PDA

View Full Version : Movies The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! )

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 05:36 PM
DeathHallows are animals?

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 05:47 PM
Well not really animals? But you know Hagrid always have some funny creatures. I don;t know if the DeathHallows are animals or not but he might introduce us or know something about it, just a suggestion.

You forgot to tell me if you think Neville's parents will be involved somehow.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah sorry about that

I really don't think so right now they are mentally incapacitated, but they might help in a different way. They might help give neville some strength or guidance so he can join the fight against the death eaters.

*idea*

what if the deathhallows is the name of Harry's group against the deatheaters because the order wouldn'y let him join.

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 06:00 PM
Hold on, isn't Harry the leader of the Order of Phoenix?

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 06:05 PM
is he? I don't think so it would probably be on of the weaseleys or mad eye moody. He was the leader of DA dumbledores army

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 06:08 PM
is he? I don't think so it would probably be on of the weaseleys or mad eye moody. He was the leader of DA dumbledores army

My bad, I got confused. I got to read them again.
kadodo is baka sometimes.
That was a good suggestion you gave but I'm not sure why they will change their name from DA (Dumbledore's army) to DeathlyHallows.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 06:12 PM
they created DA to rebel against Umbridge so it's probably disbanded so they probably created DeathlyHallows to oppose the Death Eaters.

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 06:15 PM
You have a good point. However, I don't think they will come up with such a cruel name.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 06:18 PM
Also very good point maybe it's a third party?

(yay I'm finally a senior member just one more to go)

rhapsody blue
January 08, 2007, 06:20 PM
they created DA to rebel against Umbridge so it's probably disbanded so they probably created DeathlyHallows to oppose the Death Eaters.

That's a good theory considering hallows mean saints or holy people. Besides, Harry will need help from others since he can't singlehandedly take on Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 06:21 PM
I was thinking maybe muggles will join in on this fight against voldemort

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 06:22 PM
It's probably a third party but I have the feeling that DeathlyHallows has nothing to do with humans, I think it might a creature like the Dementors.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 06:24 PM
It's probably a third party but I have the feeling that DeathlyHallows has nothing to do with humans, I think it might a creature like the Dementors.

The name does sound like it belongs to a monster but the question is why would Rowling name the last book after a monster
the last book could have gone either way

Half-Bolod prince= harry or voldemort

btw does anyone see a relation to Adolf Hitler and Voldemort

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 06:31 PM
I don't think there a relation between them. Adolf Hitler was cruel it's true but he was cruel to take out immigrants out his country. However, Voldemort I think he's selfish and wants only to have power.

The only resemblance I see between them is that Hitler hated Jews and Voldemort hated wizzards that are not pure blood.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 06:34 PM
Adolf wanted to create an aryan race of blonde haired and blue eyed people but he had balck hair and brown eyes
Voldemort hates wizards who aren't pure blood yet he is not of pure blood himself

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 06:36 PM
I seriuosly don't know what to say anymore about these two.
Anyways, the big question i think everybody is asking themselves is how is Harry is gonna get strong enough to beat Voldemort?

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 06:41 PM
Oh yea haven't really thought about that ....

Maybe he'll create his own spell

doesn't his mothers protection wear off this year?

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 06:49 PM
His mother's protection did not work since in Book 4 (when voldemort returned). It'll be great for harry to create his own spell but I wouldn't like him to only depend on one spell,

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 07:01 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see

I plan on camping out for the last book what about you?

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 07:03 PM
You mean you not going to read it?

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 07:06 PM
I am going to read it I'm just gonna wait outside of the store with a sleepingbag and a tube of toothpaste and a bottle of poland spring

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 07:08 PM
Yo, that's funny I thought doing that this year too. But even though I do it, It's not going to be a problem because where I live there is not too many people living around and the store is 24 hours. I might get the book at midnight tops.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 07:15 PM
lucky you There is alot of people where I live and I 'd probably get the book at 7 am

rhapsody blue
January 08, 2007, 07:20 PM
Where do you guys live? I know a lot of Americans camp out for Harry Potter and bookstores here have Harry Potter parties.

@deathshadow25

I admire you for camping out because I don't know if I could the same. I like my bed too much >.<

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 07:32 PM
I live in New York but i might be moving to someplace a little lore exotic (think south africa [ in translateabe])

Harry potter parties how do those go?

rhapsody blue
January 08, 2007, 07:53 PM
I live in New York but i might be moving to someplace a little lore exotic (think south africa [ in translateabe])

Harry potter parties how do those go?

Well, I haven't gone to one but I just know that the bookstore staff and some customers dress up as wizards and witches. Think of it like a birthday party. There's plenty of food, games, and stuff to do. Some of my friends have gone and they enjoyed it.

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 07:55 PM
A Harry Potter party? where is that happening?

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 07:59 PM
Yea I wanna go to one except i don't wanna cosplay

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 08:04 PM
I would not want to cosplay either. They made a birthday party for me when I was 16 and all the decorations were about Harry Potter, felt so embarassed.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 08:07 PM
that is a bit embarrassing but harry potter rocks just go with the flow andpretend that harry potter is the thing then everybody else would have harry potter decorations at their 16th birthday party

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 08:10 PM
that's a funny way to put it but nobody said anything about it that's why I was all cool and did not say anything to my parents about it.

rhapsody blue
January 08, 2007, 10:49 PM
A Harry Potter party? where is that happening?

They usually occur when a new book is released so when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is released, it'll probably be the last Harry Potter party. I'm from Ohio and the local bookstores (Barnes and Noble, Walden, etc.) and libraries usually host them and every release is a huge deal. The 11 o'clock news even dedicate a segment on these parties.

Yea I wanna go to one except i don't wanna cosplay

I don't cosplay but my friends do. I think they were the only college-aged people who dressed up at the release parties but they didn't care. I admire their guts.

Anyway, do you think Lupin will live? Sirius and James are gone while Peter is most likely to die in the last book. It would be sad if Lupin dies because that would mean no more Maruaders. I hope he lives (he's one of my faves)...

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 10:53 PM
They usually occur when a new book is released so when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is released, it'll probably be the last Harry Potter party. I'm from Ohio and the local bookstores (Barnes and Noble, Walden, etc.) and libraries usually host them and every release is a huge deal. The 11 o'clock news even dedicate a segment on these parties.

I don't cosplay but my friends do. I think they were the only college-aged people who dressed up at the release parties but they didn't care. I admire their guts.

Anyway, do you think Lupin will live? Sirius and James are gone while Peter is most likely to die in the last book. It would be sad if Lupin dies because that would mean no more Maruaders. I hope he lives (he's one of my faves)...

Actually I think I have seen a segment about it on the news

Your friends definitely ballsy I wouldn't do it unless on a dare

I think he might survive he could use his wolf form to tear some deatheaters new ones

DemonDays
January 11, 2007, 02:31 PM
I dont know how much of this is true or not but i found this article about the Deathly Hallows on Wikipedia. It's mostly just piecing together small pieces of evidence given away by JK Rowling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows

kadodo
January 11, 2007, 02:43 PM
I did go on that link DemonDays and I'm not sure how much is true either. However, I was surprised by this interview:
"Jeremy Paxman: So you know what is going to become of all the major characters over the span of the series?
J.K. Rowling: Yeah..yeah.
Jeremy Paxman: Why stop when they grow up? Might be interesting to know what becomes of Harry as an adult.
J.K. Rowling: How do you know he'll still be alive?
Jeremy Paxman: Oh. At the end of book seven?
J.K. Rowling: It would be one way to kill off the merchandising. "

This link below discusses how Harry might be the last hocrux. Anybody thinks it's possible?

"http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-potter/articles/is-harry-the-last-horcrux.html

Anbu_BD2021
January 11, 2007, 02:47 PM
I did go on that link DemonDays and I'm not sure how much is true either. However, I was surprised by this interview:
"Jeremy Paxman: So you know what is going to become of all the major characters over the span of the series?
J.K. Rowling: Yeah..yeah.
Jeremy Paxman: Why stop when they grow up? Might be interesting to know what becomes of Harry as an adult.
J.K. Rowling: How do you know he'll still be alive?
Jeremy Paxman: Oh. At the end of book seven?
J.K. Rowling: It would be one way to kill off the merchandising. "

This link below discusses how Harry might be the last hocrux. Anybody thinks it's possible?

"http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-potter/articles/is-harry-the-last-horcrux.html
well its true, thats 1 way to kill of the merchandising, but theres still the other characters that people can play off of, remember she said SHE wouldnt be writing anymore after book 7, not that she wouldnt allow other people to use the universe as a setting.

as for him being the last hocrux, its quite possible, they mentioned somewhere in the series about the connect between them and that some of V's power being transfered to him.

kadodo
January 11, 2007, 02:52 PM
I don't thing Harry is the last hocrux because didn't Voldemort make all the hocruxes himself?
If Harry is the last hocrux why would he kill something that will allow him to live?

rhapsody blue
January 11, 2007, 03:54 PM
I don't thing Harry is the last hocrux because didn't Voldemort make all the hocruxes himself?
If Harry is the last hocrux why would he kill something that will allow him to live?

Agreed! I thought Dumbledore mentioned that Voldemort was planning to use Harry's body after he had killed the baby. And we know that Harry lived so Voldemort couldn't have made Harry a hocrux. Didn't Dumbledore theorize that Nagini is the last one? Voldemort DOES love his snake. XP

Anbu_BD2021
January 11, 2007, 05:11 PM
yea, the snake likely is one, but that doesnt mean that harry cant be one. what was the hocrux other than something that he put part of his life force in. theres a possibility that he put some of it into harry without meaning to when the curse backfired. im just saying its not out of the realm of possibility considering the connection harry has with V and the snake. aslo it would be a good way for him to find the other 1's rather quickly if he has a connection to them...

kadodo
January 11, 2007, 06:22 PM
It's a good possibility that Voldemort did not intentionally mean to make Harry a hocrux but I still believe that Harry is not a hocrux. And I can't seem to remember why Voldemort Dumbledore thought V had 7 hocruxes. Did Voldemort ever mentioned it?

rhapsody blue
January 11, 2007, 09:43 PM
It's a good possibility that Voldemort did not intentionally mean to make Harry a hocrux but I still believe that Harry is not a hocrux. And I can't seem to remember why Voldemort thought V had 7 hocruxes. Did Voldemort ever mentioned it?

I don't remember for sure but I think it was because 7 is considered a magical number. Voldemort talked to the potions professor from Book 6 about hocruxes and the number of hocruxes one should use.

Anbu_BD2021
January 11, 2007, 11:26 PM
yea, im pretty sure it had to do with 7 being a powerful magical number.

kadodo
January 12, 2007, 12:41 AM
Do you guys think that Professor McGonagall is the strongest at Hogwarts after Dumbledore?

DemonDays
January 12, 2007, 09:55 AM
Do you guys think that Professor McGonagall is the strongest at Hogwarts after Dumbledore?

