PDA

View Full Version : Powers Blackbeard's next DF ability

karamm
November 30, 2010, 02:34 PM
I dont know if there was a pervious thread about this topic. I didnt bother going back through the threads looking for it, so I just made a new one.

Im sure a lot of people have thought about this. I think Blackbeard can and will attain a new DF ability. If he already has 2, why cant he have a 3rd ability?

His pirate flag is kind of a hint as well.
http://www.mangareader.net/103-2342-10/one-piece/chapter-235.html

He has one of the most feared logia abilities, and probably the strongest paramecia ability, so maybe he'd go for a fish type ability (if they do exist), which will allow him to swim.
His flag kind indicates that he might have or will go after the Cerberus DF. I think it'd suit him since it would be one of the strongest Zoan type abilities.

Geez
November 30, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hm I always assumed he already ate the Cerberus DF, giving him the ability to eat 2 other DF. Now that he already ate the DF of darkness and stole WhiteBeard's DF, he has three devil fruits : 1 Zoan, 1 Logia, 1 paramecia.
Sorry but i higly doubt he will get a new DF :(

karamm
November 30, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hm I always assumed he already ate the Cerberus DF, giving him the ability to eat 2 other DF. Now that he already ate the DF of darkness and stole WhiteBeard's DF, he has three devil fruits : 1 Zoan, 1 Logia, 1 paramecia.
Sorry but i higly doubt he will get a new DF :(

I remember reading that he ate the Cerberus DF, so I guess it was you that proposed it.
The assumptions I made were based on if he did not have a 3rd devil fruit ability already.
However, dont you think Oda would've showed us his ability (Cerberus') during his fights?

Dark God Zeus
November 30, 2010, 05:14 PM
Shanks has three scars from some type of slash. Cerberus would fit that.

OdaForPresident
November 30, 2010, 05:40 PM
The Cerberus prediction has been around for a couple years already and its one that I support as well. Don't know who thought of it first though.

So yeah, no more fruit powers for old Blackbeard is my guess.

karamm
November 30, 2010, 06:52 PM

The scars on Shanks' face are pretty small to be caused by a monster like a Cerberus. You never know though.
[hr]

The Cerberus prediction has been around for a couple years already and its one that I support as well. Don't know who thought of it first though.

So yeah, no more fruit powers for old Blackbeard is my guess.

Doesnt a Cerberus have one body but 3 heads? That wolf zoan from Enies Lobby (cant remember his name) said that 2 fruits will destroy eachother as well as the body containing them, so I dont really think he already had the Cerberus ability.
I think it has something to do with his yami DF. Doesnt he swallow things into his own dimension? So, maybe he can absorb ones abilities into his dimension and access them whenever he wills. Of course there should be a limit to how many fruits he can handle or own, so if he can acquire one more, it should be the last.

BlackHair
December 01, 2010, 12:10 AM
The Cerberus prediction has been around for a couple years already and its one that I support as well. Don't know who thought of it first though. Years? The war arc was over like 25 chapters ago. Not even close a year. And I never heard of a Cerberus theory before that, just based on his flag.

Hopefully no more DF powers for BB. It was already a shitty move of Oda to give him two.

Baron Vorg
December 01, 2010, 05:58 AM
from first i think teach have 3 df abillity, and i always thinking he have myth zoan cerberus power.. :D
cerberus have 3 heads same as in teach's flag... :D

OdaForPresident
December 01, 2010, 06:05 AM
Years? The war arc was over like 25 chapters ago. Not even close a year. And I never heard of a Cerberus theory before that, just based on his flag.

That is what I'm referring to, the prediction being made because of his flag having three heads on it. I remember reading about that prediction a long time before the war started. Of course the bases for the theory has grown substantially because of what happened during the war.

chess4
December 01, 2010, 09:24 AM
from first i think teach have 3 df abillity, and i always thinking he have myth zoan cerberus power.. :D
cerberus have 3 heads same as in teach's flag... :D

i think teach has already eaten the fruit, and thats the reason why he could eat the darkness and quake fruit. he has 3 bodies per say.

Cizuz
December 01, 2010, 02:36 PM
Years? The war arc was over like 25 chapters ago. Not even close a year. And I never heard of a Cerberus theory before that, just based on his flag.

