have been there for ten years, or more. Sazae-san, Conan, One Piece, Chibi Maruka-chan. I'd expect a second season, movies, toys, everything. Not sure about a musical though. And the best part: no filler.

2. season is almost certain with the amount of material left in the manga and the popularity, thou it might be next year or this winter earliest probably. Thou i would not celebrate yet about the fact of no filler; if the earlier information is true (and so far they were), balbad arc is the last of this adaptation.and there was supposed to be some sort of story concerning a person with djinn equip.

i have to confess i would like a little slower pace on the anime it is still much better than some other manga adaptations. A-1 clearly did it justice.

Kaiten
February 01, 2013, 05:07 PM
I got my seasons wrong. Magi debuted in October, for some reason I put my foot in my mouth and said July. There's no actual guarantee of when they would debut a second season. A year after season one debuted is not an unreasonable expectation. You never know with these type of things. April 2014, October 2014. The may even do a movie before starting the next season. Whenever it comes, it's a safe bet this is not the end of the Magi anime. It's just a matter of treating it like a more conventional anime, rather than four cour shounen adaptions.

MiyamotoMusashi
February 01, 2013, 05:19 PM
Well, right now there are not really enough chapters for a second season to begin with, at least not with the immensely quick pacing. I think they put approx 72 chapters into 16 episodes till now, so you can expect this season to finish with approx 100-110 chapters.

Doraku
February 01, 2013, 05:41 PM
Concerning Magi, there was a rumor back then, I already shared that in Magi Anime thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/78579-Magi-Anime-Discussion-Thread?p=3237836&viewfull=1#post3237836). A Bones show would take its current time slot for several months, then it's highly likely that the Magi would return after that. Still, it's only a rumor, but it's better than no information at all.

I confess that the only shoujo manga I've read was Yokujō Climax... I confess it was too much for me!

You picked a bad manga as a starter :lmao, I randomly read this one month ago, it's just too random, yes, even according to Shoujo manga standards.

Asarii
February 09, 2013, 02:36 AM
I confess that no matter how proficient a translator is at his/her job, they'll never be able to truly obtain the essence of the Japanese language- by essence, I mean traits that go beyond vocabulary and grammar.

Japanese has several first person pronouns (watashi/atashi/boku/ore) as I'm sure many of us know, and depending on which one is used, we can get a general impression about the character even if they only spoke one line. On the other hand, English would translate all these pronouns into "I". A full sentence example would be, "I ate": in Japanese we can say, tabeta (literal translation), tabemashita (more polite), meshiagarimashita (even more polite), tabetaze (masculine/informal/definitive like "yes, I DID eat it"), kutta (informal), etc. Those are just simple examples, and a lot more can be interpreted from complex sentences where two characters speaking standard Japanese can alter speech patterns to fit their personality.

Doraku
February 09, 2013, 06:42 AM
^

I read a Japanese translator's blog months ago, he was disappointed by the same problem too, especially with VIZ translation. Too bad I forget where did I read it, but if my memory serves me right, even the way how a person throwing an insult and swearing could imply a person's social status. Asian languages are tend to be more.. dynamic in the way they address themselves, so I don't put the blame entirely on translator's fault.

Teeba
February 09, 2013, 01:22 PM
But the problem isn't that we will never get the true meaning of what is being said, its that translation companies need the localization in order for them to market manga. And the localization that occurs depends on what the company deems is suitable. Translation companies also do demographic studies to see what sells and what doesn't, and that affects localization too. Do teenagers swear in manga? Is it suitable to show them saying things like fuck, shit, asshole? Would you lose potential buyers if you depict showing the teenagers actually swearing as oppose to mildly swearing? Its a wonder how scanlation groups and license companies can keep up with it, if at all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think its an issue with the proficieny of the translation, its an issue of business strategy over academic accuracy. Its a bittersweet feeling, that you have to lose the culture manga is steeped in just to be able to follow along. But at the same time, the original scanlation groups and foreign license companies had to cross that bridge too, otherwise we wouldn't be able to read manga in this kind of environment we do currently. In an ideal society, of course we should strive to making the translations as close to the original meaning as possible.

Confession: I am really psyched about Beelzebub vol. 20 coming out, because I have sinking suspicion its going to have a lot of extras in it. I finally bought volume 19 today and it seems Tamura-sensei is trying to promote the Tissues Arc. I was so sure he was going to troll the fanbase by having emphasis placed on the Christmas Arc instead, but I'm a wrong (much to my delight).