I think that Snape was. I supose he knew quite a bit about the Dark Arts and he was very good at Potions and Defence agianst the Dark Arts.
He was also very good at the mind magic (forgotten what its called), which was apparently very advanced.

conan
January 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
didnt know this existed :blink thought I'd drop in.

I think that Snape was. I supose he knew quite a bit about the Dark Arts and he was very good at Potions and Defence agianst the Dark Arts.
He was also very good at the mind magic (forgotten what its called), which was apparently very advanced.

agrees, I think snape was the closest to dumbeldore in magical ability and strength, hby the way minds art was called occlumency and legilamency, I hope I spelled them right, one invades the mind and the other is protecting it from invasion, talking about snape what do you guys think about his loyalties after book 6, good or bad or good turned bad at the end.

kadodo
January 12, 2007, 07:28 PM
I'm still unsure about snape's loyalty in all of this. After all he's very talented in occlumency. It'll be very hard for Voldemort to get inside his head.

conan
January 13, 2007, 12:26 AM
I'm still unsure about snape's loyalty in all of this. After all he's very talented in occlumency. It'll be very hard for Voldemort to get inside his head.

yeah sure, but remeber( book 6 spoiler ending) he killed dumbledore openly that is something that is supposed to end everything, but I still cant seem to see where his loyalties actually lie at the end , its rather confusing, but exciting.

Pevee
January 13, 2007, 02:01 AM
yeah sure, but remeber( book 6 spoiler ending) he killed dumbledore openly that is something that is supposed to end everything, but I still cant seem to see where his loyalties actually lie at the end , its rather confusing, but exciting.

I have to admit that I was very much confused by that too. I want to trust him since he's strong and everything, but I can't...

About Harry being a hocrux himself, impossible. One will die and another lives, if Harry is a hocrux then V would die also, but then again, Harry might not be the one, but I think he is.

kadodo
January 13, 2007, 02:18 AM
Yeah, it's hard to belive if Snape is really a traitor. Why did he not kill Harry? He could have easily killed him if he wanted to but he decided not too. I think some other death eaters insisted that he did but he said Harry was Voldemort's to kill. I don't if it's just me but doesn;t something sound fishy here?

Pevee
January 13, 2007, 12:11 PM
Everything about Snape sounds fishy to me.

kadodo
January 13, 2007, 01:00 PM
I don't think the last book will rely too much on classes. I think it'll be more about what Harry and the others will come up with to finish Voldemort.

rhapsody blue
January 13, 2007, 02:00 PM
I don't think the last book will rely too much on classes. I think it'll be more about what Harry and the others will come up with to finish Voldemort.

Agreed; if I recall, wasn't Harry planning to take a sabbatical and search for the hocruxes? I believe Ron and Hermione were planning to go with him as well.

DemonDays
January 13, 2007, 03:06 PM
Agreed; if I recall, wasn't Harry planning to take a sabbatical and search for the hocruxes? I believe Ron and Hermione were planning to go with him as well.

Yup, i mean they cant exactly do much fighting evil stuck at school can they?
Though they've done a pretty good job of it so far.

kadodo
January 13, 2007, 05:37 PM
I think the best question in all this is where will they go?
1) I mean, where is the best place for them to find stuff related to magic?
I would say Hogwarts, Minister of Magic or Ron's house. However, I think they will somehow other than those three to stay.
2)One more thing I would say that's very important is how much people will decide to come with Harry. Will everybody that was in Dumbledore's army follow him? Will there be new members or the number one thing will Harry be accepted in The Order of Phoenix.

Pevee
January 13, 2007, 09:33 PM
I think the best question in all this is where will they go?
1) I mean, where is the best place for them to find stuff related to magic?
I would say Hogwarts, Minister of Magic or Ron's house. However, I think they will somehow other than those three to stay.
2)One more thing I would say that's very important is how much people will decide to come with Harry. Will everybody that was in Dumbledore's army follow him? Will there be new members or the number one thing will Harry be accepted in The Order of Phoenix.

Answer to the best place, I would say it's either Ron's house (although it's unlikely) or the Order (Sirius' house). They would have to stay close to people from the Order for safety reasons and the sake of finding and trading information.
About who will join Harry. Ron. Hermione, although I doubt if she would give up school, she's always been so good at it. But she might graduate early. She's Hermione, afterall. I think the team should have Nerville (or however you spell that) Longbottom to complete it. He's really stepping up and becoming one of the main characters now. Ginny (sp), Ron's sister, she's going out with Harry afterall, so she might as well join the group. I think the group shouldn't be that big, besides the people from the Order. The whole Dumbledore's Army wouldn't leave school and follow Harry, I think, that would cause too much of a problem both for Harry and themselves. I'm sure that they will some how help Harry out either by providing some useful information about what's going on at Hogwart and all that, but no, they wouldn't join Harry in his quest.

conan
January 13, 2007, 10:05 PM
well my guess is its only harry ron and hermione, no one else for the beginning at least, later they will need help for finding the horcruxes, my guess is dumble dore left them something to point them to take the first step in his will, or maybe we will find out who RAB is and he might be the one to help them, but final guess is if snape is loyal to the order of the phoenix, he might end up being the one who helps them, about the places of the horcruxes, I am guessing that the locket was the most protected but the others will have similar places depending on their use, the book was put in hoqwarts for its use and nagini the snake is always around voldemort, so it depends on their use but if they dont have any use they'll probably be in a creepy place like the locket was, or in some place we saw from tom riddles past, like the orphangae sinc I am guessing the ring dumbledore found was in marvolo's house, all guessing though.

Pevee
January 13, 2007, 10:19 PM
well my guess is its only harry ron and hermione, no one else for the beginning at least, later they will need help for finding the horcruxes, my guess is dumble dore left them something to point them to take the first step in his will, or maybe we will find out who RAB is and he might be the one to help them, but final guess is if snape is loyal to the order of the phoenix, he might end up being the one who helps them, about the places of the horcruxes, I am guessing that the locket was the most protected but the others will have similar places depending on their use, the book was put in hoqwarts for its use and nagini the snake is always around voldemort, so it depends on their use but if they dont have any use they'll probably be in a creepy place like the locket was, or in some place we saw from tom riddles past, like the orphangae sinc I am guessing the ring dumbledore found was in marvolo's house, all guessing though.

Nice guessing, sounds all very reasonable.
I think that Snape betrayed the Order, but deep down, I really want to believe otherwise, so I'm not sure what I think about Snape's position.
The hocruxes, those bothersome things, I bet there will be clues left by Dumbledore on their whereabouts. Harry shouldn't and wouldn't start from nothing to guide him.

kadodo
January 14, 2007, 12:02 AM
You all have some great theories there. I'm not myself too sure if Snape really is a traitor but I'll say this as some you said up there. Even Though Dumbledore is dead, it will not be the last time that we will see or hear about him.
Also I see that a lot of us are focusing on the hocruxes being the main thing to finish Voldemort. It's true that hocruxes are a big factor for him to still be alive but I think that there is something more in order to kill him. And that thing is "LOVE". Didn't Dumbledore say in book 5 or 6 that it was about LOVE? Maybe that's what the Deathly Hallows are all about since it derives from Holy.

Pevee
January 14, 2007, 12:08 AM
That may explain the oxymoron's paradoxy.
It does sounds a little cheesy.

kadodo
January 14, 2007, 12:12 AM
That may explain the oxymoron's paradoxy.
It does sounds a little cheesy.

I can't seem to remember whar the oxymoron parodoxy is. Waht is it?

conan
January 14, 2007, 12:24 AM
You all have some great theories there. I'm not myself too sure if Snape really is a traitor but I'll say this as some you said up there. Even Though Dumbledore is dead, it will not be the last time that we will see or hear about him.
Also I see that a lot of us are focusing on the hocruxes being the main thing to finish Voldemort. It's true that hocruxes are a big factor for him to still be alive but I think that there is something more in order to kill him. And that thing is "LOVE". Didn't Dumbledore say in book 5 or 6 that it was about LOVE? Maybe that's what the Deathly Hallows are all about since it derives from Holy.

I guess dumbledore was right about love being powerful, we all now know how harry's mother sacrificed herself and that made a protective spell for harry, but you see the horcruxes are guarded by very comlicated magic like we saw in book six, thats different than fighting voldemort head on, it wont help much more than motivate harry, I guess, but at the final battle where there re no horcruxes left, voldemort and haryy fight, I think love will have a very important result in this fight.

kadodo
January 14, 2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I think the love Dumbledore was talking about in book 6 will show up all the way at the end.
I also remember that there was an interview with JK and she said that book 7 will be very sad. You guys don't ever wonder why that is?

conan
January 14, 2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I think the love Dumbledore was talking about in book 6 will show up all the way at the end.
I also remember that there was an interview with JK and she said that book 7 will be very sad. You guys don't ever wonder why that is?

could you find a link to that interview, I'd like to read it if yu can, anyway, I am sure she said that at least two people from harry's close friends will die, but she didnt say who, seems next book will be a bit tragic, but also seems to be action packed.

jairdan6
January 14, 2007, 04:34 PM
she said two characters are going to die, not two of his close friends

conan
January 15, 2007, 05:14 AM
she said two characters are going to die, not two of his close friends

she emphasized the significance of the charracters who are going to die, but maybe your right, I am not claiming I know, its the impression I got from the many interviews I read.

Pevee
January 15, 2007, 11:01 AM
I can't seem to remember whar the oxymoron parodoxy is. Waht is it?

oxymoron a word which contains two contradictory words (ex: wise fool)
paradox - something absurd

I just have a bad feeling about it. Two characters, I don't want to guess.

iThePirate
January 19, 2007, 11:31 PM
I was thinking 'bout the prophecy, it's a contradiction yet not.
It obviously says that one have to kill the other but it also says "NEITHER can live while the other survives"..
Maybe it's just me overthinking it..

And what 'bout Harrys mom sacrificing herself so that Harry could survive? Love 'n all that was it that saved him right?
But hasn't anyone else of Voldys and the Death eaters victims sacrficed themselves for someone they love?
Why hasn't anybody else survived if love now is so powerful?

kadodo
January 20, 2007, 12:18 AM
]
I was thinking 'bout the prophecy, it's a contradiction yet not.
It obviously says that one have to kill the other but it also says "NEITHER can live while the other survives"..
Maybe it's just me overthinking it..

And what 'bout Harrys mom sacrificing herself so that Harry could survive? Love 'n all that was it that saved him right?
But hasn't anyone else of Voldys and the Death eaters victims sacrficed themselves for someone they love?
Why hasn't anybody else survived if love now is so powerful?

I guess the Death Eaters were not able do to such things. It seems that Harry's mom knew what love was all about and she saw that it was the only solution to kill Voldemort.

About the prophecy, it says that neither can live while the other survives. Has any of you ever wondered what will happen if none of them were to survive?

iThePirate
January 20, 2007, 12:30 AM
I hope that Harry dies, no non-author-crappy sequels.