Hopefully no more DF powers for BB. It was already a shitty move of Oda to give him two.

The cerburas theory is almost as old as one piece. The first time we meet blackbeard it shows his flag, three heads, then by luffy and zoro when nami asked who he was, they comment "Not "he" it's "they"."

That sparked the theory and as time went by the theory kinda was "disproven" by him having the yami yami no mi due to two fruits = death. Some speculated that he had 2 fruits, cerberus and darkness, but it kinda fell through; until the war that is. The theory received it's biggest boost of creditibility due to that war.

RamaJaya
December 01, 2010, 03:20 PM
Wish he had a turtle zoan. That'd give him perfect defence, wich he seems to lack.

Channy
December 01, 2010, 05:05 PM
Wish he had a turtle zoan. That'd give him perfect defence, wich he seems to lack.

Instead of a turtle Zoan do a Blastoise Zoan although it would never happen it would still be pretty cool

Poneglyph420
December 02, 2010, 04:32 PM
IMO There's no way he has or will get another DF.. If so I'd still severly doubt it's gonna be a mythic zoan.. of a mythic creature we have already seen.. That's very Un-Oda IMHO....

No more DF for BB is my vote...
Maybe just a swift smack in the face...

that's better.

Jorge D. Dragon
December 02, 2010, 04:59 PM
He is just too brocken now. Another DF will make his achievments even more cheap, but it will make Luffy's win over him even greater.
I do hope that he won't get any new DF, though it can be also that the theory of him having already Cerberus Mystical Zoan before he got Yami fuit can be true, but also it may be as Marco stated and he has some weird body that allowed him to use two DF.

Umbra Wolf
December 03, 2010, 09:53 AM
I hear this Cerberus theory for the first time actually. Makes a lot of sense yet there is not any more decisive proof than for any other theory.
But jolly Rogers always mean something and always symbolize something important. a characteristic, a trait anything directly connected to the captain. Nonetheless it is ridiculously hard to think of reason to justify Blackbeard's jolly roger. it could symbolize that he is two-faced 8or three faced) and really cunning.

What me bugged the most and still does:
What happened under the coat?
It is easy to explain away inconsistencies with two Dfs (yami no mi negates the quake fruit, Cerberus fruit, two bodies, etc.) yet the process of extracting the df power from the body is a big mystery.
Did he just suck it right out of whitebeard's body with the yami no mi? Did he suck out a growing new df? did he suck the intangible power?

the question in short:
I do not care 8at the moment) why BB has two df powers but how BB was able to get the second power from WB to begin with.

kulugo
December 03, 2010, 10:27 AM
well probably he found the secret (having 3 DF) of his DF (if cerberus) and it can only be activated by the yami yami no mi, that's why he waited so long for that fruit.

either way, it's a cool theory and i hope this one is true. id like to see BB in his cerberus form while controlling 2 elements.

Bugzee
December 03, 2010, 10:07 PM
He might already know the location of a particular devil fruit but needed to wait and rely on obtaining the Yami Yami no Mi first; in order to excuete his ultimate goal of being the first person in the OP World to have eaten three devil fruits and rise to the top as the Strongest Pirate in the World today. This is all speculation btw, so please don't take any of this too seriously. :neutral

Ashura_Ichibugin
December 04, 2010, 07:28 AM
What me bugged the most and still does:
What happened under the coat?
It is easy to explain away inconsistencies with two Dfs (yami no mi negates the quake fruit, Cerberus fruit, two bodies, etc.) yet the process of extracting the df power from the body is a big mystery.
Did he just suck it right out of whitebeard's body with the yami no mi? Did he suck out a growing new df? did he suck the intangible power?

the question in short:
I do not care 8at the moment) why BB has two df powers but how BB was able to get the second power from WB to begin with.

I am sure whatever happened under the coat is related to yami yami no mi. I think he extracted the fruit from Whitebeard's body. I also think being able to have 2 df is not related to yami yami no mi, it is related to his body.