Doraku
February 10, 2013, 09:15 AM
^

The funny thing is sometimes the translation of insults in Manga is more.. acerbic than the actual sayings in Japanese language. If, for example, a translator decides to censor harsh words due to business issues, I wouldn't mind, that reason alone is ample as an underlying basis for censoring words that could be harmful to teenagers and toddlers. But what would happen if the case is the other way around? In my previous post, I remembered that a professional translator is lamenting on his blog about how the words of Shinichi Chiaki of Nodame Cantabile is translated as "bitch" in the official translation. My memory is a bit hazy concerning the details of his argument, but one thing I could remember is considering the background of Shinichi's character as a whole - his social background coming from a noble class etc - such word is illogical to be said by him. This professional translator further made a research into the original Japanese text, and found out that the nuances given by the actual word is not really that condescending.

I know probably this is an over analyzing on his part; Probably the word "bitch" would not make any difference if it is being read by Western audience. One thing that I want to emphasize is, there is something that you couldn't translate because of different mindsets caused by language barrier.

Asarii
February 11, 2013, 12:38 AM
I read a Japanese translator's blog months ago, he was disappointed by the same problem too, especially with VIZ translation. Too bad I forget where did I read it, but if my memory serves me right, even the way how a person throwing an insult and swearing could imply a person's social status. Asian languages are tend to be more.. dynamic in the way they address themselves, so I don't put the blame entirely on translator's fault.
It's probably because Asian societies place huge importance on hierarchy more so than the West. It's not just between commoners and nobles either: adults talking to children will be different than a child talking to his/her grandparents. French has tu and vous; German has du and Sie; English used to have thou, but now we're just using "you" instead.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think its an issue with the proficieny of the translation, its an issue of business strategy over academic accuracy. Its a bittersweet feeling, that you have to lose the culture manga is steeped in just to be able to follow along. But at the same time, the original scanlation groups and foreign license companies had to cross that bridge too, otherwise we wouldn't be able to read manga in this kind of environment we do currently. In an ideal society, of course we should strive to making the translations as close to the original meaning as possible.
I agree that the audience (i.e. the Western audience) is been taken into account, and I don't blame the translators at all. It's just that the "personality of the speaker" can get lost in translation because English is not as flexible as Japanese in how its sentences can be manipulated. The reason why I wrote the post in the first place was because some fans have thought that a character said a particular line when it was actually another character who said it instead. There would be a distinction as to who said what in Japanese that is unfortunately not clear in English.

I'm sure it's the same for English being translated into Japanese as well. Japanese fans who understand English aren't too pleased with the Japanese translations of Harry Potter, and I had a hard time reading some Japanese translations of European classics because the translator made the dialogue much more complicated than it had to be.

destiny4ever
April 30, 2013, 08:49 PM
I confess that I have enjoyed reading the latest chapters of Bleach a lot!! :) Isshin’s arc has been very good so far. It has made me see Isshin in a new light. :cool: Ichigo’s mom is awesome and it is really fun to see how Ichigo is similar to his dad in some aspects and similar to his mom in other aspects. Another character I find very cool and interesting is Uryuu's dad.

So yep, I confess that the latest chapters of Bleach have renewed my fondness for this manga.

destiny4ever
June 02, 2013, 10:37 PM
I confess that it has been some time since I have enjoyed watching an Asian drama so much as I’m currently enjoying watching “Gu Family Book”. I’m enjoying watching this K-drama even more than the anime series I’m currently watching, that is how much I like GFB. :)

I also confess that I was expecting for “Red: Data Girl” to turn into a better anime series. It had the potential and all the right elements to become an awesome series, sadly it failed to become one, IMHO. I’ll watch the last three episodes but unless something spectacular happens, I don’t think I will change my opinion about this series.

phio_chan
June 05, 2013, 11:42 PM
I confess that it has been some time since I have enjoyed watching an Asian drama so much as I’m currently enjoying watching “Gu Family Book”. I’m enjoying watching this K-drama even more than the anime series I’m currently watching, that is how much I like GFB. :)

About this I also have something I want to confess: I found fans' dramatic complaints related to this series unnecessary (if I have to use stronger words, pathetic). While I know each has their own opinion, at times it feels like growing too much that prevents them from enjoying this series for what is. I'm biased as well for loving Lee Seung Gi so much that I watched this series, but eventually it shows the potential, not only thanks to Seung Gi but other casts too. So I found the negativity for other casts (don't need to name them one by one) unnecessary, despite what they did outside the shooting places. What matters in the drama is how they act. I'm really sad for those fans who because of their hatred towards certain actors/actresses may stop enjoying this drama.

I also confess that I was expecting for “Red: Data Girl” to turn into a better anime series. It had the potential and all the right elements to become an awesome series, sadly it failed to become one, IMHO. I’ll watch the last three episodes but unless something spectacular happens, I don’t think I will change my opinion about this series.

I'll have to apologize to you, des-chan, for dropping RDG and forgot to tell you about that. That's why I didn't visit the thread at OT anymore. ^^; Sorry, but I really can't take the slow plot anymore. With more potential titles like Shingeki and drama like GFB... I'd rather save my time for them, lol. Sorry!