If both dies then both are dead and Harry'll get his own Harry's Day and a broom named after him, or sumthin'..

Pevee
January 20, 2007, 01:39 AM
About the prophecy, it says that neither can live while the other survives. Has any of you ever wondered what will happen if none of them were to survive?

I've thought about that a couple of times but decided to drop the idea simply because it hurts my head to think about it that much. I really do hope that it would end that way though, I think it's a good way to end the series. Like [sfc] said "no non-author-crappy sequels".
Well, for both of them dies, Harry will have his very own holiday, and Hermione and Ron will probably devote themselves in doing something for some kind of cause, something helpful to others (yes, this may sound very fairy-tale-like, but i think that's what JK might want).

kadodo
January 20, 2007, 01:43 AM
Well, it might be true it's what J.K. is thinking about but I have afeeling that Harry is going to die after finishing off Voldemort but he's gonna come back to life later just for the prophecy to stay true. He has to live in orderfor Voldemort to be dead or vice and versa.

Pevee
January 20, 2007, 02:41 AM
Yeah, there the prophecy. Guess that eliminates the possibility.
I think coming back to life is a little cheesy though and I still can't figure how he(or JK) would do that, so let's just not have him die in the first place.
To tell the truth, I still don't know how I picture the ending myself. I want the serie to end along with Harry himself and his enemy, but the prophecy prevents that. So now, I'm jsut going in which ever direction JK may lead me.

kadodo
January 20, 2007, 02:44 AM
I just hope that J.K. don't mess up in the last book.
I never actually asked anybody about this but which book was your favorite. I can say I have two, 4 and 6.

iThePirate
January 20, 2007, 04:15 AM
Well I sort of like all except #2, hated that one, didn't have the same quality as the others.

DemonDays
January 20, 2007, 09:16 AM
I enjoyed Prisoner of Azkaban alot, but i prefer the later books because they have more a more in depth storyline. They seem more grownup.

rhapsody blue
January 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
Favorite books of the series: Prisoner of Azkaban and the Goblet of Fire. Why? I love Sirius and he was introduced in the 3rd book. The fourth book made me go :o when Voldemort got revived.

Pevee
January 20, 2007, 01:16 PM
The absolute favorite: Goblet of Fire and maybe the Half-Blood Prince, the actions and the in-depth plot got me going.

kadodo
January 20, 2007, 07:45 PM
I could see that a lot of people liked Goblet of Fire. Was it because Voldemort came back? The Tournament or the Duel between Harry and Voldemort?

rhapsody blue
January 20, 2007, 07:58 PM
I could see that a lot of people liked Goblet of Fire. Was it because Voldemort came back? The Tournament or the Duel between Harry and Voldemort?

You pretty much got my reasons. I think Voldemort's coming back was the most unexpected thing to happen in this series especially the way he came back. The dual was amazing too since we discovered the connection between Harry and Voldemort's wands. I felt bad for Harry at first because people thought he was an attention hog at the beginning.

kadodo
January 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
I think one of the most unexpected thing that happened was also the death of Cedric Gregory. Are you guys thinking about watching MOVIE 5?

Pevee
January 21, 2007, 12:54 AM

Everything basically. The tournament was great, but the duel between Harry and Voldemort is even better. The plot starts to deepened in book 4.

I think one of the most unexpected thing that happened was also the death of Cedric Gregory. Are you guys thinking about watching MOVIE 5?

Cedric! How could he died?! And the movie was disappointing, I imagined he would look better, a little bit. But it wasn't that big of a deal. Oh, and he was supposed to show up in the third movie, and that was probably the whole reason for me to go watch that one, but he never did. So the third movie ended up the biggest disappointment for me (not the mention the new movie director). But I got over it quick enough.
The fifth movie? Of course I'm going, I just have to see Hermione for the last time. If you haven't heard, she's not going to be in the last two movies because she "wants to take care of school and prepare for college". That sucks; she's my favorite character too. So that's why I'll definitely watch the movie the day it comes out so no one can tell me "Oh, don't watch it. It's bad." I hate it when people try to tell me that.

iThePirate
January 21, 2007, 03:25 AM
The fifth movie? Of course I'm going, I just have to see Hermione for the last time. If you haven't heard, she's not going to be in the last two movies

According to Imdb.com she is in the 6th movie although nuttin' is certain 'bout that one yet...

kadodo
January 21, 2007, 09:10 AM
Everything basically. The tournament was great, but the duel between Harry and Voldemort is even better. The plot starts to deepened in book 4.
Cedric! How could he died?! And the movie was disappointing, I imagined he would look better, a little bit. But it wasn't that big of a deal. Oh, and he was supposed to show up in the third movie, and that was probably the whole reason for me to go watch that one, but he never did. So the third movie ended up the biggest disappointment for me (not the mention the new movie director). But I got over it quick enough.
The fifth movie? Of course I'm going, I just have to see Hermione for the last time. If you haven't heard, she's not going to be in the last two movies because she "wants to take care of school and prepare for college". That sucks; she's my favorite character too. So that's why I'll definitely watch the movie the day it comes out so no one can tell me "Oh, don't watch it. It's bad." I hate it when people try to tell me that.

Oh, I did not know that. I don't want to see a change in the characters now. It's gonna hard for the fans to get used to another Hermione. I guess College is very important for her. However, think she'll try to make in the last two movies. Remember after after movie 2 or 3 they said Daniel Radcliffe was not going to be in the next movies cause his voice was too getting too deep or something? Look at him now.

]
According to Imdb.com she is in the 6th movie although nuttin' is certain 'bout that one yet...

I really hope that's true

rhapsody blue
January 21, 2007, 11:43 AM
Oh, I did not know that. I don't want to see a change in the characters now. It's gonna hard for the fans to get used to another Hermione. I guess College is very important for her. However, think she'll try to make in the last two movies. Remember after after movie 2 or 3 they said Daniel Radcliffe was not going to be in the next movies cause his voice was too getting too deep or something? Look at him now.

I think it's silly if Daniel Radcliffe is not going to be cast as Harry the last two movies; if 20-somethings can play high schoolers, then why can't he continue playing Harry? I also heard that Emma Watson aced the entrance exam (or whatever those tests in Englad are called) for college and I know that she does value her education. I hope she stays...

Pevee
January 21, 2007, 12:04 PM
I think it's silly if Daniel Radcliffe is not going to be cast as Harry the last two movies; if 20-somethings can play high schoolers, then why can't he continue playing Harry? I also heard that Emma Watson aced the entrance exam (or whatever those tests in Englad are called) for college and I know that she does value her education. I hope she stays...

Redcliffe? Why would he quit? He's having the greatest career everyone wishes for. Also, he's growing with the movie, he's growing while Harry is also growing. I don't see anything bad about it.

The entrance exam, it's GCSE, or something like that. It's kinda like our ACT, but covering basically all subjects. I'm not sure, that's all the "GCSE-in-a-nutshell" my friend gave me a while back.

So, she's going to be in the sixth movie? The good, but why not all of them? There's only one left afterall. But education always comes first, so we can't blame her on that. But yes, I really do hope she stays.

rhapsody blue
January 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
Redcliffe? Why would he quit? He's having the greatest career everyone wishes for. Also, he's growing with the movie, he's growing while Harry is also growing. I don't see anything bad about it.

It's not like he's quitting but I have heard rumors that the studio would replace him if he was "too old" for the role.

Pevee
January 21, 2007, 02:55 PM
It's not like he's quitting but I have heard rumors that the studio would replace him if he was "too old" for the role.

Oh, okay. But yeah, he's become an icon for kids now. They can't afford replacing him.

kadodo
January 21, 2007, 08:32 PM

Oh, okay. But yeah, he's become an icon for kids now. They can't afford replacing him.

If they were to replace Radclife, a lot of fans will probably not watch Harry Potter movies anymore. And we know that the studios would not want to have a deficit in the business.

iThePirate
January 22, 2007, 04:04 AM
Well I havn't seen any info that anyone of the "stars" is goin' to quit.
But maybe I missed something, I've only checked imdb.com and some harry potter-fansites (5 of 'em) and checked out warners own harry site and nuttin' 'bout anyone leavin' at all... :D

deathshadow25
January 23, 2007, 10:28 PM
Actually I heard that the star Emma Watson (or whatever her name is ) is going to quit after this movie thats coming up next

kadodo
January 23, 2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah, somebody mentioned up there already. I really hope that's not true. I was getting used to her. It seems that she cares a lot about her school work, so I don't know if she'll stay or not.

deathshadow25
January 23, 2007, 11:07 PM
omfg is she in college already?! damn well I don't blame her acting is a taxing job and so is college I guess she has no choice but to give up on one

kadodo
January 23, 2007, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure if she's already in College. I think she's about to go or something like that.

DemonDays
January 24, 2007, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if she's already in College. I think she's about to go or something like that.

Dont forget what the english call college, is really the last two years of High School in America.

kadodo
January 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
Oh thank you for clarifying this for us DemonDays. It's goog that you live in England.
By the way, do you guys think Movie 5, will be the best out of all the movies so far?

conan
January 24, 2007, 04:58 PM
Oh thank you for clarifying this for us DemonDays. It's goog that you live in England.
By the way, do you guys think Movie 5, will be the best out of all the movies so far?

Iwould think so, not for any reason in particular except that the story in that certain movie is very action packed , more than any of the ones before, thats the only reason that made me think so.

kadodo
January 24, 2007, 05:32 PM
For some reason Movie 4 was not what I expected, they cut out a lot of parts in the movie and they changed some parts in the final tournament with Harry and Cedric

DemonDays
January 24, 2007, 05:41 PM
I think all of the movies get better as they progress, but maybe that because Daniel Radcliffe gets a bit better at acting each time.

deathshadow25
January 24, 2007, 05:47 PM
I think all of the movies get better as they progress, but maybe that because Daniel Radcliffe gets a bit better at acting each time.

thats true when he first started he was a reall bad actor and now he's getting better personally i think hermione or emma watson is the best actor out of the three

DemonDays
January 24, 2007, 05:52 PM
thats true when he first started he was a reall bad actor and now he's getting better personally i think hermione or emma watson is the best actor out of the three

She is..but the guy who plays Ron has had the most experience.
He's been in quite a few films before and quite a few English TV programs.

Rupert.......?

deathshadow25
January 24, 2007, 06:06 PM
She is..but the guy who plays Ron has had the most experience.
He's been in quite a few films before and quite a few English TV programs.

Rupert.......?