On topic, no more fruits for Blackbeard.

matzik1212
December 04, 2010, 08:55 AM
yep i highly doubt him obtaining another DF ablility....i don't know but i really never saw BB as a real threat before the war on MF ...i always thought of him as just being a coward and i still think that ....he relies to much on his DF's abilities IMO... if he didn't have those powers he would be just a banal and boring character...i just hate the guy:amuse

frontaLobotomy
December 04, 2010, 09:11 AM
Does Teach need another DF? He might not have any defense, but he seems quite happy just to tank damage and get a free shot in afterwards. His flag is a strange one, but he's already the only person in recorded history to have eaten 2 fruits successfully, having a third just seems like overkilll to me.

Razh
December 04, 2010, 09:18 AM

Because there's no way in hell that human fingernails could cause such a scar.
Oh, wait, there is.

Blackbeard is able to get 2 devil fruit powers due to his body being atypical in some way. He already managed to do what nobody else did. Making him able to get a 3rd power would just be an overkill. And why would Blackbeard even bother? Like he needs some shitty zoan to complement his other 2 overpowered abilities.

Pirate flags shouldn't be taken literary. Oh, Shanks' flag has 2 swords on it, but he only wields one sword. How come?

Bhoot
December 04, 2010, 09:33 AM
Hmm has anybody thought that maybe in BB's Yami dimention , he has different ppl residing there [maybe his 2 brothers] and he just lets 1 of 'em out a bit when we wants 1 of the powers to activate .

OdaForPresident
December 04, 2010, 10:35 AM
I don't think Black Beard obtaining the Gura Gura no mi has anything to do with his darkness power. Why would he hide it from everyone's view if it was through the yami yami no mi that he obtained his new power? Everybody already knew that he had that power, so no reason to hide it. There must be some other secret connected with him that allowed him to take White Beards power. I'm still guessing Cerberus but even if it's not that then I still don't think darkness power.

Geez
December 04, 2010, 11:01 AM
Blackbeard is able to get 2 devil fruit powers due to his body being atypical in some way. [...] Pirate flags shouldn't be taken literary. Oh, Shanks' flag has 2 swords on it, but he only wields one sword. How come?

BlackBeard has a really tough body, he can take a lot of attacks but we always see him getting up afterwards. Stamina and fast recovery are qualities of Zoan. And if for any reason he hid his Zoan powers from his former crew, yes they would think that he have an atypical body. imo it would suck if there was no reason behind it apart from "being atypical in some way" :(

Sure, we can't take literally what a flag represents, but you have to admit that most of the time there is a unique feature that match with the captain's look, power or else. To recognize Shanks, the scars are more important than the swords, same goes for luffy and his hat, or WB and his mustache :amuse

Zehahaha
December 04, 2010, 01:56 PM
BlackBeard has a really tough body, he can take a lot of attacks but we always see him getting up afterwards. Stamina and fast recovery are qualities of Zoan.

No, fast recovery is the ability for the four guardians in ID, it was never shown nor said that Zoan users have fast recovery, like Dalton, Lucci, Pell. The guardians are shown to be an exception, and that they're awakened Zoans.

Anyway, BB should not have another a DF ability anymore, he already have two of the most broken abilities + his stamina and insane physical power.

scav
December 04, 2010, 04:41 PM
well i like the theory of cerberus and i go for it. But i don't think he will gain another power from now, or that will be ridiculous.

kidopitz27
December 04, 2010, 10:25 PM
if Oda adds another Df to BB he will become god-like maybe even the Wg will not touch him

so what if the yami yami no mi is like it just copied the DF ability and somewhere out there WB DF will come out

like BB's DF ability is to make a DF out of the darkness like it shape-shifts to become another DF

or

Geez
December 05, 2010, 07:53 AM
No, fast recovery is the ability for the four guardians in ID, it was never shown nor said that Zoan users have fast recovery, like Dalton, Lucci, Pell. The guardians are shown to be an exception, and that they're awakened Zoans.

Yes the four guardians were an exception of rare speed of recovery. But my point is: it can't pop out of nowhere, awakened zoan is the top limit of their powers, basically it means that fast recovery was already there but much less effective. The few examples of Zoan users you used have shown a weird capacity to overcome grave damages :blink

Nevertheless i admit that a third fruit power would make him too overwhelming but i can't ignore the strong hints of it either.