Asarii
June 06, 2013, 04:31 PM
I admit that when I look for anime to watch, I base it on which seiyuu is in it. I might watch it if my favourite is a secondary character, and I'll definitely watch if s/he is a voicing a protagonist or a character that appears frequently. I never expected I'd be one of "those" people, but there you go.

I do have standards though: if the series is completed, I make sure a good anime happens to have that seiyuu in it. :p

liductan
June 06, 2013, 08:32 PM
I confess I started reading fairy tail at first because of fan service.

destiny4ever
June 26, 2013, 10:27 PM
I confess that I have mixed feelings about how “Gu Family Book” ended. On the one hand, I liked the ending because it had some very beautiful and touching moments; but on the other hand, I didn’t like it because it was very cruel, it wasn’t very satisfying and because it didn’t feel like an ending at all! We had an open ending that wasn’t a very good one. The ending does offer the possibility of a second season, but if there isn’t a second season then I have no clue why they ended things in such way, why they concluded this K-drama with such a mediocre ending. *sighs*

I confess that I really, really hope that there is a second season of “Gu Family Book”.

Teeba
June 27, 2013, 04:16 AM
I confess I really hate shipping wars and the concept of "winning" because of it. It completely ostracizes fandom and I find it demeaning to female characters in general. Its one thing if its a harem, the whole point of the manga/anime would be which girl will the protagonist fall for. But if its not even a romance manga its ridiculous.

Its ridiculous because then you think the greatest accomplishment a female character should have is getting together with hero. Or her role is so important the hero should fall for her. I understand that female characters have a high tendency of getting romantic plotlines anyway, but her getting or not getting together with the hero shouldn't be the foundation for why you read/watch something. Unless its, you know, an actual romance franchise.

I know this sounds patronizing, but I just had to get it off my chest.

Newkerzy
June 28, 2013, 08:50 AM
^Bit of a reply to the above, I confess that I absolutely despise the Big 3 shipping in Naruto. Kishi can't even write decent teenaged girls. It's absolutely ridiculous. And with how he pretty much spits on his own heroine speaks volumes.

Schabrak
July 06, 2013, 08:38 AM
You mean nearly every single female characters in Naruto not being able to stand up to the male characters. But it's no news, Kishimoto can't write strong female characters aside from enabling them to punch through walls. :P

Mei: neither during her Sasuke or Madara fight was allowed to shine.
Hinata: died for Naruto, "confessed" her love, spit on like one chapter after holding hands with Naruto.
Tsunade: stab, stab, stab, nothing to worry about, she will just heal afterwards
Sakura: Yeah I'm also Team 7, but the weakest link with no role aside from healing. She should be happy to have gotten a big panel with her hitting the ground.:3c

I'm thankful that romance isn't allowed on the Thousand Sunny.

Xadyu
August 07, 2013, 04:06 AM
I confess that for some reason this is the first chapter of Naruto I liked since the Invasion of Pain arc.

I'm sorry! I don't even know why!! :crying

Newkerzy
August 07, 2013, 08:29 AM
I have a confession to make: I just read Koe no Katachi's oneshot, and I have never felt so pissed at a couple of manga characters ever. To the point I feel like murdering them in the most horrible ways.

Why? because Koe no Katachi's story hits way too close to home as I'm a hearing impaired as well.

Other than that, a solid story, nonetheless. I'm glad it got a serialization.

Asarii
August 28, 2013, 12:55 AM
I liken the popularity of Shingeki no Kyojin to Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire. Both were somewhat well-known prior to their respective shows within manga and fantasy lit circles, but it wasn't until the first episode aired that their popularity spiked up within a short period of time. People who've seen the HBO show began to read the books, and those who watched the anime bought a couple of copies of the tankobon. There are a couple of SnK merchandises that I've seen on the net -the body pillow comes to mind- and GoT have also released quite a number of goods that weren't around prior to the show.

As for the two works themselves, the world the characters live in is grisly and a lot of people die.

Doraku
September 05, 2013, 04:48 AM
I have posted this in another place, but posting here wouldn't hurt. I confess I have been blaming (mostly) myself for not being able to buy an anime magazine because of how the cover looks. Sure, some people could argue that I'm adult enough to choose what I want, but being raised in a pretty conservative family has its cons. I'm too lazy to explain to my family, or even making arguments why I buy that at the first place.

On the other case, I confess that how tax works for imported motion picture works in my country is absolutely ridiculous. You the price for a Blu-ray + tax could exceed three times of the Blu-ray itself.

Schabrak
September 05, 2013, 08:10 PM
Wagatsuma from Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome and Kyouko from Horimiya both have brown hair, not blond ones as I imagines throughout most of the reading. I can't imagine Hori not being blond anymore, it looks so good in b&w. :(

Not that I would have a particular fetish for a hair color...