.....Grint..... I think

Oh really well he's not that bad of an actor he was definetely better than Daniel when he first started the harry potter movies. I know Daniel Radcliffe was at least in one other movie before the Harry Potter movies.

kadodo
January 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
I can't really say who's the better actor because all three have to act differently because Harry, Hermione and Ron have different characteristics. But when it comes to acting I would say Hermione is the best one.

jairdan6
January 24, 2007, 09:09 PM
dan radcliffe has been in, The Tailor of Panama. i saw him once in an episode of extras which was funny as hell. i guess we'll see how well he can do "whiny sonnovabitch" in the next film. rupert grint is okay, Driving Lessons wasn't very good in my opinion though. emma watson has never been in anything else but harry potter i believe, so... yeah she makes a good hermione.

kadodo
January 24, 2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this jairdan6. I would say that it's true what you said movie 6. It's going to be hard for Daniel Radcliffe to play sad in the next movie after Dumbledore's death, but we gonna see that too in movie 5 after Sirius' death.

Any of you know how long Movie 5 will be?

jairdan6
January 24, 2007, 10:47 PM
i'm gonna hazard a guess around 2 1/2 hours as the other movies have hovered around that time. jk rowling said that the 20 minute preview she got to see "looked fantastic" (according to wikipedia)

kadodo
January 24, 2007, 10:52 PM
Well I surely hope that movie will be perfect and I think we get to see Dumbledore and Voldemort's duel

Goji
January 25, 2007, 05:44 AM
I read all the books... several times... :smile-big :eyeroll

And I only watched the first movie, once! 'Cause after I saw the first movie I was shocked at how much they had left out and how much it differed from the book!! :o
That's when I swore I'll never watch another HP-film again... :noworry I was thinking: if they already left so much out in the first movie, what would happen in the next movies? The books only got bigger and bigger so they would leave out more and more stuff! :darn
That's why I've only seen the frist movie once.

But I love to discuss theories about HP, that's why I came to check out this thread! ^^

conan
January 25, 2007, 06:38 AM
I read all the books... several times... :smile-big :eyeroll

And I only watched the first movie, once! 'Cause after I saw the first movie I was shocked at how much they had left out and how much it differed from the book!! :o
That's when I swore I'll never watch another HP-film again... :noworry I was thinking: if they already left so much out in the first movie, what would happen in the next movies? The books only got bigger and bigger so they would leave out more and more stuff! :darn
That's why I've only seen the frist movie once.

But I love to discuss theories about HP, that's why I came to check out this thread! ^^

I did it the other way round, I am just not good with books, but after seeing the four movies I decided I wanted to know what happened and read the rest, but I found out how much I missed from the first four becuase of not reading them through my sister who read them all, they really take a lot of stuff out , but its fun none the less, anyway goji, I am trying to figure out what most people think of snape after what he did in the last book, do you haveany thoughts on this subject ?

Goji
January 25, 2007, 06:54 AM
Don't get me started about snap, I have so much to say about him!
I think the best way to give my opinion is to guide you to an editorial about Snape ( it's a marvellously written piece of art !!! :amuse ).

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/spinnersend/se19.shtml

I mostly share this theory about snape. Basically it states that snape is still on the good side and gives very good facts/theories to back that up.
Definitely a must read! ;)

Can't wait to hear what you think about that editorial, I also have a few disagreements with this theory but I'll give them after you've read it. XD

ps: it's a few pages long, but don't be scared by it's lenght, I think it's worth it.

conan
January 25, 2007, 07:15 AM
I think the best way to give my opinion is to guide you to an editorial about Snape ( it's a marvellously written piece of art !!! :amuse ).

I mostly share this theory about snape. Basically it states that snape is still on the good side and gives very good facts/theories to back that up.

Can't wait to hear what you think about that editorial, I also have a few disagreements with this theory but I'll give them after you've read it. XD

ps: it's a few pages long, but don't be scared by it's lenght, I think it's worth it.

I'll give it a read, I've actually read a few other theories on mugglenet, but in my mind, there is a lot of hope that snape is still loyal to the order of the phoenix in his own way, but I'll say more after I read the article. :p

Goji
January 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
Yes, exactly, I'm convinced that snape is going to play a (major) role in helping to defeat Voldemort. But now he's stuck between a rock and a hard place 'cause he won't have to rely on much help from the Order, so he'll have to try and do his thing all alone...
I'm also wondering what he'll do with Draco now... maybe Draco will help him? Or he'll drop Draco with his mother...? I also think R.A.B. is Regulus Black, but I'm sure you've already read a few articles on that one. :amuse
All these questions! XD
Can't wait 'till book 7!

conan
January 25, 2007, 09:40 AM
Yes, exactly, I'm convinced that snape is going to play a (major) role in helping to defeat Voldemort. But now he's stuck between a rock and a hard place 'cause he won't have to rely on much help from the Order, so he'll have to try and do his thing all alone...
I'm also wondering what he'll do with Draco now... maybe Draco will help him? Or he'll drop Draco with his mother...? I also think R.A.B. is Regulus Black, but I'm sure you've already read a few articles on that one. :amuse
All these questions! XD
Can't wait 'till book 7!

well I skimmed through them, enjoyed the part about severus's childhood, but I disagree about his relationship with lily, I dont think they were ever friends at all, maybe colleauges but grudgingly, but he did respect her, but the community he was in didnt which is the now death eaters and formere slytherins at that time mostly, so he had to hate her to stay where he was in that community, but I think he acted it, but I dont think it went as far as the righter suggested, but the other parts were good, the writer mentioned the details of the events in the books, but maade his own conclusions based on what he thinks are the intentions of the charracters, which might or might not be true, what I am trying to say is that I havent made my mind tottally about all of this and I am still confused, but I do agree at a lot of stages with the writer, and I cant help but feel severus was indeed loyal to dumbeldore, but why he di what he did in the last book, I dont think we will know the full details until book 7, which like you are , I am waiting for restlesly :amuse.
but I have to say it was a good piece to read.
finally RAB, regulus black is a fine guess like jo rowling mentioned in her interview with the mugglenet and leacky cauldron website founders, but somehow I am thinking she was hiding something, she always has the talent to pull something unsuspected out of the blue, which makes me think it would be quite hard to be so sure of RAB's identity, like I said I am quite confused but somehow I dont believe its regulus black, although some good evidence points to him.
well thats all, I've enjoyed righting this actually, had no one to discuss harry potter with lately. :p

Goji
January 25, 2007, 10:21 AM
I think you're right about Snape's relationship with Lily; I think he respected her because she defended him against James and his gang and because she was such a great potionmaker, but I (just like you said) don't think their relationship went as far as LadyLupin (author of the editorial) thought it would...

I do believe there IS a reason that Snape protects Harry, but I don't think the reason is because he performed an unbreakable vow with Lily. He protects Harry because he owes James a lifedebt that he did not repay. In fact he is the reason that the Potters are dead. Now he owes Harry. It will be very interesting how book 7 plays out.

I would like to see Snape help Harry with the Horcuxes, wouldn't that be interesting? He could be a great help 'cause he definitely is a master in the Dark Arts!

About R.A.B. being Regulus; I know Regulus is the obvious choice, but who else could it be?? We don't know anybody else with those initials... do we? And she can't just make a new character to play that role, don't you think? It has to be someone we know, or at least heard of....

Exciting, exciting, what will JKR tell us in her last book? Who knows..? Probably something totally unexpected! lol XD

conan
January 25, 2007, 10:42 AM
I think you're right about Snape's relationship with Lily; I think he respected her because she defended him against James and his gang and because she was such a great potionmaker, but I (just like you said) don't think their relationship went as far as LadyLupin (author of the editorial) thought it would...

I do believe there IS a reason that Snape protects Harry, but I don't think the reason is because he performed an unbreakable vow with Lily. He protects Harry because he owes James a lifedebt that he did not repay. In fact he is the reason that the Potters are dead. Now he owes Harry. It will be very interesting how book 7 plays out.

I would like to see Snape help Harry with the Horcuxes, wouldn't that be interesting? He could be a great help 'cause he definitely is a master in the Dark Arts!

About R.A.B. being Regulus; I know Regulus is the obvious choice, but who else could it be?? We don't know anybody else with those initials... do we? And she can't just make a new character to play that role, don't you think? It has to be someone we know, or at least heard of....

Exciting, exciting, what will JKR tell us in her last book? Who knows..? Probably something totally unexpected! lol XD

well I think snape wants to help harry not becuase of his debt to his father, I agree with you about the thing about his guilt for hearing the prophecy though, but my personal belief is that getting rid of voldemort is snapes biggest motivation to help harry, since he has heard half of the prophecy and now knows who it refers to, and for whatever dumblebore might have told him, I think snape knows that harry is needed to beat voldemort, and thats the reason he helped him very often.

about the horcruxes, I agree with you totally on this, after the last trip harry and dumbeldore took its obvious that there is lots of traps and magical charms and hexes and magical creatures guarding horcruxes, so a great wizard like dumbledore with the knowledge to get through them is neede, I thought of two people who could help harry in this regard, slughorn and snape, slughorn wouldnt want to be concerned with this, and snape, well he is as mysterious as ever, the only person I thought of after that was hermione, she is extremely above her level in magic and usually does surprise everyone with her ability in a tight spot in the mental manner, harry is more about courage and stepping up to problems, thats why I think snape is the most likely candidate for the job, if he is afterall loyal to the order which I think he is and he proves so to the order or harry.
about regulus, I mean I dont have an answer to your questions but I am just guessing theres to many things jo rowling could do with this, and something with this potential of teasing is fun for her to play with which she will and not make it easy for the readers, thats my personal humble guess.

Goji
January 25, 2007, 10:57 AM
Yah, you could be right in all your points... fact is, everything we say is just plain speculation. :darn :p

I just thought about someone esle who could help harry in his horcrux-destruction-quest; Bill Weasly... I mean isn't Bill a "spellbreaker/ hex-curse-destroyer / artifact-finder - thingy" for Gringotts?! And he's a member of the Order! So maybe he also can help harry on that aspect...

I'd love to debate a little longer with you about all this, but you'll have to wait 'till tomorrow afternoon (local time now: 16:56) 'cause I'm studying for my exams :s :eyeroll and I've got one tomorrow, so... yeah... lol
So tomorrow afternoon I'll be free again! XD

C ya ;)

conan
January 25, 2007, 12:14 PM
Yah, you could be right in all your points... fact is, everything we say is just plain speculation. :darn :p

I just thought about someone esle who could help harry in his horcrux-destruction-quest; Bill Weasly... I mean isn't Bill a "spellbreaker/ hex-curse-destroyer / artifact-finder - thingy" for Gringotts?! And he's a member of the Order! So maybe he also can help harry on that aspect...

I'd love to debate a little longer with you about all this, but you'll have to wait 'till tomorrow afternoon (local time now: 16:56) 'cause I'm studying for my exams :s :eyeroll and I've got one tomorrow, so... yeah... lol
So tomorrow afternoon I'll be free again! XD

C ya ;)

take your time and study well, no rush, I've almost said everything I wanted to anyway, about bill weasley, its a fairly good guess, but the thing about the traps voldemort put is that they are very advanced, and very powerful, with many things that could get you while your guard is down, I plainly just dont think that bills magical ability is up to voldemorts trickery and magic, but its debatable I guess, well thats all from me.
see you tommorrow too. :bye

kadodo
January 25, 2007, 04:23 PM

I did read up the theory about Snape(the whole thing!) on http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/spinnersend/se19.shtml and I thought that it was well done by the author and many specific examples about Snape being on Dumbledore's side. I had a feeling myself that Snape killed Dumbledore in order to protect Harry but I never had a good theory to back it up. As a lot of you said, I don't think Lily and Snape were that close, but I'm pretty sure Snape was very appreciative of Lily. Maybe Snape is protecting Harry because he owes it to James for protecting once and maybe also for Lily for being protective of him as a young boy. That said, if that the theory happens to be true, I think Snape is in a very bad situation because not only is he protecting Harry but he's also protecting Draco Malfoy.

Personally after reading it, I thought that Snape will die in the next book and I think that's what will make it so sad that Harry realizes that Snape was protecting him this whole time, however I don't know how his relationship with Draco will be.

Overall, all I just said was just a theory if Snape really is Dumbledore's and Harry's side.

Goji
January 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yes indeed kadodo, if this theory is true then Snape is indeed in grave danger! If either Harry or Draco dies, he's done for... and I could think of quite a few situations where either Harry or Draco or even both, die...

But yah, as I said earlier I highly doubt the fact that he has made an unbreakable vow with Lily, but that does not take away the fact that he still wants to protect Harry and that he still MUST protect Draco!
So that leaves still plenty of occasions for Snape to die... XD He could be killed by Voldemort for many reasons, he could be killed while protecting Harry/Draco, he could be killed by a death eater or by a member of the Order, he could be killed by a horcrux (?),...

Who knows, anything could happen!

And yes, like you said kadodo we're not even sure Snap IS on "the good side"...

One things for sure: I definitely want to hear more about Snape in the next book, and I'm pretty sure that will be the case. :amuse

The question that still remains unanswered: how big will the role that Severus will play be, in the destruction of Voldemort?

Now I'm going to bed 'cause I want to sleep well so I can make a great exam tomorrow. :p

kadodo
January 25, 2007, 08:07 PM
Yes indeed kadodo, if this theory is true then Snape is indeed in grave danger! If either Harry or Draco dies, he's done for... and I could think of quite a few situations where either Harry or Draco or even both, die...
Yep, If Snape is on Unbreakable Vow for both Harry and Malfoy then it means he must protect them at all cost. If any of them die, there will be no more Snape.

As for who RAB is many people are saying that it has to be Regulus Black. I agree Regulus Black is the best choice that we can infer, however none of you ever wonder what that "A." stands for? It could be his middle name but to be on the safe side we can also infer that it's not him.
R.A.B. could even be the name of somebody else backwards, remember in book 2 "Tom Marvolo Riddle" stood for "I am Lord Voldemort"? We might insinuate that J.K. might come with something like that again.

I never guessed anything J.K. will come up with so I might be wrong.
Did any of you think before reading book 6 that Snape was the Half-Blood Prince?

Pevee
January 25, 2007, 09:58 PM
No way, that was wayy too over-my-head for me. I just knew that it's not Harry, I even start suspecting Snape because of all the great potion-making tips thing, but it was just an idea and it flew again a minute after some thoughts.
That's why Snape is going to become one of the very main characters in the next books. There're more mysteries about this guy than there are about voldemort! But anyways, I think he's on Harry's side. He has been helping Harry all this time; why hasn't he try to kill him (well, he has to let Voldemort do that), why didn't he somehow help Voldemort kill Harry? It would be quite easy to think about it (at least it seems to me). So, the vow between Snape and the Potters, anyone of them, seems very probable for me right now..

RAB, backward? BAR?

Goji
January 26, 2007, 05:31 AM
Yep, If Snape is on Unbreakable Vow for both Harry and Malfoy then it means he must protect them at all cost. If any of them die, there will be no more Snape.

As for who RAB is many people are saying that it has to be Regulus Black. I agree Regulus Black is the best choice that we can infer, however none of you ever wonder what that "A." stands for? It could be his middle name but to be on the safe side we can also infer that it's not him.
R.A.B. could even be the name of somebody else backwards, remember in book 2 "Tom Marvolo Riddle" stood for "I am Lord Voldemort"? We might insinuate that J.K. might come with something like that again.

I never guessed anything J.K. will come up with so I might be wrong.
Did any of you think before reading book 6 that Snape was the Half-Blood Prince?

You're totally right about RAB; it still could be anyone...

About my guess who the half-blood prince might have been; the thought that it was Snape definitely had crossed my mind, especially after "Sectumsempra"... When we saw that Snape immediately knew the "counter/heal-spell" for the wound Malfoy had and especially when Snape seemed to recognize his old potionsbook when he used leglimency on Harry...
When I read these things + the fact I knew the "half-blood prince" was very good at potions; Snape did suddenly crossed my mind.... but I certainly wasn't sure it was him until the very end where he revealed it to harry. :noworry

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I did not kow Snape was the Prince until the very end.
I have a question for you guys, do you know how the ghost thing actually works out? You know in Book 5, when Sirius was dead he asked the Ghost of Griffondor if Sirius is a ghost now and he said no. Do you guys remember why he was not a ghost?
Isn't there a possibility that Dumbledore could be a ghost?

conan
January 26, 2007, 11:08 AM
actually thats quite important, you know, in an interview with the writer she said that that exat mystery will be detailed in book 7, I remeber the ghost explaining things but he was quite vague, what he meant was that he didnt die totally like normal people do, but somehow stayed as a ghost, but he doesnt contact the dead, after the books name was released as harry potter and the deathly hallows, people started making more speculations about this, aspecially the veil that sirius died in and how significant it may be, about dumbledore being a ghost, well I dont think so, the writer has made it obvious that dumbledore is simply not coming back becuase he is dead, although we will see more about hi in the book, but he is definitely dead, and he is also in a portrait in the head masters office so in some way he already has a ghost.

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I would like to know about that mystery better.
By the way, did they say the book will definitely come out this year?

Goji
January 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
Actually I don't quite remember very well what nearly headless nick said to Harry.... something about not being able to let go of things here in the "real world" or yah, an unusual death... Think I'll go look that one up in the books. :Gaipose

I also wonder how much does sush a painting remember of his previous life?? I mean, can Harry just go and talk to it if he needs advice from Dumbledore? Would be convenient...

And yeah, I think book 7 will be published around nov-dec this year...?

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
That's also one of the mysteries of it, but it seems that Dumbledore will not come back in Book 7. At least not physically. However, I think there will be some kind of flashback or messages in Book 7 that could be very useful.

conan
January 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
That's also one of the mysteries of it, but it seems that Dumbledore will not come back in Book 7. At least not physically. However, I think there will be some kind of flashback or messages in Book 7 that could be very useful.

yeah the writer did mention we will see a lot of dumbledore, but he will not be alive, so it probably means flash backs, it seems part seven is all about the past, but that is where all the mysteries lie, I cant wait til book 7, I want to know what happens.

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yes, the past will explain a lot of mysteries that are in the book. I just hope that J.K. forgets about none of them.
@Conan: Can you send a link to these interviews?

Goji
January 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
Yes, interviews can be quite usefull. :p Don't know which one's Mugglenet has but I'm pretty sure you can find some of them there...
Me also wanna learn more about the past! Actually the past of many characters is probably quite interesting... especially Snape, Harry's parents, Dumbledore,...

(stille haven't looked up the ghost facts that Nick said :darn )

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
I'll try to find some on Mugglenet.com then.

Talking about the past(I have a bad memory). I remember in one of the books they said(if I'm not mistaken) that James Potter saved Snape before. Do you guys remember what it was that James did?

Goji, I think it's ll be hard to find what the Ghost said, but you can still try.

Goji
January 26, 2007, 01:41 PM
yah, James saved Snape from Lupin. Sirius tricked Snaped into going under the whomping willow into the shrieking shack where at that time Lupin was transformed into a werewolf. James found out about that prank and saved Snape from getting killed by Lupin.

That's why Snape is in life debt with James. :amuse

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
Oh yeah I remember now. Snape owes James for that. When you look at it, James saved Snape once but Snape kind of saved Harry twice if not more already. For example, in Harry's first year didn't he save Harry was under Dark Spells while playing Quidditch? Wasn't he the one that told Dumbledore in year 5, that Harry and his friends were missing and they probably went to the Ministry of Magic?

However, I always wondered if Voldemort did not know if it was Snape that prevented Harry from being killed in the Quidditch match.

Goji
January 26, 2007, 01:55 PM
Yes that is a good question but the answer is already been given in book 6. In the first chapter Bellatrix asked a lot of questions about Snape's loyalty towards Voldemort and that was also one of those questions; Snape answered that he couldn't just let harry be killed by Quirrel under the nose of Dumbledore and Snape didn't know that Quirrel was Voldemort at that time... so he tried to stop him.

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
Oh ok. I must say you know your stuff cuz I did not even remember that. Did you find out what the Ghost said yet?

conan
January 26, 2007, 02:03 PM
well this is the main interview, emerson the founder of mugglenet and melissa the founder of the website the leacky cauldron visited J K rowling and answeres a lot of questions in here, it is very interesting and entertaining
http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml

it is three parts, dont forget to continue part 2 and 3.
have fun :p.

Goji
January 26, 2007, 02:10 PM
Oh ok. I must say you know your stuff cuz I did not even remember that. Did you find out what the Ghost said yet?

lol, still haven't started looking... too busy with msn/forum/other stuff :p
But I know where to look!

@ conan: thanks for the link, I'll check it out, although I think I've already read a part of that interview... maybe just page 1....

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 02:32 PM
well this is the main interview, emerson the founder of mugglenet and melissa the founder of the website the leacky cauldron visited J K rowling and answeres a lot of questions in here, it is very interesting and entertaining
http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml

it is three parts, dont forget to continue part 2 and 3.
have fun :p.

Thanks for the link, I was waiting to read those stuff. Maybe I'll figure out something :)

lol, still haven't started looking... too busy with msn/forum/other stuff :p
But I know where to look!

Well I'll be wating for it. :)

Goji
January 26, 2007, 02:58 PM
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix; Page 758 Hard Cover UK edition

"So, you came back, didn't you?" said Harry urgently. 'People can come back, right? As ghosts. They don't have to disappear completely. Well?" he added impatiently, when Nick continued to say nothing. N.H.N. hesitad, then said, "Not everyone can come back as a ghost.'
"What d'you mean?" said Harry quickly.
"Only... only wizards."
'oh', said harry, and he almost laughed with relief. "Well, that's Ok then, the person I'm asking about is a wizard. So he can come back, right?'
Nick turned away from the window and looked mournfully at Harry.
"He won't come back."
"Who?'
"Sirius Black", said Nick.
"But you did!" said Harry angrily. 'You came back - you're dead and you didn't disappear-"
"Wizards can leave an imprint of themselves upon the earth, to walk palely where their living selves once trod," said Nick miserably. "But very few wizardes choose that path."
"Why not?" said Harry. "Anyway-it does not matter- Sirius won't care if it's unusual, he'll com back, I know he will!"

... (left a few sentences out, which were irrelevant)

"He will not come back," repeated Nick. "He will have ... gone on."
"What do you mean, 'gone on'?" said Harry quickly. "Gone on where? Listen - what happens wen you die, anyway? Where do you go? Why doesn't everyone come back? Why isn't this place full of ghosts? Why-?"
"I cannot answer", said Nick.
"You're dead, aren't you? said Haryy exasperatedly. 'Who can answer better than you?"
"I was afraid of death," said Nick softly. "I chose to remain behind. I sometimes wonder whether I oughtn't to have... well, that is neither here nor there... in fact, I am neither here nor there..."
He gave a small chuckle. " I know nothing of the secrets of death, Harry, for I chose my feeble imitaion of life instead. I believe learned wizards study the matter in the Department of Mysteries-"

So it looks like a wizard can choose to leave an imprint of himself behind, if he's afraid of death...
And he also stated that "learned wizards study the matter in the Department of Mysteries"!
I think there lies the clue for the next book....

What do you think of this?

kadodo
January 26, 2007, 03:44 PM
:offtopic My 1000th post!

Thanks Goji!
"

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix; Page 758 Hard Cover UK edition

"Wizards can leave an imprint of themselves upon the earth, to walk palely where their living selves once trod," said Nick miserably. "But very few wizardes choose that path."
"Why not?" said Harry. "Anyway-it does not matter- Sirius won't care if it's unusual, he'll com back, I know he will!"

Well I think that's something very weird indeed. Wizards can decide to leave a part of themselves on earth but not many of them choose to do so. I assume if it's that rare among the Wizard World then it means that there is a price to pay or it's something that's not easy to decide.

"I was afraid of death," said Nick softly. "I chose to remain behind. I sometimes wonder whether I oughtn't to have...
Here we can see clearly that Nick regrets making that decision, so I say that he's not happy being a ghost right now. Also, I can say that it maybe has something with his fear of death.

I know nothing of the secrets of death, Harry, for I chose my feeble imitaion of life instead. I believe learned wizards study the matter in the Department of Mysteries-"

It seems that Nick was not too sure of how the ghosts thing actually worked out. We can also see when he says feeble that he does not like the way he's living.
I guess the Department of Mysteries will play a big part in Book 7.

Goji
January 27, 2007, 08:41 AM
Well yeah, I'm sure that The Department of Mysteries will play a role in the next book... maybe it has someting to do with the title of book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

What do you guys think about that title? What could we derive from it?

DemonDays
January 27, 2007, 12:46 PM
Well 'Deathly' obviously points towards something to do with death and Hallows means something that is sacred.
So whatever it is, i reckon its not evil.

kadodo
January 27, 2007, 12:54 PM
Well yeah, I'm sure that The Department of Mysteries will play a role in the next book... maybe it has someting to do with the title of book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

What do you guys think about that title? What could we derive from it?

1)a lot of us have said that Hallow means something that is holy. so I say (like Demondays mentioned) that they are not evil.

@Goji: You probably right, the Department of Mysteries probably know a good deal of it. However, something cae to my mind,did they ever mentioned or does Harry knows anybody that works there?

2) Some people also said that the Deathly Hallow might have something to do with where Harry's parents used to live(forgot thename of the house)

and

3) Some people thought that it could be the place where Voldemort came back to life.

So, which one of those do you guys think is most likely to occur?

Pevee
January 27, 2007, 10:14 PM
I figured that it would be a place where:
1) Harry fights Voldemort (which can also be #2)
2) the sight of Harry's parents' old house, deaths (which can also be #1)
3) The last hocrux is. <<Although I think this is a little insignificant compared to the other two.

I first came up with the idea that it's an object, but I was quick to dismiss it since it doesn't make much sense either to myself or the word.

Goji
January 28, 2007, 06:20 AM
I thought that Deathly Hallows may refer to the horcruxes that have yet to be found. In the sense that "deathly" implies death, something is deathly when it is related to death, and Hallow refers to something "holy", some special object like "the holy grale", which also was an "object to be found".
Therefor I thought that "the deathly hallows" may refer to the remaining horcruxes... :p (-> don't know if it makes much sense... :sweat )

My second theory is also the one that it may refer to the place where Harry's parents lived and died: "Godric's Hallow". -> Deathly Hallows... (just like kadodo and pevee said)

But yah, my guess is as good as anyone else's.

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 09:51 AM
I thought that Deathly Hallows may refer to the horcruxes that have yet to be found. In the sense that "deathly" implies death, something is deathly when it is related to death, and Hallow refers to something "holy", some special object like "the holy grale", which also was an "object to be found".
Therefor I thought that "the deathly hallows" may refer to the remaining horcruxes... :p (-> don't know if it makes much sense... :sweat )

My second theory is also the one that it may refer to the place where Harry's parents lived and died: "Godric's Hallow". -> Deathly Hallows... (just like kadodo and pevee said)

But yah, my guess is as good as anyone else's.

I never really thought about the Deathly Hallows related to the hocruxes, that's a good theory, maybe the deathly hallows is something that could allow you to kill the hocruxes but you can still remain holy(safe and unhurt).

Goji
January 28, 2007, 10:57 AM
I never really thought about the Deathly Hallows related to the hocruxes, that's a good theory, maybe the deathly hallows is something that could allow you to kill the hocruxes but you can still remain holy(safe and unhurt).

That's a very good theory! Maybe it's some "defense-thingy" designed by Fred and George Weasly (!), in their new line of DADA-equipment! :eyeroll :Gaipose

Anyway... Deathly Hallows could mean anything... good or bad, object or not... :noworry

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah I agree. It could mean anything.
I remember J.K. said in an interview that during an interview that we will find out a lot about Dumbledore. However the question is how will we find out, who will be the one to talk about dumbledore's life or will his life be cited like in the (Pensieve)?
What do you guys think?

Goji
January 28, 2007, 03:14 PM
I remember J.K. said in an interview that during an interview that we will find out a lot about Dumbledore. However the question is how will we find out, who will be the one to talk about dumbledore's life or will his life be cited like in the (Pensieve)?
What do you guys think?

The pensieve is a possibility... but that would mean that there are already viles of the memory of perkamentus stored somewhere...?

What I think would be more logical is that harry receives some information about Perkamentus from his brother. What's his name again....?

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 03:31 PM
That' s a good idea you have about the Perkamentus. Dumbledore's brother is named Aberforth Dumbledore. I wonder if he's as strong as his brother Albus Dumbledore.
By the way, do you remember where he actually lives?

Goji
January 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
No... I couldn't even remember his name. :eyeroll I wonder where I read about him... lol
Does anyone know in which book/ chapter we first (or afterwards) heard about him?

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 03:48 PM
Here is something I copied and paste in leakylounge.com It was in book four

In Goblet of Fire, Dumbledore comforts Hagrid following Rita Skeeter's article and says

"My own brother, Aberforth, was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms on a goat. It was all over the papers, but did Aberforth hide? No, he did not! He held his head high and went about his business as usual! Of course, I'm not entirely sure he can read, so that may not have been bravery..." (emphasis mine) (The Goblet of Fire, US paperback, page 454)

Goji
January 28, 2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks kadodo!!
All in all we don't know much about Aberforth do we? I also wonder how good a wizard he is... would be nice if he's as powerful as Albus! :amuse
So maybe he can be of some assistance to Harry...

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 04:00 PM
You welcome. I surely hope that he will come out after Dumbledore's death, he's probably going to be some assistance to harry like you said. Maybe He will remember Dumbledore that way.

I wonder if these innapropriate charms he was practicing were dark magic. What do you guys think?

Goji
January 28, 2007, 04:07 PM
yeah, maybe he's like the evil counterpart of Albus... ^^
Nah, but he'll probably know some advanced magic!

Of course, I'm not entirely sure he can read, so that may not have been bravery..."

And what's that supposed to mean? Is he that different from Albus? Albus the super literate wizard and Alberforth the analphabetic?

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 04:27 PM
Well don't know what it means but I sure hope it does not mean analphabetic. maybe he can't read in public? But I'm pretty sure that Abforth knows a good deal of magic because he was accused of doing innapropriate charms on a goat.
Don't you guys think that he probably knows weird creatures, if he does maybe he'll have something to do with the Deathly Hallows.

Goji
January 28, 2007, 04:41 PM
lol, weird creatures! Would be cool if he knew some special ones. ^^

But I really don't know how he could be related with deathly hallows.... but since we don't know anything about him and we don't know anything about the deathly hallows...
Anything could be true!

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see.
The author said that there won't be quidditch in the last book, are you guys going to remember it?

Goji
January 28, 2007, 04:53 PM
Guess when Voldemort is gone and Harry is still alive, he won't be needed as an Auror anymore..., so maybe he can become a Seeker for a famous Quidditch team?!
hehe, that would be awesome! :amuse

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah that sure will be awesome, that is Harry is still alive.

Goji
January 28, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yep......
Guess that's the biggest question of them all: will Harry live or die?
We'll have to wait 'till book 7 is here... :(

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 05:07 PM
I can't wait, I'll try to buy it on the first day.

Goji
January 28, 2007, 05:11 PM
Me too! There are some "midnight releases", but I'm not that crazy to go to them... I'll just wait and buy it the first day it's in the stores.

jairdan6
January 28, 2007, 05:57 PM
the midnight releases are the best. your missing out. for book six i went to a book store at 11 and they had a guy playing the theme from the movies.

Goji
January 28, 2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe I should try it for the last one, if you say it's that great. But then I probably won't sleep 'till I've finished the book... :sweat

LadyHatake
January 28, 2007, 08:28 PM
I did the midnight release for the 5th book. i was in middle school when it came out, and let me tell ya, that place was a madhouse >< I was at a bookseller here in the States called "Barnes & Noble" and they were hosting an entire event. I was one of the first people who reserved a copy, so I was one of the first to pick it up too <3 I won't do that again though ,oo too many crazy people, and I'm not as interested in HP as i used to be.

It was funny watching people in homemade costmes, though ^^ One guy ran around with a broom and a towel tied around on his neck as a cape and a sign on his shirt saying "I'm Harry Potter" XD I knida wish I'd taken pictures of it ^^

kadodo
January 28, 2007, 11:53 PM
Never actually went to a midnight release but I think I should try it sometimes since my neighborhood is not that crowded.

@LadyHatake: Did that Barnes and Nobles happened to be in NY?

Goji
January 29, 2007, 04:33 AM
It was funny watching people in homemade costmes, though ^^ One guy ran around with a broom and a towel tied around on his neck as a cape and a sign on his shirt saying "I'm Harry Potter" XD I knida wish I'd taken pictures of it ^^

haha XD
yeah, too bad you didnt' take pictures... :p But I saw a midnight release at tv with the release of book 6, and OMG... Some of the ppl there weren't exactly sane I think... -_-'
There were a few girls who started screaming when they got their hands on the new book, and there also was a guy who fainted due to all the excitement.... was kind of funny though! :XD

When you see it like that, maybe I'll go to the next one, but I don't even know if there is one in my neighbourhood... :darn :eyeroll

We'll see in december!

ps: for those who are interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows

There's a section called: "known plot details", which might be interesting to look at... just a few more things that are very probable to happen in book 7. You may have read this already...

LadyHatake
January 30, 2007, 06:07 PM
@LadyHatake: Did that Barnes and Nobles happened to be in NY?

No, in Virginia ^^

I may go to the release this year with a friend, just to take pictures and laugh XD

Goji
January 30, 2007, 06:16 PM
tsss, laugh with the people there... :mad :noworry

How deliciously vicious of you Lady H.! ^^
Be sure to send me the pictures XD

venicia777
January 31, 2007, 01:26 AM
i intend to get this book immediately it is released. i would love it if tiime will be available to the midnight waiting thing.

kadodo
January 31, 2007, 08:36 AM
If you guys were ever to get the book at midnight would you read it until daylight?

venicia777
January 31, 2007, 08:46 AM
Never. i will go straight to sleep. Hoping not to get to work all groggy and sleepy.

kadodo
January 31, 2007, 08:50 AM
Never. i will go straight to sleep. Hoping not to get to work all groggy and sleepy.

Iknow I would but if you might not have to go to work the next day. I would then go to sleep.

By the way, they did not announce the release date yet. did they?

venicia777
January 31, 2007, 08:54 AM
No-- I havent seen the release date anywhere-- not even on JKR's site.

and even if there was no work-- i will still go to sleep. I have the book already-- there will be no way i would spend the rest of the night and morning reading. i like to take my time reading story books. Especially one that is supposedly the last in this series.

kadodo
January 31, 2007, 08:57 AM
I guess you're right. I don't know if you're a fast reader but for book 4-6 it took me about 3-4 days to finish reading them.

Goji
January 31, 2007, 08:58 AM
If you guys were ever to get the book at midnight would you read it until daylight?

I don't know what I would do... first I thought I would read half of it that night and the other half the next day... But now that I think more carefully about it, I'll probably buy it, then go to sleep and start reading it first thing in the morning! ^^

It all depends on when it's being released though, 'cause if I have something to do the next day I'll probably just begin to read it when I have time for it.

But once I have it I would most definitely want to finish it as soon as possible!

ps: it is suggested that the book will be published at the end of this year.... november - december 2007.
But just as venicia says: nothing is officially confirmed.

kadodo
January 31, 2007, 09:01 AM
ps: it is suggested that the book will be published at the end of this year.... november - december 2007.
But just as venicia says: nothing is officially confirmed.

Wouldn't this be first time it gets release in winter because I remember most of the other times it was during the summer

Goji
January 31, 2007, 09:03 AM
Well some ppl believe in the date: 07-07-07...
That is in summer, but it would seem a little soon to me. Although it would be really wonderful if it is planned for that date. XD

kadodo
January 31, 2007, 09:12 AM
Well I really don't mind what time it comes out as long as it comes out in 2007.
Did J.K. anouce how many pages the book is going to be yet?

venicia777
January 31, 2007, 09:18 AM
I guess you're right. I don't know if you're a fast reader but for book 4-6 it took me about 3-4 days to finish reading them.

when i decide to binge on reading--- and i have time to relax-- i take less than a day to read a whole book. I have read soo many books- especially really long ones by writers like Sidney Sheldon, Tom Clancy, Dean Koontz, Danielle Steele, and many more. And at times it is absolutely necessary to finish a book early especially if you have to go to work almost everyday.

But when i decide to take my time-- i will absolutely take the longest time i can to enjoy every bit of the book.

Goji
January 31, 2007, 09:23 AM
I think she said the last book wasn't going to be any bigger then the 5th one (which was the biggest one so far...). So it shouldn't be more then 700 pages...?

And I mostly read a book in a day or two... sometimes quicker if it really is an exciting one ^^

DemonDays
January 31, 2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah usually takes me two days to read the books...i basically just sit and dont do anything else.
So i reckon one weekend of hardcore reading will get me through the last book.

Goji
January 31, 2007, 09:57 AM
Exactly like DemonDays said; I try to do it in two days, and when I do that all other things are put on hold... except really important things ofcourse... :eyeroll
Just one weekend hard core reading! Yeah! XD

kadodo
January 31, 2007, 10:56 AM
You guys are just lik me but I'm just a slower reader.

I never asked this before, but how did you hear about Harry Potter?

Goji
January 31, 2007, 11:06 AM
That's an interesting question kadodo. :grin2

I got the first book as a christmas present in the year the second book came out... so it was in 1998. That would mean I was 11 years old when I read my first Harry Potter book. ^^

Man, it sure has been a while, hasn't it? :p

kadodo
January 31, 2007, 11:50 AM
That's an interesting question kadodo. :grin2

I got the first book as a christmas present in the year the second book came out... so it was in 1998. That would mean I was 11 years old when I read my first Harry Potter book. ^^

Man, it sure has been a while, hasn't it? :p
Yes, it has been a while. Nine Years! As for me, I started reading reading Harry Potter when I was 13. (2001) At the time, i used to read it in French. My friend in class was reading and he told me it was very interesting. He would read for couple of minutes and then he would let me do my turn. I finished it before him afterwards, when I forgot to give it back to him one day (I did not really forget, I just could not close the book). After that my mom bought the whole collection for me (1-4 at the time). I only read book 5 and 6 in English.

deathshadow25
January 31, 2007, 04:16 PM
Have you seen these pictures they're sick

Harry Potter is now a sick person who likes horses (but not in the conventional way)

Warning Pictures are Graphic for those really young so don't click

http://www.queerty.com/queer/cliffechestH.jpg

http://banners.broadwayworld.com/equus/equus_col2_hires.jpg

http://www.playbill.com/images/photos/equuspre3.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/dailydish/2007/01/30/dd_dshradcliffe130200x283.jpg

btw he's lucky that girls is hott

So do you think he might get fired from the Harry Potter pictures now cause of thes photos ?

jairdan6
January 31, 2007, 04:58 PM
those are for a play he's doing in which he has to get nude. it's called Equus i believe, and he plays a 17 year old who's brought to a mental facility because he mutilates horses for no apparent reasons. also he's obsessed with horses. Alan Strang, thats the name of the character

Goji
January 31, 2007, 05:18 PM
Thank you jairdan... that explains the weird animal photo's... >.>
Still kind of disturbing... O.o

jairdan6
January 31, 2007, 05:23 PM
whaaat? you're not into weird animal eroticism? 0_0. anyways,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equus_%28play%29 according to that the guy who plays Uncle Vernon from the hp movies is going to be starring opposite radcliffe as the psychiatrist i assume.

Goji
January 31, 2007, 05:36 PM
whaaat? you're not into weird animal eroticism? 0_0. anyways,

Well, not really... but I do have my own little fetish ^^

I already said too much! O_O :ninja

*walks away with his whip and black leather mask*

hope I didn't scare anyone too much... :grin2 :eyeroll

jairdan6
January 31, 2007, 05:42 PM
w/e, just hope you've got a good safety word.

Goji
January 31, 2007, 05:51 PM
LOL
haha, yeah it's "more" XD

(ever seen the movie Eurotrip? ^^ )

To stay on topic: do you think Harry has ever seen a movie in his life?

jairdan6
January 31, 2007, 06:00 PM
i doubt it, cause weren't the dursley's supposed to have never tooken him to do anything that fun.

i kind of wonder if there are wizard movies

kadodo
January 31, 2007, 07:07 PM
Have you seen these pictures their sick

Harry Potter is now a sick person who likes horses (but not in the conventional way)

Warning Pictures are Graphic for those really young so don't click

http://www.queerty.com/queer/cliffechestH.jpg

http://banners.broadwayworld.com/equus/equus_col2_hires.jpg

http://www.playbill.com/images/photos/equuspre3.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/dailydish/2007/01/30/dd_dshradcliffe130200x283.jpg

btw he's lucky that girls is hott

So do you think he might get fired from the Harry Potter pictures now cause of thes photos ?

I did not know he made such movie. I'm not gonna talk about it much cause we have to stay on topic :)

As to answer your question Goji, I don't think Harry ever watched a movie since he entered Hogwarts but I think he did before.

deathshadow25
January 31, 2007, 07:08 PM
o_O

creepy wierd animal eroticism.........fetish.....leather whip and mask.........safety word.......where do I sign up ?!?

Wizard movies sound interesting but I doubt they have them even if they're like indie films. Wizards aren't mainstream at least i doubt it.

jairdan6
January 31, 2007, 08:03 PM
I did not know he made such movie. I'm not gonna talk about it much cause we have to stay on topic :)

As to answer your question Goji, I don't think Harry ever watched a movie since he entered Hogwarts but I think he did before.

it's not a movie, it's a play.

i'm wondering, even pureblood wizards have electricity right? they have electric stoves and such right? i don't know. i just find it interesting why wizards seem to shun "muggle" technology so much

Pevee
January 31, 2007, 10:05 PM
they have electric stove? I thought they just use their magic to light up the stove. But as for electricity. I think they use light bulbs, I'm not sure whether I've seen it in the movies.

Goji
February 01, 2007, 04:13 AM
Yes... I haven't really thought about that.
I don't think wizards have electricity... think everything is done magically... but I'm not 100% sure. :ninja

And about the movies... I really don't know; we haven't heard about one right? But we can assume that there are wizard -actors... so probably there are also wizard-movies.
I wonder how they would look like though. >.>

Maybe full of weird special effects: like that you can even "smell" and "feel" the film... or maybe you can ,kind of like with the pensieve, "dive" into the movie and see everything like you're there with all the characters.
So many possibilities... XD

@deathshadow:
o_O

creepy wierd animal eroticism.........fetish.....leather whip and mask.........safety word.......where do I sign up ?!?

PM me and we'll talk about it ;) :jk :grin2

venicia777
February 01, 2007, 10:29 AM
So the final release is on 21 july

kadodo
February 01, 2007, 10:37 AM
So the final release is on 21 july

Where did you hear that?

Goji
February 01, 2007, 10:41 AM
yeah, venicia is right! I also read that date on mugglenet!
Allright! ^^

see also here (http://www.scholastic.com/aboutscholastic/news/press_02012007_CP.htm)!

kadodo
February 01, 2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks guys I just checked it out also. Man, they gonna make a lot of money in July. Movie 5 will come out July 13th on a Friday and book 7 will be released 8 days after on July 21st, Saturday. Everyone will go crazy.

Goji
February 01, 2007, 11:42 AM
Yep, guess it was planned strategically: first get everyone in the Harry Potter mood with the 5th movie and then release the final book a week after! It's gonna be a bang!

Wish we got some of the money they make... :p

kadodo
February 01, 2007, 11:46 AM
Tell me about it. I'm kind of happy that the book will be released during the summer. This way I'll have more time to read it. I think I'm gonna be sad after reading the last one cu z there will be no more Harry Potter.

Goji
February 01, 2007, 11:53 AM
Indeed... :( It's going to be weird when you don't have to wait for another book anymore...

But JKRowling said that if she's one day going to write another book about Harry Potter that it will be an encyclopedia about the wizarding world. And that the money she makes from that one will be for charity.
So there is still a little bit of hope....

kadodo
February 01, 2007, 12:14 PM
I know, I'm gonna miss reading it. I heard about the possibility of another book, but I would like for her to try to write other stories to see how it'll turn out.

DemonDays
February 01, 2007, 01:01 PM
I dont think any other books she writes would match up to Harry Potter.
But i supose it depends if she keeps on writing childrens books or writes more adult books.

kadodo
February 01, 2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I think that everbody will kind of want her future books to be related to Harry Potter but I don't think that will be case.
@DemonDays: When did you start reading Harry Potter

yoniekai
February 01, 2007, 01:09 PM
kinda feels empty after the last book will be released... oh man i love that series

Goji
February 01, 2007, 01:13 PM
jepjep, I think we'll be relieved that we know how it finally ends, but feel sad for the fact that the whole adventure is finally over...

@yoniekai: And when did you start reading HP? XD

yoniekai
February 01, 2007, 01:25 PM
lol. about 5 years ago. i thought it was a childish novel so i ignored it. but when i tried reading a few paragraphs of the 1st book i just had to find a seat and finish it... really damn good series. goblet of fire is the best :thumbs

kadodo
February 01, 2007, 01:35 PM
I think so too. Goblet of fire somehow was the one that had the most action and it was really the first death that harry experienced and Harry was a hero for facing Voldemort again and survive.

Goji
February 01, 2007, 05:36 PM
Well, I find it extremely difficult to pick a favourite... but I feel like they are getting better and better every book! ^^
Everything is getting more and more serious and more exciting as the story continues...
That's why I think that book 7 will become my favourite. :D
All will depend on what will happen in the last book of course... :ninja

jairdan6
February 01, 2007, 08:19 PM
lol, do you think harry potter is going to become like a "classic" like 30 or so years from now? i think it'd be funny if it did.

kadodo
February 01, 2007, 08:27 PM
I think it's already a classic. The only thing we have to ask ourselves is if they'll remake the movies.

jairdan6
February 01, 2007, 10:30 PM
when i say classic what i mean is: is this book going to be read in english classes. like Great Expectations which was good enough to be read for 9th, 10th, AND ap english

kadodo
February 01, 2007, 10:48 PM
Ah, maybe. It'll be hard though cause I think it could be the only book read fduring the whoke year. :smile-big

Goji
February 02, 2007, 07:03 AM
Harry Potter is definitely a classic but I don't think they'll become school-read-books... They're not serious enough for that. ^^
And if they make them reading literature in school, they'll have a problem 'cause everybody will already have read them... :D

conan
February 02, 2007, 09:55 AM
hey guys, sorry I hevnt been here in a while, I probably wont come back for a while too :p just wanted to see how you were all doing after hearing yesterdays news about the publishing date, but it seems you already went through that all.
and about harry potter becoming a school book classic, I highly doubt it, it just gives the wrong message sometimes, like be rash and use your imagination and dont care about school work, dont think the educational boards will like that idea :p.

Goji
February 02, 2007, 10:28 AM
lol
yah, it gives the message like: hide yourselfs in the toilets, wait 'till all the teachers are gone home and then go find the "secret chamber" inside the principal's office! It's quite the adventure! XD :D

DemonDays
February 05, 2007, 04:27 PM
It was school that first got me interested in Harry Potter.
I was in Year 4 (so i would have been about 8/9 years old) and the teacher began reading it to our class.
I remember even staying late some days just so she could finish chapters and stuff.

conan
February 05, 2007, 06:28 PM
It was school that first got me interested in Harry Potter.
I was in Year 4 (so i would have been about 8/9 years old) and the teacher began reading it to our class.
I remember even staying late some days just so she could finish chapters and stuff.

well I would think it was the teachers personal taste, and the first two books didnt really give that much of teenage angst and such, but I wouldnt think it would be like shakespere, you know like studied as part of the curriculum, but hey , I wouldnt know, I only spent up to 2nd grade in the uk, and returned at uni, wouldnt really know what they teach in GCSE english or higher, or even lower for that, but its a good thing, I wouldnt mind it, keeps you open minded somewhat, its also well written and has an array of interesting charracters, and the wizrdry and fantasy bits are really good, thats what I think.

venicia777
February 05, 2007, 07:37 PM
i just pre-ordered the deluxe version of book 7. i would have loved to get a midnight stand-inline buy; but it is absolutely not an option.

Has anyone pre-ordered hallows yet?

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 12:27 AM
No not yet, do you usually get it on the same day or a day or two after?

Goji
February 06, 2007, 05:14 AM
lol Venicia, I also just pre-ordered the deluxe edition! :D

And yes kadodo, if things go as planned you can go get the book on the same day as the release... YAY!

venicia777
February 06, 2007, 05:19 AM
yeah!!! But since it is the last book i am not in a rush to get it on the first day at all.

Goji
February 06, 2007, 05:23 AM
Well I know what you mean, but I think I'll go get it the first "day" it is available (not on the midnight release). We'll see how it goes... :ninja XD

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 09:12 AM
I could get mine on the midnight release as well but I don't know anybody that would drive me to the store. I guess I'll probably have to walk.

Goji
February 06, 2007, 01:22 PM
To be honest I don't really know yet, which stores in my region are going to have a midnight release. I think they'll let us know in may or june...
Still 6 months 'till we can read it! Aaaargh! :yelling

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 01:24 PM
I know, six months seem kind of far though. I wonder how many copies they already made. Probably 3 million.

Goji
February 06, 2007, 01:30 PM
Do you think they already made some? I don't think they're at the printing stage yet... But I could be wrong. They're probably proof-reading and correcting mistakes, maybe even still waiting for the final script from Jo...

Or does it take that long to print a book? o_O

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 01:37 PM
I really don't know how long it takes, but I know that the englsih and american version are going to be the ones that willneeed to be printed the most. Do the international ones come out on 7/21/2007

Goji
February 06, 2007, 01:40 PM
No they need a few months to be translated. They'll probably be ready for Christmas ^^

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah I remember when I first read the first four books in French, I had to wait to buy the fifht one until november or december. I could not wait anymore so I bought it in English.
By the way, I think the fifth movie is gonna be great(even though you don't watch them)

Goji
February 06, 2007, 01:46 PM
hehe, yeah I'm not going to watch it :p But I'm sure it will be the movie to see this summer. I hope for you that it'll be a good movie! :D

sharingan_kakashi
February 06, 2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah I remember when I first read the first four books in French, I had to wait to buy the fifht one until november or december. I could not wait anymore so I bought it in English.
By the way, I think the fifth movie is gonna be great(even though you don't watch them)

The movies were never the same when the actor playing Dumbledore died. But the movies are geting better and better. who is directing the movie this time?

Cant wait for the new book to get released!!

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 01:51 PM
yeah, I always enjoy the movies. I think that best one so far was the second one. The third one was the worst one ever. The director made it seem too childish and he added some stuff that made the story less interesting that it actually was.

The director of movie 5 is David Yates.

Goji
February 06, 2007, 01:56 PM
Just like you say, I think the movies are too different from the books, and leave too many things out... But I'm not gonna rant about this again! :p XD

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, the movies and the books are totally different but I know it made the Harry Potter books become more popular.

If a character were to die in book 7, who do you think it will be?

Goji
February 06, 2007, 02:02 PM
Could be anyone... really I don't know...
Most likely Voldemort, Snape, Peter Pettigrew or any other important character. :eyeroll

And we'll probably get the highest deathtoll for a Harry Potter novel. (So at least 2 or 3 ppl I think...)

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I think it is definite that Peter Pettigrew will somehow die, maybe he'll die in order to save Harry.
As for Voldemort I think he should die also (I don't think the author will put him in Azkaban or anything like that).

Snape is the one that I'm not really sure about but out of these three (Peter Pettigrew, Voldemort and Snape), I say he is the least likely to die.

Goji
February 06, 2007, 02:09 PM
Yes indeed, you're right. Snape still remains a mystery :noworry
And before Voldemort dies he'll probably take out a few more ppl...
So I'm going for 10 at the least (innocent non-major characters included). It'll be a deadly book!
mwuhahahaha

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah I think you're right also. A lot of people will die in this book since Voldemort does not have to worry about Dumbledore anymore.
However, there are two things I wonder:
1) Will it Harry that finishes Voldemort?
2) How will Harry finish him? If all hocruxes are found and destroyed will Harry use ther Avada Kedavra?

Goji
February 06, 2007, 02:20 PM
Think Harry first finds himself in a deadly situation where Peter dies while saving him. And then he'll "kill" Voldemort not with Avada Kedavra but with some powerful "love spell" or something like that... :ninja

And Snape is somewhere in the story going to help Harry overcome some difficulties (maybe with the horcruxes?? or he'll also save Harry from some kind of danger or he'll provide some crutial information about Voldemort or the horcruxes)

Anything could happen in this book. :oh

kadodo
February 06, 2007, 02:46 PM
I agree anything could happen in this book so I'm not gonna try to make up ideas. I just cnnot wait to see what's going to happen. I'm gonna reread Book 6, two weeks before the release so I can remember the things better.

venicia777
February 06, 2007, 02:49 PM
I agree anything could happen in this book so I'm not gonna try to make up ideas. I just cnnot wait to see what's going to happen. I'm gonna reread Book 6, two weeks before the release so I can remember the things better.

i know. i know- anything could happen. Considering it is the last book and two are going to die- i just dont even want to start guessing who or making any predictions thereof.

Pevee
February 09, 2007, 12:47 AM
I'm always like, "Hmmm, so two people are dying, I think it's . . No! Must.....not......think......" *squeezed eyes shut* *bites lips*

venicia777
February 09, 2007, 06:49 AM
At least we know before hand. It was a good move by Rowlings. Considering the many young that read this-- giving a fore knowledge of what was agoing to happen in terms of death was very prudent.

Snape- dieeeeeeeeee!!!!

kadodo
February 09, 2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I think it makes people want to read it more when such a thing is going to happen.

I also think that Snape is going to die but I don't think it will be Harry's doing.

The only thing I'm wondering now is if MAlfoy will attend Hogwarts since some people know that he helped in killing Dumbledore. Will he go t school walking head high like nothing happened or will he stay with Snape in order to protect him (remember the Unbreakable Vow)